PDA

View Full Version : Washington @ Tampa Bay

BAMF cowboy
01-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Washington at Tampa Bay? Who takes it?

I think Washington have really been coming on as of a late, and I look for the redskins defense to have their way with Chris Simms. I think the skins take this one in an upset.

Reaganrattler07
01-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Someone started a Washington thread before me.....:(

The Washington D-Line is finally healthy unlike the first go around with Tampa. The only two position that are injury stricken are CB and QB. Shawn Springs is a little banged up, and Carlos Rogers is expected to be back. And "The Ade" is expected to be back. Brunell's knee seems to be pretty fine....that 12 yard run in Philly really had me scared. But Portis is gonna need to have a big game....Betts will probably need an okay game. Moss and Thrash are gonna need to get some receptions and the defense will need to make a few plays.

But the weakest link (in my opinion) will be the Washington secondary. But we can improvise our corners with a few of our backup safeties and thankfully we have #21 back there.

jtk1519
01-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Tampa 17 - Washington 10

Tampa has one of the top defenses in the NFL. Portis will get some yards, but that is it. The Tampa DBs will shut down Moss and force this game to the ground for Washington. The Redskin's secondary is suspect and I think Simms and Galloway will hook up for some big plays.

TexasRed6x
01-03-2006, 02:45 PM
I will take Washington over Tampa Bay because I think that Tampa has a weak but surprising offense. I think Portis and Moss will both have a big game and I think that they may stun the Bucs.

dragons08
01-03-2006, 04:07 PM
washington, because their the hot team right now

southlake thug
01-04-2006, 03:36 PM
It depends on how the deep ball to Moss is. If they can hit that a couple of times and open up the short passes to Portis they will win. I don't think they pass to Portis enough though. When he has the ball in the open field he is one of the most elusive players in the league. If they can find creative ways to give him the ball, they could take it.

They also need to shut down Galloway. With the banged up secondary I expect him to go off all day. They gotta stop him

Sacred Ground
01-07-2006, 12:48 AM
This is the toughest pick of all the 1st round playoff games. I picked Tampa Bay only because The Redskins have road woes. They lost against all of this years playoff teams on the road this season. However, they lost by less than 3 pts. to T.B. and Denver, but they got shut out by the Giants 36-0. If the game was in Wash. it would be an easy Redskins pick.The Wash. defense needs to hurry the young Chris Sims, who has thrown only 7 interceptions in his 10 starts. The Bucs, with 7 remaining starters from the 2003 #1 ranked defense that won the Super Bowl, will need to stop Clinton Portis.

lonny23
01-07-2006, 05:50 AM
I'm taking the 'skins because I say they go to the Super Bowl.

FootballJunkie
01-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Tampa 17 - Washington 10

Tampa has one of the top defenses in the NFL. Portis will get some yards, but that is it. The Tampa DBs will shut down Moss and force this game to the ground for Washington. The Redskin's secondary is suspect and I think Simms and Galloway will hook up for some big plays.

Excellent prediction!!! It is 17-10 Washington wins:eek:

yankee
01-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Excellent prediction!!! It is 17-10 Washington wins:eek:
the washington defense played awesome, forced 3 turnovers.

Sacred Ground
01-07-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm now 0-1 in playoff picks. That's ok, because this was a tough one to pick. The results are easy to figure, turn the ball over in the playoffs and you won't win. Fumbles and interceptions are part of the game, but it leaves you asking what if.

Reaganrattler07
01-07-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm now 0-1 in playoff picks. That's ok, because this was a tough one to pick. The results are easy to figure, turn the ball over in the playoffs and you won't win. Fumbles and interceptions are part of the game, but it leaves you asking what if.

Well, if you watched the pregame, John Gruden would've disagreed.....course now i'm sure he'll try and find some way to retract it and complain about the refs.

Don't get me wrong, I like Gruden...

Reaganrattler07
01-07-2006, 07:33 PM
the washington defense played awesome, forced 3 turnovers.

And the offense didn't even have to show off anything for Seattle :D

Sacred Ground
01-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Well, if you watched the pregame, John Gruden would've disagreed.....course now i'm sure he'll try and find some way to retract it and complain about the refs.

Don't get me wrong, I like Gruden...
I think the refs called a good game. I didn't see the pre-game, what did Gruden say?

Sacred Ground
01-07-2006, 08:04 PM
And the offense didn't even have to show off anything for Seattle :D
The Redskins offense didn't show off anything to the Bucs. either, but their defense sure did. Redskins D will need to play big next week also. I will need to check the stats to compare the Seattle defense to the Tampa defense to see if the Redskins offense can show off next week.

Reaganrattler07
01-07-2006, 09:47 PM
I think the refs called a good game. I didn't see the pre-game, what did Gruden say?

Well, there was a big discussion of if "Alstott got in on the 2-point conversion" And Gruden was like "well, the refs called it and i don't care what the other side says" And stuff like that, and now he's probably mad cause they ruled that one catch in the endzone incomplete. Which, by rule, was an incompletion. Santana made a catch like that earlier in the season and they ruled it incomplete.

Reaganrattler07
01-07-2006, 09:50 PM
The Redskins offense didn't show off anything to the Bucs. either, but their defense sure did. Redskins D will need to play big next week also. I will need to check the stats to compare the Seattle defense to the Tampa defense to see if the Redskins offense can show off next week.

Well, the offense might've been a bit stalled by the "#1 Defense" and Brunell and Portis may be a little bit more hurt than we know. And Ray Brown is doing a good job substituting Randy Thomas but.....Ray Brown just isn't the same.

I think the offense will be fine for next week. And Washington is gonna keep Shaun Alexander in check. I can't remember the stats from the Week 3 game (the one Washington won in OT) but they did hold Alexander.

Sacred Ground
01-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Well, there was a big discussion of if "Alstott got in on the 2-point conversion" And Gruden was like "well, the refs called it and i don't care what the other side says" And stuff like that, and now he's probably mad cause they ruled that one catch in the endzone incomplete. Which, by rule, was an incompletion. Santana made a catch like that earlier in the season and they ruled it incomplete.
At least the refs are being consistant, and that's the way it should be.

Sacred Ground
01-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Well, the offense might've been a bit stalled by the "#1 Defense" and Brunell and Portis may be a little bit more hurt than we know. And Ray Brown is doing a good job substituting Randy Thomas but.....Ray Brown just isn't the same.

I think the offense will be fine for next week. And Washington is gonna keep Shaun Alexander in check. I can't remember the stats from the Week 3 game (the one Washington won in OT) but they did hold Alexander.
Redskins showed they can win on the road against a play off team today. They will have more confidence going into Seattle next Saturday. Alexander has improved greatly since week 3, however so has the Skins D. Should be a good game. I think there will be more points scored in this one.

Reaganrattler07
01-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Redskins showed they can win on the road against a play off team today. They will have more confidence going into Seattle next Saturday. Alexander has improved greatly since week 3, however so has the Skins D. Should be a good game. I think there will be more points scored in this one.

I don't wanna get too far ahead of myself but....look at the Seahawk's schedule....49ers (twice), Cardinals (twice), Rams (twice). That's six....fairly easy games. Other cupcakes they ended up playing: Houston, Philly(post meltdown) and Green Bay

Bilbo
01-07-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm wondering if any you football worshipor's are thinking the same as I. About the call on Sean Taylor, if he did indeed spit on the opponet. Shouldn't the correct call have been two personnal fouls as the opponet did take a swing on Taylor? I mean these guy's are highly paid professionals are to be held accountable for their actions? Please remember that the NFL fines for shirts not tucked in, wrong color shoes and socks, team end zone celebrations, and how many times have you seen the first swing didn't get the penality but the retalitory swing does?

Reaganrattler07
01-07-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm wondering if any you football worshipor's are thinking the same as I. About the call on Sean Taylor, if he did indeed spit on the opponet. Shouldn't the correct call have been two personnal fouls as the opponet did take a swing on Taylor? I mean these guy's are highly paid professionals are to be held accountable for their actions? Please remember that the NFL fines for shirts not tucked in, wrong color shoes and socks, team end zone celebrations, and how many times have you seen the first swing didn't get the penality but the retalitory swing does?

Well, I didn't know that spitting is an automatic ejection. It didn't look like he did, and by no means am I saying he didn't. One conclusion I reach was perhaps he was jawing off and just spit was comming out as he was talking. But the guy who hit Taylor should've been ejected as well for throwing a punch.