PDA

View Full Version : Aledo

KT2000
06-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Can anyone tell me if Aledo is still running that multiple shotgun running game these days? I actually have tape of their 1998 state title run and that offense was insane to look at back then. It's not so hard to believe these days, but I still haven't seen anything quite like it. It was like watching Stephenville under Art Briles.

E-Vol-ution
06-24-2009, 09:00 AM
They still do it but adjust to the skill set in a given year. Glad you notice these guys....So many coaches come out of that Aledo program it's crazy.
Can anyone tell me if Aledo is still running that multiple shotgun running game these days? I actually have tape of their 1998 state title run and that offense was insane to look at back then. It's not so hard to believe these days, but I still haven't seen anything quite like it. It was like watching Stephenville under Art Briles.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
06-24-2009, 11:21 AM

Yep! Played against it when we were in their district in '99.

Just make sure that you keep your eye on Class of 2012 graduate Jonathan Gray. He'll run wild in this offense for only 7 games after being moved up from the freshman, and the JV. He's got 3 more full years left and, he's going to give teams hell.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
06-24-2009, 11:23 AM
They still do it but adjust to the skill set in a given year. Glad you notice these guys....So many coaches come out of that Aledo program it's crazy.

I remember back in 2002, when Aledo first moved up to 4A. Broderick Newton was their starting QB in that offense and, Newton also started at CB that year. I remember them almost pulling off the upset against Denton Ryan one night and, Newton was a big reason for that.

Hitman49
07-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Yep! Played against it when we were in their district in '99.

Just make sure that you keep your eye on Class of 2012 graduate Jonathan Gray. He'll run wild in this offense for only 7 games after being moved up from the freshman, and the JV. He's got 3 more full years left and, he's going to give teams hell.

2--3 years ago Aledo was down 21 against Stephenville on the road. Aledo had been in spread shot-gun all night they came out in the 2nd half under center running off tackle right at Stephenville. They finally took the lead, then they gave up long TD pass for TD with just seconds to go in the game. Really exciting game...

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-03-2009, 01:49 PM
2--3 years ago Aledo was down 21 against Stephenville on the road. Aledo had been in spread shot-gun all night they came out in the 2nd half under center running off tackle right at Stephenville. They finally took the lead, then they gave up long TD pass for TD with just seconds to go in the game. Really exciting game...

Didn't see the game but, I remember seeing the highlights. That was only district game that Aledo lost that year. They beat Everman down 35-7 and, Everman flips the script, and beats Stephenville in Stephenville.

Those 3 teams have played some good ball the past 3 years and, I don't see it changing.

Hitman49
07-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Didn't see the game but, I remember seeing the highlights. That was only district game that Aledo lost that year. They beat Everman down 35-7 and, Everman flips the script, and beats Stephenville in Stephenville.

Those 3 teams have played some good ball the past 3 years and, I don't see it changing.

Aledo seems to make good run every single year

supercentex
07-10-2009, 06:41 AM
I'm hoping Waco's new offense turns out like theirs plus more.

I saw them against Cove in the playoffs at Baylor and they could run...especially the QB

OakTreeUp-n-Out
07-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Aledo's such a great program. Great community support, always get it together in time for a playoff run, always seem to get the most out of their players. If I were handpicking my head football coach, Buchanon would have to be up there pretty high on the short list.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Aledo seems to make good run every single year

Yep! And, truth be told, they don't usually have the athletes that Everman or, even Crowley have. Broderick Newton, Ryan Christiansan, Cole Loftin, and Jonathan Gray are the exception.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-11-2009, 01:21 AM
I'm hoping Waco's new offense turns out like theirs plus more.

I saw them against Cove in the playoffs at Baylor and they could run...especially the QB

The QB at the time, I believe, was Cole Loftin. He was a good one!

If Waco's coaching is as good, or better, with the athletes that y'all have, YIKES!

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-11-2009, 01:22 AM
Aledo's such a great program. Great community support, always get it together in time for a playoff run, always seem to get the most out of their players. If I were handpicking my head football coach, Buchanon would have to be up there pretty high on the short list.

Buchanan is THE man!:notworthy Well respected by his peers, and for good reason! I wish I could've played for him!

supercentex
07-11-2009, 10:53 AM
The QB at the time, I believe, was Cole Loftin. He was a good one!

If Waco's coaching is as good, or better, with the athletes that y'all have, YIKES!

spring ball waco put up the most points i've ever seen.... the offense already looked pretty good. The coach had everyone out there catching balls...even our kicker!

With Waco running the West Virginia offense we should turn into an offensive power with the speed that we have. If we can keep the defense in tact (coach herbst stayed thank God) we should be good to go.

Kahler at QB should be really good..and I think Coach Ramsey is going to turn him into a D-1 player....

Coach Ramsey is young and really good at motivating everyone.... I wouldn't be surprised to see us fall on our faces this year...but, I also wouldn't be surprised to see us take back our crown. lol

Matthew 2000 Eagle
07-11-2009, 10:59 AM
spring ball waco put up the most points i've ever seen.... the offense already looked pretty good. The coach had everyone out there catching balls...even our kicker!

With Waco running the West Virginia offense we should turn into an offensive power with the speed that we have. If we can keep the defense in tact (coach herbst stayed thank God) we should be good to go.

Kahler at QB should be really good..and I think Coach Ramsey is going to turn him into a D-1 player....

Coach Ramsey is young and really good at motivating everyone.... I wouldn't be surprised to see is fall on our faces this year...but, I also wouldn't be surprised to see us take back our crown. lol

I'd like to see Waco make some noise this year. It's kind of hard to figure out what's going to happen when a new coach comes in with a new system. But, from the sound of it, the Lions maybe fine. If the defense is playing strong, then the offense will eventually come around.