PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Lee vs Colerain Cardinals @ Columbus, Ohio

supercentex
04-02-2005, 11:50 PM
We'll be at the Texas-Ohio State game and Tyler Lee.

Anyone else planning on going?

Hopefully the Texas high school fans will rally around Tyler Lee and make the trip to Ohio.

This is the only time you will get to see Tyler Lee and probably any another Texas team for that matter play an Ohio power.

So, we need to represent Texas well.

PackAttack2005
04-03-2005, 09:25 AM
I never miss a Lufkin game and if the Pack is playing the same night as Tyler Lee, I don't think I have enough interest to be in Ohio. The game is being televised on ESPN anyway. That is a long way to drive or fly in the middle of September to watch a team you don't support on a regular bases. I am sure there will be a few thousand Tyler Lee fans that will make that trip to Ohio and that will probably be more than the Ohioian will put in the stands, they just don't understand the concept of Texas football or their fans. They will be surprised.

Texasfrog
04-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Lufkin , you can rest assure that the Colerain faithful will put about 15,000 fans in those stands. It will be packed for the Tyler Lee vs Colerain game.

I saw the 2004 Colerain vs Mckinley State title game and Colerain had about 15,000 people in those stands for that game.

Now saying that... the 2004 Colerain team was very solid but "NO WAY" were they any better than Lufkin, Longview , Tyler Lee or about 12 other Texas powerhouse programs from 2004.

Colerain also has 8 starters back from the 2004 team. (Rb, Wb, Ol, Ol & Ng, Lb, Lb, Cb ). They lost some of their studs from last years team (Fs, Lb, Dt, Rb, QB ) that were 90% of their team.

It should be an interesting game. Both teams are returning about the same number of Starting players.

Its good to see that Tyler Lee is going to fly up there. The long bus ride takes alot of the pop out of the legs.

slcdragons
04-03-2005, 10:52 AM
So The Tyler Lee vs. Colerain game will be on ESPN next fall? Is that correct? Good Luck TL, take them to the woodshed :)

Texasfrog
04-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Ya, it's suppose to be on ESPN. Its being sold to the nation as Texas vs Ohio weekend because that Friday Tyler Lee plays Colerain and that Saturday UT plays Ohio.St in Ohio.

I know that alot of UT fans are going to swing over and try to attend the Tyler Lee vs Colerain game and support Texas High school football.

supercentex
04-03-2005, 12:18 PM
I was very surprised that 'some' teams in Ohio have pretty good support.

Here are some photos from Elder vs Colerain played at The University of Cincinnatti. (Elder-Purple Colerain-Red)

This was just a regular season game.

http://elderpanthers.dyndns.org/ehsports/Colerain/2003/Varsity/PB150012.JPG

http://elderpanthers.dyndns.org/ehsports/Colerain/2003/Varsity/PB150018.JPG

http://elderpanthers.dyndns.org/ehsports/Colerain/2003/Varsity/PB150045.JPG

http://elderpanthers.dyndns.org/ehsports/Colerain/2003/Varsity/PB150051.JPG

Crew Stadium holds 24,000 fans that the Tyler Lee game will be at in Ohio. It will sell out.

And, Tyler Lee does need everyones support that can make it there. The fans there will be pretty vocal as it's Texas against Ohio.

It will be a great weekend to watch some football!

So, get your butts up there!

Texasfrog
04-03-2005, 03:13 PM
O,ya that stadium will be sold out and probably have alot of standing only crowd. Probably somewhere around 27,000 in the stadium for that game.

Colerain will have "homefield advantage" bigtime in that game but I still think Tyler Lee is going to give them a bigtime game.

Hopefully the Lee faithful can bring about 3,000 and hopefully the "band" can make it.

supercentex
04-03-2005, 04:32 PM
They are looking at taking the band and drill team. I don't know if it's going to happen or not. But, they should since the game will be on ESPN and it's will be a representation of the "Texas experience".

The band director said it would cost well into 6 figures to get them there. So, if anyone has any ideas on sponsorship get in touch with them! They need some help.

Good luck to the REL Red Raiders!

relraiderfan
04-03-2005, 05:16 PM
supercentex, where are you hearing this. I haven't heard that information yet. Last i knew the marketing company was paying for the football to go. you could be right, i just haven't heard it yet.

Red Raiders
04-03-2005, 05:57 PM
So The Tyler Lee vs. Colerain game will be on ESPN next fall? Is that correct? Good Luck TL, take them to the woodshed :)

Yes it will be on ESPN

Red Raiders
04-03-2005, 06:10 PM
I am not planning to go because its too far and I can still watch it on T.V. but I rather go anyway.

pack4life
04-03-2005, 08:03 PM
I'm trying to get all the expenduters figured out...ie money, vacation time, and so on, but i may just stay here and watch the panthers.

stevefoxsc
04-03-2005, 09:00 PM
weres the game out cause if its ohio i got an old friend i can see if its in texas id hopefully get my new motorcyle by then and wouldn't mind going across state to see some good games?

so what are some of the states for both team's
returners key players etc

supercentex
04-03-2005, 09:10 PM
What kind of East Texas fans are y'all? haha

The drive isn't that far. I'm sure alot of people would like to go. Just find them and GO.

But, make sure you got a ticket first. :D

Texasfrog
04-03-2005, 09:14 PM
I'm not from Tyler Lee but as far as I can see.. "Correct me if I'm wrong Tyler Lee backers on the following:

Tyler Lee has like 2 off and 3 def starters back. But, Tyler Lee's QB and RB have started a few games over the last two years and basically were starting quality last year but were backups. I know the Qb- Preston Hill is a D-1A caliber recruit. I think the new "RB" is also a D-1A caliber player.

I know Tyler Lee has a returning DT, LB, FS on defense.

Tyler Lee's JV team won district and thier Freshman team went (6-4).
-------------------------------------------------------------

COLERAIN has 8 returning starters..

RB, WB, Ol, Ol & NG, LB, LB, DB.

Colerain lost their stud QB & RB that were 85% of their offense.

They also lost their DT, DT, LB, Cb, FS that made 80% of the tackles on defense.

Red Raiders
04-03-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm not from Tyler Lee but as far as I can see.. "Correct me if I'm wrong Tyler Lee backers on the following:

Tyler Lee has like 2 off and 3 def starters back. But, Tyler Lee's QB and RB have started a few games over the last two years and basically were starting quality last year but were backups. I know the Qb- Preston Hill is a D-1A caliber recruit. I think the new "RB" is also a D-1A caliber player.

I know Tyler Lee has a returning DT, LB, FS on defense.

Tyler Lee's JV team won district and thier Freshman team went (6-4).
-------------------------------------------------------------

COLERAIN has 8 returning starters..

RB, WB, Ol, Ol & NG, LB, LB, DB.

Colerain lost their stud QB & RB that were 85% of their offense.

They also lost their DT, DT, LB, Cb, FS that made 80% of the tackles on defense.

Yes, you are right but I have no idea whos going to win. I am not going to Ohio because it seems boring there plus its too far just for a single football game. Why not watch here in Texas for other games too. I can watch it on ESPN anyway.

Texasfrog
04-03-2005, 10:59 PM
I would like to go to Ohio also to watch both the Tyler Lee and UT games. But, odds on favorite is I'll be sitting here watching both on tv- "God Willing."

Ps. Of coarse I'll be rooting for the Lone Star boys.

Jtate862003
04-04-2005, 12:23 AM
last i heard the band and the drill team were not going...heard it was just the football team trainers coaches and the fans that traveled up there themselves....but expect lee will have a good fanbase and also just the people that r gonna be there for the texas ohio state game the next wk.

GO RAIDERS!

SWTAlumni
04-04-2005, 09:50 AM
I think it's great to see this game finally set in stone. Mike Owens gave Lufkin and its program a huge compliment on the air with David Smoak this past week saying that he regreted breaking the Tyler Lee vs Lufkin match-up and that by replacing that game with this particular match-up and in doing so, if this Ohio team is better than Lufkin then they are amongst the best in the country.....Sorry Lufkin,,,,see you next season!

Red Raiders
04-04-2005, 04:21 PM
last i heard the band and the drill team were not going...heard it was just the football team trainers coaches and the fans that traveled up there themselves....but expect lee will have a good fanbase and also just the people that r gonna be there for the texas ohio state game the next wk.

GO RAIDERS!

Thats kind of alright because not whole lot fans going up there and the drill team not going is not good either.

Texasfrog
04-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey SWT,, I read the same post from Coach Owens, on how if Colerain is as good as Lufkin ( & Longview in my opinion) than they (Colerain) are one of the top teams in the nation.

The sad thing is I've been on a couple of boards with Colerain & Ohio fans and they took that as a "put-down."

They just dont know the true level of High school football in Texas.

I saw the 2004 Colerain vs Mckinley State Championship game and I can 100% state for a "FACT" that Colerain was no "No better or worse" than the Lufkin , Tyler Lee or Longview teams in 2004.

Red Raiders
04-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Hey SWT,, I read the same post from Coach Owens, on how if Colerain is as good as Lufkin ( & Longview in my opinion) than they (Colerain) are one of the top teams in the nation.

The sad thing is I've been on a couple of boards with Colerain & Ohio fans and they took that as a "put-down."

They just dont know the true level of High school football in Texas.

I saw the 2004 Colerain vs Mckinley State Championship game and I can 100% state for a "FACT" that Colerain was no "No better or worse" than the Lufkin , Tyler Lee or Longview teams in 2004.

I read Tyler Newspaper about Tyler Lee playing Colerain and Coach Owens said if Colerain can't beat Lufkin than Lufkin is the best in the nation or something like that he said on the newspaper.

If Tyler Lee lose to Colerain than Colerain Fans might say "I think we have a better team than Texas does". Well, look all other teams we got in Texas like Southlake Carroll, Lufkin, Longview, Smithson Valley, Katy, and alot of other good teams. I would be mad if Colerain would have said that because they didn't play all the teams in Texas or they think like Tyler Lee is the best in Texas but I don't think so.

Xfballphenome05
04-04-2005, 08:01 PM
i think it will b a good game no matter what happens.i think tyler lee will have the egde over them bcuz it sounds like they just have more talent than colerian(however u spell it)...i would also like to see southlake,S.V.,lufkin,and denton ryan have interstate play in the next couple years..

Red Raiders
04-04-2005, 09:29 PM
i think it will b a good game no matter what happens.i think tyler lee will have the egde over them bcuz it sounds like they just have more talent than colerian(however u spell it)...i would also like to see southlake,S.V.,lufkin,and denton ryan have interstate play in the next couple years..

I am not sure at all but I know our defense will be the same like last season and our offense is I don't know. Colerain are supposed to be good so I don't know.

Texasfrog
06-21-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm re-awakening this post that is over 2 years old to show a few people that "PIG FARMER" is full of it.

This is some of my first post on this web-site and they were about this future game (Tyler Lee vs Colerain).

I would really like for Pig Farmer to show me where I insulted or put down Colerain ? I mean if putting them down is saying that I saw the 2004 Colerain vs McKinley Ohio State Title game and Colerain wasnt any better than Lufkin, Longview or a few other elite Texas teams then I guess I really put them down.

In fact I think I first said they were on par "no better or worse" than those elite East Texas teams.

I even said in one of my first post on here that Colerain would have the "homefield advantage." Wow huh "Pig-Farmer."

Now, your 100% right about the future Shieza talking between me and Concha. He couldnt take the fact that I was saying that the 2004 Colerain team was about on par with Lufkin, Longview and few other teams and of coarse to him there was no way SLC was better than Colerain. "NO Way."

So, the *** talking started between me and Concha mostly because he considered it an insult that the mighty Colerain was be put on "THE SAME" football level with Lufkin, Longview and few other Texas teams. He just couldnt take that major INSULT.

But, here is not only some of my first post on that game topic but some of my first post on this 5ATexasfootball site. I was really putting Colerain down wasnt I...:rolleyes:

big red & cujo
06-21-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm re-awakening this post that is over 2 years old to show a few people that "PIG FARMER" is full of it.

This is some of my first post on this web-site and they were about this future game (Tyler Lee vs Colerain).

I would really like for Pig Farmer to show me where I insulted or put down Colerain ? I mean if putting them down is saying that I saw the 2004 Colerain vs McKinley Ohio State Title game and Colerain wasnt any better than Lufkin, Longview or a few other elite Texas teams then I guess I really put them down.

In fact I think I first said they were on par "no better or worse" than those elite East Texas teams.

I even said in one of my first post on here that Colerain would have the "homefield advantage." Wow huh "Pig-Farmer."

Now, your 100% right about the future Shieza talking between me and Concha. He couldnt take the fact that I was saying that the 2004 Colerain team was about on par with Lufkin, Longview and few other teams and of coarse to him there was no way SLC was better than Colerain. "NO Way."

So, the *** talking started between me and Concha mostly because he considered it an insult that the mighty Colerain was be put on "THE SAME" football level with Lufkin, Longview and few other Texas teams. He just couldnt take that major INSULT.

But, here is not only some of my first post on that game topic but some of my first post on this 5ATexasfootball site. I was really putting Colerain down wasnt I...:rolleyes:
that collarain would not have hung with lufkin that year in my opinion. lee was weak and very young that year.

Texasfrog
06-21-2007, 05:48 PM
One of Pig-Farmers girl friends (CONCHA) first post on here. I know that Pig Farmer keeps saying he was this sweet nice guy. But, this is one of his first post.

Colerain Coach Visits Texas (Post #22) from Concha.

Colerain would have spanked SLC in the '04 season. SLC gave up nearly 3 TDs per game. Colerain? 6 POINTS per game (about 3 on average if they would have left in the starters). The most yardage Colerain gave up al year was less than the AVERAGE that SLC did. I have talked to guys who have seen both teams play and the verdict is nearly unanimous that Colerain was CLEARLY better (and these were NOT Ohioans).

The only blowout that would occur in a Colerain-SLC game is the Colerain starters out by the middle of the 3rd fighting over cool refreshing beverages while the JVs get some PT.

"i honestly think that the top 10 teams from texas could beat the best team from Ohio" - LMAO. You honestly have no clue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of coarse I'm probably making this all up.:rolleyes:

pied
06-21-2007, 05:51 PM

with due respect for farmerfan, I'll take a stab:

Looks like Tyler Lee is getting ready for Fall football huh.. along with about 100 other Texas High school teams. Getting that passing game in tune.. and getting some workouts in to keep in football shape.

Hey CONCHA,,, what are the Colerain, Ohio boys doing right now ? Playing PS2 football doesnt count... sorry buddy.

In fact I told you about 100 times that I strongly believe the 2004 Colerain team would fit in nicely with the Texas top #15. " No better , No worse on any given Friday night."-I guess if few elite Texas teams, you mean top 15 you'd be right....

Ya, I agree with ya. Even though the Texas kids are basically practicing all year long. The pure superior genetic makeup and DNA of the Ohio kids will come out and they will destroy the inferior genetic Tyler Lee kids. Haaaaaa.

Us fat, lazy, slow Texas people.

Again.. Tyler Lee = 34
colerain = 17

that's my conservative pick.

That's another reason why I think Tyler Lee is going to blow the doors off of ColerainIF defensives arent used to seeing that type of offense its tough to get ready for it in "ONE WEEK".

Just be here to explain why Colerain "DOESNT PLAY DEFENSE" after that Tyler Lee game. I cant wait to hear your excuse

Ya, you're right. Just that this clown and his little (California buddy on another web-site) keep degrading Texas football. I love it, he keeps showing up and he'll post something negative about Texas football (that he knows nothing about) than denies that he post negative stuff about Texas football.

I've already said it a few times and I'll say it again. I'll let the Tyler Lee boy do my talking.

I just want him to be here "LIKE A MAN" when the game is over and explain what happen. I'm sure it will be alot "last years team", "next years team" and "that player" and "those players" kind of double talk to why things happened.

This is probably after Tyler Lee puts more points on Colerain than any team has done in probably 10 years. Watch....

The sad thing is I seriously doubt that his ever seen SLC, Lufkin or any handful of so called elite Texas teams play. But, he sure has an opinion on Texas teams doesnt he....

Tyler Lee = 34
Colerain = 17

Probably worse than that..

Yep, you are nothing but a courteous guy.......

pied
06-21-2007, 05:53 PM
that collarain would not have hung with lufkin that year in my opinion. lee was weak and very young that year.

I think they are referring to the '04 Colerain team, not the '05 one that played REL.

Texasfrog
06-21-2007, 06:03 PM
One of my first responses to Concha.

Colerain Coach Visits Tyler, Tx. Texasfrog #27

love it that you've made your way to this site. You named alot of Ohio coaches on another site that said Colerain was the best team they ever saw. Lets see.. "All those coaches were from OHIO!!" --- "OHIO!!" Now, unless Ohio is the United States of Ohio get over it. Colerain was a very good team for OHIO. "WOW I SAID THAT."

Did Coach Outlaw (Lufkin) say Colerain was the best team ? NOPE !
Coach Dodge (SLC) ? NOPE.
Coach Quis (Mid Lee)? NOPE.
Coach Warren (Abilene) ? NOPE.
Coach Florence (Denton R)? NOPE.
Coach King (Longview)? NOPE.
Coach Joseph (Katy) ? NOPE.

I could sit here and name about 100 other Texas coaches buddy.

Coach Owens (Tyler Lee) said he doubts the 2004 Colerain team was any better than Lufkin or Longview. This is from the Head coach of the team Colerain is going to play from Texas (Tyler Lee). Wow !

None of these Texas coaches even came close to saying Colerain was the best team they ever saw. Why ? They probably didnt even see Colerain play,,, Thats why.

Just like non of the Ohio coaches saw any of the Texas schools play. I doubt they saw SLC, Lufkin , Longview, REL, Westfield, Abilene, Smithson Valley play huh ??

Just because SLC had some close games doenst mean they were bad either genious. Just means that Texas has that thing called "Top competition."

I saw the 2004 Colerain vs McKinley game. That Mckinley team was pretty much pathetic. Texas has (5-5) 4A teams that would of probably beat them (FACT). I still believe 100% that statement even 2 years later.

I can promise you that the top 15 or so Texas 5A teams would of destroyed Mckinley just as bad as Colerain did if not worse. I still believe that almost 2 years later.

Colerain was a nice team. "Wow, I said that." But if Mckinley was a shining example of the competition Colerain was playing against in 2004. I wouldnt be running my mouth to much buddy.

We'll see here in a few months just how good Colerain is ? Both teams have about the same amount of rebuilding to doi so I dont want to hear anything from you if REL destroys them in their own backyard. "Notice I said (IF) over two years ago." Hmmm.

PS. If you honestly believe in National polls on the High school level. Well, the sky is Green if you know what I mean and I have some Ocean front property in Arizona for you. "Wow, I still believe this too almost 2 years later."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya, I was just putting Colerain down and telling the world how sorry they were in May.2005. Again, if putting them on the same level of Lufkin, Longview and about 15 other elite Texas teams is putting them down then I'm 100% guilty.

Again, the Shieza talking started with me and Concha. I wont deny that. But, again it started mostly because he considered it a major insult that I thought the 2004 SLC team was better than the 2004 Colerain team and that Colerain being compared to Longview & Lufkin was some type of major insult.

So, the games begin.

pied
06-21-2007, 06:09 PM
PS. If you honestly believe in National polls on the High school level. Well, the sky is Green if you know what I mean and I have some Ocean front property in Arizona for you. "Wow, I still believe this too almost 2 years later."

Just to clarify, what has your discussion w/cajun the past few days been about???

Rankings and computer simulations?and you have the stones to say you still believe it??? Seriously???

Is the sky green in a frog's world?

Do you read what you type? This has got to be a joke, right?

LGVAg
06-21-2007, 06:19 PM
I never even saw this thread (of course, I hadn't registered until a few months after, but I lurked during this time).

I don't think you were disrespectful once to Colerain. Picking against a team isn't disrespecting them, especially when picking a team like Lee against them (they demolished everyone in the playoffs save Spring Westfield), lost to Longview on the road in overtime, and lost to Lufkin in a shootout kinda game after losing a lot of their defense. So picking against them isn't disrespecting them, and saying that Texas High School workout regimen is tougher isn't disrespecting them either. Maybe you could have worded it differently, but there was nothing more than a small jab here or there (the PS2 comment).

And I'm sure it's been said since then, but yes, Lee went to Ohio and lost by 15 points, but then also lost 35-7 to Longview at home (in a game where the score could have been much much worse), 43-14 to Trinity at home, and 42-7 to John Tyler at home. If Ohio fans or Herbie want to use that game as some sort of victory over Texas football, so be it, but they only make themselves look ignorant. The best of the best of Ohio that year beat a 4-6 Texas team by two TDs. Not much to brag about.

pied
06-21-2007, 06:27 PM
And I'm sure it's been said since then, but yes, Lee went to Ohio and lost by 15 points, but then also lost 35-7 to Longview at home (in a game where the score could have been much much worse), 43-14 to Trinity at home, and 42-7 to John Tyler at home. If Ohio fans or Herbie want to use that game as some sort of victory over Texas football, so be it, but they only make themselves look ignorant. The best of the best of Ohio that year beat a 4-6 Texas team by two TDs. Not much to brag about.

I was actually in Ohio for the game.

I could not agree more with the bolded comment.

Colerain was not the best of the best in '05. They were very good but lost in the semis(to a team they lost to earlier in the year).

farmerfan
06-21-2007, 06:28 PM
I never even saw this thread (of course, I hadn't registered until a few months after, but I lurked during this time).

I don't think you were disrespectful once to Colerain. Picking against a team isn't disrespecting them, especially when picking a team like Lee against them (they demolished everyone in the playoffs save Spring Westfield), lost to Longview on the road in overtime, and lost to Lufkin in a shootout kinda game after losing a lot of their defense. So picking against them isn't disrespecting them, and saying that Texas High School workout regimen is tougher isn't disrespecting them either. Maybe you could have worded it differently, but there was nothing more than a small jab here or there (the PS2 comment).

That wasn't the point. Nobody ever said Texas took a backseat. Many Concha included praised Texas HS football. What you fail to mention and you would see in other threads about that game was how adament some where about how easily Lee would win. After the game the excuses came out. Other posters even noted how obsessive one of our posters was with Concha. The problem with these out of state games is we have posters that always take it to the next level and hardly ever engage into quality conversation. I could pull up some other post made.
As far as the Concha post about Carroll getting killed by Colerain in 04 that was a huge stretch and ignorant, I do believe he was prompted by a few other posters who said the same thing about Carroll blowing out Colerain.

Texasfrog
06-21-2007, 06:33 PM

Thanks, I only bring up this old "DEAD THREAD" because of few "DIPS" that like to say that I spent all my time ripping Colerain for about 4 or 5 months before that REL vs Colerain game.

First, I started out by giving them some pretty good respect comparing the 2004 Colerain team to the 2004 Lufking, Longview and about 15 other Texas elite teams.

I even said that Colerain would have a huge "homefield" advantage. Which aint an excuse because I believed in April.2005 that they (Colerain) would enjoy a great homefield advantage just like SLC is going to enjoy a homefield advantage against MNW.

Now, I fully admit that me and Concha went round and round. But, it mostly started because he was putting down SLC as some inferior team to Colerain and that being compared to teams like Lufkin & Longview was some type of insult.

But Thanks, I still know that most of the posters on this site actually have some common sense.

farmerfan
06-21-2007, 06:46 PM
05-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP-79
I have been reading all the arguments between you and some of the other posters on here. Lots of stats back and forth that have been skewed to show who ever was posting point. [Please show me stats that I have skewed. I have challenged Texas frog and now I ask the same of you: What have I skewed? Have you actually read my posts, or are you simply buying into texasfrog's lies and exaggerations?] I have seen you avoiding some questions. [This is laughable. I have been lied about by Texasfrog and challenged him to back up his lies and exaggerations, yet I"M the one avoiding questions?! Would you go out of your way to answer the questions of someone who posts lies about you and then hides when challenged???] I think you should answer a couple questions or be banned from this board. [I could care less if you think I should be banned. In fact, just what justification or reason do you see for my being banned to begin with? You take what Frog says hook, line and sinker. Can YOU show me where I have claimed Texas to be 2nd rate? Can you? I can direct you a post where I basically say that, overall, Texas is the top state in High school ball. Funny how this is ignored but Frog's lies, which he refuses to support, are taken as Gospel. Who should be banned? Me, or a liar?]
1. How many Texas 5A football games have you seen?
2. How many SLC Games have you seen?
3. Ohio and Texas High school football are completly different, How can you say one team is better than another. One game played this year will not show anything. It will be early in the year. The only time it will matter is playoff time- WIN OR GO HOME!

[I have stated that I believe SLC to be a better program in recent years than any Ohio program. I have stated that Texas is competitive at the highest tier of teams with any state and deepER than any state. This idea that Frog has about me belittling Texas football every two seconds is a lie. Check for yourself....]

Conchas statements are in bold. Doesn't look like he's belittling Texas to me. There are numerous other post where he doesn't and gives Texas its due respect.

pied
06-21-2007, 06:55 PM
doesn't look like he's belittling Texas to me. There are numerous other post where he doesn't and gives Texas its due respect.

You may need to edit so you can discern who is saying what.

farmerfan
06-21-2007, 06:59 PM
You may need to edit so you can discern who is saying what.

Thanks and done. I'm still trying to figure out how to add different quotes from different threads.

t-long20
06-21-2007, 07:08 PM
isn't this the second time tyler lee will be playing a team from ohio? i remember 2 or 3 years ago they played a team from up there but lost it was the year after they won state i think

farmerfan
06-21-2007, 07:12 PM
isn't this the second time tyler lee will be playing a team from ohio? i remember 2 or 3 years ago they played a team from up there but lost it was the year after they won state i think

They're not playing a team from Ohio. Some people just like bringing up old threads. They're fun to talk about.

Texasfrog
06-21-2007, 07:25 PM

No T-long20.. I brought this thread back to life because it was a thread about the future Tyler Lee vs Colerain game. I have someone lying basically telling everyone that I started off ripping this loser (Concha) and did nothing but put down Colerain.

But, the truth is I gave Colerain much respect "At the start" and even compared them to many Texas powers like Longview, Lufkin and about 15 other Texas teams.

It's just that someone (Concha) took that as a insult. PLus, he claimed there was no way that the 2004 SLC team could of beaten the 2004 Colerain team because many of his buddies saw SLC play in 2004 and they wouldnt of stayed on the field with Colerain, "blah blah blah blah."

The fact is my first post about Colerain were very respectful to them and it wasnt until someone got upset because I wouldnt buy into the fact that the 2004 Colerain team was the Worlds Greatest football team every put together that things got really heated between me and him.

LGVAg
06-21-2007, 07:27 PM
I was actually in Ohio for the game.

I could not agree more with the bolded comment.

Colerain was not the best of the best in '05. They were very good but lost in the semis(to a team they lost to earlier in the year).

That team barely beat them (by 7 and then by 3), and then went on to win state. They weren't the best that year, but they were up there with them.

DragonFan0316
06-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Wow. This thread is a real barn burner. I have lived in TX and OH. IMO, TX is by far the best top to bottom. One game between two teams proves nothing though. Chill out boys.:cool:

Texasfrog
06-21-2007, 07:31 PM
That team barely beat them (by 7 and then by 3), and then went on to win state. They weren't the best that year, but they were up there with them.

That's right.. Colerain had two loses on the year by 7 and 3 pts. Both loses were to St.Xavier the Ohio Champs.

So, it's safe to say that Colerain was a top #3 Ohio team in 2005.

The other sad fact is just by looking at their record and results from 2005. Guess who was the third toughest game for them ?

Ya, that no good Texas team that traveled to Ohio to play them (Tyler Lee). What was it a 15 or 17 pt loss. Not bad considering that Colerain beat almost eveyone else they played that year by like 30 or 40 pts.

big red & cujo
06-21-2007, 07:32 PM
I think they are referring to the '04 Colerain team, not the '05 one that played REL.
oh in that case tyler lee would spanked that booty. they scored atleast 28 points in every game that year.

farmerfan
06-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Wow. This thread is a real barn burner. I have lived in TX and OH. IMO, TX is by far the best top to bottom. One game between two teams proves nothing though. Chill out boys.:cool:

Nobody was trying to say otherwise. Some people take it personal if anybody even mentions there is good football played in other states. The ohio poster that was posting on here even stated that Texas top to bottom was the best football state in teh country. I guess some people just need to hear that Texas is the only state that plays football in the US.:rolleyes:

farmerfan
06-21-2007, 07:35 PM
oh in that case tyler lee would spanked that booty. they scored atleast 28 points in every game that year.

Lee was playing great football come playoff time that year. I didnt think they would beat Trinity in the state semis and they came into Texas Stadium and had their way with the Trojans. I would have loved to seen Colerain and Lee play in 04, Colerain also had a much better team in 04 than they did in 05. Would have been fun to watch the Lee offense go up against that Cardinal defense. and vice versa.

t-long20
06-21-2007, 07:35 PM
They're not playing a team from Ohio. Some people just like bringing up old threads. They're fun to talk about.

wow dont i feel naive:(

t-long20
06-21-2007, 07:37 PM
No T-long20.. I brought this thread back to life because it was a thread about the future Tyler Lee vs Colerain game. I have someone lying basically telling everyone that I started off ripping this loser (Concha) and did nothing but put down Colerain.

Well stop bringing these old threads back to life!:rolleyes:

DragonFan0316
06-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Nobody was trying to say otherwise. Some people take it personal if anybody even mentions there is good football played in other states. The ohio poster that was posting on here even stated that Texas top to bottom was the best football state in teh country. I guess some people just need to hear that Texas is the only state that plays football in the US.:rolleyes:

It does help the ego a little.:) I played in Baltimore MD. Talk about bad football. They drew more fans to my son's spring scrimmage then we ever drew to a game. Texas may be more serious than other states but what do I know.

farmerfan
06-21-2007, 07:40 PM
It does help the ego a little.:) I played in Baltimore MD. Talk about bad football. They drew more fans to my son's spring scrimmage then we ever drew to a game. Texas may be more serious than other states but what do I know.

I dated a girl last fall from Maryland and we went to the Southlake/Evangel game. She was in utter shock at the atmosphere and crowd. I am eagerly anticipating watching some Georgia high school football.

Texasfrog
06-21-2007, 07:52 PM

Ya, like you DragonFan.. I've been lucky enough to live in many different parts of the country and see a lot of football from different regions.

There is several people on here that like to "spin things" and Farmer is pretty much #1 at it.

He is a very selective reader with an even bigger selective memory. But, there are good teams all over the nation. But, Texas has the best depth no doubt.

ThEgReAtOnE
06-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Ya, like you DragonFan.. I've been lucky enough to live in many different parts of the country and see a lot of football from different regions.

There is several people on here that like to "spin things" and Farmer is pretty much #1 at it.

He is a very selective reader with an even bigger selective memory. But, there are good teams all over the nation. But, Texas has the best depth no doubt.

No need to worry about vodkafarmer... he's got his own demons, that needs drowning.

On the subject of Colerain, 2004... they were a solid team, but.... here's a look at the teams they played and the score...

Elder (7-4) (21-3)
Anderson (5-5) (48-10)
Princeton (3-7) (45-10)
Sycamore (4-6) (49-0)
Milford (3-7) (70-3)
Middletown (5-5) (55-7)
Fairfield (5-5) (56-14)
Lakota West (8-3) (69-21)
Oak Hills (4-6) (56-0)
LaSalle (6-5) (35-7)
Elder (7-4) (38-3)
Centerville (11-1) (35-7)
Archbishop Moeller (10-3) (34-6)
Worthington Kilbourne (11-3) (34-3)
McKlinley (11-4) (50-10)

Colerain went 15-0

Beat 6 teams with winning records.

Now, look at Lee's opponents, in 2004...

PA Memorial (6-5) (41-0)
Waco High (7-3) (35-14)
Lufkin (13-2) (Lost, 44-33)
Euless Trinity (10-4) (Lost, 42-39)
Rockwall (2-8) (41-7)
Longview (12-1) (Lost, 34-31)
North Mesquite (6-4) (37-6)
John Tyler (2-8) (44-13)
Mesquite (6-7) (44-13)
Mesquite Horn (3-7) (41-21)
Garland (8-3) (28-10)
Richardson Berkner (9-4) (36-6)
Austin McNeil (8-6) (38-13)
Euless Trinity (10-4) (28-7)
Spring Westfield (12-3) (28-21)

Lee went 12-3

Beat 10 teams with winning records.

Given the reasoning that I believe Texas has the toughest competition, I think the Colerain vs Lee (2004) game would be pretty close. Could've gone either way, but my money would be on a battle tested Tyler Lee.

In 2005... Lee's Championship team had pretty much graduated... and it was up to the luck of the youth to see what they'd field. Colerain fielded a better team... in the fact that they finished #2 in the State, in many Ohio Polls in 2005. However, a 15 pt loss to the #2 in Ohio, isn't THAT bad... for a (4-6) struggling team.

big red & cujo
06-21-2007, 10:11 PM
No need to worry about vodkafarmer... he's got his own demons, that needs drowning.

On the subject of Colerain, 2004... they were a solid team, but.... here's a look at the teams they played and the score...

Elder (7-4) (21-3)
Anderson (5-5) (48-10)
Princeton (3-7) (45-10)
Sycamore (4-6) (49-0)
Milford (3-7) (70-3)
Middletown (5-5) (55-7)
Fairfield (5-5) (56-14)
Oak Hills (4-6) (56-0)
LaSalle (6-5) (35-7)
Elder (7-4) (38-3)
McKlinley (11-4) (50-10)

Colerain went 15-0

PA Memorial (6-5) (41-0)
Waco High (7-3) (35-14)
Rockwall (2-8) (41-7)
John Tyler (2-8) (44-13)
Mesquite (6-7) (44-13)
Garland (8-3) (28-10)

Lee went 12-3

Given the reasoning that I believe Texas has the toughest competition, I think the Colerain vs Lee (2004) game would be pretty close. Could've gone either way, but my money would be on a battle tested Tyler Lee.

In 2005... Lee's Championship team had pretty much graduated... and it was up to the luck of the youth to see what they'd field. Colerain fielded a better team... in the fact that they finished #2 in the State, in many Ohio Polls in 2005. However, a 15 pt loss to the #2 in Ohio, isn't THAT bad... for a (4-6) struggling team.
spring westfield was 13-2. lee played round rock mcniel in the 3rd round. you have austin mcniel. is round rock in austin?

LGVAg
06-21-2007, 10:12 PM

Elder (7-4) (21-3)
Anderson (5-5) (48-10)
Princeton (3-7) (45-10)
Sycamore (4-6) (49-0)
Milford (3-7) (70-3)
Middletown (5-5) (55-7)
Fairfield (5-5) (56-14)
Oak Hills (4-6) (56-0)
LaSalle (6-5) (35-7)
Elder (7-4) (38-3)
McKlinley (11-4) (50-10)

Colerain went 15-0

PA Memorial (6-5) (41-0)
Waco High (7-3) (35-14)
Rockwall (2-8) (41-7)
John Tyler (2-8) (44-13)
Mesquite (6-7) (44-13)
Garland (8-3) (28-10)

Lee went 12-3

Great post.

To be honest, I don't see how we beat them at Lobo (I played for the 2004 team). After that win, I wouldn't want to play them again. I knew they'd be tough because most of their defense were returning starters from the quarterfinals team, and most of their offense returned as well (including players who had played since their freshman year). Coach King told us on the offense that we HAD to score points because he knew that Lee would. Our defense allowed no more than 21 points up until that game (and that was to ECA in an overtime game). And then after that allowed no more than 14 until we played North Garland (where special teams miscues gave them a lot of their points) and Lufkin.

We played up for that game, no doubt. There's a reason they went on to win state, killing every opponent after that (they had 5 players missing for the Trinity game that they lost 42-39, and there was some questionable stuff... I have the DVD).

Also, Great, I should have the video for you soon. :)

maxtor
06-21-2007, 10:48 PM
I dated a girl last fall from Maryland and we went to the Southlake/Evangel game. She was in utter shock at the atmosphere and crowd.

Her head would have fell off if she had went to the SLC/Trinity game.

farmerfan
06-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Her head would have fell off if she had went to the SLC/Trinity game.

I had seen the light by then and had gotten rid of her. The girls out here in Georgia that have seen the pics I have of that game think we all need to get a life.:eek:

TrojanHorse03
06-22-2007, 02:53 AM
[QUOTE=LGVAg;496138]Great post. (they had 5 players missing for the Trinity game that they lost 42-39, and there was some questionable stuff... I have the DVD).
Questionable stuff???? Keep in mind I was at the game, I'm curious what you mean.

Texasfrog
06-22-2007, 07:23 AM

Elder (7-4) (21-3)
Anderson (5-5) (48-10)
Princeton (3-7) (45-10)
Sycamore (4-6) (49-0)
Milford (3-7) (70-3)
Middletown (5-5) (55-7)
Fairfield (5-5) (56-14)
Oak Hills (4-6) (56-0)
LaSalle (6-5) (35-7)
Elder (7-4) (38-3)
McKlinley (11-4) (50-10)

Colerain went 15-0

PA Memorial (6-5) (41-0)
Waco High (7-3) (35-14)
Rockwall (2-8) (41-7)
John Tyler (2-8) (44-13)
Mesquite (6-7) (44-13)
Garland (8-3) (28-10)

Lee went 12-3

I'm done with the Clown. All he pretty much does is "LIE & MAKE UP STUFF" on here anyway. Again, he wont ever give a prediction on anything. He just sits back and waits until after the games are over and comes on here and basically attacks everyone that got anything wrong like he knew the answer the whole time (GREAT MONDAY MORNING QB).:rolleyes:

Again, my first few post about the 2004 Colerain team werent even to Concha loser. They were to other Texans about the future game (2005 REL vs Colerain) and all I said was that the 2004 Colerain team was on par with Texas teams like Lufkin, Longview, Tyler Lee and about 15 other Texas teams.

So, I guess from comparing the 2004 Colerain team to pretty much the best 15 teams in Texas I was insulting them. At least to Concha loser I was insulting them bigtime. Plus, according to Concha loser there was no way on God's Green Earth that SLC could even stay on the field with Colerain in 2004. I believe he even stated the game would of been over by halftime if they played. But, hey TGO, I'm the probably just lying and making all this up as usual huh.;)

Anyway, nobody could see that the 2005 Tyler Lee team was going to be a shell of it's previous 7 or so years. Just happens that Tyler Lee was pretty "BAD" in 2005 but that's how that worked out. Of coarse the Colerain team lost twice (7pts and 3pts) to the Ohio Champs (St.Xavier) and Tyler Lee doesnt even make the Texas playoffs. "Hmmm."

Also, I do think it's pretty funny that if you look at the 2005 Colerain results. Pretty much the 2nd toughest team they faced all year behind (St.X) was that Tyler Lee team that traveled to freaking Ohio to play them. I think that proves first hand what State has the toughest compeitition level.

Plus, Texas High (4A) going up to Ohio this past season and drilling Findlay like a chump. That score could of been 60ish to 7 if Texas High didnt show mercy on them in the 3rd QT by putting back-ups in the game and pulling their Star players like Mallett.

Again, when the whole topic started about the future game. I started out by comparing Colerain to Texas teams like Lufkin, Longview , Spring Westfield and other elite Texas teams. So, call me guilty of doing that.;) It wasnt until Conchaloser took that comparison of Colerain being put on the same plain as Texas teams like Lufkin that the "Game begin."

Also, for the record. The 2004 McKinley team that played agaisnt Colerain in the State Title.. "THEY SUCKED" but even Conchaloser is on record pretty much saying the samething. "Go figure." They were slightly better than the 2006 Findlay team that Texas High (4A) destroyed.

2004 McKinley teams = 2006 Findlay team for the most part.

I'm done with the topic.

farmerfan
06-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Since it has been documented that I never post predictions and stay a monday morning QB let me go back and retract some previous predictions I have given, here is the 1st post from a thread I started on June 1st

http://www.5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/showthread.php?t=17674

I'm about to head to Atlanta so I got to keep this short.
Sox will take 2 out of 3 this weekend.
I see Wang getting the win tonight over Wake with Schill besting the Moose tomorrow night and Beckett shutting down the yanks on Sunday night baseball while Pettitte will pitch good but get no support.

my post after the yankees took 2 of 3 from the sox

Holy **** we allowed a guy who yells agghhh to beat us. **** **** ****. o well cant win em all and cant predict em all. yankees are still 12.5 out and 6 under .500 and lets not forget the mass suck they are.

just for you CoveMom

Here is one from May 20th of this past year.

http://www.5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/showthread.php?t=17430

Keeping with my run of good luck lately. Here is another thread before the next 3 game set between these two square off tomorrow in the Zoo. We got Wake going up against Moose in game one with Tavarez and Wang pitching game 2 and Schilling and Pettitte finishing things off on Wed. I give Boston the advantage in games 1 and 3 and look for them to send a message those games. I cant see Tavarez pitching good enough for the win on Tuesday night but thats ok because come October Wang wont be pitching and Tavarez will.
All in all we take 2 pf 3 again and increase our lead over the Zoo keepers to 12 games.
That June prediction sure is looking pretty.

How about this one from back in January

I just have a feeling you will see BCG leave town but its just my opinion and no I am not hating on A&M nor am I afraid to see them succeed in anything. Just the way I feel. followed by this
posted on Jan 20th
However if a school such as Kentucky comes a calling where they will get 24,000 in for freaking Mercer then why not take it? Tubby has done a good job at Kentucky but they have not been the same team in a few years and I would not be suprised to see them run him out if he doesnt get them back in the top 10 on a yearly basis.
from that same thread also posted on Jan 20th

Firebird as usual great stuff my man.
The one school I had in mind when I made this post was Kentucky. I know that their are some very unhappy boosters down there right now and I dont know why. I love Tubby Smith but the knock on him is he won that title with Pitino's team. He had some other great teams get upset in the NCAA's and all though that happens Kentucky fans and boosters dont believe it should to them. That is the one place I could see him landing in the next fewe years is Kentucky. I also understand that Texas is very rich in basketball and he could use his texas ties at a program such as Kentucky
here is the link from that thread http://www.5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/showthread.php?t=14817

final one I will post. This is from the Carroll spring game pushed back thread

Scott you guys will be fine. Too much fire power on offense and discipline on defense. MNW does not know what they are getting into. Carroll will be in mid-season form in week 1. With the skill players you all have plus the experience on the O-Line you guys will be able to pick apart the Bulls. I agree with many posters on here who say that Carroll will score in the 40's. I say Carroll does better than that and wins 52-20.

so much for never making predictions.

Texasfrog
06-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey TGO,, I also thought Colerain did an outstanding job of finding that "TRANSFER" athletic QB for the 2005 season.

Must be nice to have a need position like QB and be able to fill it with a kid that goes to a nearby school that just happens to be a pretty salty athletic QB that runs the same type of offense as Colerain.

I think it's funny how that always seems to work for other States elite teams many years. They seem to get some pretty salty "TRANSFER" that just happens to be able to fill a need position.

Kinda like MNW needs some lineman. Well, "HELLO" here comes a Univ-Miami commit (OL) to help you out.

Anyway, I'm done with Clown.. He can go back to "crying into his tissue.":D Pig-Farmer, Like I even give a "D" about that. I could care less.. Poo-Poo.;)

farmerfan
06-22-2007, 09:37 AM
So now we have a poster saying how Colerain and other programs benefit from players moving into their system. Interesting. I guess no public school in Texas have ever benefited from that have they?

TheBigPeach
06-23-2007, 01:23 AM
We'll be at the Texas-Ohio State game and Tyler Lee.

Anyone else planning on going?

Hopefully the Texas high school fans will rally around Tyler Lee and make the trip to Ohio.

This is the only time you will get to see Tyler Lee and probably any another Texas team for that matter play an Ohio power.

So, we need to represent Texas well.

Im from Ohio, and I know all about Colerain.....(I am from Massillon and we hate Colerian). They are a private school, they are always in the top 5 in the state. I think Tyler Lee will have some trouble in this one...Even though I havent looked at stats, I know Colerain is always tough year after year. Take some videos for Us. :)

pied
06-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Im from Ohio, and I know all about Colerain.....(I am from Massillon and we hate Colerian). They are a private school, they are always in the top 5 in the state. I think Tyler Lee will have some trouble in this one...Even though I havent looked at stats, I know Colerain is always tough year after year. Take some videos for Us. :)

huh?????

TheBigPeach
06-23-2007, 10:14 AM
huh?????

Was thinking St.Xavier for some reason, they are always good also.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20061023/VIDEO02/310270003/

dragons08
06-23-2007, 01:16 PM

this game happend, a few years ago bub.

Texasfrog
06-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Was thinking St.Xavier for some reason, they are always good also.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20061023/VIDEO02/310270003/

Dragon08 is right. This game happened in 2005. I brought it back to life because someone doesnt know exactly what they're talking about "as usual" but the thread can die now.

PS. I think it's save to say that St.Xavier and Colerain are always two pretty salty teams in Ohio.;)

farmerfan
06-23-2007, 01:58 PM
I am glad to see where Kermit has finally admitted he doesnt have his facts straight and the thread can die. I just hope unlike his supposed "ignore" list he holds true to this. Something tells me he wont though. PS it's funny how Kermit brings up the thread that Concha does not post in. :eek::eek:

Buckeye21
06-26-2007, 01:30 PM
I find this thread pretty funny myself and it brings back memories. I remember reading all these long threads about the game and Concha and Texasfrog going back and forth insulting each other. In the end it has proved nothing. You all make some valid points, yet others are flawed. I will give my unbiased opinion on that game and the debates in general. Yes, I am from Ohio but I am just an avid football fan. I could care less about being hated or loved on football boards. Here it goes....

1. According to Texas posters, Colerain only won by 16. That proves they weren't much better than other Texas schools considering Texas teams beat them way worse after the Colerain game. That proves nothing and you guys know that, but you can twist it to try and make a point. That is like saying the Browns are better than the Texans because Cleveland only lost by 16 to the Steelers, but the Texans lost by 30 to them. In the grand scheme of things it means nothing in projecting which teams are better because so much can change from week to week. Colerain was 0-1 when that game was played and Tyler Lee just got done beating a very good Chaminade Madonna team from Florida. Colerain was breaking in a new qb. Anyone that watched the game saw the Colerain DOMINATED the game and easily could have won by more if they wanted to. However, there is no reason to run up the score in a high profile game. Texas high could have put up about 70 on a terrible Findlay team last year but didn't for the same reason. They were far superior and called off the dogs after halftime.

2. Not trying to rip on Texasfrog because for the most part he is a very knowledgeable poster, but he always rips on out of state posters. He bit my head off one time for a completely innocent post I made. They were talking about the Findlay vs Texas High game last year (before it was played) and I said Texas High would probably win because Findlay wasn't any good. I believe I said they weren't even a top 50 program in the state and they have never won anything. I said I didn't know how they got into the tourney. He jumped all over me and said I was making excuses, etc...I stopped posting until a few weeks ago. He hasn't ripped on me yet, but I haven't said much either. So far so good. I have a feeling I will get blasted after this post.

Texasfrog says that out of state posters can't post about Texas football when they only see a game every now and then on television. However, "HE" can say that 15 Texas teams are as good as the 2004 Colerain team by watching one game and knowing nothing about Ohio football. That McKinley team they played was the worst team to be in a title game in a long time, so it probably made Colerain seem much more unimpressive and uninspired. In my opinion that 04 Colerain team was the best high school team I have ever seen. I have watched Longview, SLC (granted only a few times), Ohio ball, etc...for 15 years. They were amazing. Could a Texas team beat them? Sure. Not saying they couldn't, but that team was special and I think that is why Concha took exception. Like I said, I have only seen about 10-15 Texas high school games, so it is hard for me to really compare any out of state teams to them.

Texasfrog (and others) always downplay other states programs as compared to Texas. He makes unrealistic statements like "The 5 best teams in Ohio could come down to Texas and they will see 100 other teams that are just as good." That is just absurd. If that were true Texas universities would have 18 teams ranking in the NCAA top 25 every week. lol
That statement may be true if he were talking about Vermont, but not Ohio or Florida.

3. Concha did the same garbage for the most part.

4. Texas and Ohio posters both have a superiority complex when it comes to their high school football. I know you guys take pride in your ball, but so does Ohio. Ohio is basically Texas north when it comes to high school football. It is just as much integrated in the communities as it is in Texas. It is not uncommon for a 15,000 population town to bring 7 or 8k to a big game. Many teams average over 15k for regular season games. The top programs in Ohio can play right with the top teams in Texas and vice versa. Texas doesn't always have the best or better teams and neither does Ohio. The difference between the two states is depth. Texas is over twice the size of Ohio population wise, so it makes darn good sense that Texas will have MORE good teams. The quality of players is no different and that can be supported by facts. Just look at NFL rosters and college teams. Texas fills college rosters all over the place. Well, so does Ohio. Ohio is the main recruiting ground for the entire Big Ten. Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Michigan State, etc...usually get their elite talent from Ohio. Same can be said for Oklahoma, Ok State, etc.. taking Texas players. Do you think Ohio State is loaded every year because the football in Ohio is just decent? OSU loses a lot of the top players in the state to the schools mentioned above, but still finds elite talent to be a perennial top 5-10 team.

5. In conclusion these games and posts prove nothing. Just be objective when looking at things and don't put the blinders on. I will be the first to say that Texas high school football is the best in the country. That is one reason I get on this board. I respect it so much. However, I won't downgrade other states that I know play great ball such as Florida, Georgia and California. Like I said above...I think Ohio football is even with Texas quality wise, but the depth in my opinion make Texas the best. Ohio may have 20 great teams in a given year and Texas may have 35-45 great teams. In high school a lot can change from year to year, so these games are fun and a slight gauge at best but they surely don't say which state is better.

You can take this post for what it is worth, but hopefully it gets some people to stop being homers and just discuss football without getting defensive, rude or ignorant. Just enjoy these out of state games because they are a lot of fun and they give people bragging rights for the year.

svhorns
06-26-2007, 01:47 PM
I find this thread pretty funny myself and it brings back memories. I remember reading all these long threads about the game and Concha and Texasfrog going back and forth insulting each other. In the end it has proved nothing. You all make some valid points, yet others are flawed. I will give my unbiased opinion on that game and the debates in general. Yes, I am from Ohio but I am just an avid football fan. I could care less about being hated or loved on football boards. Here it goes....

1. According to Texas posters, Colerain only won by 16. That proves they weren't much better than other Texas schools considering Texas teams beat them way worse after the Colerain game. That proves nothing and you guys know that, but you can twist it to try and make a point. That is like saying the Browns are better than the Texans because Cleveland only lost by 16 to the Steelers, but the Texans lost by 30 to them. In the grand scheme of things it means nothing in projecting which teams are better because so much can change from week to week. Colerain was 0-1 when that game was played and Tyler Lee just got done beating a very good Chaminade Madonna team from Florida. Colerain was breaking in a new qb. Anyone that watched the game saw the Colerain DOMINATED the game and easily could have won by more if they wanted to. However, there is no reason to run up the score in a high profile game. Texas high could have put up about 70 on a terrible Findlay team last year but didn't for the same reason. They were far superior and called off the dogs after halftime.

2. Not trying to rip on Texasfrog because for the most part he is a very knowledgeable poster, but he always rips on out of state posters. He bit my head off one time for a completely innocent post I made. They were talking about the Findlay vs Texas High game last year (before it was played) and I said Texas High would probably win because Findlay wasn't any good. I believe I said they weren't even a top 50 program in the state and they have never won anything. I said I didn't know how they got into the tourney. He jumped all over me and said I was making excuses, etc...I stopped posting until a few weeks ago. He hasn't ripped on me yet, but I haven't said much either. So far so good. I have a feeling I will get blasted after this post.

Texasfrog says that out of state posters can't post about Texas football when they only see a game every now and then on television. However, "HE" can say that 15 Texas teams are as good as the 2004 Colerain team by watching one game and knowing nothing about Ohio football. That McKinley team they played was the worst team to be in a title game in a long time, so it probably made Colerain seem much more unimpressive and uninspired. In my opinion that 04 Colerain team was the best high school team I have ever seen. I have watched Longview, SLC (granted only a few times), Ohio ball, etc...for 15 years. They were amazing. Could a Texas team beat them? Sure. Not saying they couldn't, but that team was special and I think that is why Concha took exception. Like I said, I have only seen about 10-15 Texas high school games, so it is hard for me to really compare any out of state teams to them.

Texasfrog (and others) always downplay other states programs as compared to Texas. He makes unrealistic statements like "The 5 best teams in Ohio could come down to Texas and they will see 100 other teams that are just as good." That is just absurd. If that were true Texas universities would have 18 teams ranking in the NCAA top 25 every week. lol
That statement may be true if he were talking about Vermont, but not Ohio or Florida.

4. Texas and Ohio posters both have a superiority complex when it comes to their high school football. I know you guys take pride in your ball, but so does Ohio. Ohio is basically Texas north when it comes to high school football. It is just as much integrated in the communities as it is in Texas. It is not uncommon for a 15,000 population town to bring 7 or 8k to a big game. Many teams average over 15k for regular season games. The top programs in Ohio can play right with the top teams in Texas and vice versa. Texas doesn't always have the best or better teams and neither does Ohio. The difference between the two states is depth. Texas is over twice the size of Ohio population wise, so it makes darn good sense that Texas will have MORE good teams. The quality of players is no different and that can be supported by facts. Just look at NFL rosters and college teams. Texas fills college rosters all over the place. Well, so does Ohio. Ohio is the main recruiting ground for the entire Big Ten. Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Michigan State, etc...usually get their elite talent from Ohio. Same can be said for Oklahoma, Ok State, etc.. taking Texas players. Do you think Ohio State is loaded every year because the football in Ohio is just decent? OSU loses a lot of the top players in the state to the schools mentioned above, but still finds elite talent to be a perennial top 5-10 team.

5. In conclusion these games and posts prove nothing. Just be objective when looking at things and don't put the blinders on. I will be the first to say that Texas high school football is the best in the country. That is one reason I get on this board. I respect it so much. However, I won't downgrade other states that I know play great ball such as Florida, Georgia and California. Like I said above...I think Ohio football is even with Texas quality wise, but the depth in my opinion make Texas the best. Ohio may have 20 great teams in a given year and Texas may have 35-45 great teams. In high school a lot can change from year to year, so these games are fun and a slight gauge at best but they surely don't say which state is better.

You can take this post for what it is worth, but hopefully it gets some people to stop being homers and just discuss football without getting defensive, rude or ignorant. Just enjoy these out of state games because they are a lot of fun and they give people bragging rights for the year.

too much pride for that to happen here... and egos about as big as the earth

Buckeye21
06-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Trust me....I can say the same exact thing in the Ohio boards. They do the same crap. lol

RidgePride
06-26-2007, 03:10 PM
1. If you are going to refer to Findlay as a terrible Ohio team then also refer to Tyler Lee as a terrible TX team in 05. The final records speak for themselves not the first two games.

2. I tend to side with TexasFrog and TGO most of the time. Some people, especially from other states, need to be set straight. I don't think TexasFrog stated that 100 TX teams are as good as Ohio's top 5 - that is insane. I could do without the excessive round and round debates though.

3. Concha does the same but always adds personal insults.

4. You can add Florida and Cali to that list too.
I believe that top teams from almost all states can compete with each other every year.

5. Your last statement is like wishing for world peace.

Texasfrog
06-26-2007, 03:37 PM
I find this thread pretty funny myself and it brings back memories. I remember reading all these long threads about the game and Concha and Texasfrog going back and forth insulting each other. In the end it has proved nothing. You all make some valid points, yet others are flawed. I will give my unbiased opinion on that game and the debates in general. Yes, I am from Ohio but I am just an avid football fan. I could care less about being hated or loved on football boards. Here it goes....Again, when myself and Conchalooser got into it. It wasnt so much on if REL was going to beat Colerain. Ya, I'm going to pool for the Texas boys. It was because Conchaloser couldnt take the compliment of saying the 2004 Colerain team was on par with the Top #15 Texas teams. To him that was a major put down of the mighty Colerain who was clearly the best HS team in World history.:rolleyes: On top of the fact that Colerain would of destoryed SLC by halftime and it wouldnt of even been close. On top of the fact that he claimed Texas teams dont play defense like Ohio teams do. On top of the fact of about 100 other things. But, let it be known that I said the 2004 Colerain team was on par with the top 2004 Texas teams. Something that Concha just couldnt swallow.

1. According to Texas posters, Colerain only won by 16. That proves they weren't much better than other Texas schools considering Texas teams beat them way worse after the Colerain game. That proves nothing and you guys know that, but you can twist it to try and make a point. That is like saying the Browns are better than the Texans because Cleveland only lost by 16 to the Steelers, but the Texans lost by 30 to them. In the grand scheme of things it means nothing in projecting which teams are better because so much can change from week to week. Colerain was 0-1 when that game was played and Tyler Lee just got done beating a very good Chaminade Madonna team from Florida. Colerain was breaking in a new qb. Anyone that watched the game saw the Colerain DOMINATED the game and easily could have won by more if they wanted to. However, there is no reason to run up the score in a high profile game. Texas high could have put up about 70 on a terrible Findlay team last year but didn't for the same reason. They were far superior and called off the dogs after halftime. First, Colerain didnt DOMINATE the game like you want to say they did. They won and they beat Tyler Lee there aint no doubt about that. But, DOMINATION please...:rolleyes: I think it was 28-12 at halftime and Tyler Lee had plenty of shots in the 2nd half to get the game tight. In fact they did a good job of controlling Colerain most of the 2nd half (but let me guess ? that's because Colerain was taking it easy.:rolleyes: ). Here are the games I saw that year from REL. (Chaminade, Colerain, Trinity, John Tyler, Longview) and I think Longview and Trinity were much more so called "DOMINATE" then Colerain was. Also, the little fact that REL came to Ohio and played Colerain in their backyard which is something that gets overlooked by some of y'all from Ohio. I have yet to see one of the so called dominate Ohio teams leave OHIO and travel to Florida, Texas, California for a game. Just throwing that out there to you Buckeye. If you want to see Colerain so called "DOMINATION" I suggest you take a look at the other teams they played beside St.Xavier. I'm talking those teams they smoked by 40 and 50 pts. No way on God's Green Earth that day in 2005 was Colerain going to beat Tyler Lee by a margin of 35 or more pts. They might of gotten to a 25 pts spread and that's it. Colerain never pulled their starters out, and they were trying to score late. They did take a knee with like 25 seconds left. Like I said, they might of been able to get about 25 pts spread on Tyler Lee in 2005.

Ya, I think I remember doing that now that you brought it up. Only because we saw many Ohio posters after the year and Tyler Lee obviously had one of the worst seasons in about 10 years (4-6) and almost to a person it was "Texas sucks we beat one of y'all's best teams and Texas sucks." Also, I remember starting out with Conchaloser and explaining to him "EARLY ON BEFORE THE FIREWORKs" on how Colerain will have a homefield advantage being that the game is in Ohio. Of coarse he response was that "Your making excuses for your Texas team." Go figure huh. By the way, Texas High could of put 70pts on Findlay (4-6) team just like Tyler Lee (4-6). The only clear and obvious difference is Texas High put 2nd and 3rd string players in the game midway into the 3rd QT. Colerain didnt do that in the 3rd QT. You wanta know why ? Because they werent DOMINATING the game like you say and if they put their 2nd and 3rd string players in the game Tyler Lee would of been slap back into the game probably. Just like when Texas High put their backups in and Findlay got a couple of quick trash touchdowns in about 7 minutes. By the way, I go to Yappis like once a month and ask a question about something. Well since my name has Texas in it.. I usually get about 3 or 4 quick PM's and everyone one of them is pretty much the same "Texas sucks."

Texasfrog says that out of state posters can't post about Texas football when they only see a game every now and then on television. I might of said something to that affect. There is only 240+ Texas 5A's and 240+ Texas 4A's so ya watching one game a year of Texas HS football really doesnt show you the overall depth. However, "HE" can say that 15 Texas teams are as good as the 2004 Colerain team by watching one game and knowing nothing about Ohio football. Wow, again this much be a major put down by saying the 2004 Colerain team was on par with the top #15 Texas teams. Still totally amazes me how that is a put down. Also just so you know, I saw more than just the 2004 Colerain vs McKinley game. I saw the 2003 Elder games and a couple of others before the mighty Colerain vs Tyler Lee,Tx game was ever played That McKinley team they played was the worst team to be in a title game in a long time I agree with you on the simple aspect that they werent that good and even Conchaloser said that also. I'll still say today that the 2005 Tyler Lee team (4-6) was better than that McKinley team in 2004. If anything it would of been a close hard fought game. I know what I said about McKinley and I'll still say it almost 3 years later. We in Texas have (4A) teams that could of beaten them. We had Texas (4A) teams that could of also beaten the 2005 Tyler Lee team that went (4-6). Like I said, that 2004 Mckinley team and the 2005 Tyler Lee team were pretty even overall. , so it probably made Colerain seem much more unimpressive and uninspired. No, that 2004 Colerain team was pretty inspired after they had like 2 or 3 turnovers to start the game. In my opinion that 04 Colerain team was the best high school team I have ever seen. I have watched Longview, SLC (granted only a few times), Ohio ball, etc...for 15 years. They were amazing. Could a Texas team beat them? Sure. Not saying they couldn't, but that team was special and I think that is why Concha took exception. Ya, I would say that he took exception alright. He couldnt take what was a compliment of Colerain being on par with the top #15 Texas teams. That was a major put-down and of coarse he attacked me for saying it. Like I said, I have only seen about 10-15 Texas high school games, so it is hard for me to really compare any out of state teams to them.

Texasfrog (and others) always downplay other states programs as compared to Texas. This is just a 100% total BS absurd Total freaking bonified straight out 100%..LIE !! He makes unrealistic statements like "The 5 best teams in Ohio could come down to Texas and they will see 100 other teams that are just as good." Show me where I said these please. I want to see it. Please show me where I said this. I dont recall ever saying that so please show me where I said this. I think what I've always pretty much said and still believe it today more than ever is if you take the Top #6 or so teams from a State like Ohio there is about #20 of equal skill in Texas. Texas is deeper with more quality teams. That is just absurd. If that were true Texas universities would have 18 teams ranking in the NCAA top 25 every week. lol

4. Texas and Ohio posters both have a superiority complex when it comes to their high school football. I know you guys take pride in your ball, but so does Ohio. Ohio is basically Texas north when it comes to high school football. It is just as much integrated in the communities as it is in Texas. It is not uncommon for a 15,000 population town to bring 7 or 8k to a big game. Many teams average over 15k for regular season games Many teams being what ? Like 3 or 4 maybe. Not being a smart-A to you but please. Really please. So called "Many teams in OHio" average 15K for their home games??. The top programs in Ohio can play right with the top teams in Texas and vice versa. Texas doesn't always have the best or better teams and neither does Ohio. Something that I've stated on here about 1,000 times concerning Texas. But I'm a Texas Homer of coarse..The difference between the two states is depth. Texas is over twice the size of Ohio population wise, so it makes darn good sense that Texas will have MORE good teams. The quality of players is no different and that can be supported by facts. Just look at NFL rosters and college teams. Texas fills college rosters all over the place. Well, so does Ohio. Ohio is the main recruiting ground for the entire Big Ten. Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Michigan State, etc...usually get their elite talent from Ohio. Same can be said for Oklahoma, Ok State, etc.. taking Texas players. Do you think Ohio State is loaded every year because the football in Ohio is just decent? OSU loses a lot of the top players in the state to the schools mentioned above, but still finds elite talent to be a perennial top 5-10 team. You'll take this as a shot I have no doubt about it but Texas puts out a Hell of alot more talent than Ohio. A Hell of alot more. The top 50 players in Ohio are on par with the top 100 from Texas.

5. In conclusion these games and posts prove nothing. Just be objective when looking at things and don't put the blinders on. Ya, no kidding that my point also. Like Colerain DOMINATED Tyler Lee. I think it's more like Colerain DOMINATED almost everyone else they played except Tyler LEe and St.Xavier in 2005. Dont give me they could of beaten Tyler Lee down by 30pts stuff. That's Blinders on. I will be the first to say that Texas high school football is the best in the country. That is one reason I get on this board. I respect it so much. However, I won't downgrade other states that I know play great ball such as Florida, Georgia and California. Like I said above...I think Ohio football is even with Texas quality wise, but the depth in my opinion make Texas the best I've said this a 1,000 times on here even back in the Concha days. It's totally amazing how people see what they want to see. Totally 100% amazing. Ohio may have 20 great teams in a given year and Texas may have 35-45 great teams. In high school a lot can change from year to year, so these games are fun and a slight gauge at best but they surely don't say which state is better. I've stated 1,000 times on here Buckeye. To really guage what State is better and has the best depth. You would have to take the top 50 teams from those States on say (Jan.1) and have them play #1 vs #1 , #2 vs #2, #3v #3 on down to #50 vs #50 and see how it all shakes out on a neutral field. Like I've said before, I think in this match up that most years Texas would do extremely well and win the majority of them depending on what State it is of coarse. We (Texas) would win some and we would lose some. But, I think we would win the most and that's against States like California, Ohio and Florida.

Respond in Black. I think some of this is hard core "spinning" and some of this is a 100% bold face flat "LIE."

Buckeye, nothing against you. I just think you did a good job of "spinning" here and a great job of putting some words into my mouth that I never said.

You might actually really try reading some of the things that I write before you just start putting words into my mouth. Just an idea.

Texasfrog
06-26-2007, 03:44 PM
1. If you are going to refer to Findlay as a terrible Ohio team then also refer to Tyler Lee as a terrible TX team in 05. The final records speak for themselves not the first two games.

2. I tend to side with TexasFrog and TGO most of the time. Some people, especially from other states, need to be set straight. I don't think TexasFrog stated that 100 TX teams are as good as Ohio's top 5 - that is insane. I could do without the excessive round and round debates though.

3. Concha does the same but always adds personal insults.

4. You can add Florida and Cali to that list too.
I believe that top teams from almost all states can compete with each other every year.

5. Your last statement is like wishing for world peace.

Thanks Ridge.. It's always good to see someone that clearly reads. Some of Buckeyes statements might be true to a point. I'm sure I told him not to make excuses for Findlay being bad while covertly hinting that Tyler Lee was this powerhouse Texas team.

Also, I dont ever recall saying that Texas has 100 teams to Ohio's 5. If I did ever say anything like that is pretty much to get Conchaloser blood pressure up and said totally in jest. But, I honestly dont recall ever saying that.

In fact I think I've stated about 1,000 times on here for a couple of years now that there is quality programs throughout the nation that can compete with some of Texas best. I've always clearly stated that Texas has the best quality depth and our competition level is the best.

Honestly most of his post is more "spinning" but it's something I'm totally getting used to on here. I responded anyway because some of what he see's I know is just a bold face "LIE."

Texasfrog
06-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Buckeye, let me ask you a question ok. Since this seems to be a major point of contention here. It's about me comparing the 2004 Colerain team and saying they were on par with the Top #15 Texas teams.

Now, you say that you've only seen 15 or so Texas games over the years right. I've only seen about 15 or so Ohio games over the years. Everyone one of those being either State Champion Games, Semi-finals games or games from the Kirk herbstreit Classic.

I have the 2005 Tyler Lee vs Colerain game on DVD. I also have the 2006 Texas High vs Findlay game on DVD. I also have the 2006 Lakeland vs St.Xavier game on DVD plus I have a copy of the 2006 D-1 State Title game Hillard vs Mentor. Plus about 8 other Ohio games on DVD going back to about 2001 and I've seen a few Ohio games on ESPN like Glenville.

I've never been to a HS game in Ohio but God Willing I well real soon and I'll make sure it's one of the stronger teams I see.

But, getting back to my original point about the 2004 Colerain team. I guess it's some kind of major put down saying they were on par with the Top #15 Texas teams. But, do you know that wouldnt be a fact ? Do you know that wouldnt be true ? Are you 100% positive that for sure that the 2004 Colerain team was clearly better than the top #15 Texas teams ? I'm just curious.

I just think it's funny how even today that seems to be a major insult.

pied
06-27-2007, 09:30 AM
But, getting back to my original point about the 2004 Colerain team. I guess it's some kind of major put down saying they were on par with the Top #15 Texas teams. But, do you know that wouldnt be a fact ? Do you know that wouldnt be true ? Are you 100% positive that for sure that the 2004 Colerain team was clearly better than the top #15 Texas teams ? I'm just curious.

I just think it's funny how even today that seems to be a major insult.

I think I know why most Ohio posters consider that an insult and will attempt to answer.

The '04 Colerain team dominated Ohio like no one has in recent memory. They did not just win, they just did not just go undefeated, they kicked everyone's butt, and did so in a very dominating fashion.

Many people around here consider the '03 GPNS team the best ever. To compare them to other great teams is considered heresy.

I thik most Texas HS fans find a large discrepany with the talent between the 1-5 ranked teams and the 11-15 ranked teams.

For example, in the final top 15 of '04 you had 3-3 loss teams and 5-2 loss teams. In that group you had SLC/Abilene/Lee at the top, but also in that top 15 you had SA O'Connor and a three loss Midland Lee(8-3), a first round playoff exit team in Irving MacArhtur(10-1) and second round exit Plano West.

http://www.texasfootballratings.com/2004OverallRanks(1-300).html

(If someone has better ratings, feel free to compare to these my guess is that you will find similar results.)

I realize some of these teams were salty, but would anyone compare SA O'Connor to '03 GPNS?

As far as comparing the McKinley game, you have to realize their playoff system is set up similar to Texas' in the regional set up. Most Texs fans would argue Trinity was better than Westlake, but they were forced to meet in the second round. Colerain faced better teams earlier in the tournament.

If we were showing a game to deomstrate the quality and depth of teams, we might show the SLC-Trinity game.

pied
06-27-2007, 09:33 AM
For what it's worth here is a link to my thoughts of the game when it happened. I was lucky to get to the game.

Can't copy the post, but here is the link.

http://texashsfootball.com/board/index.php?showtopic=17704

Texasfrog
06-27-2007, 10:35 AM
I think I know why most Ohio posters consider that an insult and will attempt to answer.

The '04 Colerain team dominated Ohio like no one has in recent memory. They did not just win, they just did not just go undefeated, they kicked everyone's butt, and did so in a very dominating fashion.

Many people around here consider the '03 GPNS team the best ever. To compare them to other great teams is considered heresy.

I thik most Texas HS fans find a large discrepany with the talent between the 1-5 ranked teams and the 11-15 ranked teams.

For example, in the final top 15 of '04 you had 3-3 loss teams and 5-2 loss teams. In that group you had SLC/Abilene/Lee at the top, but also in that top 15 you had SA O'Connor and a three loss Midland Lee(8-3), a first round playoff exit team in Irving MacArhtur(10-1) and second round exit Plano West.

http://www.texasfootballratings.com/2004OverallRanks(1-300).html

(If someone has better ratings, feel free to compare to these my guess is that you will find similar results.)

I realize some of these teams were salty, but would anyone compare SA O'Connor to '03 GPNS?

As far as comparing the McKinley game, you have to realize their playoff system is set up similar to Texas' in the regional set up. Most Texs fans would argue Trinity was better than Westlake, but they were forced to meet in the second round. Colerain faced better teams earlier in the tournament.

If we were showing a game to deomstrate the quality and depth of teams, we might show the SLC-Trinity game.

Wow Pied, I actually took you off the Ignore list to see what you said. I thought there would be a lot of cut & pasting sentences out of paragraphs to to "twist and spin" words that I wrote.

First, I think most people on here (Texans) do believe that on an average year the top #15 teams in Texas are pretty equal. SLC has had a few tough games in the past few years that were in that top #15 status.

I've also stated before that the #16-#50 in Texas arent just totally pushovers many Friday Nights. They will usually lose to a Top #15 team (in Texas) but many times it's a dog-fight for at least 30 minutes of the game.
Kind of like the Tyler Lee vs Colerain game. Anyone that watched that game and can say the Colerain clearly "DOMINATED THEM" and could of beaten them by 30 or 40 pts doesnt know football. Colerain had their 1st Team players in the entire game and were playing hard for at least 45 minutes out of a 48 minute game. They did slow down the last 3 or so minutes and probably could of scored at least 7 pts on Tyler Lee.

Next, when I compared the 2004 Colerain team to the Top #15 in Texas. I didnt realize that that Colerain was suppose to the most dominate team that ever has graced Ohio and apparently too many people from Ohio the most dominate HS team in World History.:rolleyes:

I watched them in the 2004 State Title game (Colerain vs McKinley) and my impression of them was they were about on par with many of the good Lufkin, Trinity, Katy, North Shore and ect teams. I just didnt see this overwhelming World dominance. I saw a very good team that would of been able to give the Top #15 team in Texas a bigtime game and they "WOULD WIN SOME AND THEY WOULD LOSE SOME."

When I said that (over 2 years ago) I really thought that was a good compliment until Conchaloser came along and started to put it down "Thus putting down Texas football" and then went into how SLC wouldnt stay on the field with the 2004 Colerain team for one half. That's when me and Conchloser started going at it. Again, the Tyler Lee game (Fireworks) where a total by product of him attacking and putting down Texas football.

On top of his comments about Texas HS teams dont play defense and about 10 other things. Go back and read the post from the start and you'll see that I originally stated that the 2004 Coleran team was good and it (Colerain vs Tyler Lee) should be a good game.

I even told Conchaloser from the start that Colerain would probably have a slight edge because of the homefield advantage. All he did was blast me and attack me through post saying that I was just making excuses for Texas football blah blah blah. Again, this was before the heavy fireworks between me and that loser got started.

after all that crap was when the "My dad is going to beat your dad up and mine is longer then yours blah blah blah stuff."

Also, I find it totally funny that over 2 years ago on some of my original post about Colerain. I said they were good (equal to a Top #15 Texas team) but that the McKinley team was pretty bad and we had Texas 4A's that could beat them (Which we did 100% no doubt). Well, even Conchaloser at least agreed that McKinley was bad,, even this Buckeye guy agrees McKinley was bad. But, someone my other opinion of Colerain being equal to several Texas teams is 100% totally wrong. Funny huh.

Also, in 2004 Colerain wasnt taking McKinley lightly. Colerain started the game with like 2 or 3 straight turnovers and were playing like total crap for most of the 1st Qt. Ya, they pulled away but it took them about 15 minutes to the the motor running against McKinley.

Against some of the top Texas programs in 2004 it would of been over right there. Again, the 2004 Colerain team was good and very salty. But, I know 100% that there were several Texas programs that would of given them everything they wanted and would of won some and would of lost some. They were good but not even close to the greatest team that I've ever seen.;)

Texasfrog
06-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Pied, not too get into a long debate with you. But, again I think most years the Top #15 in Texas can play with each other on almost any given Friday Night.

Here is 5ATexasfootball final 2006 rankings after the regular season.

1 Lufkin 10-0 W 41-13 vs Conroe Div. 1 Playoffs 1
2 Southlake Carroll 10-0 W 38-0 at Richland Div. 1 Playoffs 2
3 Euless Trinity 10-0 W 35-6 vs LD Bell Div. 1 Playoffs 3
4 Cedar Hill 10-0 W 21-14 vs Duncanville Div. 2 Playoffs 4
5 Katy 10-0 W 42-0 at Mayde Creek Div. 2 Playoffs 5
6 Spring Westfield 10-0 W 35-0 vs Spring Div. 1 Playoffs 6
7 North Shore 10-0 W 46-10 at South Houston Div. 1 Playoffs 7
8 A&M Consolidated 8-1 W 41-14 at Harker Heights Div. 1 Playoffs 8
9 Cy Fair 9-1 W 28-14 vs Cy Ridge Div. 1 Playoffs 9
10 Allen 9-1 W 22-17 at Plano East Div. 1 Playoffs 11
11 Smithson Valley 9-1 W 24-3 vs SA Churchill Div. 2 Playoffs 12
12 Plano East 8-2 L 22-17 vs Allen Div. 1 Playoffs 10
13 Leander 8-2 W 28-7 vs Cedar Park Div. 2 Playoffs 13
14 South Grand Prairie 9-1 W 35-14 at Dallas Jesuit Div. 1 Playoffs 14
15 Seguin 9-1 W 35-14 vs Austin Bowie Div. 1 Playoffs 15
16 Longview 8-2 W 30-9 vs Mesq. Horn Div. 2 Playoffs 17
17 SA MacArthur 8-2 W 35-14 vs SA Lee Div. 2 Playoffs 18
18 Lewisville Hebron 9-1 W 62-0 vs Carr. Turner Div. 2 Playoffs 19
19 Tyler Lee 8-2 W 14-9 vs Mesquite Div. 1 Playoffs 20
20 Cy Falls 7-3 W 30-13 vs Cy Springs Div. 2 Playoffs 23
21 SA Churchill 8-2 L 24-3 at Smithson Valley Div. 1 Playoffs 21
22 Katy Cinco Ranch 9-1 W 43-13 vs Hastings Div. 1 Playoffs 24
23 Austin Westlake 7-2 W 13-6 vs San Marcos Div. 1 Playoffs 25
24 Rockwall 8-2 W 54-7 at Sachse Div. 1 Playoffs NR
25 Garland 8-2 W 28-21 at North Garland Div. 2 Playoffs NR

First, Lufkin was #1 and they got "Blowout" by a Round Rock team that isnt even on the Top #25 Final list.

Cedar Hill is #4 on the list and they almost got beat by Garland (8-2) who is #25.

SLC is #2 on the list and they played againt #23 Austin Westlake (7-2) in the State Championship in a game that was tight for 3 1/2 QTs.

Many of the teams on the list that have losses (which is most of them). They lost to teams that are in the #26-#50 range in Texas. Again, it shows Texas depth.

On top of that we have about 7 to 8 Texas (4A) teams that would give most of the teams on this list a very scrappy game last year. Texas High, LaMarque, Waco, Alamo Heights, Copperas Cove, Frenship and a couple of others.

The years may change in Texas but it's still pretty much the same results year after year.

pied
06-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Pied, not too get into a long debate with you. But, again I think most years the Top #15 in Texas can play with each other on almost any given Friday Night.

Here is 5ATexasfootball final 2006 rankings after the regular season.

1 Lufkin 10-0 W 41-13 vs Conroe Div. 1 Playoffs 1
2 Southlake Carroll 10-0 W 38-0 at Richland Div. 1 Playoffs 2
3 Euless Trinity 10-0 W 35-6 vs LD Bell Div. 1 Playoffs 3
4 Cedar Hill 10-0 W 21-14 vs Duncanville Div. 2 Playoffs 4
5 Katy 10-0 W 42-0 at Mayde Creek Div. 2 Playoffs 5
6 Spring Westfield 10-0 W 35-0 vs Spring Div. 1 Playoffs 6
7 North Shore 10-0 W 46-10 at South Houston Div. 1 Playoffs 7
8 A&M Consolidated 8-1 W 41-14 at Harker Heights Div. 1 Playoffs 8
9 Cy Fair 9-1 W 28-14 vs Cy Ridge Div. 1 Playoffs 9
10 Allen 9-1 W 22-17 at Plano East Div. 1 Playoffs 11
11 Smithson Valley 9-1 W 24-3 vs SA Churchill Div. 2 Playoffs 12
12 Plano East 8-2 L 22-17 vs Allen Div. 1 Playoffs 10
13 Leander 8-2 W 28-7 vs Cedar Park Div. 2 Playoffs 13
14 South Grand Prairie 9-1 W 35-14 at Dallas Jesuit Div. 1 Playoffs 14
15 Seguin 9-1 W 35-14 vs Austin Bowie Div. 1 Playoffs 15
16 Longview 8-2 W 30-9 vs Mesq. Horn Div. 2 Playoffs 17
17 SA MacArthur 8-2 W 35-14 vs SA Lee Div. 2 Playoffs 18
18 Lewisville Hebron 9-1 W 62-0 vs Carr. Turner Div. 2 Playoffs 19
19 Tyler Lee 8-2 W 14-9 vs Mesquite Div. 1 Playoffs 20
20 Cy Falls 7-3 W 30-13 vs Cy Springs Div. 2 Playoffs 23
21 SA Churchill 8-2 L 24-3 at Smithson Valley Div. 1 Playoffs 21
22 Katy Cinco Ranch 9-1 W 43-13 vs Hastings Div. 1 Playoffs 24
23 Austin Westlake 7-2 W 13-6 vs San Marcos Div. 1 Playoffs 25
24 Rockwall 8-2 W 54-7 at Sachse Div. 1 Playoffs NR
25 Garland 8-2 W 28-21 at North Garland Div. 2 Playoffs NR

First, Lufkin was #1 and they got "Blowout" by a Round Rock team that isnt even on the Top #25 Final list.

Cedar Hill is #4 on the list and they almost got beat by Garland (8-2) who is #25.

SLC is #2 on the list and they played againt #23 Austin Westlake (7-2) in the State Championship in a game that was tight for 3 1/2 QTs.

The years may change in Texas but it's still pretty much the same results year after year.

I understand this and I belive you are missing the point.

The better comparison would be, "The '03 GPNS team was about on par with '06 Seguin team".

Do you agree or disagree with that statement?

Texasfrog
06-27-2007, 12:00 PM
I understand this and I belive you are missing the point.

The better comparison would be, "The '03 GPNS team was about on par with '06 Seguin team".

Do you agree or disagree with that statement?

I understand completely what your saying. Alot of people in Texas will say the 2003 North Shore team was the best in Texas history. I think they were a great team also and had the complete package almost everywhere.

Here is my point.. When I watched the 2004 Colerain vs McKinley Ohio State Title game. I didnt know that the Colerain team was suppose to the best team in Ohio history. I thought they were another good Ohio team. I hadnt followed their track record enough to know they were this once in a lifetime Ohio team until Conchaloser started shoving it down my face and also shoving it down my face that they would of beaten any team from Texas ever.

I watched them play and even watched them another time. I have the DVD. When I watched them I didnt see this "Oh my God this is the greatest team that has ever walked on the planet Earth." I saw a very good team that had some talented players. I think like 13 SR/JR's on that 2004 Colerain team went D-1A. So, they had talent. Hell, they had more D-1A kids then the 2003 North Shore team.

I tell you this.. What I saw in the 2004 Colerain team was "NO BETTER" than what I saw in this years Cedar Hill team. In fact I would say the 2006 Cedar Hill team and the 2004 Colerain team would be a good matchup and tough game if it could be played. They both had stiff defensives and big O-lines and very athletic QB's. But, again Cedar Hill had a couple of tough games this year didnt they (Desota and Garland) came a blink from beating them as good as they were. Desota and Garland both are low on that Final Texas #25 State ranking arent they and both those teams almost beat a damn good Cedar Hill team.

Did you see the 2004 Colerain team play ? Does you gut tell you they were any better than the 2006 Cedar Hill team ?

I still believe today. Over two years later that many of the Texas teams that I've seen over the last 8 years (Lufkin teams, North Shore , Westfield, 2004 Tyler Lee, Longview, Katy, SLC, Trinity and several others) were every bit as good as the 2004 Colerain team.

Now, I understand what your saying. That "OHIO PEOPLE" get all rilled up because some "suppose Texas HOMER" is saying that their Greatest team ever would be just another one of several good Texas teams from almost any season. But, I still feel today what I felt 2 years ago.

That is what Concha got his panties all round up over. He couldnt take some low-life Texas guy telling him that his mighty 2004 Colerain team was just another very good Texas team. That was just an major put-down beyond all belief and obviously I'm just a sick Texas Homer that doesnt know crap.

Also, that #15 Seguin team in 2006. They beat Austin Westlake about as bad as #1 SLC did.;) :D

Texasfrog
06-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Shoot Pied, 2006 Cedar Hill I promise you was just as good as the 2004 Colerain team and look at Cedar Hill.

They went (2OT) with DeSoto 40-37.

In the rematch they beat DeSoto 42-21.

They scrapped out a win against Duncanville 21-14

They scrapped out a win against Garland 31-24

The point being is that as good as Cedar Hill was in 2006. They almost lost to three teams (DeSoto, Duncanville and Garland) and two of those teams didnt even finish in the Final Texas top #25 after regular season.

So again, I think the top #15 Texas teams on almost any Friday Night can beat each other. The legit Top #15.

pied
06-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Here is my point.. When I watched the 2004 Colerain vs McKinley Ohio State Title game. I didnt know that the Colerain team was suppose to the best team in Ohio history. That's understandable I did not either. For the record they outgained McKinley 489-127 in total yards, and won 50-10.

I watched them play and even watched them another time. I have the DVD. When I watched them I didnt see this "Oh my God this is the greatest team that has ever walked on the planet Earth." I saw a very good team that had some talented players. I think like 13 SR/JR's on that 2004 Colerain team went D-1A. So, they had talent. Hell, they had more D-1A kids then the 2003 North Shore team.-They certainly were a talented bunch. They averaged 46 points and gave up less than 7 on average. The one time that year they gave up more than 14 was when they were leading 49-0 at half time.

I tell you this.. What I saw in the 2004 Colerain team was "NO BETTER" than what I saw in this years Cedar Hill team. In fact I would say the 2006 Cedar Hill team and the 2004 Colerain team would be a good matchup and tough game if it could be played. They both had stiff defensives and big O-lines and very athletic QB's. But, again Cedar Hill had a couple of tough games this year didnt they (Desota and Garland) came a blink from beating them as good as they were. Desota and Garland both are low on that Final Texas #25 State ranking arent they and both those teams almost beat a damn good Cedar Hill team.-Colerain gave up only two more points all year(98) than Cedar Hill did in those four games(96).

Did you see the 2004 Colerain team play ? Does you gut tell you they were any better than the 2006 Cedar Hill team ? -I did see some of the final. I would love to have seen this matchup. Haven't given it much thought. Calling Cedar Hill's defense stiff in comparison to Colerain's seems a stretch when they gave up almot three times as many points, including 11 games of giving up 14+ points compared to 2 for Colerain.

Now, I understand what your saying. That "OHIO PEOPLE" get all rilled up because some "suppose Texas HOMER" is saying that their Greatest team ever would be just another one of several good Texas teams from almost any season. But, I still feel today what I felt 2 years ago.-

That is what Concha got his panties all round up over. He couldnt take some low-life Texas guy telling him that his mighty 2004 Colerain team was just another very good Texas team. That was just an major put-down beyond all belief and obviously I'm just a sick Texas Homer that doesnt know crap.-That's fine, but my guess is you'd find many here that wuld laugh at you comparing '03 GPNS to '06 Seguin even if they beat the Chaps.

Also, that #15 Seguin team in 2006. They beat Austin Westlake about as bad as #1 SLC did.;) :D

here you go.

Texasfrog
06-27-2007, 12:55 PM
here you go.

Did you ever think that maybe the competition that Colerain was going against just wasnt that stiff ? Maybe that's why Colerain could blow out everyone they played almost 45-7 or a score like that.

I mean if that's the case then maybe Texas High (4A) is really much better than I thought because they went up to Ohio and beat an Ohio (5A) where the score could of been like 70-7 if they wanted it. Plus, Texas High wasnt even the best (4A) in Texas.

Tyler Lee went (4-6) and they gave the 2005 Colerain team probably the 2nd toughest opponent all year next to the OHio State Champs (St. Xavier).

I just dont think their "COMPETITION LEVEL" is on the same par as Texas. Now, Piedy make sure your listenign correctly. I said their competition level is weaker. Do they have a few teams from year to year that can come play and give some of the best in Texas a stiff game ? "YES.." Do they have the same competition as a State than what we have in Texas ? "NO." Really not even close..

I think your defeating yourself bigtime. So, what your saying is the 2006 Cedar Hill team really wasnt that good ? I mean they were good but not really that good because Colerain "IN OHIO Against other OHIO team" had a much more impressive score spread against their opponents.

I bet my Left-n... right now that the 2006 Cedar Hill team could of played those exact same 2004 Ohio team and had almost the same point spread of victory as the 2004 Colerain team.

Next.. your spinning & twisting again. Show me where I said the 2006 #15 Sequin is equal to the 2004 North Shore team ????:rolleyes:

I said "MOST YEARS" in Texas the Top #15 can play with each other and give each other a tough game on almost any Friday Night. You totally avoid the obvious examples that I clearly show you and I could do the same every year. Your hung up on the 2003 North Shore team.

pied
06-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Did you ever think that maybe the competition that Colerain was going against just wasnt that stiff ? Maybe that's why Colerain could blow out everyone they played almost 45-7 or a score like tha

I mean if that's the case then maybe Texas High (4A) is really much better than I thought because they went up to Ohio and beat an Ohio (5A) where the score could of been like 70-7 if they wanted it. Plus, Texas High wasnt even the best (4A) in Texas.

Tyler Lee went (4-6) and they gave the 2005 Colerain team probably the 2nd toughest opponent all year next to the OHio State Champs (St. Xavier).

I just dont think their "COMPETITION LEVEL" is on the same par as Texas. Now, Piedy make sure your listenign correctly. I said their competition level is weaker. Do they have a few teams from year to year that can come play and give some of the best in Texas a stiff game ? "YES.." Do they have the same competition as a State than what we have in Texas ? "NO." Really not even close..

I think your defeating yourself bigtime. So, what your saying is the 2006 Cedar Hill team really wasnt that good ? I mean they were good but not really that good because Colerain "IN OHIO Against other OHIO team" had a much more impressive score spread against their opponents.

I bet my Left-n... right now that the 2006 Cedar Hill team could of played those exact same 2004 Ohio team and had almost the same point spread of victory as the 2004 Colerain team.

Next.. your spinning & twisting again. Show me where I said the 2006 #15 Sequin is equal to the 2004 North Shore team ????:rolleyes:

I said "MOST YEARS" in Texas the Top #15 can play with each other and give each other a tough game on almost any Friday Night. You totally avoid the obvious examples that I clearly show you and I could do the same every year. Your hung up on the 2003 North Shore team.

I understand I think. The reason I pointed out the '03 GPNS team is because many posters around here think of them sa being the best ever and basically untouchable the same way many in Ohio feel about '04 Colerain.

Think about this, the Cardinals gave up 98 points in 15 games. In those games they gave up a totla of six first half points in the regular season. That's not an average, that is two field goals over ten weeks. To same the games were over by half time is a joke.

In their five playoff games they gave up two more TD's and three FG's. That's it. 22 points, total.

I am not saying that the competition level is the same, but do feel that it is closer than you think.

farmerfan
06-27-2007, 02:05 PM
I understand I think. The reason I pointed out the '03 GPNS team is because many posters around here think of them sa being the best ever and basically untouchable the same way many in Ohio feel about '04 Colerain.

Think about this, the Cardinals gave up 98 points in 15 games. In those games they gave up a totla of six first half points in the regular season. That's not an average, that is two field goals over ten weeks. To same the games were over by half time is a joke.

In their five playoff games they gave up two more TD's and three FG's. That's it. 22 points, total.

I am not saying that the competition level is the same, but do feel that it is closer than you think.

One thing I will also point out about the 03 North Shore squad is many colud say the same thing about their competition as someone wants to say that Colerain faced. North Shore had a very easy regular season and played in a very weak district, however that does not nor should not stop people from saying how great they were. I too find it hard to believe that there were 15 teams in Texas during 2004 that could have played down for down with Colerain. Outside of Carroll, SV, Lufkin and Abilene and possibly Tyler Lee and Westfield I'm just not seeing it.

bleedgreen
06-27-2007, 02:07 PM
tyler lee will win this game.....so my crystal ball has shown me...........

Texasfrog
06-27-2007, 02:20 PM

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. I dont think their compeition level is the same. That 2004 McKinley team that Colerain played against in the State Title game was at best a (5-5) caliber Texas 5A in a tough district or a (7-3) caliber Texas 4A.

It was pathetic that they were even in the State Title game in 2004 against Colerain. Even last years Cy Falls team that got blown out by Cedar Hill would of beaten that McKinley team by 25 pts. That Mckinley team was at best on the same par with the 2005 Tyler Lee team and that's even a "IF" (IMO).

I understand that you want to compare the 2004 Colerain team to the 2003 North Shore team and use that as the analogy to why someone from Ohio would get upset if someone said, "ya, that 2004 Colerain team would of been right on par with about the top #15 Texas teams."

Which I still too this day totally think is 100% true. I dont think they were any better then the top #15 teams in Texas in 2004. I think 2004 teams like Tyler Lee, Spring Westfield, SLC, SV, Longview, Lufkin, Trinity and about 7 other teams in Texas in 2004 would of played with them "down for down" and the Texas teams would of won some and would of lost some against the 2004 Colerain team.

Now, I'm going to ask you again. because your trying to compare "Stats" between States which I dont think you can really do. Are you telling me that the 2004 Colerain team was better than the 2006 Cedar Hill team because Cedar Hill had some tough games and Colerain dominated everyone they played in 2004 ?

You put the 2004 Colerain team vs 2006 Cedar Hill team.. who wins ? Even though you clearly stated you saw just part of the Colerain State Title game and your making 90% of your judgement off of stats.. Who wins?

SLC93
06-27-2007, 02:24 PM
One thing I will also point out about the 03 North Shore squad is many colud say the same thing about their competition as someone wants to say that Colerain faced. North Shore had a very easy regular season and played in a very weak district, however that does not nor should not stop people from saying how great they were. I too find it hard to believe that there were 15 teams in Texas during 2004 that could have played down for down with Colerain. Outside of Carroll, SV, Lufkin and Abilene and possibly Tyler Lee and Westfield I'm just not seeing it.

To be honest, I've always felt that the schedule NS played is one of the biggest reasons they consistently bowed out earlier in the playoffs than their talent would indicate. There have been alot of years they weren't even pushed til the second or third round & alot of those years they folded the first time they were pushed. Not saying that their schedule is weak on purpose because we're all at the mercy of the UIL when it comes to districting.

pied
06-27-2007, 02:57 PM
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. -Probably true.

I understand that you want to compare the 2004 Colerain team to the 2003 North Shore team and use that as the analogy to why someone from Ohio would get upset if someone said, "ya, that 2004 Colerain team would of been right on par with about the top #15 Texas teams."-That's really all I am trying to point out.

Now, I'm going to ask you again. because your trying to compare "Stats" between States which I dont think you can really do. Are you telling me that the 2004 Colerain team was better than the 2006 Cedar Hill team because Cedar Hill had some tough games and Colerain dominated everyone they played in 2004 ?-No I am not trying to make a statement like that at all. To do so would be purley speculative. Make for fun at times, but I am not trying to make that point.

You put the 2004 Colerain team vs 2006 Cedar Hill team.. who wins? I'll have to think about that one. Even though you clearly stated you saw just part of the Colerain State Title game and your making 90% of your judgement off of stats.. wow.

nm

farmerfan
06-27-2007, 03:07 PM
To be honest, I've always felt that the schedule NS played is one of the biggest reasons they consistently bowed out earlier in the playoffs than their talent would indicate. There have been alot of years they weren't even pushed til the second or third round & alot of those years they folded the first time they were pushed. Not saying that their schedule is weak on purpose because we're all at the mercy of the UIL when it comes to districting.

You are correct. 2003 was no exception either. As great as Shore was in 03 and they were and are one of the 2 best should we take away from their greatness due to that schedule? Thats what one person wants to do when looking at one of the best from another traditionally strong football state but wont do it here. Umm something spells agenda to me :D

pied
06-27-2007, 03:17 PM
You are correct. 2003 was no exception either. As great as Shore was in 03 and they were and are one of the 2 best should we take away from their greatness due to that schedule? Thats what one person wants to do when looking at one of the best from another traditionally strong football state but wont do it here. Umm something spells agenda to me :D

I honestly do not know much about their schedule. I do know that Ohio is a top fotball state, somewhere in the top 5 by anyone's definition I think.

When you are talking about a team that gave up one field goal in the first quarter, and one field goal in the second quarter in ten regular season games, you asre talking some rarified air there I think. Only team, I'd put up statistically would be '83 Daingerfield right?

pied
06-27-2007, 03:18 PM
You put the 2004 Colerain team vs 2006 Cedar Hill team.. who wins ? Even though you clearly stated you saw just part of the Colerain State Title game and your making 90% of your judgement off of stats.. Who wins?

Still trying here. Trying to get the right frame of reference.

Who is better '03 GPNS ro '06 Cedar Hill and by how much?

farmerfan
06-27-2007, 03:20 PM
I honestly do not know much about their schedule. I do know that Ohio is a top fotball state, somewhere in the top 5 by anyone's definition I think.

When you are talking about a team that gave up one field goal in the first quarter, and one field goal in the second quarter in ten regular season games, you asre talking some rarified air there I think. Only team, I'd put up statistically would be '83 Daingerfield right?

83 D'Field is the measuring point for any team in any state. I do believe the the 2003 North Shore defense put up similar numbers to Colerain in their first half stats. KT2000 knows exactly how many they gave up. The 04 Colerain defense was lights out, one of the best I have ever seen and I have a hard time thinking teams like Plano West, I-Mac, Denton Ryan, Trinity, Clear Lake ad even Katy would have been able to keep up with Colerain that year. JMO.

SGP 06 Alumni
06-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Wow I thought SLC vs. MNW was the only state vs. state game this year. This is awesome that we get to show the nation that Texas HS Football IS the best! If we can beat Ohio and Florida this will show the nation what we truly are all about. Represent us well Tyler Lee and show them what TEXAS football players can really do!!

farmerfan
06-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Wow I thought SLC vs. MNW was the only state vs. state game this year. This is awesome that we get to show the nation that Texas HS Football IS the best! If we can beat Ohio and Florida this will show the nation what we truly are all about. Represent us well Tyler Lee and show them what TEXAS football players can really do!!

Hey man, this is a thread brought back up from debates stemming from TF and others myself included to show us he isn't a bad guy and an attempt to show that he doesnt bad mouth football from other states. This game was from 2 years ago and is not happening this year.
Dont feel bad you're like the 3rd person to think this. :D

SGP 06 Alumni
06-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Hey man, this is a thread brought back up from debates stemming from TF and others myself included to show us he isn't a bad guy and an attempt to show that he doesnt bad mouth football from other states. This game was from 2 years ago and is not happening this year.
Dont feel bad you're like the 3rd person to think this. :D

hahaha ok wow....i feel like a ******...lol:o :p

Texasfrog
06-28-2007, 05:09 AM
Still trying here. Trying to get the right frame of reference.

Who is better '03 GPNS ro '06 Cedar Hill and by how much?

Pied, I honestly dont know. I got to watch the 2003 North Shore team "IN PERSON" against Clear Lake when they played in Pasadena in the 1st round of the playoffs. I left for Miami-Dade like 2 days later and got to watch Carol City (2003 State Champs) like twice in the playoff "LIVE" that same year.

I'll tell you that the 2003 North Shore team that I saw "LIVE" and the "2003" Carol City team that I saw "LIVE." North Shore would of crushed them and it wouldnt of been really that close. That was the 2003 Tx 5A Champs and the 2003 Fl 6A Champs.

Now, getting back to your question about 2003 North Shore vs 2006 Cedar Hill and who wins. I think it would be a 50-50 game. Both teams had outstanding defensives, powerful O-lines, stout RB's and very gifted QB's (Reid and Cole). Nobody can say would win between those two Texas teams but my gut feeling tells me that it would be a battle and a score like (28-21) either way is reasonable to predict.

Just because Cedar Hill had some tougher games in 2006 doesnt mean the 2003 North Shore team was better. It just means Cedar Hill played against tougher competition and was challenged a few times against some teams that brought their "A-game" on that weekend.

There was another 5A team in Houston that year (2003) that won State (Katy) and due to the system in place 2003 North Shore and Katy never meet on the playing field. I think that would of been a good game. I think the 2003 SLC team would of given North Shore a test. I think there was maybe 2 other teams that year that would of given the 2003 North Shore team a stiff challenge.

I'll agree with you on one thing Pied. The 2003 North Shore team probably didnt have 15 teams in Texas that could compete against them that year. But, I bet there was 6 or 7 teams across the State in 2003 that would of challenged them for 4 QT's and kept in a tight game. That year (2003) was one of the rare exceptions.

Again, Most years in Texas the top #15 teams can compete with each other on almost any Friday Night and a play there or here can win or lose the game.
I'll also say the next (#16-#50) in Texas aint that shabby either and can pull upsets of many of those (#1-#15) if their on their "A-game" and one of those Texas elite is having a shaky game.

In most States across America. You take their #25 team and play them against their States #1 or #2 team it's going to be a blowout like (50-10) almost 100% of the time.

Again for like the 100th time. Some of y'all are saying that I'm knocking Ohio or Florida or Louisiana or whoever. I'm not !! I'm saying that in Texas we have much stronger "Depth" with quality teams and our overall competition is stronger from week to week throughout the State.

I think Ohio is a good HS football State. I dont think I ever said they werent. I just dont agree that they have 30 or 40 teams on par with the Texas Top 30 or 40.

I think Ohio on an average year has like 6 or 7 so called "elite teams" where in Texas we'll have #15 (Top Texas #15) that are on the same plane most years. I think Ohio has another (#8-#25) very good teams where Texas has another (#16-#50) of similiar equal ability.

Basically for the most part you can double Texas numbers over the Ohio numbers. Almost everything clearly points and indicates that also and the 2005 Colerain vs Tyler Lee game and the 2006 Texas High (4A) vs Findlay game do nothing but further show that when it's all said & done.

Again, not knocking Ohio even tough some will take it that way because too them Ohio is every bit as tough "up and down the line" at Texas is. But, I dont see that in any way or shape.

It's also not a knock on the 2004 Colerain team. They were good but I'll still say that there was several teams in Texas in 2004 that could of given them a game and it would of been (50-50) either way even though the 2004 Colerain team is apparently the best HS Team that has ever walked the planet Earth.:rolleyes: ;)

Just like many from Florida are saying and predicting that this 2007 MNW team is going to be the best that has ever graced Florida and the planet "right." Which we will see. The Florida people are saying the exact same stuff about the 2007 MNW team as the Ohio people were saying about the 2004 Colerain team. My gut feeling tells me that MNW is going to find out how tough SLC is and then they will go back to Florida (Miami-Dade) and proceed to "BLOWOUT" everyone they play against in Florida to the tune of like 50-14 most games while SLC finds themselves in a few scrappy games here in Texas.

I know I bounced around some in this post. But again to answer your question one last time. 2003 North Shore vs 2006 Cedar Hill ? That would of been a dog-fight game that would of been probably a 48 minute battle that would of been (28-21) type of score either way (IMO). Both teams really when it's all said and done are almost mirror images of each other.

farmerfan
06-28-2007, 10:15 AM
I liked the 2006 Cedar Hill team, I saw them play quite a bit last year including their so called coming out game at the Woodshed when they crushed Hebron. They were very talented but for anyone to suggest that them and North Shore were mirror images of each other is ludicrous. For anyone to say that in 03 Katy could have played down for down with Shore is ludicrous. For anyone to say that the state of Texas had 6-7 teams that could have played down for down with Shore is ludicrous. The Woodlands a team regarded as the number 2 team in the state was never in the game against Shore. Don't let the score fool you either. That game was never really close. In fact Shore did not have a game all year that was close. That same Woodlands team that they comfortably defeated in the state title game defeated a previous unbeaten Arlington Lamar team the previous week in the state semis by double digits, granted Lamar was without their starting QB, they were still undefeated. Most felt that the two best teams in Houston that year were The Woodlands and Shore.
I bet that Frog never saw CH live and in person and is just judging them based on one game. But wait I forgot he is the only one that can do that when judging states and teams.
We also understand that there is more quality depth in Texas, that should be expected when we have a population of 23 million people and more kids participating in HS football than any other state and with that will come more quality teams. Nobody has ever disputed that. But every once in a blue moon there will be a team from one of those smaller "other" states that might be better than what we produce.
I find it insulting to Colerain a great option team that played incredible defense to suggest there were 15 teams in Texas that could have played with them that year. It may sound like I have no state pride by saying that; it's just the truth. Outside of Carroll, SV, Lufkin, Abilene, Longview and maybe Tyler Lee and Westfield there would not have been another team in this state who could have given Colerain a tough game. Not Midland, not Ryan, not Plano West, not Trinity, not Katy, not Clear Lake and the list goes on.

pied
06-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Again for like the 100th time. Some of y'all are saying that I'm knocking Ohio or Florida or Louisiana or whoever. I'm not !!

From today's work alone.

North Shore would of crushed them and it wouldnt of been really that close. That was the 2003 Tx 5A Champs and the 2003 Fl 6A Champs.

They were good but I'll still say that there was several teams in Texas in 2004 that could of given them a game and it would of been (50-50) either way even though the 2004 Colerain team is apparently the best HS Team that has ever walked the planet Earth.

Just like many from Florida are saying and predicting that this 2007 MNW team is going to be the best that has ever graced Florida and the planet "right."

My best friend coaches HS football in Bama. He has met Coach Propst several times at Camps and ect and will be the first to tell you the guy is a first class Arse.

Hey Mojo, we all know that Louisiana Private schools dont recruit. We all know those kids are just showing up so they can get better at chemistry and biology. I'm also sure those kids dont get any financial perks for coming to places like John Curtis, ECA , Shaw and about 6 other Louisiana Private schools.

You have taken jabs at four states, or people in them just this morning. I know, I know it's just your opinion.

It just strikes me as though you have some opinions about other states. You keep saying I am wrong, but I keep reading your posts.....

Texasfrog
06-28-2007, 06:31 PM
No Pied, only a couple are my opinions. The rest are pretty much a fact.

(IMO) from watching both teams "LIVE" about 3 weeks apart. I would say that 2003 North Shore team would of beaten the 2003 Carol City team without many problems. First, the Carol City's offense was pathetic. North Shore would of shut them down without "ONE Problem." I feel about 100% confident in saying that. Still my opinion but I strongly feel that way.

Carol Cities Defense was their strength. I think (My opinion) that North Shores offense with that O-line they had and Robert Reid and the other North Shore power running backs. They would of moved the ball on Carol Cities defense.

You want to say that I'm knocking Carol City that fine. They were very undisicpline themselves as a team and their offense was pathetic. In fact I would say that the 2003 Clear Lake team offense that North Shore shut down was better then Carol Cities offense in 2003.

Again, I dont think Carol City was the best team in Florida that year either. I think there was a handful of lower division schools in Florida 5A, 4A and 3A that were better than that Carol City team even though they won Florida 6A football.

Next, I do feel like many from Ohio feel that the 2004 Colerain team was the best team that ever graced Ohio and obviously it's some type of major insult to compare that team with some of the best from Texas that year. So, again that team (2004 Colerain) must be the best HS team that there has ever been.

Next, on Hoover's Coach Propst being an Arse. Trust me that's not just my opinion there. I think many people share that one. But, that is right from my buddies mouth who is a HS Coach in Alabama. I'm just repeating his words for the most part. So go tell my buddy that he is being a jerk against one of his own State HS coaches ok.

What else.. Oh ya. Ya, I think many of the Florida people themselves have pretty much stated that this 2007 MNW team may be the best HS team in Florida history right. Thus, I'm certain that makes them the best HS team ever if you ask them. I know there is a few from Florida that are reasonable but go to a few other sites and see how much reason you encounter ok.

Oh ya, you think I'm also putting down a program because I say that "financial aid" gives some programs an advantage ? If football player "A" shows up to Private school "A" and the only way little "stud player" can really get into the Private school is with "financial aid" thus making it an athletic scholarship and you say that I'm putting down other States.. "HuuuuuH."

I would say the same damn thing if that was happening in Texas dude. It's just pretty obvious that places like DLS, Curtis, Brentwood, Chaminade to name just a few have done it and will do it. You think I'm lying when I say that I work with guys that went to DLS and grew up outside of Brentwood, Tn but I'm not. Both dudes have told me straight up that DLS recruits and Brentwood recruits players. One guy is a freaking DLS graduate that was an athlete there. I dont think he would BS me because he is a straight shooting dude and the my friend from Brentwood,Tn is also.

Again, you think I'm putting down other States and I think overall I'm pretty damn respectful for other States. In fact I think I'm more respectful for other States then many others on here.

Do I think Texas is the deepest football State with the greatest number of quality teams? "YES, I do." But, that doesnt mean that I dont think there isnt many other good teams out there across America.

Again... the 2003 Carol City team. They were more "HYPE" than actually being really good. Again, their offense was a "JOKE" and I know that's not Politically correct like you want it to be but that's the honest truth. North Shore would of shut them down without any issues at all. I can pretty much bet you "MY LIFE" on that. In fact I'm pretty certain that the 2003 Carol City team wouldnt of scored anything against the 2003 North Shore team.

steeler 01
06-28-2007, 07:43 PM

(IMO) from watching both teams "LIVE" about 3 weeks apart. I would say that 2003 North Shore team would of beaten the 2003 Carol City team without many problems. First, the Carol City's offense was pathetic. North Shore would of shut them down without "ONE Problem." I feel about 100% confident in saying that. Still my opinion but I strongly feel that way.

Carol Cities Defense was their strength. I think (My opinion) that North Shores offense with that O-line they had and Robert Reid and the other North Shore power running backs. They would of moved the ball on Carol Cities defense.

You want to say that I'm knocking Carol City that fine. They were very undisicpline themselves as a team and their offense was pathetic. In fact I would say that the 2003 Clear Lake team offense that North Shore shut down was better then Carol Cities offense in 2003.

Again, I dont think Carol City was the best team in Florida that year either. I think there was a handful of lower division schools in Florida 5A, 4A and 3A that were better than that Carol City team even though they won Florida 6A football.

Next, I do feel like many from Ohio feel that the 2004 Colerain team was the best team that ever graced Ohio and obviously it's some type of major insult to compare that team with some of the best from Texas that year. So, again that team (2004 Colerain) must be the best HS team that there has ever been.

Next, on Hoover's Coach Propst being an Arse. Trust me that's not just my opinion there. I think many people share that one. But, that is right from my buddies mouth who is a HS Coach in Alabama. I'm just repeating his words for the most part. So go tell my buddy that he is being a jerk against one of his own State HS coaches ok.

What else.. Oh ya. Ya, I think many of the Florida people themselves have pretty much stated that this 2007 MNW team may be the best HS team in Florida history right. Thus, I'm certain that makes them the best HS team ever if you ask them. I know there is a few from Florida that are reasonable but go to a few other sites and see how much reason you encounter ok.

Oh ya, you think I'm also putting down a program because I say that "financial aid" gives some programs an advantage ? If football player "A" shows up to Private school "A" and the only way little "stud player" can really get into the Private school is with "financial aid" thus making it an athletic scholarship and you say that I'm putting down other States.. "HuuuuuH."

I would say the same damn thing if that was happening in Texas dude. It's just pretty obvious that places like DLS, Curtis, Brentwood, Chaminade to name just a few have done it and will do it. You think I'm lying when I say that I work with guys that went to DLS and grew up outside of Brentwood, Tn but I'm not. Both dudes have told me straight up that DLS recruits and Brentwood recruits players. One guy is a freaking DLS graduate that was an athlete there. I dont think he would BS me because he is a straight shooting dude and the my friend from Brentwood,Tn is also.

Again, you think I'm putting down other States and I think overall I'm pretty damn respectful for other States. In fact I think I'm more respectful for other States then many others on here.

Do I think Texas is the deepest football State with the greatest number of quality teams? "YES, I do." But, that doesnt mean that I dont think there isnt many other good teams out there across America.

Again... the 2003 Carol City team. They were more "HYPE" than actually being really good. Again, their offense was a "JOKE" and I know that's not Politically correct like you want it to be but that's the honest truth. North Shore would of shut them down without any issues at all. I can pretty much bet you "MY LIFE" on that. In fact I'm pretty certain that the 2003 Carol City team wouldnt of scored anything against the 2003 North Shore team.

name the dls graduate who told you they recruit.

farmerfan
06-28-2007, 07:46 PM

:eek: :eek:

Texasfrog
06-29-2007, 03:47 AM
name the dls graduate who told you they recruit.

Ya, I'm going to name a friend of mine that graduated from DLS on here. Good idea. ;)

Listen Steeler, if you want to try to tell me that DLS doesnt recruit. Have at it and give it your best shot. I'll believe a good friend of mine that is a DLS graduate and was also an athlete there (didnt play football) but knows many of the players and flatly told me they "recruit."

I'm totally 100% sure that you have a whole different definition than me when it comes to the word recruiting.;)

But again, I'm sure that I'm lying and totally making all this up just because it sound good. I'm sure of that.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know Steeler, they have a very tight "Attendance Zone" also and all those kid live right around the school too.

You know Steeler.. Give it your best "spin and twist" but I'll believe 100% what my friend who is a DLS graduate told me "OK" and "NO" I wont mention anyone's name on here unless he is a HS football player and he's name is already on many Open sites to the public through the internet services.

But again, it really doesnt matter does it because I'm 100% sure that I'm totally "LYING" or at least that's how your going to spin it.

pied
06-29-2007, 08:59 AM

(IMO) from watching both teams "LIVE" about 3 weeks apart. I would say that 2003 North Shore team would of beaten the 2003 Carol City team without many problems.

Next, I do feel like many from Ohio feel that the 2004 Colerain team was the best team that ever graced Ohio and obviously it's some type of major insult to compare that team with some of the best from Texas that year.

Next, on Hoover's Coach Propst being an Arse. Trust me that's not just my opinion there. I think many people share that one.

What else.. Oh ya. Ya, I think many of the Florida people themselves have pretty much stated that this 2007 MNW team may be the best HS team in Florida history right.

Oh ya, you think I'm also putting down a program because I say that "financial aid" gives some programs an advantage ? ......... It's just pretty obvious that places like DLS, Curtis, Brentwood, Chaminade to name just a few have done it and will do it.

You state things as fact and go on to use the terms (In My Opinion), I do feel like, not just my opinion, many people share..., I think, It's pretty obvious.

I share some of these opinions, but do understand they are my opinions.

jkok7
06-29-2007, 05:36 PM

I don't understand why everybody's talkin bout a game that occured 2 years ago? I'm confused half of this quote is talkin about a game that will occur in about two months and the other half is talkin bout the 2005 Herbie game! Someone help me.:confused:

Texasfrog
06-29-2007, 08:33 PM
You state things as fact and go on to use the terms (In My Opinion), I do feel like, not just my opinion, many people share..., I think, It's pretty obvious.

I share some of these opinions, but do understand they are my opinions.

Do I think 2003 North Shore would of beaten the 2003 Carol City team ? "YES" and that's my opinion. I was lucky enough to probably be the only guy to see both play "live that year" except maybe some Univ-Miami Scouts and (IMO) North Shore doesnt just win that game. They pretty much dominate that game. I think Carol City would of been lucky to get freaking 100 yds offense against that North Shore team of 2003.

Colerain being the best team ever on planet Earth.. Yes, that's me hyping it up but many Ohio people have pretty much given their opinions that the 2004 Colerain team might be the best ever from the State of Ohio. At least in the last 20 years.

When I watched the 2004 Colerain team against McKinley. Two things came to me. McKinley wasnt very good overall for a so called "State Title Opponent team" and Colerain was very salty and on par with several of the Texas elite teams of 2004. I'll still say that Texas teams of 2004 (SLC, Lufkin, SV, Katy, Tyler Lee and Westfield) were every bit as good as the 2004 Colerain team. Again.... (IMO) !!;)

Now, on Coach Propst being a total ????!! That's a FACT.:D :D I also think that's an opinion shared by many and not just me. But, from what I've seen over the years from the dude and especially from what my "BEST FRIEND" has told me many times over the YEARS about the dude. He is without a doubt a EGO-MANIAC first Class "ARSE."