PDA

View Full Version : John tyler vs. Longview scrimmage

johntylerfan
08-17-2009, 12:26 PM
This will be a good scrimmage that should be a good warm-up to that start of the season. JT will have their hands full thats for sure. I am also looking for a better showing than last year's from JT. LV is going to be hell this year. It will be this Friday with the JV and frosh starting around 4pm and the varsity at 6pm.

gtee2
08-19-2009, 11:57 PM
I think JT is gonna suprise some teams this year! I will be rooting for" the beast from the east" Cujo Lions!

LoboFan07
08-20-2009, 06:24 AM
I think JT is gonna suprise some teams this year! I will be rooting for" the beast from the east" Cujo Lions!

I definitely 2nd this.

JT will have a good year.

Here's to noone getting hurt on Friday ;)

Rapture
08-20-2009, 09:03 AM
This will be a good scrimmage that should be a good warm-up to that start of the season. JT will have their hands full thats for sure. I am also looking for a better showing than last year's from JT. LV is going to be hell this year. It will be this Friday with the JV and frosh starting around 4pm and the varsity at 6pm.
boy where u been? big red & cujo been wonderin where old Johntyler fan done crept to.;) good to see ya again dog:D

Rapture
08-20-2009, 09:07 AM
yes i said this before just about everybody, that JT was on their way back and gonna be strong in 09. in one of the treads i also predicted a tyler dream match-up in the playoffs. first time ever! Thats what im hopin and praying for. dont need no upsets:notworthy lets go big red & cujo!!!!!! from ya boy big red & cujo!!!!!!!!!!!:D this scrimmage between JT\longview will tell how for reael JT will be and just where they are at right now and will be at the start of the season. i see a jt surprise tommorw

Aggies2009
08-20-2009, 11:16 AM
yes i said this before just about everybody, that JT was on their way back and gonna be strong in 09. in one of the treads i also predicted a tyler dream match-up in the playoffs. first time ever! Thats what im hopin and praying for. dont need no upsets:notworthy lets go big red & cujo!!!!!! from ya boy big red & cujo!!!!!!!!!!!:D this scrimmage between JT\longview will tell how for reael JT will be and just where they are at right now and will be at the start of the season. i see a jt surprise tommorw

Will it surprise you even more when Longview beats Lee for the 7th time in a row? :rolleyes: :D

Rapture
08-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Will it surprise you even more when Longview beats Lee for the 7th time in a row? :rolleyes: :D
dam sure would. alot more:confused:

Aggies2009
08-20-2009, 04:16 PM
dam sure would. alot more:confused:

Would it shock you into not showing your face around here for a few months again? :D

LPack007
08-23-2009, 12:27 AM
1st team 2 to 2
2nd team 2 to 2

LOBOS

1. Intensity...absolute lack of it for about 70% of the scrimmage...either it was the #1 ranking going to their head or looking ahead to Allen...either way, King needs to be in their face (which I am sure he was)

2. Defensively...JT ran from the Shotgun. We left some recievers open (with our 10 yds off the WR) and they made plays. When we actually did start to get pressure on the QB, we lost containment and he ran all over us...bright spot...the last two series, JT could not do very much...we seemed to get our heads on straight.

3. Running game...without Tyler, we are a really different team. DHunt is running better this year, waiting for his blocks to setup. The only problem is he doesn't have the ability to stop and start at almost full speed like Tyler does, so he doesn't hit that hole as hard. He gets 2 or 3 yds were Tyler gets 6 ot 8. I am worried about the FB position, no one really impressed me...he has got to find a J.O. or Ivory type of player...bright spot...If Decedric goes to FB when Tyler comes back, that will be the knockout combo...

4. Passing game...looks like vintage LV at this time of year. Aaron couldn't hit the WRs when they were open for the most part...when he did, they dropped the ball. CFortson dropped 3 big passes...

JOHN TYLER

1. QB...JT fans will be happy with #15. He is pretty accurate, shifty, and very fast...he makes good decisions...such as continuing to look upfield as he is scrambling for yards...he will be hard to defend...

2. WRs...pretty good group, did not appear to be afraid to take a hit...they can catch

3. RBs...seemed to be average but hard to tackle

4. Defense...DLine will be the strong suit of this team. The secondary is a little above average...the way to exploit is to get a RB on a linebacker...

JT should go pretty far this year...fight for 2 or 3 in district...

Next week....Longview needs to turn it up about 4 or 5 notches or we are going to be in trouble next week...based on what I saw tonight, I would say Allen by 10...

From Kingwolf
http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=98829

LoboFan07
08-23-2009, 01:38 AM
Definitely sounded as if Longview didn't show up at all, until the very end.

I know that several of our key players didn't play, including McCray, but definitely is not an excuse for the lack of intensity.

A scrimmage is a scrimmage. Now the real fun begins.

Rapture
08-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Would it shock you into not showing your face around here for a few months again? :D
i aint never ran off this site. only break i took was when we lost in the playoffs, oh and john tyler whooped longview!!! lol cuuuuujoooooooooooo!

Rapture
08-23-2009, 10:03 AM
that score given by Lpack is not correct. JOHN TYLER 'S OFFFENSE OUT DID LONGVIEW'S. IN THE REGULAR SCRIMMAGE PORTION JT SCORE TWICE TO LONGVIEW ONCE. IN THE LIVE QTR ,BOTH SCORED ONCE. LONGVIEW'S SECOND TEAM SCORED IN THE LIVE QTR AS WELL. BOTH TEAMS SECOND TEAMS SCORED IN THE SCRIMMAGE PART BEFORE THEN AND THATS WHY IT WAS A TIE. BUT JT FIRST TEAM OUT DID LONGVIEW 3-2

Rapture
08-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Longview is still longview and the way to exploit them and get passed them is to pass the ball. Their pass defense is shaky. Also their passin g game is not good on short routes, they will be trying to sneak the deep pass seem route in alot doing the season. That is their only shot against a good team. Longview is good enough team, that since they are in 4a they will be hard to beat again, but i think they will go 0-2 the first 2 games vs the 5a teams on the schedule (allen) (tyler lee).

Aggies2009
08-23-2009, 02:23 PM
that score given by Lpack is not correct. JOHN TYLER 'S OFFFENSE OUT DID LONGVIEW'S. IN THE REGULAR SCRIMMAGE PORTION JT SCORE TWICE TO LONGVIEW ONCE. IN THE LIVE QTR ,BOTH SCORED ONCE. LONGVIEW'S SECOND TEAM SCORED IN THE LIVE QTR AS WELL. BOTH TEAMS SECOND TEAMS SCORED IN THE SCRIMMAGE PART BEFORE THEN AND THATS WHY IT WAS A TIE. BUT JT FIRST TEAM OUT DID LONGVIEW 3-2

That's funny. I read that the first teams came out 2-2... And we were without McCray and our middle linebacker. I read this in the Longview News Journal, a much more credible source than you.

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2009/08/22/08222009_lobofootball.html

Rapture
08-23-2009, 04:18 PM
That's funny. I read that the first teams came out 2-2... And we were without McCray and our middle linebacker. I read this in the Longview News Journal, a much more credible source than you.

http://www.news-journal.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2009/08/22/08222009_lobofootball.html
well they must not have been there or is just trying to keep the longview fans from worry,cause they were expecting to ropadope Jt and i knew that wasnt wasnt gonna happen. it went they way i knew i would, cujo was unstoppable

gtee2
08-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Heard secondary didn't look good at all. Still playing 10 yards off like they all run 4.8 40's or something! And our WR's caught like they had flippers instead of hands. Gotta get it together or somebody will be celebrating on our turf for the first time in 5 years!:mad:

Aggies2009
08-23-2009, 04:43 PM
well they must not have been there or is just trying to keep the longview fans from worry,cause they were expecting to ropadope Jt and i knew that wasnt wasnt gonna happen. it went they way i knew i would, cujo was unstoppable

That's funny. I consider them a MUCH more credible source than someone like you who thinks Lee will beat Lufkin and has predicted Lee wins over Longview the past like 6 years only for Longview to beat the bricks out of Lee time and time again. :rolleyes:

Rapture
08-23-2009, 05:17 PM
That's funny. I consider them a MUCH more credible source than someone like you who thinks Lee will beat Lufkin and has predicted Lee wins over Longview the past like 6 years only for Longview to beat the bricks out of Lee time and time again. :rolleyes:
U ACT LIKE YALL HAVE THE ONLY STREAK IN THE RILVARY. BEFORE YO STREAK STARTED,LEE WAS ON A 5 GAME WIN STREAK OVER LONGVIEW. SO U R ARE NOT NOTHIN SPECIAL. DESPITE BEATING LEE WHAT ELSE HAVE U DONE? LEE HAS WON A STATE TITLE. LONGVIEW ,OTHER THAN JUST WINNING HEAD TO HEAD HAS NOT BEEN BETTER AT ALL. LEE AND LUFKIN IS STILL ABOVE LONGVIEW AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED AND SOON SO WILL JT. WIN SOMETHING TO BRAG ABOUT FIRST THEN COME BACK WITH THE HEAD TO HEAD:rolleyes:.DONT GET BLOWED OUT AND COME BACKYAPPIN ABOUT U HAVIN THEBEST TEAM IN 70 YRS ONLY TO GET DELT WITH BY A TEAM U WERE EXPECTING TO SHOWBOAT:rolleyes:

Aggies2009
08-23-2009, 05:23 PM
U ACT LIKE YALL HAVE THE ONLY STREAK IN THE RILVARY. BEFORE YO STREAK STARTED,LEE WAS ON A 5 GAME WIN STREAK OVER LONGVIEW. SO U R ARE NOT NOTHIN SPECIAL. DESPITE BEATING LEE WHAT ELSE HAVE U DONE? LEE HAS WON A STATE TITLE. LONGVIEW ,OTHER THAN JUST WINNING HEAD TO HEAD HAS NOT BEEN BETTER AT ALL. LEE AND LUFKIN IS STILL ABOVE LONGVIEW AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED AND SOON SO WILL JT. WIN SOMETHING TO BRAG ABOUT FIRST THEN COME BACK WITH THE HEAD TO HEAD:rolleyes:.DONT GET BLOWED OUT AND COME BACKYAPPIN ABOUT U HAVIN THEBEST TEAM IN 70 YRS ONLY TO GET DELT WITH BY A TEAM U WERE EXPECTING TO SHOWBOAT:rolleyes:

1. It's handy because we're not in the 1998-2002 years, isn't it? I care about what's happening right now. It's pathetic you have to live in those years because you've done nothing vs Longview since 2002. Even so, a 6-game win streak > a 5-game win streak.

2. Longview has a state title too. Neither are relevant in recent years. But we still beat Lee even in their best year; they just got lucky to play to easy playoff schedule, not against Lufkin (who already beat Lee that year), Southlake, or Smithson Valley.

3. Longview has won 5 straight district championships (4 of which were against Lee) while Lee has won 1 in the past 5 years.

4. Sure, we lost to Lake Travis who pollsters put at #3 in the nation. We still shut out Lee and won by 3 TDs.

5. Yeah, Longview hasn't done much outside of winning head-to-head. I guess that's a big stat, though, when comparing two teams. :rolleyes: Funny you have Lee and Lufkin above Longview when Longview has been better than both teams for years.

CO99JTHS
08-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Wow... glad to see you all aren't still having the same meaningless debates on here now as you were 4 years ago lol. :rolleyes:

Go JT....Let's get it!!!

Aggies2009
08-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Wow... glad to see you all aren't still having the same meaningless debates on here now as you were 4 years ago lol. :rolleyes:

Go JT....Let's get it!!!

Sounds like JT is back on the rise. Then again, in their best season as of late, Longview still beat them 41-14 :D...

All kidding aside, good luck this season and I'll definitely be pulling for you guys to beat Lee and win that district.

LoboFan07
08-23-2009, 10:23 PM

You should read your own paper then too..

"JT topped Longview 3-2 during the controlled portion, with both first-team offenses trading TDs and the Lions' second unit edging the Lobos' second team 2-1."

It doesn't matter though. Longview was flat, and probably would've been with the injured players playing anyways. Longview will need to turn it up a notch, like we all know King will have them, before Friday.

ROD LEE
08-23-2009, 11:05 PM
I've watched numerous JT team scrimmages, games, and playoff runs since 1981 when JT lost to eventual state champion Lake Highlands at Texas Stadium. In a two quarter scrimmage there are two things you look for and they aren't TD's or final scores. One being, how well your base offense moves the ball and the second how well your base defense plays against the base all within the alloted timeframe. Longview didn't scrimmage well defensively to start and JT came out offensively looking really good. As the scrimmage went on Longview started gashing us with big runs by their offense and we started subbing offensively because their defense started head hunting. The fatigue started setting in and Longview got stronger and we were looking gassed. If Longview needs to fix anything it'll be their start out the gate. Personally, I feel Longview can win with Hunt at TB. Without him who do they have? JT, on the other hand, has to work on finishing 4 quarters and that starts with conditioning, something that should already be in place. The excuse many times are numbers and/or depth but I've seen JT teams that played players both ways have great success against 5A teams that had larger programs.

Beast From The East
08-24-2009, 02:34 PM
1. It's handy because we're not in the 1998-2002 years, isn't it? I care about what's happening right now. It's pathetic you have to live in those years because you've done nothing vs Longview since 2002. Even so, a 6-game win streak > a 5-game win streak.

2. Longview has a state title too. Neither are relevant in recent years. But we still beat Lee even in their best year; they just got lucky to play to easy playoff schedule, not against Lufkin (who already beat Lee that year), Southlake, or Smithson Valley.

3. Longview has won 5 straight district championships (4 of which were against Lee) while Lee has won 1 in the past 5 years.

4. Sure, we lost to Lake Travis who pollsters put at #3 in the nation. We still shut out Lee and won by 3 TDs.

5. Yeah, Longview hasn't done much outside of winning head-to-head. I guess that's a big stat, though, when comparing two teams. :rolleyes: Funny you have Lee and Lufkin above Longview when Longview has been better than both teams for years.
I agree..Longview has been impressive every year even though they fell short of winning a state title last year..and by the way Longview has had R.E.L's and JT's number for a long time now ..They owned 12-5a for a good 5 yrs and that sure is a hell of a lot more impressive than what Lee has done..Yeah Lee won a state title but they where unfortunate to face the big dogs of SLC,LUFKIN,KATY OR SM VALLEY...BUT im not knocking their title everybody doesnt always face the hardest competition...Now as far as the Lee-Longview game next week it could probably be close but i wanna say Longview pulls this one out 35-21...Even with with Longviews #1 rb out they still have a tough running game from what i saw at the Jt-lv scrimmage..and believe me JT had a hard time stopping it at times...that fb dive was killer everytime they ran it...now the receivers were a little sloppy but maybe they'll improve..lv's defensive backs dont have to worry about much because Lee wont really attack you through the air..but i will say this,if you let mr. dada brown(lee's starting back) get in a groove you could be in serious trouble...lee brings to the table a wildcat j-back offense that could be dangerous..but if lee doesnt correct the fumbles(5 fumbles lost in the scrimmage against san marcos) against Lufkin then this game is already over with..you cant give the ball up against a team like longview and expect to win..point blank...Lee,Longview and JT definitely have their hands full this week with some very stiff competition..Here are my predictions:LOBO'S VS.EAGLES
I'll say that Allen will not be able to stop Longviews grond attack and since its in Longview i'll say the Lobo's pull this one out:24-14
RED RAIDERS VS.LP PACK: I predict Lee has trouble holding onto the ball and lufkin turns turnovers into points and plus they're in lufkin with a very young Lee Defense...score:LP(42)-LEE(28)
Last but not least:JT VS. TEXAS HIGH..Now this is the game i'll be attending bucause well,JT is my team!!Now im not sure what all Texas High brings to the table but I know the have a very good QB and they always have a really good receving core.not really a running team...Now JT has one of the strongest offenses in this area..not because thats my team but i know what they can do..we wasted no time scoring on the first drive against Longview...This spread offense is lead by QB Jeremy Johnson who is an absolute lethal weapon..he's very accurate and even more dangerous on his feet...The receiving core is led by D1 commit Ricky Collins(SMU) and Courtland Nickleberry...Rick Collins Brings the deep threat and the ability to out jump any corner back and of cousre some very stick hands..Nickleberry adds very good route running and great hands(not as explosive as Collins but is a sure catch).Then we have our slot receiver and 2nd team qb David Bush(deep threat and very fast). not to mention 2 all district rb's in Ke'Odric Black and Kedrick Chancellor..Black who is our starter (both will be on field at same time) brings more elusiveness and slashing...Chancellor is more of a straight ahead runner but is hard to tackle..we should be able to score enough points to win..deffense still needs a little work but is lead by Texas commit Ashton Dorsey...Score JT(35)-Texas High(24)

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-25-2009, 10:55 AM
I've watched numerous JT team scrimmages, games, and playoff runs since 1981 when JT lost to eventual state champion Lake Highlands at Texas Stadium. In a two quarter scrimmage there are two things you look for and they aren't TD's or final scores. One being, how well your base offense moves the ball and the second how well your base defense plays against the base all within the alloted timeframe. Longview didn't scrimmage well defensively to start and JT came out offensively looking really good. As the scrimmage went on Longview started gashing us with big runs by their offense and we started subbing offensively because their defense started head hunting. The fatigue started setting in and Longview got stronger and we were looking gassed. If Longview needs to fix anything it'll be their start out the gate. Personally, I feel Longview can win with Hunt at TB. Without him who do they have? JT, on the other hand, has to work on finishing 4 quarters and that starts with conditioning, something that should already be in place. The excuse many times are numbers and/or depth but I've seen JT teams that played players both ways have great success against 5A teams that had larger programs.

Conditioning is very, VERY important. It can make a huge difference in winning, and losing, a game. Seen it happen all to often.

Allen Wilson's JT teams had numerous guys playing both ways. Morris Anderson, Marc Broyles, Michael Price, David Warren, Terrence Robinson, Ricklan Holmes, Aaron Ross, Andre Mills, Robert Garmon, and a bunch of other guys went both ways for the Lions, and did well.

wolfpack4life
08-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Looks like jt had a good scrimmage...to BAD they where to scared to play a GAME...probably would have finally beat us:rolleyes:

99cujo
08-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Looks like jt had a good scrimmage...to BAD they where to scared to play a GAME...probably would have finally beat us:rolleyes:explain??:confused:

ROD LEE
08-26-2009, 01:35 AM
Looks like jt had a good scrimmage...to BAD they where to scared to play a GAME...probably would have finally beat us:rolleyes:Looked fair offensively but didn't see much of a running game but the defense needs a tuneup...where did that come from?...nothing lasts forever and all good things must come to an end.

LoboFan07
08-26-2009, 06:22 AM
explain??:confused:

John Tyler refused to play Longview in a regular season game after realignment came up.

ROD LEE
08-26-2009, 10:19 AM
John Tyler refused to play Longview in a regular season game after realignment came up.Says who? and why would we?

LoboFan07
08-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Says who? and why would we?

Says our athletic director.

We were planning on having the John Tyler game between our games against Lee and Lufkin (week two) but that got changed once JT said they wouldn't play us/already had a game there.

I don't know the reason that John Tyler turned down the offer, whether it was because they already had a game there or not. But they did. The JT game was printed on the newspaper before last season, up until JT turned it down and we have to scamper around to find a game (which is where the Barbers Hill game came in).

Edit: Y'all play Arlington Lamar in the week that was originally planned for us to meet.

Beast From The East
08-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Looks like jt had a good scrimmage...to BAD they where to scared to play a GAME...probably would have finally beat us:rolleyes:do you seriously think we where scared to paly in areal game...the only reason we're not playing yall is cuz yall dropped to 4-a...be foreal dude..

Aggies2009
08-26-2009, 02:02 PM
do you seriously think we where scared to paly in areal game...the only reason we're not playing yall is cuz yall dropped to 4-a...be foreal dude..

Really?

So I guess you're out on playing another 4A team like Texas High too, huh?

Oh, wait... Texas High is 4A and JT didn't hesitate to schedule them. Or Copperas Cove a few years ago. Or Wichita Falls Rider.... And that is "foreal dude".

ROD LEE
08-26-2009, 05:01 PM

We were planning on having the John Tyler game between our games against Lee and Lufkin (week two) but that got changed once JT said they wouldn't play us/already had a game there.

I don't know the reason that John Tyler turned down the offer, whether it was because they already had a game there or not. But they did. The JT game was printed on the newspaper before last season, up until JT turned it down and we have to scamper around to find a game (which is where the Barbers Hill game came in).

Edit: Y'all play Arlington Lamar in the week that was originally planned for us to meet.So you are saying Coach Rush should have broken an agreement with an ALREADY scheduled opponent just to get the opportunity to play Longview? :confused:

ROD LEE
08-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Really?

So I guess you're out on playing another 4A team like Texas High too, huh?

Oh, wait... Texas High is 4A and JT didn't hesitate to schedule them. Or Copperas Cove a few years ago. Or Wichita Falls Rider.... And that is "foreal dude".Longview dropping to 4A was merely a rumor up until the numbers were actually announced. JT had already set their schedule and I don't see a presenting reason why it should have been changed. I'm sure JT will have a slot open for 2010-11 and Longview will get another chance to prove it's worth. :rolleyes:

LoboFan07
08-26-2009, 05:47 PM
So you are saying Coach Rush should have broken an agreement with an ALREADY scheduled opponent just to get the opportunity to play Longview? :confused:

Longview dropping to 4A was merely a rumor up until the numbers were actually announced. JT had already set their schedule and I don't see a presenting reason why it should have been changed. I'm sure JT will have a slot open for 2010-11 and Longview will get another chance to prove it's worth. :rolleyes:

You know scheduling a game before realignment comes out is against UIL right?

I don't know if they had an arranged game before Longview came calling, but if they did it would've had to be within the first 10 minutes of realignment coming out.

wolfpack4life
08-26-2009, 07:07 PM
do you seriously think we where scared to paly in areal game...the only reason we're not playing yall is cuz yall dropped to 4-a...be foreal dude..
Well thats the only explanation.....dont bring that 4a excuse on here because yall play t-high and get blowed out...so..that excuse wont work;)...nice try though

ROD LEE
08-26-2009, 09:00 PM
You've given plenty of information on this so called ducking act JT pulled on Longview but you still haven't answered the why part.

You know scheduling a game before realignment comes out is against UIL right?
I don't know if they had an arranged game before Longview came calling, but if they did it would've had to be within the first 10 minutes of realignment coming out.Yeah. So is playing an ineligible player but that doesn't stop some folks.

wolfpack4life
08-26-2009, 09:28 PM
You've given plenty of information on this so called ducking act JT pulled on Longview but you still haven't answered the why part.
Yeah. So is playing an ineligible player but that doesn't stop some folks.
Like i said once before...only explanation of why they didnt play longview in a game is because they where scared to play..thats just imo

ROD LEE
08-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Like i said once before...only explanation of why they didnt play longview in a game is because they where scared to play..thats just imoScared of what? Longview has an umpteen game lead on JT. It would only be a stakeless game just like the scrimmage last Friday and it's definitely not like we'd be playing for a 5A or 4A state championship. :eek:

99cujo
08-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Like i said once before...only explanation of why they didnt play longview in a game is because they where scared to play..thats just imoThat is just a bunch of Lobo :Censor: scare of what???

Rapture
08-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Like i said once before...only explanation of why they didnt play longview in a game is because they where scared to play..thats just imo
nobody is scared to play longview! what have they done beside swindle their way to 4a so they can have a better shot at gettin thier fans a state championship and blew it. so if anybody is scared its longview for running away from 5a deleating those kids and they just happen to come back after realignment is official:rolleyes:

Aggies2009
08-26-2009, 11:48 PM
nobody is scared to play longview! what have they done beside swindle their way to 4a so they can have a better shot at gettin thier fans a state championship and blew it. so if anybody is scared its longview for running away from 5a deleating those kids and they just happen to come back after realignment is official:rolleyes:

How many times do we have to tell your ignorant self that we petitioned to TRY AND PLAY UP. Besides, we "swindled" our way into playing the #3 team in the nation in Lake Travis and weren't afraid to play Allen who finished the year #2. We play nationally ranked teams every year (#2 Evangel in 2002 and 2003, #7 John Curtis in 2007, #2 Allen in 2008, and I'm sure those West Monroe teams were up there in 05 and 06). Not to mention, the UIL would have found out by now and busted Longview for all kinds of stuff (and why would Longview risk such a thing anyway?) The UIL says one thing, all we get is you whining claiming another. I think I'll go with what the UIL says, and they say that we did everything by the books, smashing your little claim that we went out of our way to join 4A. Plus, teams turn in their numbers BEFORE the UIL decides what the cutoff is for 5A. So yeah, your little claim is bigger trash than Lee's offense which gained all of 0 points vs Longview last year. You've been proven wrong time and time again and have yet to show any proof to back your claim. So do you care to make a bigger fool of yourself with more ignorant claims, or would you like to get back to discussing why exactly John Tyler avoided Longview, whether it be because they had prior obligations or were scared? All you can do is cry about that because we've humiliated Lee for the last 6 years, but it's okay... I'd be mad too if I were you.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-27-2009, 12:11 AM

Watching wolfpack4life and Rapture go at it will be fun!:laugh

ROD LEE
08-27-2009, 12:55 AM
There have been 3 or so Lobos bringing up this topic but none can explain sensably why JT would avoid Longview. My best guess, regardless of when, is that a previous agreement had been made before CUjO allegedly tucked tail and ran to get away from the Big Bad Wolf. If you have to, ask your AD since he's the one that confirmed this crazy idea. Here's the senario, Longview: Hey, how about you guys playing us in week 3? JT: Naw man, we are going to try and find a game that's a little more taxing on our travel costs because it doesn't cost as much to drive to Longview. :rolleyes:

LPack007
08-27-2009, 01:17 AM

:laugh ;) you're killing me...

Rapture
08-27-2009, 05:37 AM
How many times do we have to tell your ignorant self that we petitioned to TRY AND PLAY UP. Besides, we "swindled" our way into playing the #3 team in the nation in Lake Travis and weren't afraid to play Allen who finished the year #2. We play nationally ranked teams every year (#2 Evangel in 2002 and 2003, #7 John Curtis in 2007, #2 Allen in 2008, and I'm sure those West Monroe teams were up there in 05 and 06). Not to mention, the UIL would have found out by now and busted Longview for all kinds of stuff (and why would Longview risk such a thing anyway?) The UIL says one thing, all we get is you whining claiming another. I think I'll go with what the UIL says, and they say that we did everything by the books, smashing your little claim that we went out of our way to join 4A. Plus, teams turn in their numbers BEFORE the UIL decides what the cutoff is for 5A. So yeah, your little claim is bigger trash than Lee's offense which gained all of 0 points vs Longview last year. You've been proven wrong time and time again and have yet to show any proof to back your claim. So do you care to make a bigger fool of yourself with more ignorant claims, or would you like to get back to discussing why exactly John Tyler avoided Longview, whether it be because they had prior obligations or were scared? All you can do is cry about that because we've humiliated Lee for the last 6 years, but it's okay... I'd be mad too if I were you.
all these teams u r namimg are teams u dont have to play in the post season. i never have been proved wrong time and time again. u keep bringing up that 21-0 loss by lee to longview like its some shrine. you must see lee as a top dominate foe,cause you are so surpprised and happy about that once in a lifetime score. plus you wouldnt have beatin them late in the season when they were a better team. early in the season in 08 they were more of a mistake prone offense than they were later in the season. longview had luck on their side to be playing such a weak defense 4a league last season. 4a had no defense. shucks almose all the playoff games were 35-31,65-52,and 43-38 and all that.longview has no defense,so that 21-0 score u held lee to was more of lee's fault,than anything longview did. yall want keep them near 0,this season and lee dont give of big scores to often, so i suggest you figure out, plus i dont see you coming close with allen with what i saw at that scrimmage the other day. yall wouldnt have beatin JT in a regular season game,so u should be glad u not playing them. its one less for sure loss. you are already headed to a 0-2 start. why would yall want to go 0-3 withall this negative talk about the #0?

Rapture
08-27-2009, 05:48 AM
There have been 3 or so Lobos bringing up this topic but none can explain sensably why JT would avoid Longview. My best guess, regardless of when, is that a previous agreement had been made before CUjO allegedly tucked tail and ran to get away from the Big Bad Wolf. If you have to, ask your AD since he's the one that confirmed this crazy idea. Here's the senario, Longview: Hey, how about you guys playing us in week 3? JT: Naw man, we are going to try and find a game that's a little more taxing on our travel costs because it doesn't cost as much to drive to Longview. :rolleyes:
man just save your breath. you dont have to argue with them.i mean, like i said who that far up 31 can say anything about being scared to play somebody. no one is gonna erase a game that already have been scheduled just to play them.all this running they doing, its hard enough getting games as it is. rush aint got time to be scheduling longview and they tuck tail and run and play in a smaller classification. they had JT every year, so they should have thought about that b4 those students start miraculiously dissapearing and reappearaing.:rolleyes:

Rapture
08-27-2009, 05:59 AM
look man i dont want to get into no who did this and that and all this negative things back and forworth. all i have to say is the season is about to start and i wish all of east texas luck in the season and the playoffs, that includes longview. we all are east texas,so i hope none take our dissagreaments personally. i do pull for my east texas bras'. so good luck come friday or saturday when ever u play. All i have to say is"WATCH OUT LP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" DADA DADA DADA DA !!!!:notworthy:D

MANUP2009
08-27-2009, 06:15 AM
you sure like hearing yourself talk, don't you rapture?

Aggies2009
08-27-2009, 08:22 AM

Good, then that may have been the reason. Nobody (other than one) insinuated it was because they are scared, just that they turned down a game. Whether it be for travel reasons, because they were scared, because they had a full schedule by the time Longview asked, etc. Don't get mad because ONE Lobo fan said that they were scared, the rest of us really wanted to know why they turned down a game because we enjoy playing Cujo.

Aggies2009
08-27-2009, 08:40 AM
all these teams u r namimg are teams u dont have to play in the post season.

And we wouldn't have been playing JT in the postseason by scheduling them, but you said we were "scared" and "tucked tail to 4A"... Oh, I forgot. You seem to have some idiotic misconception that teams that we beat during the season would whoop us in the playoffs. Yeah, like that 21-0 humiliation we dealt Lee... you said you'd have beat us had we met in the playoffs LOL Yeah right.

i never have been proved wrong time and time again. u keep bringing up that 21-0 loss by lee to longview like its some shrine. you must see lee as a top dominate foe,cause you are so surpprised and happy about that once in a lifetime score

Heck, the way you talk about DaDa Brown, saying he's the best runningback in the state, I'd think holding him to 0 points IS something to brag about. And it's not a once in a lifetime score; we beat Lee 35-7 in 05 which could have easily been 70-14 had we not called the dogs off at halftime when the score was 35-7. Heck, our RB fell asleep on the sidelines because beating Lee was so easy. But yeah, you talk like Lee is the best team in the state, so why shouldn't I relish in our beating you for the 6th time in a row?

. plus you wouldnt have beatin them late in the season when they were a better team. early in the season in 08 they were more of a mistake prone offense than they were later in the season.

Oh, and Longview wasn't a better team later in the season? Cause Longview were the ones bringing in about 16 new starters who would have likely gotten better over the course of the season. The fact is, they DIDN'T play later in the season, and Longview DID win in a shutout victory when they did play. You can argue till you're blue that Lee would have won later, but it's pathetic and I guess all that you can do since when they played, they lost.

longview had luck on their side to be playing such a weak defense 4a league last season. 4a had no defense. shucks almose all the playoff games were 35-31,65-52,and 43-38 and all that.

Oh? Cause Longview put up 41 on Texas High... You know, the same Texas High that beat John Tyler 42-14 with their pitiful defense? Playoff games that Sulphur Springs played might've had scores like that, but not Lake Travis or Longview.

longview has no defense,so that 21-0 score u held lee to was more of lee's fault,than anything longview did.

Longview has no defense? LOL They shut Lee out, dude. SHUT OUT. I think Lee crossed the 50 maybe once or twice all game long. The defense held Allen to 14 (7 of Allen's were special teams) points, Lufkin to 23 in regulation, Sulphur Springs (who averaged 42.93 points per game) to 13, Texas High (who put up 42 on John Tyler) to 7, etc. In the Waco Midway game, sure there were a few defensive breakdowns, but that was against who pollsters said was the best runningback in the state.

yall want keep them near 0,this season and lee dont give of big scores to often, so i suggest you figure out, plus i dont see you coming close with allen with what i saw at that scrimmage the other day.

The same scrimmage that you "saw" JT's starters outscore Longview's starters? Because both newspapers (Tyler's and Longview's) said that the starters were dead even. So apparently you weren't paying too good attention to what was going on, so I don't mind if you don't see us coming close to Allen.

yall wouldnt have beatin JT in a regular season game,so u should be glad u not playing them. its one less for sure loss. you are already headed to a 0-2 start. why would yall want to go 0-3 withall this negative talk about the #0?

Oh, here we go with the "you wouldn't have beaten them later" talk that you always love to throw out whenever we dominate teams and you magically think they will get better later on AFTER Longview beats them...

Aggies2009
08-27-2009, 08:58 AM
man just save your breath. you dont have to argue with them.i mean, like i said who that far up 31 can say anything about being scared to play somebody. no one is gonna erase a game that already have been scheduled just to play them.all this running they doing, its hard enough getting games as it is. rush aint got time to be scheduling longview and they tuck tail and run and play in a smaller classification. they had JT every year, so they should have thought about that b4 those students start miraculiously dissapearing and reappearaing.:rolleyes:

All the running we're doing made it hard to schedule games? I guess the fact that we've scheduled (and beaten) nationally top-ranked teams year in and year out eludes you, huh? Not to mention we still play Lee, Allen, and Lufkin? And here again, you feel the need to embarrass yourself by saying we intentionally ran to 4A when here are the facts:

1. We turned in our numbers BEFORE the UIL made the cutoff for what would be 4A. We had no clue what they were going to say was the requirement for 5A, so it's not like we could cheat and pull ourselves down to a number... For all we knew we were still in 5A

2. We petitioned to play up in 5A but it got denied. For a team that is supposedly scared and trying to swindle a title, wouldn't we have just left it alone and not risked going back up into 5A?

3. The UIL has found nothing wrong, and they're the governing body. You're the only one who is crying about it, but the UIL proves you wrong, and they have a LOT more credibility than someone like you.

4. We turned in those numbers at the end of a school year. By then, many kids had probably dropped out as they do every year. Starting the next school year, a lot of new freshmen joined, and that's why there was a bigger number then; because they hadn't dropped out yet which raised our numbers to 2,300. I'm sure that by the end of the year, we were back down to around 2,000 after some of the upper-classmen and whatnot dropped out. It's not that difficult to see except to idiots.

Rapture
08-27-2009, 12:10 PM
you sure like hearing yourself talk, don't you rapture?
you can tell when somebody dont have anythink else better to do with their time when they use thier very first post buttin in somebody elses buisness. to get some attention torward them

Rapture
08-27-2009, 12:25 PM
All the running we're doing made it hard to schedule games? I guess the fact that we've scheduled (and beaten) nationally top-ranked teams year in and year out eludes you, huh? Not to mention we still play Lee, Allen, and Lufkin? And here again, you feel the need to embarrass yourself by saying we intentionally ran to 4A when here are the facts:

what national ranked teams have yall beat that was actually really worth a crap?:eek: anybody can beat those lausianna teams:cool: they aint nothiN. you want to play somebody play the miami teams or ohio or california teams or carilina. those teams out of lausianna aint got no buisness in no national ranking and yall know that. thats why they were on longview schedule , so they can beat a ranked team and boost their popularity.:eek: shuks, longview knew hose teams wherent crap inthe first place. almost all of texas top 25 could beat them.:rolleyes: SAVE THAT SIMPLE JACK BULLCRAP FOR SOMEBODY WHO DOESNT KNOW ANY BETTER

Aggies2009
08-27-2009, 12:27 PM
you can tell when somebody dont have anythink else better to do with their time when they use thier very first post buttin in somebody elses buisness. to get some attention torward them

Better than using a thousand posts to make themselves look dumb like you're doing.

Oh, and I bet he can spell the words "anything", "their", "toward", and "business". :rolleyes:

Aggies2009
08-27-2009, 12:29 PM
what national ranked teams have yall beat that was actually really worth a crap?:eek: anybody can beat those lausianna teams:cool: they aint nothid. you want to play somebody play the miami teams or ohio or california teams or carilina. those teams out of lausianna aint got no buisness in no national ranking and yall know tat. thats why they were on longview schedule , so they can beat a ranked team and boost their popularity.:eek: shuut, longview knew hose teams wherent crap inthe first place. almost all of texas top 25 could beat them.:rolleyes: SAVE THAT SIMPLE JACK BULLCRAP FOR SOMEBODY WHO DOESNT KNOW ANY BETTER

Apparently you don't know any better. Those teams were ranked and many finished the year as state champs and STILL nationally ranked. I know for fact Evangel in 2002 and 2003 did. I'll take the opinions of people who write about sports for a living over someone like you who makes ridiculous claims that continually get shot down time and time again.

And once again you make an ignorant claim trying to say why exactly we schedule those teams, thinking it's to make ourselves look good. The reality is, our coaching staff all (but a few) came from Louisiana and they have many friends who coach those nationally ranked teams. Do you TRY to make yourself look dumb, or do you just have a tendency to throw out dumb claims like "Longview cheated to go to 4A to win a title" or "We woulda beat you later in the year despite you beating us by 3TDs earlier" or "Longview schedules overrated teams even though pollsters who write about sports for a living say they're the best"?

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-27-2009, 12:31 PM
:notworthyLeave it to the good ole boys from East Texas to provide some good entertainment this time of year. If it ain't y'all, it's the Ennis, Waxahachie and Corsicana folks!:notworthy

Rapture
08-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Better than using a thousand posts to make themselves look dumb like you're doing.

Oh, and I bet he can spell the words "anything", "their", "toward", and "business". :rolleyes:
oh thanks i didnt realize i made my 1000 post;) and on the other hand u just worry about your 3 day vacation ur about to get:D

Aggies2009
08-27-2009, 12:38 PM
oh thanks i didnt realize i made my 1000 post;) and on the other hand u just worry about your 3 day vacation ur about to get:D

I never agreed to shorten it. We made a deal on a month and I'm sticking to it. Don't get scared now at the 11th hour.

ROD LEE
08-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Good, then that may have been the reason. Nobody (other than one) insinuated it was because they are scared, just that they turned down a game. Whether it be for travel reasons, because they were scared, because they had a full schedule by the time Longview asked, etc. Don't get mad because ONE Lobo fan said that they were scared, the rest of us really wanted to know why they turned down a game because we enjoy playing Cujo.I responded prior to the "scared" excuse being posted and I responded to that with the question, "of what?".The topic wasn't presented as a question to JT by the original poster, it was stated as a fact that we didn't WANT to play so I asked the question why would we NOT want to play longview? and still NO answer. The Lobo side seems to know ALL the facts about this mysterious refusal but suddenly they don't know why. When I said it was possibly due to a prior agreement a Lobo swiftly objected and started talking about UIL violations, of all the people. My next questions are, why would Longview even want to play someone they've owned for the last nine or so meetings? Does it give the Lobo's pleasure beating up on the weakling? What's the big deal about playing a team, as stated by another Lobo, who has far less winning tradition?

Rapture
08-27-2009, 03:36 PM
I never agreed to shorten it. We made a deal on a month and I'm sticking to it. Don't get scared now at the 11th hour.
why ar you betting on lfkin anyway. why cant you bet tat bet when we play longview. i want to shorten it though. that wold be tocherous for somebody to be gone that longv and have so much to say. shorten the bet take it or leave it!

Aggies2009
08-27-2009, 03:59 PM
I responded prior to the "scared" excuse being posted and I responded to that with the question, "of what?".The topic wasn't presented as a question to JT by the original poster, it was stated as a fact that we didn't WANT to play so I asked the question why would we NOT want to play longview? and still NO answer. The Lobo side seems to know ALL the facts about this mysterious refusal but suddenly they don't know why. When I said it was possibly due to a prior agreement a Lobo swiftly objected and started talking about UIL violations, of all the people. My next questions are, why would Longview even want to play someone they've owned for the last nine or so meetings? Does it give the Lobo's pleasure beating up on the weakling? What's the big deal about playing a team, as stated by another Lobo, who has far less winning tradition?

No no. LoboFan07 never claimed JT was scared, I never claimed they were scared. wolf something or another73 said they were scared. I never agreed with it, especially since JT plays good teams like Texas High and Copperas Cover every year...

Someone threw it out there that JT had scheduled a game long before that, but LoboFan07 here again said that they couldn't have scheduled it TOO long before we asked because it would have been a rules violation.

And there are PLENTY of reasons to play JT. First of all, they're better than whatever team we're playing (Shreveport Christian?) in their place. Second of all, it is an ooooold rivalry and one that has been great over the years. Why not keep it going?

Aggies2009
08-27-2009, 04:01 PM
why ar you betting on lfkin anyway. why cant you bet tat bet when we play longview. i want to shorten it though. that wold be tocherous for somebody to be gone that longv and have so much to say. shorten the bet take it or leave it!

Haha, I knew you would chicken out, and now everyone will see that you can't live up to your word.

Rapture
08-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Haha, I knew you would chicken out, and now everyone will see that you can't live up to your word.
i aint chicken out pf nothin. its just a month is to long. the season is to short for that type of bet. i dont think lee will lose to neither lufkin or longview. i jjust want to shortin the bet.

wolfpack4life
08-27-2009, 08:16 PM

:rolleyes:...this has to be the most idiotic post i have ever seen...why would we run away from 5a? I mean we where a 5a powerhouse..in case you didnt know. I guess your just jealous because lee can never be 1..:D

Aggies2009
08-27-2009, 08:24 PM
:rolleyes:...this has to be the most idiotic post i have ever seen...why would we run away from 5a? I mean we where a 5a powerhouse..in case you didnt know. I guess your just jealous because lee can never be 1..:D

No need to respond to those allegations; I already smashed them...

ROD LEE
08-27-2009, 09:07 PM
No no. LoboFan07 never claimed JT was scared, I never claimed they were scared. wolf something or another73 said they were scared. I never agreed with it, especially since JT plays good teams like Texas High and Copperas Cover every year...

Someone threw it out there that JT had scheduled a game long before that, but LoboFan07 here again said that they couldn't have scheduled it TOO long before we asked because it would have been a rules violation.

And there are PLENTY of reasons to play JT. First of all, they're better than whatever team we're playing (Shreveport Christian?) in their place. Second of all, it is an ooooold rivalry and one that has been great over the years. Why not keep it going?I'm passed the scared accusation because we ALL know that's not it. I'm still waiting on a factual answer from the Lobo faithful, WHY WOULD JT REFUSE TO PLAY LONGVIEW with an open schedule????????????????? Give me ONE good reason. I'm starting to believe, this was just another randomly thrown out Lobo OPINION to counter the results of the scrimmage.

LoboFan07
08-27-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm still waiting on a factual answer from the Lobo faithful, WHY WOULD JT REFUSE TO PLAY LONGVIEW with an open schedule?????????????????

Would you honestly even believe us if it was the truth? No. You would call it a Lobo opinion.

I know about as much what happened 5 minutes after alignment as you do. We can both throw out why it happened or not, but in the end, it will be an opinion.

Neither of us, or anyone else, will ever find out why the game was turned into a scrimmage. But it was. You should go interview both ADs to get the full story if you want it that bad.

The 09 season is starting tomorrow and that's the only thing that should matter at the moment.

ROD LEE
08-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Would you honestly even believe us if it was the truth? No. You would call it a Lobo opinion.

I know about as much what happened 5 minutes after alignment as you do. We can both throw out why it happened or not, but in the end, it will be an opinion.

Neither of us, or anyone else, will ever find out why the game was turned into a scrimmage. But it was. You should go interview both ADs to get the full story if you want it that bad.

The 09 season is starting tomorrow and that's the only thing that should matter at the moment.Who bought this to the board? You. Now you want to crawfish and say, "I don't know what happen" but you were all gungho to type out "JT refused an offer to play longview says our AD", like it was a fact. Next time do more research and come up with the facts, until then leave it alone. The next time I WONT be so nice. :cool:

LoboFan07
08-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Who bought this to the board? You. Now you want to crawfish and say, "I don't know what happen" but you were all gungho to type out "JT refused an offer to play longview says our AD", like it was a fact. Next time do more research and come up with the facts, until then leave it alone. The next time I WONT be so nice. :cool:

First off, I didn't bring it into this thread. I simply told you what he was referencing.

Second, even if I know what happened you wouldn't believe me because your mind is set on saying that the Lions would never be scared to play a team (I guess not even a team that's beaten your own 9 consecutive times).

I didn't report it in the papers. I didn't talk to the coach. I didn't talk to the ADs. If you want to complain and moan to someone about the story, go back to the Longview News-Journal sports writer and complain to him. He was the one who wrote it in our paper and quoted our AD.

I won't do more research about the issue, but it isn't an issue to me. All I know for a fact, is that Longview contacted John Tyler for a regular season game and thought that it was going to go through. Whether something changed at the last minute or something else, I don't know. I'm not the AD or the coach or anything else involved in the school. The game didn't happen and that's all that matters.

My team has proven they will play anyone, anywhere, at anytime. If you think other wise, please try. I will have a fun time showing you that you're incorrect. I more than wish that John Tyler was willing to schedule Longview, but it wasn't to be.

Those are my thoughts. I have a bigger fish to fry than Cujo at the moment. Congrats on looking well in the scrimmage against us.

MANUP2009
08-28-2009, 12:59 AM

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa you can also tell when someone doesn't know what they are talking about and that is you. i have read threads on this forum for almost a year now and i finally decided to actually join and get into the mix. and why not use my first post to ask a simple question?

all on this thread you have made yourself look like a complete idiot by running your mouth. you ramble about how the lobos will go 0-2. you should worry about your own tyler lee red raiders going 0-2. for the past what 6 or 7 yrs the lobos have owned lee. we beat yall when yall won state so what makes you think lee will beat longview this year or even the year after that. do yall have another state championship caliber team this yr? i doubt it. you better hope all of our starters come down with something becasue the lobos will be victorious once again over your raiders. also you talk about how aggie2009 boasts about the 21-0 victory over yall last year. well he can boast about that and i will boast about the time we made yall look stupid on tv, remember that game?

i aint chicken out pf nothin. its just a month is to long. the season is to short for that type of bet. i dont think lee will lose to neither lufkin or longview. i jjust want to shortin the bet.

:laugh you best rethink that idea about lee beating lufkin or longview.

aight well this is post #2 for me so what kind of criticism do you have for me now?

Rapture
08-28-2009, 06:18 AM
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa you can also tell when someone doesn't know what they are talking about and that is you. i have read threads on this forum for almost a year now and i finally decided to actually join and get into the mix. and why not use my first post to ask a simple question?

all on this thread you have made yourself look like a complete idiot by running your mouth. you ramble about how the lobos will go 0-2. you should worry about your own tyler lee red raiders going 0-2. for the past what 6 or 7 yrs the lobos have owned lee. we beat yall when yall won state so what makes you think lee will beat longview this year or even the year after that. do yall have another state championship caliber team this yr? i doubt it. you better hope all of our starters come down with something becasue the lobos will be victorious once again over your raiders. also you talk about how aggie2009 boasts about the 21-0 victory over yall last year. well he can boast about that and i will boast about the time we made yall look stupid on tv, remember that game?

:laugh you best rethink that idea about lee beating lufkin or longview.

aight well this is post #2 for me so what kind of criticism do you have for me now?
for yo info yall aint owned us no past 6-7 years u need to geT that crap corrected.the year yall beat us when we won state the refs cheated big time. yall aint done nothin but beat lee. be happy about that. u want win this year. we will beat lufkin and yall. so will jt and they already took u to school in the scrimmage

LoboFan07
08-28-2009, 06:25 AM
you ramble about how the lobos will go 0-2.

Which is pretty freakin funny considering...the Lobos haven't started a season 0-2 since 1963.

Aggies2009
08-28-2009, 07:54 AM
for yo info yall aint owned us no past 6-7 years u need to geT that crap corrected.the year yall beat us when we won state the refs cheated big time. yall aint done nothin but beat lee. be happy about that. u want win this year. we will beat lufkin and yall. so will jt and they already took u to school in the scrimmage

Now I KNOW you're just plain stupid. JT took us to school in a scrimmage? The starters playing to a tie (when we had our star RB and middle linebacker out) is getting taken to school? Yeah, good try.

And how did the refs cheat? Good teams overcome refs. You keep crying about refs, but a few of those games were at Rose Stadium. Like the one where we humiliated Lee in front of everyone in the nation on TV? Yeah, that one was at Rose... And I'd hate to think your officials are cheating for us. And yeah, when you beat a team 6 times in a row, you're pretty much owning them. Or 7 of the last 8...

LoboFan07
08-28-2009, 10:25 AM
bigred&cujo (or whatever he wants to call himself) is not worth the time of typing out a come back. We've had to deal with him the past 3 years and it isn't going to change any time soon.

The fact is, Longview has completely dominated the Tyler ISD when it comes to the football field since 2001.

Longview has won 9 straight against John Tyler and 6 straight against Tyler Lee. Meaning, since 2001, Longview has won 16 out of the 19 games they've played against the TISD. And no school from the TISD has beaten the Lobos since the 03 loss.

But of course, that's not domination. :rolleyes:

ROD LEE
08-28-2009, 11:13 AM
First off, I didn't bring it into this thread. I simply told you what he was referencing.

Second, even if I know what happened you wouldn't believe me because your mind is set on saying that the Lions would never be scared to play a team (I guess not even a team that's beaten your own 9 consecutive times).

I didn't report it in the papers. I didn't talk to the coach. I didn't talk to the ADs. If you want to complain and moan to someone about the story, go back to the Longview News-Journal sports writer and complain to him. He was the one who wrote it in our paper and quoted our AD.

I won't do more research about the issue, but it isn't an issue to me. All I know for a fact, is that Longview contacted John Tyler for a regular season game and thought that it was going to go through. Whether something changed at the last minute or something else, I don't know. I'm not the AD or the coach or anything else involved in the school. The game didn't happen and that's all that matters.

My team has proven they will play anyone, anywhere, at anytime. If you think other wise, please try. I will have a fun time showing you that you're incorrect. I more than wish that John Tyler was willing to schedule Longview, but it wasn't to be.

Those are my thoughts. I have a bigger fish to fry than Cujo at the moment. Congrats on looking well in the scrimmage against us.

John Tyler refused to play Longview in a regular season game after realignment came up.

Edit: Y'all play Arlington Lamar in the week that was originally planned for us to meet.

These are the two post by you that I responded to the most. The "scared" posts I had no prior comment for but the "refusal confirmed by the AD" is what got me asking questions. Then you back up your belief with the Arlington Lamar game. Then you talk about how difficult it was for Longview to find a 3rd week game, putting it all together like it was our fault. I know you don't know what happened but like I said your so quick to put all this hearsay out. Did your paper say what happened, No. It's all a hype move to give some inspiration to your Lobos after the scrimmage, "JT didn't want to play us in a real game". What does matter is your attempt to smear the portrait of truth. It would have been simplier to initially say what your saying now, "The game didn't happen and that's all that matters.", but no you had all these "refusal" sources to reference but known of then states why. I have the facts now and it ain't pretty.

LoboFan07
08-28-2009, 11:51 AM
These are the two post by you that I responded to the most. The "scared" posts I had no prior comment for but the "refusal confirmed by the AD" is what got me asking questions. Then you back up your belief with the Arlington Lamar game. Then you talk about how difficult it was for Longview to find a 3rd week game, putting it all together like it was our fault. I know you don't know what happened but like I said your so quick to put all this hearsay out. Did your paper say what happened, No. It's all a hype move to give some inspiration to your Lobos after the scrimmage, "JT didn't want to play us in a real game". What does matter is your attempt to smear the portrait of truth. It would have been simplier to initially say what your saying now, "The game didn't happen and that's all that matters.", but no you had all these "refusal" sources to reference but known of then states why. I have the facts now and it ain't pretty.

The only statement I made about the Lamar game, was just stating who you guys were now playing in that week.

All I was doing, was simply address what the scared comment meant. That's it. I wasn't even responding to one of your posts, but 99cujo asked for an explanation on what wolfpack4life was meaning. All I did was explain what he meant, and what was the word around the Lobo fans.

This news was posted well before the season, around maybe May or June of 2008. So obviously I can't go back and look up all the specific details for you like you would wish. It wasn't even the first time we had talked about JT refusing to play Longview. It had been mentioned and talked about several times on the 5A part of this board before this time.

Maybe there was a solid excuse as to why JT refused the game back in that article. I don't know. I can't look that back up. I'm sorry that I'm not mr. remember everything. You obviously think you have your theories about what happened, and aren't going to believe ours. Just like I doubt any Longview will believe your theories. And that's all they are at this point..

But let it be known..I never said that John Tyler was the sole reason for us having a tough time finding a 3rd week game. We contacted several teams, including Lake Travis, that declined. Simple as that. Good luck against Texas High.

Aggies2009
08-28-2009, 12:18 PM
The only statement I made about the Lamar game, was just stating who you guys were now playing in that week.

All I was doing, was simply address what the scared comment meant. That's it. I wasn't even responding to one of your posts, but 99cujo asked for an explanation on what wolfpack4life was meaning. All I did was explain what he meant, and what was the word around the Lobo fans.

This news was posted well before the season, around maybe May or June of 2008. So obviously I can't go back and look up all the specific details for you like you would wish. It wasn't even the first time we had talked about JT refusing to play Longview. It had been mentioned and talked about several times on the 5A part of this board before this time.

Maybe there was a solid excuse as to why JT refused the game back in that article. I don't know. I can't look that back up. I'm sorry that I'm not mr. remember everything. You obviously think you have your theories about what happened, and aren't going to believe ours. Just like I doubt any Longview will believe your theories. And that's all they are at this point..

But let it be known..I never said that John Tyler was the sole reason for us having a tough time finding a 3rd week game. We contacted several teams, including Lake Travis, that declined. Simple as that. Good luck against Texas High.
Exactly! Only one Lobo fan (who I don't even know) insinuated that JT was scared. All you said was that JT refused a game which is true for whatever reason; whether it be scheduling conflicts or what. I don't know why he's getting so paranoid. Mesquite wanted a game with us but we already had games when they were open.

ROD LEE
08-28-2009, 03:12 PM
I realize you guys have no clue. Doesn't it seem strange Lufkin scheduled to play both TyLee and JT in the classic. Longview plays TyLee this year, what happened to Longview/JT last year for Week zero for the classic? Longview WILL beat Allen so there's no need to wish them luck. If they don't then I'll eat that crow.

Rapture
08-28-2009, 04:12 PM
I realize you guys have no clue. Doesn't it seem strange Lufkin scheduled to play both TyLee and JT in the classic. Longview plays TyLee this year, what happened to Longview/JT last year for Week zero for the classic? Longview WILL beat Allen so there's no need to wish them luck. If they don't then I'll eat that crow.
i think u better get ready for some crow bra:o

LoboFan07
08-28-2009, 11:30 PM

Ready to eat some Rapture...for both the Longview score and Lee score? :)

ROD LEE
08-29-2009, 02:28 AM
i think u better get ready for some crow bra:oThere was no way Allen was going to win this game. 5A is even more wide open this year than last year. The 5A title is sitting there for the taking.

Aggies2009
08-29-2009, 03:51 AM
There was no way Allen was going to win this game. 5A is even more wide open this year than last year. The 5A title is sitting there for the taking.

After hearing JT beat the ever living crap out of THigh, I think they may be poised to do some big things this year.

Aggies2009
08-29-2009, 03:52 AM

Even though you backed out of the month-long absence and it's only till Tuesday, HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN

MANUP2009
08-29-2009, 07:49 AM

:laugh aight i will use another name for it then. the lobos have DOMINATED lee for the past 6-7 yrs. so im guessing that the refs also cheated at the lee vs lufkin game last night?

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-29-2009, 08:41 AM
After hearing JT beat the ever living crap out of THigh, I think they may be poised to do some big things this year.

I've been screaming about JT being a sleeper for a good while now. What was the final score of that JT/Texas High game?

Rapture
08-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Even though you backed out of the month-long absence and it's only till Tuesday, HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN
bullcrap you didnt agree it remember/ i aint going no where are you?:eek:

wolfpack4life
08-29-2009, 09:16 AM
Sooo...how did dada do against lufkin last night rapture?:eek::ninja:

Aggies2009
08-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Sooo...how did dada do against lufkin last night rapture?:eek::ninja:

They choked just as everyone predicted.

Oh, and Rapture, what do you call this?

http://www.5atexasfootball.com/forum/vb/showpost.php?p=1270487&postcount=12

After I challenge you to a bet, you seem to be accepting it.

"cool,but if lee wins by 14 or more, u need to admit lee is just the better talented team ok?PLUS DONT POST FOR A MONTH"

Oh, right... I forgot. You lost your confidence and Lee and were crying and trying to go back on it. I guess you were justified in losing your confidence in Lee; they lose by 2 TDs haha.

CO99JTHS
08-29-2009, 10:07 AM
The JT offense is 'unreal'. Wow. That is all. Oh yea, and I seen the LV win over Allen from a mile away. Who really thought Allen would go to LV and beat them in the first game of the season? Maybe in Dallas, never in LV.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-29-2009, 10:16 AM
The JT offense is 'unreal'. Wow. That is all. Oh yea, and I seen the LV win over Allen from a mile away. Who really thought Allen would go to LV and beat them in the first game of the season? Maybe in Dallas, never in LV.

I had to flip a coin for my prediction about the Allen/Longview game. Longview hasn't lost at home in years but, I figured that if anyone did beat them at home, it could've been Allen. The Lobos got a well deserved win last night.:notworthy

As for JT, do y'all play DeSoto in DeSoto, or in Tyler this year?

ROD LEE
08-29-2009, 10:34 AM
I've been screaming about JT being a sleeper for a good while now. What was the final score of that JT/Texas High game?The final was 41-17 but Sorenson and Sutton kept it too close for comfort until late in the game.

CO99JTHS
08-29-2009, 10:39 AM
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure we get Desoto here this year. And yes, the QB from Texas High is the real deal, he's just not surrounded by as much talent as in years past. Hopefully, this win is a confidence builder for JT. I'm actually looking forward to playing LP next week. It should be a good one.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-29-2009, 10:45 AM
The final was 41-17 but Sorenson and Sutton kept it too close for comfort until late in the game.

Thanks!

Sutton? I wonder if he's any kin to the Sutton that played on that '02 Texas High team. That team was rediculous!

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-29-2009, 10:47 AM
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure we get Desoto here this year. And yes, the QB from Texas High is the real deal, he's just not surrounded by as much talent as in years past. Hopefully, this win is a confidence builder for JT. I'm actually looking forward to playing LP next week. It should be a good one.

Thanks! I was asking about the DeSoto game because, I really want to see that game. IMO, the DeSoto/JT game will determine the district championship.

ROD LEE
08-29-2009, 11:01 AM
DeSoto comes to TMFRS but it won't change the outcome from last season if we make the same mistakes we made against an inexperienced TH team. Lufkin is going to punch our ticket again if we don't get focused this week in practice.

ROD LEE
08-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks!

Sutton? I wonder if he's any kin to the Sutton that played on that '02 Texas High team. That team was rediculous!He's name was Corey and I want to say they are brothers.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-29-2009, 11:07 AM
He's name was Corey and I want to say they are brothers.

Oh, okay! That older Sutton put in work for that '02 Texas High team. What they did to Kimball should be against the law!:eek: One of the best teams that I've ever seen.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-29-2009, 11:09 AM
DeSoto comes to TMFRS but it won't change the outcome from last season if we make the same mistakes we made against an inexperienced TH team. Lufkin is going to punch our ticket again if we don't get focused this week in practice.

Well, as the season goes, I think that the Lions will get better, just as they did last year. I got the Lions going atleast 3 rounds deep.