PDA

View Full Version : For my 1,000th post...

ktchamp97
12-19-2005, 11:46 AM
For my 1,000th post, I would like to thank...

First, my job, for transferring me to Penwell, Texas and away from my fiance, my brothers, and my closest friends, otherwise, none of this would have been possible...

Second, my job, for enabling me to read and post throughout the day...

Third, I would like to thank myself...because that seems to be an acceptance speech/thank you speech trend these days...

Finally, and most seriously, I would like to thank all of you for helping to make this board as engaging and as addictive as it is. You are the board and you help keep this fun for us. I never hit 1k on either of the old boards, because I liked to lurk, but you guys have gotten me out of my internet posting shell and gotten me more involved on the board (yeah, and you regret it too!). As Van Smack would say, "what this board needs............................................. .is more of me....and less of yoooou!" I kid, I kid.

Special thanks goes out to the stalwarts of the Off-Topic Board...wide, dada, Headliner, jtk, d08, lonny, Redneckn, CC57, ReaganRattler07, SeguinMatadors et al...I've really enjoyed this forum because of y'all.

Thanks again guys and gals.

Redneckn
12-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Very nice.
But you deserve the thanks for making this site possible and giving us a place to come and talk smack, tell stories, discuss, dis, ect... :)

Congrats on your 1k-th.

wide-e-wide
12-19-2005, 12:39 PM
Thanks bro...

But you forgot to do the Freddie Mitchell "I'd just like to thank my hands for being so great" speech.

SeguinMatadors
12-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Thanks KT. You deserve the praise; this is hands down the best place to come and talk high school football in Texas on the net. We appreciate you keeping this place running so smoothly. This is one site I would pay to come to... but it's free.

BAMF cowboy
12-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Thanks KT. You deserve the praise; this is hands down the best place to come and talk high school football in Texas on the net. We appreciate you keeping this place running so smoothly. This is one site I would pay to come to... but it's free.

dont suggest anything, i would have no choice but to pay

dragons08
12-19-2005, 01:59 PM
thanks kt, you deserve all the praise you get for the hard work that you put in for all of us to enjoy each others thoughts and ideas

AZTiger
12-19-2005, 02:25 PM
JC, you've come along when since your one and only TD reception our junior year on Blue 4 Slash. I remember being on the field for that one with ya, good ol' Phillip "Backside 7" Shepperd with the nice deep ball to ya....

ah the memories ;)

ktchamp97
12-19-2005, 02:36 PM
JC, you've come along when since your one and only TD reception our junior year on Blue 4 Slash. I remember being on the field for that one with ya, good ol' Phillip "Backside 7" Shepperd with the nice deep ball to ya....

ah the memories ;)

Haha! I had to stop and wait on that ball so long, momentarily, I thought I was fielding a punt. It was more like a Slop route...I started running the Slash, and promptly came to a Stop.

AZTiger
12-19-2005, 02:52 PM
if i recall, it was quite windy that day. i remember that game quite well, had possibly my best block of my career that game on a KO return

mad_fan
12-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Being in Penwell you should have at least as many posts as Lonny...:p
You should pat yourself on the back...:)
Thanks for all you do Mr Bulletin Board maintainer guy; I don't know how you put up with some of these guys...:D

lonny23
12-20-2005, 03:59 AM
Being in Penwell you should have at least as many posts as Lonny...:p
You should pat yourself on the back...:)
Thanks for all you do Mr Bulletin Board maintainer guy; I don't know how you put up with some of these guys...:D
If his job is anything like my dad's, he should have more posts than me.

Of course, we know champ is an engineer and my dad loves to talk about them. He says they always come into the plant trying to change stuff and come up with things that don't work!:p

mad_fan
12-20-2005, 06:13 AM
The guys in the oil field probably want to sit in a corner with a book...and crayons...:p

ktchamp97
12-20-2005, 08:11 AM
If his job is anything like my dad's, he should have more posts than me.

Of course, we know champ is an engineer and my dad loves to talk about them. He says they always come into the plant trying to change stuff and come up with things that don't work!:p

Trust me, I'm not your typical engineer...I acknowledge the fact that I have no knowledge! The guys I'm working with have been doing this stuff for 20+ years...My real education is coming from them.