PDA

View Full Version : Next Year Texans

OILERDT54
01-20-2006, 11:05 AM
how do yall think the 2006 texans will be? i know they will lose the opener against dallas!!!

Tut
01-20-2006, 11:20 AM
how do yall think the 2006 texans will be? i know they will lose the opener against dallas!!!

That's what they said the first time.:D

Still my favorite Texan win!!

wide-e-wide
01-20-2006, 05:18 PM

Like there have been so many other Texans wins to compare it to...

Dallas wins...and Cowboys fans won't say a word...why?
Because it's a meaningless non-conference game.

OILERDT54
01-20-2006, 09:40 PM
it aint gonna be a meaningless game. in the nfl every game counts. im not gonna be surprised if the texans got 0-16 even with young or bush. bush is gonna be just like mcgahee. and young will be like ryan leaf. dont remeber who leaf was, he was drafted after peyton and then retired 3 years later cuz he sucked!!!!

dragonfootballfan
01-20-2006, 09:46 PM
it aint gonna be a meaningless game. in the nfl every game counts. im not gonna be surprised if the texans got 0-16 even with young or bush. bush is gonna be just like mcgahee. and young will be like ryan leaf. dont remeber who leaf was, he was drafted after peyton and then retired 3 years later cuz he sucked!!!!
so you are saying Vince sucks?

dragons08
01-20-2006, 10:10 PM

its almost their only win

wide-e-wide
01-20-2006, 10:15 PM
so you are saying Vince sucks?

I don't know what he is saying...
But comparing him to Ryan Leaf was enough for me...that is a stretch.

Favpack
01-21-2006, 09:08 AM
Didn't you see Ryan in the Rose Bowl his senior year? He rushed for 3 yards, but his wristbands looked really good. Vince really didn't show me much against USC - the dude is way over-rated.

Tut
01-21-2006, 09:09 AM
Like there have been so many other Texans wins to compare it to...

Dallas wins...and Cowboys fans won't say a word...why?
Because it's a meaningless non-conference game.

The lack of a really big win does make it easy.

The first one and next years are not meaningless as they are regular season. The three pre season ones in between are meaningless.

If Dallas wins (most likely), Cowboy fans will have plenty to say.

Big Daddy Cool
01-21-2006, 11:30 AM
If having over 400 yards of total offense against what was supposed to be the best team in the nation is being over-rated then this world we live in has gone completely bonkers. I'd much rather have him as my quarterback than some guy who gets sacked or throws an interception and then comes the sideline like everything is just peachy.

TexasRed6x
01-21-2006, 01:32 PM
I think the Texans will do better next year with Capers being gone and if they can manage to draft Bush, not trade him, and start him, then I think that they will improve a little bit but not too much and plus Kubiak will improve our offense since he was the offensive guru under Shanahan in Denver. If they can also draft some hard working offensive lineman, maybe Kubiak will be able to save the Texans if he teaches them to effectively block and protect Carr.

lonny23
01-21-2006, 01:54 PM
I think the Texans will do better next year with Capers being gone and if they can manage to draft Bush, not trade him, and start him, then I think that they will improve a little bit but not too much and plus Kubiak will improve our offense since he was the offensive guru under Shanahan in Denver. If they can also draft some hard working offensive lineman, maybe Kubiak will be able to save the Texans if he teaches them to effectively block and protect Carr.
Shanahan is the play-caller in Denver. I never understood why everybody has been all over Kubiak when the pressure falls on Shanahan during the game. For the Texans sake, Kubiak better be magic in practice and hope that translates into the games next year.

hoo2ers
01-22-2006, 06:13 AM
young will be like ryan leaf. dont remeber who leaf was, he was drafted after peyton and then retired 3 years later cuz he sucked!!!!

BIG difference between Young and Leaf there Oiler.
Young has potential. Leaf was an idiot.
Leaf threw so many pick's that opposing DB's sent him X-mas cards.
Leaf was sacked more times than Madonna at a Riviera weekend bash.
Leaf had character issues that lost him support from his teammates, coaches, fans and the media.
Hell,,, his own dog bit him cause he didn't like him.
Young may have trouble adjusting to the NFL right away but he will be just fine when he gets a little experience.
But to compare him to Leaf will prove to be Lonny23's "Winner of the 2006 - Most Obstreperous Post Award".

hoo2ers
01-22-2006, 06:19 AM
Shanahan is the play-caller in Denver. I never understood why everybody has been all over Kubiak when the pressure falls on Shanahan during the game. For the Texans sake, Kubiak better be magic in practice and hope that translates into the games next year.

Kubiak will do just fine in Houston. His problem will be that he will need a little time to get things going with player's and scheme's while dealing with the current G.M.

OILERDT54
01-23-2006, 10:59 AM
i aint sayin vince sux, im just sayin he may be overrated for the nfl. he is going to be a fine player i just dont want him to be a texan's bust!!

OILERDT54
01-23-2006, 11:01 AM
i see vince going to a good team. i dont even know why houston has a football team. every other sport in houston sux so...vince has potential and he will be a good player, but u never know, he may be another leaf.