PDA

View Full Version : Non-District Schedules - who has the toughest

artist58
08-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Anyone out there playing a tougher non-district schedule than my Cooper Cougars?

OD Wyatt - won 33-0 last year
Boswell - won 42-21 (they played Guyer great in bi-district)
5A Abilene High - lost 13 - 20 Great game with a chance to score late
5A Garland - Lost but led 14 -3 going into the 4th
5A Hebron - Lost in overtime

those non-district games really showed our guys what we have. I like the idea of playing good teams. Coach Spradlin really feels it gets our guys ready for district and a playoff run. Playing 5A programs, and danged good ones at that, has to get you ready.

Tough, tough schedule though. We were 8-5 a year ago, with our 5 losses coming to teams with a combined 55-10 record. Our other two besides the three 5A teams were to Frenship (13-1) and Guyer (12-3)

Favpack
08-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Lufkin plays
Tyler Lee
John Tyler
Mesquite
Longview
Nacogdoches

Not brutal, but pretty tough. Nothing compared to some teams like North Shore though.

LoboFan07
08-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Longview has
Allen
Tyler Lee
Lufkin

Then a throw away game (Nat Central has won a game in 2 years).

Rapture
08-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Tyler lee vs lufkin,longview,abeline and flower mound marcus

33Blood
08-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Trinity has a pretty formidable one, on paper anyway. The Utah team remains to be seen, but Cedar Hill and Allen are for real.

lobo1982
08-16-2009, 01:41 AM
Tyler lee vs lufkin,longview,abeline and flower mound marcus

Dang 0-4 to start district.

lobo1982
08-16-2009, 01:43 AM
Longview has
Allen
Tyler Lee
Lufkin

I am thinking 3-1 for Longview. Will go 6-0 in district. Will lose to Lufkin.

Rapture
08-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Dang 0-4 to start district.
u love makin me hot dont u big boy:o:D:rolleyes: . stop hatin and jump on da band wagon

Rapture
08-16-2009, 10:47 AM
I am thinking 3-1 for Longview. Will go 6-0 in district. Will lose to Lufkin.
then u mean u will be 500.@ 2-2 cause lee ......... awhhhhhh i give up. bring it on hot dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

supercentex
08-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Waco has 5A's Belton, Copperas Cove and Round Rock Stony Point.

LP-79
08-16-2009, 06:28 PM
then u mean u will be 500.@ 2-2 cause lee ......... awhhhhhh i give up. bring it on hot dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You learning BigRed! Quit argueing with people who actually study High school football.

wolfpack4life
08-16-2009, 06:44 PM
i am thinking 3-1 for longview. Will go 6-0 in district. Will lose to lufkin.
4-0

Rapture
08-16-2009, 10:03 PM
You learning BigRed! Quit argueing with people who actually study High school football.
what eva LP. you know im knowingest as it gets;)

SLC
08-17-2009, 03:26 AM
Longview has
Allen
Tyler Lee
Lufkin

In respects to this 4A board, I'd have to say thats the toughest I've seen yet. It'll be 3-1 or 4-0 for the Lobo's in non district, then undefeated the rest of the way.

LPack007
08-17-2009, 03:55 AM
3-1

;)..

But out of the 4A teams, Longview Imo has the toughest schedule with Allen at Home, Lufkin at Abe and the great Dada on the road.:rolleyes:

clemensbuff
08-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Longview has
Allen
Tyler Lee
Lufkin

:eek: Holy :Censor:, it doesn't get much tougher then that!

Steele is playing 3 - 5a schools in non-district but they don't quite compare to the 3 LV is playing!

Steele has

SA East Central
SA Stephens
SA Southwest

clemensbuff
08-17-2009, 08:31 AM
In respects to this 4A board, I'd have to say thats the toughest I've seen yet. It'll be 3-1 or 4-0 for the Lobo's in non district, then undefeated the rest of the way.

Hopefully undefeated until the Championship game! :D:notworthy

If LV comes out of that with 3 wins, they are certainly all they are cracked up to be!!!!

artist58
08-17-2009, 10:41 PM
;)..

But out of the 4A teams, Longview Imo has the toughest schedule with Allen at Home, Lufkin at Abe and the great Dada on the road.:rolleyes:

I was kind of referring to 4A schedules. Have to agree that Longview's is tough, but Cooper's isn't too shabby either. Both play real tough 5A's.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Waco has 5A's Belton, Copperas Cove and Round Rock Stony Point.

The Waco Lions and Longview Lobos aren't afraid to play anybody, anywhere.

Longview has Allen (5A-D1 state champ), Tyler Lee (usual playoff team), Lufkin (always tough). Waco has Stony Point (5A-D1 semifinalist), Copperas Cove (5A-D2 state semifinalist), and Belton (solid).

I'd say that Longview and Waco High probably have the toughest non district schedules.

SLC
08-17-2009, 11:09 PM
I was kind of referring to 4A schedules. Have to agree that Longview's is tough, but Cooper's isn't too shabby either. Both play real tough 5A's.

No doubt...With Wyatt, Boswell, AHS and Garland they are right up there as well.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-17-2009, 11:10 PM
No doubt...With Wyatt, Boswell, AHS and Garland they are right up there as well.

Boswell will be tough this year, as will Abilene High and Garland.

Lately, you can't ever tell about Wyatt. The Chaps haven't had the teams that they had from the mid 90s to early this decade.

SLC
08-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Boswell will be tough this year, as will Abilene High and Garland.

Lately, you can't ever tell about Wyatt. The Chaps haven't had the teams that they had from the mid 90s to early this decade.

Yea I think Boswell can fight for the second spot in district with Birdville, they at least have the 3rd spot locked down cause I think the Porcupines are a solid 4th and we all know Aledo will again take the #1 slot in the 64.

Wyatt is a different story all together...They return some damn good offensive players, but defensively their likely to be run over by most of the other 9 teams in that big as$ district.:D

I really like Dunbar and Arlington Heights outta the 74.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Yea I think Boswell can fight for the second spot in district with Birdville, they at least have the 3rd spot locked down cause I think the Porcupines are a solid 4th and we all know Aledo will again take the #1 slot in the 64.

Wyatt is a different story all together...They return some damn good offensive players, but defensively their likely to be run over by most of the other 9 teams in that big as$ district.:D

I really like Dunbar and Arlington Heights outta the 74.

Agreed!

Dunbar and Heights will more than likely finish 1-2 in the 74 again. If the Wildcats new QB can equal what Rockwell did last year at QB, then the Wildcats will be even better. They've basically got everyone back on defense, led by LB Rashod Favors. On offense, we all know what Darius White is about but, Dominique Sanders will be back as well as quite a few other guys. I'm interested to see what this year's Abilene/Dunbar outcome will be.

Also, this MIGHT be the year that Trimble Tech gets back to the playoffs. I can definitely see them finishing second in the West Zone behind Dunbar. I got, either Wyatt or Eastern Hills finishing second behind Heights in the East Zone.

But, with the exception of Dunbar, I don't see any of them getting past the first round.

SLC
08-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Agreed!

Dunbar and Heights will more than likely finish 1-2 in the 74 again. If the Wildcats new QB can equal what Rockwell did last year at QB, then the Wildcats will be even better. They've basically got everyone back on defense, led by LB Rashod Favors. On offense, we all know what Darius White is about but, Dominique Sanders will be back as well as quite a few other guys. I'm interested to see what this year's Abilene/Dunbar outcome will be.

Also, this MIGHT be the year that Trimble Tech gets back to the playoffs. I can definitely see them finishing second in the West Zone behind Dunbar. I got, either Wyatt or Eastern Hills finishing second behind Heights in the East Zone.

But, with the exception of Dunbar, I don't see any of them getting past the first round.

Dunbar should be able to have a good showing against Abilene, not sure they can win it, but I'd expect them to play well though Abilene is tough at home it might not be close in the end.

I agree that Dunbar is the only likely team of the group to make it beyond the first round.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-18-2009, 12:11 AM
Dunbar should be able to have a good showing against Abilene, not sure they can win it, but I'd expect them to play well though Abilene is tough at home it might not be close in the end.

I agree that Dunbar is the only likely team of the group to make it beyond the first round.

Agreed! And, even them getting past the first round isn't guaranteed. But, I do like their chances of doing it. I feel sorry for the rest of the opponents after they play Abilene.:eek:

StormingCowboy
08-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Dallas Kimball---has Garland, Skyline, Tyler Lee

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-18-2009, 10:10 AM

Hmm! That's a tough one as well!

Allstarkaw
08-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Longview has
Allen
Tyler Lee
Lufkin

A Team With 4A Enrollment Playing 3 5A Playoff Bound Teams...

Toughest.

SLC
08-18-2009, 10:39 AM

Damn. Thats tough as well. Also three 5A teams.

SV61
08-18-2009, 10:43 AM
SV has no cake walk, starting with Wagner, an area Top Ten team this year.

THEN,

We got good ol Judson.

THEN, onto District.

:eek:

ken-in-rockwall
08-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Rockwall vs 5A schools for Pre-Season

@ Midland - Maybe
@ Allen - No freaking way
Rowlett - Maybe since 1st home game

Why do 4A think they need to play 5A?

clemensbuff
08-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Kerrville Tivy has:

Madison
Roosevelt
Wagner

This is a pretty tough task to play these 5a schools as they are all predicted to have playoff teams and be pretty dang solid this year.

grayowl60
08-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Kimball has allways had a tough non district schedule. Seems a few years back they haf Lee and Lufkin when both were top ten in 5A.

DragonFan0316
08-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Carrol has:

Plano West
Arlington
Houston Bellaire
Mesquite
GP North Shore

Than one of the toughest districts in the state.

biggolfdad
08-18-2009, 05:01 PM
;)..

Beware be very aware of the DADA.

Rupture will tell ya about it.

:rolleyes:

AHSeagles
08-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Beware be very aware of the DADA.

Rupture will tell ya about it.

:rolleyes:

Even ole golfdad is getting in on the greatness that is Dada Brown.:D;):notworthy

Ennis HS 76
08-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Ennis' non-district schedule includes Crosby, Lancaster, & Mesquite Horn. On paper, this may not make me poop in my pants but they will be tough enough for us.

But our toughest and most talented opponent we'll probably face all year is the Cedar Hill Longhorns this weekend in a scrimmage. I think this is our 6th consecutive year to scrimmage them. If I recall correctly, we clearly outplayed them the first two years. Then they turned the table on us the year they won a 5A state title ('06???) and been running over us ever since, though we closed the gap a little last year. It will be a great test for us again this year.

LPack007
08-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Even ole golfdad is getting in on the greatness that is Dada Brown.:D;):notworthy

;)

CCDawgs
08-19-2009, 02:53 AM
A Team With 4A Enrollment Playing 3 5A Playoff Bound Teams...

Toughest.

I wouldnt say toughest. Waco has Stony Point, Copperas Cove, and Belton which is on the rise.

artist58
08-19-2009, 07:32 AM
There are some tough ones out there.

Abilene Cooper still has to rank as one of the toughest. 4A playing 5A....

Abilene HS - 10 - 1
Garland 11 -2
Hebron 9 - 4 and won the tough district beating SL, Coppell etc.

Throw 4A Boswell and Wyatt in, and it has to rank up there.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-19-2009, 11:57 AM
I wouldnt say toughest. Waco has Stony Point, Copperas Cove, and Belton which is on the rise.

Stony Point and Cove were both state semifinalists as well, with Waco beating SP, 9-3. Both will be very good again this year.

CCDawgs
08-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Stony Point and Cove were both state semifinalists as well, with Waco beating SP, 9-3. Both will be very good again this year.

And Belton has a QB to do great things this year. He is a Junior and poised to be a top recruit in 2011.

supercentex
08-19-2009, 01:00 PM
That first game against Belton will really show how well our new offense is and if we beat them we have a pretty good chance against Cove and Point.

If we lose against Belton...I say we are doomed for the year.... LOL

They should be much improved but nothing like they were when they had Ramonce Taylor all over the field his senior year.

CCDawgs
08-19-2009, 01:05 PM
That first game against Belton will really show how well our new offense is and if we beat them we have a pretty good chance against Cove and Point.

If we lose against Belton...I say we are doomed for the year.... LOL

They should be much improved but nothing like they were when they had Ramonce Taylor all over the field his senior year.

The Ramonce days were great for Belton. I dont expect them to be anything like that but they will be much improved and Coach Southern is doing a great job turning that program around. Where is the game by the way??

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-19-2009, 01:52 PM
And Belton has a QB to do great things this year. He is a Junior and poised to be a top recruit in 2011.

I'll be sure to keep an eye on him. As I said before, the Lions have a history of being willing to play anyone, anywhere. From, Trinity, to Lake Highlands in the '90s, to your bunch in Cove. They also have a history of pulling off upsets against some that they shouldn't have even been on the field with (Lewisville in '99).

supercentex
08-19-2009, 04:29 PM
I'll be sure to keep an eye on him. As I said before, the Lions have a history of being willing to play anyone, anywhere. From, Trinity, to Lake Highlands in the '90s, to your bunch in Cove. They also have a history of pulling off upsets against some that they shouldn't have even been on the field with (Lewisville in '99).

That Waco-Lewisville game was awesome! That was when Lewisville used to be pretty tough running the wishbone. Lewisville was #2.... I don't think they knew what was headed their way when they rolled into Waco! LOL

Lewisville was putting up points on everyone like crazy and Waco shut them down! Waco won 7-0 and scored at the very end of the game on a reverse halfback pass trick play....

it was played at baylor....in front of a pretty large crowd.

That next week Lewisville was suppose to play Midland Lee (another favorite) and MTV was scheduled to film this game and the towns/schools surrounding the events during the week. Once Lewisville lost to Waco they went to Celina instead and filmed there!

The Belton-Waco game is in Waco at the Waco Classic...it's on Thursday night at 7PM. Will be one of the first games in the state to kick-off the season!

CCDawgs
08-19-2009, 05:44 PM
That Waco-Lewisville game was awesome! That was when Lewisville used to be pretty tough running the wishbone. Lewisville was #2.... I don't think they knew what was headed their way when they rolled into Waco! LOL

Lewisville was putting up points on everyone like crazy and Waco shut them down! Waco won 7-0 and scored at the very end of the game on a reverse halfback pass trick play....

it was played at baylor....in front of a pretty large crowd.

That next week Lewisville was suppose to play Midland Lee (another favorite) and MTV was scheduled to film this game and the towns/schools surrounding the events during the week. Once Lewisville lost to Waco they went to Celina instead and filmed there!

The Belton-Waco game is in Waco at the Waco Classic...it's on Thursday night at 7PM. Will be one of the first games in the state to kick-off the season!

I was hoping it was in Belton! Guess ill just have to check for updates :rolleyes:

CCDawgs
08-19-2009, 05:46 PM

Teams like Waco and Lview do this to help them get ready for district play and the playoffs. I just wish more teams would do it. Including Cove! I like the Waco game every year but SA Central and McKinney Boyd need to go.

RedRage00
08-19-2009, 08:49 PM
SV has no cake walk, starting with Wagner, an area Top Ten team this year.

THEN,

We got good ol Judson.

THEN, onto District.

:eek:

I didn't know SV was 4A or below.... :rolleyes:

;)

Love
09-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Houston Bellaire v. South Lake Carroll:cool: