PDA

View Full Version : Canton Head Football Coach / AD

Bilbo
04-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Tragic news - Thursday morning a disgruntled parent confronted Mr. Kinne at Canton High and shot the head football coach in the chest. Mr Kinne has been careflighted to Tyler's Mother Francis Hospital and in surgery as this post is beinb written, The suspect in headed toward the Dallas are with patrolman in chase. Please consider Mr. Kinne and famliy and friends in your heart.

Bilbo
04-07-2005, 11:53 AM
It's being said that Mr. Kinne's condition is stable. Mr. Kinne moved to the Canton ISD two years ago, from the Mesquite ISD where he used to coach.
Still no word on the accused Jeffery Doyle Roberston in a 2004 Black Dodge pickup.

Bilbo
04-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Being reported now that coach Kinne is out of surgery and is in critical but stable condition. The suspect has abandoned his truck near a golf course and is on foot, he went east from Canton not toward Dallas.

owldog
04-07-2005, 12:44 PM
He was the D/C at Mesquite and played at North Mesquite as a player. I am praying for him. I di dnot realize he played football at Baylor.

Allkaty07
04-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know anything on the shoter? Did they catch him yet? I was in football 5th period when i heard about it.

TexasHSFootball
04-07-2005, 12:58 PM
http://www.texashsfootball.com/news/april05/cantoncoachshot07.htm
http://www.texashsfootball.com/news/april05/cantoncoachkinneshot07.htm

there are two stories right there for you

Allkaty07
04-07-2005, 01:08 PM
thank you :(

CoppellCowboy57
04-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Im watching it on the news...Tragic story

Bilbo
04-07-2005, 01:18 PM
No, the suspect has not been caught or found yet as of 1:15 central. Reports that there are local officers, FBI, and Dogs all looking around the Garden Valley Golf course with instructions for local residents to stay inside and report and sightings.

CoppellCowboy57
04-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Canton High School is green...Smith County Sqaut time is on the scene with K Nine unit. Canton is located on Interstate 20. keep updating....

CoppellCowboy57
04-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Shooting suspect in custody, a little west of wear the truck was found. Suspect and the football coach had conflict privously. Fox News 4 reports, Ambulance is on rout to take the suspect in to custudy/hospital

//EDIT//
From what I can see suspect is on a strecher and alive, and on rout to the hospital...Man I love being a senior with nothing better to do then type in my fav fourm ever and watch the news.

garland04
04-07-2005, 02:05 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/040705dntexshooting.1b4dafba4.html

here's a link to the DMN story. what a terrible tragedy. My father was a Canton Eagle and I am a Baylor bear. He, his family, and the entire Canton community will be in our prayers.

Coach Kinne brought the Canton Eagles to their first playoff appearance in almost two decades two years ago (his first year), and while not making playoffs this year, his Canton Eagles averaged 401 yards per game and went 8-2 in a tough district.

owldog
04-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Students said Robertson's son had been kicked out of all school athletics on Wednesday

I wonder what his son is thinking?

owldog
04-07-2005, 03:50 PM
http://www.tylerpaper.com/site/news.cfm?brd=1994

picture of shooter

Allkaty07
04-07-2005, 04:05 PM
wow :eek: glad to hear that, that loser was caught! His son was kicked off the team? Is that why he went crazy?

owldog
04-07-2005, 04:17 PM
That is the guess right now according to Dallas Morning News.

Red Raiders
04-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Thats terrible, I know some of my friends go to Canton High School. One of my friend is on the football team for Canton so I will have to talk to him.

NMHS fan
04-07-2005, 08:43 PM
I was shocked when I heard the news. Gary Joe Kinne graduated in my class at North Mesquite (1985). He played football at Baylor when my sister was also there, and I believe he was the Linebackers Coach at Mesquite High when they won state in 2001, and then the DC the next year. What a senseless act. I sure hope Gary is ok. He was one heck of a LB for the Stallions also.

mojo61
04-08-2005, 10:12 AM
I know that lots of people in our dist. are praying (my family, too) for the coach & his family. I hope he makes it. It's an unthinkable crime what this shooter did. This guy should be put away fm. society either by state execution or life imprisonment w/o poss. for parole. And right now, I don't care which it is.

I'm an old dinosaur, I know, but boy, has society change since I was a hs kid. Many people today don't have much self-control or composure (even parents). If it had to happen, I just wish it hadn't happend in Texas. I think the natl. media is going to beat us up over this one.

JC73
04-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Can you believe what this women said about the shooter, "he should not be seen as a lunatic." You have got to be freakin kidding me.

http://www.herald-zeitung.com/wire.lasso?report=/dynamic/stories/C/COACH_SHOT

CoppellCowboy57
04-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Can you believe what this women said about the shooter, "he should not be seen as a lunatic." You have got to be freakin kidding me.
Yeah and Osma didnt kill hundreds of ppl...

Red Raiders
04-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Yeah and Osma didnt kill hundreds of ppl...

yes he did kill more than that, I am sure he did.

Stallion Fan
04-08-2005, 08:13 PM
He is still in critical condition and very much in need of our continuous prayers. The bullet pierced his liver and they have not been able to remove it yet. He is coherent at this time. He is in need of blood donations, however I will have to find out what type and update everyone later.

Tigerjag
04-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Blood type doesn't matter. He is credited for the donation, not given the actual blood.

According to information on a Baylor board, the need for blood is still great. Coach Kinne had surgery on Sunday and faces more. If you are in East Texas, you can go to any Stewart Regional Blood Center location and request that your blood donation go to Coach Gary Jo Kinne. There are locations in Marshall, Longview, Lufkin and Tyler. There is information available for other cities in Texas that I can look up if you'd like me to do that.

Coach Kinne remains in stable but critical condition. Please keep him in your prayers.

Stallion Fan
04-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the info. We're all continuously praying.

CoppellCowboy57
04-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Ugh things like that bother me so much, If it happend at my school...that guy wouldnt see the light of day...

Red Raiders
04-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Ugh things like that bother me so much, If it happend at my school...that guy wouldnt see the light of day...

Our school was lockdown last Jan or Feb (I forgot) because there was going to be a shooting but it was rumor. I was not that scared when I was on campus but the only time I was on campus was when before and after school because there is not that many people. Alot of people left home and I thought it was ok if they want to be very safe.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-13-2005, 11:35 AM
They need to make an example outta this guy and put him away for life. Seeing that on FoxNewsAlert just made me sick to my stomach. I want to be a high school football coach in the future but I sure don't want any disgruntled parent (s) coming for my head if I bench their kid or kick him off the team with good reason.

chhspantherfan
03-06-2013, 08:55 PM
They need to make an example outta this guy and put him away for life. Seeing that on FoxNewsAlert just made me sick to my stomach. I want to be a high school football coach in the future but I sure don't want any disgruntled parent (s) coming for my head if I bench their kid or kick him off the team with good reason.

Remember this one Mr. Buddy Garrity? Thankfully, Coach Kinne has recovered. Hope you are pursuing your dream, nothing like it. The ones I know cherish each moment, not because it may be their last due to some fanatic. Rather, because of the immense satisfaction in helping young men and women set goals and work to reach them. The lesson of not everyone will win is the one lost on most people. Working to overcome that is what separates the program builders from the rest.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
03-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Remember this one Mr. Buddy Garrity? Thankfully, Coach Kinne has recovered. Hope you are pursuing your dream, nothing like it. The ones I know cherish each moment, not because it may be their last due to some fanatic. Rather, because of the immense satisfaction in helping young men and women set goals and work to reach them. The lesson of not everyone will win is the one lost on most people. Working to overcome that is what separates the program builders from the rest.

wow, its really been almost 8 years. sheesh time flies.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
03-12-2013, 12:44 AM
wow, its really been almost 8 years. sheesh time flies.

Yep...he's doing pretty good up in Sherman nowadays.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
03-12-2013, 01:03 AM
Yep...he's doing pretty good up in Sherman nowadays.

yessir!