PDA

View Full Version : No NFL Playoffs?

ktCarl
01-01-2006, 09:00 PM
I know I haven't been following the NFL closely but here it is the first day of the new year and not one NFL playoff game has transpired. I'm used to the playoffs starting around Christmas weekend. Is the Super Bowl going to be played in February? Why don't they cut back the NFL season to 14 games?
I'm sorry, this is the pros and everything revolves around T.V. money. I can't wait for the next high school football season to start.

lonny23
01-01-2006, 09:05 PM
I know I haven't been following the NFL closely but here it is the first day of the new year and not one NFL playoff game has transpired. I'm used to the playoffs starting around Christmas weekend. Is the Super Bowl going to be played in February? Why don't they cut back the NFL season to 14 games?
I'm sorry, this is the pros and everything revolves around T.V. money. I can't wait for the next high school football season to start.
It was a money grab when they went to a bye and 17 weeks with 16 games. This year was a rare year with the last Sunday being on Jan 1st. It's usually a few days before the 1st.

ktCarl
01-01-2006, 09:13 PM
But part of the Christmas holiday fun was watching NFL playoff games. Let's move Christmas to the 1st weekend in January.

lonny23
01-01-2006, 09:22 PM
But part of the Christmas holiday fun was watching NFL playoff games. Let's move Christmas to the 1st weekend in January.
They haven't played NFL playoff games on Christmas for years. At least not in the 16 game era in quite a while. The Super Bowl is always the last week in January or first week in February now.

BAMF cowboy
01-01-2006, 09:29 PM
hey the longer they stretch out football the better. just means a shorter offseason. i hate that time of year when the only sport is baseball...

FootballJunkie
01-01-2006, 09:32 PM
hey the longer they stretch out football the better. just means a shorter offseason. i hate that time of year when the only sport is baseball...

Actually with basketball going into june there is only like a month or so with only baseball before football preseason starts.:D

BAMF cowboy
01-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Actually with basketball going into june there is only like a month or so with only baseball before football preseason starts.:D

a month too long if you ask me

dragons08
01-02-2006, 12:18 AM
well after football season..im ready for march madness

BAMF cowboy
01-02-2006, 12:20 AM
well after football season..im ready for march madness

yeah...something the illini are good at

dragons08
01-02-2006, 12:24 AM
yeah...something the illini are good at
i know, if they sucked, then id be bored as hell

during this time of year ish..theres good bowl games, nfl playoffs, and rightb efore that Dragon games...if the illini suck i have plenty more to watch..but in march if they suck..id kill my self

ktCarl
01-02-2006, 08:49 AM
They haven't played NFL playoff games on Christmas for years. At least not in the 16 game era in quite a while. The Super Bowl is always the last week in January or first week in February now.

Only proves I don't watch pro ball very much any more.
Reason 1) I did watch the highlites of yesterday's action and there was a silly dance after each touchdown. These guys are supposed to be men. I'm glad that kind of immature behavior is not tolerated in High School football.

Owls06
01-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Comeon, Am I the only one that likes Arena Football? I think its pretty entertaining. Not as good as real 'ball, but its a good change of pace to keep me from going crazy.

BAMF cowboy
01-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Comeon, Am I the only one that likes Arena Football? I think its pretty entertaining. Not as good as real 'ball, but its a good change of pace to keep me from going crazy.

i hate arena football. im sorry but i dont like watching games that's average scores are 65 - 63. There is absolutely no defense in the AFL. Aside from the Dallas Desparados, i dont think i could name another team even if i tried. Im sorry, but AFL doesn't cut it.

In a related topic, anyone remember tha xfl?