PDA

View Full Version : B.E.T.-wtf?

Pages : [1] 2

Xfballphenome05
12-21-2005, 11:49 PM
i came across a t.v. channel i had never seen before today called B.E.T. im assuming it stands for black entertainment television.I dont think i like it at all, i think that if there was such a thing as W.E.T.(hypothetical name) that it would be considered extremly racist.I dont like this channel at all.

-IM NOT RACIST,I JUST THINK THAT THIS IS STUPID-

Any thoughts on the subject?

dragons08
12-21-2005, 11:52 PM
horrible channel..all rap..

bleh

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 12:47 AM
It is total crap that America has such a double standard.

Rerun
12-22-2005, 01:11 AM
The logic behind having a black channel only is interesting.

Talked about this back in high school with a few black people and their response was, "The rest of TV is white tv."

So, by their logic, only blacks should be on BET, but, that is not the case.

Do I care if their is a channel dedicated to blacks only? Naw.

Would I want a channel that is for whites only? Naw.

What I do want is for everyone and everybody to stop freaking seeing colors and races and I want them to see people.

Will that ever happen completely? Who knows...

Black, white, hispanic, asian, pink, green, yella....It doesn't matter.

All are my brothers and sisters.

I love you all.

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 01:35 AM
The logic behind having a black channel only is interesting.

Talked about this back in high school with a few black people and their response was, "The rest of TV is white tv."

So, by their logic, only blacks should be on BET, but, that is not the case.

Do I care if their is a channel dedicated to blacks only? Naw.

Would I want a channel that is for whites only? Naw.

What I do want is for everyone and everybody to stop freaking seeing colors and races and I want them to see people.

Will that ever happen completely? Who knows...

Black, white, hispanic, asian, pink, green, yella....It doesn't matter.

All are my brothers and sisters.

I love you all.

That's my boy TH.. always droppin knowledge. Well said.

mad_fan
12-22-2005, 07:08 AM
Some of the live comedy shows are funny...and there are even white people in the audience at the Apollo...:eek:

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 09:14 AM
i came across a t.v. channel i had never seen before today called B.E.T. im assuming it stands for black entertainment television.I dont think i like it at all, i think that if there was such a thing as W.E.T.(hypothetical name) that it would be considered extremly racist.I dont like this channel at all.

It was developed back in the 70's because the major networks (WET) did not always show Black people in a positive light or given opportunities (actors, writers, directors and news) at first it was something good, but then it starting showing almost nothing but rap which really sucked and now Viacom owns it. It was gotten "some" what better. Remember you have Univision, Telemundo, Galavision, Asian and Islam TV. So go ahead and say something about those stations also.

RPM
12-22-2005, 09:17 AM
there have been white entertainers as well in some of the shows..

wide-e-wide
12-22-2005, 11:01 AM

Dude what planet have you been on?
You just now discovered B.E.T.????

I used to watch videos on BET 25 years ago....and it has never been a strictly rap formatted station. In fact some of the earlier shows back in the '80's rarely showed rap videos (Video LP,Video Vibrations, and Video Soul) primarily played R&B....

It was created as a format for black people to showcase their talents...the way they wanted them presented. Not as a network that excludes whites...or any other race for that matter.

There is a channel for every walk of life out there now days...Don't try and lump BET in with all the new networks...It's been around for ages.

And there is a white entertainment channel...it's called any station that shows hockey or nascar.

Redneckn
12-22-2005, 03:50 PM
bet is a so much hypocrosy... I have it blacked out on my TV along with MTV. It is a lot like everything else, you can do/say whatever you want to do/say as long as you arent White when you do/say it. Sad but true. White folks are villianized anymore. Indirectly, but villianized just the same.

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 05:40 PM
bet is a so much hypocrosy... I have it blacked out on my TV along with MTV. It is a lot like everything else, you can do/say whatever you want to do/say as long as you arent White when you do/say it. Sad but true. White folks are villianized anymore. Indirectly, but villianized just the same.
What was said on BET that offended you, was the old protests movies from the 1960s? How do you feel about Univision, Telemundo, Galavision, Asian and Islam TV?

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 05:49 PM
What was said on BET that offended you, was the old protests movies from the 1960s? How do you feel about Univision, Telemundo, Galavision, Asian and Islam TV?

I don't know what Univision is but Telumndo and them other stations are a whole different ball game. Those stations aren't in English which pretty much rules white people out.

Also, do you guys remember FUBU (For Us By US) clothing; similar to BET except a clothing brand.

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 05:56 PM
I don't know what Univision is but Telumndo and them other stations are a whole different ball game. Those stations aren't in English which pretty much rules white people out.

Also, do you guys remember FUBU (For Us By US) clothing; similar to BET except a clothing brand.
Abercrombie & Fitch has been targeted for going a step further (hiring practices), BET has white actors/performers also. We are talking about BET not FUBU (which I do not wear) so stay on target. So it is not similar those stations broadcast in the US not in their native countries and I last remembered there are White people who speak those languages also, why do you not question their hiring practices?

Rerun
12-22-2005, 06:02 PM
FUBU

For Us By Us

Use to be said it stood for something else........

Not the time nor the place for it though............................

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 06:09 PM
FUBU

For Us By Us

Use to be said it stood for something else........

Not the time nor the place for it though............................
That what SM said unlike like Abercrombie & Fitch marketing and hiring practices which I believe they were fined for it. FUBU could mean that they are marketing clothes that they perceive are in style for the hip-hop community, I do not see them marketing to the 30-40 plus age group. Besides this is a BET thread.

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Abercrombie & Fitch has been targeted for going a step further (hiring practices), BET has white actors/performers also. We are talking about BET not FUBU (which I do not wear) so stay on target. So it is not similar those stations broadcast in the US not in their native countries and I last remembered there are White people who speak those languages also, why do you not question their hiring practices?

Very few white people who speak those languages fluently enough to act and be on those shows.

I don't believe FUBU or Abercrombie should have to hire other race models. Both are trying to market and are doing what they feel is best. However, I don't think Abercrombie should be able to go out and say "This clothes is only for whites" the way FUBU pretty much did.

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 06:20 PM
That what SM said unlike like Abercrombie & Fitch marketing and hiring practices which I believe they were fined for it. FUBU could mean that they are marketing clothes that they perceive are in style for the hip-hop community, I do not see them marketing to the 30-40 plus age group. Besides this is a BET thread.

Clearly it is a BET thread but the situations go hand-in-hand... try and keep up.

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Very few white people who speak those languages fluently enough to act and be on those shows.

I don't believe FUBU or Abercrombie should have to hire other race models. Both are trying to market and are doing what they feel is best. However, I don't think Abercrombie should be able to go out and say "This clothes is only for whites" the way FUBU pretty much did.
A report showed Abercrombie has fired non-whites or moved them into the stock room because "higher ups" did not want their products market to that demographic. They have done test cases where they have openly not helped non-whites in their stores. FUBU never said for Blacks by Blacks. They are targeting the hip-hop community not the 30-40 +. You act like they have 80 percent of the market. They might have 1-2 percent, I know some people who can speak those languages and if your back was turned you could not tell. I used to speak and write very well in Spanish. So like I said why don’t you question U.S. television stations such as Univision, Telemundo, Galavision, Asian and Islamic TV for not having whites regularly on their stations unlike BET.

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Clearly it is a BET thread but the situations go hand-in-hand... try and keep up.
No, if your reasoning is challenged and can’t clearly defend it you throw something else out there. Stay on target try not to pull something else that is non-related into the picture. You do not see me throwing up CMT into the conversation and that could be somewhat related. Besides BET is a WHITE owned company, thats right VIACOM owns BET. So be upset at the head of Viacom.

Rerun
12-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Regardless, BET still sucks as does FUBU and Sean John and Rockawear.

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Why do you feel they suck? I can see why you feel that way about some of the BET programming. I never wore FUBU, Sean John or Rockawear have you? Is it the style or they way the clothes fit on you? Do you feel the same way about Univision, Telemundo, Galavision, Asian, Islamic TV and Abercrombie?

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 06:57 PM
A report showed Abercrombie has fired non-whites or moved them into the stock room because "higher ups" did not want their products market to that demographic. They have done test cases where they have openly not helped non-whites in their stores. FUBU never said for Blacks by Blacks. They are targeting the hip-hop community not the 30-40 +. You act like they have 80 percent of the market. They might have 1-2 percent, I know some people who can speak those languages and if your back was turned you could not tell. I used to speak and write very well in Spanish. So like I said why donít you question U.S. television stations such as Univision, Telemundo, Galavision, Asian and Islamic TV for not having whites regularly on their stations unlike BET.

White guys and girls are Abercrombie's image. That is what they sell on. They don't go out and say "this is for white people". Black people are welcome shop there.

As for them not helping non-whites in the store, did you know that in classrooms, teachers are more likely to encourage participation from boys than girls? There was a study and subconsciously teachers pay less attention to girls in the classroom because of the adopted belief in America that men are going to be the business men women and women are going to be housewives. Same thing.

That last question is stupid. Probably far less than 1% of non Hispanic Americans speak Spanish fluently. Of those less than 1%.... how many do you think of those do you think could act well enough to do so professionally? Also, of those who can act well enough and speak Spanish.. how many of them are going to choose to act on those stations that pay... far far less. Like I said... not the same thing as BET. Get the point?

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 06:59 PM
No, if your reasoning is challenged and canít clearly defend it you throw something else out there. Stay on target try not to pull something else that is non-related into the picture. You do not see me throwing up CMT into the conversation and that could be somewhat related. Besides BET is a WHITE owned company, thats right VIACOM owns BET. So be upset at the head of Viacom.

Are you a moron? These things go hand and hand... like it. CMT is not WET.

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 07:00 PM

Hell yes they suck.

Rerun
12-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Why do you feel they suck? I can see why you feel that way about some of the BET programming. I never wore FUBU, Sean John or Rockawear have you? Is it the style or they way the clothes fit on you? Do you feel the same way about Univision, Telemundo, Galavision, Asian, Islamic TV and Abercrombie?

I feel the station sucks because it can not even afford to have their regular programming on Sunday's.

Ever see BET on Sunday? It is paid programming.

Why? Because the station does not generate enough revenue to run 7 days a week.

I feel FUBU, Sean John and Rockawear clothing sucks because I hate their design and style. I do not want a shirt that is size XL yet fits like a 3XL shirt.

I also do not want jeans that say FUBU on the side and I also do not want a tshirt with Jay Z throwin up the /\ dynasty sign.

I see plenty of blacks wearing A&F.

And yes, I feel that UNIVISION, Telemundo, etc suck. Why? Because I do not speak those languages. Do I feel they should be removed from tv? No. There are people that watch them.

I don't think BET should be removed from tv either.

I think it is perfectly fine to have a station to cater to black programming and then a station to cater to white programming and other to each diff. race. That is fine with me.

The title of the station is what I think should be changed.

Some say well, CMT is white tv. No, it is not. CMT is Country Music Television.

There is a black country singer. Cowboy Troy. Look him up, he is on CMT.

Now, if BET wants to change to RET, fine. Rap Entertainment Television is fine with me.

Because rap describes the type of music, not segregating a certain race out.

CMT describes the music, not race.

BET is by title, for blacks.

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Write that down.

dragonfootballfan
12-22-2005, 07:13 PM

I don't want to get into this argument, but I must mention the fact that you said Cowboy Troy was a singer. That is like saying Dennis Franchione is a football coach.

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 07:15 PM
I don't want to get into this argument, but I must mention the fact that you said Cowboy Troy was a singer. That is like saying Dennis Franchione is a football coach.

LMAO.. I totally agree.

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 07:17 PM
TH.. you are known for droppin' knowledge. You should have gotten some kind of award.

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 08:01 PM
White guys and girls are Abercrombie's image. That is what they sell on. They don't go out and say "this is for white people". Black people are welcome shop there.

As for them not helping non-whites in the store, did you know that in classrooms, teachers are more likely to encourage participation from boys than girls? There was a study and subconsciously teachers pay less attention to girls in the classroom because of the adopted belief in America that men are going to be the business men women and women are going to be housewives. Same thing.

That last question is stupid. Probably far less than 1% of non Hispanic Americans speak Spanish fluently. Of those less than 1%.... how many do you think of those do you think could act well enough to do so professionally? Also, of those who can act well enough and speak Spanish.. how many of them are going to choose to act on those stations that pay... far far less. Like I said... not the same thing as BET. Get the point?
Again Abercrombie has been punished for BREAKING THE LAW, firing someone for the race is against to law. Refusing to service people because of their ethnic group is against the law, it is not the same thing. So you are saying it is okay for Univision, Telemundo, Galavision, Asian, Islamic TV not to give Whites a shot on their US stations? There are plenty of people who can speak other languages and cater to that market. How do you think US based companies sell their productions on their stations. Get you head out of the sand.

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Are you a moron? These things go hand and hand... like it. CMT is not WET.
How many non-whites are on that station?

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Hell yes they suck.
Why do they suck, for you, bad experience?

Redneckn
12-22-2005, 08:19 PM

I can honestly say that I have never and will never watch 1 second of that station or any like it. I have several reasons for not liking it, most of which would get me banned I'm sure. But the fact remains that it is a double standard and that is why I am anti-bet. Honestly, I don't really have much of a problem with bet. It just will not get watched in any home of mine and I won't stay in a home if the people that occupy that home are watching it. I get accused of a lot of things that have to do with this kind of subject. I don't have a problem with anybody doing their own thing, I just don't want it forced down my throat.
White folks don't belong on bet or in fubu. They need to quit trying to make Whites feel like they belong. It is not our culture.

The truth of the matter is the White male is under attack. If you think I'm full of crap or whatever, that's fine. But turn on the ole tube and have a look see at (just about) any tv show. Then find some video of some shows from about 20+ years back. Nowadays, the straight white male is made to look like a bumbling idiot that cannot dress himself. And when they don't make him out to be a fool, they either have him gay or hyper-sensative.

I'm not saying that we all don't have a place in society, because we do. I just don't think it's fair to kick one down in order bring one up. A fine real life example of this: It is not ok for me to have long hair in dredlox at work because I'm white. If I'm black, it's fine.
It's not ok for me to wear a DavidDuke t-shirt to work, but blacks can wear maclom-x, 2pac, and MLK shirts to work.
It's double standards and it's b.s.

As for BET specifically, in your house in your house it may be fine. In mine, it is not. I don't allow rap music or video games either.. Both are damaging young minds and destorying this country from the inside and I refuse to participate with either.

*I hate the air these kind of things out around here, but the question was tossed out there and this is the off-topic board.*

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 08:19 PM
I feel the station sucks because it can not even afford to have their regular programming on Sunday's.

Ever see BET on Sunday? It is paid programming.

Why? Because the station does not generate enough revenue to run 7 days a week.

I feel FUBU, Sean John and Rockawear clothing sucks because I hate their design and style. I do not want a shirt that is size XL yet fits like a 3XL shirt.

I also do not want jeans that say FUBU on the side and I also do not want a tshirt with Jay Z throwin up the /\ dynasty sign.

I see plenty of blacks wearing A&F.

And yes, I feel that UNIVISION, Telemundo, etc suck. Why? Because I do not speak those languages. Do I feel they should be removed from tv? No. There are people that watch them.

I don't think BET should be removed from tv either.

I think it is perfectly fine to have a station to cater to black programming and then a station to cater to white programming and other to each diff. race. That is fine with me.

The title of the station is what I think should be changed.

Some say well, CMT is white tv. No, it is not. CMT is Country Music Television.

Now, if BET wants to change to RET, fine. Rap Entertainment Television is fine with me.

Because rap describes the type of music, not segregating a certain race out.

CMT describes the music, not race.

BET is by title, for blacks.

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Write that down.
I know plenty of blacks who do not wear FUBU, Sean Jon or Rockawear, A%F has been fined for hiring practices even the Christian right has jumped on their case. I feel the same about BETís Sunday programming, I do not watch their music programming either, I had enough of ďbootyĒ shaking. I am tried of the movies where the Black guy gets out of jail and tries to live the straight and narrow, that plot it is played out. I hardly watch MTV anymore, culture shock. The head of Viacom said if the person that runs BET wants to make it another HBO they can, I guess it is cheaper for them to have that type of programming. Most of your mainstream TV programming cators to majority. One minority singer I guess that is a start, there have been many people other than Blacks on BET. How do you feel about TV-One? I like to watch the Dukes of Hazard reruns on CMT.

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 08:20 PM
TH.. you are known for droppin' knowledge. You should have gotten some kind of award.
What knowledge are you refering to?

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Again Abercrombie has been punished for BREAKING THE LAW, firing someone for the race is against to law. Refusing to service people because of their ethnic group is against the law, it is not the same thing. So you are saying it is okay for Univision, Telemundo, Galavision, Asian, Islamic TV not to give Whites a shot on their US stations? There are plenty of people who can speak other languages and cater to that market. How do you think US based companies sell their productions on their stations. Get you head out of the sand.

Don't make an *** out of yourself. Show me where AF has REFUSED to service someone because of their ethnicity and they will never get my money again. Until you do so, you are a fraud.

As far as the Univision nonsense, I owned you give it up.

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 08:31 PM
I can honestly say that I have never and will never watch 1 second of that station or any like it. I have several reasons for not liking it, most of which would get me banned I'm sure. But the fact remains that it is a double standard and that is why I am anti-bet. Honestly, I don't really have much of a problem with bet. It just will not get watched in any home of mine and I won't stay in a home if the people that occupy that home are watching it. I get accused of a lot of things that have to do with this kind of subject. I don't have a problem with anybody doing their own thing, I just don't want it forced down my throat.
White folks don't belong on bet or in fubu. They need to quit trying to make Whites feel like they belong. It is not our culture.

The truth of the matter is the White male is under attack. If you think I'm full of crap or whatever, that's fine. But turn on the ole tube and have a look see at (just about) any tv show. Then find some video of some shows from about 20+ years back. Nowadays, the straight white male is made to look like a bumbling idiot that cannot dress himself. And when they don't make him out to be a fool, they either have him gay or hyper-sensative.

I'm not saying that we all don't have a place in society, because we do. I just don't think it's fair to kick one down in order bring one up. A fine real life example of this: It is not ok for me to have long hair in dredlox at work because I'm white. If I'm black, it's fine.
It's not ok for me to wear a DavidDuke t-shirt to work, but blacks can wear maclom-x, 2pac, and MLK shirts to work.
It's double standards and it's b.s.

As for BET specifically, in your house in your house it may be fine. In mine, it is not. I don't allow rap music or video games either.. Both are damaging young minds and destorying this country from the inside and I refuse to participate with either.

*I hate the air these kind of things out around here, but the question was tossed out there and this is the off-topic board.*
David Duke never repented for what he stands for I do not have a problem if you wear a shirt of a person you might support. Malcolm repented that why he was probably killed, MLK never preached violence, and I wonít go into PAC. (should not even be a part of the topic) Like someone said Malcolm and MLK were assassinated Biggie and Tupac were shot. I see plenty of white men on TV who are professional and respected, the Sunday morning talk shows for example. I work White guys with Dreads and long hair, I have a fade. But I see your point with that show my name is earl on NBC. NCAA 2006, Madden 06 and Nascar 2006 is bad for your mind come on.

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 08:36 PM
What knowledge are you refering to?

Dude owned you. Like it.

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Don't make an *** out of yourself. Show me where AF has REFUSED to service someone because of their ethnicity and they will never get my money again. Until you do so, you are a fraud.

As far as the Univision nonsense, I owned you give it up.

I guess in your on words you are the *** and a fraud.

http://www.eeoc.gov/litigation/class/a-f.html

http://www.latina.com/articles/124.do

http://www.abercrombieclaims.com/

http://www.popmag.com/displayanddesignideas/headlines/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000723130

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Dude owned you. Like it.
How do you own me, prove your 1 percent and stay on target, Man focus.

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 08:46 PM
I guess in your on words you are the *** and a fraud.

http://www.eeoc.gov/litigation/class/a-f.html

http://www.latina.com/articles/124.do

http://www.abercrombieclaims.com/

http://www.popmag.com/displayanddesignideas/headlines/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000723130

***, I told you to show me where they REFUSED to service someone based on ethnicity. I didn't tell you to show me where they refused to hire someone based on looks. Hell, if I owned a company and my number one target was attractive young white people I wouldn't hire people (Fat, ugly, black, purple, green) who didn't endorse that image either. I can gurantee you they "discriminated" on ugly fat white people the same.

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 08:50 PM
How do you own me, prove your 1 percent and stay on target, Man focus.
1% was a realistic estimation. I am sure it is less than that. Even if it is 2%... my point still stands. Try and keep up.

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 08:59 PM
***, I told you to show me where they REFUSED to service someone based on ethnicity. I didn't tell you to show me where they refused to hire someone based on looks. Hell, if I owned a company and my number one target was attractive young white people I wouldn't hire people (Fat, ugly, black, purple, green) who didn't endorse that image either. I can gurantee you they "discriminated" on ugly fat white people the same.
Okay ***, I will to find that article for you, it was a NBC dateline special from 3 years ago. What you just said about who you would not hire is illegal as the following links show.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2004-11-16-anf-bias_x.htm

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/business/20041115-1927-abercrombielawsuit.html

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 09:00 PM
1% was a realistic estimation. I am sure it is less than that. Even if it is 2%... my point still stands. Try and keep up.
So you pulled that figure out of your butt (fraud)? Come on stay on target.

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Okay ***, I will to find that article for you, it was a NBC dateline special from 3 years ago. What you just said about who you would not hire is illegal as the following links show.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2004-11-16-anf-bias_x.htm

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/business/20041115-1927-abercrombielawsuit.html

***, I am waiting... where is the article that shows me where they REFUSED to service someone based on ethnicity? Fraud.

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 09:21 PM
So you pulled that figure out of your butt (fraud)? Come on stay on target.
Okay.. give me your estimation... one that you think is more appropriate and we will go from there.:rolleyes:

garlandowl08
12-22-2005, 09:24 PM
[Record player needle scratch]

"Caaaan you feeel the looooove toniiiiight?"

Redneckn
12-22-2005, 09:36 PM
LoneRocket. I dont think that every single game on the market is bad. I just think that kids spend entirely too much time playing on those games. Kids would be better off doing something where they are learning and/or gaining something of value.

When I was a kid, we didnt have all those fancy pants games. (we had the Atari 2600). I spent most of time outside in the woods and such. I think I gained quite a bit. I can certainly spend more time out in the heat doing things that matter than most kids 15-20 years old. I guess my point is that when kids sit around playing a bunch of games inside, they become useless in too many ways.
But I do want you to understand that a lot of that goes back to the parents. I would allow my kids to play the games at my house if they didnt do just that at their house with my X. The only reason I forbid it is because they get enough of it at their house. If my kids lived with me all the time, they would have video game time. But that time wouldnt be all the time. Like it is with my X.

anyway. I got off subject pretty bad. Sorry.

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 10:15 PM
***, I am waiting... where is the article that shows me where they REFUSED to service someone based on ethnicity? Fraud.
I told you Fraud I will get that article for you, but stay on target. According to you it is okay to discriminate when it comes to hiring? Stop changing the subject when you know you are in the wrong.

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 10:17 PM
Okay.. give me your estimation... one that you think is more appropriate and we will go from there.:rolleyes:
I will try to contact a friend of mind who is a college professor, but question if there is a Jewish based TV station would you be offended if non-Jews were on that station?

LoneRocket
12-22-2005, 10:22 PM
LoneRocket. I dont think that every single game on the market is bad. I just think that kids spend entirely too much time playing on those games. Kids would be better off doing something where they are learning and/or gaining something of value.

When I was a kid, we didnt have all those fancy pants games. (we had the Atari 2600). I spent most of time outside in the woods and such. I think I gained quite a bit. I can certainly spend more time out in the heat doing things that matter than most kids 15-20 years old. I guess my point is that when kids sit around playing a bunch of games inside, they become useless in too many ways.
But I do want you to understand that a lot of that goes back to the parents. I would allow my kids to play the games at my house if they didnt do just that at their house with my X. The only reason I forbid it is because they get enough of it at their house. If my kids lived with me all the time, they would have video game time. But that time wouldnt be all the time. Like it is with my X.

anyway. I got off subject pretty bad. Sorry.
I remember we had Pong, Colecovision and Intellivision, The track I jog at there is a man who has his son out there running with him. I think that is the way to go to promote healthy children. I think certain games are okay, but like anything you have to play an active part in your childrens lives, do not let the TV, Computer and Video games raise your kids. My dad has no tolerance for Video games when there is work to be done. If he caught me watching music videos (MTV and BET) or listening to music that would disrespect people or not promote postive role models he would tell me once then he would kick my rear.

SeguinMatadors
12-22-2005, 10:48 PM
I told you Fraud I will get that article for you, but stay on target. According to you it is okay to discriminate when it comes to hiring? Stop changing the subject when you know you are in the wrong.

If it were necessary for success, yes. How about you? Lets say you are a manager at AF and you got paid based on the success of your store... would you hire a 5'8, great body, beautiful blonde or a 5'0 300 pound white girl with acne and nappy hair? Exact same personality. Also, if you had to hire both.... which one would you put out to greet your customers? Don't lie either.

dragons08
12-22-2005, 11:02 PM
my god stfu

KaTyTiGeRChIcK07
12-22-2005, 11:15 PM
As far as the whole Abercrombie thing, I practically own the store and have seen many different people of different ethnicities shopping AND working there. Yes apparently LoneStar you can show me a few cases that are settled due to accusations but in my opinion racism is screamed WAY too often. If there was a average white guy, pretty nice, decent looking with a good personality and that obviously shopped at the store I own, and there was a guy of a different ethnicity who had a good personality but came into an interview all shaggy and grungy of course I would hire the other guy because I would believe he would promote sales better, it would have nothing to do with race and I bet you that person would (not always) yell racism. As for Sean John and other stores, please tell me how many people who are white honestly shop there? Not only do those stores promote the "thug-style" they also in their own way discriminate against African-Americans because they promote that MOST African-Americans dress that way when that is not the case. There are also people who tell African-Americans that they are "acting white" or "acting black" but could you please define for me the meaning of acting white or black? In my opinion the stores DO NOT try to encourage people of different races to shop there, they are merely appealing to people with different styles. :)

dragons08
12-22-2005, 11:19 PM
ambercrombie...bleh hate that store..over priced clothes that i hate...

american eagle now thats a cool kids store :cool:
or nike and adidas are some cool clothes..
and the Dragon Shop clothes, the clothes of champions :D

LoneRocket
12-23-2005, 09:45 AM
If it were necessary for success, yes. How about you? Lets say you are a manager at AF and you got paid based on the success of your store... would you hire a 5'8, great body, beautiful blonde or a 5'0 300 pound white girl with acne and nappy hair? Exact same personality. Also, if you had to hire both.... which one would you put out to greet your customers? Don't lie either.
Honest I have recommend for hiring people who you might not considered attractive. I have called others on their hiring practices (based on looks, friends and others who are not qualified) I look at their skills, a friend of mine says why hire a person who can not do the job because it is going to bite you in the end. A friend of mine who is 5.5 260 LB can sell you the shirt off “your” back he is that good. As long as I have to make those decisions I will hire on a non-bias basis. A man/woman no matter how much he/she weighs can make themselves look presentable.

LoneRocket
12-23-2005, 10:06 AM
As far as the whole Abercrombie thing, I practically own the store and have seen many different people of different ethnicities shopping AND working there. Yes apparently LoneStar you can show me a few cases that are settled due to accusations but in my opinion racism is screamed WAY too often. If there was a average white guy, pretty nice, decent looking with a good personality and that obviously shopped at the store I own, and there was a guy of a different ethnicity who had a good personality but came into an interview all shaggy and grungy of course I would hire the other guy because I would believe he would promote sales better, it would have nothing to do with race and I bet you that person would (not always) yell racism. As for Sean John and other stores, please tell me how many people who are white honestly shop there? Not only do those stores promote the "thug-style" they also in their own way discriminate against African-Americans because they promote that MOST African-Americans dress that way when that is not the case. There are also people who tell African-Americans that they are "acting white" or "acting black" but could you please define for me the meaning of acting white or black? In my opinion the stores DO NOT try to encourage people of different races to shop there, they are merely appealing to people with different styles. :)
Hey I did not start the “BET” thread and I mentioned A&F because of the FUBU thing. There was documented evidence at A&F that the government found credible, I glad where you shop it is not practiced. I do not know how many white people shop at Sean John stores. I never been in one I think that most of those stores are up east in areas that are not White. I think Sean John sells suits also, non-thug attire as you put it. You are right I feel most Blacks do not dress that way. I also think it is also generational thing. When my mom and I where driving she made a comment about some kids walking with their pants hanging down their waist. She said to me “you would not do that”, I said “no, but if I was that age now I might consider doing it”. She said “OH NO YOU WON'T” the power of active parenting. If you only target one demographic you are a bad business person, green (money) is the major demographic. In college I dressed as a bum (sweats, cap, walkman, book bag, long hair) comfortable when I went to work I dress in a suit or slacks and a button down and with a fade. My college buddies sometimes do not recognize me. Acting white or Black, I been accused of both. Like the song says Black enough for you baby, talking loud and saying nothing or the song by Gangstar Roger. Just be yourself and respect others. Now I need to go finish Christmas shopping.

dada
12-23-2005, 10:37 AM
FUBU....BET..Sean Jean....Rocawear...etc....is not racist...being "Black" these days is more of a culture or style than a race. Just because someone dosent dress like you dosn't mean they are "Thugs" or whatever you guys call it. I might be wrong, but the last time I checked...BET was the product of a "White" owned company. I'm gonna stay out of this, I just recommend you guys do a little reading and research before you start crying wolf. Merry Christmas!!!:D

lonny23
12-23-2005, 11:09 AM
FUBU....BET..Sean Jean....Rocawear...etc....is not racist...being "Black" these days is more of a culture or style than a race. Just because someone dosent dress like you dosn't mean they are "Thugs" or whatever you guys call it. I might be wrong, but the last time I checked...BET was the product of a "White" owned company. I'm gonna stay out of this, I just recommend you guys do a little reading and research before you start crying wolf. Merry Christmas!!!:D
I agree with you on that. People like varied cultures. I've worked with people who are white, but act "black". I've worked with people who are black, but act "white". In both cases, they are the race that they are, but they identify with the culture, music, and dress of the other race.

I will say that the way a person dresses does create images in other's minds about you. You can't get around that. Certain types of dress will always be associated with thugs.

Redneckn
12-23-2005, 11:15 AM
I agree with you on that. People like varied cultures. I've worked with people who are white, but act "black". I've worked with people who are black, but act "white". In both cases, they are the race that they are, but they identify with the culture, music, and dress of the other race.

I will say that the way a person dresses does create images in other's minds about you. You can't get around that. Certain types of dress will always be associated with thugs.

Those kinds of people are race traitors. You cannot be of one race and identify with another. You may think you can, but you really cannot. It would offend me more for some moron to try and "act" white.

dada
12-23-2005, 11:15 AM

True, but you can't judge a book by it's cover. It's just out generation. If you would see me and my group of friends out downtown on a Saturday night..I'm pretty sure we give off the "Thug" image....I mean we wear the clothes etc.....listen to the music....but Monday morning...those 3 thugs are now an IT consultant, a lawyer and a finacial advisor/real estate investor. It's just natural for some people(not you Lonny) do dismiss something they don't understand or something that they don't relate to as negative or less than themselves. We all have freedom of speech and opinion, but it just seems that everyone who doesnt agree with what we grew up to beleive HAS to be wrong.

dada
12-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Those kinds of people are race traitors. You cannot be of one race and identify with another. You may think you can, but you really cannot. It would offend me more for some moron to try and "act" white.
Like I said...it's more of a culture thing now. Back in the 80's you were considered a sellout or uncle tom...etc because acting a certain way made you seem ashamed of your race. But these days it's different...the more you know, the better.

lonny23
12-23-2005, 11:25 AM
True, but you can't judge a book by it's cover. It's just out generation. If you would see me and my group of friends out downtown on a Saturday night..I'm pretty sure we give off the "Thug" image....I mean we wear the clothes etc.....listen to the music....but Monday morning...those 3 thugs are now an IT consultant, a lawyer and a finacial advisor/real estate investor. It's just natural for some people(not you Lonny) do dismiss something they don't understand or something that they don't relate to as negative or less than themselves. We all have freedom of speech and opinion, but it just seems that everyone who doesnt agree with what we grew up to beleive HAS to be wrong.That's so, what you do is by definition, right.

It's a false analogy because we all like different things. Urban wear is not wrong, cowboy attire is not wrong, and neither is dressing nice or the surfer look. Some like skateboard attire. Clothes give off an image and many people try to adopt that image in their dress. Some don't go for a certain image, but it exists. My mom would say I don't present a professional image a lot of the time because I wear shorts, jerseys, and hats.

I don't view people as race traitors like you said Redneckn. It's an individual desire to adopt a certain lifestyle. We all have freedom of speech and actions. We don't have to act like all the other white people and the black people don't all have to act alike. They are more than welcome to listen to Yanni, Cowboy Troy, and Michael Bolton if they want to!:p

lonny23
12-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Like I said...it's more of a culture thing now. Back in the 80's you were considered a sellout or uncle tom...etc because acting a certain way made you seem ashamed of your race. But these days it's different...the more you know, the better.
Speaking of Uncle Tom, do any of you guys remember when Geraldo got his nose broke back in the late 80's? It was a Jerry Springer special before Jerry. They had a skinhead, a jew, and a black guy on the set. The skinhead called the black guy an uncle tom, somebody charged the stage, and everybody in the audience started throwing chairs. I still have it on tape somewhere!:D

dada
12-23-2005, 11:33 AM
That's so, what you do is by definition, right.

It's a false analogy because we all like different things. Urban wear is not wrong, cowboy attire is not wrong, and neither is dressing nice or the surfer look. Some like skateboard attire. Clothes give off an image and many people try to adopt that image in their dress. Some don't go for a certain image, but it exists. My mom would say I don't present a professional image a lot of the time because I wear shorts, jerseys, and hats.

I don't view people as race traitors like you said Redneckn. It's an individual desire to adopt a certain lifestyle. We all have freedom of speech and actions. We don't have to act like all the other white people and the black people don't all have to act alike. They are more than welcome to listen to Yanni, Cowboy Troy, and Michael Bolton if they want to!:p
Yeah we like different things, but like you said, that dosent make the other things wrong. I mean I could care less what people though about me on the weekends or when I'm dressed comfortably. Just like you with your Jeseys and hats....when it's time for business...I know you get your business atire. Yanni and Micheal Bolton would drive anyone crazy...regardless of race. Funny because the Cd's on rotation in my car right now are:
Bone Thugs-n- Harmony's greatest hits....chopped and screwed by OG Ron C
Scott Stapp
Joss Stone
Chamillonaire sound of revenge
jamie foxx

lol...gets no more diverse than that.

dada
12-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Speaking of Uncle Tom, do any of you guys remember when Geraldo got his nose broke back in the late 80's? It was a Jerry Springer special before Jerry. They had a skinhead, a jew, and a black guy on the set. The skinhead called the black guy an uncle tom, somebody charged the stage, and everybody in the audience started throwing chairs. I still have it on tape somewhere!:D
Yeah...they showed it on one of those Vh1 shows not too long ago.

lonny23
12-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah...they showed it on one of those Vh1 shows not too long ago.
I like that old stuff on VH1.

dada
12-23-2005, 11:46 AM
I like that old stuff on VH1.
I'm hooked on it....that and the show "Inked"...if my boys knew what I watched when I got home...they would call ME a sellout...lol

dragonfootballfan
12-23-2005, 08:27 PM
just to make sure everybody saw this quote, I would like to type it again

I don't want to get into this argument, but I must mention the fact that you said Cowboy Troy was a singer. That is like saying Dennis Franchione is a football coach

f.s.07
01-09-2006, 10:55 AM
What about the BFC black family channel. I just saw that i had that channel on cable and was wondering what kind of shows are played. I know there is a family channel but i didnt know it was for white people.

dada
01-09-2006, 11:51 AM
What about the BFC black family channel. I just saw that i had that channel on cable and was wondering what kind of shows are played. I know there is a family channel but i didnt know it was for white people.
AGAIN......BET...the word BLACK is aimed more at the CULTURE.....not race.

wide-e-wide
01-09-2006, 11:55 AM
AGAIN......BET...the word BLACK is aimed more at the CULTURE.....not race.

Wrong again dada...It was named after the founder of the network. Roosevelt Farquar Black.......who is actually an Irish guy with red eyes and white hair. Go figure...

dada
01-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Wrong again dada...It was named after the founder of the network. Roosevelt Farquar Black.......who is actually an Irish guy with red eyes and white hair. Go figure...
Oh I forgot about that Dude...his Japanese uncle LeRoy Matogushi, invented Dickie pants and his great Aunt, Maribel Jackson who was American Indian invented houseshoes. Dickies and Houseshoes are frequently worn in the afternoons by LA gang members....so I guess it all makes sense now.....

wide-e-wide
01-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Oh I forgot about that Dude...his Japanese uncle LeRoy Matogushi, invented Dickie pants and his great Aunt, Maribel Jackson who was American Indian invented houseshoes. Dickies and Houseshoes are frequently worn in the afternoons by LA gang members....so I guess it all makes sense now.....

He also had a cousin that named Shaquonda O'Malley....that invented grape soda...and a different Uncle named Barthalamew Jenkins that invented dominoes and Jergens lotion. Jergens changed the name....they said "Jenkins" lotion sounded too "ethnic"...

dada
01-09-2006, 12:10 PM
He also had a cousin that named Shaquonda O'Malley....that invented grape soda...and a different Uncle named Barthalamew Jenkins that invented dominoes and Jergens lotion. Jergens changed the name....they said "Jenkins" lotion sounded too "ethnic"...
That's not why they changed it....he ran for Vice-Mayor of Dothan Alabama where ************ was very popular. People used lotion when they did that and they called it "Jackin"........Jackin also meant "Mess" as in don't mess with. His Campaign slogan was "Dont Jack with Jenkins".......everyone stopped buying his lotion...so to sperate politics from pleasure....Jenkins became Jergans.

wide-e-wide
01-09-2006, 12:22 PM
That's not why they changed it....he ran for Vice-Mayor of Dothan Alabama where ************ was very popular. People used lotion when they did that and they called it "Jackin"........Jackin also meant "Mess" as in don't mess with. His Campaign slogan was "Dont Jack with Jenkins".......everyone stopped buying his lotion...so to sperate politics from pleasure....Jenkins became Jergans.

I stand corrected...seems there are conflicting reports as to the origin of the Jergans empire. I trust that you have done the necessary research.

And Dothan,Alabama is also the birthplace of the "dozens"...On Saturday nights there wasn't much to do in the metro Dothan area...not sure who invented it though.

dada
01-09-2006, 12:32 PM
I stand corrected...seems there are conflicting reports as to the origin of the Jergans empire. I trust that you have done the necessary research.

And Dothan,Alabama is also the birthplace of the "dozens"...On Saturday nights there wasn't much to do in the metro Dothan area...not sure who invented it though.
No reasearch.......I just do a lot of reading.......Dothan was the birthplace of dozens. That call it dozens because each guy had a dozen eggs. When you talked about somebodys mama and the guy had no comeback...you broke an egg on his head....at the end of the night whoever had the least amount of eggs was the winner......over the years, for reason no one knows, dozens became known as "Ranking". Lines like "Step on the line, your mama drink whine" and "Step on the crack, break your daddy's back" evolved into things like 'Your mama so fat she uses a VCR for a beeper" and "Your mama so fat she sat on a dollar and made 4 quaters".....instead of eggs.....guns where used in the 80's-early 90's. Dozens are now a thing of the past.

RedRage00
01-09-2006, 01:13 PM
damn, im gone for a few days and all hell breaks loose LOL

dada
01-09-2006, 01:18 PM
damn, im gone for a few days and all hell breaks loose LOL
We have it under control....it's just that every now and then Wide and myself have to educate some poor lost soul.:D

wide-e-wide
01-09-2006, 01:23 PM
We have it under control....it's just that every now and then Wide and myself have to educate some poor lost soul.:D

I am currently researching why white men can't jump..?

Any information on this subject will be appreciated.

I thought I had the perfect theory last night...and then I ran smack dab into Brent Berry...and Tom Chambers...now I have to start all over.

dada
01-09-2006, 01:33 PM
I am currently researching why white men can't jump..?

Any information on this subject will be appreciated.

I thought I had the perfect theory last night...and then I ran smack dab into Brent Berry...and Tom Chambers...now I have to start all over.
uhhhhh....hmmmmm.......darker colors attract heat.....so...ughhhhhh us black men have warmer legs.....so they can stretch easy....sorta like hot rubber....that's my story and I'm sticking with it!

LoneRocket
01-09-2006, 01:44 PM
uhhhhh....hmmmmm.......darker colors attract heat.....so...ughhhhhh us black men have warmer legs.....so they can stretch easy....sorta like hot rubber....that's my story and I'm sticking with it!
Is that why we do not play Hockey?

dada
01-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Is that why we do not play Hockey?
You are correct....and if you notice...the one black guy who does play....has extra leg warmers on......plus Jumping is not required in Hockey.

Redneckn
01-09-2006, 04:24 PM
racists...

You can't say that kind of stuff about black folks...

Red Raiders
01-09-2006, 08:24 PM

I hate that channel and congress said we must have that channel for the law. I don't think these people obey God because they swear too much and alot of drugs and naked women with possibly aides (maybe).

I never heard W.E.T and why is it extremly racist?

wide-e-wide
01-09-2006, 08:56 PM
I hate that channel and congress said we must have that channel for the law. I don't think these people obey God because they swear too much and alot of drugs and naked women with possibly aides (maybe).

Aides?...boy you sure are making us white folk proud Bubba.

Red Raiders
01-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Aides?...boy you sure are making us white folk proud Bubba.

:p

Reaganrattler07
01-09-2006, 09:18 PM
BET stands for Black Entertainment Television, right? I thought the "poilitically correct" way was African American?

And if they had a "White Entertainment Television" Channel....would people call it racist?

Red Raiders
01-09-2006, 10:29 PM
BET stands for Black Entertainment Television, right? I thought the "poilitically correct" way was African American?

And if they had a "White Entertainment Television" Channel....would people call it racist?

If Black people saw that than they would think its racist but its really not because we probably wouldn't talk about black people but black people talk about us about bad things. I don't think there is no such thing White Entertainment Television because we have different kind of music like country or rock or pop and it wouldn't work if it all fit in.

wide-e-wide
01-09-2006, 10:44 PM
we have different kind of music like country or rock or pop and it wouldn't work if it all fit in.

And we all know...black folks only listen to rap music....:rolleyes:

dragons08
01-09-2006, 10:45 PM

WET..haha funny channel name..

Xfballphenome05
01-09-2006, 10:46 PM
If there was a channel such as W.E.T.,i am certain it would be considered racist.The subject of segregation would start to come up more and more often,there would be a lawsuit,it would all be considered bad.

Redneckn
01-09-2006, 10:48 PM
If Black people saw that than they would think its racist but its really not because we probably wouldn't talk about black people but black people talk about us about bad things. I don't think there is no such thing White Entertainment Television because we have different kind of music like country or rock or pop and it wouldn't work if it all fit in.

W.E.T. is every channel except for BET. Didn't you know that? :eek:

Blacks would absolutely consider an "wll White" station to be racist. No matter what was shown/talked about/played. Not every single black would think that, but the majority would.
Just like you can't have a club that is only Whites. That's racist. But it is ok to have a club that excludes Whites. (naacp)

It's all double standards... That is what our society has come to. Sad but true.

wide-e-wide
01-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Why are we even having this discussion?

BET has been on the air damn near 30 years...'yall are just a liiiiiiiiittle bit late with this....

Redneckn
01-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Why are we even having this discussion?

BET has been on the air damn near 30 years...'yall are just a liiiiiiiiittle bit late with this....

I wondered that too... I think people are beginning to become more aware of the way things work and they are wondering why...
Eventually, everybody wakes up...

wide-e-wide
01-09-2006, 10:54 PM
I wondered that too... I think people are beginning to become more aware of the way things work and they are wondering why...

Wakes up to what?
It's been around longer than most of these guys have been alive.
They don't just play rap videos...they have political talk shows,jazz sessions,teen conferences,sports,....etc...
'Yall are acting like it's just 24 hour booty shakin' and cuss words...

Redneckn
01-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Wakes up to what?
It's been around longer than most of these guys have been alive.
They don't just play rap videos...they have political talk shows,jazz sessions,teen conferences,sports,....etc...
'Yall are acting like it's just 24 hour booty shakin' and cuss words...

I don't know what it is. I have honestly never watched it. I am opposed to it because it is a double standard. Morally, I am against it.

People are waking up to the fact that if you are White you are expected to keep your hole shut and not have an opinion. Otherwise, you're a racist. But if you're anything other than White, you can say what you want and it's pretty much ok.
That's what folks are waking up and realizing.

stevefoxsc
01-10-2006, 02:00 AM
if your gona complain about somthing like BET why not complain about life time you can call life time Sexist like you could say BET is racist, and some one earlyer said would it offend non jew's if they had a jewist tv station. New's flash they have a a couple of christian's channel's should that offend non christian's?
BET is simply aimed at people who are into the more urban hip hop style aka Acting black as some would say, the same for Fubu,phatfarm,sean john and
rockawear. As for the A&F issue im half african and wear this brand i have shopped at A&F for 5 year's and have got service when I needed it, and if ur gona have an issue with the people they higher, and by this i mean ethnicity why not also point out prada, gucci, tiffany, louis vuitton, versaci, lambroghini, burberry. I've shopped at those places and they are = to A&F only twice as expensive and i have yet to see a lawsuit on them from the whole race issue thing.

All in all some people on this subject of debate make it very interesting from the very close minded ******** oppinion's to the interesting oppinion's from other's.

dada
01-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Ok....guess you guys are right....I'm writing a letter to my congressman RIGHT now....TELEMUNDO offends me....I cant understand what they are saying....and if I wake up again and my son has that damn Dora the explorer and her cousin diego on my television....I'm gonna shoot it.....how DARE the try to teach kids spanish..... FOOD Channel too....I don't eat half the sH#T they cook on there....and they have a show called ADULT SWIM....they say cuss words...ooooohhhh....gotta complain about that too..ESPN....I HATE SPORTS.......that offends me too...all those church channels forcing their religion on me...damn, damn, damn......

What's this??? A remote control??? You mean...if I cant relate or dont understand...or dont want to watch this I can CHANGE it????? WOW.

Redneckn
01-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Ok....guess you guys are right....I'm writing a letter to my congressman RIGHT now....TELEMUNDO offends me....I cant understand what they are saying....and if I wake up again and my son has that damn Dora the explorer and her cousin diego on my television....I'm gonna shoot it.....how DARE the try to teach kids spanish..... FOOD Channel too....I don't eat half the sH#T they cook on there....and they have a show called ADULT SWIM....they say cuss words...ooooohhhh....gotta complain about that too..ESPN....I HATE SPORTS.......that offends me too...all those church channels forcing their religion on me...damn, damn, damn......

What's this??? A remote control??? You mean...if I cant relate or dont understand...or dont want to watch this I can CHANGE it????? WOW.

I'm not saying that there shouldnt be BET or Telemundo.. Or Dora the explorer, teaching kids mexican when the show is in English, but not teaching the kids English when its in mexican... What my complaint is is that White folks can't have the "White folks" station without it being labeled as racist. I agree about the remote thing...I think most of us know how to use it. But the fact that the crap is on my cable box isnt the problem. That doesnt really offend me.. It does offend me that it is not possible to have a White folks station. And it be called that...

Redneckn
01-10-2006, 09:13 AM
if your gona complain about somthing like BET why not complain about life time you can call life time Sexist like you could say BET is racist, and some one earlyer said would it offend non jew's if they had a jewist tv station. New's flash they have a a couple of christian's channel's should that offend non christian's?
BET is simply aimed at people who are into the more urban hip hop style aka Acting black as some would say, the same for Fubu,phatfarm,sean john and
rockawear. As for the A&F issue im half african and wear this brand i have shopped at A&F for 5 year's and have got service when I needed it, and if ur gona have an issue with the people they higher, and by this i mean ethnicity why not also point out prada, gucci, tiffany, louis vuitton, versaci, lambroghini, burberry. I've shopped at those places and they are = to A&F only twice as expensive and i have yet to see a lawsuit on them from the whole race issue thing.

All in all some people on this subject of debate make it very interesting from the very close minded ******** oppinion's to the interesting oppinion's from other's.

My problem with the clothing stuff is that it's ok for everyone to wear fubu, phatfarm, johnjohn, ect... Pretty much wherever they want. But if I leave my house wearing some AryanWear I can pretty much prepare to be ejected from places, fired from my job, having to hurt people ect...

I think everyones opinion is interesting. Even if I don't agree with it. Even if they make no sense at all. Even if I know that their opinion is morally incorrect, it is still interesting.

dada
01-10-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm not saying that there shouldnt be BET or Telemundo.. Or Dora the explorer, teaching kids mexican when the show is in English, but not teaching the kids English when its in mexican... What my complaint is is that White folks can't have the "White folks" station without it being labeled as racist. I agree about the remote thing...I think most of us know how to use it. But the fact that the crap is on my cable box isnt the problem. That doesnt really offend me.. It does offend me that it is not possible to have a White folks station. And it be called that...
That's where the misunderstanding comes in BET is not for "BLACK FOLK"...It's more of a Urban/Culture station...maybe the name throws it off.....BET is no different from CMT. The B in BET is for BLACK....BLACK is not a race, it's a culture. The "C" in CMT is for COUNTRY....Country is a culture/way of life...not a race. Before BET, Telemundo....Azian Network, etc...EVERYTHING was WET. People need programing they can relate too. I mean if you couldnt watch CMT....or Roller girls.....what would you be watching? I'm Black and I watch MTV more than I do BET. BET is aimed at the young hip-hop crowd...no matter what color they are. I agree...maybe they should change the name to avoid discussions like this the same way the Nashville Network change their name to SPIKE to gain more viewers.

dada
01-10-2006, 09:25 AM
My problem with the clothing stuff is that it's ok for everyone to wear fubu, phatfarm, johnjohn, ect... Pretty much wherever they want. But if I leave my house wearing some AryanWear I can pretty much prepare to be ejected from places, fired from my job, having to hurt people ect...

I think everyones opinion is interesting. Even if I don't agree with it. Even if they make no sense at all. Even if I know that their opinion is morally incorrect, it is still interesting.
That's apples and oranges. Fubu, phat pharm...etc....are owned by blacks....there is nothing racist about that. I grew up wearing guess...Levis..polo...etc.. There is no difference. I have on a Lacoste shirt today....and could care less who made it. NOW if I came in with Louis Farrakan on my shirt...THAT would be inappropiate(sp).

LoneRocket
01-10-2006, 09:46 AM

Blacks would absolutely consider an "wll White" station to be racist. No matter what was shown/talked about/played. Not every single black would think that, but the majority would.
Just like you can't have a club that is only Whites. That's racist. But it is ok to have a club that excludes Whites. (naacp)

It's all double standards... That is what our society has come to. Sad but true.
News flash there are whites and browns in the NAACP, but I never seen any Blacks, Brown or yellow in the klan or the aryan nation. Is it okay that they exclude them?

LoneRocket
01-10-2006, 09:48 AM

That sounds like Daytime soap operas, springer, or better yet Desperate House Wives. I guess they do not obey either.

LoneRocket
01-10-2006, 09:50 AM

I prefer Black.

LoneRocket
01-10-2006, 09:54 AM

When has fubu, phatfarm and sean john promoted hate or refuse to sell clothes to non-blacks. I am will to bet that people who sell aryanwear would not sell there clothes to non-whites or Jews.

LoneRocket
01-10-2006, 09:55 AM

I heard Lifetime = victim TV.

dada
01-10-2006, 09:57 AM
I heard Lifetime = victim TV.
Yep....nothing but Male-bashing movies......Us men should unite.

LoneRocket
01-10-2006, 10:00 AM
I don't know what it is. I have honestly never watched it. I am opposed to it because it is a double standard. Morally, I am against it.

People are waking up to the fact that if you are White you are expected to keep your hole shut and not have an opinion. Otherwise, you're a racist. But if you're anything other than White, you can say what you want and it's pretty much ok.
Lets see the race card
now the moral card
Question, who owns the media, marketing, music and distribution companies?

LUFPAN
01-10-2006, 10:40 AM
I can't believe that anyone would even care that there is a BET. I don't like it myself but I don't care if anybody else does, just not my thing. More important things to worry about than whether there is ethnic specific channels. Unless your Charlie Pride or Aaron Neville I wouldn't guess that there are many non-whites who watch the Nashville Network. That's about as white as it gets....but who cares? We all bleed red. Everything else is just a matter of preference.

wide-e-wide
01-10-2006, 10:52 AM
It's subjects like this...that give masked racism an opportunity to come out and play....hidden under the cloak of an innocent question.

Seriously....I not only read posts.........I READ them too....and some of these posts are dripping with racism. And if the people saying them thought it was copesetic to just come out and give their true thoughts on the matter...I think a lot of us would be shocked. Typical klansman mentality...too chickenshit to come out and say it...they have to hide behind something and be Billy Bob ******.

Redneckn
01-10-2006, 11:58 AM
It's subjects like this...that give masked racism an opportunity to come out and play....hidden under the cloak of an innocent question.

Seriously....I not only read posts.........I READ them too....and some of these posts are dripping with racism. And if the people saying them thought it was copesetic to just come out and give their true thoughts on the matter...I think a lot of us would be shocked. Typical klansman mentality...too chickenshit to come out and say it...they have to hide behind something and be Billy Bob ******.

Some people wont speak their minds completely because other people would so much noise and the speaker would end up banned. Some other people are just trying to participate in the conversation without really offending other people...

lonny23
01-10-2006, 11:59 AM
If there was a channel such as W.E.T.,i am certain it would be considered racist.The subject of segregation would start to come up more and more often,there would be a lawsuit,it would all be considered bad.
If there was a channel called WET, it would be pay TV, and have nothing to do with white people. You would see multiple races getting nasty, though.

Redneckn
01-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Lets see the race card
now the moral card
Question, who owns the media, marketing, music and distribution companies?

Jewish folks mostly...

You can only play the "moral card" after you have defined what morals are. I have, so I can play the moral card. It's kind of an honor and all. Once you really understand morals, then you can use them to your advantage.. Nobody can beat your arguement...:)

Redneckn
01-10-2006, 12:05 PM
News flash there are whites and browns in the NAACP, but I never seen any Blacks, Brown or yellow in the klan or the aryan nation. Is it okay that they exclude them?

If you think the NAACP is not anti-white, you are either Gump or blind...
There is no aryan nation anymore by the way.

The Whites that are associated with the NAACP are tokens. They are there so people like you can make that argument. Nothing more..

dada
01-10-2006, 12:06 PM
If there was a channel called WET, it would be pay TV, and have nothing to do with white people. You would see multiple races getting nasty, though.
Wet.....just sounds nasty........just one of those nasty sounding words....like Puss. Enjoy your lunch

Redneckn
01-10-2006, 12:06 PM
When has fubu, phatfarm and sean john promoted hate or refuse to sell clothes to non-blacks. I am will to bet that people who sell aryanwear would not sell there clothes to non-whites or Jews.

Anybody can buy it. Go to the website and make your purchase. I'm not talking about buying it. I'm talking about wearing it.

dada
01-10-2006, 12:07 PM

The Whites that are associated with the NAACP are tokens. They are there so people like you can make that argument. Nothing more..
NAACP is not anti-white......unless something has changed that I missed.

dada
01-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Anybody can buy it. Go to the website and make your purchase. I'm not talking about buying it. I'm talking about wearing it.
So blacks should only wear clothes made by blacks and vice versa? Who CARES what color the designer is....if it's to MY liking...I'm gonna buy it.

lonny23
01-10-2006, 12:11 PM

C'mon it isn't that way. I know I don't speak for everybody in the world as a military member, but I talk about the same stuff with black guys as I do with you guys. Me and a couple of the guys were talking about brothers migrating over to white women because of sister's attitudes about 2 hours ago. We also talk about the double standard of how things go in the U.S. with race relations. We talk about crooked cops and all that stuff. I don't know about you guys, but I get along great with black guys. The last few years, I've spent more time talking to them than white guys. I run afoul with the black women, though. The Air Force just has way too many with terrible attitudes. I dated one in the Air Force and 10 years later, she isn't any better because she went to Wichita Falls in August and came in the door guns blazing.

dada
01-10-2006, 12:14 PM
C'mon it isn't that way. I know I don't speak for everybody in the world as a military member, but I talk about the same stuff with black guys as I do with you guys. Me and a couple of the guys were talking about brothers migrating over to white women because of sister's attitudes about 2 hours ago. We also talk about the double standard of how things go in the U.S. with race relations. We talk about crooked cops and all that stuff. I don't know about you guys, but I get along great with black guys. The last few years, I've spent more time talking to them than white guys. I run afoul with the black women, though. The Air Force just has way too many with terrible attitudes. I dated one in the Air Force and 10 years later, she isn't any better because she went to Wichita Falls in August and came in the door guns blazing.
I have FRIENDS...not black friends, white friends...they are all FRIENDS. that's the way it should be.

lonny23
01-10-2006, 12:14 PM

Telemundo offends me, too. I can't speak Spanish to all those beautiful women!:p

dada
01-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Telemundo offends me, too. I can't speak Spanish to all those beautiful women!:p
ESTA NOCHE!!!....they do have BEAUTIFUL women on there.....I sit there and watch it with the volume down....and has anyone seen the Mexican version of "Cheaters"??? I like it better than "Cheaters...lol

lonny23
01-10-2006, 12:20 PM
That's apples and oranges. Fubu, phat pharm...etc....are owned by blacks....there is nothing racist about that. I grew up wearing guess...Levis..polo...etc.. There is no difference. I have on a Lacoste shirt today....and could care less who made it. NOW if I came in with Louis Farrakan on my shirt...THAT would be inappropiate(sp).
Hey, it's a some pictures of dada4w, AKA Carlton Banks!:p
http://www.the-n.com/ntv/shows/characters.php?id=431&character_id=218

lonny23
01-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Yep....nothing but Male-bashing movies......Us men should unite.
They throw a few curveballs in there. My mom told me about the movie with the guy who had a narcissistic wife who ended up killing him.

dada
01-10-2006, 12:23 PM
It's on now Lonny.......lol....you have just started a war.

dada
01-10-2006, 12:24 PM
They throw a few curveballs in there. My mom told me about the movie with the guy who had a narcissistic wife who ended up killing him.
The Men ALWAYS Die....or go to jail in the end

lonny23
01-10-2006, 12:26 PM

I'm with you 100% on that. I wish everybody was forced to work and live with other races. It would teach people that we're a lot alike and have to get along with one another to get our jobs done.

dada
01-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Scroll down to "Low Cost Weaponry" and you were see our own Lonny2K hard at work:

http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/MilJoke.htm

lonny23
01-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Wet.....just sounds nasty........just one of those nasty sounding words....like Puss. Enjoy your lunch
I don't know. In my younger days in Alaska, me and my roommate had the Adam and Eve channel for a while. Between shows and movies, they would have ads for various things like enhancers and movies. My favorite commercial was for WET lubricant!:D

LoneRocket
01-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Jewish folks mostly...

You can only play the "moral card" after you have defined what morals are. I have, so I can play the moral card. It's kind of an honor and all. Once you really understand morals, then you can use them to your advantage.. Nobody can beat your arguement...:)
Okay let me understand this, correct me if I am wrong please. You and Baby are not married? Are you living together, correct? If so is that moral?

LoneRocket
01-10-2006, 12:35 PM
I'm with you 100% on that. I wish everybody was forced to work and live with other races. It would teach people that we're a lot alike and have to get along with one another to get our jobs done.
I think some people hate to see communities that can work past their differences to succeed example Judson.

LoneRocket
01-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Jewish folks mostly...

So it is their fault because they are not promoting the white man on TV and music anymore?

lonny23
01-10-2006, 12:36 PM
I have FRIENDS...not black friends, white friends...they are all FRIENDS. that's the way it should be.
Yeah, I look at them as friends, too. I mention races just because I want others to see that color doesn't really matter. We should be a mixture of the races, anyway. I like the music of the rednecks, the friendliness and good 'ol boy nature of the Southern guys, and the spirit of the brothers who talk trash and joke around.

lonny23
01-10-2006, 12:38 PM
The Men ALWAYS Die....or go to jail in the end
I forgot about him dying. It was one of the few movies where the woman was bad, but they got to kill a guy, anyway.

LoneRocket
01-10-2006, 12:38 PM

So if the NAACP helps a group of whites in employment issues are they anti-white? Why would whites who are associated with the NAACP would be considered tokens?

lonny23
01-10-2006, 12:56 PM
I think some people hate to see communities that can work past their differences to succeed example Judson.
I just hate to hear how we need to separate ourselves from other races. I'm white and will always have more in common with other white people, but I sure have a lot of fun with Hispanics and blacks. I don't think I have to be friends with this guy because he's white or not hang out with other races.

Redneckn
01-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Okay let me understand this, correct me if I am wrong please. You and Baby are not married? Are you living together, correct? If so is that moral?

That all depends on how you define morals. Morals is not defines as good or bad necessarily.
Don't think I am trying to justify our living together because that's not my point. Baby and I have been together for years. Legal marriage is a piece of paper. Baby and I are completely and totally comitted to one antother.

Also, I'm not saying that everything I do is morally correct either. But most of what I do is and I do try.

How would you difine "morals" btw? I'm just curious...

Redneckn
01-10-2006, 01:05 PM
So if the NAACP helps a group of whites in employment issues are they anti-white? Why would whites who are associated with the NAACP would be considered tokens?

Has that happened? To where it would not benefit blacks?
They don't just only keep Whites around as tokens. They like their money and (dreamed up) social pull as well.
Not everything about the NAACP is bad. Most of it is though. They are militant anti-White.. Which is fine with me really... I honestly don't care. I just think it's sad that business' will bow to their b.s demands and cater to their self interests.

Y'all get so up in arms when I start with this stuff. I really hope y'all understand that I am not just one man in Austin that thinks like this. I am just the one man that will say it out loud. I say what most folks think.
And I'm not anti-anybody.. (ok, i'm anti-gay) but I do think society would be better off it we were all seperated.

lonny23
01-10-2006, 01:06 PM
That all depends on how you define morals. Morals is not defines as good or bad necessarily.
Don't think I am trying to justify our living together because that's not my point. Baby and I have been together for years. Legal marriage is a piece of paper. Baby and I are completely and totally comitted to one antother.

Also, I'm not saying that everything I do is morally correct either. But most of what I do is and I do try.

How would you difine "morals" btw? I'm just curious...
I define morals as having a legal document that says you love the woman you live and sleep with.

Redneckn
01-10-2006, 01:07 PM
So it is their fault because they are not promoting the white man on TV and music anymore?

I have no comment on Jewry for this site. If you really want to know, pm me and I can direct you to some websites and answer some questions perhaps..

Redneckn
01-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I look at them as friends, too. I mention races just because I want others to see that color doesn't really matter. We should be a mixture of the races, anyway. I like the music of the rednecks, the friendliness and good 'ol boy nature of the Southern guys, and the spirit of the brothers who talk trash and joke around.

So to hell with our own cultures and races? Just one big muck of mud? How is that right?

I refuse to stand by and watch my heritage and race be drawn and quartered (so to speak). I see nothing at all wrong with knowing who you are and where you from. And wanting to continue that tradition. Please tell me how that is a bad thing. For anybody, not just White folks, but black folks, mexican folks, kyrgekicantspellthat-stan folks, whomever...

Redneckn
01-10-2006, 01:16 PM
I define morals as having a legal document that says you love the woman you live and sleep with.

That is not what morals are. You can call it that, but that doesnt make it so.
Just because I call blue red, it doesnt make it so. Morals are much deeper than a set of laws or religeous beliefs.

dada
01-10-2006, 01:17 PM
So to hell with our own cultures and races? Just one big muck of mud? How is that right?

I refuse to stand by and watch my heritage and race be drawn and quartered (so to speak). I see nothing at all wrong with knowing who you are and where you from. And wanting to continue that tradition. Please tell me how that is a bad thing. For anybody, not just White folks, but black folks, mexican folks, kyrgekicantspellthat-stan folks, whomever...
You can mix in and interact with other races and still be proud of your culture...if you are secure about it. You don't have to force anything on anybody. Some think that if you don't understand it, you should automatically HATE it....There is only ONE race and that's the human race....we all bleed red, we are all from earth.....you can be proud and not hate.

And a little side note just incase you haven't noticed...Austin is the interracial capitol of the Country.

Redneckn
01-10-2006, 01:22 PM
You can mix in and interact with other races and still be proud of your culture...if you are secure about it. You don't have to force anything on anybody. Some think that if you don't understand it, you should automatically HATE it....There is only ONE race and that's the human race....we all bleed red, we are all from earth.....you can be proud and not hate.

I agree completely. The problem is that White folks are being shut up and bred out.
There is not one race though. That's propaganda. We all may indeed bleed red, but our blood is not the same. If our blood was all the same, there would just as many White folks as Black with sickle cell...

I agree you can be proud and not hate. Hate is a strong word and I dont hate but a few people. They all happen to be White.

I agree about the not understanding so hate it thing. I prefer to know everything I can about my enemy, then destory it. Hating it never comes into play for me. Hate is personal.

dada
01-10-2006, 01:28 PM
I agree completely. The problem is that White folks are being shut up and bred out.
There is not one race though. That's propaganda. We all may indeed bleed red, but our blood is not the same. If our blood was all the same, there would just as many White folks as Black with sickle cell...

I agree you can be proud and not hate. Hate is a strong word and I dont hate but a few people. They all happen to be White.

I agree about the not understanding so hate it thing. I prefer to know everything I can about my enemy, then destory it. Hating it never comes into play for me. Hate is personal.
I think sickel cell is more realted to diets of cultures...I'm no doctor so I could be wrong...the same with high blood pressure.....when someone gets a blood transfusion it dosent say Blood from Black man or Blood from White man. Who is the enemy here and what makes them the enemy? Because of different beliefs and opinions?

Redneckn
01-10-2006, 01:35 PM
I think sickel cell is more realted to diets of cultures...I'm no doctor so I could be wrong...the same with high blood pressure.....when someone gets a blood transfusion it dosent say Blood from Black man or Blood from White man. Who is the enemy here and what makes them the enemy? Because of different beliefs and opinions?

I think I'm gonna not discuss this any further here. I really don't want to get banned. I enjoy the conversation here. And most of the people here are kool. I hate to screw that all up over some off topic stuff. My purpose is not to offend anyone and I just don't think I can discuss this subject too much further without doing so.

dada
01-10-2006, 01:38 PM
I think I'm gonna not discuss this any further here. I really don't want to get banned. I enjoy the conversation here. And most of the people here are kool. I hate to screw that all up over some off topic stuff. My purpose is not to offend anyone and I just don't think I can discuss this subject too much further without doing so.
I can respect that......was just hoping we could learn from each other.

LUFPAN
01-10-2006, 02:10 PM
That is not what morals are. You can call it that, but that doesnt make it so.
Just because I call blue red, it doesnt make it so. Morals are much deeper than a set of laws or religeous beliefs.

Morals are not and can not be deeper than a set of religious laws. Our beliefs in God define our souls. It does not get any deeper than that. Morals based on our beliefs is who we are. At its core, racism is a moral problem. The inability of one man to treat another in the same way he wishes to be treated. This moral problem can not be legislated out, it can only be cleansed out through a relationship with a God who is moral.

Redneckn
01-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Morals are not and can not be deeper than a set of religious laws. Our beliefs in God define our souls. It does not get any deeper than that. Morals based on our beliefs is who we are. At its core, racism is a moral problem. The inability of one man to treat another in the same way he wishes to be treated. This moral problem can not be legislated out, it can only be cleansed out through a relationship with a God who is moral.

Morals: What is good for the betterment of the society.

Beliefs in God and such are intertwined in because they pretty much tend to follow the same line. The whole thing tends to get rather complicated. We could have a discussion about it if you really want to though.

Racism isn't a moral problem. Hate and fighting amongst people can be a moral problem. That is why I like the idea of seperation.
Some people consider racial issues a "war". If they think God excuses certain actions in the event of a war, to them, they are excused. So to speak.

Some people consider non-white to be a curse from God and things of that nature. How each man understands Gods word can play a huge part in how he lives his life. You and I may read the same words but hear them in different manners.

LUFPAN
01-10-2006, 03:00 PM

Beliefs in God and such are intertwined in because they pretty much tend to follow the same line. The whole thing tends to get rather complicated. We could have a discussion about it if you really want to though.

Racism isn't a moral problem. Hate and fighting amongst people can be a moral problem. That is why I like the idea of seperation.
Some people consider racial issues a "war". If they think God excuses certain actions in the event of a war, to them, they are excused. So to speak.

Some people consider non-white to be a curse from God and things of that nature. How each man understands Gods word can play a huge part in how he lives his life. You and I may read the same words but hear them in different manners.

You words remind me much of myself before I met my wife (hispanic). She would often question me about the use of certain derogatory words that I never gave much thought to. Ultimately, it took God, her and a 4 year stint in the U.S. Army to rid me of the last of some long held beliefs I had. While in the service I met some great people (some of the best friends I will ever have) of all shapes, sizes and colors. I was raised in the rural south with rural un-educated beliefs I had to be pulled out of that environment and made to look at myself before I was able to change. I'll drop the subject after this. We could fill volumes with this discussion. I'll just agree to disagree on this one. God Bless.

Redneckn
01-10-2006, 03:20 PM
You words remind me much of myself before I met my wife (hispanic). She would often question me about the use of certain derogatory words that I never gave much thought to. Ultimately, it took God, her and a 4 year stint in the U.S. Army to rid me of the last of some long held beliefs I had. While in the service I met some great people (some of the best friends I will ever have) of all shapes, sizes and colors. I was raised in the rural south with rural un-educated beliefs I had to be pulled out of that environment and made to look at myself before I was able to change. I'll drop the subject after this. We could fill volumes with this discussion. I'll just agree to disagree on this one. God Bless.

Just because you don't agree with it, you think it uneducated? Who's to say that you aren't the uneducated one?

The funny thing to me is that I was not at all raised to believe the things I believe. I didn't get this way until I got out on my own and started having to work for living. Started go out and being amongst all kinds of people.
Why not discuss it? That's part of the problem with this country. Nobody wants to really discuss anything. The moment you disagree, everybody wants to just drop it.

I find it interesting that you are able to mate with someone of a different race. I don't want to offend you, so I'll be carefull how I word this part.. But I could never be with someone of another race. I have never felt any kind of attraction to any other race. I don't see other races as animals or anything like that, but I just don't feel anything for them. I will say that seeing mixed couples does (honestly) make me sick to my stomach. It has my whole life that I can remember. It's odd to me.
I'll tell ya something else that is odd to me. I can read or watch any of this leftist propaganda designed to make me "not hate" other people and it makes me feel more the way I feel.
I'm reading a book currently called 100 Little Hitlers by this Jewish woman. I'm certain there is some other point than what I am getting from it. But I just don't see it. You know how people can look at the "ink blot" tests and see many different things? It's kind of like that. Whatever communist point they are trying to get at completely goes by me unnoticed. It really does reconfirm everything I already feel. There are some things I'll read or watch several times to try and get the point intended. It never happens. It bothers me because I read a lot. Moreso than 2 or 3 average people. I try to always keep a mostly open mind about things. I am rarely completely decided on things. I am always waiting to be proven wrong.
On the racial issue, that never happens. I pay to close attention. I see what is really going on and I don't like it.

dada
01-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Wow.....back to the football thread for me

stevefoxsc
01-10-2006, 06:29 PM

im gona assume by this you're saying fubu phatfarm sean jean etc are racist?

Redneckn
01-10-2006, 07:22 PM
im gona assume by this you're saying fubu phatfarm sean jean etc are racist?

No, that is NOT what I'm saying. Although I feel like they created these companies based on "I don't want no white man getting my money."
AryanWear isn't racist either.

I'm not sure I follow why you arrived to that being what I meant.

stevefoxsc
01-10-2006, 10:14 PM
No, that is NOT what I'm saying. Although I feel like they created these companies based on "I don't want no white man getting my money."

funny that you mention that only 1 lable of clothing brand im assure doesn't like a specific ethnicity of people wearing it and that's tommy hillfigure who openly admitted he doesn't like african american's wearing his brand when at one point they were the one who wore it the most, as for fubu and what not those are not targetted specifically for certain race it's a style of clothing just as A&F and A&E are considerd more for prepy people (as some would say) fubu is for urban hip hop culture hot topic is for the punk rock emo kid's gucci and those ultra expensive brand's are for people into hard core lable design and fashion. It's just we take it to assumption just cause african's or caucasion's where this more it must be made strictly for them when it's not.

Reaganrattler07
01-10-2006, 10:33 PM

You do forget the age of some people though.....I myself am 17

Reaganrattler07
01-10-2006, 10:37 PM

Very true.....just like how black people come up with all these white jokes on these shows....Dave Chapelle for example...but if a white person makes a black joke....lawsuits are made, hate crimes filed, and the poor guy ends up with jail....

wide-e-wide
01-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Very true.....just like how black people come up with all these white jokes on these shows....Dave Chapelle for example...but if a white person makes a black joke....lawsuits are made, hate crimes filed, and the poor guy ends up with jail....

Dude...know your history ...

White people made fun of black people on radio and TV long before black people laughed at whites. They painted their faces black...shuckin' and jivin'...'yessir boss'sir...dancing...mocking black people for decades .......Amos and Andy...Al Jolsen...both classic examples.

We did it long before they did.

Let's not pretend that as a race.....we are innocent. I would say that after 400 years of persecution...we deserve a few ha ha...chuckle chuckles.

Reaganrattler07
01-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Dude...know your history ...

White people made fun of black people on radio and TV long before black people laughed at whites. They painted their faces black...shuckin' and jivin'...'yessir boss'sir...dancing...mocking black people for decades .......Amos and Andy...Al Jolsen...both classic examples.

We did it long before they did.

Let's not pretend that as a race.....we are innocent. I would say that after 400 years of persecution...we deserve a few ha ha...chuckle chuckles.

Back in like the 20's. But really, i don't see the double standard though.

Lets put this hypothetically. Say my big brother beat the hell out of me all throughout my youth. Does that give me the right to beat the hell out of him for the rest of my life? I don't think so.

But if one side doesn't want it - then they shouldn't be able to do it to the otherside.

And am i the only one that has discovered that the comedy channel has become nothing but racial jokes now? (I've only watched it from like last year until a few months back)

wide-e-wide
01-10-2006, 11:48 PM
I am a huge fan of stand-up. Have been for most of my life...I used to "borrow" (steal) my Dad's Richard Pryor albums and listen to them while he was at work...hahaha

But comedy usually comes from pain...There are tons of successful comics that say all of their funniest material...came from trauma in their lives.

Richard Pryor united blacks and whites...He made jokes about both races.
But behind almost every one of those jokes was a painful story.

In the end........they are just jokes. Just expression...

and FYI...it wasn't JUST back in the 20's...

Hollywood and primetime TV exploited black people well into the 1980's...

I could get real deep on this subject. But I know the results....I have had this discussion probably 100 times. Nothing ever gets solved......people refuse to look at things with an open mind.

Redneckn
01-11-2006, 09:04 AM
funny that you mention that only 1 lable of clothing brand im assure doesn't like a specific ethnicity of people wearing it and that's tommy hillfigure who openly admitted he doesn't like african american's wearing his brand when at one point they were the one who wore it the most, as for fubu and what not those are not targetted specifically for certain race it's a style of clothing just as A&F and A&E are considerd more for prepy people (as some would say) fubu is for urban hip hop culture hot topic is for the punk rock emo kid's gucci and those ultra expensive brand's are for people into hard core lable design and fashion. It's just we take it to assumption just cause african's or caucasion's where this more it must be made strictly for them when it's not.

I've never heard that about Hilfigure before... Kinda odd that blacks still buy his stuff after having said that... I guess I can see where he's coming from. If I designed clothes that were meant to be worn in a particular way, it would offend me if people bought them 4 sized larger so they could have pants around their knees. Hide weapons under all that "extra" fabric. Yeah, that would piss me off. The same way it offends me when I grill steaks and some goober puts A1 all over it. My steaks are perfect and don't need that crap to taste good. I have said to a few people over the years: "If my steaks aren't right for you tastes, then please don't eat it." I would be the same with clothing. If my clothing doesnt "fit" the way you want it to fit, then go and buy something else.
The clothing thing with all the baggy falling off garments is ********. That crap got started from the punks hiding weapons. Why would anyone want to look like that? If you look like you're hiding a weapon, the police would have to assume you were. Aside from that, I find it in bad taste to have your arse sticking out for everyone to see. Be it baggy pants boy, buttcrack girl, or plumber. It's in bad taste and most people find it offensive. And by most people, I mean those of us that are participating in rational society and pay taxes.

Overall, I don't care what people wear. What brands they wear, ect... But I don't expect to have to catch crap because of the stuff I wear.

Pack Daddy
01-11-2006, 09:42 AM
I've never heard that about Hilfigure before... Kinda odd that blacks still buy his stuff after having said that... I guess I can see where he's coming from. If I designed clothes that were meant to be worn in a particular way, it would offend me if people bought them 4 sized larger so they could have pants around their knees. Hide weapons under all that "extra" fabric. Yeah, that would piss me off. The same way it offends me when I grill steaks and some goober puts A1 all over it. My steaks are perfect and don't need that crap to taste good. I have said to a few people over the years: "If my steaks aren't right for you tastes, then please don't eat it." I would be the same with clothing. If my clothing doesnt "fit" the way you want it to fit, then go and buy something else.
The clothing thing with all the baggy falling off garments is ********. That crap got started from the punks hiding weapons. Why would anyone want to look like that? If you look like you're hiding a weapon, the police would have to assume you were. Aside from that, I find it in bad taste to have your arse sticking out for everyone to see. Be it baggy pants boy, buttcrack girl, or plumber. It's in bad taste and most people find it offensive. And by most people, I mean those of us that are participating in rational society and pay taxes.

Overall, I don't care what people wear. What brands they wear, ect... But I don't expect to have to catch crap because of the stuff I wear.

"butt crack girl" , well ....I won't complain if one hits me in the eye (especially if there's one of them small tattoos above the vertical smile). Thong, tha tha tha thong. I agree with everything else!

Reaganrattler07
01-11-2006, 09:49 AM
I am a huge fan of stand-up. Have been for most of my life...I used to "borrow" (steal) my Dad's Richard Pryor albums and listen to them while he was at work...hahaha

But comedy usually comes from pain...There are tons of successful comics that say all of their funniest material...came from trauma in their lives.

Richard Pryor united blacks and whites...He made jokes about both races.
But behind almost every one of those jokes was a painful story.

In the end........they are just jokes. Just expression...

and FYI...it wasn't JUST back in the 20's...

Hollywood and primetime TV exploited black people well into the 1980's...

I could get real deep on this subject. But I know the results....I have had this discussion probably 100 times. Nothing ever gets solved......people refuse to look at things with an open mind.

Do remember we are learning "State mandated material"....people like to curve the story so that it's black and white and not gray.....Civil War's a good example.

Redneckn
01-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Do remember we are learning "State mandated material"....people like to curve the story so that it's black and white and not gray.....Civil War's a good example.

Great point! Nice to see some of the younger folks knowing "what time it is" for a change...

PackDaddy. I just think there is a time and place for everything. I look a little just like the next guy. But sometimes, its just not called for.
*note: the tattoo is always a bonus*

lonny23
01-11-2006, 11:46 AM

Some people consider non-white to be a curse from God and things of that nature. How each man understands Gods word can play a huge part in how he lives his life. You and I may read the same words but hear them in different manners.There is Biblical truth to that. After Noah's flood, the world started over with his 3 sons; Ham, Shem, and Japheth. Noah got drunk and showed his nakedness one night. Ham saw it, did nothing about it, and told his brothers. Shem and Japheth covered their father without looking upon his nakedness. When Noah awoke, he blessed Japheth and Shem, and cursed Ham. Noah said Ham was going to be a servant to his 2 brothers. The descendents of Ham settled in Africa. That continent has been cursed for the last 5000 years. The descendents of Japheth and Shem (The ancestors of Europeans, Middle Easterners, and Asians) have enjoyed much better lifestyles and have ruled the world for a long time.

I don't say any of that to say that any one race is better than another, but I only wanted to say that curses are real and curses can be broken. Curses that are upon a group of people can individually be broken and have been many times over the years. We live in a spiritual world and the sins of our ancestors are passed on to our lives. That goes for all races.

lonny23
01-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Just because you don't agree with it, you think it uneducated? Who's to say that you aren't the uneducated one?

The funny thing to me is that I was not at all raised to believe the things I believe. I didn't get this way until I got out on my own and started having to work for living. Started go out and being amongst all kinds of people.
Why not discuss it? That's part of the problem with this country. Nobody wants to really discuss anything. The moment you disagree, everybody wants to just drop it.

I find it interesting that you are able to mate with someone of a different race. I don't want to offend you, so I'll be carefull how I word this part.. But I could never be with someone of another race. I have never felt any kind of attraction to any other race. I don't see other races as animals or anything like that, but I just don't feel anything for them. I will say that seeing mixed couples does (honestly) make me sick to my stomach. It has my whole life that I can remember. It's odd to me.
I'll tell ya something else that is odd to me. I can read or watch any of this leftist propaganda designed to make me "not hate" other people and it makes me feel more the way I feel.
I'm reading a book currently called 100 Little Hitlers by this Jewish woman. I'm certain there is some other point than what I am getting from it. But I just don't see it. You know how people can look at the "ink blot" tests and see many different things? It's kind of like that. Whatever communist point they are trying to get at completely goes by me unnoticed. It really does reconfirm everything I already feel. There are some things I'll read or watch several times to try and get the point intended. It never happens. It bothers me because I read a lot. Moreso than 2 or 3 average people. I try to always keep a mostly open mind about things. I am rarely completely decided on things. I am always waiting to be proven wrong.
On the racial issue, that never happens. I pay to close attention. I see what is really going on and I don't like it.
There is nothing on the surface wrong with interracial marriages. The 2 people bring different cultures to the table, but they can agree to mesh the separate cultures. God didn't want the Jews to mix with others in the Bible because of those false religions that didn't worship God. An interracial marriage does bring up the chance that religious beliefs of both partners might be different.

Deep down, it seems like you feel like being white is better than being another race. That's not true, though. All I can say is that being white has been more of a blessing over the years than being another race. God loves us all the same. He doesn't think the rich guy is any better than the poor guy. We have to break the curses upon our lives and the lives of our ancestors are what determine the curses we need to break.

lonny23
01-11-2006, 12:07 PM

All I can say is it's shrewd marketing on their part. You have a group of black guys that make clothes that black people want to wear. It's urban wear, so anybody can choose to dress that way, but you have instant clothing credibility if the people marketing a clothing line are the same race as the primary customers.

It's very easy on the surface. Is a black person going to buy clothes that a white guy makes or the clothes that a black guy makes? Pretty much everybody is going to think that the black guy has a better idea what they want. It's the same reason black guys go to black barbers. They know that guy will know how to cut his hair.

Another part of the discussion is just out and out pride for your race/background. White people like to see other white people be successful. Black people want other blacks to succeed. It's the same reason I buy Dr Pepper for it's taste, but the company is from Texas, too.

lonny23
01-11-2006, 12:11 PM
I can't say that Tommy Hilfiger said what he's attributed to say. All I ever heard was that he said, 'I don't make clothes for black people." Many have said that he was saying he didn't want black people to wear his clothes, but I've always said there was a just as big of a chance to that he meant he didn't pattern his clohting line to just one race of people and that whoever liked his clothes could wear them.

lonny23
01-11-2006, 12:12 PM
You do forget the age of some people though.....I myself am 17
Nice signature wise guy!:D

Yes, you guys deserve to be in the playoffs the way you closed the season out. I picked you to go to the Super Bowl.

lonny23
01-11-2006, 12:17 PM

He shouldn't care who buys stuff as long as people buy it.

Redneckn
01-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Deep down, it seems like you feel like being white is better than being another race. That's not true, though. All I can say is that being white has been more of a blessing over the years than being another race. God loves us all the same. He doesn't think the rich guy is any better than the poor guy. We have to break the curses upon our lives and the lives of our ancestors are what determine the curses we need to break.

I think its better for me... I dont see myself as any smarter or better because of my being White. I'm better because I just am. It has nothing at all to do with my color.

I don't think God picks one over the other either. I've never thought that. I don't know Gods heart as he knows mine.

Reaganrattler07
01-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Nice signature wise guy!:D

Yes, you guys deserve to be in the playoffs the way you closed the season out. I picked you to go to the Super Bowl.

Lol, I was gonna do someone else, but yours just so happened to be there!...and it was better than the other one.

Reaganrattler07
01-11-2006, 07:29 PM
I can't say that Tommy Hilfiger said what he's attributed to say. All I ever heard was that he said, 'I don't make clothes for black people." Many have said that he was saying he didn't want black people to wear his clothes, but I've always said there was a just as big of a chance to that he meant he didn't pattern his clohting line to just one race of people and that whoever liked his clothes could wear them.

What he was probably saying was that his styles were probably based on another race. I agree he probably wasn't saying "I don't want black people to wear my clothing"....I just think it was based more on another racial group. Like it was said earlier Ambercrombie and Fitch and AE is more of higher/middle class type of clothing.

stevefoxsc
01-11-2006, 11:52 PM

But if your steak's are perfect people wouldn't have to add sauce, and you would know that some people perfer stuff differently some people love ketchup up over everything or extra salty medium rare or extra rare just like clothes people don't all have the same taste. Like your steak example if i had one of your steak's and i thought it lacked somthing because of my taste ima put what i think it need's on the steak like it or not, just like clothes some people are gona wear the thing's the way they want it like it or not because they perfer it regardless of what you think.

Redneckn
01-12-2006, 09:12 AM
But if your steak's are perfect people wouldn't have to add sauce, and you would know that some people perfer stuff differently some people love ketchup up over everything or extra salty medium rare or extra rare just like clothes people don't all have the same taste. Like your steak example if i had one of your steak's and i thought it lacked somthing because of my taste ima put what i think it need's on the steak like it or not, just like clothes some people are gona wear the thing's the way they want it like it or not because they perfer it regardless of what you think.

You have somewhat of a point with that. My response to that is this: Some people are just f-ing stupid and nothing can be done to save them. Some of these same people wear close that fall off their body.

The difference is that my steaks, no matter how they are prepared or eaten, dont HAVE to offend anyone. They can not eat it. Clothes falling off bodies are in my face all the time. I HAVE to go into public places. They should HAVE to wear clothes that fit.
Back in Shreveport (bossier actually) they built a nice new shopping area on the Red River. They have a "No sagging clothes" policy. They will toss you outta the place for it. We were there a few weeks back. We spent about an hour walking around with a cellfone. Everytime we saw someone with sagging clothes, we called securtity and had them removed. Why were they so eager to cater to us? Because sagging clothes offends us and they didn't want us to take our money elsewhere. The simple fact of it is that we're gonna spend some money there. Sagging pants were not. Sagging pants were just hanging around doing nothing and looking for something to steal.
That was during the Christmas shopping boom. We got a letter from them stating: "Mr. Redneckn, thank you so much shopping with our stores. We regret you had to call to report those breaking our rules. This was our first Christmas shopping season and we were not fully prepared to deal with the masses of people. Rest assure this kind of situation will not happen again as we have made the proper arrangements to be fully staffed. On behalf of our retailers, thank you for shopping with us."
People do not like to see sagging pants. It deters folks from places. Evidently, people are starting to realize that in order to stay in business, they are going to have to regulate whom they allow.

dada
01-12-2006, 09:21 AM
You have somewhat of a point with that. My response to that is this: Some people are just f-ing stupid and nothing can be done to save them. Some of these same people wear close that fall off their body.

The difference is that my steaks, no matter how they are prepared or eaten, dont HAVE to offend anyone. They can not eat it. Clothes falling off bodies are in my face all the time. I HAVE to go into public places. They should HAVE to wear clothes that fit.
Back in Shreveport (bossier actually) they built a nice new shopping area on the Red River. They have a "No sagging clothes" policy. They will toss you outta the place for it. We were there a few weeks back. We spent about an hour walking around with a cellfone. Everytime we saw someone with sagging clothes, we called securtity and had them removed. Why were they so eager to cater to us? Because sagging clothes offends us and they didn't want us to take our money elsewhere. The simple fact of it is that we're gonna spend some money there. Sagging pants were not. Sagging pants were just hanging around doing nothing and looking for something to steal.
That was during the Christmas shopping boom. We got a letter from them stating: "Mr. Redneckn, thank you so much shopping with our stores. We regret you had to call to report those breaking our rules. This was our first Christmas shopping season and we were not fully prepared to deal with the masses of people. Rest assure this kind of situation will not happen again as we have made the proper arrangements to be fully staffed. On behalf of our retailers, thank you for shopping with us."
People do not like to see sagging pants. It deters folks from places. Evidently, people are starting to realize that in order to stay in business, they are going to have to regulate whom they allow.
I sagg.....all the way to the bank and deposit checks and have friends of all sizes, races, colors...etc. Next time I see a guy on a skateboard I'm calling the cops...that kid HAS to be high on marijuana.

lonny23
01-12-2006, 10:55 AM
I sagg.....all the way to the bank and deposit checks and have friends of all sizes, races, colors...etc. Next time I see a guy on a skateboard I'm calling the cops...that kid HAS to be high on marijuana.
This is getting ridiculous. You already said you have a respectable job (that let's you forward emails and talk on message boards during the workday!:p ) and let it all hang out (figuratively and literally!:D ) when you're off work. Your clothes are a popular style and many people that wear them are hard-working honest citizens. I don't dress like that, but it's crazy to automatically say those who do are looking to steal stuff. Yes, some do steal, but more just choose to dress that way. I wear a lot of large hockey jerseys and that style was popular before we had Sean Jean and Fubu.

Redneckn
01-12-2006, 10:56 AM

Kid prolly is. Skaters are known for being anarchists and communists. Please do call the law on them. Chances are they are s'posed to be skating there anyway.

While you may "sag" all the way to the bank and such. Most of those that "sag", are sagging their way to living off my dime (tax) and generally being useless. Most of them. I realize that it usually isn't a good thing to generalize, but sometimes it is. When the numbers are as great as what they are, you kinda need to generalize in this case.
Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Redneckn
01-12-2006, 10:58 AM
This is getting ridiculous. You already said you have a respectable job (that let's you forward emails and talk on message boards during the workday!:p ) and let it all hang out (figuratively and literally!:D ) when you're off work. Your clothes are a popular style and many people that wear them are hard-working honest citizens. I don't dress like that, but it's crazy to automatically say those who do are looking to steal stuff. Yes, some do steal, but more just choose to dress that way. I wear a lot of large hockey jerseys and that style was popular before we had Sean Jean and Fubu.

They aren't actually looking to steal stuff. But they are generally useless. Again, not every single one of them, but most. And by most, I would venture to say that over 75% of them.
Even if they weren't useless and up to no good, why would you want to emulate a style that is known for being useless and up to know good?

dada
01-12-2006, 11:18 AM
I work hard for a living, but I'm also a product of my environment....if I grew wearing Armani suits I would wear them when I got off and went to the grocery store...when I'm out looking for clothing I don't go in and ask the salesman "Sir...where are the clothes made by BLACK designers?"...I go buy what I Know and what I feel comfortable in. Some people need to come from up under their umbrella and see that the rain stopped A LONG time ago and they are actually missing some really good days....I grew up a "THUG" I guess....I never robbed or stole....but I grew up in the hood....as long as I lived in that bubble I only cared about the hood....and eveyone NOT in the "Hood" had to be against me automatically, so I hated them...not knowing a damn thing about them...I hated them because they didn't live under the same bubble I did...they were enemy by default....I joined the army and realized that the world was so much bigger than I thought it was then I was under the bubble and that for the first 16-17 years of my life I was missing out....I met new people and learned new things...that opened my eyes...unfortunately everyone didnt make that descion so they will go on through their ENTIRE life under their bubble of hate and beleifs....just like a goldfish in a bowl....they will spend their ENTIRE life right there and hate the fish that are in the ocean and call them sellouts because they choose to leave their "OWN" alone and go out to open ocean that has no limits.......This is my last post under this topic.

lonny23
01-12-2006, 11:57 AM
I work hard for a living, but I'm also a product of my environment....if I grew wearing Armani suits I would wear them when I got off and went to the grocery store...when I'm out looking for clothing I don't go in and ask the salesman "Sir...where are the clothes made by BLACK designers?"...I go buy what I Know and what I feel comfortable in. Some people need to come from up under their umbrella and see that the rain stopped A LONG time ago and they are actually missing some really good days....I grew up a "THUG" I guess....I never robbed or stole....but I grew up in the hood....as long as I lived in that bubble I only cared about the hood....and eveyone NOT in the "Hood" had to be against me automatically, so I hated them...not knowing a damn thing about them...I hated them because they didn't live under the same bubble I did...they were enemy by default....I joined the army and realized that the world was so much bigger than I thought it was then I was under the bubble and that for the first 16-17 years of my life I was missing out....I met new people and learned new things...that opened my eyes...unfortunately everyone didnt make that descion so they will go on through their ENTIRE life under their bubble of hate and beleifs....just like a goldfish in a bowl....they will spend their ENTIRE life right there and hate the fish that are in the ocean and call them sellouts because they choose to leave their "OWN" alone and go out to open ocean that has no limits.......This is my last post under this topic.
I want to thank you for posting as much as you have in this thread. I know it's not easy to stay calm and keep your cool with some of the things that have been said. I think one of the biggest benefits to military service is seeing how ALL of us need EACH other. We don't care about color or race when it comes to getting the job done. We don't even care what our friends look like or who we eat with. Naturally, I see what a person looks like on the outside and we always categorize people by their different characteristics (color, weight, beauty or lack thereof), but that doesn't affect how we look at people or change my behavior. The military has come a long ways just since I joined. I don't see any of the guarded animosity between the races anymore that I saw when I joined. I know some still feel that way, but I can say that all parties have moved closer to each other and the military is better for it. It all started when more white people started listening to hip-hop music. I don't listen to hip-hop, but the change in dress by white people made black people closer to us and us closer to them. Problems are always resolved when both parties decide they want to meet in the middle and find similarities.

Redneckn
01-12-2006, 12:03 PM
I want to thank you for posting as much as you have in this thread. I know it's not easy to stay calm and keep your cool with some of the things that have been said. I think one of the biggest benefits to military service is seeing how ALL of us need EACH other. We don't care about color or race when it comes to getting the job done. We don't even care what our friends look like or who we eat with. Naturally, I see what a person looks like on the outside and we always categorize people by their different characteristics (color, weight, beauty or lack thereof), but that doesn't affect how we look at people or change my behavior. The military has come a long ways just since I joined. I don't see any of the guarded animosity between the races anymore that I saw when I joined. I know some still feel that way, but I can say that all parties have moved closer to each other and the military is better for it. It all started when more white people started listening to hip-hop music. I don't listen to hip-hop, but the change in dress by white people made black people closer to us and us closer to them. Problems are always resolved when both parties decide they want to meet in the middle and find similarities.

Lonny... You are so far gone...
You sit and thank Dada because he could have lost his cool at some of the thigns said? What things would that be? We have all participated in this discussion and I can't see where anybody should have lost their cool over anything said.

It did not "start" when White kids started listening to hip-hop. It started long before that.

lonny23
01-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Lonny... You are so far gone...
You sit and thank Dada because he could have lost his cool at some of the thigns said? What things would that be? We have all participated in this discussion and I can't see where anybody should have lost their cool over anything said.

It did not "start" when White kids started listening to hip-hop. It started long before that.
The first thing was when you said the guys who dress like the current hip-hop style are up to no good. Dada dresses that way, but he's an upstanding citizen. At one time, I might agree with part of your reasoning, but there are so many people who wear urban gear now, that it's a gross misstatement to say that anymore. I spent 4 years in Korea and there were a lot of shops right outside of Osan AB that sold and made sports jerseys when I got up there in 1997. I left the country in 2001 and during that time, the amount of urban gear just exploded and they made less and less jerseys and rapidly made and sold more urban gear. The market for clothes like that just exploded. Everybody was buying Fubu stuff over there. All of the customers were people who had day jobs defending our country.

Redneckn
01-12-2006, 12:17 PM
The first thing was when you said the guys who dress like the current hip-hop style are up to no good. Dada dresses that way, but he's an upstanding citizen. At one time, I might agree with part of your reasoning, but there are so many people who wear urban gear now, that it's a gross misstatement to say that anymore. I spent 4 years in Korea and there were a lot of shops right outside of Osan AB that sold and made sports jerseys when I got up there in 1997. I left the country in 2001 and during that time, the amount of urban gear just exploded and they made less and less jerseys and rapidly made and sold more urban gear. The market for clothes like that just exploded. Everybody was buying Fubu stuff over there. All of the customers were people who had day jobs defending our country.

And I recanted and said that "most" are up to no good. And even if they aren't, why would they want to appear as such. I still wonder that...

The people buying that crap are defending our country... And we wonder whats wrong with our military...

Urban gear... I like that term.. I'll use that as a "diverse" term for "looking like they're up to no good". thanks...

I keep waiting for you to apoligize for being White... That'll be next.:(

lonny23
01-12-2006, 12:58 PM
And I recanted and said that "most" are up to no good. And even if they aren't, why would they want to appear as such. I still wonder that...

The people buying that crap are defending our country... And we wonder whats wrong with our military...

Urban gear... I like that term.. I'll use that as a "diverse" term for "looking like they're up to no good". thanks...

I keep waiting for you to apoligize for being White... That'll be next.:(
What's wrong with our military is that we have crappy people with no values and no work ethic. They're white, black, Hispanic, and Asian. They listen to rap, hip-hop, R&B, alternative, country, and rock. It's not limited to just one segment of the population and it's not even about age. I can figure out pretty quickly how a person is.

I'll never apologize for being white. I'm proud to be white and don't want to be anything else. I'm glad that I speak the same language as my ancestors and my favorite countries in the world are the English-speaking countries. If I was black, I would want to know a lot about my ancestors and my heritage. Everybody should be that way and we should all be proud of our heritage.

Redneckn
01-12-2006, 01:34 PM
What's wrong with our military is that we have crappy people with no values and no work ethic. They're white, black, Hispanic, and Asian. They listen to rap, hip-hop, R&B, alternative, country, and rock. It's not limited to just one segment of the population and it's not even about age. I can figure out pretty quickly how a person is.

I'll never apologize for being white. I'm proud to be white and don't want to be anything else. I'm glad that I speak the same language as my ancestors and my favorite countries in the world are the English-speaking countries. If I was black, I would want to know a lot about my ancestors and my heritage. Everybody should be that way and we should all be proud of our heritage.

Ok, the "sorry for being white" thing was a cheap shot... Sorry..

You're right... All kinds of people make the military terrible... But it all goes hand in hand...Diversity is what is bringing this country to its knees... How do I know this? When did this country start getting sucky? 1960's...When did being "diverse" become more important than anything else? 1960's...

Anyway. This is starting to go in one of those directions where it doesnt need to be going currently.

lonny23
01-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Ok, the "sorry for being white" thing was a cheap shot... Sorry..

You're right... All kinds of people make the military terrible... But it all goes hand in hand...Diversity is what is bringing this country to its knees... How do I know this? When did this country start getting sucky? 1960's...When did being "diverse" become more important than anything else? 1960's...

Anyway. This is starting to go in one of those directions where it doesnt need to be going currently.
The 1960's is when they took prayer out of school. That's the problem. They made abortion legal in the 70's. They made alcohol legal again in the 30's. At some point in the 20's or 30's is when they made gambling legal in Nevada and Atlantic City.

The truth is this country took a turn for the worst when we followed lock-step along with the agenda that the Soviet Union had for this country and they published the goals in the Congressional Record in 1963 and did the stuff anyway. Here is a link to the goals they had and you can see how this country went downhill. It has nothing to do with the diversity because diverse people can still be loyal to this country.
http://www.rense.com/general32/americ.htm

KT2000
01-12-2006, 02:26 PM
I've never been big on "character" labels of any kind. I grew up middle class here in Katy, and also spent a couple years in Chicago. Here in Katy, our neighbors to one side were from Venezuela and across the street was a big El Salvador family (via New York). I've been lucky enough to have friends across the entire ethic/financial/etc. spectrum because of where I grew up.

Things like clothes and music are all about style, expression and personal preference to me. People go with what's popular, and what they grow up with basically. I don't see them as character labels although some do choose to show that with the way they dress and the music they listen to. For most though, I think it's just what they like and not who they are. You can never really know about character (except in the more extreme cases) until you get to know someone.

It makes me laugh to think there will be people in old folks homes eventually who listen to rap, heavy metal or boy/girl band pop because that's what they grew up with. Any future kids/nephews/nieces I might have will make fun of me when I tell them I played Atari, Sega Genesis and Nintendo 64.

I was a junior at Katy when the Columbine tragedy happened, and remember people talking about how the kids who shot up the school listened to heavy music and played shoot 'em up video games. They tried to tag the blame on that which is stupid in my opinion. I was hoping they'd put the blame where it belonged and just say the kids who did that were out of their damn minds as opposed to try and tag it on a band or video game (which some did).

Something similar is happening in the war on terror. Some have labeled being Islam as a "dirty" religion because of 9/11 and other events. I don't agree with that. A radical minority has twisted their beliefs to fuel and justify hatred dating back thousands of years, but I don't use that as a blanket label on all who follow Islam. The ironic thing is Islam and Judaism could be mistaken for the same thing on the surface. They share many basic beliefs across the board. The Old Testament and parts of the Koran aren't all that different in regard to the principle dogma presented when you break it down.

Redneckn
01-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Good link Lonny... The last 2 points mentioned on the page are the ones I find really interesting...

lonny23
01-12-2006, 02:32 PM
This country was NOT better during segregation. I know it's easy to look at somebody who looks different and blame problems on them, but we all have our faults and none of us have a clean house. The 60's will go down in history as the best and worst decade of our history. It was the biggest part of the breakdown of our moral structure and the beginning of the rebuilding of our nation in the middle of a war that divided the country when they eliminated segregation. Those diverse actions are not related to each other.

lonny23
01-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Good link Lonny... The last 2 points mentioned on the page are the ones I find really interesting...
I had a feeling you'd like the last 2. The only reason I chose that link is because the other one's that list the 45 ACTUAL goals only are blocked for me.

Redneckn
01-12-2006, 02:43 PM
This country was NOT better during segregation. I know it's easy to look at somebody who looks different and blame problems on them, but we all have our faults and none of us have a clean house. The 60's will go down in history as the best and worst decade of our history. It was the biggest part of the breakdown of our moral structure and the beginning of the rebuilding of our nation in the middle of a war that divided the country when they eliminated segregation. Those diverse actions are not related to each other.

No, because it was done in the wrong manner.
It's going to end up being segregated again...Only this time, it will be White people that are pushed out and isolated. In the end, there will be "pockets" of White folks. Perhaps some states will be mostly Whites. If we're lucky. This will all go down within the next 50 years more than likely. Sooner if we can't get an honest politician in office. (oxy-moron, I know.)

KT2000
01-12-2006, 03:09 PM
No, because it was done in the wrong manner.
It's going to end up being segregated again...Only this time, it will be White people that are pushed out and isolated. In the end, there will be "pockets" of White folks. Perhaps some states will be mostly Whites. If we're lucky. This will all go down within the next 50 years more than likely. Sooner if we can't get an honest politician in office. (oxy-moron, I know.)

Not to be a smart a**, but I read a similar quote to what you just typed word for word in a Huntsville, Alabama article that appeared in my grandparents' newspaper in North Carolina about "the southern rights".

I don't think we want to go down this road.

lonny23
01-12-2006, 03:30 PM
I've never been big on "character" labels of any kind. I grew up middle class here in Katy, and also spent a couple years in Chicago. Here in Katy, our neighbors to one side were from Venezuela and across the street was a big El Salvador family (via New York). I've been lucky enough to have friends across the entire ethic/financial/etc. spectrum because of where I grew up.

Things like clothes and music are all about style, expression and personal preference to me. People go with what's popular, and what they grow up with basically. I don't see them as character labels although some do choose to show that with the way they dress and the music they listen to. For most though, I think it's just what they like and not who they are. You can never really know about character (except in the more extreme cases) until you get to know someone.

It makes me laugh to think there will be people in old folks homes eventually who listen to rap, heavy metal or boy/girl band pop because that's what they grew up with. Any future kids/nephews/nieces I might have will make fun of me when I tell them I played Atari, Sega Genesis and Nintendo 64.

I was a junior at Katy when the Columbine tragedy happened, and remember people talking about how the kids who shot up the school listened to heavy music and played shoot 'em up video games. They tried to tag the blame on that which is stupid in my opinion. I was hoping they'd put the blame where it belonged and just say the kids who did that were out of their damn minds as opposed to try and tag it on a band or video game (which some did).

Something similar is happening in the war on terror. Some have labeled being Islam as a "dirty" religion because of 9/11 and other events. I don't agree with that. A radical minority has twisted their beliefs to fuel and justify hatred dating back thousands of years, but I don't use that as a blanket label on all who follow Islam. The ironic thing is Islam and Judaism could be mistaken for the same thing. They share many beliefs across the board. The Old Testament and the Koran aren't all that different in regard to the principle dogma presented when you break it down.
Jesus and the Old Testament saints through Moses are mentioned in the Koran. The big difference is the Koran doesn't agree with the deity of Jesus or say he actually died on the cross. The hatred parts and acceptance of other religions are both in the Koran and the radicals have focused on the parts that say to kill other's with alternate religious beliefs.

KT2000
01-12-2006, 03:43 PM
My mistake on my post above. That should read the Old Testament (Torah) and parts of the Koran are very similar.

lonny23
01-12-2006, 04:03 PM
My mistake on my post above. That should read the Old Testament (Torah) and parts of the Koran are very similar.
When he says Torah, that's Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. Moses wrote the Torah. Everything after that was written by other men. Abraham was the father of Judaism through Isaac and Islam through Ishmael. His descendents started both religions and have been fighting for 4000 years ever since Sarah banished Hagar and Ishmael.

Redneckn
01-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Not to be a smart a**, but I read a similar quote to what you just typed word for word in a Huntsville, Alabama article that appeared in my grandparents' newspaper in North Carolina about "the southern rights".

I don't think we want to go down this road.

I don't think you're being a smartarse at all.

When did you read this quote? Age of paper?

I know people have said that kind of thing before. They could have been right. Why weren't they? I could only guess.

Why I think my comment is true for America today? Look at how many we have jumping the border every day. Look at...uh.. well.. rabbits is all I'll say.
Then look at the ever-increasing "non-White" populations that continue to grow.
Then look at how the White male is portrayed on the tube all the time. Look at how they (the man? :eek: ) encourages White women to NOT mate with a White man. Be it birth control, abortion, race-mixing, ect...
There are fewer and fewer White births every year. All the while, we are taking in non-whites and non-white children have a higher birth rate.
By non-White, I mean any non-White. That would include mixed w/Whites. Those are non-Whites as well.

There was a book I read some years back about America had the South won and the races were segregated... blah blah blah... I'll have to find the book and post the name.. Was a really interesting read... As usual, it made me want just that even more contrary to how they wanted it to make me feel...

Redneckn
01-12-2006, 04:15 PM
When he says Torah, that's Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. Moses wrote the Torah. Everything after that was written by other men. Abraham was the father of Judaism through Isaac and Islam through Ishmael. His descendents started both religions and have been fighting for 4000 years ever since Sarah banished Hagar and Ishmael.

That's why I have a set of theories for Arabs as well.

lonny23
01-12-2006, 06:41 PM
That's why I have a set of theories for Arabs as well.
What are those theories?

mad_fan
01-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Stop this right now or........I'll Pope you in the eye......

Disclaimer: Don't ban me for being Catholic!!!

Redneckn
01-12-2006, 08:20 PM
What are those theories?

I really can't get into that here...Just not a good idea... Let's just say that they (theories) have to do with ending terrorism for good...That kind of thing...

MAd_fan.What are you talking about???:confused:

Reaganrattler07
01-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Interesting discussion......I just wanna make a quick reference back to the "mall" tidbit about people with sagging clothes and stuff not being able to sit around. That happened here in San Antonio....probably the best mall in the city. And these "saggers" began hangin' around, and eventually started stealing stuff. That mall became the worst and San Antonio and just last year (or a few months ago) the final stores had been cleared out....I just can't think of the name for the life of me right now. It's over by Roosevelt HS

Reaganrattler07
01-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Oh...and just make sure this doesn't happen http://www.thewarpath.net/images/smilies/SHITFAN.gif

Lol, I just had to find somewhere to use that....sorry

Slim-Rob
01-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Interesting discussion......I just wanna make a quick reference back to the "mall" tidbit about people with sagging clothes and stuff not being able to sit around. That happened here in San Antonio....probably the best mall in the city. And these "saggers" began hangin' around, and eventually started stealing stuff. That mall became the worst and San Antonio and just last year (or a few months ago) the final stores had been cleared out....I just can't think of the name for the life of me right now. It's over by Roosevelt HS

Windsor Park Mall.

A lot of New Orleans refugees were staying there, I don't know if they are still there or not though.

Reaganrattler07
01-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Windsor Park Mall.

A lot of New Orleans refugees were staying there, I don't know if they are still there or not though.

That's the one!!! Parents used to shop their quite a bit before it went downhill....

The whole area got pretty bad....Home Depot pulled out....even Wal-Mart pulled out

But I'm not sure if they are holding refugees anymore or not.....

Slim-Rob
01-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Oh...and just make sure this doesn't happen http://www.thewarpath.net/images/smilies/SHITFAN.gif

Lol, I just had to find somewhere to use that....sorry

lol, where'd you get that smiley?

Reaganrattler07
01-12-2006, 09:23 PM
lol, where'd you get that smiley?

Haha, Redskins messageboard...they have some pretty good ones....here are a few:

http://www.thewarpath.net/images/smilies/fighting56.gif (my favorite)

http://www.thewarpath.net/images/smilies/cop.bmp

Redneckn
01-12-2006, 09:42 PM

That same thing happened at the SouthPark mall in Shreveport. The "sag" crews started coming in. The people who actually spent money, well, they went to the other malls of the area. After Southpark closed, the "sag" crews started making their way over to MallSt.Vincent...They beefed up security real good after Dillards started talking about bailing out...
PierreBossierMall has the problem as well. That's why the Riverwalk or Boardwalk or whatever they call it in Bossier is anti-sag. Plus, the sags have taken over the downtown area of Shreveport again. Nobody with any real money to spend goes there. If it werent for the casinos, no money would be in downtown/river area of Shreveport.
When you have large gatherings of sags, its just a matter of time before things get outta control. In Shreveport, they were opening up the fair grounds on the weekends to the "sags" would have somewhere to hang out at, because we all know it is the cities responsibility to entertain them. It wasn't long and some fella found himself shot dead. Happened the year before too.
Sags are do bad things and go around tossing their badness around on everyone else. That's why the only people that want to be around sags are other sags.

Reaganrattler07
01-12-2006, 09:50 PM
That same thing happened at the SouthPark mall in Shreveport. The "sag" crews started coming in. The people who actually spent money, well, they went to the other malls of the area. After Southpark closed, the "sag" crews started making their way over to MallSt.Vincent...They beefed up security real good after Dillards started talking about bailing out...
PierreBossierMall has the problem as well. That's why the Riverwalk or Boardwalk or whatever they call it in Bossier is anti-sag. Plus, the sags have taken over the downtown area of Shreveport again. Nobody with any real money to spend goes there. If it werent for the casinos, no money would be in downtown/river area of Shreveport.
When you have large gatherings of sags, its just a matter of time before things get outta control. In Shreveport, they were opening up the fair grounds on the weekends to the "sags" would have somewhere to hang out at, because we all know it is the cities responsibility to entertain them. It wasn't long and some fella found himself shot dead. Happened the year before too.
Sags are do bad things and go around tossing their badness around on everyone else. That's why the only people that want to be around sags are other sags.

Even "sags" in schools are making trouble (not new, I know). That's kinda why I chose the school I'm going to....not a lot of problems, good kids and good academics.

wide-e-wide
01-12-2006, 10:51 PM
I bet you all would give anything to able to say the N-word in place of "sag"...
And if you weren't on a message board and had fears of being banned...You would.
If you want to say it.....don't be a coward...come out and say it.
That's what you would normally call them right?

Redneckn
01-12-2006, 11:33 PM
I bet you all would give anything to able to say the N-word in place of "sag"...
And if you weren't on a message board and had fears of being banned...You would.

Actually, that is not at all the word I normally use for those you think I'm referring to.

It really has nothing at all to do with cowardice. I don't see any need in pushing a bunch of limits around here to get the admins and other users all in an uproar.
Besides, why get myself banned for no reason?
If I'm itching for a fight with someone over the "n" word, I'll just walk outside my door and sit there for a few mins and the mouth across the breezeway will come walking by so I can insult him to his face in front of his girl like I usually do. I am making this building the "all redneck" building. They are the last holdouts. I've managed to get everybody else evicted for one reason or another. The management here complies because I'm quiet and I keep order around my building. I pay my rent on time, I help the old ladies around here with trash and whatnot. I am an good for the community and they know it.

Let's not all get sideways over this. I do consider all of y'all friends. If those that dont like me.

wide-e-wide
01-12-2006, 11:38 PM
I'll just walk outside my door and sit there for a few mins and the mouth across the breezeway will come walking by so I can insult him to his face in front of his girl

$100 says the guy is black..........and his girlfriend is white.

Tell the truth.

Redneckn
01-12-2006, 11:43 PM
$100 says the guy is black..........and his girlfriend is white.

Tell the truth.

Have I talked about them before? He hates me most of the time. I was polite to him when it iced over here. I brought him some water to put on his windshield to melt the ice.

Honestly, I was leaving them alone until they couldnt manage to keep their fighting in their own unit. I had to step outside 2 or 3 times in 1 nite to tell them to keep it down. I was either listening to a football game online that nite or something else online that nite.. I do recall being online though. Desk was right by the door. I have given her a few lectures about life and stuff. She and I get along pretty good, as neighbors go. He doesnt like me and hasnt since he saw the flags in house when I had the door open that day.

I'm civil to them usually. Unless I'm in a bad mood or they are being loud.

wide-e-wide
01-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Have I talked about them before? He hates me most of the time. I was polite to him when it iced over here. I brought him some water to put on his windshield to melt the ice.

Honestly, I was leaving them alone until they couldnt manage to keep their fighting in their own unit. I had to step outside 2 or 3 times in 1 nite to tell them to keep it down. I was either listening to a football game online that nite or something else online that nite.. I do recall being online though. Desk was right by the door. I have given her a few lectures about life and stuff. She and I get along pretty good, as neighbors go. He doesnt like me and hasnt since he saw the flags in house when I had the door open that day.

I'm civil to them usually. Unless I'm in a bad mood or they are being loud.

flags?

Redneckn
01-12-2006, 11:48 PM
flags?

Yeah...You know, the pieces of cloth folks fun up a pole and salute... :D Sorry..haha..

Yeah. I did have (before Baby moved in) the first Confederate flag, the 3rd Confederate flag, and the Confederate flag of Louisiana in my apartment. I'm pretty far off into all things Civil War so I have a fair amount of replica around my place. And a few items that are relic.

wide-e-wide
01-12-2006, 11:57 PM
You do realize the picture you are painting of yourself don't you?
You state publicly that when you see interracial couples it makes you "sick to your stomach"
You state publicly that you have not one,not two...but three confederate flags in your home...

I mean...I've never seen you in person. But I can't help but picture a bald guy with black boots and neo-Nazi tats on various parts of the body. Of course I could be wrong.

lonny23
01-13-2006, 09:10 AM
That was Windsor Park Mall and that place was starting to die out when I came to San Antonio for 7-level school in 1998. Even back then, North Star Mall was the best mall. Central Park Mall right next to North Star was also dying out in 1998 and it was dead by time I got back to town in 2001 when Sears was the only store left.

It's not because of saggers.

Redneckn
01-13-2006, 09:11 AM
You state publicly that when you see interracial couples it makes you "sick to your stomach"
You state publicly that you have not one,not two...but three confederate flags in your home...

I mean...I've never seen you in person. But I can't help but picture a bald guy with black boots and neo-Nazi tats on various parts of the body. Of course I could be wrong.

You're almost right... I'm bald most of the time... Sometimes my hair gets long. About 1/2 inch. That's about all I can stand... I start to feel like a hippy and I have to shave it. I shave my head for no other reason than I'm too lazy to get up in the morning and fix my hair.
I own 1 pair of shoes.. They are black "dress" shoes for when someone dies and that kind of thing. Otherwise, it is large black boots...Or work boots with steel toes...
I do not have neo-nasi tattoos anywhere on my body... And don't plan too. I am not a nasi and do not associate with any. Nor am in the clan and do not associate with any members.
I don't sit around reading things about Hitler and thinking of him being great. He was a brilliant man, but he was extremely misguided and extreme to the point of madness. I tried to read mienKampf once.. It just came across as the ramblings of a mad man to me...

As far as a picture of myself I tend to paint. The picture of myself is all in the perception of the viewer. I don't go around looking for trouble or anything like that.. If I gave a crap what people think of me, I wouldnt say half the things I say. There are a few people I want to think of me in a particular way and they do. They think of me exactly in the manner I want to think of me. They know they can count on me for anything 110% of the time. No questions asked.

lonny23
01-13-2006, 09:25 AM
BINGO. You're 100% dead-on right.

Reaganrattler07
01-13-2006, 09:39 AM

Nope...saggers consist of all races

Reaganrattler07
01-13-2006, 09:40 AM
That was Windsor Park Mall and that place was starting to die out when I came to San Antonio for 7-level school in 1998. Even back then, North Star Mall was the best mall. Central Park Mall right next to North Star was also dying out in 1998 and it was dead by time I got back to town in 2001 when Sears was the only store left.

It's not because of saggers.

One could say that in defense....but why did Home Depot and Wal-Mart all pull out? Cause the saggers kept stealing all of their stuff and businesses were losing money.

Reaganrattler07
01-13-2006, 09:42 AM
You're almost right... I'm bald most of the time... Sometimes my hair gets long. About 1/2 inch. That's about all I can stand... I start to feel like a hippy and I have to shave it. I shave my head for no other reason than I'm too lazy to get up in the morning and fix my hair.
I own 1 pair of shoes.. They are black "dress" shoes for when someone dies and that kind of thing. Otherwise, it is large black boots...Or work boots with steel toes...
I do not have neo-nasi tattoos anywhere on my body... And don't plan too. I am not a nasi and do not associate with any. Nor am in the clan and do not associate with any members.
I don't sit around reading things about Hitler and thinking of him being great. He was a brilliant man, but he was extremely misguided and extreme to the point of madness. I tried to read mienKampf once.. It just came across as the ramblings of a mad man to me...

As far as a picture of myself I tend to paint. The picture of myself is all in the perception of the viewer. I don't go around looking for trouble or anything like that.. If I gave a crap what people think of me, I wouldnt say half the things I say. There are a few people I want to think of me in a particular way and they do. They think of me exactly in the manner I want to think of me. They know they can count on me for anything 110% of the time. No questions asked.

No, due to the fact that we accept that their are bad people in our society that run down areas and run out businesses, we're somehow nazis......

Redneckn
01-13-2006, 10:33 AM
BINGO. You're 100% dead-on right.

Didn't you see my post regarding that subject?

OILERDT54
01-13-2006, 10:37 AM
this is not a good channel a all. all they play is rap. its like they dont get enough of it on mtv. where's the Heavy Metal at?

Redneckn
01-13-2006, 10:40 AM
One could say that in defense....but why did Home Depot and Wal-Mart all pull out? Cause the saggers kept stealing all of their stuff and businesses were losing money.

People are never going to admit the real reason for that kind of thing. It's not politically correct to do so. You can know why, I can know it, everybody can and does know it. But they are not going to step outside their house and say why because they will be beat down (one fashion or another) and labeled a nazi.
I'm a little surprised you're as young as you are and aren't afraid to call it what it is....

Redneckn
01-13-2006, 10:41 AM
this is not a good channel a all. all they play is rap. its like they dont get enough of it on mtv. where's the Heavy Metal at?

I don't know if there is a station for that anymore... I get dvd's and watch stuff online...or go to local shows when I can...

lonny23
01-13-2006, 12:07 PM

I had a whole list of quotes that I was going to respond to, but I'll say this.

Diversity is good. When I was younger, I sounded liked some of these guys that have never gotten out and mixed with other races. The people that have talked up diversity on here have all been in the military and we know how we have to be a team regardless of what we look like. It taught us we're more alike than we act like at times and we know we can have fun with each other. I don't like all white people and I don't like everybody I meet of other races. It's a personal thing and not a racial thing that determines how we act. Some of us have bi-racial families and all of us that talk diversity show everyday that color doesn't matter. It's ignorance that separates the races. These guys are my friends. I don't care if they're black or Hispanic. I could care less what color their wives and kids are, too.

Redneckn
01-13-2006, 12:13 PM
I had a whole list of quotes that I was going to respond to, but I'll say this.

Diversity is good. When I was younger, I sounded liked some of these guys that have never gotten out and mixed with other races. The people that have talked up diversity on here have all been in the military and we know how we have to be a team regardless of what we look like. It taught us we're more alike than we act like at times and we know we can have fun with each other. I don't like all white people and I don't like everybody I meet of other races. It's a personal thing and not a racial thing that determines how we act. Some of us have bi-racial families and all of us that talk diversity show everyday that color doesn't matter. It's ignorance that separates the races. These guys are my friends. I don't care if they're black or Hispanic. I could care less what color their wives and kids are, too.

Well, good luck to ya... Just know that no matter how much you think these people are you friends, given the right chance, they'll stab you in the back so fast it'll make your head spin. Snakes with a friendly grin and nothing more. You just haven't had it happen to you directly yet.. But you will. Again, good luck.

mad_fan
01-13-2006, 12:18 PM
I really can't get into that here...Just not a good idea... Let's just say that they (theories) have to do with ending terrorism for good...That kind of thing...

MAd_fan.What are you talking about???:confused:

Sorry...I thought we were digressing...from race to religion...and we don't want to offend anybody...or get banned...

lonny23
01-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Well, good luck to ya... Just know that no matter how much you think these people are you friends, given the right chance, they'll stab you in the back so fast it'll make your head spin. Snakes with a friendly grin and nothing more. You just haven't had it happen to you directly yet.. But you will. Again, good luck.
It's not about color. It's about people's personal character. I've been stabbed in the back by white and black just since I've been deployed. That doesn't make me hate either one of them. I had a black girl call me a racist to other's faces because I gave her a detail when the truth was I gave it to her to balance out the number of details in my section. There are more than a handful of white people I've worked with and for that I say are bad people. I've known Hispanics and African-Americans that I don't care for. On the other hand, some of my favorite people in the world aren't white and they've never stabbed me in the back because I look different. They don't see me for my color and I don't see them for their color. We have different backgrounds and heritages, but we jointly embrace who the other person is. I feel bad that you've had bad experiences with other races, but I want to tell you that they're not all bad.

Redneckn
01-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Sorry...I thought we were digressing...from race to religion...and we don't want to offend anybody...or get banned...

Oh..haha.. ok... I'd never come down on someone for their beliefs and such. So long as it doesnt go against mine.. :D

Redneckn
01-13-2006, 01:04 PM
It's not about color. It's about people's personal character. I've been stabbed in the back by white and black just since I've been deployed. That doesn't make me hate either one of them. I had a black girl call me a racist to other's faces because I gave her a detail when the truth was I gave it to her to balance out the number of details in my section. There are more than a handful of white people I've worked with and for that I say are bad people. I've known Hispanics and African-Americans that I don't care for. On the other hand, some of my favorite people in the world aren't white and they've never stabbed me in the back because I look different. They don't see me for my color and I don't see them for their color. We have different backgrounds and heritages, but we jointly embrace who the other person is. I feel bad that you've had bad experiences with other races, but I want to tell you that they're not all bad.

I dont think they're all bad.. I just think we all do better living seperately.
I'm glad you're the poster child for diversity. I really do hope it all works out for you. But know that 80% of the problems with this country are rooted in people trying to be more "diverse".
Personally, I've not had any more bad experiences than the next guy. But I see where all this crap is taking my country and I dont like it. I respect everyone, I just don't want some other culture force fed everytime I try and watch tv, or go out, ect...

Again, I know you think they dont see you as being any color and blah blah blah. You're wrong.

I'll tell ya a story. Years back I there was an old black janitor at our building, where I worked. He was also a preacher. He and I used to talk all the time on breaks. We were friends. I was in the crapper one day because I had been out drinking the nite before. I hear him in the main part of the bathroom cleaning on something. I hear the door. Then I hear one of the black guys from the warehouse: "Hey Mr. Battle, how you doin today?" They proceed to have small talk. Then the warehouse fella goes to making racket about getting in trouble for sleeping on the forklift instead of doing his job. Then I hear Mr. Battle go to just bashing the management. Not because they were management, but because they were White. On and on he went about how they were singling out blacks and putting them in crap positions to try and keep them down. Which was not the case at all. I know for fact as I got passed up and layed off several times because of my being White. Didnt matter who was better at doing the job. Anyway. This went on for about 10 mins. Finally warehouse fella leave. I come out of the stall, walk over wash my hands. As I'm leaving, Mr. Battle is just standing there mumbling something about not knowing I was in the stall. I said to him: It doesnt matter if you knew or not. It matters what you said, I just happened to hear it. I've never said another word to him again. Even though for about 4 years after that I still worked there at the same place.

When you think you know all these people, they have their own agendas that do not include anyone but themselves. I have story after story about this very kind of thing. From all over.

lonny23
01-13-2006, 01:36 PM
I dont think they're all bad.. I just think we all do better living seperately.
I'm glad you're the poster child for diversity. I really do hope it all works out for you. But know that 80% of the problems with this country are rooted in people trying to be more "diverse".
Personally, I've not had any more bad experiences than the next guy. But I see where all this crap is taking my country and I dont like it. I respect everyone, I just don't want some other culture force fed everytime I try and watch tv, or go out, ect...

Again, I know you think they dont see you as being any color and blah blah blah. You're wrong.

I'll tell ya a story. Years back I there was an old black janitor at our building, where I worked. He was also a preacher. He and I used to talk all the time on breaks. We were friends. I was in the crapper one day because I had been out drinking the nite before. I hear him in the main part of the bathroom cleaning on something. I hear the door. Then I hear one of the black guys from the warehouse: "Hey Mr. Battle, how you doin today?" They proceed to have small talk. Then the warehouse fella goes to making racket about getting in trouble for sleeping on the forklift instead of doing his job. Then I hear Mr. Battle go to just bashing the management. Not because they were management, but because they were White. On and on he went about how they were singling out blacks and putting them in crap positions to try and keep them down. Which was not the case at all. I know for fact as I got passed up and layed off several times because of my being White. Didnt matter who was better at doing the job. Anyway. This went on for about 10 mins. Finally warehouse fella leave. I come out of the stall, walk over wash my hands. As I'm leaving, Mr. Battle is just standing there mumbling something about not knowing I was in the stall. I said to him: It doesnt matter if you knew or not. It matters what you said, I just happened to hear it. I've never said another word to him again. Even though for about 4 years after that I still worked there at the same place.

When you think you know all these people, they have their own agendas that do not include anyone but themselves. I have story after story about this very kind of thing. From all over.
Everybody has in them the potential to feel that way if they let their mind run away. Most people in this country misplace blame and race is an easy target. We sometimes forget it's not about race, because we're told so much it is about race. I wasn't at your workplace, so I can't agree or disagree with what those 2 guys said or if you're right. You might be right. Hey, my race has been used against me before and I've told black people about it. Obviously, they all have legitimate stories when race was used against them. Many times, what you see and hear is just words to exploit others for their own benefit (regardless of race), but my heart really goes out to all those of various races that have suffered because of their color.

Reaganrattler07
01-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Everybody has in them the potential to feel that way if they let their mind run away. Most people in this country misplace blame and race is an easy target. We sometimes forget it's not about race, because we're told so much it is about race. I wasn't at your workplace, so I can't agree or disagree with what those 2 guys said or if you're right. You might be right. Hey, my race has been used against me before and I've told black people about it. Obviously, they all have legitimate stories when race was used against them. Many times, what you see and hear is just words to exploit others for their own benefit (regardless of race), but my heart really goes out to all those of various races that have suffered because of their color.

Ya don't say?!

Please, if there is a disagreement in this country the first thing that happens is that one person will throw out the race card.....I've even had people (who are from multiple races) tell me openly that they have used this "race card" as leverage in an argument with someone.

Reaganrattler07
01-14-2006, 11:15 PM
People are never going to admit the real reason for that kind of thing. It's not politically correct to do so. You can know why, I can know it, everybody can and does know it. But they are not going to step outside their house and say why because they will be beat down (one fashion or another) and labeled a nazi.
I'm a little surprised you're as young as you are and aren't afraid to call it what it is....

Whats surprising?

wide-e-wide
01-14-2006, 11:22 PM
I call people who frequent websites of white hate groups and neo-nazi chat rooms...what they are.

Do a little investigating on our friend Redneck'n...seems he is in favor of all things white....and at all costs...real classy guy.

And yes...it's the same guy...Compare some of the things he said on here...to the topics he discussed on there. I'll bet '79 Ford trucks and calling people monkeys are among his favorite topics.

EXPOSED!

still want to be his little buddy Skins88?

Redneckn
01-15-2006, 12:48 AM
I call people who frequent websites of white hate groups and neo-nazi chat rooms...what they are.

Do a little investigating on our friend Redneck'n...seems he is in favor of all things white....and at all costs...real classy guy.

And yes...it's the same guy...Compare some of the things he said on here...to the topics he discussed on there. I'll bet '79 Ford trucks and calling people monkeys are among his favorite topics.

EXPOSED!

still want to be his little buddy Skins88?

I don't participate in any chatrooms anywhere on the web. And haven't in years...

But thank you for taking an interest in me. It's flattering to know that someone is that worried about what's going on with me and my life...
I'm White.. Why wouldn't I be interested in things that about my own culture?
I've not called for kind of violence against any peoples that I can recall...
I've not referred to anybody as a monkey...directly...
I don't just talk about '79Ford trucks... I talk about 70-80 Ford trucks and cars...

If you're going around to webboards looking for me, you'd be surprised how I dont hold a copyright on the word the "Redneck'n", although I should since I'm the one that came up with the idea.

I'm not here recruiting anyone for anything. I've not discussed anything related to this link with anybody other than in this thread. unless you count me telling someone I was sorry for no realizing their age.

Also, I wouldn't day I frequent any site more than this site. Ok, there is a crossword puzzle I work every single day and I read 4 newspapers online everyday as well.

I think you're trying to develop some profile on me or something. Chill out. It'll be ok. I'm not after anyone. I'm not sending people after anyone. I'm just one man with a pro-self opinion. I don't march in streets and carry signs about stuff. In fact, I tend to look down on that kind of activity.

You really can't develop a true knowledge of anybody online. Because there is always that factor of "you cant see them outside of the web".

For all you know, I could really love and drive a 2000 1/2 Ton Silerado that's green in color with tan leather interior. I could not be White. You never really know what it is that you are dealing with online.

You've EXPOSED!!! NOTHING.
Nobody asked me what I read and what sites I go comment at and/or read.

Aside from any of that. What you call people (your first line in post) is of no real concern. When your opinions count, someone will let you know.
But thank you for taking an interest in me. It's flattering to know that someone is that worried about what's going on with me and my life...

wide-e-wide
01-15-2006, 01:35 AM
Actually I didn't take an interest in you...these things were pointed out to me by another poster on this board. I just followed up on it...and found out that what he said was actually true.

Also..............the poster that pointed these things out...is not the first person to PM in regards to you. I have had several conversations.
You've developed quite a reputation for yourself around here.

Of course it is the reputation of a racist,gutless,spineless slimeball...
But hey...you made a name for yourself.

slorch
01-15-2006, 10:56 AM
after browsing through this board, i don't know whether to laugh or cry.
As a person who makes hiring choices, I'm just like a coach- the best person plays. I have people working for me that I don't neccessarily agree with their lifestyles or choices, but I recognize their worth as individuals as well as their contributions to the success of our company. Some of the statements on here are dumbfounding. we all have strengths and opportunities regardless of race. Individually, we all make up the great conconction that is AMERICA. ( synergy= when the Whole is greater than the sum of its individual parts)

If you don't like BET, discontinue your subscription to cable or satelite or whatever your provider is. Put your money where your beliefs are.
You could watch it and POSSIBLY learn something...

I would tell you to move to Antarctica, where everyone is white, but you'd probably have issues with those damned penguins.

Redneckn
01-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Actually I didn't take an interest in you...these things were pointed out to me by another poster on this board. I just followed up on it...and found out that what he said was actually true.

Also..............the poster that pointed these things out...is not the first person to PM in regards to you. I have had several conversations.
You've developed quite a reputation for yourself around here.

Of course it is the reputation of a racist,gutless,spineless slimeball...
But hey...you made a name for yourself.

JesusChrist... I'm terribly hurt that you think that way about me...

So there's several of y'all that have an interest in me? I'm not sure what I think about that... I'm still curious about this "following up" business... How is it that you just know for a matter of fact that posters on all these other boards on the web are me? Do you really think that I am THE ONLY person in Texas with my kind of beliefs? Actually, I may be the only one. I could be the only one that is wilingl to actually have a discussion with those I differ from. Why would anybody come to you concerning me? Do people think we know each other? Do they think we're neighbors? Are you the board cop? Can't be that, you hate cops... That doesnt make sense...Why would they come asking you questions.. I'm sure you've had a discussion or 2 concerning me with 1 or 2 others though... My beliefs really seem to offend you for some odd reason.
People ask questions or discuss things and I discuss back. Would you rather I lie about how I feel?

As usual for you, someone doesnt agree with you on something and start with the name calling juvenile behavior. The board bully at work again... Here, you are trying to do what you always do when people here disagree with your way of thinking...You start slowing and then build and build your insults to the point of getting the other person so mad that they just explode into a tirade threats and curses.. Then they get banned.

That would accomplish what? I'm not the only one here with similar ideals.
If all you're trying to do is get everybody to think your way or get rid of them, then doesnt that mean you and I have the same goal? The difference would be that if people don't agree with me, then they just don't agree. Your tactics only tend to further alienate people. Is that the way to change someones mind? No.

Redneckn
01-15-2006, 12:13 PM
after browsing through this board, i don't know whether to laugh or cry.
As a person who makes hiring choices, I'm just like a coach- the best person plays. I have people working for me that I don't neccessarily agree with their lifestyles or choices, but I recognize their worth as individuals as well as their contributions to the success of our company. Some of the statements on here are dumbfounding. we all have strengths and opportunities regardless of race. Individually, we all make up the great conconction that is AMERICA. ( synergy= when the Whole is greater than the sum of its individual parts)

If you don't like BET, discontinue your subscription to cable or satelite or whatever your provider is. Put your money where your beliefs are.
You could watch it and POSSIBLY learn something...

I would tell you to move to Antarctica, where everyone is white, but you'd probably have issues with those damned penguins.

I've actually had BET removed from my selection completely. I get another discovery station instead.
It isn't that everyone needs to be White. It's that... Nevermind. You'er not gonna get it anyway...

slorch
01-15-2006, 12:54 PM
hey, I'm cool with your opinion. but some of the things on here can't just be shot out there in the name of "public forum" and be beyond reproach.

I commend that you did take action with your subscription- it's YOUR money by golly.

What is it exactly that i would not get? give it a try...

Redneckn
01-15-2006, 01:47 PM
hey, I'm cool with your opinion. but some of the things on here can't just be shot out there in the name of "public forum" and be beyond reproach.

I commend that you did take action with your subscription- it's YOUR money by golly.

What is it exactly that i would not get? give it a try...

I agree. It is a public forum. I generally would not have gotten this far off into the subject on this board. But I let myself be drawn in and I have nobody to blame for that but me.

Truthfully, you're not going to get it and I really see no need in further inflaming anybody. This has already gotten to the edge of being out of hand and that was never my intention. I really thought this was a subject that could openly be discussed as I feel that's part of the problem with this society is that nobody will really sit down and discuss things... Some people simply cannot accept that there are opinions out there that really are not popular with everybody.

wide-e-wide
01-15-2006, 02:44 PM
I agree. It is a public forum. I generally would not have gotten this far off into the subject on this board. But I let myself be drawn in and I have nobody to blame for that but me.

Truthfully, you're not going to get it and I really see no need in further inflaming anybody. This has already gotten to the edge of being out of hand and that was never my intention. I really thought this was a subject that could openly be discussed as I feel that's part of the problem with this society is that nobody will really sit down and discuss things... Some people simply cannot accept that there are opinions out there that really are not popular with everybody.

And some people cannot accept the fact that they are living in the wrong century.

I take issue with several things you have posted. But what was most troubling to me was your statements about interracial couples.

There are probably people on here that will say..."Why does this bother you?..You're white".

Well, that's true I am white. But my children are not white. On their mother's side...their grandparents are black and Creole. They prefer to be called biracial or multiracial.....not black.

But the reason why Redneck'n's comments bother me so much... is because this type of ignorant hatred has been overlooked and tolerated for far too long. He is entitled to his opinion...it's a free country. But when he gives his opinion...I am entitled to point it out...and make as much noise as possible to draw attention to it.

I cannot single-handedly get rid of all racism...I know that. But I can point out every racist hillbilly jackass that I run across. And make sure everyone within earshot knows what he is saying.

Honestly.....because of the way I was treated, and the way my children have been treated...I really have to pray for these people. I become so angry that I want to be as hateful as they are. But that accomplishes nothing...so I try to remain calm. But I WILL not shut up........and I WILL NOT be intimidated by the likes of Redneck'n. I will stand up and tell him to his bigot face.....My children are products of an interracial marriage. And we all know how that makes Redneck'n want to puke........but that's about all his punk *** will do. I promise you...The only way these people have any balls is when they are surrounded by a bunch of their little bald headed buddies.

slorch
01-15-2006, 04:58 PM
love em for who they are... that's the bottom line.

We were at my Mom's for Christmas and she referred to a man at the store as colored. My 7 year old asked me innocently, " what color is he?" I wanted to bust out laughing, but did not want to offend my Mom either. I just told my son that she was using an old term, and she did not mean anything by it, but as far as we were concerned, the man was just another man.

She raised us by the golden rule. I did not go to school with a non-white until 8th grade, yet since then, through sports, military, my job, and my faith, I have been blessed with great relationships with people from very different backgrounds. I have seen bad people of all kinds as well- it's their choices in life that make them different, not their skin. In my Mom's defense, about 4 of my teammates lived in my neighborhood. They happened to be African-American, and they were always welcome to ride home from practice with me, come over to the house, whatever. I was taught that a friend is a friend and that was that.

It is much more work to love and support. That's the bottom line. 1/2 the world is at war because socialogically, they are too lazy to care. They simply take the easy road to hate.:(

Redneckn
01-15-2006, 06:37 PM
And some people cannot accept the fact that they are living in the wrong century.

I take issue with several things you have posted. But what was most troubling to me was your statements about interracial couples.

There are probably people on here that will say..."Why does this bother you?..You're white".

Well, that's true I am white. But my children are not white. On their mother's side...their grandparents are black and Creole. They prefer to be called biracial or multiracial.....not black.

But the reason why Redneck'n's comments bother me so much... is because this type of ignorant hatred has been overlooked and tolerated for far too long. He is entitled to his opinion...it's a free country. But when he gives his opinion...I am entitled to point it out...and make as much noise as possible to draw attention to it.

I cannot single-handedly get rid of all racism...I know that. But I can point out every racist hillbilly jackass that I run across. And make sure everyone within earshot knows what he is saying.

Honestly.....because of the way I was treated, and the way my children have been treated...I really have to pray for these people. I become so angry that I want to be as hateful as they are. But that accomplishes nothing...so I try to remain calm. But I WILL not shut up........and I WILL NOT be intimidated by the likes of Redneck'n. I will stand up and tell him to his bigot face.....My children are products of an interracial marriage. And we all know how that makes Redneck'n want to puke........but that's about all his punk *** will do. I promise you...The only way these people have any balls is when they are surrounded by a bunch of their little bald headed buddies.

The reason my comments bother you so much is because they do make sense. No matter extreme they may seem, they do make sense. Maybe to to you as a race traitor they don't. But to those of us that are not like that, they make sense.

The reason you're so ticked off about it is because there is nothing you can do about it. NOTHING. I'm gonna be this way whether you like it or not. People like you hate the fact that someone like me can exist outside of overalls and beat up trucks. We're everywhere. We have nice houses in nice neighborhoods. We have 9-5 jobs and live normal lives. You act as if there are only 50 of us or something. I know of close to that amount right there in Waco.

You don't have to bother with trying to draw attention to me. Everybody that is around me for more than about 5 mins knows where I stand.

As far as you saying anything to my face, I don't doubt that you would. You're taking this way to personal. I've not brought your kids into this issue. You have. I could have thrown that up a long time ago and didn't. It's not your kids fault. I don't involve my kids in my beliefs, I don't involve anybody elses kids. I smile and google at EVERY baby I see.

I'm not trying to intimidate you. I have no desire for anything of the sort.
My distaste or race mixing. I can't help that. As stated before, I've been that way my whole life. I hate broccoli too. I don't know why I'm that way. I learn to live with it.

Once again, you hurl the insults and names. Childish. You can't argue your point logically because either you don't really have a vailid point or your point doesn't make sense. You display typical communist left means of debate.
You should also look up the word "bigot". It seems as though you fall under the definition as well. I liked the definition Wikipedia gave. Reminds me of you.

Outside of this thread, generally, I've kept my feelings on this usually pretty quiet. If what I say makes you mad or whatever, you can not read the thread or "ignore" my posts. You're picking the fight here. Until you came to the thread tossing stones, the rest of us were having a discussion. Even Lonny and I were able to discuss it like gentlemen. And we disagree.

thestud
01-15-2006, 06:40 PM
my grandfather would have had a fit if my mom or any of my aunts decided she wanted to date a man of color , he wouldnt have it. he also wouldnt allow them to date a guy who had long hair, he was in the navy for 12 years, so his definition of long hair was anything over the ears. in his all his years on earth, some of his closest friends were the hispanics that he hired to work for him at the ranch. he thought more of them and treated them better than most of the white people he knew. this didnt change his mindset one bit, he would not have one of his girls date someone of another race. does that make him racist? i dont think so.
it doesnt make redneckn a bad guy or a racist to say hes against inter-racial relations, however if i were him i would have worded it a bit differently as to not make it so offensive. the confederate flag itself doesnt make him a racist, these days to 90% of folks the flag symbolizes southern pride and the southern way of life. at least thats what everybody that i know who has one displays it for.

Redneckn
01-15-2006, 06:43 PM
my grandfather would have had a fit if my mom or any of my aunts decided she wanted to date a man of color , he wouldnt have it. he also wouldnt allow them to date a guy who had long hair, he was in the navy for 12 years, so his definition of long hair was anything over the ears. in his all his years on earth, some of his closest friends were the hispanics that he hired to work for him at the ranch. he thought more of them and treated them better than most of the white people he knew. this didnt change his mindset one bit, he would not have one of his girls date someone of another race. does that make him racist? i dont think so.
it doesnt make redneckn a bad guy or a racist to say hes against inter-racial relations, however if i were him i would have worded it a bit differently as to not make it so offensive. the confederate flag itself doesnt make him a racist, these days to 90% of folks the flag symbolizes southern pride and the southern way of life. at least thats what everybody that i know who has one displays it for.

You're right. I should have chosen my words more carefully.

slorch
01-15-2006, 07:19 PM
As far as you saying anything to my face, I don't doubt that you would. You're taking this way to personal. I've not brought your kids into this issue. You have. I could have thrown that up a long time ago and didn't. It's not your kids fault. I don't involve my kids in my beliefs, I don't involve anybody elses kids. I smile and google at EVERY baby I see
-Redneckn

if you dont involve your kids in your beliefs, who do you think is helping them develop theirs? someone like Wide might infect their minds with logic.

I get what you're saying, but that sentence sounds terrible. That's your whole job as a parent IMHO.