PDA

View Full Version : Professions??

SeguinMatadors
12-15-2005, 12:44 AM
What do all of you guys do for a living?

I am just curious. Especially about people like Wide; man has six kids and manages to spend this much time on the board. Makes me wonder. Wide must have hit the lotto.

TheTwelffMan
12-15-2005, 01:31 AM
Nope constantly have several things going. Like right now...I am on here...but I am also helping my wife make goodie bags for my daughter's class for Christmas...and I have done 4 loads of laundry. And I have myself caught up at work so that in the morning I am ready to rock and roll.

I work with the state as a placement technician/job coach. I assist mentally challenged people in finding employment. Once I find them a job...I monitor their progress by going on the job with them for a few weeks. I keep a log and report back to the state on how they are coming along. After an assessment with the client...they determine whether or not this person still needs help on the job. If they don't....I just go back once a week and check up on them. I have a pretty good size caseload going at all times. Right now I have 5 clients that I am assisting....and 1 that is actually out in the workforce.

I still take the kids to school and pick them up. I still cook a couple of times a week. I put everybody to bed. I have time for everything.
But just because I am on here...doesn't mean I am only doing this...
I usually have at least 3 things going at the same time.

And my wife is awesome. Without her...none of these things would be possible.

And when I get bored...I convince an entire message board that I am a ******* aggy and let them laugh at me....

bwwwwwwwwwwwwahahahahahahahahahahaha......

jtk ......I'm dying here man....I can't take it any longer. I actually felt myself becoming dumberer!!!

jtk1519
12-15-2005, 02:21 AM
I'm a ninja.

lonny23
12-15-2005, 05:46 AM
Nope constantly have several things going. Like right now...I am on here...but I am also helping my wife make goodie bags for my daughter's class for Christmas...and I have done 4 loads of laundry. And I have myself caught up at work so that in the morning I am ready to rock and roll.

I work with the state as a placement technician/job coach. I assist mentally challenged people in finding employment. Once I find them a job...I monitor their progress by going on the job with them for a few weeks. I keep a log and report back to the state on how they are coming along. After an assessment with the client...they determine whether or not this person still needs help on the job. If they don't....I just go back once a week and check up on them. I have a pretty good size caseload going at all times. Right now I have 5 clients that I am assisting....and 1 that is actually out in the workforce.

I still take the kids to school and pick them up. I still cook a couple of times a week. I put everybody to bed. I have time for everything.

And when I get bored...I convince an entire message board that I am a ******* aggy and let them laugh at me....

jtk ......I'm dying here man....I can't take it any longer. I actually felt myself becoming dumberer!!!
It's a good thing you live in College Station. Your skills meet their demand!:p

lonny23
12-15-2005, 05:54 AM
I am a Master Sergeant in the Air Force and I'm a professional poster. KT, when do I get my check?:D

My current deployment has me on here more than my normal, which is on average more than other people's normal!

Yes, I work quite a bit, but I also have a job where I sit in front of a computer. On the deployment, I hang out at work, talk to the guys, and post on here.

mad_fan
12-15-2005, 06:03 AM
I am a Master Sergeant in the Air Force and I'm a professional poster. KT, when do I get my check?:D

My current deployment has me on here more than my normal, which is on average more than other people's normal!

Yes, I work quite a bit, but I also have a job where I sit in front of a computer. On the deployment, I hang out at work, talk to the guys, and post on here.

I hate that I have to sleep and work...I would have posted that for sure.:D

ktchamp97
12-15-2005, 06:06 AM

Very impressive Mr. wide-e-wide...nice job on your alter ego too :D.

I'm a Field Engineer for Schlumberger. I'm working on the Waddell Ranch near Crane, which has over 1,000 active producing wells. My main job is to diagnose well failures and propose repair procedures and possible stimulation jobs. I also take care of our ESP account and I keep track of all of the wells that are either plugged & abandoned or temporarily abandoned. Occasionally, I get to go out on location and supervise a rig...I've been on pulling unit jobs and the drilling rig.

It's really interesting work and I enjoy it. Everyone I work with is at least 20 years older than me, but the experience I'm gaining from those guys is priceless. I catch alot of hell because I'm a "damned engineer" and because I'm young and I look anywhere from 3-8 years younger than I am, but it doesn't bother me. First of all, I know that being an engineer doesn't mean I know anything about what these guys have been doing out here for the last 15+ years, and secondly I'm used to people raggin' on me for how young I look :D.

mad_fan
12-15-2005, 06:18 AM
Wow, Crane! And you can get on the Internet?:eek: :p

ktchamp97
12-15-2005, 06:28 AM
Wow, Crane! And you can get on the Internet?:eek: :p

Better yet, the field office is in Penwell (Population...uh, like, 3)...that's where I access the site from when I'm at work! Speaking of which, I gotta head out that way...

mad_fan
12-15-2005, 06:44 AM
I'm an accountant by training. If you've even been around a gaggle of accountants, I don't need to explain why I don't do that full time. Now I'm a part-time accountant and IT guy. I started doing the IT stuff for accountants and lawyers when I figured out they hate ponying up the big bucks to a big IT outfit to fix a workstation.

The way things worked out is interesting and stressful at times, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. This time of year everybody is trying to spend their IT money and deduct it in 2005. I help my clients with both.:D I have a short client list of my own, but they are the types that like a lot of personal attention and can afford it. I also contract with some CPA's and do the same work for them year-in and year-out.

Right now I'm doing tax projections (mostly banks, S-Corps and Partnerships is what I deal with). I also have three new servers to get online before year end (one at a ranch around Sonora, one at an O&G operating company and one for a CPA). The CPA is moving into a place that has never had computer equipment in it so I have to wire it also.

I hate that I can't post as much this time of year, but I do play A LOT in the summer.:D

lonny23
12-15-2005, 06:46 AM
Very impressive Mr. wide-e-wide...nice job on your alter ego too :D.

I'm a Field Engineer for Schlumberger. I'm working on the Waddell Ranch near Crane, which has over 1,000 active producing wells. My main job is to diagnose well failures and propose repair procedures and possible stimulation jobs. I also take care of our ESP account and I keep track of all of the wells that are either plugged & abandoned or temporarily abandoned. Occasionally, I get to go out on location and supervise a rig...I've been on pulling unit jobs and the drilling rig.

It's really interesting work and I enjoy it. Everyone I work with is at least 20 years older than me, but the experience I'm gaining from those guys is priceless. I catch alot of hell because I'm a "damned engineer" and because I'm young and I look anywhere from 3-8 years younger than I am, but it doesn't bother me. First of all, I know that being an engineer doesn't mean I know anything about what these guys have been doing out here for the last 15+ years, and secondly I'm used to people raggin' on me for how young I look :D.
My grandfather did quite a few things with Schlumberger. He worked on rigs off and on into his late 80's. My dad has worked in the oil and gas industry for 40 years. He's spent most of his time in gas plants.

My best friend in Korea was from Crane. Hey, I've been to Penwell, too!:D

lonny23
12-15-2005, 06:52 AM
I'm an accountant by training. If you've even been around a gaggle of accountants, I don't need to explain why I don't do that full time. Now I'm a part-time accountant and IT guy. I started doing the IT stuff for accountants and lawyers when I figured out they hate ponying up the big bucks to a big IT outfit to fix a workstation.

The way things worked out is interesting and stressful at times, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. This time of year everybody is trying to spend their IT money and deduct it in 2005. I help my clients with both.:D I have a short client list of my own, but they are the types that like a lot of personal attention and can afford it. I also contract with some CPA's and do the same work for them year-in and year-out.

Right now I'm doing tax projections (mostly banks, S-Corps and Partnerships is what I deal with). I also have three new servers to get online before year end (one at a ranch around Sonora, one at an O&G operating company and one for a CPA). The CPA is moving into a place that has never had computer equipment in it so I have to wire it also.

I hate that I can't post as much this time of year, but I do play A LOT in the summer.:D
You told me it was that Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints ranch around Eldorado.:p

mad_fan
12-15-2005, 06:54 AM
Better yet, the field office is in Penwell (Population...uh, like, 3)...that's where I access the site from when I'm at work! Speaking of which, I gotta head out that way...

I've driven by...I used to work for an accounting firm in San Angelo that audited EVERYTHING in west Texas. Crane, Rankin, McCamey, Imperial...Sanderson (county, school, water district and a seniors agency). We didn't audit the bank there and the city itself is not incorporated so I guess I was lucky I didn't have to go there 6 times a year and stay at the Desert Air motel.

mad_fan
12-15-2005, 06:55 AM
You told me it was that Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints ranch around Eldorado.:p

Do they Yahoo?:eek:

mad_fan
12-15-2005, 06:58 AM

Their lucky Janet Reno isn't still in office.:mad:

KTgrl2006
12-15-2005, 06:58 AM
*hopefully* within the next year and a half I'll get my surgical Tech.ceterification :)

mad_fan
12-15-2005, 07:05 AM
*hopefully* within the next year and a half I'll get my surgical Tech.ceterification :)

And if you learn to write like a doctor we won't know that that is misspelled.:p

lonny23
12-15-2005, 07:07 AM
I've driven by...I used to work for an accounting firm in San Angelo that audited EVERYTHING in west Texas. Crane, Rankin, McCamey, Imperial...Sanderson (county, school, water district and a seniors agency). We didn't audit the bank there and the city itself is not incorporated so I guess I was lucky I didn't have to go there 6 times a year and stay at the Desert Air motel.
I've been to all those places except Imperial. I don't have my map to verify Imperial or not.

lonny23
12-15-2005, 07:08 AM
I've seen ads for land at $50/acre in Sanderson!:eek:

lonny23
12-15-2005, 07:10 AM
Do they Yahoo?:eek:
You can pretty well bet they're hooked up to the Information Superhighway. You know they have to have cameras, infrared, all kinds of radios, computers, etc.

lonny23
12-15-2005, 07:11 AM
Their lucky Janet Reno isn't still in office.:mad:
That's true. Is she George Bush's sister?:p

lonny23
12-15-2005, 07:12 AM
That should be a good career for you.

lonny23
12-15-2005, 07:13 AM
And if you learn to write like a doctor we won't know that that is misspelled.:p
I didn't say anything because I saw you already did.:D

KTgrl2006
12-15-2005, 08:03 AM
:p

haha its early and im fried from finals :p

CERTIFICATION! happy?

dada
12-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Network/IT Consultant for Engineering Company...FLUOR.

baldtiger15
12-15-2005, 08:16 AM
I'm a professional bald man.

lonny23
12-15-2005, 08:40 AM
I'm a professional bald man.
How much experience do you have?

What are your qualifications?:p

Miss Kitty
12-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Payroll Tax Analyst...see why I need the deversion.

bullrock
12-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Tell me where that land is Lonny!! The best I can find is $200 and that is attractive. A whole section of land (1 square mile) for $128,000. That's a bargain. I like your price a lot better though.

bubbacoach
12-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Coach.
Thank you to the Twelffman for getting my job and monitoring me.
You could buy a million acres in Sanderson and still only run two head of cattle. (Just looked at a little over 800 acres out ther

lonny23
12-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Tell me where that land is Lonny!! The best I can find is $200 and that is attractive. A whole section of land (1 square mile) for $128,000. That's a bargain. I like your price a lot better though.
It was in one of those West Texas Real Estate papers. I think it was for land in town. I just looked on the Internet and the cheapest ranch land I saw was $200/acre.

lonny23
12-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Coach.
Thank you to the Twelffman for getting my job and monitoring me.
You could buy a million acres in Sanderson and still only run two head of cattle. (Just looked at a little over 800 acres out ther
That's the truth!:D The speed limit should be 200 through there!:p

bubbacoach
12-15-2005, 11:13 AM
It is pretty country. But it is not what most people like.

lonny23
12-15-2005, 11:18 AM
It is pretty country. But it is not what most people like.
I used to hate the scenery, but I drove through West Texas enough that it started looking more beautiful.

bullrock
12-15-2005, 11:20 AM
You must be looking at the same ad I am looking at.

lonny23
12-15-2005, 11:24 AM
You must be looking at the same ad I am looking at.
Some of the land is over $300. The cheap stuff is in town.

baldtiger15
12-15-2005, 11:30 AM
How much experience do you have?

What are your qualifications?:p
I originally went bald out of submission to the natural order. Then the USMC said it looked good on me, so they made all my comrades get sheared. Since then I'm a spokesperson for BHA (bald heads anonymous) and FBMA (future bald men of America) This is an organization sponsored by myself, Sean Connery, Bruce Willis, Ving Rhames, and Vin Diesel telling the youth that Bald is Beautiful

dada
12-15-2005, 11:35 AM
I originally went bald out of submission to the natural order. Then the USMC said it looked good on me, so they made all my comrades get sheared. Since then I'm a spokesperson for BHA (bald heads anonymous) and FBMA (future bald men of America) This is an organization sponsored by myself, Sean Connery, Bruce Willis, Ving Rhames, and Vin Diesel telling the youth that Bald is Beautiful
And Micheal Jordan....I hate the guys that try to fight it...you know...comb the three strands sideways.....The first sign I get....I'm just gonna shave it all off anyway.

lonny23
12-15-2005, 12:02 PM
And Micheal Jordan....I hate the guys that try to fight it...you know...comb the three strands sideways.....The first sign I get....I'm just gonna shave it all off anyway.
I've been thinking about doing it.

baldtiger15
12-15-2005, 12:04 PM
Just submit!
The time and money you save is amazing. Best thing I ever did... Aside from accepting Jesus and coaching football.

dada
12-15-2005, 12:11 PM
I wish I would have know that Lonny...someone should have made the bet that if Judson lost you would shave your head!

lonny23
12-15-2005, 12:29 PM
I wish I would have know that Lonny...someone should have made the bet that if Judson lost you would shave your head!
I did it for 10 months in Alaska during the winter in 1991-1992.

The hard part about these bets is you can't verify if somebody did it or not. I'm not bald, but I'm not Mr. Hair either.

PantherFan70
12-15-2005, 12:54 PM
My business card says corporate reservations coordinator, at the Westin, but what I really do is surf the net and answer E-mail all day. And then go home and go to school on the net. I guess I am a professional internet surfer!

SeguinMatadors
12-15-2005, 01:31 PM
I did it for 10 months in Alaska during the winter in 1991-1992.

The hard part about these bets is you can't verify if somebody did it or not. I'm not bald, but I'm not Mr. Hair either.

Lonny ol' buddy.... I have seen ya.... I hate to break it to ya... but you are bald!:p

Mr. Hair here!:cool:

SeguinMatadors
12-15-2005, 01:43 PM
I am in college majoring in sports journalism. I plan to get my masters in that. I also plan on getting my bachelors degree in kinesiology. Sports is pretty much my passion; I wouldn't be happy if I wasn't doing something that doesn't involve sports.

Right now, I have a job as a writer for a sports web site; most of you have probably visited it at some time or another. It is valuable experience and tons of fun.

On Wednesday nights I work with small kids at our church youth group. Mainly we just play around and I teach em' to play basketball and stuff. In the summer, I am a camp counselor at a few church camps. Both are tons of fun. I love kids and I love God and it is just tons of fun helping them and what not.

PantherFan70
12-15-2005, 01:50 PM
I am in college majoring in sports journalism. I plan to get my masters in that. I also plan on getting my bachelors degree in kinesiology. Sports is pretty much my passion; I wouldn't be happy if I wasn't doing something that doesn't involve sports.

Right now, I have a job as a writer for a sports web site; most of you have probably visited it at some time or another. It is valuable experience and tons of fun.

On Wednesday nights I work with small kids at our church youth group. Mainly we just play around and I teach em' to play basketball and stuff. In the summer, I am a camp counselor at a few church camps. Both are tons of fun. I love kids and I love God and it is just tons of fun helping them and what not.

If it's Texasprepxtra.com WE BETTER GET SOME GOOD COVERAGE OF SA! And if not, that's cool. Oh and make sure Stephen Nicasio gets put on your First Team All-San Antonio List for whatever site you work with. He's on the Expense News'.

mtbray
12-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Sophomore at THE UNIVERSITY...majoring in Latin American Studies with my discipline in Portuguese, also doing the Business Foundations prgram. I plan to get my MBA afterwards and do something finance related. In the long run I want to do economic development in Brazil!

Buuut we'll see where I actually end up here in a few years....it's scary

dragons08
12-15-2005, 04:13 PM

woah woah woah, your a profesional poster, dang im jumping aboard that scam!!

me to kt, i belive its 10 bucks a post...good luck:D

packfan75
12-15-2005, 04:35 PM
I teach in an inner city high school. Been teaching 27 years and am looking forward to being able to retire before I am 70. :eek:

Packattack94
12-15-2005, 05:20 PM
I'm an insurance agent, but I always wanted to be a Carnie!!

lonny23
12-16-2005, 12:52 AM
My business card says corporate reservations coordinator, at the Westin, but what I really do is surf the net and answer E-mail all day. And then go home and go to school on the net. I guess I am a professional internet surfer!
Not bad.

lonny23
12-16-2005, 12:54 AM
Sophomore at THE UNIVERSITY...majoring in Latin American Studies with my discipline in Portuguese, also doing the Business Foundations prgram. I plan to get my MBA afterwards and do something finance related. In the long run I want to do economic development in Brazil!

Buuut we'll see where I actually end up here in a few years....it's scary
You'll get tired of college, drop out, remember a little Portuguese and hang out on the beaches of Rio!:D

lonny23
12-16-2005, 12:57 AM
If it's Texasprepxtra.com WE BETTER GET SOME GOOD COVERAGE OF SA! And if not, that's cool. Oh and make sure Stephen Nicasio gets put on your First Team All-San Antonio List for whatever site you work with. He's on the Expense News'.
Yeah, but Seguin had Gary Green playing in the playoffs for Madison instead of Tony Green!:p

lonny23
12-16-2005, 12:59 AM
Lonny ol' buddy.... I have seen ya.... I hate to break it to ya... but you are bald!:p

Mr. Hair here!:cool:
Just for that, I made fun of your journalism skills!:p

Actually, I would've done it anyway!:D

SeguinMatadors
12-16-2005, 12:59 AM
faskjklsjfsfsadfsadf

SeguinMatadors
12-16-2005, 01:00 AM
Just for that, I made fun of your journalism skills!:p

Actually, I would've done it anyway!:D

hahaha

lonny23
12-16-2005, 05:14 AM
faskjklsjfsfsadfsadf
PM me with what you really wanted to say!:D

mtbray
12-20-2005, 12:36 PM
You'll get tired of college, drop out, remember a little Portuguese and hang out on the beaches of Rio!:D

HA I don't think the family would like that too much...

besides I'm kinda skurred of Rio after watching some movies on it. Crazy **** goes on there....well in te favelas at least. :eek:

Redneckn
12-20-2005, 01:06 PM
I'm a technical assistance specialist for Sears Holding Corp. I sit here and talk on the phone all day to technicians in all 50 states + Puerto Rico to help them along with diagnosing and repairing lawn tractors, saws, shop tools, power washers, generators, compressors, and even sewing machines...

We also work closely with engine companies to catch problems from production and problems with our technicians.

So I get to sit in front of a computer all day and when the phone ain't ringing, I get to come here and harass y'all.

RPM
12-20-2005, 01:11 PM

Crazy..im in the same boat as you only im a Draftsman for a commercial plumbing company. I take care of As-builts and all bids for new projects. I get the same slack cause i started here 5 years ago and was only 20 when i got my own office with the works..all the field guys are about 40 50 years old and my office co workers the closest to me is about 10 years..they treat me well because even though im young and look young i tell it like it is even if they feel intimidated. I also do residential house plans on the side for my pops who is a contractor as well as small plumbing projects and I own a bit more than an acre of land where i plan to build some apartment complexes..I have 4 apts already running and rented and live in one of them. so this youngsta has it going pretty good right now..its still hard because im barely getting over what i invested on it to begin with..im looking foward to this next year wherei should see the profits im looking for..

implacable44
12-20-2005, 01:34 PM

slow your roll Lonny -- Don't mock the Mormons. There is no humor in that. I will bust your ase.

KT2000
12-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Right now, I'm working as a well (oil, natural gas) data records analyst. Champ got me turned onto this job since I couldn't find anything else full-time when I came back from college. I've got a bachelor's degree in journalism (Spanish minor).

I speak and write Spanish above average, but not fluent yet. I'm also teaching myself the Brazilian dialect of Portuguese. I can learn the language structure much quicker since it is so similar to Spanish in that regard.

Careers I'm thinking about right now are high school football coach/teacher or covering some form of International soccer (club or country). This web site let's me do everything I'd want as far as covering HS ball, so that's why I don't list that.

mtbray
12-25-2005, 10:14 PM
I speak and write Spanish above average, but not fluent yet. I'm also teaching myself the Brazilian dialect of Portuguese. I can learn the language structure much quicker since it is so similar to Spanish in that regard.

Muito bom! Eu falo o portugues um pouco, sou aprendindo (it's more or less my major).... O que vc gosta fazer com o portugues?

wide-e-wide
12-25-2005, 10:31 PM
slow your roll Lonny -- Don't mock the Mormons. There is no humor in that. I will bust your ase.

What are they gonna do?...send Donnie and Marie on bicycles?

mad_fan
12-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Muito bom! Eu falo o portugues um pouco, sou aprendindo (it's more or less my major).... O que vc gosta fazer com o portugues?

WHAT??:confused:

"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn’t study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people." -- J. Danforth Quayle

stevefoxsc
12-26-2005, 01:07 AM
im an adult entertainer...

dragons08
12-26-2005, 01:55 AM
profesioanl poster, pimp, chick magnet..you get the picture

lonny23
12-26-2005, 07:34 AM
I thought this group was some offshoot organization. I wasn't commenting on the Mormons. The group I mentioned bought a bunch of land and has people holed up on that ranch. It's like the David Koresh thing in Waco.

lonny23
12-26-2005, 07:37 AM
I don't consider that group Mormons and that's why I said something. I wasn't trying to make fun of the Mormons on the site.

lonny23
12-26-2005, 07:38 AM
WHAT??:confused:

"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn’t study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people." -- J. Danforth Quayle

Mr. Quayle, please spell Potato.:p

mad_fan
12-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Mr. Quayle, please spell Potato.:p

:rolleyes: Good man...It was Wide's post about cooking his own dinner...with potatoes...that inspired my VP campaign...:D

LoneStarProud
12-26-2005, 09:57 AM
I work for a major airline as a flight operations dispatch superintendent. I attempt to interact at work some on the board but it gets a little crazy at times. I usually have time to read a lot of the posts but don't have much time to respond. At home my time is limited due to my house renovation project.
I recently ripped out my entire master bath and I'm trying to get it back together before my wife kills me. Sooooo, thus my limited posts.

implacable44
12-26-2005, 10:52 AM

no i will come alone - i can stop by your shack too if you would like and we can have a religious discussion -- what are you baptist ? methodist ?

lonny23
12-26-2005, 11:19 AM
I work for a major airline as a flight operations dispatch superintendent. I attempt to interact at work some on the board but it gets a little crazy at times. I usually have time to read a lot of the posts but don't have much time to respond. At home my time is limited due to my house renovation project.
I recently ripped out my entire master bath and I'm trying to get it back together before my wife kills me. Sooooo, thus my limited posts.
My dad rips stuff up and then takes years to fix it!:D

lonny23
12-26-2005, 11:20 AM
:rolleyes: Good man...It was Wide's post about cooking his own dinner...with potatoes...that inspired my VP campaign...:D
Boy, I stumble onto greatness sometimes. I didn't know what inspired the campaign. I think you can live up to VP Quayle's legacy!:p

wide-e-wide
12-26-2005, 11:21 AM
no i will come alone - i can stop by your shack too if you would like and we can have a religious discussion -- what are you baptist ? methodist ?

Spare me...I don't live in a shack. I live in one of the nicest neighborhoods in Waco. And my father-in-law is a Baptist minister who lives right around the corner. I don't need the elders popping in and disrupting my family dinner. In fact I would tell them to get back on their bicycles and get the hell out of my yard. You want to discuss religion go find Shawn Bradley and discuss it.

lonny23
12-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Spare me...I don't live in a shack. I live in one of the nicest neighborhoods in Waco. And my father-in-law is a Baptist minister who lives right around the corner. I don't need the elders popping in and disrupting my family dinner. In fact I would tell them to get back on their bicycles and get the hell out of my yard. You want to discuss religion go find Shawn Bradley and discuss it.
Let me say that I don't agree with the tenets of the Mormon religion. As such, they can believe as they choose. I'm not going to trash the religion, but I'm also not open to considering their beliefs or literature.

wide-e-wide
12-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Lonny chooses to say it one way...I choose to say it this way..
They are a bunch of f'n weirdos.

GoOwls
12-26-2005, 09:41 PM
City Letter Carrier with the U.S. Postal Service for almost 22 years.

dragons08
12-26-2005, 09:48 PM
My dad rips stuff up and then takes years to fix it!:D
better than me..

i just take things apart, mess things up..dont put them back..UNLESS i get chewed out by the parentals

Trinity Trojan Fan For Li
12-26-2005, 10:28 PM
I'm one of the lucky ones - I'M RETIRED! I got all my ducks in a row and with a whole lot of luck, was able to retire last year from Sylvania Lighting - as in Sylvania lightbulbs. Worked for Sylvania 36 years as a genergal office flunky, computer operator, and then Warehouse Inventory Control Analyst.
Now I'm going through my second childhood by playing with my grandkids, and great neices and nephews - ages 12 years down to 8 days old. I also love to travel - been to Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Macau, Japan, and Ireland. Next March I'm going to Germany with family.

implacable44
12-26-2005, 10:51 PM

a baptist minister right around the corner from the koresh place eh ?

i wont send the elders homeboy -- i will stop by myself - a personal visit to the loud mouth wide

implacable44
12-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Let me say that I don't agree with the tenets of the Mormon religion. As such, they can believe as they choose. I'm not going to trash the religion, but I'm also not open to considering their beliefs or literature.

that is good - we live in a country where we are free to worship how when and whom we please thanks to folks like you. so keep on believing whatever it is you do and whatever works for you - just don;t want anyone bashing a religion --especially when all or the majority of their comments come from a complete place of ignorance.

dragons08
12-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Seguin is a profesional loser

implacable44
12-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Lonny chooses to say it one way...I choose to say it this way..
They are a bunch of f'n weirdos.

that is because lonny maitains some intelligence and respect while you on the other hand wide are just a complete idiot void of any intellectual capacity. I would like for you to call me an f'n wierdo. matter of fact i will be driving through waco on the way to my mothers house in san antonio - just let me know - i would really enjoy the opportunity for you to call me an f'n wierdo and be able to validate any of your puny and insignificant thoughts on the matter -- it would be worth the detour. I enjoy people like you who make ignorant claims and statement without any knowledge -- rather you choose to regurgitate things you hear and choose to believe. -- yes please let me know,

SeguinMatadors
12-26-2005, 11:05 PM
that is because lonny maitains some intelligence and respect while you on the other hand wide are just a complete idiot void of any intellectual capacity. I would like for you to call me an f'n wierdo. matter of fact i will be driving through waco on the way to my mothers house in san antonio - just let me know - i would really enjoy the opportunity for you to call me an f'n wierdo and be able to validate any of your puny and insignificant thoughts on the matter -- it would be worth the detour. I enjoy people like you who make ignorant claims and statement without any knowledge -- rather you choose to regurgitate things you hear and choose to believe. -- yes please let me know,

I too think you guys are weirdos but that isn't why I am responding to this post. I would pay to see this.. lets see how tough Wide really is.

SeguinMatadors
12-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Seguin is a profesional loser

D08.. you are in band. I win.

implacable44
12-26-2005, 11:31 PM
I too think you guys are weirdos but that isn't why I am responding to this post. I would pay to see this.. lets see how tough Wide really is.

again - ignorance is your best friend eh ? - aren't we all wierd though ?

SeguinMatadors
12-26-2005, 11:35 PM
again - ignorance is your best friend eh ? - aren't we all wierd though ?

If you are asking if everyone who follows what you do is a weirdo..the answer is, I think so. I have never met one that wasn't weird. Hopefully you are an exception.

dragons08
12-26-2005, 11:39 PM
D08.. you are in band. I win.
look at the sig..it speaks for itself :cool:

lonny23
12-27-2005, 05:20 AM
better than me..

i just take things apart, mess things up..dont put them back..UNLESS i get chewed out by the parentals
I figured you stayed in line since you still don't have a license!:D

lonny23
12-27-2005, 05:28 AM
If you are asking if everyone who follows what you do is a weirdo..the answer is, I think so. I have never met one that wasn't weird. Hopefully you are an exception.
It would be much better if everybody kept their weirdo comments to themselves. We have a huge difference in philosophies in politics and religion in the U.S. That's fine because we don't all feel the same way and it's good for people to take a stand and say they don't believe in something else, but they do believe in such and such. The truth is that a lot of us would think others were weirdos if we said how we felt on certain subjects. Calling people weirdos just causes fights.

I'm sorry if my original comment about the church group in Eldorado was taken as a stab against the Mormons. I really didn't think they were Mormons.

mad_fan
12-27-2005, 05:32 AM
I agree with the previous weirdo.

mad_fan
12-27-2005, 05:37 AM
It would be much better if everybody kept their weirdo comments to themselves. We have a huge difference in philosophies in politics and religion in the U.S. That's fine because we don't all feel the same way and it's good for people to take a stand and say they don't believe in something else, but they do believe in such and such. The truth is that a lot of us would think others were weirdos if we said how we felt on certain subjects. Calling people weirdos just causes fights.

I'm sorry if my original comment about the church group in Eldorado was taken as a stab against the Mormons. I really didn't think they were Mormons.

That was directed at me in the beginning and I should have responded with something equally humorous because it was funny. Any offense that was taken by anybody shouldn't be, because these guys are NOT MORMONS. They WERE MORMONS.

lonny23
12-27-2005, 05:41 AM
Here is a Wikipedia article on the church group I was talking about and teasing Mad_fan for visiting.

The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is a denomination of Mormon fundamentalists within the Latter Day Saint movement, and may be America's largest polygamous group. The church is not affiliated with the more prominent Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, from which it splintered in the early 20th century. The current leader of the church is Warren Jeffs, who became leader on the death of his father Rulon Jeffs in 2002. The headquarters are in Hildale, Utah, which is a twin city with Colorado City, Arizona.

Membership and headquarters
The number of members of the church is unknown; however, their population is estimated at between 6,000 to 10,000 in the twin communities of Colorado City, Mohave County and Hildale, Washington County. The church also has a colony in Bountiful, British Columbia and purchased land in Eldorado, Texas. In the Arizona/Utah and British Columbia towns, the church is the primary influence and reason for being.

The Church believes a man must marry at least three women to enter heaven. The sect appeared to be in turmoil in June 2005, after reports it had excommunicated between 400 and 1000 young males in order to make more young women available to older men. Its assets were frozen and a warrant issued in Arizona on Friday 10th June 2005 for the arrest of its leader, Warren Jeffs, for arranging a wedding between an underage girl and a 28-year-old man who was already married.

Distinctive doctrines
The church teaches plurality of wives, who are required to be subordinate to their husbands, as a general requirement for the highest eternal salvation of men, Godhood. It is generally believed in the church that a man should have three wives to fulfill this requirement. Leader and Prophet Rulon T. Jeffs married 22 women and fathered more than 60 children. Critics of this belief say that its practice leads unavoidably to bride shortages and likely to child marriages, incest, and child abuse.

The church currently practices "The Law of Placing" under which all marriages are assigned by the prophet of the church. Many outside of the church, and some inside, view this practice as unduly authoritarian though it helps address by edict the problem of wife shortages. Under the Law of Placing, the prophet elects to give or take wives to or from men according to their worthiness.

In its spring 2005 "Intelligence Report," The Southern Poverty Law Center named FLDS to its "Hate Group" listing because of the church's racist teachings. Prophet Warren Jeffs has said, among other things, "The black race is the people through which the devil has always been able to bring evil unto the earth." [1]

Critics claim that Warren Jeffs has indicated his desire to implement the 19th-Century Mormon doctrine of "blood atonement", in which serious sins can only be atoned by the sinner's death. Former church member Robert Richter reported to the Phoenix New Times that Jeffs repeatedly alluded to this doctrine in church sermons. Richter also claims that he was asked to design a thermostat for a high temperature furnace that would be capable of destroying DNA evidence if such "atonements" were to take place [2].

History
The area of Hildale and Colorado City have a long history of polygamy, dating from the early decades of the 20th century. According to FLDS accounts, Brigham Young visited the area and stated that "this is the right place [and it] will someday be the head and not the tail of the church [and]...the granaries of the Saints."

The cities were once known as Short Creek, founded in 1913 as a ranching community; however, it soon became a gathering place from polygamist members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In 1935, the LDS Church excommunicated Short Creek's polygamist residents who refused to sign an oath renouncing polygamy, after which the Fundamentalists became more organized under the direction of John Y. Barlow, their leader, and later Joseph White Musser. The location on the Utah-Arizona border was ideal because the group could avoid raids by one state by moving across the invisible state line to the other.

In 1951 Joseph White Musser, the leader of the group following the death of John Y. Barlow, raised controversy with the call of Naturopath Rulon C. Allred to the presiding Priesthood Council (which governed the spiritual affairs of the Fundamentalists). This, along with his objections to the growing practice of arranged marriages to underage young women in Short Creek, led to a split between those loyal to that community and those loyal to Joseph White Musser. Those who followed Musser are today known as the Apostolic United Brethren, and Rulon C. Allred became their leader upon Musser's death, at which point the group in Short Creek followed LeRoy Johnson, a Priesthood Council member, instead.

In 1953, Arizona police authorities organized what became known as the "Short Creek Raid", in which numerous leaders were arrested and taken to Kingman, Arizona. However, public sentiment turned against the authorities after newsreels showed children being taken from their mothers and fathers being thrown in jail. This turn in public sentiment thus doomed the political career of Governor John Howard Pyle.

In 2003 the church received increased attention from the State of Utah when police officer Rodney Holm, a member of the church, was convicted of unlawful sexual conduct with a 16- or 17-year-old and one count of bigamy for his marriage to and impregnation of plural wife Ruth Stubbs. The conviction was the first legal action against a member of the church since the Short Creek Raid.

In 2003, Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer was released, a piece of investigative journalism revealing inside details about FLDS. Specifically, Krakauer looked at the practice of polygamy among fundamentalist Mormons and placed it in the context of the history of the Mormon religion as a whole, with heavy focus on the Lafferty brothers, who murdered in the name of their faith.

In November 2003, church member David Allred purchased "as a hunting retreat" the 1,371 acre (5.5 km²) Isaacs ranch 4 miles northeast of Eldorado, Texas on Schleicher County Road 300 and sent 30 to 40 construction workers from Colorado City-Hildale to begin work on the property. Improvements soon included three 3-story houses--each 8,000 to 10,000 square feet (740 to 930 m²), a concrete plant and a plowed field. After seeing high-profile FLDS critic Flora Jessop on the ABC television program Primetime Live on March 4, 2004, concerned Eldorado residents contacted Jessop. She investigated and on March 25, 2004 held a press conference in Eldorado confirming that the new neighbors were FLDS adherents. On May 18, 2004, Schleicher County Sheriff David Doran and his Chief Deputy visited Colorado City, and the FLDS church officially acknowledged that the Schleicher County property would be a new base for the church. It has been reported in the media that the Church is building a temple at the YFZ Ranch, which has been supported by evidence including aerial photographs of a large stone structure (approximately 88 feet wide) being built. A local newspaper, The Eldorado Success, reported that the temple foundation was dedicated January 1, 2005 by Warren Jeffs. If true, the FLDS will be the fifth Latter Day Saint denomination to build a temple, and the fourth outside of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to operate a temple for live ordinances besides baptism.

On January 10, 2004, the church suffered major upheaval when Dan Barlow, the mayor of Colorado City, and about 20 men were excommunicated from the church and stripped of their wives and children (who would be reassigned to other men), and the right to live in the town. As a result, a few teenage women reportedly fled the towns with the aid of anti-polygamy advocates. Two of the young women, Fawn Broadbent and Fawn Holm, soon found themselves in a broadly publicized dispute over their freedom and custody. They fled state custody together on February 15, and have been on the run in multiple states since.

In October 2004 disaffected members of the church reported that David Allred purchased a 60 acre (240,000 m²) parcel of land near Mancos, Colorado (midway between Cortez and Durango) about the same time he bought the Schleicher County property. Allred told authorities the parcel is to be used as a hunting retreat.

Allegations of welfare fraud, tax fraud, incest, statutory ****, physical, emotional and psychological abuse--hidden by a veil of secrecy, isolation, and deprivation--in the FLDS dominated communities have been widely reported in 2004 throughout United States media. It has been estimated that 33% of the men, women and children in the group are receiving state and federal aid, though 0% unemployment was reported in the 2000 census.

Allegations also have been made that in the four and a half years ending in 2004, the FLDS has excommunicated over 400 teenaged boys, some as young as 13, for seemingly trivial offenses. Former members claim that the purpose of these excommunciations is that in a polygamous society these young men present competition to the older men for multiple wives, and that the boys must go. Six such teenaged boys have filed a conspiracy lawsuit against Jeffs and Sam Barlow, a former Mohave County deputy sheriff and close associate of Jeffs, for a "systematic excommuncation" of young men to reduce competition for wives.

On July 11, 2005, eight men of the church were indicted for sexual contact with minors. At least some of them surrendered to police in Kingman.

lonny23
12-27-2005, 05:43 AM
That was directed at me in the beginning and I should have responded with something equally humorous because it was funny. Any offense that was taken by anybody shouldn't be, because these guys are NOT MORMONS. They WERE MORMONS.
That group split off from the Mormons a long time ago. You did say, "Where's Janet Reno?" when I posted that!:D

mad_fan
12-27-2005, 05:47 AM
And we shouldn't say WEIRDOS?:confused:

mad_fan
12-27-2005, 05:51 AM
That group split off from the Mormons a long time ago. You did say, "Where's Janet Reno?" when I posted that!:D

Yes, I did...I just went back and read that. I might have known I'd have a comment.:eek:

I don't understand where anybody's religion came under attack. Being Catholic, I can usually spot that sort of thing.

lonny23
12-27-2005, 06:42 AM
Yes, I did...I just went back and read that. I might have known I'd have a comment.:eek:

I don't understand where anybody's religion came under attack. Being Catholic, I can usually spot that sort of thing.
I made the comment about these guys in Eldorado.

Implacable told me to not make fun of the Mormons and Wide jumped in and said, "What are they going to do? Send Donny and Marie after me on bicycles?" He called the Mormons weirdos and a few others have, too.

LoneStarProud
12-27-2005, 09:24 AM
City Letter Carrier with the U.S. Postal Service for almost 22 years.

My dad retired from the postal service with 26 years, He had 4 years military so he has his 30 years with the govt. Funny story about his retirement. His last 4-5 years with the postal service was very difficult for him due to management changes. He was always crossways with some new young buck who thought they knew everything. On his last day at work they threw a surprise party for him. They called my mom and my brothers and sisters came too. When he showed up to the station at the end of the day all of us gathered around along with his co-workers and the new young guns in management. Two guys were retiring that day. The first guy gave a little speech about how he is gonna miss everyone and how good it has been to work there, then they presented him with a gold watch for his service. Now its my dad's turn...he stands up and looks at everyone and says...I'm not going to miss any of you SOB's and you can take this watch and shove it up your a**.
My mom wanted to crawl under a rock but me and my brother cracked up along with some of his co-workers who clapped. Management dissapeaered
shortly thereafter back to their offices.

PantherFan70
12-27-2005, 09:53 AM
My dad retired from the postal service with 26 years, He had 4 years military so he has his 30 years with the govt. Funny story about his retirement. His last 4-5 years with the postal service was very difficult for him due to management changes. He was always crossways with some new young buck who thought they knew everything. On his last day at work they threw a surprise party for him. They called my mom and my brothers and sisters came too. When he showed up to the station at the end of the day all of us gathered around along with his co-workers and the new young guns in management. Two guys were retiring that day. The first guy gave a little speech about how he is gonna miss everyone and how good it has been to work there, then they presented him with a gold watch for his service. Now its my dad's turn...he stands up and looks at everyone and says...I'm not going to miss any of you SOB's and you can take this watch and shove it up your a**.
My mom wanted to crawl under a rock but me and my brother cracked up along with some of his co-workers who clapped. Management dissapeaered
shortly thereafter back to their offices.

That is hilarious!! Your dad must have no problem speaking his mind!

dragons08
12-27-2005, 11:05 AM
I figured you stayed in line since you still don't have a license!:D
that'll be wrong in an hour..

lonny23
12-27-2005, 11:28 AM
shortly thereafter back to their offices.We had a guy from Supply do that down at Randolph. He was retiring and they had really been giving him the shaft. He said what he thought about the commander and all of management!:D

lonny23
12-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Clear the highways. DRAGONS08 IS LOOKING FOR CHICKS!:eek:

dragons08
12-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Clear the highways. DRAGONS08 IS LOOKING FOR CHICKS!:eek:
looking? spsh they come to me

PantherFan70
12-27-2005, 01:38 PM
looking? spsh they come to me

You play sax, don't you?

KT2000
12-27-2005, 02:52 PM
I can see d08's new bumper sticker now...

"If you don't like my driving then get off the sidewalk."

dragons08
12-27-2005, 10:43 PM
You play sax, don't you?
yep

BAMF cowboy
12-27-2005, 10:47 PM

you got your license?

dragons08
12-27-2005, 11:12 PM
you got your license?
yep

SeguinMatadors
12-27-2005, 11:16 PM
yep

Awesome.. got any wheels yet?

wide-e-wide
12-28-2005, 01:52 AM
Well,well,well….I almost overlooked this one. So you wanna call ol’ Wide out huh?

I am not ignorant when it comes to Mormons…although my experience with them is limited…I know quite a bit about them. So here’s one of my Mormon stories.

I am over at my buddy’s house in Virginia Beach back in my Navy days. We are all sittin’ around drinking getting ready for the Longhorns game. When my boy’s wife burst through the door…and says “Turn the TV down and hide!” I was like… WTF? Did you just knock over the Circle K or what? What are we hiding from?

She says “it’s those Mormon guys that keep coming by here…they are out in the parking lot” At which time my buddy dashes to the window and peeps out like a crackhead with warrants…then dashes to the bedroom and slams the door. I am lost………….
So I say…bump it…I’m gonna go talk to ‘em.

I am a little under the weather so to speak…I had a touch of the Miller Lite flu. I roll up on these two suave debonair gentlemen and say “What’s the deal?.....Run it down man…why are ‘yall about to interrupt my Horns?”

So Wally and Ralph say “Oh we are just checking up on our “friends”…came by to pray with them and drop off some literature…”

Okay…good enough for me…but obviously their “friends” don’t want them coming around…hence the pseudo Cops episode that just transpired inside.

So I talk to these guys for about 45 minutes…they tell me all about the ministry…what they are hoping to achieve by going door to door. All that good stuff….And I can honestly say that after having a conversation with these guys…I came to the following conclusions:

1. Like I stated previously…Mormons are f’n weirdos.

2. When I ask them about their major concerns with the world today…they stated that PRE-MARITAL SEX was a huge problem…and that they were most concerned with that. ……….Okay…let me get this straight…You two are 19 years old…riding around the beach with slacks, button-down shirts, and ties….and a big *** short bus helmet on…and your major concern is preventing pre-marital sex?.....Ummm….I think you’re doing your part to prevent it from happening dawg…These two cats couldn’t get laid on nickel beer night at a swingers convention…wow…just …wow…

3. The guy who dreamed up this idea…dressing up grown men and making them ride a Schwinn around town and knock on doors….yeah that guy…He needs his *** whipped…That is just wrong.

4. UTAH….yeah I said it…A state overflowing with Mormons…allowed John Stockton to play damn near 20 years in the NBA…with BOOTY shorts on. And nobody said a damn word to him.????????? C’mon man…somebody could have said something…Hey Stockton…sunshine is your friend…now go on out there and grab you some of it and rub it all over you…you look like a stick of chalk with a chili bowl cut…And give your little sister her shorts back……….Any state that allowed that to go on…for that long…something just ain’t right about that.

5. And finally…don’t crack jokes about Donnie and Marie…They are like Ruth and Gehrig to these people. They get real angry …real quick.

So there you have it….that’s my Mormon story.

As far as you coming to my house…I have a better idea…you said you are headed to you Mama’s house right? Well hell…I know where that is…We can just meet up over there. It will be great…she can hook me up some of those pancakes and bacon she knows I love…awesome idea bro.

Don’t be internet tough guy alright…nobody likes him. Least of all me…I’m done with going to jail for beatin’ the brakes off of little punks like yourself.

And aren’t you the one that was banned for making racist remarks?
Oh…so you can make racist remarks…but I can’t say Mormons are f’n weirdos????
Gimme a break…

Do me a favor…take some of that bass out of your voice when you talk to me alright…I’m a grown *** man.

And while we are on the subject of Mormons…next time you see Shawn Bradley…ask him what it feels like to have every center in the NBA’s nuts in his grill at one time or another. He would know better than anybody.

For the record…I only had one encounter with a rattlesnake as well…but it was enough to let me know to stay the hell away from ‘em.

Don't call me out like you're a ****** homeboy...

c-lisle
12-28-2005, 07:17 AM

My brother is a captain in the Air Force. He is a pilot nurse stationed in Germany.

c-lisle
12-28-2005, 07:18 AM
What do all of you guys do for a living?

I am just curious. Especially about people like Wide; man has six kids and manages to spend this much time on the board. Makes me wonder. Wide must have hit the lotto.

I'm an accountant.

implacable44
12-28-2005, 07:34 PM
Well,well,well….I almost overlooked this one. So you wanna call ol’ Wide out huh?

I am not ignorant when it comes to Mormons…although my experience with them is limited…I know quite a bit about them. So here’s one of my Mormon stories.

I am over at my buddy’s house in Virginia Beach back in my Navy days. We are all sittin’ around drinking getting ready for the Longhorns game. When my boy’s wife burst through the door…and says “Turn the TV down and hide!” I was like… WTF? Did you just knock over the Circle K or what? What are we hiding from?

She says “it’s those Mormon guys that keep coming by here…they are out in the parking lot” At which time my buddy dashes to the window and peeps out like a crackhead with warrants…then dashes to the bedroom and slams the door. I am lost………….
So I say…bump it…I’m gonna go talk to ‘em.

I am a little under the weather so to speak…I had a touch of the Miller Lite flu. I roll up on these two suave debonair gentlemen and say “What’s the deal?.....Run it down man…why are ‘yall about to interrupt my Horns?”

So Wally and Ralph say “Oh we are just checking up on our “friends”…came by to pray with them and drop off some literature…”

Okay…good enough for me…but obviously their “friends” don’t want them coming around…hence the pseudo Cops episode that just transpired inside.

So I talk to these guys for about 45 minutes…they tell me all about the ministry…what they are hoping to achieve by going door to door. All that good stuff….And I can honestly say that after having a conversation with these guys…I came to the following conclusions:

1. Like I stated previously…Mormons are f’n weirdos.

2. When I ask them about their major concerns with the world today…they stated that PRE-MARITAL SEX was a huge problem…and that they were most concerned with that. ……….Okay…let me get this straight…You two are 19 years old…riding around the beach with slacks, button-down shirts, and ties….and a big *** short bus helmet on…and your major concern is preventing pre-marital sex?.....Ummm….I think you’re doing your part to prevent it from happening dawg…These two cats couldn’t get laid on nickel beer night at a swingers convention…wow…just …wow…

3. The guy who dreamed up this idea…dressing up grown men and making them ride a Schwinn around town and knock on doors….yeah that guy…He needs his *** whipped…That is just wrong.

4. UTAH….yeah I said it…A state overflowing with Mormons…allowed John Stockton to play damn near 20 years in the NBA…with BOOTY shorts on. And nobody said a damn word to him.????????? C’mon man…somebody could have said something…Hey Stockton…sunshine is your friend…now go on out there and grab you some of it and rub it all over you…you look like a stick of chalk with a chili bowl cut…And give your little sister her shorts back……….Any state that allowed that to go on…for that long…something just ain’t right about that.

5. And finally…don’t crack jokes about Donnie and Marie…They are like Ruth and Gehrig to these people. They get real angry …real quick.

So there you have it….that’s my Mormon story.

As far as you coming to my house…I have a better idea…you said you are headed to you Mama’s house right? Well hell…I know where that is…We can just meet up over there. It will be great…she can hook me up some of those pancakes and bacon she knows I love…awesome idea bro.

Don’t be internet tough guy alright…nobody likes him. Least of all me…I’m done with going to jail for beatin’ the brakes off of little punks like yourself.

And aren’t you the one that was banned for making racist remarks?
Oh…so you can make racist remarks…but I can’t say Mormons are f’n weirdos????
Gimme a break…

Do me a favor…take some of that bass out of your voice when you talk to me alright…I’m a grown *** man.

And while we are on the subject of Mormons…next time you see Shawn Bradley…ask him what it feels like to have every center in the NBA’s nuts in his grill at one time or another. He would know better than anybody.

For the record…I only had one encounter with a rattlesnake as well…but it was enough to let me know to stay the hell away from ‘em.

Don't call me out like you're a ****** homeboy...

look at wide in all his idiotic glory.

first things first - i was banned and received an apology from hitler and the third reich for en error in judgment -- so to answer your question i was banned - but received a full pardon and an apology -- i didn't make any racist remarks anus.

woah -- that experience just sums up the whole religion. wow - I stand corrected - you got the mormons down pat - er maybe not. maybe we can go through them like you did -- with numbers so it will be easier for you to consume all of the information.

1. Mormons are wierdos - well like I said - I guess we are all wierd what religion are you agian ---baptist ? yeah suffice it to say -- we are all wierd. - the f'n part - well that is just indicative of your intellect again.

2. pre-marital sex - as in one of the 10 commandments - as in promiscuity - I wasn't privy to your conversation so I am not free to elaborate on the nature of it. Suffice it to say that it is one of the 10 commandments - regardless of what religion you are and pre-marital sex is a huge problem - see abortion ...see teen pregnancy ...see HIV ..etc. - IF I have to detail the plethora of issues that result from pre-marital sex then you are in need of more psychological help and education that I previously thought.

3. the guy who dreamed up spreading the word ? - Jesus Christ ? light on a hill..spread the word to every nation ...blah blah -- well there are over 60,000 missionaries around the world today.

4. Utah and John Stockton - a devout Catholic by the way but that is beside the point - kind of difficult to stick to mormonism when your concept or understanding of the faith comes from a Catholic boy playing basketball. Again -- a true reflection of stupidity.

5. Actually all of the jokes you have ever heard about Donnie and Marie were probably penned by Mormons - again - true reflection of your ignorance - but I am beginning to think it is not ignorance rather stupid -- total stupid which is a choice.

Sure we can meet at my moms - just make the drive to san antone if you choose - she wont make you bacon though and she doesn't have anything to do with the likes of you - does your wife know about your fantasy life ? might want to clue the mrs. in -- see #2......

for the record - I did call you out punk - and I am no bad a** -- but if you would like to have this discussion on a more personal nature -- like I said we will be going to san antone this weekend and waco is right on the way. Wew can talk about Mormons all day and try to give you a little but of an edumacation if at all possible so you don't walk around making ignorant ..stupid remarks or comments about a faith and the people who practice it.

wide-e-wide
12-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Did Jesus also tell you to threaten anyone who disagrees with your religion?
Gimme a break dude...
You preach religion to me...and then cancel it out by trying to be a ******.

The joke about pre-marital sex was...........the guys that were worried about it...didn't have any reason to worry about it anyway.

I am quite familiar with Jesus...and I know it was his idea to spread the gospel...but he didn't say you had to look like a doofus when you did it..That was a Mormon that added that part.

and lastly...calling the KT's Hitler?....wow...not real smart.

What exactly is it that you want to "talk" to me about in person?
Something you can't say on here?
Or are you threatening me?

He got banned when he told someone he'd kick their ***. One of the ways to a quick banning. -per KT2000 on another thread

Just food for thought jackass.

SeguinMatadors
12-28-2005, 09:13 PM

No kidding dude. You are pretending to be this great considerate guy yet you compare a couple of admins on a message board to a man who commited genocide? Are you serious? How insensitive is that to Jewish people? I love you hypocrites. Not to bright buddy.

implacable44
12-29-2005, 12:01 AM
No kidding dude. You are pretending to be this great considerate guy yet you compare a couple of admins on a message board to a man who commited genocide? Are you serious? How insensitive is that to Jewish people? I love you hypocrites. Not to bright buddy.

i am not comparing anyone to hitler - i got a bogus ban for 48 hours and appealed and all i got was an apology email - -i wrote him back and said that was very 3rd recihish to ban me without cause or prejudice -- and I have not now nor ever threatened to beat anyone up -- I asked if I could discuss religion with a bigot who puts down my religion - which you did as well I believe off pure ignorance. No threat was ever made - and wide chose to talk about my mother - i said nothing of his mom.

implacable44
12-29-2005, 12:08 AM
Gimme a break dude...

The joke about pre-marital sex was...........the guys that were worried about it...didn't have any reason to worry about it anyway.

I am quite familiar with Jesus...and I know it was his idea to spread the gospel...but he didn't say you had to look like a doofus when you did it..That was a Mormon that added that part.

-per KT2000 on another thread

Just food for thought jackass.

I am not threatening you wide - nor have I ever. I am offering to discuss religion with you -now you on the other hand are insinuating you slept with my mother right ? mmhh

we can discuss it on here but you appear to be far too sarcastic and cynical on a message board to discuss anything of relevance or anything with any intellectual value at all. rather you choose to still be that punk kid in the locker room telling dirty jokes and exaggerating sexcapades. but then that is just my perception. Didnt say you didnt know jesus - just said you don't know squat about mormons - which you validated with your response. pure ignorance -- at least I hope it was ignorance and not stupidity. Are you using vulgar language ? - that is supposed to be a sure way to get banned on here too isn't it ? as is claiming to have slept with someone's mother ? but then you could make up an excuse that someone used your id like thug and get back on.

already addressed the hitler comment from a bogus ban i received without reason or explanation. and an apology was emailed to me - dont know where you are quoting the quote about me threatnening to beat someone up - never saw that.

wide-e-wide
12-29-2005, 12:12 AM
I'm a bigot?
Oh my goodness dude...You don't know who you are talking about do you?

I said Mormons are weirdos...that's it.

I didn't say their beliefs are BS...their style of worship is BS...

I said nothing like that.

I said....what the entire world already knows. That Mormons a bunch of f'n weirdos. Don't hate me for saying something everybody already knows. Good grief...You act like I am the first person who has ever said that. Ask around dude...It's pretty much common knowledge...I am one of the few people on this site with enough cajones to say it. But please believe homeboy...I am not the only one that thinks that.

Now...I would have had no problem respecting your beliefs...UNTIL

You roll up with the holier than thou attitude...and then backdoor that with threats and a lot of NON-MORMON like behavior...I lose all respect for you...and I start to think you are a fraud.

Now I may be a lot of things....a big mouth...a jerk...a smartass...
But a fraud?...I'm not that.

But you are...stick that in your pipe and smoke it Osmond.

implacable44
12-29-2005, 12:19 AM
I'm a bigot?

I said....what the entire world already knows. That Mormons a bunch of f'n weirdos. Don't hate me for saying something everybody already knows. Good grief...You act like I am the first person who has ever said that. Ask around dude...It's pretty much common knowledge...I am one of the few people on this site with enough cajones to say it. But please believe homeboy...I am not the only one that thinks that.

You roll up with the holier than thou attitude...and then backdoor that with threats and a lot of NON-MORMON like behavior...I lose all respect for you...and I start to think you are a fraud.

how is that? never threatened you --i offered to discuss religion w/u === u claim to have slept with my mom....??????

we are all wierd --you did talk about beliefs wide --don't gots to lie to kick it cuz......

wide-e-wide
12-29-2005, 12:25 AM
According to you...I don't even know your beliefs...so how could I talk about them?
You're not real bright are you?

And I said your Mama cooked some hellacious pancakes and bacon...Is that like Mormon code for sleeping with or something?

You make the comment that you can come to my house...and "talk" to me...and then go on to say ...yadda,yadda...shut my big mouth...Now I am not a brain surgeon...but where I'm from...that's a threat. And when you do that...Mama's are fair game...sure it's juvenile...but it beats me gettin' my blood pressure all crazy and cussin' you out and getting band....So I chose to do that instead.

This discussion is ridiculous....Go ride put on your helmet...ride your bike door to door...go home to your 8 wives...listen to "I'm a little bit country...I'm a little bit rock 'n roll" and watch old Jim McMahon clips...and shut the hell up.

implacable44
12-29-2005, 12:36 AM
According to you...I don't even know your beliefs...so how could I talk about them?

And I said your Mama cooked some hellacious pancakes and bacon...Is that like Mormon code for sleeping with or something?

You make the comment that you can come to my house...and "talk" to me...and then go on to say ...yadda,yadda...shut my big mouth...Now I am not a brain surgeon...but where I'm from...that's a threat. And when you do that...Mama's are fair game...sure it's juvenile...but it beats me gettin' my blood pressure all crazy and cussin' you out and getting band....So I chose to do that instead.

This discussion is ridiculous....Go ride put on your helmet...ride your bike door to door...go home to your 8 wives...listen to "I'm a little bit country...I'm a little bit rock 'n roll" and watch old Jim McMahon clips...and shut the hell up.

you might just be the biggest idiot i have ever exchanged comments with this--tell you what--when you can stop lying( nice cut and past for the reason bigwhitejake was banned and try to attribute it to me ...integrity wide -go see the wizard of oz and get you some) -- i didnt threaten u then ..now or ever. i dont ride a bike --my 2-year mission was in chile where i walked everyday...and i had to pay for all my own expenses while there for 2-years--which was a privelege and a great experience.

you somehow infer a threat yet you refuse to see how you saying my mama knows you love pancakes and eggs could be interpreted as you claiming to have had sex with her? stupid stupid stupid. --get that integrity soon brother.

why would i watch jim mcmahon ? he isnt even the best qb from BYU nor is he mormon. robbie bosco led the y to the national title in 84 and steve young was there too. Besides i played ball at the U.

wide-e-wide
12-29-2005, 12:48 AM
The U?
.........hold on....let me catch my breath.....

The U?

And I am the biggest idiot?........

Yes...she does know that I love pancakes and bacon...hell everybody knows that...doesn't mean I slept with her...what the hell is wrong with you Mormons?...just because I want some pancakes you think I slept with your mother?...a bit paranoid aren't you?

And yes...I did cut and paste....and NO...I never said it was in reference to anything you did....I quoted KT....to let you know his stance on threatening people...that's all.

And yes...I know McMahon is not a Mormon....it's called a J-O-K-E...you tight-laced helmet wearing weirdo...lighten up dude.

I can't type anything else...I am still trying to get past you calling BYU....The U.............now that is really aggyish.
Might want to straighten that whole thing out with the boys down on South Beach...they seem to think they are "The U"....call me crazy...but I'm ridin' with the 'Canes on that one.

implacable44
12-29-2005, 12:51 AM
The U?

The U?

Yes...she does know that I love pancakes and bacon...hell everybody knows that...doesn't mean I slept with her...what the hell is wrong with you Mormons?...just because I want some pancakes you think I slept with your mother?...a bit paranoid aren't you?

And yes...I did cut and paste....and NO...I never said it was in reference to anything you did....I quoted KT....to let you know his stance on threatening people...that's all.

And yes...I know McMahon is not a Mormon....it's called a J-O-K-E...you tight-laced helmet wearing weirdo...lighten up dude.

I can't type anything else...I am still trying to get past you calling BYU....The U.............now that is really aggyish.
Might want to straighten that whole thing out with the boys down on South Beach...they seem to think they are "The U"....call me crazy...but I'm ridin' with the 'Canes on that one.

wow --byu is the y the Y if you weren't as stupid as the day is long -- or if you had a higher level of literacy you would have read that appopriately ...the U is University of Utah

wide-e-wide
12-29-2005, 01:04 AM
wow --byu is the y the Y if you weren't as stupid as the day is long -- or if you had a higher level of literacy you would have read that appopriately ...the U is University of Utah

Read it too fast...doing two things at once...Besides I try to not to watch second tier football teams...I am more of a Longhorns man myself. So the "y" the "U" ...it's all the same to me. If they played the Horns...they would be the "L"...

And since when is Utah...the "U"????

Just like everything else...In Utah they are the "U"...while the rest of the world says Miami is the "U"....Nice little planet they have out there in the mountains...what color is the sky there?

You are a fraud bro...pure and simple...
You come here being holier than thou...don't make fun of Mormons...woopty woop....and then you say my father-in-law...who has been a Baptist minister for over 40 years...is David Koresh?....gimme a break man...you are overflowing with double standards dude.

Just drop it...you are a f'n weirdo...I know it...and everybody else on here knows it...just accept your place in the world and roll with it. Don't get pissed at me for speaking the truth. Don't believe me?.....take a poll and pose the question...If a Mormon knocked on your door what would you do?....Answer it? Act like you are not at home?...or tell them to get the hell away from your house?.......I promise you...the vast majority of people would not answer the door...why???????? Because Mormons are f'n weirdos that's why.

stevefoxsc
12-29-2005, 01:08 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/mikloh/Arguing.jpg <--- (click there to see it so you it be your own choice to see it)
and that should say it

(fixed for wide)

wide-e-wide
12-29-2005, 01:37 AM
That's just wrong...kinda true in a technical sense...but still very wrong...edit that post bro...that ain't cool.

lonny23
12-29-2005, 01:44 AM
I can see d08's new bumper sticker now...

"If you don't like my driving then get off the sidewalk."
I love those bumper stickers!:D

lonny23
12-29-2005, 01:57 AM
Gimme a break dude...

-per KT2000 on another thread

Just food for thought jackass.The Hitler part wasn't a good move. That's the 2nd time he made comments about how bad those guys are. That kind of stuff will get him banned again.

You are a little strong with what you're saying about the Mormons. The way they dress is a part of their teachings. The United Pentecostal Church also has a lot of rules about the style of dress for their people.

lonny23
12-29-2005, 02:05 AM
i am not comparing anyone to hitler - i got a bogus ban for 48 hours and appealed and all i got was an apology email - -i wrote him back and said that was very 3rd recihish to ban me without cause or prejudice -- and I have not now nor ever threatened to beat anyone up -- I asked if I could discuss religion with a bigot who puts down my religion - which you did as well I believe off pure ignorance. No threat was ever made - and wide chose to talk about my mother - i said nothing of his mom.
This is cyberspace. What else could they do besides send you an apology email?:confused:

lonny23
12-29-2005, 02:07 AM
I'm a bigot?

Yes, the non-Mormon behavior does clash with his comments.

It's not that we're not brave enough to say something as it is that we don't care to engage in conflict and start a fight.

SeguinMatadors
12-29-2005, 02:08 AM
This is cyberspace. What else could they do besides send you an apology email?:confused:
Maybe some Cybersex? Or at least a cyber blowjob?

lonny23
12-29-2005, 02:11 AM
NICE!:D

It's a slap in somebody's face to apologize and then have somebody say it isn't good enough. If they apologized, they felt like they did you wrong. That should be good enough.

SeguinMatadors
12-29-2005, 02:15 AM
NICE!:D

It's a slap in somebody's face to apologize and then have somebody say it isn't good enough. If they apologized, they felt like they did you wrong. That should be good enough.

I totally agree. When you admit to doing wrong and someone just keeps dwelling on it.. you just get pissed off. I'd ban him.. just for being a little *****.

lonny23
12-29-2005, 02:15 AM

Like almost everybody else, I took it as you went to his mom's house, slept with her, and she cooked for you the next day.

Coming to your house does not sound like a friendly visit. It sounds like he wants a fight.

I think McMahon was a Catholic, too. The BYU fans sure liked him.

lonny23
12-29-2005, 02:23 AM
The U?

The U?

As a minimum, you should've told who KT's quote was attributed to. It sure looks like you were making it look like that's why Implacable was banned. You didn't lie, and you might've not been trying to be deceitful, but it could be taken as such.

dragons08
12-29-2005, 10:54 AM
lmao hahaaha

CyFallsMom
12-29-2005, 11:22 AM
I am in the HR world - get to deal with people all day. AND, in between those dealings, I am talking to you all!!!

lonny23
12-29-2005, 11:26 AM
I am in the HR world - get to deal with people all day. AND, in between those dealings, I am talking to you all!!!
I've found that my life is childsplay. People act like kids at work. People act like kids on this forum. I even have my own kids and they act like kids!:p

mad_fan
12-29-2005, 11:29 AM

You don't have enough HR problems....:p

lonny23
12-29-2005, 11:31 AM
You don't have enough HR problems....:p
Evidently!:p

It's amazing. I watch what a 4 and 6 year does and then I see the same stunt pulled by people in their 40's and 50's!:confused:

dragons08
12-29-2005, 11:31 AM
I've found that my life is childsplay. People act like kids at work. People act like kids on this forum. I even have my own kids and they act like kids!:p
you forgot to mention you act like a kid right?

lonny23
12-29-2005, 11:33 AM
you forgot to mention you act like a kid right?
In some ways I have fun like a kid, but I was mostly talking about the fits and fights.

dragons08
12-29-2005, 11:35 AM
In some ways I have fun like a kid, but I was mostly talking about the fits and fights.
the tantrums...man hate when little kids do that in stores..just bust out screaming and he moms like dlk;fjals;kdjflasd;kjflk;asdjflk;asdj

lonny23
12-29-2005, 11:39 AM
the tantrums...man hate when little kids do that in stores..just bust out screaming and he moms like dlk;fjals;kdjflasd;kjflk;asdjflk;asdj
I can fix those. I just walk away when the youngest one starts pitching a fit. You don't reason with them and you SURE don't give in. They think you'll give them what they want if they make a scene. I even walked away from the youngest on a tour of the Johnson Space Center in Houston. That reminds me that maybe George Carlin is right about why we go to war and why our ordnance is shaped like it is!:D

implacable44
12-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Read it too fast...doing two things at once...Besides I try to not to watch second tier football teams...I am more of a Longhorns man myself. So the "y" the "U" ...it's all the same to me. If they played the Horns...they would be the "L"...

And since when is Utah...the "U"????

Just like everything else...In Utah they are the "U"...while the rest of the world says Miami is the "U"....Nice little planet they have out there in the mountains...what color is the sky there?

You are a fraud bro...pure and simple...
You come here being holier than thou...don't make fun of Mormons...woopty woop....and then you say my father-in-law...who has been a Baptist minister for over 40 years...is David Koresh?....gimme a break man...you are overflowing with double standards dude.

Just drop it...you are a f'n weirdo...I know it...and everybody else on here knows it...just accept your place in the world and roll with it. Don't get pissed at me for speaking the truth. Don't believe me?.....take a poll and pose the question...If a Mormon knocked on your door what would you do?....Answer it? Act like you are not at home?...or tell them to get the hell away from your house?.......I promise you...the vast majority of people would not answer the door...why???????? Because Mormons are f'n weirdos that's why.

I am not coming here being holier than though. I am saying you can say we are wierdos because we can pose the same question about what if some baptists came a knockin on your door or were singing songs on the street corner like they did in Utah several years ago -- a whole slew of baptists went up to utah to spread the baptist faith - going door to door - holding revivials - singing on the street corner - i mean you cold pose the same question about any religion and get the same answers Wide - everyone is wierd dude and we fear what we do not understand. the truth is universal - not about mormons - what would you do if the baptists came a knockin -- what would you do if the jehovas witnesses came by with the watchtower ?

im a wierdo -- your'e a wierdo - no need for the f'n and you are just an idiot on top of being wierd and a full fledged loser. - note to wide --- no longer in the 9th grade buddy.

implacable44
12-29-2005, 11:57 AM
I totally agree. When you admit to doing wrong and someone just keeps dwelling on it.. you just get pissed off. I'd ban him.. just for being a little *****.

I think I would ban you for cursing.

dragons08
12-29-2005, 11:57 AM
I think I would ban you for cursing.
it blocks out bad words and allows others, the ones it leaves on must be okay to say then huh?

implacable44
12-29-2005, 11:58 AM
The Hitler part wasn't a good move. That's the 2nd time he made comments about how bad those guys are. That kind of stuff will get him banned again.

You are a little strong with what you're saying about the Mormons. The way they dress is a part of their teachings. The United Pentecostal Church also has a lot of rules about the style of dress for their people.

lonny - i have seen you be more than critical of many and make worse comments than i have and for the record - I dont live to post on the board.

implacable44
12-29-2005, 11:59 AM

I asked for a reason not an apology

implacable44
12-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Yes, the non-Mormon behavior does clash with his comments.

It's not that we're not brave enough to say something as it is that we don't care to engage in conflict and start a fight.

what non-mormon behavior is that ?

implacable44
12-29-2005, 12:01 PM

that sounds like a personal habit you are going to have to deal with sooner or later before you become an adult hopefully,.

lonny23
12-29-2005, 12:05 PM
lonny - i have seen you be more than critical of many and make worse comments than i have and for the record - I dont live to post on the board.
Yes, I've been critical of others at times. I don't throw cuss words or fake cuss words in there and I try to focus on behavior and not personal feelings.

I have never said anything as bad as some of the stuff I've seen you say. I'm not saying you're a bad guy or anything, but you do lose control of your emotions and say a few things you shouldn't say.

mad_fan
12-29-2005, 12:07 PM
I am not coming here being holier than though. I am saying you can say we are wierdos because we can pose the same question about what if some baptists came a knockin on your door or were singing songs on the street corner like they did in Utah several years ago -- a whole slew of baptists went up to utah to spread the baptist faith - going door to door - holding revivials - singing on the street corner - i mean you cold pose the same question about any religion and get the same answers Wide - everyone is wierd dude and we fear what we do not understand. the truth is universal - not about mormons - what would you do if the baptists came a knockin -- what would you do if the jehovas witnesses came by with the watchtower ?

im a wierdo -- your'e a wierdo - no need for the f'n and you are just an idiot on top of being wierd and a full fledged loser. - note to wide --- no longer in the 9th grade buddy.

Wouldn't that be a mass of baptists?:confused:

lonny23
12-29-2005, 12:07 PM
I asked for a reason not an apology
That's fair. I'll ask KT2000. If you know the reason why you were banned, will you be less upset?

implacable44
12-29-2005, 12:10 PM
Yes, I've been critical of others at times. I don't throw cuss words or fake cuss words in there and I try to focus on behavior and not personal feelings.

I have never said anything as bad as some of the stuff I've seen you say. I'm not saying you're a bad guy or anything, but you do lose control of your emotions and say a few things you shouldn't say.

so say we start a thread talking about the kills of the us army and how it is an opressive war machine that ...in the words of I believe sen. kerry rapes women in the middle of the night - or some other erroneous comment -- as you initially did about mormons - then what?

implacable44
12-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Wouldn't that be a mass of baptists?:confused:

no i am from texas san antonio to be exact and we say fixin , reckon and slew.

lonny23
12-29-2005, 12:13 PM
what non-mormon behavior is that ?
It was just the general tone of anger. Like I said before, it looks like you wanted a fight and wide was acting like he slept with your mother. I know neither of you SAID those things, but that's the APPEARANCE of what you were saying. I know it's an automatic response when he says what he said, but it is reacting in the flesh. I don't agree with the tenets of the faith, but one thing I've always thought is that Mormons are devout and follow their faith pretty fervently. In other words, I've always thought you guys were good guys and gals. I was surprised you reacted like you did. You must've encountered somebody in the past that acted somewhat like that.

mad_fan
12-29-2005, 12:14 PM
no i am from texas san antonio to be exact and we say fixin , reckon and slew.

We don't have the same sense of humor...

lonny23
12-29-2005, 12:14 PM
that sounds like a personal habit you are going to have to deal with sooner or later before you become an adult hopefully,.
On a serious note, that is something that afflicts many from childhood to adulthood. There are billions of dollars in that industry.

implacable44
12-29-2005, 12:16 PM
We don't we the same sense of humor...

RIF brother -- or hooked on phonics--- check ebay.

implacable44
12-29-2005, 12:17 PM
On a serious note, that is something that afflicts many from childhood to adulthood. There are billions of dollars in that industry.

and yet you found the comment full of humor when it was originally made?

lonny23
12-29-2005, 12:18 PM
so say we start a thread talking about the kills of the us army and how it is an opressive war machine that ...in the words of I believe sen. kerry rapes women in the middle of the night - or some other erroneous comment -- as you initially did about mormons - then what?
My original comment was about a group in Eldorado, Texas that are NOT Mormons. That group split off from the Mormons like 90 years ago. I even posted a Wikipedia story about the group.

More than anything else, I've tried my best to be a mediator in this. I didn't trash the religion. No, I don't believe in your tenets and I have my own beliefs, but I didn't insult the Mormons.

implacable44
12-29-2005, 12:20 PM
It was just the general tone of anger. Like I said before, it looks like you wanted a fight and wide was acting like he slept with your mother. I know neither of you SAID those things, but that's the APPEARANCE of what you were saying. I know it's an automatic response when he says what he said, but it is reacting in the flesh. I don't agree with the tenets of the faith, but one thing I've always thought is that Mormons are devout and follow their faith pretty fervently. In other words, I've always thought you guys were good guys and gals. I was surprised you reacted like you did. You must've encountered somebody in the past that acted somewhat like that.

I haven't responded in anger -- i did not leave anything open to appearance as i clearly stated i would like to discuss his isssues with the mormon religion and maybe clear up some misunderstandings about the faith. my language was not ambiguous and anything that could have been i cleared up as the discussion went along. I clearly stated why I would like to talk to him citing the sarcasm and cynicism on the board as the main reason. I don't care what he says about my mother - he has one as he does a wife and probably children --

implacable44
12-29-2005, 12:22 PM
My original comment was about a group in Eldorado, Texas that are NOT Mormons. That group split off from the Mormons like 90 years ago. I even posted a Wikipedia story about the group.

More than anything else, I've tried my best to be a mediator in this. I didn't trash the religion. No, I don't believe in your tenets and I have my own beliefs, but I didn't insult the Mormons.

i dont believe your original comment cited a splinter group in El Doradro Texas -- let me check -- yep it only says MORMONS -- nothing about a faction, splinter or fundamental group.

lonny23
12-29-2005, 12:22 PM
and yet you found the comment full of humor when it was originally made?
I said something the first time as a joke and I commonly do that. What I said in my last post is what I believe. I could just be quiet and not say anything about their comments. That's what I should do. What I believe is right and wrong is a lot more conservative than what the people on this board espouse.

mad_fan
12-29-2005, 12:23 PM
RIF brother -- or hooked on phonics--- check ebay.

Okay, maybe we do...you liked the Catholic thing...most wouldn't even get it...

lonny23
12-29-2005, 12:25 PM
i dont believe your original comment cited a splinter group in El Doradro Texas -- let me check -- yep it only says MORMONS -- nothing about a faction, splinter or fundamental group.
I said the name of the church group because I looked on Yahoo and made sure I gave the complete name of the church. It was all because Mad said he was doing IT work for people and I wanted to tease him about that group. You came back and said I shouldn't say anything about the Mormons.

implacable44
12-29-2005, 12:26 PM
I said something the first time as a joke and I commonly do that. What I said in my last post is what I believe. I could just be quiet and not say anything about their comments. That's what I should do. What I believe is right and wrong is a lot more conservative than what the people on this board espouse.

but i would just be making a joke too - say about the army or a specific race i.e. black people and then later i would just say it is a joke ? is that viable?

lonny23
12-29-2005, 12:27 PM
I haven't responded in anger -- i did not leave anything open to appearance as i clearly stated i would like to discuss his isssues with the mormon religion and maybe clear up some misunderstandings about the faith. my language was not ambiguous and anything that could have been i cleared up as the discussion went along. I clearly stated why I would like to talk to him citing the sarcasm and cynicism on the board as the main reason. I don't care what he says about my mother - he has one as he does a wife and probably children --
When you said you were coming by his house on your way up the state, it sounded like a fight. I do believe you would like to discuss things with him.

dragons08
12-29-2005, 12:28 PM
like i said on a diff thread let it go..your back on the board, not banned, why be greedy and ask for more?

lonny23
12-29-2005, 12:29 PM
but i would just be making a joke too - say about the army or a specific race i.e. black people and then later i would just say it is a joke ? is that viable?
I made a comment about cybersex, which does not cause the same reaction in others as condemning a war and calling people criminals.

implacable44
12-29-2005, 12:31 PM
like i said on a diff thread let it go..your back on the board, not banned, why be greedy and ask for more?

08 -- i got banned and then people started saying it was because i was racist - KT banned me in public he should apologize in public.

dada
12-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Loud Noises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Dont Know What We're Yelling About!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mad_fan
12-29-2005, 12:36 PM
R we having fun yet?:mad:

lonny23
12-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Loud Noises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Dont Know What We're Yelling About!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That sure works for kids!:D

lonny23
12-29-2005, 12:47 PM
R we having fun yet?:mad:
I asked if he would cool it if he knew the reason so we can talk about something else.

CyFallsMom
12-29-2005, 01:23 PM
You don't have enough HR problems....

Believe me, we have our share - most of these adults are pretty dimwitted at times and you give them all of the info they could possibly need and they STILL don't understand - My german shepherds are more intelligent and get it the FIRST time. We are a very small company though so it's really not too bad. I was at Enron and they had an HR department that was like 2 full floors. Boy was that fun when they came to tell us we had to leave and had 30 minutes to vacate our desks - I was in PR at the time and was on first name basis with several CNN people and local news people!! Good times:rolleyes:

KT2000
12-29-2005, 01:57 PM
Here's your explanation, Implacable44, as posted in the Bring Back Thug thread on the main board-

http://www.5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/showthread.php?t=5208&page=4

Post #67 in that thread.

*Commence professions discussion...*

lonny23
12-29-2005, 02:29 PM
Here's your explanation, Implacable44, as posted in the Bring Back Thug thread on the main board-

Post #67 in that thread.

It was more fun talking about the Third Reich!:p

Did Hitler enjoy his job?

How about Rommel?:D

KT2000
12-29-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm Scottish by heritage. That puts a damper in the Third Reich deal ;) .

Careful Lonny, this is all propaganda. Before you know it, everyone here will be doing that salute when they login that drill teams around the state currently, hopefully unknowingly :) , pay homage to before games as they are introduced. :D

dragons08
12-29-2005, 02:38 PM
raise your hand if your lost *raises hand*

KT2000
12-29-2005, 02:41 PM
I was actually accused of being Hitler and advocating the Third Reich due to overzealous moderation policies.

dragons08
12-29-2005, 02:42 PM
I was actually accused of being Hitler and advocating the Third Reich due to overzealous moderation policies.
by i-44?

mad_fan
12-29-2005, 02:43 PM
raise your hand if your lost *raises hand*

I'd have guessed you'd be the first...right hand...right?

dragons08
12-29-2005, 02:43 PM
I'd have guessed you'd be the first...right hand...right?
nope im a lefty

dragons08
12-29-2005, 02:44 PM
and now i just cuaght mad fan's joke..

mad_fan
12-29-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm Scottish by heritage.

I'm Irish...your single malts rule!:D

implacable44
12-29-2005, 04:52 PM

Post #67 in that thread.

completely ridiculous - have you seen tongan written ? heard it spoken ? LUDICROUS

GoOwls
12-29-2005, 08:43 PM
What is absolutely stupid about these revisionist religions is that their by-laws are written by MEN, mortal MEN, and have no relation to biblical or any other religious tomes writings. They are things used to CONTROL the masses.

Suits and ties, as we know them, haven't been around all that long, in the grand scheme of things. I wasn't aware that God had arresssed that issue, especially since people wore robes in the days of biblical times. How can that possibly warrant the strict dress codes of the church today? It's just for control of the parishioners. It has no substance.

How about the riding bikes thing. The mechanical age has really only been around for the last century. Bikes have been in wide use for not much longer that that. How did the Mommons get around before that? Horseback? Wagon? Buggy? Then bike, right? Seems that Mormon decided that there was a point that manmade innovations had gone too far. This brings out a question, does mommy Mormon use a dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, refrigerator, iron, garbage disposal? Does daddy Mormon mow the lawn? Do they use the telephone, cell phone, computer. Of course they do. You and I know thay do.

As a mailman, I've seen many "Mormon Bikers" and delivered their mail to them at their appartments. Their mommys and daddys send care packages and cash constantly. I don't know how many times "Bikers" have been waiting at the mailboxes for their little "mommy fix". When they are on the job, it's bikes only, but when their day is done, they get in the car a drive around. Yes I said CAR. Every one that I have seen had a car stashed by one othe parents and the little fellers had no problem getting around once their "Biker" duties were ovr for that day.

Just yet another bunch of hypocrites to add to a long list of same.

lonny23
12-29-2005, 09:02 PM
What is absolutely stupid about these revisionist religions is that their by-laws are written by MEN, mortal MEN, and have no relation to biblical or any other religious tomes writings. They are things used to CONTROL the masses.

Suits and ties, as we know them, haven't been around all that long, in the grand scheme of things. I wasn't aware that God had arresssed that issue, especially since people wore robes in the days of biblical times. How can that possibly warrant the strict dress codes of the church today? It's just for control of the parishioners. It has no substance.

How about the riding bikes thing. The mechanical age has really only been around for the last century. Bikes have been in wide use for not much longer that that. How did the Mommons get around before that? Horseback? Wagon? Buggy? Then bike, right? Seems that Mormon decided that there was a point that manmade innovations had gone too far. This brings out a question, does mommy Mormon use a dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, refrigerator, iron, garbage disposal? Does daddy Mormon mow the lawn? Do they use the telephone, cell phone, computer. Of course they do. You and I know thay do.

As a mailman, I've seen many "Mormon Bikers" and delivered their mail to them at their appartments. Their mommys and daddys send care packages and cash constantly. I don't know how many times "Bikers" have been waiting at the mailboxes for their little "mommy fix". When they are on the job, it's bikes only, but when their day is done, they get in the car a drive around. Yes I said CAR. Every one that I have seen had a car stashed by one othe parents and the little fellers had no problem getting around once their "Biker" duties were ovr for that day.

Yes, there are many rules that almost become a part of church doctrine that aren't specifically addressed in the Bible. There are a whole lot of traditions in addition to the rules. It's a dangerous ground we tread on when we start following man-made traditions. All of the cult religions have a lot of rules that tie you to depend upon THE MAN. That flies in the face of what the Bible says about putting your trust upon God and not man.

I don't disagree with all of the man-made rules, but they aren't doctrine. The rules are a way to control people in most of the cult religions, but they're man's attempt to be holy in others. It doesn't work because God looks at your heart and obedience and not your self-made efforts to become holy.

A lot of the man-made rules are just bondage for us. It makes you live an unnatural lifestyle. No matter what religion you're in, it's bad to portray yourself as holy because of your outward appearances when that's not the real YOU. You're better off just saying what you believe in, but also showing that you're human. Most people don't hate somebody who admits they struggle with sin, but they do hate those who sin privately, but try to portray themselves as perfect.

implacable44
12-29-2005, 09:19 PM

oh wow - this is the biggest bunch of lies i have yet to see about the church. No missionaries have a car porovided by their mothers - that is against the rules - -each mission does have authorized vehicles that the missionaries do use on a daily basis - please don't come on here posting bs garbage that you know nothing about =- stupid is as stupid does man and you take the stupid cake.

GoOwls
12-29-2005, 09:38 PM
See, it's like this, when little Tommy and Joey go off to missions, you assume they follow the rules, but rich mommy and daddy don't want ill fate to befall them, so things are taken care of outside the vision of the church. I've seen it many times. Go ahead and believe that what I've seen didn't happen. Denial isn't a river in Egypt.

I've SEEN parents take a trip to the kids place just to deliver a car and care packages.

People are people, we are prone to sin due to our sin nature. You should be aware of that.

One time, a kid bugged me to death waiting on a letter from mommy with a cashiers check so their car could get fixed.

Get into the real world, man.

KT2000
12-29-2005, 09:45 PM
Guys, please steer clear of the religious arguments or take it to PM. This isn't the place for that. Thanks.

dragons08
12-29-2005, 10:32 PM
you guys are STILL aruging about that stuff?? what the heck

lonny23
12-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Guys, please steer clear of the religious arguments or take it to PM. This isn't the place for that. Thanks.
OK, guys. Let's go back to our normal discussions like:

Does Wide-e-wide secretly shave his legs?:confused:

dragons08
12-29-2005, 11:25 PM
OK, guys. Let's go back to our normal discussions like:

Does Wide-e-wide secretly shave his legs?:confused:
or is lonny really a computer?

lonny23
12-29-2005, 11:30 PM
or is lonny really a computer?
I'm a MACHINE!:p

dragons08
12-29-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm a MACHINE!:p
thought so...the amount of hours you are on here a day, is unhumanly possible

lonny23
12-29-2005, 11:45 PM
thought so...the amount of hours you are on here a day, is unhumanly possible
Imagine this scenario.

I'm a supervisor in an office setting.

I'm responsible for less here than I normally am.

My job requires me to leave my desk seldom and I'm almost always in this work tent.

I don't drink and therefore don't go to the recreation tent.

I have more fun here than watching movies.

All the sports are on while I'm on duty. It's better to talk abut football on this forum than sit up front and watch TV during the daytime.

We can't make noise in our rooms.

Many things on the Internet are blocked, but not this site.

In the middle of my posting at all hours, I do work, eat, talk and have fun. I just don't log off the computer. I stay logged in at home and work, in Texas and over here.

I was answering Trivia Pursuit questions part of the time I was on the forum last night. I quit posting for a few minutes yesterday because I couldn't eat barbeque chicken at the same time I was posting!:D

I'm on here all the time, but less than it appears that I am. You can look at the times between my posts and see when I'm doing other things.

I know one thing. The last 4 months have gone by FAST because of the time I've spent with you guys. THANKS!:cool:

dragons08
12-29-2005, 11:47 PM
no problem lonny...when you due home??

and how do i get your job?

lonny23
12-30-2005, 12:38 AM
no problem lonny...when you due home??

and how do i get your job?
I'm supposed to get home on January 23rd.

As far as my job goes, you just have to do your time. It usually takes 17-18 years in the Air Force to get to Master Sergeant. It took me 13 years.

Over here, it's really about preparation and efficiency. You didn't see me post nearly as much in early September as I do now. The people before me had no organization at all and they didn't really give me a good turnover. I had to come in, figure out what they were doing and didn't completely know everything they did and had to wing it and fix things on the fly. I came up with a system that's organized. I also did my research to have the answers to the questions that would come up.

Because of that, things run smoothly and I can spend time on the Internet. I actually did some good stuff over here to make this place a lot better and you guys thought all I did was post on the Internet!:D Another thing was that I was posting some nights while I was also trying to get passengers out of here. I've gotten people on airplanes with less than 2 hours notice.

GoOwls
12-30-2005, 01:57 AM

Sorry.....my bad.........I got sucked in. :o

lonny23
12-30-2005, 03:00 AM
I'm supposed to get home on January 23rd.

As far as my job goes, you just have to do your time. It usually takes 17-18 years in the Air Force to get to Master Sergeant. It took me 13 years.

Over here, it's really about preparation and efficiency. You didn't see me post nearly as much in early September as I do now. The people before me had no organization at all and they didn't really give me a good turnover. I had to come in, figure out what they were doing and didn't completely know everything they did and had to wing it and fix things on the fly. I came up with a system that's organized. I also did my research to have the answers to the questions that would come up.

Because of that, things run smoothly and I can spend time on the Internet. I actually did some good stuff over here to make this place a lot better and you guys thought all I did was post on the Internet!:D Another thing was that I was posting some nights while I was also trying to get passengers out of here. I've gotten people on airplanes with less than 2 hours notice.I'll tell you what's cool about being over here. I'm like Redneckn in his work situation. Last week he was talking about how he sits at his desk and waits for calls. He might get a call that lasts 5 minutes and then he's back to posting. I'm like the Shell Answer Man. I sit here and post, but if somebody asks a question, I instantly move into work mode. I tell them what we can do and what will happen. The women I work with ask questions about what to do in a situation and we go from there.

I bet you guys never knew I was running people to the airport anywhere from midnight to 3 A.M. and having people come in the door saying they needed an airline ticket because they were on emergency leave for a loved one's death or with a serious illness. One time, I got an airline ticket to the U.S. for a guy flying out of Afghanistan, who caught a plane to Kuwait and he never came through Kyrgyzstan and we don't even have the most modern system with the travel agency we work with.

lonny23
12-30-2005, 03:01 AM
Why do you old farts have to be troublemakers?:p

mad_fan
12-30-2005, 05:27 AM

Me too, that other thread got padlocked after my Catholic joke...I'll take my guilt elsewhere...:mad:

lonny23
12-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Me too, that other thread got padlocked after my Catholic joke...I'll take my guilt elsewhere...:mad:
It didn't get locked over Catholic comments. It had to be because of the Mormon comments.

mad_fan
12-30-2005, 08:33 AM
It didn't get locked over Catholic comments. It had to be because of the Mormon comments.

:rolleyes: :p :D

mad_fan
12-30-2005, 08:38 AM
It's like blacks calling each other ni&&a'...I like Catholic jokes and can handle them without be offended...that was the point I so poorly attempted to make...all you other Catholics out there that what to start a thread (and won't get pissy about it) let me know...

dragons08
12-30-2005, 01:15 PM
Why do you old farts have to be troublemakers?:p
like you have room to talk

lonny23
12-30-2005, 02:43 PM
like you have room to talk
I was wondering if somebody would notice.