PDA

View Full Version : So You Think You Can Dance

ktCarl
07-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Is my wife and daughter the only two people watching this wretched show? Why does that one female judge have to SCREAM all the time?

SWMHebron
07-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Is my wife and daughter the only two people watching this wretched show? Why does that one female judge have to SCREAM all the time?

My husband's wife and daughter watch all the time, too!!! He is even watching with us most of the time. Mary Murphy is obviously deranged but IMO very funny. And unlike Paula Abdul she knows what she is talking about and makes sense. It helps to have a dance background. As those of you in 6-5A can tell from my screen name I've seen a few dances in my time.

Hebron High School Silver Wings -- National Champions
2005-06
2006-07
2008-09

ktCarl
07-15-2009, 08:28 PM
My husband's wife and daughter watch all the time, too!!! He is even watching with us most of the time. Mary Murphy is obviously deranged but IMO very funny. And unlike Paula Abdul she knows what she is talking about and makes sense. It helps to have a dance background. As those of you in 6-5A can tell from my screen name I've seen a few dances in my time.

2005-06
2006-07
2008-09

Why are all the male dancers gay/effeminate? If I want to watch a man and woman dance I would like for one of them to be a man or masculine.

SWMHebron
07-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Why are all the male dancers gay/effeminate? If I want to watch a man and woman dance I would like for one of them to be a man or masculine.

Did you not see last year when Joshua from Fort Worth won? Definitely masculine, and in fact one of his ex-girlfriends was another top 20 dancer. I will admit the top 5 guys this year are not quite as masculine as could be. My daughter and I have had several straight v. gay discussions about them.

Do you watch Dancing with the Stars? Many of those pro dancers are very masculine (Maks Chmerkovskiy, Louis Van Amstel, Tony Dovolani). In fact now that TO is out, Maks is probably one of the favorites to win Superstars.

Now we are watching Wipeout. It works on so many levels. The Tour was a flat stage and Cavendish won again so this was a SYTYCD and Wipeout night. The Alps await so I'll get back to TdF soon.

pied
07-16-2009, 07:49 AM

2005-06
2006-07
2008-09

My husband's wife? Is that a Big Love type situation?

Mrs. pied is into dance, therefore this show and Dancing With the Stars are regular viewings in our house. Dancing with the Stars, is tolerable mainly because of the female dancers. Sometimes funny, but typically bad and boring for me.

I am not a fan of dance at all, but So You Think You Can Dance(also has some hot girls), but to me is pretty entertaining. Some of the dances are pretty spectacular, and the host, Cat Deely, is worth watching the show.

CoveMom
07-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Carl,

I think you have had one of moments when the light bulb goes off AND the little bell goes "ding"

Many many moons ago, when my children were very young, we were visiting my parents and I walked into the den/family room and saw EVERYONE glued to the television. Everyone was my Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, Husband, and Two Kids. They were watching that show from a ways back where the actors would portray two bizarre scenarios and you were supposed to guess which one was true and which one was fiction (crap). Remember that show? I hope not.

I looked around when I realized what was on and cracked up laughing. Low in the gut, hurts when you do it, laughing. I then said (yes I did) the following:

"Well, obviously someone watches these shows since they are still on the air, but I never dreamed those people were part of my family!"

:Music

RedRage00
07-16-2009, 09:12 AM

2005-06
2006-07
2008-09

Every drill team is a National Champ these days LOL

RedRage00
07-16-2009, 09:13 AM
I watched 5 minutes of this show last night and had to cut it off. Talk about LAME!!!

RedRage00
07-16-2009, 09:14 AM

Watch "Dancing with the Stars"

Those are HOT & very masculine :ninja:

CoveMom
07-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Watch "Dancing with the Stars"

Those are HOT & very masculine :ninja:

says the gay man.....

RedRage00
07-16-2009, 01:23 PM
says the gay man.....

That's the only reason I watch DWTS :D

...and the Bachelorette too haha

pied
07-16-2009, 01:23 PM
That's the only reason I watch DWTS :D

...and the Bachelorette too haha

It appears we watch these shows for similar, yet different reasons.

SV61
07-16-2009, 01:26 PM

Because you are bored beyond tears, and your fingers hurt from typing stuff to folks on 5aTexasfootball?

:confused:

:D

RedRage00
07-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Because you are bored beyond tears, and your fingers hurt from typing stuff to folks on 5aTexasfootball?

:confused:

:D

Basically....there is nothing else on TV.
:eek:

RedRage00
07-16-2009, 01:30 PM

I think I got the better deal on the Bachelorette...30 guys to 1 girl :D

SV61
07-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Basically....there is nothing on TV.

fify

pied
07-16-2009, 01:34 PM
I think I got the better deal on the Bachelorette...30 guys to 1 girl :D

I put up with that for mrs. in exchange for the Bachelor. I did enjoy the season w/Trista though....

SWMHebron
07-16-2009, 01:57 PM

Last night as jam packed!! SYTYCD, Wipeout and Tour de France.

We watched SYTYCD real time, watched the DVR'd Wipeout, and this morning watched the last 40 minutes of TdF.

Tonight is SYTYCD results, Big Brother elimination and more Tour.

ktCarl
07-16-2009, 08:23 PM

You could watch Hitler invade Poland for the 10 millionth time or watch people look for Bigfoot on the History Channel. Me..I hook up my headphones and dial into Netflix and watch a movie.

B-T-W, the dance show is on again.

svhorns
07-16-2009, 08:30 PM
All I see is legs and booty... I like this show.

ktCarl
07-16-2009, 08:33 PM
All I see is legs and booty... I like this show.

So are you curled up in your closet with a bottle of wine and laptop while staring at legs and booty? :D

mad_fan
07-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Re: So You Think You Can Dance

No one knows better than ms mad...I can't dance...

svhorns
07-16-2009, 08:34 PM
So are you curled up in your closet with a bottle of wine and laptop while staring at legs and booty? :D

Yes.

mad_fan
07-16-2009, 08:35 PM

Is this a 'problem'???:D

ktCarl
07-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Is this a 'problem'???:D

I hope he remembered the Windex. :eek:

svhorns
07-16-2009, 08:43 PM

I have Lysol... I heard it's less streaky.

mad_fan
07-16-2009, 08:44 PM

I assumed he was in HIS closet...:eek:

Favpack
07-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Wife and daughter watch. Not a terrible show, but I can't watch it.

mad_fan
07-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Wife and daughter watch. Not a terrible show, but I can't watch it.

Keep them out of the closets...:ninja:

ktCarl
07-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Oh my goodness sakes alive! It's the Blackeyed Peas!!

svhorns
07-16-2009, 08:53 PM
More to love... that looks like the biggest show ever.

twcpfan1
07-16-2009, 09:30 PM
what am i missing? what channel is this show on? had no idea it exists.

SWMHebron
07-16-2009, 10:25 PM
what am i missing? what channel is this show on? had no idea it exists.

Fox. Wednesday is performance show and Thursday is results.

I had no problems with Randi and Kupono going home tonight on SYTYCD, but am bummed about Braden leaving Big Brother.