Oak_panthers
04-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Who is deserves to win?
Who Doesn't?
New judge a good or bad thing?

Just talk American Idol. Other ppl's opinions are fun to read :D

pied
04-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Adam or Danny in my opinion are the deserving ones. I get bored w/Danny sometimes, but he clearly is better than the rest not named Adam. None of the rest are that good or interesting. I liked Megan, and must have been the only one.

The new judge is ok, but I think Quentin Tarrantino brings more to it than anyone but Simon.

pack75
04-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Who is deserves to win?
Who Doesn't?
New judge a good or bad thing?

Just talk American Idol. Other ppl's opinions are fun to read :D

As much as I like Danny, I have to say Adam, so far, should become the next American Idol. Allison is not too far behind though.

Lil has been pretty disappointing lately...she's just not showing any progress.

They should just stick with the original 3 judges.

Bass
04-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Adam should win. He's great every week.

Chris and Danny should be in the final three with Adam.

Allison, Lil and Matt need to all go in the next two weeks. Preferably both girls tonight. Neither girl is very good or done anything close to what Adam, Danny and Chris have done. Matt's not getting any better after being in the bottom three three times, but he's better than the girls.

I like Anoop, but he won't win. He can be just as good a singer and performer as Danny and Chris, but he falls off from time to time.

I lika Kara. Hopefully they'll get rid of Paula. She's drunk all the time and never says anything relevent.

rwilleby
04-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Adam is creative and entertaining... Not much to do to him to make sales... I really believe they let a lot of folks with talent walk because they are "too polished"... I was surprised Adam got in to begin with...

EagleDude73
04-21-2009, 08:59 PM
I like them all.

ktCarl
04-21-2009, 09:04 PM
It's between Adam and Allison. Those two are the best vocalist/entertainers. They already look and sound like pros. The others are just wasting time.

Adam wins it.

LionVarsityCheer
04-21-2009, 09:30 PM
KRIS!!!!!!!

he's so talented. and super hot.

Favpack
04-21-2009, 09:40 PM
KRIS!!!!!!!

he's so talented. and super hot.

I hope you're a girl.

;)

SLC93
04-21-2009, 09:50 PM
It's between Adam and Allison. Those two are the best vocalist/entertainers. They already look and sound like pros. The others are just wasting time.

Adam wins it.

Exactly this. Though this is the strongest field they've ever has Adam separated himself a month ago and has simply not looked back. Allison is a little freight train. She should be in the finals and is the only one on the same level as an artist as Adam. Danny is still strong he just lacks the creativity of the others and hasn't displayed what made him the early favorite in weeks.

tayb
04-21-2009, 10:06 PM
http://www.votefortheworst.com/

LionVarsityCheer
04-21-2009, 10:54 PM
I hope you're a girl.

;)

hahah of course

ktCarl
04-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Is that Kelly Clarkson in the background?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcc8dTqflh8

Bass
04-22-2009, 01:47 AM
I don't like Allison. No range at all. She's got the raw, rock voice, but there's not a whole lot they can do with her after that. Plus, she's had some pretty bad song choices lately. I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing? Great song, terrible performance. Then she sang one note tonight doing a Donna Summers tune... just growled at different times. Boo.

1. Adam (put relatively, twice the artist David Cook is, and I like Cook)

2. Kris (getting boring, really good singer)
3. Danny (getting boring, really good singer)

4. Anoop (decent singer, that's about it, really only pulls off slower songs)
5. Matt (too hit or miss, no star power)

6. Allison (oof)

7. Lil (no power, just loud)

Bass
04-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Let's rank other things!

Past American Idols:
1. Carrie Underwood
-----Chris Daughtry*
2. David Cook
3. Kelly Clarkson
4. Jordin Sparks
--------------------
Fantasia
Taylor Hicks
Ruben Studdard

*Unofficial entry :D

Judges:
1. Simon
2. Randy
3. Kara
4. Seacrest
5. My dad
6. Hellen Keller
7. Anyone
8. Anything
9. The guy that used to co-host with Seacrest
At some point Paula Abdul makes the list.

Miss Kitty
04-22-2009, 08:41 AM
I am thinking Adam will win. You guys have hit all of the points as to why. I really like his cleaned up look better than that emo, hair in your face, skinny jeans trashy look though.

Allison has her place, but her voice will change as it matures if she doesn't blow it out first. Maybe she has had proper training and that won't happen though.

Lil and Anoop - Gotta go!!

4th judge is a waste of oxygen. I like Randy, but for some reason he is getting on my last nerve with the "check it out, check it out" and "yo dog" stuff this season.

Paula needs to keep her a** in her chair.

KT2000
04-22-2009, 08:44 AM
I've only listened to a few clips online from this season, but Adam Lambert is the best I've ever heard on the show.

SLC93
04-22-2009, 08:56 AM
I've only listened to a few clips online from this season, but Adam Lambert is the best I've ever heard on the show.

And it's not even really close. Kelly Clarkson closed strong and you could see her power but she's still not close to his range. Underwood was going to win her year and it was evident early but she is definitely a genre type artist. None of the other winners are really worth mentioning in the conversation. I like Cook but he's not near these three in talent. Sparks is young and I loved her the year she won. She's go game but I don't know that she's in the same league as the others as an artist.

Favpack
04-22-2009, 09:34 AM
I voted for the woman from England - she should win.

:rolleyes:

RedRage00
04-22-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm surprised that SLC93 is so into American Idol lol

SLC93
04-22-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm surprised that SLC93 is so into American Idol lol

It's a family thing. My folks are really into it and the wife, too. I have a better eye for talent and relish picking the winner and predicting when their faves will be eliminated. Also, if you have DVR you can enjoy just the performance and review. In other words, no Seacrest or fluff. Not a bad show then.:D

RedRage00
04-22-2009, 10:25 AM
I remember I picked Carrie Underwood to win it from the very first show.....the auditions where they show all the bad ones.

I was right on. :cool:

Miss Kitty
04-22-2009, 10:26 AM
It's a family thing. My folks are really into it and the wife, too. I have a better eye for talent and relish picking the winner and predicting when their faves will be eliminated. Also, if you have DVR you can enjoy just the performance and review. In other words, no Seacrest or fluff. Not a bad show then.:D

OH YES!!! I love my DVR for this reason. I record the show and then I fast forward through the crappy parts. If a singer is not pleasing me, I hit the FF button, and NEXT! And all of those guest performances that drag out the results shows...FF. I do the same for Dancing With The Stars. I just want to get to the meat and potatoes of the shows. LOL

pied
04-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Another DVR AI watcher.

I didn't like Adam's performance last night. Totally lost a great melody. I liekd Kris more than I normally do. Danny was great but a tad boring, kind of the same story every week for me. Allison has a great voice, but I just don't lie her very much.

The last two weeks have been quite boring to me.

SLC93
04-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Another DVR AI watcher.

I didn't like Adam's performance last night. Totally lost a great melody. I liekd Kris more than I normally do. Danny was great but a tad boring, kind of the same story every week for me. Allison has a great voice, but I just don't lie her very much.

The last two weeks have been quite boring to me.

Not sure how you can say that. That was an upbeat disco song that had never been performed in that sort of arrangment before. Danny lost my attention a month ago. He's just not keeping up, creatively.

SLC93
04-22-2009, 10:44 AM
I don't like Allison. No range at all. She's got the raw, rock voice, but there's not a whole lot they can do with her after that. Plus, she's had some pretty bad song choices lately. I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing? Great song, terrible performance. Then she sang one note tonight doing a Donna Summers tune... just growled at different times. Boo.

1. Adam (put relatively, twice the artist David Cook is, and I like Cook)

2. Kris (getting boring, really good singer)
3. Danny (getting boring, really good singer)

4. Anoop (decent singer, that's about it, really only pulls off slower songs)
5. Matt (too hit or miss, no star power)

6. Allison (oof)

7. Lil (no power, just loud)

You couldn't be more wrong, imo. She'll end up in the top three, at a minimum, barring an unforeseen stinker. She's original, creative and powerful. Also, don't forget that's a 16 year old up there. No way Anupe or Matt finishes above her.

pied
04-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Not sure how you can say that. That was an upbeat disco song that had never been performed in that sort of arrangment before. Danny lost my attention a month ago. He's just not keeping up, creatively.

Have you seen the Broadway musical? It is done at a much slower tempo thatn the movie version. Based on his background, I figured that's where he got his version.

SLC93
04-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Have you seen the Broadway musical? It is done at a much slower tempo thatn the movie version. Based on his background, I figured that's where he got his version.

Had he taken it to that extreme he would have caught grief for the performance being to much like a musical, imo.

pied
04-22-2009, 11:07 AM
He took it past that extreme in my opinion. Lost the melody. Still was performed well, I just didn't care for it much.

SLC93
04-22-2009, 12:07 PM
OH YES!!! I love my DVR for this reason. I record the show and then I fast forward through the crappy parts. If a singer is not pleasing me, I hit the FF button, and NEXT! And all of those guest performances that drag out the results shows...FF. I do the same for Dancing With The Stars. I just want to get to the meat and potatoes of the shows. LOL

Indeed, miss.:D

SLC93
04-22-2009, 12:08 PM
He took it past that extreme in my opinion. Lost the melody. Still was performed well, I just didn't care for it much.

I liked it and it was the best performance of the night, though I also liked Chris' performance. That said of his last four or five performances it probably was my least favorite.

tayb
04-22-2009, 12:10 PM

I thought his spin on Mad World and Born to be Wild was awful. I haven't heard him sing anything else but I thought he butchered two great songs. I know my opinion is in the minority but I don't like him.

Bass
04-22-2009, 12:16 PM
You couldn't be more wrong, imo. She'll end up in the top three, at a minimum, barring an unforeseen stinker. She's original, creative and powerful. Also, don't forget that's a 16 year old up there. No way Anupe or Matt finishes above her.

They've had performers like her before, though. Last year they had that chick with the weird hair and stuff... hang on... Amanda Overmyer:

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2008/gallery/idolmath/amanda_overmyer2.jpg

The only difference with Allison is she's much, much younger. The girls with that voice all just trying to be Janis Joplin.

Miss Kitty
04-22-2009, 12:29 PM
OMG!! That hair!!!! The fact that people let her look like that without saying something is beyond me. My friends love me, they would have told me I look like an idiot and I would have listened. She looks like she has warewolf hair from the old movies.

SLC93
04-22-2009, 12:30 PM
They've had performers like her before, though. Last year they had that chick with the weird hair and stuff... hang on... Amanda Overmyer:

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2008/gallery/idolmath/amanda_overmyer2.jpg

The only difference with Allison is she's much, much younger. The girls with that voice all just trying to be Janis Joplin.

I liked her but she was significantly more limited than Allison, nowhere near the overall power and range. The rasp and the rock is really where the similarity ends.

ktCarl
04-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Hey I think they had Big Bird's wife singing tonight. She was an old Disco Singer.

Bass
04-23-2009, 01:53 AM
Hey I think they had Big Bird's wife singing tonight. She was an old Disco Singer.

Man. KC, Freda Payne and that other lady... it was just embarassing.
And what did I tell y'all? Lil's gone and Allison was in the bottom three. :D Too bad for Anoop. I figured he'd be gone tonight, but I didn't want it to happen. Matt or Allison will be next!

SLC93
04-23-2009, 07:38 AM
Man. KC, Freda Payne and that other lady... it was just embarassing.
And what did I tell y'all? Lil's gone and Allison was in the bottom three. :D Too bad for Anoop. I figured he'd be gone tonight, but I didn't want it to happen. Matt or Allison will be next!

They should have never wasted the save on Matt. He's got no chance.

pied
04-23-2009, 08:18 AM
They should have never wasted the save on Matt. He's got no chance.

They could only use it through next week, so unless a front runner goes home next week, it's a moot point except if you think that Anoop or Lil might have won.

SLC93
04-23-2009, 10:11 AM
They could only use it through next week, so unless a front runner goes home next week, it's a moot point except if you think that Anoop or Lil might have won.

No, neither of them was a threat. Lil should have been gone a few weeks back. Anoop I have no real issue with. He just wasn't going to win this competion. I would have held it to the end. Matt will be gone next week, imo, and the save will have been nothing more than a novelty this season.

pied
04-23-2009, 10:16 AM
No, neither of them was a threat. Lil should have been gone a few weeks back. Anoop I have no real issue with. He just wasn't going to win this competion. I would have held it to the end. Matt will be gone next week, imo, and the save will have been nothing more than a novelty this season.

The save was only good until the final five I think.

SLC93
04-23-2009, 10:26 AM
The save was only good until the final five I think.

That's what I meant. I would have held onto it until the last week it was applicable this season. We have yet to have a shocker. Barring Adam being eliminated, I'm not sure there would be an "upset" elimination in this group after Matt is gone. Danny, Chris and Allison are all very talented so it's just going to come down to performance.

LionVarsityCheer
04-23-2009, 11:20 AM
I thought his spin on Mad World and Born to be Wild was awful. I haven't heard him sing anything else but I thought he butchered two great songs. I know my opinion is in the minority but I don't like him.

I'm in the league with you. I hated his (adam) take on Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire. The more I listen to him sing, the less I can see myself buying his music. I can't even put him in a genre for that matter.

SLC93
04-23-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm in the league with you. I hated his (adam) take on Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire. The more I listen to him sing, the less I can see myself buying his music. I can't even put him in a genre for that matter.

And the judges clearly stated there would be a portion of the audience that would hate his interpretations because the originals were classics. That is a very limited, closed off way to look at the world, though. I, personally, find his take on things to be brilliant. Not once have I thought that he did a song an injustice, unlike sooooo many contestants who fail to live up to a song. The part that kills me is he pulls it off while going in a radically different direction and so many of these performers fail to deliver when doing songs as they were recorded. They lack the ability to even mimic, let alone create. His approach and execution have been on a level of artistry this show rarely sees. He is unafraid and completely willing in his approach. When you couple that with the talent he has your find yourself with a very high ceiling for success. Barring unforeseen fiasco, he'll be your runaway winner and the best male winner this show has ever produced.

SLC93
04-23-2009, 11:54 AM

Dag nab whipper snappers! All the time poking around things the shouldnt!:mad:

b756561
04-23-2009, 11:59 AM
[quote=Miss Kitty;1170258] OH YES!!! I love my DVR
I love my DVR because I can watch something else everytime American Idol comes on. God, how I love my DVR.

LionVarsityCheer
04-23-2009, 12:03 PM
SLC, I think he's creative. I think he is probably the most musically creative the show has ever seen...if that makes sense....but, I just don't see what type of music he would sing when he won?

KT2000
04-23-2009, 12:06 PM
David Cook got too much credit for his creativity in the previous season. The Billy Jean he did was a complete rip of Chris Cornell (though nowhere near as good), but the judges were naturally oblivious.

Blake Lewis was very creative, but was pretty limited in his performances. He'd make a great producer though.

AI has never seen anyone like this Lambert character. This season really isn't a competition based on what I've seen. The others are either playing for second or simply passing time as Carl said.

The best male singer I'd heard on the show before Lambert was Daughtry. I'm not a fan of the the kind of music performed on the show, but this dude is a powerhouse.

KT2000
04-23-2009, 12:08 PM
SLC, I think he's creative. I think he is probably the most musically creative the show has ever seen...if that makes sense....but, I just don't see what type of music he would sing when he won?

They all do pop CDs first, but once they get out of the intitial record deal obligation they are able to make more personal albums.

ktCarl
04-23-2009, 12:52 PM
They all do pop CDs first, but once they get out of the intitial record deal obligation they are able to make more personal albums.

The whole point of the show is "Can he or she sell a Pop CD?" It's at the stage in the show where you just don't look at their creativity but that America has to say.."I would buy THAT song!". It's Adam's gig. No one else comes close.

Bass
04-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Last year people were saying David Cook couldn't be the American Idol because he wasn't a pop singer like David Archuletta. The guys running American Idol aren't idiots, they know how to sell anyone as long as the artist is good enough.

That's why Taylor Hicks has dropped off the map. He was a pretty good week-to-week performer, with a lot of personality, but no one buying CDs in mass (teens and young adults) wants an entire album of his antics.

What the hell even happened to Ruben Studdard and Fantasia?

RedRage00
04-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Last year people were saying David Cook couldn't be the American Idol because he wasn't a pop singer like David Archuletta. The guys running American Idol aren't idiots, they know how to sell anyone as long as the artist is good enough.

That's why Taylor Hicks has dropped off the map. He was a pretty good week-to-week performer, with a lot of personality, but no one buying CDs in mass (teens and young adults) wants an entire album of his antics.

Nothing.

SLC93
04-23-2009, 02:23 PM

Not sure about Ruben, chillin in a booth at the local all you can eat is probably a safe bet.

As for Fantasia, well, in a tragic and unprecedented vocal accident she swallowed herself, whole, and hasn't been seen since. Seriously, has there ever been a bigger mouth associated with a human head?

RedRage00
04-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Not sure about Ruben, chillin in a booth at the local all you can eat is probably a safe bet.

As for Fantasia, well, in a tragic and unprecedented vocal accident she swallowed herself, whole, and hasn't been seen since. Seriously, has there ever been a bigger mouth associated with a human head?

wow lol

Fantasia was in "The Color Purple" on Broadway I believe.

pack75
04-23-2009, 02:29 PM

I thought Ruben would've done much better than he has.

RedRage00
04-23-2009, 02:35 PM
I thought Ruben would've done much better than he has.

Clay Aiken was doing better than Ruben for a little bit. I think he's on some broadway show too now.

I just know that because he was a guest judge on America's Next Top Model haha

SLC93
04-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Weekly bump for those that watch. Very good performances last night. Matt has to be gone, though. His talent just isn't anywhere near what the other four have. Danny was really good or the first time in over a month but this was his genre. Had he not performed at a high level this week you'd really have to question him. Adam and Chris were great, as usual. For all the doubters and haters though, little Allison showed some serious ability last night. She knocked that ballad on it's *** and did it on a night featuring a genre she was the farthest away from as an artist. Nobody had to display more than her to turn in that sort of performance. The next few weeks are going to be tough because unless sombody just goofs this is the strongest top four ever. I think three of them could not only win this year but could have taken several of the competitions from years past. Right now I got em like this.

1) Adam
2a) Allison
2b) Chris
4) Danny

pied
04-29-2009, 08:32 AM
My preference last night.

Adam
Matt/Danny
Chris
Allison

Allison sang well, but I didn't enjoy/connect with it. I could see anyone but Adam going home tonight. Matt is likely though.

SLC93
04-29-2009, 08:47 AM
My preference last night.

Adam
Matt/Danny
Chris
Allison

Allison sang well, but I didn't enjoy/connect with it. I could see anyone but Adam going home tonight. Matt is likely though.

Who are you rooting for? No analysis just who ould you like to see win.

pied
04-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Who are you rooting for? No analysis just who ould you like to see win.

Adam, then Danny, then Matt. Don't erally care for the other two.

Miss Kitty
04-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Allison impressed me last night. But I love that genre of music. Adam, not so much last night and usually I love him. I think Matt goes home. Danny was great last night too. Chris was fine but he doesn't really do anything for me.

SLC93
04-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Allison impressed me last night. But I love that genre of music. Adam, not so much last night and usually I love him. I think Matt goes home. Danny was great last night too. Chris was fine but he doesn't really do anything for me.

Adam was good but that last note to his song .... are you kidding me with those lungs? .... not fair to the rest. Allison was the most impressive to me because of the genre. Danny should have been great and was. Chris is just smooth and steady. Matt is gone.

Bass
04-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Allison did well, but only because she wasn't trying more than anything in the world to have this big, powerful voice. The style of song last night suited her ability very well. If she just lays back and sings she's good. Her tone was great, she connected with the song, and it suited her usually very limited range. When she tries to belt out a song like Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, with no range, it's like she's in a high school talent show.

Last night:
Adam

Allison
Danny

Kris

Matt

They just do a bottom two now, right?

cougardude
04-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Nope - they had a bottom three and Adam was in it and as a matter of fact he was in the bottom two! Matt went home.

Bass
04-29-2009, 11:53 PM
Nope - they had a bottom three and Adam was in it and as a matter of fact he was in the bottom two! Matt went home.

Yeah, I was watching. It might be a Chris Daughty sort of thing. People assume he's safe because of how great he is every week, and they vote for their next favorite or someone they feel sorry for. Even if he doesn't win he'll be fine. Daughtry was in the Bottom 2 a little earlier in the competition, though, then eliminated in fourth place. There's no way he's been having low votes all this time. It'll be interesting to see what he does this upcoming week and how the votes turn out. Next to go should be Allison or Kris. People still love Danny, and I think Kris might be slipping a little. He hasn't done anything too impressive the past couple weeks.

Bass
05-15-2009, 11:57 PM
So it's Adam and Kris. I knew Allison was due to go, but I'm pretty surprised Danny didn't beat out Kris. Kris really shouldn't win, but he's got all the nine-year-old girls going crazy, so you've gotta like his chances. His Apologize performance was horrible last week, but Heartless wasn't too bad. You'd think he'd be a little more competetive this late in the competition, but he still just seems happy to be along for the ride. Adam's gonna have to really, really step it up this week. He did One great, but Cryin' was nothing special (by his standards). He needs to completely destroy Kris this week if he wants to win.

SLC93
05-16-2009, 09:43 AM
So it's Adam and Kris. I knew Allison was due to go, but I'm pretty surprised Danny didn't beat out Kris. Kris really shouldn't win, but he's got all the nine-year-old girls going crazy, so you've gotta like his chances. His Apologize performance was horrible last week, but Heartless wasn't too bad. You'd think he'd be a little more competetive this late in the competition, but he still just seems happy to be along for the ride. Adam's gonna have to really, really step it up this week. He did One great, but Cryin' was nothing special (by his standards). He needs to completely destroy Kris this week if he wants to win.

Allison left a week early. Danny was horrendous, shreiking his way through the end of his attempt at Aerosmith. Allison put him under the table but her style didn't appeal to as many people. She's the second best artist in the competition and the only one that could really push Adam with the intensity of performance. Danny, in my opinion, plateau'd. He peeked too early. Kris was off this week put I have no issue with him over Danny. Adam is so superior as an artist and I think he thrives on the bigger stage. I look for him to be off the charts in the finale.

Bass
05-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Allison left a week early. Danny was horrendous, shreiking his way through the end of his attempt at Aerosmith. Allison put him under the table but her style didn't appeal to as many people. She's the second best artist in the competition and the only one that could really push Adam with the intensity of performance. Danny, in my opinion, plateau'd. He peeked too early. Kris was off this week put I have no issue with him over Danny. Adam is so superior as an artist and I think he thrives on the bigger stage. I look for him to be off the charts in the finale.

Danny did wreck Dream On, and I really expected Allison to advance after how well her duet with Adam went, although I still didn't want her to. I figured Danny had the sympathy vote still, or at least a big enough portion to put him in the finals. If Adam comes out performing at the level of Whole Lotta Love, Mad World, The Tracks Of My Tears, and If I Can't Have You, Kris shouldn't stand a chance. Especially if he comes out with All She Wants To Do Is Dance, Apologize or She Works Hard For The Money. Kris seems like a nice guy, though, so I hope he at least puts on a good show.