PDA

View Full Version : David Stern FAIL

KT2000
05-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Go Magic

twcpfan1
05-30-2009, 10:24 PM
LeBron off to Nu Yawk or Joyzee (just over the bridge or under the tunnel) ?

I'd say yes.

If he goes to the Knicks, watch the league grandfather in a LA-NY final.

wizenbud
05-30-2009, 11:28 PM
The Vacation Destination series..... LA vs Orlando..... Disneyland vs Disney World..... Cali vs Florida..... Howard vs Kobe.... should be fun.

lufkindad
05-31-2009, 12:20 AM
I think The magic are better than people give them credit for, I think this will be an awesome series, both teams have unbelievable players. I expect all the games to be somewhat close coming down the stretch, then you'll have Kobe Bryant and Rashard Lewis who I believe have been the most clutch players in the playoffs, these guys have laid it on the line for their teams more than any other players when they have needed them most, so it'll be interesting.

hunterbunter
05-31-2009, 12:26 AM
Go Magic

Hey, at least we can sleep well now knowing NBA games arent fixed by David Stern. Cuz theres no way in hell he fixed games to get this matchup!

lufkindad
05-31-2009, 12:35 AM
Hey, at least we can sleep well now knowing NBA games arent fixed by David Stern. Cuz theres no way in hell he fixed games to get this matchup!

Man when Lebrron got fouled with .5 secs left and Dwight didn't after being tackled by Verajou(?) I thought something was up. Then in the OT they starting calling fouls on the cavs so I thought it was legit.

Or Maybe stern just realized the cavs and their inflated regular season-home record would not help them when they faced the only team in the east this year(the magic) that can compete with the lakers in a 7 game series. :)

lonny23
05-31-2009, 01:20 AM
This doesn't erase the sins of the past, but in this series Stern played it straight up and I'm happy about that.

stevefoxsc
05-31-2009, 01:31 AM
LeBron off to Nu Yawk or Joyzee (just over the bridge or under the tunnel) ?

I'd say yes.

If he goes to the Knicks, watch the league grandfather in a LA-NY final.

i lol'd

wizenbud
05-31-2009, 01:32 AM
Howard will eat Gasol & Odom for lunch. Bynum will need to lift his game for this to be an easy series for LA. LA has an advantage in the backcourt, the bench, & LA has this era's best player. Orlando has a frontline that can hang with LA.... but that's about it. LA in 6... 4-2.

slorch
05-31-2009, 06:38 AM

the two quickies on Chuck Hayes in game 5 in LA totally pissed me off, especially the second one when he no more than farted on the Laker in the lane to get the whistle.

I still think they do it, they just couldn't do it enough to help Cleveland.

slorch
05-31-2009, 06:43 AM
Howard will eat Gasol & Odom for lunch. Bynum will need to lift his game for this to be an easy series for LA. LA has an advantage in the backcourt, the bench, & LA has this era's best player. Orlando has a frontline that can hang with LA.... but that's about it. LA in 6... 4-2.

If they let him play...

I'm a bit fed up with something I have really noticed in this year's POs. They will let the little beotches from LA slap and harass the opponent like Farmar and Vaginavic just totally going "jilted lover" on opposing players without a fould being called, but Howard gets t'ed up for using his elbows to get people off of him.

I don't like it. I think the elbow should be legal if they're going to let opponents get "inside the kitchen." The player with the ball should be able to create some separation while also creating some risk for the defender. In other words, you can go for the steal, but I can defend my personal space.

lonny23
05-31-2009, 04:36 PM
the two quickies on Chuck Hayes in game 5 in LA totally pissed me off, especially the second one when he no more than farted on the Laker in the lane to get the whistle.

I still think they do it, they just couldn't do it enough to help Cleveland.
Your last sentence is the key for me. I think they're getting smart about not making it so obvious. They might make a call here or there, but you still have to do the heavy lifting and do a lot to win it yourself.

I doubt they ever do like 2006 again where they out and out steal Games 3, 5, and 6 for the same team or even like Game 3 where they make 9 bad calls in the last 3 minutes for the winning team.

Favpack
05-31-2009, 04:42 PM
Wrong - Stern owns Disney stock - he's outsmarted you.

LeBron got no calls all series long. :D

slorch
05-31-2009, 04:48 PM
Wrong - Stern owns Disney stock - he's outsmarted you.

LeBron got no calls all series long. :D

Maybe that's where LBJ was headed in such a hurry last night...DisneyLand:notworthy:D

Fleeman93
05-31-2009, 04:53 PM
Going to have to pull for the Magic in this one. Just can't support a rapist (errrr ALLEGED) and hope Houston's Lewis gets a ring.

wizenbud
05-31-2009, 04:56 PM
If they let him play...

I'm a bit fed up with something I have really noticed in this year's POs. They will let the little beotches from LA slap and harass the opponent like Farmar and Vaginavic just totally going "jilted lover" on opposing players without a fould being called, but Howard gets t'ed up for using his elbows to get people off of him.

I don't like it. I think the elbow should be legal if they're going to let opponents get "inside the kitchen." The player with the ball should be able to create some separation while also creating some risk for the defender. In other words, you can go for the steal, but I can defend my personal space.

You can use your elbows as long as you don't swing them above the shoulders of the defending player. (Karl Malone rule) Howard was getting T'ed up for raising the elbows during his swing through.

As for the non-foul/foul calls.....
There isn't one NBA player that thinks that he has EVER commited a foul. (or fan of that team, for that matter) The look of shock when somebody gets a call or doesn't, is priceless.

The only zebra crew I'll even begin to think has tampered with games, in this playoff, is Joey Crawfords crew. Other than that.... there has been missed calls.... but nothing so bad as what happened to the Kings or the Blazers earlier in the decade. ;)

Lonny has done enough beotching for the Mavs... so I leave them out.:p

slorch
05-31-2009, 05:00 PM
You can use your elbows as long as you don't swing them above the shoulders of the defending player. (Karl Malone rule) Howard was getting T'ed up for raising the elbows during his swing through.

As for the non-foul/foul calls.....
There isn't one NBA player that thinks that he has EVER commited a foul. (or fan of that team, for that matter) The look of shock when somebody gets a call or doesn't, is priceless.

The only zebra crew I'll even begin to think has tampered with games, in this playoff, is Joey Crawfords crew. Other than that.... there has been missed calls.... but nothing so bad as what happened to the Kings or the Blazers earlier in the decade. ;)

Lonny has done enough beotching for the Mavs... so I leave them out.:p

I still say if they're going to let the gnats come in a slappin at the ball, the big boys should be able to swing the elbows.

as for the stare downs and complaining after a call, the league really could control that...if they wanted to. that's a big turn-off for me and I feel like they're catering to the wrong element by allowing it to persist.

wizenbud
05-31-2009, 05:07 PM
I still say if they're going to let the gnats come in a slappin at the ball, the big boys should be able to swing the elbows.

I am with you.... but, you shouldn't be able to swing towards the head of any player. Elbows are weapons. Davis Robinson can attest to that. He got KTFO by Karl Malone... hence the rule. Dwight can get space without swinging high. He can swing while bent and send every player in the NBA flying... without a foul call. And if he keep the ball above his shoulders like he was taught.... the gnats wouldn't be able to slap at the ball. Just a thought.;)

twcpfan1
05-31-2009, 05:08 PM
I am with you.... but, you shouldn't be able to swing towards the head of any player. Elbows are weapons. Davis Robinson can attest to that. He got KTFO by Karl Malone... hence the rule. Dwight can get space without swinging high. He can swing while bent and send every player in the NBA flying... without a foul call. And if he keep the ball above his shoulders like he was taught.... the gnats wouldn't be able to slap at the ball. Just a thought.;)

Robinson was just soft

slorch
05-31-2009, 05:10 PM
robinson was just a champion

fify

wizenbud
05-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Robinson was just soft

NBA Rookie of the Year, NBA Defensive Player of the year, NBA MVP, 2 rings. 2 gold medals, 1 bronze, on the "Dream Team", & One of the all time 50 greatest players..... yep, soft. :rolleyes:

twcpfan1
05-31-2009, 05:17 PM
NBA Rookie of the Year, NBA Defensive Player of the year, NBA MVP, 2 rings. 2 gold medals, 1 bronze, on the "Dream Team", & One of the all time 50 greatest players..... yep, soft. :rolleyes:

All true. Ok he's not soft then. He just plays like a girl. So does Duncan. :D

wizenbud
05-31-2009, 05:20 PM

Ok... if you say so.... they own rings... Robinson is in the HOF... & Duncan will be soon. Not bad for a couple of "Girls" in a mans game. ;)

Jealous ?? :confused:

slorch
05-31-2009, 05:21 PM

http://www.zebco.com/images/zebco_medallion_125.jpg

twcpfan1
05-31-2009, 05:22 PM
Ok... if you say so.... they own rings... Robinson is in the HOF... & Duncan will be soon. Not bad for a couple of "Girls" in a mans game. ;)

Jealous ?? :confused:

I was paying them a compliment. Diana Taurasi's a girl. Lauren Jackson. Dawn Staley. They can all play. Why do you Spurs fans get all defensive all the time?

wizenbud
05-31-2009, 05:28 PM
I was paying them a compliment. Diana Taurasi's a girl. Lauren Jackson. Dawn Staley. They can all play. Why do you Spurs fans get all defensive all the time?

Because we take offense when you call our players "girls" when they play in a mans game. ;)

If you think Taurasi, Jackson, or Staley can play in the NBA and put up D. Rob or Duncan numbers, then I'll take it as a compliment. Until somebody can say that with a straight face.... I can't consider that as a compliment. Just an opinion. No hard feelings meant. ;)

mad_fan
05-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Robinson was just soft

You suck...:)