PDA

View Full Version : Fascination with Highland Park

scottie2
07-08-2009, 03:38 PM
As I look over the posts in this section of the website, over half of them in some way mention Highland Park . My good friends Bowie Dawg, Red Rage, and my Plano Wildcat friends all seem to report balanced intelligent posts regarding HP.Others seem to let thier feelings about the storied program get in the way of rational thought.

There is no question that HP's storied sucess in all sports causes a great deal of jealousy and irrational thought by some regulars on this site. Here are a few of the most ridiculous accusations:

HP is really a 5A school that cheats or lies about the numbers to stay in 4A.
Do you really believe this? HP has beaten numerous 5A scools in its history.
HP buys or bribes UIL officials to stay in 4A?
Do you really believe this?
HP should play up to 5A
How many schools really do this for reasons other than to keep schools in the same district?
HP hasn't won many state championships in the highest classifcations
HP has won one state championship and played for another one in the past 10 years
HP plays a soft schedule.
Believe it or not they have a very difficult time scheduling games espicially with 5A schools .... you know why

Here are just some of the silly arguements some have used on this website. I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 03:44 PM
As I look over the posts in this section of the website, over half of them in some way mention Highland Park . My good friends Bowie Dawg, Red Rage, and my Plano Wildcat friends all seem to report balanced intelligent posts regarding HP.Others seem to let thier feelings about the storied program get in the way of rational thought.

There is no question that HP's storied sucess in all sports causes a great deal of jealousy and irrational thought by some regulars on this site. Here are a few of the most ridiculous accusations:

HP should play up to 5A
How many schools really do this for reasons other than to keep schools in the same district?
HP has won one state championship and played for another one in the past 10 years
Believe it or not they have a very difficult time scheduling games espicially with 5A schools .... you know why

Here are just some of the silly arguements some have used on this website. I hope this helps clear up any confusion.
Whens the parade?

Aggies2009
07-08-2009, 03:49 PM

Not in the playoffs, they haven't. Sure, they've beat scrub teams in preseason (with a decent team every now and then). Had they had to play in 5A, I doubt they'd boast ANY state championships. Just my opinion.

I don't, but it is funny how HP is just under the cutoff time after time.
HP should play up to 5A

Southlake Carroll won 4, Trinity has won 2, Katy has won 4. One 4A title is hardly anything to brag about.

Funny. Longview didn't have a tough time getting Allen. Or Lufkin. Or Lee.

Actually, you just made things worse for yourself. :confused::(:D

scottie2
07-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Whens the parade?

Probably next December after number 2 in the decade

Favpack
07-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Probably next December after number 2 in the decade

Dry clean only on your Navy Blazer - never forget - or it will be sad parade for you scottie bolottie.

LoboBooster73
07-08-2009, 04:04 PM

Didn't have a tough time prior to Randy Allen and win/loss record before & after about the same. And as for Robin Hood causing athletic travel shortfalls.....please. I've seen HP girls' teams travel across metroplex in a luxury travel coach. With their fan base, they must have a substantial booster club that could help subsidize. There's alot of good 5A teams in and around the metroplex that would schedule HP in a heartbeat. There's schools in East and West Texas that would play anybody anywhere.

Aggies2009
07-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Dry clean only on your Navy Blazer - never forget - or it will be sad parade for you scottie bolottie.

Hey, Favpack! Nice to see you here; I didn't know you browsed the 4A forum.

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Didn't have a tough time prior to Randy Allen and win/loss record before & after about the same. And as for Robin Hood causing athletic travel shortfalls.....please. I've seen HP girls' teams travel across metroplex in a luxury travel coach. With their fan base, they must have a substantial booster club that could help subsidize. There's alot of good 5A teams in and around the metroplex that would schedule HP in a heartbeat. There's schools in East and West Texas that would play anybody anywhere.
You are NOT to dispute are question this power structure... be very afraid:notworthy

LoboBooster73
07-08-2009, 04:37 PM
You are NOT to dispute or question this power structure... be very afraid:notworthy

Hey, when I see a pile of manure, I'll step over it, but I'll also give a heads up to the fellow behind me. Alot of posters throw stuff out here to incite. I'm not afraid of anybody or anyplace. My license gives me that confidence. And I'm not talking my East Texas vs. The World badge.

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Hey, when I see a pile of manure, I'll step over it, but I'll also give a heads up to the fellow behind me. Alot of posters throw stuff out here to incite. I'm not afraid of anybody or anyplace. My license gives me that confidence. And I'm not talking my East Texas vs. The World badge.
gotcha...;)

dragonsdaddy
07-08-2009, 06:14 PM

HP should play up to 5A

sorry. you may be right. i didn't see this was a 4a thread

Favpack
07-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey, Favpack! Nice to see you here; I didn't know you browsed the 4A forum.

We have to beat the 4a teams on our schedule before I can gradeeate to 5a.

Thank goodness for Nacogdoches. :D

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 06:52 PM
We have to beat the 4a teams on our schedule before I can gradeeate to 5a.

Thank goodness for Nacogdoches. :D
"Everybody knows" that Lufkin plays with enrollment numbers and pays off uil, so they can STAY in 5A:D

DragonBand06
07-08-2009, 07:03 PM

True
True
HP should play up to 5A
Absolutely True
1 4A title in 10 years is nice, but not many
True-Point-Oh

Here are just some of the silly arguements some have used on this website. I hope this helps clear up any confusion.;)

yallerjacket2
07-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I don't, but it is funny how HP is just under the cutoff time after time.
HP should play up to 5A

Should the teams that are closer to the cutoff than HP also play up to 5A?

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 07:39 PM
What do you think about Kinne going to Sherman?

Aggies2009
07-08-2009, 09:07 PM

I didn't say that. I quoted him, I thought. O_o I just said it was funny how HP was close to cutoff every year.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-08-2009, 11:28 PM

As in, Gary Joe?

yallerjacket2
07-09-2009, 10:29 AM

Should be a good hire. Kinda surprised by it. Thought the Pottsboro coach would end up there. Hope he's successful, but not too successful. :D

SLC
07-09-2009, 12:27 PM

A very good hire by Sherman. Coach Young will be missed, as he was not only a good coach, but a very good man as well. He's going home though...or close to it and he will be a very good asset to the DHS program.

Coach Kinne will have a fairly young group of players at Sherman, and it doesn't help to have Waymon James wearing a Horned Frog jersey next season, rather than a Bearcat one, but Kinne will have those kids getting better real soon.

SLC
07-09-2009, 12:29 PM
As in, Gary Joe?

Yes sir. He's back in Texas and is the new head coach for the Bearcats.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Yes sir. He's back in Texas and is the new head coach for the Bearcats.

Welcome back Coach!:) He wasn't even out of the state that long and, he already missed us!

SLC
07-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Should be a good hire. Kinda surprised by it. Thought the Pottsboro coach would end up there. Hope he's successful, but not too successful. :D

Not to worry, at least right away...It will take Kinne some time with the young group he will have...The Bearcats lost alot of leadership off of last seasons team. I think Kinne will be a great fit with the Bearcats, just not sure the reverse will be the same..There have been some good coaches come through the Bearcats program, including coach Young, but have never seemed to be able to win with great consistency. I'm not sure why though, it just hasn't materialized in that way. I think it can with Kinne, we shall see, time will tell.

And no worries on them beating Denison real soon, for sure not next season. It will be a Jacket blowout by halftime.:)