PDA

View Full Version : Lubbock Monterey on the clock

LittleSouthwestConference
04-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Who will be the next head coach for the Plainsmen?

Kevin Ratliff?
Randy Quisenberry?

fballgirl22
04-29-2009, 10:57 PM
Who will be the next head coach for the Plainsmen?

Kevin Ratliff?
Randy Quisenberry?

I would bet on them staying in-house and Ratliff stays. Smart play IMO.

RocklandDragon
04-30-2009, 01:26 AM
Damn. I can't even remember the last head coach before James Morton at Monterey. He had some good runs in his years at Monterey. The 2006 team was a good team (wished they could have pulled out the win against Colleyville Heritage).

Wish him well at Midland Lee.

:cool:

Panthers86
04-30-2009, 09:26 AM
The 2006 team was a good team (wished they could have pulled out the win against Colleyville Heritage).

:cool:

That '06 team was a great one, but Lira wasn't 100% in that game and it made the difference.

As for Quisenberry, BITE your tongue! There could be a riot if that happened. I think they have the talent in house @ Monterey, but guess we'll see if anyone agrees.

LittleSouthwestConference
04-30-2009, 11:03 AM
I found out this morning that Quisenberry may have a good in with the acting athletic director in Lubbock. This one may not last long.

KattTx
04-30-2009, 11:09 AM
So that bumps up the number of teams with new coaches come fall in 2-5A to... 5. That would be - half of the district! :eek:

D-5
04-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Word out of Monterey is that they will struggle. Morten saw the writing on the wall coming and got out. For some reason Monterey is not getting the kids it use to and is just not the job it use to be.

33Blood
04-30-2009, 01:28 PM
I heard a rumor that the UIL said not to hire anyone since they may cancel the season due to the SWINE FLU.

F18mustang
04-30-2009, 01:37 PM
I heard a rumor that the UIL said not to hire anyone since they may cancel the season due to the SWINE FLU.

They won't.

They're still playing soccer games in Mexico.

Lil_Dragon82
04-30-2009, 01:45 PM
The kids in Lubbock are moving south to Cooper, west to Frenship, east to Rosevelt and north to New Deal. Monterey is slowly becoming another Lubbok High. Coronado may be close enough to Frenship that they can keep some kids.

F18mustang
04-30-2009, 01:50 PM
The kids in Lubbock are moving south to Cooper, west to Frenship, east to Rosevelt and north to New Deal. Monterey is slowly becoming another Lubbok High. Coronado may be close enough to Frenship that they can keep some kids.

I think we have enough growth room North of loop to Clovis Highway. Hopefully that area will boom with the Slide Road extension.

Panthers86
04-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Word out of Monterey is that they will struggle. Morten saw the writing on the wall coming and got out. For some reason Monterey is not getting the kids it use to and is just not the job it use to be.

Love to know who that source of yours is or are you just trying to stir it up and make the kids feel that this is their fault? I am sure they feel bad enough they lost their coach. The team was very young last year, not the norm at Monterey under Morton, but those things happen every so often.

Read the info available. 1) they contacted him first (no reason to lie about that either) so I don't think he was "looking" to leave based on that. Oppty presented itself and he made a decision from there.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
04-30-2009, 02:06 PM

Is that, kinda, what happened to Ratliff when he went to John Tyler?

mojotrain
04-30-2009, 05:09 PM

I was out the other day and I thought I herd sheep.

odessapermian.com
05-01-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm not hearing anything about Quis and Monterey.

BackNBlack97
05-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Please just tell them that they can't have any of the Permian assistants... Gaines has built a good staff, and there's been enough coaching carousel for my liking!

mojosoundwave
05-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Please just tell them that they can't have any of the Permian assistants... Gaines has built a good staff, and there's been enough coaching carousel for my liking!

Amen :notworthy