PDA

View Full Version : Will Allen go DI or DII in 2009?

NHB06
07-11-2009, 01:30 PM
If Plano East and Plano make the playoffs in 8-5A, Allen will go DII. This could lead to some interesting potential match ups in DII (Cedar Hill/Wylie, Allen/SLC, Katy/Allen). Which division will Allen end up in 2009?

Bass
07-11-2009, 01:34 PM
I have no idea how East is supposed to be this year, so my vote was really just wishful thinking. But if Katy ends up D1, I hope Allen does too.

NHB06
07-11-2009, 01:35 PM
I have no idea how East is supposed to be this year, so my vote was really just wishful thinking. But if Katy ends up D1, I hope Allen does too.

Is it possible for Katy to go DI?

dada
07-11-2009, 01:46 PM

Very....they were 2 minutes away from D1 last season.

PirateParent2011
07-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Hard to say at this point with no games having been played but I still believe PESH has coaching issues so I think West still has the edge to make the 4th spot (Allen, Plano - D1; Wylie, West - D2).

Bass
07-11-2009, 01:47 PM

It's unlikely, but it could happen. Seven Lakes and Mayde Creek both would have to make the playoffs. To do that, they have to both beat Morton Ranch, one has to beat the other, and then one has to upset Katy, Cinco or Taylor. That's assuming both teams just barely scrape by...

Projected 17-5A playoff teams:
Katy
Cinco Ranch
Katy Taylor
Mayde Creek

Edit: I see Admin Dada has already posted. I meant to say it's very, very possible for Katy to go D1.

SLC
07-11-2009, 01:54 PM
One of the two...East or Plano will not make the playoffs....Allen will go D1.

grayowl60
07-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Hard to say at this point with no games having been played but I still believe PESH has coaching issues so I think West still has the edge to make the 4th spot (Allen, Plano - D1; Wylie, West - D2).
After Wylie is diqualified for playing dirty:rolleyes:, Jesuit will make the playoffs

Favpack
07-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Allen will go D1 IMO - I don't think they've been D2 for 4-5 years now?

grayowl60
07-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Allen will go D1 IMO - I don't think they've been D2 for 4-5 years now?
Enrollment, District 8, per uil:
Allen 4837
Plano SENIOR 5215
Plano East SENIOR 5852
Plano West SENIOR 4229
McKinney Boyd 2275
Jesuit 2058
Wylie 2745

SWMHebron
07-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Allen 4837
Plano SENIOR 5215
Plano East SENIOR 5852
Plano West SENIOR 4229
McKinney Boyd 2275
Jesuit 2058

So in theory they could be DII, but only if both Plano and Plano East make the playoffs. I don't see Wylie's enrollment, but they have been DII in the past.

SP Tiger Backer
07-11-2009, 04:46 PM
But will Allen make the playoffs first of all :D

grayowl60
07-11-2009, 05:00 PM
So in theory they could be DII, but only if both Plano and Plano East make the playoffs. I don't see Wylie's enrollment, but they have been DII in the past.
Sorry, fixed it

bigdaddydog
07-11-2009, 06:09 PM

You're right. Check the poll voting...:eek:

Congrats on the Championship Tigers!!!

~

allendad
07-11-2009, 07:18 PM
My heart would love to see us go DII . . . .

But my head says we'll be DI again.

I would love to see PESH really step it up
and be extremely competitive in every game.
It is good for the district to have a lot teams
in the mix each week.

So, I hopin' the PESH is there. A DII run makes for
some fun match ups, but I'm feelin' love for the DI
guys from last year(Permian, ET, sTp, etc.). That was
a PACKED bracket had had some awesome POWER.

I just hope we can we that first game!:eek::eek:

ALLENFANDINGO5
07-11-2009, 07:32 PM
We need to go D1, because it is most likely that SLC, Cedar Hill, Wylie, and last but not least Katy will be D2 and I dont think we can beat any of those teams.;) Seriously Id like to be in the same div. as all the above. Both div. should be really loaded and will be equally tough to run through.

b756561
07-11-2009, 09:52 PM

Good question. Next question, will Stony Point make the playoffs? :D

I'm betting these two teams will meet in Waco again this year. That's one game I won't be missing.

The Wet Mustard
07-11-2009, 10:13 PM

I voted no Just to mess up the poll :)

drgnbkr
07-11-2009, 10:23 PM
I still just shake my head when I see PESH with almost 6.000 students in one school...:eek:

grayowl60
07-11-2009, 10:45 PM
I still just shake my head when I see PESH with almost 6.000 students in one school...:eek:
Hmmm, be careful:rolleyes:

The Wet Mustard
07-11-2009, 10:47 PM

How about to make it fair we combine SLC and Katy, plus a few kids from Trinity to make 6000, Oh yeah plus we get to pick and choose who we want as coaches, throw Dodge in there too, :) . Id take this team for state every year

alleneagle4
07-12-2009, 01:15 AM
I think I'd like to see us go DII in '09.

We already beat the DI powers of Plano, ET, and Permian.

Now its time to beat the DII powers of Cedar Hill, and Katy, and at least ONCE........ SLC!

........ but first gotta win games
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

grayowl60
07-12-2009, 09:58 AM
How about to make it fair we combine SLC and Katy, plus a few kids from Trinity to make 6000, Oh yeah plus we get to pick and choose who we want as coaches, throw Dodge in there too, :) . Id take this team for state every year
Actually Plano has five "HIGH" schools soon to be six I hear. They are consolidated into three "SENIOR HIGH SCHOOLS" for SOFTBALL;)( and every other uil activity). Even if they were not consolidated those HIGH schools would have over 3000 enrolment average.

TrinityTrojan80
07-12-2009, 10:33 AM
I think I'd like to see us go DII in '09.

We already beat the DI powers of Plano, ET, and Permian.

Now its time to beat the DII powers of Cedar Hill, and Katy, and at least ONCE........ SLC!

........ but first gotta win games
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

That seems very arrogant to me! It is not easy to repeat.

That's the kind of logic many of the National ranking people use! What makes a team deserve to be ranked so high this year because they won the their state championship 3 out of 4 years in 3a in a state like Kansas? How many of the kids are still playing from the 1st year they won?

A big school like Allen plays at least 1/2 senoirs as starters most years. If Allen wins the Division 2 this year and Stoney Point wins Division 1. Allen has no claim to being a better team than STP unless they beat them this year!

Allen has a great team and I will not take your statement as a representation of how all Allen fans feel.
I do agree that Allen should be ranked #1 to start the year out knowing the players they have returning and I wish Allen lots of luck except when they play Trinity of course!

allendad
07-12-2009, 11:17 AM

That's the kind of logic many of the National ranking people use! What makes a team deserve to be ranked so high this year because they won the their state championship 3 out of 4 years in 3a in a state like Kansas? How many of the kids are still playing from the 1st year they won?

A big school like Allen plays at least 1/2 senoirs as starters most years. If Allen wins the Division 2 this year and Stoney Point wins Division 1. Allen has no claim to being a better team than STP unless they beat them this year!

Allen has a great team and I will not take your statement as a representation of how all Allen fans feel.
I do agree that Allen should be ranked #1 to start the year out knowing the players they have returning and I wish Allen lots of luck except when they play Trinity of course!

I think this person is stating the challenge that it would
be for Allen to try and run the table in D II. No one at Allen
feels that we own D I. That would be ridiculous!

Allen was very fortunate last year. They started strong and finished
much, much stronger.

2009 will be a different challenge unto itself.

As '04 stated in his last sentence . . . .

Allen has to "win some games first" before EVEN thinking
of the whole DI or DII thang.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Bro. Malcolm X
07-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Allen 4837
Plano SENIOR 5215
Plano East SENIOR 5852
Plano West SENIOR 4229
McKinney Boyd 2275
Jesuit 2058
Wylie 2745

Giving All Honor and Praise to God the Father. I thank HIM for his Grace. I thank HIM for his Mercy. I thank HIM for sending Jesus, the Perfect, into the world.

Wow, look at those enrollment numbers. You talk about combing the school getting the best of the best.

PISD = 15,296 potential student athletes. Oh My Goodness.

Allen has lots to choose from as well.

CaneDadCat5
07-12-2009, 02:44 PM

Hurricanes are cannot even be considered DII if they make the playoffs with 2700 students. How many schools with populations over 5000 how many Fresmen, Soph, JV teams do they have???? If a kid second or third string on the Junior Varsity C team, do the fans sitting at each goal line have to tell a kid that the coach wants him in the game? :D:D:D

NHB06
07-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Hurricanes are cannot even be considered DII if they make the playoffs with 2700 students. How many schools with populations over 5000 how many Fresmen, Soph, JV teams do they have???? If a kid second or third string on the Junior Varsity C team, do the fans sitting at each goal line have to tell a kid that the coach wants him in the game? :D:D:D

Plano East Senior High houses 11-12 grades only. 9-10 grade students go to either Clark High School or Williams High School. There is not 5825 students in one building at East. Plano Senior High is structured similarly with 9-10 graders feeding in from Jasper High and Vines High. Plano West Senior High has students feed from Jasper and Shepton.

Allen ISD does it a bit differently. Allen has a freshman center that houses 9th graders. 10-12 grades go to Allen High. There are not actually 4837 students in one building.

NHB06
07-12-2009, 03:49 PM
If Allen goes DII, it will most likely affect Wylie the most as the Pirates will face Cedar Hill in round one. Could be a "one and done" situation for a very good team.

farmerfan
07-12-2009, 04:35 PM

and the love fest continues. Isn't that cute. :rolleyes::D;)

farmerfan
07-12-2009, 04:42 PM
For the DF-Dub to sweep both titles this year I think it would be better for Allen to go D1. D2 looks to be a very strong division this year and with Cedar Hill and the teams from the district 65 I think DFW has a solid chance to win the D2 title. Allen gives us our best shot to sweep the titles again.
I think Plano will be fine and make the playoffs but as everybody has alreayd said, Ringo remains a huge question mark for PESH. It would be fun to see a possible Allen-Hebron/SLC/Cedar Hill playoff game but it also would be fun to see them lock heads with Trinity/Permian/SP again.

NHB06
07-12-2009, 05:04 PM
For the DF-Dub to sweep both titles this year I think it would be better for Allen to go D1. D2 looks to be a very strong division this year and with Cedar Hill and the teams from the district 65 I think DFW has a solid chance to win the D2 title. Allen gives us our best shot to sweep the titles again.
I think Plano will be fine and make the playoffs but as everybody has alreayd said, Ringo remains a huge question mark for PESH. It would be fun to see a possible Allen-Hebron/SLC/Cedar Hill playoff game but it also would be fun to see them lock heads with Trinity/Permian/SP again.

The key game in 8-5A will be Plano East vs West. The winner will likely make the playoffs and the loser stays home. East has the talent to win, but coaching is a big question mark. On the other hand, it seems to me like something is just missing over at West.

farmerfan
07-12-2009, 05:08 PM
The key game in 8-5A will be Plano East vs West. The winner will likely make the playoffs and the loser stays home. East has the talent to win, but coaching is a big question mark. On the other hand, it seems to me like something is just missing over at West.

I know there are some West fans who are not exactly happy with the coaching situation over there right now. I would think a district like Plano would be able to draw some of the very best coaches and would be picky considering the district has seen great men such as John Clark and Tom Kimbrough come through the coaching ranks.

NHB06
07-12-2009, 06:05 PM
I know there are some West fans who are not exactly happy with the coaching situation over there right now. I would think a district like Plano would be able to draw some of the very best coaches and would be picky considering the district has seen great men such as John Clark and Tom Kimbrough come through the coaching ranks.

Involvement and community support on the West side is lacking. Lots of apathy surrounding the football program.

farmerfan
07-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Involvement and community support on the West side is lacking. Lots of apathy surrounding the football program.

That's a lot of programs when times are bad and the winning is down. I have seen it first hand at a few programs in this area alone including Plano. Bring in a winner and get the program on the right track and you would be surprised how that would change ten-fold.

wolfpack4life
07-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Allen will go D2 IMO...It wouldnt surprise me if East shocks alot of peps this yr

ftballin11
07-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Allen 4837
Plano SENIOR 5215
Plano East SENIOR 5852
Plano West SENIOR 4229
McKinney Boyd 2275
Jesuit 2058
Wylie 2745

Why do they allow such big schools.

It must be nice to have that kind of a talent pool to choose from.:rolleyes: Is this how all the DFW district do it. :D No wonder.

NHB06
07-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Why do they allow such big schools.

It must be nice to have that kind of a talent pool to choose from.:rolleyes: Is this how all the DFW district do it. :D No wonder.

Don't forget open enrollment and magnet schools :rolleyes:

Fleeman93
07-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Allen should hope they go to whichever division Katy isn't in. Not because they would fear Katy or any other team in that division but more because it will have to be the weaker of the two divisions.

Bill4par
07-12-2009, 08:27 PM
The only thing that teams like Allen, Plano, PW, PESH, Wylie and every other team can control is to win their games. The rest is beyond their control. It will sort itself out.

allendad
07-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Allen should hope they go to whichever division Katy isn't in. Not because they would fear Katy or any other team in that division but more because it will have to be the weaker of the two divisions.

Oh PELLLLLLLEASEEEEEEE ! ! ! ! !

That might work with some, but . . . . .
we don't EVEN play that smack up here.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fleeman93
07-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Oh PELLLLLLLEASEEEEEEE ! ! ! ! !

That might work with some, but . . . . .
we don't EVEN play that smack up here.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just wait and see.

allendad
07-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Children . . . . .

even those that haven't matured, yet!

Ain't it a wonderful thing!:o:o:o:o

Fleeman93
07-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Children . . . . .

even those that haven't matured, yet!

Ain't it a wonderful thing!:o:o:o:o

Your kids acting up?

alleneagle4
07-13-2009, 01:47 AM

I respect and completely agree w/ you sir.

I am in no way saying we WILL repeat for sure or anything near that aspect. You have to realize that four of our seasons in a row were ended to Southlake Carroll. To see us beat them even when they're not nearly as talented as they used to be, would be a joy to see for ANY Allen fan IMO.

Also, it would be fun to play Katy obviously because the two past Champs.

I am in no way predicting a repeat, even though they will def. be capable.

One game at a time is all that matters.

SLC
07-13-2009, 03:06 AM

I am in no way saying we WILL repeat for sure or anything near that aspect. You have to realize that four of our seasons in a row were ended to Southlake Carroll. To see us beat them even when they're not nearly as talented as they used to be, would be a joy to see for ANY Allen fan IMO.

In the words of Lee Corso....."not so fast my friend".;)

Fleeman93
07-13-2009, 06:46 AM
In the words of Lee Corso....."not so fast my friend".;)

He probably just meant from a coaching standpoint.

ALLENFANDINGO5
07-13-2009, 09:51 AM
If the divisions pan out the way they have in recent years. D2 is arguably as strong or stronger than D1. If we lived in a vacuum, most Allen fans would like to see if we could make a run through D2. IMO playing the top programs is what you want for your program, i.e. Cedar Hill, SLC, and Katy most likely will be D2. If you could beat all 3 in 1 year during the playoffs, after beating the likes of the teams we did in '08, not many teams could boast of a two year run like that.

drgnbkr
07-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Plano East Senior High houses 11-12 grades only. 9-10 grade students go to either Clark High School or Williams High School. There is not 5825 students in one building at East. Plano Senior High is structured similarly with 9-10 graders feeding in from Jasper High and Vines High. Plano West Senior High has students feed from Jasper and Shepton.

Allen ISD does it a bit differently. Allen has a freshman center that houses 9th graders. 10-12 grades go to Allen High. There are not actually 4837 students in one building.

Carroll has about 2,500 students in 9-12 on two campuses. We know how it works. PESH has 5,825 students in 9-12. Apples to apples. Doesn't matter, just numbers, but don't try to confuse people with the split campus deal.

drgnbkr
07-13-2009, 10:20 AM

What the hell are you talking about?

NHB06
07-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Carroll has about 2,500 students in 9-12 on two campuses. We know how it works. PESH has 5,825 students in 9-12. Apples to apples. Doesn't matter, just numbers, but don't try to confuse people with the split campus deal.

Originally Posted by drgnbkr
I still just shake my head when I see PESH with almost 6.000 students in one school...

How am I trying to confuse people by explaining the feeder system at PESH? I was just trying to clarify your previous statement that PESH had 5825 students at one school.

oldskool
07-13-2009, 10:29 AM
"D2 is arguably as strong or stronger than D1."

Unfortunately, this is not the case in Reg 3.

bigdaddydog
07-13-2009, 10:32 AM
What the hell are you talking about?

Try and keep up now bkr. This was a conversation with Trinity. :D

~

drgnbkr
07-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by drgnbkr
I still just shake my head when I see PESH with almost 6.000 students in one school...

How am I trying to confuse people by explaining the feeder system at PESH? I was just trying to clarify your previous statement that PESH had 5825 students at one school.

It is one school. That is the attendance number turned in for PESH. We all know that they can't fit that many into one campus, but that is the number that makes up PESH, right? I shake my head because that is just a huge number of students...Carroll ISD has between 7-8,000 students in the entire district.

drgnbkr
07-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Try and keep up now bkr. This was a conversation with Trinity. :D

~

I'm trying...until "Southlake Carroll. To see us beat them even when they're not nearly as talented as they used to be, would be a joy to see for ANY Allen fan IMO." :p

NHB06
07-13-2009, 10:43 AM
It is one school. That is the attendance number turned in for PESH. We all know that they can't fit that many into one campus, but that is the number that makes up PESH, right?

Clark, Williams, and PESH are 3 separate schools. Not everyone understands that PESH does not have 5825 students in one building. You understand this point because you are abnormally intelligent. :D

1BAD3V
07-13-2009, 10:52 AM

But you still have to go through best that Regions 1, 2 & 4 throw at you.

PirateParent2011
07-13-2009, 11:15 AM
If Allen goes DII, it will most likely affect Wylie the most as the Pirates will face Cedar Hill in round one. Could be a "one and done" situation for a very good team.

Yes, I'm sure it would be very disappointing to some to see a very good CHILL team be "one and done". :D

bigdaddydog
07-13-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm trying...until "Southlake Carroll. To see us beat them even when they're not nearly as talented as they used to be, would be a joy to see for ANY Allen fan IMO." :p

Not sure if you are having a hard time with Allen beating Southlake Carroll or with your team not being as talented these days? :cool:

OK so as much as it may hurt, in a purely emotional way, I think you guys should start a thread with a poll to get the opinion of the rest of the community on here about SLCs relative talent level.

Beside we don't have nearly enough SLC threads these days...:p

Poll Options:
1. Southlake Carroll Dragons are as talented now as they were 3-4 years ago.
2. Southlake Carroll Dragons are NOT nearly as talented as they were 3-4 years ago.

~

drgnbkr
07-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Not sure if you are having a hard time with Allen beating Southlake Carroll or with your team not being as talented these days? :cool:

OK so as much as it may hurt, in a purely emotional way, I think you guys should start a thread with a poll to get the opinion of the rest of the community on here about SLCs relative talent level.

Poll Options:
2. Southlake Carroll Dragons are NOT nearly as talented as they were 3-4 years ago.

~

We already have our own thread because there were so many whiners about all the conversation about all things Dragon...:p This was an Allen thread, but as is usually the case, we get drug into it in a variety of ways..Just remember, even Carroll can't win a title every year...:D

bigdaddydog
07-13-2009, 12:21 PM
We already have our own thread because there were so many whiners about all the conversation about all things Dragon...:p This was an Allen thread, but as is usually the case, we get drug into it in a variety of ways..Just remember, even Carroll can't win a title every year...:D

LOL!! :notworthy

It would have been much more to my liking if this thread had never been started. So, I feel your pain.

So now I am curious... Tell me about this Southlake Carroll drug problem you mentioned?? :p

http://www.indymedia.ie/attachments/oct2007/img_3408_dragged_web.jpg

~

allendad
07-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Everybody is getting dragged into this thang !

http://www.justsaywhoa.org/images/dragged.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

drgnbkr
07-13-2009, 12:42 PM
LOL!! :notworthy

It would have been much more to my liking if this thread had never been started. So, I feel your pain.

So now I am curious... Tell me about this Southlake Carroll drug problem you mentioned?? :p

http://www.indymedia.ie/attachments/oct2007/img_3408_dragged_web.jpg

~

This thread has drug on for far too long!:p I can't believe you drug that up...:D

85Roughneck
07-13-2009, 01:46 PM

this is why I read through this thread before posting my .02 ...

I have been LMAO at the comments about Allen going D2 ...

2 things here IMO, of course ...

#1 Allen will be good regardless and should be considered dangerous to any of their opponents

#2 Allen will avoid much ridicule if they go D1 ... history has proven this point on this website

85Roughneck
07-13-2009, 01:48 PM
If the divisions pan out the way they have in recent years. D2 is arguably as strong or stronger than D1. If we lived in a vacuum, most Allen fans would like to see if we could make a run through D2. IMO playing the top programs is what you want for your program, i.e. Cedar Hill, SLC, and Katy most likely will be D2. If you could beat all 3 in 1 year during the playoffs, after beating the likes of the teams we did in '08, not many teams could boast of a two year run like that.

agreed ... you speak the truth.

85Roughneck
07-13-2009, 01:50 PM

nobody ever really debates that, do they :confused:

85Roughneck
07-13-2009, 01:53 PM

blasphemy and heresy !!! BLASPHEMY and HERESY I say !!! this is an impossibility !!! this only happens about Katy threads and you know it. Out of here with your lies, sir !!! Be gone! :mad:

;):D

farmerfan
07-13-2009, 02:07 PM
this is why I read through this thread before posting my .02 ...

I have been LMAO at the comments about Allen going D2 ...

2 things here IMO, of course ...

#1 Allen will be good regardless and should be considered dangerous to any of their opponents

#2 Allen will avoid much ridicule if they go D1 ... history has proven this point on this website

Oh really?

Go back to 2005 and see what the Trinity fans had to go through with teams such as Lufkin, SGP, DeSoto, I-Mac, Plano, Katy, Carroll and more being in D2. Same with 2004 as well. People voice their opinions each and every year on what division they believe to be the tougher division. It's not just something that started up in the past 2 years. I do not recall any Katy fans coming to Trinity's defense when people were ridiculing the road they took to a title in 05 or Tyler Lee when they won it all in 04.

ftballin11
07-13-2009, 02:20 PM

If the best team in the reg. is from Div 2 then how could that be. Would it be harder to go through a couple of really good teams or 1 great team?

85Roughneck
07-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Oh really?

Go back to 2005 and see what the Trinity fans had to go through with teams such as Lufkin, SGP, DeSoto, I-Mac, Plano, Katy, Carroll and more being in D2. Same with 2004 as well. People voice their opinions each and every year on what division they believe to be the tougher division. It's not just something that started up in the past 2 years. I do not recall any Katy fans coming to Trinity's defense when people were ridiculing the road they took to a title in 05 or Tyler Lee when they won it all in 04.

yes, really ... I have read multiple post on this site where people bash Katy for the easy road to DII 'ships the past two years. I'm just saying that if we are all going to keep beating the same drum that folks from the DFdub would give Allen a hard time if the won it all in DII. wouldn't you agree? you're usually the one hollering the loudest about how easy it is for Katy to win in DII even though we have to bet the best the R1, R2, and the all-mighty DFdub has to offer up. I'm just repeating an argument that I have seen you and others from the north use, FarmerFan. I ain't trying to bend your plow out of shape or nothing.

farmerfan
07-13-2009, 03:28 PM
yes, really ... I have read multiple post on this site where people bash Katy for the easy road to DII 'ships the past two years. I'm just saying that if we are all going to keep beating the same drum that folks from the DFdub would give Allen a hard time if the won it all in DII. wouldn't you agree? you're usually the one hollering the loudest about how easy it is for Katy to win in DII even though we have to bet the best the R1, R2, and the all-mighty DFdub has to offer up. I'm just repeating an argument that I have seen you and others from the north use, FarmerFan. I ain't trying to bend your plow out of shape or nothing.

Yes the last two years it has been preceived that D1 was the strogner of the two divisions. This debate happens eveyr year too. Trinity went through hell with it in 2005 and not a single D2 team came to their defense and that includes Katy. In 2004 the same with Tyler Lee. It happens all the time after the champions are crowned.

ftballin11
07-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Yes the last two years it has been preceived that D1 was the strogner of the two divisions. This debate happens eveyr year too. Trinity went through hell with it in 2005 and not a single D2 team came to their defense and that includes Katy. In 2004 the same with Tyler Lee. It happens all the time after the champions are crowned.

In 05' it wasn't Katy Defense that lost them the game. It was the offense turning it over 5 times. The Defense played well enough to win that game. You can only give great offenses so many chances.

farmerfan
07-13-2009, 08:13 PM
In 05' it wasn't Katy Defense that lost them the game. It was the offense turning it over 5 times. The Defense played well enough to win that game. You can only give great offenses so many chances.

I have no idea what you mean by this since we are not talking abotu the Katy and Carroll game on this thread.

ftballin11
07-13-2009, 08:16 PM

Right here.

farmerfan
07-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Right here.

That was talking about the Katy/Carroll game how again?:confused:

ftballin11
07-13-2009, 08:23 PM

I know I might have jumped the gun. That was just a touchy subject with me. The 05' offense completely self destructed the last 3 games of the year. Right when Dalton broke his hand.

It just seemed like you were leading that the Trinity defense would have done better than Katy's against SLC. If not my bad. It aint a big deal.

NHB06
07-13-2009, 08:25 PM

Every thread revolves around Carroll or Katy. Haven't you learned that yet?;)

farmerfan
07-13-2009, 08:27 PM
I know I might have jumped the gun. That was just a touchy subject with me. The 05' offense completely self destructed the last 3 games of the year. Right when Dalton broke his hand.

It just seemed like you were leading that the Trinity defense would have done better than Katy's against SLC. If not my bad. It aint a big deal.

How could you preceive it being anything regarding Trinity vs Carroll? Trinity had to defend its title as much if not more against the board that year than they did in 07. All I was pointing out to Roughneck is that there have been plenty of times when Katy was playing in what was regarded as the tougher of the 2 divisions. Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less.

farmerfan
07-13-2009, 08:28 PM

;) We're in for a long fall on the board with the TOD being battled out :Censor::D

ftballin11
07-13-2009, 08:59 PM

I understand what your saying. I just didnt understand the last part when your adding Katy. I think SLC had one of the best defenses that year. That is what seperates that team from the other SLC IMO.

ftballin11
07-13-2009, 09:00 PM
;) We're in for a long fall on the board with the TOD being battled out :Censor::D

It's in the bag .:D:D LOL JK

farmerfan
07-13-2009, 09:11 PM
I understand what your saying. I just didnt understand the last part when your adding Katy. I think SLC had one of the best defenses that year. That is what seperates that team from the other SLC IMO.

The Katy part was meant to be that when Trinity won state their were plenty who were discrediting them for winning the title in D1 that year including Katy fans. Not many outside of Trinity came to their defense in those attack

ftballin11
07-13-2009, 09:27 PM
The Katy part was meant to be that when Trinity won state their were plenty who were discrediting them for winning the title in D1 that year including Katy fans. Not many outside of Trinity came to their defense in those attack

I didn't really know too much about Trinity at that time. I heard of Dimitri Nance but that's about it. So I can't really comment on that part.

farmerfan
07-13-2009, 09:33 PM
I didn't really know too much about Trinity at that time. I heard of Dimitri Nance but that's about it. So I can't really comment on that part.

It has nothign to do with their team. It had everything to do with the fact that they had a team who played a road to the finals that was seen as very weak compared to what the champ in the D2 bracket went through. It didn't matter that Trinity cruised in every playoff game. It was look at who they played. Once again, the Trinity fans had to defend themselves against the entire state on this board after that season.

slcdragonfan
07-13-2009, 09:58 PM
It's in the bag .:D:D LOL JK

:ninja:

b756561
07-13-2009, 10:30 PM

Unless you are posting, then it all revolves around Plain-o. :D

SLC
07-13-2009, 11:19 PM
He probably just meant from a coaching standpoint.

Coaching =/= talent level?

SLC
07-13-2009, 11:31 PM

Poll Options:

~

Having a hard time with who beating Carroll?....WHO?...Ummm Carroll has beat the living crap out of Allen for years and Allen was certainly talented in those matchups...maybe not as talented as Carroll, but talented none the less. I'd love to see Carroll and Allen play this season, cause Carroll has PLENTY of talent to beat the newly crowned state champs. And talent hasn't fallen off at Carroll...Talent has however gotten injured, which is part of the game, but they are talented enough to go undefeated this season, regardless of division.

slcdragonfan
07-14-2009, 01:34 AM

Poll Options:

~

Southlake Carroll Obsession noted.
Why don't you start the thread, you are the one most interested. Allen has a fine team, and you should be proud of your boys. I guess winning a state championship isn't enough though? Have a need to meet some Dragons on the field of battle?

Now that you are an expert on the talent level at our school and the kids coming up, I'd like you to predict our season. And, let me remind you:

2003 - Allen 21, SLC 37
2004 - Allen 14, SLC 52
2005 - Allen 15, SLC 45
2006 - Allen 0, SLC 38

Closest game was 16 points.

I have given credit to Allen, cheered you guys on at the state game, was happy for you to finally get that championship after being denied for so many years, amazed at how you turned the D around. I also understand your wanting to get some payback. But it just amazes me that an Allen fan in an Allen thread brings up SLC and then wants to dis our kids.

Fleeman93
07-14-2009, 07:52 AM
Allen will not win state this year, regardless of division.

BlakeJ
07-14-2009, 08:14 AM
So Im starting to understand how teams are placed in D1 or D2...its about enrollment within your district and what teams in your district make state.

Here is my next question. Why do people say "UIL structured this in favor of Katy"? How do we know it wasnt intended for Wylie? :eek:

Of course Im kidding. Just glad that Im starting to grasp the process here.

PS...I just noticed im getting close to 500 posts...was excited until I looked at Dada's count again!!

SWMHebron
07-14-2009, 08:22 AM
So Im starting to understand how teams are placed in D1 or D2...its about enrollment within your district and what teams in your district make state.

Here is my next question. Why do people say "UIL structured this in favor of Katy"? How do we know it wasnt intended for Wylie? :eek:

Of course Im kidding. Just glad that Im starting to grasp the process here.

PS...I just noticed im getting close to 500 posts...was excited until I looked at Dada's count again!!

Basically 4 teams from each district make the playoffs. The 2 with the largest enrollment are DI. The others are DII. Where it really gets confusing is years when the DII winner (Southlake Carroll) has a larger enrollment than the DI winner (Cedar Hill). What you need to remember is that it is dependent only upon your size ranking within your district.

drgnbkr
07-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Basically 4 teams from each district make the playoffs. The 2 with the largest enrollment are DI. The others are DII. Where it really gets confusing is years when the DII winner (Southlake Carroll) has a larger enrollment than the DI winner (Cedar Hill). What you need to remember is that it is dependent only upon your size ranking within your district.

What is even more difficult to understand is when a school like Allen has a chance to go D-2 with around 5,000 students. The other behemoths in 8-5A make it so that a behemoth starter kit can play with schools with half their enrollment. Just a confusing fact of life in the UIL world we llive in. But, as has been proven repeatedly, size of enrollment seems not to matter.

E-Vol-ution
07-14-2009, 08:45 AM
I've been saying all along....neither of you will.

BlakeJ
07-14-2009, 09:02 AM

I understand that part...it just seems like it's a mess and could be done differently and more effective.

ALLENFANDINGO5
07-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Having a hard time with who beating Carroll?....WHO?...Ummm Carroll has beat the living crap out of Allen for years and Allen was certainly talented in those matchups...maybe not as talented as Carroll, but talented none the less. I'd love to see Carroll and Allen play this season, cause Carroll has PLENTY of talent to beat the newly crowned state champs. And talent hasn't fallen off at Carroll...Talent has however gotten injured, which is part of the game, but they are talented enough to go undefeated this season, regardless of division.
Id like to see Allen play SLC not because of a chance at revenge or that I think Allen would win. But that these are two good teams and would be touted as a big game thusly a measuring stick for both programs. For SLC because some (not ME) have said there has been a fall off in success and for Allen to see if they are actually worthy of being in the same class as the Elite programs in the state. For some on this board no matter if Allen wins another title, without beating SLC we will not reach that elite status.

Fleeman93
07-14-2009, 09:23 AM
I've been saying all along....neither of you will.

That is the most likely outcome. I will still go ahead and put my money on red in 2009 though.

SWMHebron
07-14-2009, 09:24 AM
What is even more difficult to understand is when a school like Allen has a chance to go D-2 with around 5,000 students. The other behemoths in 8-5A make it so that a behemoth starter kit can play with schools with half their enrollment. Just a confusing fact of life in the UIL world we llive in. But, as has been proven repeatedly, size of enrollment seems not to matter.

:notworthy Too funny!!

wingnut
07-14-2009, 09:40 AM
It has nothign to do with their team. It had everything to do with the fact that they had a team who played a road to the finals that was seen as very weak compared to what the champ in the D2 bracket went through. It didn't matter that Trinity cruised in every playoff game. It was look at who they played. Once again, the Trinity fans had to defend themselves against the entire state on this board after that season.

Some people on here should be ashamed of the way they talked about ET IN 05. Smack about the road we went in the playoffs was really weak!! We beat whoever was up next. Dimitri and CO. took care of business. There wasn't that much said in 07 when we had the hardest playoff schedule I've seen in 10 years. We defended that year and some of us just thought these yoyo's were just jealous. Another odd year coming up and we don't supposedly have anything so we'll see. HAKAAA!!

ftballin11
07-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Coaching =/= talent level?

Maybe it's the same talent, but not getting coached up the same.:eek::eek::eek:

SLC
07-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Id like to see Allen play SLC not because of a chance at revenge or that I think Allen would win. But that these are two good teams and would be touted as a big game thusly a measuring stick for both programs. For SLC because some (not ME) have said there has been a fall off in success and for Allen to see if they are actually worthy of being in the same class as the Elite programs in the state. For some on this board no matter if Allen wins another title, without beating SLC we will not reach that elite status.

I agree to a point and bear in mind that we all usually base high school talent level on how many make it to college, but that isnt always the best way because players end up leaving college or not playing or whatever. So to me thats not a great basis for judging high school players. Just as the NFL is not the best way to judge college players. there are a great many standout players at the high school level that dont do the same in college and a far greater many that do great in college and it doesn't translate to the NFL or they dont even get there.

As far as measuring Allens team against Carroll's....I myself would want them at their absolute best in order to measure my team against theirs...not take the approach that "hey, Carroll isn't what they were or they had a drop off in talent, so I'd love to play them".

And as far as Allen as titles are concerned and whether or not you went through Carroll in the playoffs to get it or didn't is off no concern at all. Dont get me wrong, a great many of people would love to see that be the case, but Allen has nothing to prove and in my book are among the eilte already, as the title vaulted them there, because they were always a very good program and I never thought any different. the difference now is they are among the great programs.

SLC
07-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Maybe it's the same talent, but not getting coached up the same.:eek::eek::eek:

Maybe its the same talent, but several have fallen to injury and in a few cases season ending injury.

make no mistake and I have said it on this board before...Hal is not Todd...Todd was a master at his trade, but Hal is certainly a very good coach. He would have seemed like a genius if RD and KP had not gotten hurt. You can bank on that!

wingnut
07-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Maybe its the same talent, but several have fallen to injury and in a few cases season ending injury.

make no mistake and I have said it on this board before...Hal is not Todd...Todd was a master at his trade, but Hal is certainly a very good coach. He would have seemed like a genius if RD and KP had not gotten hurt. You can bank on that!

Here we go again! If our #1 RB ( Shannon Moore) wasn't in street clothes in 06 you guys have 1 less state championship. We sorely missed the #1 rusher in the metroplex. You can bank on that!HAKAA!

drgnbkr
07-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Here we go again! If our #1 RB ( Shannon Moore) wasn't in street clothes in 06 you guys have 1 less state championship. We sorely missed the #1 rusher in the metroplex. You can bank on that!HAKAA!

Farmer alert!:D

SLC
07-14-2009, 01:14 PM

Moore, while very good, wouldn't have had near the impact that 2 all state QB's (1 there and 1 headed for it) did.

E-Vol-ution
07-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Mr. Phelps..........the thread you have just seen will be obliterated in five seconds. :eek:

wingnut
07-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Moore, while very good, wouldn't have had near the impact that 2 all state QB's (1 there and 1 headed for it) did.

When you miss over 200yds a game ( rushing and receiving) you can't tell me he wasn't missed. Yaw needed the major Lineweaver fake to win by one point. Your kids with their tongues hanging out would have really been in bad shape if they had to chase Shannon for 4 qutrs. If Shannon was in the game your all stater would not have mattered. Yaw won, we didn't have him, and this was 3 years ago.HAKAAAA!

slcdragonfan
07-14-2009, 01:28 PM
When you miss over 200yds a game ( rushing and receiving) you can't tell me he wasn't missed. Yaw needed the major Lineweaver fake to win by one point. Your kids with their tongues hanging out would have really been in bad shape if they had to chase Shannon for 4 qutrs. If Shannon was in the game your all stater would not have mattered. Yaw won, we didn't have him, and this was 3 years ago.HAKAAAA!

He was certainly a difference-maker, and with two back like that in the backfield it would have been a wild day. Can never know the result though.

b756561
07-14-2009, 11:26 PM

Fleeman what are you saying? Wash your mouth....er....fingers with soap and never say such a thing again. Blasphamy!

SLC
07-15-2009, 12:27 AM

The kids were tired at the end regardless of who was on the field and that was the case for both , the Trinity players and the Dragon players.

bigdaddydog
07-17-2009, 06:10 PM

You are absolutely right Injuries are part of the game so why bother mentioning it, well unless you missed our session with farmerfan on the subject.:rolleyes:

I need you guys to follow the flow of the thread closer. drgnbkr and I had a fun little sparing about the potential for a Allen vs SLC game and you missed the fun by going all Plano on me.

I am glad to hear that Southlake Carroll's talent has not fallen off. Time will tell though for all of our teams. Good Luck on that undefeated thing!:D

~

bigdaddydog
07-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Southlake Carroll Obsession noted.
Why don't you start the thread, you are the one most interested. Allen has a fine team, and you should be proud of your boys. I guess winning a state championship isn't enough though? Have a need to meet some Dragons on the field of battle?

Now that you are an expert on the talent level at our school and the kids coming up, I'd like you to predict our season. And, let me remind you:

2003 - Allen 21, SLC 37
2004 - Allen 14, SLC 52
2005 - Allen 15, SLC 45
2006 - Allen 0, SLC 38

Closest game was 16 points.

I have given credit to Allen, cheered you guys on at the state game, was happy for you to finally get that championship after being denied for so many years, amazed at how you turned the D around. I also understand your wanting to get some payback. But it just amazes me that an Allen fan in an Allen thread brings up SLC and then wants to dis our kids.

Gaaa, I go away for a couple days on business and you go even more Plano Wildcat Fan on me than SLC. Like I said, follow the flow of the thread and you won't miss out on the more subtle points.

This is all about the future, NOT the past. Not about our state championship, not about games long over. This is about DI vs DII and if we happen to go DII and Carroll likley goes DII many of the fans would like to have that happen including me. I don't want it for revenge because revenge is a very selfish and unsatisfying thing.

I want to see a SLC vs Allen game because I DO expect SLC to have a top talented team!! To be the best you gotta play the best, right?

And next time you want to banter around a bit in a good natured way of course, I welcome it. Just leave the comments about disrespecting the kids out of it. I'd like to think that anyone who knows me would know that is the farthest thing from the truth. I just don't appreciate being thrown under the bus undeservedly.

Cheers,

~

SLC
07-17-2009, 08:07 PM
You are absolutely right Injuries are part of the game so why bother mentioning it, well unless you missed our session with farmerfan on the subject.:rolleyes:

I need you guys to follow the flow of the thread closer. drgnbkr and I had a fun little sparing about the potential for a Allen vs SLC game and you missed the fun by going all Plano on me.

I am glad to hear that Southlake Carroll's talent has not fallen off. Time will tell though for all of our teams. Good Luck on that undefeated thing!:D

~

Poll Options:

~

Alleneagle4 brought up the talent level issue and possibly playing and beating us while its supposively down and then you also chimed in with your remark of if we were having a hard time with the talent being down...I then stated that the talent level wasn't down, but it had gotten injured..Thus "injuries" were mentioned just to say that its not a "down talent" issue, but rather some very talented players suffering season ending injuries 2 seasons in a row that has folks thinking its fallen off.

I'll just move on now, but you and Alleneagle4 got it going first....Carry on.

slcdragonfan
07-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Gaaa, I go away for a couple days on business and you go even more Plano Wildcat Fan on me than SLC. Like I said, follow the flow of the thread and you won't miss out on the more subtle points.

This is all about the future, NOT the past. Not about our state championship, not about games long over. This is about DI vs DII and if we happen to go DII and Carroll likley goes DII many of the fans would like to have that happen including me. I don't want it for revenge because revenge is a very selfish and unsatisfying thing.

I want to see a SLC vs Allen game because I DO expect SLC to have a top talented team!! To be the best you gotta play the best, right?

And next time you want to banter around a bit in a good natured way of course, I welcome it. Just leave the comments about disrespecting the kids out of it. I'd like to think that anyone who knows me would know that is the farthest thing from the truth. I just don't appreciate being thrown under the bus undeservedly.

Cheers,

~

Not feeling all that subtle nowadays. I would love to see us play again, for the reason you noted above, Allen is one of if not the top team coming this next season. My pick (and most other's pick) for best in the state last year. Playing them would be great. I am just getting tired of the talk about SLC not being 'all that talented', have heard it from many different posters on here. Our talent the past two years was not at all in question, injuries and perhaps some other issues were.

Our talent shouldn't be questioned this year either. While we may not have a Heisman candidate in the wings (Daniels), or a top 10 NFL potential draft pick (Ulatoski) on the team this year (and then again, we might!), we have plenty of talent to be competitive, and one of the more senior-laden teams in years. If any teams on our schedule think its going to be a cakewalk, they will have another thing coming.

allendad
07-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Allendad brought up the talent level issue and possibly playing and beating us while its supposively down and then you also chimed in with your remark of if we were having a hard time with the talent being down...I then stated that the talent level wasn't down, but it had gotten injured..Thus "injuries" were mentioned just to say that its not a "down talent" issue, but rather some very talented players suffering season ending injuries 2 seasons in a row that has folks thinking its fallen off.

I'll just move on now, but you and Allendad got it going first....Carry on.

SLC,

Could you show me where I posted something about the talent level at Carroll?

I believe you when you say this, but I don't remember writing that.
I DO remember saying sokmething about your running game last year,
but that was in response to a jab by someone.

I have no DOUBT that Carroll has the talent they always have. There are
certain players that are just great individual players, period. I will always rememebr Luna, Chase, McKay, Renfro, Cantu, etc. Those are just players that stand out.

One great season does not a dynasty make.

I realize that MORE than anyone and I go into this season
in great humility . . . . . . knowing what "chance" can do to
help create a wonderful season.

I may shoot my "mouth" off a lot in JEST.

I totally respect the Dragon Program and MOST of you guys
from south 114.:eek:

I apologize if I have made my joking seem to be serious disrespect.:o

NOW . . . . . . . . . .
about kicking Carroll's butt . . . . . ;)

SLC
07-17-2009, 10:23 PM
SLC,

Could you show me where I posted something about the talent level at Carroll?

I believe you when you say this, but I don't remember writing that.
I DO remember saying sokmething about your running game last year,
but that was in response to a jab by someone.

I have no DOUBT that Carroll has the talent they always have. There are
certain players that are just great individual players, period. I will always rememebr Luna, Chase, McKay, Renfro, Cantu, etc. Those are just players that stand out.

One great season does not a dynasty make.

I realize that MORE than anyone and I go into this season
in great humility . . . . . . knowing what "chance" can do to
help create a wonderful season.

I may shoot my "mouth" off a lot in JEST.

I totally respect the Dragon Program and MOST of you guys
from south 114.:eek:

I apologize if I have made my joking seem to be serious disrespect.:o

NOW . . . . . . . . . .
about kicking Carroll's butt . . . . . ;)

My sincere apologies Allendad, it was alleneagle4 that posted that comment.:o

I will edit the post to reflect that.