PDA

View Full Version : **Trinity Trojans Thread**

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

PigSkin007
11-20-2010, 03:10 AM
Great article about Tusan...
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/111910dnspogeorge.3eef183.html

trojanbacker
11-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Because they were the visiting team at Pennington on the Friday after Thanksgiving last year. So, this year...their turn to pick the venue.

Game is set for Friday night at Maverick Stadium (UTA). Now, just need to hope Trinity wins today.

LR46
11-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Game is set for Friday night at Maverick Stadium (UTA). Now, just need to hope Trinity wins today.

Never been there . . . didn't even know UTA had a football stadium. Who's plays there since they do not have a fooball team? Where is it and what's the best way to get there?

I will tell you this, the parking and traffic craziness last night around Jerry World was aweful. Poorly handled and they charge everyone $10. Ridiculous. They must have made $100,000 just on parking yesterday. Anyway, the lots that where posted on the Trojan Footbal website where closed and not accessible at all. Lot 11 was the only one open and I drove around the lots (closed) and waited to get in for over 30 minutes. Who ever puts the parking info up the web page should make it a little more realistic. No way when you get there for a third game (many of us cant spend all day at the stadium) could you park in lots 5, 6 or 7. Very misleading.

I'm sure Arlington could have put more police officers at the major intersection and red lights and moved traffic much better than it was. Or better use tne ones that were there. Not sure If I'll do that again when there is 4 games and we are the 3rd one of the bunch . . . but probably will and just do it differently next time.

So much for my rant and truly looking forward to the single game Friday night . . . now I just need to find out where the heck this place is.

trojanbacker
11-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Never been there . . . didn't even know UTA had a football stadium. Who's plays there since they do not have a fooball team? Where is it and what's the best way to get there?

I will tell you this, the parking and traffic craziness last night around Jerry World was aweful. Poorly handled and they charge everyone $10. Ridiculous. They must have made $100,000 just on parking yesterday. Anyway, the lots that where posted on the Trojan Footbal website where closed and not accessible at all. Lot 11 was the only one open and I drove around the lots (closed) and waited to get in for over 30 minutes. Who ever puts the parking info up the web page should make it a little more realistic. No way when you get there for a third game (many of us cant spend all day at the stadium) could you park in lots 5, 6 or 7. Very misleading.

I'm sure Arlington could have put more police officers at the major intersection and red lights and moved traffic much better than it was. Or better use tne ones that were there. Not sure If I'll do that again when there is 4 games and we are the 3rd one of the bunch . . . but probably will and just do it differently next time.

So much for my rant and truly looking forward to the single game Friday night . . . now I just need to find out where the heck this place is.

http://www.utamavs.com/directions/txar-directions.html

Trinity Alum
11-21-2010, 10:18 PM

Did you ever stop and think that the person that puts that stuff on the website was maybe given false information? Geeezzz :rolleyes::cool:

LR46
11-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Did you ever stop and think that the person that puts that stuff on the website was maybe given false information? Geeezzz :rolleyes::cool:

Sure, happens all the time. Still doesn't aid the frustration. I'm not finding fault just expressing what I experienced and maybe my post will help a little . . . ya never know. Then again maybe not.

DPaul
11-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Man if anyone was sitting near a loud obnoxious guy with a pony tail that was my brother-in-law and i apologize. I'm going to have a talk with him about that, that he needs to tone it down abit but he's a yankee so he's naturally obnoxious....once again sorry

DPaul
11-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Real good to see Kimpela get a chance to make a play this post season. Another part of our reloading process....I still think we're missing the boat on him not being out there on kick return but who am I to question the greatness of Coach. I love me some Lineweaver.:)

MLB3725
11-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Has #96 Latu been playing a lot this season? Seemed like I saw him a ton last night. He's only a junior so he will get a ton of playing time next year with a good portion of our DL graduating.

DPaul
11-28-2010, 01:43 AM
Has #96 Latu been playing a lot this season? Seemed like I saw him a ton last night. He's only a junior so he will get a ton of playing time next year with a good portion of our DL graduating.

Yes he starts. Not sure what's happened to WaWa (sp). Can anyone tell me if he's injured or not?

stinger
11-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Yes he starts. Not sure what's happened to WaWa (sp). Can anyone tell me if he's injured or not?

I heard grades got him..not sure when he is able to play again.

chhspantherfan
11-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Dimitri Nance with a red zone carry for the Packers.

I didn't realize that they had snatched him off the Falcons practice roster.

DPaul
11-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Dimitri Nance with a red zone carry for the Packers.

I didn't realize that they had snatched him off the Falcons practice roster.

When Grant got hurt earlier in the year for the Packers, they picked Nance up for insurance and he's looking nice so far in this game vs the Falcons.

chhspantherfan
11-28-2010, 12:49 PM
When Grant got hurt earlier in the year for the Packers, they picked Nance up for insurance and he's looking nice so far in this game vs the Falcons.

check out "recent videos" interview from the 24th at the bottom of the link

http://www.packers.com/team/roster/Dimitri-Nance/3bc6ee26-00df-48f9-9443-83383f0e9609

da hawaiian
11-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Speaking of NFL. Guess who was in the Martin pressbox making defensive calls against the Trojans at UTA?

Wade Phillips :heli::D

stinger
11-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Speaking of NFL. Guess who was in the Martin pressbox making defensive calls against the Trojans at UTA?

Wade Phillips :heli::D

Success shows it's head again....

chhspantherfan
11-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Success shows it's head again....

Ouch

Trinity Trojan Fan For Li
12-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Can someone burn me a copy of last night's game? I'd gladly pay you.

My sister changed to Dish Network and I discovered yesterday my DVD player/recorder doesn't work. Darn installer!!! I hope his ears were burning because I was mentally cussing up a storm and then gave bad vibes to the tech operator when I called Dish for help.

TheScout
12-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Can someone burn me a copy of last night's game? I'd gladly pay you.

My sister changed to Dish Network and I discovered yesterday my DVD player/recorder doesn't work. Darn installer!!! I hope his ears were burning because I was mentally cussing up a storm and then gave bad vibes to the tech operator when I called Dish for help.
i heard they might replay it. If not I can burn you a copy from my dvr

DPaul
12-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Man I was so jacked up to go home and watch this game again last night but didnt realize it was live tv and told my sister to dvr the 11pm replay on 21 :(

Trojanalum693
12-05-2010, 12:03 AM
That game was the best game I've ever seen. It narrowly edges out the SLC game in 06. Close seconds are Plano in 2007, and the state Championship game last year.

Trojanalum693
12-05-2010, 12:05 AM
So Its stony point next week at Floyd Casey. This ought to be one heck of a game. I hope we fix our tackling problems.

DPaul
12-05-2010, 12:07 AM
So Its stony point next week at Floyd Casey. This ought to be one heck of a game. I hope we fix our tackling problems.

I keep hearing Floyd Casey but no date and time.

LR46
12-12-2010, 06:56 PM
So is Trinity home or visitors? I guess it only matters if you care what unis they will be wearing. Just curious.

TrojanMom88
12-12-2010, 11:34 PM
So is Trinity home or visitors? I guess it only matters if you care what unis they will be wearing. Just curious.

should be home and wear black.... state championships alternate year to year. This year Region1/2 finalist is home. Since we were visitors last year....

TrinityTrojan08-10
12-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Just wanted to stop by and say hi to all the Trinity fans on the forums!! I'm relatively new (been following the forums since the start of last season but just recently started a profile due to previous complications) and i already love the site! looking forward to many intense FOOTBALL related discussions in the future!!

I graduated Trinity in 2010 and played JV sophomore year and switched between JV and Varsity in the 08 season. I was a LOLB and since Na'a Moeakiola (one of the best defensive players trinity has seen) was our LOLB and in my grade i didn't play much on Varsity but did see some playing time. An unfortunate soccer injury (shoulda just stayed with football hated the soccer coaches anyways) stopped my football career short so i didn't play my senior year (yes watching them win state while not on the team was very aggravating lol):mad:

I still attend all the games that i can make unless i have previous engagements and you will find me going crazy with the students!! (I initiated the field rush after the Coppell win!!)

Great year for the Trojans and many more to come!!!

IAR2 and WIN BY ONE are my favorite mottos ever.

Super B
12-18-2010, 02:04 AM
I just checked.

Shiloh Christian won the Ark. 4A State title.

That's three years in a row Trinity dominated another states eventual State Champ, with their only loss being against Trinity. John Curtis (LA), Bingham (UT), Shiloh Christian (AR).

Texas pride.

BTW, South Jordan (UT) Bingham hasn't lost a game since the 2009 Labor Day 42-21 loss to Trinity. That's two titles in a row for Bingham.

Congratulations to both schools for their accomplishments.

Super B
12-18-2010, 02:07 AM
Just wanted to stop by and say hi to all the Trinity fans on the forums!! I'm relatively new (been following the forums since the start of last season but just recently started a profile due to previous complications) and i already love the site! looking forward to many intense FOOTBALL related discussions in the future!!

I graduated Trinity in 2010 and played JV sophomore year and switched between JV and Varsity in the 08 season. I was a LOLB and since Na'a Moeakiola (one of the best defensive players trinity has seen) was our LOLB and in my grade i didn't play much on Varsity but did see some playing time. An unfortunate soccer injury (shoulda just stayed with football hated the soccer coaches anyways) stopped my football career short so i didn't play my senior year (yes watching them win state while not on the team was very aggravating lol):mad:

I still attend all the games that i can make unless i have previous engagements and you will find me going crazy with the students!! (I initiated the field rush after the Coppell win!!)

Great year for the Trojans and many more to come!!!

IAR2 and WIN BY ONE are my favorite mottos ever.
Welcome to da board.

DPaul
12-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Just think I'll post I'm proud of the Boys. Great year but ultimately fell short of their goals but if you go to enough championship games, you're bound to lose some. Percentages catch up sooner or later. Alil frustrating we couldn't see our Boys put together the perfect game we all know they're capable of. Can't wait to see what we field next year. I'll be at The Pen for Tyler Lee. :cool:

Trojanalum693
12-29-2010, 12:54 AM
Yes a very disappointing loss. I wanted us to win state so bad and finish the run. I'm proud of the way this team played all year long and kept on fighting till the end. A few mistakes less and we take home the title and the #1 ranking. I still believe that we are the best team in the state and that we just had an off game that happened to be the state championship game. I still don't like our defensive schemes of bend don't break and only rush 3 the entire game. Many other problems with game management throughout the game.

MLB3725
01-03-2011, 10:37 AM
This is about the time of year that I start looking at ESPNU, Rivals and even maxpreps to see the accolades that some kids are receiving and to look at what schools are getting the top prospects.

I also follow articles and rankings closely to see if I can find any Trinity kids.

We have 2 lineman on the 2012 watch list, and one on the 2013 watch list.

Here is an "All American" accolade that was given to Brandon Carter...

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1165406

MLB3725
01-13-2011, 08:40 AM
For those that care about Trojans and the next level...

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1135816

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2622

Super B
02-07-2011, 01:47 AM
Dimitri Nance. Super Bowl Champ. Not bad for a rookie.

stinger
02-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Where is the list of signings and commitments? I can't find one. It should have been a good year.

trojanbacker
02-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Here you go, from the school's website. Looks like 11 signed.

http://schoolctr.hebisd.edu/education/school/school.php?sectiondetailid=22

powerofthehaka
03-23-2011, 02:05 PM
2011 Schedule:

Interesting anomaly, they will only play in 2 different stadiums this year.

8/26 Tyler Lee @Pennington
9/2 Abilene @Pennington
9/9 Richland @Pennington
9/16 Irving @Irving Schools
9/23 Heritage @Pennington
9/29 bell @Pennington (visitor)
10/7 Haltom @Pennington
10/14 Nimitz @Irving Schools
10/21 Grapevine @Pennington
10/28 Bye
11/3 MacArthur @Irving Schools

Prediction 4-6

DPaul
03-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Two stadiums only. Wow...well not too crazy about that but its all good. I'll be ready.

Trojanalum693
03-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Two stadiums only. Wow...well not too crazy about that but its all good. I'll be ready.

I am I love playing at the Penn.

And it cuts down on travel expenses as well. I can save up to buy a coke and and a hotdog at a playoff game at Jerryworld. That is if we make the playoffs.

DPaul
03-29-2011, 12:29 PM
I am I love playing at the Penn.

And it cuts down on travel expenses as well. I can save up to buy a coke and and a hotdog at a playoff game at Jerryworld. That is if we make the playoffs.

I hear ya. The thing I like about football season is traveling on occasion but its all good. I do enjoy the occasional trip to Waco during the playoffs. Believe it or not I liked the trip to play Justin Northwest a couple years ago just to play a district game. Just on occasion tho.

Oh u might wana not worry about saving ur money for Jerry's World. With the loss of BC, Tevin, Tusan, Sulieman, Young and Q'niko we might be lucky to win 4 games. I think we may push for the 4th and final spot with Nimitz if we're fortunate.

Trojanalum693
03-29-2011, 05:29 PM
I hear ya. The thing I like about football season is traveling on occasion but its all good. I do enjoy the occasional trip to Waco during the playoffs. Believe it or not I liked the trip to play Justin Northwest a couple years ago just to play a district game. Just on occasion tho.

Oh u might wana not worry about saving ur money for Jerry's World. With the loss of BC, Tevin, Tusan, Sulieman, Young and Q'niko we might be lucky to win 4 games. I think we may push for the 4th and final spot with Nimitz if we're fortunate.

Yeah I do like the occasional road trip. I liked going to Cedar Hill and Allen my senior year to play. I didn't mind driving to Waco this year either. I love going out to Northwest they have a pretty nice stadium. Its way better than going to Keller. Believe it or not I liked the trip out to Odessa in 07 everything about it except for the loss of course.

I agree but even if we don't make the playoffs I'll still be at Jerryworld for those quadruple headers to watch me some TX High School football playoffs.

LR46
03-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Good that we donít have to go sit after trying to park forever and listen to the awful sounds of the Grapevine/Colleyville "announcer". He's an embarrassment to the "profession" but I'm sure just a volunteer at that. So who's complaining . . . I just won't go there any more that's all . . . unless the game really means something.

LR46
03-31-2011, 11:52 AM
Spring practice? Haven't been to one yet . . . too busy but would like to catch a few. In the morning or after school? Thanks , I would assume we have a number of new sophs and juniors.

trojanbacker
03-31-2011, 12:01 PM
Doesn't start until late April.

LR46
03-31-2011, 12:19 PM
No wonder I don't see anything going on when I drive by there once in awhile. Thanks

DPaul
04-26-2011, 01:50 PM
No wonder I don't see anything going on when I drive by there once in awhile. Thanks

Very late response but Yea maybe :D

LR46
05-08-2011, 10:23 AM
I can see by all the posts here that Trinity is in trouble. Outside of Kimpela (we need to find about 3 more of him to replace Carter) we're cooked. Lineweaver's lost his magic mojo as seen in the Pearland game and our O line is pretty much a bunch of untested sandbags that have a hard time getting out there own way. And our defense is like chicken wire stopping water.

Not gonna be fun this year. I understand the game plan is to build for 2012.

chhspantherfan
05-08-2011, 10:25 AM
I can see by all the posts here that Trinity is in trouble. Outside of Kimpela (we need to find about 3 more of him to replace Carter) we're cooked. Lineweaver's lost his magic mojo as seen in the Pearland game and our O line is pretty much a bunch of untested sandbags that have a hard time getting out there own way. And our defense is like chicken wire stopping water.

you don't know much about football, huh? Get out and see a practice, Trinity will be in the hunt again in 2011.

LR46
05-08-2011, 10:32 AM
you don't know much about football, huh? Get out and see a practice, Trinity will be in the hunt again in 2011.I have and this is why I lament. U R right though, I don't know much about football X' and O's but makeup for it by sheer enthusiastic determination. Good thing though, if I knew a whole lot about football I'd really be hard to deal with . . . :cool:

KT2000
05-22-2011, 04:04 PM
I was having a discussion about Trinity linebackers today with chill, and I mentioned the Pahulu class. When was his senior year? 02?

TrojanHorse03
05-22-2011, 06:03 PM
I was having a discussion about Trinity linebackers today with chill, and I mentioned the Pahulu class. When was his senior year? 02?

02 was a very quick group with Brendan Pahulu, Nasio Toutai, Mario Morgan at MLB, with Tommy Taggart to offer a bigger MLB option. Brendan's senior year in 03 Trinity ran a 3-4 led by him and Taggart. That linebacker duo was comparable to Nasio and Brendan in 02, but the 02 linebacker group overall was a notch better. But the defensive trio of Pahulu, Taggart, and Desmond Williams at safety was one of the better ones at Trinity.

Bill4par
05-22-2011, 07:16 PM

I'm gonna give you a free pass from your comments. I don't believe them. ET has been so good for so long, it is more than luck. Lineweaver & Co are teachers of kids. Some kids have less talent then others , but the coaches teach them to compete. it's not an accident that you have been so good for so long...:notworthy

trojanbacker
06-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Two players that I've never heard of are receiving a lot of attention. Is anyone familiar with Will Taylor (TE) or Alex Bolden (LB)?

MLB3725
07-07-2011, 11:52 AM
02 was a very quick group with Brendan Pahulu, Nasio Toutai, Mario Morgan at MLB, with Tommy Taggart to offer a bigger MLB option. Brendan's senior year in 03 Trinity ran a 3-4 led by him and Taggart. That linebacker duo was comparable to Nasio and Brendan in 02, but the 02 linebacker group overall was a notch better. But the defensive trio of Pahulu, Taggart, and Desmond Williams at safety was one of the better ones at Trinity.

A major change between 02 and 03 was the defensive scheme.

If I remember correctly, Trinity ran a 4-3 in 02 and ran a 3-4 in 03. After the 3-4 experiment in the 03 season you really started to see the D-line by Coach T take over. He started using 5-6 man rotations on the front more, and kept everyone fresh. I dont know if the swap in defense was due to coaching personell, or maybe they felt the 3-4 scheme was better for the players we had on D at that time.

I dont know when we actually switched back to the 4-3, but I know it made the 03 season particularly interesting due to the new scheme and learning a new system.

The class with Pahulu, Taggart and Williams went through 3 defensive coordinators. I could have the spelling wrong, but I believe it went Pafford, Gee and then Tryon. Tryon had been with Trinity, but until 03 he had only been the D-line coach.

02 starting LB core - Brendan Pahulu, Nasio Toutai, Mario Morgan
03 starting LB core - Brendan Pahulu, Tommy Taggart, Ryan Denton, Mike Kader and I believe Jordan Jones got a good amount of playing time as a 5th LB.

I would take the defensive trio of Pahulu, Taggart and Desmond Williams with any defensive trio Trinity has ever had.

Williams got a D1 scholoarship to Arkansas, Pahulu a D1 scholoarship to Houston and now plays Arena Football and Taggart got a scholoarship to Midwestern, later transfering to OU and now plays Arena Football as well.

stinger
08-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Okay guys... what are we looking at this year. I hear some new names and expectations. What's the story? I think it is great we are under the radar as this will allow us to do some stuff. I hear about two tight end that may wreak havoc on teams. Are we stable at running back? I think this is possible the best "overall" defense we could ask for. Is our offense enough to get the results we are used to? What is our offensive strength? I hear we have a tall, very accurate QB and Kautai might be somewhere else...true? Just a few questions I hope someone can disguise with answers.

Troj_OP81
08-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Okay guys... what are we looking at this year. I hear some new names and expectations. What's the story? I think it is great we are under the radar as this will allow us to do some stuff. I hear about two tight end that may wreak havoc on teams. Are we stable at running back? I think this is possible the best "overall" defense we could ask for. Is our offense enough to get the results we are used to? What is our offensive strength? I hear we have a tall, very accurate QB and Kautai might be somewhere else...true? Just a few questions I hope someone can disguise with answers.

Friday nite I talked to my neighbor kid that's on varsity this year and he said the coaches are still moving people around and getting them looks in different positions. He said we have a few boyz that are still rehabbing from some injuries and will be brought in slowly. Defensive (which he plays) looks good, he said we are pretty set on that side of the ball. Offensive still has some work to do.

trojanbacker
08-10-2011, 05:04 PM

We're three practices in, so who knows really?

My guess is that they will be pretty salty on the defensive side but it might be a few games before the offense figures things out. Lots of new kids on that side of the ball. You know how SL is; he will keep thing simple and basic at first and slowly bring the team along, trying lots of player combinations out in those first games. May not see much of the double reverse or pass off the reverse this year....or will we? I've heard nothing but good things about these kids and their work ethic and attitude. They may surprise some folks along the way.

chhspantherfan
08-10-2011, 05:23 PM
We're three practices in, so who knows really?

My guess is that they will be pretty salty on the defensive side but it might be a few games before the offense figures things out. Lots of new kids on that side of the ball. You know how SL is; he will keep thing simple and basic at first and slowly bring the team along, trying lots of player combinations out in those first games. May not see much of the double reverse or pass off the reverse this year....or will we? I've heard nothing but good things about these kids and their work ethic and attitude. They may surprise some folks along the way.

greenhorns maybe

MLB3725
08-17-2011, 03:07 PM
If you miss Brandon Carter this season, make sure to check out a TCU game. I am hearing nothing but good things about what he is doing at football practice over in Fort Worth. He could be an impact true freshman for the Frogs!

Trojanalum693
08-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Lineweaver is always trying new player combinations and adding in new things so nothing is new there. What scares me is the QB situation. Usually by the end of spring we know who the QB for trinity is going to be. Not the case this year.

DaveSL
08-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Picts from todays scrimmage....... It was HOT!!!!!!!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/th_323C9240.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/323C9240.jpg)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/th_323C9181.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/323C9181.jpg)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/th_323C9078.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/323C9078.jpg)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/th_323C9059.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/323C9059.jpg)

DaveSL
08-20-2011, 11:26 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/th_323C9379.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/323C9379.jpg)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/th_323C9357.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/323C9357.jpg)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/th_323C9326.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/323C9326.jpg)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/th_323C9294.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/323C9294.jpg)

DaveSL
08-20-2011, 11:29 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/th_323C8837.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/323C8837.jpg)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/th_323C8826.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/323C8826.jpg)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/th_323C8820.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/323C8820.jpg)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/th_323C8813.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/323C8813.jpg)

DPaul
08-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Friday nite I talked to my neighbor kid that's on varsity this year and he said the coaches are still moving people around and getting them looks in different positions. He said we have a few boyz that are still rehabbing from some injuries and will be brought in slowly. Defensive (which he plays) looks good, he said we are pretty set on that side of the ball. Offensive still has some work to do. No word on QB, I asked if they are going with Kautai and he shrugged his shoulders then changed the subject - so there may be something brewing there.

I don't think we should post material like this but that's just my opinion. I just think kids read this stuff and no need to stir up the pot. These are high school kids we're talkin about and i think people are too hard on Kautai.

trojanbacker
08-22-2011, 03:16 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/th_323C8837.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/323C8837.jpg)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/th_323C8826.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/323C8826.jpg)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/th_323C8820.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/323C8820.jpg)http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/th_323C8813.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/outtatowner/2011%20Trinity%20Football/Trinity%20Houston%20Scrimmage/323C8813.jpg)

Hey DaveSL....how did you get these shots? Were you down on the field?

E-Vol-ution
08-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Greetings Trojans.....I see our sub varsities play again this week with the JV at Bowie and freshmen at Euless Jr. High. Anybody coming out to Bowie?

LR46
08-23-2011, 06:48 PM
I know I've been away for awhile cleansing myself but did I see somewhere that Brandon Carter is at TCU? I though he was goiing to OU!!! What happened?

Not that its a bad thing. He may get more playing time at TCU. Interesting. I may have to pull for him now, since I am a reborn TCU fan. Heck fire man, I'm reborn in just about anytihng you can think of including a new job finally after 15 months.

Ready for the Trojan Train to slowly gather steam as the run the rack down the track. Now if only the heat would go away. Life would almost be truly sane again. Sorry, I go carried away . . . this is a HS football forum.

Anyway back to Carter . . . very interesting if its true.

powerofthehaka
08-23-2011, 07:02 PM
I don't think we should post material like this but that's just my opinion. I just think kids read this stuff and no need to stir up the pot. These are high school kids we're talkin about and i think people are too hard on Kautai.

Agreed!

LR46
08-23-2011, 08:54 PM
I like Kautai. He's short and doesn't have a "pro arm". But I like the way he handles himself and the team and he can run when he has to or is designed to. If he has matured he can take Trinity a long way. Besides when did Trinity ever need a "pro arm" QB anyway.

Go get'em Kautai . . . show all of us what ya got!! I'm one of your biggest fans!!!!

Comanche
08-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Geeeez! this week is going by super slow!!!!!!! c'mon Friday night!

Troj_OP81
08-24-2011, 04:15 PM

DONE! I meant no harm in this post and I hope nobody reads anything into it. I too like Kautai and I think he gives a great chance this year.

E-Vol-ution
08-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Anybody know the scores of our subvarsity games last evening?

TrinityTrojan80
08-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Anybody know the scores of our subvarsity games last evening?

I still do not know, I asked about the scores at the varsity game but no one knew.

DPaul
08-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Since im near the Mesquite area I think ima swing by and support the jv team Thursday evening vs Horn.

chhspantherfan
08-28-2011, 07:14 AM
I know I've been away for awhile cleansing myself but did I see somewhere that Brandon Carter is at TCU? I though he was goiing to OU!!! What happened?

Not that its a bad thing. He may get more playing time at TCU. Interesting. I may have to pull for him now, since I am a reborn TCU fan. Heck fire man, I'm reborn in just about anytihng you can think of including a new job finally after 15 months.

Ready for the Trojan Train to slowly gather steam as the run the rack down the track. Now if only the heat would go away. Life would almost be truly sane again. Sorry, I go carried away . . . this is a HS football forum.

Anyway back to Carter . . . very interesting if its true.

Brandon has been on board since signing day. congrats on the job.

Receiver Brandon Carter, from Euless Trinity, is the lone true freshman listed as a starter. Twelve true freshmen are listed on the depth chart.
Gary Patterson has said that six or seven true freshmen might play this season, which would be the most he has played in one season.
Other freshmen listed are right tackle Bobby Thompson, third-team quarterback Trevone Boykin and defensive tackles Chuck Hunter and Jon Lewis. Cam White, LaDarius Brown, David Bush and David Porter are all listed as second-team receivers. Redshirt freshman Sam Carter is set to start at strong safety.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/08/27/3318672/cowboys-stadium-provides-cool.html#ixzz1WKDVG3HD

DPaul
09-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Trojan JV 39
Horn JV 20
F

Im not familiar with the names on the jv teams but my prayers go out to the young kid who suffered a severe leg injury tonight. I want to say his name was Navajo or something of that nature. Get well soon kiddo.

steve_clements
09-02-2011, 11:35 AM
new uniforms are impressive.

trojanbacker
09-02-2011, 11:42 AM
new uniforms are impressive.

Saw them and I think a lot of fans will be shocked. I kind of like them, but need to let my eyes get used to all that red.....

Matthew 2000 Eagle
09-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Saw them and I think a lot of fans will be shocked. I kind of like them, but need to let my eyes get used to all that red.....

I'm guessing that these are the new Nike Pro Combat uniforms that Trinity will be wearing?

Does anyone have a picture?

Matthew 2000 Eagle
09-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Nevermind...I just saw it.

Can someone tell me when was the last time a Trinity Trojan team wore that much red?

Matthew 2000 Eagle
09-02-2011, 12:03 PM
http://www.texashsfootball.com/images11/news/images/trinityuniform1.jpg

09-02-2011, 12:20 PM
OMG! Bring back the black!

Matthew 2000 Eagle
09-02-2011, 12:22 PM
OMG! Bring back the black!

:rofl:

I think it looks good. On another note, you don't mess with tradition.

09-02-2011, 01:06 PM

I think it looks good. On another note, you don't mess with tradition.

Especially since Trinity's motto is "Back the Black."

afumbler
09-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Looks more orange than red. I think those rank among the ugliest uniforms I've seen in my life. It's a good thing nobody cares what I think. If Trinity loses I hope they get rid of those things.

E-Vol-ution
09-02-2011, 02:28 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20110902-trinityjersey3.jpg.ece/ALTERNATES/w440/DSC_1194.JPG

um.....no.:cool:

TeezUp
09-02-2011, 02:39 PM
they look much more red in person and really the technology behind the uniforms is amazing, plus the fact that we're the first high school in the country to be getting what is typically reserved for large D1 colleges...and the players were so excited when they saw these

DPaul
09-03-2011, 01:00 PM
I liked the all red unis but prefer the all black but its good to switch it up every now and then.

Can someone post the Trinity/Skyline jv score?

TrinityTrojan08-10
09-03-2011, 05:27 PM
I liked these jerseys for a new change, i actually saw the idea posted outside the coaches office in 2008 when i was on the team and was excited to see them and never heard anything again. Would like to see a little more black maybe bigger numbers or extending the pants stripe up the side of the jersey but overall cool idea.

stinger
09-03-2011, 06:22 PM

Now it's "Dread the Red!"

JK

LR46
09-04-2011, 09:15 PM
The new uniforms look AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Sharp!!

allendad
09-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Now y'all might actually win a game !

Super B
09-05-2011, 01:16 AM
I wouldn't call that their Motto. Just a saying.

Actual Trinity Motto: Responsibility, Pride, Determination make Trinity different.

Super B
09-05-2011, 01:21 AM
The new uniforms look AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Sharp!!
Don't tell Trinity 94 UNT 2000 that. He'll give you an eye-full about how evil Nike is.

09-05-2011, 05:28 PM
I wouldn't call that their Motto. Just a saying.

Actual Trinity Motto: Responsibility, Pride, Determination make Trinity different.

Football motto. :Censor:
A lot of my t-shirts read "Back the Black," not "Responsibility..."

bigdaddydog
09-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Don't tell Trinity 94 UNT 2000 that. He'll give you an eye-full about how evil Nike is.

I think that Bro-stache is going to his head. Good luck! :D

It's like Nike done stole your White "away unis" and dunked em in a big vat of Fruit Punch Gatorade.

I'll say this, the opposing QB's will have no excuse if they throw a pick. There will be no "I didn't see the DB coming up Coach" HA!!

If the kids like em that should be good enough. Enjoy!!

~

powerofthehaka
09-05-2011, 09:22 PM

It's like Nike done stole your White "away unis" and dunked em in a big vat of Fruit Punch Gatorade. I'll say this, the opposing QB's will have no excuse if they throw a pick. There will be no "I didn't see the DB coming up Coach" HA!!

~

Best analogy yet!:notworthy

TeezUp
09-06-2011, 11:14 PM
I liked the all red unis but prefer the all black but its good to switch it up every now and then.

Can someone post the Trinity/Skyline jv score?

I try to get the scores posted by the weekend, you can check under the JV tab on this page http://www.ttfbc.com/Schedule.aspx but they lost 10-14.

trojanbacker
09-13-2011, 01:17 PM

It's like Nike done stole your White "away unis" and dunked em in a big vat of Fruit Punch Gatorade.
I'll say this, the opposing QB's will have no excuse if they throw a pick. There will be no "I didn't see the DB coming up Coach" HA!!

~

That is hilarious. :rofl:

Count me as one old guy who actually likes the red. They are not replacing the white...or black.....and will be used sparingly. The players love them.

Perhaps more importantly, for a school that has trouble funding things like uniforms, the $25k in uniforms is much appreciated....as is the $25k Nike gave to the school's Angel Fund from tshirt sales.

trojanbacker
09-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Heard that we may actually be at full strength defensively for the first time this year on Friday night. Good news for Trinity, not so much for Irving.

DPaul
09-17-2011, 12:11 PM
I try to get the scores posted by the weekend, you can check under the JV tab on this page http://www.ttfbc.com/Schedule.aspx but they lost 10-14.

Thanks Teez

DPaul
09-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Still wet

Back to Back 64-0 shutout wins. Interesting.

DPaul
09-17-2011, 12:16 PM
We got 2 more games @ Irving Schools Stadium so lets hope the PA announcer guy swallows his food before he talks. Cudnt understand a word he was saying.

trojanbacker
09-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Weird couple of back-to-back games. I don't really know what we have yet because the starters aren't in the game long enough to really get a feel for things. We'll find out a lot more about this team over the next two weeks.

Super B
09-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Weird couple of back-to-back games. I don't really know what we have yet because the starters aren't in the game long enough to really get a feel for things. We'll find out a lot more about this team over the next two weeks.
Let's face it. 6-5A is weak. Anytime the Irving schools are in a district with Trinity/Bell, the district is weak. On top of that, we have the Birdville schools in the district at the same time. I say that because I want to point out that, in the past, this has never been a problem for Trinity. Despite playing in weak districts, come playoff time, Trinity does not feel the effect of it, and plays up to their full capability.

1,000th post

stinger
09-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Guys, there is a lot of smash talk about Trinity. Seems everybody is waiting in the trenches for times like this to diss the coaches and team. This even includes some supposed Trinity supporters(?). At least they claim to be such. I have been a little too over the top in my responses sometimes to comments from a certain few posters. But especially one or two of them has made comments to posters from other teams that are also Trinity fans. They are also personal friends. I my self get frustrated with some of the play at the game and it transcends to here. However, I will never blame the coaches for all that happens. After all, they are there to facilitate the training and the boys are there to perform. Sometimes, it can be a combination of the player and the coach, but that happens at ALL levels of sports. We all need to stop once in awhile and take a breath. It will be okay and the boys will perform to their best. Who cares about rankings? They are a personal analogy done by someone who has a personal vendetta, whether he admits it or not. Cal Preps and Massey had us picked to lose...oops. None of the Big Boys who supposedly are football gurus has sat in a game here and been able to see what the teams can do.I am very comfortable in the thought that if Trinity met Colleyville in the playoffs, there would be no question at the end. Trinity would be ready, and would deliver.
I won't name the few posters I am referring to, but we all know who they are. We are better off sticking together and letting those few weed themselves out. I will be here in the end.

powerofthehaka
09-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Guys, there is a lot of smash talk about Trinity. Seems everybody is waiting in the trenches for times like this to diss the coaches and team. This even includes some supposed Trinity supporters(?). At least they claim to be such. I have been a little too over the top in my responses sometimes to comments from a certain few posters. But especially one or two of them has made comments to posters from other teams that are also Trinity fans. They are also personal friends. I my self get frustrated with some of the play at the game and it transcends to here. However, I will never blame the coaches for all that happens. After all, they are there to facilitate the training and the boys are there to perform. Sometimes, it can be a combination of the player and the coach, but that happens at ALL levels of sports. We all need to stop once in awhile and take a breath. It will be okay and the boys will perform to their best. Who cares about rankings? They are a personal analogy done by someone who has a personal vendetta, whether he admits it or not. Cal Preps and Massey had us picked to lose...oops. None of the Big Boys who supposedly are football gurus has sat in a game here and been able to see what the teams can do.I am very comfortable in the thought that if Trinity met Colleyville in the playoffs, there would be no question at the end. Trinity would be ready, and would deliver.
I won't name the few posters I am referring to, but we all know who they are. We are better off sticking together and letting those few weed themselves out. I will be here in the end.

Do you wnat me to name them?:D
One of them has a 70's porn moustache.

stinger
09-25-2011, 08:09 AM
One of them has a 70's porn moustache.

Yep, that is ONE of them. Where do they come from? Are they infiltrators that have a mission to do certain things? I realize that sometimes I can take things a little too far, and I will work on that. But Friday night one of the other posters took it WAY TOO FAR with pantherfan, who is also a TRinity supporter, and a good guy. He just wouldn't leave him alone. I got my warning from the mod, but he still found a way to start again. These posters seem to disappear, and resurface at times, like the flu.

DPaul
09-27-2011, 09:24 PM
So im hearing red tops and black pants. Can anyone confirm this?

TrinityTrojan08-10
09-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Saw something about Red tops and black pants in the forums but just a random thought from a poster nothing i took seriously, i think they could look good though, however i think black tops with red pants would look the best.

LR46
10-07-2011, 09:26 PM
One of them has a 70's porn moustache.You like that mustache . . . wish ya had one and the jewels to go with it? You can get them at Party City for $2 I think but mine is real in that picture. I too, am a true blue Trinity Fan (like it or not boys), will be here 'till the end. In fact way donw deep a much better fan than any of you. Your Trinity fan clique is sick, thinking a few of you are holier than thou. Most of you have a red and black pole stuck up your butt and that belittles all you think you stand for.

Problem is, you don't know me and never will as I sit next to you or behind or infront of you in the stands and cheer as loud or louder than you do for the Trojans. Keep playing slap happy with yourselves pretending to be the elite Trinity fans. Feel good? Get a life.

I ain't going anywhere, so either ignore me, or put up with me. Your choice . . . either one is fine with me since I have no pole to affect how I walk down the stair after a game. Most of you take this forum and HS football waaaaay too seriously. Get a life, sorry I already said that. I for one like to have a little more fun with it.

The real thing is, you can't take a little criticism over our precious Trojans. Sad. Enjoy the game tonight, I'll sit this one out and probably the next . . . then again maybe not. I might even surprise you and give you a high five at the next game I come to but I'll leave my 70's porn mustache at home so you're not too inhibited.

And I thought this was a Trojan Team Thread about football not about lame presumptions of people that you have no clue about and never will. Even more sad. Grow up.

To end this for me, the mere fact that y'all allow me to get under your precious black and red skin so much and so easily says volumes about your make up. Done with this childish crap . . . over and out for now anyway. :yes::heli::yes::heli:

Bill4par
10-07-2011, 10:03 PM

Stinger....I feel your pain bro...same venamous BS from the Allen threads heaped on them. It's all good. Everyone started with the same fair shot to be playing in December.

chhspantherfan
10-07-2011, 11:39 PM
http://www.netacorp.com/images/disclaimer.jpg

Congrats on the win. Good luck the rest of the way. Pantherfan is awful tired of all the pettiness in these threads and while LR46 is an acquaintance of mine, don't ever think that I am smart enough to set that up. His Assessments are pretty good without the BS commentary. (that will cost you a bottle of the good stuff) Stinger is an acquaintance of mine also and enjoy his stories and golf home course. (that will cost you a green fee;))

You guys need to schedule a counseling session with Dr Pantherfan I think:rolleyes:

LR46
10-08-2011, 11:01 AM
http://www.netacorp.com/images/disclaimer.jpg

Congrats on the win. Good luck the rest of the way. (1) Pantherfan is awful tired of all the pettiness in these threads and while LR46 is an acquaintance of mine, don't ever think that I am smart enough to set that up. His Assessments are pretty good without the BS commentary. (that will cost you a bottle of the good stuff) Stinger is an acquaintance of mine also and enjoy his stories and golf home course. (that will cost you a green fee;))

(2) You guys need to schedule a counseling session with Dr Pantherfan I think:rolleyes:(1) You got'em just to say you know me and as soon as I recover from 15 months of little if any income, (at least another 15 months), I'll replace what ya got me some time back. (2) Can't afford it. Be well. And anonymity rules.

TrinityTrojan08-10
10-10-2011, 12:13 AM
You like that mustache . . . wish ya had one and the jewels to go with it? You can get them at Party City for $2 I think but mine is real in that picture. I too, am a true blue Trinity Fan (like it or not boys), will be here 'till the end. In fact way donw deep a much better fan than any of you. Your Trinity fan clique is sick, thinking a few of you are holier than thou. Most of you have a red and black pole stuck up your butt and that belittles all you think you stand for.

Problem is, you don't know me and never will as I sit next to you or behind or infront of you in the stands and cheer as loud or louder than you do for the Trojans. Keep playing slap happy with yourselves pretending to be the elite Trinity fans. Feel good? Get a life.

I ain't going anywhere, so either ignore me, or put up with me. Your choice . . . either one is fine with me since I have no pole to affect how I walk down the stair after a game. Most of you take this forum and HS football waaaaay too seriously. Get a life, sorry I already said that. I for one like to have a little more fun with it.

The real thing is, you can't take a little criticism over our precious Trojans. Sad. Enjoy the game tonight, I'll sit this one out and probably the next . . . then again maybe not. I might even surprise you and give you a high five at the next game I come to but I'll leave my 70's porn mustache at home so you're not too inhibited.

And I thought this was a Trojan Team Thread about football not about lame presumptions of people that you have no clue about and never will. Even more sad. Grow up.

To end this for me, the mere fact that y'all allow me to get under your precious black and red skin so much and so easily says volumes about your make up. Done with this childish crap . . . over and out for now anyway. :yes::heli::yes::heli:

Not trying to start anything up with you, but from everything ive seen on the forums it seems to me that some of the trojan fans that have gotten upset with you have not been upset about you criticizing the team but more that the things you criticize honestly make it seem like you have no understanding of the game. It seems like you try to criticize the better parts of the team and not the areas we truly need work on.

Like i said i have no quarrell with you i just noticed that everytime someone gets upset it seems to be about what your criticizing not that you are.

TeezUp
10-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Not trying to start anything up with you, but from everything ive seen on the forums it seems to me that some of the trojan fans that have gotten upset with you have not been upset about you criticizing the team but more that the things you criticize honestly make it seem like you have no understanding of the game. It seems like you try to criticize the better parts of the team and not the areas we truly need work on.

Like i said i have no quarrell with you i just noticed that everytime someone gets upset it seems to be about what your criticizing not that you are.

My problem is typically in how he criticizes, not what he criticizes. And when he gets a little personal too, but other than that I don't suppose he's so bad.

LR46
10-10-2011, 08:58 AM
My problem is typically in how he criticizes, not what he criticizes. And when he gets a little personal too, but other than that I don't suppose he's so bad.If anyone who cares would go back and read my original posts, I have never made my criticism personal about amy of the posters until they made it personal towards me first.

Simple, call it critcism or not, I put up my opinions about the team, the way the team is playing and the way the coaches are coaching. It's my opinion and anyone has the right to ignore it, agree with it or disagree and post back about my points on the team and coaching.

My focus is on the team and the coaches until the posters start ragging on me. Of course, I will respond in kind. My opinion is that most, not all, Trinithy fans are too thin skinned when anyone says anything slightly negative about the team or coaches. WHY? Ya got me. That's what this forum is all about posting opinions about Texas HS football not about each other. But if many like to focus on me and "how I say it", go ahead but it's a waste of time.

Lastly, and I've said this before . . . nobody is a bigger fan of Trinity than I am. Euless is no my home and will avidly support my hometown teams. My grandson is a senior at Trinity now and I have nothing but good things to say about Euless and Trinity. I had the great opportunity to live in Plano for 21 years and got hooked on HS football during some of the glory days of the Wildcats. I've been around the game long enough to know enough to be able to see basic lacks and areas that need improvement. I know good HS football when I see it. I've watched and "studied" Trojan football for 6 years now. Am I a true football x and o guy? No I am not and don't pretend to be. Am I an avid sports fan and athlete of many other comepetitive sports? Yes for over 50 years, I started in the womb :rofl:.

Heckfire man, I want the Trojans to win every game and take State every year and be the most recognized HS program in the US. Is Lineweaver a good coach? No, he's a great coach . . . one of the best if not the best ever IMHO. He's a great teacher and person as well.

Anyway, I too have no personal beef with anyone here or any player or any coach or any fan . . . I just call it like I see it and will continue to do so. To me a true fan is one that can criticize them and still love'em.

Enjoy Columbus Day. I'm off and am looking forward to watching the Rangers win game two.

TeezUp
10-11-2011, 08:12 AM
If anyone who cares would go back and read my original posts, I have never made my criticism personal about amy of the posters until they made it personal towards me first.

Simple, call it critcism or not, I put up my opinions about the team, the way the team is playing and the way the coaches are coaching. It's my opinion and anyone has the right to ignore it, agree with it or disagree and post back about my points on the team and coaching.

My focus is on the team and the coaches until the posters start ragging on me. Of course, I will respond in kind. My opinion is that most, not all, Trinithy fans are too thin skinned when anyone says anything slightly negative about the team or coaches. WHY? Ya got me. That's what this forum is all about posting opinions about Texas HS football not about each other. But if many like to focus on me and "how I say it", go ahead but it's a waste of time.

Lastly, and I've said this before . . . nobody is a bigger fan of Trinity than I am. Euless is no my home and will avidly support my hometown teams. My grandson is a senior at Trinity now and I have nothing but good things to say about Euless and Trinity. I had the great opportunity to live in Plano for 21 years and got hooked on HS football during some of the glory days of the Wildcats. I've been around the game long enough to know enough to be able to see basic lacks and areas that need improvement. I know good HS football when I see it. I've watched and "studied" Trojan football for 6 years now. Am I a true football x and o guy? No I am not and don't pretend to be. Am I an avid sports fan and athlete of many other comepetitive sports? Yes for over 50 years, I started in the womb :rofl:.

Heckfire man, I want the Trojans to win every game and take State every year and be the most recognized HS program in the US. Is Lineweaver a good coach? No, he's a great coach . . . one of the best if not the best ever IMHO. He's a great teacher and person as well.

Anyway, I too have no personal beef with anyone here or any player or any coach or any fan . . . I just call it like I see it and will continue to do so. To me a true fan is one that can criticize them and still love'em.

Enjoy Columbus Day. I'm off and am looking forward to watching the Rangers win game two.

Here's why - for some on this board Trinity football is family. For some posters on here we've known each other for several years, eaten meals together, had parties together, been to weddings and memorial services for each others loved ones, etc. Some of us put our own blood, sweat and tears into this program, often for multiple years and some of us don't have a child or grandchild on the team or anywhere near Trinity. We've gotten to know the coaches and sometimes players like family too. So when someone comes on here stating the obvious in a manner that seems to call out the coaching staff (our family) we get a little upset. I've seen the replies to your posts and they don't even compare to some of the things I've seen on this board. So there's your why - we care about each other, we care about the team, we care about the coaches and don't feel the need to blast things on a public message board forum...now does that mean we don't get together and do the same thing? You should've been at a certain house in the area a week or two after last year's state loss :rofl: we might as well have been shooting out TV's ;)

I'm not so sure about that...I may have you beat on the biggest Trinity fan part, for reasons I won't get into.

LR46
10-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Here's why - for some on this board Trinity football is family. For some posters on here we've known each other for several years, eaten meals together, had parties together, been to weddings and memorial services for each others loved ones, etc. Some of us put our own blood, sweat and tears into this program, often for multiple years and some of us don't have a child or grandchild on the team or anywhere near Trinity. We've gotten to know the coaches and sometimes players like family too. So when someone comes on here stating the obvious in a manner that seems to call out the coaching staff (our family) we get a little upset. I've seen the replies to your posts and they don't even compare to some of the things I've seen on this board. So there's your why - we care about each other, we care about the team, we care about the coaches and don't feel the need to blast things on a public message board forum...now does that mean we don't get together and do the same thing? You should've been at a certain house in the area a week or two after last year's state loss :rofl: we might as well have been shooting out TV's ;)

I'm not so sure about that...I may have you beat on the biggest Trinity fan part, for reasons I won't get into.I can understand and appreciate all that you said. I will remain a loyal fan even though as an "outsider" looking in. No problem here.

TeezUp
10-11-2011, 08:07 PM
I can understand and appreciate all that you said. I will remain a loyal fan even though as an "outsider" looking in. No problem here.
Thanks. I'm actually starting to think you're not that bad :eek: ;)

Super B
10-11-2011, 11:20 PM
I can't believe I am being sucked into this.

A "certain poster" is on my ignore list. Has been since after the Heritage game. It would be best for anyone who has a problem with him to put him on your ignore list. He suggested that himself and it has been preached to us by the moderators. It amazes me people do not utilize this function. If all the Trojan fans put this poster on their ignore list, the joy would be sucked out of his typing fingers so fast it would make his hour glass spin. :rofl: Unfortunately even when someone is ignored, you can still see their comments when someone quotes them. However, I have made the choice not to respond to any of his commentary.

This person is rude, condescending, obnoxious and extremely arrogant. It has very little to do with his underlying criticisms of the team, though he could use some tact. He is the pure definition of an internet troll. He proudly hides behind his anonymity and spouts all kinds of insults our way. He starts trouble, then claims to be innocent. He has no interest in making friends with the Trinity folks. He has a strong desire to prove his worth, constantly telling us he knows football and was an athlete and all. I have no respect for him.

I can fire shots with the best of them. :Censor: I have at times. I try to rise above it. I do not always succeed, but for the most part I do alright. A man with integrity does not stoop to the level of an internet troll. Jesus said, "Turn the other cheek." and "Beloved, let us love one another.". Then there is the Golden Rule. It would be nice if we would all put these sayings into practice on this board.

I may remove this post later, but for now, it felt good writing it. Remember, a certain someone is on my ignore list, in case he was thinking of responding. :D

TrinityTrojan80
10-11-2011, 11:53 PM
I won't quote you little brother (Super_B) but you spoke the truth. I believe as a group, we should never quote FF~or whatever his new name is. I still do think he is a good guy and very knowledgeable on football. The negatives are that he is relentless and has to have the last word. I keep wanting him to change it around but he picks on people or in our case anyone from Trinity.

I have put him on the ignore list and I will never quote him. That way unless some else quotes him I will not be reading anything he writes.

MALAMEDICINA
10-12-2011, 12:07 AM
On a brighter note. Have you guys seen some of the new footage on CJ Hicks from Euless Jr High. Looking pretty good for a freshman, a bit small, but has some growing to do still. Check out some of the size at Euless Jr., and Centrals Jr Highs pursuit of CJ. we got a bright future.

I didnt want to post this on the main board, since I didnt want to stir anything from anybody. Just between us. You are welcome to share this with anybody, since it is a public board. enjoy:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6WllqLNOC8

Super B
10-12-2011, 03:03 AM
I won't quote you little brother (Super_B) but you spoke the truth. I believe as a group, we should never quote FF~or whatever his new name is. I still do think he is a good guy and very knowledgeable on football. The negatives are that he is relentless and has to have the last word. I keep wanting him to change it around but he picks on people or in our case anyone from Trinity.

I have put him on the ignore list and I will never quote him. That way unless some else quotes him I will not be reading anything he writes.
I actually wasn't talking about FF. I do have some respect for FF. Go back and re-read the 2nd half of the previous page. The poster in question has some post there too. It shouldn't be hard to figure out.

TeezUp
10-12-2011, 09:25 PM
So...what do y'all think about Irving Nimitz?

TeezUp
10-12-2011, 11:07 PM
They are known as the Vikings and they have one outstanding player that may be back in the line-up. I don't know his name. Nimitz H. S. has a Planetarium on campus. Every year in elementary we would go on a field trip there.

Fascinating about the planetarium...I'm just hoping there is no rain or lightning on Friday night. Last time there was kind of a :Censor:. From where I sat it looked like they replaced the old dilapidated wooden bleachers on the visitors side at ISS, is that true?

LR46
10-13-2011, 08:16 AM
Lets hope we pass a bunch (slants, go routes, post, screens, and some play action) and and work on the little things that have plagued us in past games. Penalties, holding on to the ball, defending against the deep routes, etc.

Who cares about the score. If we lose it will be a humongous upset. Although we do go out of the comfortable confines of our home court.

GO TROJANS!!! Don't get too fat with all these cupcakes . . . the main course is only about a month away. Lets take care of bidnezz. :D

Not to overlook thie game but I'm much more interested in the Grapevine game coming up.

TeezUp
10-13-2011, 08:28 AM
Lets hope we pass a bunch (slants, go routes, post, screens, and some play action) and and work on the little things that have plagued us in past games. Penalties, holding on to the ball, defending against the deep routes, etc.

Who cares about the score. If we lose it will be a humongous upset. Although we do go out of the comfortable confines of our home court.

GO TROJANS!!! Don't get too fat with all these cupcakes . . . the main course is only about a month away. Lets take care of bidnezz. :D

Not to overlook thie game but I'm much more interested in the Grapevine game coming up.

We are talking about Trinity High School in Euless right? :D

LR46
10-13-2011, 08:32 AM
We are talking about Trinity High School in Euless right? :DOh crapiola, I thought this was the CHHS Thread.:rofl:

jc84chill
10-13-2011, 04:45 PM
SuperB does make a good suggestion re: the ignore feature in general. There's no need to allow yourself to be run off a message board because of a single poster, especially when there are measures available to help the situation.

With that said, let's continue with talk of the Trojans. Thanks guys. :)

LR46
10-14-2011, 09:09 AM
So what will we see tonight with the Trojans against Irving Nimitz besides a victory? Of course without giving any secrets away, since I'm sure the Nimitz coaches are dialed into this Team Thread.:rolleyes:

trojanbacker
10-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Maybe some sign of a passing game?

Continue to improve in all areas.

No injuries.

LR46
10-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Maybe some sign of a passing game?

Continue to improve in all areas.

No injuries.This would spell going in the right direction. I'd like to see 8-10 passes each half with a couple TD's coming from them. If we get intercepted and it does not play into the final score, no problemo . . . at least we're throwing the ball. Of course no injuries.

Are we at full strength now at all positions?

Super B
10-14-2011, 11:24 AM
I just thought I would re-post these here.

After looking at the numbers for Trinity's pass defense this year, and in light of Colleyville's spectacular junior QB, maybe my statement was a bit harsh. Here's what I learned:

Against Trinity, Thomas had the best night of his career in terms of yardage, (361), TD's (5*), completions (41) and completion percentage (73.21%). This might lead someone like me, a Trinity fan, to declare "wow, Trinity's pass defense is awful." On the downside for Thomas that night, he threw 3 interceptions, also his highest total for any one game. His quarterback rating that night was 97.39, which while good for most, would rank as only his sixth highest rating out of seven games he's played this year.

Taking it a bit further.......

I looked at how Trinity's pass defense performed in the other six games that were not Colleyville. Cumulative passing totals are: 47 - 96 for 415 yards. 2 TD's and 6 interceptions. That would be a quarterback rating of 41.79 if taken collectively.

So, what conclusions can you reach about Trinity's pass defense based on these numbers?

Trinity's pass defense plays pretty well against those teams with average to below average passing games, but the good quarterbacks (Thomas and to some extent, Romano) seem to have little trouble finding holes in the coverage. Same thing happened last year (Coppell anyone? Pearland? Allen?)

Panther, there is no doubt Thomas can chunk it pretty good. That being said, there is still plenty of room for improvement for Trinity.

*Tied - Hebron

Thanks for those #'s. I was thinking along the same lines recently. Maybe the pass defense isn't as bad as I thought after all.

I decided to take a closer look behind the #'s. In particular determine the Yards Per Attempt and Yards Per Completion. Then I wanted to compare all the #'s to the top defenses that are out there. Here is what I came up with.

*DeSoto Pass Defense 71 YPG
Total vs. all opponents
C-A-Yards-TD-Int-%
36-94-426-3-8-38.29
11.83 YPC 4.53 YPA

*Katy Pass Defense 59.3 YPG
Total vs. all opponents
C-A-Yards-TD-Int-%
54-103-665-5-5-52.42
12.31 YPC 6.45 YPA

*KFR Pass Defense 105.3 YPG
vs. SLC
C-A-Yards-TD-Int-%
16-29-142-1-3-55.17
8.87 YPC 4.89 YPA

vs. all other opponents
C-A-Yards-TD-Int-%
35-77-490-3-3-45.45
14 YPC 6.36 YPA

Total vs. all opponents
C-A-Yards-TD-Int-%
51-106-632-4-6-48.11
12.39 YPC 5.96 YPA

*DeSoto leads the metroplex in fewest passing yard givin' up per game. However, they have not played any Elite QB's/Prolific passing teams. Also they played two OOS teams, one of which is a Home school.
*Katy leads the GHA (& probably the state) in fewest passing yard givin' up per game. However, they have not played any Elite QB's/Prolific passing teams.
*Keller Fossil Ridge is #6 in the metroplex in fewest passing yard givin' up per game. KFR is 3-3 and lost to SLC and Coppell by a combined 5 points. SLC is a prolific passing team and it's questionable whether you would consider their QB elite.

Trinity Pass Defense 113.7 YPG (T11 in DFW pass defense)
vs. Heritage
C-A-Yards-TD-Int-%
41-56-361-5-3 73.21%
8.80 YPC 6.44 YPA

vs. all other opponents
C-A-Yards-TD-Int-%
47-96-415-2-6 48.95%
8.82 YPC 4.32 YPA

Total vs. all opponents
C-A-Yards-TD-Int-%
88-152-776-7-9 57.89%
8.81 YPC 5.1 YPA

DeSoto's #'s clearly are the most impressive overall. However, it is interesting to note how well Trinity total minus Heritage (6 games) compares to DeSoto Total (6 games). Trinity would still be leading the area in pass defense minus the game against Heritage. Just like they were going into that game BTW.

LR46
10-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Appears that Plano West played Allen tough up to the last part of the 4th with critical turn overs in favor of Allen. Wiggins for PW ran rampant through the Allen defense (plus 160 yds). Good game to study the vulnerability of Allen if there is any.

Turn over advantage to Allen against PW in last quarter or it would be a very close game. But Plano West gave them all they could handle until the end. So assuming we meet up with Allen in the play offs, here's one game to study for the coaches and I'm sure others.

From what I heard, I think we have what it takes to beat them. Desoto, if we have to play them might be another story. Just my humble opinion.

TeezUp
10-14-2011, 11:49 PM
Appears that Plano West played Allen tough up to the last part of the 4th with critical turn overs in favor of Allen. Wiggins for PW ran rampant through the Allen defense (plus 160 yds). Good game to study the vulnerability of Allen if there is any.

Turn over advantage to Allen against PW in last quarter or it would be a very close game. But Plano West gave them all they could handle until the end. So assuming we meet up with Allen in the play offs, here's one game to study for the coaches and I'm sure others.

From what I heard, I think we have what it takes to beat them. Desoto, if we have to play them might be another story. Just my humble opinion.

So considering how little the starters played, were you pleased with the passes completed this evening? I recall passes to Bolden, Taylor and Reeves for some significant yardage.

LR46
10-15-2011, 05:47 PM
So considering how little the starters played, were you pleased with the passes completed this evening? I recall passes to Bolden, Taylor and Reeves for some significant yardage.Sure, now I hope we keep it up against better as well. Appreciate you asking too. Then again it's not about pleasing me, and I'm not being ungrateful or condescending, it's about wanting to see a playbook with a little more balance and one that gives the other teams a little more to think and worry about.

I am always happy when we win. I'm happier when we win showing improvement and progress and to me this is both. And happiest when it's against a considerable foe. :D

Next game should be much more of a challenge for us. Looking forward to it and I will be there.

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
10-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Good Evening

1st time on this page. Previously I had only been to game specific pages. I posted the THS vs Nimitz defensve stats on that page.

Thankyou

Trinity 94 UNT 2000
10-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Good evening

does anyone know if #52 is good to go? Did not see him against Nimitz. Did not see the Haltom game.

Thankyou

trojanbacker
10-18-2011, 06:54 PM
On a brighter note. Have you guys seen some of the new footage on CJ Hicks from Euless Jr High. Looking pretty good for a freshman, a bit small, but has some growing to do still. Check out some of the size at Euless Jr., and Centrals Jr Highs pursuit of CJ. we got a bright future.

I didnt want to post this on the main board, since I didnt want to stir anything from anybody. Just between us. You are welcome to share this with anybody, since it is a public board. enjoy:)

Wow, he 's a fun guy to watch. Nothing wrong with being small. He will keep our tradition of small backs going.........Heck, Brown is all of 5'4 this year.

trojanbacker
10-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Things are very quiet in the OK Corral that is Trinity Trojan football. So, here are some interesting, yet mostly useless, stats concerning scoring efficiency by the Trojan offense.

Trinity has had 72 possessions through eight games. Of these 72 possessions, here is how they ended:

45 touchdowns
3 field goals
7 turnovers
14 punts
1 field goal miss
2 by clock (end of half, end of game)

Interestingly, no possessions have ended by giving the ball up on downs. My poor math skills tell me that the team is scoring on 66% of their possessions. I have no idea whether this is good, bad or average.

I wish Da Hawaian still posted here so he could make sense of these numbers. He had a good head for this kind of stuff.

Super B
10-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Things are very quiet in the OK Corral that is Trinity Trojan football. So, here are some interesting, yet mostly useless, stats concerning scoring efficiency by the Trojan offense.

Trinity has had 72 possessions through eight games. Of these 72 possessions, here is how they ended:

45 touchdowns
3 field goals
7 turnovers
14 punts
1 field goal miss
2 by clock (end of half, end of game)

Interestingly, no possessions have ended by giving the ball up on downs. My poor math skills tell me that the team is scoring on 66% of their possessions. I have no idea whether this is good, bad or average.

I wish Da Hawaian still posted here so he could make sense of these numbers. He had a good head for this kind of stuff.
Da Hawaian doesn't post here anymore?

What!?!

In regard to your #'s. It would be interesting to know what the 1st half scoring efficiency is vs. the 2nd half scoring efficiency. Obviously in all but two games, the starters played very briefly (one possession, or not at all) in the 2nd half.

trojanbacker
10-21-2011, 10:25 AM

What!?!

In regard to your #'s. It would be interesting to know what the 1st half scoring efficiency is vs. the 2nd half scoring efficiency. Obviously in all but two games, the starters played very briefly (one possession, or not at all) in the 2nd half.

Haven't seen DH on here in a while. Probably just busy.

I can get the first half stats for you. Check back in a day or so.

trojanbacker
10-21-2011, 10:55 AM

What!?!

Here you go, first half possession stats:

In the first half of the eight games Trinity has played, they had 45 possessions. Here is how those possessions ended:

34 touchdowns
2 field goals
4 turnovers
4 punts
1 by clock (end of half)

If my math is correct, Trinity scored on 80% of their first half possessions.

These numbers are skewed slightly due to the Bell and Colleyville games. As you know, we didn't play well in the first half against Bell (6 points) so the starters were in most, if not all, of the second half. Also, the starters played the entire game against Colleyville.

Super B
10-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Haven't seen DH on here in a while. Probably just busy.
I saw him at the Haltom game a few weeks back, but he didn't say anything about the board.

Super B
10-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Here you go, first half possession stats:

In the first half of the eight games Trinity has played, they had 45 possessions. Here is how those possessions ended:

34 touchdowns
2 field goals
4 turnovers
4 punts
1 by clock (end of half)

If my math is correct, Trinity scored on 80% of their first half possessions.

These numbers are skewed slightly due to the Bell and Colleyville games. As you know, we didn't play well in the first half against Bell (6 points) so the starters were in most, if not all, of the second half. Also, the starters played the entire game against Colleyville.
Thank you.

I was thinking. Trinity (starters) has had two bad halfs all season. Second half of Heritage game, and first half of Bell game. They were back to back of course, but that's not bad for eight games.

trojanbacker
10-31-2011, 08:56 AM
Update on possessions by Trinity (through 9 games):

81 possessions

51 touchdowns

3 field goals

8 turnovers

15 punts

1 field goal missed

3 by clock

Super B
10-31-2011, 04:43 PM

Very impressive. Can't wait to hopefully see him on Varsity next season, and MAYBE on the Varsity playoff roster this season.

dragonpants
10-31-2011, 06:49 PM
I have not reviewed the thread too far so I do not know if anyone has asked, but how do ya'll feel about having such a late bye week. It is beneficial to have it late to get healthy for the playoffs or would you rather have it more mid season to get a break for the second half of the season?

Super B
11-01-2011, 02:07 PM
I have not reviewed the thread too far so I do not know if anyone has asked, but how do ya'll feel about having such a late bye week. It is beneficial to have it late to get healthy for the playoffs or would you rather have it more mid season to get a break for the second half of the season?
Personally, I kinda like it. Gives me a chance to go see a late season game that has real meaning in a playoff push or district title race. Last week, I went to see Bell vs. Heritage. I usually do the same the weeks the game is on Thursday.

Of course it only works out that way cause of the odd # of teams in the district. My understanding is, they drew team names from a hat to determine what specific week each team would have their bye. Knowing Coach L, he'd probably be just fine with having a bye week in week 10, to give him an extra week to prepare for the playoffs.

trojanbacker
11-01-2011, 04:40 PM

We were getting a pretty good list of walking wounded, so, I think the timing was good to get some guys healthy for the playoffs. We'll find out Thursday night just how rusty the team is after the layoff and then have eight days to get ready for Duncanville. Gosh, I hope the bye hasn't destroyed the timing of our passing game! :rofl:

LR46
11-01-2011, 10:09 PM
We were getting a pretty good list of walking wounded, so, I think the timing was good to get some guys healthy for the playoffs. We'll find out Thursday night just how rusty the team is after the layoff and then have eight days to get ready for Duncanville. Gosh, I hope the bye hasn't destroyed the timing of our passing game! :rofl:

WHATJUTALKINBOUD!!! :notworthy Did make me laugh!!

LR46
11-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Personally, I kinda like it. Gives me a chance to go see a late season game that has real meaning in a playoff push or district title race. Last week, I went to see Bell vs. Heritage. I usually do the same the weeks the game is on Thursday.

Of course it only works out that way cause of the odd # of teams in the district. My understanding is, they drew team names from a hat to determine what specific week each team would have their bye. Knowing Coach L, he'd probably be just fine with having a bye week in week 10, to give him an extra week to prepare for the playoffs.They do have a bye again this week or is it just a dressed out scrimmage?? :rolleyes:

stinger
11-04-2011, 07:46 AM
What can be done to get Kimpela's name out there? He definitely has the skills to get D-1 offers.

trojanbacker
11-04-2011, 08:34 AM
What can be done to get Kimpela's name out there? He definitely has the skills to get D-1 offers.

I think he's on some radar screens. Plenty of college coaches are out there watching Trinity (Nance and others) and they can't possibly miss seeing Kimpela, when he's in the game. I think they are like a lot of people and are wondering what he can do when he plays a full game against some real competition. The best thing that could happen for him would be for Trinity to make it a few rounds deep in the playoffs and show them what he can do. Just my opinion.

Super B
11-04-2011, 12:21 PM
This is a question for those who know a lot more about football than me.

I just don't get what we're trying to accomplish with our "passing game," and I use that term lightly. We have not hit a long pass all year and it's clear that when we drop back and wait for something downfield to develop, our chances of completing that pass are about 0. Why don't we just try to hit some quick stuff .....short passes to guys out of the backfield....screens....anything.....high percentage passes that will make the defense at least have to think about not stacking everyone at the line of scrimmage? Can you imagine how much damage Kimpela could do with a short pass and some open space???

Sorry, just frustrated after another night of watching bad passing, including a couple that looked more like punts than passes. We can be better than this.
Can they?

Not gonna name names here. I think it is obvious who the best pure QB on the team is (not including QB's who started the season but then got injured). Coaches seem to be in love with the running threat from QB, but if that same QB is incapable of completing passes, or even can't get the timing on the option pitch right, then what is the point? I believe with the running game Trinity has, they don't have to also have a running QB. Just a truck driver on running plays and a guy who can legitimately complete passes when those plays are called. They other problem though is, even on the occasions when the passes are more or less on target, certain WR's are dropping the balls.

This is a big reason I have always been an advocate of having more balance. Sure, run the ball the majority of the time, but pass enough to have good practice and to develop the QB and WR skills. See, after years of an unbalanced offense starting at the Jr. High level, I worry about the lack of development at these two positions. Eventually you see players playing these positions who are litterally not capable of making plays in the passing game. This can be either from pure lack of developing those skills, or because early on these players skillsets were misidentified. You see, you can get away with not having the ability on a Jr. High and even JV level, but once you get to Varsity, you will be exposed. This is why a lot of HS QB's end up playing other positions in college, because the skills they had combined with their athleticism was good enough on the HS level.

Also, I'm tired of having midgets playing QB. :D No offense to the 5'8 or 5'9 posters out there.

Another thing you touched on is the higher percentage passes. I agree, even the weakest QB's can hit those passes. There has been a few times this season they have made those throws and catches. Hopefully, those are the passing plays they concentrate on in the PO's.

LR46
11-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Can they?

Not gonna name names here. I think it is obvious who the best pure QB on the team is (not including QB's who started the season but then got injured). Coaches seem to be in love with the running threat from QB, but if that same QB is incapable of completing passes, or even can't get the timing on the option pitch right, then what is the point? I believe with the running game Trinity has, they don't have to also have a running QB. Just a truck driver on running plays and a guy who can legitimately complete passes when those plays are called. They other problem though is, even on the occasions when the passes are more or less on target, certain WR's are dropping the balls.

This is a big reason I have always been an advocate of having more balance. Sure, run the ball the majority of the time, but pass enough to have good practice and to develop the QB and WR skills. See, after years of an unbalanced offense starting at the Jr. High level, I worry about the lack of development at these two positions. Eventually you see players playing these positions who are litterally not capable of making plays in the passing game. This can be either from pure lack of developing those skills, or because early on these players skillsets were misidentified. You see, you can get away with not having the ability on a Jr. High and even JV level, but once you get to Varsity, you will be exposed. This is why a lot of HS QB's end up playing other positions in college, because the skills they had combined with their athleticism was good enough on the HS level.

Also, I'm tired of having midgets playing QB. :D No offense to the 5'8 or 5'9 posters out there.

Another thing you touched on is the higher percentage passes. I agree, even the weakest QB's can hit those passes. There has been a few times this season they have made those throws and catches. Hopefully, those are the passing plays they concentrate on in the PO's.Good post. I've been harping on the same, lack of a passing game, all season long. I fear that this will do us in in the playoffs and maybe much sooner than we hope. It's much easier to put a defensive plan together on a team that runs 95% of the time, even as good as we run the ball. And yes, hit a few "high percentage" passes, screens, slants etc just to keep the defense quessing a bit.

Defense all around are much better in the playoffs, thus we will be hard bent to rush at will like we have most of the year gaining 300+ yards a game and 5-6 TD's.

I hope we are wrong about the doom and gloom of our inability to pass. I'd love keep watching Trojans all the way into December again.

Super B
11-07-2011, 01:57 PM
bump

TheScout
11-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Very impressive. Can't wait to hopefully see him on Varsity next season, and MAYBE on the Varsity playoff roster this season.
it amazes me that Central is struggling so much. When Beckelman coached there they were almost unstoppable. When I played 7,8,9 we never lost a game. We used to pound Euless into the ground every year. How times have changed

TrinityTrojan80
11-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Is it just me or does someone else think that the "senior" night for the band should have never been scheduled for a halftime, let alone a playoff game?

I feel like that could have been done as pre-game at a regular season game.

BTW, congrats to the band seniors, good luck in the future!:heli:

trojandad
11-12-2011, 04:45 PM

I know he is on UNT's radar for sure. He's starting to interest letters from schools in the State. Some of which are good schools but below his level of skillset. Being the best TB at Trinity since Dimitri Nance and the 2nd best RB in Tarrant County being Mr. Gray should mean something. If he were at 95% of other schools in the state last year he would have had a nice season. I've seen Williams play at Allen and honestly believe JK is better. He is a very good student and a great young God fearing young man. He is the kind of player prorams want.

Great things are ahead for this young man in life as well as football.

LR46
11-12-2011, 09:02 PM
I know he is on UNT's radar for sure. He's starting to interest letters from schools in the State. Some of which are good schools but below his level of skillset. Being the best TB at Trinity since Dimitri Nance and the 2nd best RB in Tarrant County being Mr. Gray should mean something. If he were at 95% of other schools in the state last year he would have had a nice season. I've seen Williams play at Allen and honestly believe JK is better. He is a very good student and a great young God fearing young man. He is the kind of player prorams want.

Great things are ahead for this young man in life as well as football.Rice University should be looking at him real hard. One of the best schools in the nation and his running abilities fit Rice well!!! I'm not a homer or nuthin . . . but would love to see him there.

Not many places he would fit better in for a great education and a chance to play football the way he can.

MALAMEDICINA
11-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Brandon Carter had a monster game for TCU and upset Boise State. So fast and quick. Scary

Super B
11-14-2011, 10:53 AM

Great things are ahead for this young man in life as well as football.
Gray is definitely the best RB in the state, but Kimpella is probably the best in Tarrant County. You see, Aledo, where Jonathan Gray lives and plays, is actually in Parker County. :)

TrojanWebman
11-20-2011, 11:13 AM
I didn't want to sound like I was rubbing it in on the Allen fans so I am posting my question in here.

Anyone know what the time of possessions were in the Allen game?

Just curious. It looked like a textbook case of 'keep away' football.

trojandad
11-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Gray is definitely the best RB in the state, but Kimpella is probably the best in Tarrant County. You see, Aledo, where Jonathan Gray lives and plays, is actually in Parker County. :)

I wonder what Gray's HS career would have been like if he would have stayed in the North Crowley program? He moved after 8th grade and landed in Aledo.

trojanbacker
11-22-2011, 03:39 PM
I didn't want to sound like I was rubbing it in on the Allen fans so I am posting my question in here.

Anyone know what the time of possessions were in the Allen game?

Just curious. It looked like a textbook case of 'keep away' football.

I don't know the time of possession, but I do know that we ran 86 plays, which is ......sick. I'm guessing the time of possession weighed heavily in our favor, as well.

fwhomeboy
11-22-2011, 10:30 PM
I don't know the time of possession, but I do know that we ran 86 plays, which is ......sick. I'm guessing the time of possession weighed heavily in our favor, as well.

The Trojans controlled the clock: Possessing the ball 29 minutes to 19.

They controlled the pace of play: Their 24 first downs were in chunks and hard-fought yards.

They scored on the majority of their possessions: Three field goals, three touchdowns, one missed field goal, one interception and one punt was the drive chart.

They controlled the Allen offense: Alabama-bound quarterback Alec Morris was just 12-of-25 for 194 yards passing while Missouri-turned-Arkansas commit Jonathan Williams was contained to 51 yards rushing on 12 attempts.

The Eagles had just 10 first downs all game and punted five times.

Trinity was as dominant in a seven-point win as Allen was fortunate for it only to be beaten by seven.

This is from The Old Coach.com

fwhomeboy
11-22-2011, 10:40 PM
The Trojans controlled the clock: Possessing the ball 29 minutes to 19.

They controlled the pace of play: Their 24 first downs were in chunks and hard-fought yards.

They scored on the majority of their possessions: Three field goals, three touchdowns, one missed field goal, one interception and one punt was the drive chart.

They controlled the Allen offense: Alabama-bound quarterback Alec Morris was just 12-of-25 for 194 yards passing while Missouri-turned-Arkansas commit Jonathan Williams was contained to 51 yards rushing on 12 attempts.

The Eagles had just 10 first downs all game and punted five times.

Trinity was as dominant in a seven-point win as Allen was fortunate for it only to be beaten by seven.

This is from The Old Coach.com

Nice

ALLENFANDINGO5
11-23-2011, 03:22 AM
http://www.uselessgraphics.com/Thumbs_21.gif

I didnt want to revive the Pictionary thread, but I found this while looking for something else and thought it to be appropriate. Im just glad that I didnt find one that was about domination:D. Good luck the rest of the way.

powerofthehaka
11-23-2011, 07:35 AM
http://www.uselessgraphics.com/Thumbs_21.gif

I didnt want to revive the Pictionary thread, but I found this while looking for something else and thought it to be appropriate. Im just glad that I didnt find one that was about domination:D. Good luck the rest of the way.

Thanks for your support.:notworthy

TrojanWebman
11-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the responses. I am surprised that the time of possession wasn't more one sided. It seemed that way. TSRN radio had the TOP at halftime as 16:38 and 7:22.

I've seen some Allen posters talk about how 'close' the game was. They were within 1.5 yards of tying the game up and possibly going into overtime. The game ended with a 7 point difference and Trinity running the clock out by taking the victory formation.

As dominating as we were, the Allen offense was at times a serious threat. Their first scoring drive was 27 seconds and 3 plays. Our defender never looked back at the ball in the endzone. Their 2nd and 3rd scoring drives benefited, at least partially, from our own mistakes (interception for a pick-6) or the refs suddenly starting to call penalties during one Allen drive (and then going back to ignoring them). What about Allen's 4th, 5th and 6th scoring drives? Exactly.

This game is over and time to look at the next one. Just sharing some thoughts.

trojanbacker
11-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the responses. I am surprised that the time of possession wasn't more one sided. It seemed that way. TSRN radio had the TOP at halftime as 16:38 and 7:22.

I've seen some Allen posters talk about how 'close' the game was. They were within 1.5 yards of tying the game up and possibly going into overtime. The game ended with a 7 point difference and Trinity running the clock out by taking the victory formation.

As dominating as we were, the Allen offense was at times a serious threat. Their first scoring drive was 27 seconds and 3 plays. Our defender never looked back at the ball in the endzone. Their 2nd and 3rd scoring drives benefited, at least partially, from our own mistakes (interception for a pick-6) or the refs suddenly starting to call penalties during one Allen drive (and then going back to ignoring them). What about Allen's 4th, 5th and 6th scoring drives? Exactly.

This game is over and time to look at the next one. Just sharing some thoughts.

All of which is true. It seems that Trinity, at times, makes enough mistakes (the pass that never should have been thrown, facemask/personal foul penalties back-to-back), etc. to keep games close. Hat's off to Allen for hanging in there and having a shot at the end. With everything that was thrown at them on Saturday, their defense forced field goals in the red zone and their offense did enough to still have a shot at the end. Any team can look good when everything is going their way. They fought hard until the final whistle.

TrinityTrojan299
11-23-2011, 03:00 PM
All of which is true. It seems that Trinity, at times, makes enough mistakes (the pass that never should have been thrown, facemask/personal foul penalties back-to-back), etc. to keep games close. Hat's off to Allen for hanging in there and having a shot at the end. With everything that was thrown at them on Saturday, their defense forced field goals in the red zone and their offense did enough to still have a shot at the end. Any team can look good when everything is going their way. They fought hard until the final whistle.

This, plus the fact we for 0 fer on 2 point conversions. Had we simply kicked PAT's, the game would have never been in question. It always frustrates me when coaches go for two before the 4th quarter. This game was an excellent example of why that is not smart.

Allenfandingo, thanks for the support! Gonna miss the pictionary thread, but we always have next year! Take care.

trojanbacker
11-24-2011, 06:24 PM
This, plus the fact we for 0 fer on 2 point conversions. Had we simply kicked PAT's, the game would have never been in question. It always frustrates me when coaches go for two before the 4th quarter. This game was an excellent example of why that is not smart.

Allenfandingo, thanks for the support! Gonna miss the pictionary thread, but we always have next year! Take care.

Lineweaver said he wanted to put pressure on Allen. Up by 8, or by 16 makes it a different game for Allen. But, as he said "It's easy to second guess him when it doesn't work."

TrojanNationTsup
11-27-2011, 09:36 PM
I figured this was the correct place to post this question, I hope it is atleast. Back in August they came out with the Nike shirts that says "Trojan Nation" "We bleed trojan blood" ect. Does anyone know where I can buy them? I have looked everywhere :( Or I doubt it but does anyone have one they wanna sell?
Thanks for any help :) btw T's up!

TTVCMOM
11-27-2011, 09:47 PM
We have some of the ones that say 1 heart 1 team 1 dream left in the spirit shop. Sizes are small, large, xl and 2xl

LR46
11-27-2011, 10:43 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm a bit bummed out!! :( I was afraid of this happening and did all I could do to send hugh vibes our way . . . believe and I'm sorry it didn't help much. :( Not in the cards or the tea leaves for this year. :eek:

Just between us, it's a very wierd feeling not to be playing well towards Christmas . . . man I am really bummed!! I am honored to be part of such a great fandom and a great HS football and sports program . . . albeit as somewhat of a new comer. Regardless of what some of you may think of my views and posts . . . I wish no ill will or consternation on any of you or the football program. It's just me. My wife has lived with me, in love, for over 40 years . . . so I'm not all that bad. :D

I really do love me some Trojan football, the school and all about this area. I am very proud to talk about Trinity as my team everywhere, and I mean everywhere I go and travel and to all, and I mean all, I meet.

Got some suff here to help with and then pull real hard for either SLC or Dallas Skyline to take it all. Arlington Martin would be OK as well.

Super B
11-28-2011, 04:33 PM
I will be routing for Martin. Not the the streak of being outed by the eventual state champ is reall all that important, but it sure feels better knowing you lost to the the that won it all. It also means, yet another year the road to state went through Trinity. No other team in any class can say that.

If SLC beats Martin, I will route for them, then DFW.

I plan to be at the 5A Finals no matter who the participants are.

At least this off-season will have realignment to keep us talkin'.

No matter what happened in our last game, it is great to be a Trojan fan.

T's up!

ALLENFANDINGO5
12-06-2011, 12:31 AM
http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/MmnpDYz3LCDVW6Sc (http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/MmnpDYz3LCDVW6Sc)

My two sons, BDD, Allendad, and I learned a Christmas version of the Haka for our friends of Euless. I couldnt wait any longer to share it with yall. We worked so hard to perfect it.

bigdaddydog
12-06-2011, 02:26 AM
http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/MmnpDYz3LCDVW6Sc (http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/MmnpDYz3LCDVW6Sc)

My two sons, BDD, Allendad, and I learned a Christmas version of the Haka for our friends of Euless. I couldnt wait any longer to share it with yall. We worked so hard to perfect it.

We do Rocka the Haka don't we!!

I had very low expectations, but that was great! Thanks Dingo!!

I feel bad we didn't warn the Trojans of the ODD year 2nd Round Allen playoff curse... We agreed that none of you would believe us so we figured you all were just gonna have to learn by experience... :D

2009 - Southlake = Victim

2011 - Trinity = Victim

Cheers,

~

slcdragonfan
12-06-2011, 07:39 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

MOST EXCELLENT!:D

dragonpants
12-06-2011, 08:06 AM

Obviously Allendad's back is feeling much better.

Super B
12-08-2011, 12:07 PM

That was great.

Super B
12-09-2011, 01:59 AM
The Trinity website does not have the JV or Soph teams rosters listed. Where can I find it? I want to study up for next year. :)

2,000th post

trojanbacker
12-20-2011, 10:27 AM
I watched a few JV games this year. I didn't really see anyone at the RB position who made me think "I can't wait to see this kid at the varsity level." We have some serious holes to fill. Anyone with any actual insight know of a game changer to look for next year?

trojanbacker
12-20-2011, 10:33 AM
The Trinity website does not have the JV or Soph teams rosters listed. Where can I find it? I want to study up for next year. :)

2,000th post

No sir, they don't. They handed them out at the JV games, but I didn't keep one. Maybe if you emailed one of the assistant coaches they could help you out.

Austin109
12-23-2011, 12:57 AM
Just throwing this out there since I know a lot of yall were worried.

Joel Kimpela is/has getting/gotten some serious offers from a few D2 schools. I can say no more.

Super B
12-23-2011, 03:09 AM
Just throwing this out there since I know a lot of yall were worried.

Joel Kimpela is/has getting/gotten some serious offers from a few D2 schools. I can say no more.Thanks Austin.

I had heard North Texas, but I cannot vouch for the source. It's curious to me why Kimpella didn't get more serious consideration from D1 level, but I don't have the recruiting expertise to know any better.

Austin109
12-23-2011, 04:28 AM
Thanks Austin.

I had heard North Texas, but I cannot vouch for the source. It's curious to me why Kimpella didn't get more serious consideration from D1 level, but I don't have the recruiting expertise to know any better.

The school im referencing has made a career stealing UNT recruits :D.

From what I've heard its a mixture of trying to get him NCAA eligible, scheme possibly being a big part of his success, and the dominance of the line being questionable on a few of his moves.

If the school im thinking gets him its HUGE and he will get instant playtime on a team that very well could challenge for a conference title next year.

trojanbacker
12-26-2011, 11:49 AM
The school im referencing has made a career stealing UNT recruits :D.

From what I've heard its a mixture of trying to get him NCAA eligible, scheme possibly being a big part of his success, and the dominance of the line being questionable on a few of his moves.

If the school im thinking gets him its HUGE and he will get instant playtime on a team that very well could challenge for a conference title next year.

Do you think he is a victim of the "anyone could run behind that line" mentality that many people voice?

Super B
12-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Do you think he is a victim of the "anyone could run behind that line" mentality that many people voice?
Interesting. There has only been two backs to average 10+ yards a carry for Trinity. Kimpella is one, Nance the other. Nance got a lot mor PT and more attention than Kimpella and was hardly recruited himself. I actually think Kimpella is the better back between the two.

Anyway, the point is, despite having such great O-lines over the years, there are still only two backs to get 10+ yards a carry, so Kimpella is clearly one of the best Trojan backs. I think it is legit to say "anyone could run behind that line", but not just anyone could average so many YPC.

trojanbacker
12-28-2011, 09:41 AM
I've made a short list (very short) of players who had significant playing time this year and will return next year. I'm sure it's not complete; these are just a few who come to mind:

Hawkins (QB)
Bolden (WR)
Reese (WR)
Newton (RB)
Tevi (DL)
Taylor (TE)
Moeakiola (DB)
Vaenuku (DL)
Olie (DL)
Mayfield (DL)
Mose (OL)
Kirby (OL)

That's all I could come up with. Any other names to toss in there?

TrinityTrojan80
12-31-2011, 09:36 AM
I've made a short list (very short) of players who had significant playing time this year and will return next year. I'm sure it's not complete; these are just a few who come to mind:

Hawkins (QB)
Bolden (WR)
Reese (WR)
Newton (RB)
Tevi (DL)
Taylor (TE)
Moeakiola (DB)
Vaenuku (DL)
Olie (DL)
Mayfield (DL)
Mose (OL)
Kirby (OL)

That's all I could come up with. Any other names to toss in there?

Here are some returning players:
Turner Woolley LB 6' 218 10
Gonzalez Kenneth DB 5'3" 145 10 He is actually a RB from A. Cooper right?
Taylor Will TE 6'3" 266 10
MoeakiolaGeorge DB 6' 172 10
Olie Hafoka DL 5'10" 250 10
Junior Latu DL 6' 270 10
This include only those on the varity roster from 2011, remember that we had so many SR's and all Sr's will be on varsity no matter their talent level. That means that we will be bringing a ton of new players up.

C J Hicks RB
There was talk of a couple more JV players that I do not remember their names.

One RB was not real fast but he doesn't ever fall unless he is dragged down. Great balance and can break tackles.

One fan said that we have a slender QB that has the potentional to be Trinity's best ever (may have been his dad though).

Our 9th grade was very talented, yes, but next year will be a heavy Sr team again- all Sr's will be on varsity.

Sitani John DB 5'9" 163 11
Bolden Ray WR 5'8" 130 11
Hawkins Matt QB 5'8" 189 11
Kersten Cody DB 5'10" 167 11
Newton Remel RB 5'8" 198 11
McCallisterCarringtonDB 5'10" 176 11
Tevi Samiuela DL 6'5" 255 11
Kato Danny WR 5'9" 157 11
Miller Bear RB 5'9" 234 11
Ptomey Bryan DB 5'10" 158 11
Vaenuku Gaius DL 6'4" 244 11
Bibbs Calon OL 6'2" 308 11
Moore Teddy OL 5'9" 276 11
Uhatafe Salesi OL 6'4" 287 11
Mose Folau OL 6'1" 302 11
Kirby Andreu OL 6'2" 347 11
Reese Jason WR 6'4" 214 11
Mayfield Cody DL 6' 246 11

By the looks of things, not much difference from any other year except I believe that our fans do not "know" the players that will fill in all of the "gaps" left by the departing Sr's.

Strengths of next years team- Both lines-LB's and RB's- we will also see a vast improvement in the teams passing abilities.

trojanbacker
01-05-2012, 01:35 PM
The difference to me, just as a casual follower of Trinity football for several years, is that we won't have that returning nucleus of veteran contributors as we have during the run from 2005 - 2011. Take a look at the two and three-year starters who will graduate this spring: Nance, Kautai, Paipa, Dez Richardson, Lea-Aetoa, Polo M, etc. That's a of D-1 level leadership that won't be around next year. Plus, as a guy who watches a fair amount of the jv games, I didn't see that running back this year that made you think "just wait until he gets to varsity." I saw some decent backs, but nothing special.

This is not all to say that Trinity is going to be terrrible next year, but I do believe it will be a team with a lot of challenges and may take a few games to find their way.

DPaul
01-29-2012, 11:05 AM
I went to one jv game last year when they killed Horn's jv squad. I sat by the dad of the jv QB. This QB (who i can't remember his name) put on a show. Very slender QB with a nice arm and graceful when he tucked and ran. When he ran it was graceful ala a mini Vince Young at Texas. I was excited about that kid.

Super B
01-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Realignment looms. As does finding out the non-district schedule the next two seasons.

I'm pretty much okay with any combo of teams as district mates as long as they don't start with the word Irving.

As for the non-district, we already know one opponent. Tulsa Union, which is definitely worth getting excited about.

As for the remaining games, I want them to be good teams, and different than before. Personally I am tired of playing the same rotation of teams over and over. Please no more Bowie, DeSoto, Tyler Lee, Cedar Hill, etc... I want to play someone different.

Bring on Martin, Skyline, SLC, Mansfield, Marcus, Hebron, even LT, Katy, The Woodlands or Harlingen at a neutral site. Okay, the last five are pipe dreams, but you get what I am saying.

trojanbacker
02-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Realignment looms. As does finding out the non-district schedule the next two seasons.

I'm pretty much okay with any combo of teams as district mates as long as they don't start with the word Irving.As for the non-district, we already know one opponent. Tulsa Union, which is definitely worth getting excited about.

As for the remaining games, I want them to be good teams, and different than before. Personally I am tired of playing the same rotation of teams over and over. Please no more Bowie, DeSoto, Tyler Lee, Cedar Hill, etc... I want to play someone different.

Bring on Martin, Skyline, SLC, Mansfield, Marcus, Hebron, even LT, Katy, The Woodlands or Harlingen at a neutral site. Okay, the last five are pipe dreams, but you get what I am saying.

Sorry......

trainin' the game
02-05-2012, 08:34 PM
quick question. are you guys scrimmaging desoto or playing desoto in a non-district game?

LR46
02-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Any word on Joel and College . . . I'm still trying and have been.

TrinityTrojan80
02-05-2012, 10:48 PM
quick question. are you guys scrimmaging desoto or playing desoto in a non-district game?

scrimmaging

Super B
02-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Any word on Joel and College . . . I'm still trying and have been.
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/colleges/2012/01/aledo-qb-bishop-heritage-de-montes-make-college-choices-tcu-commit-johnson-wavering-tarrant-area-rec.html

Kimpella committed to Georgetown.

Super B
02-05-2012, 11:37 PM
OK, I agree as you would well know 150% . . . and after being inabstentia for awhile with way too much to discuss (personal, family and workwise) my head is still reeling . . . I will slowly get back to the real meaning of this forum for me and Trinity Trojan football. The start of the season sounds encouraging and then we go from there.

I'm still here as one of the biggest Trojan fans, like me or not, and will continue to call it like I see it.

I love me some Trojan football,
LR46
I've never had a problem with you calling it how you've seen. Just the fact you are usually wrong is what I don't like. ;)

LR46
02-06-2012, 10:36 PM
I've never had a problem with you calling it how you've seen. Just the fact you are usually wrong is what I don't like. ;)Like I give a shiq what you like or don't like!!!??? :rofl: I like everything I see in the mirror and almost everything I hear coming out of my mouth every day . . . funny thing is others do too.

We're both kidding right?!! Not really.

LR46
02-06-2012, 10:38 PM
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/colleges/2012/01/aledo-qb-bishop-heritage-de-montes-make-college-choices-tcu-commit-johnson-wavering-tarrant-area-rec.html

Kimpella committed to Georgetown.AWESOME . . . HE DESERVES NOTHING BUT THE BEST IN COLLEGE AND IN LIFE!!!! Way to go Joel!!!! Great school!!!

Super B
02-07-2012, 02:04 AM
Like I give a shiq what you like or don't like!!!??? :rofl: I like everything I see in the mirror and almost everything I hear coming out of my mouth every day . . . funny thing is others do too.

We're both kidding right?!! Not really.
The feeling is mutual. I was kidding though. Just be yourself. It's all good.

da hawaiian
02-14-2012, 11:33 PM
met a pair of twins who grew up in our community before moving to California. Might have to update my perspective OL and DL line chart. at legit 6'2 and 280lbs they look everybit as athletic as outgoing Hiva Lutui. Currently just sophmores can't wait to see them workout with the team this spring. I usually don't get excited about move ins but these 2 look like they'll have no problem slotting into feature rolls on either side of the LOS.

Super B
02-15-2012, 12:08 AM
met a pair of twins who grew up in our community before moving to California. Might have to update my perspective OL and DL line chart. at legit 6'2 and 280lbs they look everybit as athletic as outgoing Hiva Lutui. Currently just sophmores can't wait to see them workout with the team this spring. I usually don't get excited about move ins but these 2 look like they'll have no problem slotting into feature rolls on either side of the LOS.
So they grew up here, then went to Cali for a bit, and now are coming back?

Sounds intriguing.

da hawaiian
02-15-2012, 05:16 AM
They left right around the time I moved to Utah in '03. They're first cousins with current Trinity DL coach Moses Vakalahi. One will go to the DL, the other will go to the OL is what I'm hearing.

Super B
02-18-2012, 12:34 AM
They left right around the time I moved to Utah in '03. They're first cousins with current Trinity DL coach Moses Vakalahi. One will go to the DL, the other will go to the OL is what I'm hearing.
Excellent. Can never have enough quality depth at any position. The only thing better would be if one of them were a QB. :)

stinger
02-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Who is this supposed stud running back returning from Florida. And who is this Carter type talent we have moving in or up? Rivals has some posts on this.:rolleyes::cool:

Super B
02-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Who is this supposed stud running back returning from Florida. And who is this Carter type talent we have moving in or up? Rivals has some posts on this.:rolleyes::cool:
I'd like to know myself.

cobro
02-23-2012, 12:28 PM

How are they classified?

Super B
02-26-2012, 02:40 PM
When does baseball season begin?

3000th post

da hawaiian
02-28-2012, 06:36 AM
How are they classified?

They are currently sophomores.

Super B
02-28-2012, 04:05 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/426032_284435154961129_185499218188057_675479_1089 477287_n.jpg

Super B
02-28-2012, 04:11 PM
So thinking ahead for a minute here.

The Bellevue game and the DeSoto game are both one year deals. Bellevue for sure.

Since the DeSoto game is part of a "Classic", it may mean DeSoto will come to Pennington the following season, as that often happens in these situations.

So that means, Trinity will need to fill at least one, maybe two non-district games for next season.

I know this is a little early to be worrying about this, but just thought I'd throw that out there if anybody has any insight.

DPaul
03-05-2012, 11:09 PM
So thinking ahead for a minute here.

The Bellevue game and the DeSoto game are both one year deals. Bellevue for sure.

Since the DeSoto game is part of a "Classic", it may mean DeSoto will come to Pennington the following season, as that often happens in these situations.

So that means, Trinity will need to fill at least one, maybe two non-district games for next season.

I know this is a little early to be worrying about this, but just thought I'd throw that out there if anybody has any insight.

Well these games with Jenks and Trinity were scheduled with Mathis gone for a month. Mathis usually likes to play Oklahoma homeschool teams so he's probably freaking out right now. I wouldn't expect a Desoto/ET game next year.

Super B
03-06-2012, 12:00 PM
I just ran across this article from the Bozeman Daily Chronicle. It's about Trinity and Coach Lineweaver.

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/football/article_e2e35ebc-2228-11e1-9808-0019bb2963f4.html?mode=jqm

If the link doesn't work, search "MSU football players learned life lessons as Texas high school stars".

DPaul
03-06-2012, 03:46 PM
I just ran across this article from the Bozeman Daily Chronicle. It's about Trinity and Coach Lineweaver.

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/football/article_e2e35ebc-2228-11e1-9808-0019bb2963f4.html?mode=jqm

If the link doesn't work, search "MSU football players learned life lessons as Texas high school stars".

Pretty much sums up what Coach Lineweaver is all about. We're lucky to have him.

MLB3725
03-20-2012, 01:07 PM

I guess I will be the first one to bite... where can i read about this on Rivals?

allendad
03-20-2012, 01:28 PM

Yo, Brah . . . .

It's 'bout time yous gots some linemen worth a crap over there !
Maybe you'll finally do something in the playoffs ! ! !

Hope life is treating you well my friend.

Aloha !

Super B
03-20-2012, 03:07 PM
I guess I will be the first one to bite... where can i read about this on Rivals?
There are three threads over there. Try this one. http://highschool.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=1185&fid=2482&style=2&tid=170791347&Page=1

It's 6 pages long, sorry. If that doesn't work, try on page two of the threads index one called, "Let me Clear the Air on Trinity Bellevue" or something to that affect. If not, the current thread on page 1 of the thread index, http://highschool.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2482&tid=171050440&mid=171050440&sid=1185&style=2

Sorry, I don't feel like sifting through 12+ pages to find it.

stinger
03-20-2012, 06:35 PM

Go to the forum. I saw it a couple of weeks ago.

TrinityTrojan80
03-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Did anyone see the "new" Trinity website?

trojanbacker
04-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Can anyone give details about spring ball for those of us who would like to watch? Where, when..etc.

Super B
04-12-2012, 01:04 AM
I went to both Trinity and Bell's groundbreaking ceremonies for the new activity centers today. Saw DH at Trinity. I know I am a bit biased, but there was 3 or 4 times as many people at Trinity than Bell. #justsayin

dragonpants
04-25-2012, 11:01 AM
We are having a 5A get together at Esparzas in Grapevine on Sunday May 6th and any Trinity folks are more than welcome to attend. Right now we are scheduled to start at 2pm but it may be pushed back to a 3 or 330 start.
I will post on here when it is set in stone.

trojanbacker
05-03-2012, 02:46 PM
We are having a 5A get together at Esparzas in Grapevine on Sunday May 6th and any Trinity folks are more than welcome to attend. Right now we are scheduled to start at 2pm but it may be pushed back to a 3 or 330 start.
I will post on here when it is set in stone.

Sounds fun. Thanks for the invite.

Super B
06-01-2012, 06:12 PM
I got my Season Ticket renewal letter in the mail a few weeks back.

May 22-June 14 Option season ticket holders renew
June 16 (Sat) Option ticket exchange day
June 18 (Mon) Optional seat Season Ticket go on sale to the General Public
July 30 (Mon)-Aug 23 Season Tickets go on sale to General Public **without an option**

trojanbacker
07-12-2012, 01:20 PM
I believe both of our kickers last year were seniors. Anyone know about who will be kicking this year?

Super B
07-12-2012, 05:04 PM
I believe both of our kickers last year were seniors. Anyone know about who will be kicking this year?
I think they are recruiting a really hot girl from the girls soccer team. Lucy Draper is her name.

http://cineplex.media.baselineresearch.com/images/289445/289445_large.jpg

No?

Anyone?

:D

Crickets?

chhspantherfan
07-12-2012, 10:02 PM
I think they are recruiting a really hot girl from the girls soccer team. Lucy Draper is her name.

No?
Anyone?
:D
Crickets?

you would have to move the boundary to Hall Johnson to have a chance at that girl at Trinity:cool:

TrinityTrojan80
07-13-2012, 07:00 AM

I watched several of the spring sessions and was not impressed by the kicking I saw.

However,

I came early one day at Trinity and the soccer team was still on the field just before the football team came out. Two of the soccer players stayed on the field after the srest of the soccer team left. A couple of football players came out to snap and hold the football for the kickers. The ball sailed a mile! These two guys were hitting 50+ field goals with accuacy. I believe that the Trinity soccer team was still in their season and the kickers must have been excused from football.

dragonpants
07-13-2012, 07:55 AM
I watched several of the spring sessions and was not impressed by the kicking I saw.

However,

I came early one day at Trinity and the soccer team was still on the field just before the football team came out. Two of the soccer players stayed on the field after the srest of the soccer team left. A couple of football players came out to snap and hold the football for the kickers. The ball sailed a mile! These two guys were hitting 50+ field goals with accuacy. I believe that the Trinity soccer team was still in their season and the kickers must have been excused from football.

That is a good start maybe you guys could look to the baseball team to see if there is anyone that can throw a round or somewhat round object with an average amount of accuracy. :D

trojanbacker
07-13-2012, 09:31 AM
That is a good start maybe you guys could look to the baseball team to see if there is anyone that can throw and round or somewhat round object with an average amount of accuracy. :D

A genius idea. However, last year our best pitcher was a receiver. Go figure.

SLCbacker
07-13-2012, 09:44 AM

However,

They looked pretty good!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DMT9SbnvRzo/S_02m5l3GXI/AAAAAAAAE4M/_n4MwzWR78I/s1600/3-stooges-football.jpg

dragonpants
07-13-2012, 12:03 PM
A genius idea. However, last year our best pitcher was a receiver. Go figure.

Our starting center was a pitcher on the baseball team so go figure.

MLB3725
07-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Sooo... our RB position is in good hands. I didnt make it out to any JV games last year, and never really heard about any up and coming players - until now.

Apparently we have a kid who had quite a showing at a recent TCU camp. Apparently this blazing fast kid ran a 4.27 twice...

:heli::yes::notworthy:rofl:

trojanbacker
07-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Sooo... our RB position is in good hands. I didnt make it out to any JV games last year, and never really heard about any up and coming players - until now.

Apparently we have a kid who had quite a showing at a recent TCU camp. Apparently this blazing fast kid ran a 4.27 twice...

:heli::yes::notworthy:rofl:

I heard that, as well. What no one seems to know is if he has any football experience.

Our returning runnning backs:

Hawkins (67/455) Yes, I know. He's our QB.
Babcock (6/102)
Newton (22/99)
Miller (4/27)

trojanbacker
07-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Anyone know our practice schedule? Would like to attend a few once they begin.

LR46
07-22-2012, 01:22 PM
I heard that, as well. What no one seems to know is if he has any football experience.

Our returning runnning backs:

Hawkins (67/455) Yes, I know. He's our QB.
Babcock (6/102)
Newton (22/99)
Miller (4/27)UH OH . . . we better work on he passing game or we're doomed again!!! :rolleyes: And Hawkins can't pass . . . we saw that last year . . . well he can pass but not to any of our Trojan receivers . . . if we have any of those. UH OH . . . what are we gonna do???

trojanbacker
07-23-2012, 09:49 AM
UH OH . . . we better work on he passing game or we're doomed again!!! :rolleyes: And Hawkins can't pass . . . we saw that last year . . . well he can pass but not to any of our Trojan receivers . . . if we have any of those. UH OH . . . what are we gonna do???

The threat of a passing game would be nice. Unless you like early exits from the playoffs....

Bama Bound
07-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Where is Nance??? Do not see him on the Baylor roster......

MLB3725
07-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Nance is headed to Hargrave Military Academy prep for a semester/year before heading to Baylor.

Similar to what happened with top WR Trey Metoyer and OU last year.

Trinity33
07-27-2012, 12:46 AM
Look for Kaywon Keith this season. A great addition to the DLine. Watched him a lot during spring practices . He has amazing strength and speed. He can get to the qb in a flash. If he matures fast enough we can see him do big things this season :yes:

TrinityTrojan299
08-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Just so yall know, the Trinity Booster spirit store will no longer be setting up shop at Chicken Express. They are now going to be at Taco Casa, on South Industrial just across the street from QT (157 and Hwy 10). They will be there tonight from 5-8pm. They were on campus today and have some pretty cool stuff.

LR46
08-28-2012, 09:08 PM
When is the team and all the rest flying off to Bellevue? I wish them safe travels, hope they enjoy the beautiful state, hope it doesn't rain and that they show the Wolverines how to play Texas football.

los2468
09-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Watch the Bellevue trinity game....was not impressed with this years runnings backs... I think trinity have to sleepers on the team right now thay can start in place of the two current starters we have right now....I watched the kid from florida move the ball consistantly when the starters coultdnt. They alsoalso have a home grown kids whose been int the system since the 7th grade..... Sophomore ...Cj hicks....this kid is quicks and very elusive.....looks like he is ready to go and lead this team as far as i a concerned....i think think Florida who is a junior and Cj Hicks who is a Sophomore is more capable of leading our trojans to the playoffs and ultimately a championship... I found several youtube clip of the Hicks kid from last season. Just a year ago as a freshman.... Check it out....could find anything on the florida kid but he looked good in the scrimmage...............

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bnl0BBowk5A

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6WllqLNOC8

chhspantherfan
09-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Two great grabs by Brandon Carter yesterday.

http://www.big12sports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=1055643

trojanbacker
09-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Two great grabs by Brandon Carter yesterday.

http://www.big12sports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=1055643

That was fun. Thanks for posting. He's gotten bigger.