PDA

View Full Version : New posters poll

wide-e-wide
12-17-2005, 10:13 PM
Yes...wide is starting a poll. I have now officially become a message board geek.
Just curious what you guys think about this...
Of the eleventy billion new posters that have joined since the playoffs started...or late in the season...what percentage will actually be here this time next month?

Packattack94
12-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Yes...wide is starting a poll. I have now officially become a message board geek.

Well you are a good guy,so admittance IS the first step in recovery!

SeguinMatadors
12-17-2005, 10:36 PM
I joined in like week 3 of the season and will be here..

Sacred Ground
12-17-2005, 11:36 PM
47 people have joined this forum since Monday 12-12-05. That's when I joined. wide-e-wide pulled me in, its his fault. By the way wide2 I don't hate the cowboys anymore, I just feel sorry for them, (but that's a whole nother tread). I've been a regular reader of this forum for 2 football seasons, but always talked myself out of joining, but now i'm here. You won't find me in the Main Statewide Board much, (I think it is a confusing mess with to much trash talking) but you will find me on the NFL, College, and Off-Topic Discussion boards. That's where my knowledge is. Another thing I don't like about the Main Statewide board is all the misguided ill-informed information being past around. To much of it is based on here-say. I've notice that when I post a news article about the subject being discussed the thread stops or takes an abrupt turn to another subject. Maybe some posters don't want the truth. I also think some posters should have to take a common sense test before they can start a thread. Anyway, I voted that less than 10% would be around in 1 month.

Sacred Ground
12-17-2005, 11:47 PM
make that 48 people. 1 more joined while I was typing and submitting the previous thread. That makes 2042 members on 12-17-05. It will probably slow down now that the high school football season has officially ended.

dragons08
12-18-2005, 12:09 AM
i wont be here..

just kidding!

mad_fan
12-18-2005, 05:43 AM
:rolleyes: Being an OLD poster, I know that Wide would be all over me if I responded. So I didn't even read the question.

Wide, you got one of them things to protect your shirt pocket yet?:p

wide-e-wide
12-18-2005, 09:38 AM
:rolleyes: Being an OLD poster, I know that Wide would be all over me if I responded. So I didn't even read the question.

Wide, you got one of them things to protect your shirt pocket yet?:p

Not yet...but I do count the threads and give them each my own little title. This is one is called super-duper poll #4343234AJ5...I file them not in alphabetical order...but rather in order of which letter the 4th poster's name begins with. It's a complex system...but I have to do it or they will revoke my membership.

lonny23
12-18-2005, 12:22 PM
i wont be here..

just kidding!
Too bad you're not!:p

dragons08
12-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Too bad you're not!:p
one day, i wont post at all, and you'll be bored out of your mind!! it'll be the most dull day ever on this board, it be like in the middle of the week, and everyone will be busy but you! then we'll see whos got the last laugh!:D

lonny23
12-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Of the eleventy billion new posters that have joined since the playoffs started...or late in the season...what percentage will actually be here this time next month?
I'm voting less than 10%. Here's what my numbers say:

We have over 2000 posters, but I only see joined dates for about 1600.

Look when people joined.

April 250 and I was on Page 6 because the board didn't transfer over for a while for me. I think LPMOM was the only Hall of Famer to join after me.
May 63
June 86
July 68
August 193 (73 after the first game) They're posting because the games are coming.
September 205
October 217
November 376 (330 after the last regular season game)
December 184

Over 500 have joined since the playoffs started and over 1000 since the season started. Considering we had a little over 400 before August, I'd have to say a lot of people are about to disappear. I didn't realize we went all summer with that small amount of people.

lonny23
12-18-2005, 12:47 PM
one day, i wont post at all, and you'll be bored out of your mind!! it'll be the most dull day ever on this board, it be like in the middle of the week, and everyone will be busy but you! then we'll see whos got the last laugh!:D
I'll just post about why you're not here. I'll just make something up!:p

Big_Maar
12-18-2005, 01:00 PM
I was on another forum for the last 4 years when I found this one in Oct. This one is far more interesting and at times more personal.....and I was hooked. I guess Wide, Lonny D08 and the rest of the Vets will have me to pick on during the offseason. Anyways, it was a wonderful 1st season and I'm looking forward to many more.......as long as I don't get BANNED!:D

Class of October 217

lonny23
12-18-2005, 01:28 PM
I was on another forum for the last 4 years when I found this one in Oct. This one is far more interesting and at times more personal.....and I was hooked. I guess Wide, Lonny D08 and the rest of the Vets will have me to pick on during the offseason. Anyways, it was a wonderful 1st season and I'm looking forward to many more.......as long as I don't get BANNED!:D

Class of October 217
If you don't want to get banned, read what Wide says and don't copy it!:p He's got Lazarus beat. He only came back from the dead once!:D

Hey, you can plan on getting picked on if you stick around. Nobody is excluded from my teasing from myself to the admins.

Crank_It
12-18-2005, 01:37 PM

Class of October 217

Same thing here, texasprepxtra.com was like a ghost town the entire year, even in the playoffs, thats when I decided to join this site after reading it for about two years. The people are much cooler here too.

lonny23
12-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Same thing here, texasprepxtra.com was like a ghost town the entire year, even in the playoffs, thats when I decided to join this site after reading it for about two years. The people are much cooler here too.
You're darn right!:D

LoneRocket
12-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Is that a dying site.

mad_fan
12-19-2005, 05:51 AM
Not yet...but I do count the threads and give them each my own little title. This is one is called super-duper poll #4343234AJ5...I file them not in alphabetical order...but rather in order of which letter the 4th poster's name begins with. It's a complex system...but I have to do it or they will revoke my membership.

The important thing is to have a system...like with the beer frig...I use FIFO...First In, First Out...no stale brews...no warm brews...:)

See Lonny, no period...:D

wide-e-wide
12-19-2005, 06:26 AM
My beer system is very complexed...
1 in the beer fridge which is slightly colder...1 in the freezer....and 1 in cool down mode in the fridge in the kitchen...when you get one out of the inside fridge (cool down mode) you have to shift the other two...so you go to the garage...move the one in the beer fridge to to the freezer...take the one in the freezer to the fridge in the kitchen...and lastly grab the one in kitchen....then repeat once you finish that one.

Everybody following me?

mad_fan
12-19-2005, 06:37 AM
My beer frig has no freezer department:mad: ...I did have a similar system, but one soldier was left in the wife's freezer a little too long...

Mad_wife...new system...

wide-e-wide
12-19-2005, 06:41 AM
My beer frig has no freezer department:mad: ...I did have a similar system, but one soldier was left in the wife's freezer a little too long...

Mad_wife...new system...

I have done that a few times...Pisses me off more than it does her...that's wasting beer!

If you can ever perfect this system...ahhhh baby...it is wonder-fuss I guarantee....On that day you will feel as though you are in the zone...the consumption timing is right on...and every beer you drink will have little bitty flakes of ice in it...whooooo! Hell yeah...that's what I'm talking about.

farmerfan
12-19-2005, 06:59 AM
I have done that a few times...Pisses me off more than it does her...that's wasting beer!

If you can ever perfect this system...ahhhh baby...it is wonder-fuss I guarantee....On that day you will feel as though you are in the zone...the consumption timing is right on...and every beer you drink will have little bitty flakes of ice in it...whooooo! Hell yeah...that's what I'm talking about.

my system is before I go to school or go to work, is to get out my cooler, sit it next to my chair, put six beers on the bottom, poor half the bag of ice on it, place 6 more beers on that layer of ice, poor the rest of the ice on those beers then put the remaining 6 on that final layer of ice. I then have the emergency 12 pack in the frig as well. This usually gets me through a ball game as I try to finish a beer per half inning. Never having to get up to grab a beer out of the frig. By the end of the game I usually go to bed or just bust into the emergency pack and drink till I pass out, which usually is only a few more after that.

TrinityTrojan80
12-19-2005, 09:07 AM
I, for one, visit this site serveral times daily but I usually find that someone else has posted something that almost mirrors my opinion. I find aggressive posters enjoyable, and sometimes annoying, but there is always a balance with those who are sensable.:)

wide-e-wide
12-19-2005, 09:50 AM
my system is before I go to school or go to work, is to get out my cooler, sit it next to my chair, put six beers on the bottom, poor half the bag of ice on it, place 6 more beers on that layer of ice, poor the rest of the ice on those beers then put the remaining 6 on that final layer of ice. I then have the emergency 12 pack in the frig as well. This usually gets me through a ball game as I try to finish a beer per half inning. Never having to get up to grab a beer out of the frig. By the end of the game I usually go to bed or just bust into the emergency pack and drink till I pass out, which usually is only a few more after that.

We gotta hang out bro...definitely this baseball season. I won't even get into my bar-b-q/beer drinking routine. It is only for guys that can really...really...really multi-task.

dragonfootballfan
12-19-2005, 09:59 AM

Mad_wife...new system...
the key is to use those gallon size plastic bags. That way if you forgot about the one in the freezer it just explodes into the plastic bag and does not make a mess.

wide-e-wide
12-19-2005, 10:03 AM
the key is to use those gallon size plastic bags. That way if you forgot about the one in the freezer it just explodes into the plastic bag and does not make a mess.

Either that...or you could constantly have a running tally of how many you have left and how many you have drank...that way you always have every beer accounted for....

But I know what you mean...sometimes in the wee hours of the night you lose count...I thought I was completely out one night...and suddenly I remembered I had another 6pk that I hid from myself tucked away in one of those little drawers in the bottom of the fridge. I actually did a little dance when I found them!!

dragonfootballfan
12-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Either that...or you could constantly have a running tally of how many you have left and how many you have drank...that way you always have every beer accounted for....

But I know what you mean...sometimes in the wee hours of the night you lose count...I thought I was completely out one night...and suddenly I remembered I had another 6pk that I hid from myself tucked away in one of those little drawers in the bottom of the fridge. I actually did a little dance when I found them!!
The problem that I have is one is in the freezer and then I get a phone call and then something else distracts me and then I go to sleep. The next morning I open the freezer and there is beer everywhere. That is why I now use the ziploc bag method.

mad_fan
12-19-2005, 10:30 AM

By half-time of the second game I'm out of the zone...hence the freezer burn...:mad:

mad_fan
12-19-2005, 10:31 AM

KEEP COUNT????:eek:

mad_fan
12-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Okay, I counted...Monday morning...six thirty packs in the garage...about half a one in the fridge...:D

dragons08
12-19-2005, 02:41 PM

Class of October 217
im not a community vet..wide and lonny are HOF's

dont worry they all pick on me the most

wide-e-wide
12-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Okay, I counted...Monday morning...six thirty packs in the garage...about half a one in the fridge...:D

:D :D

You wouldn't happen to need a roommate would you?

mad_fan
12-19-2005, 03:58 PM
:D :D

You wouldn't happen to need a roommate would you?

Haha, my wife jokes about getting a different roommate...maybe she could hang with Mrs Wide for a while...a swap thing...;)

PS she read this thing a called me a knucklehead because you're talking about counting individual beers and I count in thirty packs...:D

wide-e-wide
12-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Haha, my wife jokes about getting a different roommate...maybe she could hang with Mrs Wide for a while...a swap thing...;)

PS she read this thing a called me a knucklehead because you're talking about counting individual beers and I count in thirty packs...:D

I am not allowed to get the dreaded dirty/30 anymore...something about I don't know when to quit...yadda,yadda...But at one time it was a staple of the Wideman household (at least my part of it).

I drive my wife crazy...counting beers...counting pennies and which way is economical...and which way is a ripoff...you could learn a great deal of math just by being a beer drinker.

I can tell you which beer companies are scamming their comsumers the most....

Right now it is Budweiser...the 16oz Bud Lights only come in 4pks now...but at the same price they used to charge for the 6pk!!:eek: :eek:

So what does Miller Lite do?....they jack up the prices for their 16oz 6pks hoping to grab some of those pissed off Bud drinkers and profit off of them at the same time.

But it is usually Budweiser that rips off their consumers the most...and that crap taste like.......well crap.

garlandowl08
12-19-2005, 05:59 PM

Not only did you start a poll, but you also said "eleventy billion" [geek voice, puts in pocket protector] ONE OF US! ONE OF US! [/geek voice, puts in pocket protector]

mad_fan
12-19-2005, 08:26 PM
The Dirty 30 can make for rough Mondays...or Sunday nights on the couch...the worst idea ever...Sunday Night Football...:eek:

The thing to do with A-B is invest...I got some of that Busch stock in one of my retirement accounts...they tip me 4 times a year...:D

lonny23
12-20-2005, 03:35 AM
I don't drink, but I'm enjoying the beer discussion. I bet if we keep talking about beer, some of the new guys might stick around.