PDA

View Full Version : Teams Playing Up in Class

LoboBooster73
06-25-2009, 12:24 PM
All those teams scheduling upper class opponents for 2009 in non-district.

Longview, a 4A, has scheduled 5A Allen, 5A Lufkin & 5A Tyler Lee. Any teams playing up equal or more games?

grayowl60
06-25-2009, 01:09 PM

Longview, a 4A, has scheduled 5A Allen, 5A Lufkin & 5A Tyler Lee. Any teams playing up equal or more games?
Bishop Lynch? Fort Worth Masonic Home...oh wait, never mind:rolleyes:
GO LOBOS!!!!

ken-in-rockwall
06-26-2009, 08:42 AM

Rockwall (4A), has Midland High, Allen, Rowlett all 5A schools.

Rapture
06-26-2009, 09:18 AM

whoooooo!!!!!!!! i just dont understand some fans!!!!! as if this sopose to make longview look good or something or look like they be bad if they win just because they are 4a.:rolleyes: havnt you forgot that u r really a 5a team!!!!! u want be in 4a next year. yall have more students than some current 5a schools. so slack on this longview playin bigger class teams. they are just bigger on paper

grayowl60
06-26-2009, 09:34 AM
uil enrollment numbers:
Longview 2005
Allen 4837

Rapture
06-26-2009, 12:04 PM
uil enrollment numbers:
Longview 2005
Allen 4337
nope longview is above 2005 , well above

ken-in-rockwall
06-26-2009, 12:21 PM
uil enrollment numbers:
Longview 2005
Allen 4337

And
Rockwall 1917
Allen 4837 (actually-- mistyped huh!?!? ;) )

Number from:

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/2008align/pdf/4A_fb_enroll.pdf
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/2008align/pdf/5A_fb_enroll.pdf

LoboFan07
06-26-2009, 12:30 PM
whoooooo!!!!!!!! i just dont understand some fans!!!!! as if this sopose to make longview look good or something or look like they be bad if they win just because they are 4a.:rolleyes: havnt you forgot that u r really a 5a team!!!!! u want be in 4a next year. yall have more students than some current 5a schools. so slack on this longview playin bigger class teams. they are just bigger on paper

You have some serious issues with Longview that I don't really understand.

Whine all you want. We petitioned to stay up...we couldn't. And either which way, Longview has less students than Lee (and has the entire 7 game winning streak we have on you guys) and still whoops up on them.

Get over it. We here in Longview have. The Lobos are 4A and I'd be surprised if it changed anytime soon.

grayowl60
06-26-2009, 12:34 PM
nope longview is above 2005 , well above
Source ? Link?:D "Nope" the boss (uil) says its 2005 and thats what we will go by until Feb. 2010

grayowl60
06-26-2009, 12:43 PM
And
Rockwall 1917
Allen 4837 (actually-- mistyped huh!?!? ;) )

Number from:

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/2008align/pdf/4A_fb_enroll.pdf
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/2008align/pdf/5A_fb_enroll.pdf
Sorry, fixed. I must have discounted brass section of thier band

RedRage00
06-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Oh, I thought this thread was about teams with 4A numbers playing up a class in 5A like the Laredo schools used to do.

RP-3
06-26-2009, 02:22 PM

And Lee can't beat them in 5A or 4A. So no matter where we are you shouldn't worry about it.

Rapture
06-26-2009, 03:31 PM
You have some serious issues with Longview that I don't really understand.

Whine all you want. We petitioned to stay up...we couldn't. And either which way, Longview has less students than Lee (and has the entire 7 game winning streak we have on you guys) and still whoops up on them.

Get over it. We here in Longview have. The Lobos are 4A and I'd be surprised if it changed anytime soon.
yea its gonna change! what are you talkin about. every one except u no that longview is going back 5a next yr. why would u be surprised? unless their numbers go down again, which it just might, especially if yall dont win state this year. yall would be playing the number games again just to stay with the babies. other than tat yall are back i 5a next season. be surprised if you dont. well on second thought lol!! LMAO!!!!!

Rapture
06-26-2009, 03:34 PM
And Lee can't beat them in 5A or 4A. So no matter where we are you shouldn't worry about it.
go put somebodies run down stockings on and stay out grown people buisness

lobo1982
06-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Tyler Lee would finish at least 4th in our 4a district.I guess the babies can play some football.Rose stadium is our home away from home.

supercentex
06-27-2009, 12:58 AM

Waco High is opening with Belton High in the Waco Classic..then take on Copperas Cove ..and head to Round Rock to play Stony Point.

HUM398
06-27-2009, 02:06 AM
yea its gonna change! what are you talkin about. every one except no that longview is going back 5a next yr. why would u be surprised? unless their numbers go down again, which it just might, especially if yall dont win state this year. yall would be playing the number games again just to stay with the babies. other than tat yall are back i 5a next season. be surprised if you dont. well on second thought lol!! LMAO!!!!!

This is absolutely ridiculous claim you are making... It is not only highly improbable that Longview is playing a "numbers game" to stay with the "babies"...it is damn near impossible.

Those numbers are taken by regional UIL reps that do the research for every high school in their assigned region....So a chance of deleting a couple kids to stay 4a is unlikely, secondly the districts only way of actually fluffing or diminishing numbers is through attendance zoning..(of course they could make up a number and give it to the UIL...EXCEPT that the UIL actually counts the kids themselves )...and given that Longview is a One HS town...it as well is a cooked up delusion.

someone obsession has been noted, and your overreaching pathetic attempt for a moral victory....denied.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
06-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Waco High is opening with Belton High in the Waco Classic..then take on Copperas Cove ..and head to Round Rock to play Stony Point.

Waco High is never afraid to play anyone, ANYWHERE!:notworthy

lobo1982
06-28-2009, 08:50 AM
There are 3 high schools in Longview.

SWMHebron
06-28-2009, 08:58 AM

http://www.lisd.org/www/#

Click on "campuses". According the the Longview ISD website there is one.

E-Vol-ution
06-28-2009, 09:31 AM
You mean middle schools...right?

grayowl60
06-28-2009, 09:50 AM
http://www.lisd.org/www/#

Click on "campuses". According the the Longview ISD website there is one.
Spring Hill High School and Pinetree High School are located in the City of Longview, not in the Longview ISD.

SWMHebron
06-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Spring Hill High School and Pinetree High School are located in the City of Longview, not in the Longview ISD.

If they are not in Longview ISD, they are not pulling from Longview High School's numbers. Basically every boy in Longview ISD that wants to play football goes to Longview High School.

grayowl60
06-28-2009, 10:11 AM
If they are not in Longview ISD, they are not pulling from Longview High School's numbers. Basically every boy in Longview ISD that wants to play football goes to Longview High School.
You would think!...:D

Matthew 2000 Eagle
06-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Which brings me to ask the question about Longview and PineTree. I heard that they were playing each other at Rose Stadium this year.

Any truth to that, and why?

lobo1982
06-28-2009, 11:53 AM
There are 3 high schools in Longview.Pine Tree and Spring Hill have there own districts.Longview and Pine Tree are playing at Rose stadium because Pine Tree stadium only holds around 1000 on the visitor side and they didn't want to play the series at Lobo every year and just alternate sides every year.They decided to play at Rose so more fans could come.Harrison county in Longview is Hallsville ISD.

Rapture
06-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Which brings me to ask the question about Longview and PineTree. I heard that they were playing each other at Rose Stadium this year.

Any truth to that, and why?
yes its true, they played here last year to.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
06-28-2009, 07:32 PM
There are 3 high schools in Longview.Pine Tree and Spring Hill have there own districts.Longview and Pine Tree are playing at Rose stadium because Pine Tree stadium only holds around 1000 on the visitor side and they didn't want to play the series at Lobo every year and just alternate sides every year.They decided to play at Rose so more fans could come.Harrison county in Longview is Hallsville ISD.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

And, Harrison County in Longview? Sounds like Longview has alot of room to grow.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
06-28-2009, 07:37 PM
yes its true, they played here last year to.

Lots of history in that stadium!

Was Rose around when Earl was playing for JT?

LoboFan07
06-28-2009, 10:44 PM
They decided to play at Rose so more fans could come.

They've could've easily scheduled the game for Bobcat Stadium in Hallsville on a Thursday, but the PT officials want their players to play in Rose because they never had before and it would've been a playoff type game for them (at least that's what their coach said in the paper).

LoboFan07
06-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Was Rose around when Earl was playing for JT?

Rose Stadium opened in 1948. Whether they tore down a stadium and built a new stadium on top, I'm not sure. But they've been playing there since 1948. They've been playing on the fair grounds for who knows how long.

b756561
06-28-2009, 11:05 PM
[quote=LoboFan07;1222989
......Whine all you want. We petitioned to stay up...we couldn't. And either which way, Longview has less students than Lee (and has the entire 7 game winning streak we have on you guys) and still whoops up on them.
.....The Lobos are 4A.....

It doesn't matter whether Longview is classified as a 4A or a 5A school. They still play like one of the best teams in the state regardless of classifications. Just ask Allen (5A) or Lake Travis (4A). http://www.5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/images/icons/icon14.gif

bowiedawgs01
06-28-2009, 11:11 PM
I see the bias already.

There's no way on God's green earth that Longview cooks the books to drop to 4A, but it's a foregone conclusion that Highland Park does.

Granted, not every Lobo fan has said that about HP, and I'm not trying to paint you all with that same broad brush. I just think it's funny one school gets defended while another gets vilified.

P.S. Does Rapture actually speak English? :confused:

Aggies2009
06-28-2009, 11:28 PM
I see the bias already.

There's no way on God's green earth that Longview cooks the books to drop to 4A, but it's a foregone conclusion that Highland Park does.

Granted, not every Lobo fan has said that about HP, and I'm not trying to paint you all with that same broad brush. I just think it's funny one school gets defended while another gets vilified.

Did Highland Park petition to play up and get forced down AGAINST their will? Longview did. That might be the difference.

Aggies2009
06-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Rose Stadium opened in 1948. Whether they tore down a stadium and built a new stadium on top, I'm not sure. But they've been playing there since 1948. They've been playing on the fair grounds for who knows how long.

In a newspaper article I read regarding the 1939 Texas A&M vs Villanova, it said they played in Rose Stadium in Tyler.

grayowl60
06-28-2009, 11:51 PM
I see the bias already.

Ok yall, watch out ! this poster claims he runs this board/ and he is defender of all things "Park Cities" (wannabe). Also spell nazi;).....:D (yawn)
Go LOBOS!!!

Matthew 2000 Eagle
06-29-2009, 12:21 AM

Thanks for the clearing that up for me. So, Rose has been around a long time then.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
06-29-2009, 12:22 AM
They've could've easily scheduled the game for Bobcat Stadium in Hallsville on a Thursday, but the PT officials want their players to play in Rose because they never had before and it would've been a playoff type game for them (at least that's what their coach said in the paper).

Well, hell, they could've just played it in Longview. Lobo Stadium is a nice venue also!

Aggies2009
06-29-2009, 01:12 AM
Well, hell, they could've just played it in Longview. Lobo Stadium is a nice venue also!

Yeah, but that, you know, makes sense. :rolleyes:

Matthew 2000 Eagle
06-29-2009, 02:02 AM
Yeah, but that, you know, makes sense. :rolleyes:

That's what I was thinking! But, both teams have to drive, what is it, 30 minutes out of town to play each other?

RedRage00
06-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Did Highland Park petition to play up and get forced down AGAINST their will? Longview did. That might be the difference.

They were just wasting their time by petitioning up. The UIL only allows that for ISDs with multiple high schools. That is how the Corpus ISD and some Laredo schools got to play up for so many years.

RedRage00
06-29-2009, 08:05 AM
I see the bias already.

lol, you noticed that too?

Aggies2009
06-29-2009, 08:31 AM
lol, you noticed that too?

Like I said, when one school wants to play up and the other seemingly does everything they can to play down, it's easy to see why people defend one school while giving the other a hard time. :rolleyes:

grayowl60
06-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Like I said, when one school wants to play up and the other seemingly does everything they can to play down, it's easy to see why people defend one school while giving the other a hard time. :rolleyes:
You noticed that too?........":D"

LoboBooster73
06-29-2009, 08:47 AM
I see the bias already.

Longview actually ended up with more students in last realignment than did HP, as did Newman Smith (largest 4A school). If HP is winningest program, then play up during non-district (more than once) and never schedule TAPPS. Granted most 5As probably don't want to play HP because even with HP's record, it's a lose lose situation.

RedRage00
06-29-2009, 09:05 AM

Maybe the people at HP are smart enough to know that requesting to play up is a waste of time because they know the rules of the UIL. They know they are a one high school ISD and it won't be happening. Longview should know its a waste of time to petition up.

Where's the proof that HP lies about their enrollment? You really think the UIL cares so much about 1 school out of their 1200+ schools in TX to give them preferential treatment? wow.

grayowl60
06-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Longview actually ended up with more students in last realignment than did HP, as did Newman Smith (largest 4A school). If HP is winningest program, then play up during non-district (more than once) and never schedule TAPPS. Granted most 5As probably don't want to play HP because even with HP's record, it's a lose lose situation.
;)HPs non district schedule: Whens the parade?
Red Oak
Frisco Liberty
Coppell

Longviews non district schedule (08)
Allen
Tyler Lee
Evangel
Lufkin

HP has played Bishop Lynch 10 times since 1994

Rapture
06-29-2009, 09:18 AM
[quote=LoboFan07;1222989
......Whine all you want. We petitioned to stay up...we couldn't. And either which way, Longview has less students than Lee (and has the entire 7 game winning streak we have on you guys) and still whoops up on them.
.....The Lobos are 4A.....

It doesn't matter whether Longview is classified as a 4A or a 5A school. They still play like one of the best teams in the state regardless of classifications. Just ask Allen (5A) or Lake Travis (4A). http://www.5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/images/icons/icon14.gif
man for the 100th time longview if really a 5a school 1 they are just playing with the 4a till next re-alighnment, then they will go back 5a. they hope to win a state title but want work!!! dont have the tru grit!!!!!

LoboBooster73
06-29-2009, 09:31 AM
[quote=b756561;1224650]
Man, for the 100th time, Longview is really a 5a school. They are just playing in 4a till the next re-alignment, then they will go back 5a.

Cutoff in 2008 for 5A was 2075. In 2010, it will probably be around 2225. I would not be surprised if Longview remains in 4A and I wouldn't be surprised f John Tyler joins them. By the way, I fixed the spelling and grammar in your quote. You're welcome.

grayowl60
06-29-2009, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=Rapture;1224789]

Cutoff in 2008 for 5A was 2075. In 2010, it will probably be around 2225. I would not be surprised if Longview remains in 4A and I wouldn't be surprised f John Tyler joins them. By the way, I fixed the spelling and grammar in your quote. Your welcome.
I dont know if it will be that high. Lots of new schools have opened, that will lower the average. And growth has slowed all around and stopped in some areas

yallerjacket2
06-29-2009, 09:49 AM
[quote=Rapture;1224789]

Cutoff in 2008 for 5A was 2075. In 2010, it will probably be around 2225. I would not be surprised if Longview remains in 4A and I wouldn't be surprised f John Tyler joins them. By the way, I fixed the spelling and grammar in your quote. Your welcome.

You're

LoboBooster73
06-29-2009, 09:52 AM
[quote=LoboBooster73;1224794]

You're Thanks!

LoboFan07
06-29-2009, 10:13 AM
I think everyone in Longview knew that petitioning to stay up wouldn't do anything. But they tried it anyways. Why I don't know. But they did. Maybe it was to satisfy everyone that wanted to stay in 5A and show that they couldn't do anything. There was a major backlash among Longview grads that were just mad as they could be that the Lobos were now 4A instead of 5A.

The reason Highland Park gets picked on, instead of Longview, is because they've been on the brink of moving up a class for every realignment that I can remember. And every time they somehow find themselves behind the number.

Longview actually ended up with more students in last realignment than did HP, as did Newman Smith (largest 4A school).

Highland Park - 2,009
Longview - 2,005

Newman Smith came in with 2,084...and Midlothian came in with 2,059 (all in Region 2).

Cutoff in 2008 for 5A was 2075. In 2010, it will probably be around 2225. I would not be surprised if Longview remains in 4A and I wouldn't be surprised f John Tyler joins them. By the way, I fixed the spelling and grammar in your quote. You're welcome.

Obviously the cut off had to be higher than 2,075 because of Newman Smith's numbers (came straight from the UIL website). But I doubt it'll be up to 2,225. Maybe 2,175. Still, I think Longview is stuck in 4A whether they like it or not.

Personally I like it. Saves gas going from Longview to Dallas every damn week.

LoboBooster73
06-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Newman Smith came in with 2,084...and Midlothian came in with 2,059 (all in Region 2).

Obviously the cut off had to be higher than 2,075 because of Newman Smith's numbers (came straight from the UIL website). But I doubt it'll be up to 2,225. Maybe 2,175. Still, I think Longview is stuck in 4A whether they like it or not.

Personally I like it. Saves gas going from Longview to Dallas every damn week.

Yea, it was 2085. Thanks for correcting me. If it's not as high as 2225, regardless LGV is 4A to stay for awhile. It also makes seating interesting in some smaller venues.

Aggies2009
06-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Maybe the people at HP are smart enough to know that requesting to play up is a waste of time because they know the rules of the UIL. They know they are a one high school ISD and it won't be happening. Longview should know its a waste of time to petition up.

Where's the proof that HP lies about their enrollment? You really think the UIL cares so much about 1 school out of their 1200+ schools in TX to give them preferential treatment? wow.

No, I talked to Coach King at Longview myself and he told me he knew the rules before reciting them to me. You're the one who doesn't know them. They will grant the petition to play up if there are multiple schools in the school district OR if it helps on travel (something you apparently didn't know when you made your first post in this thread). He then said that he would try anyway because it wouldn't hurt anything to try. Either way, whether he "wasn't smart enough" to request to play up or whatever pathetic ad hominem you're throwing around, the fact remains that he did everything he could and mentioned several times that he wanted to play in 5A. Heck, look at who he scheduled in non-district: 5A teams (save Evangel who is a good Louisiana team). And who he scrimmaged: a 5A team.

Fact is, Longview did everything possible to play up, and when they weren't granted the right, they did so anyway as much as they could. HP, not so much.

Aggies2009
06-29-2009, 11:38 AM
[quote=b756561;1224650]
man for the 100th time longview if really a 5a school 1 they are just playing with the 4a till next re-alighnment, then they will go back 5a. they hope to win a state title but want work!!! dont have the tru grit!!!!!

Your conspiracy theories are pathetic. Many people here have all said they can't see Longview intentionally dropping numbers to tyr and play in 4A (and I guess the fact that we did everything we could to play up escapes your ignorant self). You're the only one who cries about Longview being in 4A. Get over it. We own Lee no matter what classification we are.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
06-29-2009, 11:54 AM

He took Plies for English 1, and Craig Mack for English 2! LOL!

Matthew 2000 Eagle
06-29-2009, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=Rapture;1224789]

Wow! I didn't realize that JT's enrollment was that close to the cutoff. Now, I know that Tyler is growing but, is ALL of the growth on the southside of Tyler? And, if so, where do the kids on the southside of Tyler go to school at?

LoboBooster73
06-29-2009, 12:03 PM
where do the kids on the southside of Tyler go to school at?

That would be Tyler Lee.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
06-29-2009, 12:04 PM
That would be Tyler Lee.

That explains it then!

b756561
06-29-2009, 01:27 PM
[quote=b756561;1224650]

Okay Rapture, but once again I say,"It doesn't matter whether Longview is classified as a 4A or a 5A school. They still play like one of the best teams in the state regardless of classifications. Just ask Allen (5A) or Lake Travis (4A)." http://www.5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/images/icons/icon14.gif

kalanj
06-29-2009, 01:33 PM
All of the kids on the southside don't go to Robert E. Lee. If that was the case Lee would have well over 3000 students. Alot of kids go to private schools in Tyler. All Saints, Grace, T. K. Groman, and Brookhill just to name a few.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
06-29-2009, 01:41 PM
All of the kids on the southside don't go to Robert E. Lee. If that was the case Lee would have well over 3000 students. Alot of kids go to private schools in Tyler. All Saints, Grace, T. K. Groman, and Brookhill just to name a few.

Okay, I gotcha!

How much difference is there between JT and Robert E. Lee's enrollment?

kalanj
06-29-2009, 01:58 PM
about 500 students to tell the truth the way they have the alignment in Tyler is messed up. We have 6 middle schools in Tyler. Lee Gets 3 1/2 and Jt gets 2 1/2

Matthew 2000 Eagle
06-29-2009, 02:07 PM
about 500 students Tell you the truth the way they have the alignment in Tyler is messed up. We have 6 middle schools in Tyler. Lee Gets 3 1/2 and Jt gets 2 1/2

:confused:

Rapture
06-29-2009, 02:10 PM
[quote=LoboBooster73;1224794]

Wow! I didn't realize that JT's enrollment was that close to the cutoff. Now, I know that Tyler is growing but, is ALL of the growth on the southside of Tyler? And, if so, where do the kids on the southside of Tyler go to school at?
mathew i didnt write that quate somebody changed what i said. maybe a longview fan. jt will not go 4a and longview will be back in 5a next season.

Rapture
06-29-2009, 02:11 PM
something is wrong with the posting dill. the wrong name sare coming up

Aggies2009
06-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Okay Rapture, but once again I say,"It doesn't matter whether Longview is classified as a 4A or a 5A school. They still play like one of the best teams in the state regardless of classifications. Just ask Allen (5A) or Lake Travis (4A)." http://www.5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/images/icons/icon14.gif

Shhh, don't tell him that. To him Longview is a crappy team who gets lucky and has refs on their side, coached by a coach who inherited a good team 5 years ago, and that is the reason for his success today, and is in 4A only to try and win a title via some wacky conspiracy. ;)

SWMHebron
06-29-2009, 06:14 PM

When we lived there we were on the south side of town. We had a Tyler address but were in the Whitehouse school district.

BandidoNB
06-29-2009, 08:33 PM
No, I talked to Coach King at Longview myself and he told me he knew the rules before reciting them to me. You're the one who doesn't know them. They will grant the petition to play up if there are multiple schools in the school district OR if it helps on travel (something you apparently didn't know when you made your first post in this thread). He then said that he would try anyway because it wouldn't hurt anything to try. Either way, whether he "wasn't smart enough" to request to play up or whatever pathetic ad hominem you're throwing around, the fact remains that he did everything he could and mentioned several times that he wanted to play in 5A. Heck, look at who he scheduled in non-district: 5A teams (save Evangel who is a good Louisiana team). And who he scrimmaged: a 5A team.

Fact is, Longview did everything possible to play up, and when they weren't granted the right, they did so anyway as much as they could. HP, not so much.

Actually I know that RedRage knows about the travel hardship rules because of his post earlier regarding the Laredo schools and Eagle pass schools petitioning up to 5A. I think he was referring to the fact that, with so many 4A schools in Longviews immediate area, it would be a tough sell to claim travel hardship for Longview. In fact, the UIL could easily see that it would be more of a travel hardship for Longview to be in 5A, since they would then be required to travel all the way to Dallas or Houston for district games. I can see why RR thought the petition would be a 'waste of time'.

Aggies2009
06-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Actually I know that RedRage knows about the travel hardship rules because of his post earlier regarding the Laredo schools and Eagle pass schools petitioning up to 5A. I think he was referring to the fact that, with so many 4A schools in Longviews immediate area, it would be a tough sell to claim travel hardship for Longview. In fact, the UIL could easily see that it would be more of a travel hardship for Longview to be in 5A, since they would then be required to travel all the way to Dallas or Houston for district games. I can see why RR thought the petition would be a 'waste of time'.

I see. It's just rather convenient he left that out and up to you to read his mind, piece it together, and deliver the message to me. :rolleyes:

Yes, traveling to Hallsville, Marshall, and Pine Tree is much better than to Tyler twice, Mesquite twice, and De Soto. But all the crap about, "Highland Park is smart enough to do this while Longview isn't," is a load of bull as well.

grayowl60
06-29-2009, 09:27 PM
I see. It's just rather convenient he left that out and up to you to read his mind, piece it together, and deliver the message to me. :rolleyes:

Yes, traveling to Hallsville, Marshall, and Pine Tree is much better than to Tyler twice, Mesquite twice, and De Soto. But all the crap about, "Highland Park is smart enough to do this while Longview isn't," is a load of bull as well.
LMAO.... ya think?...........:D.... yawn:rolleyes:

Matthew 2000 Eagle
06-29-2009, 11:47 PM
[quote=Matthew 2000 Eagle;1224876]
mathew i didnt write that quate somebody changed what i said. maybe a longview fan. jt will not go 4a and longview will be back in 5a next season.

It's all good! I've seen that happen on here before. Although, I'm not sure who they're a fan of. LOL!

LP-79
06-30-2009, 02:04 AM
Actually in Tyler all the Apartment complexes outside the loop are zoned to Whitehouse or Chappel Hill. It seems like all the "OLD" money in Tyler wants no growth on the North Side.

RedRage00
06-30-2009, 08:45 AM

He read my mind pretty well. Also, HP has been in 4A for years. By now, I think they would know they aren't going to go anywhere with a petition so they don't waste their time. That is what I meant. Give Longview a few more alignments in 4A and I'm sure they won't waste their time petitioning up. They'll know where they stand after several alignments in 4A. Take a chill pill. I wasn't attacking LV.

bowiedawgs01
06-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Don't bother. If he had read the HP threads in the past, he'd know we know the UIL rules regarding petitioning up.

And of course Longview is playing 5A teams in predistrict. They've spent so many years in 5A, they've built up some serious rivalries with those teams and want to keep them alive. Of course Longview is playing Lufkin and Lee.

Highland Park doesn't have any rivals in 5A. Actually, they don't really have any rivals at all. My friend yearns for a rival. A team close by they could play every year and have a blood feud with. They just don't have it, and probably won't in the near future.

grayowl60
06-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Don't bother. If he had read the HP threads in the past, he'd know we know the UIL rules regarding petitioning up.

And of course Longview is playing 5A teams in predistrict. They've spent so many years in 5A, they've built up some serious rivalries with those teams and want to keep them alive. Of course Longview is playing Lufkin and Lee.

Highland Park doesn't have any rivals in 5A. Actually, they don't really have any rivals at all. My friend yearns for a rival. A team close by they could play every year and have a blood feud with. They just don't have it, and probably won't in the near future.
There are some other DFW football programs that are right there with HP as far as the number of 4A state championships won. Wilmer Huthchins and North Crowly, Like HP both have one. Those might be a good rivalrys to get started since Bishop Lynch ( who HP has played ten times since 94) seems to be unavailable.
It might be a good excercise to compare Athletic budgets of "storied" teams that play in 4A. What does Evermans coach make? La Marque? and what does the HP coach make in compairison?
Spell check

Aggies2009
07-01-2009, 08:30 AM

Yeah, considering I spouted said rules off in this thread numerous times and said that their thought process was that it doesn't hurt to try. Please read before embarrassing yourself next time. Thanks.

Yeah. I mean, we had such a HUGE rivalry going on with Allen before this past year, didn't we? We played them all of 2 times, once in the playoffs. Not to mention there were two years when Longview was 5A that they didn't have Lufkin on the schedule, so we don't schedule them simply because, "They're a rival."

Rapture
07-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Yeah, considering I spouted said rules off in this thread numerous times and said that their thought process was that it doesn't hurt to try. Please read before embarrassing yourself next time. Thanks.

Yeah. I mean, we had such a HUGE rivalry going on with Allen before this past year, didn't we? We played them all of 2 times, once in the playoffs. Not to mention there were two years when Longview was 5A that they didn't have Lufkin on the schedule, so we don't schedule them simply because, "They're a rival."
yes we do! yall didnt play lufkin when they left because you couldnt schedule them. they were full in non-didstrict. when yall left and went to 4a. lee and JT scheduled yall for scrimmage and non-district games because uof the rilvary and the closeness of the programs. look @ longview and marshall,lufkin and NAC,JT
7 lee will always have each other

E-Vol-ution
07-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Okay.....not familiar locationwise, but I have a lot of family living on "the hill". What school is that zoned to? I thought all my younger family members went to JT( huge family last name Black) even though one I know of went to Lee recently.
Actually in Tyler all the Apartment complexes outside the loop are zoned to Whitehouse or Chappel Hill. It seems like all the "OLD" money in Tyler wants no growth on the North Side.

Aggies2009
07-01-2009, 10:23 AM
yes we do! yall didnt play lufkin when they left because you couldnt schedule them. they were full in non-didstrict.

Proof?

And we play Lee because both of us needed an opponent and Lee is closer than Mesquite who also wanted us.

bowiedawgs01
07-01-2009, 02:10 PM

We both cited the rules at least two months ago on this board. Please read before embarrassing(sic) yourself next time. Thanks.

And btw, I didn't list Allen, did I?

bowiedawgs01
07-01-2009, 02:20 PM

I wanted to make comment on this. It just makes me laugh.

So, because HP understands the rules and knows it is pointless and/or hopeless to try and move up to 5A given their situation, they're considered scared?

But Longview, given the same situation and knowledge of the same rules, bangs their head on the proverbial wall anyway, are looked at in a different light?

Yep. Makes perfect sense.

I don't even care or mind that Longview tried. Who knows? Maybe they could have convinced the UIL to change their rules? That would be fine. But to hold it against HP is dumb. Obviously, now that we can look back, we know that HP was right about the UIL. They don't care who you are or how much history you have. Rules are rules.

grayowl60
07-01-2009, 03:16 PM

So, because HP understands the rules and knows it is pointless and/or hopeless to try and move up to 5A given their situation, they're considered scared?

But Longview, given the same situation and knowledge of the same rules, bangs their head on the proverbial wall anyway, are looked at in a different light?

I don't even care or mind that Longview tried. Who knows? Maybe they could have convinced the UIL to change their rules? That would be fine. But to hold it against HP is dumb. Obviously, now that we can look back, we know that HP was right about the UIL. They don't care who you are or how much history you have. Rules are rules.There are exceptions to those rules that HP hide behind. If all parties agree, and if there are good reasons, exceptions are made. Longview tried to keep the old strong East Texas group together, That would keep DeSoto from playing in an East Texas district. Thay at least tried.
In the mean time, Longview schedules Allen, Lufkin. Evangel, Lee. And Highland Park, you know that storied program (?), well they schedule Red Oak, Frisco Liberty and Coppell, yerning to find a rival.
Nuff said
Go Lobos!!!;)

bowiedawgs01
07-01-2009, 03:23 PM
There were no good reasons for either HP or Longview. So, no concessions were made. It's not like it put a strain on travel on either school to drop them to 4A. There are plenty of 4A schools nearby to make up a district with ease, unlike Eagle Pass. They aren't members of multi-school districts, unlike the two Fort Bend schools with 4A numbers.

It's pretty cut and dry.

grayowl60
07-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Scheduling weak non district teams, and staying just under the 5A cut off is considered "Good Business" for the Park Cities/North Dallas type. Its all Hype and manipulation.

bowiedawgs01
07-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Prove they manipulate numbers, or stifle yourself.

Or I guess you can just keep spouting nonsense and continue looking uninformed, to put it mildly.

grayowl60
07-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Prove they manipulate numbers, or stifle yourself.

Or I guess you can just keep spouting nonsense and continue looking uninformed, to put it mildly.
Its that your best shot?::confused: LMAO They cant hide the non district schedule, it is what it is, and they are good at that other stuff ( insider politics, manipulation etc.) to many of those people its a way of life. To much coincedence

bowiedawgs01
07-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Short on proof, as usual. Just hearsay, assumptions and lies on your part.

Par for the course.

grayowl60
07-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Short on proof, as usual. Just hearsay, assumptions and lies on your part.

Par for the course.
No, years and years of witnessing it, seeing results in business dealings , too much smoke. "trust Me" lmfao

grayowl60
07-01-2009, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=bowiedawgs01;1226549]Short on proof, as usual. Just hearsay, assumptions and lies on your part.

Par for the course.[/QUOTE
Junior, I have quoted records and facts and stated my opinions. Now, calling somebody a liar, means you need to show where there has been a lie. Try to show you are really cute and worthy of the scotty nation and name the lie.... got balls? waiting:Censor:

yallerjacket2
07-01-2009, 06:40 PM
[quote=bowiedawgs01;1226549]Short on proof, as usual. Just hearsay, assumptions and lies on your part.

Par for the course.[/QUOTE
Junior, I have quoted records and facts and stated my opinions. Now, calling somebody a liar, means you need to show where there has been a lie. Try to show you are really cute and worthy of the scotty nation and name the lie.... got balls? waiting:Censor:

You say Highland Park manipulates the numbers to stay in 4A. That's a lie. Unless you have proof...or even any kind of evidence whatsoever.

Aggies2009
07-01-2009, 06:48 PM
We both cited the rules at least two months ago on this board. Please read before embarrassing(sic) yourself next time. Thanks.

And btw, I didn't list Allen, did I?

LMAO... Said topics aren't even around any more, if they even existed. And you didn't list anyone, moron.

Aggies2009
07-01-2009, 06:59 PM

I don't even care or mind that Longview tried. Who knows? Maybe they could have convinced the UIL to change their rules? That would be fine. But to hold it against HP is dumb. Obviously, now that we can look back, we know that HP was right about the UIL. They don't care who you are or how much history you have. Rules are rules.
It makes you laugh? YOu must have a simple mind if you're so easily amused, but you've proved that enough by yourself. Look. Don't get mad at me because the masses see Highland Park as cowards and Longview with the attitude that they'll play anyone anywhere. Longview schedules nationally ranked teams whenever the can. HP schedules pathetic 4A teams or decent 5A teams, nothing to write home about.

Aggies2009
07-01-2009, 07:09 PM
[quote=grayowl60;1226593]

You say Highland Park manipulates the numbers to stay in 4A. That's a lie. Unless you have proof...or even any kind of evidence whatsoever.

LMAO It's a lie?! It's a claim, genius. Whether or not his claim is right or wrong doesn't make it a lie. Only he knows if he's really lying or not.

yallerjacket2
07-01-2009, 07:15 PM
[quote=yallerjacket2;1226637]

LMAO It's a lie?! It's a claim, genius. Whether or not his claim is right or wrong doesn't make it a lie. Only he knows if he's really lying or not.

Well, I claim that he's lying.

grayowl60
07-01-2009, 10:48 PM
[quote=grayowl60;1226593]

I dont know how that got to be a quote from me... never said that... interesting
Where is scootie too in this deal. I know of conversations, discussions
going back several years that include statements from HP bigshots ( there are many of them, in fact they all are) with comments like, " let them try to prove it" and "we are covered" so maybe its a claim because it could never be proven in court, and those people need to know the legal system well. Again the non district schedule is what it is. It will be clear what they are, (always have been) in the spring of 2010. Everybody has a clean slate, and teams will be availlable for non district games. Lets see what they do.... again. Allen, SLC, Trinity, Cedar Hill..? Bishop Lynch may be around to renew the rivalry. Maybe we should start a poll to guess how far HP will be under the 5A cut off.... I say no more than 25;)

LoboFan07
07-02-2009, 05:59 AM
You people really need to learn how to remove the 2nd quote name from your posts.

yallerjacket2
07-02-2009, 11:56 AM
You people really need to learn how to remove the 2nd quote name from your posts.

Why don't you tell us how to do it?

scottie2
07-02-2009, 03:34 PM
I see the bias already.

We don't cook the books we just buy our way into 4A. If we don't win state next year we are moving to 3A.

It is simply jealousy, it makes rational people irrational

BandidoNB
07-02-2009, 03:37 PM
I seriously doubt HP is trying to stay 4A. In case anyone hasnt noticed, their school district is landlocked and is fully developed. I dont see them ever going 5A.

scottie2
07-02-2009, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=yallerjacket2;1226637]
I dont know how that got to be a quote from me... never said that... interesting
Where is scootie too in this deal. I know of conversations, discussions
going back several years that include statements from HP bigshots ( there are many of them, in fact they all are) with comments like, " let them try to prove it" and "we are covered" so maybe its a claim because it could never be proven in court, and those people need to know the legal system well. Again the non district schedule is what it is. It will be clear what they are, (always have been) in the spring of 2010. Everybody has a clean slate, and teams will be availlable for non district games. Lets see what they do.... again. Allen, SLC, Trinity, Cedar Hill..? Bishop Lynch may be around to renew the rivalry. Maybe we should start a poll to guess how far HP will be under the 5A cut off.... I say no more than 25;)

There is no proof becuase it simply not true. HP officals go to great lengths to follow the rules just as most every ISD in Texas does. There are just irrational people who are jealous about HP's success for some reason.

HP has trouble scheduling games because most 5A coaches do not want to lose to a 4A program

grayowl60
07-02-2009, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=grayowl60;1226792]

There is no proof becuase it simply not true. HP officals go to great lengths to follow the rules just as most every ISD in Texas does. There are just irrational people who are jealous about HP's success for some reason.

HP has trouble scheduling games because most 5A coaches do not want to lose to a 4A program
Proof? hearsay? Link?....lie!!! Name one top 5A that refused to play after HP tried....hello?:notworthy

LoboBooster73
07-02-2009, 03:53 PM

Yet, Longview can schedule three 5A teams and Longview went deeper in the playoffs last year than HP :confused:

E-Vol-ution
07-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Uh........call Coach Kemp at Arlington Bowie anytime. I doubt that will happen.

[quote=grayowl60;1226792]

grayowl60
07-02-2009, 04:00 PM
[quote=scottie2;1227281]
Again... a qoute that is not from me
Why shoild they play Bowie, Mesquite, Lake Highlands, Plano West etc. when Red Oak, Smith, Bioshop Lynch etc are available.... money in the bank:notworthy

SWMHebron
07-02-2009, 04:02 PM
I seriously doubt HP is trying to stay 4A. In case anyone hasnt noticed, their school district is landlocked and is fully developed. I dont see them ever going 5A.

Well, yeah, but where is the fun in acknowledging that?

E-Vol-ution
07-02-2009, 05:16 PM
That was wild....I knew that wasn't your qoute Owl.

Again... a qoute that is not from me
Why shoild they play Bowie, Mesquite, Lake Highlands, Plano West etc. when Red Oak, Smith, Bioshop Lynch etc are available.... money in the bank:notworthy

scottie2
07-06-2009, 08:59 AM
[QUOTE=scottie2;1227281]
Proof? hearsay? Link?....lie!!! Name one top 5A that refused to play after HP tried....hello?:notworthy

Garland cancelled on HP afteer two losses in a row

Maroondog
07-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Yet, Longview can schedule three 5A teams and Longview went deeper in the playoffs last year than HP :confused:

Please, please, you are raining all over scotties argument. :eek::D

grayowl60
07-06-2009, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE=grayowl60;1227287]

Link? Proof? Balls?

grayowl60
07-06-2009, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=grayowl60;1227287]

Actually its well known that HP cancelled. Most teams will schedule non district games for two years, then move on to other teams.
HP did not schedule ANY teams they had played in non district in 99, again in 2000, They needed room for a new group of teams, like Jesuit, Carrolton Smith, and Terrel. Garland scheduled DeSoto, Arlington Lamar and Plano East in 2000

HP did beat Garland in the first game in 99. There are some that will question that game, but HP was the better team that night, and it served as a wake up. The very athletic Garland team went undefeated from there, and beat a vary good Katy team for a state championship.
HP lost in the first round that year to Dallas Samual, and Greenville I think the next year.

HP and others can always find room for rivals, as HP has scheduled thier arch rival Bishop Lynch, who I believe they have played at least 6 times this decade, 10 times since the mid 90s

grayowl60
07-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Please, please, you are raining all over scotties argument. :eek::D
Does Highland Park have a feed store? A Dairy Queen? There's thier problem!

bowiedawgs01
07-07-2009, 03:13 PM
LMAO... Said topics aren't even around any more, if they even existed. And you didn't list anyone, moron.

"Of course Longview is playing Lufkin and Lee."

I never even mentioned Allen. Typical aggy reading comprehension problems, I see.

bowiedawgs01
07-07-2009, 03:16 PM

You're a liar. Call me all the names in your limited vocabulary. It doesn't change a thing.

I'm not the one making outlandish claims and then backing them up with, "I'm old, so I just know." I'm not the one that has to provide any sort of proof. You do.

If you refuse to, or more likely, cannot, then I will continue to call you a liar.

bowiedawgs01
07-07-2009, 03:29 PM
BTW, I'm not going to get pulled into a name-calling fest with y'all again.

Go ahead. Call me a moron. Question my masculinity with "homo" and "got balls?" retorts. I don't really care anymore.

I've been to two funerals of people very close to me in the last week. I won't be very tolerant of your endless, mindless smack.

Garland has a good team. Enjoy that. Quit making yourself look bad.

grayowl60
07-07-2009, 03:40 PM
You're a liar. Call me all the names in your limited vocabulary. It doesn't change a thing.

I'm not the one making outlandish claims and then backing them up with, "I'm old, so I just know." I'm not the one that has to provide any sort of proof. You do.

If you refuse to, or more likely, cannot, then I will continue to call you a liar.
Hay there scootsie ll. talking typical. eh? I just wanted to know where is the lie? You and yuor hero throw crap out, and dont like what comes back. Thanks for looking up those records of the powehouse teams that your boys made the winning record with.:notworthy

bowiedawgs01
07-07-2009, 03:43 PM
You're the only one tossing crap. It comes easy to those who wallow in the mire.

yallerjacket2
07-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Hay there scootsie ll. talking typical. eh? I just wanted to know where is the lie? You and yuor hero throw crap out, and dont like what comes back. Thanks for looking up those records of the powehouse teams that your boys made the winning record with.:notworthy

You need to let it go, man. Judging by your username, I'm thinking you're not in high school anymore. If that's the case, you really need to stop childishly deriding a high school football team. There is absolutely no reason for you to hate the Highland Park Scots.

grayowl60
07-07-2009, 03:49 PM
You're the only one tossing crap. It comes easy to those who wallow in the mire.
C'mon scootsie, dont ypu think its very convenient that your boys are always just a little under the cut off.... and being the wealthiest district anywhere,(just ask them they dont mind telling about it) with the highest paid coach... etc. they fail to win championships (one in fifty+ years and that in 4A). But then... maybe its time for another parade.....:D

bowiedawgs01
07-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Your smack is very much like yourself. Old and weak.

grayowl60
07-07-2009, 03:54 PM
You need to let it go, man. Judging by your username, I'm thinking you're not in high school anymore. If that's the case, you really need to stop childishly deriding a high school football team. There is absolutely no reason for you to hate the Highland Park Scots.
This goes back a while, so maybe you need to butt out. Its much more than just athletics. Cant emagine Grayson county defending those kind of people.
But it is is all fun to watch the skirts try to defend thier FAILURE in football

bowiedawgs01
07-07-2009, 03:57 PM
I think he makes rather good points, and he's not even defending HP. He's just noticing your senility.

grayowl60
07-07-2009, 04:05 PM
I think he makes rather good points, and he's not even defending HP. He's just noticing your senility.
Now that right there is some strong stuff.....you got me....oh, why cant HP win 4A championships consistantly? Thay are elite. right?:notworthy... "just saying" Lmao :D

LoboBooster73
07-07-2009, 04:08 PM

I don't see it a totally about rivalries. Longview had no rivalry with Allen. It had no rivalry when it scheduled national powers, Shreveport Evangel & John Curtis. It had no rivalry with Midland Lee when it scheduled a home & home in 2000-2001. It had no rivalry with Duncanville when it scheduled them in 1998 and 1999 at Texas Stadium. And many match-ups with Lake Highlands at Wildcat-Ram at Lobo Stadium. So, you see, it doesn't have to be about past rivalries or close proximity. It has more about the desire to compete and stretch the envelope and prove to youselves and others that you belong.

bowiedawgs01
07-07-2009, 04:21 PM
You make good points, Lobo. I can't claim to know exactly what is going on inside the HP athletic department with regards to scheduling. I can go off history and what I hear from my friend (who played there, worked there, and has a good relationship with the entire program).

He's given me instances where HP has gone to some 5A schools to try and set up games, but got denied. I'd rather not name names because it'll just start more fights...also because I'd have to go ask him again! He has pushed for more inter-regional matchups, like Alamo Heights. But apparently, HP doesn't spend a whole lot on their athletics. Especially not for pre-district travel. He claims it's because they give the most, or close to it, to Robin Hood of any district. Personally, I'm not sure of all that. But it's possible.

I only mentioned rivals because it would make scheduling easier. I wasn't claiming Longview ONLY plays rivals. It's just that if HP had a Lufkin-type rival in 5A, it'd be much cooler.

I would love for an SLC vs. HP matchup every year. That would be a great series.

yallerjacket2
07-07-2009, 05:12 PM
This goes back a while, so maybe you need to butt out. Its much more than just athletics. Cant emagine Grayson county defending those kind of people.
But it is is all fun to watch the skirts try to defend thier FAILURE in football

I'm not defending them. I don't even know anybody from Highland Park. They were in our district when I played high school ball. I hated them then because they were good and I was jealous. They had nice new unis and my jersey was all ripped to he11. Their parents had money. Mine had none. Now that I'm older, I find there is no reason to hate anybody unless they harm me in some way.

grayowl60
07-07-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm not defending them. I don't even know anybody from Highland Park. They were in our district when I played high school ball. I hated them then because they were good and I was jealous. They had nice new unis and my jersey was all ripped to he11. Their parents had money. Mine had none. Now that I'm older, I find there is no reason to hate anybody unless they harm me in some way.
Love the Yellowjackets...Good luck this year. Got connections up in there, besides I pass through on the way to visit my friends in the Choctaw Nation. Maybe you are far enough away from Preston Road paradise that you dont have to put up with the... ah.. aroma;)...:D

yallerjacket2
07-08-2009, 05:30 AM
Love the Yellowjackets...Good luck this year. Got connections up in there, besides I pass through on the way to visit my friends in the Choctaw Nation. Maybe you are far enough away from Preston Road paradise that you dont have to put up with the... ah.. aroma;)...:D

Well, I actually live in Durant, OK now, so I get to smell a different, worse... ah... aroma :(

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Well, I actually live in Durant, OK now, so I get to smell a different, worse... ah... aroma :(
Oh?....Is it the smell of Texas money going into the casino?:o

RedRage00
07-08-2009, 09:17 AM

That's exactly why he hates them too....except you were able to MOVE ON and get a LIFE ;)

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 09:22 AM
That's exactly why he hates them too....except you were able to MOVE ON and get a LIFE ;)
Punk has it figured out.... thats some really strong stuff...;):D

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 09:34 AM
You make good points, Lobo. I can't claim to know exactly what is going on inside the HP athletic department with regards to scheduling. I can go off history and what I hear from my friend (who played there, worked there, and has a good relationship with the entire program).

He's given me instances where HP has gone to some 5A schools to try and set up games, but got denied. I'd rather not name names because it'll just start more fights...also because I'd have to go ask him again! He has pushed for more inter-regional matchups, like Alamo Heights. But apparently, HP doesn't spend a whole lot on their athletics. Especially not for pre-district travel. He claims it's because they give the most, or close to it, to Robin Hood of any district. Personally, I'm not sure of all that. But it's possible.

I only mentioned rivals because it would make scheduling easier. I wasn't claiming Longview ONLY plays rivals. It's just that if HP had a Lufkin-type rival in 5A, it'd be much cooler.

I would love for an SLC vs. HP matchup every year. That would be a great series.
So now we know. The reason the legends dont play contending 5As is because of budget problems caused by Robin Hood. So they play Bishop Lynch (10 times since the mid 90s) Dallas Lincoln, Red Oak, Coppell, Frisco and Frisco Liberty etc.(the contending 5as are sceered:rolleyes:) Now if you believe that I am sure there are some Park Cities Real estate agents, stock brokers and car dealers that would like to talk to you. What does the HP head coach make; rank in the state in head coach salary?

RedRage00
07-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Punk has it figured out.... thats some really strong stuff...;):D

Got it in Garland ;)

bowiedawgs01
07-08-2009, 10:09 AM
It's obvious they spend a lot on their coach. That's what truly matters. Their stadium is nothing to write home about. Their weight room is old and outdated. They don't have an indoor facility like so many newer districts. They don't spend on travel unless it's the playoffs.

If HP is so beneath you, why are half your posts either directly related to them, or have a thinly veiled shot at them? It's kind of pathetic.

I don't get in these conversations to defend HP as much as I do to laugh at your next lame attempt at smack. It's quite comical.

Thanks for the laughs.

RedRage00
07-08-2009, 10:19 AM
It's obvious they spend a lot on their coach. That's what truly matters. Their stadium is nothing to write home about. Their weight room is old and outdated. They don't have an indoor facility like so many newer districts. They don't spend on travel unless it's the playoffs.

If HP is so beneath you, why are half your posts either directly related to them, or have a thinly veiled shot at them? It's kind of pathetic.
I don't get in these conversations to defend HP as much as I do to laugh at your next lame attempt at smack. It's quite comical.

Thanks for the laughs.

Pure jealousy.

HP spent so many years owning him and his Garland Owls that its made him bitter. It is pretty funny though. You'd think at his age he would MOVE ON already. Yallerjacket did. He's obviously a smarter man. :cool:

Aggies2009
07-08-2009, 10:37 AM

Thanks for the laughs.

Oh, look! The ages old, "If I ACT like I'm enjoying this, say I'm entertained, etc., maybe he will stop!" act. Gotta love when people resort to that. He obviously doesn't like Highland Park and nothing you say will change that. You obviously live vicariously through them for some reason, and will defend them from whatever. Neither side can prove or disprove claims that the other makes regarding conspiring to stay in 4A because HP is scared or whatnot. Can you two move on?

Aggies2009
07-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Pure jealousy.

HP spent so many years owning him and his Garland Owls that its made him bitter. It is pretty funny though. You'd think at his age he would MOVE ON already. Yallerjacket did. He's obviously a smarter man. :cool:

If I were a Garland fan, I'd hardly be jealous of HP.

Actually, the programs are very similar, but one plays at the highest level.

RedRage00
07-08-2009, 10:52 AM
If I were a Garland fan, I'd hardly be jealous of HP.
Actually, the programs are very similar, but one plays at the highest level.

I'd be bitter too if a team had what? a 26-4-2 record against me..somewhere along those lines.

Aggies2009
07-08-2009, 11:00 AM
I'd be bitter too if a team had what? a 26-4-2 record against me..somewhere along those lines.

But if they had successful seasons, state titles, etc. at the HIGHEST CLASSIFICATION, I wouldn't care how many times I lost to a team in the past. Kinda like OU and Texas fans. I'm sure OU fans could care less about the all-time series with Texas, especially with games that happened ages ago, when they have more national titles, more conference titles, compete every year for one, etc. I know the ratio of championships and whatnot of the OU-Texas thing I'm talking about isn't as lopsided as the Garland-HP series, but you get the picture. At least I hope.

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Of course during most of those years everybody beat Garland, the real disapointments were when Garland DID make the POs during some of those lean years LAKE HIGHLANDS knocked us out of the POs several times. The HP losses were many times meanigless games. Garland has three large class, championships and one in the second largest class... compare:rolleyes: Jealous? hmm... of WHAT?

Aggies2009
07-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Of course during most of those years everybody beat Garland, the real disapointments were when Garland DID make the POs during some of those lean years LAKE HIGHLANDS knocked us out of the POs several times. The HP losses were many times meanigless games. Garland has three large class, championships and one in the second largest class... compare:rolleyes: Jealous? hmm... of WHAT?

Thanks; I didn't know the exact number of Garland titles and whatnot when I made that last post. My grandfather (graduated from Garland in I think 56) told me all about travelling to and the game Garland won 3-0 against Nederland in 1956 and the year before when they lost to Port Neches Grove I think.

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 11:09 AM
As much as you pop off and pile on, give it up! You will NEVER be accepted in the Parkie social scene...:eek:

RedRage00
07-08-2009, 11:10 AM

Except when you're arguing with PlanoWildCatFan...then its head to head matchups with Plano and not state titles. lol

I understand your bitterness. I'd be bitter too if HP owned me. Not only Garland HS, but all of GISD. Championships? No one cares about titles from the 50s from either teams. Wow, I guess that means CC Miller and CC Ray are awesome programs. They dominated in those years. Garland and HP have ONE within the last 10 years. They whipped on your butt when you played and most of your adult life...get over it. Yallerjacketfan has ;)

RedRage00
07-08-2009, 11:12 AM
As much as you pop off and pile on, give it up! You will NEVER be accepted in the Parkie social scene...:eek:

You have no idea what you're talking about ;)

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks; I didn't know the exact number of Garland titles and whatnot when I made that last post. My grandfather (graduated from Garland in I think 56) told me all about travelling to and the game Garland won 3-0 against Nederland in 1956 and the year before when they lost to Port Neches Grove I think.
That is correct... both of those teams were strong as hell. We lost to Port Neches in the last few seconds. Garland movesd from 1A to 4A, the largest class from 49 to 58, played in three semi finals won one state championship, and went to the POS 8 times when only one team went ..
After moving to the largest class, we won the district in the third year, and then won back to backs in 63 and 64. Then everything changed for about twenty five years, like building six High Schools!:(
Scootsie, you and your scootsie girls need to hear more of this kind of thing. There are many programs around this area and state that are proud of thier history and whats happening now. Some folks get sick of the gloat and arrogance from a few programs. We have to hear about wins from 70 years ago. Watcha done in the last 20 years hot shots....NOT MUCH!

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Except when you're arguing with PlanoWildCatFan...then its head to head matchups with Plano and not state titles. lol

I understand your bitterness. I'd be bitter too if HP owned me. Not only Garland HS, but all of GISD. Championships? No one cares about titles from the 50s from either teams. Wow, I guess that means CC Miller and CC Ray are awesome programs. They dominated in those years. Garland and HP have ONE within the last 10 years. They whipped on your butt when you played and most of your adult life...get over it. Yallerjacketfan has ;)
I see you are a philosopher AND a psycologist ( spell nazi where are you)
No, see junior, most teams play for championships, and not brag about wins in the 20s and 30s or before. Garland has three undesputed championships in the largest CLASS! HP has one, Plano has four. Garland has four championships since the 50s, HP has two, and Plano has seven. I hope that will help you understand, but its doubtful.

bowiedawgs01
07-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Oh, look! The ages old, "If I ACT like I'm enjoying this, say I'm entertained, etc., maybe he will stop!" act. Gotta love when people resort to that. He obviously doesn't like Highland Park and nothing you say will change that. You obviously live vicariously through them for some reason, and will defend them from whatever. Neither side can prove or disprove claims that the other makes regarding conspiring to stay in 4A because HP is scared or whatnot. Can you two move on?

Actually, I'm not the one calling names (you called me a moron), or getting all upset (gray with his little tantrums). I'm the calm one.

Call it what you will. An "act," I guess.

I live vicariously through HP? Ok, believe what you want. That same parkie friend that I always mention got so bent out of shape 2 years ago when I told him I was ok with Lake Travis beating HP, that he let it burn him up for months until he exploded at me. He thought I should have been cheering for HP 100%.

bowiedawgs01
07-08-2009, 11:38 AM
I see you are a philosopher AND a psycologist ( spell nazi where are you)

Way to give it the ol' college try! Oh wait...

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Calm down now....lmao

Aggies2009
07-08-2009, 11:41 AM

So why, again, do you arbitrarily start counting state titles at 10 years but count the Garland-HP series "most of his adult life"? Wasn't he alive to enjoy/celebrate Garland state titles?

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 11:54 AM
So why, again, do you arbitrarily start counting state titles at 10 years but count the Garland-HP series "most of his adult life"? Wasn't he alive to enjoy/celebrate Garland state titles?
Be careful now... be vary careful;)
Actually I have seen all four! and a FEW semi finals;)
But the best game I have seen in a LONG time was in 06 vs Cedar Hill, semi finals. we lost. They were better, barely.
But this is a thread about "playing up" Garland cant do that. So lets let it go back to a thread explaining why HP does not:D

RedRage00
07-08-2009, 12:52 PM

Because that's the cause of his bitterness towards them. Yallerjacket had the guts to admit that he hated them because they would always beat him when he played....he admitted it was jealousy and now he doesn't hold a grudge because unlike Grayowl, he has grown up.

I hated my rival when I was in HS, but now that I am 27 years old the hatred has wore off. I've grown up a little since HS. Some others need to let go of the past.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-08-2009, 12:59 PM
LMAO! This is hilarious!

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Because that's the cause of his bitterness towards them. Yallerjacket had the guts to admit that he hated them because they would always beat him when he played....he admitted it was jealousy and now he doesn't hold a grudge because unlike Grayowl, he has grown up.

I hated my rival when I was in HS, but now that I am 27 years old the hatred has wore off. I've grown up a little since HS. Some others need to let go of the past.
WOW scootsie #3! How queer that you are so concerned about my posts. Dont you have other things to be concerned about? Bet you do! Mr Go has tried to explain some of these attitudes but just as so much does, it went right over your head. Why dont you take some of your own advise and move on down the road...
Where was it Victoria?

Aggies2009
07-08-2009, 01:41 PM
But the best game I have seen in a LONG time was in 06 vs Cedar Hill, semi finals. we lost. They were better, barely.
But this is a thread about "playing up" Garland cant do that. So lets let it go back to a thread explaining why HP does not:D

You guys also beat us 24-21 in the 2nd round at Texas Stadium.

But we beat you 45-0 in 02, so I was okay with it. :D

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 01:50 PM
You guys also beat us 24-21 in the 2nd round at Texas Stadium.

But we beat you 45-0 in 02, so I was okay with it. :D
Yep, it was a long drive back from rose in 02, but we beat "East Texas" or Lufkin the next year in abig surprise.
A long run back By Malcom Williams and a blocked field goal helped us win in 06. Ive always thought that Lobo could have played Chill tough that year and thus played for the championship with a few breaks .

scottie2
07-08-2009, 02:35 PM

I understand it is probably easier for you to understand playing down because that's what Garland does.... play down... they often have great talent and underchieve. Nimerous D1 recruits and still fins a way to go 3 and 7.

On the other hand HP does play up, limited talent but always gets the most out of their players .

scottie2
07-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Yep, it was a long drive back from rose in 02, but we beat "East Texas" or Lufkin the next year in abig surprise.
A long run back By Malcom Williams and a blocked field goal helped us win in 06. Ive always thought that Lobo could have played Chill tough that year and thus played for the championship with a few breaks .

I think I speak for the entire board when I say that no one cares about Garland beating Nederland, or someother little town back in the 50s or 60s. Lets talk about the past 10 years and what is coming up in the future.

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 02:50 PM
I understand it is probably easier for you to understand playing down because that's what Garland does.... play down... they often have great talent and underchieve. Nimerous D1 recruits and still fins a way to go 3 and 7.

On the other hand HP does play up, limited talent but always gets the most out of their players .
Scootsie! Where you been?
Recent HP non district "rivals"
Red Oak
Carrolton Smith
Bishop Lynch (4 times this decade 10 times since mid 90s)
Jesuit
Terrel
Dallas Lincoln
etc.

During the same time frame, Garland non district included
De Soto
Allen
Ennis (3 4a championships this decade)
Lake Highlands
John Tyler
Plano East
Carter
next?

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Wow now Scootsie speaks for the entire board. :notworthy Did he check with you? LMAO....what a ah :Censor:;)

RedRage00
07-08-2009, 02:58 PM
WOW scootsie #3! How queer that you are so concerned about my posts. Dont you have other things to be concerned about? Bet you do! Mr Go has tried to explain some of these attitudes but just as so much does, it went right over your head. Why dont you take some of your own advise and move on down the road...
Where was it Victoria?

How queer is it that you start threads looking for a flame war?

Mr. Go isn't as bitter. I can actually have intelligent conversations with him. We do all the time thru PM. :cool:

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 02:58 PM
I think I speak for the entire board when I say that no one cares about Garland beating Nederland, or someother little town back in the 50s or 60s. Lets talk about the past 10 years and what is coming up in the future.
Did you check with Aggies 2009?
Didnt like that Garland record much did you?
How much does the HP coach make, on that limited budget?

Oh thats right your gone by now...:D

RedRage00
07-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Someone's working on another 2 month banning lol

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Someone's working on another 2 month banning lol
Why dont you whine a little?

Txmusic
07-08-2009, 03:11 PM
I read all of the posts and it is kind of funny that HP this or LV that 4a or 5a, how many people live there, who is cooking the numbers to stay...I really don't see the problem the UIL has rules and I think they are being followed. Lake Travis can be a 5a school way dn the road since the school district is big land wise and we are next to Westlake ISD so maybe some people will move to our district or some to Westlake who knows.
HP is landlocked and unless the old people die and young people move in or they build tall condo buildings I think they will be 4a. It was a great game against Lake Travis and there fans did support there team, sure the skirts look good on them and Van Morrison can coach and sing on the side lines with a plaid suit & hat on you got to give them credit for that...it came down to a few plays that won the game and I know they wanted to win there 700 th game but it didn't happen and maybe we will play them again.They are a well coached team and lay it on the line hats off to them.
LV came to the game thinking & talking that we didn't see Quote "smash mouth " football and how they felt since they used to be 5a that playing LT since we are in a 4a team that they could run all over us, there coaches really thought they were playing down to us because after there last playoff game and with both sides talking on the phone about where to play the game they really felt like they already won it and we will not show up since LV was stepping down in class, well that didn't happen. LV never seen a team like our's sure they played against the spread and talked about how great there "D" was against it and how there line will be all over the QB and how great there very small D backs were well they got beat before half time, as they were walking off to the locker room carrying there wounded players we watch them with there heads down and by that time they were not a "team" with some of there best players hurt. I know one of there top RBs got hurt and some say it change the game well it didn't LT has stop the run against Steele all we did was bring more bigger players to the line and the run was stopped in the 2nd half and since Steele & LV don't have a passing game the games were over, Steele did play a great game and they have a very good RB I think they should be ranked higher than LV. Now LVs QB was running all over the place trying to do some thing with there quote passing game and most of the time he was sack 8 to sometimes 20 yds back if he wasn't fumbling and some of there play calling was well questionable ( fake punt pass was covered) all he had to do was run outside he might have gotten the 1st down, didn't happen since we were ready heck we in the stands can see that play coming.Some of there top D line men were getting pancake to the ground (#70) Kelly owned this guy(#61) I was surprise his # was not in bedded in to the turf next time I watch a Baylor game I will look for it or they were so far out of the play we just ran past them with our speed, there D back field was small I mean most of our wide outs are 6'2 plus and fast and catches everything and most are coming back with Gilbert little bro 6'5 as one of the main targets as a Soph who do you think he has been throwing to when growing up. They couldn't keep up with our passing & running game, The wide outs were opened all over we had the game film of Evangle vs LV before we played the Evangle game so we knew way ahead of time there weakness, did any body go to Waco and see this game I would like to know if you did maybe go to youtube and see some highlights.We had some freshman & JV playing in the 4th quarter and still moving & scoring.Now I was a east tx guy but if that is how they play the game than that is fine by me we look forward to playing against any east tx team for a championship since we have a ton of talent coming back and we are not a 1 player team as some have said we are or were. We have a great coaching staff ( Morris a east tx guy) who came in after Couch Dicas who went to Duncanville and he was the one who built this program to what it is today with Morris added his style to the program and we see his young staff staying for a long long time with there kids playing down the road I mean does anyone think that having won 1 championship and then playing and winning another with 2 different coaching staffs as luck I don't. LV is ranked #1 for some reason with 3 loses from last yr with a game plan that has seen its better days anyone playing them will look at our game film and pick them apart. LV has a great following and a long time playing the game and we do respect it and me being from East Tx I know they will be in the hunt in Dec good luck.
OK now I will sit and read what is coming I will not be wasting time trying to count how many people live where I got other things to do like watching game film. Thanks I had to get this off my chest

RedRage00
07-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Why dont you whine a little?

LMAO! I never report anyone. I'm just as guilty ;) and have been banned myself. :ninja:

scottie2
07-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Scootsie! Where you been?
Recent HP non district "rivals"
Red Oak
Carrolton Smith
Bishop Lynch (4 times this decade 10 times since mid 90s)
Jesuit
Terrel
Dallas Lincoln
etc.

During the same time frame, Garland non district included
De Soto
Allen
Ennis (3 4a championships this decade)
Lake Highlands
John Tyler
Plano East
Carter
next?

Lake Highlands ... you will lose this year to them owned you in the playoffs in the 90s., you lucked out last year
Plano East...1 and 9 last year ... East destroyed you two years in a row before that
Ennis...4A just like us ..why don't you play us ...remember?
Carter...4A just like us...
John Tyler.. no longer a powerhouse

next

SWMHebron
07-08-2009, 03:46 PM
I read all of the posts and it is kind of funny that HP this or LV that 4a or 5a, how many people live there, who is cooking the numbers to stay...I really don't see the problem the UIL has rules and I think they are being followed. Lake Travis can be a 5a school way dn the road since the school district is big land wise and we are next to Westlake ISD so maybe some people will move to our district or some to Westlake who knows.
HP is landlocked and unless the old people die and young people move in or they build tall condo buildings I think they will be 4a. It was a great game against Lake Travis and there fans did support there team, sure the skirts look good on them and Van Morrison can coach and sing on the side lines with a plaid suit & hat on you got to give them credit for that...it came down to a few plays that won the game and I know they wanted to win there 700 th game but it didn't happen and maybe we will play them again.They are a well coached team and lay it on the line hats off to them.
LV came to the game thinking & talking that we didn't see Quote "smash mouth " football and how they felt since they used to be 5a that playing LT since we are in a 4a team that they could run all over us, there coaches really thought they were playing down to us because after there last playoff game and with both sides talking on the phone about where to play the game they really felt like they already won it and we will not show up since LV was stepping down in class, well that didn't happen. LV never seen a team like our's sure they played against the spread and talked about how great there "D" was against it and how there line will be all over the QB and how great there very small D backs were well they got beat before half time, as they were walking off to the locker room carrying there wounded players we watch them with there heads down and by that time they were not a "team" with some of there best players hurt. I know one of there top RBs got hurt and some say it change the game well it didn't LT has stop the run against Steele all we did was bring more bigger players to the line and the run was stopped in the 2nd half and since Steele & LV don't have a passing game the games were over, Steele did play a great game and they have a very good RB I think they should be ranked higher than LV. Now LVs QB was running all over the place trying to do some thing with there quote passing game and most of the time he was sack 8 to sometimes 20 yds back if he wasn't fumbling and some of there play calling was well questionable ( fake punt pass was covered) all he had to do was run outside he might have gotten the 1st down, didn't happen since we were ready heck we in the stands can see that play coming.Some of there top D line men were getting pancake to the ground (#70) Kelly owned this guy(#61) I was surprise his # was not in bedded in to the turf next time I watch a Baylor game I will look for it or they were so far out of the play we just ran past them with our speed, there D back field was small I mean most of our wide outs are 6'2 plus and fast and catches everything and most are coming back with Gilbert little bro 6'5 as one of the main targets as a Soph who do you think he has been throwing to when growing up. They couldn't keep up with our passing & running game, The wide outs were opened all over we had the game film of Evangle vs LV before we played the Evangle game so we knew way ahead of time there weakness, did any body go to Waco and see this game I would like to know if you did maybe go to youtube and see some highlights.We had some freshman & JV playing in the 4th quarter and still moving & scoring.Now I was a east tx guy but if that is how they play the game than that is fine by me we look forward to playing against any east tx team for a championship since we have a ton of talent coming back and we are not a 1 player team as some have said we are or were. We have a great coaching staff ( Morris a east tx guy) who came in after Couch Dicas who went to Duncanville and he was the one who built this program to what it is today with Morris added his style to the program and we see his young staff staying for a long long time with there kids playing down the road I mean does anyone think that having won 1 championship and then playing and winning another with 2 different coaching staffs as luck I don't. LV is ranked #1 for some reason with 3 loses from last yr with a game plan that has seen its better days anyone playing them will look at our game film and pick them apart. LV has a great following and a long time playing the game and we do respect it and me being from East Tx I know they will be in the hunt in Dec good luck.
OK now I will sit and read what is coming I will not be wasting time trying to count how many people live where I got other things to do like watching game film. Thanks I had to get this off my chest

Call me picky, but these 50 y/o eyes really like paragraphs. They make reading stuff like this lots easier.

scottie2
07-08-2009, 03:48 PM

We welcome with open arms to the Park Cities

scottie2
07-08-2009, 03:51 PM

If anyone should be bitter it is the Wylie fans they have never beaten HP despite numerous attempts. On the other hand, we have difficulty beateing Odessa Permian but that does not make me jealous of them

Txmusic
07-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Sorry Mom
this might
help
you,
that is
the way
I write when I
get on a roll
which
is not often.
that was to
easy!

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 04:00 PM
We welcome with open arms to the Park Cities
Oh really? hmmm, interesting:eek:

Aggies2009
07-08-2009, 04:06 PM

Wow. You are truly an idiot if you believe all of the crap you just spouted. Either that or VERY delusional, and I suggest you seek help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6rmpCSAMQI

The lies you're spouting are ridiculous. Were you on the phone when talks were made between the two teams? Did you hear for yourself that our coaches thought we were playing down to you? Or is this a little pathetic "I heard from someone who heard from someone?" Because Coach King says, and I quote, "We hadn't seen a team who throws the ball as well as them in quite a while. Garrett Gilbert throws the ball as well as anybody I've seen while at Longview." That video is my proof of him saying that. You can see and hear for yourself. So you're right; Longview hadn't seen a team like Lake Travis before. Coach King even said we hadn't. Good call! It wasn't any of this, "They came in so cocky thinking they already had it won!" stuff you're making it out to be. In fact, I'm insulted by that, and I'm sure a class act like John King would be as well.

And when you consider the company he's in of QBs who John King has seen while at Longview (we're talking Brock Berlin, John David Booty, Reggie McNeal, Terrance Parks, the Leander QB from last year (his name slips my mind), Denny Duron, and other nationally-recruited players), that's a HELL of a compliment he's giving them.

I want to see your proof that our coaching staff said anything about LT not needing to show up, that our coaching staff said you don't play good football, or anything else. I've posted my proof. Let's see some claims to back up your lies. Oh wait, I'm sure you won't have any. If it makes you feel better about winning a state championship to live in your little fantasy world and say, "Nobody gave us a chance!", then so be it (despite you being ranked #1 all season while Longview was under you at all times, only reaching #2 deep into the playoffs). It only makes you look like a fool.

And your exaggerations of the state championship game are hilarious as well. If I get enough time, I'll break down my DVD copy and post it on youtube. Our QB had 17 rushing attempts for 15 yards, including sacks. If he were losing 8-20 yards on each sack, I'd hate to see what he did to that defense when he ran for positive yards. It must have been KILLER!

And Longview had 2 losses last year (the other was a forfeit which they technically won 52-22... If you're gauging where they should be ranked, consider that score instead if you have ANY brains about you, which I doubt). They were to the #2 and #3 teams in the nation. And they return like 17 of the starters from that team. If you don't think they should be highly-ranked, you're an idiot, but that's been established by this point, hasn't it?

The playcalling sucks? Just FYI, that fake punt got us like 50 yards against Waco Midway and has worked many times before to get us out of jams, dating back to 2004 in our district games vs Tyler Lee (who won state that year in 5A) and North Mesquite. Our coach gambled and threw everything out there knowing that he needed something drastic after your players held onto our RBs ankle after EVERY play until he finally left the game after torching your defense. We lost our RB and that hurt. We lost our main receiving threat, and that hurt. I'm not sure if it would have made a big difference in the score; we can't look at that retroactively. But I'm sure it would have helped our defense by gaining first downs and letting them rest instead of going 3 and out with no real offensive threat.

Thanks for playing, though. Anything else you'd like utterly decimated?

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Lake Highlands ... you will lose this year to them owned you in the playoffs in the 90s., you lucked out last year
Plano East...1 and 9 last year ... East destroyed you two years in a row before that
Ennis...4A just like us ..why don't you play us ...remember?
Carter...4A just like us...
John Tyler.. no longer a powerhouse

next
We played em, who did the scoots play?

Plano East, Lake Highland, Carter, Ennis etc. have those and other teams like that, turned down the storied scooties. How about SLC, trinity, C Hill, Allen? How stoied is HP? WOW is everybody sceered of the two shot legends

Aggies2009
07-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Oh, and to expose another lie he posted... He said that the Lake Travis JV played in the 4th quarter and moved and scored on our starting defense.

Our starting defense wouldn't have been in the game when the score was 41-23 for one thing, but here is the scoring summary from the game:

FIRST QUARTER
LT — Cade McCrary 26-yard pass from Garrett Gilbert (Kramer Fyfe kick) 1:35
LHS – Da’Cedric Hunt 6-yard run (Kyle Jenkins kick) :40
SECOND QUARTER
LT — Chris Aydam 19-yard pass from Gilbert (Fyfe kick) 8:10
LT — Andy Erickson 13-yard run (Fyfe kick) 2:56
LT — Gilbert 2-yard run (Fyfe kick) :43
THIRD QUARTER
LT — Gilbert 1-yard run (kick failed) 9:22 L — Marty Hobbs, 42-yard field goal 5:11 LT — McCrary 56-yard pass from Gilbert (Fyfe kick) 3:28
FOURTH QUARTER
LHS — Hunt 1-yard run (kick failed) 11:29
LT — Conner Floyd 1-yard pass from Gilbert (Fyfe kick) 2:03
LHS — Hunt 74-yard run (Jenkins kick) 1:42

As you can see, Gilbert threw a TD pass with 2:03 left in the game, so no JV ever even touched the field.

Does this guy seriously believe the lies he spews? I sure hope not.

LoboBooster73
07-08-2009, 04:43 PM
They were trying to get Gilbert the Texas career passing yardage record which he got 12,537 vs Graham Harrell's 12,532 at Ennis. But, hey, no problem with that.

Txmusic
07-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Man Aggie you are fast with the reply and name calling, I will try to type slow for you so you might get it OK.
And I will stick to what I say and I know that will burn you up as you try to sleep tonight just thinking about it before you lay your head not getting any rest. My source will remain with me but my source does not need to be named because it will only make you mad but I can tell you this since you ask I have it on video what was said during the phone call we video everything...now will I post NO.
Yea I watched that clip a few times along time ago and my comment was not from that clip.
If you do post some video clips for everyone to see who was not at the game.
Please include the one were they played it 3 times on the big screen you know the one where a wide out got knock back a few yds after dropping the ball again,I loved that one include the crowd noise to . Or the one where the QB was spinning around in the arms of one of our players being held up for another player to blast him please include that one also.Add a few fumbles also you know were the QB ran after one about 20 yds away and was tackle for a lost I think they call it a sack for you aggies. Maybe post some clips of Kelly laying them out.Or the wide open pass plays do post them, I would love to see them from your video clips and see if they match mine
That way everyone can make there own judgment.
How did I do MOM!
"HOOK EM"

Aggies2009
07-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Man Aggie you are fast with the reply and name calling, I will try to type slow for you so you might get it OK.
And I will stick to what I say and I know that will burn you up as you try to sleep tonight just thinking about it before you lay your head not getting any rest. My source will remain with me but my source does not need to be named because it will only make you mad but I can tell you this since you ask I have it on video what was said during the phone call we video everything...now will I post NO.

Name calling? Type slow so I might get it? I'm sorry? You're the one telling me I can't sleep at night (for whatever pathetic reason) when I've long since gotten over that game. And if you're thinking you should "type slowly", that has no bearing on how fast I read it. Did you learn anything? You need to type slow for me? If you want to compare brain-pans, we can any time of the day.

Alrighty, then, you've been called and proven to be a liar and now you say, "Well, I have proof to show that I'm not lying, but I won't release it." If ANYONE believes you, PLEASE come forward and embarrass yourself more than this clown. Congrats on humiliating yourself, Txmusic. It won't make me mad because you're obviously lying. You've been proven to be a liar.

Yea I watched that clip a few times along time ago and my comment was not from that clip.
Please include the one were they played it 3 times on the big screen you know the one where a wide out got knock back a few yds after dropping the ball again,I loved that one include the crowd noise to . Or the one where the QB was spinning around in the arms of one of our players being held up for another player to blast him please include that one also.A big hit or two happened in a football game? Oh my! Go figure! Now you're changing your tune. First you told a myriad of lies about our coach and the game, and now you're simply throwing out big plays which both teams had. You said your JV played and scored on Longview when Gilbert accounted for a TD late in the game. Your JV never saw the field. That was a blatant lie. You lose. Good day, sir.

Add a few fumbles also you know were the QB ran after one about 20 yds away Longview, a predominantly running team, fumbled the ball 3 times (losing none) while Lake Travis fumbled the ball twice. GO figure. One team throws more while the other runs more. Not to mention LT had one less fumble on the game. Not the domination you're little delusions are telling you.

and was tackle for a lost I think they call it a sack for you aggies.There's an amusing contradictory nature to this statement. First, you paint me as an idiot because you claim that I don't know what a tackle for loss is. However, you are telling me that a tackle for a loss is a sack? A sack is when it's determined that a QB has the intention of passing the ball and is tackled behind the line of scrimmage. A tackle for loss is when a ballcarrier is intending to rush for yardage and is tackled behind the line. Maybe you should review the rules before you go making arrogant claims. What's funny is that you were soooo arrogant about it claiming "us aggies" don't know much when in reality you're the one who was wrong. What does that say about you?

Maybe post some clips of Kelly laying them out.Or the wide open pass plays do post them, I would love to see them from your video clips and see if they match mine
How did I do MOM!
"HOOK EM"And everyone who has seen the video I posted and the stats I posted have already made their own judgments that you're a liar. You said our coaches did one thing, and when called out, couldn't prove it while I did.

Did you even go to Texas? LMAO Or are you another t-shirt fan who didn't go there but lives through their success. Judging by your posts and intellect, I'm going to bank on you not going to tu. Care to dig yourself even DEEPER (if that's possible)?

yallerjacket2
07-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Please include the one were they played it 3 times on the big screen you know the one where a wide out got knock back a few yds after dropping the ball again,I loved that one include the crowd noise to . Or the one where the QB was spinning around in the arms of one of our players being held up for another player to blast him please include that one also.Add a few fumbles also you know were the QB ran after one about 20 yds away and was tackle for a lost I think they call it a sack for you aggies. Maybe post some clips of Kelly laying them out.Or the wide open pass plays do post them, I would love to see them from your video clips and see if they match mine
How did I do MOM!
"HOOK EM"

Still need to indent, put some spaces between the end of sentences and start of new ones, and work on punctuation. I think Mom will agree.

E-Vol-ution
07-08-2009, 07:14 PM
You're not in college at UT, are you?
How did I do MOM!
"HOOK EM"

bowiedawgs01
07-08-2009, 07:56 PM
There's no way in Hell he's at Texas.

Aggies2009
07-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Looks like the people have spoken.

I'm still interested to see this "proof" that he has of Coach King telling their coaching staff that the game shouldn't even be played and that we were playing down when playing them.

grayowl60
07-08-2009, 10:13 PM
The Dallas isd now has only four 5A schools, and It would not surprise me to see Sunset drop. Carter opted up to 5A for years. Lake Highlands is in Dallas but is a Richardson school, and is put intp a district with Dallas

Seems it would be acceptable for a school that is surrounded by Dallas., Highland Park, could opt up to 5A if they requested. That would help fill the district. Dont hold yuor breath:rolleyes:

BandidoNB
07-08-2009, 10:58 PM
The Dallas isd now has only four 5A schools, and It would not surprise me to see Sunset drop. Carter opted up to 5A for years. Lake Highlands is in Dallas but is a Richardson school, and is put intp a district with Dallas

Seems it would be acceptable for a school that is surrounded by Dallas., Highland Park, could opt up to 5A if they requested. That would help fill the district. Dont hold yuor breath:rolleyes:

False. The UIL would prefer not to elevate schools by request if at all possible. Obviously there are exceptions - Eagle Pass, EP Winn way out by themselves in the border with the Laredo 5A schools being the only nearly by schools, so they petition travel hardship and are granted elevation. That is one way to move up by request. There are dozens of 4A school close to HP so that wont work for HP. They cannot claim travel hardship. The only other way is if you are in a multiple high school district and want to keep all of your schools in the same district. HP is a one-high school district so that wont fly either.
Its impossible to skew enrollment numbers because the UIL verifies enrollments with the TEA. Besides, the 5A cutoff line is decided by the enrollment of the 245th biggest school in Texas. And there is no possible way one could know that ahead of time unless the administration knew the enrollment of every high school in Texas. A momumental task to undertake... and throw in the handful of schools that elevate on travel harship and large ISD and it becomes harder still to 'guess' the 5A cutoff.

If you guys cant understand this, then there is nothing else to tell you.. its simple mathematics.

RedRage00
07-09-2009, 11:11 AM
False. The UIL would prefer not to elevate schools by request if at all possible. Obviously there are exceptions - Eagle Pass, EP Winn way out by themselves in the border with the Laredo 5A schools being the only nearly by schools, so they petition travel hardship and are granted elevation. That is one way to move up by request. There are dozens of 4A school close to HP so that wont work for HP. They cannot claim travel hardship. The only other way is if you are in a multiple high school district and want to keep all of your schools in the same district. HP is a one-high school district so that wont fly either.
Its impossible to skew enrollment numbers because the UIL verifies enrollments with the TEA. Besides, the 5A cutoff line is decided by the enrollment of the 245th biggest school in Texas. And there is no possible way one could know that ahead of time unless the administration knew the enrollment of every high school in Texas. A momumental task to undertake... and throw in the handful of schools that elevate on travel harship and large ISD and it becomes harder still to 'guess' the 5A cutoff.

If you guys cant understand this, then there is nothing else to tell you.. its simple mathematics.

:cool:

grayowl60
07-09-2009, 11:19 AM

Perfect world. Add money and politics and see what you get;)

bowiedawgs01
07-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Stupid is as stupid does.

grayowl60
07-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Stupid is as stupid does.
Ignorance is bliss

scottie2
07-09-2009, 12:28 PM

Anyone that understand UIL realignment realizes they would never put HP in a district with the Dallas ISD. Could you imagine the DISD competing with HP in golf, tennis, etc.....Just like they would never put us in with Garland , we would win every district championship for boys and girls except maybe track.

besides , we are 4A and there are plenty of 4A schools in the metroplex

grayowl60
07-09-2009, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=scottie2;1232033]Anyone that understand UIL realignment realizes they would never put HP in a district with the Dallas ISD. Could you imagine the DISD competing with HP in golf, tennis, etc.....Just like they would never put us in with Garland , we would win every district championship for boys and girls except maybe track.

besides , we are 4A and there are plenty of 4A schools in the metroplex[/QUOTE
You can Claim anything on aboard like this, but facts still seem to upset you. Why cant HP consistnatly win Championships in football, You are a hype artist... are you an excuse artist as well. A wealthy district ( you like to talk about that) The highest paid Coach in the State... what sems to be the problem. Now, talk about all time wins, wins over Garland and Garlands 3-7 seasons,,, on and on. Why cant HP win state more?

twhfan#1
07-09-2009, 07:04 PM

you are spot on right except for the detail that the multi - high school ISD MUST have at LEAST 8 schools to be considered for appeal to play-up to stay within 1 UIL district. For example : Conroe ISD has four-- 5A schools ( Conroe , Woodlands , Oak Ridge & College Park ) and one --- 4A ( Caney Creek ) --Caney Creek cant petition to play up because there are only 5 schools. The reason for 8 is that a single district could be created for that ISD ( of course the UIL creates 6 and 7 team districts all the time --- but hey --its the UIL -- dont have to make sense )

grayowl60
07-09-2009, 07:13 PM
you are spot on right except for the detail that the multi - high school ISD MUST have at LEAST 8 schools to be considered for appeal to play-up to stay within 1 UIL district. For example : Conroe ISD has four-- 5A schools ( Conroe , Woodlands , Oak Ridge & College Park ) and one --- 4A ( Caney Creek ) --Caney Creek cant petition to play up because there are only 5 schools. The reason for 8 is that a single district could be created for that ISD ( of course the UIL creates 6 and 7 team districts all the time --- but hey --its the UIL -- dont have to make sense )Lakeview Centenntial was under the limit for several years after Rowlett opened, and was allowed to stay in the 5A Garland isd district. Garland has seven high schools.

Bill4par
07-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Longview is in a great spot. I spoke with one of their coaches last yr after the Allen game, and he said they will be back in 5A after the next shuffle. They want to be in 5A. Make no mistake, this is a 5A program in 4A now, but could whip most 5A programs. They are a very very dangerous team, well coached, disciplined, and can make plays. When they do get put back in 5A, man, what will that district look like.

grayowl60
07-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Longview
Lee
JT
Mesquite
North Mesquite
Horn

Maybe Rockwall?
Hope it happens so DeSoto can go back home with Cedar Hill, Duncanville etc. All within a few miles

RedRage00
07-10-2009, 08:54 AM
you are spot on right except for the detail that the multi - high school ISD MUST have at LEAST 8 schools to be considered for appeal to play-up to stay within 1 UIL district. For example : Conroe ISD has four-- 5A schools ( Conroe , Woodlands , Oak Ridge & College Park ) and one --- 4A ( Caney Creek ) --Caney Creek cant petition to play up because there are only 5 schools. The reason for 8 is that a single district could be created for that ISD ( of course the UIL creates 6 and 7 team districts all the time --- but hey --its the UIL -- dont have to make sense )

Some of the Corpus Christi schools played up with 4A numbers. CCISD only had 5 5A schools at the time. Now they let 2 of them drop to 4A.

twhfan#1
07-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Some of the Corpus Christi schools played up with 4A numbers. CCISD only had 5 5A schools at the time. Now they let 2 of them drop to 4A.

that was because of travel - not for the 4A teams necessarily --- but the remaining 5A teams would be in a wide spread district --I know the west Tex teams holler about that --- but there was SOMETHING the UIL could do about CC -- but out west --there just arent that many options

Aggies2009
07-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Bump! Still waiting on said proof!

wolfpack4life
07-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Bump! Still waiting on said proof!
:notworthyME TOO!!