View Full Version : **Dickinson Gators Official Thread**

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

mossad
04-24-2009, 09:51 AM
I swear I must be the only person in Dickinson with a computer lol

Gator4ever
04-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Hello,

I suppose not many people know about this website in Dickinson as I only found it after we played Katy...lol.

This is the best site I've ever seen and better than all the Russian dating sites combined..lol.

Gator4ever

mossad
04-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Hello,

I suppose not many people know about this website in Dickinson as I only found it after we played Katy...lol.

This is the best site I've ever seen and better than all the Russian dating sites combined..lol.

Gator4ever

lol!!!! so I have seen some formations we will be running next year. How do you think our team will do next year?

Gator4ever
04-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Hi Mossad,

What have ya seen?

I think we will be okay or really good depending on how the coach works with special teams...lol. Last year we had no special teams or a punter. Remember the Clear Springs game? We had two fumbled punt returns and a third that we almost lost. The coach decided to have no punt returner after that and every time they punted there was nobody back there..lol.

I'm going to the LaMarque spring game because they play North Shore and so does Katy. LaMarque is gonna be interesting and a good way to guage things. They may surprise North Shore but I wont go into detail..lol.

Dickinson has a Quaterback prospect who will be a Sophomre this year and he looks good. My neighbor who is 6'4 and near 300 may not be with us his junior year due to some issues. I've watched him grow since he was a baby and now think he is living with his mom in Texas City...Arrrgggg...

mossad
04-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Hi Mossad,

What have ya seen?

I think we will be okay or really good depending on how the coach works with special teams...lol. Last year we had no special teams or a punter. Remember the Clear Springs game? We had two fumbled punt returns and a third that we almost lost. The coach decided to have no punt returner after that and every time they punted there was nobody back there..lol.

I'm going to the LaMarque spring game because they play North Shore and so does Katy. LaMarque is gonna be interesting and a good way to guage things. They may surprise North Shore but I wont go into detail..lol.

Dickinson has a Quaterback prospect who will be a Sophomre this year and he looks good. My neighbor who is 6'4 and near 300 may not be with us his junior year due to some issues. I've watched him grow since he was a baby and now think he is living with his mom in Texas City...Arrrgggg...

Wow 6'4 300, I have heard of 2 kids at the jr. High 6'2 300 solid! La Marque will be DANGEROUS next season and probably will beat North Shore if they play them for slaps. When is La Marques spring game? Well they had a sophmore Jashaud Sims who should be if not the QB a receiver, he has never ran punts back and if you remember he dropped a put against angleton picked it up and ran it for 80 yards for a TD. he is DANGEROUS if not more dangerous than Ricky Gaines....our playbook consist of shotgun formations with the HB lined up behing the Qb and a fullback lined up a little bit in front on the side of the QB, similar to Art Briles....but why? I have no idea

Gator4ever
04-24-2009, 11:34 AM
The game will be May 28th or 29th.

The quaterback will be the guy who played last year as a freshman. He's ready from what I've heard and he's awesome. The best running back will also be a sophomere and he will be dangerous.

From the horses mouth the situation with the quaterback is that he got nervous on the field as a freshman but from the source he's gonna shake that stuff off this year.

The coach came in late last year around April to start his career at LaMarque. He is feared and respected by the players as he takes no Shite from anyone.

I see LaMarque winning a lot this year and as you know they want payback. Glad to be in 5A now..lol

mossad
04-24-2009, 02:10 PM
The game will be May 28th or 29th.

The quaterback will be the guy who played last year as a freshman. He's ready from what I've heard and he's awesome. The best running back will also be a sophomere and he will be dangerous.

From the horses mouth the situation with the quaterback is that he got nervous on the field as a freshman but from the source he's gonna shake that stuff off this year.

The coach came in late last year around April to start his career at LaMarque. He is feared and respected by the players as he takes no Shite from anyone.

I see LaMarque winning a lot this year and as you know they want payback. Glad to be in 5A now..lol

They play with so much heart and they have so much tradition. Its like when they have the ball they are running down a hill. The speed they have is crazy. That district is why we went how far we did in 5A this year. it semed like everything slowed down which helped, but everything got bigger meaning the kids we play lol. But people dont understand that La marque is actualy a very disciplined team

Gator4ever
04-24-2009, 04:42 PM
I agree that they are disciplined but it may not seem that way...lol.

The thing I like about LaMarque is that they believe that they can win every game. Belief has a lot to do with reality maybe..lol.

Trust me I got the inside track on everything LaMarque is about to do but my lips are sealed..lol.

What scared me about our new district is that all the lines are big. It seems as if Clear Brook was gonna beat us with the quaterback alone and the way he used that "Massive" line. Lane Berry had some of the fastest moves I've ever seen from a quaterck that compared well with the Clear Lake Quaterback. Maybe thats why they played such a close game with Lake and beat em in the end. Sadly they have the running back Ellison returning..lol.

slcdragonfan
04-24-2009, 04:58 PM
I swear I must be the only person in Dickinson with a computer lol

sympathy post.;)

Gator4ever
04-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Must be the hurricane er summin..lol.

Prolly not many people know about this site. Darn it I am lucky I found it when I did. Lot's of cool people here and terrific fans.

chapfan2008
04-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Can I get updated on entangibles/stats/lifting stats on Oliver Farmer?

Gator4ever
04-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Who does he play for?

85Roughneck
04-24-2009, 11:09 PM
hey there Gator4ever ... check your PMs ;)

Gator4ever
04-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the message and I'm gonna be there to see Katy blow up Bellevue...lol.

chapfan2008
04-25-2009, 02:48 AM
Who does he play for?

Haha Dickinson fans, slap your boy.

85Roughneck
04-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Haha Dickinson fans, slap your boy.

chapfan, take a look in the mirror and slap the first guy you see ;):D

just kiddin' ... I looked at last years roster on MaxPreps and Oliver Farmer is not listed on the Dickinson Gators team. Farmer is an old and common name in that area though. (Farmer's Copper and Marine Co.)

Please help us understand which kid you're talking about. I would love to know more about Dickinson's talent because they sure got some down there on the other end of 45.

Gator4ever
04-25-2009, 12:14 PM
My answer would be "I don't know"..lol.

Dickinson was originally inhabited by farmers mainly. Due to some fertile soil. We still have the strawberry festival each year. The main immigrants here after the Spainish were the Italians who forged the identity of Dickinson way back when. I always get my truck fixed at "Liggios" because I can trust them and they do good work.
Little,Young,and a host of other names are familiar to the town and have a history in football.
Gene Kranz who headed the NASA flight director job for years and is known for the movie "Apollo 13" was a Dickinson resident through all those years of NASA glory. I saw him the other day at Walgreens and he was as nice as always. Ande Ware in known and respected. Many others who have won academy awards as well as other great feats have come from Dickinson.
I remember a name associated with "Farmer" but not on last years team etc....

Good luck Chap Fan.

BandidoNB
04-25-2009, 02:00 PM
Just thought I would post on the Dickinson thread and show some love for a fellow 4A-to-5A moveup. Good luck to the Gators this year!

Gator4ever
04-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Wow.. a Unicorn fan.

Our first playoff game from since 1965 was against NB and played in Victoria back in 1976. We lost 20-34 and you had a really good team. I believe you lost in the next round but not sure?

Thanks for the LOVE..lol

BandidoNB
04-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Wow.. a Unicorn fan.

Our first playoff game from since 1965 was against NB and played in Victoria back in 1976. We lost 20-34 and you had a really good team. I believe you lost in the next round but not sure?

Thanks for the LOVE..lol

I wouldnt know if we did, I wasnt born yet :( But I do remember seeing some Dickinson games in the historic scores.
But this year NB is in 26-5A, so even a playoff spot will be hard.

Gator4ever
04-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Hi Unicorn fan,

Is your situation one that has you just over the amount needed in students to be 5A or do you expect to gain a lot more students? We are at maybe 2180-2300 but probably gonna grow fast and never see 4A again.

How old are you if you mind me asking?

I remember visiting New Mexico three years after playing the game we lost to NB and meeting a player who I just bumped into...lol. He was really friendly and we talked about that game way out in New Mexico near the Arizona border..lol.

mossad
04-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Can I get updated on entangibles/stats/lifting stats on Oliver Farmer?

:o remember when i Had said he was a Jr....he was a senior.....remember when i said his name was Oliver, it was actually Chris Allen...he is on his was to Abileine Christian :o,,,sorry, you can get a free one on me **stickin out chin**

mossad
04-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Just thought I would post on the Dickinson thread and show some love for a fellow 4A-to-5A moveup. Good luck to the Gators this year!

Hey thanks I have been trying to advertise this thread, its not really working, Dickinson will be very fast this year, we have changed our formation, i dont understand why we do not come from under the center, thats so frustrating.

Gator4ever
04-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Glad it's started here and hope Dickinson gets revenge on Clear Lake...lol.

chapfan2008
04-26-2009, 11:45 PM
:o remember when i Had said he was a Jr....he was a senior.....remember when i said his name was Oliver, it was actually Chris Allen...he is on his was to Abileine Christian :o,,,sorry, you can get a free one on me **stickin out chin**

Are you serious? I hate you.

For the rest of you people, according to mossad, "Oliver Farmer" was a 6'3" 257 linebacker, and ran a 4.5.

Gator4ever
04-27-2009, 01:04 AM
Hmmm.,

Actually I'm keeping my little secrets about the Gators to myself and Mossad was probably using what was known back in the KGB days as dis-information..lol.

When my 6'4 300 pound player gets his butt back on the gators I'll be reporting and I'm talking to his Paw tommorow. Hmm..reminds me that I never mentioned his name did I?

mossad
04-27-2009, 07:56 AM
Are you serious? I hate you.

For the rest of you people, according to mossad, "Oliver Farmer" was a 6'3" 257 linebacker, and ran a 4.5.

He moved back from California in the middle of the season. He was our starting middle linebacker at the end of spring. Over the summer he left to go stay with his mom in San Diego. I got him twisted with his brother at Hitchcock. The numbers are correct though sir. He is a beast but due to him missing so much he only got a little playing time. During that time when he came back he made a huge impact on our defense. His first game back was our playoff game against Travis. Gator4ever do you remember this kid from our last 3 games? #43 Chris Allen??

mossad
04-27-2009, 07:57 AM
Hmmm.,

Actually I'm keeping my little secrets about the Gators to myself and Mossad was probably using what was known back in the KGB days as dis-information..lol.

When my 6'4 300 pound player gets his butt back on the gators I'll be reporting and I'm talking to his Paw tommorow. Hmm..reminds me that I never mentioned his name did I?

My brother told me about the 6'4 kid. Doesnt he have a younger brother and a older sister? I think he just moved to the district about a month ago correct?

Gator4ever
04-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi,

The guy your speaking of in number 43 I'm not sure of. I was at every game but at times I miss a lot and evidently I missed a lot on him.

The big kid who I believe moved to Texas City lived/lives on my street. I've watched him grow up and I'm sure of how good he can be.

Divorced situation and his mother lives in Texas City. Damnnnn...

mossad
04-27-2009, 01:26 PM
well Texas City has a good history when it comes to lineman both offensive and defensive so he will be in good hands there. Now, what about our offensive line? Dickinson keeps their football like area 51. You swear we will be unstoppable when the season begins, but u know how that goes.........:(

Gator4ever
04-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey Mossad,

Area 51 huh?..lol.

I must have a pass to that place as I was ermmm... in the areas most of the time the Stealth project was in hiding..lol. Montana is where I will retire fer sure as I lived there also for a bit.

Everyday you can see them running a lot and all sizes are running. The movements of the team are split into two or three groups that move in order from time ability etc...
I believe there will be four to six surprises and I'm keen on the Freshman quaterback who will be a soph next year. Should be interesting indeed.

Do you remember when Dub Ferris came to Dickinson in the 1979-80 season? He took the team to a 6-4 finish in what is 5A and then went on to make the playoffs regularly and coached A. Ware. His mind was strong as a psychologist and gap played the hell out of everything.
Do you remember when Texas City beat Bay City in overtime to go on and win a state championship? Bay City had a running back who had over 200 yards and in overtime they passed for four plays and lost. The coach of that team who lost is the coach of our team. When he arrived here his former team won state the very next year.

BandidoNB
04-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi Unicorn fan,

Is your situation one that has you just over the amount needed in students to be 5A or do you expect to gain a lot more students? We are at maybe 2180-2300 but probably gonna grow fast and never see 4A again.

How old are you if you mind me asking?

I remember visiting New Mexico three years after playing the game we lost to NB and meeting a player who I just bumped into...lol. He was really friendly and we talked about that game way out in New Mexico near the Arizona border..lol.

Wow I didn realize Dickinson was growing so fast. Would Dickinson ever grow fast enough to ever split, or does the community seem pretty happy being a 5A school? Here in NB I havent seen any desire to split NB, at the last realignment they were sitting at 2150 or so... slow growth but expected to have about 2600 roughly in sev years, so probably just enough to stay in 5A, which is fine by me.

As far as the player you met, Im in my 20's so it probably wasnt the same person.

mossad
04-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Hey Mossad,

Area 51 huh?..lol.

I must have a pass to that place as I was ermmm... in the areas most of the time the Stealth project was in hiding..lol. Montana is where I will retire fer sure as I lived there also for a bit.

Everyday you can see them running a lot and all sizes are running. The movements of the team are split into two or three groups that move in order from time ability etc...
I believe there will be four to six surprises and I'm keen on the Freshman quaterback who will be a soph next year. Should be interesting indeed.

Do you remember when Dub Ferris came to Dickinson in the 1979-80 season? He took the team to a 6-4 finish in what is 5A and then went on to make the playoffs regularly and coached A. Ware. His mind was strong as a psychologist and gap played the hell out of everything.
Do you remember when Texas City beat Bay City in overtime to go on and win a state championship? Bay City had a running back who had over 200 yards and in overtime they passed for four plays and lost. The coach of that team who lost is the coach of our team. When he arrived here his former team won state the very next year.

I know the kid whom which you speak of, very good kid, i say in 2 more years we will make a deep run in the playoffs, im sure of it. we have some mean big boys coming up who eat double trays at lunch

mossad
04-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Hey Mossad,

Area 51 huh?..lol.

yes im very aware of that game, They always said he had problems with winning in the playoffs and that was carried over to us, we have had very dangerous teams and always under acheived. Yes i do remember ferris, good coach i always liked him

chapfan2008
04-27-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm very confused. Who is Oliver Farmer then? Is Chris Allen the lb I'm referring to? I can't find him on any ACU recruiting site so please link something.

Gator4ever
04-28-2009, 12:03 AM
BandidoNB,

Hello again and hope everything is going good for you. How is your team gonna be this year? I see with the school population you mentioned you are very similar to us.
Our problem is that we will grow very fast because our district lines are set up to keep Texas City 4A but it may not work because they are building a new school as we speak. Our buses travel a long way to Texas City to pick up our Dickinson students and we also travel into Leauge City for the same reason. There is a large trac of land near my house and 7000 homes are planned there over a 10 year period..lol. The land is located in Texas City..."go figure that one..lol.
Your in your twenties and that's good...lol I wish I was but I really enjoy high school footballat any age. Hope you keep us up to date on the Unicorns but in any case I'll be watching them also.

Mossad,

I believe your right about the Dickinson coaching situation and our coach is good enough but he looks ready to retire. I believe when he was hired he made more than the Super at 85,000 some 10 years ago. With the new facilities and such it won't be hard to find a new coach right?
This year and the one after is a true test because of last years weird happenings I'm thinking? I don't know much but sometimes coaches as well as psychiatrists need to be in therapy of sorts just to maintain the reality of things. I believe that with the proper inward look our coach could serve himself as well as the community for as long as he wished to.

mossad
04-28-2009, 02:36 AM
I'm very confused. Who is Oliver Farmer then? Is Chris Allen the lb I'm referring to? I can't find him on any ACU recruiting site so please link something.

Oliver farmer is his brother, thats where the confusion came in, chris played 1 game last year and then moved, he came back durin the spring where he was our starter at middle line backer. He came back in the middle of the season and when i seen him on the field I said wow Oliver is really doing hs thing during the playoffs, well come to find out it was Chris and no one was aware he was back from California. he was a big time presence in our 3 playoff games. He only had 3 games under his belt. Rick Comegy at jackson state was the first to recruit him hard. TCU also cameand talked to him. At the end of march Chris made up his mind he wanted to go to ACU. he went to the camp about 2 weeks ago and did very good, its not official yet.

Gator4ever
05-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Mossad,

Tha LaMarque show is on May 29th. The starting QB will not be the former freshman but a junior. He's the guy who broke his wrist last year but the Sophomore will run plays as well. Seems they will use both and that will be a junior and a sophomore.

Many interesting twists for the Cougars and practice starts tommorow.

We should know by the end of this month whether we get the radio show or not. We have it set up for two games each of five teams...Dickinson,Clear Creek,Friendswood,Clear Brook,and either Alvin or Clear Lake.

mossad
05-04-2009, 07:48 AM
Wow Im praying that works out. La Marque will be very interesting next year, they even play northshore. Im looking forward to the games nex season. Has Dickinsons schedule been released? Now that we are 5A we cannot sit back and play teams like bellaire, we need to go head first into some hard heads like katy, cinco, woodlands, northshore, what do you think about that?

85Roughneck
05-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Wow Im praying that works out. La Marque will be very interesting next year, they even play northshore. Im looking forward to the games nex season. Has Dickinsons schedule been released? Now that we are 5A we cannot sit back and play teams like bellaire, we need to go head first into some hard heads like katy, cinco, woodlands, northshore, what do you think about that?

good thinkin' ... to be the best it helps if one plays against the best. playing against better competition raises expectations and tests fortitude. It also gives the coaches and students a chance to see how successful prgrams are run. Look at Katy's preseason schedule:

Northshore
Woodlands
Bellevue WA (3A champs last year in Washington state)
Flower Mound Marcus
Beaumont Westbrook

fairly stout preseason competition right there ... could be considered one of the toughest preseason schedules in Texas.

Gator4ever
05-04-2009, 12:38 PM
The schedule will be the same as last year for the Gators except the location of play will be reversed.

Angleton-away

J. F. Dobie-Home

Bay City- Away

The regular district schedule and we don't have to play at veterans stadium(League City) three times like last year. Problem is we have only four home games and those are against...Clear Lake,Clear Brook,Dobie, and Clear Springs. Six road games. I'm pretty sure this is acurate but using memory alone.

mossad
05-04-2009, 01:32 PM
The schedule will be the same as last year for the Gators except the location of play will be reversed.

Angleton-away

J. F. Dobie-Home

Bay City- Away

The regular district schedule and we don't have to play at veterans stadium(League City) three times like last year. Problem is we have only four home games and those are against...Clear Lake,Clear Brook,Dobie, and Clear Springs. Six road games. I'm pretty sure this is acurate but using memory alone.

Key games at home would be lake spring and brook, Lake and spring will be the toughest. Angleton will have quadre diggs back who is very dangerous, and I dont know if bay city will be good or not, they always have some speed. I really hope we have it together this year and use our weapons. That Dickinson Booster club is the "Jerry Jones" of our football team lol

85Roughneck
05-04-2009, 01:40 PM

Angleton-away

J. F. Dobie-Home

Bay City- Away

tough finding good 5A competition, huh? don't get me wrong, these two 4A schools are alomst alwasy contenders ... especially Angleton here of late. Bay City used to be the boss, but they come up short here lately.

Gator4ever
05-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Roughneck,

Your right and our coach was at the helm for Bay City and has friends there. Angleton is also 4A and dangerous but no line to speak of on both sides as they depend on the great running backs.

Coach needs to learn to play better competition but maybe since he is new to 5A he's not really seeing the big picture. The picture is simple in that you cannot play weak teams and expect to roll into district and have the same possible result. Just look at LaMarque and remember that they want to play the best teams and even if they have only 1000 students they still believe they will win against anyone.

Gator4ever
05-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Katy will play anyone and should be looked upon as genuine in the great results they have earned over the years. I wish LaMarque would play Katy but I'd really stay neutral on that game and wish both teams the best in that effort.

Yes Katy does look forward to great games against great competion as does LaMarque and ya gotta give the coaches credit for that.

Gator4ever
05-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Dickinson's football coach will be inducted into the hall of fame as a coach on Wendsday in Houston. His 177 wins as well as 27 years of coaching has brought him into this situation.
Warren Trahan feels excited and motivated after last years team did so well that he feels five or six more years at Dickinson will do him well.

Congratulations coach

One state final appearance with Cy Fair and also one with Bay City.

mossad
05-05-2009, 07:44 AM
Katy will play anyone and should be looked upon as genuine in the great results they have earned over the years. I wish LaMarque would play Katy but I'd really stay neutral on that game and wish both teams the best in that effort.

Yes Katy does look forward to great games against great competion as does LaMarque and ya gotta give the coaches credit for that.

WOW speed vs power, can you imagine the 2007 katy vs 2006 La Marque?? Pure speed against pure power. They were about the same size in the trenches also.

mossad
05-05-2009, 07:44 AM
Dickinson's football coach will be inducted into the hall of fame as a coach on Wendsday in Houston. His 177 wins as well as 27 years of coaching has brought him into this situation.
Warren Trahan feels excited and motivated after last years team did so well that he feels five or six more years at Dickinson will do him well.

Congratulations coach

One state final appearance with Cy Fair and also one with Bay City.

I plead the 5th lol

mossad
05-05-2009, 07:45 AM
Roughneck,

Your right and our coach was at the helm for Bay City and has friends there. Angleton is also 4A and dangerous but no line to speak of on both sides as they depend on the great running backs.

Coach needs to learn to play better competition but maybe since he is new to 5A he's not really seeing the big picture. The picture is simple in that you cannot play weak teams and expect to roll into district and have the same possible result. Just look at LaMarque and remember that they want to play the best teams and even if they have only 1000 students they still believe they will win against anyone.

you are right, bellaire is not going to cut it.

Gator4ever
05-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Hey Now,

The coach at Dickinson has done great things so I must be objective and list some of these. He started and participates in
the high school hall of fame where past athletes and all people can view the members and accomplishments of those selected from Dickinson.
The new stadium was built during his tenure and god knows we needed it for about 30 years prior. We went from a 2500 seat stadium (cramped at that) to 10,000 with the instant replay and a really nice design. The new baseball stadium as well as the agriculture complex are all in order and on the high school facility. Was hard to have a game at the junior high for 35 years but that's what we did..lol.

mossad
05-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Hey Now,

The coach at Dickinson has done great things so I must be objective and list some of these. He started and participates in
the high school hall of fame where past athletes and all people can view the members and accomplishments of those selected from Dickinson.
The new stadium was built during his tenure and god knows we needed it for about 30 years prior. We went from a 2500 seat stadium (cramped at that) to 10,000 with the instant replay and a really nice design. The new baseball stadium as well as the agriculture complex are all in order and on the high school facility. Was hard to have a game at the junior high for 35 years but that's what we did..lol.

I agree, but we are dealing with a community thats notorius for self destruction, I disagree with the way he handles team operations, as far as facilities, and other things he has done, he has done a good job. But as far as everything a coach should do i give him a grade of 65. I hope he does better and take these kids under his wing during and AFTER THE SEASON. if he does that then i would lovem, he could go 6-4 and i would lovem lol

Gator4ever
05-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Hmmm..lol,

I want to be positive and all those things but I know it's time for change in tactics on and off the field. Maybe if we lose games but play hard I don't have a problem but before the Galveston game "I" was told some things that had me wondering "WTF" after the game. I promise you in all honesty I almost shite myself after that game..lol

mossad
05-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Hmmm..lol,

I want to be positive and all those things but I know it's time for change in tactics on and off the field. Maybe if we lose games but play hard I don't have a problem but before the Galveston game "I" was told some things that had me wondering "WTF" after the game. I promise you in all honesty I almost shite myself after that game..lol

LOL I know exactly what you mean. Its hard after the season when you see players who started get mistreated. I will be specific on some things like position. Jashaud sims is not a safety. He can play safety because he is a athlete. If jashaud was at wide receiver along with ricky gaines and Donald Hunter that would have been the most dangerous receiving core in Texas. I will go out on a limb and say that. If you thing ricky gaines was good, wait until you see jashaud at WR better yet QB, but i would say that i do like the upcoming sophmore, he has a nice arm but jashaud does as well.

Gator4ever
05-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Have you seen the 5'7 245 returning offensive lineman? Only one remaining from last year but a ball of power indeed.
Galveston News did an article on him yesterday and he seems to have a lot of powerlifting numbers and competition on his side. He says "The trash talk comes but after the second hit it stops"..lol

mossad
05-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Have you seen the 5'7 245 returning offensive lineman? Only one remaining from last year but a ball of power indeed.
Galveston News did an article on him yesterday and he seems to have a lot of powerlifting numbers and competition on his side. He says "The trash talk comes but after the second hit it stops"..lol

I really enjoy watching Frank play! He would pancake linebackers and safeties constantly. He is quick and has some pop at point of contact. He will be a good leader for the young lineman this year.

mossad
05-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Remember this? Check out the hit on Dj Monroe by Chris Myers

http://friday.rivals.com/friday.asp?playid=7055241

Gator4ever
05-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Wow,

Yea I remember that well and also remember how they went without a loss all season until they lost to Brazosport right? Could have had an undefeated season but like in 2001 or 2002 they went without a loss until the last game and added a playoff loss to end both seasons..lol.

2008 they also lost another district trophy by handing Galveston their only district win..lol.

Giving the Gators credit you will notice that in 2007,2008 they lost to the state champions as well as 1983 against Westbrook. In 1965 and 2002 they lost to the state finalists. In 1977 they won against the state finalist. I believe there was another year they also lost to a state champion in West Orange Stark. My stuff may be a little off here from the top of my head but they tend to draw hard teams early in the playoffs.

mossad
05-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Wow,

Yea I remember that well and also remember how they went without a loss all season until they lost to Brazosport right? Could have had an undefeated season but like in 2001 or 2002 they went without a loss until the last game and added a playoff loss to end both seasons..lol.

2008 they also lost another district trophy by handing Galveston their only district win..lol.

Giving the Gators credit you will notice that in 2007,2008 they lost to the state champions as well as 1983 against Westbrook. In 1965 and 2002 they lost to the state finalists. In 1977 they won against the state finalist. I believe there was another year they also lost to a state champion in West Orange Stark. My stuff may be a little off here from the top of my head but they tend to draw hard teams early in the playoffs.

Yes you are correct, i see you retain info easily. For the Galveston game we seasoned and deep fried that turkey provided all the trimmings and handed to Ball high. We need a very fundalmentally sound football coach, We need a proformation type of offense. I do believe that in the next 3 to 4 years we will play for a state championship. I am able to see the talent we have coming up everyday. Lamar Consolidated we caught the fish, deep fried it and made tater tots and lemonade and gave it to lamar, even with Jacquizz we should have been able to contain him and score at will. Everyone knew after that game it was a cake walk to state. But we came into the game, threw 2 passes in the 1st quater and then the play calling became VERY suspicious.

Gator4ever
05-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Yea,

That team playing Lamar was agreater team than 2008 by far and actually had running backs..lol.
Lamar was not as solid as some people thought but the "J" man was contained for a time but sooner or later he gets loose..lol.

Hmmm,

What I really see is a type of play calling that depends on speculation and also prediction. What is needed may be tested plays and sound fundamentals. Ohhh what do I know other than a letdown always seems to occur as if the driver of the bus has taken a nap and let others drive?

To make a state title game alone is a great accomplishment and can be done....BUT....I prefer a district title first like in 1976 when we had not seen except one from 1965. That was the greatest memory for me because of that trophy and the feeling it brought. We won state the next year but I cannot explain the year before and how magical that was for me.

85Roughneck
05-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Hey fellas, who's gonna take the snaps this year for the Gators? same guy as last year with the taped up ankles (Honeycutt) or is there some competition for the QB spot in Dickinson?

mossad
05-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey fellas, who's gonna take the snaps this year for the Gators? same guy as last year with the taped up ankles (Honeycutt) or is there some competition for the QB spot in Dickinson?

Honeycut will be the signal caller, have a good looking young man at 2nd string, hes a sophmore with a arm and he can run if need be. I like honeycuut, but i really think they should use jashaud also. To be honest, we have 3 qb's who can start at any given time. Datrick Walker will be a play maker at strong safety. A very hard hitting play maker at "gator" replacing Chris Alonso (Abileine Christian) he could also see some time at running back.

Gator4ever
05-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Roughneck,

Will be the same guy who took the gators to the playoffs two years in a row but had to do so with little preperation. He filled in after injury last year against Clear Creek and fumbled the first snap he took but recovered it. Seems he had not been given many reps and it took four or five games to make adjustments.
It should be healed ankles this start of the year and I believe that ankle was aggitated against Clear Springs on a sideline run. His 40 time looked slower in the playoffs but comes in at around 4.61. If healthy he should run a 4.6 or better and with 10-15 extra pounds it will be interesting.

Mossad seems to know better about the Sophomore quaterback than myself and maybe he could shed some light on that?

mossad
05-08-2009, 07:55 AM
Roughneck,

Will be the same guy who took the gators to the playoffs two years in a row but had to do so with little preperation. He filled in after injury last year against Clear Creek and fumbled the first snap he took but recovered it. Seems he had not been given many reps and it took four or five games to make adjustments.
It should be healed ankles this start of the year and I believe that ankle was aggitated against Clear Springs on a sideline run. His 40 time looked slower in the playoffs but comes in at around 4.61. If healthy he should run a 4.6 or better and with 10-15 extra pounds it will be interesting.

Mossad seems to know better about the Sophomore quaterback than myself and maybe he could shed some light on that?

I used to poke fun at him about going up to the next level. he's about 6'1 and growing, a very live arm and he ran 3 40 times, 4.67 4.66 then 4.61 .... he is smart, kinda reminds me of Funchess remember him?

85Roughneck
05-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Roughneck,

Just remind him not too talk to the newspapers this year ... his comments last year were great for bulletin board material in the locker room. ;):D

I'm sure he's a good kid and was only speaking his mind, but as a man he'll learn that he shouldn't show all his cards up front in this game of poker we call life.

I look for the Gators to have lots of success in the next few years. sounds like ya'll have some good classes coming through. I hear the same about Katy. This year Katy issupposed to be a notch or two higher than last year. I'm getting excited about it already and it's only May! The Northshore game is going to be great! The Woodlands game is gonna be a massacre. The Bellevue game should prove what Texas football is all about to the rest of the nation. You guys need to make these Katy games if possible. But I would certainly understand if you went to the Gator games because they will be good too.

mossad
05-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Just remind him not too talk to the newspapers this year ... his comments last year were great for bulletin board material in the locker room. ;):D

I'm sure he's a good kid and was only speaking his mind, but as a man he'll learn that he shouldn't show all his cards up front in this game of poker we call life.

I look for the Gators to have lots of success in the next few years. sounds like ya'll have some good classes coming through. I hear the same about Katy. This year Katy issupposed to be a notch or two higher than last year. I'm getting excited about it already and it's only May! The Northshore game is going to be great! The Woodlands game is gonna be a massacre. The Bellevue game should prove what Texas football is all about to the rest of the nation. You guys need to make these Katy games if possible. But I would certainly understand if you went to the Gator games because they will be good too.

Any teacher, coach, employee who works in or for Dickinson will tell you that there is something different about Dickinson, Some very negative, some very positive. Bitter/sweet, when players talk they dont care about who gets riled up about it, if they get whooped then thats that. These kids are barnone, like i said, its a different type of weather. These kids have faced La Marque and Texas City and have been blew out worse than what katy dished out, and im sure it would have been much worse if it was that 2007 katy team but Katy was familar territory to dickinson lol, the kids loved that game and look forward to playing them again. Like i said, u can ask anyone in dickinson and they will tell you that these are a different breed of kids lol. Where talking it up is part of game time routine. Where , and Gatorforever can testify, there is bad blood with any team outside of dickinson, please refer to brazosport 2006 and dobie 2008 games. Win or lose, they will talk it up, they just dont care lol.

Gator4ever
05-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Roughneck,

Yea he is a great kid indeed. His mom is a vet and dad does pharmacy work if I'm not mistaken. Both parents went to A&M and that was and is his dream. Does great in academics as does his sister.

I'm gonna be at the Katy game and meet you "fellers"..lol. I already met you Roughneck and it was a real pleasure indeed(honestly). Hoping you help me Mr. Roughneck in getting tickets?,,lol

In all honestly I expect Katy to do very well and wish them a good game against The Woodlands. Hope that they resolve the 47 point game in way that leaves the woodlands wondering about things.
Last year when the playoffs started I predicted it would be Katy playing Smithson and it was true so this year I expect a rematch with SV again. These two programs are very interesting and I like the way they look on the field.

mossad
05-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Roughneck,

Yea he is a great kid indeed. His mom is a vet and dad does pharmacy work if I'm not mistaken. Both parents went to A&M and that was and is his dream. Does great in academics as does his sister.

I'm gonna be at the Katy game and meet you "fellers"..lol. I already met you Roughneck and it was a real pleasure indeed(honestly). Hoping you help me Mr. Roughneck in getting tickets?,,lol

In all honestly I expect Katy to do very well and wish them a good game against The Woodlands. Hope that they resolve the 47 point game in way that leaves the woodlands wondering about things.
Last year when the playoffs started I predicted it would be Katy playing Smithson and it was true so this year I expect a rematch with SV again. These two programs are very interesting and I like the way they look on the field.

I like Katy, old fashion Hb dive off tackle full back dive play action in your face style. Love it

mossad
05-08-2009, 11:58 AM
the sophmores name is Charles Barkman, and i heard he is really doing his thing in spring ball.

Gator4ever
05-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Funches was one of the best athletes at quaterback I've ever seen at Dickinson. Trouble was he liked to do activities after football and did not fair well in the classroom. He was asked not to play summer baseball and broke his leg. I believe we went winless the next season and he played at the very end. Later I believe he played at Blinn College but with his habits and such I've heard nothing since.

Last year when Honeycutt sat out a few plays against Clear Springs after an ankle injury we had a third string quaterback and that really scared me..lol, Nothing against the kid but "My God" he was tiny and not relaxed and looked as if he had no snap practice at all.

If you look at the Gator history dating back a bit and are from the community it's easy to see Dickinson has not faired well unless they have the "killer" instinct. Ferris came in in 1980 and had the first winning season in 5A in his first year and never looked back. He was a gap coach and if you did not cover the gap like he said then you sat on the bench.
When we got the leftover coaches from his tenure to coach all that instinct was lost and the bottom of the pile became a head coach. "COMER" was one of the worst coaches I've ever seen and will say that to his face..lol. He had no ability at all and it was pure pain to watch a game.
In comes our new coach with the salary higher than the Super of the school district and does a decent job for a few years as LaMarque and Texas City sift away our athletes. He does the best he can with all the injuries and a small pool of players. It was as if he had to plan years ahead to field a team.

Now things have changed and we have a large pool of athletes and a facility that is nice. Where it goes from here will have all to do with coaching.

mossad
05-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Funches was one of the best athletes at quaterback I've ever seen at Dickinson. Trouble was he liked to do activities after football and did not fair well in the classroom. He was asked not to play summer baseball and broke his leg. I believe we went winless the next season and he played at the very end. Later I believe he played at Blinn College but with his habits and such I've heard nothing since.

Last year when Honeycutt sat out a few plays against Clear Springs after an ankle injury we had a third string quaterback and that really scared me..lol, Nothing against the kid but "My God" he was tiny and not relaxed and looked as if he had no snap practice at all.

If you look at the Gator history dating back a bit and are from the community it's easy to see Dickinson has not faired well unless they have the "killer" instinct. Ferris came in in 1980 and had the first winning season in 5A in his first year and never looked back. He was a gap coach and if you did not cover the gap like he said then you sat on the bench.
When we got the leftover coaches from his tenure to coach all that instinct was lost and the bottom of the pile became a head coach. "COMER" was one of the worst coaches I've ever seen and will say that to his face..lol. He had no ability at all and it was pure pain to watch a game.
In comes our new coach with the salary higher than the Super of the school district and does a decent job for a few years as LaMarque and Texas City sift away our athletes. He does the best he can with all the injuries and a small pool of players. It was as if he had to plan years ahead to field a team.

Now things have changed and we have a large pool of athletes and a facility that is nice. Where it goes from here will have all to do with coaching.

couldnt say it any better, Comer was my coach....:Censor:....he never played football in his life...ferris was a gooood coach. Now the athletes are coming to Dickinson as if we are the mecca. I wish... I WISH WE COULD BRING BACK THE BLUE JEREYS WITH WHITE AND RED.....WHITE HELMETS WITH HE BLUE WHITE RED STRIPE DOWN THE MIDDLE AND PLAIN WHITE PANTS!!!! Where did all this blue and black come from??? Where did GFND come from whatever happend to G.A.T.A!!!! We need to make big changes! We now have the stadium, we now have the athletes, we now have the school...all we need is the COMMUNITY to back them 100% despite them disliking whats going on....and we need a better system, thats it....Dickinson will become the Mecca for football in Galveston County!:)

Gator4ever
05-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Mossad,

That is so funny about the GFND and GATA. Ha H a Ha....

Roughneck asked me at the Westbrook game what GFND stands for and I had to think fast as I'd only heard it a few times and it was not something I'm "WITH". It sounds stupid if you ask me..lol. GATA came here in 1976 with coach Ted Gray as well as "You are now entering the swamp". The swamp meant the crappy stadium I think..lol.

I really believe that GFND came via Bay City but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe it's a slogan from an old Louisiana movie that had to do with catching an alligator but also keeping in mind that the alligator died but somehow his fight survived..lol

mossad
05-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Mossad,

That is so funny about the GFND and GATA. Ha H a Ha....

Roughneck asked me at the Westbrook game what GFND stands for and I had to think fast as I'd only heard it a few times and it was not something I'm "WITH". It sounds stupid if you ask me..lol. GATA came here in 1976 with coach Ted Gray as well as "You are now entering the swamp". The swamp meant the crappy stadium I think..lol.

I really believe that GFND came via Bay City but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe it's a slogan from an old Louisiana movie that had to do with catching an alligator but also keeping in mind that the alligator died but somehow his fight survived..lol

its like foreigners have came in and corrupted our language and way of life on the football field lol

Gator4ever
05-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Ha ha ha ha......

You are indeed a "Gator" Mossad........Maybe you played with my cousins son who also played for Comer..lol.

He was number 45 and last year completed his second tour in Iraq with the Marine Corps. Now he is a policeman.

chapfan2008
05-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Mossad your reply is still confusing.

WHO IS THE 6'3" 257 POUNDER?

mossad
05-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Mossad your reply is still confusing.

WHO IS THE 6'3" 257 POUNDER?

That would be Chris Allen, i thought he was a junior but he was a senior, his brother Oliver farmer will be a Jr this year, got them confused ..... Chris Allen will be attending Abilene Christian im sorry for the confusion :notworthy

mossad
05-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Maybe since Brody is at Baylor Trahan will let us spread our wings....what do you think?

Gator4ever
05-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Russo who's a walk-on from Texas City(Arkansas) as a kicker gave up scholarships to be on a division one team. Wonder if he stayed?

A lot of discussion went on in Texas City about the time of the end of the 2006 season. Trahan was the first team all-district quaterback as a sophomore. Honeycutt went on to be the sophomore and junior who led the gators into the playoffs and will be the senior who leads us in 2009. Honeycutt has never made all-district right?
Texas City was not happy with Trahan's way of putting his son up forward but then again Brody was a great talent. It looked as if he was just putting his son in there.

mossad
05-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Russo who's a walk-on from Texas City(Arkansas) as a kicker gave up scholarships to be on a division one team. Wonder if he stayed?

A lot of discussion went on in Texas City about the time of the end of the 2006 season. Trahan was the first team all-district quaterback as a sophomore. Honeycutt went on to be the sophomore and junior who led the gators into the playoffs and will be the senior who leads us in 2009. Honeycutt has never made all-district right?
Texas City was not happy with Trahan's way of putting his son up forward but then again Brody was a great talent. It looked as if he was just putting his son in there.

As far as brodys football for the future coach Trahan really messed it up. Brody could have been one of the best runningbacks/fullback/linebacker in the district. I have even personally heard him say linebacker/running back are the positions he is best at. Brody is very physical and loves contact. At QB he couldnt spread his wings. Could you imagine that Linebacker core, Chris Myers,Yousef Nacouzi and brody? thats some hard hitting!

Gator4ever
05-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Mossad,

Yes... He could still be a great linebacker as I remember in the Dobie game where some cheap shots by Dobie were starting and then all of a sudden I see Brody playing defense..lol. It looked as if he body slammed a Dobie player and then he went back to the sidelines.

mossad
05-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Mossad,

Yes... He could still be a great linebacker as I remember in the Dobie game where some cheap shots by Dobie were starting and then all of a sudden I see Brody playing defense..lol. It looked as if he body slammed a Dobie player and then he went back to the sidelines.

are u refering to this ??? lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3IxOqTTT10

Gator4ever
05-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Mossad,

Nice vidoe and all but it was an actual play that he was put into the game on. He was playing linebacker for one play and body slammed some guy. I sawed it with me own eyes..lol.

mossad
05-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Mossad,

Nice vidoe and all but it was an actual play that he was put into the game on. He was playing linebacker for one play and body slammed some guy. I sawed it with me own eyes..lol.

wow really??? see what i mean? I missed it, he would have been a BEAST at linebacker!!

Gator4ever
05-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Mossad,

I agree with you about all the trash talk and such that has taken place against LaMarque,Texas City,Friendswood, etc...

24-5A has it's own problems with that Veterans stadium in League City...lol. I was talking with the woman who takes tickets and has been there for years and she says Clear Lake is the biggest problem because they stir shite when they have to be on the visiting side etc...Creek seems to handle it fine as do the other teams but not Lake and police have arrested many on the Lake side from time to time..lol.
Problem for Lake and the rest of the clear teams is that they don't have a stadium of there own for any of these four teams. Maybe that has something to do with Lake and football???

mossad
05-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Mossad,

I agree with you about all the trash talk and such that has taken place against LaMarque,Texas City,Friendswood, etc...

24-5A has it's own problems with that Veterans stadium in League City...lol. I was talking with the woman who takes tickets and has been there for years and she says Clear Lake is the biggest problem because they stir shite when they have to be on the visiting side etc...Creek seems to handle it fine as do the other teams but not Lake and police have arrested many on the Lake side from time to time..lol.
Problem for Lake and the rest of the clear teams is that they don't have a stadium of there own for any of these four teams. Maybe that has something to do with Lake and football???

Thats true, I see another school coming up on hwy 96, its huge! What scool is that? If im not mistaking i see a football field also!

Gator4ever
05-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Hey,

I don't know what the school is but I also know it's coming. If I try to guess it will be Clear something...lol.

I hope they have a new stadium because I don't want to play at veterans stadium more than twice a year but last year was three times. If you think about it they play something like seven games per year at that same stadium being both home team and away team and it's an advantage indeed.

mossad
05-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Hey,

I don't know what the school is but I also know it's coming. If I try to guess it will be Clear something...lol.

I hope they have a new stadium because I don't want to play at veterans stadium more than twice a year but last year was three times. If you think about it they play something like seven games per year at that same stadium being both home team and away team and it's an advantage indeed.

i see a stadium, the way it is built reminds me of Pearland Dawsons school

Gator4ever
05-13-2009, 01:04 AM
I need to go look at the school and stadium. Will do it on Friday and see what things look like.

They sure need another stadium cause it would really hurt to have to play another "Clear team" in the same stadium like last year.

What happened to the days of travel and community? When we could visit a town and a new stadium five times a year..lol. We played in Dickinson 5 games and then we played three games in "Clear stadium". We only had one other game on a different field and that was Dobie. Soooo we played in three stadiums all year right? Then we get to the playoffs and go play in three new stadiums that we have "Never" played in...lol

mossad
05-13-2009, 07:09 AM
I need to go look at the school and stadium. Will do it on Friday and see what things look like.

They sure need another stadium cause it would really hurt to have to play another "Clear team" in the same stadium like last year.

What happened to the days of travel and community? When we could visit a town and a new stadium five times a year..lol. We played in Dickinson 5 games and then we played three games in "Clear stadium". We only had one other game on a different field and that was Dobie. Soooo we played in three stadiums all year right? Then we get to the playoffs and go play in three new stadiums that we have "Never" played in...lol

exactly! why havent we scheduled any real test during the pre season? Im confused. Bellaire...........BELLAIRE lol. You are right, the clears with all that money, cant afford their own stadium? Veterans stadium isnt much to look at either.

Gator4ever
05-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Yea,

It's cramped with no track and the visitor side is all you can do to fit into the seats. Clear Creek during homecoming against Lake had many people sitting in the isle and I decided to go watch the game from the field. I actually gave our seats to a Marine in uniform.

85Roughneck
05-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Yea, gave our seats to a Marine in uniform.

that's what I'm talking about! I knew you was good people Gator4ever. ;)

Gator4ever
05-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Roughneck,

Thanks very much Roughneck. I'd sit upside down for a "fellow" Marine anyday..lol.

I know some things that would make you Katy proud but cannot speak here due to reasons you would understand. When I come vist and see you fellers I'll let you know. You will be proud of your Katy Marines.

mossad
05-14-2009, 08:06 AM
My uncles were all marines. Theres a meaning behind my member name. My uncles were all in Vietnam, one who we thought was dead showed up out of no where 6 years later. Just standing in the driveway, he never talks about his experience but when he would get drunk he would tell me little tid bits. He told me about a group he was with called mossad, he told me to study it, and I did.

mossad
05-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Heard they will be selling turkey legs at the blue and white game :D

Gator4ever
05-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Mossad,

If you get a chance to thank your uncles from me it would be genuine and from the heart.
My friend who served was once sitting on my back porch sipping a beer or three with me and we got to talking. I said very little but he started talkin about VN and all of a sudden he got really pissed off and accused me of making him talk about it...I told him if I wanted to know about it I'd ask my father since he did two tours in VN and one in Korea. We still talk and he is much better as time passes.

Turkey legs sound good...how bout beer..lol?

mossad
05-14-2009, 01:56 PM
my uncle passed away about a year ago, but he would never get angry but he would DRINK, he seemed almost sad. I will tell my other 2 though:). Yes turkey leg!!! No beer lol, even if they did I dont drink, im already crazy I dont think i need to enhance in anymore lol

Gator4ever
05-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Hey,

I don't drink except on special occasions and that's maybe three times per year. Last time was when the whole family got together and I was not used to drinking..lol. My sister set the standards with her vodka so I joined in and that was a mistake. I was trying to maintain myself and did a good job but the next day was murder..lol. Reminded me of my times in Russia and other strange places...Ha Ha Ha...

mossad
05-15-2009, 07:58 AM
hey,

i don't drink except on special occasions and that's maybe three times per year. Last time was when the whole family got together and i was not used to drinking..lol. My sister set the standards with her vodka so i joined in and that was a mistake. I was trying to maintain myself and did a good job but the next day was murder..lol. Reminded me of my times in russia and other strange places...ha ha ha...

lmao!

85Roughneck
05-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Theres a meaning behind my member name.

looked it up ... very interesting

mossad
05-15-2009, 09:47 AM
looked it up ... very interesting

My uncle never went into detail but that after vietnam he was chosen with 4 other marines and were transfered to Lebanon, thats all I ever got from him, he never said anything else but to study them.

Gator4ever
05-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Most combat veterans of VN won't talk much about it unless they are talking with another veteran of VN. Still they don't really talk about it but they seem to be relaxed with those persons who they feel they don't have to explain the feelings they have and are glad to have the kinship without those type words.
Those that don't have the combat experience will usually talk at any length about things but in the end they seem to have neither paid a dear mental price or where in "the rear with the gear".
Last year I found out my uncle who was in the Marines in VN was paralyzed for six months during the war. He told nobody including his parents when it happened and my father did not even know. An explosion caused some type of nerve injury and he was a completely paralyzed person for six months. His wife told me as we were sitting by the swimming pool and my jaw dropped to the floor. She told me he did not want his parents or relatives to worry about him and luckily one day he walked out of the hospital.

mossad
05-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Most combat veterans of VN won't talk much about it unless they are talking with another veteran of VN. Still they don't really talk about it but they seem to be relaxed with those persons who they feel they don't have to explain the feelings they have and are glad to have the kinship without those type words.
Those that don't have the combat experience will usually talk at any length about things but in the end they seem to have neither paid a dear mental price or where in "the rear with the gear".
Last year I found out my uncle who was in the Marines in VN was paralyzed for six months during the war. He told nobody including his parents when it happened and my father did not even know. An explosion caused some type of nerve injury and he was a completely paralyzed person for six months. His wife told me as we were sitting by the swimming pool and my jaw dropped to the floor. She told me he did not want his parents or relatives to worry about him and luckily one day he walked out of the hospital.

he went through so much and through eerything he remained humble. He did develop a very very heavy drinking habit when he returned

Gator4ever
05-15-2009, 06:31 PM
"God bless your uncle".

My father was lucky in a way as he was 35 years old when he went VN. I remember myself and brother and sister sending him off at the airport. Unlike most of the young men who went he had a complete family to love and help him on his return.

ftballin11
05-15-2009, 06:33 PM
WHy dont the 2 of you just go on a date.:D

mossad
05-16-2009, 02:47 PM
lol i got a girlfriend! the game is ednsday, are you read??

Gator4ever
05-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Ahahahhaa.......

Was that to imply we are gay..lol.

I can't help but laugh at that one..lol.

mossad
05-17-2009, 05:24 PM
We look very very fast:eek: checked out a practice.....we are fast

ftballin11
05-17-2009, 05:27 PM
lol i got a girlfriend! the game is ednsday, are you read??

I think she should be worried:D

Gator4ever
05-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Mossad,

Sounds like they will be very interesting to watch. I wonder if Mr. Trahan will opt for special teams this year or just line up like the Clear Springs game without a punt returner..lol.

mossad
05-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Maybe he shouldnt have put a sophmore back there who used to play QB and needed to build some nerve first lol. Even though he ran 1 back for a TD against angleton, I think we should put 4.3 speedster Dante Brown or Cory Thomas. Hopefully our special teams will be good this year!

Gator4ever
05-18-2009, 12:38 PM
I saw that new "clear" high school under construction and it looks huge. I noticed the football lights but wonder if there will be a new stadium? Looks like the school will be very very large.

mossad
05-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Its HUUGE, When i looked right as I was driving I almost drove off the side of the road, im thinking they will have a new stadium

Gator4ever
05-18-2009, 03:10 PM
How about Galveston Ball? I read today that they may not field a JV team because they only have 60 players in the Spring. The coach is trying to get 100 players but looks like it may not happen.
The Galveston offense is gonna change and they are expecting to have many players going both ways. Looks like they will make it to 4A or possibly 3A.

mossad
05-19-2009, 07:23 AM
How about Galveston Ball? I read today that they may not field a JV team because they only have 60 players in the Spring. The coach is trying to get 100 players but looks like it may not happen.
The Galveston offense is gonna change and they are expecting to have many players going both ways. Looks like they will make it to 4A or possibly 3A.

ok I was thinking they may go 3a

Gator4ever
05-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Galveston is in the crapper but who knows? I'm wondering if they have people on LaMarque or Texas City?

Have not heard of any players or potential players moving into the mainland programs but I'll know and post soon.

mossad
05-20-2009, 07:24 AM
Galveston is in the crapper but who knows? I'm wondering if they have people on LaMarque or Texas City?

Have not heard of any players or potential players moving into the mainland programs but I'll know and post soon.

our guard is from galveston.

Gator4ever
05-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Is he recently from Galveston or did he come from the hurricane situation?

mossad
05-20-2009, 01:31 PM
he came over from the hurricane i think. Hes a big guy, the line is not big like last year but it is still BIG

mossad
05-21-2009, 07:21 AM
The scrimage was ok, offensive line does not look good, we probably will finish 3rd to fourth

Gator4ever
05-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Hmmm.,

I see an undefeated regular season or a 6-4 season but I know with the quarterback experience as well as the "secret weapon" that the Gators have a serious chance to make the next "level". The next level is the one that involves special teams and a robust ability to see the bigger picture.

Just my three cents worth.

Remember Trahan can go unbeaten until the last regular season game as he has done two or maybe three times here in Gatorland but as you know last year we went 6-0 and the wheels fell off early but by playoff time the the new tires worked well. He can blend a team to go all through the regular season without defeat but he has to make sure the players play every game well.

mossad
05-22-2009, 07:16 AM
Hmmm.,

I see an undefeated regular season or a 6-4 season but I know with the quarterback experience as well as the "secret weapon" that the Gators have a serious chance to make the next "level". The next level is the one that involves special teams and a robust ability to see the bigger picture.

Just my three cents worth.

Remember Trahan can go unbeaten until the last regular season game as he has done two or maybe three times here in Gatorland but as you know last year we went 6-0 and the wheels fell off early but by playoff time the the new tires worked well. He can blend a team to go all through the regular season without defeat but he has to make sure the players play every game well.

You are right, I am jumping to conclusions. We have Runningbacks for days and My cousin (#55 on blue team wednsday) didnt touch the playbook is what he said. They only ran 3 plays he said out of the new formations. Dante Brown looked explosive and he said they will be tuning up and getting ready. I wish I knew what this SECRET WEAPON is lol:D

Gator4ever
05-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Yea three plays is all you need for a public showing..lol.

I understand the secret weapon or weapons is for secret need to know people and I'm not one of them people..lol

mossad
05-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Yea three plays is all you need for a public showing..lol.

I understand the secret weapon or weapons is for secret need to know people and I'm not one of them people..lol

yeah im gonna have to do some investigation lol

Gator4ever
05-22-2009, 11:35 PM
I hear LaMarque will beat North Shore but I'm not holding a crystal ball or anything like that. Maybe it has to do with the reps and preps or maybe this year will be an interesting Ball of fun for the Cougars???

Gator4ever
05-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Talked today with a Galveston "person" who confirmed that Ball will be 4A almost for sure and that he's only got 60 players now. Will make a comeback but is estimated to take three years due to the students not having come back to Galveston yet. They feel some will and some will not but it looks to be a big question mark.

mossad
05-24-2009, 12:55 AM
I hear LaMarque will beat North Shore but I'm not holding a crystal ball or anything like that. Maybe it has to do with the reps and preps or maybe this year will be an interesting Ball of fun for the Cougars???

North Shores Depth chart better be ready because we know what la marque is capable of lol. La marque has that country speed lol. Galveston will probably be 4a for a couple of years. We will see, that program will have to make some serious improvements

HUM398
05-24-2009, 12:59 AM
North Shores Depth chart better be ready because we know what la marque is capable of lol. La marque has that country speed lol. Galveston will probably be 4a for a couple of years. We will see, that program will have to make some serious improvements

Their are several programs that will benefit greatly from going 4a.

Humble, and Baytown lee in specific.

Going 5a after being split is great for renewing tradition, and rebuilding program identity. For Programs like Ball, Humble, and Lee....It will only make them that much stronger when they return to 5a, which all three of them will.

ftballin11
05-24-2009, 04:55 PM

Northshore is a team with the same kind of athletes as Lamarque. But more depth. I think Shore will handle Lamarque with ease.JMO.

mossad
05-26-2009, 07:22 AM
Northshore is a team with the same kind of athletes as Lamarque. But more depth. I think Shore will handle Lamarque with ease.JMO.

Oh no doubt north shore is deeper, but la marque, im trying to tell you its a different kind of weather in Galveston County lol Gator4life can tell you better than i can of 12 str8 years of not being able to turn the corner on a team gets frustrating. A different kind of speed, I have seen North Shore play, I heard about beaumont Westbrooks team speed but to be honest to us they seemed no faster than we were. I would have loved to see northshores state team against la marque 2007 team. even after being deprived of ALOT of its players because of open district they still maintain and keep it moving with a roster filled with sophmores and freshman keeping up with friendswood state semifinalist.

Gator4ever
06-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Hello,

My computer blew up in a lightening storm and not even my surge protection worked...lol. A tree was hit with lightening only 100 yards from my home and I went out and had to buy all new gear.
Now I have vista and a 24 inch monitor with 50,000 whatevers so I can everything clearly....Ha H a Ha

mossad
06-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Hello,

My computer blew up in a lightening storm and not even my surge protection worked...lol. A tree was hit with lightening only 100 yards from my home and I went out and had to buy all new gear.
Now I have vista and a 24 inch monitor with 50,000 whatevers so I can everything clearly....Ha H a Ha

:eek:....................*moving my computer near the room with the tree outside* so if mines blew up i can have the 24 inch screen???

Gator4ever
06-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Sweet,

This computer is just finre with me and it's got very fast speed with comcast. The screen is so big it's alarming...lol. I wonder how I used a 14' screen for so long???

I been to three baseball games for the pro team down in Texas City. The team is composed of mostly university(former) players who want a shot at the minor league and last year two players were picked up from the team here. The guys don't make much money at about 200-350 per week but they play 60 games and 40 are in Texas City at Robinson Stadium. The funny thing is that they sell beer at the games and it's the high school stadium..lol.

mossad
06-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Sweet,

This computer is just finre with me and it's got very fast speed with comcast. The screen is so big it's alarming...lol. I wonder how I used a 14' screen for so long???

I been to three baseball games for the pro team down in Texas City. The team is composed of mostly university(former) players who want a shot at the minor league and last year two players were picked up from the team here. The guys don't make much money at about 200-350 per week but they play 60 games and 40 are in Texas City at Robinson Stadium. The funny thing is that they sell beer at the games and it's the high school stadium..lol.

i heard they have a nice squad?

Gator4ever
06-07-2009, 12:00 PM
The "Toros" are a good team with one pitcher from Galveston Ball and no college experience. He was hurt in the minors and is now playing fairly well with the local pro team.
Yesterday the team hit two home runs in the same inning and the hat was passed around for the kids who hit them. Those fellers get paid so little it means any chance the announcer has to pay them via the audience then he does..lol. I figured the team needed 7500 per week in revenue to pay the 25 man roster and also pay the coaches at a minimum. Since they have corporate sponsors it means they "may" make the bottom line financially but for some reason I doubt it. With sixty total games they will play 40 at home this year but the attendace is 100-200 at best for each game and the tickets are 5-7 per serson.

I suppose it will last this year as last year but it may be a hobby for some owners who will keep it going. There are six teams and all the teams have nice uniforms and good equipment so who really knows what's going on here financially???

mossad
06-10-2009, 02:53 PM
im going to have to check out one of their games soon

Gator4ever
06-11-2009, 01:17 PM
They are here and playing on Thursday through Sunday and the times are like the Astro's at 7:05 but 6:05 on Sunday.

Gator4ever
06-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Mossad,

Did you notice on the site here in the regional rankings that Dickinson is ranked number 8 and Clear Lake comes in at number 6. Is a nice jesture and hopefully we live up to it.

Wypirates03
06-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Sorry to jump in this thread... but

Wylie has your old band director...

And... DIckinson will go 0-10 every year for the next 36 years. :notworthy

Gator4ever
06-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Hey Wylie,

Lol....

If my memory serves me right the Dickinson band has won state championships in marching in both 4A and 5A. I think they have four or five state titles and have never not qualified for state except last year..lol.

mossad
06-12-2009, 06:02 AM
They are right about one thing, we dont struggle in the talent pool, but we do struggle in the scheme pool lol. Hopefully we put it together, LOL@ the putting Clay Honeycutt as a ALL PURPOSE instead of QB. By the way, im hearing about some players not recieving their college letters this year. I will update you on this very soon.

Gator4ever
06-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Hey,

I met with the linebacker of LaMarque as well as the best DB for LaMarque yesterday. I didn't have much time and that made me mad cause I wanted to talk in depth about the team.
I can say for sure that they are gonna be good and play with a lot of heart. They are totally pumped up about the season and I joked at them and asked if they were gonna beat Dawson this year..lol. They laughed and they assured me it's a done deal.
For some reason I'm thinking they will explode into greatness this year.

That game they played against Friendswood last year ranks as the 11th or 12th highest scoring game in Texas history according to Texas Football. I think the score was 69-48 or something close to that. I remember when Westbrook dfeated Dickinson in the dome of the final 8 in 5A 49-30. At the time that was the record for scoring in a 5A playoff game. Now days 50-40 seems normal..lol.

mossad
06-12-2009, 06:52 PM
I am bold about saying this, when La Marque is having just a GOOD year....Its some 5A teams that just couldnt handle them. When they are having a great year you can bet they will beat anybody, they just play with so much confidence and swagger. I remember when Katy defeated us they said we shouldnt talk alot but they just dont understand the district we come from, remember the days when we have good teams here in dickinson and recieve 59 to 3 beatdowns from them. they always have good coaches, I just pray we are blessed with coaches like they have!:notworthy

Gator4ever
06-12-2009, 07:19 PM
After the terrible season they had last year I'm betting that will not happen for a time. Seems to me they will be very very very good this year but look out for injuries as I'm not sure they can run too deep with only 1100 or 999 students????

mossad
06-15-2009, 10:58 AM
they will be deep in the skilled position area. they will be fast once again

dada
06-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Wow...Dave Campbell has Dickinson finishing 5th in District with Clear Springs winning it.

Gator4ever
06-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Yea we like it like that...lol

I would bet he is not too accurate on Dickinson over the years except when we had the terrible runs. I am thinking we like the way he has us rated.

Gator4ever
06-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Bellevue won't score much against Katy but who really knows? In a perfect world for the Bell's they may get 17 points but I don't think so.

My solid prediction is that the game will get out of hand and Katy will do the honorable thing in not running up the score.

mossad
06-18-2009, 03:36 PM
:o oh.....yes.......dickinson......will......finish.. ...5th.......oh....wowest...me
.....i.....hope.......we......can.......win......a .........game......for......all......of....
our......weapons......are.......gone.......what... ......shalleth........we.......do??;)

Gator4ever
06-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Clear Springs had a Cinderella year as a first year team and nearly made the playoffs due to the canceled district game due to the hurricane.
Problem with following those close wins and close losses is that they will not be looked at as a Cinderella anymore.
Dickinson closes the season at home with Clear Springs and that should be interesting. Everyone should want to play us on the last game of the regular season with our current staff and such.

We were 8-0 and lost the outright district title. We were the same in another season or similar in this decade also. Last year we lost to Ball High and were forced to win against Clear Springs to make the playoffs.

I have a feeling that Clear Springs will go 6-4 or 7-3 but I don't think they will win district. Lake,Creek, and Brook will pound them down before they arrive to meet us but with our history it may be interesting.

cmore
06-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Wow...Dave Campbell has Dickinson finishing 5th in District with Clear Springs winning it.

24-5A is weaker this yr. Dickinson may still get in. The talent level in the district is down also. I think the 4th post season slot will be a dogfight, with no particular favorite. Dickinsons depth? Will they have any this yr???

Gator4ever
06-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Dickinson just needs a quarterback to play most of the season. For the last two years Dickinson has lost to the 4A state champion in the playoffs and also the 5A champion in the playoffs. Those two teams being Lamar Consolidated and Katy.
Both seasons started with one quaterback and ended with injury during the game. Our quaterback for both seasons and into the playoffs will return in 2009. WOW.... He gets to start the season instead of playing a different position and obviously getting little or "NO" reps before the injuries occured.
Thankfully our quarterback is smart and is going to Texas AM because he learns fast. Hopefully the Briles type offense will appear and he will have it all studied before the season starts.

Defense may be weaker on the line as well as the offensive line but I expect a few surprises that will show a different look with quickness as a factor and footwork remidied as the solution.

mossad
06-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Dickinson just needs a quarterback to play most of the season. For the last two years Dickinson has lost to the 4A state champion in the playoffs and also the 5A champion in the playoffs. Those two teams being Lamar Consolidated and Katy.
Both seasons started with one quaterback and ended with injury during the game. Our quaterback for both seasons and into the playoffs will return in 2009. WOW.... He gets to start the season instead of playing a different position and obviously getting little or "NO" reps before the injuries occured.
Thankfully our quarterback is smart and is going to Texas AM because he learns fast. Hopefully the Briles type offense will appear and he will have it all studied before the season starts.

Defense may be weaker on the line as well as the offensive line but I expect a few surprises that will show a different look with quickness as a factor and footwork remidied as the solution.

Runningbacks will be back, we need the speedy Donovan back ...... 4.32 forty...oops should have said that lol....cory thomas attended the Rice camp where he ran 4.43 4.45 and 4.47 ....... Rice was VERY impressed with him....This team will be way more disciplined than last year, secondary is our weakness. Lake will be hell and so will brook and creek will surprise many.

Gator4ever
06-20-2009, 12:09 PM
How is Lake gonna be hell?..lol

That little quarterback was the key to victory last year as he was very similar to Lane Berry at Clear Brook.

For some reason I'm not feeling the "love" for a great district run for Lake.

mossad
06-20-2009, 06:30 PM
their JV qb is FASTER that the starter last year, and u know how it is with option, u can surprise and beat anyone with that boring smoke and mirrors offense, it takes up the whole quater and if they score you better score fast. i hate option

Gator4ever
06-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Hmmmm....

Yea I understand how half the district on the Lake names run the same offense strategy but what I don't understand is why they don't open things up or at least have an option for it.

When you get a 14 point lead on Lake or Brook or Springs you can be sure you can hold it for at least or almost two quarters and then "they" must not make any mistakes right?

What it seems to come down to is the ability to put a large line on the field complete with a small quaterback and then hope to get four yards per carry. It works good if you have the right quaterback but 2009 will be a test of sorts as I can see it for these type teams except Creek who has an average returning QB.

mossad
06-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Hmmmm....

Yea I understand how half the district on the Lake names run the same offense strategy but what I don't understand is why they don't open things up or at least have an option for it.

When you get a 14 point lead on Lake or Brook or Springs you can be sure you can hold it for at least or almost two quarters and then "they" must not make any mistakes right?

What it seems to come down to is the ability to put a large line on the field complete with a small quaterback and then hope to get four yards per carry. It works good if you have the right quaterback but 2009 will be a test of sorts as I can see it for these type teams except Creek who has an average returning QB.

they better not play us for slaps, like i said before speed kills

Gator4ever
06-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Dickinson will be fine to great depending a lot on the running backs as you mentioned. After having little or no running backs last year we made the third round of the playoffs and that had to do with having solid lines right?

I would bet the lines will be okay to excellent this year and okay is the worst it will get in my opinion. Seems the team will learn easier and be more motivated due to just the right amount of on field leadership.

The extra factor for 2009 will be "MY" surprise unless you unviel it first???

mossad
06-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Dickinson will be fine to great depending a lot on the running backs as you mentioned. After having little or no running backs last year we made the third round of the playoffs and that had to do with having solid lines right?

I would bet the lines will be okay to excellent this year and okay is the worst it will get in my opinion. Seems the team will learn easier and be more motivated due to just the right amount of on field leadership.

The extra factor for 2009 will be "MY" surprise unless you unviel it first???

This "SURPRISE" you speak of is a new move in correct? Big kid?:ninja:

Gator4ever
06-24-2009, 03:32 PM
That is a good thing but it's too early for me to give it up...lol.

GATA93
06-29-2009, 06:52 PM
I am looking forward to this season I think we will have more speed this year!

GATA93
06-29-2009, 10:18 PM
That is a good thing but it's too early for me to give it up...lol.

Man I need to know who this surprise is I stay in Houston now so I don't have all the scoop anymore LOL

mossad
06-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Im not for sure but their will be a few surprises, team speed and disciplne will definetly be better but expeience will be low. We will see.

GATA93
07-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Im not for sure but their will be a few surprises, team speed and disciplne will definetly be better but expeience will be low. We will see.

Either way I'm excited I know that we have the best stadium and workout rooms in galveston county so that has to payoff soon.

Gator4ever
07-02-2009, 11:24 AM
GATA93,

Welcome and best wishes to you and the "Gators.

Is much better to have facilities now than be like we were before. It's like two different worlds.

GATA93
07-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Yes it is I remmember when I was there in the early 90's we did not have much our stadium was old but we did have lots of pride

Gator4ever
07-07-2009, 12:01 AM
For a long time the stadium was probably perfect but for a long time it was too old and small. For all those years it built a mountain of memories and in the end we will build many new one's.

85Roughneck
07-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Hey fellas, how's dem Gators coming along?

Gator4ever
07-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Hello,

Seems the Gators are full of new ideas and that type of thing in regards to playing in district 24. Maybe it all has to do with an offense that has running backs but at the same time an efficient passing game. Unlike last year the team will be built on pass and run offense because we now have backs.

I'm thinking a few surprises are in order but all is not coming to my ears at this time???

85Roughneck
07-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Hello,

Seems the Gators are full of new ideas and that type of thing in regards to playing in district 24. Maybe it all has to do with an offense that has running backs but at the same time an efficient passing game. Unlike last year the team will be built on pass and run offense because we now have backs.

I'm thinking a few surprises are in order but all is not coming to my ears at this time???

sounds good, bro. I look forward to keeping up with the Gators this season. I wish you and the G's good luck.

Gator4ever
07-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Hey there,

Thanks for the kind words about the Gators and be assured the same feelings come from "most" of us in Dickinson.

I hope your season is greater than last year in division "One"...lol.

Seriously I wish the best for your team and community.

Gator4ever

mossad
07-12-2009, 12:13 AM
I think e might surprise a lot depending on if they really let our players play and not keep them in a box. Jashaud Sims will still be at corner but they need to maybe experiment with him at WR and QB along with Rolling clay out of the pocket because he can throw on the run. I think our 1 test Angleton will tell alot, ANGLETON has some size and they ARE FAST! So that will tell a lot!

Gator4ever
07-12-2009, 02:39 AM
I agree with the roll-out passing but Angleton will do what they do best and that's run the football. Maybe they will wear down like last year and maybe not?

Angleton being a 4A team is good in 4A but after watching last year and the difference in 4A versus 5A I don't think they will hang too long because of the depth and in the case they propose it sort of reminds me of Beaumont WB. No offense to WB but a running game is as good as the size and depth of the line as well as the footwork.

I see Dickinson opening the season with a win at Angleton and a score of 28-14.

85Roughneck
07-13-2009, 01:31 PM
I see Dickinson opening the season with a win at Angleton and a score of 28-14.

if not much worse ... ;)

Gator4ever
07-13-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm not really sure how tough Angleton will be but they don't have as many running backs with blazing speed like last year right?

DJ Monroe who was taken by University of Texas was held down pretty good by the Gators in his last meeting with us but god only knows in 2009 what they might have...lol.

Texas City is gonna surprise a ton of people this year as they have almost recruited the hurricane players in a silent manner. They are tearing down schools and building new ones. They have spent one million dollars on a scoreboard. All this happened in a way to not be outdone by Dickinson...lol. We could never beat Texas City on spending money because the plants pay them a ton of cash.

There are a lot of good football players in Texas City as we speak. Last year the coach opted to bench most of the seniors and went with youth. I talked with one of the players yesterday and he is a Sophomore and is 6'2 200 and plays linebacker. He looks like a statue in muscle build and a very polite youngster. I know of three other players they drafted..lol

mossad
07-14-2009, 06:34 PM
angleton still has henry Josey 6' 190 4.3 40 and quadre diggs 5'10 175 4.3.......... they still have speed.....they have a big offensive line and there running game will be there but we have a defense and 36000000000 running backs lol. We will win 35-21

Gator4ever
07-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Hey,

Angleton gave up 56 points to us last year but the offense looked good. I believe they could have gone a lot farther in the playoffs with a defense that limited teams even marginally.

Our defense is somewhat non-tested but looks to be okay. Angleton has speed but they make mistakes that may rival us a my memory serves me...lol

85Roughneck
07-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Hey,

Angleton gave up 56 points to us last year but the offense looked good. I believe they could have gone a lot farther in the playoffs with a defense that limited teams even marginally.

Our defense is somewhat non-tested but looks to be okay. Angleton has speed but they make mistakes that may rival us a my memory serves me...lol

Why do you think Dickinson plays 4A teams instead of filling there pre-season with the toughest 5A teams they can find? just curious ...

mossad
07-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Why do you think Dickinson plays 4A teams instead of filling there pre-season with the toughest 5A teams they can find? just curious ...

I agree with you but ANGLETON will get us ready for the speed, there was no team we played who was faster that Henry Josey 4.3 and quadre diggs 4.3 and another running back who is 4.3 they racked up more rushing yards on us that any team we played including KATY. I dont understand the Bay City game or the DOBIE game. They dont prepare us. maybe the back in the day Bay City could but these guys.. no way.

85Roughneck
07-16-2009, 10:24 PM
I agree with you but ANGLETON will get us ready for the speed, there was no team we played who was faster that Henry Josey 4.3 and quadre diggs 4.3 and another running back who is 4.3 they racked up more rushing yards on us that any team we played including KATY. I dont understand the Bay City game or the DOBIE game. They dont prepare us. maybe the back in the day Bay City could but these guys.. no way.

the "back in the day" Blackcats couldn't hang very well with a strong 5A program back then. Bay City never had a team chock full of talent. They mostly depended on one or two stars. In their championship years they may have had a few more but it wasn't the norm.

I'm surprised to hear that Angleton has such speed. That wasn;t the norm a few years ago either. In my day, we never ever lost to Angleton from 7th grade through Varsity. At Columbia, we were 4A and the Wildcats were 5A back in the mid-80's. We kicked the crap out of Angleton every year and then we turned around and lost a close game to 3A Sweeny my senior year. :(

Gator4ever
07-17-2009, 01:06 AM
Hmmmm,

You guys make some good points and I agree with most of them if not all of them. Here is my take on Dickinson and the teams they play or played.

Coach Trahan came into Dickinson some 9 years ago and the program was terrible. Mossad knows who "Comer" is and he destroyed what little of a program we had. Trahan had to build confidence and he did but the competition is district was furious as Texas City won another state title and LaMarque added a couple more as well.
The first year Trahan coached he went 5-5 and Dickinson was soooo happy. We even played the second longest overtime game in Texas history with 8 overtimes and won against Texas City(hard to win in there stadium.)
Later on as the years passed we had an 0-9 season and it was due to injuries and a loss of players. One year our best running back went to LaMarque and they won state again..lol.

I really believe that Trahan is new to 5A and is learning as fast as he can because mainly his career is based on 4A competition and there is a large difference indeed. The games against 5A show what the word "depth" means and for Trahan and Dickinson to compete they must play good or great teams in order to improve and evaluate.

If Trahan does not find a "punter" and completely take special teams into consideration the season will be a long one in many ways. I've never seen such poor special teams as I did last year. Who sets up for a punt return with nobody to return the ball? Dickinson does and did this in three different games because the people who are to return punts fumbled them away. The punts against Katy alone were terrible right?
It completely blows my mind when I see the difference in 4A to 5A but special teams last year looked as if the coaches spent little time with and assumed something along a 4A mentality the involves not needing them as badly or something?????

mossad
07-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Hmmmm,

You guys make some good points and I agree with most of them if not all of them. Here is my take on Dickinson and the teams they play or played.

Coach Trahan came into Dickinson some 9 years ago and the program was terrible. Mossad knows who "Comer" is and he destroyed what little of a program we had. Trahan had to build confidence and he did but the competition is district was furious as Texas City won another state title and LaMarque added a couple more as well.
The first year Trahan coached he went 5-5 and Dickinson was soooo happy. We even played the second longest overtime game in Texas history with 8 overtimes and won against Texas City(hard to win in there stadium.)
Later on as the years passed we had an 0-9 season and it was due to injuries and a loss of players. One year our best running back went to LaMarque and they won state again..lol.

I really believe that Trahan is new to 5A and is learning as fast as he can because mainly his career is based on 4A competition and there is a large difference indeed. The games against 5A show what the word "depth" means and for Trahan and Dickinson to compete they must play good or great teams in order to improve and evaluate.

If Trahan does not find a "punter" and completely take special teams into consideration the season will be a long one in many ways. I've never seen such poor special teams as I did last year. Who sets up for a punt return with nobody to return the ball? Dickinson does and did this in three different games because the people who are to return punts fumbled them away. The punts against Katy alone were terrible right?
It completely blows my mind when I see the difference in 4A to 5A but special teams last year looked as if the coaches spent little time with and assumed something along a 4A mentality the involves not needing them as badly or something?????

I couldnt have said it any better. right now i think trahan has maxed out all his potential. He doesnt even call shots from what i hear from the players. Coach Edmonds and offensive cord Coach Benight calls all the shots but Trahan puts who he wants in the positions and there is a clashing of heads on that subject between the coaches, im sorry if i put them out there but i had to go there.

Gator4ever
07-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Mossad,

I agree with ya M8 and understand it all..lol.

I get mad just thinking about the game against Galveston..lol. I talked with a coach before the game and he assured me that the attitude and all things were in order. So when everything is in order the Gators lost to Galveston and that's the only game they won in district. The band had maybe twnty people and the crowd they had consisted of maybe 300. Soooo...You can once again never believe the coaches know what's going on to a degree you can believe them.

I assume with facilities and the excessive pay the coach gets that it would not take much to get a quality coach and staff??? Hate to respond like this but sometimes you just know what's going on and have to speak up right?

mossad
07-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Mossad,

I agree with ya M8 and understand it all..lol.

I get mad just thinking about the game against Galveston..lol. I talked with a coach before the game and he assured me that the attitude and all things were in order. So when everything is in order the Gators lost to Galveston and that's the only game they won in district. The band had maybe twnty people and the crowd they had consisted of maybe 300. Soooo...You can once again never believe the coaches know what's going on to a degree you can believe them.

I assume with facilities and the excessive pay the coach gets that it would not take much to get a quality coach and staff??? Hate to respond like this but sometimes you just know what's going on and have to speak up right?

Yes you arer right, our coach was like a director creating amazing stories or sad endings. He had the power to have one of the most explosive recieving cores in the STATE, yes i said state, with RICIE GAINES DONALD HUNTER, and our HEAVILY Unvi of TEXAS recruit Jashaud sims who is 6'5 205 and hands and hops out of this world. but instead, he puts a sophmore QB as the slot reciever?? Maybe because it was one of the coaches nephews ;) Then with Brody only major school who wanted him being baylor...because his brother is there ;), he didnt want anyone out shining his son so with guys who were recieving serious letters from Univ of Oklahoma, Texas, Texas a&m texas tech, nebraska, purdue, kansas state were not even mentioned. As of matter of fact were never given there letters. So sad but thats how he rolls, even the way he has done some of the players i still pray for his health and his family, but to me its obvious he has his favorites.

Gator4ever
07-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Mossad,

I did not know about the letters to student athletes but if true would be somewhat of a violation in terms of what I understand but would have to refer to UIL rules on this.

Too much talent in Dickinson over the span of years. Remember when we lost to Texas City after leading 26-7 at halftime?( That game and year) The sprinter who won state in the 100 and 200 was taken by Kansas as he played minimal for your favorite coach at Dickinson (Comer) He then went on to be a good football player and big 12 champion in the 200. He finished up in the finals of the olympic trials and finished fifth. I think it was fifth.

The list goes on but what does the list mean? I suppose it means we lacked coaching and utilization of assets. It may mean we have never had a decent coach since Dub was here?

If this year starts or plays out like last year then it's time to seek and new coach and coaching staff. The coach wants 5-6 more years but we don't need to lock him up and let him guess how to coach but rather find a proven product and hand him the fine facilities and give him his own staff. JUST MY OPINION.

mossad
07-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Mossad,

I did not know about the letters to student athletes but if true would be somewhat of a violation in terms of what I understand but would have to refer to UIL rules on this.

Too much talent in Dickinson over the span of years. Remember when we lost to Texas City after leading 26-7 at halftime?( That game and year) The sprinter who won state in the 100 and 200 was taken by Kansas as he played minimal for your favorite coach at Dickinson (Comer) He then went on to be a good football player and big 12 champion in the 200. He finished up in the finals of the olympic trials and finished fifth. I think it was fifth.

The list goes on but what does the list mean? I suppose it means we lacked coaching and utilization of assets. It may mean we have never had a decent coach since Dub was here?

If this year starts or plays out like last year then it's time to seek and new coach and coaching staff. The coach wants 5-6 more years but we don't need to lock him up and let him guess how to coach but rather find a proven product and hand him the fine facilities and give him his own staff. JUST MY OPINION.

Yes i was on that 1999 team when we were up on texas city 26 to 7, i remember going into the lockeroom and the coach saying we were going to open up the pass, I also remember thinking why pass they could not stop us on the ground we were averaging 310 yards on the ground our offensive line was massive. Its time to get a real coach someone who knows football someone who will understand where our players are coming from. Someone who will not kick a player off the team for stealing a chicken basket. If i remember it correctly la marque had a player who was found with 15 pills and he was arrested during the 2006 season and the coach allowed him to come back but told him he would not play the same roll. i talked to that player and he said if that coach kicked him off the team he would have went down the drain, to this day he is still playing college football ((Last name haynes qb for la marque)) but the coach didnt give up on him, these kids make mistakes, huge mistakes when u become coach u have to become a father also, he uses some kids like prized pitulls and when hes done with them they dispose of them. he is not respected by his players, as much as i tell them to respect him they still have it hard trying to grasp that concept. Our football team should have been unstoppable last year.

Gator4ever
07-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Here is the really telling reason I want him to leave......I was at the fieldhouse to purchase tickets one day and two really old people were in front of me. The had to be 80 years old at least. They were nice and good Gator fans. They get to the front of the line and want to trade the tickets they had for new tickets as the game was cancelled due to the hurricane etc...The woman who is nice tells them she will talk to the coach (Trahan). He comes popping out of his office and tells the old folks that it's an act of god and no refunds. I look at them and imagine myself kicking Trahans *** right there on the spot. Can you believe the girl gives them tickets and probably out of her pocket....So a youngster had tons of more class than Trahan that day and stuff like that is just plain evil...

mossad
07-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Here is the really telling reason I want him to leave......I was at the fieldhouse to purchase tickets one day and two really old people were in front of me. The had to be 80 years old at least. They were nice and good Gator fans. They get to the front of the line and want to trade the tickets they had for new tickets as the game was cancelled due to the hurricane etc...The woman who is nice tells them she will talk to the coach (Trahan). He comes popping out of his office and tells the old folks that it's an act of god and no refunds. I look at them and imagine myself kicking Trahans *** right there on the spot. Can you believe the girl gives them tickets and probably out of her pocket....So a youngster had tons of more class than Trahan that day and stuff like that is just plain evil...

WOW im totally dumb founded, that is ridiculous...that makes me cringe, that is so sad, you always respect your elders, he should have came out of pocket for them. thats so sad, i emailed u check it out. I want him gone, the community wants him gone, he has did a mind job making people believe hes doing good things but we all know what hes like.

Gator4ever
07-22-2009, 03:41 PM
I cannot see any messages but I'm trying. Hmmm...

Yea he came into town making 85,000 per year which was more than the super and had a few eyebrows up..lol. He got a 5-5 season and made the playoffs three times in 9 or ten years. He then went on to say that it's been a while since Dickinson got this far in the playoffs and that's true but it's not the farthest in 5A and it was done with less players and less talent than he had.

Okay so now all three of his son's got scholarships and he's without a child in school. What would be his goal at Dickinson? I assume since his wife got closer to her workplace by moving to Dickinson then it will be all about the money as usual right?

I don't see his talents as a coach taking us any farther in the playoffs simply because it's 5A and he's not a 5A coach in my mind. His play calling is the worst I've seen in a long time and all his money is usually bet on one or two players rather than on a system. This is his proven take on football and how he lost to Texas City and gave them the state title tells it all.

5 years ago while I was talking with a high level Texas City official he mentioned how Trahan gave them the state title by having a rusher get 250 yeards against Texas City and the game went into overtime. Texas City won because Trahan threww the football for four straight plays when all he had to do was use the 250 plus running back. This analogy of the game five years has always been on my mind and has been proven over and over.

mossad
07-22-2009, 04:39 PM
I cannot see any messages but I'm trying. Hmmm...

Yea he came into town making 85,000 per year which was more than the super and had a few eyebrows up..lol. He got a 5-5 season and made the playoffs three times in 9 or ten years. He then went on to say that it's been a while since Dickinson got this far in the playoffs and that's true but it's not the farthest in 5A and it was done with less players and less talent than he had.

Okay so now all three of his son's got scholarships and he's without a child in school. What would be his goal at Dickinson? I assume since his wife got closer to her workplace by moving to Dickinson then it will be all about the money as usual right?

I don't see his talents as a coach taking us any farther in the playoffs simply because it's 5A and he's not a 5A coach in my mind. His play calling is the worst I've seen in a long time and all his money is usually bet on one or two players rather than on a system. This is his proven take on football and how he lost to Texas City and gave them the state title tells it all.

5 years ago while I was talking with a high level Texas City official he mentioned how Trahan gave them the state title by having a rusher get 250 yeards against Texas City and the game went into overtime. Texas City won because Trahan threww the football for four straight plays when all he had to do was use the 250 plus running back. This analogy of the game five years has always been on my mind and has been proven over and over.

He literally handed the game to them, you can see his emotions thru his play calling, it gets to the point where he calls anything, he folds his arms and all his coaches are standing on the sideline just looking at each other. Its ridiculous. The community needs to know these kind of things, players being mistreated, favortism and very bias depth chart.

Gator4ever
07-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Last year we had moments of of "WTF" going on all the time during games. It reminded me of "Comer"...lol. One time comer drove the ball into field goal range and opted to not take a timeout and he had two to use. Soooo... He rushes in his "pro style field goal team and then they panic and miss the field goal. Of course they lost the game but not on that field goal attempt. It was still first half and not that important to be in a rush.

My opinion is that he's not a nice person and has no real roots in the community other than his children. I would advise him to retire and get those five or six years at some other high that's even closer to his wifes job.

mossad
07-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Last year we had moments of of "WTF" going on all the time during games. It reminded me of "Comer"...lol. One time comer drove the ball into field goal range and opted to not take a timeout and he had two to use. Soooo... He rushes in his "pro style field goal team and then they panic and miss the field goal. Of course they lost the game but not on that field goal attempt. It was still first half and not that important to be in a rush.

My opinion is that he's not a nice person and has no real roots in the community other than his children. I would advise him to retire and get those five or six years at some other high that's even closer to his wifes job.

I remember being in the huddle and everyone saying, why is he calling this play, you are talking aboit the field goal against freindswood, we were crushing them and he just let totally off the gas and started to pass.

Its time for trahan to leave, I have heard so man complaints from people who work close to him, but its all up to leeland Williams, he has to pull the trigger, but he is just as lost as comer lol

Gator4ever
07-23-2009, 12:42 PM
I feel it's now a mess because Trahan is gonna try to establish himself as a better than coach than he is. If you look at his record here and determine the reasons he was not too good in 4A you will notice the main reason would be Texas City and LaMarque. That may be true in some cases but his playoff record in 4A was that he never won a game in the playoffs. His record now in 5A is 2-1 and based on playing a new school in the first round and pulling off a late victory in the second round.

Trahans playoff record tends to follow a pattern of panic and or over-confidence as does his district play. Since he regards special teams with "NO" regard he is apt to push the envelope on making stupid calls as we saw last year and the year before. I believe the 2007 team was better than 2008 but ran into Lamar Consolidated and the great running back. Maybe the game could have been played different but when time came to run the ball we passed and our best back had 179 yards and we lost 39-14. We had a chance to tie the game just after halftime and we throw a pass into the end zone for an interception right?

Bay City was the LaMarque of Trahan's domain that would be similar to the 4A district here. He dominated the district and had all the talent and that's why he won so many times. When he came here he noticed that he would not have the high rated talent and coaching would be needed. His record overall is not that good but he has managed to use these excuses and such to maintain his job. Nowwwww we have the students and the stadium and the good situation but I know as well as you do he won't change anything because he's not in shape to walk the sideleines and unable to compete mentally in 5A.

mossad
07-23-2009, 03:43 PM
I feel it's now a mess because Trahan is gonna try to establish himself as a better than coach than he is. If you look at his record here and determine the reasons he was not too good in 4A you will notice the main reason would be Texas City and LaMarque. That may be true in some cases but his playoff record in 4A was that he never won a game in the playoffs. His record now in 5A is 2-1 and based on playing a new school in the first round and pulling off a late victory in the second round.

Trahans playoff record tends to follow a pattern of panic and or over-confidence as does his district play. Since he regards special teams with "NO" regard he is apt to push the envelope on making stupid calls as we saw last year and the year before. I believe the 2007 team was better than 2008 but ran into Lamar Consolidated and the great running back. Maybe the game could have been played different but when time came to run the ball we passed and our best back had 179 yards and we lost 39-14. We had a chance to tie the game just after halftime and we throw a pass into the end zone for an interception right?

Bay City was the LaMarque of Trahan's domain that would be similar to the 4A district here. He dominated the district and had all the talent and that's why he won so many times. When he came here he noticed that he would not have the high rated talent and coaching would be needed. His record overall is not that good but he has managed to use these excuses and such to maintain his job. Nowwwww we have the students and the stadium and the good situation but I know as well as you do he won't change anything because he's not in shape to walk the sideleines and unable to compete mentally in 5A.

We always had talen, but with trahan coming from bay city a tight knitted country family oreinted town to a place where more tha half of your players are on drugs sell drugs or parents deal or in prison for drugs, he faced some of the most defiant disrespectful group of kids he has ever seen. Yes it is frustrating but he took a role of a sherrif instead of what was really needed, a father figure that these players needed, we have not had a head coach in 15 years who came out into the community and tried to help, he has kicked so many kids off the team, talented kids who needed a second chance for someone to believe in them. he didnt do it and our talent moved away or went back to the streets. La marque and texas city coaches knew how to handle their players, knew they needed second chances and he didnt do it. Our taleent is walking around the skool scared to play for him because he has the rep of "not caring" do you remember the qb from la marue during the playoffs in 2006? was caught with 10 pills out on the streets 3am on a school night, instead of kicking him off the team the coach allowed him back and said no youre not going to play the same role, but we no going to give up on ou, he played for south east prep and now is going to either sam houston or blinn, if he would have gave up on him that kid would have went the opposite direction. That is why he is not successful, he has become a sherrif. no youre not supposed to let kids get away with things but dont give them the easy way by kicking them off, punish them and make them earn their way back to the field, call them on the weekend and see if they need anything and maybe our players wont leave and go to la marque texas city and clear spring.

Gator4ever
07-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Oh Man!!!...My right hand is in the air as if I'm taking an oath.

I know of several situations that took place in regards to drugs and alcohol and some of these are taking place now.

Sadly I can tell you about ermm...a player who stayed doped up in the 2007 season and was a key part of the team. I must be smart and considerate not to mention names because it's all hearsay except for the fact that high school students run the mouths on a regular basis and when someone is really looking for drugs they tend to go out and expand territory because they have a higher need for more drugs.

Yea I know about LaMarque and also that certain people indulge in some form of acohol and drugs during the year and season but it's hearsay again. These kids can't keep secrets and seldom do the parents have a clue right? I can only encourage these young men to not use drugs right???

Trahan is more or less like a person that may not really be a good coach because he cannot maintain trust and when his real personality comes to the front many people would like to stomp his ***.

mossad
07-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Oh Man!!!...My right hand is in the air as if I'm taking an oath.

I know of several situations that took place in regards to drugs and alcohol and some of these are taking place now.

Sadly I can tell you about ermm...a player who stayed doped up in the 2007 season and was a key part of the team. I must be smart and considerate not to mention names because it's all hearsay except for the fact that high school students run the mouths on a regular basis and when someone is really looking for drugs they tend to go out and expand territory because they have a higher need for more drugs.

Yea I know about LaMarque and also that certain people indulge in some form of acohol and drugs during the year and season but it's hearsay again. These kids can't keep secrets and seldom do the parents have a clue right? I can only encourage these young men to not use drugs right???

Trahan is more or less like a person that may not really be a good coach because he cannot maintain trust and when his real personality comes to the front many people would like to stomp his ***.

Its crazy!!! we need one coach to come in who cares and will embrace dickinson and we will be a force in texas, there is so much speed and power and size here, so many kids reaching out and the only thin willing to accept them is drugs do you see what im saying?

mossad
07-23-2009, 09:29 PM
i hope we see more of this fellow this season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlsGqbaFUCY</EMBED>

Gator4ever
07-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Yea he's a good running back and should be very strong for the season. Hope he has a really good year despite what "may" happen....lol.

I'm just gonna go silent on Trahan because you know as well as I do that it won't do any good to go over his tactics but when the season starts I'm gonna be all over him. Maybe by some divine miracle I won't have to mention his name in vain....lol.

I still have a strong feeling the "Gators" will be good but maybe not as good as last year but I'm hoping for the community and those that care.

GATA93
07-24-2009, 04:54 PM
I hope so buddy I am just waiting for season to start! Dickinson if they can stay healthy and use all there talent the right way will be a contender for district title

Gator4ever
07-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Gata93,

I just want to smack Clear Lake at our house and let them know what it's all about as far as a community spirit goes.

mossad
07-24-2009, 10:09 PM
I pray we will not have to use trahans name in vain. He just needs to do what is right and everything else will fall into place.

GATA93
07-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Same here man I just want the best kids at each position to play and for them to use the right schemes with the players.

mossad
07-28-2009, 06:15 PM
I think if he pulls these stunts again the community needs to step up and see that we get someone in here not only to help with football but to help our community, I seen this team in the west serving the less fortunate in there community bbq dinners, and they also helped clean and did youth camps, thats what its all about. Football is so much more than just the field but doing this will translate to the football field.

Gator4ever
07-29-2009, 12:00 AM
I agree with you Mossad and that's what makes a person from Dickinson part of the community. We who grew up here understand the situation but if you were brought here for cash reasons and sang a song about wins and losses well that's another situation all together.

GATA93
07-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Are any of you guys going to the games this year I would love for us to all meet at the games and chat sometimes

GATA93
07-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Does anyone know if the scrimage is going to be on a weekend this year? With me working in Humble its hard to make a scrimage by 5:00pm on a week day :)

mossad
08-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Does anyone know if the scrimage is going to be on a weekend this year? With me working in Humble its hard to make a scrimage by 5:00pm on a week day :)

From what i know so far the scrimmage will be played in la porte, more than likely on a friday or saturday i think. Yes i think we should meet up only prob is i sit on the visitors side more than likely, because i like to VENT when certain things go on and you know that actually might be a bad thing to some people on our side lol. I also like to hear about other players on other teams and get their opinions, i have had some good football talk with visitors, i remember a Katy fan saying, wut is wrong with their coach and A LOT of them were saying this was the most athletic team we have ever played with HORRIBLE coaching. So i rather sit on the visitor side, i know alot of the players so they usually find me on the visitor side before the game starts lol.

Gator4ever
08-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Hey,

The scrimmage is on the 21st of August in LaPorte. I don't know the time but I just received a schedule that lists everything. My surprise is that all games will be on a "Friday" according to this schedule. Last year I think we had three Saturday games but then again this schedule may be off a bit. The reason we had Saturday games is because the Clear Creek stadium has so mamny games there that we had to play at that stadium three times and we had to fit into the schedule there on Saturdays.

Gata,

We should mjeet at the games and chat and complain together ...lol. Me and my friend can be the old ******** who know it all and you and Mossad can be the fine and intelliegent guys. Me and my friend can hark back to the "DAY" and complain about how we walked to school uphill both ways in the snow...lol. Actually we did walk to school while it was snowing one year..lol.

GATA93
08-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Hey,

The scrimmage is on the 21st of August in LaPorte. I don't know the time but I just received a schedule that lists everything. My surprise is that all games will be on a "Friday" according to this schedule. Last year I think we had three Saturday games but then again this schedule may be off a bit. The reason we had Saturday games is because the Clear Creek stadium has so mamny games there that we had to play at that stadium three times and we had to fit into the schedule there on Saturdays.

Gata,

We should mjeet at the games and chat and complain together ...lol. Me and my friend can be the old ******** who know it all and you and Mossad can be the fine and intelliegent guys. Me and my friend can hark back to the "DAY" and complain about how we walked to school uphill both ways in the snow...lol. Actually we did walk to school while it was snowing one year..lol.

Gato4ever

Sounds like a plan to me :) I would love to sit and chat with guys that love football and Dickinson as much as I do, every year when I go to the games I have no one to share my frustrations with LOL :)

Gator4ever
08-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Gata,

See you at LaPorte on the 21st but we may need to be stealth because Trahan may be reading this and send a hit man after us..lol

mossad
08-05-2009, 08:31 AM
if he is reading i would like to say this. dear coach trahan, we are sorry that you are sick we are praying for you, congrats on all your sons going D-1 but can u please leave now? were tired of seeing super duper shotgun, were tired of seeing the booster club roster as our starting line up. You beat La marque twice so please leave and go back to bay city. Take u and your coaches with you. Anybody else would like to add sumthing? Could u imagine if we would have ran i-formation with that o-line we had?!:eek:

GATA93
08-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Gata,

See you at LaPorte on the 21st but we may need to be stealth because Trahan may be reading this and send a hit man after us..lol

Gator4Ever
See you there but I hope I can get out of work early to see that but if the game is at 7 I should have no problem getting there :)

GATA93
08-05-2009, 09:15 AM
if he is reading i would like to say this. dear coach trahan, we are sorry that you are sick we are praying for you, congrats on all your sons going D-1 but can u please leave now? were tired of seeing super duper shotgun, were tired of seeing the booster club roster as our starting line up. You beat La marque twice so please leave and go back to bay city. Take u and your coaches with you. Anybody else would like to add sumthing? Could u imagine if we would have ran i-formation with that o-line we had?!:eek:

Yes I could and with Sims at QB talk about size and speed LOL

mossad
08-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Yes I could and with Sims at QB talk about size and speed LOL

People dont know it but mack brown has contacted Dickinson about SIMS and with Major doing all the emailing from what I hear its not about defense. Jashaud is 6'4 6'5 205 and has a rm, throwing mechanics are a little ackward but the delivery is precise. by the way he is 4.5 to 4.4 and can find a lane thru any defense, even though he is tall he has footwork of a guy 5'7 and if you think about hitting his legs to get him down you better think twice, you need a full form tackle to get him. He would have been, and i dont care what anyone thinks, a top 5 reciever in the state of texas, and whats sad, Trahan knew that. Jashauds freshman year he was playing with other schools, touchdowns left and right, one arm snags, reuturning punts for td's returning kickoffs for td's and oh yeah, even though when he first arrived to the high school he was told and i QUOTE Mr. Sims, " Dont even think about playing QB because youre not a qb" well down by5 against friendswood with 1:34 left guess who they put in at qb? Mr .Sims who completed 5 passes, a slant a post, seam, out route and a screen then ran it in with 8 seconds left. Well hes not a qb but he can be one during clutch moments? i asked mr. Sims what did you think about when they said youre not a qb? he said in a low voice, (he always speaks real low) I have to do what the coaches say right? I said you right jashaud whatever they tell you to do you do it and be your best at it. This kids stays with his grandmother, a small house and 10 other kids, yes 10 other kids, i see him walking every now and then to the citgo on hwy 3 or riding a bike always with his head down real respectable real nice young man. he is surprised when people compliment him. Why would they do that to that kid. If you guys are ever driving down highway 3 and see a tall lighter complexed kid on a bike or walking with a wae cap on honk your horn once and say Go Sims and he will crack up because thats what i do everytime i see him. Oh yeah, Trahan if you reading this dont get Honeycutt hurt trying to run he is more of a pure passer and let jashaud play safety and reciever so we will be dangerous.

Gator4ever
08-05-2009, 03:52 PM
How many black quaterbacks has Trahan had in his career? I know when he was at Bay City he might of had one?

There has been no black quarterback at Dickinson since who? We had Donnie Little and the state championship in 1977-78 and Andre Ware in 1983-84 or 82 but who else besides the little brothers in the 1960's?

mossad
08-05-2009, 04:16 PM
How many black quaterbacks has Trahan had in his career? I know when he was at Bay City he might of had one?

There has been no black quarterback at Dickinson since who? We had Donnie Little and the state championship in 1977-78 and Andre Ware in 1983-84 or 82 but who else besides the little brothers in the 1960's?

Derrick small in 95 started 1 year on varsity. other than that just the ones you named. I mean Brody was an athlete at QB, Sims also would be athlete at QB because thats the offense he runs, its not made to make the qb a pro stlye offense "driver" like katy does. Unless you have a Funchess U always go with the best athlete in the type of offense trahan likes which should be been Sims. Could you imagine Brody, the hawaiian kid and chris myers at Linebacker, it would have been a tee off clinic that year . Honeycutt is a pure passer but we dont run a pure passer offense so im confused, he will go to A&M behind because he was busy running 1 read plays in this system. our offensive plays are not drop back make 1 read make a second read make a third read, its a drop back and its going to this person, if hes not open u run lol. Im a black man and i understand what a qb is supposed to do, i dont say put the fastest guy there i say put the most effective person there, too me the line up last year should have been QB honeycutt, wr sims, donald hunter rickie gains and hunc. we would have ran i formation. hands down it would have been one of the most explosive offensives in texas, but trahan likes getting his rocks off with his line ups.

Gator4ever
08-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Donnie Little was our quarterback in both seasons and we won state. He never played until his junior and senior year due to another inept coach. The coach was Calhoun. This coach had a Texas AM running back signed and the kid was great...Gary Young...Clahoun was fired during my sophomore year and we were 0-10. My junior year we wnt 10-0 with Donnie Little and a load of other talent. During Little's career he broke the all-time rushing record in a state championship at 275 yards against Brownwood and we won state. He played in 8th grade but due to a poor coach he may have never played. He went on to be the first black quarterback at Texas and won some important games for them.
During the 1960's his brothers played and I believe one or two of them played quarterback...Seth?

That guy you mentioned rings a bell but it seems I may be confused with the all-time record holder in the 800 meters? Dickinson guy still owns it for 4A at 1:49. I believe his name was SMALL....

Gene Kranz who was made famous for being the flight director of apollo 13 was a long time Dickinson resident who had a son who also went to play as a lineman at Texas AM. Seems a lot of players have gone to AM?...I saw Gene at Walgreens the other day and said hello. He's a Dickinson man all the way but he moved out of his old Dickinson home and into South Shore Harbor. He's not a see-out for the space program to Clear Lake and many of those guys who manned the moission control lived in Dickinson. Liebergot who made many effective mathmatic equations with his slide rule during that emergency was a Dickinson man for a long time.

Gator4ever
08-05-2009, 04:54 PM
One of the biggest underground fresh water supplies is located in Dickinson. In 1980 or so it was capped and closed. The water is some of the best you will ever find. They won't let us use it anymore and have gone to the re-cycle mode which is not as good as that water. You can beleive me when I say....There was something in the water....
Many of the pipes exploded or coroded in the early 1980's because of this and my neighbors complained fierce due to the high chemical content. This is a true story but it seems the decendents of the water are still producing good football players.

Gator4ever
08-05-2009, 04:57 PM
The Spainish settled here way back when they owned Texas or rather the state was Spains territory and I could show you some old wells here that are very huge indeed. There is even the old cemetary that tells the story on a gravestone how a child was killed by a gator. Remember that Captain Dickinson died at the Alamo and his wife lived near Dickinson.

mossad
08-05-2009, 05:08 PM
The Spainish settled here way back when they owned Texas or rather the state was Spains territory and I could show you some old wells here that are very huge indeed. There is even the old cemetary that tells the story on a gravestone how a child was killed by a gator. Remember that Captain Dickinson died at the Alamo and his wife lived near Dickinson.

that is smalls brother Darryl who has that record. he went and graduated from rice. Basically you are saying it is sumthing unique about dickinson? I also hear we were the strawberry capital of the world is that true? There is sumthing in the water dere i agree, a small town with alot of influence. The people here are caring and can be vry hostile lol. They can be passive and very judgemental. I believe we are over due with some tradition. I remember riding on a bus thru Illinois. This is no lie, a few passengers asked where i was from at the train station, when i said Dickinson Tx a man paused getting off the train in Galesburgh Illinois. He said hey thats one football team who always hit hard!! Then walked calmly off the train lol. Dickinson has a lot of potential but who will unleash it. How about this, us three should start looking for coaches right now lol!!!

Gator4ever
08-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Dickinson was alarge supplier of strawberries way back when and was due to many Italians moving here to farm. The annual strawberry festival still takes place as you know.
Video street over by the old stadium was named for having the first movie pictures in silent form. Liggio's are assocuiated with this and then later the movie place was built there next to the water tower right? Now it is a non-profit playhouse which does good community work and has plays on a regular basis.
There is a historical book written on Dickinson and inside the front cover is a picture of a grandfather who wrote the book. He is sitting on a horse with his grandson and the child is about four years old or so. The grandson is Clay Honeycutt...REALLY..lol.....The book has many pictures and is really good.

My nighbor played quarteback in 1950 for the Gators and has a movie made during a game. The bleachers are only the concrete area of the home side and the lights are skinny and small. He talked to me about how he almost moved to Friendswood but they wanted him to be in that religion..(Quakers)...The old stuff is quite interesting indeed and if you put enough pieces together you can see things.

When I was 10,11,12,...and up to 18 years old I located old hurricane dump sites and retrieved many interesting things as far back as maybe 1915 or older. I still know where these sites are and have found silver and coins and many great items.

mossad
08-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Dickinson was alarge supplier of strawberries way back when and was due to many Italians moving here to farm. The annual strawberry festival still takes place as you know.
Video street over by the old stadium was named for having the first movie pictures in silent form. Liggio's are assocuiated with this and then later the movie place was built there next to the water tower right? Now it is a non-profit playhouse which does good community work and has plays on a regular basis.
There is a historical book written on Dickinson and inside the front cover is a picture of a grandfather who wrote the book. He is sitting on a horse with his grandson and the child is about four years old or so. The grandson is Clay Honeycutt...REALLY..lol.....The book has many pictures and is really good.

My nighbor played quarteback in 1950 for the Gators and has a movie made during a game. The bleachers are only the concrete area of the home side and the lights are skinny and small. He talked to me about how he almost moved to Friendswood but they wanted him to be in that religion..(Quakers)...The old stuff is quite interesting indeed and if you put enough pieces together you can see things.

When I was 10,11,12,...and up to 18 years old I located old hurricane dump sites and retrieved many interesting things as far back as maybe 1915 or older. I still know where these sites are and have found silver and coins and many great items.

wow im over here with my mouth wide open lol. So the playhouse used to be a movie theatre, that is CRAZY now it makes since the liggios the falcones and Meadors were big families here in Dickinson back in the day. You have anymore details?

Gator4ever
08-06-2009, 12:09 AM
LOL...Don't get me started on history Mossad.

As a child I asked a million questions and wanted to know why and where everything happened in Dickinson and I yearned for the history and such things. My mind is so full of things it could be seen as a historical data base..lol.

The horse track (racing) was located on the bayou and many coins have been found there. races were run and a grandstand like an old 1930's baseball stadium was there. I know people who have coins and indian head cents from that location. The Dickinson country club is located near the new hughes road school and was made in the 1920's. It burned down one night in an accident but if you look at it today you can make sense of the history and things. I tracked the wooden drainage ditches which are still there and it's probably never known by people here. If you look at the wood which is still there you stare and think about how people thought and worked with the minds they had.

The Italians had gambling and there were three casinos. The gambling worked good and the ole timers are mad to this day because it was run fair and people understood how to be firm and kind with problem gamblers. The money came in great from out of town and such. Houses of prostitution existed and it was controlled in a way that was fair and made the little people money as if to help the community.

Dickinson has some really great history and I could talk for days about things.

GATA93
08-06-2009, 11:24 AM

------------

Gator4ever

We has Chris Peterson when I was there from 89-93 he was a very good player he looked more like a linebacker :)

Gator4ever
08-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks to this website and the WOS Mustang poster I'm able to look back at the scores for the Gators on years I was in the military and/or stationed in Montana,California,Arizona,North Carolina...etc... My father used to send me newspaper articles about the Gators and those were happy memories because I could keep up with our team before the internet came in so strong.
Chris Peterson rings a bell and if I remember right I saw him play in a game while on leave. I tried to see a game per year when I was away from Gator-Town. He looked like a very talented guy as I recall with a lot of talent. Was he about 6'1 210-220? I remember someone like that who really looked talented.

I think Trahan has never used a quarterbak other than Funches,His son,Honeycutt and some other fellow or two in nine years or so. I don't believe he has ever had a black quarteback but I could be wrong? Not trying to label him as anything but his depth of persons seems to use the quicker athletes as receivers or running backs rather than QB but he could use many quick players at the QB position.

Funches broke his leg between junior and senior year after going to the playoffs,Trahan,Brody blew his knee out in two seasons and those two players disrupted three years of good teams due to injuries. Seems to me we would have backups but only Honeycutt has provided help. Last year our third stringer was maybe 145 pounds and not too fast. He looked more like a JV player and was listed as number 82..lol

Trahan has a test this year and needs to show coaching the skills that cover the team in case of injury right? If he fails to make an impact it's his poor coaching skills to be blamed like last year and the year before. It will be time for him to go if he fails to make the playoffs and like LaMarque we will park a rental mover in his driveway like the fans in Cougarland did..lol

mossad
08-06-2009, 03:37 PM
lol wow some deep history! I love that, keep it going im soaking all this in. Well, i went and spied on the boys doing some drills out on the field, got some good news, our Back-up QB is Jashaud Sims, his delivery is nice, seen him toss a bomb about 67 yards, over threw the player by a little, Honeycutt looked sharp, jashaud was playing the appolo and honeycutt was rocky, he was showing hoeycutt how to find lanes when its time to option. i might go look at them again tomorrow. the team really does look good, we have a player name Donnovan, henry Josey from Angleton said Donnovan is the same speed if not faster than DJ Monroe and thats saying ALOT. he will be cornerback. the runningbacks look nice, the d-line will be suspect and we have many holes on the o-line

Gator4ever
08-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Sounds like the team will have a chance to make the playoffs again? Hope the lines are better as time passes and I hope special teams look good...ermm..look like special teams is what I want..lol

Okay here is a little sports history you probably know....Dickinson had the heisman in Ware and also have a soccer Heisman. About 7 years ago a Dickinson player(soccer) won the equivalent award for being the best college soccer player for that given year. Tina Robinson of Dickinson was named defensive player of the year in the Big 12 about that same time as she played for A&M.
Steve Johnson of Dickinson has won academy awards for makeup and design on various occasions and has his own company in Hollywood. We have a Captain of a Star Trek television show as well as keen inventions in munitions for the wars and such things. Many more to list but that should be a start...lol.

mossad
08-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Sounds like the team will have a chance to make the playoffs again? Hope the lines are better as time passes and I hope special teams look good...ermm..look like special teams is what I want..lol

Okay here is a little sports history you probably know....Dickinson had the heisman in Ware and also have a soccer Heisman. About 7 years ago a Dickinson player(soccer) won the equivalent award for being the best college soccer player for that given year. Tina Robinson of Dickinson was named defensive player of the year in the Big 12 about that same time as she played for A&M.
Steve Johnson of Dickinson has won academy awards for makeup and design on various occasions and has his own company in Hollywood. We have a Captain of a Star Trek television show as well as keen inventions in munitions for the wars and such things. Many more to list but that should be a start...lol.

Wow really? and she came from Dickinson? WOW im really dumbfounded! So all this stuff came right out of Dickinson. Did you know we had a person from Dickinson who won Double Show Cases on Price is Right? Tracy Scoggins played in a lot of shows like Dallas, 90210, Babylon and in a episode of Dukes of Hazard!

Gator4ever
08-07-2009, 02:28 AM
Wow....

Yes Miss Scoggins mother taught at Dickinson for years and Tracey did a lot of television and I remember watching her on the tonight show with Johnny Carson. She was the Star Trek Captain right?

I never knew about the price is right but while were at it we had the publishers clearing house winner also. This family was already in the money from what I heard but I suppose the rich get richer..lol.

LaMarque has the highest politician as far as I can tell in Kay Baily Hutchison right? Maybe Trahan will run for office after this year being that politicians and football coaches know when to run. Maybe he will lobby for a swimming pool or something else to add to the facilities but I'm thinking he needs to beat Katy to keep his job...lol.

GATA93
08-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Hey guys it's me again :) well I am really happy one of you guys got to see a Gator practice :), It is really hard for me to make those because of my Job being in Humble it takes me 1.5 hours to get to Dickinson but I should be able to make the la port scrimmage. Anythime you guys go to a practice give me that heads up. I sure hope everything works out this year because I do want the ramatch with Katy :)

Gator4ever
08-07-2009, 09:37 PM
GATA,

Hello and it's good to see you here as a regular..lol. Mossad started the thread and I joined in and now you are the third and have been for some time. The three Gator fans are here..lol. Sometimes Roughneck comes along and says hello. He's a Katy man who I met at the Dickinson vs. Westbrook game. He's a real gentleman and fine person. He sort of verifies the Katy spirt of community like Cougarman and others who support their team of Katy.

Damnnnn....I wish football started today..lol. Myself and a friend and possibly my high school daughter will be at the LaPorte scr. and hope to see you guys there and hope we look good in the end.

Your Friend,

Gator4ever/From Ukraine with luv code word Odessa

GATA93
08-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Gator4ever

I am glad to be on here too You might have even met me at the BWB playoff game in Baytown I met a guy there that had alot of love for the team I just have a feeling it was you, I hope for us to become regulars at game so we can exchange thoughts I go to evey home but I just hold everything to myself because I have no one to chat with there. I guess us 3 are the ultimate gator fans and need a prize lol

Gator4ever
08-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Tickets go on sale Monday at 8am till one am and it continues for four days. Most of the good seats are already gone from season holders and such but there are still a few choice spots. My advice is get tickets if you can.

GATA93
08-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Yea I will make time to get some tickets, so here we are only a few weeks away from the first game...

Gator4ever
08-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Here we are ready for another season and feeling glad we are a 5A team(I'm glad were 5A). I hate getting ready for those 4A seasons and trying to figure out who LaMarque and Texas City drafted from the local area. I feel is somewhat better in fairness and such in 5A because the draft does not seem to be a regular occurance and one that would help greatly like in a smaller school like 4A. Remember when LaMarque got our running back...again...lol...they won state again too..lol

mossad
08-09-2009, 10:28 PM
I usually sit on the visitors side i hate the traffic getting there, i can get there early, talk about players on the other team and still support my boys. i like answering questions from the visitors about the stadium and community. Consession stands has little to know traffic on that side also lol :D with all that being said im looking forward to the season and talking with you guys. Yes la marque took our runningback TJ and our cornerback alvin who were both very very good players. TJ was added along with the other 3 good running backs La Marque had already. Hopefully that wont happend anymore.

Gator4ever
08-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Mossad, GATA,

Myself and a friend will be at the LaPorte game and maybe we will see each other?....Here is my email as I'm having trouble with the message thing here.

Robzzzaaa@aol.com

If you have any ideas or want to meet at games or some other place or time please let me know.

Thanks,

Gato4ever

GATA93
08-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Yes I remember we have always lost players to TC and LM, in 93 there was a running back named Jason Henderson or something like that he went to Mc Adams and was a stud, his freshman year he left to TC and ended up becoming best RB in the county. He should have played with Chris Peterson and company, If you would not have lost him we would have been scary good better with him and Chuck both in Backfiled we would have ran over everyone even LM... I sure hope that does not happen anymore, and now with our new stadium and weight room maybe those player will now stay.I also was told that Foswit Witaker from Perland was a Gator at Mc Adams, what a shame he left..

mossad
08-10-2009, 03:37 PM
team looked good at practice today. Football is finally here:D We all need to hook up soon!

Gator4ever
08-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi,

If you want to put your email on here it may help in hooking up.

GATA93
08-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Hey guys my email is

mossad
08-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Looked good at practice, we will be a big threat to run or pass, secondary looks good too

Gator4ever
08-12-2009, 01:37 AM
My friends finally got season tickets today and they found a few good seats. I need to go get my tickets tommorow and get ready for the games..lol. We only have four home games this year so it's cheaper than last years six home games.

10 days till LaPotre and I'm ready.......

Gator4ever
08-12-2009, 01:37 AM
LaPorte

mossad
08-12-2009, 12:32 PM
We have changed defenses wont say what formation but it will help stop the run.

Gator4ever
08-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Mossad,

That was gonna be my big concern...the rushing defense....

The veer is the offense from the Lake's right? Hope the Defense has the ability to stop the 4 yard gain on a consistent basis and put a little heat in the backfield.

mossad
08-12-2009, 05:31 PM
yes we changed the defense totally up. Its built to stop the run and pressure the QB

85Roughneck
08-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Gator4ever, mossad ... can one of you guys PM me the Gators schedule or a link to the high school site where I can take a look at the varsity schedule? I want to see what Gator games I might be able to catch this season. If the Gators games don't conflict with the Tigers games, I may come sit with you guys and watch some football. ;)

Gator4ever
08-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Rough,

On this website they have all the teams in the state schedule. If you notice we have all Friday games and nothing else. Hmmm... Yea I was looking all through this site and if you look and see you can get all teams schedules. It's amazing how good this site is and has lot's of information included besides the schedules.

I have a ticket for you to any of our four home games and it's in the section with real seats and not bleacher seats. Right on the fifty yard line and high up so you can see very good. Clear Lake is a good game to watch as you will like the way they play defense but it won't work against us this year..lol.

Gator4ever
08-13-2009, 02:39 AM
Rough,

Right when you enter the website and see the main page you look to the left side and it poses the 2009 schedules. It has all teams schedules listed and Dickinson is listed in 24-5A.

GATA93
08-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Whats Gataz looking forward to the scrimmage,what can you guys tell me about our RB's is Cory looking fast?

Gator4ever
08-14-2009, 12:31 AM
GATA,

Mossad has those details but fer sure it's gonna be a hard core start to the season. I can see some hard hitting and some stout actions taking place in Angleton.

The bell will toll loudly and it may have us all looking into something we have never seen before in Gatorland.:D:eek: