PDA

View Full Version : Katy vs. Bellevue, WA - Clash of Champions II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

SamRizzle
03-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Defending State Champions To Square Off

Bellevue (WA) vs. Katy (TX) on Sept. 12, 2009

Dallas, TX -- TITUS Sports Marketing announced today that it has arranged for a high school football game between arguably the top two programs west of the Mississippi River this decade: Bellevue (Washington) High School and Katy (Texas) High School.

Kickoff at Rhodes Stadium in Katy is set for 7 PM (Central) on Saturday, Sept. 12, 2009.

The Bellevue Wolverines have won seven 3A state championships, including six in the last eight seasons. In 2004, Bellevue knocked the biggest king in football history from its reign, ending Concord (Calif.) De La Salle’s winning streak at a record 151 games. Bellevue defeated another national power, Long Beach (Calif.) Poly, in 2005 and has an overall record of 4-0 against out-of-state competition.

The host Katy Tigers have won back-to-back 5A state championships and have played for a state title in four of the past six years, starting with a 16-15 victory over Southlake Carroll in 2003. Katy’s only out-of-state matchup has been a 31-6 triumph over Weston (Fla.) Cypress Bay last season. Cypress Bay, which plays at 6A as one of the nation’s largest high schools, did not lose another regular-season game and finished 11-2.

Katy’s Gary Joseph is 68-7 since being elevated to head coach in 2004, after a 22-year stay with the Tigers as an assistant. The Tigers are one of only 11 Texas high schools to win six state championships and in the 2008 book “Gridiron Dynasties,” Katy is highlighted as one of the nation’s top 12 high school football programs.

"We are very excited to be able to host a national-caliber program such as Bellevue,” Joseph said. “Playing Cypress Bay last year in front of a national TV audience and a Katy crowd proved to be an experience that both teams will remember. We look forward to that same type of excitement with Bellevue.”
Bellevue’s Butch Goncharoff is 100-8 since taking over as head coach in 2000, after a five-year stay with the Wolverines as an assistant. Goncharoff collected state titles in 2001, ’02, ’03, ’04, ’06 and ’08 and is the first coach in Washington state history to win four consecutive state championships.

“Texas high school football is known for exhibiting great traditions, great coaching, phenomenal skills and determination from their athletes, and Katy is certainly no exception,” Goncharoff said. “We are honored and excited to participate in a match-up against such an outstanding group of athletes.”

The match-up between Katy and Bellevue has been branded “Clash of Champions II.” In 2007, defending state champions Southlake (Texas) Carroll and Miami (Fla.) Northwestern played in Dallas in the “Clash of Champions.” The event attracted a sellout crowd of more than 31,000 fans at Ford Stadium in Dallas and was labeled by national media as the biggest game in the history of high school football.

Ticket information for the Clash of Champions II will be released later this spring.

33Blood
03-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Here's to a Katy blowout. Show the nation that Texas football is the best.

dada
03-17-2009, 01:50 PM
The only think that I don't like is...last year Katy had a bye week before Cy-Bay. They will be battle tested however...North Shore and The Woodlands then Bellevue...Katy does EXTREMELY well against the Wing T and the run....I do however, think it will be more competitive than the Cy-Bay game.

Fleeman93
03-17-2009, 02:01 PM
The only think that I don't like is...last year Katy had a bye week before Cy-Bay. They will be battle tested however...North Shore and The Woodlands then Bellevue...Katy does EXTREMELY well against the Wing T and the run....I do however, think it will be more competitive than the Cy-Bay game.

According to the guys up North being battle tested only hurts your chances. I do agree with you that it will help though. The question in this game will be if Bellvue's defense can stop Katy's offense.

dada
03-17-2009, 02:05 PM
According to the guys up North being battle tested only hurts your chances. I do agree with you that it will help though. The question in this game will be if Bellvue's defense can stop Katy's offense.

You need to run some version of the spread to beat Katy....Run defense will be even better this year. Katy's offense looks simple, no trickery, just good ol fashoined Smashmouth football

This game will be over in under and hour...lol all the running

Fleeman93
03-17-2009, 02:07 PM
You need to run some version of the spread to beat Katy....Run defense will be even better this year. Katy's offense looks simple, no trickery, just good ol fashoined Smashmouth football

Cy Bay was a running team.

:D

Fleeman93
03-17-2009, 02:08 PM

You mean to have a CHANCE of beating Katy (cough Wylie cough).

dada
03-17-2009, 02:18 PM

They ran the Wing T also if I'm not mistaken.

The X factors will play a major roll.
1. Travel......from Washington to Texas...the "deer in the headlights look"
2. The weather....
3. The game is at RHODES....

I read some where that schools can start practicing in Washington August 8th
When are we allowed to practice? I know Katy plays North Shore on the 28th.

rwilleby
03-17-2009, 02:31 PM
They sure make us sound good... I know the boys will welcome the challenge and I'm pretty sure Rhodes will be rockin'...

F18mustang
03-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Oh yes! Washington Football!

rocketgrl94
03-17-2009, 02:35 PM
can i get in on a bet on this game?!:D:p

rwilleby
03-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Oh noes! Washington Football!

Ha! My first thought too... Well, we've seen Florida... Might as well try the West Coast...

rwilleby
03-17-2009, 02:38 PM
can i get in on a bet on this game?!:D:p

Depends on the spread... How many points do I have to give up?

steeler 01
03-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Anyone who is stupid enough to underestimate Bellevue is in for a rude awakening. Games is a toss up IMO. No one runs the Wing-t like Bellevue. Bellevue's offense will move the ball. You can bet your last dollar on that.

steeler 01
03-17-2009, 02:53 PM

Cy Bay would get destroyed by Bellevue.

Pool Man
03-17-2009, 02:56 PM
They ran the Wing T also if I'm not mistaken.

The X factors will play a major roll.
1. Travel......from Washington to Texas...the "deer in the headlights look"
2. The weather....
3. The game is at RHODES....

I read some where that schools can start practicing in Washington August 8th
When are we allowed to practice? I know Katy plays North Shore on the 28th.

Like I said on the other board, this is HUGE! The big question is can these kids handle the heat and humidity of the Texas Gulf Coast in early September when it doesn't get above 75 in Washington? Heck, it's tough for me to handle and all I'm doing is sitting in the stands. With Katy's depth, this is going to be a major problem for them.

dada
03-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Anyone who is stupid enough to underestimate Bellevue is in for a rude awakening. Games is a toss up IMO. No one runs the Wing-t like Bellevue. Bellevue's offense will move the ball you bet your last dollar on that.

No one is underestimating Bellevue. Can't afford to, based on what? They are from Washington...if Katy isn't ready when the season starts, the could be staring at 0-3 instead of 0-2 like last year.

Pool Man
03-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Anyone who is stupid enough to underestimate Bellevue is in for a rude awakening. Games is a toss up IMO. No one runs the Wing-t like Bellevue. Bellevue's offense will move the ball. You can bet your last dollar on that.

Wow, the first "underestimate" comment of the season and we're only in March. Don't you know by now that Katy doesn't overlook anybody?

F18mustang
03-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Wow, the first "underestimate" comment of the season and we're only in March. Don't you know by now that Katy doesn't overlook anybody?

this. We as fans can overlook as much as we want to, but its the Head Coaches job to make sure the players (the ones that matter) are focused and ready to play. Gary Joseph is more than capable of doing that. Its up to us as fans to do the trash talking...:cool:

rwilleby

That right there is a two way street... After the embarrassing *** whipping our boys took last year... NO team will be taken lightly... and as one of my Katy friends would say, "You can BANK it!"

rwilleby
Wow, the first "underestimate" comment of the season and we're only in March. Don't you know by now that Katy doesn't PLAY anybody?

Fixed it for you...

dada
03-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Besides...a LOT can happen before this game so I'm not even trying to make a prediction..

Focus is on North Shore, staying healthy and the Woodlands.

Pool Man
this. We as fans can overlook as much as we want to, but its the Head Coaches job to make sure the players (the ones that matter) are focused and ready to play. Gary Joseph is more than capable of doing that. Its up to us as fans to do the trash talking...:cool:

Well said. Coach Joseph doesn't know how to take a day off. He'll have his team ready.

Pool Man
Fixed it for you...

Ha!:D Well done, my friend.

PirateParent2011
03-17-2009, 03:06 PM
You mean to have a CHANCE of beating Katy (cough Wylie cough).

Indeed sir, indeed. :notworthy

rwilleby
03-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Besides...a LOT can happen before this game so I'm not even trying to make a prediction..

Focus is on North Shore, staying healthy and the Woodlands.

I don't care what happens the rest of the season... Northshore, TWHS and Cinco are the three games... Win those and we've made our year...

(NOT! Just trying to use some of the Cinco strategery here... We all know the real goal, 16-0)

F18mustang
03-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Is 3A the highest classification in Washington?

dada
03-17-2009, 03:17 PM

No

slcdragonfan
03-17-2009, 03:18 PM
I haven't been this excited about an OOS game since MNW. This will be great, and I just have to find a way to see it. Katy's strength is defending the run. And after Cy Bay last year, maybe these folks should be careful about underestimating Katy!
Heck, I might even were red......socks. or something like that.:notworthy

twcpfan1
03-17-2009, 03:19 PM

That was my question. Why don't we ever get an apples to apples matchup with these OOS games?

dada
03-17-2009, 03:20 PM
I don't care what happens the rest of the season... Northshore, TWHS and Cinco are the three games... Win those and we've made our year...

(NOT! Just trying to use some of the Cinco strategery here... We all know the real goal, 16-0)

Katy won't take them lightly at all, for a number of reasons:
1. If they come out of North Shore and Woodz 2-0...the possibility for a perfect season with the 3 peat is there
2...if the come out of the first 2 1-1 or 0-2...they have the possibility of falling to 1-2 or 0-3 with Marcus the following week

Can't afford to underestimate anyone.

85Roughneck
03-17-2009, 03:21 PM

darn it pool man !!! we had one on the line and you let him get away ... CRAP !!! :mad: oh well, bait the hook again and put it back in the water.

;):D

F18mustang
03-17-2009, 03:23 PM
darn it pool man !!! we had one on the line and you let him get away ... CRAP !!! :mad: oh well, bait the hook again and put it back in the water.

;):D

Nah, thats just Steeler. He is always baited...

85Roughneck
03-17-2009, 03:23 PM
That right there is a two way street... After the embarrassing *** whipping our boys took last year... NO team will be taken lightly... and as one of my Katy friends would say, "You can BANK it!"

you know me bro, I already made a deposit on this one ... DB86 pushed my button and I did my thang!!! Katy wins this one. Let me do my homework and I'll put up my point spread too. ;)

steeler 01
03-17-2009, 03:24 PM

For Dada

F18mustang
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
For Dada

;)

dada
For Dada

Huh? What I miss?

85Roughneck

well played, sir, well played ... :notworthy

steeler 01
03-17-2009, 03:26 PM
That was my question. Why don't we ever get an apples to apples matchup with these OOS games?

Bellevue is usually the best team in the state of Washington. The classifications aren't much of a difference there. 3A teams are usually the better teams. Skyline was a 3A team before moving up and dominating the 4A class. They used to take their spankings from Bellevue.

F18mustang
03-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Huh? What I miss?

He is referring to your post (#31) but failed to refer to my post (#19).

steeler 01
03-17-2009, 03:29 PM

Actually, I was showing how some people are showing a lack of respect for this team because, their from Washington.:)

dada

still lost...lol

F18mustang
Bellevue is usually the best team in the state of Washington. The classifications aren't much of a difference there. 3A teams are usually the better teams. Skyline was a 3A team before moving up and dominating the 4A class. They used to take their spankings from Bellevue.

Thats interesting. It would seem to me that classifications in other states would have the same characteristics as they do here in Texas.

85Roughneck
03-17-2009, 03:30 PM
I haven't been this excited about an OOS game since MNW. This will be great, and I just have to find a way to see it. Katy's strength is defending the run. And after Cy Bay last year, maybe these folks should be careful about underestimating Katy!

you're welcome to all our games, my friend. We'll have a few loaner Red t-shirts for you and the rest of the green gang. Load up SLC and Farmerfan and y'all head on down to Katy and watch some super sucky football by the terrible R3 teams that never play anybody.

sorry guys ... low hanging fruit again, my bad. :o:D:D LOL!

fer real, bro, we look forward to meeting you guys. We need to catch one of your big games this year too. What say you DaDa and KT? Is another Road trip in order!?!?

F18mustang
03-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Actually, I was showing how some people are showing a lack of respect for this team because, their from Washington.:)

Exactly. Washington isn't exactly known as a football powerhouse.

steeler 01
03-17-2009, 03:32 PM

But Bellevue is a powerhouse. Every state can have 1 or 2 good teams. Washington actually has around 5-6 very good teams. With Skyline and Bellevue being the head of the class usually.

rocketgrl94
03-17-2009, 03:32 PM

"Never underestimate the power of the uuuuh.... Washington football........:D

85Roughneck
03-17-2009, 03:36 PM

Washington may not be a football powerhouse but they darn sure have great seafood!!! I was there a year ago in Seattle and I had the best darn salmon I ever had. It was fresh out of the bay and cooked right away. delicious! (how about that for a hi-jack);)

dada
03-17-2009, 03:46 PM

Not I.....

BlakeJ
03-17-2009, 03:50 PM

You're right, we should send that 3A team to TWCP! ;)

twcpfan1
03-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Washington may not be a football powerhouse but they darn sure have great seafood!!! I was there a year ago in Seattle and I had the best darn salmon I ever had. It was fresh out of the bay and cooked right away. delicious! (how about that for a hi-jack);)

The Tigers should insist that the game be played at Bellevue. It's a very nice part of the Seattle area.

The King
03-17-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm just gonna say it

off season sucks

why couldn't the government bail out something important like arena football. At least they aren't lying about where the money is going.

twcpfan1
03-17-2009, 03:51 PM
You're right, we should send that 3A team to TWCP! ;)

Yes because TWCP would absolutely butt pound Katy. ;)

The King
03-17-2009, 03:53 PM
The Tigers should insist that the game be played at Bellevue. It's a very nice part of the Seattle area.

I don't think titus wants to fund Katy traveling vs another team that likely has a smaller number of players on their roster.

BlakeJ
03-17-2009, 03:54 PM

Next question. Who the heck is TWCP?? Sounds like a street gang. :D

No more "hi-jacking" for me

twcpfan1
03-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Next question. Who the heck is TWCP?? Sounds like a street gang. :D

No more "hi-jacking" for me

Katy fan talking about street gangs in The Woodlands? :laugh Don't make me pull out the Cinco card :D

Well we are the Hoodz in the Woodz so yeah I guess it is.

The King
03-17-2009, 03:57 PM

That doesn't sound like it has anything to do with football.

rwilleby
03-17-2009, 04:00 PM
That doesn't sound like it has anything to do with football.

Ha! I was going to ask but then decided I might not want to know the answer... :eek:

kttxboy1254
any link to Bellevue, WA site?

dada
Katy fan talking about street gangs in The Woodlands? :laugh Don't make me pull out the Cinco card :D

Well we are the Hoodz in the Woodz so yeah I guess it is.

Do Caviliers wear skirts too?:D

rwilleby
03-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Seriously... If you know anything about Katy fans... You know we believe first and let the boys do the work... That said, I believe this will be a fun game... For us...

dada
any link to Bellevue, WA site?

http://www.bellevuefootball.com/

85Roughneck

startin' to wonder about you bro, you keep mentioning the butt poundin' ...

just pickin' !!!!! :D

F18mustang
03-17-2009, 04:02 PM
nm

twcpfan1
03-17-2009, 04:03 PM

The Mascot is some dude in a funny hat with a sword and a really creepy mask/headgear. Gives me nightmares

85Roughneck
03-17-2009, 04:03 PM

I don't think so but the do run around waving a bunch a frilly flags and wear super puffy shirts ... :rolleyes:

dada
03-17-2009, 04:04 PM

Red Rage? does CavDad know you're posting under his ID?

rwilleby
Nice looking cheerleaders... (Just checking them out for my buddy Carl) ;)

twcpfan1
startin' to wonder about you bro, you keep mentioning the butt poundin' ...

just pickin' !!!!! :D

Yeah I probably should refine my trash talk a little :D

85Roughneck
03-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Nice looking cheerleaders... (Just checking them out for my buddy Carl) ;)

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh t ...

rwilleby
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh t ...

A zoom would help!

twcpfan1
Red Rage? does CavDad know you're posting under his ID?

I had to laugh at that :laugh

BlakeJ
03-17-2009, 04:18 PM
85Roughneck, My wife and I were out looking at homes and came across a yard with your sons sign in it. Your house?? Can't remember what development...was in Katy though..lol.

svhorns
03-17-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm going to give the nod to the Fighting Potato Heads... Fight on potato heads!! ;)

http://shop.uclastore.com/images/en_US/local/products/detail/7x1156_dt.jpg

85Roughneck
03-17-2009, 04:24 PM
85Roughneck, My wife and I were out looking at homes and came across a yard with your sons sign in it. Your house?? Can't remember what development...was in Katy though..lol.

nope, he lives with his mom about a block from the Jack.

I live in Deer Park which is way to far away from Katy, but that is where the work is for what I do.

85Roughneck
03-17-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm going to give the nod to the Fighting Potato Heads... Fight on potato heads!! ;)

http://shop.uclastore.com/images/en_US/local/products/detail/7x1156_dt.jpg

LOL !!! you have this thing about potatos don'tcha ... I bet your favorite food is french fries.

slcdragonfan
03-17-2009, 04:27 PM
you're welcome to all our games, my friend. We'll have a few loaner Red t-shirts for you and the rest of the green gang. Load up SLC and Farmerfan and y'all head on down to Katy and watch some super sucky football by the terrible R3 teams that never play anybody.

sorry guys ... low hanging fruit again, my bad. :o:D:D LOL!

fer real, bro, we look forward to meeting you guys. We need to catch one of your big games this year too. What say you DaDa and KT? Is another Road trip in order!?!?

OK, I'll have to dig out the calendar and see what we are doing. A likely one for us that would be of interest to you will be the North Shore game. I watched Katy play in the state game this year, I watched 'em on TV against CyBay, I saw the 2007 state championship game. Katy deserves its rings, I don't think many people are going to disagree with that statement.

BlakeJ
03-17-2009, 04:31 PM
nope, he lives with his mom about a block from the Jack.

I live in Deer Park which is way to far away from Katy, but that is where the work is for what I do.

Ahhhhh...get it. I remember where it was now. Nice area.

dada
03-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Ahhhhh...get it. I remember where it was now. Nice area.

Katyland? or Katy Land

My wife asked me "Why do you keep looking over HERE??"

If I could only walk to the Jack....boy o boy...lol

85Roughneck
03-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Katyland? or Katy Land

wouldn't that be cool! off the I-10 feeder road you can turn north either before the rice dryers or after ... one takes you in front of the stadium and the other takes you behind. the neighborhoods located near the stadium are all very nice IMO. the older homes are a bit west and the newer places are plentiful to the east of the Jack. it's all good. my sons neighbore hood is about 15-20 years old I think. the Jack has been there about 25 years by now. I played in the Jack when it was only 2-3 years old back in '86.

85Roughneck
03-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Katyland? or Katy Land

seriously man !!! now is the time to buy with the way the interest rates are and the housing market being down ... it's a great buyers market, but I state the obvious. holler at b.man ... he can hook you up I'm sure.

kttxboy1254
03-17-2009, 05:02 PM
http://www.bellevuefootball.com/

anyone know of a blog that WA fans post to? id like to hear their opinions... and maybe a lil friendly trash talk. this will be an exciting game.

dada
03-17-2009, 05:02 PM
anyone know of a blog that WA fans post to? id like to hear their opinions... and maybe a lil friendly trash talk. this will be an exciting game.

Check your PM's

Redhoss
03-17-2009, 05:05 PM

You da man. :D

E-Vol-ution
03-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Who made this article Flee?

Defending State Champions To Square Off

Bellevue (WA) vs. Katy (TX) on Sept. 12, 2009

Dallas, TX -- TITUS Sports Marketing announced today that it has arranged for a high school football game between arguably the top two programs west of the Mississippi River this decade: Bellevue (Washington) High School and Katy (Texas) High School.

Kickoff at Rhodes Stadium in Katy is set for 7 PM (Central) on Saturday, Sept. 12, 2009.

The Bellevue Wolverines have won seven 3A state championships, including six in the last eight seasons. In 2004, Bellevue knocked the biggest king in football history from its reign, ending Concord (Calif.) De La Salle’s winning streak at a record 151 games. Bellevue defeated another national power, Long Beach (Calif.) Poly, in 2005 and has an overall record of 4-0 against out-of-state competition.

The host Katy Tigers have won back-to-back 5A state championships and have played for a state title in four of the past six years, starting with a 16-15 victory over Southlake Carroll in 2003. Katy’s only out-of-state matchup has been a 31-6 triumph over Weston (Fla.) Cypress Bay last season. Cypress Bay, which plays at 6A as one of the nation’s largest high schools, did not lose another regular-season game and finished 11-2.

Katy’s Gary Joseph is 68-7 since being elevated to head coach in 2004, after a 22-year stay with the Tigers as an assistant. The Tigers are one of only 11 Texas high schools to win six state championships and in the 2008 book “Gridiron Dynasties,” Katy is highlighted as one of the nation’s top 12 high school football programs.

"We are very excited to be able to host a national-caliber program such as Bellevue,” Joseph said. “Playing Cypress Bay last year in front of a national TV audience and a Katy crowd proved to be an experience that both teams will remember. We look forward to that same type of excitement with Bellevue.”

Bellevue’s Butch Goncharoff is 100-8 since taking over as head coach in 2000, after a five-year stay with the Wolverines as an assistant. Goncharoff collected state titles in 2001, ’02, ’03, ’04, ’06 and ’08 and is the first coach in Washington state history to win four consecutive state championships.

“Texas high school football is known for exhibiting great traditions, great coaching, phenomenal skills and determination from their athletes, and Katy is certainly no exception,” Goncharoff said. “We are honored and excited to participate in a match-up against such an outstanding group of athletes.”

The match-up between Katy and Bellevue has been branded “Clash of Champions II.” In 2007, defending state champions Southlake (Texas) Carroll and Miami (Fla.) Northwestern played in Dallas in the “Clash of Champions.” The event attracted a sellout crowd of more than 31,000 fans at Ford Stadium in Dallas and was labeled by national media as the biggest game in the history of high school football.

Ticket information for the Clash of Champions II will be released later this spring.

pied
03-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Nobody is talking about them ending the longest streak in HSfootball history knocknig off DLS?

Don't recall the exact circumstances, but I am fairly certain they were at least accused of recruiting shenanigans/or it was alluded to.

15 years ago facing the Wing T around here was probably no big deal, but these days I can see where a well executed offense could be trouble for some teams.

steeler 01
03-17-2009, 05:58 PM
15 years ago facing the Wing T around here was probably no big deal, but these days I can see where a well executed offense could be trouble for some teams.

I see them giving any defense trouble. Their line play is usually awesome.

Hitman49
03-17-2009, 06:19 PM

Steeler- we know Katy will need to play the best ball of the year to beat this Bellevue Team.

Steeler would love for all Texas schools to get beat against OSC regardless of who is playing.

Hitman49
03-17-2009, 06:27 PM

Steeler- we don't care what state they are from. Just like most teams that come to Texas, we are confident in knowing that they will go home with the "L"

rwilleby
03-17-2009, 06:30 PM
I see them giving any defense trouble. Their line play is usually awesome.

Do they have more speed and are they bigger than our guys...

1BAD3V
03-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Check your PM's

Dada-

Can you PM that to me as well?
Thanks!!

Hitman49
03-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Do they have more speed and are they bigger than our guys...

They will have good team. However, nothing Katy does not see about 12 times every single year..

rwilleby
03-17-2009, 06:40 PM
They will have good team. However, nothing Katy does not see about 12 times every single year..

Good... Because I didn't want to go down that "you've not played a team with this speed or size" road... I expect them to be a challenge... We like those in Katy... Butt kicking, well not so much... Ha!

ktCarl
03-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Who is Katy playing in place of Cy-Bay?

Fleeman93
03-17-2009, 08:14 PM

Bellevue Washtington.

ktCarl
03-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Bellevue Washtington.

I was just throwing a curve ball. It turned out to be a stinker..sinker.

F18mustang
03-17-2009, 08:35 PM

I saw what you did there.....

rwilleby
03-17-2009, 08:38 PM
I saw what you did there.....

And I know where you live..........

(Carl)

KT2000
03-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Give Bellevue props for stepping up. They will be playing a school twice their size (enrollment) on the road. This is one heck of an undertaking for them.

SLC
03-17-2009, 08:42 PM

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=230&f=1142

F18mustang
03-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Give Bellevue props for stepping up. They will be playing a school twice their size (enrollment) on the road. This is one heck of an undertaking for them.

Will this be the first time they have ventured out of Seattle for a OOS game?

rwilleby
03-17-2009, 08:47 PM

I think most of us do... We're just having a little fun in the off season...

There are no cake walks and when the clock starts it's 48 minutes of Texas High School Football... We'll show them the proper courtesy, just like we always do, when the time comes... But until then... It's fun and games...

It is nice to have the slot filled after the Florida team dropped out...

svhorns
03-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Anyone willing to bet that Dfranchise=DADA on the message board link that SLC posted.

SLC
03-17-2009, 08:51 PM

No.

rwilleby
03-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Anyone willing to bet that Dfranchise=DADA on the message board link that SLC posted.

I can tell by the way he writes... Ha! That guy never works... Sweet job...

SLC
03-17-2009, 08:55 PM

Sho nuff looks like it.

KT2000
03-17-2009, 09:03 PM

I'm not sure (they've played Cali schools), but I guarantee you it'll be the first time they've experienced Gulf Coast humidity in September. They won't be able to simulate that in Seattle.

twcpfan1
03-17-2009, 09:05 PM
I just looked at that Message Board that was linked by SLC. Looks like they may have travelled to Hawaii in the past.

Canes0177
03-17-2009, 09:53 PM
dfranchise is annoying.

Katy has played Oak Ridge and Cypress Bay so facing Bellevue's Wing T won't be a big deal?

Oct271986
03-17-2009, 10:09 PM
I found this link...

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/east_king/bel/sports/41383639.html

probably where the OP got the info...

F18mustang
03-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Found this bit on Wikipedia:

Prior to winning the 2008 state championship, the Bellevue football team was involved in a rollover bus crash several hours prior to playing the Capital Cougars (Olympia, WA) in the state semi-finals in the Tacoma Dome (Tacoma, WA)[15]. The accident delayed the game for three days as the Bellevue Wolverines went on to defeat the Capital Cougars in the state semi-finals.

Wow.

62tiger
03-17-2009, 10:57 PM
dfranchise is annoying.

Katy has played Oak Ridge and Cypress Bay so facing Bellevue's Wing T won't be a big deal?

And P Ville, A&M Consol, K Taylor a few years........All he is saying is that Katys style of D works really well against that type of O.

Should be a great game and a great test for both teams.

twcpfan1
03-17-2009, 11:18 PM
And P Ville, A&M Consol, K Taylor a few years........All he is saying is that Katys style of D works really well against that type of O.

Katy won't be tested much. Not saying Bellevue aren't a good team but let's be realistic. It's a small WA school travelling to a hostile Texas environment in early September. Maybe if the game was in WA or in a neutral state, then they might have a chance.

Dynastybegan86
03-18-2009, 12:33 AM
This is a trap game for Katy!:cool:

steeler 01
03-18-2009, 02:49 AM

A good Bellevue team= A top 5 team in any state.

steeler 01
03-18-2009, 03:22 AM
Katy won't be tested much. Not saying Bellevue aren't a good team but let's be realistic. It's a small WA school travelling to a hostile Texas environment in early September. Maybe if the game was in WA or in a neutral state, then they might have a chance.

http://www.gametapes.com/mediaplayer/gametapes-video-player_DEV.php?pid=92&cid=2

BDB
03-18-2009, 03:26 AM
i'm not gonna lie...they look like a good RGV football team....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Efy8oxDz0

i would really like to say they could give DADA some sleepless nights, but i don't see it...not compared to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf4EsKMpEDo

i will give bellevue's o-line credit. they are blatantly fast.

steeler 01
03-18-2009, 06:08 AM
i'm not gonna lie...they look like a good RGV football team....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Efy8oxDz0

i would really like to say they could give DADA some sleepless nights, but i don't see it...not compared to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf4EsKMpEDo

i will give bellevue's o-line credit. they are blatantly fast.

Here's their 04 team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXga16J3yVg&feature=related

rwilleby
03-18-2009, 06:47 AM
2004? No relevance to 2009... I'll wait for DaDa to get up so he can post the Katy links... Here's one that is relevant to 2009...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0seWCu-w0Uk

SLC93
03-18-2009, 06:54 AM
Katy will win this game for many of the reasons that have been stated. Make no mistake, though, it will be a an absolute dogfight. For all the purists out there Bellevue will be a joy to watch. They are absolutely one of the most fundamentally sound teams you will ever see. They just do not beat themselves. As for their wing T? Do not think this is a marketing ploy. They run the most precise wing T you'll ever se or have seen. It's really a thng of beauty. I think they'll give Katy all they want. In the end depth will become an issue, as will the travel and the humidity but do not think that even a prepared Katy team is just going to walk all over these cats.

No chance I can make this game in person but I'll be cheering my Texas born heart out for the Tigers. Make us proud, Red!

KT2000
03-18-2009, 06:57 AM
http://www.gametapes.com/mediaplayer/gametapes-video-player_DEV.php?pid=92&cid=2

How'd they manage to get both DLS and LBP up to Seattle? You'd think the Cali schools would make them travel or meet halfway somewhere.

dada
03-18-2009, 07:13 AM

Dada is Dada

rwilleby
03-18-2009, 07:20 AM
Dada is Dada

So you're saying that is not you? :eek:

dada
03-18-2009, 07:24 AM
So you're saying that is not you? :eek:

Not me! Canes say that guy was annoying...ME annoying? not possible.

And I refuse to make a prediction on this game until North Shore and Woodz games are done.

jesse
03-18-2009, 07:25 AM

Dead on as usual Steeler. If Goncharaff didn't like Bellevue's chances, he would not schedule the game. Heck I was one of those who thought DLS had #152 in the bag after the first series. Bellevue did not even attempt a forward pass the entire game! Rushed for over 400 yards. As for Poly, their super athletes were physically beaten down by the Wolverines.

I hope Katy wins, but they better pack their lunch and play posession football,otherwise Bellevue will grind it out and Katy won't see the football.

dada
03-18-2009, 07:28 AM
Dead on as usual Steeler. If Goncharaff didn't like Bellevue's chances, he would not schedule the game. Heck I was one of those who thought DLS had #152 in the bag after the first series. Bellevue did not even attempt a forward pass the entire game! Rushed for over 400 yards. As for Poly, their super athletes were physically beaten down by the Wolverines.

I hope Katy wins, but they better pack their lunch and play posession football,otherwise Bellevue will grind it out and Katy won't see the football.

Again....I havent seen anyone...Katy fan atleast underestimate Bellevue.

The flip side to this story is....will Bellevue be able to stop Katy's offense? Playing from behind in the Wing T against Katy's run defense can be a problem also.

jesse
03-18-2009, 07:28 AM

Sounds like all those doubting Thomas posts on Cal-Hi back in 2004. While I certainly hope Katy wins, this will be a gut check for them. Any team that destroys DLS and Poly in consecutive years has a program. Not a flash in the pan.

dada
03-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Sounds like all those doubting Thomas posts on Cal-Hi back in 2004. While I certainly hope Katy wins, this will be a gut check for them. Any team that destroys DLS and Poly in consecutive years has a program. Not a flash in the pan.

katy's 3rd gut check in as many weeks. They will know what kind of season they will have after week 0

jesse
03-18-2009, 07:42 AM
katy's 3rd gut check in as many weeks. They will know what kind of season they will have after week 0

Katy has nothing to prove. They answered the bell in 08 with pride and poise at a time when many teams would have gone home.2008 was a gold medal season for the coaching staff.

As for playing a school twice their size, I believe LB-Poly has approx 4800, se Bellevue has been there and done that.

KT2000
03-18-2009, 07:42 AM

I don't doubt the quality of what they've accomplished, but travelling 2400 miles to play a school twice their size is an unbelievable challenge. And that isn't even factoring in the conditions they'll be dealing with. Even Cypress Bay complained about the heat last year and that was in October.

I can't imagine how a team from Seattle will adjust to playing in early September afternoon conditions.

I will give them all of the props in the world if they are able to travel down here and give Katy a fight.

twcpfan1
03-18-2009, 07:46 AM
How'd they manage to get both DLS and LBP up to Seattle? You'd think the Cali schools would make them travel or meet halfway somewhere.

They wanted to hit the Vancouver bars after. Most of them would be old enough to drink there.

rwilleby
03-18-2009, 07:46 AM
The last team our boys took for granted was TWHS... That's not a lesson that will be easily forgotten... I expect Katy will come into 2009 looking to make a huge statement... As usual the target is big and the first four games are against some serious football programs... Damn, it's still March...

KT2000
03-18-2009, 07:52 AM
As for playing a school twice their size, I believe LB-Poly has approx 4800, se Bellevue has been there and done that.

I don't think that is comparable to what they'll be doing in September. They got both DLS and Poly in their own backyard.

A hot day in Seattle is anything over 75 degrees.

twcpfan1
03-18-2009, 07:54 AM

Early losses have never been indicative of playoff success. You guys tell us that all the time.

Not sure what the safeguards are against recruiting in WA. But there were allegations when Bellevue broke DLS's record. Of course a private school making those accusations is laughable at best. But if Bellevue is some kind of all star team, then they might have a chance. Otherwise, too many odds to overcome before we even start talking about the opposition.

dada
03-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Katy has nothing to prove. They answered the bell in 08 with pride and poise at a time when many teams would have gone home.2008 was a gold medal season for the coaching staff.

Yes they do....They were embarrassed last season...they have a lot to prove and from talking to some of the players, they seem to have a chip on their shoulder....Losing to North Shore...being Blown out by The Woodlands and losing to a Katy isd school for the first time in YEARS......they have lots of prove.

Bellevue beating LB Poly will help them just as much as Katy beating the Woodlands 45-6 with Aundre Dean and Bo Levi Mitchell helped them this season.

After the Cy-bay game last year a lot of people played the travel excuse...so it WON'T play a part here? Not saying it won't be competitive...I know it will.

dada
03-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Early losses have never been indicative of playoff success. You guys tell us that all the time.

Not sure what the safeguards are against recruiting in WA. But there were allegations when Bellevue broke DLS's record. Of course a private school making those accusations is laughable at best. But if Bellevue is some kind of all star team, then they might have a chance. Otherwise, too many odds to overcome before we even start talking about the opposition.

Like weather and humidity?....Experiencing that for the first time will be a battle in itself....

twcpfan1
03-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Like weather and humidity?....Experiencing that for the first time will be a battle in itself....

Absolutely. What time is the game? Hope it's not 2pm or something.

rwilleby
03-18-2009, 07:59 AM

7pm... I like that better than the 2:00 on Saturday...

dada
03-18-2009, 08:00 AM

7 pm...that was the schedueled time for the Cy-Bay game also....until Katy went 0-2....lol

I don't care who you are...I don't expect a team to show up at Rhodes and just roll Katy...3 hours before the game Bellevue will come out for a walk through, feel the heat and see half the stadium already full....and the butterflies will set in.....we forget these are 16-17 year old kids....to say that won't affect them is crazy.

twcpfan1
03-18-2009, 08:01 AM

I might try and get out there if TWCP aren't playing. The cooler conditions will help Bellevue. (some)

KT2000
03-18-2009, 08:03 AM

The Cy Bay game was at 2. They had to play then because of TV conflicts with college football on Saturday night. If they changed it to 7 then that will help Bellevue some, but the temps would still be upper 70s with high humidity.

twcpfan1
03-18-2009, 08:04 AM
The Cy Bay game was at 2. They had to play then because of TV conflicts with college football on Saturday night. If they changed it to 7 then that will help Bellevue some, but the temps would still be upper 70s with high humidity.

Rain could be a big equalizer

dada
03-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Rain could be a big equalizer

Not unless you are expecting lots of Passing..lol

SLC
03-18-2009, 08:07 AM
I just looked at that Message Board that was linked by SLC. Looks like they may have travelled to Hawaii in the past.

Also to Oregon.

jesse
03-18-2009, 08:11 AM
"Even Cypress Bay complained about the heat last year and that was in October".

Cy-Bay whining about the heat and humidity even in Oct. is laughable. As if South Florida were temperate;). Sounds like a flippant excuse for getting waxed. Guandola is always good for an excuse or 2.Not suprised that attitude filtered down to his players.

SLC
03-18-2009, 08:15 AM

They played at Quest Field..not there own stadium...thats at least somewhat fair and more fair than playing on a teams home field.

SLC93
03-18-2009, 08:16 AM

I'll give you two out of three. Didn't the Woodz graduate everyone?

dada
03-18-2009, 08:17 AM
They played at Quest Field..not there own stadium...thats at least somewhat fair and more fair than playing on a teams home field.

That's like saying they Played at Tully....lol

dada
I'll give you two out of three. Didn't the Woodz graduate everyone?

Daniel Lasco and a Monster Oline returns.

KT2000
I'll be interested to compare Bellevue's way of playing to what I've seen in Texas and other states. They will be the first non-California school I've seen from the West Coast.

rwilleby
How the weather compares...
http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/weddings/setthedate/average/compare?from=wed_setdate_compare&clocid1=USTX0673&clocid2=USWA0027

SLC93
03-18-2009, 08:18 AM

John Curtis compete well with Trinity last season despite being 100x smaller. They may not translate to our perceptions but there is a reason these schools dominate their states.

dada
03-18-2009, 08:18 AM
How the weather compares...
http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/weddings/setthedate/average/compare?from=wed_setdate_compare&clocid1=USTX0673&clocid2=USWA0027

Ouch!

dada
03-18-2009, 08:19 AM
John Curtis compete well with Trinity last season despite being 100x smaller. They may not translate to our perceptions but there is a reason these schools dominate their states.

In Public vs Private can you really compare enrollments? This would be more like Trinity vs Celina.

KT2000
03-18-2009, 08:19 AM

JC is also a private factory. Bellevue is a public school, but I don't know how strict Washington is with transfers.

rwilleby
03-18-2009, 08:20 AM
and vs. Cy-Bay...
http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/weddings/setthedate/average/compare?from=wed_setdate_compare&clocid1=USTX0673&clocid2=USFL0590

twcpfan1
03-18-2009, 08:21 AM

I'd have insisted on an indoor game.

rwilleby
03-18-2009, 08:22 AM
I think it'll be a factor... But we'll be ready to play...

SLC93
03-18-2009, 08:22 AM

:D Recruiting allegations from a private school :D

To be fair, and realizing this is an entirely different animal than SLC/MNW, the exact same comment was made by many people regarding MNW.

KT2000
03-18-2009, 08:23 AM
They may not translate to our perceptions but there is a reason these schools dominate their states.

It is easy to see they are well coached and know how to execute the smoke and mirrors of that particular offense. Most states have a few programs who dominate. The balance of talent isn't as widespread in most places, especially in a state like Washington where there aren't as many densely populated areas.

SLC93
03-18-2009, 08:27 AM

Again, I think you have a point but are we refering to the power of "Texas Heat"? Obviously it's a bigger possible factor against a team from Seattle but many people were using this as an impact factor for MNW but, for the most part, it wasn't. There were some lengthy, well timed cramps at the end of the game but. for the most part, it wasn't an issue. I know it's not exactly apples to apples but it is similar.

twcpfan1
03-18-2009, 08:31 AM
Again, I think you have a point but are we refering to the power of "Texas Heat"? Obviously it's a bigger possible factor against a team from Seattle but many people were using this as an impact factor for MNW but, for the most part, it wasn't. There were some lengthy, well timed cramps at the end of the game but. for the most part, it wasn't an issue. I know it's not exactly apples to apples but it is similar.

Nowhere near apples to apples. I've been to Miami and Gainesville and lived in Seattle. Anything above 70 in WA, they start whining about the heat. Floridians can handle the DFW heat alright.

KT2000
03-18-2009, 08:32 AM

That was a dumb comparison for a team from Miami. I remember laughing at that one. I think the cramps were more due to the fact they were playing a tough game after traveling a good distance rather than the actual weather conditions. It was the first (or second?) game for both teams, so neither one was in game condition yet.

rwilleby

You don't have "timely" cramps if it's not a factor... Don't remember the final score but that's cheating in my book...

SLC93
In Public vs Private can you really compare enrollments? This would be more like Trinity vs Celina.

JC is also a private factory. Bellevue is a public school, but I don't know how strict Washington is with transfers.

I'll grant you the private aspect of JC but they weren't sporting a strong group of players, from a recruitment perspective, last season so I think that particular argument isn't as strong as it may be in another year. The similarities are in being extremely well coached and running an old school offense to perfection.

KT2000
03-18-2009, 08:34 AM
I'll grant you the private aspect of JC but they weren't sporting a strong group of players, from a recruitment perspective, last season so I think that particular argument isn't as strong as it may be in another year. The similarities are in being extremely well coached and running an old school offense to perfection.

Katy's pretty darn good at the execution thing as well. ;) It'll be an interesting game to see for a comparison of championship programs from opposite corners of the country.

SLC93
03-18-2009, 08:37 AM
You don't have "timely" cramps if it's not a factor... Don't remember the final score but that's cheating in my book...

NOT A HIJACK - ONE TIME RESPONSE :D

Lets just say that late in that game as Carroll was upping the tempo and moving the ball several MNW defenders chose to get cramps. I say this because many of them occured on 3rd down and they spent an ungodly amount of time down on the field, actually refusing to get treatment on the sideline. That is all. :D

KT2000
03-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Lets just say that late in that game as Carroll was upping the tempo and moving the ball several MNW defenders chose to get cramps. I say this because many of them occured on 3rd down and they spent an ungodly amount of time down on the field, actually refusing to get treatment on the sideline. That is all. :D

The Italian national calcio team usually reserves the right to those tactics. :notworthy

The officials were a little too lenient with the amount of time they gave MNW in my opinion. I hadn't seen those kind of delays before.

SLC93
03-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Nowhere near apples to apples. I've been to Miami and Gainesville and lived in Seattle. Anything above 70 in WA, they start whining about the heat. Floridians can handle the DFW heat alright.

If the game is in the evening, though, this is far less of a factor. Also, these kids likely do not hang out in the coffee shop, reading the New Yorker and waxing poetic about the denegration of Cobain. They are highly condition athletes who play for the best program that state has ever had. Couple theat with the fact that they are a ground bound, physical team and I think they will be fine. Now, if the good Lord decides to turn up the heat in the Chicken Fried Nation, well ...... :D

SLC93
03-18-2009, 08:42 AM
I'll be interested to compare Bellevue's way of playing to what I've seen in Texas and other states. They will be the first non-California school I've seen from the West Coast.

You're going to love it for several reasons. First, it will be a great game. Second, it will be a Katy victory. Third, it's the most well executed wing T i've ever seen, really fun to watch.

rwilleby
03-18-2009, 08:43 AM

NOT A HIJACK RESPONSE!

Yep, we know what was going on... Everyone in our Katy group gathered to watch and the comments were along the same lines...

Hopefully both teams will be ready for action... Being the third game we'll have plenty of action from NS and TWHS... If we're not ready to play ball by then, well... The "after-party" won't be as much fun... We have high expectations...

SLC93
03-18-2009, 08:44 AM
That was a dumb comparison for a team from Miami. I remember laughing at that one. I think the cramps were more due to the fact they were playing a tough game after traveling a good distance rather than the actual weather conditions. It was the first (or second?) game for both teams, so neither one was in game condition yet.

I never lol'd but it was because I was too :confused:'d to.

SLC93
03-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Katy's pretty darn good at the execution thing as well. ;) It'll be an interesting game to see for a comparison of championship programs from opposite corners of the country.

They're aight ....... :D

dada
03-18-2009, 08:46 AM

If I remember correctly, I remember A MNW player trying to limp off the field and the coach told him to lay down...I was confused because he stayed in the game and I thought he had to sit out a play or they would be charged with a time out.....

I could be wrong though..it's been 2 seasons.

twcpfan1
03-18-2009, 08:48 AM
NOT A HIJACK RESPONSE!

Yep, we know what was going on... Everyone in our Katy group gathered to watch and the comments were along the same lines...

Hopefully both teams will be ready for action... Being the third game we'll have plenty of action from NS and TWHS... If we're not ready to play ball by then, well... The "after-party" won't be as much fun... We have high expectations...

Another HIJACK Response.

I've always said that the spread offense is pushing the envelope of the 'set before the snap' rule and gets an unfair advantage. The responses have always been, it's the rules and if you don't like it, write the UIL. Same applies here. There is no rule about set time limits for cramps recovery, is that right?

dada
03-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Another HIJACK Response.

I've always said that the spread offense is pushing the envelope of the 'set before the snap' rule and gets an unfair advantage. The responses have always been, it's the rules and if you don't like it, write the UIL. Same applies here. There is no rule about set time limits for cramps recovery, is that right?

I don't think there's a rule if there is a legitmate injury...but if you can get off the field....get off.

twcpfan1
03-18-2009, 08:54 AM
I don't think there's a rule if there is a legitmate injury...but if you can get off the field....get off.

It did not seem like they had any intention of doing that from what people describe. It's gamesmanship in both cases anyway. Only difference is, one is sanctioned and the other ...well ..it's a conscience thing. But it aint tennis or cricket.

dada
03-18-2009, 09:01 AM
It did not seem like they had any intention of doing that from what people describe. It's gamesmanship in both cases anyway. Only difference is, one is sanctioned and the other ...well ..it's a conscience thing. But it aint tennis or cricket.

Yep...kinda like grazing a guy on the belt line in boxing and they guy takes the full 5 minutes because he's getting his A@@ handed to him

The King
03-18-2009, 09:45 AM
I think this is a trap game for Katy, Bellevue looked pretty sharp in their execution.

Having said that Im hoping for an indian summer and a 2pm kickoff. Their is still time for that to change.

Sure it maybe a hot game to watch, but after looking at that temp comparison hot for me would be hell for bellevue.

Realistically I think 85 would be the best temp. 10 degrees more that bellevue has ever experienced and cool enough for most in houston to think its pleasant outside.

slcdragonfan
03-18-2009, 10:20 AM
I think this is a trap game for Katy, Bellevue looked pretty sharp in their execution.

Having said that Im hoping for an indian summer and a 2pm kickoff. Their is still time for that to change.

Sure it maybe a hot game to watch, but after looking at that temp comparison hot for me would be hell for bellevue.

Realistically I think 85 would be the best temp. 10 degrees more that bellevue has ever experienced and cool enough for most in houston to think its pleasant outside.

What day is this being held? Maybe we can go look up the average temp in Houston by hour by day and find out what to expect....

dada
03-18-2009, 10:21 AM
What day is this being held? Maybe we can go look up the average temp in Houston by hour by day and find out what to expect....

Sept. 12th

rwilleby
03-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Sounds like this has all of the making of a classic tailgating game!!

slcdragonfan
03-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Sept. 12th
Houston
Records and Averages for September
Month Avg Low Avg High Avg Precip Record Low Record High
Sep 12 71° 90° 0.16 cm 60° (1959) 96° (2002)

Couldn't get the humidity numbers (easily). So considering that the hottest part of the day is usually around 3-4pm, an 85 degree temp is definitely reasonable. I am in fact surprised. I though it would be hotter. What would be nice is an average over the past 10 years.

Seattle has humidity, but not with heat. It will be a factor, esp in the 4th Q. Hope they can come down a day or two early to acclimate weather and time.

SLC
03-18-2009, 10:46 AM
That's like saying they Played at Tully....lol

Not there home field though, same as it was for Carroll/MNW at Ford Field.

dada
03-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Not there home field though, same as it was for Carroll/MNW at Ford Field.

True...playing at Rhodes will be a BIG factor and intimidating.

SLC
03-18-2009, 10:51 AM
The Italian national calcio team usually reserves the right to those tactics. :notworthy

The officials were a little too lenient with the amount of time they gave MNW in my opinion. I hadn't seen those kind of delays before.

Also while those players were down on the field and the refs were right there by them, the coaches were all the way out there on the field with the other players giving them instructions...I mean all the way out to mid field down by the 30 yard line one time.

SLC
03-18-2009, 10:56 AM
You're going to love it for several reasons. First, it will be a great game. Second, it will be a Katy victory. Third, it's the most well executed wing T i've ever seen, really fun to watch.

Nowhere near the best execution of the wing T...They are almost flawless at it, but Gordon Wood's Brownwood teams executed it to perfection. And Jerry Vances teams are pretty damn close as well.

Canes0177
03-18-2009, 11:03 AM

I understand what he's trying to say. But it's still silly.

I'm sure plenty of De La Salle's victims had seen the Wing before they played the Spartans. Didn't mean a damn thing.

Cypress Bay was a 6 year old school in the 2nd year running the Wing T. I think Bellevue is going to be a bit more efficient with it.

Fleeman93
03-18-2009, 11:11 AM

I'm sure plenty of De La Salle's victims had seen the Wing before they played the Spartans. Didn't mean a damn thing.

Cypress Bay was a 6 year old school in the 2nd year running the Wing T. I think Bellevue is going to be a bit more efficient with it.

Do you think they will have the same athletes?

Canes0177
03-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Do you think they will have the same athletes?

I don't know.

I don't recall Katy having many exceptional athletes. So I don't think Bellevue will need that many either.

They just need a few bruising fullbacks and a scat back or two to go along with their QB and they'll be fine.

SLC
03-18-2009, 11:27 AM
I don't know.

I don't recall Katy having many exceptional athletes. So I don't think Bellevue will need that many either.

They just need a few bruising fullbacks and a scat back or two to go along with their QB and they'll be fine.

So true.

I dont recall Bellevue having the same athletes that LBP and DLS had either. Didn't matter, the result was a loss for both.

agmc27
03-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Wow....Bellevue sends a lot of guys D1 every year. I think they were the ones who ended De La Salle's 151 game winning streak back in '03. This is Katy's chance to show the nation what they can do. Cy-Bay was no Bellevue.

SamRizzle
03-18-2009, 12:07 PM
If I heard right, I don't think Bellevue will have many (if any) D-1's from next years squad.

Fleeman93
03-18-2009, 12:15 PM
I don't know.

I meant the same athletes as Cy Bay.

dada
03-18-2009, 12:18 PM
If I heard right, I don't think Bellevue will have many (if any) D-1's from next years squad.

They seem(based on film) similar to Katy...Not Many D1 guys, but they execute.

The King
03-18-2009, 12:52 PM
They seem(based on film) similar to Katy...Not Many D1 guys, but they execute.

Im not sure the few crowd shots I saw in that video are acurate, but they looked awful sparse in that large stadium. If they Katy crowd shows up early and loud (like Mayde Creek a few years ago or FM Marcus last year) they could be a factor in the game. It might be a new experience for Bellevue.

Does anyone know what their average attendance is?

SLC93
03-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Nowhere near the best execution of the wing T...They are almost flawless at it, but Gordon Wood's Brownwood teams executed it to perfection. And Jerry Vances teams are pretty damn close as well.

I'd say the differences, if there are any, between those Brownwood team's and the way they execute versus Bellevue are so small they would be near indiscernable. Vance has got a good thing going, too, no doubt but I think there is a noticeable difference between where they're at and where Bellevue is/Brownwood was.

SLC93
03-18-2009, 12:57 PM

DLS is a primary veer team but your point is well taken.;)

pied
03-18-2009, 01:12 PM
I'd say the differences, if there are any, between those Brownwood team's and the way they execute versus Bellevue are so small they would be near indiscernable. Vance has got a god thing going, too, no doubt but I think there is a noticeable difference between where they're at and where Bellevue is/Brownwood was.

Watch out Katy then.

steeler 01
03-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Im not sure the few crowd shots I saw in that video are acurate, but they looked awful sparse in that large stadium. If they Katy crowd shows up early and loud (like Mayde Creek a few years ago or FM Marcus last year) they could be a factor in the game. It might be a new experience for Bellevue.

Does anyone know what their average attendance is?

Bellevue has played in front of 20k fans plenty of times,the last couple of years. The crowd will not be a factor.

SLC93
03-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Watch out Katy then.

:mad::D ..... amazing what the omission of one little letter can do. ;)

steeler 01
03-18-2009, 01:41 PM

I agree with that.

BDB
03-18-2009, 02:11 PM
ive been watching the video's being posted, and no doubt they are a solid team. that o-line is what's either gonna win it or keep it close for them. but, i was noticing those guards and center pretty much leap forward with thier head straight down... and i never saw anyone try to "swap n swim" (in this situation, head slap) 'em. at worst you run a 3-4, let your DL take up space and have have some blitzing schemes in the LB corps.

maybe people have done that to 'em, but i didn't see it when i payed attention to the videos.

ftballin11
03-18-2009, 02:12 PM

Katy has played much better Wing-T teams than Cy-Bay. For starters P-ville in the state title game. Im not gunna say they run it as precise as Bellevue but i bet they had way more talent. 28-7 Katy victory

Or In 06' AMC was a top 5 team in the state Katy was in rebuilding mode and I believe we held them to 3 points.

Point being I cant remember the last time The Wing-T worked against us.

The Key to stopping it is stop the flow of the pulling guards and the line backers playing smart discilpen football. Luckily Katy will have alot of returning experience at the LB position.

The one thin im worried about is the inexperience at the QB position. The only years Katy gets off to a fast start is years that they had a returning QB. Hopefully the O-line has enough returning experience to allow the running game carry us while we develop the passing game.

ftballin11
03-18-2009, 02:16 PM
ive been watching the video's being posted, and no doubt they are a solid team. that o-line is what's either gonna win it or keep it close for them. but, i was noticing those guards and center pretty much leap forward with thier head straight down... and i never saw anyone try to "swap n swim" (in this situation, head slap) 'em. at worst you run a 3-4, let your DL take up space and have have some blitzing schemes in the LB corps.

maybe people have done that to 'em, but i didn't see it when i payed attention to the videos.

I wonder what the differences are in the rules between TX and WA. Like can they cut block in WA. I know that Katy really uses it in there system, so if they havent seen it , then it may pose a problem.

BDB
03-18-2009, 02:20 PM
I wonder what the differences are in the rules between TX and WA. Like can they cut block in WA. I know that Katy really uses it in there system, so if they havent seen it , then it may pose a problem.

that's a good question.... a katy poster should look it up. *cough r2d200 cough*

dada
03-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Bellevue has played in front of 20k fans plenty of times,the last couple of years. The crowd will not be a factor.

Not according to some bellevue fans.

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm not sure (they've played Cali schools), but I guarantee you it'll be the first time they've experienced Gulf Coast humidity in September. They won't be able to simulate that in Seattle.

be tough to line up the O-line let alone run a post pattern in a 10' x 10' sauna ... well, maybe if you move the rock pile to the corner of the room. ;):D

slcdragonfan
03-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Katy has played much better Wing-T teams than Cy-Bay. For starters P-ville in the state title game. Im not gunna say they run it as precise as Bellevue but i bet they had way more talent. 28-7 Katy victory

Or In 06' AMC was a top 5 team in the state Katy was in rebuilding mode and I believe we held them to 3 points.

Point being I cant remember the last time The Wing-T worked against us.

The Key to stopping it is stop the flow of the pulling guards and the line backers playing smart discilpen football. Luckily Katy will have alot of returning experience at the LB position.

The one thin im worried about is the inexperience at the QB position. The only years Katy gets off to a fast start is years that they had a returning QB. Hopefully the O-line has enough returning experience to allow the running game carry us while we develop the passing game.

Wasn't that two years ago?;) Players are different, game will be different. I see it as a very good game, with them playing into Katy's defensive strength. Should be really good.

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 03:04 PM
A good Bellevue team= A top 5 team in any state.

eeeh ... notsomuch. :cool:

ftballin11
03-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Wasn't that two years ago?;) Players are different, game will be different. I see it as a very good game, with them playing into Katy's defensive strength. Should be really good.

It's not the players that shuts it down, it's the scheme. I figured an SLC fan could understand that.;):D

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Katy will win this game for many of the reasons that have been stated. Make no mistake, though, it will be a an absolute dogfight. For all the purists out there Bellevue will be a joy to watch. They are absolutely one of the most fundamentally sound teams you will ever see. They just do not beat themselves. As for their wing T? Do not think this is a marketing ploy. They run the most precise wing T you'll ever se or have seen. It's really a thng of beauty. I think they'll give Katy all they want. In the end depth will become an issue, as will the travel and the humidity but do not think that even a prepared Katy team is just going to walk all over these cats.

No chance I can make this game in person but I'll be cheering my Texas born heart out for the Tigers. Make us proud, Red!

No problem Green, wish you could be there though. Thanks for the support from the north.

slcdragonfan
03-18-2009, 03:09 PM
It's not the players that shuts it down, it's the scheme. I figured an SLC fan could understand that.;):D

lol, well, I guess I'll just stop right there then.

well, maybe not. Being from Pasadena, do you think we could somehow get that scheme going over there? Sam Rayburn in particular....

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 03:09 PM
And I refuse to make a prediction on this game until North Shore and Woodz games are done.

skeered ... :rolleyes:

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 03:11 PM

does Bellevue have a good punter? :cool:

ftballin11
03-18-2009, 03:14 PM

well, maybe not. Being from Pasadena, do you think we could somehow get that scheme going over there? Sam Rayburn in particular....

Sure all you gotta do is higher Coach Joseph. Good luck.:D

ftballin11
03-18-2009, 03:15 PM
does Bellevue have a good punter? :cool:

What about Kickoff returner.:D We should see alot of him.

dada
03-18-2009, 03:30 PM
skeered ... :rolleyes:

Not scared....just can't afford to think past two HUGE roadblocks...lol

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 03:30 PM

instead of cramps, the "injury" (wink wink) ... will be unknown and could be construed as a torn or stretched ligament or what have you ... A coach that pulls this kind of stunt will be creative enough to make it work to his advantage.

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Sounds like this has all of the making of a classic tailgating game!!

I'm in !!! ;)

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 03:33 PM
[quote=SLC;1145607] Gordon Wood of Brownwood quote]

now that right thar is a legendary coach, my friend. ;)

Bass
03-18-2009, 03:39 PM

What about having no crowd? I don't imagine more than 50 fans would make that trip. Say a family of 3 flies out, that's over $350. That's one night in a motel 5 miles from Rhodes Stadium and doesn't include a rental car.

I've seen the DLS/Bellevue clips, and the crowd was huge, but do you think being in such a hostile environment with no crowd support would affect them at all?

dada
03-18-2009, 03:45 PM
What about having no crowd? I don't imagine more than 50 fans would make that trip. Say a family of 3 flies out, that's over $350. That's one night in a motel 5 miles from Rhodes Stadium and doesn't include a rental car.

I've seen the DLS/Bellevue clips, and the crowd was huge, but do you think being in such a hostile environment with no crowd support would affect them at all?

It will.....trust me.

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Watch out Katy then.

If it's the same God we Katy fans believe in then it'll be OK ... if it's not, weeeeeell ... then Bellevue has an even taller mountain to climb when they arrive in Texas. ;):D

Bass
03-18-2009, 03:48 PM
It will.....trust me.

We need to work on getting the visitor side just as packed with Katy fans as the home side. OK, let's convince Katy to win their first two games 50-0 and 70-0. That should generate some interest. What else can we do.?

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 03:48 PM
run a 3-4, let your DL take up space and have have some blitzing schemes in the LB corps.

sounds Red to me ... :D

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 03:51 PM

won't do any good bro, you know all of R3 sux regardless ... remember? ;):D

dada
03-18-2009, 03:51 PM
We need to work on getting the visitor side just as packed with Katy fans as the home side. OK, let's convince Katy to win their first two games 50-0 and 70-0. That should generate some interest. What else can we do.?

Throw a "Section" party on that side of the stadium?

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 03:52 PM
What about Kickoff returner.:D We should see alot of him.

yea buddy, that's the ticket !!! :D

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 03:54 PM

I wonder if they will bring their band ... hmmmm ... oh well no matter, we all know that the Katy crowd is a non-factor and the Tiger band is quiet at best.

:cool:

dada
03-18-2009, 03:59 PM
I wonder if they will bring their band ... hmmmm ... oh well no matter, we all know that the Katy crowd is a non-factor and the Tiger band is quiet at best.

:cool:

I doubt it...Cy-Bay brought like 20 people. Katy played their school song for them.

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Katy played their school song for them.

Now that right there is classy ...

rocketgrl94
03-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Now that right there is classy ...

yeah yeah classy ya'll are still a bunch of SEAT HAWGS!!!!!;)
just had to throw that in there :D

The King
03-18-2009, 04:08 PM

Tradition doesn't Graduate

A SLC supporter should know that.

dada
03-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Can anyone give me a reason why they think Bellevue will beat Katy, at Rhodes, traveling to Texas for the first time against what should be a solid defense, besides "They run the Wing T better than anyone"

I need more than that....seriously.

The King
03-18-2009, 04:12 PM

I imagine that tactic not working well against Katy, if they try it they will become well aquainted with the turf.

I thought the QB was a little low in his stance. Almost on his knees.

dada
03-18-2009, 04:14 PM
I imagine that tactic not working well against Katy, if they try it they will become well aquainted with the turf.

I thought the QB was a little low in his stance. Almost on his knees.

Narcisse and Bray will disrupt the ends......Barley,Clifton, Fisher and Champan will handle the rest....and by some reason they get past that......Mr.Holl will be patroling.

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 04:16 PM
yeah yeah classy ya'll are still a bunch of SEAT HAWGS!!!!!;)
just had to throw that in there :D

so we're classy seat hawgs ... and your problem with that is ???

;):D just funnin' ...

ftballin11
03-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Narcisse and Bray will disrupt the ends......Barley,Clifton, Fisher and Champan will handle the rest....and by some reason they get past that......Mr.Holl will be patroling.

Dont forget about Sampa in the middle.

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Mr.Holl will be patroling.

it's gonna be ugly ... I'll call that right here right now ... without hesitation. :cool:

dada
03-18-2009, 04:18 PM

Yeah...I left him out on purpose......if he's as HALF as good as Tapong...look out

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 04:22 PM

let's not forget that other Atwood kid, dude is gonna be a head hunter ... hell, for that matter, there's not really many names we should leave out. there's so many that are returning and so many that got plenty PT and there's no tellin' who is gonna step up from last years great JV team

... again, it's gonna get ugly, fellas ... real ugly ... I can't wait! :D

dada
03-18-2009, 04:24 PM
let's not forget that other Atwood kid, dude is gonna be a head hunter ... hell, for that matter, there's not really many names we should leave out. there's so many that are returning and so many that got plenty PT and there's no tellin' who is gonna step up from last years great JV team

what is 62tiger feeding his kids? has there ever been a bad football player named Colt?

ftballin11
03-18-2009, 04:27 PM

Whose the leading candidate for the opposite CB of Atwood? Thats really the only question mark on defense. I would guess Greg morris, but perhaps somebody who saw the JV last year could fill me in on up and coming talent.

dada
03-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Whose the leading candidate for the opposite CB of Atwood? Thats really the only question mark on defense. I would guess Greg morris, but perhaps somebody who saw the JV last year could fill me in on up and coming talent.

Morris moved to WR not sure...Atwood, Rose and Holl return.

ftballin11
03-18-2009, 04:28 PM
what is 62tiger feeding his kids? has there ever been a bad football player named Colt?

The oldest two didnt play. They were baseball boys. I think brett could have been a good skill position player.

85Roughneck
03-18-2009, 04:29 PM
what is 62tiger feeding his kids?

it's in there genes bro, 62 was tellin' me that his old man played in the NFL for the New York Giants back in the 40's. (if my memory serves me right) and 62 ain't no punk himself. dude has punched me in the arm a few times while saying hello and even though he has a few years on me he still packs a good punch. maybe 62 stays fit by workin' out in the garage service area at the dealership by bench pressing Lexus drivetrains ... who knows ... at any rate, the Atwood family has contributed much to the cause that is Katy tradition ... no doubt. ;)

dada
03-18-2009, 04:29 PM
The oldest two didnt play. They were baseball boys. I think brett could have been a good skill position player.

Wait....there were 4?

ftballin11
03-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Morris moved to WR not sure...Atwood, Rose and Holl return.

Yea for now. I think they want the deep threat. If not morris at CB then who are the likely candidates.

ftballin11
03-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Wait....there were 4?

5. If im not mistaken there is still 1 to come.