PDA

View Full Version : ** RR Stony Point Tigers (official thread) **

Point Made...
08-25-2009, 02:21 PM
All POWERHOUSE teams have one...here's ours.

This official thread is for ALL TIGER FANS who want to share their (clean & respectful) comments, opinions, thoughts, remarks...and yes, smack about the team, the opponents, strategies, games and anything BLUE and GOLD!

Point Made...
08-25-2009, 02:38 PM
FINALLY! gonna to get some football adrenaline running through my veins again...

Any thoughts/comments about Friday's game?

Did you know that Alamo Heights stadium was built in 1939?...now that's OLD.

CCParent
08-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Was this thread the "Official: Stony Point thread or was the thread yesterday the "Official" Stony Point thread?:confused::confused::confused:

Point Made...
08-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Was this thread the "Official: Stony Point thread or was the thread yesterday the "Official" Stony Point thread?:confused::confused::confused:

The original thread was ALL CAPS! didn't care for the "pee wee" lower case lettering that resulted...tried to get administrator to change it...but no response...so THIS is it.

Point Made...
08-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Predicting us to go undefeated in regular season.

THAT'S what we're playing for...

IMHippster
08-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Is this the last year SP will have 3K students before Cedar Ridge opens in 2010, and thus the last shot at a 5A title? Maybe the 3rd playoff team will be the charmed one?

wolfpack4life
08-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Should be ranked at least 1 or 2..

IMHippster
08-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Should be ranked at least 1 or 2..
Not ranked in AP poll, which is only a top 10 poll.

Point Made...
08-26-2009, 07:47 PM
yeah, AP missed that by a mile.

From now on they'll be known as the "Absent-minded Poll"...

STPFootball2011
08-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Is this the last year SP will have 3K students before Cedar Ridge opens in 2010, and thus the last shot at a 5A title? Maybe the 3rd playoff team will be the charmed one?
Cedar Ridge will open next year which will affect the freshman this year and the current 8th graders. i dont know about any more title shots but we probably wont be affected until after the 2010 season.

SP Tiger Backer
08-26-2009, 10:22 PM

I didn't know you had to have at least 3K students to have a shot at the title. You just need talent and good coaching. SP has both.

Point Made...
08-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Less than 24 hours until kickoff...AND IT'S STILL AN ETERNITY AWAY!

Good Luck Tigers...make us proud.

country club
08-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Wow, Made has Westwood scoring the most points and McNeil holding your Offense down. Aren't they the district "cellar dwellers" ? :confused:

Point Made...
08-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Wow, Made has Westwood scoring the most points and McNeil holding your Offense down. Aren't they the district "cellar dwellers" ? :confused:

Dude, anything is possible on any given night...Not sure where you're from, but this is 16-5A...where you better bring your "A" game every Friday night.

Point Made...
08-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Let's keep this thread going this season!

I want to see our thread at the top of the list every week...and for that to happen, we need to keep it very active...

So...let's come back after the game tonight...and show everyone else the support we have for this thread....and our team.

Point Made...
08-29-2009, 12:20 AM
Just got back from the game...

Attempting to make comments but the site is acting up.

I'll try again in the morning.

SPTiger09
08-29-2009, 01:34 AM
We're the only non-casualty from 16-5A in zero week. Gotta keep the momentum going all season.

Remember the Waco.
Remember the Allen.
Do work.

IMHippster
08-29-2009, 01:55 AM
One 4A team down, two more to go, then you get a weakened 16-5A. 3 straight district titles, with the best defense in Centex.

DawgDave
08-29-2009, 07:45 AM
Good to see you guys make short work of the Alamo Heights Mules last night.
Looks like you have another powerhouse.
We'll soften Waco up for you guys this coming Friday.

SPTiger09
08-29-2009, 02:06 PM

With the way SP played last year, I don't think Waco knows whats coming. They didnt see the team that went 5 rounds deep, but they will, believe me.

IMHippster
08-29-2009, 02:48 PM
You guys should pound Connally back into class 4A, which I heard they will be returning to next year. Hold onto the ball and limit the penalties.

SP Tiger Backer
08-29-2009, 03:08 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
A copy and paste from my post on the 16-5A thread:

Stony Point 29
Alamo Heights 0

This score was pretty much expected playing AH. SP seemed to move the ball at will against their D but mistakes kept the score from being even more lopsided. Turnovers, penalties and a dropped pass in the endzone prevented more scoring. Need to work on the point after TD, missed one just like in the scrimmage. That can cost a game later on.

The D only allowed AH to get in field goal range once and their 48 yard attempt hit the upright. Overall looked pretty good.

The intersting thing was the QB rotation by SP. Not by half, quarter, or series but every play. It worked this game but not sure if that should or will continue very long. I would like to hear other opinions. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

So what is up with the QB rotation? Is coach trying to decide on a designated starter or will this be the norm for this year?

IMHippster
08-29-2009, 03:25 PM

Stony Point 29
Alamo Heights 0

This score was pretty much expected playing AH. SP seemed to move the ball at will against their D but mistakes kept the score from being even more lopsided. Turnovers, penalties and a dropped pass in the endzone prevented more scoring. Need to work on the point after TD, missed one just like in the scrimmage. That can cost a game later on.

The D only allowed AH to get in field goal range once and their 48 yard attempt hit the upright. Overall looked pretty good.

The intersting thing was the QB rotation by SP. Not by half, quarter, or series but every play. It worked this game but not sure if that should or will continue very long. I would like to hear other opinions. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

So what is up with the QB rotation? Is coach trying to decide on a designated starter or will this be the norm for this year?
That might come back to bite you vs a good playoff team?

CCParent
08-29-2009, 05:04 PM
You guys should pound Connally back into class 4A, which I heard they will be returning to next year. Hold onto the ball and limit the penalties.
You fool nobody, r2d2, jor-l,fubar or imaduma**, same ridiculous posts no matter who's writing them, when you open your mouth the same sh-- comes out. Go crawl back under your rock.

STPFootball2011
08-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Waco will be an interesting game considering last year and that they lost to Belton who traditionally is not that great on Thursday. good thing we're at home for that one and wont have a hurricane throwing the game out of whack

bowiedawgs01
08-30-2009, 03:20 PM
You fool nobody, r2d2, jor-l,fubar or imaduma**, same ridiculous posts no matter who's writing them, when you open your mouth the same sh-- comes out. Go crawl back under your rock.

Agreed.

You should just name yourself "Wing T waggle."

Point Made...
08-31-2009, 11:47 AM

Stony Point 29
Alamo Heights 0

Totally agree with those points...

Also,

1. Aaryn needs to protect the ball ALOT more...he's carrying it way out in front when rushing.

2. Aaryn is a bull when it comes to rushing defenders, but he'll cause havoc on his body if he continues to take on defensive lines the way he does....plus, other defenses down the road will start to key on the fact that he does that alot and may dish out more punishment.

3. special teams needs to get "cobwebs" out...kickoff and punt returns need to be more aggressive in going after the ball...

As for the QB rotation...not sure I'm sold on that just yet.

The Cleaner
08-31-2009, 06:09 PM
Totally agree with those points...

Also,

1. Aaryn needs to protect the ball ALOT more...he's carrying it way out in front when rushing.

2. Aaryn is a bull when it comes to rushing defenders, but he'll cause havoc on his body if he continues to take on defensive lines the way he does....plus, other defenses down the road will start to key on the fact that he does that alot and may dish out more punishment.

3. special teams needs to get "cobwebs" out...kickoff and punt returns need to be more aggressive in going after the ball...

As for the QB rotation...not sure I'm sold on that just yet.

SP coaches better scrap this rotating system before it ruins their season.This type of system wont allow either Qb to get into a rhythm and it will increase the chances of getting more false start and delay of game calls.If you are going to rotate do so every 3rd series or so.I also tend to believe that by not having a true starting QB you dont really have a designated leader on offense which could present a problem in a close game.

Fleeman93
08-31-2009, 06:14 PM
With the way SP played last year, I don't think Waco knows whats coming. They didnt see the team that went 5 rounds deep, but they will, believe me.

Are you saying SP is as good right now as the team that went 6 rounds deep last year?

SP Tiger Backer
08-31-2009, 10:10 PM
SP coaches better scrap this rotating system before it ruins their season.This type of system wont allow either Qb to get into a rhythm and it will increase the chances of getting more false start and delay of game calls.If you are going to rotate do so every 3rd series or so.I also tend to believe that by not having a true starting QB you dont really have a designated leader on offense which could present a problem in a close game.

Good points Mr. Clean.

Point Made...
09-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Gotta hang several TD's on Connally to start building serious momentum going into district play...

This game should be more about getting rid of what didn't work last week and polishing up what did.

Go Tigers!...make us proud.

Leather Head
09-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Any speculation about how, when or if the QB decision will be made? This is Craig Morton / Danny White all over again.

SPTiger09
09-03-2009, 01:36 AM
Are you saying SP is as good right now as the team that went 6 rounds deep last year?

In all honestly, I believe so. Point lost a LOT of talent, but Chessher always seems to find a way to crank out more. Not to mention that this is a grudge game AT HOME. From all the guys i've talked to, they are PISSED about last year so I expect a massacre. But who knows.

SP Tiger Backer
09-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Any speculation about how, when or if the QB decision will be made? This is Craig Morton / Danny White all over again.

Or Applewhite / Simms. I wish I knew the answer to that question myself. I have a feeling we may see QB rotation again tonight. The good news is SP has two very talented players to consider. Thats a good problem to have.

Point Made...
09-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Whatever Chessher said during halftime...worked.

0-3 Halftime
42-3 FINAL

Let's hope he doesn't have to give that same speech too many times this season...

Point Made...
09-05-2009, 10:20 PM
With Katy losing...the target on our backs just GOT LARGER.

No doubt SP should move to the #1 spot.

Leather Head
09-06-2009, 08:27 PM
What the Hey?
I always record the KVUE Friday Football Fever to see the highlights. There is lots of coverage from Westlake to Flatonia, but nothing on the Thursday night STP game. Should have been first on the list, especially with all the cancelled games. Then saw, in the closing credits, the hi-light of the corner-of-the-endzone pass to Shillow. So they had the footage, just chose not to put it in.

Point Made...
09-07-2009, 10:31 AM
What the Hey?
I always record the KVUE Friday Football Fever to see the highlights. There is lots of coverage from Westlake to Flatonia, but nothing on the Thursday night STP game. Should have been first on the list, especially with all the cancelled games. Then saw, in the closing credits, the hi-light of the corner-of-the-endzone pass to Shillow. So they had the footage, just chose not to put it in.

Sometimes they're very selective on re-playing Thursday night highlights on a Friday schedule...go figure.

Point Made...
09-09-2009, 03:21 PM
I guess we're really OFFICIAL....and well known now...

There are several posts being made on how legitimate our team is? and questions on why we're ranked higher than the teams that have "winning histories"? (that one kills me...)

My only response is "It's a week-to-week thing...and if you take it literally, you need to get a life".

ThePoint
09-12-2009, 01:54 PM
I guess we're really OFFICIAL....and well known now...

There are several posts being made on how legitimate our team is? and questions on why we're ranked higher than the teams that have "winning histories"? (that one kills me...)

My only response is "It's a week-to-week thing...and if you take it literally, you need to get a life".

Re: why we are ranked #1 - Not sure why except that we whipped most of the DF DUB and Houston teams with "tradition" in the playoffs last year and the game we lost was very close and most coaches from other teams that saw the game felt we were the much better team. We then follow that up with lots of returning staters and strong talent. Only 10 point scored against the D (really zero vs the "1's" :notworthy) and an early season conservative O that is blowing people out only playing half of the game.
Right - I can't figure it out either :rolleyes:

Let really open it up in district and then maybe they will understand - or just say we are in a weak district and we will have to prove it in the playoff's.;)

Point Made...
09-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Really saw a great improvement in the quarterback rotation...looks more fluid.

What needs to be said about the Defense...THEY ROCK!

Special teams improved from last week as well...

Next week we're off...then the real fun begins.

SP Tiger Backer
09-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Really saw a great improvement in the quarterback rotation...looks more fluid.

What needs to be said about the Defense...THEY ROCK!

Special teams improved from last week as well...

Next week we're off...then the real fun begins.

I feel more comfortable with the QB rotation now but I still wonder if that is the best in the long run. I will leave that up to coach though.

The 41 yard FG makes me feel lots better about the kicking game and the punting was much better. We also made all of the extra points for the second week in a row. Of course the punting had only one direction to go which was better ;)

Bruig
09-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Our punting did look below par. That kid from Waco sure had a leg though. I think he turned over every punt he kicked.

I'm still up in the air about the QB rotation but Chessher is making it work so far.

D was the most impressive, as expected.

As far as outlook for the future, the JV and Freshman (Blue and Gold) teams are making a showing. The White team (future Cedar Ridge aka Forest Creek High) have been playing a different schedule so I haven't been following them. I don't think it will effect the talent pool as much as people believe it will. 30 kids on the Freshman Blue and 50 kids on the Freshman Gold still leaves a decent pool of talent to chose from if the numbers stay status quo. 36 kids are on Freshman White that will end up at Cedar Ridge.

Keep your eye on freshmans Dominic Woodson, Josh Benitez, Tyler Harrington and Jamal Lewis if you want to see the future of SP. This is the first year Tyler has ever played football and he is impressive. God keep ‘em safe and healthy!

STPFootball2011
09-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Our punting did look below par. That kid from Waco sure had a leg though. I think he turned over every punt he kicked.

I'm still up in the air about the QB rotation but Chessher is making it work so far.

D was the most impressive, as expected.

As far as outlook for the future, the JV and Freshman (Blue and Gold) teams are making a showing. The White team (future Cedar Ridge aka Forest Creek High) have been playing a different schedule so I haven't been following them. I don't think it will effect the talent pool as much as people believe it will. 30 kids on the Freshman Blue and 50 kids on the Freshman Gold still leaves a decent pool of talent to chose from if the numbers stay status quo. 36 kids are on Freshman White that will end up at Cedar Ridge.

Keep your eye on freshmans Dominic Woodson, Josh Benitez, Tyler Harrington and Jamal Lewis if you want to see the future of SP. This is the first year Tyler has ever played football and he is impressive. God keep ‘em safe and healthy!
Its Cedar Ridge that'll be opening up next year, isn't Forest Creek an elementary school?

RRSP1
09-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Its Cedar Ridge that'll be opening up next year, isn't Forest Creek an elementary school?

Bruig was just speaking tongue-in-cheek about the Forest Creek community as a whole, that will end up over at CRHS.

Forest Creek, Oak Bluff, and the surrounding areas have supplied a lot of great players and parental support to the SP program. It will be interesting to see how well that transitions over to Cedar Ridge.

Stony Point will still have a lot of talent, no doubt. Hopefully the parent support at SP will continue strong, and people will step up to be booster officers, run the website, handle communications, fundraise, etc., etc.

Point Made...
09-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Here's a reminder of what makes a champion...(fort minor lyrics)

10% luck
20% skill
15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure
50% pain

...and 100% reason to remember the name...

The real fun begins on Friday night...

Good luck Tigers! ...make us proud.

Point Made...
09-24-2009, 04:31 PM
During pre-season, someone told me that a few of the SP games would be televised...

Any truth to that? anybody have more info?

Point Made...
09-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Great game tonight against Westwood...

3 things to mention:

1. Defense took care of business...again.

2. Tonight, even the backup offense looked very legit...

3. Somebody PLEASE tell Aaryn to protect that ball and quit carrying it like a loaf of bread!

Point Made...
10-02-2009, 11:39 PM
After tonight's 31-14 win over Leander...

The scale is starting to tilt towards Gus. :D

ThePoint
10-03-2009, 12:34 PM
After tonight's 31-14 win over Leander...

The scale is starting to tilt towards Gus. :D

What do you base that on?:confused:
We really didn't throw the ball much and both ran for about the same yardage.

Point Made...
10-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Keep-in-mind...this is my opinion.

Aaryn is prone to telegraphing too many of the hand offs on run plays... and does not seem at all comfortable back in the pocket.

As for his fumble last night...it was just a matter of time because of not securing the ball when he runs.

IMHO...Gus is just displaying alot more mobility, and making smart decisions with the ball.

ThePoint
10-03-2009, 05:51 PM
I can respect those thoughts - Aaryn definately needs to hold the ball closer and tighter. He did have trouble getting a grip on some of snaps last night in additon to the actual fumble. HOWEVER - he also brings a strong leadership and a strong running prescence that you can't teach - not sure he can stay healthy running that way, but I like the linebacker mentality.
I think he can learn and bounce back next week and show why he is part of our one two punch!
Just my thoughts...
Go Tigers!!!

Point Made...
10-03-2009, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=ThePoint;1323230]I can respect those thoughts - Aaryn definately needs to hold the ball closer and tighter. He did have trouble getting a grip on some of snaps last night in additon to the actual fumble. HOWEVER - he also brings a strong leadership and a strong running prescence that you can't teach - not sure he can stay healthy running that way, but I like the linebacker mentality.
I think he can learn and bounce back next week and show why he is part of our one two punch!
Just my thoughts...
Go Tigers!!![/QUOTE

Totally agree with you on that...

I pointed that out in an earlier post...defenders will likely dish out more punishment...but he's still a bull to be reckoned with! :eek:

btw...very proud of what both qb's are doing. :D

- sTp -
10-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Had to miss the Leander game, but from everything I've read it sounds like they had a pretty conservative game plan on offense? Someone earlier mentioned that we didn't pass a lot at all, so methinks Chessher is forcing the kids to find a way to win on the ground. It can only help for the future, as long as everyone stays healthy.

Who were they moving the rock with? The usual feeding to several backs? #11 is a little speed demon that compliments #7 Williams..

STP FAN
10-11-2009, 05:45 PM
That little speed demon is #11 Sam Kelly (Junior) I think you will hear his name alot more in up coming games and may be the one to watch next year!!!

Point Made...
10-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Enough of the pity party after last weeks loss...:(

Time to get this thing back on track and continue with our goals! :D

Go Tigers...keep making us proud!

SP Tiger Backer
10-31-2009, 03:56 PM
Enough of the pity party after last weeks loss...:(

Time to get this thing back on track and continue with our goals! :D

Go Tigers...keep making us proud!

If we arm chair coaches were to offer one word of advise to the team in order to get back on track what would it be?

My word would be FOCUS!

By the way, a nice gift of a share of the distric title thanks to WW (if we beat RR Friday).

Point Made...
11-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Big rivalry game against the Rock...

Was totally disappointed on the turnout for the CP game...the support must be there for this team to feed off the energy a huge crowd brings!

Hoping huge #'s will show up for a very important game on Friday!

Go Tigers!
Make Us Proud!

Bruig
11-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Big rivalry game against the Rock...

Was totally disappointed on the turnout for the CP game...the support must be there for this team to feed off the energy a huge crowd brings!

Hoping huge #'s will show up for a very important game on Friday!

Go Tigers!
Make Us Proud!

SP crowd was dead for the RR game. No excitement. It was like being at a golf tournament. I hope the the crowd picks up for the Cy game this Friday. The extended halftime show didn't help much either.

Bruig
12-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Our boys made a nice run this year. We not only saw outstanding performances by our seniors, but we have some really talented underclassmen. The loss to Trinity was a heart breaker, and could have went either way. Considering my youngest son is only 10, I expect that I will see plenty of ups and downs for many years, hopefully more ups than downs.

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy to all our graduating seniors.

ThePoint
12-13-2009, 02:39 PM
I am SOOOOOOO proud of this sTp team and what they have accomplished.:notworthy Seniors have been to this point twice in two years only to walk away with a loss (heartbroken). My job and that of the whole community is to explain that they are winners despite the final game of the season.
After the history of sTp during its first 6 yrs, for a team to go 26 and 4 over a two year stretch - WOW - we could not be prouder!!!!
Thanks to the team and coaches for all of the long days and nights and weekends you have committed into this program!
Thanks to the fans for all of the support - you have all been classy every step of the way and a key part of the energy that drives the success.
Thanks to the leaders and volunteers for the booster club - ya'll have made this GREAT experience!!
Here's to many more great years to come of sTp football!!!:notworthy:notworthy

wildcat86
12-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Couldn't agree more! Heck I'll go one more step since the 2007 season we are 35-5! We have grown so much in 2yrs. I remember those early years of being a doormat team wishing and dreaming about being as good as Pflugerville, Leander and McNeil. Coach Chessher and staff have done a great job turning STP into winners. We still have work to do and based on what I'm seeing, our 7th and 8th grade talent level are outstanding plus our sub varsity program are on par to keep that dream alive of winning that State Championship. We will get there!:)

Bill4par
12-14-2009, 12:54 PM
You guys have a great program and should be proud of your coaching staff's and players. Your program has demonstrated excellance over the years, and that is not by mistake. Just keep on knockin at the door, it will open!! Pretty soon the coaching staff is gonna wipe the depth chart clean in their office and start over again for next year. It's funny how that happens, different kids but same caliber. Good Luck!!:notworthy

allendad
12-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Hey TIGER NATION !

As was said earlier . . . .

I'm sure y'all are heart broken, but
it will pass. Y'all have had TWO great
teams and have come up shy.

The ball will eventually bounce your way.
I KNOW it will ! ! !

It doesn't help the hurt right now, but
you'll see how this is just a stepping stone
to what lies a head for y'all.

A lot of us are "re-loading" next year . . .
hopefully, we will see eachother next year !

Best of everything for you !

powerofthehaka
12-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Mark as duly impressed with your team and your fan base! :notworthy

MALAMEDICINA
12-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Stony Point will be a rocky road ahead for opponents for many years to come! We can count on that! Much love!!!

Point Made...
08-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Less that 12 hours from kickoff!...FINALLY!

Looking forward to seeing what our new offensive coordinator brought with him as-well-as watching the defense pick up where they left off last year.

as always...MAKE US PROUD TIGERS! :heli:

SP Tiger Backer
08-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Less that 12 hours from kickoff!...FINALLY!

Looking forward to seeing what our new offensive coordinator brought with him as-well-as watching the defense pick up where they left off last year.

as always...MAKE US PROUD TIGERS! :heli:

Glad to see this thread is alive again.

I thought the offense looked much better than last year week 0. Very few mental mistakes and were hitting their stride from the get go.

The D also looked very strong but a little vulnerable to the mis-direction like in last year's Tyler Lee game. Of course our friends from Mexico did not have near the speed of Lee. What do yall think?

titus211
08-28-2010, 08:29 AM
Get DeSoto!!! Leander had them and made to many mistakes late. I used to see highlights of games and see guys like Cameron Bell and Trevin Wade and wonder why these guys were having losing records with talent like that. I said they have just as much talent as P-ville, but what's up? Now they have turned it around with a great HC and assistants. How will STP fair in D2 when Cedar Ridge drains off depth?

platnmram
08-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Get DeSoto!!! Leander had them and made to many mistakes late. I used to see highlights of games and see guys like Cameron Bell and Trevin Wade and wonder why these guys were having losing records with talent like that. I said they have just as much talent as P-ville, but what's up? Now they have turned it around with a great HC and assistants. How will STP fair in D2 when Cedar Ridge drains off depth?I feel they will continue to dominate in the district and beyond. The middle schools that will feed into sTp has still been dominating the district and the talent level has not fallen off. Hopewell and Hernandez is loaded with talent and the freshmen and jv teams are loaded with talent.

ThePoint
08-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Reading some of these posts from last December really gets me going...
Some really classy people around the state that love HS football in Texas.:notworthy

Week 0 is in the books and started much stronger than last year. Few mistakes on offense and only gave up 6 yards rushing.. You've got to be kidding!:notworthy

Week 1 opponent will be much better and will give us a much better look at what we've got this year.
It will be intersting to see if we can match up on D with all of their speed to the outside. The d-ends need to bring the "A' game and the linebackers will have to stay sharp and not give up aything big.
The difference maker will be in keeping our "d" fresh by keeping them sitting on the bench during our long sustained offensive drives.
One down and one game at a time - tell the boys to enjoy everyplay....
Go Point!

titus211
09-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Playing Wagner is like playing Pflugerville, fast, small and rundimensional!

ThePoint
09-18-2010, 03:26 PM
sTp Nation -
Amazing turn out last night for the desoto game!:notworthy
Paying off your coworkers to cover for you while you leave early on Friday- $20
Full tank of Gas -$75
The feeling of being there when the Tigers dominate - PRICELESS:heli:
Huge THANKS to all of the fans that made the trip!!
I was worried after the low turnout for the Monterey Tec Thursday game at the Palace.
Then this week - Incredibly impressive that we outnumbered and out cheered the home team. I hope this is just the beginning of huge
crowds all the way through district and well into December!!

Come Early, Be loud and Support the Tigers! - We will be there!!!

RWED - Go Tigers!

ALLENFANDINGO5
09-20-2010, 11:59 AM
It remains to be seen if you guys have the best team in the state. But one thing for sure is y'all have the coolest tunnel Ive seen yet.Nice pic on the homepage.

DPaul
11-06-2010, 08:22 PM
I heard its Westlake and STP in round 1 of the 2010 playoffs. Tell me this isn't true.:eek:

Bruig
11-30-2010, 01:10 PM
For those of you who are unable to attend the games in person...facing excommunication from Stony Point, you can follow me tweeting big plays and scores on Twitter @bruig.

SpBlueCrew
08-24-2011, 12:15 AM
sooo is this forum dead?!?!
No one is interested about sp 2011 season?

tjw
08-31-2011, 11:25 PM
So what happened last week? 16-14 against a team from Mexico? :eek::eek:

Super B
02-18-2012, 12:44 AM
sooo is this forum dead?!?!
No one is interested about sp 2011 season?
Apparently.

titus211
02-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Apparently.

They not interested in 2012, since CR has the numbers and returning players. I wonder if they will pass the ball like LT? Ford is from SLC and wonder if they will hurry-up, which no 16-5A team does and toss the rock which SLC was known for under Dodge and Ford, plus they ran very well, which folks forgot with mobile QBs and good RBs. SLC also never used MOTION in their spread back then either.

twcpfan1
02-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Is Stony Point elite or not?

Txmusic
02-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Is Stony Point elite or not?

They really have not been, a lot of hype the last few yrs because they were 5a but if you were playing them then they were the greatest team going. Lake Travis been the better team in Cen Tx, the statesman had RRSP I think 8th last yr behind several 3a teams....

DEL VALLE
02-20-2012, 11:35 AM
talent pool has been split due to the new school Cedar Ridge, they will not be as good as the past years, Stony point will struggle.

SP Tiger Backer
02-20-2012, 08:31 PM
talent pool has been split due to the new school Cedar Ridge, they will not be as good as the past years, Stony point will struggle.

This plus nearly the entire 2010 season team graduated. The 2011 team was made up of mostly first time varsity players. These guys were mostly seniors also thus most of that team graduates this spring. SP was also hit pretty hard with injuries last year and had no depth to fall back on.

In my opinion the 2012 season is a question mark. Hopefully better than last season.

I heard that since Cedar Ridge is already busting at the seams so the school boundaries are being revised again sending more kids back to SP over the next couple of years. SP lost about one-third of its students to CR last year.