PDA

View Full Version : Brett---time to go?

mad_fan
12-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Just curious what you guys (and gals) think...:D

BAMF cowboy
12-25-2005, 11:47 PM
he's definitely past his prime, but i still think he's got something left. he's had a rough year, a lot of injuries in GB. It really depends on how he wants to go out. He can go out in decent fashion, or hang around for as long as possible (emmitt smith). i think he'll be back next season, he wont want to finish like this.

dragons08
12-26-2005, 12:11 AM
well...as a bears fan id like to see him leave..but i think he should stay..

after watching him play today, hes showed me he still has it in him..he made that bears d look medicore not even close to their normal dominate self..with all the injuries and what not he still proved he can go out and play, hats off to brett

something like brett is the only qb to throw over 200 yards against the bears this season, and he did it twice? i think he went over 200 today..but that just shows you how hes still competitive..

lonny23
12-26-2005, 07:49 AM
he's definitely past his prime, but i still think he's got something left. he's had a rough year, a lot of injuries in GB. It really depends on how he wants to go out. He can go out in decent fashion, or hang around for as long as possible (emmitt smith). i think he'll be back next season, he wont want to finish like this.
Emmitt is a bad example. He was still 1000-yard caliber his last 2 years in Arizona. He would've been a 1000 yard rusher in 2002 in Dallas if they hadn't started playing Hambrick. He lost most of 2003 and had 937 yards his last year for the Cards, which is what he started out with in Dallas. In both cases (1990 and 2004), he missed a few games that would've put him over the top.

FootballJunkie
12-26-2005, 03:23 PM

after watching him play today, hes showed me he still has it in him..he made that bears d look medicore not even close to their normal dominate self..with all the injuries and what not he still proved he can go out and play, hats off to brett

something like brett is the only qb to throw over 200 yards against the bears this season, and he did it twice? i think he went over 200 today..but that just shows you how hes still competitive..

Guess you didnt see those int's Farvre had...He should retire now before he loses all his superstar luster. Perhaps he wants to wait around like Jerry Rice and not have a choice and just get benched.

TexasRed6x
12-26-2005, 06:18 PM
I don't think he should retire now. He's just had some bad luck this year to go along with a bad coach. He's trying everything he possibly can to help this team win but everything is going wrong for him right now. He's a great QB no doubt about it He's just had a bad season thats all.

yankee
12-26-2005, 06:31 PM
brett favre needs to stick it out at least one more year. as mentioned before, injuries have plagued the packers. if he goes another year, he'll get his offensive weapons back.

ThEgReAtOnE
12-26-2005, 06:35 PM
I wonder if I had a poll, when I retired?!:D

A player earns the right to decide when its time to walk away! It's an un-written rule in the league!!

And trust me...the team and Brett will have a talk in the next few months. It's a team sport....the team has also earned the right to question Brett....but no one else!

TexasRed6x
12-26-2005, 06:56 PM
And I heard on ESPN sportcenter that the return of coach Mike Sherman will influence whether or not Brett will return. All I can say to that is that they are wrong and I agree with ThEgreAtOnE that it should be Brett's right to decide whether he wants to return next season, not what the media thinks.

southlake thug
12-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Yeah it is his decision, but would you want to be in that GB backfield if you were him? Haven't they had like 4 RB go down with torn ACL's. I would stay as far away from Lambo as I could it I were a QB/RB.

mad_fan
12-26-2005, 09:22 PM
I wonder if I had a poll, when I retired?!:D

A player earns the right to decide when its time to walk away! It's an un-written rule in the league!!

And trust me...the team and Brett will have a talk in the next few months. It's a team sport....the team has also earned the right to question Brett....but no one else!

That's the kind of answer I ususlly give.:D

I was curious about OPINIONS...I get to listen to the 'experts' on ESPN and read the wannabe's in the paper...so I figured it was a fair question here.

I agree HE will make the decision.

There probably was a poll (or a pool) before you retired.:D

mad_fan
12-26-2005, 09:24 PM
And I heard on ESPN sportcenter that the return of coach Mike Sherman will influence whether or not Brett will return. All I can say to that is that they are wrong and I agree with ThEgreAtOnE that it should be Brett's right to decide whether he wants to return next season, not what the media thinks.

That's what I was looking for...the Sherman factor...can Sherman go and Brett stay???

dragons08
12-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Guess you didnt see those int's Farvre had...He should retire now before he loses all his superstar luster. Perhaps he wants to wait around like Jerry Rice and not have a choice and just get benched.
i saw the INT's 4 to be exact..it was him trying to make plays but not having the supporting cast

dragons08
12-26-2005, 09:31 PM
brett favre needs to stick it out at least one more year. as mentioned before, injuries have plagued the packers. if he goes another year, he'll get his offensive weapons back.
ahman green will be back..hes defintaly a MAJOR asset to that green bay team

TexasRed6x
12-26-2005, 10:21 PM
I hope Green can come back. I think if he does, he may have a breakout season to prove that he is healthy enough to put up good numbers. I don't know what his status is though. I personally want him to come back seeing that i'm a Packer fan. The media as well as ESPN sportcenter is doubting that he will return to Green Bay. I want him to come back though. Plus it might be one of the factors in Brett's decision to play another season. We'll see.

dragons08
12-26-2005, 10:24 PM
heres my stance on it..

im a bears fan and as you know this is a HUGE rivarly..and with favre at the helm you guys seem to have our number..except for this year!:D

but i respect him so much, that i want him to stay in the nfl, i want him to reprove he is the best to the non belivers

mad_fan
12-26-2005, 11:06 PM

30 of 51...317 yards!

KatyTigerDad0407
12-26-2005, 11:08 PM
You don't have to agree with me but here are my top 10:

1. Bradshaw
2. Moreno
3. Unitas
4. Tarkenton
5. Farve
6. Elway
7. Montana
8. Manning---You know which one
9. Namath
10. Starr

Really, the order doesnt matter to me. Farve is amoung them and I don't see him going out in a season like this one.

mad_fan
12-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Yeah it is his decision, but would you want to be in that GB backfield if you were him? Haven't they had like 4 RB go down with torn ACL's. I would stay as far away from Lambo as I could it I were a QB/RB.

I.R.

30 Ahman Green RB 6-0 218 28 8
42 Chaz Williams RB 5-9 210 23 R
44 Najeh Davenport RB 6-1 247 26 4

84 Javon Walker WR 6-3 215 27 4
85 Terrence Murphy WR 6-1 196 23 R

Not Active

Samkon Gado RB Knee Out Did Not Practice
Robert Ferguson WR Knee Questionable Did Not Practice

So other than the linemen that are also out, how does this happen?

And where's Rashard Lee? It's like playing where's Waldo?

mad_fan
12-26-2005, 11:48 PM
And where's Rashard Lee? It's like playing where's Waldo?

Nevermind, I found him. Waived from I.R. list with settlement...I guess he's free to fumble for someone else...

Redneckn
12-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Not time to retire. He just needs to get away from GB. They have not been a very good team the last few years. And I really feel like a lot of people are laying it at his feet.

He needs to leave GB and go someplace where the team wants it more. And a place where they have a coach that is worth a crap.

If he does choose to retire, he should take a few years off and then start coaching HS ball here in Texas.

BAMF cowboy
12-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Not time to retire. He just needs to get away from GB. They have not been a very good team the last few years. And I really feel like a lot of people are laying it at his feet.

He needs to leave GB and go someplace where the team wants it more. And a place where they have a coach that is worth a crap.

If he does choose to retire, he should take a few years off and then start coaching HS ball here in Texas.

well according to T.O. if he was quaterbacking the eagles...they'd probably be a playoff team now

Primetime536
12-29-2005, 02:19 AM
Just curious what you guys (and gals) think...:D
Should brett go, that a quetion noone should answer or talk about cept him. I dont care if its past his time, if hes playing, he will start. NO MATTER WHAT

mad_fan
12-29-2005, 05:54 AM
Should brett go, that a quetion noone should answer or talk about cept him. I dont care if its past his time, if hes playing, he will start. NO MATTER WHAT

You ARE allowed to NOT have an opinion.:D

Reaganrattler07
12-29-2005, 04:17 PM
I doubt Brett will play for someone other than the Packers....it'd be like Damon playing for the Yankees...oh, wait...nevermind.

FootballJunkie
12-29-2005, 08:08 PM
i saw the INT's 4 to be exact..it was him trying to make plays but not having the supporting cast

What does a supporting cast have to do with him throwing int's??? Wasnt dropped passes of fumbles but INT's that he threw trying to force it. He is not the same player that used to be able to do that. He should go now before it gets worse for him.

yankee
12-29-2005, 08:11 PM
What does a supporting cast have to do with him throwing int's??? Wasnt dropped passes of fumbles but INT's that he threw trying to force it. He is not the same player that used to be able to do that. He should go now before it gets worse for him.
wake up! hes missing some of his best offensive weapons and hes trying to make plays with what hes got.

dragons08
12-29-2005, 11:33 PM
wake up! hes missing some of his best offensive weapons and hes trying to make plays with what hes got.
exactly..its soo evident brett is giving his best with what he has..the INTs are from him just trying to make plays on his own

BAMF cowboy
12-29-2005, 11:35 PM
exactly..its soo evident brett is giving his best with what he has..the INTs are from him just trying to make plays on his own

very true.

they were talking about that on espn radio the other night.
he's lost all his weapons around him.
it's just a result of him trying to do things himself.

it's just a down year for the packers overall this year...they'll be better next year. i hope brett sticks around

FootballJunkie
12-30-2005, 03:12 AM

Dude you wake up!! It is obvious to anyone he is not the QB he once was. For his own benefit he should get out before he makes himself look any worse. How long is too long??? Another concusion?? Before long everyone will start to say its not the supporting cast and the blame him. Why would he want to subject himself to that??? Another superbowl is not going to happen!!

yankee
12-30-2005, 02:23 PM
Dude you wake up!! It is obvious to anyone he is not the QB he once was. For his own benefit he should get out before he makes himself look any worse. How long is too long??? Another concusion?? Before long everyone will start to say its not the supporting cast and the blame him. Why would he want to subject himself to that??? Another superbowl is not going to happen!!
of course hes not the qb he once was. and hes not going to win another super bowl. but hes trying not to be 3-13 this year. but you cant blame favre for the misery in green bay this year. a bad coach, devastating injuries to some key players, personal issues for brett. he had to try to make plays with what he had, which wasnt much. he lost a pro bowl running back that takes the pressure off a qb. he lost a pro bowl receiver in javon walker, who was an excellent receiver. when these guys come back next year, it will show you that hes still a good qb.

TexasRed6x
12-30-2005, 02:56 PM
of course hes not the qb he once was. and hes not going to win another super bowl. but hes trying not to be 3-13 this year. but you cant blame favre for the misery in green bay this year. a bad coach, devastating injuries to some key players, personal issues for brett. he had to try to make plays with what he had, which wasnt much. he lost a pro bowl running back that takes the pressure off a qb. he lost a pro bowl receiver in javon walker, who was an excellent receiver. when these guys come back next year, it will show you that hes still a good qb.

You really can't blame him for all the troubles that are going on in Green Bay right now. I agree with yankeeman1709 that key injuries to key players, bad coaching and personal issues are trying to get Brett to retire. I don't think it's going to happen. I think Green will be back, but I don't know about Walker and he just fired Rosenhaus so we'll see what he does in the offseason. Brett sounds to me that during his little press conferense thart he wants to come back, he just has to solve some family decisons before he can decide on what he wants to do. This guy is a great QB still IMO and I would be sad to see him go, but everybody has to walk away sometime.