PDA

View Full Version : **Official Beaumont West Brook Bruins thread**

Lil'Bruin
08-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Ok, y'all know how these threads work. How bout dem Bruins?

mossad
08-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Uh ohh, how those bruins looking? Are yall looking forward to another renatch with Dickinson? What a game right? Hows this year squad looking on offense and defense?

Allstarkaw
08-16-2009, 07:03 PM
:notworthy
You Have To Have a Fan Base To Do These Types Of Things.

Magellan
08-17-2009, 11:30 AM
We'll know what sort of team they have after non-district. They have a good mix on the non-district slate.

FP Trojan79
08-17-2009, 12:30 PM

LOL...didn't know you had a fan base, although i played for the school back in the 70s... it was Forest Park and now that it is westbrook i really don't have any ties to it anymore.... i do wish them the best of luck in thier district though... i mean it was home at one time... but now i live in Katy and have for 22 years and my son goes to Katy High...so good luck with that games as well :D

Mr. Rod
08-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Yo!! :cool:

Magellan
08-18-2009, 06:46 AM
LOL...didn't know you had a fan base, although i played for the school back in the 70s... it was Forest Park and now that it is westbrook i really don't have any ties to it anymore.... i do wish them the best of luck in thier district though... i mean it was home at one time... but now i live in Katy and have for 22 years and my son goes to Katy High...so good luck with that games as well :D

Forest Park became West Brook? Wow! Does anyone know? :p

Happy Thirtieth Reunion.

FP Trojan79
08-18-2009, 07:36 AM
Forest Park became West Brook? Wow! Does anyone know? :p

Happy Thirtieth Reunion.

Thank you my good man, Yeah they changed the name i believe in 81 and then won state in 82 i believe and the fullback for Westbrook at the time if i'm correct was Jerry Ball...http://www.cusa-fans.com/articles/cusa-football-2009/smu-spring-football_071709.html.... back in my day we played a team much like katy in dominance..and that was Port Neches Groves....anyway i have to take my meds this morning and stop traveling down memory road....thank you once again for reminding me of my thirtieth and of just how old i really am :(

Lil'Bruin
09-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Uh ohh, how those bruins looking? Are yall looking forward to another renatch with Dickinson? What a game right? Hows this year squad looking on offense and defense?

A rematch with Dickinson sounds pretty good, but we'll have to see later on in the season whther or not if that'll be a possibility. ;)

Offensively, we're lacking a bit of firepower but 3 out of the 5 starters on our o-line are soph. However, they're doing petty well. Defense is our backbone and I think that's what will keep us in many games.

:notworthy
You Have To Have a Fan Base To Do These Types Of Things.

:(:(:(They're around here they just don't post much....

82 5A State Champs
09-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah, we're here. Just sitting back and scoping out the competition. LOL! As the last poster said, we are very young and dont have the offensive firepower that we've had in year past, as most of our starters on offense and defense are juniors and a few sophs. Defensively, we are a very fast, hard hitting unit that is pretty solid. Need to get the offense to catch up. Next year is gonna be a really good year for us.:D

dada
09-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Wonder how Katy is gonna get out of this matchup again....they always find a way to duck Westbrook.:D

85Roughneck
09-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Wonder how Katy is gonna get out of this matchup again....they always find a way to duck Westbrook.:D

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

... actually, I hope Katy keeps BWB in the mix. since they are so young, they will get better and the level of competition they bring will raise as well. This will in turn help prepare Katy for a deep run every year, which, in the end, is the yearly plan. right? ;)

patitan
10-01-2009, 05:22 PM
looks like "da brook" gets to be the whoopin stick again in district. PAM is the second best under da sho,which imo is suspect. (losing 20-7 at the end of one qtr to a undersized and undermanned small 4a school that was full of soph and juniors.)

Lil'Bruin
11-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Damn...I'm too lazy to log in. Congrats on the win. The "experts" had us finishing between 2nd-4th. We were supposed to barely make the playoffs and get eliminated in the first round. They said we were supposed to get merced. We WERE NOT and I repeat WERE NOT supposed to win this many games. I remember many were saying we would be lucky to make the playoffs when we were 2-3 and we had lost 3 straight.

BUT that's why you play football. Best of luck to all of 21-5A and may you represent us well.

mossad
11-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Beaumont Westbrook Looking good! Yall turned it on late in the season, I dont think we are on the same bracket but i would love a rematch against you guys. Im hearing some good stuff about you guys and your young team. good luck to you guys on the upcoming season.

Lil'Bruin
11-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Awesome win, defense played great and knocked off some of DP's helmets a few times and Offense was clicking. Now time to focus on Hightower.

Mr. Rod
11-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Awesome win, defense played great and knocked off some of DP's helmets a few times and Offense was clicking. Now time to focus on Hightower.

That's gonna be a tough task, but I'm pulling for you guys. See ya Saturday!

westend1
11-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Bruins will play hard to the end. They don't quit.

TX5AFanatic
11-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Well congratulations Bruins, yall deserved the victory today. Good luck in Round 3!

Bruinmom
11-22-2009, 08:28 PM
got room for one more?

Big Time Bruin
11-23-2009, 01:05 PM
B-R-U-INS, Bruins, Bruins, yes yes yes!!!

Come on Bruins focus on Cinco Ranch and get another victory.

Bruinmom
02-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Is it August yet?:)

The GOAT
02-16-2010, 03:16 PM
I'll take spring football at this point!

mossad
05-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Gator Bait :laugh

Bruinmom
06-22-2010, 03:18 PM
apéritif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFSxyejtkMY
:heli:

Big Daddy Cool
10-02-2010, 06:52 PM
One thing I've learned about those Bruins parents they sure know how to throw a awesome tailgate. The pulled pork and the boudin be off the hizzy.

Lil'Bruin
11-02-2010, 08:26 PM
B-r-u-i-n-s bruins! Bruins!! Yes! Yes! Yes!