PDA

View Full Version : Deal or No Deal?!!

ThEgReAtOnE
12-21-2005, 07:46 PM
The new NBC Primetime Show - in the vein of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" - is....

DEAL or NO DEAL?!

It seems the rules are pretty simple.....you choose to hold on to 1 case out of 20, or so, cases that are filled with millions of dollars broken down as such...

$1 - Case 15
$5 - Case 12
$10 - Case 8
$500,000 - Case 11
$750,000 - Case 3

etc...leading up to a Million Dollar case!

The objective is to pick a certain amount of cases, at a time, to open - revealing the amount of money enclosed. Then you listen to an offer from the "bank" (the secret shadow hidden in the black room above the set) - who calls, via cell phone and bids on your case - offering you a certain amount of money for your case.

You then have the option of taking the offer, which may be only for 60K, while there is a possibility your case has 1 Million Dollars, or that the un-chosen cases may be carrying the million dollar prize....which bolds well for you!

What do you guys think?! Interesting?!....or I'd rather watch something...or anything, else?!

Sacred Ground
12-21-2005, 07:55 PM
I noticed it was on when I was scanning the channels. I tuned in and noticed Howie Mandell was the host. I'm not a big fan of Howie's, so I continued to scan. I'm watching the GMAC Bowl now. Toledo vs. UTEP. Good game so far.

Big_Maar
12-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Uhhh.....Is there a football game on? What about Sport Center?

No way man, I'm gonna watch OCC reuns.:D

Sacred Ground
12-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Ya, on ESPN. I think they have one everynight until 2006

dragons08
12-21-2005, 08:07 PM
its rather interesting..the bank offers are based on percentages..

lets say you have 100k and 5 bucks..

you have a 50 percent of getting 100k

the bank will offer about 48-49..

its a shade less than what ever the percent of that number you have the chance of getting..

lonny23
12-21-2005, 08:09 PM
The new NBC Primetime Show - in the vein of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" - is....

DEAL or NO DEAL?!

It seems the rules are pretty simple.....you choose to hold on to 1 case out of 20, or so, cases that are filled with millions of dollars broken down as such...

$1 - Case 15
$5 - Case 12
$10 - Case 8
$500,000 - Case 11
$750,000 - Case 3

etc...leading up to a Million Dollar case!

The objective is to pick a certain amount of cases, at a time, to open - revealing the amount of money enclosed. Then you listen to an offer from the "bank" (the secret shadow hidden in the black room above the set) - who calls, via cell phone and bids on your case - offering you a certain amount of money for your case.

You then have the option of taking the offer, which may be only for 60K, while there is a possibility your case has 1 Million Dollars, or that the un-chosen cases may be carrying the million dollar prize....which bolds well for you!

What do you guys think?! Interesting?!....or I'd rather watch something...or anything, else?!
I'd rather watch the 1982 Bluebonnet Bowl to make my point. Texas might've played that year. I know 1983 was that great Texas team.

Sacred Ground
12-21-2005, 08:16 PM
I'd rather watch the 1982 Bluebonnet Bowl to make my point. Texas might've played that year. I know 1983 was that great Texas team.
Whatever happened to the Bluebonnet Bowl? I forgot about that one.

lonny23
12-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Whatever happened to the Bluebonnet Bowl? I forgot about that one.
They just never got their feet on the ground with the sponsor game. Attendance was down and it just stopped.

Big_Maar
12-21-2005, 08:36 PM
They just never got their feet on the ground with the sponsor game. Attendance was down and it just stopped.

Is that what happened to the Galleryfurniture.com Bowl?

Houston Bowl?

Sacred Ground
12-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Is that what happened to the Galleryfurniture.com Bowl?

Houston Bowl?
What about the Peach Bowl? What commercial did that one become?

CCDawg
12-22-2005, 12:22 AM
What about the Peach Bowl? What commercial did that one become?

I hope you're joking about that one, or at least just a year early. This year it's the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl - Miami vs. LSU, should be one of the better games. Next year though it just becomes the Chick-fil-A Bowl. I've heard they're trying to posture their way into becoming a BCS bowl in the future and have decided to drop the regional Georgia Peach image. It also helps that Chick-fil-A is giving them tons of money.