PDA

View Full Version : ** Arlington Bowie Thread**

Pages : [1] 2

E-Vol-ution
07-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Decided to keep updates and news regarding Arlington Bowie in it's own thread to keep up with things........

Lastest news is Senior DT Diamonte Wheeler 6'3", 275 got an offer from Baylor to go along with offers from Iowa State, Minnesota, Texas Tech and Arkansas. Expect more......the kid has options.

pied
07-21-2009, 06:29 PM
There is a Bowie thread and no Lamar thread. I want to hurt myself.....

pied
07-21-2009, 06:30 PM
FYI-my above post has nothing to do with Bowie or the accomplishments of Diamonte who deserves congratulations.

E-Vol-ution
07-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Yep....no fun when the rabbit's got a gun. lol

There is a Bowie thread and no Lamar thread. I want to hurt myself.....

E-Vol-ution
07-31-2009, 12:30 PM
Arlington Bowie's Football Camp for 2nd to 9th graders ended last evening.......wasn't able to post the pics for some reason.

Wypirates03
07-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Arlington Bowie's Football Camp for 2nd to 9th graders ended last evening.......wasn't able to post the pics for some reason.

Obviously they don't want any pictures posted that have anything to do with AB.

:eek:

E-Vol-ution
07-31-2009, 12:45 PM
Strange......they cashed my subscription check for this month. lol
Obviously they don't want any pictures posted that have anything to do with AB.

:eek:

Wypirates03
07-31-2009, 12:58 PM
strange......they cashed my subscription check for this month. Lol

lol

E-Vol-ution
07-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Here we go.....courtesy of the Fort Worth Star Telegram:

Arlington Bowie football coach Kenny Perry loves giving back to community

By WILLIAM WILKERSON
Special to the Star-Telegram

<SCRIPT language=Javascript> function PopupPic(sPicURL, sHeight, sWidth) { window.open( "http://media.star-telegram.com/popup.html?"+sPicURL, "", "resizable=1,HEIGHT=" +sHeight+ ",WIDTH=" +sWidth); } </SCRIPT>Related Content

<!-- Start: /pubsys/production/story/assets/image_embedded.comp -->http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2009/07/30/22/848-HS_Camp2_6D_07-31-2009_Tarrant_N5UHLKG.embedded.prod_affiliate.58.jp g (http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2009/07/30/22/386-HS_Camp2_6D_07-31-2009_Tarrant_N5UHLKG.standalone.prod_affiliate.58. jpg)
<!-- Test to see if either credit_line or byline -->Special to the S-T/Brandon Wade
<!-- End Test --><!--Special to the S-T/Brandon Wade

-->Logan Woodall, 8, works on throwing a spiral during drills. Special to the S-T/Brandon Wade <!-- disable pictopia -->
<!-- End: /pubsys/production/story/assets/image_embedded.comp -->
<!-- Start: /pubsys/production/story/assets/image_thumbnail.comp -->http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2009/07/30/22/37-0731_Camp1_6D_07-31-2009_Tarrant_N5UHLK1.thumb.prod_affiliate.58.jpg (http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2009/07/30/22/285-0731_Camp1_6D_07-31-2009_Tarrant_N5UHLK1.standalone.prod_affiliate.58. jpg)<!-- End: /pubsys/production/story/assets/image_thumbnail.comp -->

<!-- & /shared/widgets/text_digger.comp & -->ARLINGTON — If 7-year-old Devin Perry had any say, the tooth fairy’s frequent visits to his home were going to have to wait at least until the end of Arlington Bowie’s free football camp.

While there were no contact drills at the two-day session that concluded Thursday at the school’s practice field, Perry wasn’t taking any chances. He sported a mouthpiece for good measure to protect his few permanent teeth already in place.
Most of the other 300 second- through ninth-graders threw caution to the wind at their chance to rub elbows with some of the current Volunteers. Some came dressed in usual football garb complete with a practice jersey and newly acquired cleats. Others slapped on a backward baseball cap and hit the ground running.
Bowie head coach Kenny Perry, no relation to Devin, may have had the most energy of anyone. If he wasn’t trying to solve the field’s immense ant problem, Perry was squirting the second-graders with water or joking that he’d buy them a new car if they could throw the ball farther than Bowie quarterback Deric Davis, who seemingly chunked a ball to Grand Prairie with one flick of the wrist on Perry’s request.
"Anybody that beats that gets a new car," Perry joked. "An Escalade with 33-inch rims and a hot tub in the back."
It was all fun under the sun for these future Volunteers, which is exactly the way Perry wanted it to be.
"Texas high school football has obviously given me a lot in my life and I think a lot of our coaches remember times when they were kids growing up going to football camps," said Perry, who has put on this free clinic since his arrival at Bowie in 2006.
"I think in today’s times, with the economy and people struggling, we aren’t in this to make money. We are in it for the kids. We have a free camp. I’ve always been about that, just to try to get kids out and to give parents an avenue to get kids to release a little steam in the summer. We always do it right before football season and it’s been good for us."
The cupboard has never been bare of talent around Bowie, where chiseled frames and daunting speed are as common in the athletic department as No. 2 pencils are on test day.
But that hasn’t always transferred to success on the football field, where varsity competition started in 1992. In fact, Bowie hadn’t experienced a winning season until three years ago, when Perry led the Volunteers to a 7-4 record and their first playoff berth in his first season.
That success has continued at every level. After going 12-2 two seasons ago and losing to Euless Trinity in the playoffs, Bowie went 11-2 and to the third round of the playoffs last year. The sophomore and junior varsity teams combined for an 18-2 record last season and its junior varsity squad placed second at this summer’s Texas State 7-on-7 Tournament.
"We won the district championship at every level," Perry said. "When I first came over here, my first concern was getting southeast Arlington behind Bowie football, and I think, for the most part, we have done that.
"We have a great community that is very supportive of our school. We want to give back to people of the community."
A quick look at some of the younger participants would lead one to believe that the talent will only continue to pour in. Take for example 13-year-old Chris Thigpen, who checks in at 6-3, 250 pounds.

TrinityTrojan80
07-31-2009, 04:56 PM
Here we go.....courtesy of the Fort Worth Star Telegram:

Arlington Bowie football coach Kenny Perry loves giving back to community

By WILLIAM WILKERSON
Special to the Star-Telegram

<SCRIPT language=Javascript> function PopupPic(sPicURL, sHeight, sWidth) { window.open( "http://media.star-telegram.com/popup.html?"+sPicURL, "", "resizable=1,HEIGHT=" +sHeight+ ",WIDTH=" +sWidth); } </SCRIPT>Related Content

<!-- Start: /pubsys/production/story/assets/image_embedded.comp -->http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2009/07/30/22/848-HS_Camp2_6D_07-31-2009_Tarrant_N5UHLKG.embedded.prod_affiliate.58.jp g (http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2009/07/30/22/386-HS_Camp2_6D_07-31-2009_Tarrant_N5UHLKG.standalone.prod_affiliate.58. jpg)
<!-- Test to see if either credit_line or byline -->Special to the S-T/Brandon Wade
<!-- End Test --><!--Special to the S-T/Brandon Wade

-->Logan Woodall, 8, works on throwing a spiral during drills. Special to the S-T/Brandon Wade <!-- disable pictopia -->
<!-- End: /pubsys/production/story/assets/image_embedded.comp -->
<!-- Start: /pubsys/production/story/assets/image_thumbnail.comp -->http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2009/07/30/22/37-0731_Camp1_6D_07-31-2009_Tarrant_N5UHLK1.thumb.prod_affiliate.58.jpg (http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2009/07/30/22/285-0731_Camp1_6D_07-31-2009_Tarrant_N5UHLK1.standalone.prod_affiliate.58. jpg)<!-- End: /pubsys/production/story/assets/image_thumbnail.comp -->

<!-- & /shared/widgets/text_digger.comp & -->ARLINGTON — If 7-year-old Devin Perry had any say, the tooth fairy’s frequent visits to his home were going to have to wait at least until the end of Arlington Bowie’s free football camp.

While there were no contact drills at the two-day session that concluded Thursday at the school’s practice field, Perry wasn’t taking any chances. He sported a mouthpiece for good measure to protect his few permanent teeth already in place.
Most of the other 300 second- through ninth-graders threw caution to the wind at their chance to rub elbows with some of the current Volunteers. Some came dressed in usual football garb complete with a practice jersey and newly acquired cleats. Others slapped on a backward baseball cap and hit the ground running.
Bowie head coach Kenny Perry, no relation to Devin, may have had the most energy of anyone. If he wasn’t trying to solve the field’s immense ant problem, Perry was squirting the second-graders with water or joking that he’d buy them a new car if they could throw the ball farther than Bowie quarterback Deric Davis, who seemingly chunked a ball to Grand Prairie with one flick of the wrist on Perry’s request.
"Anybody that beats that gets a new car," Perry joked. "An Escalade with 33-inch rims and a hot tub in the back."
It was all fun under the sun for these future Volunteers, which is exactly the way Perry wanted it to be.
"Texas high school football has obviously given me a lot in my life and I think a lot of our coaches remember times when they were kids growing up going to football camps," said Perry, who has put on this free clinic since his arrival at Bowie in 2006.
"I think in today’s times, with the economy and people struggling, we aren’t in this to make money. We are in it for the kids. We have a free camp. I’ve always been about that, just to try to get kids out and to give parents an avenue to get kids to release a little steam in the summer. We always do it right before football season and it’s been good for us."
The cupboard has never been bare of talent around Bowie, where chiseled frames and daunting speed are as common in the athletic department as No. 2 pencils are on test day.
But that hasn’t always transferred to success on the football field, where varsity competition started in 1992. In fact, Bowie hadn’t experienced a winning season until three years ago, when Perry led the Volunteers to a 7-4 record and their first playoff berth in his first season.
That success has continued at every level. After going 12-2 two seasons ago and losing to Euless Trinity in the playoffs, Bowie went 11-2 and to the third round of the playoffs last year. The sophomore and junior varsity teams combined for an 18-2 record last season and its junior varsity squad placed second at this summer’s Texas State 7-on-7 Tournament.
"We won the district championship at every level," Perry said. "When I first came over here, my first concern was getting southeast Arlington behind Bowie football, and I think, for the most part, we have done that.
"We have a great community that is very supportive of our school. We want to give back to people of the community."
A quick look at some of the younger participants would lead one to believe that the talent will only continue to pour in. Take for example 13-year-old Chris Thigpen, who checks in at 6-3, 250 pounds.

I love Bowie.. All the best!!

E-Vol-ution
08-01-2009, 04:00 PM
You know I'm being accused of being a Trinity homer............:notworthy
I love Bowie.. All the best!!

E-Vol-ution
08-02-2009, 09:57 AM
There was a football workout for incoming players July 27, 29 and 31..........and there are a lot of new kids. This new surge is continally throwing everyone off guard. Last year over 130 kids were suited up for freshman. This year's crowd surpasses that figure. I'm about 6'1" and 180lbs......... there were plenty of kids as tall and a good amount of "Hawgs" out there too. It's just getting better.

slcdragonfan
08-03-2009, 08:38 AM
There was a football workout for incoming players July 27, 29 and 31..........and there are a lot of new kids. This new surge is continally throwing everyone off guard. Last year over 130 kids were suited up for freshman. This year's crowd surpasses that figure. I'm about 6'1" and 180lbs.........I there were plenty of kids as tall and a good amount of "Hawgs" out there too. It's just getting better.

That's what a 'program' and coach can do for a team, happy for ya'.

E-Vol-ution
08-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Very true....but what throws me is the high percentage of kids who actually finish the deal, as in don't quit after some laps, hits and mental trysts.
I expected a higher rate of attrition.

That's what a 'program' and coach can do for a team, happy for ya'.

slcdragonfan
08-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Very true....but what throws me is the high percentage of kids who actually finish the deal, as in don't quit after some laps, hits and mental trysts.
I expected a higher rate of attrition.

still early? ;)
not been really hot yet? :)

jc84chill
08-03-2009, 10:17 AM
We got to meet Quentin Sargeant's dad, as well as Deric Davis' parents in College Station. We all ended up chatting for a good 15-20 mins about the team, players, etc. Good stuff.

E-Vol-ution
08-03-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm talking about last year......suiting up 130 freshmen was surprising.
That's the only basis I have to go on.......this year? Why not expect a lot of the same. This group had coaches with three years experience in Coach P's system.

still early? ;)
not been really hot yet? :)

hollywood
08-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Ok, its time now.

Go Vols!!!

E-Vol-ution
08-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Two a days started today.........what a relief!

bhsvols2010
08-11-2009, 01:40 PM
it's good to put that helmet back on, had another good day

E-Vol-ution
08-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Represent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's good to put that helmet back on, had another good day

E-Vol-ution
08-14-2009, 07:53 AM
It's more than official now.......hitting has started.

Blue Duck
08-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Ok, its time now.

Go Vols!!!

That's the spirit! Rocky Top, you'll always be home sweet home to me....good old Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee! Go Vols -- Whip Bama

E-Vol-ution
08-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Finally got to see some hits...............good scrimmage Friday against Arlington Sequin. There was a cap on a lot of plays but we look pretty good. Defense was good but there is one rb on Sequin a lot of people will have trouble with this year. Kid can flat out fly.
Sequin should do well this year.

hollywood
08-23-2009, 08:30 PM
That's the spirit! Rocky Top, you'll always be home sweet home to me....good old Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee! Go Vols -- Whip Bama

Thanks Blue Duck.

Vols4Ever
08-24-2009, 01:54 PM
I got my Midlothian Panther season tkts today.

The end of an era for me...... attending Bowie games will be a once or twice a year treat.

Gotta be loyal to the kids' future school. They teach the kids here from elementary that they are all PANTHERS. Below are the Midlothian games I will be attending (that are in our area - I'm not driving to San Antonio (Boerne), Cleburne, or Waco Midway for games).

Fri., Aug 21 Denton Guyer MISD Stadium 7:00
Fri., Sept 11 Mineral Wells MISD Stadium 7:30
Fri., Sept 25 Waxahachie There 7:30
Fri., Oct 9 Corsicana There 7:30
Fri., Oct 16 Midway MISD Stadium 7:30
Fri., Oct 30 Ennis There 7:30
Fri., Nov 6 Waco High MISD Stadium 7:30
Playoffs IF Midlothian makes it - seems unlikely.

So I will try and make the following Bowie games. The Thursday game (11/5) makes it possible for me to be at 1 more game:

9/3 7:00pm South Garland UTA
9/18 7:30pm OD Wyatt ** UTA
10/23 7:30pm Arlington UTA
11/5 7:00pm Summit UTA
Playoffs (Bowie should make it)

E-volution -- Let's meet up at one of these games. I will bring some old Bowie football relics if your interested -- including some classic Jeff Kemp pictures I acquired from an old Bowie grad (81).

Vols4Ever
08-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Finally got to see some hits...............good scrimmage Friday against Arlington Sequin. There was a cap on a lot of plays but we look pretty good. Defense was good but there is one rb on Sequin a lot of people will have trouble with this year. Kid can flat out fly.
Sequin should do well this year.

Do you remember the Seguin back's name?

E-Vol-ution
08-27-2009, 10:01 PM
No....but it wasn't Darius or Will. I know about those two. They'll do well also.
Do you remember the Seguin back's name?

E-Vol-ution
08-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Tonight was almost as big a tease as when I slow danced with Janet Jackson.
Our sub-varsity games with Trinity were cancelled due to the storm.
I got to see about four plays in the 3rd Qtr freshman game we were behind 14-0. My brother just got to pay his way in and get past the concession stand before a guy came out and announced all games were cancelled. His money had to still be warm.
What a bummer.........

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-28-2009, 01:44 AM

The end of an era for me...... attending Bowie games will be a once or twice a year treat.

Gotta be loyal to the kids' future school. They teach the kids here from elementary that they are all PANTHERS. Below are the Midlothian games I will be attending (that are in our area - I'm not driving to San Antonio (Boerne), Cleburne, or Waco Midway for games).

So I will try and make the following Bowie games. The Thursday game (11/5) makes it possible for me to be at 1 more game:

E-volution -- Let's meet up at one of these games. I will bring some old Bowie football relics if your interested -- including some classic Jeff Kemp pictures I acquired from an old Bowie grad (81).

That Arlington game on October 23rd will decide the district title, IMO.

E-Vol-ution
08-28-2009, 06:38 AM
Sounds good.....I'll most likely make all of the games except the OD Wyatt

E-Vol-ution
08-29-2009, 08:43 AM
Decent game last night.....35-17 over Dallas Lincoln but it's like we fell asleep in the second quarter. Coach Perry will take care of that.

Prep Ticket
08-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Agreed. We were at the first half of this game and the Vols were very sloppy. A couple of ugly turnovers and waaaaaaaaaay too many penalties. But, it's the first game of the year and they will get better but Perry's hat spent more time on the field (after throwing it in disgust) than it did on his head. I would not want to be one of his players this week.

Still, it says a lot when you don't play anywhere near your potential and still beat a pretty good 4A team by 21.

E-Vol-ution
08-29-2009, 09:32 AM
It will be a very tough week of practice...........Coach P will not let those penalties fly...........
One beautiful thing about the game was Valadez kicking that 48yd field goal. Run game was better than expected by so many guys.
Agreed. We were at the first half of this game and the Vols were very sloppy. A couple of ugly turnovers and waaaaaaaaaay too many penalties. But, it's the first game of the year and they will get better but Perry's hat spent more time on the field (after throwing it in disgust) than it did on his head. I would not want to be one of his players this week.

Still, it says a lot when you don't play anywhere near your potential and still beat a pretty good 4A team by 21.

E-Vol-ution
09-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Here we go.......South Garland at Maverick Stadium tonight.
Bet we won't get 5 penalties the whole night much less 9 in the first half like last week.

E-Vol-ution
09-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Weather forecasts are calling for scattered thunderstorms and showers......this is totally unacceptable.:(

E-Vol-ution
09-04-2009, 07:01 AM
Bowie wins 24-13 after game was cancelled at the half.
We better shore up on defense......next up is Skyline at their house.

hollywood
09-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Bowie wins 24-13 after game was cancelled at the half.
We better shore up on defense......next up is Skyline at their house.

Bowie vs. Skyline has been a great game in recent years. This year should be no exception.

E-Vol-ution
09-04-2009, 04:47 PM
So ready for it.......we've been playing a little too much low key on offense.

Bowie vs. Skyline has been a great game in recent years. This year should be no exception.

PirateFan
09-07-2009, 01:45 AM
Ok Evo you have been a Pirate fan for some time now and im am wondering whats your take on the game when we meet:notworthy
oh and thanks for your support to the end last year :)

E-Vol-ution
09-07-2009, 07:52 AM
You haven't heard? Arlington is taking district......:D
Ok Evo you have been a Pirate fan for some time now and im am wondering whats your take on the game when we meet:notworthy
oh and thanks for your support to the end last year :)

Vols4Ever
09-07-2009, 10:28 PM
I would not support Wylie if it would save me from certain death.

E-Vol-ution
09-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Bowie's JV "B" team beat Irving Nimtz JV "B" (hopefully it wasn't "A") last night 42-0 with three tds called back. This was about as bad a home job as I have ever seen by referees. It's bad on the kids when the stripes take away from them. All it did was make our kids play harder and take it out on their kids more. Glad those kids kept getting back up and weren't hurt badly.

E-Vol-ution
09-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Wow......might be headed for a bunch of DNP's due to the weather.
All sub-varsity games were cancelled against Skyline.:(

slcdragonfan
09-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Evol, I guess everyone has gotten crusty and tense before this Friday game. Appreciate your positive comments in the past regarding the Dragons. Probably need a tailgate get-together to get everyone to relax.

E-Vol-ution
09-11-2009, 08:57 AM
That's cool by me..........that stuff got out of hand. I was wrong to stick around it.:notworthy
Evol, I guess everyone has gotten crusty and tense before this Friday game. Appreciate your positive comments in the past regarding the Dragons. Probably need a tailgate get-together to get everyone to relax.

E-Vol-ution
09-16-2009, 08:22 AM
Up against OD Wyatt this week.
And to think.....some folks would have made a poll.
I hope they do well (except against us). Thought they'd do better against Carter last week.

slcdragonfan
09-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Bowie wins. :)

E-Vol-ution
09-19-2009, 09:01 AM
I really hate badmouthing schools.........but hopefully, we never schedule OD Wyatt again.
Football should never be a threat to life.

Vols4Ever
09-22-2009, 11:24 PM
I really hate badmouthing schools.........but hopefully, we never schedule OD Wyatt again.
Football should never be a threat to life.

It's too bad we can't keep from having Bowie have to play Martin. The elitists on Arlington's west side are an unbearably rude lot. Rude enough after a defeat. Even worse if they happen to win.

Quoting a cherleader made and sponsor approved sign from the Bowie/Martin 2000 game --- 'Hey Bowie - Can you Spell Exemplary?'.

E-Vol-ution
09-23-2009, 07:15 AM
Jeesh......rather deal with that than us having to circle the players on the field and escorting them to the bus. That parking lot is like made like a guantlet with one way in and out.
It's too bad we can't keep from having Bowie have to play Martin. The elitists on Arlington's west side are an unbearably rude lot. Rude enough after a defeat. Even worse if they happen to win.

Quoting a cherleader made and sponsor approved sign from the Bowie/Martin 2000 game --- 'Hey Bowie - Can you Spell Exemplary?'.

slcdragonfan
09-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Jeesh......rather deal with that than us having to circle the players on the field and escorting them to the bus. That parking lot is like made like a guantlet with one way in and out.

what happened at OD Wyatt?

E-Vol-ution
09-23-2009, 09:05 AM
A pretty good football game in muddy conditions with a team that doesn't know how to lose gracefully. I'm just glad it wasn't a day game and was rainy so no mob mentality could fester.
what happened at OD Wyatt?

slcdragonfan
09-23-2009, 09:26 AM
A pretty good football game in muddy conditions with a team that doesn't know how to lose gracefully. I'm just glad it wasn't a day game and was rainy so no mob mentality could fester.

on the field or in the stands?

E-Vol-ution
09-23-2009, 09:37 AM
PM status.........
on the field or in the stands?

E-Vol-ution
09-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Hate the Martin game had to come down to a really good foot (Valadez).
This team has to recognize they can't just turn on the gas when they want. Should have learned that from the Skyline game.
Like Coach P said, it's good seeing these seniors learn to win from being a 3-7 freshman team. Make no mistake, they are the leaders, but the juniors and sophomores only know winning.........and they have that attitude.
Martin has more tricks than the average bear...and they are a tough team.
It sure will be a nice sign when we play a whole game with no naps in between...........it's not easy being a target. Makes you appreciate the programs who do it on a consistent basis more.

E-Vol-ution
10-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Pretty cool......get a bye and become sole leader in district. I like how that works.:)

E-Vol-ution
10-17-2009, 07:16 AM
Bowie football is looking pretty good..........that Douglas kid is a tough one who will get in the end zone sooner or later.
Thank goodness our run game is about up to Coach P's specs....and the sophomore bust a 69 yd td right after Douglas got a 51 yarder to quell any momentum.
Looking forward to the Arlington game this week. We really care more about the win to solidify the lead in district than having the longest win streak in Arlington history........but it's a very decent milestone.

slcdragonfan
10-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Good win. Now very interested in how Bowie does in the next game....

E-Vol-ution
10-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Yep.....time for the Colts.
Good win. Now very interested in how Bowie does in the next game....

chhspantherfan
10-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Yep.....time for the Colts.

Great picture with this article from this morning's Startlegram

http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2009/10/19/23/1020_bowie_8d_10-20-2009_Tarrant_SDVQ97F.standalone.prod_affiliate.58. jpg

2-Minute Drill: Can Arlington Bowie’s defense stop Arlington High’s offense?Posted Monday, Oct. 19, 2009
By CARLOS MENDEZ

cmendez@star-telegram.com

The finish line to the season is approaching quickly, and while four teams make the playoffs, a district championship is in sight for some. Arlington Bowie and Arlington High could be playing for one this week.

The Volunteers and Colts meet Friday night at UT-Arlington in a game that will pit Arlington’s big offense against Bowie’s maturing defense.

Other teams are getting up to speed quickly. Cleburne has made itself a contender in 16-4A. Keller and L.D. Bell meet Thursday night to sort things out in 5-5A. Burleson got itself back on track in 3-5A.

Those are some of the storylines as we take a look at some of the notes and trends in the area:

Bowie’s big test

Arlington Bowie has been working on its defense all season. It’s time to see how far that effort has gone.

The Volunteers meet Arlington High and quarterback Matt Joeckel this week. Arlington High and Matt Joeckel, who have put up 60-plus points each of the last two games. Arlington High and Matt Joeckel, who has seven receivers he can count on.

Bowie coach Kenny Perry doesn’t have to be briefed.

"They’re a good offense," he said. "We’ve played some good offenses. [Dallas] Skyline was good. [Arlington] Martin was good. They’re all kind of different. But Arlington does as good a job as anybody running the spread. Joeckel puts the ball wherever he wants. They’ve got a system, and it’s working."

Now it’s up to Bowie to prove to itself it is ready to be considered an elite contender. Only Southlake Carroll back in Week 1 has really put the clamps on Joeckel, holding him and the Colts scoreless until the fourth quarter. Even in a loss to Arlington Martin, Joeckel threw three touchdown passes.

"We’re not going to change what we do," Perry said. "We’re going to line up, try to pressure the quarterback, play man defense."

E-Vol-ution
10-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Pretty good article........I expect two things: This will be a take notice game for sophomore RB Russell Hansborough and he will be District 4-5A Newcomer of the Year.

Great picture with this article from this morning's Startlegram

http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2009/10/19/23/1020_bowie_8d_10-20-2009_Tarrant_SDVQ97F.standalone.prod_affiliate.58. jpg

2-Minute Drill: Can Arlington Bowie’s defense stop Arlington High’s offense?Posted Monday, Oct. 19, 2009
By CARLOS MENDEZ

cmendez@star-telegram.com

The finish line to the season is approaching quickly, and while four teams make the playoffs, a district championship is in sight for some. Arlington Bowie and Arlington High could be playing for one this week.

The Volunteers and Colts meet Friday night at UT-Arlington in a game that will pit Arlington’s big offense against Bowie’s maturing defense.

Other teams are getting up to speed quickly. Cleburne has made itself a contender in 16-4A. Keller and L.D. Bell meet Thursday night to sort things out in 5-5A. Burleson got itself back on track in 3-5A.

Those are some of the storylines as we take a look at some of the notes and trends in the area:

Bowie’s big test

Arlington Bowie has been working on its defense all season. It’s time to see how far that effort has gone.

The Volunteers meet Arlington High and quarterback Matt Joeckel this week. Arlington High and Matt Joeckel, who have put up 60-plus points each of the last two games. Arlington High and Matt Joeckel, who has seven receivers he can count on.

Bowie coach Kenny Perry doesn’t have to be briefed.

"They’re a good offense," he said. "We’ve played some good offenses. [Dallas] Skyline was good. [Arlington] Martin was good. They’re all kind of different. But Arlington does as good a job as anybody running the spread. Joeckel puts the ball wherever he wants. They’ve got a system, and it’s working."

Now it’s up to Bowie to prove to itself it is ready to be considered an elite contender. Only Southlake Carroll back in Week 1 has really put the clamps on Joeckel, holding him and the Colts scoreless until the fourth quarter. Even in a loss to Arlington Martin, Joeckel threw three touchdown passes.

"We’re not going to change what we do," Perry said. "We’re going to line up, try to pressure the quarterback, play man defense."

E-Vol-ution
10-23-2009, 01:05 PM
I hate it when JV "B" games get cancelled because somebody can't field a team............and it's bittersweet when the "A" team loses a close one because the main guys are moved up to varsity at moment's notice.
Just sayin................

E-Vol-ution
10-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Coach Perry takes this one on the jaw in one major way..........
the strategy to play man played out too long. The guys we have are not a good match up for big athletic recievers, we looked like lost midgets (sorry to slight people vertically challenged).
Arlington controlled the LOS and we didn't adjust our packages accordingly.
I truly believe defense wins championships in this day and age.............ours is lacking.
I love our team......but last night was boo-boo.
Can't win a shootout with everybody.
It looked like classic role reversal last night.

dragonpants
10-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Coach Perry takes this one on the jaw in one major way..........
the strategy to play man played out too long. The guys we have are not a good match up for big athletic recievers, we looked like lost midgets (sorry to slight people vertically challenged).
Arlington controlled the LOS and we didn't adjust our packages accordingly.
I truly believe defense wins championships in this day and age.............ours is lacking.
I love our team......but last night was boo-boo.
Can't win a shootout with everybody.
It looked like classic role reversal last night.

What happened, not trying to start anything, I just thought you guys would win and I love a Peach Jr. loss.

E-Vol-ution
10-26-2009, 09:05 AM
I gave an analysis from my view of the game on the main thread.
The defensive strategy either sucked or we just could not stop them. I think it was both.........
We'd better get it together quick. Post season is too close for this type performance.
Maybe Arlington just played their perfect game. It sure looked that way.
I think Coach Perry thought we could beat them in a shootout.
You just can't let Joeckel sit back comfortable in the pocket. He will destry you.

What happened, not trying to start anything, I just thought you guys would win and I love a Peach Jr. loss.

A Fan
11-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Wanted to wish Bowie and the boys the best of luck vs Richland. Represent 4-5A to the fullest and enjoy playing inside Cowboy Stadium. Hopefully we can meet in the Quarterfinals!

A Fan
11-13-2009, 08:17 AM
Congrats to Arl. Bowie on a great win, now its on to the second round, E-Vol-ution i know your proud! :notworthy

E-Vol-ution
11-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Good signs....a couple of bad ones......from 28-2 just 18 secs before the half. Coach P called a timeout.
That changed the momentum for a while.
Better let these kids roll when they are on one........
Congrats to Arl. Bowie on a great win, now its on to the second round, E-Vol-ution i know your proud! :notworthy

slcdragonfan
11-13-2009, 09:56 AM
What's the story on the game? paper said big plays for Bowie, but I'd like to hear your feedback on it.

The Great Evaluator
11-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Pics from the playoff win over Richland -

Game Photos (http://community.prepticket.com/photo/photo/show?id=823292%3APhoto%3A110888&context=album&albumId=823292%3AAlbum%3A110926)

E-Vol-ution
11-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Hard to say......I saw a lot of good things, and a couple of things I hope were temporary lapses in judgement or focus.
How much of that had to do with the venue is one of the biggest questions.

What's the story on the game? paper said big plays for Bowie, but I'd like to hear your feedback on it.

A Fan
11-18-2009, 01:59 PM
LETS GO BOWIE...three days from now and Bowie should be advancing to the 3rd round. I know Bowie will be focus on EPM and i wish you guys the best of luck and you be careful on the road..just don't play Willie Nelson's On The Road Again on your 8 track.:D

E-Vol-ution
11-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Just love Friday Night football..............got to get this one.

E-Vol-ution
11-26-2009, 08:25 AM
bbaw

A Fan
11-27-2009, 06:57 AM
The best of luck to the Bowie team, you guys have got to win this one just like we have to win ours. Our teams have to meet up in the quarterfinals. An old school 7-5a battle wouldn't that be great!

Good Luck :notworthy

SLC
11-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Congratulations to the Bowie team: Players, coaches and fans. You guys came out and played great, fought hard and deserved to win. Great job!

Keep it going. You have another fan for the rest of the ride.:notworthy

bhsvols2010
11-28-2009, 01:30 AM
got to get ready for Abilene ...we're back at home in UTA

was this game televised tonight?

E-Vol-ution
11-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks......we'll take all the support we can get.
It's tremendous coming from you.:notworthy
Congratulations to the Bowie team: Players, coaches and fans. You guys came out and played great, fought hard and deserved to win. Great job!

Keep it going. You have another fan for the rest of the ride.:notworthy

A Fan
11-28-2009, 04:34 PM
E-Vol-ution i know you are a happy man! Congrats to the Arl Bowie football team, fans and community what a great win against SLC (who also has a great program). Take advantage of this opportunity you guys deserve it. Do not under estimate Abilene they are a special group of young men. You have A Fan watching and cheering GO BOWIE.

hollywood
11-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Big Congrats to the Vols. :notworthy

E-Vol-ution
11-30-2009, 08:27 AM
ONE TEAM..........ONE DREAM:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notw orthy

dragonpants
11-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Congrats to Bowie on whippin us. I was not able to be at the game as I promised my boys a hunting trip and as hard as it is to admit I scheduled this week because I thought it would be the easiest week of the playoffs (other than week 1). I was wrong and wish your team well the rest of the way.

E-Vol-ution
11-30-2009, 08:47 AM
:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy
Did you bag anything on that trip?

Congrats to Bowie on whippin us. I was not able to be at the game as I promised my boys a hunting trip and as hard as it is to admit I scheduled this week because I thought it would be the easiest week of the playoffs (other than week 1). I was wrong and wish your team well the rest of the way.

SLC93
11-30-2009, 09:04 AM
My apologies to the Vols fans and this thread for not stopping by sooner. Just wanted to post a serious congrats to everyone associated with your school and your program on the domination of the Dragons. You guys have been one of the teams I pull for since Perry arrived. I knew you'd come prepped and ready to play. I also knew y'all we're red hot coming in. I had no idea you'd burn us like you did. Wow! Great performance. You'll have my support for the duration. Shock em all and take state!

dragonpants
11-30-2009, 09:27 AM
:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy
Did you bag anything on that trip?

I did get a cull buck, ate some that night still plenty of season left to get a big buck, unfortunately because of you guys I will have more time to hunt. It was great being away with the boys though. It was killing me, no internet no cell service but I crawled up a hill Saturday night and called to get the score and was in shock. I was looking forward to going to see my Dragons this weekend.

E-Vol-ution
11-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Very classy of you.......and a very lofty goal too.:)Let's get the part down of advancing against Abilene. Can't look past those guys.
Never thought that game was over until the interception. That kid Avers is a heart attack. And your band drew a standing ovation from us. They jammed.
Thanks for the support, we'll take all we can get.:notworthy

My apologies to the Vols fans and this thread for not stopping by sooner. Just wanted to post a serious congrats to everyone associated with your school and your program on the domination of the Dragons. You guys have been one of the teams I pull for since Perry arrived. I knew you'd come prepped and ready to play. I also knew y'all we're red hot coming in. I had no idea you'd burn us like you did. Wow! Great performance. You'll have my support for the duration. Shock em all and take state!

SLC93
11-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Very classy of you.......and a very lofty goal too.:)Let's get the part down of advancing against Abilene. Can't look past those guys.
Never thought that game was over until the interception. That kid Avers is a heart attack. And your band drew a standing ovation from us. They jammed.
Thanks for the support, we'll take all we can get.:notworthy

The road ahead is a daunting one but one that can be navigated. Even in your playoff exits under Perry you guys have made the opponent absolutely earn it. If the Vols bow out they will not go quietly, that we know. I'm excited for you and all of yours. I think you'll shock this board and win against Abilene. We'll talk more after that.

E-Vol-ution
12-04-2009, 06:32 AM
BBAW
It's time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLC93
12-04-2009, 08:47 AM
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1809501.html

Nice mention. Commit a crime this weekend, Vols. Kill a bunch of Eagles!:D

E-Vol-ution
12-04-2009, 09:04 AM
We totally appreciate the support...... You going to any games?
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1809501.html

Nice mention. Commit a crime this weekend, Vols. Kill a bunch of Eagles!:D

SLC93
12-04-2009, 01:48 PM
We totally appreciate the support...... You going to any games?

Really trying to get to yours, at least. My wife is working this weeken so I'll need to see if the grandparents can watch my son. Should know more by tonight.

A Fan
12-04-2009, 02:22 PM
The best of luck to the Vols. I'm going to the game and will be sitting on Bowie's side cheering like A Fan. Lets Go Bowie!!!:D

biggolfdad
12-04-2009, 10:05 PM
[QUOTE=SLC93;1411159]http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1809501.html

Nice mention. Commit a crime this weekend, Vols. Kill a bunch of Eagles!:D[/QUOTE

dragonbuck
12-04-2009, 10:22 PM
sorry guys. we know all about let downs. It's hard to play at that level 2 weeks in a row, and the Eagles are for real and healthy. I'm sure you will be even better next year with all that talent. Good luck

SLC
12-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Sorry for the loss this evening Vol fans. Keep your heads up, nothing to be ashamed of at all. Congrats on a very good season.

E-Vol-ution
12-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Congratulations to our seniors, coaches and team.
No one expected us to get this far except us for the most part and yes we could have done better.
Keep your heads up.......pursue excellence in life (it's the bigger and more important battle), and remember; a loser is the guy who never gets out of bed in the first place.
Underclassmen.....remember the taste in your mouths. Work hard and focus .................we'll be just fine.
Kudos to those boosters who do thankless work behind the scenes........
Bowie football is something a lot of people know about now, and we aren't done giving or taking lessons.
To the coaches........our kids are in great hands, your effort is appreciated.

SLC93
12-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Great season, Vols! Keep your heads up.

SLC93
12-05-2009, 01:07 PM
35-7 nuff said.. :rolleyes:
That's west Texas class for you. Nice.:rolleyes:

Warbird
12-05-2009, 01:39 PM
35-7 nuff said.. :rolleyes:

Dude, seriously? C'mon, it's one thing on the main board, but in a team's private thread. :mad:

biggolfdad
12-05-2009, 02:31 PM
That's west Texas class for you. Nice.:rolleyes:

I am so sorry.

biggolfdad
12-05-2009, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=Warbird;1412876]Dude, seriously? C'mon, it's one thing on the main board, but in a team's private thread. :mad:[/QUO

so sorry.

eaglefan87
12-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Just wanted to offer my congrats to the Bowie Vols for an outstanding season.
Y'all have an excellent, class, top-notch program from the coaches and players to the fanbase in the stands and on this board. Bowie football is definitely making its mark on the state and I am sure people statewide are giving y'all the respect you fully deserve.
The Vols played a hard fought game for 4 full qtrs last night and while i know y'all are disappointed right now I also know that once that knot in your gut fades a little you will be mighty proud of all your boys have accomplished this year.
Here's hoping for a rematch next year at Shotwell in Abilene!

SLC93
12-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Outstanding player! This a big sign of respect for the program, too. Congrats, Vols.:notworthy

http://www.star-telegram.com/highschools/story/1839622.html

E-Vol-ution
02-07-2010, 10:11 PM
okay.........let one more guy transfer without us getting a taste back.:confused:

Just messing around...........it's near shocking that so many guys are from right here and we still have more.:D

E-Vol-ution
03-03-2010, 10:05 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO COACH FULLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moved up from fries to BIG DOG.............
Good luck at Lamar (except against Bowie):notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

E-Vol-ution
03-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Congrats to our Boys and Girls B-Ball teams this year.
So much potential.......I hate for us to go out like that.
Best wishes to the seniors..........
A thought about our boys team.......sure we missed a lot of shots when it counts, but the coach needs to let the horses run sometimes. It's to our advantage sometimes.

E-Vol-ution
05-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Spring game coming up..............
Are you ready for some FOOTBAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL?

E-Vol-ution
05-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Spring game Thursday...........

da hawaiian
05-21-2010, 12:49 AM
Spring game Thursday...........

Damnit!

E-Vol-ution
05-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Alumni update......Christian Matthews (redshirt freshman WR):

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/players/Christian_Matthews/98014

Marcus McGraw:
http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/042910aaa.html

E-Vol-ution
05-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Pretty good show at the 7 on 7 today......to bad I had to work at home.

BBAW

taman08
06-11-2010, 01:29 PM
7on7 UPDATE: Arlington Bowie went 12 for 12 in there 7 on 7 league @Auburn University!!! so far 17-17 this year in 7on7...LETS KEEP THE STREAK ALIVE!!

E-Vol-ution
06-11-2010, 01:40 PM
7on7 update: arlington bowie went 12 for 12 in there 7 on 7 league @auburn university!!! So far 17-17 this year in 7on7...lets keep the streak alive!!

bbaw

E-Vol-ution
07-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Freshmen tip off next week...........very nice prospects from Ferguson and Barnett. Can't wait to see "Tiny".

chhspantherfan
08-10-2010, 07:08 AM
great article -- Best wishes BJ Jenkins

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/08/09/2393887/arlington-bowie-player-back-on.html

E-Vol-ution
08-10-2010, 07:32 AM
great article -- Best wishes BJ Jenkins

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/08/09/2393887/arlington-bowie-player-back-on.html

BJ was one kid I wasn't going to say a word about.........
It was a wait and see.
This one is a natural leader and a good kid........

slcdragonfan
08-10-2010, 09:45 AM
BJ was one kid I wasn't going to say a word about.........
It was a wait and see.
This one is a natural leader and a good kid........

good story, I wish him the best. One thing for sure, he understands how short life can be and perhaps also understands that you must make the most of it.

E-Vol-ution
08-11-2010, 05:26 PM
good story, I wish him the best. One thing for sure, he understands how short life can be and perhaps also understands that you must make the most of it.

I still remember him pacing the sidelines as a freshman in a first game match-up against Trinity yelling on the sidelines "if ya scurred don't go out there"!

He's a big part of the comraderie and looseness of this team...........

E-Vol-ution
08-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Pads on today...............
Coach Perry made one particular move I didn't think would happen until perhaps a couple of games into the season.
I really like the progress taking place........
The X factor is in place.:notworthy
(I will hold my peace/piece on this one..........but no reps with the 1's at scrimmage?)

E-Vol-ution
08-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Bowie looked good doing a lot of things against CHILL.
We also have some work to do.........
The DL stood out. Secondary had it's moments and of course one huge breakdown with some minor stuff along the way.
OL protected pretty decently but need to stick to their blocks longer between the tackles on run plays.
A couple of side screens looked like tap dance sessions out there.
A few times initially with the second team I kind of wondered why not put a piece of steak around Kolby's neck and let him run naked through the ASPCA holding pen, but they came back on and protected long enough on a few nice completions.
We were the better team out there today........and the overall performance was good but enough mistakes were made to let those boys run a few sprints. lol
Kicking game was better than I expected. (Dude needs better footwork but for a newbie you could see him gaining confidence and feeling it later). It will speak volumes if he continues putting kickoffs in the end zone, but
more importantly getting three step punts off.........FG leg is definitely there.
No time to think anybody has arrived after a scrimmage, but Coach P kept his hat on.
I like this team..................

E-Vol-ution
08-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Trinity's freshmen (Euless Jr. High) and JV go against Bowie's kids today!

If I'm not at Pennington I'll be at Bowie HS.............:D

E-Vol-ution
08-26-2010, 11:11 PM
All I have is freshmen scores............
Bowie B Team over Euless Jr High B 12-6
Bowie A Team over Euless Jr. High A 34-26

Very good games............A lot of talent out there.

Waiting on the jv scores............anybody?

E-Vol-ution
08-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Enough mistakes to fill all the potholes in Arlington.
Enough good things shown to want to correct the mistakes and be the best Bowie team yet.
Execution can change a lot of this.

E-Vol-ution
09-06-2010, 08:26 AM
"release the kracken!"

bbaw!

E-Vol-ution
09-07-2010, 08:51 AM
OVERRATED? PREDICTABLE?
This includes the coaches against Desoto.
We looked worse than the Arlington game as far as looking clueless and unprepared. I'd rather put guys on the field who will play than guys who look afraid or tentative.
Paschal has more fight than us!
I'm proud of the few guys who left something on the field.......also hope one DL(hint.....Big Mike) proved he's ready for playing full time or getting in the rotation.
Delenzi showed guts too, it's hard when you're getting a handoff with three guys in the backfield already in front of you. (Seems they knew we would not pass first)
Kolby? How about some mixing up our looks.......?
Put him on the freaking field sometimes....especially if the window is tiny and they dare our QB to run.
The state knows about Russell.
This is no longer JV football, send them back for reps if you have to.(yep, I say this to the coaches)
How in the world can our fast DB's continually let players get behind them?
Special teams? (still looking)
Last thought? The heck with incumbents......play the guys that will lay the first lick be it offense or defense.
Grade? "F"

* on to next week......... RUN!

blueraider10
09-07-2010, 08:56 AM
OVERRATED? PREDICTABLE?
This includes the coaches against Desoto.
We looked worse than the Arlington game as far as looking clueless and unprepared. I'd rather put guys on the field who will play than guys who look afraid or tentative.
Paschal has more fight than us!
I'm proud of the few guys who left something on the field.......also hope one DL(hint.....Big Mike) proved he's ready for playing full time or getting in the rotation.
Delenzi showed guts too, it's hard when you're getting a handoff with three guys in the backfield already in front of you. (Seems they knew we would not pass first)
Kolby? How about some mixing up our looks.......?
Put him on the freaking field sometimes....especially if the window is tiny and they dare our QB to run.
The state knows about Russell.
This is no longer JV football, send them back for reps if you have to.(yep, I say this to the coaches)
How in the world can our fast DB's continually let players get behind them?
Special teams? (still looking)
Last thought? The heck with incumbents......play the guys that will lay the first lick be it offense or defense.
Grade? "F"

* on to next week......... RUN!

I think the little vols will be okay. Getting you butt whipped in the second game sometimes is what is needed. Let's see how everyone rebounds this next week.

E-Vol-ution
09-07-2010, 09:03 AM
I think the little vols will be okay. Getting you butt whipped in the second game sometimes is what is needed. Let's see how everyone rebounds this next week.

I agree........Coach Perry doesn't want to go out like this.:notworthy

E-Vol-ution
09-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Time to play some Bowie football, we know Monday wasn't it on offense, defense or special teams.

E-Vol-ution
09-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Alert!
System failure in progress!
This is not Bowie football.
1) We are not clean and crisp in execution
2) We are not aggressive or proactive
3) We look hesitant and conservative
4) Looks like we are playing afraid to lose
5) One inch line means an off count or no count QB sneak to me.
6) Kolby drives the team downfield and momentum is killed by subbing
him out, even if it's one play.
7) Predictable and telegraph..........enough said without bringing up names.

I'd much rather lose swinging..............

If all of the above can only be worked out by Russell playing, then we "ain't" coaching!

BBAW!

slcdragonfan
09-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Alert!
System failure in progress!
This is not Bowie football.
1) We are not clean and crisp in execution
2) We are not aggressive or proactive
3) We look hesitant and conservative
4) Looks like we are playing afraid to lose
5) One inch line means an off count or no count QB sneak to me.
6) Kolby drives the team downfield and momentum is killed by subbing
him out, even if it's one play.
7) Predictable and telegraph..........enough said without bringing up names.

I'd much rather lose swinging..............

If all of the above can only be worked out by Russell playing, then we "ain't" coaching!

Only thing I can tell ya' is a lot of the other teams around the state look like they are not quite ready for prime time either. It's been pre-District so they don't count so the good news is there is time to put it together.

E-Vol-ution
09-24-2010, 02:39 PM
BBAW!

Let the horses do what they do.
(I don't mean eat grass and poop)

E-Vol-ution
09-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Bowie football has been going through a transformation that has been frustrating at times up to this point in time.
A very efficient passing attack has taken Bowie 4-3-4 over the past three years and everybody is very used to getting at least that far and ticked when the season ends.
This group can give Bowie what has stopped it in the past.....an effective running game when it's most important; in post season where the elements play a definitive role in who moves forward.
There's a curve in changing from a primarily passing team to a running team and it looks even uglier when your number one RB is out.
The early stages were unacceptable due to fundamental errors.........which have improved as of the last game.
I think this team has a lot more to show the state, but we had to take our lumps in the process.

BBAW

E-Vol-ution
10-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Percieved prosperity can be a bad thing sometimes I guess:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10/27/2582338/arlington-bowies-rocky-stretch.html

E-Vol-ution
11-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Last night was a game of peaks and valleys.
Excellent work in pulling out the last second victory last night.
We can not however continue on a path of being the Cardiac kids.

Kolby Listenbee is pure and simple the x factor.
Let him keep putting it downfield, his arm was good last night.
An aggressive offense is our best friend but that "matador" on the o-line needs to be fixed quick.(Russell being hit before he can get a handoff is just not acceptable.) O-line needs sled duty big time for running and laps for poor pass defense in known blitz situations (short slants please?)
Defense needs to be hitting something all week.............
I won't air dirty laundry but Coach P did the right thing for a certain person. (It's a shame, but you can only help somebody if they want it themselves.)
I think Jaylon still wanted to play more football last night.lol
Russell was making more pancakes than Denny's last night.
Blake is a beast.........keep him involved. (a head somewhere is still ringing).
Uh...the fake extra point was ugly as Betty Davis in "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane". Why not continue with the heavy duty package (they couldn't stop it)
No more timeout calls for short yardage allowing the other team's defense to set up a strategy. OK?
Funny, halftime Coach P. asked us if we had any suggestions and we gave a laundry list.........thanks for opening up the game. (You almost took too much time doing it though) :D

Overall a lot of heart and character surfaced last night............we need to capitalize on that momentum

E-Vol-ution
11-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Bowie MVP this year is Sergio Cantu.
It's a heck of a sacrifice for a senior to be willing to give up his long awaited starting QB spot if it would make Bowie's team better by playing Kolby Listenbee.
This helped set in motion a team first attitude and helped Kolby progress faster than if he would have had to go it alone learning the system without that all so important senior input.
I think this also rubbed off on some of the coaches (just my opinion).

I expect this team to shock some people during the playoffs..............

BBAW

Vols4Ever
11-10-2010, 02:36 PM
I understand things are thin subvarsity wise coming up for next year......

Bowie MVP this year is Sergio Cantu.
It's a heck of a sacrifice for a senior to be willing to give up his long awaited starting QB spot if it would make Bowie's team better by playing Kolby Listenbee.
This helped set in motion a team first attitude and helped Kolby progress faster than if he would have had to go it alone learning the system without that all so important senior input.
I think this also rubbed off on some of the coaches (just my opinion).

I expect this team to shock some people during the playoffs..............

BBAW

E-Vol-ution
11-10-2010, 02:41 PM
I understand things are thin subvarsity wise coming up for next year......

Coming from the JV team that would be correct IMO, but there will be some freshmen moving up who could play varsity right now.
Have you seen Coach Perry's kid?:eek:
He's a nifty QB that can already put it on the spot at 45 yards.
There are quite a few skill guys coming up and a lot of returnees that will have three year varsity experience.

slcdragonfan
11-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Midland looks pretty strong this year. Then if you get past them it is either Coppell, Plano, or Duncanville. I watched the Duncanville/CHILL game last night, they are a very good team.

A tough row to hoe this year for the Vols.

hollywood
11-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Good luck to the Vols against Midland.

E-Vol-ution
11-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Midland looks pretty strong this year. Then if you get past them it is either Coppell, Plano, or Duncanville. I watched the Duncanville/CHILL game last night, they are a very good team.

A tough row to hoe this year for the Vols.

Wow.......I was impressed also.
Playoff time is always a roller coaster time across our area.
Now's the time for rankings to be made.
Once in a while.....you just have to catch the right breeze.:D

E-Vol-ution
11-20-2010, 10:32 AM
It was quite a year.................
There's a lot to be learned from that will help everyone face a better tommorrow.
Always do and be your best...........

E-Vol-ution
01-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Minnesota got a good kid and student athlete with this one.
Congratulations Mike Amaefula!

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/01/rivalscom-arlington-bowie-de-michael-ama.html

E-Vol-ution
05-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Congrats to the Arlington Bowie Girls Softball team..........they have broken the history of a Bowie softball squad never making it past the first round of playoffs with 8-3 and 5-0 victories over Midland Lee.

This week's matchup is with EP Americas in Midland.

Good luck to our girls!

(This is a young team....and they are not just satisfied yet)

E-Vol-ution
05-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Bowie Spring Game tonight............
A little taste before that summer stretch!

E-Vol-ution
05-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Spring game report............

I really, really, really like the potential of this team.
Let's see what we do with it.............

E-Vol-ution
05-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Congratulations on Bowie winning their 7 on 7 SQT............
keep up the good work with your feet on the ground.

drgnbkr
05-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Congratulations on Bowie winning their 7 on 7 SQT............
keep up the good work with your feet on the ground.

Who made it through from the pools?

E-Vol-ution
05-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Who made it through from the pools?
Bowie and Arlington
Courtesy of TOC:

Semi-Finals
Arlington 28 Dallas White 27
Arlington Bowie 46 Dallas Kimball 7

Finals
Arlington Bowie 40 Arlington 21

POOL PLAY ROUND THREE FINAL SCORES

POOL A
Arlington High 32 SLC 19
Arlington Lamar 27 Arlington Martin 13

Pool B
WT White 35 Waco 25
Colleyville Heritage 48 Irving MacArthur 7

Pool C
SOC 19 Mansfield Summitt 6
Kimball 40 Grand Prairie 28

Pool D
Dallas Conrad 20 Burleson Centennial 13
Arlington Bowie 53 FW South Hills 0

POOL PLAY ROUND TWO FINAL SCORES

POOL A
Arlington High 28 Arlington Lamar 26
Arlington Martin 20 Southlake Carroll 12

Pool B
WT White 28 Colleyville Heritage 21
Waco High 13 Irving MacArthur 12

Pool C
Mansfield Summitt 26 Grand Prairie 13
Kimball 20 South Oak Cliff 6

Pool D
FW South Hills 21 Dallas Conrad 7
Arlington Bowie 56 Burleson Centennial 0

POOL PLAY ROUND ONE FINAL SCORES

POOL A
Arlington High 27 Arlington Martin 13
Arlington Lamar 35 Southlake Carroll 7

Pool B
WT White 26 Irving MacArthur 14
Waco High 19 Colleyville Heritage 12

Pool C
Mansfield Summitt 25 Kimball 20
South Oak Cliff 20 Grand Prairie 12

Pool D
Burleson Centennial 21 FW South Hills 6
Arlington Bowie 56 Dallas Conrad 0

Kenny Hill was pulled from action as a precautionary (thumb bruise as reported by TOC)

dragonpants
06-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Bowie and Arlington
Courtesy of TOC:

Semi-Finals
Arlington 28 Dallas White 27
Arlington Bowie 46 Dallas Kimball 7

Finals
Arlington Bowie 40 Arlington 21

POOL PLAY ROUND THREE FINAL SCORES

POOL A
Arlington High 32 SLC 19
Arlington Lamar 27 Arlington Martin 13

Pool B
WT White 35 Waco 25
Colleyville Heritage 48 Irving MacArthur 7

Pool C
SOC 19 Mansfield Summitt 6
Kimball 40 Grand Prairie 28

Pool D
Dallas Conrad 20 Burleson Centennial 13
Arlington Bowie 53 FW South Hills 0

POOL PLAY ROUND TWO FINAL SCORES

POOL A
Arlington High 28 Arlington Lamar 26
Arlington Martin 20 Southlake Carroll 12

Pool B
WT White 28 Colleyville Heritage 21
Waco High 13 Irving MacArthur 12

Pool C
Mansfield Summitt 26 Grand Prairie 13
Kimball 20 South Oak Cliff 6

Pool D
FW South Hills 21 Dallas Conrad 7
Arlington Bowie 56 Burleson Centennial 0

POOL PLAY ROUND ONE FINAL SCORES

POOL A
Arlington High 27 Arlington Martin 13
Arlington Lamar 35 Southlake Carroll 7

Pool B
WT White 26 Irving MacArthur 14
Waco High 19 Colleyville Heritage 12

Pool C
Mansfield Summitt 25 Kimball 20
South Oak Cliff 20 Grand Prairie 12

Pool D
Burleson Centennial 21 FW South Hills 6
Arlington Bowie 56 Dallas Conrad 0

Kenny Hill was pulled from action as a precautionary (thumb bruise as reported by TOC)

Now I understand, We handled Arlington pretty well on Saturday without PW and now Kenny. My biggest fear of 7 on 7. Congrats Bowie and Evo.

dragonpants
06-06-2011, 09:54 PM
I will hop on your thread from time to time so it is not an E-vol thread only and I can learn more about Bowie.

DrEdward
06-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Now I understand, We handled Arlington pretty well on Saturday with PW and now Kenny. My biggest fear of 7 on 7. Congrats Bowie and Evo.

In fairness, Arlington was not fully represented last Saturday.

E-Vol-ution
06-07-2011, 07:41 AM
I will hop on your thread from time to time so it is not an E-vol thread only and I can learn more about Bowie.

Quite a few folks are on a read-only on the Bowie thread.:)
The team looks good this year......very good.

dragonpants
06-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Quite a few folks are on a read-only on the Bowie thread.:)
The team looks good this year......very good.

Good, maybe we can get a rematch in the playoffs, with a different outcome this time. :D

E-Vol-ution
06-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Good, maybe we can get a rematch in the playoffs, with a different outcome this time. :D

We're a lock for D1.........you guys most likely have a path closer to last year's with Arlington or Lamar as possible match-ups.
I really know nothing about Paschal, Sam Houston, Weatherford or North Crowley......perhaps they surprise somebody.

chhspantherfan
06-07-2011, 08:03 AM
KTs put y'all up in the Darkhorse section of top 25........http://www.5atexasfootball.com/2011/06/2011-darkhorses-region-1/

good luck this season !!

dragonpants
06-07-2011, 08:10 AM
We're a lock for D1.........you guys most likely have a path closer to last year's with Arlington or Lamar as possible match-ups.
I really know nothing about Paschal, Sam Houston, Weatherford or North Crowley......perhaps they surprise somebody.

We are locked in at DII.

Arlington's QB looked very good in 7 on 7. Tall, accurate and strong arm.
He had some dropped balls that were not his fault.

dragonpants
06-07-2011, 08:12 AM
KTs put y'all up in the Darkhorse section of top 25........http://www.5atexasfootball.com/2011/06/2011-darkhorses-region-1/

good luck this season !!

I fully expected to see Bowie in the top 10 when they were not listed previously, I did not expect to see Guyer that high nor Coppell but knew Coppell would certainly be in the top 25 so they had to be there but I could see where someone (not me) would have Guyer outside the top 25 with how much they lost last year. They will be very good.

E-Vol-ution
06-07-2011, 08:30 AM
We are locked in at DII.

Arlington's QB looked very good in 7 on 7. Tall, accurate and strong arm.
He had some dropped balls that were not his fault.

Kolby's put a lot of work in throwing the ball.
He's already the best running QB in Bowie's history (1,000 yards last year).........kid raised the ante.

E-Vol-ution
06-07-2011, 08:37 AM
I fully expected to see Bowie in the top 10 when they were not listed previously, I did not expect to see Guyer that high nor Coppell but knew Coppell would certainly be in the top 25 so they had to be there but I could see where someone (not me) would have Guyer outside the top 25 with how much they lost last year. They will be very good.

I can't say we deserved to be in the top 10 for a preseason ranking (it's not my board), but I can say for the first time I really don't care who we play in post season........as long as the kids are healthy and stay grounded.
A few people are going to be surprised IMO.lol
When's that stock thread coming out? :D

E-Vol-ution
08-14-2011, 10:37 AM
This Bowie team has everything needed to challenge anyone in any style game............some kids that pursued other sports are back on the field.

Very talented group that has undisputed leadership.

Diverse playmakers on both sides of the ball with hellacious speed by Bowie standards.

Plenty of these kids can play at the next level and or excell on the HS level.

Special teams play should be awesome.

hollywood
08-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Good luck to the Vols this season.

E-Vol-ution
08-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Good luck to the Vols this season.

Thanks Wood.....I'll be checking SGP out quite a bit this year.
My nephew is still in GA for the summer and most likely will start out on JV unless he's needed for his foot.
Best wishes to SGP.

E-Vol-ution
08-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Very good showing for Bowie at Ratliff yesterday against Odessa......still have a few things to work on, but a lot of promise was shown.
Most starters played only the first half....so a lot of kids got on the field for their first taste of varsity ball.
Lots of playmakers out there.
All the respect in the world for Odessa.........they lost a lost of key guys, but will end up on their feet. I wish them a lot of luck in 3-5A.

coriv
08-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Very good showing for Bowie at Ratliff yesterday against Odessa......still have a few things to work on, but a lot of promise was shown.
Most starters played only the first half....so a lot of kids got on the field for their first taste of varsity ball.
All the respect in the world for Odessa.........they lost a lost of key guys, but will end up on their feet. I wish them a lot of luck in 3-5A.

I`d say that as long as Bowie stays healthy they will give everyone hell, but their backups are pretty damn good too.

Best of luck to them the rest of the season.

slcdragonfan
08-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Nice game Bowie fans, looks like you have an offensive two-some to threaten most anybody.

E-Vol-ution
08-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Nice game Bowie fans, looks like you have an offensive two-some to threaten most anybody.

I see SLC has another beast RB nobody talked about and a slew of wrs......somebody else might get fooled, but most know those kids will be catching balls all week.

Vols4Ever
08-28-2011, 11:15 PM

I'm too busy running my kids between hockey, soccer, and their other activities to get to make road trips to watch the alma mater anymore....

Kids want to go to Midlothian games, so I will oblige, as this is our home team now.

But my thoughts and support for Bowie remain. Best of luck this season E-Vol.

BBAW.

RocklandDragon
08-28-2011, 11:34 PM
II looked at the History of Bowie High school on WOS87's football database page and it showed Bowie was closed from 1983-1991. I wondered why so I looked it up and Bowie actually moved to the Southeast of Arlington. Preety bold move by AISD but it seemed to work out for the best.

Also, Bowie and Arlington High aren't using Maverick stadium anymore? Where are their home games now?

E-Vol-ution
08-28-2011, 11:38 PM
II looked at the History of Bowie High school on WOS87's football database page and it showed Bowie was closed from 1983-1991. I wondered why so I looked it up and Bowie actually moved to the Southeast of Arlington. Preety bold move by AISD but it seemed to work out for the best.

Also, Bowie and Arlington High aren't using Maverick stadium anymore? Where are their home games now?

Bowie plays at Wilemon (Sam Houston) and Arlington plays at Cravens (Lamar).

E-Vol-ution
08-28-2011, 11:42 PM
I'm too busy running my kids between hockey, soccer, and their other activities to get to make road trips to watch the alma mater anymore....

Kids want to go to Midlothian games, so I will oblige, as this is our home team now.

But my thoughts and support for Bowie remain. Best of luck this season E-Vol.

BBAW.

Vols4Ever.......you have got to see this group.
Scary what they can turn into.

Vols4Ever
08-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Vols4Ever.......you have got to see this group.
Scary what they can turn into.

I will be interested to watch the Martin/Bowie game..... got the date circled.

E-Vol-ution
09-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Good test against Skyline.........I like our chances.
BBAW

E-Vol-ution
10-05-2011, 08:37 AM
In the past Bowie has had some studs at QB who could dish a lick as well as take one........the kids we have now really need to slide once maximum yards are picked up for the good of the team.

BBAW

E-Vol-ution
11-05-2011, 01:17 PM
I applaud the Bowie coaches prep and schemes against Arlington........:notworthy
Offensive coordination was very good. (got to get those receivers to stick longer on their blocks)

E-Vol-ution
08-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Bump!

DragonFan0316
08-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Good test against Skyline.........I like our chances.
BBAW

Are you saying this as a fan or an honest analogy? They will be very tough this year. I believe they are the team to beat in 2012. Hey, didn't realize you are a Giants fan? How could you?:)

E-Vol-ution
08-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Are you saying this as a fan or an honest analogy? They will be very tough this year. I believe they are the team to beat in 2012. Hey, didn't realize you are a Giants fan? How could you?:)

I'm saying it as honest input.......outside of last year's game the two teams have always played close. Our secondary is experienced now.
(This was actually my totally flawed post prior to last year's game....I overestimated our readiness in the secondary and offensive strategy while underestimating the same for Skyline.......including the impact of kickazz Thomas Johnson)

I've always been a Giant fan.....it's easy.

E-Vol-ution
08-08-2012, 11:17 AM
I am really looking forward to seeing this defense during the first three games.:D

slcdragonfan
08-08-2012, 11:32 AM
and I am looking forward to no Hansboro if we have to play you....

E-Vol-ution
08-18-2012, 08:13 AM

We'll have a good ground and air game.........much better air game than last year.
These kids are a welcome addition......one of our best reloads.
Hansborough was a natural and also put in a tremendous amount of work.....guess I'll be backing Mizzou now.

dragonpants
08-22-2012, 12:37 PM
We'll have a good ground and air game.........much better air game than last year.
These kids are a welcome addition......one of our best reloads.
Hansborough was a natural and also put in a tremendous amount of work.....guess I'll be backing Mizzou now.

You think Perry is better than Listenbee or the receivers are better?

E-Vol-ution
08-23-2012, 12:38 PM
You think Perry is better than Listenbee or the receivers are better?

Perry is an actual passing QB that checks down and reads better.
Kolby was a superb athlete that was run first thought.
The recievers are back and we have a load of other guys.

dragonpants
08-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Perry is an actual passing QB that checks down and reads better.
Kolby was a superb athlete that was run first thought.
The recievers are back and we have a load of other guys.

I will be watching your district as we get either you or Martin in the first round unless Sam Houston sneaks in and while I know less than 0 about them, from what I have read there is not much of a possibility of that happening.
Will be interesting to see you guys with a pure passer.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
08-24-2012, 06:01 PM

Amazing what he did that day while hurt, even in a loss to you guys.

E-Vol-ution
08-25-2012, 07:07 AM
Quite a bit to build on based on the CHILL scrimmage.
Bowie's defense looks very promising.
Bowie's offense was ok moving the ball outside of two series.

Coach Perry rounded up the troops after the scrimmage and asked anyone to raise their hands who felt like state championship football was played out there and no one put their hand up.
The old standard says nothing...........it's time to play for a ring.
I like that message......good isn't enough anymore in these parts.
Time to step up.:yes:

Robber89
08-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Quite a bit to build on based on the CHILL scrimmage.
Bowie's defense looks very promising.
Bowie's offense was ok moving the ball outside of two series.

Coach Perry rounded up the troops after the scrimmage and asked anyone to raise their hands who felt like state championship football was played out there and no one put their hand up.
The old standard says nothing...........it's time to play for a ring.
I like that message......good isn't enough anymore in these parts.
Time to step up.:yes:

I believe they are better than they were last year. Very impressed with their secondary, WR's, and QB.

E-Vol-ution
08-31-2012, 05:47 PM
Amazing what he did that day while hurt, even in a loss to you guys.

As a true freshman....Russell is getting snaps with the first team at Mizzou.

E-Vol-ution
09-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Wow......Bowie was missing two OL in last night's game.
Mansfield has a trophy OL.........big front line.
I have to give props to Bowie's frosh kicker........always a plus to have that spot secured for a while.
Tipler, Calhoun, Freeman, NICO SMALL (great game),Brican (way to bounce back with a 60yd td run 16 secs after getting stripped by Baltimore), Versey, Rivers, Thomas, Wesley, James (great game), Don (tough dude).
Perry's kid is a beast.....floor general.......and slight of hand...haven't seen those kind of ball fakes or throwing since Deric Davis.
Team win.....great coaching.......

E-Vol-ution
09-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Great bounce back after Mesquite.............
Proud of the Bowie defense, offense, kicking game and coaching in the Skyline game.
Is Bowie playing championship football?
Nope, but definitely serving notice to folks across the state there's bad intentions.
Time to heal up with this week's bye followed up by Paschal, Weatherford and North Crowley.
Great time for some tune ups...........
BBAW!

SittingBull
09-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Bounce-back is an understatement. Wow! and, unlike SL, you didn't have to rely on foxes and other such witchery. Congrats.

coriv
09-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Congratulations on the big win. Best of luck the rest of the season.

E-Vol-ution
09-17-2012, 07:37 PM
In the past Bowie has had some studs at QB who could dish a lick as well as take one........the kids we have now really need to slide once maximum yards are picked up for the good of the team.

BBAW

I really think Coach Perry needs to address this................

dragonpants
09-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Bounce-back is an understatement. Wow! and, unlike SL, you didn't have to rely on foxes and other such witchery. Congrats.

During our bye week some of us are headed to New Orleans to learn voodoo and possibly scout some potential move ins.
We are always looking for an advantage the damn referees have really raised their rates.

dragonpants
09-17-2012, 08:02 PM
On a serious note, congrats to Bowie on a great win.

E-Vol-ution
10-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Wow....Coach Perry says that Tony James (soph qb) is the fastest kid he's ever had at Bowie. :eek:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/10/24/4358057/young-arlington-bowie-qb-leads.html

dragonpants
10-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Wow....Coach Perry says that Tony James (soph qb) is the fastest kid he's ever had at Bowie. :eek:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/10/24/4358057/young-arlington-bowie-qb-leads.html

How is your offensive attack now?
Is it more run based, balanced or are you throwing more than in years past?

E-Vol-ution
10-24-2012, 08:27 AM
How is your offensive attack now?
Is it more run based, balanced or are you throwing more than in years past?

Run based, but balanced......about 2:1 ratio with 4-5 playmakers.

E-Vol-ution
11-03-2012, 06:12 PM
bbaw

footballhead
11-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Class 5A Division 1
Region 1
Area Round Playoff Predictions
EP Franklin vs. Arlington Bowie
QB Play is going to be a major factor as they both are the driving force behind their football teams. Both have accumulated similar stats throughout the year. Both teams have shown the ability to throw the ball effectively when needed but have shown the balance to run it when their teams have needed it. EPF and AB are very balanced and talented football teams who I think match up very well. Special teams have been a bit of a struggle as of late for Bowie and this has been a strength for EPF all season. With the winds expected to be between 20-30 mph, expect the ground game to be in full effect. It will be crucial to win the Field Position Battle and utilize your passing game when it’s your turn with the wind. This is an element that totally can change an offense, example being Abilene vs Mansfield last year in the 3rd Round.
Prediction: I am going with the upset here, I just see EPF taking advantage of the over aggressive Bowie front with some misdirection and counters. Which lead lead to them utilizing there play action game, offering some dink and dunks even into the wind.
El Paso Franklin 31 Bowie 13
margin:�4 ; nh Џh er-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:1061252494; mso-list-type:hybrid; mso-list-template-ids:1596988214 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-tab-stop:none; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in;} ol {margin-bottom:0in;} ul {margin-bottom:0in;} --> Area Round Playoff Predictions
Coppell vs Desoto
Wow this is going to be a barn burner! Both teams are effective in the air and on the ground. Both teams have exceptional RB who are game changing impact players. However the QB for Desoto if completely healthy offers another Division 1 RB Backfield that can take pressure off of Wilson and oh by the way is crazy accurate in the passing game. For the purpose of this post I am assuming he is 100% healthy at this point. Coppell can win this game by doing 2 things.
1. Discipline on Defense- staying in rush lanes on 3rd and long situations, you cannot give this QB anywhere to run, and they drop him straight back a lot. He is very short so if you keep him in there your chance of getting to him and him not seeing over the increases. If he buys time and gets out, turn out the lights the parties over…..
2. Double Moves on Corners- Desoto will do what they can to take away your running game. They will inside press straight man across the board as well as play some man free cover 2, 2 man in long passing downs. They are good but not great and rely a lot on pressure to qb to make this work. DL is average, if you mix the count they will jump at least 3 times in the game. LB’s can scrape and run but are undisciplined. So if you can get there aggressive corners to start jumping the slant or out, you will score on a slant and go, out and up.
Prediction: This is a hard one to pick. I don’t think the Desoto O line is very good at all or else Wilson one of the best RB in the nation would have more than 1450 yards on 220 carries in my opinion. I am going with Coppell. I see their versatility on Offense and Discipline on Defense carrying them to a Victory in this one. I would not refer to this as an upset pick, 2 great teams. Talent can only get you so far!
Coppell 27 Desoto 21

E-Vol-ution
11-22-2012, 08:29 AM
We will now pause for a signal test.........................

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4633832430503280&pid=15.1

mike03car
11-22-2012, 11:11 AM
We will now pause for a signal test.........................

Beam me up, Scotty, there are no signs of life on this planet

E-Vol-ution
11-26-2012, 08:36 PM
bbaw

SittingBull
11-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Bowie Bulldogs rock! You guys need any help with your inflatable? I got plenty of time on my hands.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
11-27-2012, 07:11 PM
bbaw

What exactly does that mean?

E-Vol-ution
03-23-2013, 10:00 AM
Bump

E-Vol-ution
03-23-2013, 10:03 AM
No word on naming the HC.
Floating around is the DC (good choice).
Rumors are that the OC wants it also (not ready for prime time).

dragonpants
03-25-2013, 07:30 AM
No word on naming the HC.
Floating around is the DC (good choice).
Rumors are that the OC wants it also (not ready for prime time).

Ya'll need to hurry up, spring ball just around the corner and need someone to watch over off season training.

E-Vol-ution
03-26-2013, 06:02 AM
Ya'll need to hurry up, spring ball just around the corner and need someone to watch over off season training.

I requested an update from a reliable source.

dragonpants
04-08-2013, 12:17 PM
I requested an update from a reliable source.

Still no coach?

E-Vol-ution
04-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Still no coach?

My source had nothing but I've read on TOC that an announcement will be made next week out of 3 insiders and one outside guy.

dragonpants
04-09-2013, 09:34 AM
My source had nothing but I've read on TOC that an announcement will be made next week out of 3 insiders and one outside guy.

Why is this taking so long with Spring Practice right around the corner? Seems odd.

E-Vol-ution
04-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Why is this taking so long with Spring Practice right around the corner? Seems odd.

Just named a new principal for Bowie this week.......just got a permanent AISD superintendant named in Dec. 2012 after being an interim for 6 months.
Kind of odd situation.

E-Vol-ution
04-12-2013, 04:42 AM
Congratulations to former Arlington Bowie DC Danny DeArman being named Head Coach.
Well respected and a great guy!

BBAW!

CHill
04-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Congratulations to former Arlington Bowie DC Danny DeArman being named Head Coach.
Well respected and a great guy!

BBAW!

Congrats! I was worried they might make that baseball coach the football coach. Do expect any offense or defense scheme changes?

E-Vol-ution
04-18-2013, 08:01 AM
Congrats! I was worried they might make that baseball coach the football coach. Do expect any offense or defense scheme changes?

I don't know......but defense will be a strength.
Bowie's deep this year and I look forward to seeing what's done regarding offensive strategy......the OL is a strength for the first time in my memory so we can go right at people, misdirection or go to the air.

E-Vol-ution
05-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Bowie Updates:

Edwin Freeman LB,S and TE added an offer from LSU to his current stack.

Keaton Perry has been lighting it up in practice in addition to displaying his leadership skills and strong character.

Kip Edwards DB Mizzou has signed a free agent offer with the Buffalo Bills.

OakTreeUp-n-Out
05-06-2013, 10:27 AM
What's BBAW mean again?

E-Vol-ution
05-06-2013, 01:02 PM
What's BBAW mean again?

lol....respectfully speaking (or typing), sit on Bowie's side at a game and I or someone else will tell you.:notworthy

E-Vol-ution
05-07-2013, 07:13 AM
Texashsfootball visited yesterday and has a couple of write ups.....too bad I'm not a subscriber.lol

E-Vol-ution
05-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Congrats to DE Nate Gipson for winning the regional championship with a high jump of 6'11"!

BBAW!

E-Vol-ution
05-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Player of the Day..........."Perrylized"!

E-Vol-ution
05-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Okay.......I'm a Chris Gardner fan.

E-Vol-ution
05-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Tony James.........is better.

E-Vol-ution
05-24-2013, 06:40 PM
Great seeing former players at the Bowie Spring game.........Russell, Kolby, Deric.........a bunch of em.

E-Vol-ution
06-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Tony James gets a TCU offer...........Rod Winters gets offers from New Mexico State and couple of others, Jordan Versey with Nevada.

E-Vol-ution
06-15-2013, 01:14 PM
LB Rod Winters picks up Mizzou offer. CONGRATS!

E-Vol-ution
07-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Congrats on Bowie LB Rod Winters committing to MIZZOU!

E-Vol-ution
07-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Former DE Jessie Rogers has bloomed into a 270lb beast at UNC..............keep an eye on great things from him.

E-Vol-ution
08-15-2013, 04:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6n3s...ature=youtu.be (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6n3shajvAU&feature=youtu.be)

slcdragonfan
08-15-2013, 05:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6n3s...ature=youtu.be (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6n3shajvAU&feature=youtu.be)

I like those, I can even read the numbers.

E-Vol-ution
08-15-2013, 05:18 PM
I like those, I can even read the numbers. lol......we're doomed.

E-Vol-ution
08-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Okay.........I expect a lot (but not in a scrimmage). Nice licks on the defensive side........Offense showed a few things......It's put up time starting next week.

E-Vol-ution
08-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Courtesy of Star-Telegram:Arlington Bowie
District 3-5A http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2013/08/26/20/24/htIHg.Hi.58.jpeg View photos (http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/08/26/5110608/countdown-to-kickoff-arlington.html#article_photos)

Coach: Danny DeArman
Last season: 11-2 (7-0 in District), lost to DeSoto in regional semifinal
Key players: OLB Edwin Freeman (6-1, 224); LB Roderick Winters (5-11, 196); DB Conan Skidmore (6-0, 180); OL Kris Thigpen (6-3, 250); WR Jordan Versey (5-10, 175); WR/QB Tony James (5-8, 150); QB Keaton Perry (5-9, 170); DB Niko Small (5-11, 170); OL Madison Akamnonu (6-5, 255); OL Clyde McCully (6-3, 240)
The big picture: Bowie is stacked on defense and might be the best by the end of the season. But perhaps flying under the radar is how talented the Vols are on the offensive line. Kris Thigpen and Madison Akamnonu have an additional year of experience after dominating their positions last season, and Clyde McCully adds great size. Quarterback Tony James will shift to receiver as last season’s starter Keaton Perry is back from a knee injury that ended his season in Week 2. With Perry back in the driver’s seat, Jordan Versey should get more touches in the passing attack. Last season, Bowie registered nearly 6,000 yards of offense. After Perry’s injury, though, James brought a more mobile style, rushing for 963 yards and 13 touchdowns. Still, Bowie stayed with the passing attack and James threw for 1,690 yards and 20 scores. Defense, though, is where the Vols are most vicious. Last season’s team gave up an average of 251 yards per game but only 102 yards per game passing. Bowie returns a host of starters from last season and is looking to bolster its run-stopping ability. Last season the Vols twice allowed individual rushers over 150 yards, once had three backs combine to exceed 150 yards, and allowed two DeSoto backs each more than 100 yards in the regional semifinal.
Quotable: “I love the coaches, you know I’ve been with those guys for awhile. It would be a lot tougher had I come in from the outside but given the fact we’ve been together so long, the relationship that we’ve developed has made it an easy process.” — coach Danny DeArman
Last week’s Cedar Hill scrimmage “was our first chance to see what we’ve got. It was exciting and we’re ready for the season. We were pretty good, but it’s just a start. We’re going to do something amazing this year on defense.” — LB Edwin Freeman
“Last year we went three rounds, lost to DeSoto, and we have 15 or 16 people coming back. That’s probably up there with everybody in the district and everybody who is kind of filling in played a lot last year. I think we’re pretty much reloaded and have a chance to be pretty good this year.” — QB Keaton Perry
Notable: Bowie gave up just 77 yards passing per game in district last season.

— Kevin Casas

sgp3
08-29-2013, 08:12 AM
Sound like Bowie is loaded this year! We come watch them when they play Martin or in the playoffs!

Courtesy of Star-Telegram:Arlington Bowie
District 3-5A http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2013/08/26/20/24/htIHg.Hi.58.jpeg View photos (http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/08/26/5110608/countdown-to-kickoff-arlington.html#article_photos)

Coach: Danny DeArman
Last season: 11-2 (7-0 in District), lost to DeSoto in regional semifinal
Key players: OLB Edwin Freeman (6-1, 224); LB Roderick Winters (5-11, 196); DB Conan Skidmore (6-0, 180); OL Kris Thigpen (6-3, 250); WR Jordan Versey (5-10, 175); WR/QB Tony James (5-8, 150); QB Keaton Perry (5-9, 170); DB Niko Small (5-11, 170); OL Madison Akamnonu (6-5, 255); OL Clyde McCully (6-3, 240)
The big picture: Bowie is stacked on defense and might be the best by the end of the season. But perhaps flying under the radar is how talented the Vols are on the offensive line. Kris Thigpen and Madison Akamnonu have an additional year of experience after dominating their positions last season, and Clyde McCully adds great size. Quarterback Tony James will shift to receiver as last season’s starter Keaton Perry is back from a knee injury that ended his season in Week 2. With Perry back in the driver’s seat, Jordan Versey should get more touches in the passing attack. Last season, Bowie registered nearly 6,000 yards of offense. After Perry’s injury, though, James brought a more mobile style, rushing for 963 yards and 13 touchdowns. Still, Bowie stayed with the passing attack and James threw for 1,690 yards and 20 scores. Defense, though, is where the Vols are most vicious. Last season’s team gave up an average of 251 yards per game but only 102 yards per game passing. Bowie returns a host of starters from last season and is looking to bolster its run-stopping ability. Last season the Vols twice allowed individual rushers over 150 yards, once had three backs combine to exceed 150 yards, and allowed two DeSoto backs each more than 100 yards in the regional semifinal.
Quotable: “I love the coaches, you know I’ve been with those guys for awhile. It would be a lot tougher had I come in from the outside but given the fact we’ve been together so long, the relationship that we’ve developed has made it an easy process.” — coach Danny DeArman
Last week’s Cedar Hill scrimmage “was our first chance to see what we’ve got. It was exciting and we’re ready for the season. We were pretty good, but it’s just a start. We’re going to do something amazing this year on defense.” — LB Edwin Freeman
“Last year we went three rounds, lost to DeSoto, and we have 15 or 16 people coming back. That’s probably up there with everybody in the district and everybody who is kind of filling in played a lot last year. I think we’re pretty much reloaded and have a chance to be pretty good this year.” — QB Keaton Perry
Notable: Bowie gave up just 77 yards passing per game in district last season.

— Kevin Casas

E-Vol-ution
08-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Sound like Bowie is loaded this year! We come watch them when they play Martin or in the playoffs!
Looks like it this year...... ticked at my nephew not playing out there. I still have to cook for those kids on the team he hangs out with. One of them is off to Oklahoma State and I get left with his little brother. lol

E-Vol-ution
08-31-2013, 12:14 AM
Hmm.....Bowie needs to work on a few things. Wasn't fond of early play calling, missed balls hitting guys in the hands, getting pulled in during times tempers flared. It's obvious this could have been a blowout if first stringers weren't pulled or if the passing game wasn't stopped so early. Pass protection better be more in synch quick. I think the Mansfield kid getting hurt and time delay changed the mindsets. Refs were........ah yeah, but the play goes on. Get ready for Mesquite...........BBAW. Overall some good things took place out there. Defense drives this team.......scary how good they'll be. Better buckle up folks!

E-Vol-ution
09-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Wow.....Tony James replaced an injured Keaton Perry in the second Qtr and it got ugly out there. #10 is back. I hope to God KP is ok. 57-22 and it could have been worse.

CHill
09-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Wow.....Tony James replaced an injured Keaton Perry in the second Qtr and it got ugly out there. #10 is back. I hope to God KP is ok. 57-22 and it could have been worse.

Sorry to hear that, that kid has no luck! Congrats on the win, James is the better QB and really leads the team.

E-Vol-ution
09-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Sorry to hear that, that kid has no luck! Congrats on the win, James is the better QB and really leads the team. Thing is....Tony is the best skill player on the team anywhere he lines up. Watch out for not just Trent Shumate....Bowie has some nice youngsters running the ball. I was impressed........really hoping KP is ok, he's tough as nails and a great kid.

E-Vol-ution
09-07-2013, 06:53 AM
Okay.........KP is out for the third time in three years and last night's victory is bitter due to that. Keaton Perry is one of the toughest kids I have ever encountered. My wish is that this Bowie team stay focused on the prize and give KP a chance to throw another touchdown before he hangs up his cleats in this senior season.

Trinity-Jagger
09-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Congradulations on your win.Very nice team and program you have over there,,keep it up.

GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E-Vol-ution
09-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Congradulations on your win.Very nice team and program you have over there,,keep it up.

GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks.......Mesquite never laid down. They have nice pieces.

Trinity-Jagger
09-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Thanks.......Mesquite never laid down. They have nice pieces.
Mesquite just possibly faced the best team they will see all year in that Bowie team.Will for surely get them ready for district play, I haven`t heard to much of what happened ,,,,but just score tibit.Glad at least they gave your boys some kinda of a game. I was thinking like a 50-10 game IMHO( seen Bowie JV team the other night after watching Horn vs Garland when ya`ll played Mesquite JV`s,, and man ole` man they had some big fast young men on the field, heck of a strength program you must have over there,,,,,, but thats what it takes to stay a top notch program)

Good luck rest of the season and stay healthy.Peace

GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E-Vol-ution
09-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Mesquite just possibly faced the best team they will see all year in that Bowie team.Will for surely get them ready for district play, I haven`t heard to much of what happened ,,,,but just score tibit.Glad at least they gave your boys some kinda of a game. I was thinking like a 50-10 game IMHO( seen Bowie JV team the other night after watching Horn vs Garland when ya`ll played Mesquite JV`s,, and man ole` man they had some big fast young men on the field, heck of a strength program you must have over there,,,,,, but thats what it takes to stay a top notch program)

GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to get out to see the sub-varsity teams still. Just had one cousin graduate from Horn that's at Wiley now and have a little stud that will be a Horn in the future. He's tearing up the midgets now.lol

Trinity-Jagger
09-07-2013, 11:51 AM
I need to get out to see the sub-varsity teams still. Just had one cousin graduate from Horn that's at Wiley now and have a little stud that will be a Horn in the future. He's tearing up the midgets now.lol

X-cellent E-vol , I will do my best to support your family,,congarts on the Graduation of your cousin from Horn,and will have eyes and ears open on Mr. Studly coming up from pop-warner ,or is he Junior High right now??

But yes that JV team looked incredible IMHO, alot of ballers on that Bowie JV team, them young men was "ripped, fast and nice counter of attack strength"
Kinda surprized me when they sat right beside me as I stood watching the Horn Garland JV game , before I decided on a seat.
I was thinking who in the worlds varsity team is hear to watch this, cause there was other programs here at the time,and wasn`t even thinking of next Game Bowie vs. Mesquite at the time. ,,,,asked a couple of the young men how they was doing , and thought it was well represented when a couple said and I quote" doing good sir",and i was like right on.Well respectful young men,,,,,,but on that note later did I realize that was Bowie`s JV team,,,, I was just chatting with.Some big young men all I can add.
Ya need to try and check that JV team out e-vol,,,,,,looked good!

GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paige70
09-07-2013, 12:24 PM

GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hats off to Bowie on getting the revenge, but keep in mind this Mesquite team is far from what it was a year ago and this Bowie team is very much the power house they were, hence the lob-sided score. Best team all year is yet to be seen as Evo stated the season is still very young and 12-5a is loaded.

Good Luck to Bowie the rest of the way!

E-Vol-ution
09-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Hats off to Bowie on getting the revenge, but keep in mind this Mesquite team is far from what it was a year ago and this Bowie team is very much the power house they were, hence the lob-sided score. Best team all year is yet to be seen as Evo stated the season is still very young and 12-5a is loaded.

Good Luck to Bowie the rest of the way! Thanks.......keep in mind this wasn't a zero experience soph sub replacing Perry with mix and match OL this year also. Would have been a much better game. Bowie can't be a power until they win region at least ( I heard). Best wishes to the 12-5!

hollywood
09-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Congrats!!!

E-Vol-ution
03-19-2014, 03:05 PM
Congrats to former Bowie Coach Perry being named TCU corner's coach.