PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams Back

yankee
12-28-2005, 06:28 PM
Ricky Williams just came off a season-high 172 yards against the Tennesee Titans on Saturday. He has now rushed for 635 yards in just 11 games. Just a year ago, he was somewhere in Asia smoking pot and broke. Will he become one of the leagues premier back just like he was a few years ago, or will he go back to his drug ways.

Reaganrattler07
12-28-2005, 06:31 PM
635 in 11 games? I haven't kept up with him but if he got 635 in just 11 games....that's not exactly amazing.

yankee
12-28-2005, 06:33 PM
635 in 11 games? I haven't kept up with him but if he got 635 in just 11 games....that's not exactly amazing.
no its not. only about 58 yards a game. but that must be an improvement from a year ago.

Reaganrattler07
12-28-2005, 07:29 PM
no its not. only about 58 yards a game. but that must be an improvement from a year ago.

My point exactly....58 isn't all that much....but yeah, it's an improvement from when he wasn't even playing....

ThEgReAtOnE
12-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Just think,
In 2002 Ricky rushed for 1853 yds with 383 carries and 16 tds, in 16 games.

This year he rushed for 635 yds on 140 carries and 5 tds, in 11 games.

If we plugged in the same amount of games and carries from 2002 and averaged in Ricky's yds per carry, from this season, he would have 1724 yds with 383 carries and 16 tds....not bad, IMO!!! ;)

ThEgReAtOnE
12-28-2005, 08:36 PM
Ricky's a great player, and a great friend!!!

.....and YES......he's back!!!!;)

Reaganrattler07
12-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Just think,

If we plugged in the same amount of games and carries from 2002 and averaged in Ricky's yds per carry, from this season, he would have 1724 yds with 383 carries and 16 tds....not bad, IMO!!! ;)

So in 5 games he's gonna score 11 touchdowns, get 243 carries and rush for 1218 yards?

....they need stricter rules pertaining to drugs

wide-e-wide
12-29-2005, 12:01 AM
Skins...what he is saying is...Ricky is getting a lot less touches this season...Imagine if he were getting the ball as much as he used to...
The man is a beast...point blank...and next year he will be back to normal...I can promise you that much.

BAMF cowboy
12-29-2005, 12:31 AM
remember, he's splitting time with 1st round draft pick ronnie brown

Primetime536
12-29-2005, 01:57 AM

hes also a good team player huh?:rolleyes:

dragons08
12-29-2005, 11:08 AM
hes back..trade bait

TexasRed6x
12-29-2005, 12:46 PM
remember, he's splitting time with 1st round draft pick ronnie brown

This is why he hasn't been playing like the player we once saw that went over 1,600 yards and 16 TD's. I'm sure the drugs don't have anything to do with his poor play this season. I guess he's trying to get himself into playing football(since this is his first year back from his so called "retirement"), or Coach Saban just wants to see what each back can do in the backfield together while giving Brown most of the carries to work him into the NFL.

BAMF cowboy
12-29-2005, 01:43 PM
it pissed me off so much when ricky said he was coming back, after the dolphins had just used their #4 pick on a RB. Do you see them trading Ronnie for a draft pick in the future? because they dont need two #1 backs like this

dragons08
12-29-2005, 02:26 PM
it pissed me off so much when ricky said he was coming back, after the dolphins had just used their #4 pick on a RB. Do you see them trading Ronnie for a draft pick in the future? because they dont need two #1 backs like this
theyll trade rickey..ronnie has more of a futre IMO

yankee
12-29-2005, 02:31 PM
theyll trade rickey..ronnie has more of a futre IMO
williams is in his prime years right now i think. hes only in his late twenties.

dragons08
12-29-2005, 02:37 PM
williams is in his prime years right now i think. hes only in his late twenties.
but he has the history and what not to 'quit'

dont get me wrong he was a great and is a great player, but his 'quitting' is what would worry me

yankee
12-29-2005, 02:40 PM
but he has the history and what not to 'quit'

dont get me wrong he was a great and is a great player, but his 'quitting' is what would worry me
but there might be a small chance that he realized he was wrong and now hes gonna play for real. he wont quit, and he might becomea #1 back too.

FootballJunkie
12-29-2005, 08:11 PM

He is a pot head with mental issues who only came back because he was sued for his signing bonus and therfore broke!!! , and retired because he knew he was going to be hot on a piss test and get suspended!!! Tell him to put his dress back on maybe he will run better:D
Just my opinion:p

Evil47
12-31-2005, 02:49 PM

He did split carries with Ronnie Brown just to let you idiots know..

Diablos
12-31-2005, 03:27 PM
Skins...what he is saying is...Ricky is getting a lot less touches this season...Imagine if he were getting the ball as much as he used to...
The man is a beast...point blank...and next year he will be back to normal...I can promise you that much.

His body is a beast His head is a squirrel

wide-e-wide
12-31-2005, 03:44 PM
His body is a beast His head is a squirrel

They don't pay him to think...they pay him to run over people.

Diablos
12-31-2005, 03:46 PM
They don't pay him to think...they pay him to run over people.

Yeah? How'd that work for them last year?

wide-e-wide
12-31-2005, 03:49 PM

How is gonna work for them next year?...you know Ricky is offering to play for free....He knows he screwed up and is trying to make things right...

Diablos
12-31-2005, 03:53 PM
How is gonna work for them next year?...you know Ricky is offering to play for free....He knows he screwed up and is trying to make things right...

Yeah I know. This is the same ricky who with his rap artist agent brokered the most ridiculous contract known amongst the NFL with The Saints. Nothing surprises me with him. We'll see him on ESPN with a "will work for food" sign next..

wide-e-wide
12-31-2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah I know. This is the same ricky who with his rap artist agent brokered the most ridiculous contract known amongst the NFL with The Saints. Nothing surprises me with him. We'll see him on ESPN with a "will work for food" sign next..

Say what you want about Ricky...but he has proven himself time and time again. From winning the Heisman to being picked for the Pro Bowl...He is a bit strange...I've always said that about him...but the dude is a baller.

Diablos
12-31-2005, 04:00 PM
Say what you want about Ricky...but he has proven himself time and time again. From winning the Heisman to being picked for the Pro Bowl...He is a bit strange...I've always said that about him...but the dude is a baller.

I can't dispute that he is a baller. Just a nutcase baller. But then so was Spellman for the 49'ers and Dallas

LoneRocket
12-31-2005, 04:09 PM
--

wide-e-wide
12-31-2005, 04:11 PM
I think all players should have incentive based contracts...You don't show up...you don't get paid...you don't score X amount of TD's...you don't get paid...Think of what it would do for competition...

LoneRocket
12-31-2005, 04:13 PM
--

wide-e-wide
12-31-2005, 04:15 PM
Only if they are given those oportunites to reach those personal and team goals. Remember how mad S Alexander was when he pulled from a game and he did not win the rushing title.

You're right...the contracts would have to be worded just right...and everybody starts out with the same amount...the league minimum:eek:

FootballJunkie
12-31-2005, 05:45 PM
You're right...the contracts would have to be worded just right...and everybody starts out with the same amount...the league minimum:eek:

It is amazing how Ricky Williams is a baller although he is a dope head transvestite...but Marcus Vick is a child molester. Amazing how your logic is:confused:

Diablos
12-31-2005, 06:24 PM
It is amazing how Ricky Williams is a baller although he is a dope head transvestite...but Marcus Vick is a child molester. Amazing how your logic is:confused:

Ricky's from Texas whadda think?

LoneRocket
12-31-2005, 07:11 PM
--

Diablos
12-31-2005, 10:44 PM
Actually he is from Ca-li-forn-ia.

My point was He was from UT, that's why wide sees no fault.

lonny23
01-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Ricky Williams just came off a season-high 172 yards against the Tennesee Titans on Saturday. He has now rushed for 635 yards in just 11 games. Just a year ago, he was somewhere in Asia smoking pot and broke. Will he become one of the leagues premier back just like he was a few years ago, or will he go back to his drug ways.
I think he found out he couldn't have too much fun for very long if he wasn't working. That's why he's playing football again.

He'll be a good back for a few more years.

lonny23
01-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Just think,

Yes, you have to account for a lack of carries because he was getting back into shape and he had to share the football, too.

lonny23
01-01-2006, 11:20 AM

He'll never be what he was a few years ago, but I still see a 1000 yard guy. Even Emmitt was a 1000 yard type guy when he retired.

lonny23
01-01-2006, 11:24 AM
So in 5 games he's gonna score 11 touchdowns, get 243 carries and rush for 1218 yards?

....they need stricter rules pertaining to drugs
All he said was give Ricky the same yards per carry he's getting this year and add more carries and he'd have 1200 yards over the 15 games so far. The truth is Ricky will run it better next year than this year.

lonny23
01-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Thank you. You just said what I did!

lonny23
01-01-2006, 11:28 AM
hes also a good team player huh?:rolleyes:
Ricky has had a tough life so far. I don't agree with everything he has done, but everybody deserves a second chance. I bet most of his teammates accepted his apology. They just wanted to know he was with them and I haven't heard about any problems this year.

lonny23
01-01-2006, 11:30 AM
but there might be a small chance that he realized he was wrong and now hes gonna play for real. he wont quit, and he might becomea #1 back too.
The Dolphins really have a tough decision ahead. They better know how good Brown will be or how much Ricky has left.

lonny23
01-01-2006, 11:33 AM
He is a pot head with mental issues who only came back because he was sued for his signing bonus and therfore broke!!! , and retired because he knew he was going to be hot on a piss test and get suspended!!! Tell him to put his dress back on maybe he will run better:D
Just my opinion:p
SI made him wear the dress as a joke. He did the other stuff, too. The best years of his life were spent at UT. He found some stuff in NO he didn't like, but it looked like he put it all together in Miami. If OnE doesn't want to throw him under the bus, neither should we.

lonny23
01-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Yes, he missed a year. He's back now and can still play good. I remember Too Tall Jones retired to box and I actually saw one of his matches. The Cowboys let him come back in his prime and he played at a high level for about 6 or 7 more years and played like 10 more years after he retired to box. The Bulls let Jordan come back from playing baseball. As long as he passes the drug tests, the Dolphins will be happy with him.

lonny23
01-01-2006, 11:39 AM
That was a bad contract. His agent didn't do him any favors, but he was giving the guy a chance to be an agent and made a mistake. I guarantee you I could come over to your house, talk to you for about an hour, and start telling you the stuff you're doing wrong.

lonny23
01-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Only if they are given those oportunites to reach those personal and team goals. Remember how mad S Alexander was when he pulled from a game and he did not win the rushing title.
Yeah, many teams have pulled players from games and kept them from reaching a certain bonus incentive in their contract. That's in all sports.

lonny23
01-01-2006, 11:45 AM
He wore the dress as a joke. That doesn't make him a transvestite. That's Rodman!:D

Smoking dope is illegal, but not as bad as being a child molester. The big deal for Wide is Ricky is from UT and Vick is from Va Tech.

FootballJunkie
01-01-2006, 04:46 PM
He wore the dress as a joke. That doesn't make him a transvestite. That's Rodman!:D

Smoking dope is illegal, but not as bad as being a child molester. The big deal for Wide is Ricky is from UT and Vick is from Va Tech.

Transvestite= A person who dresses or acts in a style or manner traditionally associated with the opposite sex. ie Ricky Williams in a dress:rolleyes: Smoking dope IS illegal so like I said he is a dope smoking transvestite who only came back because he was broke... spent too much on weed in his commune I guess.