PDA

View Full Version : Plano Football

Pages : [1] 2

5A Fan
08-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Long time viewer, but as you can see first time to post.

Noticed that there are no posts about this years Plano Senior High team. I know they lost Meager, Burkhead, and Lott, but nothing about this years team? Just wondering. Did see they did well in a scrimmage last week.

Tough district with Allen. Those guys are good!

NHB06
08-26-2009, 03:08 PM

Noticed that there are no posts about this years Plano Senior High team. I know they lost Meager, Burkhead, and Lott, but nothing about this years team? Just wondering. Did see they did well in a scrimmage last week.

Check out www.planofootball.com

Everything you want to know is over there.

SLC
08-26-2009, 03:10 PM
If there is one thing I know about Plano, it's that no matter what they lose, they are still Plano and there's plenty of kids that can play ball over at 2200 Independence Pkwy.

Welcome to the board 5A Fan.:)

33Blood
08-26-2009, 03:14 PM
there's plenty of kids

And then some. The UIL should just create a PlanoA for the super size schools.

WildcatFan2
08-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Plano takes the JV game 36-0. Freshman QB looked good.

PWildCat
08-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Plano takes the JV game 36-0. Freshman QB looked good.

The two running backs stole the show. Not as impressed with the QB. Where was the other QB from the scrimmage? I don't think there was a passing touchdown the whole game.

PlanoNative
08-28-2009, 07:34 AM
You would've seen a LOT more Plano posts this time last year. ;) Hey, there are a lot of bandwagon Wildcats out there I will admit.

As NHB alluded to there is finally a great website to follow Plano football. This year's team returns 4/4 starters but the losses were obviously big ones. QB seems like a bright spot with two promising arms. Michelson gets the start tonight. WR looks like another strong area, along with the defense. Of course many of us Plano fans are taking a wait and see approach on the latter after last year.

I expect this team to surprise based on practice reports and reviews... along with a lot more discussion over here as the season progresses!

Maroondog
08-28-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm always on the bandwagon but usually just conducting and not playing. :)

5A Fan
08-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks everyone. Thought the JV was very good last night. Defense was VERY good.

NHB06
08-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Just FYI. Get to the PLANO/IMAC game early tonight. I've never been to Irving ISD stadium, but I heard from someone that traffic is horrible and there is not a lot of parking over there. Go Cats!!

allendad
08-28-2009, 11:00 AM
WELCOME 5A FAN !

Now, just remember to NEVER align yourself
with "PlanoWildcatFan"! He will lead you into
the dark abyss.:eek:

We are glad to see another fan of "those"
from the south.

Take care. I'm sure we'll be arguing soon.;)

chickenheart1
08-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know if tonights game is going to be on the radio and if so what station??? Also, is there a place to go to get that information every week?

TrinityTrojan80
08-28-2009, 12:22 PM

Bravo! Most people's 1st post is a real gem where they lay the biggest load of opinionated steaming stuff before they realize that others have opinions too.

Welcome to the board! Just pretend that everyone knows you and that even the ones that you disagree with the most are members of the Church you attend. Plano will reload this year and be right there challenging for a playoff spot. I have a lot of respect for the Plano team!

ABN
08-28-2009, 12:25 PM
guess I will use this thread to make my first post as well (long long time viewer, avid poster on a since deceased HS football forum).

Besides the 0-10 year plano is always a tough opponent for most opponents, even Allen. I remember a year where Plano was written off and they took us(Allen) to overtime. I believe it was 2004? Maybe I am mistaken. Great game, good times. Best of luck against imac. I myself am about to leave for longview, really cannot wait for that first snap.

NHB06
08-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Does anyone know if tonights game is going to be on the radio and if so what station??? Also, is there a place to go to get that information every week?

You can listen to the game online at: http://www.planowildcatqbclub.com/sportsradio.html

You can listen on the radio at KVCE-AM 1160.

Planofootball.com is on twitter at http://twitter.com/PlanoFootball
If you sign up, you can receive score updates sent directly to your cell phone.

Gazelle
08-28-2009, 06:07 PM
You can listen to the game online at: http://www.planowildcatqbclub.com/sportsradio.html

You can listen on the radio at KVCE-AM 1160.

Planofootball.com is on twitter at http://twitter.com/PlanoFootball
If you sign up, you can receive score updates sent directly to your cell phone.

FIRED UP and READY.

Thank God for AlGore's internet invention and KVCE. I've been able to follow the 'Cats from Sanaa, Yemen and Muscat Oman and Cuzco Peru, and that really uncivilized outpost, Houston.

The 'Cats got ref'ed in 7 on 7, but what I saw was impressive. And it seems like during the scrimmage w/ Mesquite (wife's team) the 'Cats showed that 1990/s style defense. If the OL has some game, we are going deep after week 10.

PWF will be on for more soon, I know.

PlanoNative
08-28-2009, 11:06 PM
IMac 14
Plano 13

Very tough loss (aren't they all) for Plano tonight. Lots of drops, including a couple in the endzone. 2 short misses on FG's and a blocked XP. Defense played great, but so did IMac's in the red zone. Aside from the first play from scrimmage - an 80 yard TD scamper by the QB - defense looks light years better than last year. Not any room at all for IMac's RB's who I understand are very talented.

Plano had at least 3 chances to win the game in the 4th quarter, deep in IMac territory and were taught a tough lesson in "how to lose a game."

Maroondog
08-29-2009, 08:51 AM
IMac 14
Plano 13

Very tough loss (aren't they all) for Plano tonight. Lots of drops, including a couple in the endzone. 2 short misses on FG's and a blocked XP. Defense played great, but so did IMac's in the red zone. Aside from the first play from scrimmage - an 80 yard TD scamper by the QB - defense looks light years better than last year. Not any room at all for IMac's RB's who I understand are very talented.

Plano had at least 3 chances to win the game in the 4th quarter, deep in IMac territory and were taught a tough lesson in "how to lose a game."

I agree. IMAC defense stepped up in the 4th. We had more than ample opportunities to win this game and didn't get it done.

Congrats to the Cards on this one. We need to get better and I think it will happen. Also happy to see a much improved looking defense.

PWildCat
08-29-2009, 09:29 AM
I agree. IMAC defense stepped up in the 4th. We had more than ample opportunities to win this game and didn't get it done.

Congrats to the Cards on this one. We need to get better and I think it will happen. Also happy to see a much improved looking defense.

Agree with that. Defense is much improved. They woke up after that first play off scrimmage and started coming together. A big bright spot. On offense, disappointed in the dropped balls and just not being able to hold onto the ball. Man, the QB was getting H-I-T. I don't know how he was getting those passes out. He could throw a nice ball & moved in the pocket well. The kicking game needs some work; hopefully it was first game jitters. It will be a tough game next week; the Cats better be ready.

Congrats Irving Mac. Good luck with the rest of the season.

WildcatFan2
08-29-2009, 11:45 AM
IMac has a couple of very good running backs... but we knew that. :):notworthy

The Plano D looked very good after the 1st qtr, it's amazing that they played as well as they did in the 2nd half after being on the field most of the game.

Two VERY costly fumbles from guys trying to fight for one more foot when they should just go down... they had the 1st down anyway.

One TD drop was bad, the other the receiver tripped just as the ball was arriving and he still nearly made the grab. Still, you have to make those plays to win. Kicking game.... strong leg, not very accurate. Why do they have the practice net on the sideline... just sayin.

Both QBs looked good. Michelson throws a nice ball (barely missed Holt in the 1st qtr too) and hangs in the pocket. The line was doing a good job.

They will be getting Merril and Burns back which will help.

There were a LOT of juniors and sophomores on the field last night

iMac got the win, but there is a lot of good to be taken from that game. DeSoto.... yikes.

5A Fan
08-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Where were Merril and Burns?

PWildCat
08-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Where were Merril and Burns?

Injured in scrimmage. Don't know when they will return. Hopefully by district play.

HacksawJimDuggan
08-29-2009, 08:56 PM
With Wylie's woes and an improved PESH and Jesuit, it could be an interesting year in 8-5A. Obviously, Allen and Plano are the front runners but the parody is there.

dragonsdaddy
08-31-2009, 06:46 AM
With Wylie's woes and an improved PESH and Jesuit, it could be an interesting year in 8-5A. Obviously, Allen and Plano are the front runners but the parody is there.

the district defenses will be tested by pwest, too. the district po contender's races will be interesting.

trojanbacker
08-31-2009, 08:36 AM
I think the word is "parity" since a parody means a humorous or satirical imitation. Or, maybe you did mean parody. jk

tmcran
08-31-2009, 08:57 AM
OK, Plano fans ,for us ole West Tx boys explain how many high schools ya have and the differance. :D

dragonsdaddy
08-31-2009, 09:14 AM
OK, Plano fans ,for us ole West Tx boys explain how many high schools ya have and the differance. :D

2 directional(read bad) ones and the good one. if you're an old oil field worker and you don't have on sandals, i'll make it easy- 3.

bigdaddydog
08-31-2009, 09:16 AM
i think the word is "party" since a parody means a humorous or satirical imitation. Or, maybe you did mean parody. Jk

fify :d

~

trojanbacker
08-31-2009, 09:17 AM
lol

NHB06
08-31-2009, 09:20 AM
Plano ISD has 5 high schools (9-10 grades) that feed into 3 senior highs (11-12 grades).

Plano Senior High (5215 enrollment) is located in central Plano and has Jasper and Vines High as feeder schools.

Plano East Senior High (5852 enrollment) is located in east Plano and has Williams and Clark High as feeder schools.

Plano West Senior High (4229 enrollment) is located in west Plano and has Jasper and Shepton as feeder schools.

vtwinwilly
08-31-2009, 10:07 AM
Plano ISD has 5 high schools (9-10 grades) that feed into 3 senior highs (11-12 grades).

Plano Senior High (5215 enrollment) is located in central Plano and has Jasper and Vines High as feeder schools.

Plano East Senior High (5852 enrollment) is located in east Plano and has Williams and Clark High as feeder schools.

Plano West Senior High (4229 enrollment) is located in west Plano and has Jasper and Shepton as feeder schools.
Do kids from the feeder high schools ever get moved up to play varsity for the Sr Highs, or do they stay strictly JV until 11th grade?

NHB06
08-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Do kids from the feeder high schools ever get moved up to play varsity for the Sr Highs, or do they stay strictly JV until 11th grade?

Students in the feeder schools are allowed to play varsity for the senior highs. Rex Burkhead is a good example. He went to Jasper and played varsity at Plano for 4 years.

WildcatFan2
08-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Students in the feeder schools are allowed to play varsity for the senior highs. Rex Burkhead is a good example. He went to Jasper and played varsity at Plano for 4 years.

there are quite a few sophomores on this year's team.

tmcran
08-31-2009, 12:33 PM

WOW! Poor little ole Abilene High(2200 est) it's a wonder we beat anyone that huge...

Plano West Wolf
08-31-2009, 12:49 PM

Also, in a few years, the feeder patterns of the high schools will be changed. The word on the street it that McMillen High School (new high school in Murphy) and Williams will be zoned to Plano East. Then formally East-zoned Clark will go to Plano Senior, as well with Vines. Then Jasper (my alma mater, which is split with Schimelpfenig Middle School and Rice Middle School going to Plano and Robinson Middle School going to Plano West. However, I predict that Schimelpfenig will shift to Clark, as it's much closer to Plano than West itself. Rice is actually equidistant from both schools.) and Shepton going to Plano West.

This should even out all the Senior High Enrollments... as West is currently the smallest and will see the largest increase of students with the re-zoning.

NHB06
08-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Plano Poll: Gridiron Rivalries
What is the best football rivalry in Plano?

1) Plano Senior vs. Allen
2) Plano Senior vs. Plano East
3) Plano West vs. Southlake-Carroll :confused:
4) Other (Tell us in comments)

Vote at: http://planoblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/08/plano-poll-planos-best-gridiro.html

SWMHebron
08-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Plano Poll: Gridiron Rivalries
What is the best football rivalry in Plano?

1) Plano Senior vs. Allen
2) Plano Senior vs. Plano East
3) Plano West vs. Southlake-Carroll :confused:
4) Other (Tell us in comments)

Vote at: http://planoblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/08/plano-poll-planos-best-gridiro.html

Not one I would have thought about.:confused:

Plano West Wolf
08-31-2009, 06:28 PM
How is SLC a rival of ours?

PWildCat
08-31-2009, 06:58 PM
there are quite a few sophomores on this year's team.

There are actually fewer Sophomores this year than last year! I think 4-5 fewer (but that could always change). Last year, a few Sophs started the entire season and the rest had significant playing time. The junior class is pretty good; there just isn't anybody on here tooting their horns. There are a good group of seniors as well. Let's not overlook them. Since the Senior class was so large (the biggest in a long time) and experienced last year, there weren't a lot of underclassmen that got experience.

Your comment made it sound like half the Varsity team is Sophomores. I only saw a couple play Friday.

NHB06
08-31-2009, 07:11 PM
How is SLC a rival of ours?

Maybe the DMN was thinking baseball when they came up with that??

Plano West Wolf
08-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Maybe the DMN was thinking baseball when they came up with that??

Maybe. We've only played them twice in baseball, as well. :confused:

tjw
08-31-2009, 09:35 PM
Also, in a few years, the feeder patterns of the high schools will be changed. The word on the street it that McMillen High School (new high school in Murphy) and Williams will be zoned to Plano East. Then formally East-zoned Clark will go to Plano Senior, as well with Vines. Then Jasper (my alma mater, which is split with Schimelpfenig Middle School and Rice Middle School going to Plano and Robinson Middle School going to Plano West. However, I predict that Schimelpfenig will shift to Clark, as it's much closer to Plano than West itself. Rice is actually equidistant from both schools.) and Shepton going to Plano West.

This should even out all the Senior High Enrollments... as West is currently the smallest and will see the largest increase of students with the re-zoning.

Any ideal how much increase? Reason I ask is will it move West ahead of Allen in enrollment? If so we'll be Div II almost guaranteed every year. I like the possibility of going Div I or Div II like it currently is.

dragonsdaddy
08-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Any ideal how much increase? Reason I ask is will it move West ahead of Allen in enrollment? If so we'll be Div II almost guaranteed every year. I like the possibility of going Div I or Div II like it currently is.
nm, wrong team. btw, since when is pwest a po lock? pesh for that matter?

Plano West Wolf
09-01-2009, 04:09 PM

No idea. Jasper has roughly 2000 students. Currently, an estimated 667 of these students will attend West following their tenure Jasper. Taking SMS out of the equation and rezoning it to Clark (assuming all Middle Schools have the same student population, which they don't, SMS is the smallest, so the actual number will be a bit higher than what I come up with) and Jasper will have about 1,334 students. Factor that in with Shepton's current enrollment (1,525) and West's campus enrollment 1,904 and that will bring our total enrollment to 4,763. Allen is 4,857... so us eclipsing you in enrollment is a possibility, given any other zoning changes they might make and the fact that my calculations were based on the theory of all the middle schools zoned to Jasper having the same enrollment. Not to mention this will also drastically increase our on campus enrollment as well.

NHB06
09-01-2009, 05:46 PM
No idea. Jasper has roughly 2000 students. Currently, an estimated 667 of these students will attend West following their tenure Jasper. Taking SMS out of the equation and rezoning it to Clark (assuming all Middle Schools have the same student population, which they don't, SMS is the smallest, so the actual number will be a bit higher than what I come up with) and Jasper will have about 1,334 students. Factor that in with Shepton's current enrollment (1,525) and West's campus enrollment 1,904 and that will bring our total enrollment to 4,763. Allen is 4,857... so us eclipsing you in enrollment is a possibility, given any other zoning changes they might make and the fact that my calculations were based on the theory of all the middle schools zoned to Jasper having the same enrollment. Not to mention this will also drastically increase our on campus enrollment as well.

Sounds like Plano and West enrollment will increase while East decreases. Is that correct?

Plano West Wolf
09-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Sounds like Plano and West enrollment will increase while East decreases. Is that correct?

Yes. Plano's enrollment will increase, but not as much as West's will since we're getting a full high school zoned to us, not split like it was before. Same with Plano, but they had the majority of Jasper as well, so they'll increase a little. Too lazy to figure out how much, though.

tjw
09-01-2009, 10:24 PM

Interesting...so should stay the same for enrollment sequence, i.e. PESH, PSHS, Allen, West? Since Allen now has 16 elmentary and 3 middle schools feeding the high school. So should be the same order for awhile is my guess.

nm, wrong team. btw, since when is pwest a po lock? pesh for that matter?

No one said anyone was a lock...just with 3 larger schools it is harder to make Div I. Espcecially all other things involved, 7 school district (4 make playoffs and 3 don't), Jesuit beng forced to play 5A when barely a 4A school, Boyd just went above 5A cut off, etc.

WildcatFan2
09-02-2009, 12:01 AM
There are actually fewer Sophomores this year than last year! I think 4-5 fewer (but that could always change). Last year, a few Sophs started the entire season and the rest had significant playing time. The junior class is pretty good; there just isn't anybody on here tooting their horns. There are a good group of seniors as well. Let's not overlook them. Since the Senior class was so large (the biggest in a long time) and experienced last year, there weren't a lot of underclassmen that got experience.

Your comment made it sound like half the Varsity team is Sophomores. I only saw a couple play Friday.

If I remember correctly, there were 2 sophomores last year - the Skinner brothers.

I didn't mean it as a slam to the juniors, there are quite a few of them as well. In fact, I think it looks good for Plano the next couple of years. The Srs on the team this year are very skiiled too.

There are sophomores splitting time 50/50 - offense and defense - and Merril will get a lot of time when he's back. Agreed, the majority are Juniors.

Gazelle
09-02-2009, 09:11 AM

That has been the plan.
However, future growth, when it occurs, will be at East and at West.

Plano West Wolf
09-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Interesting...so should stay the same for enrollment sequence, i.e. PESH, PSHS, Allen, West? Since Allen now has 16 elmentary and 3 middle schools feeding the high school. So should be the same order for awhile is my guess.

No one said anyone was a lock...just with 3 larger schools it is harder to make Div I. Espcecially all other things involved, 7 school district (4 make playoffs and 3 don't), Jesuit beng forced to play 5A when barely a 4A school, Boyd just went above 5A cut off, etc.

We could leapfrog you depending on how much our on-campus enrollment increases. That's the variable that I didn't take into much consideration when I made the calculations.

Plano West Wolf
09-02-2009, 12:59 PM
That has been the plan.
However, future growth, when it occurs, will be at East and at West.

Mostly East cluster. There only three (at most) residential zoned plots of land zoned to West. (The area in between Spring Creek Parkway and Windhaven, along Parker and Preston and a smaller area at Hedgecoxe Road and Robinson Road, though that may be Frisco ISD, I am not sure.)

NHB06
09-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Now that this thread has been moved to 5A Team Threads, I hope we can make this the official thread for all PISD football with input from Plano, Plano West, and Plano East fans.

NHB06
09-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Get to the Wildcat game early this week. There will be a lot of traffic getting to the stadium in Desoto on Friday.

From Planofootball.com:

McCullough: Plano needs help from fans

The Plano Wildcat fans may be among the best traveling groups in the state. They need to be this week when Plano travels to DeSoto, McCullough says.

“That stadium, it’s like a pep rally atmosphere for them down there,” he said. “We’re going to need Plano support, but we know we’ll get it.”

tjw
09-04-2009, 08:34 AM
So which of the three Plano schools will be the first to win a game this year? Would be interesting to add a poll on this.;)

NHB06
09-04-2009, 08:42 AM
I think you can take East out of the mix of winning a pre-district game. With Abilene, Skyline, and Heritage, I can see East easily going (0-4). West probably has the best chance tonight against FM Marcus.

Maroondog
09-04-2009, 09:35 AM
The high school "gurus" give us no chance against Desoto. I hope they are wrong, but what I do know is that to win we are going to have to really step up.

Have seen the "poor little" Wildcats do it many times before, but need to do it once again. :D

HebronHawk
09-04-2009, 09:36 AM
So which of the three Plano schools will be the first to win a game this year? Would be interesting to add a poll on this.;)

I think you can take East out of the mix of winning a pre-district game. With Abilene, Skyline, and Heritage, I can see East easily going (0-4). West probably has the best chance tonight against FM Marcus.

I would think that the Plano Wildcats would count Hebron as a "sure" win. I'm confused.

NHB06
09-04-2009, 09:38 AM
The high school "gurus" give us no chance against Desoto. I hope they are wrong, but what I do know is that to win we are going to have to really step up.

Have seen the "poor little" Wildcats do it many times before, but need to do it once again. :D

Whoever has the Plano mystique, please return it promptly to Eagle stadium in Desoto.

Maroondog
09-04-2009, 09:50 AM
I would think that the Plano Wildcats would count Hebron as a "sure" win. I'm confused.

Hebron who? :rolleyes: :D

We'll worry about you guys next week. We have enough on our plate tonight.

NHB06
09-04-2009, 09:52 AM

Where is Hebron again?? Somewhere out by Mineral Wells?

HebronHawk
09-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Where is Hebron again?? Somewhere out by Mineral Wells?

Actually a little further west. Drive out near Abilene and start looking for Hebron out there.

NHB06
09-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Actually a little further west. Drive out near Abilene and start looking for Hebron out there.

LOL. Leave us alone until we get past Desoto. ;)

tjw
09-04-2009, 01:01 PM
LOL. Leave us alone until we get past Desoto. ;)

Wouldn't worry about Hebron yet as they may get stung by some skeeters??? :eek:;)

Too bad both ya'll games have to drive the metromess to get to as both should be fun tonight. Still looking for a closer game...Good Luck to everyone tonight in 8-5A, and I guess hawks too.

HebronHawk
09-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Wouldn't worry about Hebron yet as they may get stung by some skeeters??? :eek:;)

Too bad both ya'll games have to drive the metromess to get to as both should be fun tonight. Still looking for a closer game...Good Luck to everyone tonight in 8-5A, and I guess hawks too.

Thanks for the best wishes. Good luck to the Eagles as well. We are playing Male skeeters tonight. They don't sting. :D

tjw
09-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the best wishes. Good luck to the Eagles as well. We are playing Male skeeters tonight. They don't sting. :D

Looked like those skeeters were biting until some one got them in the 4th quarter.:D

I thought I was joking with the which Plano team would win first but now my bet is West and Senior high and East won't be until they face each other and one has to win.:eek:

HebronHawk
09-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Looked like those skeeters were biting until some one got them in the 4th quarter.:D

I thought I was joking with the which Plano team would win first but now my bet is West and Senior high and East won't be until they face each other and one has to win.:eek:

Good point. Hebron made a lot of mistakes in that game, which Mesquite was nice enough to take advantage of.

See you on Friday.

Plano West Wolf
09-06-2009, 10:03 PM
I say West becomes the first PISD team to get a win against a less than stellar North Crowley squad. Plano Senior is second next week against Temple... and... well East? Yeah. They play Jesuit on October 2 :D

NHB06
09-06-2009, 11:22 PM
I say West becomes the first PISD team to get a win against a less than stellar North Crowley squad. Plano Senior is second next week against Temple... and... well East? Yeah. They play Jesuit on October 2 :D

Plano West will get a win next week- I agree. But don't count Plano out yet. Plano is pissed off and hungry for a win. And this is the Wildcats home opener. Granted, Hebron is scrappy as hell. And Hebron is obviously playing better than Plano at this point. But my gut instinct tells me that Plano finds a way to win this one- a very, very close win. Go Cats!!

HebronHawk
09-07-2009, 07:08 AM
Plano West will get a win next week- I agree. But don't count Plano out yet. Plano is pissed off and hungry for a win. And this is the Wildcats home opener. Granted, Hebron is scrappy as hell. And Hebron is obviously playing better than Plano at this point. But my gut instinct tells me that Plano finds a way to win this one- a very, very close win. Go Cats!!

Hebron's kids are coming to Clark Field with an attitude to take revenge for last year. Similar to the Wylie game.

NHB06
09-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Hebron's kids are coming to Clark Field with an attitude to take revenge for last year. Similar to the Wylie game.

Plano's fans want revenge from last year, too. We will be locking the Hebron fans out of Clark stadium before the game starts and towing away cars from the visitor's side. ;)

HebronHawk
09-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Plano's fans want revenge from last year, too. We will be locking the Hebron fans out of Clark stadium before the game starts and towing away cars from the visitor's side. ;)

Seems fair.:D

HebronHawk
09-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Hey Wildcats!

Here's a chance to vote for Plano vs. Hebron as the FOX Game of the Week.

http://foxhilitesdfw.ning.com/contests

NHB06
09-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Hey Wildcats!

Here's a chance to vote for Plano vs. Hebron as the FOX Game of the Week.

Wow. We are winning. Keep voting!!

dragonbuck
09-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Wow. We are winning. Keep voting!!

ya, that should do you a lot of good come gametime;)

NHB06
09-09-2009, 01:49 PM

Always nice to see some news coverage of local games. Adds a bit of excitement to the game.

HebronHawk
09-09-2009, 02:41 PM

More witnesses. ;)

HebronHawk
09-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Awful quiet in here. :ninja:

Does Plano play on Friday? ;)

NHB06
09-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Awful quiet in here. :ninja:

Does Plano play on Friday? ;)

We are busy voting for the GOTW. Up by 1,000 now over Denton Ryan/McKinney. Keep going!!

HebronHawk
09-10-2009, 06:32 PM
We are busy voting for the GOTW. Up by 1,000 now over Denton Ryan/McKinney. Keep going!!

We talked about voting at our booster club meeting on Wednesday as well.

trojanbacker
09-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Yeah, who'd want to see a dog of a game like #1 Cedar Hill vs. #2 Trinity? Good voting. ;)

NHB06
09-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah, who'd want to see a dog of a game like #1 Cedar Hill vs. #2 Trinity? Good voting. ;)

What can I say?? The good people of DFW have spoken. It helped that the Hebron and Plano camps are extensive and well organized. We had a plethora of people manning the poles.

bigdaddydog
09-11-2009, 05:25 PM
What can I say?? The good people of DFW have spoken. It helped that the Hebron and Plano camps are extensive and well organized. We had a plethora of people manning the poles.

Ughhh! We've been robbed!! :D I can't believe you guys were so successful stuffing the ballot er, electronic box.

I guess that just means I won't be watching channel 21, dooh, I forgot. I stopped watching them ater the Trinity game last year!!

~:D

NHB06
09-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Ughhh! We've been robbed!! :D I can't believe you guys were so successful stuffing the ballot er, electronic box.

I guess that just means I won't be watching channel 21, dooh, I forgot. I stopped watching them ater the Trinity game last year!!

~:D

Its a popularity contest. They encourage multiple voting (Read FAQ)-just not hacking into their system. BTW its KDFW Fox 4 not Ch 21.

HebronHawk
09-12-2009, 01:40 AM
Turned out Plano vs. Hebron was a good choice.

NHB06
09-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Great win for the Cats and Wolves on Friday night. Will East continue the trend against Colleyville Heritage??

tjw
09-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Great game Plano, proved me wrong as I thought it was going to be a week or two longer. Like it when 8-5A wins. So now only PESH needs to win a game.

dragonsdaddy
09-12-2009, 10:46 AM

it was a real long distance call from santa's shop and antarctica, i bet.

Plano West Wolf
09-12-2009, 03:15 PM
West won 55 - 35, though the game was not nearly as close. West was up 55 - 14 midway through the third quarter and took the starters out, and judging by the stats, North Crowley left their starters in, so the 21 they scored after that was vs the West backups.

Good to see the first team defense hold them to only 14 points, hopefully it's a confidence booster and we can carry it over into the game against Naaman Forest. Sean Ballard, who moved to running back ran for 225 yards and Michael Pruneau (the best QB we've had for as long as I can remember) has been making every secondary we play look pretty bad. 237 yards on 12 completions, and best of all, he only had 4 incompletions. Good to see that the Wolves are going deep. Our best wide receiver is a sophomore who is average over 20 yards per catch.

Good to hear that they won... and dominated as well. If the offense keeps playing like they are, and the defense plays like they did against NC, look out.

PirateParent2011
09-12-2009, 10:10 PM
West won 55 - 35, though the game was not nearly as close. West was up 55 - 14 midway through the third quarter and took the starters out, and judging by the stats, North Crowley left their starters in, so the 21 they scored after that was vs the West backups.

Good to see the first team defense hold them to only 14 points, hopefully it's a confidence booster and we can carry it over into the game against Naaman Forest. Sean Ballard, who moved to running back ran for 225 yards and Michael Pruneau (the best QB we've had for as long as I can remember) has been making every secondary we play look pretty bad. 237 yards on 12 completions, and best of all, he only had 4 incompletions. Good to see that the Wolves are going deep. Our best wide receiver is a sophomore who is average over 20 yards per catch.

Good to hear that they won... and dominated as well. If the offense keeps playing like they are, and the defense plays like they did against NC, look out.

Congrats to West! Good luck against the Rangers. :)

Plano West Wolf
09-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Congrats to West! Good luck against the Rangers. :)

Thanks! This is another big test for the run defense. I hope we can hold it together and bring our record back to .500. For the 8-5A!

Good luck against Rowlett. I think you guys should beat them. :D I also see Plano winning next week. 8-5A is back!

tjw
09-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Wow, 3 for 3 this week. Way to win PISD.

So is PESH back and going to win more games this year??

NHB06
09-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Wow, 3 for 3 this week. Way to win PISD.

So is PESH back and going to win more games this year??

PESH is so difficult to predict. The Panthers have a tendency to self destruct, lose games that they shouldn't, and never recover (ie. PESH vs Wylie 2007, PESH vs. Jesuit 2008). One thing is certain- the Panthers will bring their A-game to the Plano/Plano East matchup this year. And it will be a hell of a game. Regardless, I'm definately hoping PESH makes the playoffs this year.

tjw
09-14-2009, 09:51 PM
PESH is so difficult to predict. The Panthers have a tendency to self destruct, lose games that they shouldn't, and never recover (ie. PESH vs Wylie 2007, PESH vs. Jesuit 2008). One thing is certain- the Panthers will bring their A-game to the Plano/Plano East matchup this year. And it will be a hell of a game. Regardless, I'm definately hoping PESH makes the playoffs this year.

Now why would you hope for that? :rolleyes: Hmmm sounds like someone does not want a possibility to see a team twice? Of course that would be ya'll making it and getting there as well as the other team.:D:p

NHB06
09-15-2009, 12:25 AM

Now why would you hope for that? :rolleyes: Hmmm sounds like someone does not want a possibility to see a team twice? Of course that would be ya'll making it and getting there as well as the other team.:D:p

The reason: Allen vs. SLC. :D

NHB06
09-19-2009, 08:34 AM
Bad week and poor performance from Plano. West gets a quality win against NF. East loses to a stacked Skyline team. Jesuit beats Hebron. McKinney Boyd tears up McKinney. Allen defeats ET. District 8-5A will sure be interesting this year.

dragonsdaddy
09-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Bad week and poor performance from Plano. West gets a quality win against NF. East loses to a stacked Skyline team. Jesuit beats Hebron. McKinney Boyd tears up McKinney. Allen defeats ET. District 8-5A will sure be interesting this year.

jesuit may screw up your allen-slc wish.

NHB06
09-19-2009, 09:06 AM
jesuit may screw up your allen-slc wish.

LOL. you're right. would have never guessed it.

dragonsdaddy
09-19-2009, 09:13 AM
LOL. you're right. would have never guessed it.

and boyd can put up some points. at least against a non-existent defense. is it possible that plano and pesh are locked out? say it ain't so.

NHB06
09-19-2009, 10:23 AM
and boyd can put up some points. at least against a non-existent defense. is it possible that plano and pesh are locked out? say it ain't so.

It ain't so damn it. the world would come to an end. :D

tjw
09-19-2009, 10:56 AM
It ain't so damn it. the world would come to an end. :D

Whoa, is it starting to get a little cool in here? Sounds like a REM song to me??? Neither Plano and PESH making the playoffs...what strange thoughts??? Would be hard to believe? Almost as bad as Jesuit making the playoffs?

Maroondog
09-19-2009, 10:57 AM

Will get my opportunity to see PESH this week so I have no clue about them yet.

As for Plano, this is an undersized team with lots of inexperience that plays hard but just can't seem to finish it. :confused::mad:

NHB06
09-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Plano vs. PESH. Not even sure what to think about this game. It's hard to judge PESH based on their stout schedule. They had a huge win against CH. Regardless, if Plano continues to play like Friday night against Temple, I seriously doubt Plano will beat PESH.

Plano West Wolf
09-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Plano vs. PESH. Not even sure what to think about this game. It's hard to judge PESH based on their stout schedule. They had a huge win against CH. Regardless, if Plano continues to play like Friday night against Temple, I seriously doubt Plano will beat PESH.

Agreed. This game will tell everyone ALOT about Plano East.

WildcatFan2
09-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Agreed. This game will tell everyone ALOT about Plano East.

and Plano

NHB06
09-19-2009, 03:11 PM
The McKinney Boyd vs. Wylie game will also be interesting. Boyd has been tearing it up lately, but their strength of schedule is suspect.

Plano West Wolf
09-19-2009, 03:41 PM
and Plano

Plano is down this year... they aren't as much of an enigma as East at the moment.

NHB06
09-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Plano vs. Wylie: This may be the battle for 6th and 7th place in the district. If Plano continues to regress each week, the Cats won't win a district game. I think Wylie wins this matchup because no matter how poorly the Pirates are playing, they always play with intensity. I sure hope Plano proves me wrong, though. Go Cats!!

Maroondog
09-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Plano will have to do 180 degree turnaround in this game to have a chance.

As I have said, their lack of competitiveness is overall the most troubling thing. And, since we are Wylies homecoming patsies this week. I expect they will come out fired up.

Question is, Can Plano rise to the challenge?

NHB06
09-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Plano will have to do 180 degree turnaround in this game to have a chance.

As I have said, their lack of competitiveness is overall the most troubling thing. And, since we are Wylies homecoming patsies this week. I expect they will come out fired up.

Question is, Can Plano rise to the challenge?

Wylie is always really scrappy. The Pirates would literally have to self destruct for the Cats to win. Plano has just looked horribly flat, undisciplined, no leadership, etc, etc. Still a chance for a turnaround though. You never know.

HebronHawk
09-28-2009, 06:34 AM
Good to see that Plano can still get up for the non-district games like Hebron. :D

I'm sure that the Cats will fire up for the Wylie game and do their best to win.

NHB06
09-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Good to see that Plano can still get up for the non-district games like Hebron. :D

I'm sure that the Cats will fire up for the Wylie game and do their best to win.

I sure hope your right. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Plano West Wolf
09-28-2009, 04:53 PM
There's going to be a track meet at Clark this Friday! and I'll be there. :D

allendad
10-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Welcome back from the DEAD y'all ! ! ! ! !

Now keep it goin' !

CONGRATS !

Plano West Wolf
10-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Welcome back from the DEAD y'all ! ! ! ! !

No keep it goin' !

CONGRATS !

Lol. No shame in getting blown out to Allen at Eagle Stadium. After all, you guys blew Plano out twice at Clark and they ended up fine. :D

NHB06
10-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Congrats to West, East and Plano on the wins tonight!!!

allendad
10-02-2009, 11:26 PM

It's a great night in Plano tonight.

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Plano West Wolf
10-02-2009, 11:29 PM

Big game next Friday!

SkyHighSkyline
10-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Plano better keep playing their "backup" quarterback (Murat Kuzu). It appears that he's the difference between the wildcats wining and losing.

Plano West Wolf
10-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Tomorrow I will start a thread on the Plano West - Plano game.

The lesser known, but just as intense (maybe even more so) rivalry in the city of Plano!

NHB06
10-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Tomorrow I will start a thread on the Plano West - Plano game.

The lesser known, but just as intense (maybe even more so) rivalry in the city of Plano!

West is obviously the favorite. But Plano isn't dead yet. Will be an interesting match up.

NHB06
10-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Good luck to the West fans this friday night. Hopefully, it will be an exciting game. Go Cats!!

Plano West Wolf
10-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Good luck to the West fans this friday night. Hopefully, it will be an exciting game. Go Cats!!

Good game, Wildcats. You gave us all you had. I liked the overall atmosphere of the game and the intensity that it was being played. This, unfortunately, will be my last visit to Plano for this football season.

West has now won 4 of our last 5 games and goes against Jesuit next week at Clark. :)

PWildCat
10-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Ok, I haven't posted in a while, but this West game made me sick. Real disappointed in Plano tonight. The "new" offense is horrid. So predictable. Absolutely no running game & just throwing the ball up in the air & hope for some luck. Who said the new "it" kid was a runner? West's defense gives up 500 yards against Boyd and yet they hold Plano to 20 points. This isn't going to last. Plano's defense left the middle of the field wide open, arm tackling. The score doesn't reflect what a beating Plano took by Plano West. With more than 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter & West just trying to take knee, they offered Plano the game & Plano refused the offer. I don't know what the stats were for Plano West but it looks like the ran the ball more than normall when it looked like they could throw at will against our defense. But the biggest disappoints, was Plano's offense. If Plano wanted to throw the ball, why didn't they put their passing QB in? Is the kid hurt? What I saw in the Hebron and Temple game, the kid can throw the ball. It's obvious they didn't have a running back on the field. What's the "new" QB doing back there? He doesn't even know how to spike the ball. A linebacker in at running back has to run up under center and spike the ball. Give the team a chance! You got to have a running and a throwing game. I say put the real QB in the game who can throw the ball and let the running backs run the ball. Somebody needs to correct the real problem which is the line and poor defensive tackling. P.S. Time is running out.

WildcatFan2
10-10-2009, 12:23 AM
You must have left the game early?

The QB didn't see the call for a spike and the other kid did it.

The "bad passing" I saw was very early in the game when the kid hadn't settled in yet. He threw some great balls hitting receivers in stride. He also had a lot of pressure. When they tried to block Jeffcoat on on one... fail.

No there wasn't a running back in the game, they went with 4 wide outs the majority of the game, that's why there was "no running game"

The defense played very well. There was one deep ball that was misplayed, there were also a LOT of good plays to break up passes. Late in the game, they were dragging a receiver across the middle and he was usually open. The defense was on the field a lot, they were worn down. BTW... they stopped West when they had a first down on the 15 - after the QB hit the receiver for a 40 yard gain on 4th down, but he couldn't hang on.

Pruneau is good, when he had time he made the play. West just has a better team this year, Plano will finish the season strong with a chance at the playoffs.

I have NO idea which game you watched. :rolleyes:

NHB06
10-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Congrats to the West fans!! Good luck with the rest of the season.

Plano still has a chance to make the playoffs. Allen is a write-off. However, McKinney Boyd and Jesuit can be beat. Need to move forward and focus on winning the last two games. Go Cats!!

armchairfan
10-10-2009, 09:12 AM
I have NO idea which game you watched

I didn’t leave early, should have... allot of old fans did the ones that have been coming for years and years!! That was as bad as I’ve ever seen a offense that Plano has put on the field in 34 years that I personally witnessed ... totally predictable horrible running game... throwing the ball with our "we tricked them" running QB. Long passes instead of moving the chain type throws, short throws he might complete easier… finally did throw some when it was too late. We did score on two "Hail Mary’s" … West caught 3 of them too, so that completion % of those wasn’t that bad I guess.
The defense missed arm tackle after arm tackle, did break up a few passes in the secondary but gave up 4 tds thought the air. Plano does not run nickel or dime pkgs (extra DBs) EVER??? West could have thrown the ball all night if they wanted too, the middle of the field was wide open all night. West beat Plano by a greater degree than the score showed, in almost every area of the game.
I have NO idea which game you watched

Maroondog
10-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Ok, I haven't posted in a while, but this West game made me sick. Real disappointed in Plano tonight. The "new" offense is horrid. So predictable. Absolutely no running game & just throwing the ball up in the air & hope for some luck. Who said the new "it" kid was a runner? West's defense gives up 500 yards against Boyd and yet they hold Plano to 20 points. This isn't going to last. Plano's defense left the middle of the field wide open, arm tackling. The score doesn't reflect what a beating Plano took by Plano West. With more than 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter & West just trying to take knee, they offered Plano the game & Plano refused the offer. I don't know what the stats were for Plano West but it looks like the ran the ball more than normall when it looked like they could throw at will against our defense. But the biggest disappoints, was Plano's offense. If Plano wanted to throw the ball, why didn't they put their passing QB in? Is the kid hurt? What I saw in the Hebron and Temple game, the kid can throw the ball. It's obvious they didn't have a running back on the field. What's the "new" QB doing back there? He doesn't even know how to spike the ball. A linebacker in at running back has to run up under center and spike the ball. Give the team a chance! You got to have a running and a throwing game. I say put the real QB in the game who can throw the ball and let the running backs run the ball. Somebody needs to correct the real problem which is the line and poor defensive tackling. P.S. Time is running out.

This is what I saw as well.

Poor fundamentals all year as well. This team is too young and not well enough coached to make mistakes and be able to come back from them.

Also, Plano had TWO opportunities to kick off from the West 45 yard line. Did any of the coaching staff ever consider a high kick about 30 yards and making a jump ball out of it? NO, just blow it into the endzone.

Poor decisions, play, and coaching all around.

Maroondog
10-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Congrats to the West fans!! Good luck with the rest of the season.

Plano still has a chance to make the playoffs. Allen is a write-off. However, McKinney Boyd and Jesuit can be beat. Need to move forward and focus on winning the last two games. Go Cats!!

I notice the comments on Planofootball.com have been closed for a while now. I guess anything negative is not to be tolerated. Or, the truth hurts too much.

Plano West Wolf
10-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Unrelated to football, but here are three proposals for the West/Central Cluster boundary changes for the 2011-2012 school year.

http://www.pisd.edu/feeder.realignment.committee/Enrollment_Models_CW.pdf

WildcatFan2
10-12-2009, 10:11 AM
There was "no running game" because Plano went with an EMPTY BACKFIELD most of the night. I don't think Merrill even played except for special teams.

Those "hail Mary's" are called a fade. One interception was on a double reverse, halfback pass, another was when the backup had to come in for the last play because Kuzu's shoe came off... the int was a non factor in the game.

These are high school kids, not the Cowboys. :rolleyes:

Brooks Downing
10-12-2009, 02:04 PM
I notice the comments on Planofootball.com have been closed for a while now. I guess anything negative is not to be tolerated. Or, the truth hurts too much.

The moderator of that site is a former Star Courier beat writer, what do you expect? He is probably being run by the PISD AD's office and has no actual voice of his own.

Brooks Downing
10-12-2009, 02:15 PM
This is what I saw as well.

Poor fundamentals all year as well. This team is too young and not well enough coached to make mistakes and be able to come back from them.

Also, Plano had TWO opportunities to kick off from the West 45 yard line. Did any of the coaching staff ever consider a high kick about 30 yards and making a jump ball out of it? NO, just blow it into the endzone.

Poor decisions, play, and coaching all around.

Before we start bashing the current coaches you have to realize that Jaydon is rebuilding the Plano Football program from the ground up. He is the guy that has incorporated fundamentals and contact back into practice. He doesn't just talk about them when the newspaper reporter is around like the last coach, Jaydon actually is working on that stuff in practice.

Yes, he had some talented players last year, and yes some traditions are still in place, but JM has had to revamp the whole program including rebuilding; the QB Club funds, pre-season workout design, practice design, parent trust, teachers trust, players attitudes ect...because, putting it nicely, behind the scenes, Brence left an unorganized, mismanaged, pile of crap for Jaydon to clean up. Give him a break, the clean-up will take more than one or two years.

Maroondog
10-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Before we start bashing the current coaches you have to realize that Jaydon is rebuilding the Plano Football program from the ground up. He is the guy that has incorporated fundamentals and contact back into practice. He doesn't just talk about them when the newspaper reporter is around like the last coach, Jaydon actually is working on that stuff in practice.

Yes, he had some talented players last year, and yes some traditions are still in place, but JM has had to revamp the whole program including rebuilding; the QB Club funds, pre-season workout design, practice design, parent trust, teachers trust, players attitudes ect...because, putting it nicely, behind the scenes, Brence left an unorganized, mismanaged, pile of crap for Jaydon to clean up. Give him a break, the clean-up will take more than one or two years.

I am aware of the situation and get what you are saying about rebuilding the program and the time it takes to get it done.

My disapointments are that while I finally do see a bit of actual hitting again, many fundamentals are still missing. I realize JM cannot coach every position either so his staff needs to do some polishing up as well as teaching heads up basic play.
I guess I am just impatient and want to see the days again when at least the consistency is there year in and year out. At a minimum, playing solid football, I don't care if we are outmanned in size, speed or whatever as long as the competitiveness is there.

armchairfan
10-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Back in the Kimbrough era, not much contact (to the ground tackles) happened in practice. The mental aspect was very strict, execution, technique and discipline were the focus. Drills, drills and more of the same drills daily, it was blocking and tackling 101 daily with zero tolerance for not executing.
That’s what JM went though in his playing days in Plano and that is also his demeanor today. I feel sure thats what is beginning to be enforced once again. That is also what built the Tradition and good teams year after year, even if they were undersized or young or whatever. He will get it done, that’s who he is from head to toe, a PLANO WILDCAT for life. He knows what it takes he’s lived it.

PWildCat
10-12-2009, 09:30 PM
There was "no running game" because Plano went with an EMPTY BACKFIELD most of the night. I don't think Merrill even played except for special teams.

Those "hail Mary's" are called a fade. One interception was on a double reverse, halfback pass, another was when the backup had to come in for the last play because Kuzu's shoe came off... the int was a non factor in the game.

These are high school kids, not the Cowboys. :rolleyes:

1. There were no running backs in the backfield because the only reason the new QB was in was because he was a "runner" so he was the single back. There wasn't even that much empty sets.
2. Those were not fades! Fades are in the back of the endzone. Pretty much jump balls. There was a seam, a post, wheel and screen. Most of those balls were also what is called a "duck". That may be too much info for you. But, hey, that's football terminology. Comes from years of experience. I called those balls as they were. Thrown up into the air & praying for the best. To the kids credit, the seam was a nice ball to #24. Other than that, not impressed. You can't rely on throwing up hail marys every play.

I agree they aren't the Cowboys, although they are playing like it at the moment.

Steve Ulmer
10-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Back in the Kimbrough era, not much contact (to the ground tackles) happened in practice. The mental aspect was very strict, execution, technique and discipline were the focus. Drills, drills and more of the same drills daily, it was blocking and tackling 101 daily with zero tolerance for not executing.
That’s what JM went though in his playing days in Plano and that is also his demeanor today. I feel sure thats what is beginning to be enforced once again. That is also what built the Tradition and good teams year after year, even if they were undersized or young or whatever. He will get it done, that’s who he is from head to toe, a PLANO WILDCAT for life. He knows what it takes he’s lived it.

I have not watched any practices since Jaydon took over. However your right on about Kimbrough's practices. He was a stickler to detail on the offense and Coach Woods was a stickler for the defense. People forget that Coach Woods was Kimbroughs DC for most of the 80's and was very instrumental in making plano the team of the decade in 5A. However I don't see the "Kimbrough" effect when it comes to x/o's strategy. Jaydon has some great qualities however his coaching style is no where near what Kimbrough brought to the table. When I played for the Cats back in the 80's he was landryesque in his demeanor.

WildcatFan2
10-13-2009, 12:05 PM
1. There were no running backs in the backfield because the only reason the new QB was in was because he was a "runner" so he was the single back. There wasn't even that much empty sets.
2. Those were not fades! Fades are in the back of the endzone. Pretty much jump balls. There was a seam, a post, wheel and screen. Most of those balls were also what is called a "duck". That may be too much info for you. But, hey, that's football terminology. Comes from years of experience. I called those balls as they were. Thrown up into the air & praying for the best. To the kids credit, the seam was a nice ball to #24. Other than that, not impressed. You can't rely on throwing up hail marys every play.

I agree they aren't the Cowboys, although they are playing like it at the moment.

The fades were fairly well thrown, the one to Holt was a little short and he nearly made a great grab. There were several deep sideline throws that were dropped over the receiver's shoulder.

It's rather hard to "have a running game" with an empty backfield. They had a few plays with #10 in the backfield, then shifting out.

One deep middle "jump ball" was a reverse. The ball to Robinson on 4th down was a very nice throw with a defender in his face. The QB didn't do a bad job. IMHO But hey, I'm not Football Jesus. :notworthy

They tried something new. West's pass defense is not that great if you can neutralize Jeffcoat.

I would love to watch the game again, we obviously saw two different games.

scotwisz
10-13-2009, 04:03 PM
You must have left the game early?

The QB didn't see the call for a spike and the other kid did it.

The "bad passing" I saw was very early in the game when the kid hadn't settled in yet. He threw some great balls hitting receivers in stride. He also had a lot of pressure. When they tried to block Jeffcoat on on one... fail.

No there wasn't a running back in the game, they went with 4 wide outs the majority of the game, that's why there was "no running game"

The defense played very well. There was one deep ball that was misplayed, there were also a LOT of good plays to break up passes. Late in the game, they were dragging a receiver across the middle and he was usually open. The defense was on the field a lot, they were worn down. BTW... they stopped West when they had a first down on the 15 - after the QB hit the receiver for a 40 yard gain on 4th down, but he couldn't hang on.

Pruneau is good, when he had time he made the play. West just has a better team this year, Plano will finish the season strong with a chance at the playoffs.

I have NO idea which game you watched. :rolleyes:

What surprised me a little was the play calling from Plano. The wind was blowing pretty good making throwing against it somewhat problematic. Plano tried several trick plays throwing into wind which did not turn out well for the Wildcats. West just better this year on both sides of the ball. Young Wildcats will benefit from this year's struggles. No shame in playing hard and losing to a better team.

Steve Ulmer
10-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Plano got absolutely embarrased by Allen They did not stop Allen one time all night. Poor tackling poor play calling, Plano oline is horrid, absolutely horrid. Did the coaching staff watch any film?

The excuses of a young team is BS. This is week 8. Embarrasing in all areas.:mad::(

armchairfan
10-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Plano got absolutely embarrased by Allen They did not stop Allen one time all night. Poor tackling poor play calling, Plano oline is horrid, absolutely horrid. Did the coaching staff watch any film?

The excuses of a young team is BS. This is week 8. Embarrasing in all areas.:mad::(

Ulmer is right this is the 8th game of the season. They still can't run, pass or block on offense and they still haven’t figured out how to defend the pass on defense, here is a CLUE... 5-6 DBs.

EMBARRASING if I were the the HC … the OC or DC would be WORRIED !!!!

WildcatFan2
10-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Allen is probably thr repeat state champ this year, what did you expect! They destroyed West, they will destroy East and Wylie. Just admit it, Allen is the best in 5A. :notworthy

Steve Ulmer
10-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Allen is probably thr repeat state champ this year, what did you expect! They destroyed West, they will destroy East and Wylie. Just admit it, Allen is the best in 5A. :notworthy

No doubt Allen is a great team however, Plano teams under Kimbrough were so much better prepared in the fundamentals and game plan that what we are seeing. Unless we have superior talent aka 07 & 08 teams we don't excel unfortunately this current coaching staff is average at best. Even with Kimbrough in his prime we probably still lose that game however the effort and execution would of been so much better.

How do you lose to MacArthur & Temple?

Maroondog
10-17-2009, 12:09 PM

Totally overmatched on the field and the sidelines. I really don't know what else to say.

Hate to be a Monday morning QB but exactly WHAT is Plano trying to accomplish? I just don't understand any of what I am seeing. :o:o:o

NHB06
10-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Hopefully, the Cats can bounce back and beat McKinney Boyd on Friday. Should be a good game with the winner possibly taking the 4th playoff spot.

tjw
10-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Hopefully, the Cats can bounce back and beat McKinney Boyd on Friday. Should be a good game with the winner possibly taking the 4th playoff spot.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed with the Plano team last night but have to admit you guys told us this here.

Now as for next weeks game Plano can win if they stop Boyds 6 plays and come up with more then the 4 or 5 I saw last night that ya'll kept running. Boyd only does 6 plays really:
1&2. Griffin run to the left with possible pass if there if not runs.
3&4. Griffin run to the right with possible pass if there if not runs.
5. RB up the middle.
6. Pass across the middle.
Griffin is very elusive so defense has to maintain him.

Good luck to you guys but will have to play better to beat them than last night. Think this does decide the playoff spots for 8-5A.

Steve Ulmer
10-17-2009, 01:52 PM

If I could I would turn down the 4th playoff spot. 4-6 should not be allowed. It's like Notre Dame turning down an invitation to the Poulan Weedeater Bowl because of their 6-5 record a few years back. Why bother.

However, they have a good chance beating Boyd & Jesuit unfortunatley. I think the Plano at Jesuit is for the 4th spot and the last game of the season. Sad, so Sad.

armchairfan
10-17-2009, 01:56 PM

They are not a playoff team !! They have talent, but they are running plays that does not showcase those talents. New concept find 10 plays that they can execute everytime with their "Young Undersized" team and run those plays. On defense you cant cover recievers and backs with LB's, yet thats what we do every week...hasnt work too well yet. They have talent they can win with but they must prepare a game plan with plays they can execute everytime to their talents, and not wholesale change week to week on who they think they are that week, its a joke !! I promise their are coaching staffs that can win with this group of kids !!

dragonsdaddy
10-17-2009, 02:10 PM
They are not a playoff team !! They have talent, but they are running plays that does not showcase those talents. New concept find 10 plays that they can execute everytime with their "Young Undersized" team and run those plays. On defense you cant cover recievers and backs with LB's, yet thats what we do every week...hasnt work too well yet. They have talent they can win with but they must prepare a game plan with plays they can execute everytime to their talents, and not wholesale change week to week on who they think they are that week, its a joke !! I promise their are coaching staffs that can win with this group of kids !!

you can thank the uil for a po spot, if one occurs. 4-6 po teams. gotta love it.

NHB06
10-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Does anyone know what happens if there is a three-way tie for the fourth playoff spot (ie. Plano defeats Boyd, Jesuit defeats Plano, Boyd defeats Jesuit)? How is it determined which team will advance?

Steve Ulmer
10-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Does anyone know what happens if there is a three-way tie for the fourth playoff spot (ie. Plano defeats Boyd, Jesuit defeats Plano, Boyd defeats Jesuit)? How is it determined which team will advance?

Does it really matter who advances between those 3 schools.:(

b756561
10-18-2009, 01:32 AM
I have to admit I was a little disappointed with the Plano team last night but have to admit you guys told us this here.

Now as for next weeks game Plano can win if they stop Boyds 6 plays and come up with more then the 4 or 5 I saw last night that ya'll kept running. Boyd only does 6 plays really:
1&2. Griffin run to the left with possible pass if there if not runs.
3&4. Griffin run to the right with possible pass if there if not runs.
5. RB up the middle.
6. Pass across the middle.
Griffin is very elusive so defense has to maintain him.

Good luck to you guys but will have to play better to beat them than last night. Think this does decide the playoff spots for 8-5A.

Griffin rarely runs to the left. Even when under heavy pressure from the right, he will break to the left get to the line of scrimmage and then cut it back to the right. I watched him run or get flushed out of the pocket 27 times against West. Three plays were "student-body left." Two other plays were where he received heavy pressure from the right and he took off to his left. Both plays he still ended up on the right side of the field. The remaining 22 plays went to the right. Watch him, if he has the option and he makes a cut on a run, it will be to his right.

You can almost forget about the other rushers. They MIGHT touch the ball 3 times each per game. No, either Griffin runs it or he throws it. REAL PREDICTABLE.

dragonsdaddy
10-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Does it really matter who advances between those 3 schools.:(
it does to allen, i bet.

PWildCat
10-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Griffin rarely runs to the left. Even when under heavy pressure from the right, he will break to the left get to the line of scrimmage and then cut it back to the right. I watched him run or get flushed out of the pocket 27 times against West. Three plays were "student-body left." Two other plays were where he received heavy pressure from the right and he took off to his left. Both plays he still ended up on the right side of the field. The remaining 22 plays went to the right. Watch him, if he has the option and he makes a cut on a run, it will be to his right.

You can almost forget about the other rushers. They MIGHT touch the ball 3 times each per game. No, either Griffin runs it or he throws it. REAL PREDICTABLE.

That sounds familiar. I think I've been seeing that the past 3 weeks from Plano. HMMMM. Is there something in the coaches' water?:eek:

PWildCat
10-18-2009, 10:12 PM

Couldn't agree more. They had the right formula at the beginning of the season on offense: a respected passing and running game. They should have been focusing on fixing the real problem: the fundamentals on the offensive line and defensive tackling. There were just a few players on defense that I could see really tackle (and I'm not talking arm tackle) on Friday night. One was #7 and the other was #17. I saw #17 at the beginning of the season but haven't seen him much since. The defense also didn't put much pressure on the Allen QB. (But, ya gotta give credit to that mammoth offensive line they had. Where can we get some of those guys?) It was nice to see the passing QB come in the game during the 3rd Quarter. It actually looked like Allen began to respect the pass and #19 was able to make some good runs. #9 also caught a pretty pass in the endzone to prevent the skunkaroo. So, some things did go well. We didn't get skunked. Somebody tell me why a linebacker was playing running back when they have #19. I also saw a fullback playing linebacker who I haven't seen play that position all year. I just can't figure these coaches out. It's like a chicken running around with it's head cut off. I have to agree with the Allen poster who said it only looked like #19 and the backup QB were playing with any heart. But, I would have to add #35, #7 and #17. And armchair, I agree, there are some coaches who can win with this group. A good program doesn't have this type of fluctuation. This season is very telling of the coaching staff. This group of boys (from Soph to Senior) have been very successful at every level of football until this year. I'm not saying it isn't some of the boys part; but a coach has to coach and teach the fundamentals and be consistent on the discipline. They just seem to try a quick fix or a tricky dicky like they did with Wylie. I don't see the fundamental discipline of coaching happening. I think some of the trust & confidence in the coaching staff has declined this season. It's unfortunate; because I thought the new HC would turn the program in a positive direction with honesty, integrity, enthusiasm and discipline. However, I've been seeing some of the same traits that were despised in the old coach coming out. That's really unfortunate for the boys and team when they lose confidence in their coach. I hope it can work itself out. Can we beat Boyd? I think we can, but not with the "wildcat" offense (predictable & ineffective) we are using now and not with the poor tackling and broken coverages I'm seeing on defense.

WildcatFan2
10-19-2009, 11:59 AM
I've been watching this team all year for that leader. One kid who has really impressed me is Muhammed Kuzu #54. He had a tough break in the Temple game, but came back the next week and played his *** off. He gives full effort on every play. Burns (#3) is another.

Bill4par
10-20-2009, 04:40 PM
If Plano wins by 14 pts or more....they are in, even on tie breakers. I would like to say I figured this out, but Matt has already done this on another site. His cred's r on the line this weekend.;)

Steve Ulmer
10-22-2009, 12:08 PM
If Plano wins by 14 pts or more....they are in, even on tie breakers. I would like to say I figured this out, but Matt has already done this on another site. His cred's r on the line this weekend.;)

Lets hope we stay home this year. I don't think Plano will win Friday and I believe will lose to Jesuit. Going 2-8 with this team is as bad as going 0-10 in 2003. The 0-10 had no talent this one does.

WildcatFan2
10-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Lets hope we stay home this year. I don't think Plano will win Friday and I believe will lose to Jesuit. Going 2-8 with this team is as bad as going 0-10 in 2003. The 0-10 had no talent this one does.

so, I take it you won't be going to any more games? :rolleyes:

NHB06
10-22-2009, 05:02 PM
I think Plano beats Boyd and makes the playoffs. If we can't beat Allen, the least we can do is send them into playoff hell- otherwise known as DII this year.

vtwinwilly
10-23-2009, 11:05 AM
I think Plano beats Boyd and makes the playoffs. If we can't beat Allen, the least we can do is send them into playoff hell- otherwise known as DII this year.
Wildcat fans,

Sorry to butt in on your thread. Just wanted to comment on how good you JV team looked last night. Plano JV looked like they were on their game... and I've never seen the Boyd JV look so bad. As bad as they were, they didn't deserve to win.

The two games I saw were:
Boyd JV Blue took on Plano JV and lost 33 - 7
Boyd JV Red took on Plano Vines and lost 27 - 14 (as I recall)

If the Boyd varsity comes out tonight flat like the JV did last night, Plano takes this game easily, and you guys are one step closer to the playoffs. If not, well... your current JV shows a lot of promise for the upcoming years.

Congrats!:notworthy

WildcatFan2
10-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Wildcat fans,

Sorry to butt in on your thread. Just wanted to comment on how good you JV team looked last night. Plano JV looked like they were on their game... and I've never seen the Boyd JV look so bad. As bad as they were, they didn't deserve to win.

If the Boyd varsity comes out tonight flat like the JV did last night, Plano takes this game easily, and you guys are one step closer to the playoffs. If not, well... your current JV shows a lot of promise for the upcoming years.

Is it true that they are playing the Plano fight song and Wildcat growl at Boyd? If so, don't you thik that will have an adverse affect on Boyd? Shouldn't they be playing the Boyd fight song?

vtwinwilly
10-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Is it true that they are playing the Plano fight song and Wildcat growl at Boyd? If so, don't you thik that will have an adverse affect on Boyd? Shouldn't they be playing the Boyd fight song?
Yes it is true, and yes I think you are correct.

They've even been blasting the the Plano fight song over the auxillary field loud speakers during football practice. My son says it's like football practice in the Twilight Zone. They just keep playing it over and over and over in a continuous loop. I guess the logic is... get em to where they never want to hear it again. To me it seems counter productive but hey... I'm not the coach.

PWildCat
10-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Wildcat fans,

Thanks! But, that's what they said last year, too. Our Freshman, Sophomore & JV have been solid every year for the past 4-5 years. City Champs, District Champs, District Runner Ups, etc. Don't know what's happening when they get to Varsity. Hope they figure it out soon.

NHB06
10-24-2009, 08:19 AM
One more district game for the Cats. Beat Jesuit!!!

PWildCat
10-24-2009, 08:33 PM
It was a good win last night. The kicker has a great leg and showed it last night. The defense played good. There were too many penalties at the end that we need to eliminate. I liked the man coverage. The boys handled it well & put a lot of pressure on the QB. The offensive line came together last night as well. It was probably one of their best games of the year. When the real QB came in, you could sense a difference in the team. For sitting on the sideline for 3 games and then being able to come in and immediately move the chains and lead the team to score 2 touchdowns says something about the kid and what his teammates think of him. It raises the question, why did they even change the offense. Some of his throws were unbelievable. It was good to see #33 back running. He is a playmaker. The running game opened up for the first time since Wylie. That had a lot to do with the passing game being effective. The offense was much more diverse and not as one-dimensional as the last few games. Still a few questionable play calls. I thought the officiating was questionable at times. If the CATS can keep up this momentum, they can beat Jesuit.

armchairfan
10-25-2009, 10:59 AM
I agree with PWildCat, the change at QB was the difference along with #33. Play calling still ???? Still predictable and not constant to what they are being giving on the field by the other team… Defense still needs the Nickel/Dime Package in obvious passing situations.
Boyd is way way over-rated, no offense really just a very athletic kid running around all over the place trying to make plays…similar to back yard football.
I think Plano beats Jesuit and makes the playoffs at 4-6, that is if they haven’t change personalities again on offense in the bye week.

tjw
10-25-2009, 11:43 AM
I agree with PWildCat, the change at QB was the difference along with #33. Play calling still ???? Still predictable and not constant to what they are being giving on the field by the other team… Defense still needs the Nickel/Dime Package in obvious passing situations.
Boyd is way way over-rated, no offense really just a very athletic kid running around all over the place trying to make plays…similar to back yard football.
I think Plano beats Jesuit and makes the playoffs at 4-6, that is if they haven’t change personalities again on offense in the bye week.

Will tell you what I passed on to Maroondog. If you guys win and make the playoffs thus sending Allen to DII, then you better standup for the district and win the first round at least.;):D

NHB06
10-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Will tell you what I passed on to Maroondog. If you guys win and make the playoffs thus sending Allen to DII, then you better standup for the district and win the first round at least.;):D

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Jesuit can easily beat Plano if we have a bad game. But, I think the Cats come out on 11/6 fired up and ready to make the playoffs.

PWildCat
10-25-2009, 05:02 PM

Agree! Jesuit is a passing team, too. I hope our secondary is ready.

hollywood
10-25-2009, 09:12 PM

:rolleyes:

Go Plano!!!!

Steve Ulmer
10-27-2009, 12:10 AM

I personally hope they do not make the playoff's. 4-6 doesn't deserve a playoff spot.

NHB06
10-27-2009, 09:08 AM
I hope Plano makes the playoffs. The kids and staff have worked hard despite the disappointing results. Their goal at the start of the season was to make the playoffs. I'd like to see this group of kids achieve what they set out to accomplish.

Maroondog
10-27-2009, 09:40 AM
I personally hope they do not make the playoff's. 4-6 doesn't deserve a playoff spot.

I agree with you somewhat. At 4-6, they are certainly not among the elite, but that is what you get with 4 teams from every district getting in.

On the plus side, anything can happen (although I seriously doubt it), BUT, any success that gets the young guys some experience I have to be in favor of. Just my $.02.

WildcatFan2
10-27-2009, 12:01 PM
I agree with you somewhat. At 4-6, they are certainly not among the elite, but that is what you get with 4 teams from every district getting in.

On the plus side, anything can happen (although I seriously doubt it), BUT, any success that gets the young guys some experience I have to be in favor of. Just my $.02.

Agreed. How much do they work on in non district? There are a lot of guys who started or played a lot against IMac that aren't now. IMac was a win that was basically given away... dropped passes in the EZ, missed field goals, 2 big plays in the 1st Qtr and nothing else from IMac... Same with Temple... had the game and there were some costly mistakes. Again... non district.

Playoffs are based on district play. If they beat Jesuit, they DESERVE to be there and I'll be there cheering them on the same as if they had gone undefeated.

Maroondog
10-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Agreed. How much do they work on in non district? There are a lot of guys who started or played a lot against IMac that aren't now. IMac was a win that was basically given away... dropped passes in the EZ, missed field goals, 2 big plays in the 1st Qtr and nothing else from IMac... Same with Temple... had the game and there were some costly mistakes. Again... non district.

Playoffs are based on district play. If they beat Jesuit, they DESERVE to be there and I'll be there cheering them on the same as if they had gone undefeated.

No doubt they should have won at least a couple more games. Problem is coulda, woulda, shoulda won't get you very far.
I have been critical all year basically because of being non-competitive in too many situations. Now, I'd like to see this team step up with a playoff spot in their own hands and get it done against an opponent that they can compete against.

Then, no matter what happens, start seeing some yearly consistent good play and coaching and at least get the program back on an even keel. I just cannot see any excuse for not being a solid team each and every year. Its been a long enough wait.

NHB06
10-27-2009, 01:58 PM
If you are planning on going to the Jesuit game next week at Haggar Stadium, you'll want to get there VERY EARLY. The stadium is similar to Allen's (porta-potties and all), except it does not have the added seating in the endzones and along side the permanent bleachers that Allen has.

Parking is extremely limited. You have to have a parking pass to park at the stadium/school. In addition, I've heard that some of the local business around the school will tow if you park in their lots. Best bet is to park at the church (St. Rita's) slightly north of Jesuit on Inwood. The church has ample parking and is rather empty on Friday night.

I have a feeling we will run into a situation similar to the Hebron game in 2008 where Plano fans who show up at game time get locked out of the stadium because there is not enough seating. PM me if you need more info.

Maroondog
10-27-2009, 03:26 PM
If you are planning on going to the Jesuit game next week at Haggar Stadium, you'll want to get there VERY EARLY. The stadium is similar to Allen's (porta-potties and all), except it does not have the added seating in the endzones and along side the permanent bleachers that Allen has.

Parking is extremely limited. You have to have a parking pass to park at the stadium/school. In addition, I've heard that some of the local business around the school will tow if you park in their lots. Best bet is to park at the church (St. Rita's) slightly north of Jesuit on Inwood. The church has ample parking and is rather empty on Friday night.

I have a feeling we will run into a situation similar to the Hebron game in 2008 where Plano fans who show up at game time get locked out of the stadium because there is not enough seating. PM me if you need more info.

I still can't believe this game was scheduled for a 2-A stadium.

NHB06
10-27-2009, 04:16 PM

Yea. It's really bad. Despite what I had heard from other people, I just couldn't believe it would be worse than Allen's stadium. After I had to go to Jesuit a couple of weeks ago, I was definately wrong- Jesuit's stadium is worse than Allen's.

Steve Ulmer
10-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Yea. It's really bad. Despite what I had heard from other people, I just couldn't believe it would be worse than Allen's stadium. After I had to go to Jesuit a couple of weeks ago, I was definately wrong- Jesuit's stadium is worse than Allen's.

Plano played their in 84 and it was exactly the same. They haven't even changed out the wood bleachers. Plano's fan base was much larger back then so you can image.

You guys can have my seat. I stopped going after East.

Maroondog
10-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Plano played their in 84 and it was exactly the same. They haven't even changed out the wood bleachers. Plano's fan base was much larger back then so you can image.

You guys can have my seat. I stopped going after East.

I talked to a lot of folks at the Boyd game who said they wouldn't go to Jesuit because of no seating, parking, etc. Given that, who know how many will or won't show up.

Even though I have been harsh on this team all year, I have to hope they make the playoffs. I know this team has no business being there, but for selfish reasons, I want to see them get whatever experience they can out of it, only for the long term expectation that the program will turn around.

Wypirates03
10-29-2009, 10:32 AM
I talked to a lot of folks at the Boyd game who said they wouldn't go to Jesuit because of no seating, parking, etc. Given that, who know how many will or won't show up.

Even though I have been harsh on this team all year, I have to hope they make the playoffs. I know this team has no business being there, but for selfish reasons, I want to see them get whatever experience they can out of it, only for the long term expectation that the program will turn around.

That's a load of crap. Jesuit's seating is not all that bad. Neither is their parking. You just can't expect to get there 15 minutes before kickoff and expect to not have to walk. I got to the Wylie/Jesuit game an hour early and had no issues with parking, and by time the game started - Wylie's side was about 3/4ths full.

NHB06
10-29-2009, 10:40 AM
That's a load of crap. Jesuit's seating is not all that bad. Neither is their parking. You just can't expect to get there 15 minutes before kickoff and expect to not have to walk. I got to the Wylie/Jesuit game an hour early and had no issues with parking, and by time the game started - Wylie's side was about 3/4ths full.

Well, hopefully there will be a large crowd there. Parking/seating issues aside- this is a HUGE game for the Wildcats.

vtwinwilly
10-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Well, hopefully there will be a large crowd there. Parking/seating issues aside- this is a HUGE game for the Wildcats.
I was there last year for the Boyd game and will be there tonight for the JV game. My recomendation is to get there early, park at St Ritas and don't forget your portable stadium seat if you own one. Those old wooden bleachers are full of splinters and if it rains, they'll be soaked like an old sponge.

Seriously, no one here is kidding when they call it a 2A stadium. In fact, I think I've seen better 2A stadiums. For those of you who visited Boyd for the JV game last week... well Jesuit's visitor side is not much bigger than the Boyd auxilary field seating, but Boyds facility is much newer and in much nicer condition.

Jesuit is nice enough to bring in those toliet trailers (like you see at golf tournaments). So at least that is one step above a porta-potty.

On the positive side, the Jesuit folks do their best to be a good host. Everyone I encountered was extremely friendly and helpful the last time I was there.

Maroondog
10-29-2009, 11:31 AM

I'm sure you have your standards but its still a 5-A game being held in a 2-A stadium.

Steve Ulmer
10-29-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm sure you have your standards but its still a 5-A game being held in a 2-A stadium.

Is it quality 5A football being played? I think the facility matches the performance. Sad but True.

Maroondog
10-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Is it quality 5A football being played? I think the facility matches the performance. Sad but True.

Well thats true, but it is supposed to be 5-A in a 5-A venue. I guess I'll go over there and get a splinter in my arse win or lose. That is, if I get there early enough. :mad:

NHB06
10-29-2009, 04:47 PM

Possibly. But, I'll still be there cheering the Wildcats on hoping for a win.

vtwinwilly
10-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Well thats true, but it is supposed to be 5-A in a 5-A venue. I guess I'll go over there and get a splinter in my arse win or lose. That is, if I get there early enough. :mad:
Was at Haggar Stadium tonight and... Good news... the benches are aluminum. No wood splinters unless you go bare footed. The floor is still old wood and you can feel it flex under you feet.

Bad news is, the lighting is pretty poor. I don't remember the lighting being so bad last year, but it appeared they had some bulbs burned out. Maybe they'll get that fixed before next Friday.

As always, the Jesuit folks were very welcoming.

Wypirates03
10-29-2009, 11:39 PM
I hope they fixed the floor board that the lady fell through at the Wylie/Jesuit game.

NHB06
10-30-2009, 07:40 AM
I hope they fixed the floor board that the lady fell through at the Wylie/Jesuit game.

WTF?? Are you serious?? I did see a man take a bad fall at Allen stadium a few weeks ago. He was in a hurry to get out, stepped on a loose floor board, lost his balance, fell, and hit his head on one of the metal bleachers- really scary there for a moment.

Wypirates03
10-30-2009, 10:37 AM
WTF?? Are you serious?? I did see a man take a bad fall at Allen stadium a few weeks ago. He was in a hurry to get out, stepped on a loose floor board, lost his balance, fell, and hit his head on one of the metal bleachers- really scary there for a moment.

Yeah. It's was on the... let me get my directions down... south end of the visitor stands. It was at the very bottom, but when you have 40 year old WOODEN stands, you know that rotting is eventually going to take place.

hollywood
10-30-2009, 02:36 PM
In general I usually enjoy watching games at Jesuits stadium. The parking is not ideal, but good enough. Getting there a bit early is not a bad idea. It does have an older feel to it which is not a bad contrast from the uber stadiums once in a while. The winds can be a factor. I 2006 when SGP played them late in the season, I remember Jesuit kicking off and the ball literally halting in mid air and perhaps even reversing direction back towards the kicking team. It did go ten yards but not by much!!

NHB06
11-01-2009, 11:23 AM
If you are going to the Plano/Jesuit game, check out this link for directions:

http://planowildcatqbclub.com/docs/jesuitmap.pdf

FYI The entire stadium holds 4,000 fans. In the visitor's section, there are 1,000 seats (for fans, band, and drill team). There are approximately 50 parking spaces for the entire stadium.

Consider parking at St. Rita's (slightly north of Jesuit on Inwood). Most importantly, GET THERE EARLY!!

The Lone Ranger
11-02-2009, 07:08 AM

The game was scheduled for a 5A stadium. Regardless of what your standards of a 5A stadium are, the fact is that Jesuit is a 5A school. If we had your tax base and ability to sell bonds, you can bet we'd have a shiny new stadium. However, as a private school whose first commitment is to academics, building a stadium to your "5A" specifications takes a back burner to things like building enough classroom space for the school and installing new technology in every classroom.

All this is accurate except for the ending. I've never seen people turned away from a Jesuit home game, even when the crowds approach double the capacity as the did when Jesuit and Lynch played at home sites. Plano was fine back in the 1980s and they should be fine on Friday.

FYI The entire stadium holds 4,000 fans. In the visitor's section, there are 1,000 seats (for fans, band, and drill team). There are approximately 50 parking spaces for the entire stadium.

Consider parking at St. Rita's (slightly north of Jesuit on Inwood). Most importantly, GET THERE EARLY!!
This is inaccurate--the home side and visitor's side have the same capacity of around 2,000, and then there is standing room around both sets of bleachers.

Maroondog
11-02-2009, 08:46 AM
The game was scheduled for a 5A stadium. Regardless of what your standards of a 5A stadium are, the fact is that Jesuit is a 5A school. If we had your tax base and ability to sell bonds, you can bet we'd have a shiny new stadium. However, as a private school whose first commitment is to academics, building a stadium to your "5A" specifications takes a back burner to things like building enough classroom space for the school and installing new technology in every classroom.

All this is accurate except for the ending. I've never seen people turned away from a Jesuit home game, even when the crowds approach double the capacity as the did when Jesuit and Lynch played at home sites. Plano was fine back in the 1980s and they should be fine on Friday.

This is inaccurate--the home side and visitor's side have the same capacity of around 2,000, and then there is standing room around both sets of bleachers.

You can rationalize it all you want, but a 5-A venue has at least a seating capacity of 9000 and adequate parking.
If it is all as great as you say, then why did you feel the need to "host" Allen at SMU? It all would have been a lot cozier at your place.

NHB06
11-02-2009, 09:53 AM

So, if we get there and there is no seating on the visitor side, can we sit on the home side?? :D

Wypirates03
11-02-2009, 10:07 AM
So, if we get there and there is no seating on the visitor side, can we sit on the home side?? :D

Jesuit's fans sit tailgate before the game, and finally start entering the stadium 15 minutes into the game. So, if you really wanted too... you could get in on the home side. :)

Steve Ulmer
11-02-2009, 12:11 PM

Of course they were when Jesuit releases only 1500 seats and Plano buys them all then of course Plano was fine in the stadium. You failed to mention the fact that an additonal 4,000 folks would of liked to attend but couldn't. I was at that game in 84 and Jesuit couldn't even fill their home side from my memory.

Maroondog
11-02-2009, 01:07 PM
This is inaccurate--the home side and visitor's side have the same capacity of around 2,000, and then there is standing room around both sets of bleachers.[/QUOTE]

This is where the Party Pass spectators are.

NHB06
11-02-2009, 01:11 PM

Tickets for the game go on sale Tuesday from 4:30p-6:30p at Clark Stadium. However, I'm sure if you have a ticket there is no guarantee you will have a seat. So get there early or you will have to stand out in the parking lot with the Jesuit underclassman.

Maroondog
11-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Tickets for the game go on sale Tuesday from 4:30p-6:30p at Clark Stadium. However, I'm sure if you have a ticket there is no guarantee you will have a seat. So get there early or you will have to stand out in the parking lot with the Jesuit underclassman.

Whats up with that anyway? If there is drinking and wild women, it might be worthwhile. :eek::D;)

NHB06
11-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Whats up with that anyway? If there is drinking and wild women, it might be worthwhile. :eek::D;)

That would be sacrificial wine (jesus juice) and a bunch of nuns. :D

Maroondog
11-02-2009, 01:23 PM
That would be sacrificial wine (jesus juice) and a bunch of nuns. :D

Yikes!!!!! I forgot about that.

The Lone Ranger
11-02-2009, 05:03 PM

Just to clarify, the parking lot where the underclassmen stand is actually inside the stadium. It's on the west side of the north end zone, roughly from the 15 yard line to about 20 yards behind the end zone.

NHB06
11-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Just to clarify, the parking lot where the underclassmen stand is actually inside the stadium. It's on the west side of the north end zone, roughly from the 15 yard line to about 20 yards behind the end zone.

Thanks for the clarification. However, the possibility of having to stand the entire game in a parking lot doesn't sound too appealing. I'd rather sit on the home side and heckle the Jesuit fans. :D

QQQ
11-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the clarification. However, the possibility of having to stand the entire game in a parking lot doesn't sound too appealing. I'd rather sit on the home side and heckle the Jesuit fans. :D

Heckling may cause you to get slapped with a nuns' ruler. Be careful....that ruler really stings.

NHB06
11-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Heckling may cause you to get slapped with a nuns' ruler. Be careful....that ruler really stings.

:laugh

Brooks Downing
11-06-2009, 07:05 PM

Maybe the OC is a Brence boy

Steve Ulmer
11-06-2009, 10:17 PM
It looks like 4-6 Plano will make the playoffs. I still say they need to decline the invitation.

I feel bad for the 89 team that went 8-1-1 and no playoffs because the lost the tie breaker on pentetrations and the 85 team that went 8-2 and lost a coin flip to miss the playoffs.

Something just isn't right. Get in and take one game at a time I guess.

Bill4par
11-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Ulmer, my new friend.....congrats to Plano. It's weird has things happen like that. Although not a steller record, the kids performed when they had to, and in the end, thats what you want. Good luck next week.

NHB06
11-07-2009, 08:54 AM
I was in high school in 1989 when Plano didn't go to the playoffs with an 8-1-1 record. I can still remember leaving Eagle-Mustang stadium after tying JJ Pearce and finding out later that there would be no playoffs because the Mustangs advanced on penetrations. Very disappointing.

However, I am very excited that the Wildcats made the playoffs this year. I agree that the system is watered down. I also disagree with having a two division playoff system and Allen being in DII. But, it is what it is, and you take what you can get. I'm glad these kids get to experience the excitment of going to the playoffs and not be on the outside looking in. Plano can beat Duncanville. It will be close, but it can be done. GO CATS!!

Maroondog
11-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Congrats to the Wildcats. Maybe Plano can make a little noise, but they are going to have to strap on the pads tighter and stop making mistakes and PENALTIES.

They are not good enough to overcome this type of play from here on.

At least for last night, it looks like tradition overcame ambition.

NHB06
11-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Congrats to the Wildcats. Maybe Plano can make a little noise, but they are going to have to strap on the pads tighter and stop making mistakes and PENALTIES.

They are not good enough to overcome this type of play from here on.

At least for last night, it looks like tradition overcame ambition.

The fans were great last night. Lots of yelling, screaming, and excitment. Loved the band/drill team performance at half time. Very engaging and way to get the fans up and on their feet!! :notworthy

NHB06
11-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Plano vs. Duncanville is on Friday 11/13 7:30pm at Irving Schools Stadium

Steve Ulmer
11-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Plano vs. Duncanville is on Friday 11/13 7:30pm at Irving Schools Stadium

Great. I would of flipped for home & home.

NHB06
11-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Great. I would of flipped for home & home.

A win over Duncanville would result in a possible match up with Euless Trinity at Cowboys Stadium. One game at a time though.

Wypirates03
11-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Congratulations to you guys for making the playoffs.

NHB06
11-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Congratulations to you guys for making the playoffs.

Thanks. I sure hope Wylie stays in 8-5A after the next realignment. Wylie has a great program, fan support and AMHO spirit. Can always guarantee an exciting game when Plano plays Wylie. Really hope to continue the rivalry.

Steve Ulmer
11-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Ulmer, my new friend.....congrats to Plano. It's weird has things happen like that. Although not a steller record, the kids performed when they had to, and in the end, thats what you want. Good luck next week.

We're in, not exactly how I envisioned. I thought we would be 6-4 or 7-3.
Thanks

Wypirates03
11-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks. I sure hope Wylie stays in 8-5A after the next realignment. Wylie has a great program, fan support and AMHO spirit. Can always guarantee an exciting game when Plano plays Wylie. Really hope to continue the rivalry.

I think Wylie will be in 8-5A again next year. They'll probably be the 2nd smallest school in 5A competing with the largest schools in 5A, but that brings on the fun. I'd rather be in one of the most competitive districts than get thrown back in with HP and endure another 12 consecutive losses.

Wylie implemented the Wildcat against Plano West, and it seems to be working very well. I hope they perfect it for next season!

armchairfan
11-07-2009, 05:52 PM
We're in, not exactly how I envisioned. I thought we would be 6-4 or 7-3.
Thanks

Plano is only 4 points from being 6-4, so its not crazy they are the 4th place team when you think of it that way. Im not saying anything other than Im not totally surprised they made it in as the 4th. They have stepped it up the last 2 games and are on a roll if you will going in to the playoffs. I think no more than 2 rounds at best though, maybe!

NHB06
11-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Plano is only 4 points from being 6-4, so its not crazy they are the 4th place team when you think of it that way. Im not saying anything other than Im not totally surprised they made it in as the 4th. They have stepped it up the last 2 games and are on a roll if you will going in to the playoffs. I think no more than 2 rounds at best though, maybe!

I sure hope our offense can shift into high gear for the playoffs. The first half against Jesuit was probably the best I've seen the offense play all year. Defense seems to be improving a little each week, too. Go Cats!! Beat Duncanville!!

Maroondog
11-08-2009, 04:40 PM
I sure hope our offense can shift into high gear for the playoffs. The first half against Jesuit was probably the best I've seen the offense play all year. Defense seems to be improving a little each week, too. Go Cats!! Beat Duncanville!!

No second half points against Boyd or Jesuit has to be a huge concern. Gotta play 4 quarters.

PWildCat
11-08-2009, 07:25 PM
No second half points against Boyd or Jesuit has to be a huge concern. Gotta play 4 quarters.

Maroondog, during Boyd, we only had the ball one time in the 3rd Quarter and we scored. Boyd controlled the ball the remainder of the 3rd Quarter. During the 4th Quarter, we drove down & scored 3 points (besides killing the clock). Not to say we shouldn't have scored again in the 4th.

As for Jesuit, I didn't get to see it in person, but heard the radio broadcast. It sounded like the 2nd half was riddled with penalty after penalty. Like Personal fouls on long runs after the plays over with. Quite a few holding calls. Since I wasn't there, I don't know how legit the calls were; but it sounded like those penalties stopped steady drives. When I checked the penalty stats, Plano had significantly more penalties than Jesuit. They've got to get that under control if they are going to get past the 1st round. It sounded like the defense had a great night & the offense had its best outing.

I agree, we've got to learn to finish the game. Hopefully, these last two games will give them some momentum to beat Duncanville. It won't be easy; but they are coming together.

NHB06
11-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Maroondog, during Boyd, we only had the ball one time in the 3rd Quarter and we scored. Boyd controlled the ball the remainder of the 3rd Quarter. During the 4th Quarter, we drove down & scored 3 points (besides killing the clock). Not to say we shouldn't have scored again in the 4th.

As for Jesuit, I didn't get to see it in person, but heard the radio broadcast. It sounded like the 2nd half was riddled with penalty after penalty. Like Personal fouls on long runs after the plays over with. Quite a few holding calls. Since I wasn't there, I don't know how legit the calls were; but it sounded like those penalties stopped steady drives. When I checked the penalty stats, Plano had significantly more penalties than Jesuit. They've got to get that under control if they are going to get past the 1st round. It sounded like the defense had a great night & the offense had its best outing.

I agree, we've got to learn to finish the game. Hopefully, these last two games will give them some momentum to beat Duncanville. It won't be easy; but they are coming together.

LOL. That's an understatement. Holding, PI, PF- was to the point that it was almost predictable.

Steve Ulmer
11-08-2009, 10:53 PM
LOL. That's an understatement. Holding, PI, PF- was to the point that it was almost predictable.

They can't do that against good teams. They can probablly get away with it against Duncanville, however Trinity will run them out of Jerry World.

NHB06
11-09-2009, 12:09 AM
They can't do that against good teams. They can probablly get away with it against Duncanville, however Trinity will run them out of Jerry World.

Agreed. Hopefully, the Cats will get things under control against Duncanville. I don't even want to think about playing Trininty yet. :eek:

NHB06
11-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Vote Plano/Duncanville as Fox 4 Sports game of the week at:

NHB06
11-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Good luck to Duncanville on Friday!! Go Cats!!

WildcatFan2
11-12-2009, 11:30 PM

and from the same ref on Jesuit's sideline. I swear the guy had to ice his arm after the game.

D'ville will have a lot more speed.

Steve Ulmer
11-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Nice 2nd half for Plano against Duncanville 28-17 win. First quarter was a nightmare 4 turnovers and down 17-0 with 5 turnovers in the first half.

Plano's play calling was TERRIBLE. Trying to get two cute with the play calls almost cost Plano tonight. What is JAYDON doing going 5 wide? Jared K is healthy and its amazing what happens when you feed him the ball. Big runs in the second half.

However, Duncanville's offense was horrible, very slow and the QB #17 couldn't throw and the running game was anemic. Give credit for the Plano pass rush and run defense though. Got 4 INT's as well.

If Plano want's any chance to beat trinity they must think run first then pass and not turn the ball over at all.

Nice comeback, congrats Plano with a good win you guys are growing up. :notworthy

WildcatFan2
11-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Nice 2nd half for Plano against Duncanville 28-17 win. First quarter was a nightmare 4 turnovers and down 17-0 with 5 turnovers in the first half.

Plano's play calling was TERRIBLE. Trying to get two cute with the play calls almost cost Plano tonight. What is JAYDON doing going 5 wide? Jared K is healthy and its amazing what happens when you feed him the ball. Big runs in the second half.

However, Duncanville's offense was horrible, very slow and the QB #17 couldn't throw and the running game was anemic. Give credit for the Plano pass rush and run defense though. Got 4 INT's as well.

If Plano want's any chance to beat trinity they must think run first then pass and not turn the ball over at all.

Nice comeback, congrats Plano with a good win you guys are growing up. :notworthy

Totally agree. Why run a reverse on 3rd and 2 with 4 minutes left? Run Special K up the gut and he gets 5 yards. They also need to figure out how to disguise that WR screen. EVERYONE knows it's coming.

Also liked the double reverse, throw back, pass... er... fumble. What the heck play call was that?!?!?! You've turned the ball over 3 times... go back to basics.

The kids showed a LOT of character to keep fighting and get the win - nice job!

SkyHighSkyline
11-14-2009, 12:06 AM
Plano hangs around for one more week. Oh well, the Wildcats season will be over next week. Their 2010 season should be much more promising than 2009.

Steve Ulmer
11-14-2009, 12:10 AM
Plano hangs around for one more week. Oh well, the Wildcats season will be over next week. Their 2010 season should be much more promising than 2009.

Its not over till its over. I agree though 2010 looks much more promising than 2009. Heck we might even stay within 20 of Allen.:D

NHB06
11-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Good game Duncanville and congrats to the Wildcats. Way to hang in there and not give up!! Go Cats!!

Maroondog
11-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Wildcats showed me some grit last night. Would have been easy to fold the tent but they stayed with it and got it done.

1st half an absolute nightmare, 2nd half turned in the Cats favor. Duncanville not elite either, but it was a playoff game and actually meant something. Plano defense looking good, agree about play calling?

Congratulations all around. It just gets tougher from now on.

NHB06
11-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Wildcats showed me some grit last night. Would have been easy to fold the tent but they stayed with it and got it done.

1st half an absolute nightmare, 2nd half turned in the Cats favor. Duncanville not elite either, but it was a playoff game and actually meant something. Plano defense looking good, agree about play calling?

Congratulations all around. It just gets tougher from now on.
I agree about the play calling. Need to keep it simple and stick to the basics. This offense can't handle complicated plays.

Brooks Downing
11-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Totally agree. Why run a reverse on 3rd and 2 with 4 minutes left? Run Special K up the gut and he gets 5 yards. They also need to figure out how to disguise that WR screen. EVERYONE knows it's coming.

Also liked the double reverse, throw back, pass... er... fumble. What the heck play call was that?!?!?! You've turned the ball over 3 times... go back to basics.

The kids showed a LOT of character to keep fighting and get the win - nice job!

Disagree, I just Posted a new thread about Plano's OC Linn Dickey...he won the game

tjw
11-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Great win last night by Plano, now play the next game without the first half turn overs so ya'll can have a chance to win. ;):D

NHB06
11-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Great win last night by Plano, now play the next game without the first half turn overs so ya'll can have a chance to win. ;):D

You mean be consistent and play all 4 quarters. Hmmm. We haven't tried that yet. Good idea. LOL. :D

NHB06
11-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Anyone know if Plano is home or visitor against Trinity? And what side of the stadium do you enter?

trojanbacker
11-17-2009, 05:30 PM
I heard that Trinity is home. You enter through the giant doors at either end zone. Then you can go either right or left to the appropriate side.

NHB06
11-18-2009, 08:19 AM
I heard that Trinity is home. You enter through the giant doors at either end zone. Then you can go either right or left to the appropriate side.

Thanks. Good luck to the Trininty fans on Saturday.

trojanbacker
11-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks and good luck to you, as well. Be sure to bring a snow shovel in order to dig your way through the trash left behind by the fans during the previous two games.....

NHB06
11-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Thanks and good luck to you, as well. Be sure to bring a snow shovel in order to dig your way through the trash left behind by the fans during the previous two games.....
LOL. I'm going early for the PESH game and staying thru the Allen/SLC game. Should be an exciting day!

allendad
11-18-2009, 12:21 PM
GO WILDCATS ! ! ! !

Best of luck to y'all.

Real and fake reverses ALL night.

Watch Mr. Brown, he faster than snot ! ! ! !

A victory Saturday would be Sooooo sweet.:eek:

Keep the neon lady busy all night !

trojanbacker
11-18-2009, 12:30 PM
GO WILDCATS ! ! ! !

Best of luck to y'all.

Real and fake reverses ALL night.

Watch Mr. Brown, he faster than snot ! ! ! !

A victory Saturday would be Sooooo sweet.:eek:

Keep the neon lady busy all night !

Real and fake reverses all night. Very true! And, don't forget the pass on the reverse, as well. We're 3 - 3 on that one.

Mr. Brown is indeed fast. Toss up who is faster though: Brown, Carter or Hubbard.

Maroondog
11-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Real and fake reverses all night. Very true! And, don't forget the pass on the reverse, as well. We're 3 - 3 on that one.

Mr. Brown is indeed fast. Toss up who is faster though: Brown, Carter or Hubbard.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. We are small and slow, but otherwise match up very well. :(

trojanbacker
11-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Not falling for that one. We are also small and slow and easily distracted.

PWildCat
11-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Not falling for that one. We are also small and slow and easily distracted.

No, it isn't a joke. But they do try very hard.