PDA

View Full Version : **Trinity Trojans Thread**

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

wesaxman34
07-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Let's make this one last!

Who will win our season opener - Trinity or Bingham?

Anyone else agree that Keller will arguably be one of the most important district games this season?

(If we step aside from Lineweaver's "one game at a time" philosophy for a moment)

1) Because this game will be following probably the toughest preseason schedule in the state with no bye.
2) 17-10 sound familiar?
3) This will be played @ Keller

I thought I would stir up a new topic for the Trojans to discuss. :D

Trinity Trojan Fan For Li
07-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Ssssshhhhhhhh!!!

slcdragonfan
07-16-2009, 10:07 PM
IT'S ABOUT TIME! he whispered....

07-16-2009, 10:21 PM

Problem is, we're not that gabby on the players themselves but give us another subject - like prejudice - and we'll type our fingers off to a nub.

You would get a better response if you posted a thread with a poll on who would win the game - Trinity or Bingham.

wesaxman34
07-17-2009, 01:09 AM
Problem is, we're not that gabby on the players themselves but give us another subject - like prejudice - and we'll type our fingers off to a nub.

You would get a get response if you posted a thread with a poll on who would win the game - Trinity or Bingham.

LOL I love our fanbase.

Trojan Fan
07-17-2009, 07:19 AM
I would love to know the answer to that question.....If anyone does know P.M. me...

07-17-2009, 12:11 PM

I've been researching Bingham and the game could be very exciting.

Here's some of my conclusions:
1. Trinity has the better Haka.
2. Bingham has two games scheduled before our match up which might be in their favor. BUT Trinity will be giddy just to be able to actually hit a real opponent so that might be in our favor.
3. Since Bingham will have two games under their belt, they may have injuries.
4. Bingham has never played in front of the large crowd expected, much less in a stadium like the new Jerry World.

My only question is, does anyone know about the crown on the field at Jerry's World? Is it as dramatic as it was at Texas Stadium? That could be a factor for both teams unless they adjust.

Sorry, I don't make predictions - don't want to jinx my Trojans.

TrinityTrojan80
07-17-2009, 09:21 PM
I've been researching Bingham and the game could be very exciting.

Here's some of my conclusions:
1. Trinity has the better Haka.
2. Bingham has two games scheduled before our match up which might be in their favor. BUT Trinity will be giddy just to be able to actually hit a real opponent so that might be in our favor.
3. Since Bingham will have two games under their belt, they may have injuries.
4. Bingham has never played in front of the large crowd expected, much less in a stadium like the new Jerry World.

My only question is, does anyone know about the crown on the field at Jerry's World? Is it as dramatic as it was at Texas Stadium? That could be a factor for both teams unless they adjust.

Sorry, I don't make predictions - don't want to jinx my Trojans.

My brother took the tour and he said there is barely a crown at all. It is almost flat!

Trojan Fan
07-18-2009, 09:53 PM
I hope Coach Lineweaver takes the team on that tour before the game on Labor day......It might help to get rid of the WOW factor come game day...Maybe get a practice in or two......

07-20-2009, 08:52 PM
You can etch this in stone:

The Trinity-Bingham game starts at 10:30 AM on Labor Day at the Cowboy Stadium.

wesaxman34
07-20-2009, 09:52 PM

I may actually be able to make that!!! (I'll be in Lubbock for school)

Trojan Fan
07-21-2009, 06:53 AM

Is anyone broadcasting the game? My neighbor is trying to tell me it will be on ESPN but i have heard nothing of this....

07-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Is anyone broadcasting the game? My neighbor is trying to tell me it will be on ESPN but i have heard nothing of this....

I heard the same rumor a couple of months ago but I didn't hear anything last night about the game being broadcast. I'll ask the next time I'm up at the school.

wesaxman34
07-21-2009, 10:25 AM
I heard the same rumor a couple of months ago but I didn't hear anything last night about the game being broadcast. I'll ask the next time I'm up at the school.

I know they didn't broadcast last year's Herbstreit Series which was a shame...good thing we had PrepCast! :D

ALLENFANDINGO5
07-25-2009, 09:52 AM
I just read a post on the allen thread about the night we play you guys. It was talking about the native island dance that the students will perform. I think it is cool that ET incorporates community pride and heritage into a school event. I know your school is culturally diverse as are many in Texas. I will admit that last year before the Allen game was for whatever reason you believe was a fiasco. This is a new year and I think that both communities have a new found respect for one another. I look forward to our meeting and cant wait to see the dance and the Haka. Hopefully, I get to see it when you guys represent Texas and whoop up on Bingham.

ROD LEE
07-25-2009, 09:57 AM

Any news on Hubbard? Do we know if he's officially taking the snaps for this season? (Edit: I've received an update through a PM - thanks, TrinityTrojan80)What time is this game actually set for. I've seen times as early as 10:30 and as late as Noon.

07-25-2009, 10:01 AM
What time is this game actually set for. I've seen times as early as 10:30 and as late as Noon.
The Trinity-Bingham is set to start at 10:30 AM for sure - per Coach Lineweaver.

wesaxman34
07-25-2009, 10:18 AM
I just read a post on the allen thread about the night we play you guys. It was talking about the native island dance that the students will perform. I think it is cool that ET incorporates community pride and heritage into a school event. I know your school is culturally diverse as are many in Texas. I will admit that last year before the Allen game was for whatever reason you believe was a fiasco. This is a new year and I think that both communities have a new found respect for one another. I look forward to our meeting and cant wait to see the dance and the Haka. Hopefully, I get to see it when you guys represent Texas and whoop up on Bingham.

Thanks, fandingo5. I called out BOTH fan bases on this site last year for making a big deal out of last year's Haka "incedent" - it wasn't big deal in the first place, and it took away from what the kids accomplished on the field.

I do believe you are right though, that both teams have developed a new sense of respect for one another! I must say, out of our 3 preseason games, Allen worries me the most.

Thanks for the nice post! :)

wesaxman34
08-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Anyone else agree that Keller will arguably be one of the most important district games this season?

(If we step aside from Lineweaver's "one game at a time" philosophy for a moment)

1) Because this game will be following probably the toughest preseason schedule in the state with no bye.
2) 17-10 sound familiar?
3) This will be played @ Keller

I thought I would stir up a new topic for the Trojans to discuss. :D

dragonpants
08-04-2009, 02:09 PM

Allen has great community involvement also. The Moms drink Chardonnay while the dads talk about their kids in soccer that is why they need to have that huge friggin band to make some noise.

ALLENFANDINGO5
08-05-2009, 12:43 AM
Allen has great community involvement also. The Moms drink Chardonnay while the dads talk about their kids in soccer that is why they need to have that huge friggin band to make some noise.That is exactly what happens on our side, shame on you for letting the cat out of the bag. Oh I didnt realize we even had a band until my son came home and told me he played trombone in it.

trojanbacker
08-05-2009, 07:36 AM
You guys crack me up. I'll pass on the Chardonnay and stick with Kool-Aid and pork rinds while discussing the sorry state of country music since the passing of Porter Wagner.

trojanbacker
08-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Trojan Folks: Can someone post information about the workouts for those of us who would like to watch? When, where.....

wesaxman34
08-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Trojan Folks: Can someone post information about the workouts for those of us who would like to watch? When, where.....

I concur.

Li, are you out there? :D

Boss Hawgette
08-06-2009, 08:47 PM

Do you really think us Lineweaver faithful are gonna post on a public message board when/where the team is practicing? Mostly it's after school when school starts. I don't have any information on two a days.

wesaxman34
08-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Do you really think us Lineweaver faithful are gonna post on a public message board when/where the team is practicing? Mostly it's after school when school starts. I don't have any information on two a days.

PM's?...;)

E-Vol-ution
08-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Man I hate when they go through that.....oh, uh. ..nevermind.:D
PM's?...;)

jbusch
08-13-2009, 10:39 PM
I got my ticket today -

Suggestion - get there early,8:00 -8:30 with the anticipated crowd and normal confusion for a new stadium you wouldn't want to miss out on the HAKA "Battle" and opening Kick off or first half - many of you may have learned a lesson at the 2006 SLC game

farmerfan
08-14-2009, 07:33 AM
nm

farmerfan
08-14-2009, 07:36 AM
Wrong link. I have copied and pasted the article from the DMN that applies to this year

Euless Trinity: Veteran coach creates enthusiasm
Only three starters are back this season, so there were many new faces at Monday's first practice. That may have contributed to veteran coach Steve Lineweaver being the most energetic of the group.

The 62-year-old bounced around the practice fields in his traditional straw hat, barking orders and keeping everyone on their toes. Working with the fullbacks, he yelled, "Give me a nod and let me know you're paying attention. Are you listening? Well, don't look off."

In the backdrop, two workers were erecting large, black signs with white lettering that read, "Do Your Job!" and "Enthusiasm."

The latter, Lineweaver said, was the word of the day.

Late in practice, the offense turned in a nice play, but players on the sideline had little reaction. Lineweaver ordered a round of push-ups, telling the players "No enthusiasm. That's not what we wanted today."

The next play resulted in limited success, but players reacted enthusiastically nonetheless.

"See," Lineweaver said, "that's not hard. It's fun."

Brandon George

wesaxman34
08-14-2009, 01:31 PM
I got my ticket today -

Suggestion - get there early,8:00 -8:30 with the anticipated crowd and normal confusion for a new stadium you wouldn't want to miss out on the HAKA "Battle" and opening Kick off or first half - many of you may have learned a lesson at the 2006 SLC game

Yeah, I'm planning on leaving extremely EARLY from my house in Bedford. I will be making a trip home from Lubbock that weekend and it would be a shame to miss anything.

wesaxman34
08-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Wrong link. I have copied and pasted the article from the DMN that applies to this year

I know this preseason schedule will get them fired up because Lineweaver shouldn't be doing it for them beyond that first practice!

allendad
08-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Hey T R O J A N S ! ! ! ! !

W A K E U P !! ! !

I think y'all must have fallen asleep
cuz ya sure ain't been on here.

"Fan for life" or anybody else . . .

I want to drive out to Euless on Thursday
to procure 10 tickets for the Monday
Morning HAKA Show.

Where do I go to buy them?
I want y'all to get the money $ $ $ in YOUR
pockets.

I've only driven past ET. I would have the
foggiest idea where to go to buy the tics.

H E L P ! ! ! !

W A K E U P ya pineapple heads!(meant with love)

jbusch
08-24-2009, 09:44 PM

W A K E U P !! ! !

Morning HAKA Show.

pockets.

H E L P ! ! ! !

Pennington field - south west corner at the intersection of Highway 183 and Central Drive in bedford- in the southeast corner of the stadium resides the ticket office. go there between 8 AM -noon and 1-4 PM. Call 817-399-2300 ( ticket office) if you need help

wesaxman34
08-24-2009, 09:47 PM

W A K E U P !! ! !

Morning HAKA Show.

pockets.

H E L P ! ! ! !

I feel like I'm out of the circle because I have no clue what's up with that! :confused::o

08-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Allendad, we've been on the board but just lookin not postin. We didn't know what we had until the scrimmage last Friday night.

Pennington Field would be the easiest place to buy tickets. The stadium office is on the visitors' side on the east end. You can see the bleachers in the east endzone that Pennington Field put up for y'all.

We appreciate the money in our pockets, we truly do and we thank all of you.

xnfl
08-25-2009, 09:27 AM
i heard the same rumor a couple of months ago but i didn't hear anything last night about the game being broadcast. I'll ask the next time i'm up at the school.

fsnsw is what i heard beat good luck trinity we play 2nd game should be a great crowd with byu in town they will all want to see the jerry world and watch bingham

Prep Ticket
08-25-2009, 11:41 AM
That's confirmed - go to the game, but set the DVR to FSNSW for the day.

allendad
08-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanx y'all for the info.

I'm headin' over on Thursday to pickup the tickets.

GO TROJANS ! ! ! ! !

Trojan Fan
08-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanx y'all for the info.

I'm headin' over on Thursday to pickup the tickets.

GO TROJANS ! ! ! ! !

Go Texas......

allendad
08-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Some Bingham peeps just showed up
to tour D/FW before the big game!

http://iscoal.org/images/trio_of_coal_miners_aa8w.jpg

Welcome to TEXAS boys !

allendad
08-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Well . . .

I guess there are some wonderful things
about the miners after all.

http://www.adrants.com/images/ge_mine_hottie_3.jpg

Welcome sister. Can you pass the roasted pork and pineapple? ! ! !

allendad
08-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Okay,
So I'm spending more time on The ET thread
than my own Allen thread. Whatever!

I went by Pennington this morning and picked up
the tickets for the Labor Day Extravaganza. What
a nicew lady there at the stadium office, a Ms.
Sandoval, or something like that. It was a pleasant
experience and I know right where to go for the
Sept. 18th Coconut Smash!

See y'all at Jerry's Place a week from Monday!!!!

08-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Okay,
So I'm spending more time on The ET thread
than my own Allen thread. Whatever!

I went by Pennington this morning and picked up
the tickets for the Labor Day Extravaganza. What
a nicew lady there at the stadium office, a Ms.
Sandoval, or something like that. It was a pleasant
experience and I know right where to go for the
Sept. 18th Coconut Smash!

See y'all at Jerry's Place a week from Monday!!!!
You're welcome to hang out here as much as you like. You're in good company even if it is kinda quiet for us right now. Trinity doesn't have a game until 9/7 - Labor Day at the Coconut Smash.
If the nice lady you're referring to is blond headed, I know who you're talking about. She works in the stadium office year round and she is super nice. This year when I picked up my season tickets, she remembered that that Bill Bookout saved the #1 Trinity parking permit for me. The only problem was she couldn't remember if I was a Bell or Trinity fan so she set aside both #1 parking permits for Trinity and Bell so I could have my #1 permit.
SUPER NICE!!!!!

hollywood
08-27-2009, 07:32 PM
I will also be attending on the 7th to see the Trintiy game. Not sure how long I will stay after that but I didn't want to miss this opportunity. Should be great!

Trojan Fan
08-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Come one, come all bring your freinds...the record is at stake, we can be part of something great....hope to see over 50,000 people at the game come Labor day....We might need to call guiness book of records.....

trojanbacker
09-03-2009, 07:36 AM
I would be very surprised if the early game (Trinity) has more than 25,000.

Trojan Fan
09-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Anyone know how Trinity JV did on the 27th?

E-Vol-ution
09-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Cancelled from the storm......but your freshmen were beating our freshmen 14-0 before it was cancelled at the half.
Anyone know how Trinity JV did on the 27th?

trojanbacker
09-03-2009, 02:40 PM
How about the JV game last night against Waxahachie?

Trojan Fan
09-04-2009, 07:48 AM
Went to meet the Trojans last night. Went to the field afterward and saw Bedford jh vs Harwood jh play. Kids coming up are huge...Saw several lineman bigger than any Varsity lineman on the team now..The hitting going on was amazing, i dont remember getting hit that hard when i played back in junior high..The future looks bright for HEB ISD.

wesaxman34
09-05-2009, 12:11 AM
Can someone inform me on what the RB rotation will be like this season? Will it be a reflection of last year's?

Bill4par
09-06-2009, 12:23 PM
I was out at Jerrydome for the OU - BYU game last night. What a palace. You guys will have a blast and be amazed at this place. Wishing you guys a great game. Bring it home with no injuries and see you at Pennington on Sept 18th.:notworthy

TrinityTrojan80
09-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Can someone inform me on what the RB rotation will be like this season? Will it be a reflection of last year's?

Tevin, Daimien Hart, Shaqulle Edwards should be the main 3 guys. Tevin did not play in the Carter scrimmage I don't believe but we know his game. Edwards is a blazer, runs through everyone like he is in fast motion. Daimien Hart has put on some mucle and is a powerful fullback. Behind those guys are some really good players as well. We will be very deep at RB this year.

TrinityTrojan80
09-07-2009, 03:15 AM
Tevin, Daimien Hart, Shaqulle Edwards should be the main 3 guys. Tevin did not play in the Carter scrimmage I don't believe but we know his game. Edwards is a blazer, runs through everyone like he is in fast motion. Daimien Hart has put on some mucle and is a powerful fullback. Behind those guys are some really good players as well. We will be very deep at RB this year.

On the Herbstreet website there is a Trinity roster posted.

wesaxman34
09-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks, man. I knew we were going to be deep in the backfield this year....it will be awesome to see them in action.

wesaxman34
09-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Trinity 42, Bingham 21

Thoughts?

Dragon29MJS
09-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Gonna sneak over here and post.:D I was impressed with Trinity as a whole. Tevin Williams with over 200 yards.. a Trinity staple right there. I have no doubt that you guys will be very difficult to beat this year. Also, way to christen in Jerryworld, fitting of a Texas powerhouse!

yankee
09-07-2009, 02:05 PM
way to represent texas well trinity.
i was rooting for you guys.
congrats on the W.

letsgowoods
09-07-2009, 02:22 PM
That was a great win:) good luck on the rest of your season!

SLC
09-07-2009, 03:42 PM
I would be very surprised if the early game (Trinity) has more than 25,000.

I think that may have been about correct, possilbly a few less.

Congrats on the big win Trinity.:)

E-Vol-ution
09-07-2009, 04:29 PM
lol....you should have mentioned Hubbard and Brown too.
Beautiful lead blocking going left or right. Only one game but I give Trinity the vote for #1 through week 1.

wesaxman34
09-07-2009, 04:51 PM
I think that may have been about correct, possilbly a few less.

Congrats on the big win Trinity.:)

Thanks, bro!

Only one game but I give Trinity the vote for #1 through week 1.

We will probably be considered for that #1 spot if we beat Allen and Cedar Hill in the next couple of weeks. There are still a lot of questions for Trinity and our weaknesses will continue to be exposed in those 2 games for sure.

Trojan Fan
09-07-2009, 08:02 PM
lol....you should have mentioned Hubbard and Brown too.
Beautiful lead blocking going left or right. Only one game but I give Trinity the vote for #1 through week 1.

Way to soon for that.....lets see how we fair against some Texas teams.
A great job by the team, coaches and fans...
I did hear some boo's as Bingham ran on the field. We could have done with out that.
I will take Pennington over Cowboys Stadium any day of the week...Nice stadium but its to much for me....I will miss Texas stadium....( but how about the seats with the cushions, real nice)
Glad to be home next week.Lets see if we can make it two in a row....

09-08-2009, 10:41 AM
I did hear some boo's as Bingham ran on the field. We could have done with out that.

Our group was right on the 50 yard line - 2nd level, and we all clapped when Bingham came out and then at the end of the game when they were going in the tunnel. Nothing but respect in our section.

slcdragonfan
09-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks, bro!

We will probably be considered for that #1 spot if we beat Allen and Cedar Hill in the next couple of weeks. There are still a lot of questions for Trinity and our weaknesses will continue to be exposed in those 2 games for sure.

Beat 'em both, even close, and both my hands will be raised. Beat CHILL only and you got one hand. Beat Allen only and maybe the other hand.

ALLENFANDINGO5
09-08-2009, 11:49 PM
With the way y'all ran the ball Monday, we in Allen are looking to hire someone to kidnap all of the line, Damien, and Tevin. There wont be a ransom, but will return them all after the game:notworthy. The new QB did a great job in his first start. Way to represent Texas.

Trojan Fan
09-09-2009, 06:58 AM
With the way y'all ran the ball Monday, we in Allen are looking to hire someone to kidnap all of the line, Damien, and Tevin. There wont be a ransom, but will return them all after the game:notworthy. The new QB did a great job in his first start. Way to represent Texas.

Dont even start. you guys can run the ball just as good as us...
We got two weeks of tough football ahead of us. With that big band of yours im a little worried that the Visitors side at pennington will be so full of the band there will be less tickets for the fans..
Your band has to be 450 strong. not sure what the visitors side holds but im guessing 1500.

trojanbacker
09-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Pennnington added some bleachers in the west end zone. Maybe they'll put the band there. Can't really think about Allen quite yet. There is the matter playing #1 ranked Cedar Hill this Saturday. Just hoping we can stay in the game with them.

E-Vol-ution
09-09-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm confident you guys win this game. Might hurt a little...........:)
Pennnington added some bleachers in the west end zone. Maybe they'll put the band there. Can't really think about Allen quite yet. There is the matter playing #1 ranked Cedar Hill this Saturday. Just hoping we can stay in the game with them.

the_phoenix612
09-09-2009, 10:03 AM
This is a poll on what game should be featured next week, the Hebron ppl have been spamming it recently.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

http://foxhilitesdfw.ning.com/contests

SLC
09-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Come on Trinity nation lets get all your family and friends to vote on which game Fox should dedicate the most coverage to. get everyone you know and have them go to this link and vote.

You can vote as many times as you want, just erase the cookies on your computer after each vote!

Sorry Phoenix, I didn't see your post when I put mine up.

wesaxman34
09-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Come on Trinity nation lets get all your family and friends to vote on which game Fox should dedicate the most coverage to. get everyone you know and have them go to this link and vote.

You can vote as many times as you want, just erase the cookies on your computer after each vote!

Sorry Phoenix, I didn't see your post when I put mine up.

Thanks, Phoenix and SLC! We seem to be getting our butts kicked to the Plano/Hebron game...

Go vote!!

SLC
09-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks, Phoenix and SLC! We seem to be getting our butts kicked to the Plano/Hebron game...

Go vote!!

I've voted like 20 times for Trinity/Chill and I will continue to. I'm usually up very late so I will just keep voting.

Tell everyone you know!

trojanbacker
09-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Just like in Chicago politics: vote early and often.

TrinityTrojan80
09-10-2009, 08:06 PM
I was reviewing the game on the DVR from Monday and I noticed that on several of the long runs we had 2 or 3 O-line downfield blocking for Tevin. Eateaki was ahead of Tevin. I hope this bodes well for this year, seems a little like 2005.

wesaxman34
09-10-2009, 10:32 PM
I was reviewing the game on the DVR from Monday and I noticed that on several of the long runs we had 2 or 3 O-line downfield blocking for Tevin. Eateaki was ahead of Tevin. I hope this bodes well for this year, seems a little like 2005.

And before 2005 with that name! :D

TrinityTrojan80
09-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Tevin Williams gets his 1st college offer from Utah!
Way to go Tevin!

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/euless-trinity/

trojanbacker
09-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Bet it's not his last......

DragonFan0316
09-11-2009, 02:40 PM
My Trojan Bretheren, how do ticket sales look for Saturday? Anyone know when the window opens tomorrow night? My wife and I will be wearing black and will try to sit on the home team side. Thanks.:)

trojanbacker
09-11-2009, 03:01 PM
My Trojan Bretheren, how do ticket sales look for Saturday? Anyone know when the window opens tomorrow night? My wife and I will be wearing black and will try to sit on the home team side. Thanks.:)

DrangonFan:

Ticket office will open at 6 p.m. $9 for reserved, $8 for general admission. Glad to have you. It will be a good time, that is a promise. Expecting a big crowd so you may want to come early.

DragonFan0316
09-11-2009, 03:06 PM
DrangonFan:

Ticket office will open at 6 p.m. $9 for reserved, $8 for general admission. Glad to have you. It will be a good time, that is a promise. Expecting a big crowd so you may want to come early.

We will be there. Thanks.

trojanbacker
09-11-2009, 03:10 PM
There is decent Mexican food right across the street at Lupes, plus they have more than decent margaritas. Enjoy the game and thanks for your support. We'll need it.

chhspantherfan
09-11-2009, 03:11 PM
There is decent Mexican food right across the street at Lupes, plus they have more than decent margaritas. Enjoy the game and thanks for your support. We'll need it.

great little place.

Trojan Fan
09-12-2009, 06:54 AM
great little place.

I 2nd that...

ScottS
09-30-2009, 06:24 AM
Robert Griffin headed to Baylor (former Trinity DL)...
http://baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176457

E-Vol-ution
10-02-2009, 07:38 AM
My prayers and condolences to all players, family members and friends affected by tragedy in their motherland.

allendad
10-02-2009, 11:12 PM
With all of the horrible things that have happened
on the "other side" of this rock . . . .

I congratulate the Trojan Nation on a needed
victory.

I congratulate you on your execution and ability to
focus when so much is in turmoil around you.

Again, CONGRATS !

Fight on, spirit of TROY!

wesaxman34
10-02-2009, 11:22 PM
With all of the horrible things that have happened
on the "other side" of this rock . . . .

I congratulate the Trojan Nation on a needed
victory.

I congratulate you on your execution and ability to
focus when so much is in turmoil around you.

Again, CONGRATS !

Fight on, spirit of TROY!

Thanks, allendad. You should get the MVP (poster) award for this thread. ;)

allendad
10-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Thanks, allendad. You should get the MVP (poster) award for this thread. ;)

Believe me when I say . . . .

That the LOVE for y'all is felt by many, many hearts!

:(

Keep the faith, all will be well.

wesaxman34
10-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Believe me when I say . . . .

That the LOVE for y'all is felt by many, many hearts!

:(

Keep the faith, all will be well.

And we always appreciate it! I cheer for Allen except for when they play Trinity. :D

I'm still very optimistic about our season - that's what playoffs are for!

trojanbacker
10-06-2009, 12:01 PM
There's some fundraising going on all week at school and in the community. There are kids on the team who's relatives back in Tonga lost everything. I hope they pass the plate, so to speak, at the game Friday night. Going to be a huge crowd.....could make a real difference in some lives.

da wiz
10-06-2009, 12:44 PM
There's some fundraising going on all week at school and in the community. There are kids on the team who's relatives back in Tonga lost everything. I hope they pass the plate, so to speak, at the game Friday night. Going to be a huge crowd.....could make a real difference in some lives.

i would like to donate... any info???

slcdragonfan
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
i would like to donate... any info???

any other way to donate without being at the game?

powerofthehaka
10-06-2009, 05:49 PM
any other way to donate without being at the game?

From an email I got:

Relief for Tonga !!

Trinity will be asking for donation for the displaced families on the island Kingdom of Tonga . Several things were suggested on how to donate. I didnít catch all of this but the check should be written out to the American Red Cross and in the memo line Tongan relief.

TrinityTrojan80
10-06-2009, 06:24 PM
From an email I got:

Relief for Tonga !!

Trinity will be asking for donation for the displaced families on the island Kingdom of Tonga . Several things were suggested on how to donate. I didnít catch all of this but the check should be written out to the American Red Cross and in the memo line Tongan relief.

I believe they will take the donation at Pennington or at the school when you buy your tickets for this weeks game.

TrinityTrojan80
10-24-2009, 11:14 PM
I know that this years team is getting on track and may have a deep playoff run and I don't want to detract from their accomplishments but I want to bring up some talk about 2010.

As the season has gone on we have had to replace a starter or two for a couple of reasons and our starting lineup seems to be a little younger than when we started the season.

As in every class we lose some great players and we will miss some of these guys as well. Next season is lining up to be a team packed with returning starters. I am not totally sure of who are "the starters" but I have made some notes on several games and by my count we will return 11 or 12 if you include the kicker.

I understand that our JV's are very good and we will most certainly be blest by a strong group moving up.

Did anyone else notice Brian Nance LB in the 4th quarter. For one, he looks like a giant playing LB and second, he was in on most of the tackles. Third, he's a sophmore. I know that it might have been just a great night for him and he may not be as consistant as he seemed but how is he not starting?

Anyway we should be setting pretty for next year.

trojanbacker
10-30-2009, 10:19 AM
I know that this years team is getting on track and may have a deep playoff run and I don't want to detract from their accomplishments but I want to bring up some talk about 2010.

As the season has gone on we have had to replace a starter or two for a couple of reasons and our starting lineup seems to be a little younger than when we started the season.

As in every class we lose some great players and we will miss some of these guys as well. Next season is lining up to be a team packed with returning starters. I am not totally sure of who are "the starters" but I have made some notes on several games and by my count we will return 11 or 12 if you include the kicker.

I understand that our JV's are very good and we will most certainly be blest by a strong group moving up.

Did anyone else notice Brian Nance LB in the 4th quarter. For one, he looks like a giant playing LB and second, he was in on most of the tackles. Third, he's a sophmore. I know that it might have been just a great night for him and he may not be as consistant as he seemed but how is he not starting?

Yep, not to take anything away from this year's team, but next year is setting up to be something special. And, I've had the opportunity to see some JV games and there are some athletes coming up who are as good as any who've played for Trinity. Yep, notice Nance out there. Looks bigger than his brother.

E-Vol-ution
10-30-2009, 10:55 AM
I was giving glowing reviews of this year's sophomore class last year and bet most came from Euless Jr. High. Not surprised some are on varsityand performing well for JV.
lol....saw that one a mile away.:notworthy

allendad
10-31-2009, 12:25 PM
Congrats on a dominating win last night.

Y'all just might SNEAK into the playoffs
for ONE game if you're not careful ! ! ! !

;)

Drag Goon
10-31-2009, 02:42 PM
Good class shown by Lineweaver (as usual) in shutting down the dogs after the first half against Northwest. Per the boxscore, it shows Trinity had 8 players with carries. All their points were scored in the first half.

Peach at Arlington Lamar should take some notes. :(

hollywood
10-31-2009, 04:53 PM
Good class shown by Lineweaver (as usual) in shutting down the dogs after the first half against Northwest. Per the boxscore, it shows Trinity had 8 players with carries. All their points were scored in the first half.

:notworthy

trojanbacker
11-02-2009, 04:51 PM

It was about as dominating a half of football as I've seen in a while. I know, the competition wasn't the best, but the team was hitting on all cylinders. Had a little bit of everything. Hubbard is looking so comfortable back there. Score could have been whatever they wanted, but thankfully Lineweaver emptied the bench and ran up the middle most of the second half.

da hawaiian
11-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Everybody say a prayer for Fred Katoa, he's attached to the team as a possible replacement for Coach T as Dline coach. He lost his mother Monday night due to natural causes, services will be held next week and I haven't seen him at practice this week.

This is his 2nd stint with Trinity. His last ended in '99.

He graduated from Trinity in '86 never playing football for the Trojans, but still played DI ball as a NT.

chhspantherfan
11-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Everybody say a prayer for Fred Katoa, he's attached to the team as a possible replacement for Coach T as Dline coach. He lost his mother Monday night due to natural causes, services will be held next week and I haven't seen him at practice this week.

He graduated from Trinity in '86 never playing football for the Trojans, but still played DI ball as a NT.

Panther prayers going out for Coach Katoa. God bless his family and comfort them in this time of loss.

da hawaiian
11-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Panther prayers going out for Coach Katoa. God bless his family and comfort them in this time of loss.

Thankyou

Fred and I are distant cousins

So Thankyou again

DragonBand06
11-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Drive-by propz.

hollywood
11-06-2009, 03:48 PM

You got it.

Trinity Alum
11-07-2009, 03:02 PM

Coach and his family are in my prayers!

Proud2BATrojan
11-10-2009, 08:55 PM
To my fellow ET alum/fans, what's the latest on our injuries? I was at the Trinity/Bell game and saw a number of players sidelined with injuries. Anyone know details? Williams and Hart specifically.

wesaxman34
11-10-2009, 10:41 PM
To my fellow ET alum/fans, what's the latest on our injuries? I was at the Trinity/Bell game and saw a number of players sidelined with injuries. Anyone know details? Williams and Hart specifically.

I'm not aware of the details, but just FYI, we are not allowed to post anything on this site regarding injuries. Private messages are the way to go.

da wiz
11-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Thankyou

Fred and I are distant cousins

So Thankyou again

sorry 2 hear about his mother, fred is good people,

TrojanHorse03
11-21-2009, 09:47 AM
FYI Trojan fans Bingham won state last night 35-24 over Kaysville Davis.

da wiz
11-29-2009, 09:52 PM
not surprised, they are a very good team.......

Trinity75
11-30-2009, 09:41 PM
I hope Trinity has a Good game this Friday night.

TrinityTrojan80
12-05-2009, 06:06 AM
Good win Trojans!!

TrojanHorse03
12-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Stony Point vs. Cypress Woods http://www.athletesconnection.com/content/view/5396/10019/ .

Trojanman96
12-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Hello?

TheScout
12-11-2009, 01:45 AM
Hello?

echo echo echo echo echo echo echo

wesaxman34
12-12-2009, 05:46 PM
echo echo echo echo echo echo echo

Yeah, there are always other threads for just about every topic...

12-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Euless Trinity Trojans

2009 5A Division I State Champions

...nuff said!

jrock210
12-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Congrats Trojans!
I was going for Westlake but yall have a great program!
As a Rocket fan I'm proud of the success yall have had recently. Continue to do great things.

wesaxman34
12-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Congrats Trojans!
I was going for Westlake but yall have a great program!
As a Rocket fan I'm proud of the success yall have had recently. Continue to do great things.

Thanks, man!

dragonbuck
12-20-2009, 12:05 AM
congrats to my 2nd favorite team, and my favorite coach. way to represent Tarrant county, DFW, and Region 1. Great comeback today, and a no quit season. Hats off to our good friends and neighbors:notworthy:notworthy

SLC
12-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Congrats to the Trojans. Way to get it done. Class fans, class players, class coaches. :notworthy:notworthy

I love you guys, you all are my favorite sandbaggers in the world.;):)

Trinity Alum
12-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Congrats to the Trojans. Way to get it done. Class fans, class players, class coaches. :notworthy:notworthy

I love you guys, you all are my favorite sandbaggers in the world.;):)

Thanks! Glad we didn't let you down! :D

CCCSportsFan
12-21-2009, 08:41 AM
congrats to my 2nd favorite team, and my favorite coach. way to represent Tarrant county, DFW, and Region 1. Great comeback today, and a no quit season. Hats off to our good friends and neighbors:notworthy:notworthy

+1... Congratulations Trinity Trojans!!! This one must feel very sweet for you guys :) :notworthy

MALAMEDICINA
12-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Thank You Everybody!

Without exeption, no doubt.

I want to see the Championship yyears on all the Euless water towers!!!

Trinity Alum
12-21-2009, 01:00 PM
+1... Congratulations Trinity Trojans!!! This one must feel very sweet for you guys :) :notworthy

We don't take any of championships for granted. They all are special in their own way.

da wiz
12-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Thank You Everybody!

Without exeption, no doubt.

I want to see the Championship yyears on all the Euless water towers!!!

i dont know why the city doesnt do that.........

12-26-2009, 06:43 PM
REMINDER:

TRINITY CHAMPIONSHIP Spirit Wear Sale, Tuesday, December 29th in the THS cafeteria from 6:00-8:00pm. There will be several styles of Championship t-shirts available as well as hoodies, hats, etc. Check back here for the more details on styles.

STATE CHAMPIONS COMMUNITY CELEBRATION Wednesday, January 6, 6:30 PM in the THS Gym, students, parents, fans, and community members are welcome to join us as we celebrate and honor the 2009 Trinity Football team, the 5A Division 1 State Champions.

(Quoted from http://www.trinitytrojanfootball.com/)

MALAMEDICINA
12-30-2009, 11:36 AM
How did yall like the designs for this year on the apparel?

In my opinion this is my least favorite year for the designs on the championship clothing, maybe its just me but I think they kinda over did the bleach stain design and the little flames and stars, I am getting the hat for sure though, and for my girlfriend that zip hoody is pretty cool for women!!!

I liked the first year designs, nice and simple ones.:)

powerofthehaka
12-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Anyone seen the new electronic bilboards on 183? One at Texas Stadium and one by DFW. They are rotating about 10 messages and one is for the Trojans.
:notworthy:notworthy

MALAMEDICINA
12-30-2009, 03:52 PM
If I stare at those to try to read everything, I feel like I might be a menace and a danger to my fellow trafficmen. lol

I always try to catch the temperature reading on Dr. Witt's sign on Hwy 10, I cant ever get it when Im driving, but if Im the passenger, its the first one to cycle through. Makes me mad:mad:

Boss Hawgette
12-30-2009, 05:48 PM
How did yall like the designs for this year on the apparel?

In my opinion this is my least favorite year for the designs on the championship clothing, maybe its just me but I think they kinda over did the bleach stain design and the little flames and stars, I am getting the hat for sure though, and for my girlfriend that zip hoody is pretty cool for women!!!

I liked the first year designs, nice and simple ones.:)

You can take that up with Covey Promotions. The booster club has been using them for years. The designs this year seem very "trendy" which may not fare well with our more "established" fan base. The bleach stain look you refer is actually called paint splatter and is all the rage in graphic design at the moment. As far as the booster club is concerned, Charlotte Halleck has done an AMAZING job with the spirit shop this season and she'll be back next season too. How she finds time to work, take care of her family, AND volunteer I have no idea. But if you see her at our next sale be sure and thank her and give her a high five.

MALAMEDICINA
12-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah, trendy is a good way to describe this years designs. And maybe Im simple when it comes to clothing, but I think plain and simple with the right info printed on there makes me more than happy. I dont know who runs it and who makes them, but great job of multitasking to everyone involved. And I dont think my opinion matters to the people encharged.

Im gonna start a petition, and have everyone I know sign it just for the heck of it. (its quite a few souls), than turn it in to them, and start a revolution to take place the next time we win it all. Who am I kidding, great job and I know they will sell out in a short period of time

Trojan Fan
12-31-2009, 05:10 AM
You can take that up with Covey Promotions. The booster club has been using them for years. The designs this year seem very "trendy" which may not fare well with our more "established" fan base. The bleach stain look you refer is actually called paint splatter and is all the rage in graphic design at the moment. As far as the booster club is concerned, Charlotte Halleck has done an AMAZING job with the spirit shop this season and she'll be back next season too. How she finds time to work, take care of her family, AND volunteer I have no idea. But if you see her at our next sale be sure and thank her and give her a high five.

She is amazing....Along with all the other booster club parents that help this team out...Great group of volunteers...

trojanbacker
12-31-2009, 08:45 AM
I think all the apparel looks great. Bought a few tshirts the other night and a cap. Anyone know how the sale went? I hope they sold out.

01-03-2010, 04:36 PM
REMINDER:

TRINITY CHAMPIONSHIP SPIRIT WEAR If you came to the cafeteria to purchase merchandise, thank you for your support. If you missed the sale, your next opportunity will be Wednesday, January 6 during the student lunch periods at the campus Spirit Shop behind the library and at the Celebration that same night in the gym (see below). Click here for styles.

STATE CHAMPIONS COMMUNITY CELEBRATION Wednesday, January 6, 6:30 PM in the THS Gym, students, parents, fans, and community members are welcome to join us as we celebrate and honor the 2009 Trinity Football team, the 5A Division 1 State Champions.

01-05-2010, 01:42 PM
ORDER YOUR STATE CHAMPIONSHIP LETTERMAN'S JACKET PATCH The chenille (I have no idea what chenille means, but Julie told me to put it on the site) patch is an outline of the state of Texas with a football embroidered above the words 2009 5A Div 1 State Champions. Each patch is $16.00. The order form and payment must be received no later than Friday, January 29, 2010.

I have a question - can anyone order a patch or is the patch for football players only?

01-06-2010, 11:04 PM
OK, who dropped the trophy?

http://i49.tinypic.com/14j00eg.jpg

wesaxman34
01-06-2010, 11:12 PM
OK, who dropped the trophy?

http://i49.tinypic.com/14j00eg.jpg

Is that for real? :eek:

01-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Is that for real? :eek:

Yes, funny isn't it.

MALAMEDICINA
01-19-2010, 08:34 AM
That trophy needs much needed therapy from Doc Hughes. :)

02-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Bump...got tired of seeing other names up there.

da hawaiian
02-06-2010, 09:46 PM
LOL Fan for life. Can't wait for the new season to start. Any chance anybody know somewhere good to eat in Tyler? How long a drive is that? In friday rush hour traffic that's going to suck.

TTVCMOM
02-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Luckily for me, my best friend from high school lives in Tyler. I have a place to stay and, I'm sure she can direct me to some good food places.
I would say 3 to 3 1/2 hours to get there depending on traffic. Maybe less, I haven't been out there in a long time.

da wiz
02-18-2010, 11:57 PM
tyler is only 100 miles away, shouldnt take more than a couple of hours to get there, at the most 2 1/2,

TTVCMOM
02-19-2010, 04:27 PM
2 1/2 hours does sound more likely. Thanks.:)

02-20-2010, 02:03 PM
The last time Trinity played in Tyler, we discovered Sweet Sue's Restaurant on Southwest Loop 323. It's a buffet with GOOD food and good priced. Sweet Sue's is not far from the stadium and easy to get to. So, we're going back to Sweet Sue's.
We'll probably leave Euless about 2pm, drive safely, and then hit Sweet Sue's hungry.

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Tyler-TX/Sweet-Sues-Family-Restaurant-L0096221846.htm?SRC=portals&C=Restaurants&lbp=1&score=89&TR=77&bidType=FLCLIK&PGID=yp410.8081.1266695561333.22167658332

yankee
02-20-2010, 03:15 PM
ET's stud TE Chris Barnett committed to OU today. thank you very much. :)

Trinity Alum
02-20-2010, 03:21 PM

Article?

yankee
02-20-2010, 03:21 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-89918

02-21-2010, 01:22 AM

Go Texas!!!

OU still sucks!!!

MLB3725
02-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Ok so... to spark a topic...

We've seen the list of the top Trojan football players from the 2000's...

How about we have a friendly debate on the ranking of the 10 Trojan football teams from this past decade?

I personally dont think looking at JUST the hardware (state championships) or how far each team made it, or overall record is the best indication. I want to gauge opinions of Trinity fans on how each Trinity team ranks compared to the next. (Only years 2000-2009)

My list

1. 2005 State champions
2. 2008 lost to Allen in the playoffs (2nd round)
3. 2007 State champions
4. 2001 lost to Lufkin in the playoffs (4th round)
5. 2009 State champions
6. 2006 lost to Southlake in playoffs (2nd round)
7. 2003 lost to Lamar in the playoffs (1st round)
8. 2004 lost to Tyler Lee in the playoffs (4th round)
9. 2002 lost to Lamar in the playoffs (1st round)
10. 2000 lost to Lamar in the playoffs (1st round)

Its unfortunate that someone has to be "last" on this list...

I THINK these years/opponents/rounds are correct... not 100% sure though... maybe I should stop being lazy and check the team history thread...

03-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Come on, Coach Lineweaver, release the 2010 schedule!!!

I need to make plans.

trojanbacker
03-03-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm not sure how my entire list would look, but I would put the 2006 team at the top.

Does anyone know what the spring training schedule looks like? I'm hoping to get out there a time or two.

Prep Ticket
03-03-2010, 09:13 AM
I would put the 2006 defense at the top of the list. The 2005 offense was the best offense of the decade.

Here's the top 5 by team

1) 2005 (14-1)
2) 2006 (11-1)
3) 2009 (13-2)
4) 2008 (12-1)
5) 2007 (14-1)

Combined record (64-6)

These can easily be flip-flopped. There's not a lot of difference in any of them. You could make an argument that THS has been the most dominant program in the state over the last 5 years.

With a combined record of 64-6 and three state titles, that's about as good as it gets.

trojanbacker
03-03-2010, 03:16 PM
I would put the 2006 defense at the top of the list. The 2005 offense was the best offense of the decade.

Here's the top 5 by team

1) 2005 (14-1)
2) 2006 (11-1)
3) 2009 (13-2)
4) 2008 (12-1)
5) 2007 (14-1)

Combined record (64-6)

These can easily be flip-flopped. There's not a lot of difference in any of them. You could make an argument that THS has been the most dominant program in the state over the last 5 years.

With a combined record of 64-6 and three state titles, that's about as good as it gets.

I agree with you on the 2005 off and 2006 def. Great info up there. Thanks much for the always great job you guys do.

da hawaiian
03-03-2010, 05:04 PM
You could make an argument that THS has been the most dominant program in the state over the last 5 years.

I was gonna post a thread about this subject but opted not too. Too much pre-season selflove is never a good thing. But I'm glad you brought it up

I would also agree with your prioritzing of years except I would put 2007 ahead of 2008, and maybe 2009 - that defense was just Awsome

Prep Ticket
03-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the kind words fellas, don't worry. We'll be doing a writeup on that very subject this summer as part of a pre-season preview. I'm pretty sure the Katy boys will be doing the same in their Gridiron Guide.

Don't worry, Trinity will be getting the props they deserve:notworthy Glad you held off on posting that Hawaiian, we wouldn't want to let the "sandbagging" reputation allowed to become tarnished:D

da hawaiian
03-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Lol - what would we Trojan fantatics do without you :notworthy But under the radar - one can only wish.

If I were to unit rank without looking at stats I would rank as such:

Defense:

Offense:

Offensively depending on Skill position chemistry, this could be a very special year offensively - it all depends. But after the coaching job displayed this last year I won't put anything past this talented staff.

Defensively lots of question marks - just talked to Kautai and he says he's staying on offense (little Ceasars waiting for a sausage and 2 pepperoni's couldn't help but bug him - his facial expression was saying "Who the hell is this guy?" Also where do you put Manu Kaufusi? Easily the best and biggest of the JV kids last year. He's a move in from California I overheard at church and this completes his first year with the program - anyways I really like his size - easily a 6'2 290lber with nice dance moves to boot.

Anyways can't wait for Springball so we can attempt to unravel all of this with further incorrect positional mock lineups :o

03-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Everyone is putting the 2005 team as #1 so just think how focused SGP was to beat us in 2005, and to add insult to injury - in our own house.

da hawaiian
03-03-2010, 09:59 PM
I didnt see that game, or that season, but the numbers don't lie and the statechampionship victory that was televised was very impressive.

da hawaiian
03-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Everyone is putting the 2005 team as #1 so just think how focused SGP was to beat us in 2005, and to add insult to injury - in our own house.

That defense gave up huge chunks of points.

03-04-2010, 12:09 AM

I call that the "bend don't break" defense. Trinity seems to have that kind of defense every year or aka the heart attack defense.

Soonertransplant
03-04-2010, 12:51 AM

The 2005 season was our daughter's Sr. year, and that just didn't sound right to me, so I had to drag out the 10 lb. scrapbook to refresh my memory:
Over the course of the entire season, Trinity gave up 226, that's an avg. of 15 pts. per game. Midland Lee scored 34 (THS 63), Irving Nimitz 21 (THS 48) SGP 35 (THS 28) and Irving Mac 24 (THS 31). Then in the first 2 playoff games against Fossil Ridge and Plano East, each team scored 20 pts to Trinity's 35 and 56. No other team scored more than 14, including a shut out of highly touted Coppell, holding the vaunted Emmanuel Moody (early USC commit) to 48 yds on 21 carries.
so, maybe I don't know how to evaluate this correctly, but that seemed to be a pretty stout defense to me. :o)

da hawaiian
03-04-2010, 01:00 AM
I went back and looked at the actual scores and 2005 did pretty good statistaclly. Now they didn't play anybody with an elite offense so It's hard to evaluate them fairly. Sure they ran into some pretty good defenses, but it's fair to say they had a fairly nice draw when comparing their playoff schedule with later Trojan squads.

da hawaiian
03-04-2010, 01:09 AM
The 2005 season was our daughter's Sr. year, and that just didn't sound right to me, so I had to drag out the 10 lb. scrapbook to refresh my memory:
Over the course of the entire season, Trinity gave up 226, that's an avg. of 15 pts. per game. Midland Lee scored 34 (THS 63), Irving Nimitz 21 (THS 48) SGP 35 (THS 28) and Irving Mac 24 (THS 31). Then in the first 2 playoff games against Fossil Ridge and Plano East, each team scored 20 pts to Trinity's 35 and 56. No other team scored more than 14, including a shut out of highly touted Coppell, holding the vaunted Emmanuel Moody (early USC commit) to 48 yds on 21 carries.
so, maybe I don't know how to evaluate this correctly, but that seemed to be a pretty stout defense to me. :o)

You have a point, and it is the only season in the last 5 I missed completely. Going on second hand testimony supposedly the secondary was a glaring weakness, but fortunately our playoff run offered up none of the states elite passing teams. But my impression from watching them against Judson was they were big, physical and excelled against the run, but the word on them was they would fare poorly against elite passing offenses - of which I would submit they did not meet. Closest thing to an elite offense would have been SGP

Now they ran into lots of good defenses. Tyler Lee, SGP, A&M, MacArthur and Judson...

Prep Ticket
03-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Lol - what would we Trojan fantatics do without you :notworthy But under the radar - one can only wish.

If I were to unit rank without looking at stats I would rank as such:

Defense:

Offense:

Offensively depending on Skill position chemistry, this could be a very special year offensively - it all depends. But after the coaching job displayed this last year I won't put anything past this talented staff.

Defensively lots of question marks - just talked to Kautai and he says he's staying on offense (little Ceasars waiting for a sausage and 2 pepperoni's couldn't help but bug him - his facial expression was saying "Who the hell is this guy?" Also where do you put Manu Kaufusi? Easily the best and biggest of the JV kids last year. He's a move in from California I overheard at church and this completes his first year with the program - anyways I really like his size - easily a 6'2 290lber with nice dance moves to boot.

Anyways can't wait for Springball so we can attempt to unravel all of this with further incorrect positional mock lineups :o

That analysis is spot on. KT2000 and i agree that you are the most knowledgeable poster on here, always enjoy reading your comments:notworthy

BTW, I was thinking the defense looked pretty solid this year. The d-line returns 3 players who either started or saw signigant playing time -

Leota
Young
Masumbuko

They just have to replace a d-end (could be Barnett). Linebackers look strong too with Yenga and Thomas back. Middle LB is the big question mark.

Secondary returns just one starter (name escapes me) but he was a talented sophomore. Shoring up the secondary is a question mark but with 5 major contributors back in the front seven, I think the defense will be good. Tryon's one of the best in the business IMHO.

farmerfan
03-04-2010, 11:26 AM
I have always thought your '01 team was the best to not win a state title of this past decade. Was it Sam Houston they lost to early in the season?

That team was very impressive IMO.

I would rank them as follows

'05
'07
'09
'01
'08
'06
'04
and then '02, '03 and '00

My opinion of course, so you all can flame and hate away at whatever pace you would like. :)

Go Plano

da hawaiian
03-04-2010, 03:58 PM
I have always thought your '01 team was the best to not win a state title of this past decade. Was it Sam Houston they lost to early in the season?

'05
'07
'09
'01
'08
'06
'04

My opinion of course, so you all can flame and hate away at whatever pace you would like. :)

Go Plano

Brother D - outstanding point, how easily I forget one of the best teams to come thru Trinity, I agree with your placement amongst the others, maybe even better than some of our winners even? Easily the winner of the Eyeball test.

I'm thinking out loud now but Consider this, that was the first year Trinity dumped the tripple option, just think how good that offense would have been had those kids grew up with it like the kids do now.

That analysis is spot on. KT2000 and i agree that you are the most knowledgeable poster on here, always enjoy reading your comments:notworthy

BTW, I was thinking the defense looked pretty solid this year. The d-line returns 3 players who either started or saw signigant playing time -

Leota
Young
Masumbuko

They just have to replace a d-end (could be Barnett). Linebackers look strong too with Yenga and Thomas back. Middle LB is the big question mark.

Secondary returns just one starter (name escapes me) but he was a talented sophomore. Shoring up the secondary is a question mark but with 5 major contributors back in the front seven, I think the defense will be good. Tryon's one of the best in the business IMHO.

:o

Young and Masumbuko were outstanding for the Trojans. How nice was it to rotate 2 big bodies in the middle like those 2. They really have a chance to remind Trinity fans of the dynamic Kautai Yandell duo of 2006 - now all we need is a giant 320lber to mimic Robert Griffin.

2010 DL Class of Pauni and particularly Maile are heavy losses - big physical who understood their roll within Coach T's scheme, - but I said the same thing when the older Pauni and Tuipulotu graduated last year - we seem to get by every year - The Dline is one of those intriguing areas we anxiously await to get a peek at this spring ball. I had hoped to see Kautai moved to defense and he still may. Just because he's working out with the OL doesn't mean he wont shift over later- He's a senior so you know he'll get the nod in the event of positional toss ups - I just hate to seeing great looking underclassmen like Kaufusi or Lea'aetoa idling on the sidelines - and I'm sure there are more.

I would love to see Barnet at DE or even OLB what a site that would be. Leota is blossoming even earlier than his older brother. Was watching him on the Bball court and it looks like any lingering effects of his knee injury are behind him.

Qniko is going to have a tremendous senior year, I just feel it. A little small he reminds me of Cummings from 2006 and what a LB that kid was. Not only does Thomas possess great speed but his toughness set him apart this year - I hope to see a similar attitude from Yenga his senior season. To balance all this LB speed I hope we find a Mobile Masher to play inside. We got by when Olie went down against Chill, fortunately we never met an Oline that made us pay for soft LB's play after the Allen game.

Defensive backfield is the other big question not including who's going to play QB and WR?

Trojanalum693
03-04-2010, 04:24 PM

Here's the top 5 by team

1) 2005 (14-1)
2) 2006 (11-1)
3) 2009 (13-2)
4) 2008 (12-1)
5) 2007 (14-1)

Combined record (64-6)

Here is how I would rank them. Granted I was on the 2007 and 2008 teams and on JV in 2006.
1.) 2005
2.) 2007
3.) 2006
4.) 2008
5.) 2009

farmerfan
03-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Brother D - outstanding point, how easily I forget one of the best teams to come thru Trinity, I agree with your placement amongst the others, maybe even better than some of our winners even? Easily the winner of the Eyeball test.

I'm thinking out loud now but Consider this, that was the first year Trinity dumped the tripple option, just think how good that offense would have been had those kids grew up with it like the kids do now.

Young and Masumbuko were outstanding for the Trojans. How nice was it to rotate 2 big bodies in the middle like those 2. They really have a chance to remind Trinity fans of the dynamic Kautai Yandell duo of 2006 - now all we need is a giant 320lber to mimic Robert Griffin.

2010 DL Class of Pauni and particularly Maile are heavy losses - big physical who understood their roll within Coach T's scheme, - but I said the same thing when the older Pauni and Tuipulotu graduated last year - we seem to get by every year - The Dline is one of those intriguing areas we anxiously await to get a peek at this spring ball. I had hoped to see Kautai moved to defense and he still may. Just because he's working out with the OL doesn't mean he wont shift over later- He's a senior so you know he'll get the nod in the event of positional toss ups - I just hate to seeing great looking underclassmen like Kaufusi or Lea'aetoa idling on the sidelines - and I'm sure there are more.

I would love to see Barnet at DE or even OLB what a site that would be. Leota is blossoming even earlier than his older brother. Was watching him on the Bball court and it looks like any lingering effects of his knee injury are behind him.

Qniko is going to have a tremendous senior year, I just feel it. A little small he reminds me of Cummings from 2006 and what a LB that kid was. Not only does Thomas possess great speed but his toughness set him apart this year - I hope to see a similar attitude from Yenga his senior season. To balance all this LB speed I hope we find a Mobile Masher to play inside. We got by when Olie went down against Chill, fortunately we never met an Oline that made us pay for soft LB's play after the Allen game.

Defensive backfield is the other big question not including who's going to play QB and WR?

Thank you sir. You guys were 20 secs away from joining in on the love fest of TOD. :D

Had the '01 team had a year under their belt in Lineweavers system then who knows where they could haver been. Speculation only but they just might have been the best team to ever walk your halls

Trojanalum693
03-04-2010, 04:33 PM

'05
'07
'09
'01
'08
'06
'04

Plano Sucks

fify

da hawaiian
03-05-2010, 05:45 AM
Here is how I would rank them. Granted I was on the 2007 and 2008 teams and on JV in 2006.
1.) 2005
2.) 2007
3.) 2006
4.) 2008
5.) 2009

We could go around in circles on this and none of us would be wrong.

2005 was the pinnacle of Trinity's run game. 3rd and long or 4th and short = hand off to Nance...The Trojan braintrust has never been as comfortable making the same call since. Add to that maybe the most talented and mobile offensive line to come thru Trinity And the best Trojan QB of the decade or 2.

2006 year of the linebacker. Anytime you have a dynamic DE/OLB like Youri Yenga to go along with Likio, Cummings and Johnson - you've got something special. They gave you length with their collective speed and inside presence with attitude. Add to that a front rotation of Griffin, Kautai, Yandell, Leota, and Yannick Kande - this was the pinnacle of Trojan front7's. Consider this - they completely shut down Carrolls run game with a 3 man front. Robert Griffin all 6'7 of him, for all the disrespect he got (all of it underserved) never stood more tall.

Too bad we couldn't get consistent quarterback play. Maybe it was nerves but the poor kid overthrew everybody - given he had such targets like Scoggins and Marcus King, just a damn shame.

The secondary was highly underrated lead by one senior Smith and talented underclassmen Prinz Kande, Heimuli and Pokey.

2007 front7 depth and the finest secondary in the last 8 years. It's a toss up which defense was better 2006 or 2007. Brand new batch of LBs and new faces on the DL but the back four of Barnett, Tavo, Kande and Heimuli - has there even been a unit more savvy or physical? Certainly Trinity has seen more athletic the 2001 unit comes to mind. In the age of spread offenses and the premium placed on corners who can play on an island there have been few better at Trinity than Barnett and Tavo. Safety's Kande and Heimuli brought a hammer to the run defense and experience in understading pass coverage. I can't count the times Kande and Heimuli bailed us out of trouble, with timely tackles, interceptions and pass-breakups. The Dline was deep and talented. Griffin, Leota, Kande, Thomas, Tuipulotu, Pauni and Sapoi. The emergence of LB's Lolohea, Pokey, Fieilo and Murphy completes one of the best Trojan Defenses.

2008 Crittically important to be objective here as it's so tempting for casual observes like myself to throw this unit under the bus - and after Fieilo hit that ref I can't say that I didn't. I was too embarrased to show my face around the boards for the longest time - as if losing wasn't bad enough allready.

So much promise and hope the 2008 squad was, but let's be fair - we ran into a Allen team that was more talented and on the day was at the top of their game. Tucker Carter back up or not was a more lethal combination with his accurcy and pocket courage than the HelterSkelter style of Brown, add to the Allen secondary really put the clamps on Trinity's outstanding passing game once Trinity's run game was shelved. Allens game plan to spread the wealth really took advantage of holes in Trinity's Post season defense

In summary What 2008 possessed in experience and top flight talent it lacked criticaly in depth. The preseason unit that included Barnett, Sapoi, Reagan and Fuahala in my opinion was the best version of Trinity 2008. The Dline rotation of Pauni, LT Tuipulotu, Sapoi and Fuahala was very thin - compound that with the loss of Sapoi in week5 and the academic casualty of big Fuahala meant the thin got thinner. Attempts at rotating in Maile, Masumbuko, Paipa, Herring and others apparantly didn't work out as LT and Pauni carried almost the entire load late in the regular season and into the playoffs. converted FB Lisika took over at DE, the added speed was a asset against Plano especially, but the drop in physicality was missing against one team in particular. The Secondary of Barnett, Braime, Reagon and Kande was outstanding in the preseason. Perhaps of all the losses thru the season the loss of Barnett hurt the most. Barnett in my opinion was the cornerstone of the 2008 defense. He allowed Trinity's D so much flexibility he was litterally having an all american type year before he went down for the season to Pennington's Turf Monster - the same culprit that claimed RB Shannon Moore from 2006. Barnett was like a man amongst boys - his was a painful loss. At LB I believe the Trinity was not as big as other years. Quick and speedy and mentally acute but the grunt was missing from the middle. Especially once Pokey was moved outside and replaced with Jack Detvongsa, an shift of necessity involving multiple personell to cover the void left by Reagan and Barnett's loss at the back. I was confused why certain backups weren't given more prominent rolls, some in particular were extremely impressive in backup duty. eventually The defense that had stood tall in preseason was shell of it's earlier self.

2009 Explosive speed, dynamic Brandon Carter and Depth Depth Depth. Once we got that Oline sorted out and Hubbard hit his stride this unit could challenge the 2005 unit for Trinity offense of the Decade. Defense? Who needs defense when you can put up points like this unit did in the post season.

Prep Ticket
03-05-2010, 09:22 AM

How about Carter at receiver?

da hawaiian
03-05-2010, 02:14 PM
How about Carter at receiver?

It depends how the others develop at QB. I'd hate to have another situation like 2006. How about Carter at QB and Barnett and the new transfer kid at WR?

OakTreeUp-n-Out
03-05-2010, 03:22 PM
It depends how the others develop at QB. I'd hate to have another situation like 2006. How about Carter at QB and Barnett and the new transfer kid at WR?

Wasn't Jeremy Louis a stud for you guys on JV last year? Where's he going to play?

Prep Ticket
03-05-2010, 03:41 PM

I hadn't heard of any newcomers outside of Barnett. I liked what I saw of Lahi?
I'd be tempted to put Carter at QB and see if he could reprise the role of William Cole but I don't see Lineweaver getting away from the power I. So many options...

da hawaiian
03-05-2010, 04:05 PM
I hadn't heard of any newcomers outside of Barnett. I liked what I saw of Lahi?
I'd be tempted to put Carter at QB and see if he could reprise the role of William Cole but I don't see Lineweaver getting away from the power I. So many options...

We'll see

His arm strength looked subpar in practice, everything else he's got, but armstrength is a huge concern for me. Positives are he's a winner at all levels, he's durable, decent speed and very smart. But you can't teach armstrength

da hawaiian
03-05-2010, 05:05 PM
We'll see

His arm strength looked subpar in practice, everything else he's got, but armstrength is a huge concern for me. Positives are he's a winner at all levels, he's durable, decent speed and very smart. But you can't teach armstrength

This post is gonna get me in trouble at church. Lahi's father and I are on friendly terms - he knows I'm a huge fan of the program - he's well versed about Trinity football and even more opinionated than I am. Most everyone in the Tongan community allready have it in their minds that Lahi is the heir apparent but I just don't see it. Not with Brandon Carter available in plain sight.

Trojanalum693
03-06-2010, 01:43 AM
No way the 09 offense was better than 05's! The reason they scored so many points was because the starters stayed in until the fourth quarter, and we were still trying to put up points. In 2005 the starters would have been out at halftime, and we would have run basically the same play over and over again.

In 09 the offense actually tried to score more points. More passing and trick plays. In 05 we ran clock like crazy. That 05 team could have put up 100+ points if the coaches felt like it. However, that is not Lineweaver's style. That is why I was so surprised he scored so many points.

Trojanalum693
03-06-2010, 01:54 AM
We could go around in circles on this and none of us would be wrong.

2005 was the pinnacle of Trinity's run game. 3rd and long or 4th and short = hand off to Nance...The Trojan braintrust has never been as comfortable making the same call since. Add to that maybe the most talented and mobile offensive line to come thru Trinity And the best Trojan QB of the decade or 2.

2006 year of the linebacker. Anytime you have a dynamic DE/OLB like Youri Yenga to go along with Likio, Cummings and Johnson - you've got something special. They gave you length with their collective speed and inside presence with attitude. Add to that a front rotation of Griffin, Kautai, Yandell, Leota, and Yannick Kande - this was the pinnacle of Trojan front7's. Consider this - they completely shut down Carrolls run game with a 3 man front. Robert Griffin all 6'7 of him, for all the disrespect he got (all of it underserved) never stood more tall.

Too bad we couldn't get consistent quarterback play. Maybe it was nerves but the poor kid overthrew everybody - given he had such targets like Scoggins and Marcus King, just a damn shame.

The secondary was highly underrated lead by one senior Smith and talented underclassmen Prinz Kande, Heimuli and Pokey.

2007 front7 depth and the finest secondary in the last 8 years. It's a toss up which defense was better 2006 or 2007. Brand new batch of LBs and new faces on the DL but the back four of Barnett, Tavo, Kande and Heimuli - has there even been a unit more savvy or physical? Certainly Trinity has seen more athletic the 2001 unit comes to mind. In the age of spread offenses and the premium placed on corners who can play on an island there have been few better at Trinity than Barnett and Tavo. Safety's Kande and Heimuli brought a hammer to the run defense and experience in understading pass coverage. I can't count the times Kande and Heimuli bailed us out of trouble, with timely tackles, interceptions and pass-breakups. The Dline was deep and talented. Griffin, Leota, Kande, Thomas, Tuipulotu, Pauni and Sapoi. The emergence of LB's Lolohea, Pokey, Fieilo and Murphy completes one of the best Trojan Defenses.

2008 Crittically important to be objective here as it's so tempting for casual observes like myself to throw this unit under the bus - and after Fieilo hit that ref I can't say that I didn't. I was too embarrased to show my face around the boards for the longest time - as if losing wasn't bad enough allready.

So much promise and hope the 2008 squad was, but let's be fair - we ran into a Allen team that was more talented and on the day was at the top of their game. Tucker Carter back up or not was a more lethal combination with his accurcy and pocket courage than the HelterSkelter style of Brown, add to the Allen secondary really put the clamps on Trinity's outstanding passing game once Trinity's run game was shelved. Allens game plan to spread the wealth really took advantage of holes in Trinity's Post season defense

In summary What 2008 possessed in experience and top flight talent it lacked criticaly in depth. The preseason unit that included Barnett, Sapoi, Reagan and Fuahala in my opinion was the best version of Trinity 2008. The Dline rotation of Pauni, LT Tuipulotu, Sapoi and Fuahala was very thin - compound that with the loss of Sapoi in week5 and the academic casualty of big Fuahala meant the thin got thinner. Attempts at rotating in Maile, Masumbuko, Paipa, Herring and others apparantly didn't work out as LT and Pauni carried almost the entire load late in the regular season and into the playoffs. converted FB Lisika took over at DE, the added speed was a asset against Plano especially, but the drop in physicality was missing against one team in particular. The Secondary of Barnett, Braime, Reagon and Kande was outstanding in the preseason. Perhaps of all the losses thru the season the loss of Barnett hurt the most. Barnett in my opinion was the cornerstone of the 2008 defense. He allowed Trinity's D so much flexibility he was litterally having an all american type year before he went down for the season to Pennington's Turf Monster - the same culprit that claimed RB Shannon Moore from 2006. Barnett was like a man amongst boys - his was a painful loss. At LB I believe the Trinity was not as big as other years. Quick and speedy and mentally acute but the grunt was missing from the middle. Especially once Pokey was moved outside and replaced with Jack Detvongsa, an shift of necessity involving multiple personell to cover the void left by Reagan and Barnett's loss at the back. I was confused why certain backups weren't given more prominent rolls, some in particular were extremely impressive in backup duty. eventually The defense that had stood tall in preseason was shell of it's earlier self.

2009 Explosive speed, dynamic Brandon Carter and Depth Depth Depth. Once we got that Oline sorted out and Hubbard hit his stride this unit could challenge the 2005 unit for Trinity offense of the Decade. Defense? Who needs defense when you can put up points like this unit did in the post season.

Believe me he deserved it. The man could barely pass classes and was not a very bright kid. Why you think he went to Navarro? He did some of the stupidest things like jump in the air while celebrating after the Plano game and landed on our kickers foot. He also ate too much for breakfast before the State Championship game and got sick.

In 2008 as was said injuries killed us. We had depth problem is backups got hurt. Reagan's backup Dustin Emery had his knee blown out junior year during basketball season and hadn't fully recovered his speed and quickness yet. His injury definitely showed during the Plano game. That is why he was replaced by Sam Smith or Dante Charlston against Allen(I can't remember which one).

If that 08 team had been healthy I am confident that we would have won state. Losses of Sapoi and Barnett among others killed us. We had talent behind them but they had less experience which really factored into the equation.

da hawaiian
03-06-2010, 11:21 PM
Believe me he deserved it. The man could barely pass classes and was not a very bright kid. Why you think he went to Navarro? He did some of the stupidest things like jump in the air while celebrating after the Plano game and landed on our kickers foot. He also ate too much for breakfast before the State Championship game and got sick.

In 2008 as was said injuries killed us. We had depth problem is backups got hurt. Reagan's backup Dustin Emery had his knee blown out junior year during basketball season and hadn't fully recovered his speed and quickness yet. His injury definitely showed during the Plano game. That is why he was replaced by Sam Smith or Dante Charlston against Allen(I can't remember which one).

If that 08 team had been healthy I am confident that we would have won state. Losses of Sapoi and Barnett among others killed us. We had talent behind them but they had less experience which really factored into the equation.

Griffin remains one of my all-time favorite Trojans. Something about the kid I just love. Raised by a single mother there's just something about his story that makes me root for him. he always seemed to save his best efforts for the big games (with the exception of the championship game :( but I wont hold it against him. I would love to see a big frame like that wearing the Trojan black again.

Trojanalum693
03-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Griffin remains one of my all-time favorite Trojans. Something about the kid I just love. Raised by a single mother there's just something about his story that makes me root for him. he always seemed to save his best efforts for the big games (with the exception of the championship game :( but I wont hold it against him. I would love to see a big frame like that wearing the Trojan black again.

Yeah he was also one of my favorite players. He was a great/humble guy. It would definitely be great to see somebody like him come through Trinity again.

da hawaiian
03-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah he was also one of my favorite players. He was a great/humble guy. It would definitely be great to see somebody like him come through Trinity again.

I thought some of the kids were terribly mean to him, I'm sure many of them were related to me :(

I hope he puts them all in their place with a NFL contract in 2 years

OakTreeUp-n-Out
03-07-2010, 10:50 PM
I thought some of the kids were terribly mean to him, I'm sure many of them were related to me :(

You know you're in a place with some tough kids when even the 6'7" 320lbs. D1 football player gets picked on.

TrinityTrojan80
03-08-2010, 09:03 PM
1.) 2005
2.) 2007
3.) 2006
4.) 2008
5.) 2009

I don't know how to say this without upsetting some...
IMO 2006 was the best overall team except..

Rank the QB's
1) Trevor 2005
T2) Hubbard 2009
T2) McGhee 2007 & 2008
4) Taggart 2006

da wiz
03-08-2010, 10:51 PM
i think shane mc donald was a better passer than taggert, so i would put him right ahead of taggert,

Trojanalum693
03-08-2010, 11:20 PM
I don't know how to say this without upsetting some...
IMO 2006 was the best overall team except..

Rank the QB's
1) Trevor 2005
T2) Hubbard 2009
T2) McGhee 2007 & 2008
4) Taggart 2006

You are probably right. 2006 was a great team. But for the QB play I put them further down.

How can you have Hubbard tied with McGhee? McGhee was a way better passer and made less mistakes. (Exception was the Permian game in 07 regular season). I know Hubbard was more athletic than McGhee but overall as a QB McGhee was better. We actually could run the spread with McGhee and did run some of it. With Hubbard it did not work out so well except for some screen passes to Brandon Carter or Bobby Brown.

da hawaiian
03-09-2010, 01:44 AM
You know you're in a place with some tough kids when even the 6'7" 320lbs. D1 football player gets picked on.

i may have overexagerated, but he was a big softy who wasnt overly concerned with being cool. i think high school is cruel, even in a school like trinity,where social dexterity a premium

TrinityTrojan80
03-09-2010, 06:11 AM
you are probably right. 2006 was a great team. But for the qb play i put them further down.

How can you have hubbard tied with mcghee? Mcghee was a way better passer and made less mistakes. (exception was the permian game in 07 regular season). I know hubbard was more athletic than mcghee but overall as a qb mcghee was better. We actually could run the spread with mcghee and did run some of it. With hubbard it did not work out so well except for some screen passes to brandon carter or bobby brown.

1)
2)
3)

4)

Trojanalum693
03-09-2010, 04:23 PM
1)
2)
3)

4)

I actually thought Taggart's back up Dillon Swingle was a better QB than him. He made better passes. But I still liked Taggart as a QB. He just wasn't as good as the others that came thru Trinity before him and after him.

His shoulder injury that he suffered early in the year while scrambling for a first down may have had something to do with some of his inaccurate passes. I am not sure it ever fully healed during the season.

I would rank him ahead of Hubbard if it wasn't for the fact that Hubbard was such a great athlete and was actually capable of making great plays with his feet, which he did. Hubbard got Trinity many critical first downs with his feet while scrambling or on QB draw plays.

OakTreeUp-n-Out
03-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Congrats to Masumbuko, who committed to Baylor according to Rivals.com.

Nice pick up for the Bears... he was very good last year and I think this year he can be dominant if he has a good offseason. It would be nice if the Trinity coaches could find a way to keep him and Young on the field at the same time.... they're just so good, tough for them to be splitting snaps.

da hawaiian
03-19-2010, 01:07 AM
Congrats to Masumbuko, who committed to Baylor according to Rivals.com.

Nice pick up for the Bears... he was very good last year and I think this year he can be dominant if he has a good offseason. It would be nice if the Trinity coaches could find a way to keep him and Young on the field at the same time.... they're just so good, tough for them to be splitting snaps.

I totally agree. Young is probably the more gifted, but it's hard to outwork Suliemon. I'd love to see Suliemon split out to SDE.

steve_clements
03-22-2010, 02:10 PM
trojans tested in the 40 this morning...very impressive especially the week after spring break...carter mid 4.4, yenga/tusan mid 4.5, wawa/moeakiola mid 4.6

da hawaiian
03-22-2010, 08:49 PM
trojans tested in the 40 this morning...very impressive especially the week after spring break...carter mid 4.4, yenga/tusan mid 4.5, wawa/moeakiola mid 4.6

Wow

I hadn't realized Carter was that quick? I had actually thought Tusan was quicker, boy was I wrong. I knew Carter was fast but thought he was a late booster, not a railgun?

Any numbers on my favorite linebacker Thomas?

OakTreeUp-n-Out
03-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Did Nila Kasitati commit to Baylor as well? Scout.com has him as a commitment but no posted story or quotes.

da hawaiian
03-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Did Nila Kasitati commit to Baylor as well? Scout.com has him as a commitment but no posted story or quotes.

Really? I thought he'd hold out for a Pac10 school. Where do you get all your knews Oak? You sure you're not MattStepp?

MLB3725
03-24-2010, 09:20 PM
I saw that too... when I was looking at the SMU site to see who attended their junior day...

I looked at their "targeted recruits" and noticed Tevin Williams... clicked on Euless and looked at the others from the school.

They are targeting 3 or 4 trojans.. but next to Nila Kasitati it said committed to Baylor.

da wiz
03-29-2010, 01:58 PM
i pray that tevin can stay healthy and can play a whole season, its scary to think what his numbers could be.............

Trojanalum693
03-29-2010, 04:19 PM
i pray that tevin can stay healthy and can play a whole season, its scary to think what his numbers could be.............

Aren't we all? He won't get as many yards as Nance did though.

da hawaiian
03-29-2010, 05:31 PM
I love Tevin, his vision and moves in tight spaces is terrific. But there's something about Tusan's aggressiveness and desire that I just absolutely adore.

Prep Ticket
03-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Tevin's a good kid and told us that he's on schedule with rehab. Here's an update if you haven't yet seen it.

Tevin Williams Off-Season Remarks (http://community.prepticket.com/video/video/show?id=823292%3AVideo%3A116553)

trojanbacker
03-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Great story. Thanks again Prep Ticket.

Prep Ticket
03-31-2010, 09:55 AM
You're welcome Trojan Backer, we appreciate all the kind words. It's not hard to pull for a kid like Tevin, he is really a likeable young man and has a great future ahead.

steve_clements
04-02-2010, 03:48 PM
This post is gonna get me in trouble at church. Lahi's father and I are on friendly terms - he knows I'm a huge fan of the program - he's well versed about Trinity football and even more opinionated than I am. Most everyone in the Tongan community allready have it in their minds that Lahi is the heir apparent but I just don't see it. Not with Brandon Carter available in plain sight.
From what I've seen, Lahi is improving. He's not there yet but he has a long time. Think about it, we want him playing his best ball in Nov./Dec. anyway. I know the coaches have a lot of faith in him. They are currently working with some mechanical issues that can only develop over time. It will come with each throw. He's in great hands w/Jensen.

Think that BC has to play behind center at least a small %. How Lahi performs will determine what the % of BC under center.

The great thing about being a Trinity QB is that you don't have to "feel like you have to win the game". No doubt, Hubb was able to do things that allowed them to win games, but he didn't necessarily win them. Like we all know, everyone's offense is predicated on line play. This is especially true/emphasized at 500 N. Industrial Blvd.

I agree DaHawaiian about the Sullivan kid (on dif. thread). He looks pretty good. Delivery is a little long but saw him hit 8 drag routes on the money in a row this morning.

However, it shakes down...the more options, the better!

da hawaiian
04-03-2010, 10:51 AM
From what I've seen, Lahi is improving. He's not there yet but he has a long time. Think about it, we want him playing his best ball in Nov./Dec. anyway. I know the coaches have a lot of faith in him. They are currently working with some mechanical issues that can only develop over time. It will come with each throw. He's in great hands w/Jensen.

Think that BC has to play behind center at least a small %. How Lahi performs will determine what the % of BC under center.

The great thing about being a Trinity QB is that you don't have to "feel like you have to win the game". No doubt, Hubb was able to do things that allowed them to win games, but he didn't necessarily win them. Like we all know, everyone's offense is predicated on line play. This is especially true/emphasized at 500 N. Industrial Blvd.

I agree DaHawaiian about the Sullivan kid (on dif. thread). He looks pretty good. Delivery is a little long but saw him hit 8 drag routes on the money in a row this morning.

However, it shakes down...the more options, the better!

Qualities in Lahi that I like and I've seen him at every level of his development. Quality 1 - Intelligent (football smarts) Quality 2 - Extremely durable 3 - Proven winner at every level 4 - He's been a leader to all those kids that started as sophomores at Trinity last year.

What he has going against him is his relatively stunted physical progress. Believe me - I know personally what that feels like.

I believe the days of game manager at QB at Trinity is numbered. We've seen QB's that either didn't have Elite speed or the ability to deliver the pass on time, on target, in the crunch. Since '06 all the Trojan QB's have been special - therefore I believe the future Trinity QB will fit the bill of either passer/runner or ideally a combo of the 2. With Elite teams not affraid to load the box lately (Plano and Martin) to stop our run and better cover guys at the back - I think it's a requirement to have a guy that can stretch defenses vertically either with his feet or with his arm. The issue I see with Lahi is I don't think he can accomplish either. Granted I'm taking a very limited view of the position here but that's why what I say must be taken with a grain of salt.

But After Mcghee and Hubbard you can say I've become spoilt in regards to Trojan QBs. Hubbard threw a decent deep ball (you see I'm not picky) but his speed kept lots of safety's from floating over in help coverage which was of limitless value. What I'd like to see from Lahi - quicker release and more zip on short to medium passes.

In the end the final evaluation will not be what happens in 7 on 7 but spring ball. It'll be there where we'll see if Lahi has the ablitity to contribute to a game with his feet - either in combination with great ball fakes, vision and strength in the tackle ala Bell's Lehi Tonga - But Lehi had a much stronger arm and I believe a more explosive first step.

I agree with you that having more options is the way to go. With the injury bug that's hit the program lately it's the only way.

Great post by the way Steve. R u going to remain a Fence gang member this upcoming season?

da hawaiian
04-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Delivery is a little long but saw him hit 8 drag routes on the money in a row this morning.

Ok mr practice guy :D PM me the schedule

steve_clements
04-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Qualities in Lahi that I like and I've seen him at every level of his development. Quality 1 - Intelligent (football smarts) Quality 2 - Extremely durable 3 - Proven winner at every level 4 - He's been a leader to all those kids that started as sophomores at Trinity last year.

What he has going against him is his relatively stunted physical progress. Believe me - I know personally what that feels like.

I believe the days of game manager at QB at Trinity is numbered. We've seen QB's that either didn't have Elite speed or the ability to deliver the pass on time, on target, in the crunch. Since '06 all the Trojan QB's have been special - therefore I believe the future Trinity QB will fit the bill of either passer/runner or ideally a combo of the 2. With Elite teams not affraid to load the box lately (Plano and Martin) to stop our run and better cover guys at the back - I think it's a requirement to have a guy that can stretch defenses vertically either with his feet or with his arm. The issue I see with Lahi is I don't think he can accomplish either. Granted I'm taking a very limited view of the position here but that's why what I say must be taken with a grain of salt.

But After Mcghee and Hubbard you can say I've become spoilt in regards to Trojan QBs. Hubbard threw a decent deep ball (you see I'm not picky) but his speed kept lots of safety's from floating over in help coverage which was of limitless value. What I'd like to see from Lahi - quicker release and more zip on short to medium passes.

In the end the final evaluation will not be what happens in 7 on 7 but spring ball. It'll be there where we'll see if Lahi has the ablitity to contribute to a game with his feet - either in combination with great ball fakes, vision and strength in the tackle ala Bell's Lehi Tonga - But Lehi had a much stronger arm and I believe a more explosive first step.

I agree with you that having more options is the way to go. With the injury bug that's hit the program lately it's the only way.

Great post by the way Steve. R u going to remain a Fence gang member this upcoming season?
Regardless of whether Lahi can chunk it deep or not, there should be solace in the fact that Jensen is the OC. Rest assured that he will play to the strengths of his guys. Maybe they run a few more screens this year than in the past. He does a very good job managing a game, preparing his offense and determining when/how to attack a defense.

There's no doubt BC will be back there and a package will be developed exclusively for him. Jensen will know in September (more importantly Nov./Dec.) of what they can or can't do and make the necessary adjustments. He is one of the top coordinators in the state, IMHO.

Again, the amount of options they have (whether its BC/Rader outside, Barnett, Nila at TE or the slew of rb's) will allow Jensen to be even more creative this year.

One word...fun!

da hawaiian
04-05-2010, 07:08 PM
I completely agree with your comments regarding Coach Jensens ability to work within the talents available.

As a fan, I tend to abuse the luxery of playing coach without having to face the consequences of my decisions. But that's the fun of participating on a board like this, as long as perspectives are kept and expectations don't become unrealistic.

I'm not a QB guy. I hardly watch them over the course of a football game. Infact I hardly watch the football at all. My eyes are glued to the trench, it's where my passion lies. So I probably shouldn't pretend to know anything at all, much less who the best QB prospect for Trinity should be.

I just know how much easier it appears for our own defense to defend a QB of a certain type vs another.

But as a short, limited range QB everything else in your game has to be soo much better. Your footwork, your mesh integrity, and your release timing not to mention the ability to function out of a moving pocket. If your feet are magic you can compensate for alot of shortcomings.

Lahi's own dad made a valid point in passing me last wednesday "with Brandon under Center you nolonger have him catching balls" and after watching 7 on 7 that has become painstakingly clear.

However it will be springball where we'll see his full repetoire undercenter, when he faces a passrush, when he can take that broken play and create magic. I think with BC we will see a ton rolling pockets. The idea will be to get him in space where he can create plays. And being under center means we begin every play with the ball in the hands of our X factor, rather than waiting to see his 4 or 5 touches max over the course of an entire game.

slcdragonfan
04-05-2010, 07:24 PM
I completely agree with your comments regarding Coach Jensens ability to work within the talents available.

As a fan, I tend to abuse the luxery of playing coach without having to face the consequences of my decisions. But that's the fun of participating on a board like this, as long as perspectives are kept and expectations don't become unrealistic.

I'm not a QB guy. I hardly watch them over the course of a football game. Infact I hardly watch the football at all. My eyes are glued to the trench, it's where my passion lies. So I probably shouldn't pretend to know anything at all, much less who the best QB prospect for Trinity should be.

I just know how much easier it appears for our own defense to defend a QB of a certain type vs another.

But as a short, limited range QB everything else in your game has to be soo much better. Your footwork, your mesh integrity, and your release timing not to mention the ability to function out of a moving pocket. If your feet are magic you can compensate for alot of shortcomings.

Lahi's own dad made a valid point in passing me last wednesday "with Brandon under Center you nolonger have him catching balls" and after watching 7 on 7 that has become painstakingly clear.

However it will be springball where we'll see his full repetoire undercenter, when he faces a passrush, when he can take that broken play and create magic. I think with BC we will see a ton rolling pockets. The idea will be to get him in space where he can create plays. And being under center means we begin every play with the ball in the hands of our X factor, rather than waiting to see his 4 or 5 touches max over the course of an entire game.

I was thinking the same thing after the 7on7. While having him touch the ball every touch and using his feet is a good thing, so is having him in space. If you have someone who can throw to him, then .....

da hawaiian
04-05-2010, 07:29 PM
That's the Dilema at the moment...well dilema for me that is.

The decision on where he ends up will not be without opportunity cost.

When are you gonna get me a name for those Carroll wideouts? Look for me this wednesday. Please sit on the home stand this week. There were more Carroll folks in attendance in the home stand anyways. I was wondering why our crowd was looking better than usual :)

slcdragonfan
04-05-2010, 07:34 PM
That's the Dilema at the moment...well dilema for me that is.

The decision on where he ends up will not be without opportunity cost.

When are you gonna get me a name for those Carroll wideouts? Look for me this wednesday. Please sit on the home stand this week. There were more Carroll folks in attendance in the home stand anyways. I was wondering why our crowd was looking better than usual :)

We need to ask Green Dragon. From his feedback, the slot was Drew (our JV QB).

steve_clements
04-06-2010, 11:44 AM
True that on the dilemma.
I see them needing one or both of the following: 1. Lahi developing the long ball 2. Finding a go-daddy outside that BC can throw to when qb.

If Lahi can develop some more arm strength in the next 4-5 months all he needs to do is throw it in the vicinity and #10 will more than likely he will come down w/it. 31 ca. 766 yds. (25 yd/catch), 13 td. is pretty salty.

They can't replace BC completely outside but if they can get someone who's better than average to get vertical while he's in backfield, look out.

Is cloning legal?

slcdragonfan
04-06-2010, 11:55 AM
True that on the dilemma.
I see them needing one or both of the following: 1. Lahi developing the long ball 2. Finding a go-daddy outside that BC can throw to when qb.

If Lahi can develop some more arm strength in the next 4-5 months all he needs to do is throw it in the vicinity and #10 will more than likely he will come down w/it. 31 ca. 766 yds. (25 yd/catch), 13 td. is pretty salty.

They can't replace BC completely outside but if they can get someone who's better than average to get vertical while he's in backfield, look out.

Is cloning legal?

Are you going to play sheep? ;)

Good try though. Have to go the recruiting route. I hear Bowie has some talent. :eek::)

steve_clements
04-06-2010, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=slcdragonfan;1491839]Are you going to play sheep? ;)

Good try though. Have to go the recruiting route. I hear Bowie has some talent. :eek::)[/QUOTE

According to wikepedia: Sheep are frequently thought of as extremely unintelligent animals.[43] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_sheep#cite_note-42) A sheep's herd mentality (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_mentality) and quickness to flee and panic in the face of stress often make shepherding a difficult endeavor for the uninitiated. Despite these perceptions, a University of Illinois (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Illinois_system) monograph (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monograph) on sheep found them to be just below pigs and on par with cattle in IQ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient).

As talented as Trinity is, a few sheep sprinkled here and there still would not be a problem!

OakTreeUp-n-Out
04-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Congrats to new SMU commitment, Jonathan Yenga

da hawaiian
04-13-2010, 09:47 PM
This week in Trojan news

Chris Barnett is gone back to A maceo Smith

7 on 7 has been cancelled, probably to resume once spring-ball is over. See everybody on Monday :yes:

steve_clements
04-14-2010, 10:50 AM
This week in Trojan news

Chris Barnett is gone back to A maceo Smith

7 on 7 has been cancelled, probably to resume once spring-ball is over. See everybody on Monday :yes:
Do you have any eligibility left?

da hawaiian
04-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Do you have any eligibility left?

I'm hoping to sneak in incognito :eek:

steve_clements
04-14-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm hoping to sneak in incognito :eek:
:notworthy

powerofthehaka
04-15-2010, 07:41 AM
If you are on Facebook, check this out.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=364489377408

da hawaiian
04-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the link, we've signed up

da hawaiian
04-17-2010, 02:50 AM
http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/04/euless-trinity-will-be-without.html

no suprises here

da hawaiian
04-17-2010, 02:53 AM
http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/04/national-football-foundation-g.html

Congragulations coaches Lineweaver and Jensen

da hawaiian
04-19-2010, 09:36 PM
didn't make it out today, thought I was getting called into work and had to make a craiglist purchase...oh well, any reports on happenings today and what the sched will be tommorrow?

da hawaiian
04-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Looks like full pads will be this thursday, nothing until then. Keep everyone posted, love to see you all out there.

Trojanalum693
04-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Looks like full pads will be this thursday, nothing until then. Keep everyone posted, love to see you all out there.

I'll be out there once I am done with school. Cant wait for it.

da hawaiian
04-23-2010, 03:08 AM
Practice was faaaaar from ideal. Lots to work on, I can't believe how JVish the team looks compared to last year. I came expecting lion but instead I got Sheep. Sheeple? I said last year it was going to take a coaching miracle to bring back the big prize, let me retract that and apply it to this year instead.

Some bright spots, BC punting the ball was the best thing I saw today.

It's going to be a looooong offseason.

slcdragonfan
04-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Practice was faaaaar from ideal. Lots to work on, I can't believe how JVish the team looks compared to last year. I came expecting lion but instead I got Sheep. Sheeple? I said last year it was going to take a coaching miracle to bring back the big prize, let me retract that and apply it to this year instead.

Some bright spots, BC punting the ball was the best thing I saw today.

It's going to be a looooong offseason.

what, he punts too? Looking in my crystal ball I see...........fake punts.:Censor:

da hawaiian
04-23-2010, 07:24 PM
QB picture is this. BC till someone steps up and takes from him. 2 candidates are Sulivan and Kautai. One throws a nice ball but offers little in the option and QB draw game, The other is pretty darn good on his feet, especially running inside but is still pretty poor throwing the ball. Needs to remember to set his feet when running to his weak side

Practice a little more organized today, some pretty good RB talent. Trench is still a mess. Slow get off, sloppy base, and no communication. I don't know - maybe I'll get a fishing license.

OakTreeUp-n-Out
04-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Trench is still a mess. Slow get off, sloppy base, and no communication. I don't know - maybe I'll get a fishing license.

Anybody buyin' this?

slcdragonfan
04-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Anybody buyin' this?

Why the Road Graders are so good @ Trinity:
http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/images7/indian_sandbag_training.gif

farmerfan
04-24-2010, 12:32 AM
[QUOTE=slcdragonfan;1499670]Why the Road Graders are so good @ Trinity:

http://cellepteam.cellep.com/edicao_36/teachers/Love.Story.jpg

da hawaiian
04-24-2010, 04:50 AM
Is that guy wearing blush?

slcdragonfan
04-24-2010, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=slcdragonfan;1499670]Why the Road Graders are so good @ Trinity:

http://cellepteam.cellep.com/edicao_36/teachers/Love.Story.jpg

I { slcdragonfan raises his hand } am Ryan, I am Ryan!

Seriously, I thought I was having fun with their sandbagging, but I guess it was a love story instead? I personally think that depends upon your perspective. If you see everything as a duck, an elephant will be a duck with big ears and a long nose. :)

da hawaiian
04-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Deep down Big D is a Dragon Wildcat lover :D. I do think there might be something going on between Lineweaver and one of the Dragon assistant coaches, almost a father and son thing there...very strange.

farmerfan
04-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Deep down Big D is a Dragon Wildcat lover :D. I do think there might be something going on between Lineweaver and one of the Dragon assistant coaches, almost a father and son thing there...very strange.

Ill go ahead and help you with that post count.

LOL

Not a chance. All though I do like the Dragons a LOT more than I do planosucks. Heck I even have the Trininty people around me at games saying planosucks:D

yankee
04-24-2010, 06:37 PM
All though I do like the Dragons a LOT more than I do planosucks.

that just made my day.

Trojanalum693
04-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Ill go ahead and help you with that post count.

LOL

Not a chance. All though I do like the Dragons a LOT more than I do planosucks. Heck I even have the Trininty people around me at games saying planosucks:D

And you have me posting Plano sucks multiple times as well.

Trojanalum693
04-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Why the Road Graders are so good @ Trinity:
http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/images7/indian_sandbag_training.gif

Don't forget about our 1000 pound club. They have T-shirts for it.

steve_clements
04-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Just walked by weight room and saw the Trojans' TE looking in the mirror. Had to take a snapshot.http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:qdu7ffaNJGzBRM:http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6286/arms3pf.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6286/arms3pf.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.unp.co.in/f44/greg-valentino-worlds-biggest-biceps-42716/&usg=__-MYadkHZPvVN29TEYGxjl4ev8xo=&h=262&w=355&sz=60&hl=en&start=9&itbs=1&tbnid=qdu7ffaNJGzBRM:&tbnh=89&tbnw=121&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgregg%2Bvalentino%26hl%3Den%26safe%3D active%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1)

da hawaiian
04-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Too funny steve.

Remember, I have some game film on a certain opponent I'm handing out at practice. No biggie, unless you wanna have a look.

Trojanalum693
04-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Too funny steve.

Remember, I have some game film on a certain opponent I'm handing out at practice. No biggie, unless you wanna have a look.

Awesome maybe I can get a look at it sometime?

da hawaiian
04-26-2010, 08:08 PM
I'll have 10 copies, first come first served

da hawaiian
04-27-2010, 12:52 AM
My contact on the team seems a little busy lately. 0 responses to my last 10 emails :mad:

Wypirates03
04-27-2010, 01:33 AM
Saw where Dmitri Nance signed as an undrafted FA to the Atlanta Falcons. I'll be watching him as I've heard many great things about him.

Congrats to all you Trinity folks.

da hawaiian
04-27-2010, 01:38 AM
He's a longshot fo sho. Hoping he can get a foothold, maybe some practice sqaud action? Trick is lasting out your first contract and getting that lucrative free agent signing, that's typically a very nice payday compared to your rookie contract...if you make it that far.