PDA

View Full Version : Longview Lobos 2009

skyblueice04
05-02-2009, 03:51 PM
With football season starting back up, Longview returns a vast majority from last years state finalist team. What are your thoughts?

yallerjacket2
05-02-2009, 04:03 PM

ALLENFANDINGO5
05-04-2009, 01:34 PM
I can hardly wait to come to Longview. Yall return a lot of players and should even be a better game than last year and last year's was pretty good. I sat at Texas Stadium with some Longview fans last year in the playoffs and met some awesome fans. August cant get here fast enough.
'

Rapture
05-04-2009, 02:06 PM
I can hardly wait to come to Longview. Yall return a lot of players and should even be a better game than last year and last year's was pretty good. I sat at Texas Stadium with some Longview fans last year in the playoffs and met some awesome fans. August cant get here fast enough.
'
i cant wait to see who 5atexasfootball will have #1 this year and i say longview start off 0-2 this season

skyblueice04
05-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Longview 0-2 at the beginning of the season? Since when has a Tyler team beat us in the last 4-5 seasons? We won 21-0 last year and very well reloaded this year.

33Blood
05-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Longview will certainly be one of the top teams in 4A come playoff time. They impressed me against Carter last year.

Favpack
05-04-2009, 03:17 PM
I think we get back on a new winning streak against Lobo this year - at Abe - yeah.

Rapture
05-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Longview 0-2 at the beginning of the season? Since when has a Tyler team beat us in the last 4-5 seasons? We won 21-0 last year and very well reloaded this year.
doesnt matter when we beat yall. i feel we will this yr. last year we just didnt have a solid enough qb to take some heat off DADA BROWN, Qb just kept turning the ball over . DADA will rip highschool up this season.

LP-79
05-04-2009, 07:34 PM
doesnt matter when we beat yall. i feel we will this yr. last year we just didnt have a solid enough qb to take some heat off DADA BROWN, Qb just kept turning the ball over . DADA will rip highschool up this season.

Well I see Rapture still smoking the DaDa crack. Longview will beat the snot out of Tyler Lee this year. 1 player will not beat another team.

Aggies2009
05-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Even in Lee's state championship year, they couldn't beat Longview lmao.

They haven't won a game against Longview since like the first game of 2003, our worst year since 2000. John King absolutely owns Mike Owens (like 5-0 against him). Heck, the only close game between the two teams was in 2004.

I think Longview can beat Lufkin at Abe this year if their QB is anything like the one last year haha. :D But you never know when you go to Abe. Maybe this year we won't be called for holding on 3 straight plays after getting first downs that would be enough to run out the clock. ;)

Rapture
05-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Well I see Rapture still smoking the DaDa crack. Longview will beat the snot out of Tyler Lee this year. 1 player will not beat another team.
they may beat the snout out of lufkin but neither lufkin or longview will beat the snout out of lee. you the one smokin the south east texas crack!! we own abe anyway. so get ready to be mad at tyler lee for whoopin up on ya in yo place. BLOWOUT !!! I'LL CALL IT OUT NOW AGAIN. SHOULD OF BEEN LAST YEAR BUT YOU GOT LUCKY!!!

Rapture
05-05-2009, 09:27 AM
even in lee's state championship year, they couldn't beat longview lmao.

They haven't won a game against longview since like the first game of 2003, our worst year since 2000. John king absolutely owns mike owens (like 5-0 against him). Heck, the only close game between the two teams was in 2004.

I think longview can beat lufkin at abe this year if their qb is anything like the one last year haha. :d but you never know when you go to abe. Maybe this year we won't be called for holding on 3 straight plays after getting first downs that would be enough to run out the clock. ;)
man you need to correct yo bull you postin. Lee beat longview 5 times in a rown before finally loosing in the second game of 2002 because the starters were sat out. Plus yes we won in 2003 the first game. Plus last years game was close. Heck it was 0-0 at halftime- you went 7-0 in the 3rd where it stayed that way through midway of the 4th. When our qb threw a pick that was ran back. Then turned the ball over again deep in our territory. I dont think king owns owens . We just havnt had a qb since 04 and 06. The game was also close in 06. Boy get somewhere cause you dont know crap!!

gtee2
05-05-2009, 11:45 AM
my thoughts...if longview doesn't run the table this year...it will be a super major highly dissapointment.

Wait...I retract a little bit of that.
We do have to travel to LP. Tough place to win for anybody.

Rapture
05-05-2009, 12:05 PM
my thoughts...if longview doesn't run the table this year...it will be a super major highly dissapointment.

Wait...I retract a little bit of that.
We do have to travel to LP. Tough place to win for anybody.
u have to come to the rose to. man yall just overlooking lee thats how we got good anyway in the beggining . yes keep it up

skyblueice04
05-05-2009, 12:45 PM
We are not overlooking ya'll. Just until you can get an entire TEAM that can beat us, then we'll worry about it. DaDa is not a team. We are going to come into the rose and act up like the last 5 years????

Rapture
05-05-2009, 02:07 PM
We are not overlooking ya'll. Just until you can get an entire TEAM that can beat us, then we'll worry about it. DaDa is not a team. We are going to come into the rose and act up like the last 5 years????
i doubt it. i think yall will be 0-2 or 1-1 after the first 2 games. but, im more confident vs lufkin than i was last year. i think we will blow the seats out of abe.

RP-3
05-05-2009, 03:06 PM
man you need to correct yo bull you postin. Lee beat longview 5 times in a rown before finally loosing in the second game of 2002 because the starters were sat out. Plus yes we won in 2003 the first game. Plus last years game was close. Heck it was 0-0 at halftime- you went 7-0 in the 3rd where it stayed that way through midway of the 4th. When our qb threw a pick that was ran back. Then turned the ball over again deep in our territory. I dont think king owns owens . We just havnt had a qb since 04 and 06. The game was also close in 06. Boy get somewhere cause you dont know crap!!

Man, are we going to have to go through this every year until Lee beats Longview? You say the same thing every year and every year its been the exact opposite of what you say. Maybe you should try a different approach.

skyblueice04
05-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks so much for reiterating that to him. Seems like he just does not get the picture. I mean even their state championship team couldnt beat us. What does he want us to do? Just win and then say they won the game?

Rapture
05-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks so much for reiterating that to him. Seems like he just does not get the picture. I mean even their state championship team couldnt beat us. What does he want us to do? Just win and then say they won the game?i dont care if our state champ team didnt beat yall ! we won it all !! yall didnt so who was the better team? THOUGHT SO !!!!!!!

LoboBooster73
05-05-2009, 03:44 PM
yall didnt so who was the better team? THOUGHT SO !!!!!!!

So with this logic 2008 OU was better than Longhorns?

If you win it all and don't play another team, you can still claim you're best. But, if you get beat on the field and still win it all, there's at least one team who is undeniably better. It's all about matchups and bracketing.

Aggies2009
05-05-2009, 04:58 PM

Yeah, Lee beat Longview in 5 straight games from like 98-02. Congrats; those were the worst years of our program. We're like 38-10 all-time against Lee.

And the starters weren't sat out in 2002 until after we were already up 10. It was in the 4th quarter that Owens put his 2nd team defense in (Flynn played all game, as did Smith/Ross). I have a film if you'd like it uploaded to youtube. We were winning 24-14 and got the ball and THEN he took the starters out. Either way, it was his own ******* fault for taking his starters out.

Last year's game was not close. Lee threatened to score MAYBE one time and barely netted positive yardage on the night. I think DaDa Brown had like 20 carries for 16 yards lmao. Okay, so that's exaggerated, but not that much. When you shut a team out, it's domination. And when you win by 3 TDs, it's a blowout, no matter when the TDs come. Heck, it could have been worse if we had tried to score the last few drives of the game, but our coach has class.

The 06 game wasn't that close either. One player picked off your QB FOUR times LOL! And we won by two touchdowns, so it's not like we were ever in danger of losing.

And yes, King owns Owens. As soon as Owens wins a game against King... well.... even then the record will be 5-1 so it's still ownage. But I'm thinking King get's his 6th straight against Lee.

Aggies2009
05-05-2009, 05:01 PM
i dont care if our state champ team didnt beat yall ! we won it all !! yall didnt so who was the better team? THOUGHT SO !!!!!!!

Who was the better team?

I dunno.... Look at the facts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBqqmZlxthg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJagUPd8moE

I think it's safe to say that Longview was a better team. Lee benefited from playing a pathetic playoff schedule against teams like Trinity (4 losses that year), Westfield (who let Jamaal Charles run for like 300 yards on them), and Berkner (who couldn't even beat Lake Highlands). Had you had to go through the teams Longview did, Lufkin (who had already beaten Lee by 11 points that year), Southlake Carroll, etc., it wouldn't have been close. Congrats on winning state with a huge asterisk by it. :notworthy

Aggies2009
05-05-2009, 05:03 PM
u have to come to the rose to. man yall just overlooking lee thats how we got good anyway in the beggining . yes keep it up

Since when is going to Rose hard? We haven't lost a game there since 2002 (and that's including Lee AND JT)... The current Seniors were in elementary school the last time Longview lost to Lee at Rose. With a sophomore QB we won in 03, humiliated you on national TV in 05, and had the joy of one player picking off your QB 4 times in one game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zvgo6eQ9hE

LP-79
05-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I think DaDa Brown had like 20 carries for 16 yards lmao. Okay, so that's exaggerated, but not that much.

Give DaDa his props man. It was something like 22carries for 38 yards. He totally dominated Longviews porous defense.

LP-79
05-05-2009, 06:09 PM
they may beat the snout out of lufkin but neither lufkin or longview will beat the snout out of lee. you the one smokin the south east texas crack!! we own abe anyway. so get ready to be mad at tyler lee for whoopin up on ya in yo place. BLOWOUT !!! I'LL CALL IT OUT NOW AGAIN. SHOULD OF BEEN LAST YEAR BUT YOU GOT LUCKY!!!

You call it luck.... I call it halftime adjustments. Tyler Lee totally dominated Lufkin first half. Second half our coaches made all the right adjustments. Lufkin had Coach Owens so confused he burned all his timeouts in first 5 minutes of third quarter. Rapture take the Rose colored glasses off. lee was not a very good team last year. Neither was Lufkin. However Lufkin was better than Lee. Besides that from looking at your district this year you better be more worried about CUJO than Lufkin or Longview. I think JT gonna put an old fashioned butt whooping on Lee this year.

Rapture
05-05-2009, 10:13 PM
You call it luck.... I call it halftime adjustments. Tyler Lee totally dominated Lufkin first half. Second half our coaches made all the right adjustments. Lufkin had Coach Owens so confused he burned all his timeouts in first 5 minutes of third quarter. Rapture take the Rose colored glasses off. lee was not a very good team last year. Neither was Lufkin. However Lufkin was better than Lee. Besides that from looking at your district this year you better be more worried about CUJO than Lufkin or Longview. I think JT gonna put an old fashioned butt whooping on Lee this year.
man u said that last year!!!! tell me y u feel so confident in that . both returns many starters. lufkin was not better than lee last year. well you won and they both lost in the second round so i'll give you yo due on that this time. we have anputher qb in the works this year i hope we can get our passing back. we have the talent. if we do then whooooooooooooooa!!!! thats all thats been holding us back. we had a good enough qb in 06 but no rb. 08 and 06 were teams that could have went deep but didnt have what they needed. but other teams could say that to. im a bigred &cujo fan as you already know LP so i might not see what everyone else sees right away;) at times

Aggies2009
05-06-2009, 10:14 AM

Holy crap does that piss me off, Coach Outlaw's adjustments. Both games of 07 featured Lufkin showing poorly in the second half and then coming back. Longview was up 28-0 on Lufkin at one point and after the TD right before half, my friend looked at me and said, "Uh oh... You KNOW they're gonna come back and make it a game" and it was 28-24 at one point and I think Lufkin had the ball. When we listened on internet stream to the Lufkin/Lee game (we had one computer running that game and one running the Longview/Allen game haha) and Lufkin scored, we both knew Lufkin was going to come back. That's why we were so surprised Longview actually was able to come back against Lufkin in the 2nd half of this year's game.

LoboFan07
05-06-2009, 11:33 AM

You said that in 2007. Longview won.

You said that in 2008. Longview won.

Why on earth would Longview not win again?

Longview is 35-14-2 all-time against Lee. They haven't lost at Rose since 2002, and it wasn't even to Lee...it was to Lufkin. There's absolutely no reason for me to even think that Dada is going to take over the game and win it by himself. Which by what you're saying is what he is going to do.

It's hard for anyone to say State Championship or bust, really. But if Longview doesn't make it back to the State Finals, I really see it as being a disappointment.

Aggies2009
05-06-2009, 12:02 PM

Longview is 35-14-2 all-time against Lee. They haven't lost at Rose since 2002, and it wasn't even to Lee...it was to Lufkin. There's absolutely no reason for me to even think that Dada is going to take over the game and win it by himself. Which by what you're saying is what he is going to do.

It's hard for anyone to say State Championship or bust, really. But if Longview doesn't make it back to the State Finals, I really see it as being a disappointment.

Actually, we lost 28-21 against Lee there.

DaDa Brown had ONE good play against a battered Longview defense on a freak play where the safeties hit each other. Last year he ran 22 times for 38 yards, not even 2 yards per carry.

LoboFan07
05-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Actually, we lost 28-21 against Lee there.

The last time we lost at Rose was a 24-21 loss to Lufkin in the Quarterfinals. The 28-21 loss was in the regular season.

99cujo
05-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Well all I can say is I really miss playing the Lobos .........Maybe after this year they will come back up to 5a where they need to be. 5a football (East Texas) football is not the same without the Lobos.......Good Luck this year and come back to 5a... I hope that we make the 5a cut next year..........bring back Lufkin too!!!!!!.

Rapture
05-07-2009, 09:24 AM

thats because u wasnt playin lee idiot!! lee beat longview that yr to at the rose. so you did loose to lee in 2002. do yo homework!!! lufkin was the last team to beat at the rose in 02 but not the only team. MAN WHERE DO THESE PEOPLE COME FROM!!:rolleyes:

LoboFan07
05-07-2009, 01:37 PM
We've already established that Lee beat Longview at Rose that year, but still it wasn't the last time we've lost there. Heck we even had a game at Rose inbetween the Lee and Lp game, even though I'm sure Garland fans have blocked it out of their heads.

Longview has won 7 straight games at Rose Stadium, 3 of them against Lee. Longview has won 6 straight games against Tyler Lee in total.

Hell Tyler Lee hasn't even been able to put up 2 touchdowns on Longview since the 2004 game. And even then, they were completely shut out in the 2nd half and only got a field goal in overtime to keep the game alive. So since halftime of the 2004 game....Longview has outscored Lee, 113 to 32.

What possible reason do I have to believe that Tyler Lee will beat a Longview team that is expecting to have it's best team in perhaps 70+ years?

Rapture
05-08-2009, 09:24 AM
We've already established that Lee beat Longview at Rose that year, but still it wasn't the last time we've lost there. Heck we even had a game at Rose inbetween the Lee and Lp game, even though I'm sure Garland fans have blocked it out of their heads.

Longview has won 7 straight games at Rose Stadium, 3 of them against Lee. Longview has won 6 straight games against Tyler Lee in total.

Hell Tyler Lee hasn't even been able to put up 2 touchdowns on Longview since the 2004 game. And even then, they were completely shut out in the 2nd half and only got a field goal in overtime to keep the game alive. So since halftime of the 2004 game....Longview has outscored Lee, 113 to 32.

What possible reason do I have to believe that Tyler Lee will beat a Longview team that is expecting to have it's best team in perhaps 70+ years?
man!! you really are a dummy or a liar or just stupid!!! lee scored 2 td's vs longview in 2007. man go to the football games or just go to hell or one!! longview is not expected by me to have no best in 70 yrs lmao!!!! anyway win a 4a state championship and not get blown away then you will atleast have a argument that they are better than the 08 team. OH YEA, AND EVERYTHING YOU SAID IN THAT LAST POST IS GARBAGE AND FALSE EXCEPT BEATING LEE 6 TIMES IN A ROW. WHICH ALL OF THEM WERE DECIDED LATE IN THE 4TH QTR EXCEPT FOR THE 05 GAME. TURNOVERS HAS PLAGUED LEE VS LONGVIEW SINCE 04 AND CAUSED THEM GAMES, BUT THATS PART OF THE GAME . ALL IM LOOKING FORWARD TO IS O9. WE ARE SUPOSE TO HAVE A SUPER DANGEROUS FRESHMAN TAILBACK BACK THERE WITH DADA BROWN. ITS GONNA BE FUN TO SEE

LoboFan07
05-08-2009, 01:51 PM
What of the which I said, is false?

The fact that Lee hasn't been able to put up 14 points on Longview in 5 years?

The fact that Longview has completely dominated Tyler Lee over the history of the 51 games?

The fact that Longview is going to be ranked No. 1 in 4A going into next season?

As you said, turnovers are the difference. Longview is a +13 in the turnover margin in the past 4 games. But they've also rushed for 180+ yards in each of those 4 games, and thrown for over 120 in all those games except for this past season.

You make this big case out of how dangerous of running game Tyler Lee has...but yet they've only rushed for over 100 yards in one of the 4 games against Longview.

Say what you will about the State Championship game. At least we were there, while Tyler Lee was sitting home again...watching us play.

Longview is getting closer and closer every year.
05 - Bi-District Loss
06 - Area Loss
07 - State Quarterfinal Loss
08 - State Finals Loss
And that last step is to win it.

Aggies2009
05-08-2009, 02:04 PM
man!! you really are a dummy or a liar or just stupid!!! lee scored 2 td's vs longview in 2007. man go to the football games or just go to hell or one!! longview is not expected by me to have no best in 70 yrs lmao!!!! anyway win a 4a state championship and not get blown away then you will atleast have a argument that they are better than the 08 team. OH YEA, AND EVERYTHING YOU SAID IN THAT LAST POST IS GARBAGE AND FALSE EXCEPT BEATING LEE 6 TIMES IN A ROW. WHICH ALL OF THEM WERE DECIDED LATE IN THE 4TH QTR EXCEPT FOR THE 05 GAME. TURNOVERS HAS PLAGUED LEE VS LONGVIEW SINCE 04 AND CAUSED THEM GAMES, BUT THATS PART OF THE GAME . ALL IM LOOKING FORWARD TO IS O9. WE ARE SUPOSE TO HAVE A SUPER DANGEROUS FRESHMAN TAILBACK BACK THERE WITH DADA BROWN. ITS GONNA BE FUN TO SEE

Well, I think he meant 14 points (although he could have said 13 lmao). It doesn't take rocket science to put that together. And why isn't Longview expected to field their best team in 70 years? Last year, the team went to the state championship, and this year they return much of what made the last year's team click. And I don't get why you're using turnovers as an excuse for losing.... Longview usually wins the turnover battle with ALL teams, not just Lee. In my opinion, that's why we're so good every year. Longview has always forced turnovers (such as Sherman's 4 picks vs Lee in 06 LMAO) as a part of their defensive strategy.

Rapture
05-08-2009, 03:34 PM
What of the which I said, is false?

The fact that Lee hasn't been able to put up 14 points on Longview in 5 years?

The fact that Longview has completely dominated Tyler Lee over the history of the 51 games?

The fact that Longview is going to be ranked No. 1 in 4A going into next season?

As you said, turnovers are the difference. Longview is a +13 in the turnover margin in the past 4 games. But they've also rushed for 180+ yards in each of those 4 games, and thrown for over 120 in all those games except for this past season.

You make this big case out of how dangerous of running game Tyler Lee has...but yet they've only rushed for over 100 yards in one of the 4 games against Longview.

Say what you will about the State Championship game. At least we were there, while Tyler Lee was sitting home again...watching us play.

Longview is getting closer and closer every year.
05 - Bi-District Loss
06 - Area Loss
07 - State Quarterfinal Loss
08 - State Finals Loss
And that last step is to win it.
u were in 4a son. make state in 5a. you got blowed by a 4a team. near losses in 2 playoff games. if you were in 5a last year you would have been outta there early!

Rapture
05-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Well, I think he meant 14 points (although he could have said 13 lmao). It doesn't take rocket science to put that together. And why isn't Longview expected to field their best team in 70 years? Last year, the team went to the state championship, and this year they return much of what made the last year's team click. And I don't get why you're using turnovers as an excuse for losing.... Longview usually wins the turnover battle with ALL teams, not just Lee. In my opinion, that's why we're so good every year. Longview has always forced turnovers (such as Sherman's 4 picks vs Lee in 06 LMAO) as a part of their defensive strategy.
idiot thats 4a!!!!!!!! yall are a 5a team dummy!!!!!!! how is that longviews best team. in that case many 5a teams are better than longviews past 70 teams. thats an embarrasment to past longview teams to say that teams last is goona field the best this yr and they cant win state in 4a:cool: man shut up !! homer!! yall lobo fans are just ridiculious. well some of u r atleast

Aggies2009
05-08-2009, 11:47 PM
idiot thats 4a!!!!!!!! yall are a 5a team dummy!!!!!!! how is that longviews best team. in that case many 5a teams are better than longviews past 70 teams. thats an embarrasment to past longview teams to say that teams last is goona field the best this yr and they cant win state in 4a:cool: man shut up !! homer!! yall lobo fans are just ridiculious. well some of u r atleast

Wait, what?

Although we're 4A, we haven't stopped humiliating Lee year after year. Heck, the same Lee team who can't even win district without us beating your tails every year.

And who cares if many 5A teams are better than our last 70? I mean, obviously there were better teams those years; SOMEONE beat us. Someone ranked our team last year I think #5 on our top 10 of all time. This coming year features most of those same players but with another year under our belts.

To gauge how good they are:

Barely lost to Allen who would win state in 5A and finish the year ranked #2 in the NATION.

Beat nationally ranked Evangel.

Beat Tyler Lee and Lufkin, both 5A teams.

Lost to Lake Travis after losing the main running and receiving threats. The same Lake Travis who finished the year number 3 in the nation.

So yeah, our two losses came at the hands of teams who would finish the year #2 and #3 in the nation. And any other 5A team who didn't win state, we beat. So yeah, because we were 4A doesn't mean that this team is any better or worse than teams of years past. Hey, they did keep the tradition going of beating Lee off the field and sending them home crying about officiating and whatnot yet again. :D

LoboFan07
05-09-2009, 01:48 AM
You keep bringing up the blow out loss. Ok. No Lobo fan is ashamed of it. Lake Travis was far and away the best High School Football team in Texas last year. Sorry Allen fans, but I saw both teams live (Allen 3 times for that matter) and LT just was unbeatable.

They had the best player in Texas last season. And he beat us.

Close or not, Longview lost nearly everyone from their 2007 State Quarterfinal team and still made it all the way to the State Championship game. Not saying it will be any easier, cause it won't be. But we're all expecting to be back there.

And once again, Lee will be sitting at home come December.

And please Rapture. You actually believe that your team could do any better against Lake Travis? (Talk about homer)

Talk all the crap you want...but 4A is just as hard as 5A once it comes to the Quarterfinal rounds, and you're just completely oblivious if you think other wise. But then again, you went to Tyler Lee so you just might be.

Aggies2009
05-09-2009, 05:14 AM
Waco Midway, Dallas Carter, Denton Guyer, Texas High, Sulphur Springs, and Lake Travis all would have beaten Lee (probably worse than Longview did). And heck, they were all able to, you know, at least score a point haha. Heck, Lee couldn't even get past DeSoto or Garland LOL!

Rapture
05-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Wait, what?

Although we're 4A, we haven't stopped humiliating Lee year after year. Heck, the same Lee team who can't even win district without us beating your tails every year.

And who cares if many 5A teams are better than our last 70? I mean, obviously there were better teams those years; SOMEONE beat us. Someone ranked our team last year I think #5 on our top 10 of all time. This coming year features most of those same players but with another year under our belts.

To gauge how good they are:

Barely lost to Allen who would win state in 5A and finish the year ranked #2 in the NATION.

Beat nationally ranked Evangel.

Beat Tyler Lee and Lufkin, both 5A teams.

Lost to Lake Travis after losing the main running and receiving threats. The same Lake Travis who finished the year number 3 in the nation.

So yeah, our two losses came at the hands of teams who would finish the year #2 and #3 in the nation. And any other 5A team who didn't win state, we beat. So yeah, because we were 4A doesn't mean that this team is any better or worse than teams of years past. Hey, they did keep the tradition going of beating Lee off the field and sending them home crying about officiating and whatnot yet again. :D
man yall are not really 4a is what im sayin!!!!!! yall are a 5a team in 4a. so yea you beat lee,but you are a 5a team just 4a on paper!!!! and yes we did win district last yr. we were co-champs. so get your facts straight. man you sure do put alot of false statements out there. i dont know if thats on purpose or you just :( awh well!!!! ill just pass on that one:cool:

Rapture
05-11-2009, 09:23 AM
waco midway, dallas carter, denton guyer, texas high, sulphur springs, and lake travis all would have beaten lee (probably worse than longview did). And heck, they were all able to, you know, at least score a point haha. Heck, lee couldn't even get past desoto or garland lol!
lmao!!!!!!!!!!! Longview wouldnt of beat garland or desoto!! What the hell you knockin lee for? Hey look win state b4 you talk about lee. We have . Yall just full of excuses and what ifs. When you 5a and cant win a 4a state title and talkin about your team is the best this and that!!! I think you need to take the back seat homey

Aggies2009
05-11-2009, 02:06 PM
lmao!!!!!!!!!!! Longview wouldnt of beat garland or desoto!! What the hell you knockin lee for? Hey look win state b4 you talk about lee. We have . Yall just full of excuses and what ifs. When you 5a and cant win a 4a state title and talkin about your team is the best this and that!!! I think you need to take the back seat homey

Wow, can you form a coherent sentence? Longview would have strolled past Garland and DeSoto. Heck, the only teams who beat us were the #2 and #3 teams in the nation. If Lee met with Lake Travis, they'd have been demolished as well.

And why do you keep calling us 5A? We didn't meet the requirements to be 5A so we are 4A. We petitioned to play up but it wasn't granted so we were forced into 4A. We're not a 5A team in 4A, so get over it and stop crying. Even being 4A, we still demolished Lee. And we won a state title long before Lee was even a school. Just be glad that you had the easiest road to a state championship in 04 or Lee wouldn't be worth a flip and have nothing on their resume other than a few district co-championships and a 6-game losing streak to Longview.

Aggies2009
05-11-2009, 02:08 PM
man yall are not really 4a is what im sayin!!!!!! yall are a 5a team in 4a. so yea you beat lee,but you are a 5a team just 4a on paper!!!! and yes we did win district last yr. we were co-champs. so get your facts straight. man you sure do put alot of false statements out there. i dont know if thats on purpose or you just :( awh well!!!! ill just pass on that one:cool:

How are we a 5A team? We don't have the enrollment to be 5A even though we wanted to be. Our coaching staff TRIED to be 5A even though we only have 4A numbers but it didn't work. So tell me.... How exactly are we 5A? We were over a hundred short as far as enrollment goes.

I also think it's hilarious that the one year Longview leaves the district, Lee is able to compete for a district title. Just goes to show we own you guys.

Rapture
05-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Wow, can you form a coherent sentence? Longview would have strolled past Garland and DeSoto. Heck, the only teams who beat us were the #2 and #3 teams in the nation. If Lee met with Lake Travis, they'd have been demolished as well.

And why do you keep calling us 5A? We didn't meet the requirements to be 5A so we are 4A. We petitioned to play up but it wasn't granted so we were forced into 4A. We're not a 5A team in 4A, so get over it and stop crying. Even being 4A, we still demolished Lee. And we won a state title long before Lee was even a school. Just be glad that you had the easiest road to a state championship in 04 or Lee wouldn't be worth a flip and have nothing on their resume other than a few district co-championships and a 6-game losing streak to Longview.
yall are a 5a team in 4a!! like i said!!!!! yall had the numbers to b put in 4a, then ironically after realignment they came right back up. yall are 5a man in 4a. you have 5a numbers. so admit it. plus garland would whooped u.

Aggies2009
05-11-2009, 03:10 PM
yall are a 5a team in 4a!! like i said!!!!! yall had the numbers eough to put in 4a then ironically after realighnment they caome right back up. yall are 5a man in 4a. you have 5a numbers. so admit it. plus garland would whooped u.

What are you basing this on, that Garland would beat us? I mean, they BARELY beat Lee who we humiliated and shut down in every aspect of the game. Garland got demolished by Stony Point who got beat by Waco, and Waco wasn't that good of a 4A team this year. Heck, they couldn't even get by Lancaster who Longview KILLED. I know the transitive property never works, but Garland wasn't that good this year, and that proves it.

I mean, it's not that rare of an occurrence for Lee to struggle with and lose to 4A teams. Didn't they squeak by Kimball 3-2 one year? And lose to Waco 19-15? So you can make the excuse that Longview is really a 5A team... Lee has a habit of losing to 4A teams anyway haha.

Rapture
05-11-2009, 03:36 PM
What are you basing this on, that Garland would beat us? I mean, they BARELY beat Lee who we humiliated and shut down in every aspect of the game. Garland got demolished by Stony Point who got beat by Waco, and Waco wasn't that good of a 4A team this year. Heck, they couldn't even get by Lancaster who Longview KILLED. I know the transitive property never works, but Garland wasn't that good this year, and that proves it.

I mean, it's not that rare of an occurrence for Lee to struggle with and lose to 4A teams. Didn't they squeak by Kimball 3-2 one year? And lose to Waco 19-15? So you can make the excuse that Longview is really a 5A team... Lee has a habit of losing to 4A teams anyway haha.
u a lie!!!!! yall didnt humiliate lee!!!! the damn game was 0-0 at the half and 7-0 late in the 4th!!!! you are an idiot man!!! you a liar to. you get people to read your post and believe your lies. you very well could have lost to lee muchless won!!!! you scored on a pic ran back and lee had many turnovers to kill drives. they could have easily won,but things went longviews favor. they(longview) did nothing impressive!! at all !! if u believe that you are stupid!!!! lee was a different team anyway when garland played them. lee was better then. yall wouldnt have beatin garland !!! stop these homerous post fool!!!!!! you want post your best team in 70 yrs either!! take that crap somewhere else!!!

Aggies2009
05-11-2009, 07:18 PM
u a lie!!!!! yall didnt humiliate lee!!!! the damn game was 0-0 at the half and 7-0 late in the 4th!!!! you are an idiot man!!! you a liar to. you people to your post and believe your lies. you very well could have lost to let muchless won!!!! you scored on a pic ran and lee had many turnovers to kill drives. they could have easily won,but things went longviews favor. they did nothing impressive!! at all !! if u believe that you are stupid!!!! lee was a different team anyway when garland played them. lee was better then. yall wouldnt have beatin garland !!! stop these homerous post fool!!!!!! you want post your best team in 70 yrs either!! take that crap somewhere else!!!

Dang, lay off the ! key, it's getting tired!

If a team can't put up a single point, I'd call it humiliation. Or an offensive performance that could use a looooot of work for sure. Lee threatened to score once and was turned away. Longview threatened to score many times and did so twice. I mean, even Smoaky said on the radio afte the game that it was, "Domination by Longview" and he's a homer.

In order for us to be in danger of losing, it means that we don't score as many points as the opponent. Well, in this case, the opponent didn't score any points. How were we ever in danger of losing? It's hard to lose when the opponent lays a goose egg.

I've still yet to see what you're basing it on that we'd have been beaten by Garland. You keep saying that but use nothing to back it up. I use the fact that Garland wasn't very good. Heck, they got blown out by a team that lost to Lancaster. The same Lancaster that Longview beat 49-22.

skyblueice04
05-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Please lets keep the thread clean guys. When Longview puts an old-fashioned, continuous 6-7 year whooping on Lee, Rapture will not be on here for a while just like the other guys from last year...........Until then lets keep it clean....

LoboFan07
05-12-2009, 03:09 AM
Rapture aka big red & cujo has always been one worst homers on here. That's not going to be change anytime soon. It's useless to try and even put on a debate with him.

The fact is....
Longview has won 6 straight against Lee.
They won 4 straight district championships while in a district with Lee...and the year they leave the district, Lee finally is able to do something in it. I wonder why.
Longview has 56 wins since the start of the 2004 season, and has at least 10 wins in all but one year.
Tyler Lee has just 37 wins, and only has one season that had over 10 wins. Heck they were even .500 in 2 of the years.

Since 2005, Lee has not gone past the Area round...while Longview has not only gone to the State Quarterfinals but also the State Championship game.

However we won doesn't matter. Whoever we would've beaten or would've lost to doesn't matter. Longview has owned Lee since 2004 and I highly doubt that streak is going to be ending in the upcoming season.

Rapture
05-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Dang, lay off the ! key, it's getting tired!

If a team can't put up a single point, I'd call it humiliation. Or an offensive performance that could use a looooot of work for sure. Lee threatened to score once and was turned away. Longview threatened to score many times and did so twice. I mean, even Smoaky said on the radio afte the game that it was, "Domination by Longview" and he's a homer.

In order for us to be in danger of losing, it means that we don't score as many points as the opponent. Well, in this case, the opponent didn't score any points. How were we ever in danger of losing? It's hard to lose when the opponent lays a goose egg.

I've still yet to see what you're basing it on that we'd have been beaten by Garland. You keep saying that but use nothing to back it up. I use the fact that Garland wasn't very good. Heck, they got blown out by a team that lost to Lancaster. The same Lancaster that Longview beat 49-22.
garland never got blown out last yr till the 3rd round of the playoffs!!! c man you are just stupid. i need to stiop arguing with you. you tell more lies and false statements every time you post and lancaster didnt play garland last yr!!! dummy!!!!!! im done with you!!!!

Rapture
05-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Rapture aka big red & cujo has always been one worst homers on here. That's not going to be change anytime soon. It's useless to try and even put on a debate with him.

The fact is....
Longview has won 6 straight against Lee.
They won 4 straight district championships while in a district with Lee...and the year they leave the district, Lee finally is able to do something in it. I wonder why.
Longview has 56 wins since the start of the 2004 season, and has at least 10 wins in all but one year.
Tyler Lee has just 37 wins, and only has one season that had over 10 wins. Heck they were even .500 in 2 of the years.

Since 2005, Lee has not gone past the Area round...while Longview has not only gone to the State Quarterfinals but also the State Championship game.

However we won doesn't matter. Whoever we would've beaten or would've lost to doesn't matter. Longview has owned Lee since 2004 and I highly doubt that streak is going to be ending in the upcoming season.
yes longview went to state in 4a!! with their 5a self:rolleyes: wow!!!!! lee has won state while longview has won goose eggs and just now beating lufkin!!!! ha ha !!!!!! longview is nothin special!!! just to yall homer fans. they cant win in 4a!!!! ha ha !!!

LoboFan07
05-12-2009, 04:00 PM
lee has won state while longview has won goose eggs

And since you guys won your state title, you've done jack....while Longview has continued to win game after game after game.

Congrats on living in 2004. But even then, Longview was better that year. ;)

Aggies2009
05-12-2009, 04:34 PM
garland never got blown out last yr till the 3rd round of the playoffs!!! c man you are just stupid. i need to stiop arguing with you. you tell more lies and false statements every time you post and lancaster didnt play garland last yr!!! dummy!!!!!! im done with you!!!!

What lie did I tell?! I said Garland got blown out by Stony Point who in turn got beat by Waco who LANCASTER beat. I didn't say it was in the first round of the playoffs or WHEN it was. Can you not read? Read my previous post again. I never said Garland played Lancaster. Geez, before you accuse someone of being a liar and dig yourself deeper, you should make sure you read their post correctly.

I mean, when you keep on making claims that you can't back up, I'd be "done" as well. The fact remains Longview owns Lee. Just because you think so doesn't mean that they will magically win all of a sudden next season.

LufkinPantherRules
05-13-2009, 10:55 PM
this my thought on the old east texas district play

Longview vs Tyler Lee will be a good game Tyler Lee has the talent to win but I think Longview will win by 7-10 points

Lufkin vs Tyler Lee it will be a good game in the first half Tyler Lee might be leading but I think lufkin will win 10-14 points

Longview vs Lufkin I think it could go either way but I like Lufkin chances this year I think they pull this one out by a field goal

John Tyler vs Lufkin I think Lufkin should win but I like John Tyler in an upset by a field goal I think lufkin will just be flat

Overall

Teams Record Percentage

John Tyler 1-0 1.00
Lufkin 1-1 0.50
Longview 1-1 0.50
Tyler Lee 0-2 0.00

I still think that everyone of these teams are capable of beating one another I think there all talented teams I think Tyler Lee is a good team even though they are at the bottom who knows Lee might win every game but we'll see

Right now this what I think

1. Longview
2. Tyler Lee
3. Lufkin
4. John Tyler

Good teams from top to bottom but we'll see who will put it together

BandidoNB
05-13-2009, 11:25 PM
I have no dog in this fight, but according to the Longview High School website, they have over 2.200 students.. which is 5A sized.

Aggies2009
05-14-2009, 12:41 AM
this my thought on the old east texas district play

Longview vs Tyler Lee will be a good game Tyler Lee has the talent to win but I think Longview will win by 7-10 points

Lufkin vs Tyler Lee it will be a good game in the first half Tyler Lee might be leading but I think lufkin will win 10-14 points

Longview vs Lufkin I think it could go either way but I like Lufkin chances this year I think they pull this one out by a field goal

John Tyler vs Lufkin I think Lufkin should win but I like John Tyler in an upset by a field goal I think lufkin will just be flat

Overall

Teams Record Percentage

John Tyler 1-0 1.00
Lufkin 1-1 0.50
Longview 1-1 0.50
Tyler Lee 0-2 0.00

I still think that everyone of these teams are capable of beating one another I think there all talented teams I think Tyler Lee is a good team even though they are at the bottom who knows Lee might win every game but we'll see

Right now this what I think

1. Longview
2. Tyler Lee
3. Lufkin
4. John Tyler

Good teams from top to bottom but we'll see who will put it together

And that's what's great about old east Texas. Any of us can beat each other at any time. Last season Lufkin had tight games with Longview, JT, and Lee, winning two of the three by a combined 6 points and losing one in 3OT by 8. In 2003, a year JT went 1-9, they gave LP fits and gave Longview a HUGE scare.

Aggies2009
05-14-2009, 12:42 AM
I have no dog in this fight, but according to the Longview High School website, they have over 2.200 students.. which is 5A sized.
Right. The thing is, he's making it look as though Longview was a part of some conspiracy to drop to 4A in hopes of winning a state title. That's not true. We petitioned to play UP and the UIL denied it.

Rapture
05-14-2009, 09:16 AM
And since you guys won your state title, you've done jack....while Longview has continued to win game after game after game.

Congrats on living in 2004. But even then, Longview was better that year. ;)
well why didnt they win state? because they wasnt good enough to win it.

Rapture
05-14-2009, 09:20 AM
What lie did I tell?! I said Garland got blown out by Stony Point who in turn got beat by Waco who LANCASTER beat. I didn't say it was in the first round of the playoffs or WHEN it was. Can you not read? Read my previous post again. I never said Garland played Lancaster. Geez, before you accuse someone of being a liar and dig yourself deeper, you should make sure you read their post correctly.

I mean, when you keep on making claims that you can't back up, I'd be "done" as well. The fact remains Longview owns Lee. Just because you think so doesn't mean that they will magically win all of a sudden next season.
:confused::rolleyes: oh my goodness!!!! stony point was one of the best teams in the state last yr.longview wouldnt lasted a half with them ! u homer! u did say garland lost to lancaster!!!! you might have changed your post and thought i wouldnt notice but you said that!!!. stay of the drugs!!

RP-3
05-14-2009, 11:18 AM

But good enough to get there and good enough to beat Tyler Lee. Where were you guys? On that's right watching it.

Rapture
05-14-2009, 12:19 PM
But good enough to get there and good enough to beat Tyler Lee. Where were you guys? On that's right watching it.
no tyler l;ee was with the big boys in 5a. we would of won it alll in 4a last yr. but we with the big boys and we want and gonna stay here. watch out in 09! no joke!! and hint another bigtime freshman will be makin his debute

LoboFan07
05-14-2009, 12:20 PM

And on another part of the site, it says we have 2,400 students.

The thing is updated in spots and not fully kept up. (Assuming you're talking about lisd.org/lhs)

I'm done debating with big red & cujo. He was banned before so it's useless. Longview hasn't lost to a Tyler ISD team since 2003 and if they do this season, it will come as a complete shock.

Rapture
05-14-2009, 12:24 PM

The thing is updated in spots and not fully kept up. (Assuming you're talking about lisd.org/lhs)

I'm done debating with big red & cujo. He was banned before so it's useless. Longview hasn't lost to a Tyler ISD team since 2003 and if they do this season, it was come as a complete shock.
well get ready!

Maroondog
05-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Longview will beat Lee like a rented mule. :p

Rapture
05-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Longview will beat Lee like a rented mule. :p
ill play like i didnt read that crap!

BandidoNB
05-14-2009, 04:52 PM

I'm done debating with big red & cujo. He was banned before so it's useless. Longview hasn't lost to a Tyler ISD team since 2003 and if they do this season, it will come as a complete shock.

wow thats a lot of fluctuation. but some schools are like that. so i seriously doubt that Longview conspired to drop to 4A. So are you guys expected to pack bags and move back up to the states highest classification again?

Aggies2009
05-14-2009, 04:55 PM

Obviously. I mean, nobody beat Lake Travis last year and they were #3 in the nation... There's no shame in losing to a team like that. Hey, our only losses came to #2 and #3 nationally ranked teams.

Didn't Lee only go .500 this year? Oh wait... They went .545. LOL! But it's okay, Garland would have beaten Longview as well. At least according to Rapture without and facts to back it up.

Aggies2009
05-14-2009, 04:56 PM
wow thats a lot of fluctuation. but some schools are like that. so i seriously doubt that Longview conspired to drop to 4A. So are you guys expected to pack bags and move back up to the states highest classification again?

We're supposed to. Of course, we were never supposed to be in 4A to begin with, but there has been a huge "white flight" from Longview to Hallsville. Heck, there was just a baseball controversy about an ineligible player who transferred from Longview to Hallsville.

Aggies2009
05-14-2009, 05:01 PM
:confused::rolleyes: oh my goodness!!!! stony point was one of the best teams in the state last yr.longview wouldnt lasted a half with them ! u homer! u did say garland lost to lancaster!!!! you might have changed your post and thought i wouldnt notice but you said that!!!. stay of the drugs!!

First if all, if Stony Point was one of the best teams in the state last year, why could they not beat Waco? I mean, Waco was a 4A team who only went about .500 in 4A. If Stony Point was soooo good, why did they lose like that?

Second of all, Lancaster beat Waco (you know, the team that only allowed 3 points to Stony Point). We KILLED Lancaster.

Third of all, where did I say that? If I edited my post, there will be a tag at the bottom saying I changed it. Thing is, none of my posts say that.

Aggies2009
05-14-2009, 05:02 PM
no tyler l;ee was with the big boys in 5a. we would of won it alll in 4a last yr. but we with the big boys and we want and gonna stay here. watch out in 09! no joke!! and hint another bigtime freshman will be makin his debute

You would have won in 4A? Uh, you couldn't even get by Longview.

LoboFan07
05-15-2009, 05:36 AM

I'm convinced we're here to stay, but ya never know.

I didn't expect Longview to drop to 4A the last time around until a month before it was announced. We've stayed around the same number, no matter what people say. And city itself, isn't growing compared to a Hallsville or someone in the metroplex or in the Houston area.

We'll just have to wait and see if there's 240+ schools that are bigger than us or not. We won't make it if the UIL is forced to raise the numbers again, I can tell you that.

Rapture
05-15-2009, 09:20 AM
First if all, if Stony Point was one of the best teams in the state last year, why could they not beat Waco? I mean, Waco was a 4A team who only went about .500 in 4A. If Stony Point was soooo good, why did they lose like that?

Second of all, Lancaster beat Waco (you know, the team that only allowed 3 points to Stony Point). We KILLED Lancaster.

Third of all, where did I say that? If I edited my post, there will be a tag at the bottom saying I changed it. Thing is, none of my posts say that.
all you are saying over and over ia who stony point loss to. who did stony [point beat? i dont hear you arguin that! they beat teams whey better than waco! if they even loss to waco. i really have to check on that cause all the crap you done said on here has been just that CRAP! plus u always say who longview loss against!, who did they beat!? lee at the time was stuggling because of the QB, lufkin wasnt the same i'll give you sulfer springs, but they wearnt what they were in the playoffs. cater has been one dementional since wilson arrived. so who have you beat/ you nearly was beat by waco midway! since you like sayin waco so much. you should of loss. but longview had a good team last yr. im not knocking that., but they would had the same accomplishments of the old longview if they were in 5a. they would have made second rd @ the most.

Aggies2009
05-15-2009, 12:41 PM
all you are saying over and over ia who stony point loss to. who did stony [point beat? i dont hear you arguin that! they beat teams whey better than waco! if they even loss to waco. i really have to check on that cause all the crap you done said on here has been just that CRAP! plus u always say who longview loss against!, who did they beat!? lee at the time was stuggling because of the QB, lufkin wasnt the same i'll give you sulfer springs, but they wearnt what they were in the playoffs. cater has been one dementional since wilson arrived. so who have you beat/ you nearly was beat by waco midway! since you like sayin waco so much. you should of loss. but longview had a good team last yr. im not knocking that., but they would had the same accomplishments of the old longview if they were in 5a. they would have made second rd @ the most.

Oh, goodness. Yet another claim that you refuse to back up with facts. Congrats. Longview may very well have been only 2nd round. Then again, they could have been state champs. They lost to Allen in a game they should have won. And Allen had little trouble walking to state (and yes, they beat Stony Point lmfao). Yeah, Longview beat teams like Evangel (ranked nationally when we played them), Sulphur Springs, Texas High, Waco Midway (one of the best RBs in the nation), Carter (who actually throws the ball a LOT more now.... either way, you call them 1-dimensional but they'd still kick the crap out of Lee I guarantee it), Denton Guyer, Lufkin, and of course, Lee. I mean, you make excuse after excuse for Lee losing; what's to say they won't have the same problems this year?

Rapture
05-15-2009, 02:14 PM
yall didnt even kick the crap out of lee! that was a game lee should have won. longview didt impress me at all. lee lost to other teams that would have beatinlongview like abeline. plus lee was 8-4 last year while you putting up that 500. team crap. every game they lost they should have won.

LoboFan07
05-15-2009, 02:14 PM
plus u always say who longview loss against!, who did they beat!? lee at the time was stuggling because of the QB, lufkin wasnt the same i'll give you sulfer springs, but they wearnt what they were in the playoffs. cater has been one dementional since wilson arrived. so who have you beat/ you nearly was beat by waco midway! since you like sayin waco so much. you should of loss. but longview had a good team last yr. im not knocking that., but they would had the same accomplishments of the old longview if they were in 5a. they would have made second rd @ the most.

Are you seriously wanting to get in a conversation about who Longview beat?

Lee might of been struggling but Longview's offense, at the time, was absolutely nothing to brag about. Our defense completely shut your offense down and won the game for us.

Lufkin is still Lufkin...no matter whether they were the same or not, and we were down by 12 to start the 4th quarter. Just like you guys blew it against them, they blew it against us. We took advantage. You guys didn't against Lp.

Texas High lost to two teams all season, and one was to us. Not to mention, they completely destroyed John Tyler to start the season.

Sulphur Springs..State Champions enough said. Longview dominated them.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about if you think Carter was one dimensional last season. That was probably their best team in the past couple of years, and Longview was in control of the game from the get go.

Midway had one of the best backs in the entire state/nation last season in Hubert...and Longview controlled him until the late part of the 4th quarter, where they tried to blow it (like Lee did against Lufkin). But Longview stuck through and won the game.

Denton Guyer might be new but they're going to be a top team in the next couple of years with their quarterback.

Last year we were filled with sophomore and juniors...yet we still beat some of the best teams in the nation and only lost to two teams that won State Titles. Lake Travis was by far the best team in the entire State of Texas last season and they would've rolled over Tyler Lee even worse than they did us. But then again, since you guys just were so unbeatable outside of playing Longview, I can see why you have such a high belief that Lee actually a good team last season. :rolleyes:

LoboFan07
05-15-2009, 02:16 PM
yall didnt even kick the crap out of lee! that was a game lee should have won. longview didt impress me at all. lee lost to other teams that would have beatinlongview like abeline. plus lee was 8-4 last year while you putting up that 500. team crap. every game they lost they should have won.

8-4? Do you even know your own team's record? They were 7-5..

They didn't even go over .500 until the 8th game of the season for God's sakes.

Should've, Would've, Could've though. Longview could've easily put up big numbers on Lee if their offense was performing anything like it was during district or the playoffs.

Rapture
05-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Are you seriously wanting to get in a conversation about who Longview beat?

Lee might of been struggling but Longview's offense, at the time, was absolutely nothing to brag about. Our defense completely shut your offense down and won the game for us.

Lufkin is still Lufkin...no matter whether they were the same or not, and we were down by 12 to start the 4th quarter. Just like you guys blew it against them, they blew it against us. We took advantage. You guys didn't against Lp.

Texas High lost to two teams all season, and one was to us. Not to mention, they completely destroyed John Tyler to start the season.

Sulphur Springs..State Champions enough said. Longview dominated them.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about if you think Carter was one dimensional last season. That was probably their best team in the past couple of years, and Longview was in control of the game from the get go.

Midway had one of the best backs in the entire state/nation last season in Hubert...and Longview controlled him until the late part of the 4th quarter, where they tried to blow it (like Lee did against Lufkin). But Longview stuck through and won the game.

Denton Guyer might be new but they're going to be a top team in the next couple of years with their quarterback.

Last year we were filled with sophomore and juniors...yet we still beat some of the best teams in the nation and only lost to two teams that won State Titles. Lake Travis was by far the best team in the entire State of Texas last season and they would've rolled over Tyler Lee even worse than they did us. But then again, since you guys just were so unbeatable outside of playing Longview, I can see why you have such a high belief that Lee actually a good team last season. :rolleyes:
fool you crazy if you think that lake travis would of rooled lee!!! we had probobly the best defense in the state. no offense rolled us all year. lufkin had a couple plays that probobly made tehm them theteam to get the most yds on us all season and that was week 0 ! man you are just rediculious to argue with. sulfer springs wasnt the same team yall beat when they won state. yall won at the end of all your palyoffs games just about. i hope you do be number ! in 4a cause you will loose in tyler cause we almost always beat the #1

Rapture
05-15-2009, 03:32 PM
8-4? Do you even know your own team's record? They were 7-5..

They didn't even go over .500 until the 8th game of the season for God's sakes.

Should've, Would've, Could've though. Longview could've easily put up big numbers on Lee if their offense was performing anything like it was during district or the playoffs.
fool u crazy!!!:eek: that #1 defense we had last season. shut up! you are jused a homer. you cant see the truth or tell it.:cool: holla:Music

Aggies2009
05-15-2009, 04:39 PM
fool you crazy if you think that lake travis would of rooled lee!!! we had probobly the best defense in the state. no offense rolled us all year. lufkin had a couple plays that probobly made tehm them theteam to get the most yds on us all season and that was week 0 ! man you are just rediculious to argue with. sulfer springs wasnt the same team yall beat when they won state. yall won at the end of all your palyoffs games just about. i hope you do be number ! in 4a cause you will loose in tyler cause we almost always beat the #1

I love the argument of "Sulphur Springs wasn't the same team yall beat when they won state". How do you know that? Did you see both games? Did you see either game? Your argument is based on groundless opinions that you keep throwing around with nothing to back them up.

In the playoffs, we beat Jacksonville by 50, Lancaster by 27, Carter by 15, Midway by 1 (okay, I'll give you this), and Guyer by 11. We were ahead of Guyer by 11 and they made it a 4 point game at one point, and then we put it away. We were never in danger of losing.

Oh, and forgive me for confusing your record. Maxpreps.com said Lee went 6-5... I guess they left a game out. Lee went 7-5. And of course, one of those losses was to none other than LONGVIEW who beats Lee every year now.

BandidoNB
05-16-2009, 11:25 AM
We're supposed to. Of course, we were never supposed to be in 4A to begin with, but there has been a huge "white flight" from Longview to Hallsville. Heck, there was just a baseball controversy about an ineligible player who transferred from Longview to Hallsville.

I remember reading somewhere that Hallsville people want to be 5A bad. So maybe thats not such a bad thing.

LoboFan07
05-16-2009, 08:50 PM

fool u crazy!!!:eek: that #1 defense we had last season. shut up! you are jused a homer. you cant see the truth or tell it.:cool: holla:Music

Gotta love that Tyler Lee education.

It's pretty funny how often you call people homers on here. Really is.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
05-16-2009, 11:57 PM
all you are saying over and over ia who stony point loss to. who did stony [point beat? i dont hear you arguin that! they beat teams whey better than waco! if they even loss to waco. i really have to check on that cause all the crap you done said on here has been just that CRAP!

Stony Point DID lose to Waco bro!

Score was 9-3.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
05-17-2009, 12:28 AM

Longview actually had a tougher road to the title that year, if they were to get there, than Lee did. 5A-D1 that year wasn't that strong, as to where 5A-D2 had Southlake Carroll, Lufkin (who beat Longview in Nacogdoches), Abilene High, Denton Ryan (they played Carroll twice that year, with the second matchup being in the 4th round of the postseason) and, I believe that Allen was even in D2 that year. Hell, Carter's '04 team wasn't too bad either! The teams that I named were only out of region 1 and 2. That doesn't even include some of the teams out of Houston and Smithson Valley!

5A-D1 had some good teams but, the majority wasn't as good as the teams in D2. Trinity was good but, they weren't that strong compared to their recent teams. Mansfield Summit had speed and athletes but, they wouldn't have beat any of the teams that were in D2 that I named. Skyline had the athletes but, at that time, Coach Samples was too busy coaching Byron Eaton and the rest of the Lincoln Tigers to the 4A-D2 championship game. Plano East? They were okay but, they would've gotten abused in the D2 bracket. Matter of fact, Carroll abused them during the regular season that year. The Westfield team that y'all beat in the championship was a good one but, they had alot of youth.

Of course, I had no dog in the fight in '04. But, I just thought that I'd state some facts.