PDA

View Full Version : Tookie Williams

ThEgReAtOnE
12-12-2005, 07:40 PM
From Ex-Crips Co-Founder to Death Row Inmate, Tookie Williams has spent the majority of his life behind bars. It is only now that we take a few minutes of our life to pause and acknowledge his excistence....before it becomes no more.

Below is the latest details of the Ex-Gang Lords' tragic and perhaps useless life. Personally I say "Do the crime do the time!", in other words, "Tookie....25 years ago you were a "god"...you were the "man"...25 years ago you took a pump shotgun and murdered several human beings....25 years ago you did wrong.....and it is time to pay for what you did....if you, truly, want to show gang members where they'll end up if they don't "go straight".....allow justice to take its' course"

Not to sound harsh....but I just have one question...."If he gets clemency....can his murdered victims get clemency, as well?!"

Look forward to some interesting responses on this one!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
REUTERS
DECEMBER 12, 2005

Is Stanley Tookie Williams a cold-blooded killer who has duped Hollywood with feigned innocence, phony assertions of redemption and embellished claims of his sway over gangland Los Angeles to escape execution?

Or is Williams, who is scheduled to die shortly after midnight on Tuesday, a wrongly convicted man who nevertheless devoted a quarter century in prison to troubled kids, saving 150,000 lives from behind bars in a campaign worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize?

The debate over the most discussed U.S. execution in recent memory hinges on the wildly divergent views of the 51-year-old man who sits on San Quentin's death row.

The transcripts of Williams 1981 trial paint a disturbing picture of the former Crips gang leader, who was convicted of shooting four people to death with a shotgun during two robberies, later boasting about the gurgling sounds convenience store clerk Albert Owens made as he died.

During the trial, prosecutors say, Williams plotted to kill a sheriff's deputy and an accomplice who was expected to testify against him, then blow up a bus full of inmates with dynamite to escape in the resulting chaos.

After the jury read their guilty verdict Williams, according to transcripts, looked to jurors and mouthed: "I'm going to get each and every one of you motherfu*****!"

Williams supporters, who include film star Jamie Foxx and rapper Snoop Dogg, charge that there no evidence linking him to the crimes, suggesting he was railroaded by a racist, all-white jury after three blacks were removed from the panel.

DOES TOOKIE MATTER?

Prosecutors say evidence showed Williams purchased the 12-gauge shotgun used in the crimes and point to testimony by an accomplice that Williams shot Owens. Two witnesses said he confessed to the murders.

Williams declined to testify in his defense, calling his step-father, girlfriend and two fellow inmates as witnesses.

Defenders say he found redemption in San Quentin, writing books urging children to reject violence and renouncing his gang life. He offered counseling by telephone to school kids.

They say his stature as a "founder" of the notorious Crips gives him a unique ability to steer youth away from gangs and assert that he has saved 150,000 lives. He has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize five times for his anti-gang work and four times for the literature prize by backers who include university professors from the United States and Europe.

But gang experts dispute Williams' claims to have founded the Crips and say he has little influence over teens. Los Angeles Police Chief Bill Bratton has said that few gang members had likely heard of Williams before press coverage of his execution.

Williams has said he now regrets his role in the Crips but has refused to debrief authorities on the gang, saying that doing so would brand him a "snitch."

Others have said that Williams' books are a crass publicity campaign that have sold only a few hundred copies each.

A spokesman for Williams' publisher, Power Kids Press, refused to give out sales figures for the eight books but said three were still in print.

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger denied clemency on Monday to Stanley Tookie Williams, citing the former Crips gang leader's lack of remorse for four brutal murders.

The rejection, following the denial of last-minute appeals by two top courts, clears the way for Williams to be executed by lethal injection at 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday for murdering four people in two 1979 petty robberies around Los Angeles.

"Stanley Williams insists he is innocent, and that he will not and should not apologize or otherwise atone for the murders of the four victims in this case," Schwarzenegger wrote. "Without an apology and atonement for these senseless and brutal killings there can be no redemption."

"Based on the cumulative weight of the evidence, there is no reason to second guess the jury's decision of guilt or raise significant doubts or serious reservations about Williams' convictions and death sentence."

The case has generated widespread interest and fierce debate over the death penalty in the United States because Williams, 51, has written a series of books warning young people against gangs and says he has found redemption.

Civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson said he broke the news to Williams that Schwarzenegger had denied clemency as the inmate met several supporters in prison. "He said 'Don't cry, let's remain strong,"' Jackson told Reuters. "He smiled, you know, with a certain strength, a certain resolve."

"I think he feels a comfort in his new legacy as a social transformer," Jackson said.

The inmate's supporters argued he should have been spared so he could continue his anti-gang work from behind bars.

In a rare coincidence in death penalty cases, Williams has said he met Schwarzenegger at a Los Angeles-area gym in the 1970s when both men were enthusiastic bodybuilders.

The governor, weakened by a loss on all his initiatives in a special election he called last month, would have risked alienating his Republican party if he granted clemency.

"In this case, the one thing that would be the clearest indication of complete remorse and full redemption is the one thing Williams will not do," Schwarzenegger wrote.

At San Quentin State Prison north of San Francisco, a prison spokesman described Williams as quiet and cooperative and said he did not request any special final meal.

FINAL APPEALS DENIED

Also on Monday, the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals rejected the latest appeal by lawyers to reconsider the case. Pondering their fifth habeas corpus petition on the case over the past quarter century, the state Supreme Court also rejected the petition on Sunday night.

Ronald George, the California Supreme Court's chief justice, told Reuters last week that there was "something wrong" with a system in which judges must routinely ponder last-minute death row filings after two decades of decisions.

Williams was convicted in 1981 of killing Albert Owens as he lay facing downward on the floor of a 7-Eleven convenience store in a $120 robbery. Two weeks later, Williams shot dead an elderly Taiwanese immigrant couple running a motel, as well as their visiting daughter.

Williams' large team of lawyers continued to file legal petitions in the hours before the execution, including to the U.S. Supreme Court and a request for a reprieve from Schwarzenegger. "We will not rest until 12:01 a.m. tonight," attorney Jonathan Harris told reporters.

The case has drawn wide attention to a large extent because of the dedication of a former journalist, Barbara Becnel, who edited his anti-gang books and served as a co-producer of a film staring Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx about Williams.

The scheduled execution comes just over a week after a double murderer became the 1,000th prisoner to be executed in the United States since the 1976 reimposition of capital punishment.

"I am not the kind of person to sit around and worry about being executed," Williams told Reuters in an interview last month. "I have faith and if it doesn't go my way, it doesn't go my way."

wide-e-wide
12-12-2005, 08:18 PM
R.I.P. Tookie...
6 poppin' 5 droppin' homie.

"There comes a time in every man's life when all of his ghosts come back...and when they come back...they ain't there to shake hands." - Tupac Shakur

Redneckn
12-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Good!
It's really a damn shame they won't have these useless a-holes "ride the lightning" anymore.

At 2:01 am (our time) his *** is outta here. In honor of our (sometimes flawed) justice system, I will be wearing my "Ride the Lightning" t-shirt tomorrow to work with my little pin that says "Tookie his *** 6' under".

jtk1519
12-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Kudos to Arnold. F' Tookie.

garlandowl08
12-12-2005, 09:28 PM
I think it sends a strong message that our justice system, even in the hippiest of states, California, will beat you down. It makes me think, if we started getting attacked by people inside our own country, a la the Middle East or Europe in teh World Wars, us Americans wouldn't stand for it. THat's what I love about America. We'd take up arms and beat the shiat outta all the people messing with us.

Sacred Ground
12-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Williams' life didn't end easily!

from the Associated Press:

SAN FRANCISCO - Crips founder Stanley "Tookie" Williams, 51, died by injection yesterday for four murders in 1979. Williams, who had professed his innocence when an admission of guilt might have saved his life, declined to make a final statement. He seemed frustrated by the time it took to insert the intravenous lines into his muscular arms. At one point, he offered to help the nurse, said Steve Ornoski, the warden. After about 15 minutes, he appeared to ask: "You doing that right?"

Packattack94
12-14-2005, 07:37 PM
F' him.
It takes approx. 30K a year to house one inmate-that's more than some people make! I wish that we could put in an express lane on death row. again F'him

Sacred Ground
12-14-2005, 08:35 PM
The only thing I didn't care for was the situation leading up to his execution. I do not like to see celebraties stick their noses into political issues. They are only there for the publicity. Just make your music, if I like it, I will buy it. Just make your movies, if I like the previews, I will pay to watch the movie. Just keep your nose out of the political arena.

Packattack94
12-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Now you know whenever they get the oppertunity, they'll use it for publicity. Why didn't they try to help before? Why didn't they use their money for his defense and appeals? They are probably the one that said"This guy should be put to Death" in the first place.

InTheBagIsBACK
12-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Yes the man killed those people, but he should have never been sentenced to death. His program almost won a nobel peace award, yes he deserves punishment. Something like life in prison. Look at what he was doing in prision, why not just keep him in there? But no, some people just need to watch another person DIE to remain satisfied. I'm sorry, but when a man does a reversal like that and accomplishes what he has, then he deserves something back.

GTown02
12-14-2005, 09:11 PM
Yes the man killed those people, but he should have never been sentenced to death. His program almost won a nobel peace award, yes he deserves punishment. Something like life in prison. Look at what he was doing in prision, why not just keep him in there? But no, some people just need to watch another person DIE to remain satisfied. I'm sorry, but when a man does a reversal like that and accomplishes what he has, then he deserves something back.
I agree for the most part. He should have been spared his life, and just spend the rest of his life in prison. I tihnk I read somewhere that he helped somewhere in the neighborhood of 150,000 kids from joining gangs and the violence associated with it. So I dont think he should have been executed. How could Tookie have done more good? Dead or Alive? I think he could have helped more people alive and in prison.

Packattack94
12-14-2005, 09:12 PM

Funny, everyone finds GOD in prison. How would you feel if it was your son or daughter? probably a little different, right? We have courts, judges, and juries for this exact thing - The people have spoken!

InTheBagIsBACK
12-14-2005, 09:16 PM
No i know what you mean, alot of criminals become religious during prison

WHAT YOU FREAKING FAIL TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT HE CREATED A PROGRAM THAT SAVED MANY IMPOVERISHED KID'S LIVES FROM GANG VIOLENCE.

let me repeat this, HE ALMOST WON THE NOBEL PEACE AWARD.

this man did not only become religious, he then did something about it
which most criminals do not do....

Packattack94
12-14-2005, 09:23 PM

WHAT YOU FREAKING FAIL TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT HE CREATED A PROGRAM THAT SAVED MANY IMPOVERISHED KID'S LIVES FROM GANG VIOLENCE.

OH, I'm sorry ..... Keep the program, Kill the MURDERER! It's people like you that whine and cry over a justice that was done.

InTheBagIsBACK
12-14-2005, 09:26 PM
your an idiot, people like me what? what do we do? we express our opinions

OH EM GEE, GOD FORBID WE EXPRESS OUR OPINIONS.

Yeah, the justice was done.....whatever I know that I'm just saying that it should have NEVER been done. Yes, he was sentenced to death in 1981. But in 93 he founded that program. That means the Governors of CA had 12 years to see what he has done, and he did a tremendous amount. He should have just remained in prison for life.
You sir, need to look up the facts yourself

GoOwls
12-14-2005, 09:33 PM

You are making the great liberal mistake. You are unable to seperate the mans' acts that got him there in the first place with the changes that he has made AFTER he is faced with his own mortality. He has left a great legacy, but the 4 people we know of that he has killed with a shotgun and the uncounted others who have died through gang activity caused by the gang he created, the Crips, have no benefits of his amazing reversal. All of those thousands of dead people are still very dead, and the blood will forever be on his hands. Our system of juristprudence is the only thing that can stand up for THEM.

Using your logic, if Hitler had survived WWII, and hadn't been executed for war crimes and the murder of uncounted millions, the world should embrace him as a changed man if he had somehow changed, after the fact, into a newfound man of the people. Don't be so rediculous. Whatever he accomplished in prison and whatever he became is only a partial payment for all the death, pain, and destruction Tookie created in his "previous" life. Possibly, if he hadn't been so hellbent on being a bada$$, he could have found that person before he took lives. He didn't, and had to pay the untimate price for his wrongs......seperate of the good he may have done later, upon further introspection.

Packattack94
12-14-2005, 09:36 PM
your an idiot, people like me what? what do we do? we express our opinions

OH EM GEE, GOD FORBID WE EXPRESS OUR OPINIONS.

Yeah, the justice was done.....whatever I know that I'm just saying that it should have NEVER been done. Yes, he was sentenced to death in 1981. But in 93 he founded that program. That means the Governors of CA had 12 years to see what he has done, and he did a tremendous amount. He should have just remained in prison for life.
You sir, need to look up the facts yourself

It's tree huggers like yourself that makes me sad to be an American!!! If you knew you were going to die, wouldn't you change? Damn,get real, yes his program has/will help people, however he committed a CRIME! MURDER! So we should just slap him on the wrist and say" It'll be okay, don't worry about killing those people since you changed and started a program and all"

InTheBagIsBACK
12-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Oh but you fail to make a good analogy. Hitler is a much different person. The man killed many many people. He took over a country and led a dictatorship. Here's a lil history for you...

The CRIPS were formed as a way to clean up the projects they were called "Community Revolution In Progress", they tried cleaning out the community by getting rid of gangs, and tried to lead the impoverished black people against the racist cops. In doing so, the group snowballed into a gang that took violence as a resort to gangs, turfs started to appear, and then drug wars came into place. The Crips and The Bloods then had their disputes. All the while Tookie Williams sees what he has created and how he can not stop what it will become. And you too would agree, If he would try to stop it right then and there, he would have been killed

InTheBagIsBACK
12-14-2005, 09:39 PM
lol tree huggers like me? Is it because I'm democratic lol...
ok you wanna start this kind of fight

you are a bushloving/guntoting/countryredneckhick/ racist ******* that wants to take oil from countries other then his/ ruin our economy in every way possible so that a DEMOCRAT can fix it all up again/ and then...take shots at a liberal guy...just because he has some opinions

wow.....back the f*** up redneck

Packattack94
12-14-2005, 09:46 PM

you are a bushloving/guntoting/countryredneckhick/ racist ******* that wants to take oil from countries other then his/ ruin our economy in every way possible so that a DEMOCRAT can fix it all up again/ and then...take shots at a liberal guy...just because he has some opinions

The gloves come off.......
It's you crybaby lib dems that want abortions (MURDER), same sex marriges(morally WRONG), and to open our borders to everyone. Get a life! I'm loosing IQ points by arguing this with you.

LoneRocket
12-14-2005, 09:46 PM
Because of street gangs we lost a lot of people in the 80's and early 90's. I remember when I saw the movie colors I said I am glad our city is not like that a few years later it was getting that way. I found the following links about Stan's supporters.
http://www.savetookie.org/bio.html

http://www.tookie.com/tookie_fact_sheet_10.18.05.pdf

They claim he was convicted on faulty evidence, I think they are trying to say that he was setup like former Black Panther Geronimo Pratt who was exonerated after spending 27 years on death row after it was proven that law enforcement agencies had set him up to get a conviction.

InTheBagIsBACK
12-14-2005, 09:49 PM
LOL, abortions are not wrong. The fetus has not even fully developed yet when it is killed. The fetus has no brain activity or anything yet..
It is not murder, IT's a woman's choice. I'm sure it would morally correct for a 15 year old to keep a baby, and then not be able to take care of the baby, and ultimately ruin both lives....

About the same sex marriages, I am neutral on that. Gays do deserve rights, they shouldn't be spat on by people. But, you're using the bible as the law. The law is supposed to be fair and equal sir, Gay people should have equal rights as well...

InTheBagIsBACK
12-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Oh, and about the border issue.
OH LETS JUST not let anyone in. There are poor Mexican people out there that are trying to escape the harsh realities that us Americans do not face. Corrupt cops run rampant there, drug trafficing has gone crazy, and the standard of living is poor there. So yeah, let's just keep them in that hell whole. Or wait, let's just use our system we have today that keeps em waiting there for years until they get approved.

Packattack94
12-14-2005, 09:54 PM
LOL, abortions are not wrong. The fetus has not even fully developed yet when it is killed. The fetus has no brain activity or anything yet..
It is not murder, IT's a woman's choice. I'm sure it would morally correct for a 15 year old to keep a baby, and then not be able to take care of the baby, and ultimately ruin both lives....

About the same sex marriages, I am neutral on that. Gays do deserve rights, they shouldn't be spat on by people. But, you're using the bible as the law. The law is supposed to be fair and equal sir, Gay people should have equal rights as well...

Do you believe in God? The bible? If so , you have no arguement.
If not, you have more faith than me, believing that we came from nothing!

GoOwls
12-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Oh but you fail to make a good analogy. Hitler is a much different person. The man killed many many people. He took over a country and led a dictatorship. Here's a lil history for you...

The CRIPS were formed as a way to clean up the projects they were called "Community Revolution In Progress", they tried cleaning out the community by getting rid of gangs, and tried to lead the impoverished black people against the racist cops. In doing so, the group snowballed into a gang that took violence as a resort to gangs, turfs started to appear, and then drug wars came into place. The Crips and The Bloods then had their disputes. All the while Tookie Williams sees what he has created and how he can not stop what it will become. And you too would agree, If he would try to stop it right then and there, he would have been killed

Well then, if he had done the RIGHT THING and tried to stop it and got killed, he wouldn't have been around to shotgun those 4 people......right? The dude made bad choices and they don't not get cancelled out by "after-murder awakenings".

GoOwls
12-14-2005, 09:56 PM

Right, the Dow hit a 5 year high today. The economy sucks. Idiot.

GoOwls
12-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Oh, and about the border issue.
OH LETS JUST not let anyone in. There are poor Mexican people out there that are trying to escape the harsh realities that us Americans do not face. Corrupt cops run rampant there, drug trafficing has gone crazy, and the standard of living is poor there. So yeah, let's just keep them in that hell whole. Or wait, let's just use our system we have today that keeps em waiting there for years until they get approved.

Wait, I thought you said he Crips were started to fight corrupt cops HERE. Just how many ways do you want you cake buddy?

LoneRocket
12-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Right, the Dow hit a 5 year high today. The economy sucks. Idiot.
Thats because the fed said they are not going to raise interest rates for a while after it incresed a quarter point this week.

InTheBagIsBACK
12-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Ummm you need a trip to Mexico dude...
their justice system is different from ours
your guilty till proven innocent.

I hope you know, that their are alot of corrupt cops here in the US, but there are far more in Mexico buddy....

GTown02
12-14-2005, 10:02 PM
This topic is going nowhere... Tookie was executed lets just leave it at that. This namecalling bullcrap is old. Everyone has different views and you wont change their view no matter how hard you try.

FYI Im not aiming this reply at a specific poster, I just cant figure out a way to say it better ;).

wide-e-wide
12-14-2005, 10:04 PM

Dude you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
I probably shouldn't say this...but what the hell. Everybody on
here knows I was no angel growing up.

I can assure that is not how the Crips were formed. And this is coming from someone with a tat on his hand to this day. A tat that my wife desperately wants removed. I know homeboy....why do you think I posted RIP to Tookie...and 6 poppin' 5 droppin'....since you know so much about the game...run it down to me...tell me all about it. What does that mean?

InTheBagIsBACK
12-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Whatever Wide, you think I know nothing, so whatever...

lol 1 day here, and people are already snarling

Packattack94
12-14-2005, 10:08 PM

You are right........ you do know nothing!

GoOwls
12-14-2005, 10:09 PM

Look moron, two people, a man and a woman, have sex. From that act an egg is fertilized. In any case that you know of, has any product of that coupling ever produced a dog.....a cat......a bear? No. In each case the product of that coupling has been a human at some stage of development. It may not have brain activity, but it is undeniably human and will develop into a human. What makes you think you or anyone else has the right to terminate that innocent life and decide when it's life is viable? Oh, that's right, you believe that Tookie has the right to murder folks and walk away from it all. At least you are sickly consistent.

wide-e-wide
12-14-2005, 10:10 PM

Let's hear it...what does it mean?
Since you know all the history of it...tell me some...I'm interested.

Or do you need some more time to Google it?

and let me go on record as saying....I am a Democrat...but I have nothing in
common with this clown. This is why people think we are all idiots.
This must be what it feels like to be a 2% aggy...

GoOwls
12-14-2005, 10:11 PM
Thats because the fed said they are not going to raise interest rates for a while after it incresed a quarter point this week.

I've been making money off my stock funds for the last 37 months on a consistant basis. You gotta do better than that excuse.

LoneRocket
12-14-2005, 10:14 PM
I found a link about the history of gangs in the LA area
http://www.gripe4rkids.org/

http://www.gripe4rkids.org/crips.html

LoneRocket
12-14-2005, 10:16 PM
I've been making money off my stock funds for the last 37 months on a consistant basis. You gotta do better than that excuse.
What are you investing in? I saw that article on the evening news last night.

GoOwls
12-14-2005, 10:17 PM

Above you said, "The fetus has not even fully developed yet when it is killed.

One question.......how do you kill something that is not ALIVE?

Packattack94
12-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Above you said, "The fetus has not even fully developed yet when it is killed.

One question.......how do you kill something that is not ALIVE?

Inthebagisback believes his own lies

GoOwls
12-14-2005, 10:21 PM
What are you investing in? I saw that article on the evening news last night.

S&P tracking funds and agressive Dow tracking funds with a 50/50 split. Made over 5% last month alone, over 3% the month before. 8% of a 6 digit portfolio is major cash for retirement.

LoneRocket
12-14-2005, 10:23 PM
S&P tracking funds and agressive Dow tracking funds with a 50/50 split. Made over 5% last month alone, over 3% the month before. 8% of a 6 digit portfolio is major cash for retirement.
Something to consider, I made a killing with tech stocks. I was able to bail out before the bottom droped out.

SeguinMatadors
12-14-2005, 10:24 PM
I will just tell my veiws on the issues without explaining because everything is just going to get bashed now.

I am a Christian. Nondenominational.

I am anti-abortion.

I am anti gay marrige.

I am anti letting mass amounts of Mexicans into America.

wide-e-wide
12-14-2005, 10:24 PM
I found a link about the history of gangs in the LA area
http://www.gripe4rkids.org/

http://www.gripe4rkids.org/crips.html

I told 'yall homeboy didn't know what the hell he was talking about.
Like I had to tell you that though....

GTown02
12-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Whats your Tat of Wide? If you dont want to say, thats quite alright ;).

ktchamp97
12-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Man, this thread has really run the gamut...

Death penalty
Abortion
Tree-huggers
Immigration
Gangs
Nobel Prizes
and Investment Advice

Personally, I ain't no tree-huggin' hippy, but I don't like the Death Penalty. But, on the other hand, I hate to see convicted murderers, rapists, etc. leave prison before serving their full sentences...I wish those sentences were actually enforced, but I don't think it's right for a man to kill another man. I acknowledge the fact that I would most probably feel differently if one of my family members were affected by one of these heinous criminals though...but I still think it's wrong...it's a complex issue.

I'm totally against abortion. Some people like to bring up "what happens if the delivery will kill the mother?" That is extremely rare, but I think that could be handled on a case-by-case basis. In general, it should not be allowed. Once the sperm penetrates the egg, life has begun. If you can't handle the responsibility of having a kid, don't have sex.

Immigration is another extremely complex issue and one that I don't have a good handle on, so I will pass on that.

I don't have anything to add on gangs or Nobel Prizes...

As far as investment advice...since I have no money with which to invest, I have no advice to offer. Buy low, sell high, I suppose, haha.

wide-e-wide
12-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Whats your Tat of Wide? If you dont want to say, thats quite alright ;).

It's a jailhouse tat I got almost 17 years ago. It's hard to explain what it means...but it's a gangster disciple tat. It won't be there much longer...I could have had it taken off a long time ago...but I left it on there as a reminder. I also used it when I was a substance abuse counselor. Kids listen to you if they know you have been there. The tat gave me credibility...and they would talk to me before they would anybody else.

Sacred Ground
12-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Hey, you posters can talk the talk, and walk the walk. I'm impressed. You are very knowledgeable in your political beliefs. You have to be when debating
political issues.

On the subject of illegal immigration, did anyone see "60 Minutes" last Sunday?
The U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Dept. stated they have a new problem since they put up walls and barriers in the border cities were the illegals were crossing by the hundreds daily. "60 Minutes" asked, "are the walls and barriers not working." The U.S. I & N Dept. said, "yes, they are working, but know they are crossing in the desert areas of the border states and the Border Patrol is finding them dead by the hundreds out in the desert due to dehydration and starvation and that is a problem".

There is a petition in the making that will be presented to the government requesting they build a wall enforced with barbwire fencing and underground motion detectors that will run from the Pacific to the Gulf at a cost of 6 billion dollars. It will be interesting to see if this idea ever materializes.

lonny23
12-15-2005, 09:25 AM
From Ex-Crips Co-Founder to Death Row Inmate, Tookie Williams has spent the majority of his life behind bars. It is only now that we take a few minutes of our life to pause and acknowledge his excistence....before it becomes no more.

Below is the latest details of the Ex-Gang Lords' tragic and perhaps useless life. Personally I say "Do the crime do the time!", in other words, "Tookie....25 years ago you were a "god"...you were the "man"...25 years ago you took a pump shotgun and murdered several human beings....25 years ago you did wrong.....and it is time to pay for what you did....if you, truly, want to show gang members where they'll end up if they don't "go straight".....allow justice to take its' course"

Not to sound harsh....but I just have one question...."If he gets clemency....can his murdered victims get clemency, as well?!"

REUTERS
DECEMBER 12, 2005

Is Stanley Tookie Williams a cold-blooded killer who has duped Hollywood with feigned innocence, phony assertions of redemption and embellished claims of his sway over gangland Los Angeles to escape execution?

Or is Williams, who is scheduled to die shortly after midnight on Tuesday, a wrongly convicted man who nevertheless devoted a quarter century in prison to troubled kids, saving 150,000 lives from behind bars in a campaign worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize?

The debate over the most discussed U.S. execution in recent memory hinges on the wildly divergent views of the 51-year-old man who sits on San Quentin's death row.

The transcripts of Williams 1981 trial paint a disturbing picture of the former Crips gang leader, who was convicted of shooting four people to death with a shotgun during two robberies, later boasting about the gurgling sounds convenience store clerk Albert Owens made as he died.

During the trial, prosecutors say, Williams plotted to kill a sheriff's deputy and an accomplice who was expected to testify against him, then blow up a bus full of inmates with dynamite to escape in the resulting chaos.

After the jury read their guilty verdict Williams, according to transcripts, looked to jurors and mouthed: "I'm going to get each and every one of you motherfu*****!"

Williams supporters, who include film star Jamie Foxx and rapper Snoop Dogg, charge that there no evidence linking him to the crimes, suggesting he was railroaded by a racist, all-white jury after three blacks were removed from the panel.

DOES TOOKIE MATTER?

Prosecutors say evidence showed Williams purchased the 12-gauge shotgun used in the crimes and point to testimony by an accomplice that Williams shot Owens. Two witnesses said he confessed to the murders.

Williams declined to testify in his defense, calling his step-father, girlfriend and two fellow inmates as witnesses.

Defenders say he found redemption in San Quentin, writing books urging children to reject violence and renouncing his gang life. He offered counseling by telephone to school kids.

They say his stature as a "founder" of the notorious Crips gives him a unique ability to steer youth away from gangs and assert that he has saved 150,000 lives. He has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize five times for his anti-gang work and four times for the literature prize by backers who include university professors from the United States and Europe.

But gang experts dispute Williams' claims to have founded the Crips and say he has little influence over teens. Los Angeles Police Chief Bill Bratton has said that few gang members had likely heard of Williams before press coverage of his execution.

Williams has said he now regrets his role in the Crips but has refused to debrief authorities on the gang, saying that doing so would brand him a "snitch."

Others have said that Williams' books are a crass publicity campaign that have sold only a few hundred copies each.

A spokesman for Williams' publisher, Power Kids Press, refused to give out sales figures for the eight books but said three were still in print.

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger denied clemency on Monday to Stanley Tookie Williams, citing the former Crips gang leader's lack of remorse for four brutal murders.

The rejection, following the denial of last-minute appeals by two top courts, clears the way for Williams to be executed by lethal injection at 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday for murdering four people in two 1979 petty robberies around Los Angeles.

"Stanley Williams insists he is innocent, and that he will not and should not apologize or otherwise atone for the murders of the four victims in this case," Schwarzenegger wrote. "Without an apology and atonement for these senseless and brutal killings there can be no redemption."

"Based on the cumulative weight of the evidence, there is no reason to second guess the jury's decision of guilt or raise significant doubts or serious reservations about Williams' convictions and death sentence."

The case has generated widespread interest and fierce debate over the death penalty in the United States because Williams, 51, has written a series of books warning young people against gangs and says he has found redemption.

Civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson said he broke the news to Williams that Schwarzenegger had denied clemency as the inmate met several supporters in prison. "He said 'Don't cry, let's remain strong,"' Jackson told Reuters. "He smiled, you know, with a certain strength, a certain resolve."

"I think he feels a comfort in his new legacy as a social transformer," Jackson said.

The inmate's supporters argued he should have been spared so he could continue his anti-gang work from behind bars.

In a rare coincidence in death penalty cases, Williams has said he met Schwarzenegger at a Los Angeles-area gym in the 1970s when both men were enthusiastic bodybuilders.

The governor, weakened by a loss on all his initiatives in a special election he called last month, would have risked alienating his Republican party if he granted clemency.

"In this case, the one thing that would be the clearest indication of complete remorse and full redemption is the one thing Williams will not do," Schwarzenegger wrote.

At San Quentin State Prison north of San Francisco, a prison spokesman described Williams as quiet and cooperative and said he did not request any special final meal.

FINAL APPEALS DENIED

Also on Monday, the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals rejected the latest appeal by lawyers to reconsider the case. Pondering their fifth habeas corpus petition on the case over the past quarter century, the state Supreme Court also rejected the petition on Sunday night.

Ronald George, the California Supreme Court's chief justice, told Reuters last week that there was "something wrong" with a system in which judges must routinely ponder last-minute death row filings after two decades of decisions.

Williams was convicted in 1981 of killing Albert Owens as he lay facing downward on the floor of a 7-Eleven convenience store in a $120 robbery. Two weeks later, Williams shot dead an elderly Taiwanese immigrant couple running a motel, as well as their visiting daughter.

Williams' large team of lawyers continued to file legal petitions in the hours before the execution, including to the U.S. Supreme Court and a request for a reprieve from Schwarzenegger. "We will not rest until 12:01 a.m. tonight," attorney Jonathan Harris told reporters.

The case has drawn wide attention to a large extent because of the dedication of a former journalist, Barbara Becnel, who edited his anti-gang books and served as a co-producer of a film staring Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx about Williams.

The scheduled execution comes just over a week after a double murderer became the 1,000th prisoner to be executed in the United States since the 1976 reimposition of capital punishment.

"I am not the kind of person to sit around and worry about being executed," Williams told Reuters in an interview last month. "I have faith and if it doesn't go my way, it doesn't go my way."
I say let him die. Gangbangers need to see they have to pay for their crimes.

lonny23
12-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Funny, everyone finds GOD in prison. How would you feel if it was your son or daughter? probably a little different, right? We have courts, judges, and juries for this exact thing - The people have spoken!
Sometimes God is a crutch. I worked with a guy who started going to church to give the appearance he was trying to be a good guy and not make mistakes. It was all a farce because he would sit there and tell me all the girls in the audience he slept with or wanted to sleep with.

For some people it's real. They hit rock bottom and find God at that time. You usually find God when you have nothing else to stand on. Mike Barber, the former Tight End, does a lot of prison ministry in Texas. My mom met him before and doing prison ministry is something I may do one day.

lonny23
12-15-2005, 09:34 AM

I've heard conflicting reports on how much good he did. I don't know who to believe.

lonny23
12-15-2005, 09:53 AM
I will just tell my veiws on the issues without explaining because everything is just going to get bashed now.

I am a Christian. Nondenominational.

I am anti-abortion.

I am anti gay marrige.

I am anti letting mass amounts of Mexicans into America.
I'm not going to bash you.

I'm Christian and my dad was a Non-denominational pastor. I mostly go to Assemblies of God churches.

Anti-abortion.

Anti-gay marriage. Hey, it's sin. God loves and will forgive them, but it's still sin.

The mass amount of foreingers that have entered the country over the years has diluted our values and love for God. It has taken away our national sovereignity.

Miss Kitty
12-15-2005, 10:42 AM
you are a bushloving/guntoting/countryredneckhick

He says that like it's a bad thing. :D

lonny23
12-15-2005, 11:16 AM
He says that like it's a bad thing. :D
He doesn't even realize how both parties are really friends with each other. We had 7 U.S. Senators spend the night over here a few days ago and they were from both parties.

InTheBagIsBACK
12-15-2005, 03:22 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/scarface6590/pwnt2.gif

bubbacoach
12-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Wow, The guy got what he deserved for killing those people. Would he have changed if he would not have been caught? Maybe, but probably after he killed a few more people. And getting nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize, Woopee, Yazir Arifat (Spelling was either nominated or won one) So that is not saying much.

InTheBagIsBACK
12-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Wow, The guy got what he deserved for killing those people. Would he have changed if he would not have been caught? Maybe, but probably after he killed a few more people. And getting nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize, Woopee, Yazir Arifat (Spelling was either nominated or won one) So that is not saying much.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/scarface6590/saw2_doll.jpg

Packattack94
12-15-2005, 06:41 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/scarface6590/saw2_doll.jpg

Good comeback!

InTheBagIsBACK
12-15-2005, 06:43 PM
more of a threat, lawlz!

Packattack94
12-15-2005, 06:45 PM
more of a threat, lawlz!

Oh my,big man threatining on a forum board.

bubbacoach
12-16-2005, 06:45 AM
I am not sure what the hell that picture is of. Can anyone explain that art to me. All the art in my house has either been stuffed, mounted, put on a board, or has an animal picture.

Miss Kitty
12-16-2005, 07:25 AM
Bubba, thanks for stepping up and asking that question. I was wondering the same thing.

Reaganrattler07
12-16-2005, 11:52 PM
I am not sure what the hell that picture is of. Can anyone explain that art to me. All the art in my house has either been stuffed, mounted, put on a board, or has an animal picture.

I think its about Saw....like a horror movie or something

Reaganrattler07
12-16-2005, 11:53 PM
I haveta say....after reading a lot of the posts here I've got a lot more respect for people on here (especially wide)...and even less respect for itsinthebag.

wide-e-wide
12-16-2005, 11:58 PM
I haveta say....after reading a lot of the posts here I've got a lot more respect for people on here (especially wide)...and even less respect for itsinthebag.

Wow...what did I do to warrant that?
seriously...

Reaganrattler07
12-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Wow...what did I do to warrant that?
seriously...

I was just reading over posts and now that I've taken a "break" from the board and that Finals are finally over, maybe somethin changed.

wide-e-wide
12-17-2005, 12:07 AM
I was just reading over posts and now that I've taken a "break" from the board and that Finals are finally over, maybe somethin changed.

oh...I was just wondering what I said that would cause you to say that?

I was actually trying to stay calm. I hate when people talk about something that they know nothing about...and try to pass it off as the gospel.
Unfortunately...I know a lot about this subject. From being involved in it...and helping kids get away from it. It's a lot deeper than most people think. It ain't a movie that's for sure.

Reaganrattler07
12-17-2005, 12:10 AM
oh...I was just wondering what I said that would cause you to say that?

I was actually trying to stay calm. I hate when people talk about something that they know nothing about...and try to pass it off as the gospel.
Unfortunately...I know a lot about this subject. From being involved in it...and helping kids get away from it. It's a lot deeper than most people think. It ain't a movie that's for sure.

Well, Itsinthebag i think has a lot to learn.....and he has plenty of room for common sense.

But I do think Tookie got what he deserved though....and if it were really up to me....I might not have used lethal injection....considering the way he killed those people.

wide-e-wide
12-17-2005, 12:17 AM
Well, Itsinthebag i think has a lot to learn.....and he has plenty of room for common sense.

But I do think Tookie got what he deserved though....and if it were really up to me....I might not have used lethal injection....considering the way he killed those people.

I really don't have an opinion either way.
If it were someone in my family that he killed...I would
want him to stay alive...and suffer in jail for the rest of his life.
I think the death penalty lets people off easy.
Anybody who has spent any amount of time in jail will tell you...
That is torture...You wanna make somebody pay...let them rot in
a cell every day...and know that they are NEVER going to get out.
That way they have to think about what they did...every second,every minute of every day.
Tookie made efforts to make his life somewhat better. He wanted to get the message out to kids..."don't be like me" and for that he should have been commended...
But he never admitted he did it...he never expressed remorse or gave an apology...
He will have to answer to someone much more powerful than us for doing that.

Packattack94
12-17-2005, 07:55 AM
The man paid is debt with his life. The things he done while in prison were good, but by no means makes up for what he did. I appollogize for my comments about him earlier in this thread. The man is gone, let's let the dead rest.

Reaganrattler07
12-17-2005, 03:57 PM
That way they have to think about what they did...every second,every minute of every day.
Tookie made efforts to make his life somewhat better. He wanted to get the message out to kids..."don't be like me" and for that he should have been commended...
But he never admitted he did it...he never expressed remorse or gave an apology...

Depends what kind of prison it is....if it's a third world prison and he WILL stay there for the rest of his life....I'll do that over the death penalty....but not in an American Jail.

LoneRocket
12-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Depends what kind of prison it is....if it's a third world prison and he WILL stay there for the rest of his life....I'll do that over the death penalty....but not in an American Jail.
In an American jail you have to spend your time fighting not to get ****.

Redneckn
12-18-2005, 10:44 PM
This thread sure got interesting. All the way around interesting. I hate that I was outta town and missed the fun.

I have come to the conclusion, since tookie was "put away", that pretty much the same people that think the OJ verdict was good are the same people that think tookie should have remained alive.

I have several reasons for feeling like tookie finding himself dead is a good thing.
First: He murdered people.
2nd: He would never admit to those crimes or apologize.
3rd: Why should he live out the rest of his life on my dime?

My next point is this: Tookie "waiting" on death row for all those years is part of the reason people are not scared to kill other people. They know they can sit there with 3 hots and a cot for years "working" the system and have a pretty good chance of either beating the rap, getting paroled, or just getting life.
The next reason people arent scared of killing people anymore is because of the way they execute them nowadays.

If the trial ended, the man was guilty, and within 72 hours, they drug the s.o.b. out front and hung him on national tv, people would be less eager to go around killing folks. That is the truth plain and simple. It would all but do away with murders.
Our justice system would need a major overhaul for this to work and be effective, but it could be accomplished.

implacable44
12-20-2005, 12:59 PM

If you are not going to sentence people to death -- which is what should happen -- then they should be sentenced to hard time -- breaking rocks - working - not lifting weights - dealing drugs watching tv etc -- they should be assigned HARD LABOR all day -- every day. CHAIN GANG -- all this inhumane treatment - Dang ACLU.

Fat Boy
12-20-2005, 01:05 PM

REUTERS
DECEMBER 12, 2005

DOES TOOKIE MATTER?

FINAL APPEALS DENIED

u posting BS like u know the man u aint no crip and u show aint no blood u just a regular working person let that man RIP crab

thestud
12-20-2005, 01:08 PM
couldnt agree with you more there implacable, if im not mistaken they make the license plates down in huntsville