PDA

View Full Version : Panthers @ Bears

dragons08
01-08-2006, 10:22 PM
who wins?

DragonBand06
01-08-2006, 10:24 PM
If the Pats play like last week, and how many expect them to, I think they can pull it out.

dragons08
01-08-2006, 10:27 PM
If the Pats play like last week, and how many expect them to, I think they can pull it out.
weird, the pats arent in this game..

DragonBand06
01-08-2006, 10:27 PM

That was intended for the Pats vote.... oops. I voted Panthers, but I think the Bears win this one.

dragons08
01-08-2006, 10:30 PM
well im going to be biased here and take my bears..i'll give some points why..

the bears are 7-1 at home

the rest will be good for this defense..they have been carrying this team ALL year, plus mike brown will be back and ready to play

cedric benson will be part of this game i belivie as well, so if we need him we got him

the rest may hurt rex grossman though, not giving him the expirence he needs, but it may also help him get more reps in practice and what not

it'll be interesting b/c both teams are somewhat diffrent than last time they met

dragons08
01-08-2006, 10:32 PM
That was intended for the Pats vote.... oops. I voted Panthers, but I think the Bears win this one.
greatttttt you skewed the numbers

DragonBand06
01-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Well I was thinking Pats, not Panthers when I entered this thread... Just add one to Chicago and Subtract one from Carolina.

BAMF cowboy
01-08-2006, 10:41 PM
you would steal my job of making this weeks polls

Reaganrattler07
01-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Panthers are hot....but it'll be hard for them in Chi-town.....

SVite
01-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Panthers got some MO going!Grossmans 1st play off game,and I cant go with a new guy for the win in the play offs.If the windy city is really blowing,then it wont matter too much on the QB.

Panthers 16
Bears 14

dragons08
01-09-2006, 04:08 PM
you would steal my job of making this weeks polls
sorry..i waited and was like guess hes not doing it..so i took the liberty and did it

yankee
01-09-2006, 04:45 PM
well im going to be biased here and take my bears..i'll give some points why..

the bears are 7-1 at home

the rest will be good for this defense..they have been carrying this team ALL year, plus mike brown will be back and ready to play

cedric benson will be part of this game i belivie as well, so if we need him we got him

the rest may hurt rex grossman though, not giving him the expirence he needs, but it may also help him get more reps in practice and what not

it'll be interesting b/c both teams are somewhat diffrent than last time they met
i dont know how much home field advantage will have in the game. it certainly didnt help the giants(even though manning played like crap). also, carolina shut down a solid giants run game. i dont know about benson having a great game. and grossman sucks, along with the rest of the bears offense besides muhammed. the bears "d" will ultimately and unfortunately end up defeating the panthers.

Dragon20
01-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Could go either way I didn't want to vote I go with a slight advantage for Da Bears. Because of a Middle LB.

dragons08
01-09-2006, 09:20 PM
i dont know how much home field advantage will have in the game. it certainly didnt help the giants(even though manning played like crap). also, carolina shut down a solid giants run game. i dont know about benson having a great game. and grossman sucks, along with the rest of the bears offense besides muhammed. the bears "d" will ultimately and unfortunately end up defeating the panthers.
eli wasnt the problem IMO..that oline just sucked..the wr werent getting open..if anything blame the oline/panther d...the bears also have a GREAT oline and RB..thie missing piece is QB..i doubt benson does much but hes there if needed..the homefield advantage for the bears is huge..that stadium is something to get used to..also another advantage is the panthers dont know grossman's tendancies (not enough game type) so they have to prepare for a lot of diffrent things which may hurt them depending on what he does..grossman is not a sucky plaer nor a great player YET..he's a decent/good player whos slowly getting better

yankee
01-09-2006, 09:41 PM
eli wasnt the problem IMO..that oline just sucked..the wr werent getting open..if anything blame the oline/panther d...the bears also have a GREAT oline and RB..thie missing piece is QB..i doubt benson does much but hes there if needed..the homefield advantage for the bears is huge..that stadium is something to get used to..also another advantage is the panthers dont know grossman's tendancies (not enough game type) so they have to prepare for a lot of diffrent things which may hurt them depending on what he does..grossman is not a sucky plaer nor a great player YET..he's a decent/good player whos slowly getting better
grossman is getting better... but hed better learn really quick. and as for the stadium noise, teams say the same thing for every stadium on its noise level(minus the cards and jags). and the wr's were getting open except burress, and know i dont blame the oline. it was a mix of everything from the giants. special teams, coaching strategy, passing, running. etc. etc.

dragons08
01-09-2006, 09:48 PM
grossman is getting better... but hed better learn really quick. and as for the stadium noise, teams say the same thing for every stadium on its noise level(minus the cards and jags). and the wr's were getting open except burress, and know i dont blame the oline. it was a mix of everything from the giants. special teams, coaching strategy, passing, running. etc. etc.
its not that solider field is loud that gives us the advantage its the location and weather..the wind blows right in the stadium off the lake..this stadium is really built for a BEARS team..(not ideal for qb..good for defense and rushing)

Sacred Ground
01-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Both of these teams have outstanding defenses, but the Panthers have an offense that will find a way to get into the endzone, and once might be all they will need. The Bears offense is, well, umm, lets just say they need more time to improve. The Panthers play well in big games and this is the first playoff game for this Bears team and Coach. Even though this game is in Chicago, I still have to go with the Panthers.

AZTiger
01-13-2006, 10:37 PM
This is a bettin' man's dream. Everyone is lovin' on the Panthers after last week. Panthers got a lopsided win in a game where Atlanta could have cared less in week 17 and everyone got all excited, then beat a bipolar Giants team in round one.

The Bears, for all the crap they take about their offense, are a damned good football team. The Giants were WEAK on defense and very injury riddled. Da Bears are well rested, fast and tough on D, and Thomas Jones has been by FAR the most underappreciated player in the NFL this year. With Grossman back, the Bears have a legimate threat to throw (Kyle Orton you suck), with a vet in Mohammed and up-and-coming speedy WR Bernard Berrian (who if you've watched, has quite a connection with Grossman).

DeShaun Foster won't get all that YAC (yards after contact) like he did last week. If you've seen the Bears play you'd know this defense hits HARD. I really like Steve Smith, but I don't see the Bears front 7 giving the Rajin Cajun time to throw the ball.

No score prediction, but expect a Chicago cover.

SVite
01-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Just a cover!with all that said no winning pick?

AZTiger
01-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Just a cover!with all that said no winning pick?

AND THE OUTRIGHT WIN!!!

Geez, if you couldn't figure I was takin the Bears to win, you need help ;)

slorch
01-15-2006, 11:41 AM
bears will win, more texans on the team...

Sacred Ground
01-15-2006, 07:22 PM
This was an entertaining game. The Bears offense was impressive and didn't give up. I was expecting more from the Bears defense though. I didn't think either team would score as many points as they did. I'm back to even in picks 4-4.

AZTiger
01-15-2006, 09:42 PM
well crap....

dragons08
01-16-2006, 07:14 PM
man..sorry i didnt come on here and post right after the game..i was busy all weekend..man that offense surprised me..so did the defense..they were WAYY to cocky..talking trash all week, then single covering one of the best players in the game? what gives..i am VERY disappointed in this bears defense they really let me down..they need to just shut up and play next time..

i came to eat my crow..

DragonBand06
01-17-2006, 01:03 AM
I picked the Bears so the Panthers would win... I guess it worked. I'm picking Seattle next week :)

dragons08
01-17-2006, 05:30 PM
I picked the Bears so the Panthers would win... I guess it worked. I'm picking Seattle next week :)
the sign of a loser..