PDA

View Full Version : Airports

AZTiger
12-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Man....I know I like to talk a lot, but this guy in the bar here at PHX is talking this dude's ear off next to me, I don't think he's shut up in the last 30 minutes. The guy next to me is so screwed because he's duped into listening. I'm just sittin here smiling and thanking GOD this other dude is here, because I'm usually a conversation starter.

Any other good airport stories? Oh yeah, terminals are also untapped resource for meeting people.

Is this a 5atexasfootball.com first? Posting from the airport? (yeah, I'm bored, I got here early expecting a bigger crowd, I was wrong.)

dragons08
12-23-2005, 06:02 PM
that was rather interesting

farmerfan
12-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Man....I know I like to talk a lot, but this guy in the bar here at PHX is talking this dude's ear off next to me, I don't think he's shut up in the last 30 minutes. The guy next to me is so screwed because he's duped into listening. I'm just sittin here smiling and thanking GOD this other dude is here, because I'm usually a conversation starter.

Any other good airport stories? Oh yeah, terminals are also untapped resource for meeting people.

Is this a 5atexasfootball.com first? Posting from the airport? (yeah, I'm bored, I got here early expecting a bigger crowd, I was wrong.)

The only good one I have is when my mom remarried a few years ago, her husband and her decided it would be nice for all of us to take a vacation. So Mom and her husband take a direct flight up to Boston, they put me and her new husbands daughter who is 2 years older than me on a flight from Dallas to Atlanta where we would connect to a flight up to Boston. Well our flight from Dallas was late leaving and we arrived in Atlanta way to late to catch our connecter. By the time we got from Terminal B to Terminal A our plane was already in the air. So my new step sister decides to throw a fit and starts yelling at the people at the gate, im saying to myself this girl needs some help, so she calms down and goes to the bar to grab a drink in the middle of the terminal. I walk up to the lady at the gate and tell her how it was a forced trip[ and apologized to her. Well she smiles and explains how she has us booked on a flight leaving in 30 mins, all we have to do is take the tran back to Terminal B. So I grab my bags and catch the tran all without tellking my step sister who is still at the bar. Well she never made it to this flight and when I arrived in Boston, my mom and her new husband were like where the hell is Robin. I smiled and told them I left her, my mom started shaking her head and then her dad started raising his voice at me as I told him in the airport to shut up and never talk to me that way again. I had explained to them that it was bad idea to take this trip before we left and now it is proving to be true. Robin finally arrived in Boston, roughly 6 hours after I did. :D
Probably not the best thing to do, but non the less it had to be done.

dragons08
12-23-2005, 08:02 PM
hahahahaha, i should try that one day..

jtk1519
12-23-2005, 09:26 PM
I was in Las Vegas earlier this year and I spent a good half hour riding the moving sidewalks with this guy who was so drunk he could barely stand. He was going back and forth saying he was Jesus and that we were all going to hell. I wasn’t exactly sober myself and I came up to him and said I was Satan. He got this bug-eyed look and started flapping his gums about how Las Vegas was Babylon or something. Best time I've ever had in an airport. :cool:

wide-e-wide
12-23-2005, 09:43 PM
I have tons...

Coming from Chicago O'hare to Memphis...and then on to Meridian,Ms...My buddy Coleman from boot camp and I got absolutely hammered at one of the bars....missed our flight...had to stay the night in Chicago...
When we fly out the next day...the connection through Memphis is no longer available...so we have to fly from Chicago...to St. Louis...St. Louis to Dallas...Dallas to Memphis...and then on to Meridian,Ms. on one of those little Buddy Holly planes...scared as hell.

We arrive in Meridian only to discover...the rinky-dink airline had ripped a hole in my seabag...and oil and grease are all over all of my white uniforms....Long story short...I had to wear thick *** dress blues in Mississippi...in the middle of the summer...for about a week until I got new whites. Oh...it was horrible. And I had just bought a new bottle of cologne before we left the airport...it broke all to hell and got all over everything...I have one of my old mesh laundry bags,a Bible, and a Bluejacket's manual that were in there............they still smell like that cologne and that was over 7 years ago...hahaha

Slotback
12-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Airports. Ugh. When I fly, I can hardly wait for the adventure that is dealing with the brillance that is TSA.

AZTiger
12-24-2005, 01:10 AM
ha ha, man do I have a good one that happened to me tonight.

So I head back to the "facilities" in the back of the packed plane. Right as I get in and prepare to take care of business, we hit severe turbulence, like...the worst I've ever experienced. Needless to say I'm rather proud of my aim :)

Best part though, I open the door with a sly smirk on my face the the lady sitting directly across from the door looks up, smiles, and I just shake my head and say "boy that was some bad timing wasnt it? glad my balance is good" and the back 3 rows of the plane bust into laughter. I shoulda been embarassed, but instead had fun with it.

dragons08
12-24-2005, 01:12 AM
ha ha, man do I have a good one that happened to me tonight.

So I head back to the "facilities" in the back of the packed plane. Right as I get in and prepare to take care of business, we hit severe turbulence, like...the worst I've ever experienced. Needless to say I'm rather proud of my aim :)

Best part though, I open the door with a sly smirk on my face the the lady sitting directly across from the door looks up, smiles, and I just shake my head and say "boy that was some bad timing wasnt it? glad my balance is good" and the back 3 rows of the plane bust into laughter. I shoulda been embarassed, but instead had fun with it.
that is TMI but yet im glad you shared it, i needed a good laugh

lonny23
12-24-2005, 10:20 AM

No, it's not a first. I did it when I was in the terminal at Norfolk Naval Air Station, Rhein-Main Airport, and Incirlik Air Base Passenger Terminal before I came over to Kyrgyzstan. I also did it on my last 2 deployments in 2003 and 2004.

You do meet interesting people at the airport.

lonny23
12-24-2005, 10:30 AM
I woke up real late in January 1995 and I was supposed to drive from Dover, DE to Hammonton, NJ so my friend's dad could drive me to the Philly airport to fly to Montgomery, AL for a class for my job. To make up time, I was speeding and got a ticket on I-95 right after I crossed the Delaware Memorial Bridge into NJ. I got to the house and his dad rushed me to the airport in his truck. I don't know how fast he was driving, but we had to to about 45 miles to get to the airport after I drove 100 to get to his house. I got to the Terminal threw my bags on with Delta, ran through like O.J. and made it onto the flight 9 minutes before the plane was scheduled to depart. One week later, my parents came down to visit me and we watched the Cowboys hopes for a 3-peat go down in flames in muddy Candlestick Park.

lonny23
12-24-2005, 10:31 AM
My adventures are in driving. I have all kinds of stunts I've pulled driving.