PDA

View Full Version : Non District Schedule

lobo1982
07-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Who would you like to see your team play that they have never played against or it's been a long time since they played ?

lobo1982
07-03-2009, 11:22 AM
These are the teams I would like to see Longview play against.Southlake Carroll, Odessa Permian, Highland Park, Whitehouse,Trinity and Port Neches Groves.

gtee2
07-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Who would you like to see your team play that they have never played against or it's been a long time since they played ?

In-state...
Odessa Permian cause of their tradition

Out of state...
Lowndes,GA cause I have a friend from Georgia and she always tells me how good they are. I did some checking and they are pretty good!

Rapture
07-03-2009, 12:15 PM
dallas carter vs tyler lee

SL carrol vs east texas 5a OR LUFKIN
john tyler vs Fort Bend Hightower
TYLER LEE VS ALLEN
JOHN TYLER VS LAKE TRAVIS

BOLD= TEAMS THAT ARE MINES OR A TEAM THAT I WILL BE ROOTING FOR

LPack007
07-03-2009, 12:40 PM
The teams that I would like Lufkin to play would be:

5A
SLC
North Shore
Spring Westfield
Odessa Permian

4A
Texas High
Marshall
Dallas Carter
La Marque

LoboFan07
07-03-2009, 02:15 PM
My list for Longview...

5A
Southlake Carroll
Odessa Permian
Garland
South Garland
Katy

4A
Highland Park
Rockwall
Lake Travis
La Marque
Denton Guyer

3A
Gilmer

grayowl60
07-03-2009, 02:45 PM
My list for Longview...

5A
Southlake Carroll
Odessa Permian
Garland
South Garland
Katy

4A
Highland Park
Rockwall
Lake Travis
La Marque
Denton Guyer

3A
Gilmer
I would go for that Longview Garland game.
Sounds like you are up for the best 4As you can get. Sounds like Lobo:notworthy
There is one for sure on your list that will never schedule Longview.
For Garland:
Allen (re up.Tom Landry again?)
Wylie ( start it up)
Mesquite (old time tradition)
Ennis (again)
SLC (lets just see)
Lufkin ( we are ahead 2-1 all time)
Lewisville (never played)

LPack007
07-03-2009, 03:03 PM
I would go for that Longview Garland game.
Sounds like you are up for the best 4As you can get. Sounds like Lobo:notworthy
There is one for sure on your list that will never schedule Longview.
For Garland:
Allen (re up.Tom Landry again?)
Wylie ( start it up)
Mesquite (old time tradition)
Ennis (again)
SLC (lets just see)
Lufkin ( we are ahead 2-1 all time)
Lewisville (never played)

Highland Park?

grayowl60
07-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Highland Park?
Na, watch what they schedule next go round... somebody is sceered;)

da wiz
07-05-2009, 07:51 PM
id like to see my dunbar wildcats play the dallas carter cowboys, use to play them a lot in the 90's, but not lately..

Bill4par
07-09-2009, 09:12 PM
I would like to see the D1 State Champions play the D2 State Champions automatically every year in the Herbstreet Challenge. To fill the Non district games have the previous Yrs brackets dictate who the D1 v D2 semi finalists were, and they square off etc. I'll let you know when I get the rest figured out.....

E-Vol-ution
07-10-2009, 09:25 AM
That would be a good one....or Lincoln vs Dunbar.

id like to see my dunbar wildcats play the dallas carter cowboys, use to play them a lot in the 90's, but not lately..

Ennis HS 76
07-10-2009, 03:46 PM
I would like to see the D1 State Champions play the D2 State Champions automatically every year in the Herbstreet Challenge. To fill the Non district games have the previous Yrs brackets dictate who the D1 v D2 semi finalists were, and they square off etc. I'll let you know when I get the rest figured out.....

That actually happen in class 4A in 2002. Denton Ryan (15-0 Div 1 champ '01) and Ennis (16-0 Div 2 champ '01) both pulled out of the '02 Tom Landry Classic to face off before 21,000 fans at Denton's Fouts Field. Ennis won 21-14 in a game that was as emotionally draining as any playoff game I've ever witnessed - and it was just the first game of the season. Unfortunately for us, we met Ryan in the semifinals later that year and blew an 11-point lead with 2 minutes remaining, losing 18-14. Ryan went on to win the title again the following week.

grayowl60
07-10-2009, 03:51 PM
That actually happen in class 4A in 2002. Denton Ryan (15-0 Div 1 champ '01) and Ennis (16-0 Div 2 champ '01) both pulled out of the '02 Tom Landry Classic to face off before 21,000 fans at Denton's Fouts Field. Ennis won 21-14 in a game that was as emotionally draining as any playoff game I've ever witnessed - and it was just the first game of the season. Unfortunately for us, we met Ryan in the semifinals later that year and blew an 11-point lead with 2 minutes remaining, losing 18-14. Ryan went on to win the title again the following week.
Yall must have been sceered to play the scooties:rolleyes: at least they will say you were. Dont believe the Lions or Coach Harrell is afraid of ANYBODY;)

Ennis HS 76
07-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Yall must have been sceered to play the scooties:rolleyes:
Of course we were - aren't everybody? :D

Seriously though, we faced HP in the playoffs 4 times over a 5 year period (2001-2005), going 2-2. I don't know what Ennis' criteria for scheduling opponents for non-district play. There are usually one or two 5A schools in the mix. The only thing I do know is that Ennis and Waxahachie will schedule a non-district game against the other if they're not in the same district (like in '04 - '05).

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-11-2009, 01:27 AM
That would be a good one....or Lincoln vs Dunbar.

The Wildcats actually had a 2 year contract with Lincoln a couple of years back. During that time, Dunbar was also playing Bowie, Lancaster, and a couple of other stout teams. They played a strong Brownwood team back in '02 and, twice in '03. Brownwood was in the semis in '02, and Dunbar actually beat the Lions that year in the Dave Campbell classic in San Antonio.

Dunbar, and OD Wyatt, have never, EVER, been afraid to play anybody, anywhere. And, that still holds true to this day, as both Dunbar and Wyatt will go back to Abilene in week 0.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-11-2009, 01:31 AM
Of course we were - aren't everybody? :D

Seriously though, we faced HP in the playoffs 4 times over a 5 year period (2001-2005), going 2-2. I don't know what Ennis' criteria for scheduling opponents for non-district play. There are usually one or two 5A schools in the mix. The only thing I do know is that Ennis and Waxahachie will schedule a non-district game against the other if they're not in the same district (like in '04 - '05).

I remember watching Ennis and Waxahachie play each other for the district title back in '01. Question! Do you think Graham Harrell crossed the goalline before being stripped or, was it the other way around? LOL!

SLC
07-11-2009, 01:39 AM
I remember watching Ennis and Waxahachie play each other for the district title back in '01. Question! Do you think Graham Harrell crossed the goalline before being stripped or, was it the other way around? LOL!

That depends on if you wear maroon and white or green and white...LOL.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-11-2009, 01:58 AM
That depends on if you wear maroon and white or green and white...LOL.

That's a legit point! LOL! That was one of the greatest games I've ever seen. There were some great games during the 2001 season! You had;

Dunbar/Stephenville, Everman/Forney, Sam Houston/DeSoto, DeSoto/Trinity (2nd game), Dunbar/Carroll, Ennis/Waxahachie, North Shore/Houston Madison, Lufkin/Westfield, Fossil Ridge/Lewisville, Mesquite/Taft, Waxahachie/Denton Ryan, Lufkin/Trinity, and, there were more that I can't remember. Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

SLC
07-11-2009, 02:13 AM
That's a legit point! LOL! That was one of the greatest games I've ever seen. There were some great games during the 2001 season! You had;

Dunbar/Stephenville, Everman/Forney, Sam Houston/DeSoto, DeSoto/Trinity (2nd game), Dunbar/Carroll, Ennis/Waxahachie, North Shore/Houston Madison, Lufkin/Westfield, Fossil Ridge/Lewisville, Mesquite/Taft, Waxahachie/Denton Ryan, Lufkin/Trinity, and, there were more that I can't remember. Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

Add to that some jaw droping, bone crushing, lunch box title games...Denton Ryan/SV, Commerce/La Grange, Celina/Garrison.

Ennis HS 76
07-11-2009, 08:32 AM
hahahaha

From the angle I saw the play, I couldn't tell.

Because the Ennis side of Lumpkins Stadium was already packed an hour before the kickoff, I walked through an open gate in front of the concession stand to get a seat on Waxahachie's side. As the game was winding down and it looked like the Indians were going win, the Hachie fans were getting too boisterous for comfort. So I left my seat and walked back toward the main concession building. However, that area around Waxahachie's stadium, just beyond the south end zone, is well below the field level - you are not able to see top of the playing surface if you're standing in there. That is where I was when I saw Graham "score" the winning TD (in that end zone). :D Didn't realize that there was a question about it until I saw a replay later that night. All I'll say about it is that maybe, just "maybe" I can understand why the Indian fans were upset!!! :D

One may look Waxahachie's 8-3 record from 2001 and not be too impressed. But the Indian were clearly among the very best of 4A that year. All three of their losses came against eventual state champions - they came very close the beating both Ennis (week 10) and Denton Ryan (week 1 of playoffs) on consecutive weeks. And their only other loss was to 3A champ Everman.

Ennis HS 76
07-11-2009, 09:45 AM

Don't forget the '01 Ennis / HP matchup in the region 2 finals!!! The Scotties were winning 38-24 with 8 minutes left when the Twilight Zone hit - we won 45-38. We finished the season as a 16-0 champ, but it was no fluke that they had us down - they beat us in a scrimmage earlier that year.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Add to that some jaw droping, bone crushing, lunch box title games...Denton Ryan/SV, Commerce/La Grange, Celina/Garrison.

Man! 2001 was a great year for high school football! One of the greatest years that we've ever saw!

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-11-2009, 10:17 AM
hahahaha

From the angle I saw the play, I couldn't tell.

Because the Ennis side of Lumpkins Stadium was already packed an hour before the kickoff, I walked through an open gate in front of the concession stand to get a seat on Waxahachie's side. As the game was winding down and it looked like the Indians were going win, the Hachie fans were getting too boisterous for comfort. So I left my seat and walked back toward the main concession building. However, that area around Waxahachie's stadium, just beyond the south end zone, is well below the field level - you are not able to see top of the playing surface if you're standing in there. That is where I was when I saw Graham "score" the winning TD (in that end zone). :D Didn't realize that there was a question about it until I saw a replay later that night. All I'll say about it is that maybe, just "maybe" I can understand why the Indian fans were upset!!! :D

One may look Waxahachie's 8-3 record from 2001 and not be too impressed. But the Indian were clearly among the very best of 4A that year. All three of their losses came against eventual state champions - they came very close the beating both Ennis (week 10) and Denton Ryan (week 1 of playoffs) on consecutive weeks. And their only other loss was to 3A champ Everman.

See, I couldn't tell either! I was sitting on the 'Hachie side with some friends but, we were toward the north end of the field. The atmosphere, and the game itself were something to see, and experience.

That 'Hachie team was a great one and, as you said, they lost to 3 state champions that year, all by no more than 6 points. I think Ryan beat them by 4, and Ennis by 1.

That Everman loss was actually an overtime loss, by a score of 13-7.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Don't forget the '01 Ennis / HP matchup in the region 2 finals!!! The Scotties were winning 38-24 with 8 minutes left when the Twilight Zone hit - we won 45-38. We finished the season as a 16-0 champ, but it was no fluke that they had us down - they beat us in a scrimmage earlier that year.

I forgot that y'all knocked heads with Highland Park that year. Wasn't that game played before the Fossil Ridge/Mesquite game?

Ennis HS 76
07-11-2009, 01:57 PM
I forgot that y'all knocked heads with Highland Park that year. Wasn't that game played before the Fossil Ridge/Mesquite game?

I don't know...I flew to the BWI airport on business that day . I listened to the 4th quarter while parked on the side of I-95 in a driving rain storm, just outside of Washington DC. I called my next door neighbor who held his phone next to the radio broadcast. I was too excited during our come-back to drive - I had to pull over...

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-11-2009, 05:33 PM
I don't know...I flew to the BWI airport on business that day . I listened to the 4th quarter while parked on the side of I-95 in a driving rain storm, just outside of Washington DC. I called my next door neighbor who held his phone next to the radio broadcast. I was too excited during our come-back to drive - I had to pull over...

LMAO!:notworthy That's great but, hilarious at the same time!

hunterbunter
07-13-2009, 01:26 AM
E-E has Calallen scheduled in Non District so thats great. Other than that, I'd like us to schedule some teams further up north we dont normally for tougher competition and experience, such as La Marque, Schertz Clemens, or Kerrville Tivy.