PDA

View Full Version : If San Fagcisco drafts Reggie Bush

jtk1519
12-21-2005, 12:22 AM
Let's be honest... it looks like the 9ers are starting to establish themselves as the worst team in the NFL and if they lose to Houston in the final week, they should get the #1 pick and I don't think there is any question that they will draft Reggie Bush setting up a pretty interesting scenario. Reggie Bush and QB Alex Smith are not only both grads of Helix High in the San Diego area, but they actually played together in high school as QB and RB. Does anybody else know of a QB/RB duo in the NFL (past or present) that played together in high school?

wide-e-wide
12-21-2005, 12:25 AM
If the draft were held today......? YES

After Jan. 4th..........? NO
His confidence will be shot..and he will be considerably slower with Rod Wright's foot stuck in his ***.

GTown02
12-21-2005, 02:13 AM
Why are people hyping Reggie up to be the second comming of Gale Sayers and the like? We all know he is a proven college back, but he still hasent proven that he can do it against the best of the best in the NFL... so why is everyone (ESPN especially) saying he might be the best back of all time? He could turn out to be the next Ryan Leaf, so why not wait until he proves he can do it on the next level?

southlake thug
12-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Well it is not going to make a difference who the 49ers get, becasue as long as they have Alex Smith playing QB. They wont win.

He is absolultly awful. They are always talking about how his hands are too small and stuff on ESPN, but it looks like he just doesn't have any arm strength at all. That could be a result of his hands i guess.

jtk1519
12-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Why are people hyping Reggie up to be the second comming of Gale Sayers and the like? We all know he is a proven college back, but he still hasent proven that he can do it against the best of the best in the NFL... so why is everyone (ESPN especially) saying he might be the best back of all time? He could turn out to be the next Ryan Leaf, so why not wait until he proves he can do it on the next level?

He's not the player he is being made out to be. If he hadnít had such a great year this year, he might have been a early to mid first round pick which might have sent him to a contender or a team on the rise. A team like the Eagles where he could have stepped in to a decent team and been huge or to a team like the Ravens where he could have taken over for Jamal Lewis. Instead, Bush will likely go to the 9ers where he will forever be lost in obscurity behind a putrid O-line and an overrated QB.

GTown02
12-21-2005, 06:39 PM
He's not the player he is being made out to be. If he hadnít had such a great year this year, he might have been a early to mid first round pick which might have sent him to a contender or a team on the rise. A team like the Eagles where he could have stepped in to a decent team and been huge or to a team like the Ravens where he could have taken over for Jamal Lewis. Instead, Bush will likely go to the 9ers where he will forever be lost in obscurity behind a putrid O-line and an overrated QB.
If he gets lost into obscurity that will be a sad ending to a great college carreer, and potential. I think he can do great things in the NFL, and hopefully he becomes an outstanding RB in the league.

FootballJunkie
12-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Well it is not going to make a difference who the 49ers get, becasue as long as they have Alex Smith playing QB. They wont win.

He is absolultly awful. They are always talking about how his hands are too small and stuff on ESPN, but it looks like he just doesn't have any arm strength at all. That could be a result of his hands i guess.

I don't think people actually looked at what type of offense Meyer ran at Utah...it was basically a shotgun option...didnt require arm strength and remember it was the Mountain West were Smith posted his numbers. Time wil tell but as of now he is on a VERY bad team so that does not help him. Maybe they will get rid of Smith and pick up Phillip Rivers;)

KatyTigerDad0407
12-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Texans vs 49ers

There is 8 seconds left in the game. Texans are up 10-9. Houston has the ball on the 49ers 12 yard line. Carr takes the snap out of the shotgun. A deep shotgun, maybe 15 yards deep. He rushes the entire length of the field with no time left on the clock and scores a safety. Final score 49ers 11, Texans 10

TexasRed6x
12-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Well if the 49ers draft Reggie Bush, it looks like they are either saving Barlow or Gore for the backup role. They could have Reggie become the backup just like some teams do so he could figure out the playbook. My guess is that they will get rid of Barlow and keep Gore for the backup role if Nolan decides to start Bush. If he doesn't decide that Bush is the starter, he may very well go with Gore possibly Maurice Hicks, I don't know we'll see.

hoo2ers
12-26-2005, 07:53 AM
Texans vs 49ers

There is 8 seconds left in the game. Texans are up 10-9. Houston has the ball on the 49ers 12 yard line. Carr takes the snap out of the shotgun. A deep shotgun, maybe 15 yards deep. He rushes the entire length of the field with no time left on the clock and scores a safety. Final score 49ers 11, Texans 10

Great scenario Tigerdad, but with Carr's ability and the Texans luck, I have no doubt he would be SACKED short of his own goal !!:D
Yes the Texans could even screw up that scenario.