PDA

View Full Version : Where Drivers are From!

Sacred Ground
12-16-2005, 10:30 PM
HOW TO IDENTIFY WHERE A DRIVER IS FROM:

One hand on wheel, one hand on horn:
CHICAGO

One hand on wheel, middle finger out window:
NEW YORK

One hand on wheel, middle finger out window,
cutting across all lanes of traffic:
NEW JERSEY

One hand on wheel, one hand on newspaper,
foot solidly on accelerator:
BOSTON

One hand on wheel, one hand on nonfat
double decaf cappuccino,
cradling cell phone, brick on accelerator,
gun in lap:
LOS ANGELES

Both hands on wheel, eyes shut,
both feet on brake, quivering in terror:
OHIO,
but driving in CALIFORNIA

Both hands in air, gesturing,
both feet on accelerator,
head turned to talk to someone in back seat:
ITALY

One hand on 12oz. double shot latte,
one knee on wheel, cradling cell phone,
foot on brake, mind on radio game,
banging head on steering
wheel while stuck in traffic:
SEATTLE

One hand on wheel, one hand on hunting rifle,
alternating between both feet being
on the accelerator and both feet on brake,
throwing McDonald's bag out the window:
TEXAS

Four-wheel drive pickup truck,
shotgun mounted in rear window,
beer cans on floor,
squirrel tails attached to antenna:
OKLAHOMA

Two hands gripping wheel,
blue hair barely visible above windshield,
driving 35 on the Interstate in the left lane
with the left blinker on:
FLORIDA

One hand on the wheel, the other on his sister:
ARKANSAS

Sacred Ground
12-30-2005, 05:32 PM
I expirenced most of these drivers just in the state of Oklahoma 2 days ago!

AZTiger
12-30-2005, 06:00 PM
the Florida and Italy ones are the best. I can picture both of them.

mad_fan
12-30-2005, 06:10 PM
I expirenced most of these drivers just in the state of Oklahoma 2 days ago!

Okiehoma...driving through country...

dragons08
12-30-2005, 06:47 PM
One hand on wheel, one hand on horn:
CHICAGO

thats basically true..some fingers are thrown..

Sacred Ground
12-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Okiehoma...driving through country...
Driving thru Kansas can be worse than Oklahoma. You can go for miles and miles in Kansas and not even see a billboard ad, especially in the black hills area of Kansas.

mad_fan
12-30-2005, 06:50 PM
Driving thru Kansas can be worse than Oklahoma. You can go for miles and miles in Kansas and not even see a billboard ad, especially in the black hills area of Kansas.

But I'd stop in Kansas.

Consol Tiger
12-30-2005, 07:13 PM
i like florida

some people just dont realize the left lane is the fast lane:mad:

GRP05
12-31-2005, 12:44 AM
I like the Italy one the best...especially the gesturing. :cool:

lonny23
12-31-2005, 06:29 AM
The Black Hills are in South Dakota. That is unless George, TJ, Abe, and Teddy moved south for the winter!:p

lonny23
12-31-2005, 06:30 AM
Arkansas was pretty cool.

Red Raiders
12-31-2005, 12:37 PM
This is an interesting thread and also funny one too. :p

By the way, I am so sick of East Texan Drivers because they drive freaking slow for no reason! In Tyler, some drive fast and some drive slow but once you go out of city limit, they drive slow for no reason. I can tell you this and this is so real, if East Texans were driving in Houston, they would have been freaked out!! some can get freaked out in Dallas since Dallas is alright in speed everytime I go their. I know that East Texan is developing in driving since Tyler is getting a real big city with more and more traffics.

lonny23
12-31-2005, 12:52 PM
This is an interesting thread and also funny one too. :p

By the way, I am so sick of East Texan Drivers because they drive freaking slow for no reason! In Tyler, some drive fast and some drive slow but once you go out of city limit, they drive slow for no reason. I can tell you this and this is so real, if East Texans were driving in Houston, they would have been freaked out!! some can get freaked out in Dallas since Dallas is alright in speed everytime I go their. I know that East Texan is developing in driving since Tyler is getting a real big city with more and more traffics.
Old people drive slow. The one's that drive slow around there don't go to big cities for the reason you just gave.

Sacred Ground
12-31-2005, 01:40 PM
Arkansas was pretty cool.
At work, if someone does something slow, we tell them, "Your slower than a train ride thru Arkansas."

lonny23
12-31-2005, 02:41 PM
At work, if someone does something slow, we tell them, "Your slower than a train ride thru Arkansas."
Have any of you guys ever heard of the Crossett lights? Supposedly, a kid got run over by a train in Crossett, Arkansas a long time ago. They say the conductor flashes his light on the old railroad location that's no longer there. There is a clearing of trees, but no tracks.

Sacred Ground
12-31-2005, 03:20 PM
The Black Hills are in South Dakota. That is unless George, TJ, Abe, and Teddy moved south for the winter!:p
Are you talking about Mt. Rushmore? Isn't that in Montana?

lonny23
12-31-2005, 04:02 PM
Are you talking about Mt. Rushmore? Isn't that in Montana?
No, Death Valley is in Montana!;)

Sacred Ground
12-31-2005, 04:09 PM
No, Death Valley is in Montana!;)
I thought Death Valley was in California!

lonny23
12-31-2005, 05:53 PM
I thought Death Valley was in California!
OK, I'm messing around. The Black Hills with Mt. Rushmore are in South Dakota. Death Valley is in California.

It all started because somebody said something about Black Hills in Kansas.

Sacred Ground
12-31-2005, 06:25 PM
OK, I'm messing around. The Black Hills with Mt. Rushmore are in South Dakota. Death Valley is in California.

It all started because somebody said something about Black Hills in Kansas.
I thought you were messin with me! I mentioned the Black Hills of Kansas. I'm not sure if they are called that, but there is a section in SE Kansas that borders Okla., that looks like the black hills, and there is nothing there but black, baron hills, and that is all you see for miles and miles as you drive thru it. And, if you need to use the toilet, you might as well pull over because you won't see a gas station or a rest stop for quite awhile.

dragons08
01-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Old people drive slow. The one's that drive slow around there don't go to big cities for the reason you just gave.
i figured youd know that

lonny23
01-01-2006, 10:53 AM
I thought you were messin with me! I mentioned the Black Hills of Kansas. I'm not sure if they are called that, but there is a section in SE Kansas that borders Okla., that looks like the black hills, and there is nothing there but black, baron hills, and that is all you see for miles and miles as you drive thru it. And, if you need to use the toilet, you might as well pull over because you won't see a gas station or a rest stop for quite awhile.
I know what you're talking about, but I haven't seen a name for them.

lonny23
01-01-2006, 11:04 AM
i figured youd know that
Why don't you try riding with me, ace. I can make it like a rollercoaster. I don't even have to always drive fast. I can see holes and how to get ahead of people in traffic.

One time, I took a sharp curve at about 45 late at night because I was testing out my new tires. I ran off the road, never hit the brakes, and had 3 tires in the dirt and grass (not the same 3 tires, either) for several seconds and came back on the road in one piece.

I also looked down going north on I-95 one time in Pennsylvania and came upon a massive traffic jam at a complete stop. I took to the grass at full speed to not have a wreck and came back on the Interstate in the same spot in line.

I used to speed a lot, but I don't do it anymore. Nevertheless, I'm still an ace at driving. In July, I did a mountain section going to Gila Cliff Dwellings in New Mexico in 57 minutes that the sign said took 120 minutes. I did the first section in 35 minutes that was supposed to take 80 minutes. I did that in a heavy van with a V-6 motor, so it's not like I had a sports car. If I had a good set of wheels, I could've probably done the drive in 37 minutes. I know when to brake and accelerate on curves and how to let off the gas without losing braking time.

mad_fan
01-01-2006, 08:16 PM
When I drove in England they were probably wondering if I was from Texas.:D

dragonfan22
01-01-2006, 08:22 PM
When I drove in England they were probably wondering if I was from Texas.:D

well duh...because most drivers in texas suck at driving they cut across without signals..and all this other crap and dont know how to drive on ice like people in the north

mad_fan
01-01-2006, 08:33 PM
well duh...because most drivers in texas suck at driving they cut across without signals..and all this other crap and dont know how to drive on ice like people in the north

I also drive on the RIGHT side of the road!:p

dragonfan22
01-01-2006, 08:37 PM
I also drive on the RIGHT side of the road!:p

then why arnt you dead here??
thought you were playing dodge ball??

Red Raiders
01-01-2006, 08:47 PM

I agree and the country people in Texas get freaked out on freeway!

dragons08
01-01-2006, 11:43 PM
then why arnt you dead here??
thought you were playing dodge ball??
you drive on the right side in us last i checked..

dragonfan22
01-02-2006, 01:07 PM
you drive on the right side in us last i checked..

because over in england they drive on the left ..and he said he was driving on the right?

AZTiger
01-02-2006, 01:23 PM
he meant right as in the correct side

mad_fan
01-02-2006, 02:31 PM
I ' m g o i n g t o t y p e s l o w e r f o r t h e d r a g o n f a n s :p