PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Lincoln Names New Coach

SLC
07-24-2009, 12:35 AM
The Dallas Morning News is reporting that James Argenti will be the Tigers new head coach...

James Argenti, who has more than 25 years of experience in the Dallas ISD, said he has been named Lincoln's head football coach.

Argenti was Lincoln's offensive coordinator from 2000 to 2003 and spent the last five seasons as Pinkston's coach. He has a 60-50-2 career record.

http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/content/topstories/stories/072409dnspolincoln.6e4f8043.html

No doubt it puts Pinkston in a bad spot to find a coach, a month before the season.

grayowl60
07-24-2009, 07:23 AM
The Dallas Morning News is reporting that James Argenti will be the Tigers new head coach...

http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/content/topstories/stories/072409dnspolincoln.6e4f8043.html

No doubt it puts Pinkston in a bad spot to find a coach, a month before the season.
Hope he can get them back on track. Not to long ago they were a blocked field goal away from a state championship

SLC
07-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Hope he can get them back on track. Not to long ago they were a blocked field goal away from a state championship

Yep. They have certainly had a drop off since Samples left the team...legal issues and stuff have done but make it worse. I've heard good things about Argenti and he has done some good things for Pinkston, so I think he can get Lincoln back to a respected program again.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-25-2009, 10:34 AM

Yep! That was just 4 or 5 years ago. He hasn't done a bad job at Pinkston but, this hurt Pinkston in a bad way. It's almost time for practice to start.

grayowl60
07-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Yep! That was just 4 or 5 years ago. He hasn't done a bad job at Pinkston but, this hurt Pinkston in a bad way. It's almost time for practice to start.
Seems like a Carter or Skyline assistant could move up (or dowm) to Pinkston

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Seems like a Carter or Skyline assistant could move up (or dowm) to Pinkston

That very well could happen! I think former SOC head coach JB Wallace joined the Skyline staff after Samples took over. Not sure though!

Is former Wilmer-Hutchins coach Mike Robinson still at North Mesquite?

E-Vol-ution
07-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Why did I think he went to Lancaster?

That very well could happen! I think former SOC head coach JB Wallace joined the Skyline staff after Samples took over. Not sure though!

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Why did I think he went to Lancaster?

He was at Lancaster for about a year, or 2. He left, and I think he went to Hillcrest, and then North Mesquite.

E-Vol-ution
07-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Man that's enough right there for me to not want him right now. Three schools in the past three years? But it could just be the fit..........I just think you should know all schools and staff will reflect differently than Hutch...I know there was a lot of resentment at Lancaster for students and teachers.

He was at Lancaster for about a year, or 2. He left, and I think he went to Hillcrest, and then North Mesquite.

grayowl60
07-25-2009, 11:20 AM

West Mesquite (4A) I thought. Doughtful he would go to DISD
Sorry, he is at North Mesquite

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Man that's enough right there for me to not want him right now. Three schools in the past three years? But it could just be the fit..........I just think you should know all schools and staff will reflect differently than Hutch...I know there was a lot of resentment at Lancaster for students and teachers.

Exactly! Cause, when Hutch shut down, one of the scenarios that made sense, would be to send the Hutch kids to Lancaster or Maceo. And, of course you know, Lancaster is right down the road from Hutch. It's barely 10 minutes. Not only did the students and teachers not want them, but most of the parents of those students didn't even want them. Now, all of the seniors to be went to SOC of course. SOC was another rival of Hutch, but it was a friendly rivalry like the Carter/Kimball one. Unfortunately, it didn't work out as a team. The underclassmen went to Roosevelt and, there fights everyday.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-25-2009, 11:28 AM
West Mesquite (4A) I thought. Doughtful he would go to DISD
Sorry, he is at North Mesquite

Okay! I'm thinking that this will be his 3rd year at North Mesquite! We'll see how he does this year!