PDA

View Full Version : How the system of Government works

JMSFan
03-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Here's how the Gov't works

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House in D.C.; One from Illinois , one from Tennessee , and a third from Kentucky. They all go with a White House official to examine the fence.

The Tennessee contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil.

'Well', he says, 'I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Kentucky contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, 'I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Illinois contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers, '$2,700.'

The official, incredulous, whispers back, 'You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?'

The Illinois contractor whispers back, '$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire that guy from Kentucky to fix the fence.'

Firebird
03-13-2009, 10:05 AM

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House in D.C.; One from Illinois , one from Tennessee , and a third from Kentucky. They all go with a White House official to examine the fence.

The Tennessee contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil.

'Well', he says, 'I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Kentucky contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, 'I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Illinois contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers, '$2,700.'

The official, incredulous, whispers back, 'You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?'

The Illinois contractor whispers back, '$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire that guy from Kentucky to fix the fence.'

The last time I heard that one it was guys from Shereveport, Lafayette, and New Orleans all bidding to fix the staircase in the Baton Rouge government mansion....

dragonsdaddy
03-13-2009, 11:09 AM
The last time I heard that one it was guys from Shereveport, Lafayette, and New Orleans all bidding to fix the staircase in the Baton Rouge government mansion....
and likely equally applicable.

dragons08
03-13-2009, 11:11 AM
An abbreviated version:

It doesn't.

JagFan
03-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Unfortunately this more truth than joke.

15Adragon
03-13-2009, 12:05 PM
government begats corruption
corruption begats government
an infinite loop

When his ice cap melts, Al Gore will be the only one who can help us. :eek:

JMSFan
03-13-2009, 12:36 PM
government begats corruption
corruption begats government
an infinite loop

When his ice cap melts, Al Gore will be the only one who can help us. :eek:

Maybe he will build an ark for all of us.

CoveMom
03-13-2009, 02:44 PM
When his ice cap melts, we will likely find Al Gore standing where it used to be feeding a big bonfire..... :eek:

fify ;)

mad_fan
03-13-2009, 03:14 PM

I do that sorta thing...and I'm not bidding of government jobs...
It's called subcontracting...:eek: