PDA

View Full Version : some pics

farmerfan
12-29-2005, 08:30 AM
Since we have been talking some trivia and about places we have been. I thought I would provide a link to some pictures I was able to upload from my trip to Boston this past summer. I am in the 5th picture, this was from the yankee series July 14-17th. There is one pic from July 5th 2002, I was at Fenway on the day Ted Williams passed away, The Sox lost to the Tigers that night, however it was a surreal feeling being in Fenway that night.

http://community.webshots.com/user/BostonFarmer

farmerfan
12-30-2005, 12:47 AM
here ya go D08

dragons08
12-30-2005, 12:51 AM
alright thanks man

wide-e-wide
12-30-2005, 12:56 AM
Cool pictures Farmer...I lost all of my pictures from the East Coast...makes me want to puke every time I think about it. I had pics of me and my buddies at Fenway,Shea,Wrigley,Camden Yard.........man....I had like two boxes full...and I transferred to Pensacola and they got lost in the move somehow.

dragons08
12-30-2005, 12:58 AM
Cool pictures Farmer...I lost all of my pictures from the East Coast...makes me want to puke every time I think about it. I had pics of me and my buddies at Fenway,Shea,Wrigley,Camden Yard.........man....I had like two boxes full...and I transferred to Pensacola and they got lost in the move somehow.
wrigley..man i got some good pics of wrigley to, i just gotta find them..

farmerfan
12-30-2005, 01:00 AM

I have plenty more at my moms house. It never dawned on me to scan them. I was over at a buddies house and he had a scanner so I ran back to my apt and grabbed the ones I had and BOOM downloaded them. I still have plenty to scan on there and hopefully one day I will do just that. I have some from UGA, UT(Tennessee), UA(Alabama) as well as Washington DC.
I hope I never lose some of these pictures, there are plenty of pictures I would never post on here, however they are priceless in their meaning to me and my friends and other parties that were involved in the pics.

Primetime536
12-30-2005, 01:03 AM
Since we have been talking some trivia and about places we have been. I thought I would provide a link to some pictures I was able to upload from my trip to Boston this past summer. I am in the 5th picture, this was from the yankee series July 14-17th. There is one pic from July 5th 2002, I was at Fenway on the day Ted Williams passed away, The Sox lost to the Tigers that night, however it was a surreal feeling being in Fenway that night.

http://community.webshots.com/user/BostonFarmer
Theres no place like boston.

dragons08
12-30-2005, 01:04 AM
i have never been to boston, id love to hit new york and boston...friend told me new york is "an expensive suewer"

farmerfan
12-30-2005, 01:07 AM
i have never been to boston, id love to hit new york and boston...friend told me new york is "an expensive suewer"

if you wanna do both, fly into either NYC or Boston and spend about 3 days in one city then take the Amtrak to the other city. If you want to take the high speed acela express it cost 100 bucks, if you want to take the metroliner it cost 50 bucks. You pass through some awesome sceneary considering the Amtrak lines are along the whole eastern seaborg. Its awesome. Just dont buy beer on the train, it cost over 5 bucks and the selection sucks.

wide-e-wide
12-30-2005, 01:08 AM
if you wanna do both, fly into either NYC or Boston and spend about 3 days in one city then take the Amtrak to the other city. If you want to take the high speed acela express it cost 100 bucks, if you want to take the metroliner it cost 50 bucks. You pass through some awesome sceneary considering the Amtrak lines are along the whole eastern seaborg. Its awesome. Just dont buy beer on the train, it cost over 5 bucks and the selection sucks.

Dude...I would love to do that. My wife and I kid all the time...that we should have been that couple that toured every ballpark in America...that would be awesome.

dragons08
12-30-2005, 01:10 AM
shoud talk to the parents about possibly doing that one week this summer

farmerfan
12-30-2005, 01:16 AM
Dude...I would love to do that. My wife and I kid all the time...that we should have been that couple that toured every ballpark in America...that would be awesome.

thats funny. I kid myself all the time saying the only reason I'm still single and dont date a girl for that long is because she doesn't understand or like baseball. As much as I kid myself about that, there is a lot of truth in it as well. One day I would love to do that. Just think you could go out to Atlanta watch a braves game, drive up to DC and catch a nationals game, then catch the Amtrak to Baltimore about a 45 min trip from DC and catch a Oriole game, then the next day take the train to Philly about a 2 hour train ride from Baltimore, there you could catch a Phillies game. Then take the train another hour up to NYC and catch a Mets and yankee game. You could conclude your trip by taking the train another 3 hours up to Boston and catch a Sox game. Within 6 hours on a train you would pass through cities with 6 ball clubs.
When I get married and have kids one day, I am definitely taking a ball park tour, rather if its in california up to washington or along the midwest from st louis to chicago to Milwaukee then over to Ohio and up to Detroit and down to Pittsburgh. Man im getting excited thinking about this.

dragons08
12-30-2005, 01:21 AM
thats funny. I kid myself all the time saying the only reason I'm still single and dont date a girl for that long is because she doesn't understand or like baseball. As much as I kid myself about that, there is a lot of truth in it as well. One day I would love to do that. Just think you could go out to Atlanta watch a braves game, drive up to DC and catch a nationals game, then catch the Amtrak to Baltimore about a 45 min trip from DC and catch a Oriole game, then the next day take the train to Philly about a 2 hour train ride from Baltimore, there you could catch a Phillies game. Then take the train another hour up to NYC and catch a Mets and yankee game. You could conclude your trip by taking the train another 3 hours up to Boston and catch a Sox game. Within 6 hours on a train you would pass through cities with 6 ball clubs.
When I get married and have kids one day, I am definitely taking a ball park tour, rather if its in california up to washington or along the midwest from st louis to chicago to Milwaukee then over to Ohio and up to Detroit and down to Pittsburgh. Man im getting excited thinking about this.
why not do that this summer? seems like you got it all planned out already..why wait?

farmerfan
12-30-2005, 01:25 AM
why not do that this summer? seems like you got it all planned out already..why wait?

as much as I love doing things alone. I would want to do that with my kid and wife one day. My dad and I never got around to doing it since he passed away before we could. Before he passed we made it to games at Turner Field, Fulton County, Busch, Fenway, Dodger Stadium, Jack Murphy, Oakland and San Fransisco. We were going to make every park one day but life had a different plan for us.

dragons08
12-30-2005, 01:33 AM
as much as I love doing things alone. I would want to do that with my kid and wife one day. My dad and I never got around to doing it since he passed away before we could. Before he passed we made it to games at Turner Field, Fulton County, Busch, Fenway, Dodger Stadium, Jack Murphy, Oakland and San Fransisco. We were going to make every park one day but life had a different plan for us.
oh, im sorry man

im sure in a few years you'll find somebody who loves baseball just like you and will do that tour with you

farmerfan
12-30-2005, 01:35 AM
oh, im sorry man

im sure in a few years you'll find somebody who loves baseball just like you and will do that tour with you

i better. maybe i will give up my stubborn pride and give in, then force her into liking baseball.

wide-e-wide
12-30-2005, 01:37 AM
i better. maybe i will give up my stubborn pride and give in, then force her into liking baseball.

I got lucky...my wife absolutely loves baseball...and I'm not talking about...one of those women who just watches the playoffs...she is there all season...it's amazing...and I love it.

farmerfan
12-30-2005, 01:42 AM
I got lucky...my wife absolutely loves baseball...and I'm not talking about...one of those women who just watches the playoffs...she is there all season...it's amazing...and I love it.

im jealous, of course that means there is hope out that those amazing women still exist.

wide-e-wide
12-30-2005, 02:19 AM
im jealous, of course that means there is hope out that those amazing women still exist.

I'm sure they are few and far between. My wife and I spent our first date at a baseball game...followed by a case of beer and watching the Longhorns on TV...right then...I knew she was the one...ahahahaha

farmerfan
12-30-2005, 05:34 AM
I'm sure they are few and far between. My wife and I spent our first date at a baseball game...followed by a case of beer and watching the Longhorns on TV...right then...I knew she was the one...ahahahaha

my ex used to go to HS football playoff games with me. she loved it, would sit at TX Stadium for 3 games a day without complaining. She wasn't a big baseball fan but did come to all my games. She would have come around eventually.

lonny23
12-30-2005, 07:56 AM
What makes you think band boy will be able to score some suds?:p

farmerfan
12-30-2005, 07:57 AM
What makes you think band boy will be able to score some suds?:p

man he's a pimp all pimps get what they want.

lonny23
12-30-2005, 08:05 AM
Me and my buddy thought about going to all the hockey arenas for games, but they keep moving.

Maybe I'll pick up and just go by teams one of these days. The home arenas so far:

Los Angeles
Dallas
Detroit
Pittsburgh
Washington
Philadelphia
New Jersey
NY Islanders
Buffalo

lonny23
12-30-2005, 08:12 AM
That kind of stuff is are my moves.

I went to hockey games in Pittsburgh and Detroit on back-to-back days.

In 2002, I went to see Odessa play Big Spring at Ratliff and then went to Midland to see the Bulldogs play L Coronado for the 2nd half!:D

I did a day-night thing for the Islanders and Devils on a Saturday and saw the Mavs play in Boston Garden the next day.

During the 1996-1997 hockey season, I saw one game each month between September and May. I couldn't get tickets for the World Cup of Hockey in August (U.S. vs. Canada) for the Cup Finals in June that year.

farmerfan
12-30-2005, 08:16 AM
That kind of stuff is are my moves.

I went to hockey games in Pittsburgh and Detroit on back-to-back days.

In 2002, I went to see Odessa play Big Spring at Ratliff and then went to Midland to see the Bulldogs play L Coronado for the 2nd half!:D

I did a day-night thing for the Islanders and Devils on a Saturday and saw the Mavs play in Boston Garden the next day.

During the 1996-1997 hockey season, I saw one game each month between September and May. I couldn't get tickets for the World Cup of Hockey in August (U.S. vs. Canada) for the Cup Finals in June that year.

Yeah that stuff is cool, you could do it in Washington by catching a nats game during the day then taking the train or driving up to baltimore for a night game. The same in Philly then up to NY or NY then up to Boston. I'm not much into basketball or hockey but it would be cool to do a arena trip. It's just there are no more legendary arenas around like their used to be.

lonny23
12-30-2005, 08:24 AM
Yeah that stuff is cool, you could do it in Washington by catching a nats game during the day then taking the train or driving up to baltimore for a night game. The same in Philly then up to NY or NY then up to Boston. I'm not much into basketball or hockey but it would be cool to do a arena trip. It's just there are no more legendary arenas around like their used to be.
You're right about that. They move too fast to be legendary.

They don't play at Chicago Stadium or Boston Garden anymore. They still play at MSG. I didn't see the mall in Hartford where the Whalers played. Joe Louis was cool. I got to see the Spectrum in Philly. I never did get to The Forum. The Buffalo War Memorial would've been cool. They had fog in there for the Cup Finals in 1975!:cool:

farmerfan
12-30-2005, 08:34 AM
You're right about that. They move too fast to be legendary.

They don't play at Chicago Stadium or Boston Garden anymore. They still play at MSG. I didn't see the mall in Hartford where the Whalers played. Joe Louis was cool. I got to see the Spectrum in Philly. I never did get to The Forum. The Buffalo War Memorial would've been cool. They had fog in there for the Cup Finals in 1975!:cool:

The Forum or Maple Leaf Garden would have been cool as well as Chicago Stadium. The Garden was special, I attended a basketball game there many years ago but thats about it.

farmerfan
12-30-2005, 09:20 AM

man that sucks that you lost them. I remember losing some pictures of some friends of mine and me that I have not seen in years. They some how dissapeared and it sucks. Memories last a long time but pictures sure help to bring back a thought that hadn't crossed the mind in a while. I hate hearing that happend to you, especially after reading on here and seeing how much you love baseball and your navy friends and stories.

lonny23
12-30-2005, 09:42 AM
The Forum or Maple Leaf Garden would have been cool as well as Chicago Stadium. The Garden was special, I attended a basketball game there many years ago but thats about it.
Did you like those nasty lime green colors? I thought coming up the ramp from the bottom was cool!:D

farmerfan
12-30-2005, 09:52 AM
Did you like those nasty lime green colors? I thought coming up the ramp from the bottom was cool!:D

I loved how the exit at North Station was right at the Garden entrance as well as how the Central Artery, I-93 ran right by the Garden. After the game we ventured into the North End and ate at some upscale Italian resturant where my mom got mad at me for my manners at the table. The Garden was special but small, the seats inside in that place were more uncomfortable than they are at Fenway.

lonny23
12-30-2005, 09:56 AM
I loved how the exit at North Station was right at the Garden entrance as well as how the Central Artery, I-93 ran right by the Garden. After the game we ventured into the North End and ate at some upscale Italian resturant where my mom got mad at me for my manners at the table. The Garden was special but small, the seats inside in that place were more uncomfortable than they are at Fenway.
They have a lot of obstructed view seats like The Spectrum, too.

garlandowl08
12-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Farmerfan, im pretty sure there was a movie made about you. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0332047/)

dragons08
12-30-2005, 06:52 PM
Farmerfan, im pretty sure there was a movie made about you. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0332047/)
is wide the chick?

farmerfan
12-30-2005, 09:03 PM

ha
thats what all my friends around here say. I have yet to see it. However if Drew Barrymore was ever involved with anything in my life then it would be quite the great life.
By the way, I have no intentions of seeing that movie.

garlandowl08
12-31-2005, 12:26 AM
ha
thats what all my friends around here say. I have yet to see it. However if Drew Barrymore was ever involved with anything in my life then it would be quite the great life.
By the way, I have no intentions of seeing that movie.

I haven't seen it either...just an observation.

wide-e-wide
12-31-2005, 01:13 AM
man that sucks that you lost them. I remember losing some pictures of some friends of mine and me that I have not seen in years. They some how dissapeared and it sucks. Memories last a long time but pictures sure help to bring back a thought that hadn't crossed the mind in a while. I hate hearing that happend to you, especially after reading on here and seeing how much you love baseball and your navy friends and stories.

Man it kills me every time I think about it....or I tell my wife a story...and I can just see the photos in my mind...and I can't show them to her....I don't think I will ever forgive myself for losing those pictures.

I had a really cool pic of my buddy and I at "A" school in Meridian,Ms...we were at the bowling alley on base...he lost a bet to me and had to wear a Dallas Cowboys cap (he was a huge Redskins fan)...we were serious drinking buddies...like every damn day...he was my boy. He was killed 2 years later when his ship (USS Cole) was attacked...I wish I had those pics the most out of all of them.

farmerfan
12-31-2005, 03:15 AM
Man it kills me every time I think about it....or I tell my wife a story...and I can just see the photos in my mind...and I can't show them to her....I don't think I will ever forgive myself for losing those pictures.

I had a really cool pic of my buddy and I at "A" school in Meridian,Ms...we were at the bowling alley on base...he lost a bet to me and had to wear a Dallas Cowboys cap (he was a huge Redskins fan)...we were serious drinking buddies...like every damn day...he was my boy. He was killed 2 years later when his ship (USS Cole) was attacked...I wish I had those pics the most out of all of them.

Man, that is terrible. What happend on that attack was one heart felt story. I hate hearing how it happend to one of your "boys". I wish there was something we all could do to get those pictures back for you.
I just spent a night out drinking with my brother, he got back from Iraq roughly a month ago, he was telling me some stories about some friends of his. He broke down on our way home and it kills me to not only see him in that condition but to realize how a family is feeling right now.
The Men and Women who serve in our military are truly special and there is not enough thanks that can go out to them. Right now as we are getting ready to celebrate a new year, it is the Men and Women in uniform that we should truly be thankful towards.
So, Wide, Lonny, LP98, dgrbkr, DD, CC57, LPMOM and all others who serve in our military our have kids in our military you people are the true heros.