PDA

View Full Version : Steven A. Smith

wide-e-wide
12-17-2005, 01:16 AM
I know I have asked this before...but

Anybody have any objections to me just slappin' the cowboy piss out of him?

Good Lord he gets on my nerves!
Just shut up please!!

SeguinMatadors
12-17-2005, 01:21 AM
I know I have asked this before...but

Anybody have any objections to me just slappin' the cowboy piss out of him?

Good Lord he gets on my nerves!
Just shut up please!!

I don't even listen to his basketball analysis. Not only as he annoying as hell but he is biased too. Dude will rip every GM in the NBA EXCEPT the worst GM in the NBA, Isaih Thomas (Knicks). I don't know if it is a black thing (I hope not) but next time Thomas makes a move and someone says something negative about it... just listen to Steven A. chime in.

SeguinMatadors
12-17-2005, 01:22 AM
The best basketball personality there is, in a land slide, is Charles Barkley. I don't see how anyone can disagree. That man gets to the point and has you laughing all night.

ktchamp97
12-17-2005, 07:59 AM
The best basketball personality there is, in a land slide, is Charles Barkley. I don't see how anyone can disagree. That man gets to the point and has you laughing all night.

I love Chuck. TNT games are worth watching just to hear his comments at halftime. He and "The Jet" make a good team.

Let's be honest he-a...Stephen A. will speak his mind, and occasionally he's bearable, HOW-EVA, the vast majority of the time he's a smug, screaming hack.

Wide, you have my full permission to slap the cowboy piss out of him. While you're over there, smack Stu so hard he can see his audience with both eyes.

wide-e-wide
12-17-2005, 08:46 AM
Wide, you have my full permission to slap the cowboy piss out of him. While you're over there, smack Stu so hard he can see his audience with both eyes.

Now that was just wrong...but I'll do it. He gets on my nerves too. I must have PHD playa haters degree...because he is butta'...cooler than the other side of the pillow...and a bunch of other stupid stuff he says.

ktchamp97
12-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Now that was just wrong...but I'll do it. He gets on my nerves too. I must have PHD playa haters degree...because he is butta'...cooler than the other side of the pillow...and a bunch of other stupid stuff he says.

Stu just bugs the hell out of me, because you know his on-air persona is so damn fake...he tries too hard.

wide-e-wide
12-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Stu just bugs the hell out of me, because you know his on-air persona is so damn fake...he tries too hard.

Exactly...

Especially when he puts song lyrics in the middle of his highlights coverage.
My favorite was a few years ago...he tried to sneak in some of LL Cool J's lyrics...

Bagwell up in the bottom of the ninth...and booyah!!
He's representin' the Astros....he was raised in Connecticut.

That was weak...

LoneRocket
12-17-2005, 09:29 AM
--

wide-e-wide
12-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Yeah I have a problem with Steven Punk A Smith, he is not welcome in S.A.

Really?...what did he say about San Antonio.

Let me guess....the statement staw-ted wiff Quite Frankly....

LoneRocket
12-17-2005, 11:30 AM
--

wide-e-wide
12-17-2005, 11:34 AM
I did not like the way he talked about the Spurs a few years ago, you know David R. is to nice not a thug and challenged his manhood. The whole team was a bunch of choir boys not harden thugs and gangsters, instead of talking about team play and role models. Now they want role modes, they did not respect the way the organization had done things and now after the basket brawl they are band wagoning their suport.

Oh...I see.
I have to agree with him about Robinson though. I think everybody on the board knows my stance on the Admiral.

Lufkin_Class_Of_08
12-17-2005, 09:20 PM
i dont see how people on his show can cheer for him...he makes no points and if he does they hold no weight...the people in his audience who cheer know nothing of sports

AZTiger
12-17-2005, 09:39 PM
I love Chuck. TNT games are worth watching just to hear his comments at halftime. He and "The Jet" make a good team.

Let's be honest he-a...Stephen A. will speak his mind, and occasionally he's bearable, HOW-EVA, the vast majority of the time he's a smug, screaming hack.

well done brother, this thread wouldn't be complete without a "HOW-EVA"

lonny23
12-18-2005, 02:10 PM

Speaking of eyes, we have a guy on the Mavs messager board called...

TmacsOneGoodEye!:D

I think it's a black thing with Stephen A. Smith. He coexists with the white guys, but prefers the thug lifestyle and attitude. That's why he always liked Iverson so much. Hey, I like AI a lot more than in the past. SAS writes for the paper in Philly, but is from NYC. That's where his bias comes in.

lonny23
12-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah I have a problem with Steven Punk A Smith, he is not welcome in S.A.
He loves to bash his boy...

Rasho Nesterovic!:p

I don't agree with the Robinson stuff.

AZTiger
12-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Speaking of eyes, we have a guy on the Mavs messager board called...

TmacsOneGoodEye!:D

I think it's a black thing with Stephen A. Smith. He coexists with the white guys, but prefers the thug lifestyle and attitude. That's why he always liked Iverson so much. Hey, I like AI a lot more than in the past. SAS writes for the paper in Philly, but is from NYC. That's where his bias comes in.

hey, i'll take that one good eye over a LOT of guy's TWO good eyes anyday

TexasRed6x
12-18-2005, 07:52 PM
He loves to bash his boy...

Rasho Nesterovic!:p

I don't agree with the Robinson stuff.

I agree with Lonny, Stephen A. Smith loves to run that big mouth of his and I hate it when he doesn't shut up. I think Stephen A. shoud go back and talk about his two boys. Stanislav Medvedenko and Rasho Nesterovic.

garlandowl08
12-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Stephen A. is pretty bad, but I like him better than Jim Rome...I know his "comments" about the Aggies are fake, but every time I've watched his show he's come off as a pompous jackface. Stephen A. can be the same was, but he's at least an okay moderator during discussions...he at least tries to keep it on topic...sometimes...if he feels like it.

wide-e-wide
12-18-2005, 09:14 PM
Stephen A. is pretty bad, but I like him better than Jim Rome...I know his "comments" about the Aggies are fake, but every time I've watched his show he's come off as a pompous jackface. Stephen A. can be the same was, but he's at least an okay moderator during discussions...he at least tries to keep it on topic...sometimes...if he feels like it.

Dude...Stephen A. is better than Romey-Rome?

You lost big points for that one bro...

I have listened to Rome for years...way back when he was just a local guy out of San Diego and only known on the West Coast...

Some of Rome's clones are idiots...but Rome is awesome...always has been.

dragonfootballfan
12-18-2005, 09:41 PM
I really cannot stand him. I watched him that quite frankly once because he was interviewing Emmit Smith. One thing in particular that really made me mad was he asked him more questions about Reggie Bush than anything else. The sequence that really upset me was:

S: "Is there anybody playing football right now that reminds you of yourself?"

E: "YA"

S: "Who?"

E: "LaDanian Tomlinson, that boy is cold"

S: "What about Reggie Bush?"

wide-e-wide
12-18-2005, 09:45 PM
I really cannot stand him. I watched him that quite frankly once because he was interviewing Emmit Smith. One thing in particular that really made me mad was he asked him more questions about Reggie Bush than anything else. The sequence that really upset me was:

What the hell do Reggie Bush and Emmitt Smith have in common?
They are both black guys that play/played running back..other than that...they are complete opposites.

They are totally different...and only an idiot like HOWEVA Smith would ask a ******* question like that.

dragonfootballfan
12-18-2005, 10:23 PM
What the hell do Reggie Bush and Emmitt Smith have in common?
They are both black guys that play/played running back..other than that...they are complete opposites.

They are totally different...and only an idiot like HOWEVA Smith would ask a ******* question like that.
Emmit looked really pissed about it. I did enjoy the few minutes of talking about Jerry and the rest of the boys and reminiscing about the old days. That part was sandwiched in between the, "Do you think Reggie Bush is great? What do you think about Reggie Bush? Do you think that Reggie Bush is the best runningback ever? What would you teach Reggie Bush if you could talk to him? What about Reggie Bush makes you think he will be great?"

wide-e-wide
12-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Emmit looked really pissed about it. I did enjoy the few minutes of talking about Jerry and the rest of the boys and reminiscing about the old days. That part was sandwiched in between the, "Do you think Reggie Bush is great? What do you think about Reggie Bush? Do you think that Reggie Bush is the best runningback ever? What would you teach Reggie Bush if you could talk to him? What about Reggie Bush makes you think he will be great?"

It would have been so gangsta...if Emmitt just busted out with a..."Man... (BLEEP) Reggie Bush!"

He could have ran for president if he did that...and got every Longhorns fan in the world's vote.

dragonfootballfan
12-18-2005, 10:48 PM
It would have been so gangsta...if Emmitt just busted out with a..."Man... (BLEEP) Reggie Bush!"

He could have ran for president if he did that...and got every Longhorns fan in the world's vote.
he was keeping his cool, but looked really mad when he was cut off when talking about LT. It looked like he really like LT

lonny23
12-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Dude...Stephen A. is better than Romey-Rome?

You lost big points for that one bro...

I have listened to Rome for years...way back when he was just a local guy out of San Diego and only known on the West Coast...

Some of Rome's clones are idiots...but Rome is awesome...always has been.
I like Rome. The guy who always made me mad was Ron Barr. JT the Brick is too rude at times.

I'll never forget when Rome had Jim Everett on Talk 2 when ESPN 2 was starting. Everett pushed the live set over and knocked Rome out of the chair because he kept calling him "Chris"!:D

I like when Rome talks about the show just starting and he was on for 5 straight hours in the early days.

lonny23
12-18-2005, 11:34 PM

E likes LT because he grew up idolizing Emmitt and modeling his game after Emmitt. LT is a great back and the Chargers did well drafting him.

AZTiger
12-18-2005, 11:40 PM
the rudest talkin head is Colin Cowherd. he's an arrogant ***** most of the time

lonny23
12-18-2005, 11:40 PM
he was keeping his cool, but looked really mad when he was cut off when talking about LT. It looked like he really like LT
I didn't see the interview, but I know the look. I've seen Emmitt do it before. It's the look where he wants to kill you for asking a stupid question, but knows he needs to keep his cool. I've seen people ask him some stupid questions. He really wants to go off when you ask him a question and then ask again because he didn't say everything you wanted him to say. E's my boy and he's going to be honest with you. If he says he doesn't want to talk about something, HE DOESN'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT! He takes that stuff personal. It's like, "I gave you the answer and don't ask me again." I hate that stuff, too. My dad will ask me a question and then not want to believe what I just told him.

KT2000
12-20-2005, 08:35 AM
I've never wished physical harm on anyone except:

Hitler (took care of that himself)
Saddam
Bin Laden
Coach K
Karl Malone

Screamin' A Smith is is trying his best to join that list. He knows his stuff, but is just too over the top with everything. I can't think anyone in the league actually likes him. SAS is part of the reason I hardly ever watch ESPN unless there's a game on. I used to watch Sportscenter everyday, but they've got too many of these "shock jocks" on now. Oh, and get Linda Cohn some freaking clothes please. I don't need to start my day with that.

That is all.

svhorns
12-18-2008, 01:42 AM
I've never wished physical harm on anyone except:

Hitler (took care of that himself)
Saddam
Bin Laden
Coach K
Karl Malone

Screamin' A Smith is is trying his best to join that list. He knows his stuff, but is just too over the top with everything. I can't think anyone in the league actually likes him. SAS is part of the reason I hardly ever watch ESPN unless there's a game on. I used to watch Sportscenter everyday, but they've got too many of these "shock jocks" on now. Oh, and get Linda Cohn some freaking clothes please. I don't need to start my day with that.

That is all.

It has happened before..KT2000... has had great conversation with wide e wide...
the board has grown to new levels it has tons more people... plus with it being close to the state games... he can just sneak in the back door... no one will even notice he's here... I will continue to bring back wide e wide posts untill you start to feel bad... you'll start to notice how great the board actually was and the future it could have...

jtk1519
12-18-2008, 04:01 AM
It has happened before..KT2000... has had great conversation with wide e wide...
the board has grown to new levels it has tons more people... plus with it being close to the state games... he can just sneak in the back door... no one will even notice he's here... I will continue to bring back wide e wide posts untill you start to feel bad... you'll start to notice how great the board actually was and the future it could have...

^
What she said.

svhorns
12-18-2008, 04:18 AM
^
What she said.

thanks for your help Aggy lover

jtk1519
12-18-2008, 05:29 AM
thanks for your help Aggy lover

No problem, Switzer.

blue4020
12-18-2008, 07:20 AM
While you are slapping SAS can you go by and choke slam Chris Collinsworth for me? I watched his interview with Kobe Bryant during the olympics. He said something to the effect of patriotism being outdated. If I could have reached through the tv and pimp slapped him I would have. Ever since that day when he is on tv I change the channel.

lonny23
12-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Man, I've campaigned before and I don't know if it will happen or not. I wish he'd come back. It hasn't been as good without him and I don't care how many people we have now because it used to be better and Wide was a big part of that.

jtk1519
12-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Man, I've campaigned before and I don't know if it will happen or not. I wish he'd come back. It hasn't been as good without him and I don't care how many people we have now because it used to be better and Wide was a big part of that.

See, even LOONY wants wide back. Firebird and loony... the two people wide loved to ridicule the most and they want him back.

Firebird
12-18-2008, 11:07 AM
See, even LOONY wants wide back. Firebird and loony... the two people wide loved to ridicule the most and they want him back.

Wide had to resort to cheap mocking because I destroyed him in the battle of wits. Still, I would be happy to have him back because I am tired of toying with the rest of the board.

jtk1519
12-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Wide had to resort to cheap mocking because I destroyed him in the battle of wits. Still, I would be happy to have him back because I am tired of toying with the rest of the board.

A comatose squirrel could destroy wide in a battle of wits. Wide was just funny as hell. He also wasn't as thin-skinned as most. I called the guy's kids mongoloids for hours before he finally lost it. Dude could take a beating and always get back up to throw some more punches.

HUM398
12-18-2008, 12:07 PM
A comatose squirrel could destroy wide in a battle of wits. Wide was just funny as hell. He also wasn't as thin-skinned as most. I called the guy's kids mongoloids for hours before he finally lost it. Dude could take a beating and always get back up to throw some more punches.

Dude...I even thought that was a low blow, and i am one of the thickest skinned people on this board.

jtk1519
12-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Dude...I even thought that was a low blow, and i am one of the thickest skinned people on this board.

He tested me. He said I couldn't get him to break. He was wrong.

HUM398
12-18-2008, 12:39 PM
He tested me. He said I couldn't get him to break. He was wrong.

Their is 2 things you don't say to wide.... B.tch, and talking about his kids....about anything else, he is unbreakable.

jtk1519
12-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Their is 2 things you don't say to wide.... B.tch, and talking about his kids....about anything else, he is unbreakable.

And I did both of those. :D

The whole calling him a b*tch thing was a joke. His reaction was just too priceless though and I rolled with it. Dude was giving me his address in Waco so I could come down there and throw down.

HUM398
12-18-2008, 01:01 PM
And I did both of those. :D

The whole calling him a b*tch thing was a joke. His reaction was just too priceless though and I rolled with it. Dude was giving me his address in Waco so I could come down there and throw down.

Your relationship with Wide is an odd one.

Its a love-hate thing...it's kind of gay....

:D:p

jtk1519
12-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Your relationship with Wide is an odd one.

Its a love-hate thing...it's kind of gay....

:D:p

It was very love/hate. We were both button-pushers. I knew how to push his and I liked his reactions. He did the same to me. We both said the worst possible stuff we could think of to each other and I think we loved each other for doing it.