PDA

View Full Version : Cy Falls 2009

cyfallsbooster2
08-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Lots of coaching changes have occured this year. Thompson went to Langham. Eaton is Assistant Head Coach. New OC & DC for the year.....and future. I am hearing some things through the grapevine that are promising. Last year was embarrassing for us LONG TIME fans that support the program. MY son was a "First Timer". They went 3-7 also. But they had no qb....otherwise they would have done much better. THIS YEAR is time to RTD!!!! It all comes down to the players' attitudes. It made the difference in '03, '04, '05, '06 and '07.

I caught a lot of flack in '05 and '06 for challenging the kids rather than just jumping on the bandwagon. I am back to that now. Challenge.

The players have a challenge this year. Can they do it? From what I hear, yes. Now, what can they show us?

It starts tomorrow......Monday. Who is going to step forward and be a leader?:ninja:

JBT
08-10-2009, 02:27 AM
Lots of coaching changes have occured this year. Thompson went to Langham. Eaton is Assistant Head Coach. New OC & DC for the year.....and future. I am hearing some things through the grapevine that are promising. Last year was embarrassing for us LONG TIME fans that support the program. MY son was a "First Timer". They went 3-7 also. But they had no qb....otherwise they would have done much better. THIS YEAR is time to RTD!!!! It all comes down to the players' attitudes. It made the difference in '03, '04, '05, '06 and '07.

I caught a lot of flack in '05 and '06 for challenging the kids rather than just jumping on the bandwagon. I am back to that now. Challenge.

The players have a challenge this year. Can they do it? From what I hear, yes. Now, what can they show us?

It starts tomorrow......Monday. Who is going to step forward and be a leader?:ninja:

Jacob will, for sure. Seems like he's been ready for this season. And, if he has any of the same work ethic as his step-bro, he'll be golden.

CyFallsMom
08-10-2009, 08:46 AM
I think there is the possibility of a couple more stepping into that role of leader. Anthony Brown is one - I've known him since he was in elementary so it's very nice to see him doing so well at this level. He is a gamer and we need that. Poole will follow nicely in Gray's footprints. The 2006 team had several who were leading that team - even those who were not official captains - and those guys worked together so well - it looked like poetry in motion at times. I went to an after game dinner at one of the players homes (yes, I was invited - didn't crash it :rolleyes:) and they just seemed like they were all such good friends as well as teammates. And they were relaxed and having fun with it - that was after a playoff game so that could explain it.;). All of the comraderie and respect for teammates is so very important to success. It's as important as the physical skills. I am hoping upon hope that that are, in reality, RTD or even just returning to playoffs!! Once a Falls team gets to that point, there is no telling what can happen. I'm also excited about where the offense and defense will be going with the recent changes. There is nowhere to go but up from here so it's all good. I won't challenge them - because I feel they are probably challenging themselves this year and upping the ante a bit!!

cyfallsbooster2
08-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Any word on how the first day went?

grasshopper
08-10-2009, 08:36 PM
still going to put all the best athletes on offense? and hope to win in shoot outs........it can make for entertaining fb

Cy-Fair07
08-11-2009, 09:04 AM
They went 3-7 also. But they had no qb....otherwise they would have done much better.

Not sure what you mean by this? That QB is playing D1 football.
http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/gray_kolby00.html

cyfallsbooster2
08-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Not sure what you mean by this? That QB is playing D1 football.
http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/gray_kolby00.html

We are talking about fall of '03. New coaching leadership heading a new direction planning for the future started a freshman qb. This was a few years before Kolby came along. In '03 they selected a very talented and guttsy kid to lead the offense. However, I think it was unfair for the kid and the team to take a kid straight out of 8th grade and put him in the difficult position of being responsible for a 5A offense in a very competitive district. There were more experienced upperclassmen available for the qb spot at the time. They were not as talented but had the experience of HS ball and slightly stronger arms. Falls had a pretty good defense that year which did a fair job of limiting opponents scores, but the offense just could not score enough to get more wins.

CyFallsMom
08-11-2009, 12:14 PM
We are talking about fall of '03. New coaching leadership heading a new direction planning for the future started a freshman qb. This was a few years before Kolby came along. In '03 they selected a very talented and guttsy kid to lead the offense. However, I think it was unfair for the kid and the team to take a kid straight out of 8th grade and put him in the difficult position of being responsible for a 5A offense in a very competitive district. There were more experienced upperclassmen available for the qb spot at the time. They were not as talented but had the experience of HS ball and slightly stronger arms. Falls had a pretty good defense that year which did a fair job of limiting opponents scores, but the offense just could not score enough to get more wins.

If you are talking about Ross Bruns, that was a tough situation for him to be in so young. Later on, he was moved to another position, however, and I believe - correct me if I'm wrong here - that he was the player chasing down the Katy QB on that last gasp effort to beat us in 2006 - when the ball went over Fuda's head. In fact, we heard his name quite a bit when he was on defense that season.

cyfallsbooster2
08-11-2009, 12:28 PM
If you are talking about Ross Bruns, that was a tough situation for him to be in so young. Later on, he was moved to another position, however, and I believe - correct me if I'm wrong here - that he was the player chasing down the Katy QB on that last gasp effort to beat us in 2006 - when the ball went over Fuda's head. In fact, we heard his name quite a bit when he was on defense that season.

Very talented kid indeed. Just unfair to put him and his team in that situation that first year. Yes, Ross contributed greatly to Falls' success during his 4 years as a starter.

cyfallsbooster2
08-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Chronicle's run down of 155A came out today. Falls is projected in the #6 slot. Probably a fair assumtion based on last year's performance. I hope this year's group takes that as just one more challenge and piece of motivation. Falls had over 140 kids out for S&C camps this year. Sounds like a good attitude.

CyFallsMom
08-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Cy Falls is near the cellar on Chron.com. I was glad to see that - hate to be touted before the season starts.

What - you say???

Well, this gives the team a chance to see what others (outside of Falls fanbase) think of them. The only direction they have to go is UP and, if they are made of what I think they are made of, they will come together nicely as a team and will show these folks just what makes Cy Falls football special. Last year, IMO, was an anomaly - just a perfect ugly storm - we'll call it Ike's younger brother. Lessons were most likely learned from that experience both by the players (many of whom are returning) and by the coaches who had a very young team that was not quite ready for prime time.

I will go out on a limb here - and proudly so - and say that they will return to the playoffs this year. There is no doubt in my mind that they have it in them to do so. I will go further out on that limb and predict that they will be in the race for the district title by season's end. I'm not being overconfident or snooty about it - it's just a feeling and I've had this feeling before.

JBT
08-13-2009, 03:10 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/cyfair/sports/6568827.html

“The kids all want to get that nasty taste out of their mouth,“ said Cy Falls head coach David Raffield. “Our kids played hard, but by the end of the year, we had only 22 seniors dressed for the last game. It was the worst luck of injuries we have ever had. We had only three (original) starters left on defense. It was one of those snakebit years.“

Cy Woods took 60 percent of Cy Falls' freshman class when it opened three years ago, Raffield said. “It was tough last year to stand on the sidelines and see a lot of our (original) kids playing against us,“ Raffield said. “They had five or six kids on their team who, had they been here, might have helped us play for a second straight state title in 2007.“

Yeah, no kidding on the Cy Woods part. I know a couple of those kids would have helped tremendously.

Falcon16
08-13-2009, 06:23 PM
GOOD LUCK GUYS.:Music

C-DUB
08-13-2009, 09:47 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/cyfair/sports/6568827.html

Yeah, no kidding on the Cy Woods part. I know a couple of those kids would have helped tremendously.

Fair could say the same thing. But they don't.:rolleyes:

cyfallsbooster2
08-13-2009, 11:19 PM

We're gonna kick your butt this year! Well, I am anyways.:D

JBT
08-14-2009, 12:07 AM

I'm just sayin', it would've been nice to have Hayden Dobbs and some of the other guys on the team. Unfortunately, we lost those guys due to the boundary lines. Oh well, :Censor: happens.

cyfallsbooster2
08-14-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm just sayin', it would've been nice to have Hayden Dobbs and some of the other guys on the team. Unfortunately, we lost those guys due to the boundary lines. Oh well, :Censor: happens.

The boundry lines should be settling down for Fair and Falls now. Woods' opening really upset the two programs last year. The effect should not be felt as much this year and the two programs will start clawing their way back to the top.

CyFallsMom
08-14-2009, 08:43 AM
GOOD LUCK GUYS.:Music

Same to you guys!!

CyFallsMom
08-14-2009, 08:44 AM

When are tix going on sale for that one? I'm picturing Wii boxing but who knows - could be fun:p

CyFallsMom
08-14-2009, 08:45 AM
The boundry lines should be settling down for Fair and Falls now. Woods' opening really upset the two programs last year. The effect should not be felt as much this year and the two programs will start clawing their way back to the top.

Woods should begin to feel the effect now - Ranch will be taking from them. We've been taken from for years now so it's our turn to rest!;)

KT2000
08-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Break out the Maalox. I see Creek as a consensus favorite to win the title, but the 2nd-8th spots can finish in almost any order.

C-DUB
08-14-2009, 09:18 AM

Ya'll really did miss out on Hayden Dobbs. He is a great player and a even better man. There are others like Patrick West and Tyler Williamson. These guys are family. I love them all.:D

C-DUB
08-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Break out the Maalox. I see Creek as a consensus favorite to win the title, but the 2nd-8th spots can finish in almost any order.

Your right, we don't stand a chance. What's new?:rolleyes:

CyFallsMom
08-14-2009, 09:33 AM

some things never change - I keep the stuff in stock!!:)

CyFallsMom
08-14-2009, 09:35 AM

Remember - polls are made to be broken!! I'll bet there's not one kid at Falls who doesn't think they can make playoffs this year. I really don't think they pay attention to opinions, unless it's their own.

C-DUB
08-14-2009, 09:36 AM

Not gonna happen this year. I do think Falls defense will improve with the new
50 scheme. Like Mom said there is no place to go but UP.

cyfallsbooster2
08-14-2009, 09:37 AM

"Consensus favorite" I agree. But, I think all 8 spots are up for grabs in this district this year. Springs may surprise some people this year. I think they were young (very) last year. They had alot of speed but not much size. Maybe they will be all growed up this year. JV I don't know what to expect. Their boundries have been solid forever but they have been on a slide for the past few years. Maybe not enough turnover in the neighborhood to generate enough replacements. Woods is going to be good again but they have several holes to fill. Creek has very good returning experienced talent that had a whole new attitude last year. Maybe they become a little complacent this year? Just enough to slip up once or twice? Ridge is a big question mark coming in. They just graduated probably the best backfield duo to be seen in quite awhile, along with some very talented and hard nosed defensive players. But, they will have another group of talented individuals to replace them with. Fair and Falls WILL begin the climb back towardsthe top this year.;)

CyFallsMom
08-14-2009, 09:38 AM

Oh, don't be so quick - Booster might be able to kick your butt:D. I wouldn't mess with him myself! I always bow in his presence - - - ;)

KT2000
08-14-2009, 09:40 AM

Where did I say anything like that?

C-DUB
08-14-2009, 09:41 AM
BEAT CREEK!!

I got that out of my system.:D

cyfallsbooster2
08-14-2009, 09:41 AM

Gonna need 3 big nasties for the middle and some quick aggressive boys on the ends. From the spring game, I think they can put that together. I just don't know how deep it will be though.

C-DUB
08-14-2009, 09:42 AM

You didn't.:confused:

It always us against the world.;)

cyfallsbooster2
08-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Oh, don't be so quick - Booster might be able to kick your butt:D. I wouldn't mess with him myself! I always bow in his presence - - - ;)

Well, I got ya' fooled then because there in no way in heck I would cross your path! I have SEEN your "passion".:eek:

cyfallsbooster2
08-14-2009, 09:44 AM

cdub is the dirtbag....er, I mean sandbagger of the group.:ninja:

KT2000
08-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Fair and Falls WILL begin the climb back towardsthe top this year.;)

It was only 7 on 7, but Fair looks like they have some skill talent this year. Certainly, they can only go up from last year. Year one A.M. was not good to them.

The biggest thing Falls missed last year was skill talent. They just didn't have it anywhere near the levels of the previous seasons. I would assume that was only a hitch because Falls has always had a steady conveyor belt of skill talent feeding the halls.

cyfallsbooster2
08-14-2009, 09:52 AM
It was only 7 on 7, but Fair looks like they have some skill talent this year. Certainly, they can only go up from last year. Year one A.M. was not good to them.

The biggest thing Falls missed last year was skill talent. They just didn't have it anywhere near the levels of the previous seasons. I would assume that was only a hitch because Falls has always had a steady conveyor belt of skill talent feeding the halls.

Both Fair and Falls had that problem last year. A little diversion in the pipeline is all. The graduating class of Woods' last year had some very good highly motivated talent in it. They all would have been at Fair and Falls. But, new class coming up this year for both schools and I think they start to re-stock. For Falls, I saw some very good personnel in the spring game. Good recievers and db's. I think there may be a battle this year for the qb spot. Just a hunch. At least if one does go down, I don't think we miss much of a step. I saw a very good double threat qb last spring.

C-DUB
08-14-2009, 09:58 AM
I just want the Falls Fans to quit Whining about last year.:p

cyfallsbooster2
08-14-2009, 10:02 AM
I just want the Falls Fans to quit Whining about last year.:p

Never!:p

Hey, we keep trying.:o

CyFallsMom
08-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Well, I got ya' fooled then because there in no way in heck I would cross your path! I have SEEN your "passion".:eek:

Yeah, you're right - I ain't skeered of you! You might just be scared of my flailing arms though! I don't know how many times I've fallen down the steps too:rolleyes:. But that's just because I'm a total klutz. I do get passionate and emotional though...that is for sure.

CyFallsMom
08-14-2009, 10:07 AM

It was also a very young team - lots of sophs and jrs who had no previous varsity experience. They all have that year under their belt now.

C-DUB
08-14-2009, 10:14 AM
cdub is the dirtbag....er, I mean sandbagger of the group.:ninja:

Dirtbag is good. I understand. You suffer from Katy Tiger envy.:eek:

cyfallsbooster2
08-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Dirtbag is good. I understand. You suffer from Katy Tiger envy.:eek:

Does it show?:eek:

I have every bit of faith that Falls will be a contender this year. I saw a completely different attitude in the kids last spring and they will have some skill to go along with it this year. I can't wait for the scrimmage with KO next week.

I also like the way Falls' schedule works out this year. They will have some very good challenges and learning experiences (gut checks really) in non-district with KO (scrimmage), Bryan, Westfield and North Shore. Then after the bye week they open with JV and Springs. That gives them 7 good weeks before they start against Langham, Ridge, Creek, Fair and then closing out with your boys. Hopefully they can come out of non-district fairly healthy and get off to a quick start in district.

C-DUB
08-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Does it show?:eek:

I have every bit of faith that Falls will be a contender this year. I saw a completely different attitude in the kids last spring and they will have some skill to go along with it this year. I can't wait for the scrimmage with KO next week.

I also like the way Falls' schedule works out this year. They will have some very good challenges and learning experiences (gut checks really) in non-district with KO (scrimmage), Bryan, Westfield and North Shore. Then after the bye week they open with JV and Springs. That gives them 7 good weeks before they start against Langham, Ridge, Creek, Fair and then closing out with your boys. Hopefully they can come out of non-district fairly healthy and get off to a quick start in district.

That is a tough pre-district schedule. I remember last year it was brutal.
I could hardly watch.

Falcon16
08-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Both Fair and Falls had that problem last year. A little diversion in the pipeline is all. The graduating class of Woods' last year had some very good highly motivated talent in it. They all would have been at Fair and Falls. But, new class coming up this year for both schools and I think they start to re-stock. For Falls, I saw some very good personnel in the spring game. Good recievers and db's. I think there may be a battle this year for the qb spot. Just a hunch. At least if one does go down, I don't think we miss much of a step. I saw a very good double threat qb last spring.

Poole and who else at QB? Poole can toss the rock around the field.

wolfpack4life
08-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Cy woods wins district...when that school was built it just sucked so much talent out of other schools

FB Maniac
08-16-2009, 08:56 AM
How did the first week of practices go for the eagles? Are they running the same stuff since they have new coordinators?

cyfallsbooster2
08-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Poole and who else at QB? Poole can toss the rock around the field.

Yes, Poole is a very good passer. I do not know the other kid's name, but he impressed me during the Spring game. Pretty good arm, accurate and he looked to be a threat running also. Maybe he was an underclassman who will be on JV this year?

cyfallsbooster2
08-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Cy woods wins district...when that school was built it just sucked so much talent out of other schools

Don't fool yourself.;)

CyFallsMom
08-16-2009, 06:43 PM
That is a tough pre-district schedule. I remember last year it was brutal.
I could hardly watch.

We have always had a brutal pre-season - as far as I know, we've never come out of it unscathed. That doesn't affect many of us fans because we know that and we know that Pre-season is a time to come together and get the plays down and the scheme moving right along. With the new coaches this year, it should be the same story and that's fine. It's district that matters. Bryan and Westfield are ALWAYS tough on us - so add Northshore in there - anything can happen but playing all of these teams usually makes a stronger Falls team for district. Last year was an exception to the rule...that's all.

bryanvikings
08-17-2009, 01:01 PM
We have always had a brutal pre-season - as far as I know, we've never come out of it unscathed. That doesn't affect many of us fans because we know that and we know that Pre-season is a time to come together and get the plays down and the scheme moving right along. With the new coaches this year, it should be the same story and that's fine. It's district that matters. Bryan and Westfield are ALWAYS tough on us - so add Northshore in there - anything can happen but playing all of these teams usually makes a stronger Falls team for district. Last year was an exception to the rule...that's all.

3-0 against the eagles so far, but this could be the year we lose.

cyfallsbooster2
08-17-2009, 01:43 PM

Bryan has always been a good and tough challenge for Falls' non-district. Bryan is usually very big with excellent team speed. Of course it has always been the first game of the season and with the offense Falls has run in the past 4-5 years, they start slow until the timing gets worked out. Always an enjoyable game to watch for me And the Viking fans have always been very enjoyable to visit with.

CyFallsMom
08-17-2009, 03:27 PM
I don't know what the complete record is but we've been playing Bryan at least since 2001 because they were in our district at one point - and Falls has won a few - just not lately.

C-DUB
08-17-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm supporting the CY-Falls Eagles in this one.:D

CyFallsMom
08-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Found this on You Tube. It incorporates two of my favorite things:

1) Al Pacino
2) Cy Falls Football

It was made, it appears for the 2007 team but has quite a few of the 06 games in there. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJhvKOEP8XY

C-DUB
08-17-2009, 05:09 PM

Good Job Wolf, I lost your address to mail your check.;)

cyfallsbooster2
08-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Found this on You Tube. It incorporates two of my favorite things:

1) Al Pacino
2) Cy Falls Football

It was made, it appears for the 2007 team but has quite a few of the 06 games in there. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJhvKOEP8XY

Great clip. I had never seen that before.

cyfallsbooster2
08-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Good Job Wolf, I lost your address to mail your check.;)

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We will see. Right now, our records are even.;)

cyfallsbooster2
08-17-2009, 08:54 PM
I don't know what the complete record is but we've been playing Bryan at least since 2001 because they were in our district at one point - and Falls has won a few - just not lately.

Bryan was in district '01 & '02 when they split wins. Falls picked Bryan up for non-district in '04. They split the first 2 years and Bryan has won the last 3. So overall record is 5-2 Bryan. Let's start to even that out this year.:cool:

Work hard for the next 2 weeks, boys. Then let's get it started.

bryanvikings
08-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Bryan was in district '01 & '02 when they split wins. Falls picked Bryan up for non-district in '04. They split the first 2 years and Bryan has won the last 3. So overall record is 5-2 Bryan. Let's start to even that out this year.:cool:

Work hard for the next 2 weeks, boys. Then let's get it started.

Aug 28th, we will know for sure whose ready or not.;)

cyfallsbooster2
08-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Aug 28th, we will know for sure whose ready or not.;)

I can't wait to see what this year's group can accomplish. It is going to take some heart. Do they have it this year?

CyFallsMom
08-18-2009, 11:04 AM
I can't wait to see what this year's group can accomplish. It is going to take some heart. Do they have it this year?

I really really believe they will have more heart and determination than 2008. Lessons had to be learned last year. I am excited about the newness of it all too - the new defensive scheme especially.

C-DUB
08-18-2009, 11:28 AM
I really really believe they will have more heart and determination than 2008. Lessons had to be learned last year. I am excited about the newness of it all too - the new defensive scheme especially.

We have an App for that.:p

CyFallsMom
08-18-2009, 01:19 PM
We have an App for that.:p

I'll have to collect your I-Phone's for the season!!;)

Fleeman93
08-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Go Gold Eagles!

cyfallsbooster2
08-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Klein Oak scrimmage is this Friday (21st) @ Klein Oak from 6:30 to 9 pm. Time to break out mapquest!:D

cyfallsbooster2
08-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Go Gold Eagles!

Thanks, Fleeman! Back at ya'! Go Tiggers!

cyfallsbooster2
08-18-2009, 08:05 PM
I just have this idea in my head of this thread chronicaling this years team accomplishments.:Music

cyfallsbooster2
08-20-2009, 08:30 PM
I know it looks a little silly right now.......just one or two posters driving this thing...........but, I am a firm believer in "If you build it, they will come"......I have been a fan since about '98 and I am not going to give up.......EVER! I will give my all as a fan.....I just want the kids and coaches to give their all.:cool: The fans will jump on the bandwagon as the success begins to build. Keep the faith, kids. You have some true supporters.

The team goes to KO tomorrow for their scrimmage. One of the top 25 teams in the state. THAT is a challenge. Your coaches have been teaching you....go to apply your knowledge and learn from your mistakes tomorrow......and begin to show YOUR HEART tomorrow. In life, no matter the outcome.....if you show your heart in what you attempt....you win. That is something your coaches are trying to teach you about life along the way. Learn it.:cool:

C-DUB
08-20-2009, 09:15 PM
I just have this idea in my head of this thread chronicaling this years team accomplishments.:Music

Can I Help?:eek:

cyfallsbooster2
08-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Can I Help?:eek:

Yeah. Keep beating your chest about how Woods will own them this year and then about week 10 + 1 day come on here and bow down.:D

C-DUB
08-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah. Keep beating your chest about how Woods will own them this year and then about week 10 + 1 day come on here and bow down.:D

Since I don't have a dog in the show. I think I will be less of homer.;)

cyfallsbooster2
08-20-2009, 09:47 PM

My dog died in '03.:( I'm still supporting.:D

C-DUB
08-20-2009, 09:53 PM
My dog died in '03.:( I'm still supporting.:D

:notworthy

CyFallsMom
08-23-2009, 07:26 AM

Our last graduation was 2007 - it hasn't slowed me one bit! I think I'm worse with them out of school! You will still have a dog in the fight...trust me.

ktCarl
08-23-2009, 07:32 AM
Who are the biggest rivals in your District?

Falls vs Fair....etc.

CyFallsMom
08-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Who are the biggest rivals in your District?

Falls vs Fair....etc.

Haven't we been asked this before LOL!!

Falls/Fair
Falls/LC
Fair/Woods is forming into one
Fair/Creek is one I'm sure

Other than that, I don't know. It seemed for a while there that everyone was rivalrous with Falls and Fair.

PCW Cats
08-23-2009, 07:56 AM
Any word on how Falls and Klein Oak looked in the scrimmage?

Legacy44
08-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Any word on how Falls and Klein Oak looked in the scrimmage?

The Scrimmage Ended with Klein Oak beating Cy Falls 21-14. The game was very close, and even though it was 9 in the morning, i felt tense.

Cy Falls new quarterback looks promising, that run he had evading the defenders was pretty indeed. Though Cy Falls passed ALOT with the first team, the 2nd team RB was quick and ran right up the whole for alot of yards.

Klein Oak played their star DE Nathan Hughes for one series then took him out for the rest of the scrimmage :confused: and i didnt know why.

cyfallsbooster2
08-23-2009, 09:51 AM
The Scrimmage Ended with Klein Oak beating Cy Falls 21-14. The game was very close, and even though it was 9 in the morning, i felt tense.

Cy Falls new quarterback looks promising, that run he had evading the defenders was pretty indeed. Though Cy Falls passed ALOT with the first team, the 2nd team RB was quick and ran right up the whole for alot of yards.

Klein Oak played their star DE Nathan Hughes for one series then took him out for the rest of the scrimmage :confused: and i didnt know why.

Bummer I missed that they were rescheduling it. I was there Friday night and they only got about 20 minutes of the JV scrimmage in before the lightning canceled the scrimmage.

Sounds encouraging for the first scrimmage. Even though it is just a controlled scrimmage, it was against one of the top 25 in the state. Sounds like they held their own. Any word on how the Falls' defense looked?

C-DUB
08-23-2009, 01:17 PM
It sounds like things are going as planned for big bird.;)

Fleeman93
08-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Bummer I missed that they were rescheduling it. I was there Friday night and they only got about 20 minutes of the JV scrimmage in before the lightning canceled the scrimmage.

Sounds encouraging for the first scrimmage. Even though it is just a controlled scrimmage, it was against one of the top 25 in the state. Sounds like they held their own. Any word on how the Falls' defense looked?

They have one this year?

cyfallsbooster2
08-23-2009, 05:02 PM

Ok, they threw "ALOT"......did they CATCH any?:confused:

smw358
08-23-2009, 06:57 PM

It looks like one less than Oak......wish I could have made the scrimmage!

rodjohns
08-23-2009, 07:06 PM

On paper anyway...

rodjohns
08-23-2009, 07:07 PM
How did Klein Oaks RB look?

Legacy44
08-23-2009, 07:51 PM

No truly solid catches were made to move down the field, but they did have some deep catches made, including a touchdown catch 1 play after they intercepted the ball by a quick receiver ( i dont know the name). Overall alot of 3rd down throw and pray's were completed :D

Cy Falls defense was pretty strong. Blitzing messed everything up.

and Rodjohns they rotated i think at least 3 Oak RB's around. 1 of them (williams i think) was the most prolific, with exploding runs and cold-cut smashes through defenders.

cyfallsbooster2
08-23-2009, 07:58 PM
No truly solid catches were made to move down the field, but they did have some deep catches made, including a touchdown catch 1 play after they intercepted the ball by a quick receiver ( i dont know the name). Overall alot of 3rd down throw and pray's were completed :D

and Rodjohns they rotated i think at least 3 Oak RB's around. 1 of them (williams i think) was the most prolific, with exploding runs and cold-cut smashes through defenders.

So the prayers are being answered this year?:D

smw358
08-23-2009, 11:23 PM

Oh Oh! Rod.........better start warming up that defense......:D

CyFallsMom
08-24-2009, 08:48 AM
They have one this year?
Hey Flee - I saw the words "Falls" and "defense" used in the same sentence - I knew you'd sniff that one out;).

I hear good things about the D this year - new coach, new scheme - hmmm...wouldn't that just be dandy to finally have a defense to go along with the offense!!

CyFallsMom
08-24-2009, 08:50 AM
So the prayers are being answered this year?:D

Let's hope so!!

Fleeman93
08-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Hey Flee - I saw the words "Falls" and "defense" used in the same sentence - I knew you'd sniff that one out;).

I hear good things about the D this year - new coach, new scheme - hmmm...wouldn't that just be dandy to finally have a defense to go along with the offense!!

Could be scary if the Falls' offense is anywhere near years of past.

CyFallsMom
08-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Could be scary if the Falls' offense is anywhere near years of past.

Well, I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch but, yes, it could be. I am excited about the season - I think they will surprise quite a few people. Poole was doing a very good job last season and I'm sure he's picked up some pointers from his step brother (Gray). Sounds like he did quite well at the scrimmage. Pierre Lucas is back - he has a lot of Shane Turner type potential. The defense pretty much has a full year under their belt - we didn't lose too many from last year. I don't know much about the receiving corps yet so we'll see how that goes on Friday. Bryan always gives us such a tough game though.

cyfallsbooster2
08-24-2009, 05:02 PM
The season must have started or something because the threads are dropping from the first page in a day rather than a week now.:D

smw358
08-24-2009, 05:46 PM
The season must have started or something because the threads are dropping from the first page in a day rather than a week now.:D

Yep.....call some other team you whippin boy and they will come out of the closet.....:D

cyfallsbooster2
08-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Yep.....call some other team you whippin boy and they will come out of the closet.....:D

I'm not going to call them Falls' whippin' boy or anything, but, from what I have seen and heard, I think this year's Eagles team is going to go after the Vikings for a win right out of the chute. Bryan has been a thorn in the TEAM's side for 3 years now. It is the first challenge of the year.:ninja:

rodjohns
08-24-2009, 08:25 PM

Oh Oh! Rod.........better start warming up that defense......:D

I love my Boy Williams...I have known him since he was just a lil guy. I coached his lil brother Jason when he was a Klein Bronco.

Walter is a good kid and a good player. I wish him the best..and for the record our defense is fired up....to say the least...

cyfallsbooster2
08-24-2009, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=smw358;1270931]

I love my Boy Williams...I have known him since he was just a lil guy. I coached his lil brother Jason when he was a Klein Bronco.

Walter is a good kid and a good player. I wish him the best..and for the record our defense is fired up....to say the least...

And this has WHAT to do with Falls 2009?!!!! Geesh, rodjohns!:rolleyes:

rodjohns
08-24-2009, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=rodjohns;1271654]

And this has WHAT to do with Falls 2009?!!!! Geesh, rodjohns!:rolleyes:

He apparantly ran all over Cy Falls on Saturday...better get that defense fired up..thats what it has to do with Cy Falls...:D

Legacy44
08-24-2009, 09:34 PM
The prayers could very well be answered this year :D

The problem for Falls could be the O-line. I only say this because the VERY FIRST play of the scrimmage, the QB was sacked for a 5 yard loss by the DE Tom Call. ( and that DE kept getting through the line, managed to rack up another sack, and a few assisted tackles!). and this was all done without the big, power starter Nathan Hughes.

Overall, the Qb kept getting pressured too fast, and u could see from the stands he was getting really hot headed fast! We heard him yell at a linebacker after a play and i thought there was a fight on our hands :rolleyes:

cyfallsbooster2
08-24-2009, 09:44 PM
The prayers could very well be answered this year :D

The problem for Falls could be the O-line. I only say this because the VERY FIRST play of the scrimmage, the QB was sacked for a 5 yard loss by the DE Tom Call. ( and that DE kept getting through the line, managed to rack up another sack, and a few assisted tackles!). and this was all done without the big, power starter Nathan Hughes.

Overall, the Qb kept getting pressured too fast, and u could see from the stands he was getting really hot headed fast! We heard him yell at a linebacker after a play and i thought there was a fight on our hands :rolleyes:

That's ok with me. While I would like to see the qb keep his cool a little better, it takes awhile for the OL to come together. A few games at least. But you did say they were opening some small holes up the middle for the rb's? If the rb's run correctly, they only need a small crease.;)

cyfallsbooster2
08-24-2009, 09:48 PM
They have one this year?

OK, I'll take the bait.:D And what did their defense do against the Katy offense the last 2 times they faced them? I think it was something along the lines of holding them to -19 of their season average?;)

KOfb92
08-24-2009, 10:28 PM
and this was all done without the big, power starter Nathan Hughes.

Nathan is going to wreck OT's across the state this year. Senior year he will obliterate everyone. 20lb's more and he is set for awhile, although he would make a good OLB in the 3-4.

CyFallsMom
08-25-2009, 05:52 AM

I've been on this board since the 2004 season - Booster's been here as well. What I've always noticed is, when a team finally starts winning, their fans come out of the woodwork, oftentimes not so nicely. Once their teams start losing again and they aren't the center of attention any longer, off they go. They hardly ever stick around for long:rolleyes::D. One good example is JVFalon (couldn't spell Falcon I guess) - he was gone as soon as Falls beat them that first time in 10 years - never to be seen or heard from again.

CyCreekDiverMom
08-25-2009, 09:13 AM
I've been on this board since the 2004 season - Booster's been here as well. What I've always noticed is, when a team finally starts winning, their fans come out of the woodwork, oftentimes not so nicely. Once their teams start losing again and they aren't the center of attention any longer, off they go. They hardly ever stick around for long:rolleyes::D. One good examples is JVFalon (couldn't spell Falcon I guess) - he was gone as soon as Falls beat them that first time in 10 years - never to be seen or heard from again.

And then there's people like me...I come out in the fall...sort of like waking up from hibernation. I really have nothing to add most of the year, since I don't see practice, 7 on 7, or scrimmages anymore, so I'm just around during the season. But I sure love my football. I posted on "the other board" for quite a few years and came to this one last year.

cyfallsbooster2
08-25-2009, 09:25 AM
And then there's people like me...I come out in the fall...sort of like waking up from hibernation. I really have nothing to add most of the year, since I don't see practice, 7 on 7, or scrimmages anymore, so I'm just around during the season. But I sure love my football. I posted on "the other board" for quite a few years and came to this one last year.

Welcome to the dark side.:ninja:

CyFallsMom
08-25-2009, 09:41 AM

I've seen you for a while but in 2006 when we were headed to state, all kinds of people came out of the closet so to speak and then went away just as quickly. It was entertaining. Then you have folks like JVFalon who only came here for a short while to stir things up and haven't seen him since 2004. Unfortunately, Booster and I have an obsession of sorts with the site;). We post pretty much year round. I know lots of others who just read and never post but they know what is going on. I live in the Yard during the off season seeing how much I can piss the kids over there off.:D

smw358
08-25-2009, 10:01 AM
I've seen you for a while but in 2006 when we were headed to state, all kinds of people came out of the closet so to speak and then went away just as quickly. It was entertaining. Then you have folks like JVFalon who only came here for a short while to stir things up and haven't seen him since 2004. Unfortunately, Booster and I have an obsession of sorts with the site;). We post pretty much year round. I know lots of others who just read and never post but they know what is going on. I live in the Yard during the off season seeing how much I can piss the kids over there off.:D

Ain't that fun.....:D

CyFallsMom
08-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Ain't that fun.....:D

I'm part Irish so I like nothing better than a good rousing argument - and yes, it is definitely fun!!

smw358
08-25-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm part Irish so I like nothing better than a good rousing argument - and yes, it is definitely fun!!

And I'm half English.....they argue for sport over there.......:D

smw358
08-25-2009, 12:31 PM

And to add.......my wife is Irish.......can you imagine our house?.........:D

CyFallsMom
08-25-2009, 01:24 PM

Yeah, got that too - descended from John Wilkes former Lord Mayor (in the 1700's). AND, I'm married to an Italian - bad thing there - we are both always right!!:rolleyes:

cyfallsbooster2
08-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Can't wait for Friday night!:eek:

CyFallsMom
08-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Can't wait for Friday night!:eek:

I know!! I was up at the college last night and I was pulling out and I was visualizing all of us sitting there in the stadium - it looks ready to go! Friday night can't get here fast enough!! I'm ready for the whole shooting match - game, Golden Eagle Band, Skydancers, cheerleaders and all my good football buddies, including those great coaches wives who are such fabulous cheerleaders themselves!!:):D

Of course the downside is the terrific sore throat I'll have on Saturday morning from yelling:p. I have to get back in game form!!

C-DUB
08-25-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and a prayer and pick the Eagles this week.:ninja:

cyfallsbooster2
08-25-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and a prayer and pick the Eagles this week.:ninja:

You know what? You're alot smarter than you look.:p

Falls will play to win this week. They will do whatever it takes.:ninja:

cyfallsbooster2
08-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Wednesday. Just 2 more days.

There was an article in todays Chronicle on the Rice running backs. Nice big picture of Shane Turner right in the middle of it. It will be interesting to see how Rice uses these 4 (next year 5) running backs and how things will go for Shane this year. Hope it works out for him!

Fleeman93
08-26-2009, 10:51 AM
OK, I'll take the bait.:D And what did their defense do against the Katy offense the last 2 times they faced them? I think it was something along the lines of holding them to -19 of their season average?;)

Oh I agree with you 100%! The most talent that school has ever seen (may ever see with the way CFISD rolls) managed to go 1 and 1 with Katy over a two year span. It was impressive to say the least. I am just surprised that the program hasn't stayed on track after all of that talent left though ( ;) ).

CyFallsMom
08-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Oh I agree with you 100%! The most talent that school has ever seen (may ever see with the way CFISD rolls) managed to go 1 and 1 with Katy over a two year span. It was impressive to say the least. I am just surprised that the program hasn't stayed on track after all of that talent left though ( ;) ).

Again, we lost a TON of talent - from areas where most of the talent is drawn from - to Cy Woods. We have rezoned back to the old area - almost. We should be back to "normal" soon.;). It's really hard when a school is rezoned every other year for several years. But now we are more of an interior school so they probably won't mess with Falls too much more. On the street next to me, there is a Cy Falls yard sign and a Cy Fair yard sign - this will be the last year for that. And, yes, that 2006 was THE most talented team Falls or CFISD has ever had....I wish we could replicate it but we don't have that cradle to grave system that schools like Katy have.

cyfallsbooster2
08-26-2009, 01:03 PM

ONE down year says the PROGRAM is off track? Wow, you don't cut much slack. You must have been ready to jump ship when Katy lost 3 games and didn't win district last year. Lucky they got things turned around finally.;)

cyfallsbooster2
08-26-2009, 01:11 PM

They were able to compete with Katy because it was a bunch of talented kids who were well coached and played with heart and had some luck along the way. Sounds like another successful program from the area. It takes alot to compete at that level. It is not just talent or coaching or heart or luck. It takes all four. Falls reloaded after all that talent graduated and did real well the next year. Then they hit last year with too little talent to compete well. This year is sounding like they will be back on the up swing and I am darn excited about it.

cyfallsbooster2
08-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Now back to 2009. I hope this year's group of kids grasp that last concept.......coaching, talent, HEART and luck. If they do, they can return the Falls program where it belongs.:cool:

bryanvikings
08-27-2009, 12:19 AM
I'm not going to call them Falls' whippin' boy or anything, but, from what I have seen and heard, I think this year's Eagles team is going to go after the Vikings for a win right out of the chute. Bryan has been a thorn in the TEAM's side for 3 years now. It is the first challenge of the year.:ninja:

Trust me, I really dont want to doubt the vikings but we have nothing(defense) this year. It could be a possible blowout, because are secondary will be demolished by the spread offense that you guys run. If its ran to perfection, then it could be a long night. The woodlands run a spread offense, and i heard it wasnt pretty at the scrimmage. This could be the year that we finally lose.

cyfallsbooster2
08-27-2009, 07:56 AM
Trust me, I really dont want to doubt the vikings but we have nothing this year. It could be a possible blowout, because are secondary will be demolished by the spread offense that you guys run. If its ran to perfection, then it could be a long night. The woodlands run a spread offense, and i heard it wasnt pretty at the scrimmage. This could be the year that we finally lose.

Woodlands may be running their spread real well this year again. They are supposed to be loaded with the right personnel for it. For all I know, Falls may have changed their offensive scheme this year with the new OC. I haven't been able to get out to see what's happening yet. I am anxious to see them this Friday. The Vikings are always a tough test for the Eagles because of their size and speed. They have pretty much been overpowering the smaller Falls teams these past few years.

CyFallsMom
08-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Trust me, I really dont want to doubt the vikings but we have nothing this year. It could be a possible blowout, because are secondary will be demolished by the spread offense that you guys run. If its ran to perfection, then it could be a long night. The woodlands run a spread offense, and i heard it wasnt pretty at the scrimmage. This could be the year that we finally lose.

I don't care what Bryan does or does not bring back, they are always tough to beat for Falls. First game jitters or something, I don't know. It may just be that the coaches are working on different schemes still or whatever - I don't know. I don't worry about non-district so much because I understand that but it would be nice to start with a W for once.

As for our offense, I have no clue what they are putting on the field with the new OC - is it still the spread? I'm hoping to see something fresh myself - something that I can't predict by the end of the season. Predictability is dangerous, especially when fans are calling the the next play in the stands! We even had names for a couple of them and we would say it, they would play it. That's terribly dangerous. Hope there is a lot more mix in the - well, the mix!;). The spread is exciting but it's become a bit stale lately IMO.

C-DUB
08-27-2009, 07:12 PM
The Falls QB may be the real deal. He's a scrambler that can throw well and deep on the run.:ninja:

VikingDad
08-28-2009, 06:46 AM
Game Day Baby!!!

I don't care what the score is, or who wins or loses tonight, I'm just glad the season is finally starting.

Good luck everybody...... Go Team, Go Band, Go Vikes:)

CyFallsMom
08-28-2009, 07:07 AM
Game Day - It's ON!!

Good luck Eagles! And Remember EAGLE PRIDE!!

cyfallsbooster2
08-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Game Day Baby!!!

I don't care what the score is, or who wins or loses tonight, I'm just glad the season is finally starting.

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

See ya'll tonight!

CyFallsMom
08-28-2009, 09:58 AM
LOVE the signature line Booster - that's awesome!

cyfallsbooster2
08-28-2009, 01:42 PM
LOVE the signature line Booster - that's awesome!

Thanks. I just cleaned it up a little. It is a line from a song written by Guy Cook. Song title is "The Cape" from the album "Together at the Bluebird Cafe" with Guy Cook, Steve Earle and Towns Van Zandt. Kind of fits in with my approach to life and thought it fit well with this season.:cool:

cyfallsbooster2
08-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Eight years old with flour sack cape
Tied all around his neck
He climbed up on the garage
Figurin' what the heck
He screwed his courage up so tight
the whole thing came unwound
He got a running start and bless his heart
He headed for the ground.

Now he's all grown up with a flour sack cape
Tied all around his dreams
he's full of piss and vinegar
He's busting at the seams
He licked his finger and checked the wind
It's gonna be do or die
He wasn't scared of nothin', boys
He was pretty sure he could fly.

Old and gray with a flour sack cape
Tied all around his head
He's still jumping off the garage
And will be until he's dead
All these years the people said
He's actin' like a kid
He did not know he could not fly
And so he DID.......

Be one of those that knows that life
Is just a leap of faith
Spread your arms and hold your breath
And always trust your cape.

bryanvikings
08-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Game Day Baby!!!

go vikes

CyFallsMom
08-28-2009, 03:22 PM
go vikes
Hey, who let you in;):D

Stay safe on the road and good luck to your Vikes - just not "too" much if you know what I mean!!:p

bryanvikings
08-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Hey, who let you in;):D

Stay safe on the road and good luck to your Vikes - just not "too" much if you know what I mean!!:p

Its cool.:D

CyFallsMom
08-28-2009, 11:24 PM
Shhhh....don't wake Fleeman....I just don't want to hear it right now:rolleyes:

Okay, the positive first - we WON!!! 52-42. Barnburner. This offense, for a first game of the season, looked very promising indeed. Dean Johnson looked good at WR, Pierre Lucas was right back where he left off. Jacob Poole and the new Soph QB both did well. Jacob reminded me of Jeff Welch a couple of times - and we were sitting with Jeff Sr. too - always good to see him. Jeff was the best QB I've ever witnessed in any team I've followed over the years with the possible exception of Jeff Achilles at SB. Just a great leader. Jacob could develop into just such a player I think too. Tre Carter - Sophomore - OMG!! He could be something really special along with Pierre - along the lines of a Shane Turner or a Jack Freeman. Gladney was a nice surprise too. The O Line has definitely improved.

Now the negative - we won 52-42 - WHAT'S with THAT score!! Okay, I'll take a win, no matter how ugly or pretty but I had so much hope for the defense this year. It was, however, just the first game so I expect they'll kick it in gear soon - I am hoping anyway. They have improved over last year but 42 points is a LOT. That being said, I haven't seen the stats yet but Falls looked good - I was happy with the win - just a little disturbed by thoughts of the defense going up against Northshore...two weeks and counting.

One thing for sure though, I noticed a team down there...they seemed to have a great attitude which I never saw last year. Hopefully, it will keep up and this year can be something special.

C-Dub, Cywoods - good seeing you guys! Good luck tomorrow night.

cyfallsbooster2
08-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Don't know if it is the site or my connection that is slow as heck tonight, but it is aggrevating......:mad:

Game One Down......

Eagles get the win......FINALLY! I left with 1:29 left and Falls was up 52-41. I suspect that is where it ended as Raffield would not run the score up for sport.

My take........

Offensive line!:notworthy
Great job, guys. If they can stay healthy, they will be awesome.

Jacob Poole!:notworthy
Every bit as good as his stepbrother or better.

Pierre Lucas!:notworthy
Runs like Shane Turner.....hit hard and fast and don't stop until you hit the groud!

Receiving Crew!:notworthy
Very good group that can catch a ball.

Overall for a game 1....Offense gets an A+! The offense is BACK!

Defense.........
They look to have the parts and pieces, but results were poor. Poor tackling, poor reads, poor tackling, poor effort, poor tackling.......
These kids can do so much better from what I saw. LATE in the game I saw improvement, so maybe they are learning the new defense....Coaches, wear their butts out on tackling drills!!!!

Overall for game 1.....D-!

Who ever said Bryan had nothing....stop blowing smoke. That qb and tailback are FAST, FAST, FAST! Offensive line is very BIG and good. That is a BIG and quick Defensive front 7. Secondary is a little suspect.

My 2 cents. Falls' offense is back......defense needs to step up.

cyfallsbooster2
08-28-2009, 11:46 PM
One thing for sure though, I noticed a team down there...they seemed to have a great attitude which I never saw last year. Hopefully, it will keep up and this year can be something special.

This slow connection tonight has me so aggrivated I forgot to mention that part. I saw it too. The TEAM was into it tonight. Keep building on that kids! There was a slight dip in the attitude when we could not stop Bryan on the first drive after the half....but you can't let that happen. No matter what happens.....trust in your cape.;)

There was a much better collection of athletes on the sidelines tonight verses last year. If they stay healthy......Falls can make some noise this year. RTD!!!!:notworthy

CyFallsMom
08-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Just checked the stats - Cy Falls had 622 (SIX HUNDRED TWENTY TWO!!!) yards of offense!!! That's insane!!! I LOVE IT.

Now Bryan had 387 yards but we won't focus on that LOL

Poole had 77.78% completions. I think it was 15-21 for 387 yards or something like that. He had 190 rushing, Lucas had 105 and Johnson had 190 yards receiving. Troy Mitchell was the other QB (I think) and he had some rushing and passing too as did some others. Very impressive offensive stats Eagles!!

cyfallsbooster2
08-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Just checked the stats - Cy Falls had 622 (SIX HUNDRED TWENTY TWO!!!) yards of offense!!! That's insane!!! I LOVE IT.

Now Bryan had 387 yards but we won't focus on that LOL

Poole had 77.78% completions. I think it was 15-21 for 387 yards or something like that. He had 190 rushing, Lucas had 105 and Johnson had 190 yards receiving. Troy Mitchell was the other QB (I think) and he had some rushing and passing too as did some others. Very impressive offensive stats Eagles!!

Wow.....Just wow.

C-DUB
08-29-2009, 08:47 AM

Okay, the positive first - we WON!!! 52-42. Barnburner. This offense, for a first game of the season, looked very promising indeed. Dean Johnson looked good at WR, Pierre Lucas was right back where he left off. Jacob Poole and the new Soph QB both did well. Jacob reminded me of Jeff Welch a couple of times - and we were sitting with Jeff Sr. too - always good to see him. Jeff was the best QB I've ever witnessed in any team I've followed over the years with the possible exception of Jeff Achilles at SB. Just a great leader. Jacob could develop into just such a player I think too. Tre Carter - Sophomore - OMG!! He could be something really special along with Pierre - along the lines of a Shane Turner or a Jack Freeman. Gladney was a nice surprise too. The O Line has definitely improved.

Now the negative - we won 52-42 - WHAT'S with THAT score!! Okay, I'll take a win, no matter how ugly or pretty but I had so much hope for the defense this year. It was, however, just the first game so I expect they'll kick it in gear soon - I am hoping anyway. They have improved over last year but 42 points is a LOT. That being said, I haven't seen the stats yet but Falls looked good - I was happy with the win - just a little disturbed by thoughts of the defense going up against Northshore...two weeks and counting.

C-Dub, Cywoods - good seeing you guys! Good luck tomorrow night.

Congrats, Good to see you Cy-Falls Mom. Boost enjoyed visiting you and your awesome Son. Enjoyed watching the teams run up and down the field.:p
The scoreboard looked like a cash register during the Boom. Enjoyed the game and look forward to doing it again soon. Mom, tell your Eagles Nest to calm down.;)

cyfallsbooster2
08-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Congrats, Good to see you Cy-Falls Mom. Boost enjoyed visiting you and your awesome Son. Enjoyed watching the teams run up and down the field.:p
The scoreboard looked like a cash register during the Boom. Enjoyed the game and look forward to doing it again soon. Mom, tell your Eagles Nest to calm down.;)

Thanks for coming out to see the team, C-Dub and cywoods. Always good to see you guys. This is starting out like it could be an exciting year for the Eagles and the district.

CyFallsMom
08-29-2009, 09:06 AM

LOL - We are, for the most part, former band parents and none of our kids even go to the games anymore. We have never had kids play football - we just love the game. Three of us are former drill teamers so we do get loud and we like to critique the drill teams....none of which can touch ours from the 70's of course.

It was a fun game to say the least but that migraine didn't go away until about 2:00 am. Thankfully one of my band alumni friends was upstairs and had some Advil. Like I said - have to get in "game shape":D. I'm not sure if Booster has met my son - may have him confused with someone else.

cyfallsbooster2
08-29-2009, 09:31 AM
LOL - We are, for the most part, former band parents and none of our kids even go to the games anymore. We have never had kids play football - we just love the game. Three of us are former drill teamers so we do get loud and we like to critique the drill teams....none of which can touch ours from the 70's of course.

It was a fun game to say the least but that migraine didn't go away until about 2:00 am. Thankfully one of my band alumni friends was upstairs and had some Advil. Like I said - have to get in "game shape":D. I'm not sure if Booster has met my son - may have him confused with someone else.

Mom, there was a period in that sentence.:rolleyes: C-Dub was talking about my son who was sitting with us last night.:Music

CyFallsMom
08-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Mom, there was a period in that sentence.:rolleyes: C-Dub was talking about my son who was sitting with us last night.:Music

Actually, a comma would have made the difference. Buty, hey, it's early what can I say. While my son IS awesome - I just couldn't remember that meeting:p. You see, I wasn't introduced to Booster, Jr. so...well, there you go;). Good to see you again though - it was good to be back at the Berry.

C-DUB
08-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Actually, a comma would have made the difference. Buty, hey, it's early what can I say. While my son IS awesome - I just couldn't remember that meeting:p. You see, I wasn't introduced to Booster, Jr. so...well, there you go;). Good to see you again though - it was good to be back at the Berry.

I did better at English Lit?:o

bryanvikings
08-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Don't know if it is the site or my connection that is slow as heck tonight, but it is aggrevating......:mad:

Game One Down......

Eagles get the win......FINALLY! I left with 1:29 left and Falls was up 52-41. I suspect that is where it ended as Raffield would not run the score up for sport.

My take........

Offensive line!:notworthy
Great job, guys. If they can stay healthy, they will be awesome.

Jacob Poole!:notworthy
Every bit as good as his stepbrother or better.

Pierre Lucas!:notworthy
Runs like Shane Turner.....hit hard and fast and don't stop until you hit the groud!

Receiving Crew!:notworthy
Very good group that can catch a ball.

Overall for a game 1....Offense gets an A+! The offense is BACK!

Defense.........
They look to have the parts and pieces, but results were poor. Poor tackling, poor reads, poor tackling, poor effort, poor tackling.......
These kids can do so much better from what I saw. LATE in the game I saw improvement, so maybe they are learning the new defense....Coaches, wear their butts out on tackling drills!!!!

Overall for game 1.....D-!

Who ever said Bryan had nothing....stop blowing smoke. That qb and tailback are FAST, FAST, FAST! Offensive line is very BIG and good. That is a BIG and quick Defensive front 7. Secondary is a little suspect.

My 2 cents. Falls' offense is back......defense needs to step up.

It was me and I was referring to the secondary.

cyfallsbooster2
08-29-2009, 10:38 AM
It was me and I was referring to the secondary.

Get that part fixed (same need for Falls) and the Vikings will be pretty strong this year, again. I think your qb and tailback were bigger than our linebackers.:eek: And they used the stiff arm very effectively.

bryanvikings
08-29-2009, 10:41 AM
The quarterback is a senior, and the running back is a junior. The guy that ran that kickoff return back was a sophmore, and he can also play a little bit of tailback.

bryanvikings
08-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Get that part fixed (same need for Falls) and the Vikings will be pretty strong this year, again. I think your qb and tailback were bigger than our linebackers.:eek: And they used the stiff arm very effectively.

Thanks man, the quarterback is a senior, and the running back is a junior. The guy that ran that kickoff return back was a sophmore, he can also play a little bit of tailback.

cyfallsbooster2
08-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Your middle linebacker was a monster also. That guy was stout!

bryanvikings
08-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Your middle linebacker was a monster also. That guy was stout!

Thanks, I cant wait to see them in action at home vs Leander next friday.

cywoods
08-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks for coming out to see the team, C-Dub and cywoods. Always good to see you guys. This is starting out like it could be an exciting year for the Eagles and the district.

Good to see you CFB2, your son and Mom with her cheering section. I agree there is something to cheer about at Fall's this year. The offense can score quick but the defense needs a little fine tuning. No doubt, ours will be a competitive district and will make for some exciting games. Have to wait until next week to see what Wood's has this year. Hopefully they will be competitive also. Good luck next week. Mom, you need to come with us for our pre-game warm-ups. You wont have to worry about that headache until the next day.:D See ya'll in the stands.

ktCarl
08-29-2009, 12:55 PM

You don't mean the 'no defense' talk? :D

Actually, the Falls/Bryan match-up is turning out to be one of the best on opening day in our area. It's becoming the game to watch.

CyFallsMom
08-29-2009, 01:50 PM

Actually, the Falls/Bryan match-up is turning out to be one of the best on opening day in our area. It's becoming the game to watch.

Yeah, THAT talk:). We deserve it but it was a very exciting game no doubt. Good luck tonight!!! I'll be watching on TV.

CyFallsMom
08-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Good to see you CFB2, your son and Mom with her cheering section. I agree there is something to cheer about at Fall's this year. The offense can score quick but the defense needs a little fine tuning. No doubt, ours will be a competitive district and will make for some exciting games. Have to wait until next week to see what Wood's has this year. Hopefully they will be competitive also. Good luck next week. Mom, you need to come with us for our pre-game warm-ups. You wont have to worry about that headache until the next day.:D See ya'll in the stands.

That was a bad one - got it right after that first score and it never left. I I just get way too into it and then I regret it...like the sore throat I have right now. What night is your game next week? If it's Saturday, I may just have to come have a look.

CyFalls#1
08-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Great to see CFMom and some of the gang, as well as some of the other CyFalls faithful. Kudos to Coach Raffield and his staff for fielding a "team" of players interested in "team" goals and unity - vs - individual achievement. Raffield and his staff are some of the best HS coaches around - his kids are privileged to have the opportunity to work with quality and principled men. While CyFalls may be a bit young and without the numbers of upperclassmen (due to rezoning), they are going to play every down with intensity and focus. And their younger players are ones to watch over the next couple of years. If they can get some of the "big nasties" to complement the skill talent they have, they will be right back on top and a force in Region II. Go Eagles and stick it to Katy! ;) (couldn't resist the jab)

cyfallsbooster2
08-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Great to see CFMom and some of the gang, as well as some of the other CyFalls faithful. Kudos to Coach Raffield and his staff for fielding a "team" of players interested in "team" goals and unity - vs - individual achievement. Raffield and his staff are some of the best HS coaches around - his kids are privileged to have the opportunity to work with quality and principled men. While CyFalls may be a bit young and without the numbers of upperclassmen (due to rezoning), they are going to play every down with intensity and focus. And their younger players are ones to watch over the next couple of years. If they can get some of the "big nasties" to complement the skill talent they have, they will be right back on top and a force in Region II. Go Eagles and stick it to Katy! ;) (couldn't resist the jab)

What a blast from the past! Thanks for re-visiting, CF#1. Just need Oldathlete to post and then we are complete.;)

This team does have the possiblities. They have the pieces. They are starting with a great TEAM attitude. Keep it up, kids. The fans will start showing as you continue.

The "big nasties" (OL) are starting out great! To have done what they did last night this early in the season......they will be awesome by mid season.:notworthy

The defense is going to be there. I saw a huge improvement from the start of the game until the end. Work hard, kids. You will get there!:notworthy

NSMustangProud
08-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Hello all you Cy-Fairer posters,
Hows some of my favorite posters on this board? I just wanted to drop in and say hello and welcome to another exciting year of football. I hope you are all doing well. I will be doing better once this Katy game is over....win or lose.

Hope all goes well for you this year.....all schools....all kids!

cyfallsbooster2
08-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Hello all you Cy-Fairer posters,
Hows some of my favorite posters on this board? I just wanted to drop in and say hello and welcome to another exciting year of football. I hope you are all doing well. I will be doing better once this Katy game is over....win or lose.

Hope all goes well for you this year.....all schools....all kids!

Hey, Proud! It looks like the Eagle Team may be starting in a good mental state. Us fans are excited about the possiblities this year from seeing last night's game. Personally, I am anxious to see what the Team can do against your team, but I know the TEAM is concentrating on Westfield for now. I am equally anxious to see what the TEAM can do against the ponies at Westfield. Good luck to your guys staying healthy in tonight's game! It's going to be a tough one.:cool:

cyfallsbooster2
08-30-2009, 02:15 PM

Did you or dada make it out?

ktCarl
08-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Did you or dada make it out?

Nope, but the Falls/Bryan matchup seems to be entertaining.

Where's your ol' buddy Fleeman? :D

cyfallsbooster2
08-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Sunday night after Week 0.......

After a day and a half of thinking back on the first game.......I am pumped as a fan! The biggest thing that impressed me was the TEAM attitude I saw Friday night. Keep that, kids. Hold it tight. THAT is what is going to let you soar this season. It takes a TEAM to do what you want to accomplish. I know your coaches are telling you the same thing.....BELIEVE IT! Spread your arms and hold your breath and trust in your "cape". It is going to get tough at times this year. It always does. This is a tough sport. You will have some "stud" players go down for a while, YOU may go down for a while....it happens in this game. What that means is that the REST must pick it up and make up that gap. Listen to your coaches......my son played for these guys....they know what they are doing......they can help you succeed in you goals. Take it one week...... one DAY at a time. Listen to your coaches.....they will show you how to lead the TEAM.

TEAM>>me............TEAM...TEAM.....TEAM!

Great job, kids.:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

cyfallsbooster2
08-30-2009, 02:36 PM

Shhhhhhh! Don't wake him up! These kids are starting off in a good spot......no need for him to ruin it for them.:D

Hey, I see alot more offensive potential in the Bryan team than the prior 3 years. If they can get the secondary issues cleaned up (which I expect them to be able to do) they will be a tough team this year.

bryanvikings
08-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Shhhhhhh! Don't wake him up! These kids are starting off in a good spot......no need for him to ruin it for them.:D

Hey, I see alot more offensive potential in the Bryan team than the prior 3 years. If they can get the secondary issues cleaned up (which I expect them to be able to do) they will be a tough team this year.

I sure hope so!

CyFallsMom
08-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Sunday night after Week 0.......

After a day and a half of thinking back on the first game.......I am pumped as a fan! The biggest thing that impressed me was the TEAM attitude I saw Friday night. Keep that, kids. Hold it tight. THAT is what is going to let you soar this season. It takes a TEAM to do what you want to accomplish. I know your coaches are telling you the same thing.....BELIEVE IT! Spread your arms and hold your breath and trust in your "cape". It is going to get tough at times this year. It always does. This is a tough sport. You will have some "stud" players go down for a while, YOU may go down for a while....it happens in this game. What that means is that the REST must pick it up and make up that gap. Listen to your coaches......my son played for these guys....they know what they are doing......they can help you succeed in you goals. Take it one week...... one DAY at a time. Listen to your coaches.....they will show you how to lead the TEAM.

TEAM>>me............TEAM...TEAM.....TEAM!

Great job, kids.:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Great post Booster!! When that 2006 team first took the field, I knew there was something different about them - something special and something that told me they were a TEAM. I felt that way watching these boys on Friday too. Now the 2006 was a team that we expected to be where they were at the end while this one has been barely given a glance except by those of us who have the feeling they might just be a special team just as 2006 was. I could be totally overevaluating the situation but, really, I haven't seen them start of that well (offensively) for a while.

One thing it reminded me of was a motto that Coach Cripps used and I have used it even when working with a team of business people. "THERE IS NO 'I' IN TEAM". I know it's not original but it speaks volumes and is a great way to think. I believe I witnessed some of that Friday - let's hope it continues and they just get stronger and better as a team, as players and as people!

Fleeman93
08-30-2009, 07:01 PM

Nothing to say, the score says it all.

cyfallsbooster2
08-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Nothing to say, the score says it all.

That's right...we got more....they got less.:ninja:

Fleeman93
08-30-2009, 08:25 PM
That's right...we got more....they got less.:ninja:

That's how it always works for those Fair teams and it is a poor strategy in my opinion.

cyfallsbooster2
08-30-2009, 08:37 PM
That's how it always works for those Fair teams and it is a poor strategy in my opinion.

Actually worked 2 out of 2 times.......almost. The funny thing is.......if you score more than your opponent..........YOU WIN!:D

Fleeman93
08-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Well yes it works against teams that don't play defense but as everyone knows teams don't win state without a defense so sooner or later it will catch up.

cyfallsbooster2
08-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Well yes it works against teams that don't play defense but as everyone knows teams don't win state without a defense so sooner or later it will catch up.

So it caught up with Katy before it caught up with Falls?

Fleeman93
08-30-2009, 08:56 PM
So it caught up with Katy before it caught up with Falls?

With what game or games are you talking about?

cyfallsbooster2
08-30-2009, 09:04 PM
With what game or games are you talking about?

LOL! You are so funny!:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

cfisdbacker
08-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Congrats on a great win this weekend!

Fleeman93
08-30-2009, 09:22 PM
LOL! You are so funny!:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Seriously what game or games?

cyfallsbooster2
08-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Seriously what game or games?

Any game you want to choose! Falls held Katy to fewer points than their game average and scored more than Katy's game average. They were just so much better than you.:D

C-DUB
08-30-2009, 09:33 PM

You have to be able to do both in our region.:D

cyfallsbooster2
08-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Just noticed an anomoly. Usually, the posts will run pretty close to 10% of the views. Right now, the views are running double that rate. Falls is starting to catch some attention.:cool:

Fleeman93
08-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Any game you want to choose! Falls held Katy to fewer points than their game average and scored more than Katy's game average. They were just so much better than you.:D

You make my point for me. Falls 06 actually had a defesne with all of that talent and look where it took Falls. Falls 06 really doesn't fall under one of the normal Fair no defense teams. Right?

Fleeman93
08-30-2009, 09:49 PM
You have to be able to do both in our region.:D

My point was that you have to do both to win state. What was the last R2 team to win state?

cyfallsbooster2
08-30-2009, 09:52 PM
You make my point for me. Falls 06 actually had a defesne with all of that talent and look where it took Falls. Falls 06 really doesn't fall under one of the normal Fair no defense teams. Right?

Actuallly it is more in line with the typical Falls team. You just don't want to admit it.;) I'm finished with your jealous bs for this year. I am ready to move on with the team. They have a much more difficult region to deal with this year. I want to help them focus on that. See ya!:cool:

C-DUB
08-30-2009, 09:52 PM
My point was that you have to do both to win state. What was the last R2 team to win state?

I'm guessing Katy

Fleeman93
08-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Actuallly it is more in line with the typical Falls team. You just don't want to admit it.;) I'm finished with your jealous bs for this year. I am ready to move on with the team. They have a much more difficult region to deal with this year. I want to help them focus on that. See ya!:cool:

Jealous of what Booster? I believe I have even heard you say that the district doesn't play great defense. Are you saying that most Falls' teams have better than average defenses?

Fleeman93
08-30-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm guessing Katy

Katy has never been in R2. It was an honest question. I know Pflugerville played for state in 07 but I can't remember the last R2 team to win state.

C-DUB
08-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Katy has never been in R2. It was an honest question. I know Pflugerville played for state in 07 but I can't remember the last R2 team to win state.

2004 Tyler Lee

CyFallsMom
08-31-2009, 05:39 AM
Just noticed an anomoly. Usually, the posts will run pretty close to 10% of the views. Right now, the views are running double that rate. Falls is starting to catch some attention.:cool:

Flee would like it is we just went away and never came back!! Gosh, PLAYER OF THE WEEK no less. We may lose and more than likely will lose a game or two or three but it gets under his skin that any attention is thrown our way. Katy's defense looked good on Saturday. Offense - not so much. We had the opposite issue. Which game was more exciting? Hands down, Cy Falls and Bryan.:D. The Katy/NS game bored me to tears. While I am hoping our defense gets better and we do need defense, I agree, I love to see that offense when it's clicking!!

Fleeman93
08-31-2009, 08:54 AM
Flee would like it is we just went away and never came back!! Gosh, PLAYER OF THE WEEK no less. We may lose and more than likely will lose a game or two or three but it gets under his skin that any attention is thrown our way. Katy's defense looked good on Saturday. Offense - not so much. We had the opposite issue. Which game was more exciting? Hands down, Cy Falls and Bryan.:D. The Katy/NS game bored me to tears. While I am hoping our defense gets better and we do need defense, I agree, I love to see that offense when it's clicking!!

Please don't bring Katy into this thread or I will have to start talking about them and neither of us want that. All I am saying is that it looks like Falls has another team that has a great offense and a not so strong defense. Hey I may be wrong and Bryan could have one of the best offenses in the state but I don't think so. I would love to see more Houston area teams make deep runs but Falls won't do it without playing defense. I mean if we are being honest here then tell me how many times you have seen a team put uup 622 yards of total offense (374 rushing yards and 248 passing yards) and 29 first downs and only win the game by 10 points while playing any kind of defense at all. Not sure what Westfield will bring to the game but North Shore will certainly tell us something about Falls.

CyFallsMom
08-31-2009, 09:28 AM
Please don't bring Katy into this thread or I will have to start talking about them and neither of us want that. All I am saying is that it looks like Falls has another team that has a great offense and a not so strong defense. Hey I may be wrong and Bryan could have one of the best offenses in the state but I don't think so. I would love to see more Houston area teams make deep runs but Falls won't do it without playing defense. I mean if we are being honest here then tell me how many times you have seen a team put uup 622 yards of total offense (374 rushing yards and 248 passing yards) and 29 first downs and only win the game by 10 points while playing any kind of defense at all. Not sure what Westfield will bring to the game but North Shore will certainly tell us something about Falls.

I agree that we need defense - everyone sitting around me knew that on Friday. That is frustrating. But it was still an exciting game nonetheless and the Offense was amazing this early in the season - I didn't even see that in 2006. Westfield will be a test for sure - they always are - and Northshore has a very stout defense. I'm not sure how we will stand up to them. If our offense plays like they did on Friday (i.e. - all OVER the field and then some), we stand a chance against both. But they will score on us - there is no doubt about that unless our defense gets a lot stronger and quickly. Since I don't see it happening that soon, who knows what will happen. It's just preseason and nobody outside of the Falls fanbase gives Falls much of a chance so anything is possible. I would take a win in district any day over a win in preseason.

Fleeman93
08-31-2009, 09:29 AM
I agree that we need defense - everyone sitting around me knew that on Friday. That is frustrating. But it was still an exciting game nonetheless and the Offense was amazing this early in the season - I didn't even see that in 2006. Westfield will be a test for sure - they always are - and Northshore has a very stout defense. I'm not sure how we will stand up to them. If our offense plays like they did on Friday (i.e. - all OVER the field and then some), we stand a chance against both. But they will score on us - there is no doubt about that unless our defense gets a lot stronger and quickly. Since I don't see it happening that soon, who knows what will happen. It's just preseason and nobody outside of the Falls fanbase gives Falls much of a chance so anything is possible. I would take a win in district any day over a win in preseason.

Good post.

cyfallsbooster2
08-31-2009, 09:31 AM
Week 1 - Westfield comes to visit the Berry.

This should be a even bigger challenge and test for the Eagles. Westfield always brings a well coached, highly motivated group of tremendous talent. Can the Eagles be as productive on offense and improve enough on defense to end the week at 2-0? The game between these two teams two years ago was an absolute shootout. Do we expect the same this year?

cyfallsbooster2
09-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Dig down and find this thing again.

cyfallsbooster2
09-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Anyone who saw the Bryan game last week think that this year's Eagles are capable of '06 success? I see near the same level of talent. I see the start of the same level of heart. Can this team accept the challenges that leads to that success?

What it takes is "one game at a time". This game, this week is the most important. What does it take to succeed THIS week? It is a mind set that wins games. Your coaches will tell you what that is. Listen to them. This group of men are good......they can get you where you want to go.:cool:

t00 playa
09-01-2009, 09:40 PM

Thats because you dont know what its like to be in a good game with a good team.... and since you guys dont know a thing about defense... im guessing thats why you guys have the success you guys have year in year out...:eek::eek:

t00 playa
09-01-2009, 09:44 PM

I dont agree with that statement... you guys play offense...big time....it will be a good test for us..... win or lose get us ready for SLC:eek:

cyfallsbooster2
09-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Thats because you dont know what its like to be in a good game with a good team.... and since you guys dont know a thing about defense... im guessing thats why you guys have the success you guys have year in year out...:eek::eek:

I'm confused by what your point is, but........

WE don't know what it is like to be in good game with a good team?!!!!

Let's start with Falls/Katy '05.
Continue with Falls/Katy '06.
Continue with Falls/Westfield '07.
Continue with Falls/Cy Fair '07.
Continue with Beaumont Westbrook, SA Madison, Ike, etc., etc., etc.

We have been in some great games against some very good teams. Unless of course you think that region 3 teams are weak.

cyfallsbooster2
09-01-2009, 10:01 PM
I dont agree with that statement... you guys play offense...big time....it will be a good test for us..... win or lose get us ready for SLC:eek:

On our side, let's hope so. But this week Falls has a difficult game in Westfield. They may not be as big as Shore, but they are every bit the challenge, if not more so. Let the team get through this week and learn from it, then they can work to get ready for Shore.;)

cyfallsbooster2
09-01-2009, 10:13 PM

So Falls is just a practice game for the REAL game?:ninja:

t00 playa
09-02-2009, 09:29 PM
So Falls is just a practice game for the REAL game?:ninja:

Not at all...I think falls will be a big game for us. High powered offense that can really put up points fast... at least we will have seen an offense like that before we head to corsicana... but i have always thought you guys were dangerous because of the offense... but I will be looking forward to that game as well.... we both have tough games this week... maybwe we peaked in week 0... who knows!!:eek:

cyfallsbooster2
09-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Not at all...I think falls will be a big game for us. High powered offense that can really put up points fast... at least we will have seen an offense like that before we head to corsicana... but i have always thought you guys were dangerous because of the offense... but I will be looking forward to that game as well.... we both have tough games this week... maybwe we peaked in week 0... who knows!!:eek:

Seriously doubt that.;) Next week, us fans will be really excited about our team going up against yours for the first time.

CyFallsMom
09-03-2009, 03:09 AM

Absolutely we've had great games against great teams...just see Booster's list above. We just aren't known for defense so when you go to a game, you are used to seeing lots of scoring. I know the Katy/NS game was a good game, it just wasn't a fun game - boring was more like it. While I would like to see us play better (way better) defense, I'm not a fan of defensive struggles. While we don't have a trophy, we have made it to the big game and we have been in playoffs quite a bit over the past few years (let's pretend 2008 didn't happen though:eek:). Hopefully, we will get back to the playoffs this year but first we have to get through a very tough district - talk about big games!!

CyFallsMom
09-03-2009, 03:12 AM

As most of the posters here believe, though, defense beats offense. If they other team doesn't score, you win. So, from what I could tell, that NS defense is pretty darn good. Our defense will have to step it up to stop the offense, which also looked potent but went up against an equally good Katy D. I think our offense will do better but, again, that's NEXT week. We need to see how both our teams do this week. I have a feeling NS will be looking to restart that streak.

cyfallsbooster2
09-03-2009, 08:43 AM
IT geeks are playing with the new site again. Shows this thread was moved.:eek: To where?:confused:

Now I see. New room for "team threads". That sux.

cyfallsbooster2
09-03-2009, 03:07 PM
The Westfield game this weekend is going to be an interesting one to see. We can see where the team stacks up against teams like the Mustangs. Much like the Vikings only more team speed and probably better coaching. Let's hope the defense has been working on tackling drills this week.

t00 playa
09-03-2009, 09:23 PM
good luck this week.:eek:

cyfallsbooster2
09-04-2009, 08:55 AM
good luck this week.:eek:

Same to you and your Mustangs! See ya' next week.;) I'm glad Falls' game with NS is next week and not this week. Probably some pretty pi$$ed off Mustangs over there this week.

C-DUB
09-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Same to you and your Mustangs! See ya' next week.;) I'm glad Falls' game with NS is next week and not this week. Probably some pretty pi$$ed off Mustangs over there this week.

That will leave a mark:eek:

CyFallsMom
09-04-2009, 09:03 AM

That's for sure!!!:)

I just can't until tonight for THIS weeks game!

cyfallsbooster2
09-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Thoughts on tonight.

WF won 40-21. BUT! that does not tell the story.

Defense.....B+! Great leap forward from last week! Outside of 3 plays, you guys were awesome! Find a way to get #44 on the field more!

OL ....A.......another solid game.

Receivers...B+......there were some passes that went through the hands.

RB's.....A......Lucas went down early but the DB filled in very nicely.;)

QB.....B for Poole......pressed too hard some times. OK, you were sick.....get over it.;) Trey.....B also. Great job, kid! Fantastic running skills.....the receivers need to learn how to catch your passes!:ninja:

I am SOOOOOOOO pumped from watching this game! You played the 2's for much of the game......from about 2nd quarter on.......and everyone looked good! Great attitude again from everyone! Keep it up, kids! You can do something special this year.

CyFallsMom
09-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Thoughts on tonight.

WF won 40-21. BUT! that does not tell the story.

Defense.....B+! Great leap forward from last week! Outside of 3 plays, you guys were awesome! Find a way to get #44 on the field more!

OL ....A.......another solid game.

Receivers...B+......there were some passes that went through the hands.

RB's.....A......Lucas went down early but the DB filled in very nicely.;)

QB.....B for Poole......pressed too hard some times. OK, you were sick.....get over it.;) Trey.....B also. Great job, kid! Fantastic running skills.....the receivers need to learn how to catch your passes!:ninja:

I am SOOOOOOOO pumped from watching this game! You played the 2's for much of the game......from about 2nd quarter on.......and everyone looked good! Great attitude again from everyone! Keep it up, kids! You can do something special this year.

Ditto - couldn't have said it better!!:D

cyfallsbooster2
09-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Week 2 and North Shore is on tap for this week. This is going to be a brutal game for the team. They are big, strong and fast! This week they are ranked #11 in the state. In week 0, they took the #1 team in the state to the wire. Offense is going to have to perform flawlessly and the defense is really going to have to step it up another notch. Big, big challenge for the team. The defense will have to contain better than they did last week against Westfield. Make NS work their way down the field and come up with some stops and or turnovers along the way. The NS defense is very strong against the run so the OL is going to have to figure a way to create seams for the running game and they will have to keep the boogies off of Poole on the passes. With the success Poole had running in week 0, I suspect NS will have a scout on him this game. Figure out who that is and account for him every play. Receivers are going to have to find the open spot quickly and make the catches.

Good luck, Eagles!

t00 playa
09-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Week 2 and North Shore is on tap for this week. This is going to be a brutal game for the team. They are big, strong and fast! This week they are ranked #11 in the state. In week 0, they took the #1 team in the state to the wire. Offense is going to have to perform flawlessly and the defense is really going to have to step it up another notch. Big, big challenge for the team. The defense will have to contain better than they did last week against Westfield. Make NS work their way down the field and come up with some stops and or turnovers along the way. The NS defense is very strong against the run so the OL is going to have to figure a way to create seams for the running game and they will have to keep the boogies off of Poole on the passes. With the success Poole had running in week 0, I suspect NS will have a scout on him this game. Figure out who that is and account for him every play. Receivers are going to have to find the open spot quickly and make the catches.

Good luck, Eagles!

good analysis.....:eek:

cyfallsbooster2
09-10-2009, 07:49 PM
good analysis.....:eek:

Like I said, a huge challenge for Falls this week. I have seen something in these kids' eyes.......big challenge, but I think they are up to the challenge. They can do this if they want to. Will it be easy? No. What are they willing to give in order to succeed? What does success cost? Ask '06........It is EVERYTHING! Whatever you have, you better give it this week.:ninja:

t00 playa
09-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Like I said, a huge challenge for Falls this week. I have seen something in these kids' eyes.......big challenge, but I think they are up to the challenge. They can do this if they want to. Will it be easy? No. What are they willing to give in order to succeed? What does success cost? Ask '06........It is EVERYTHING! Whatever you have, you better give it this week.:ninja:

Leave early! i know when we went to the berry center...many ppl didnt get there until halftime.....but you guys should be good...theres not much here on the east side so traffic wont be bad....:eek:

cyfallsbooster2
09-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Leave early! i know when we went to the berry center...many ppl didnt get there until halftime.....but you guys should be good...theres not much here on the east side so traffic wont be bad....:eek:

I think I will be taking my "game gear" to work on I-10 at gessner and leaving from there rather than trying to come back out here and trying to go. Good plan?

t00 playa
09-11-2009, 11:36 PM
I think I will be taking my "game gear" to work on I-10 at gessner and leaving from there rather than trying to come back out here and trying to go. Good plan?

you should have called me up and joined us at the pregame meal:eek:

cyfallsbooster2
09-12-2009, 12:12 AM
you should have called me up and joined us at the pregame meal:eek:

I may have been able to make it. I left the house (rather than work) about 5:30 and made it there 20 minutes before game time. Not too bad on the beltway once I got past 249. Appreciate the thought.;)

t00 playa
09-12-2009, 01:39 PM
where were your fans???? I figured you guys would have had more than what showed up last night....:eek:

cyfallsbooster2
09-12-2009, 02:26 PM
where were your fans???? I figured you guys would have had more than what showed up last night....:eek:

I am sure that with everyone except the Team, coaches and the few of us all-the-time fans expecting a blow-out and the high probablity of rain kept the bandwagoners home. Mostly just players'/band/cheer parents were there. Of course CFMom and I were there and I did see the Krystenicks (sp?) there. Most of the schools in our district don't have a large following probably because of the number of schools spreading the community ties out and several new schools, we just never build up a long time following. I wish we did. But I will be there to cheer them on every chance I get.

I am also starting to get the time to learn this year's players better. After looking at what we put on the field last night and what's on the roster this year and then seeing the stats this morning....Falls had a pretty good game last night! I am impressed. I will go into it more on this thread a little later this evening or tomorrow, but just to give you an idea.....our starting rb was on the sidelines last night in shorts so the rb that played was a soph. The back up qb that came into the game in the 3rd is a soph. The starting nose tackle is a jr. Falls is fielding a pretty young team this year and they are having some fair success against some tremendous programs. Falls is going to do well this year and be even stronger in the years to come.:D Let these babies grow up a little more and then they will come visit and see if your kids can come out and play again.:D

CyFallsMom
09-13-2009, 05:02 PM

We have never travelled well like some schools. Even the state game, we didn't completely fill our side. I like to think it's because we've been rezoned so many times that some folks just lose interest in it. That's a long drive too and many people were hearing that it was an 80% chance of rain. I just took a chance and it ended up being nice.

And as Booster said, next year, I expect this team to be really, REALLY good. This year they are good. NS is just better and more seasoned. We should do well in district.

CyFallsMom
09-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Here are the stats. Amazingly, they are pretty even with the exception of rushing yards. Those 4 turnovers didn't help us though. Lots of penalties on both sides

Cy Falls Northshore
Total yds 369 477
First Dns 19 19
Rush/yds 34/209 38/324
Comp/Atts 17/38/2 11/19/0
Pass yds 141 153
Fumbles/lost 4/2 2/0
Penalties/yds 7-60 10-90

cyfallsbooster2
09-16-2009, 08:59 PM
It's open this week so I have been trying to take care of bidness.;)

This team has just gone through probably THE toughest non-district schedule in the state. Bryan, Westfield, North Shore. AND they came out in good shape. With that schedule, Falls could have been looking at 0-3.....they are 1-2.....GREAT job kids! That may sound goofy, but.........

1300 yards of offense.....averaging 400+ yards per game against THAT line -up?!!!!! Absolutely fantastic! Holding the teams YOU played to lower stats than they have produced in their other games.....GREAT!!!! This is going to be a good year for the Eagles!

You now go into district. I am sure one of your goals is to win district. That is not going to be easy in 15-5A. We have one of the best districts in the State and YOU will not be able to slack off for a single play. There is not a single team in this district that can be taken for granted. Some outside of district are doing that and getting their butts handed to them. You know better.......you know each team is lethel. Go for it guys.....each game, each team.....WIN DISTRICT!!!!

YOU have the ability. You have shown better against better competition than any other team in the district. The OL is totally awesome! Tre ran for almost 200 yards against NS! Fantastic job, OL! That was one heck of a defensive line YOU did that to! You did the same against Westfield. We just need to step it up inside the red zone. YOU will be the key to this year's success on offense.:cool:

Defense......I am so glad to see that this year we actually have one!!!! Some points have been put up against you.....but....they have been on big plays. The other 90% of the plays, you are stopping some big time talent! Keep working to contain that last 10% and YOU will support this team in where they end up.

And for the rest of the district and State.......THIS TEAM is something to be concerned about.......this year and several to come.:cool: This is a young team that is about to blow it out!

CyFallsMom
09-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Well said Booster. I totally agree. There are some fans who would be miserable with a 1-2 start (you ALL know who you are;)). I saw so many good things going on at various times and, like you said, against THESE TEAMS! The defense gets better each game and better than I've seen them in a while. That sure gives me a lot to feel positive about. One game at a time and anything can happen. Anybody can win any game on any given night. I just see these guys playing in the playoffs - it's what I picture without any reservations whatsoever.

cyfallsbooster2
09-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Well said Booster. I totally agree. There are some fans who would be miserable with a 1-2 start (you ALL know who you are;)). I saw so many good things going on at various times and, like you said, against THESE TEAMS! The defense gets better each game and better than I've seen them in a while. That sure gives me a lot to feel positive about. One game at a time and anything can happen. Anybody can win any game on any given night. I just see these guys playing in the playoffs - it's what I picture without any reservations whatsoever.

More than that. This group CAN win district.:ninja:

CyFallsMom
09-23-2009, 10:24 PM
More than that. This group CAN win district.:ninja:

YES THEY CAN!!! And the run starts this week. I dare anyone out there to tell this group they can't. I haven't seen this kind of team spirit since 2006 - a fine team and group of young men if ever there was one. The future, both very near and distant, is so bright too with all the underclassmen on this team. I can't wait for Saturday!!!

cfisdbacker
09-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Saturday was a stumble - Falls will make the playoffs this year. They have a ton of talent and too good of coaching.

CyFallsMom
09-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Saturday was a stumble - Falls will make the playoffs this year. They have a ton of talent and too good of coaching.

I hope you're right! That was a bad game all around. What I hope is that JV is way better than we thought;).

cyfallsbooster2
09-28-2009, 07:56 AM
I hope you're right! That was a bad game all around. What I hope is that JV is way better than we thought;).

JV did look much better than I was expecting. They put a very good looking group of athletes on the field and they were well coached and played with alot of effort. I just did not see the same effort on the Falls side of the ball. Falls keeps moving the ball but not scoring. And their defense looked exactly the same as it did against Westfield and North Shore......good on many plays but never stopping drives and then letting the big one break. However, I don't believe JV has the team that Westfield and NS have. I am totally confused by this game. It was completely opposite from what I had been seeing out of the Falls players. And once again #11 hurts his team by not being able to maintain a little self control.

cyfallsbooster2
09-30-2009, 04:42 PM
The Springs game this week is very important to this team. They have shown that they can play. Every game is critical right now if a district championship is a goal of this team.

cyfallsbooster2
10-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Dropped the game to Springs. So now the question is.....what does the team do from here? Do they get back up and keep fighting? Or do they lay down? Decision time.:cool:

cyfallsbooster2
10-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Ok, they picked themselves up and got back in it with the win over Langham. Next game is Ridge. They are beatable, but it will take a huge effort on everyone's part. Can the Eagles build upon last week's positive direction? At this point, all they have to do is win out to get a share of the district title. Hopefully, this past weekend showed what can happen.

cyfallsbooster2
10-21-2009, 01:30 PM
The Eagles are starting to show some fire in their bellies again. Great effort against the Rams for a 50-34 win. I would say that was building on last week's success.

Now for Week 8 and the Cougars of Creek. What else can one say except that this is going to be a very big challenge for the defense. Creek has several weapons all over the field. Assignment football is what it is going to take. Each player has his assignment and must win his individual challenge on every play. Stay with your assignment, don't try to do too much and win your battle.....each time.

Beat Creek!!!!

cyfallsbooster2
10-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Falls equaled or bested the Cougars in the stats except for the one that counts.....scoreboard. However, the season is not over yet. There are still a few scenarios in which the Eagles can make the po's. They will need a little help from the Rams over at Ridge to make it happen.;)

GO RAMS!!!

CyFallsMom
10-31-2009, 07:44 AM
Falls equaled or bested the Cougars in the stats except for the one that counts.....scoreboard. However, the season is not over yet. There are still a few scenarios in which the Eagles can make the po's. They will need a little help from the Rams over at Ridge to make it happen.;)

GO RAMS!!!

Ridge took care of business last night....now I just hope the Bobcats don't have their one "game of the season" tonight!

cyfallsbooster2
11-04-2009, 03:58 PM
One last game to make a push for the playoffs. Win and keep playing......Lose and go home. What say you, Eagles?

Just Beat Woods.

cyfallsbooster2
11-05-2009, 08:51 AM
We have been through all the numbers and they all say the same thing. Win and in. Nothing else matters or affects your destiny this week. It is all up to the Team. As Al Davis says......."JUST WIN, BABY!!"

Just Beat Woods.

cyfallsbooster2
11-08-2009, 11:53 AM
You did it, guys!!!:notworthy

I don't think anyone outside the program or us fans gave you much of a chance in this game. But YOU stepped it up and beat Woods. You got yourselves into the po's. Now keep that same intensity going for about the next 6 weeks.;)

Tough game to start with. Stony Point, in their house. They had been ranked #1 in the state for most of the season. Another mountain to climb.:cool:

JBT
12-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Not football related... buuuuuuuuuut! My Mets signed Clint Everts to a one-year contract!!!! :) Hopefully he does really well!

CyFallsMom
02-01-2010, 02:08 PM
I can't believe I just now read this - that is exciting news. Hopefully he is very successful - I know he had Tommy John surgery a few years ago so that should be behind him. Would be so much fun to see him make it to the bigs....I wonder if the Mets will let him go like they did Scott?? It sure didn't hurt Scott in the end.;)

JBT
02-10-2010, 05:45 PM
I can't believe I just now read this - that is exciting news. Hopefully he is very successful - I know he had Tommy John surgery a few years ago so that should be behind him. Would be so much fun to see him make it to the bigs....I wonder if the Mets will let him go like they did Scott?? It sure didn't hurt Scott in the end.;)

Oh I was beyond excited!!! I really do hope he'll see some playing time. And I think they learned a lesson with Kazzy, after all, lots of Mets fans including myself like to call that trade one of their biggest mistakes :).

CyFallsMom
05-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Great article on the Eagles

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/04/26/cypress_sun/sports/042810_cyp-spring_football.txt

CyFallsMom
09-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Good luck to the Golden Eagles tonight - many of us are anticipating this season and next:yes:

GO EAGLES!