PDA

View Full Version : This is where I draw the (bleep)'n line....

wide-e-wide
12-26-2005, 12:22 PM
You all know I went on a rant a while back when I heard Hall and Oates on the oldies station...

Well again...I am listening to Oldies 95.7 here in Waco this morning...and sandwiched in between The Temptations and Gary Puckett and Union Gap...the DJ attempts to get one past ol' wide-e-wide. What did he play you ask?

That 1988 classic "I've had the time of my life" from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack!!

Oh hell no!! You can't just try and squeeze that one in there...thinking that I won't catch it.

Dude...I was a year away from high school when that song was on the charts...and now it is on the oldies station?

I can't take this anymore........I AM NOT THAT OLD!!! Got it?....now stop it with this nonsense...songs from 1988 are not oldies...they are ........ummm......ummm....retro-jams....or throwbacks...or something...but not oldies. If I was old enough to slow dance with a girl when the song came out...It is not an oldie!!!....because if that were true...it could mean only one thing.................I'm old...........and I AM NOT OLD!!

stevefoxsc
12-26-2005, 02:30 PM
hi grandpa

garlandowl08
12-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Need some fixadent?

How bout depends?

AZTiger
12-26-2005, 03:57 PM
i hear sam's club is having a sale on cases of metamucil

lonny23
12-26-2005, 04:08 PM
You all know I went on a rant a while back when I heard Hall and Oates on the oldies station...

Well again...I am listening to Oldies 95.7 here in Waco this morning...and sandwiched in between The Temptations and Gary Puckett and Union Gap...the DJ attempts to get one past ol' wide-e-wide. What did he play you ask?

That 1988 classic "I've had the time of my life" from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack!!

Oh hell no!! You can't just try and squeeze that one in there...thinking that I won't catch it.

Dude...I was a year away from high school when that song was on the charts...and now it is on the oldies station?

I can't take this anymore........I AM NOT THAT OLD!!! Got it?....now stop it with this nonsense...songs from 1988 are not oldies...they are ........ummm......ummm....retro-jams....or throwbacks...or something...but not oldies. If I was old enough to slow dance with a girl when the song came out...It is not an oldie!!!....because if that were true...it could mean only one thing.................I'm old...........and I AM NOT OLD!!
YOU'RE OLD. You just dream about having the time of your life!:p

wide-e-wide
12-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Thanks guys...I knew I could count on 'yall for support.:rolleyes:

garlandowl08
12-26-2005, 04:23 PM

hahahahaha...everyone's a comedian

lonny23
12-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Don't be coming around here if you want sympathy!:D

Favpack
12-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Whatever happened to Jennifer Gray, Patrick Swayze?...still waiting patiently for Ghost II or Dirty Dancing III, or is it Ghost III and Dirty Dancing II?

Redneckn
12-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Wide.. I used to work for a station back in Shreveport. This back around '96 or so. I actually worked at the little 'am' station. But we had an FM oldies station in the same building. It was completely automated except for the "morning drive" during the week. Anyway. I'm over look thru some of the cd's so I could burn some Mamma's and Pappas. I am reading the songs on the disks. It was all like compilations and stuff. They were called "Solid Golden Oldies". I get to like disk 1804 and there it is... Track #6: Pamama, VanHalen. I was devastated. Since then, I won't listen to anything more than about 5 years old in front of anyone. I'm not old.... I only listen to the stuff I did when coming up in the privacy of my own home or when I am on the open road. That way nobody can make fun of me and tell me I'm old.. :D

dragons08
12-26-2005, 09:51 PM
i guess i can pretend to care..

dont worry kiddo, your the best and the bigger person, and the coolest and what ever else you want, your the best at it

mad_fan
12-26-2005, 10:01 PM
i guess i can pretend to care..

dont worry kiddo, your the best and the bigger person, and the coolest and what ever else you want, your the best at it

Why? I'm his running mate and you didn't see me post anything earlier.:p

dragons08
12-26-2005, 10:07 PM
thought it was the right thing to do i guess?

lonny23
12-27-2005, 05:46 AM
You were too busy spelling POTATOE!:p