PDA

View Full Version : Division II state championship

pack98
12-10-2005, 05:34 PM
rematch katy and SLC. going to be one hell of a game.

BigFanSLC
12-10-2005, 05:36 PM
so pack u picked katy huh???

cougardude
12-10-2005, 05:39 PM
rematch katy and SLC. going to be one hell of a game.

Your title line has two "ones" instead of two "I" to stand for Division II. ;)

dragonfootballfan
12-10-2005, 05:41 PM
we need to make this a public poll so that we can see who voted for which team

pack98
12-10-2005, 05:46 PM
how do you make it public. and i did vote for katy. but SLC is just a amazing team and they are the last team to beat SLC in a long time can they do it again?

i am so amazed with the great halftime adjustment they made against my panthers. great coaching.

but this week i am going to go with the katy tigers.

gwdaddy
12-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Ron Mendoza, who runs the Carroll defense, is amazing with the adjustments for the 2nd half.

dragonfootballfan
12-10-2005, 05:50 PM
how do you make it public. and i did vote for katy. but SLC is just a amazing team and they are the last team to beat SLC in a long time can they do it again?

i am so amazed with the great halftime adjustment they made against my panthers. great coaching.

but this week i am going to go with the katy tigers.
at the bottom of the page you have to click an option that says public poll. I don't think you can change it now though

rellufnalla
12-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Second game of the season, I said Katy was going to play SLC for the state title. My wife said I was outta my mind to even think it so early in the season.

Maybe I'm just nuts about Tiger football.

pack98
12-10-2005, 05:56 PM
i cant wait to watch this game. will come home next friday and watch this one. Saturday.And that is the truth SLC had a great halftime adjustment, great team,great coaching, playing the last team to beat them. going to be a good game.

Red Raiders
12-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Southlake Carroll def. going to win this game and it will be probably better than Lufkin game.

BigWhiteJake
12-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Yall all know what I think about this game...at least lets give Katy some credit and say that the score will probably be kept in check....I highly doubt SLC will put up 50 or hold us below 10

COVE THUNDER
12-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Great game for both teams.. I dont know who to go for in this one.. And when this happens I allways go for the most southern team.. BUT in this case I just dont know Lol....:D

TXfbfan
12-10-2005, 07:02 PM
I have one question, who has SLC seen that is smash mouth

gldneagles
12-10-2005, 07:34 PM
i would suspect several teams. this is going to be a very difficult game for katy. i am for the tigers all the way. they must bring their character for this one.

katy fan for the next week.

green day
12-10-2005, 07:44 PM
And I have one 'too. Who has Katy seen that is 62-1? Should be 63-0. Katy got lucky , as I recall. But I'll give them credit- they closed it out and got it done. Katy vs Carroll- sounds like two girls going at it but it should be a great Football game!!!

warbird00
12-10-2005, 08:03 PM
And I have one 'too. Who has Katy seen that is 62-1? Should be 63-0. Katy got lucky , as I recall. But I'll give them credit- they closed it out and got it done. Katy vs Carroll- sounds like two girls going at it but it should be a great Football game!!!

As a great coach once said, if you coulda, you shoulda. Katy took care of business like great teams do, but i think you would agree that SLC came back with a vengence the next year. I bet some on that team and their fans have waited for this rematch since that game. SLC will come out with a fire and Katy should be ready for it. I think it will be close because of the way Katy plays the game, but in the end the Dragons get their revenge on the Tigers. (Though I hope the Tigers do pull out another win vs. SLC) Katy is 1-0 vs the Dragons in 5-A. The rest of the state is 0- a million.

gldneagles
12-10-2005, 08:11 PM
have you ever seen a real girl-fight? doing what ever it takes to win! that's what i expect next week! should be one heck of a game!

Fan4Life
12-10-2005, 08:19 PM
have you ever seen a real girl-fight? doing what ever it takes to win! that's what i expect next week! should be one heck of a game!

haha good post

AZTiger
12-10-2005, 08:25 PM
well, i voted for katy (duh) but we have GOT to play better next week than we have the last 2 weeks, but I feel the team knows that.

Our defense was put in nothing but crappy situations by our offense today and responded well. I don't expect SLC to attack us with the same between the tackles running game SV did today, so we'll see what happens. For you SLC fans calling for fifty something - to teens scores in your favor....get real. You're obviously "new" SLC fans. Those who were there in 2003 know that this game won't be your typical "ho hum SLC blowout." Both these programs have a tremendous amount of respect for each other. Yeah Katy won in 2003, but you don't look past a record like SLC's. SLC obviously knows Katy has what it takes to beat them and will be hungry.

Just as the 2003 title game was the best ever in the state of Texas....I feel this years game could be just as good. Good luck to both teams (except for dragonfootballfan, I'm sure all week he'll find something to whine about).

exbearkat
12-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Got lucky...yea, that's it. You're a joke man.

BigFanSLC
12-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Let me just say that the team that doesn't turn the ball over will win this game.

SLC has turned the ball over i think 6 or 7 times the past two games, and if they do that against Katy it will be a worse beating then the one point loss in 2003.
I see SLC winning, but not by 50+, i know what Katy is capable of and how they play Tiger football.

SLC- 27
Katy- 17

nate
12-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Let me just say that the team that doesn't turn the ball over will win this game.

SLC has turned the ball over i think 6 or 7 times the past two games, and if they do that against Katy it will be a worse beating then the one point loss in 2003.
I see SLC winning, but not by 50+, i know what Katy is capable of and how they play Tiger football.

SLC- 27
Katy- 17

I predict at least 3 more Dragon turnovers next week.

SLCDad
12-10-2005, 09:15 PM
SLC will be sky high for this game. This is our chance to avenge the only blemish in our incredible streak. The team and the fans will be pumped!!!! I expect 15,000-20,000 fans on the SLC side (albeit many of those won't be specifically SLC fans).

SLC is playing at another level this year. The 2005 Dragons are the best team we have ever had. Better than 2002, 2003 or 2004.

Katy is an outstanding team. They will give SLC everything they can handle. In the end, however, SLC does not lose this game.

ktCarl
12-10-2005, 09:19 PM

How can you say holding the State's most potent offense to 15 points is lucky? You SLC fans need to reel this guy in. You know we like and respect ya'll. We both don't need this guy and we'll bark at any of our smackers too.

ktCarl
12-10-2005, 09:22 PM

SLC- 27
Katy- 17

If our guys miss assignments like in the Cy- Falls game and get as conservative as the coaches did in the 2nd half of the SV game you guys will blow us out. I guess that's what makes this game fun. No one really knows what's gonna transpire. Here's to hoping Katy brings their A game next week!

exbearkat
12-10-2005, 09:26 PM
SLC will be sky high for this game. This is our chance to avenge the only blemish in our incredible streak. The team and the fans will be pumped!!!! I expect 15,000-20,000 fans on the SLC side (albeit many of those won't be specifically SLC fans).

SLC is playing at another level this year. The 2005 Dragons are the best team we have ever had. Better than 2002, 2003 or 2004.

Katy is an outstanding team. They will give SLC everything they can handle. In the end, however, SLC does not lose this game.
Will you still think this years version is "the best ever" if they were to lose this weekend?

BigWhiteJake
12-10-2005, 09:40 PM
exbearkat and ktcarl...

SLC fans, they do not speak for the intelligent half of katy, its just lucky makes it sound like we didnt deserve to win...we all realize winning by a blocked punt for a safety is fortunate...

Coaching won that game for Katy, Johnston, Massey and Joseph ate Todd Dodge's lunch, but that WILL NOT happen again...the first time Katy deserved to win, we got THE BREAKS but also dont forget the field goal formation we failed to get in place, sure you can counter that with heartley's one in a million miss, but nevertheless, yall were so much better than us, you should not have given us the chance to win.

Heres the thing about Saturday...both teams really want to kick the other teams ***. SLC for the one loss, and Katy because we all think SLC will kill them. Because of that a lot of 'talent' will be negated, HOWEVER, if Leonard Hewitt cant gaurd almight mckay (and mckay if you read this please transfer from BYU to Texas!) Will or Darren sure as hell cant. I think that could be the big X factor. I said if Katy beat a good team I would give them respect, they beat one, so hear it is...(PS when someone puts your team in the state game from day 1 that is respect)

Southlake 35
Katy 20

drgnbkr
12-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey, were all excited to play you guys again..he's just blowin smoke....lets have a good week of posting & ignore the smack

BigWhiteJake
12-10-2005, 09:47 PM
i am excited too, mainly because this is the game i put from day 1 in my bracket, and am looking forward to my winning the money pool, but for the game too. i just cant decide if i want to make the trip to irving or not...the game will be on fsn right?

drgnbkr
12-10-2005, 10:06 PM
i am excited too, mainly because this is the game i put from day 1 in my bracket, and am looking forward to my winning the money pool, but for the game too. i just cant decide if i want to make the trip to irving or not...the game will be on fsn right?

It'l be on something..it always is...

KT2000
12-10-2005, 10:42 PM
I just hope everyone keeps the talk football related and everything doesn't degrade to cheap trash talk.

Both of these programs are beyond that sort of thing, and I'd rather spend time talking x's and o's of the match-up with everyone on here rather than worrying about who to ban/what posts to delete.

Let's have a good week and an even better game!!!!!

drgnbkr
12-10-2005, 10:45 PM
I just hope everyone keeps the talk football related and everything doesn't degrade to cheap trash talk.

Both of these programs are beyond that sort of thing, and I'd rather spend time talking x's and o's of the match-up with everyone on here rather than worrying about who to ban/what posts to delete.

Let's have a good week and an even better game!!!!!

I agree..other than argueing about the venue last week, we had a good healthy week with Lufkin. Looking forward to the good fans of katy!

dragons08
12-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Ron Mendoza, who runs the Carroll defense, is amazing with the adjustments for the 2nd half.
mendoza, man id be scared of that guy, did you see him arugeing with the lufkin coach when the team was streching?

BigWhiteJake
12-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Kt2000 I promise I'll be on my best behavior this week. But hold me back over in the college forum, someone just said Leinart was a better QB than VY...

t00 playa
12-10-2005, 11:01 PM

got lucky? whatever man, thats pretty funny. :eek:

This will be a good game for sure... these two teams are tops in making adjustments.... lets see who has the edge

BigWhiteJake
12-10-2005, 11:15 PM
too playa, i already admitted it, its ok, we all saw it, its like pretending the holocaust didnt happen... we agreed we would say fortunate though and not lucky, much like ktchamp97 and i agreed we would for the katy/cy falls game

exbearkat
12-10-2005, 11:38 PM
too playa, i already admitted it, its ok, we all saw it, its like pretending the holocaust didnt happen... we agreed we would say fortunate though and not lucky, much like ktchamp97 and i agreed we would for the katy/cy falls game
Would you also consider Mouton blowing by the SLC secondary for the game winning TD "lucky?"

DragonBand06
12-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Drop the freakin' "Lucky" talk.

Katy played a better game, and they won. Sure, there were unfortunate happenings that led to that - like a missed chip shot FG attempt by a missless Garrett Hartley, but it matters not. That's water under the bridge. All I have to say is that Katy can count on a Green Out next weekend - with the game being at TS and our first chance to avenge that nasty black mark Katy left, I think that the SLC side will be a sea of Green.

Listen for the band!

D-Band06

P.S. My feet are all sweaty and smelly after that Lufkin game today.

BigWhiteJake
12-10-2005, 11:48 PM
well good point and no...
but i would consider....
1) Garrett Hartley missing a 23 yard field goal....fortunate
2) Paul Thornton blocking a punt...fortunate
3) Will's (and I will admit fantastic) interception to close the game...fortunate

See, without those first two things happening we 'lose'.

PS if you read my posts i believe katy deserved to win, its just idiotic to claim that we will beat them now based on beating them then, because that game could have gone either way, and i think most would agree that if they played 100 times (although irrelevant) SLC would win more than 50

DragonBand06
12-10-2005, 11:50 PM
but i would consider....
3) Will's (and I will admit fantastic) interception to close the game...fortunate

PS if you read my posts i believe katy deserved to win, its just idiotic to claim that we will beat them now based on beating them then, because that game could have gone either way, and i think most would agree that if they played 100 times (although irrelevant) SLC would win more than 50

I completely agree. Where is my point not valid?

BigWhiteJake
12-10-2005, 11:54 PM
it just comes across as you saying that we didnt deserve to win, thats why everyone gets so up in arms about it.

HeadMan
12-11-2005, 12:10 AM
So how many people vote on who is actually going to win and not against SLC just because they don't like them? Last week like 70% of posters said Lufkin would win. Based on that I'd say these are pretty much scientific.

BigWhiteJake
12-11-2005, 12:12 AM
polls are pointless on here, just a rank of how many fans are from each school. no way in hell are we 70-30 over slc in anything

KatyLinebacker47
12-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Southlake Carroll def. going to win this game and it will be probably better than Lufkin game.

Who are you to say that SLC is definately going to win. I bet you said that 2 years ago too. But I am here to inform you that you were wrong. This game will not be decided until Saturday. K?

dragons08
12-11-2005, 01:26 AM
a little birdy tells me SLC

DragonNation
12-11-2005, 02:26 AM
We will destroy Katy next week. Katy's defense can't stop our offense. We will put 50 up easy. Katy might score 20 in mop up time.

BigWhiteJake is a pathetic example of a Katy supporter. Southlake Carroll Dragons will beat Katy on Saturday and make BigWhiteJake like it.

exbearkat
12-11-2005, 09:30 AM
We will destroy Katy next week. Katy's defense can't stop our offense. We will put 50 up easy. Katy might score 20 in mop up time.

BigWhiteJake is a pathetic example of a Katy supporter. Southlake Carroll Dragons will beat Katy on Saturday and make BigWhiteJake like it.
Awesome! Can't wait to make the 4 hour trip to see us get "50" hung on us! Sweet! :D :rolleyes:

SLC Dragon Fan
12-11-2005, 09:49 AM

Let's stop the trash talk DN. Most of the SLC fans on the board stay clear of the trash talk and respectfully talk Xs and Os. Especially when we're dealing with a classy group of fans like Katy!

drgnbkr
12-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Amen to that..lets have a good week.

rellufnalla
12-11-2005, 10:02 AM
I doubt either team will score more than 28 points. The win will be by 3 or less either way. Special teams performance will be the deciding factor here.

Anyone thinking 50 points has had their memory clouded by 31 games.

my3sons
12-11-2005, 10:03 AM
Hats off to Katy and what they have accomplished. Katy is 1-0 vs SLC. Everyone else is 0-62. SLC wants Katy, however, they want their 6th state championship even more. Should be good. I would like to see who Katy played in the playoffs and compare the 2 team's playoff run.

SLC played Irving Mac 9-1, Allen 9-2, Abilene 12-0, Plano 13-0, Lufkin 14-0. Total 57-2. Didn't Katy play a 4 loss team? Katy doesn't have control of who they play. I realize you play who is up next. But whoelse has Katy played? SV wasn't undefeated either. Some good Katy fan, please list your playoff run. Thanks.

Gigantatron
12-11-2005, 10:08 AM

WOW, those are bold words, it reminds me of 2003. So i guess we should not even drive to Dallas. I mean with no chance of even giving them a game? Please!!!!! I dont understand how anybody can even make a prediction about this game? And why they would want to.... Both teams are great, both teams are well coached and prepared, and both teams have been wanting to face each other this whole year. Just show up sat. and enjoy the war. As for BIGWHITEJAKE I think he is just trying to give his opinion and not be bias.

p.s. Go Katy win State:D

KTMOM91
12-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Why bother?

The game will be played on the field next Saturday at noon by the players, not the fans. Who cares who beat who by how much --- remember we are from a very "weak district", it's very unfortunate for us in Katy, so I don't really think you should bother with our past games and opponents.

See you next week!

tigerlair
12-11-2005, 10:15 AM

Sounds like a lot of hot air breathing dragon talk. Get ready dragonnation, the K-Train is coming to town.

KTHoC
12-11-2005, 10:24 AM
D-Band06

P.S. My feet are all sweaty and smelly after that Lufkin game today.

Man! Did we have to know that?!! Puhleease! do not take your shoes off during the game this Saturday!! Your band members may toss you out of the stadium! Or they may have to stop the game to fumigate the place!! :eek:

dragonbuck
12-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Why is this game at TS???? Last time we played was in SA, which I would call neutral. Was that Katy's pick in 03 on a coin toss? If so, why would they have not picked a "home" site instead of SA?:confused:

ftballin11
12-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Hats off to Katy and what they have accomplished. Katy is 1-0 vs SLC. Everyone else is 0-62. SLC wants Katy, however, they want their 6th state championship even more. Should be good. I would like to see who Katy played in the playoffs and compare the 2 team's playoff run.

SLC played Irving Mac 9-1, Allen 9-2, Abilene 12-0, Plano 13-0, Lufkin 14-0. Total 57-2. Didn't Katy play a 4 loss team? Katy doesn't have control of who they play. I realize you play who is up next. But whoelse has Katy played? SV wasn't undefeated either. Some good Katy fan, please list your playoff run. Thanks.

U know SV relied on this same logic last week after we nearly lost to a 9-4 Cy-Falls team. I dont think its a very good way to judge a team.

KTHoC
12-11-2005, 10:28 AM
I believe it was agreed to be aneutral site and Katy chose the AlamoDome. I don't know what the SLC pick would have been. That was a longer drive for them in 2003. This year with some locations unavailable, the home, home coin flip was the only options. Is Texas Stadium a artificial turf? :cool:

dragonsdaddy
12-11-2005, 10:31 AM
I believe it was agreed to be aneutral site and Katy chose the AlamoDome. I don't know what the SLC pick would have been. That was a longer drive for them in 2003. This year with some locations unavailable, the home, home coin flip was the only options. Is Texas Stadium a artificial turf? :cool:
field turf- been there for a couple of years. in perfect condition.

drgnbkr
12-11-2005, 10:31 AM

Texas Stadium's turf is, I believe, only 2 years old...and is the field turf variety that had the little black dust in it at first, but it is in good shape. There is a big crown.

rellufnalla
12-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Who you played and their record does have an impact on the outcome of a matchup.

There is a lot more to consider though. The O & D game strategies that each team brings to the field - how they work against each other.

When comparing those stategies, I see Katy having a better chance of winning when comparing a Katy/ SLC matchup to a Katy/Lufkin or a Katy/SV matchup. Had Lufkin beat SLC this weekend, I would have thought chances for a Katy win to be very low.

That said, I honestly don't believe that SV would have beat SLC at state if they had won yesterday.

my3sons
12-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Happens all the time. Comparisons of opponent runs are typical. That is all I am saying. I'd like to see Katy's run. I'll look it up. See you Sat.

ktchamp97
12-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Happens all the time. Comparisons of opponent runs are typical. That is all I am saying. I'd like to see Katy's run. I'll look it up. See you Sat.
FB Clements (7-3) - W 48-0
Cy Creek (8-3) - W 53-14
B. West Brook (8-1) - W 42-8
Cy Falls (9-4) - W 32-28
Smithson Valley (13-1) - W 17-14

lufkin_82
12-11-2005, 10:52 AM
after what i saw yesterday i cant go against SLC. not only are they that good, the also have payback on their mind from a few years ago. good luck and safe travels to both teams

HOOKEM
12-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Another poster out of the woodworks for the state game.
Face it Katy beat you the first time, but I give SLC the edge this time.
SV shut Katy dow the second half, SLC should be able to do the same.

TexasRed6x
12-11-2005, 11:19 AM
This game will bve over by half time, and I am not trying to give the Katy fans a hard time. SLC is on a roll and playing in their back yard. They will have 20,000 fans just on their side lines for this game. I do not see Katy staying with them this year, but it was another good year for Katy football.

SLC 41
Katy 17

Good luck to both teams.

exbearkat
12-11-2005, 11:28 AM
This game will bve over by half time, and I am not trying to give the Katy fans a hard time. SLC is on a roll and playing in their back yard. They will have 20,000 fans just on their side lines for this game. I do not see Katy staying with them this year, but it was another good year for Katy football.

SLC 41
Katy 17

Good luck to both teams.
As quite a few SLC fans seem to forget, the dragons were playing out of their minds in '03 and many of the same "over by half-time" predictions were made as well. Well, obviously, this is a new year and season, but considering what history tells us, one would THINK you guys might not make such bold predictions yet AGAIN.

insider
12-11-2005, 12:11 PM
As quite a few SLC fans seem to forget, the dragons were playing out of their minds in '03 and many of the same "over by half-time" predictions were made as well. Well, obviously, this is a new year and season, but considering what history tells us, one would THINK you guys might not make such bold predictions yet AGAIN.

Really don't think that what the posters are saying will influence things one way or the other - history notwithstanding. The players on the field this Saturday will have the one, the only and final say in the matter.

Now if realignment or loss of seniors let our boys get a bit further in district :(

green day
12-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Another poster out of the woodworks for the state game.
Face it Katy beat you the first time, but I give SLC the edge this time.
SV shut Katy dow the second half, SLC should be able to do the same.
Hey, I resemble that remark. I'm well over 20 posts for my career! Didn't mean to disrespect Katy's victory. Was just thinking the irony of an awesome kicker missing that FG. I will use better discretion in the future and avoid late night Saturday posts.

Good luck(oops, there I go again) to both schools next week. What a match-up!!

}THS{LaNcEr
12-11-2005, 12:27 PM
my friend thought it was funny how katy and carroll are girls' names.

haha.

CATFIGHT!

Dawg Fan
12-11-2005, 12:30 PM
SLC wins by 10 IMO

38-28

just too many weapons. Katy hasn't scored very much the last two games and the SLC defense is very good.

dragons08
12-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Man! Did we have to know that?!! Puhleease! do not take your shoes off during the game this Saturday!! Your band members may toss you out of the stadium! Or they may have to stop the game to fumigate the place!! :eek:
the smell will fit in with the horrible smell that is texas stadium

pepbear92
12-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Katy 38
SLC 33

1st Q - Katy comes out of the gates & scores 2 touchdowns in the 1st quarter - one drive eats up about 5 minutes which allows SLC only one possession (TD, but a missed extra point)

Katy 14, SLC - 6

2nd Q - SLC's 2nd drive stalls out with an incomplete pass on 4th & 5 on the Katy 25; Katy responds with a solid drive which results in a FG; next SLC drive produces a long TD pass that cuts the deficit to 4 points. Katy responds with a long pass of its own, but the score gives SLC too much time - the 2 minute offense produces another SLC strike in the end zone.

Halftime.... Katy 24, SLC 20.... This is where the game will be won or lost, Katy has had back-to-back 3rd quarter disasters; if it happens agains, SLC will pull away & win it. If Katy can match SLC in this quarter, Katy will grind it out in the 4th quarter for a victory.

3rd Q - SLC opens up with a good drive that results in its 1st rushing TD of the game, but once again, a missed extra point gives some of the momentum away; Katy answers with a couple of mid-range passes & then punches it in with a solid rushing game.

Katy 31, SLC 26

4th Q - SLC mixes in a great rushing & passing game which leads to a beautiful TD pass in the corner with 8 minutes to go. Katy's offensive line begins to wear down SLC & punches in another TD after a 6 miute drive. THis is where the mixed extra points haunts SLC. They move into the red zone, but are forced to try to go for the TD. THE SLC QB makes his only mistake of the game which results in a int. on a desperate 4th down play.

Katy 38, SLC 33...best game in history of 5A state finals.

Seriously - The keys to the game.

1) Can the Katy defense slow down the offensive machine of SLC? If they can cause some long drives, the SLC QB does have a tendency to force passes & make some critical turnovers.
2) Can the Katy QB & receivers take advantage of SLC's secondary? If the Katy offensive line can give him some time & the QB displays the accurracy he has for the majority of the season, it will be an exciting shootout, because Katy will get its yards on the ground.
3) Can the SLC kicking game keep them out of trouble? This aspect almost cost them against Plano, but Plano was too one-dimensional to take advantage in the 2nd half.

2 X-Factors
1) This is clearly a home game for SLC(very used to playing in TS) - will the new surroundings throw off the focus of Katy a little?
2) A lot of new blood for both teams, which of the less experienced players will step-up & execute?

BAMF cowboy
12-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Katy 38
SLC 33

1st Q - Katy comes out of the gates & scores 2 touchdowns in the 1st quarter - one drive eats up about 5 minutes which allows SLC only one possession (TD, but a missed extra point)

Katy 14, SLC - 6

2nd Q - SLC's 2nd drive stalls out with an incomplete pass on 4th & 5 on the Katy 25; Katy responds with a solid drive which results in a FG; next SLC drive produces a long TD pass that cuts the deficit to 4 points. Katy responds with a long pass of its own, but the score gives SLC too much time - the 2 minute offense produces another SLC strike in the end zone.

Halftime.... Katy 24, SLC 20.... This is where the game will be won or lost, Katy has had back-to-back 3rd quarter disasters; if it happens agains, SLC will pull away & win it. If Katy can match SLC in this quarter, Katy will grind it out in the 4th quarter for a victory.

3rd Q - SLC opens up with a good drive that results in its 1st rushing TD of the game, but once again, a missed extra point gives some of the momentum away; Katy answers with a couple of mid-range passes & then punches it in with a solid rushing game.

Katy 31, SLC 26

4th Q - SLC mixes in a great rushing & passing game which leads to a beautiful TD pass in the corner with 8 minutes to go. Katy's offensive line begins to wear down SLC & punches in another TD after a 6 miute drive. THis is where the mixed extra points haunts SLC. They move into the red zone, but are forced to try to go for the TD. THE SLC QB makes his only mistake of the game which results in a int. on a desperate 4th down play.

1) Can the Katy defense slow down the offensive machine of SLC? If they can cause some long drives, the SLC QB does have a tendency to force passes & make some critical turnovers.
2) Can the Katy QB & receivers take advantage of SLC's secondary? If the Katy offensive line can give him some time & the QB displays the accurracy he has for the majority of the season, it will be an exciting shootout, because Katy will get its yards on the ground.
3) Can the SLC kicking game keep them out of trouble? This aspect almost cost them against Plano, but Plano was too one-dimensional to take advantage in the 2nd half.

2 X-Factors
1) This is clearly a home game for SLC(very used to playing in TS) - will the new surroundings throw off the focus of Katy a little?
2) A lot of new blood for both teams, which of the less experienced players will step-up & execute?

this isn't the same secondary as '03. you'll learn quickly that this dragon defense is quite a ways better.

overall...a good post. i like the way you predict the game, it seems pretty fair, although i think the fourth qtr will be a tad different

BigWhiteJake
12-11-2005, 10:02 PM
ill just chill and let yall eat this post alive...
if you are like me and wondering what new blood hes talking about, i guess its tre newton and aundre dean...
i think those are the only two guys that werent in high school when the last game was played, both teams have a ton of two year starters, and a few 3 years...
Anyways, yeah yall go ahead, ill be right here watching

dragonsdaddy
12-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Katy 38
SLC 33

Katy 14, SLC - 6

Katy 31, SLC 26

2 X-Factors
if 9 int in almost 500 passes is a tendency, then i agree. but 52 tds isn't a tendency to make big plays either.

my3sons
12-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Katy 38
SLC 33

Katy 14, SLC - 6

Katy 31, SLC 26

2 X-Factors

Better check and see when the last time Carroll gave up 38 points. Oh, that's right, our basketball team gave up 38 the other night. :D Haven't seen anyone in Texas do it in football. Maybe some dude wearing orange and white named Vince might have a chance. I doubt that even the modest ardent of Katy fans would predict their juggernaut offense scoring 38 against SLC. Slc 42-21 over Katy. #6 State Championship coming back to Southlake. 3 out of 4 years Class 5A State Champs. 63-1 overall in 5A. Check the record books, nobody!

KatyLinebacker47
12-11-2005, 10:13 PM
ill just chill and let yall eat this post alive...
if you are like me and wondering what new blood hes talking about, i guess its tre newton and aundre dean...
i think those are the only two guys that werent in high school when the last game was played, both teams have a ton of two year starters, and a few 3 years...
Anyways, yeah yall go ahead, ill be right here watching

Trent Hunter is another sophomore making big plays this year. On special teams he is unstoppable. And if you think he's good at that you should see him when he's in at RB. Not a bad returner either.
Ryan Doerr is also the punter but may get pulled if he starts kicking like he did against SV and then Sheck will come in.

my3sons
12-11-2005, 10:15 PM
FB Clements (7-3) - W 48-0
Cy Creek (8-3) - W 53-14
B. West Brook (8-1) - W 42-8
Cy Falls (9-4) - W 32-28
Smithson Valley (13-1) - W 17-0

Thanks KT Admin(can't call you KT Champ, it goes against my grain to call you champ) 45-12 by my calculation. Southlake's was 57-3 by my count. Doesn't mean a whole lot. Just some nice info to think about. I know my Lufkin, Plano, and Abilene brethren are looking at this as well.

BigWhiteJake
12-11-2005, 10:30 PM
matt, trents not what i would call unstoppable, as a matter of fact that #11 from SV stopped him and sent him the other direction on a punt return...lol hahahahaha, i hope yall laughed at that at video, anyways he fumbles too much at rb for my tastes...however, you need not worry, dre is well on his way to being d1 all everything

TrojanHorse03
12-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Heres an opinion from a neutral observer anyone who think this will be a Southlake rout is crazy. Even though I picked Southlake to win, I don't think Southlake wins by more than 10. I know their will be those who bring up Katy's playoff opponents and its true they dont compare with who's Southlake has played. However I think what Katy did to win in the final minute vs Cy Falls is one of the most impressive wins in the playoffs not because of the opponent so much but because there wasn't a more resilient win. That game as well as last week's game versus Smithson Valley just tells me that Katy is a hard sumamab-tch to kill like one of those killers in a slasher movie. In my opininon the outcome of the came mostly depends on one thing. I think Andy Dalton needs to be more like Steve Nash and less like Kobe Bryant, his main thing is he needs to be efficient in this game make the throw that are their and don't feel the need to force anything. I think Katy's running needs to take center stage like it did at the onset of the Smithson Valley game, it set the tone early. I said this before the plano game that Justin Jordan a speedy playmaker much like Katy's Brandon King needed to be the focus more than Sfikas. And as I figured Jordan only had 17 carries which didn't give him an opportunity to take over a game the way u need in a competitive ballgame especially should you have a lead on the likes of Southlake(on the other end of the spectrum Tre' Newton had a Todd Dodge era record 31 carries). I know that the matchup between Southlake's offense and Katy's defense is also very important but I think it will probably be beat to death. I personally think Southlake's defense has been more instrumental to Southlake getting to this point and it has certainly surprised those who have already faced them and what I think is missed is that to slow down Southlake's O you must also have efficient play out of your own.

pepbear92
12-11-2005, 11:05 PM
I know that many of the players on the field Sat. were on the teams a couple of years ago; however, most were not playing - big difference don't you think. I recognize that they have been successful to this point, but the Final is a much bigger stage... whoever handles that pressure the best will come out on top.

Just because nobody has scored 38 on SLC yet doesn't mean it can't happen - nobody held them to 15 points in '03 except Katy, huh? My hope is for a shoot-out, because it would be a blast to watch. But both teams' defenses holding down the score wouldn't shock me either.

dragonfootballfan
12-11-2005, 11:07 PM
I know that many of the players on the field Sat. were on the teams a couple of years ago; however, most were not playing - big difference don't you think. I recognize that they have been successful to this point, but the Final is a much bigger stage... whoever handles that pressure the best will come out on top.

Just because nobody has scored 38 on SLC yet doesn't mean it can't happen - nobody held them to 15 points in '03 except Katy, huh? My hope is for a shoot-out, because it would be a blast to watch. But both teams' defenses holding down the score wouldn't shock me either.
I bet you that Carroll has had more people that played in a state championship game than Katy has.

pepbear92
12-11-2005, 11:09 PM
On the INT's - I watched the SLC QB throw 4 in the playoffs (3 against Plano) - the Katy defense is reknown for its discipline just like Plano's - that's why I project it could be a factor.

my3sons
12-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Southlake has thrown a few INT's. However, there have also been a few TD's thrown as well. Katy isn't playing a team that just throws on 3rd down. We'll see how KT handles the pressure the SLC offense puts on defenses. Should be fun. Looking forward to about 3-330 on Sat. Playing at Texas Stadium, with the hole in the roof, allows God to watch his Dragons play and win another State title.

BigWhiteJake
12-11-2005, 11:19 PM
qbs throw picks...that happens, mcelroy has great accuracy, it will be tough for will to get a pick because hes gonna have to cover MJ or else MJ will run wild all day long. DK will be locked on Renfro, which takes those two out of the INT factor barring an errant pass from mcelroy. Same for SLC, agnew will be on fuda...heres my take though, i dont think this game is going to be high flying like we all think. I could see two teams in the 20's, but i dont see both teams eclipsing 30, both defenses are just too stingy and well coached...likewise, you will see both defenses in a constant prevent, to keep passes in front of them, this will lead to the clock running more which will make a shorter game of it...

If Southlake cannot effectively use its run, they will be in trouble.

If Katy allows the game to get high tempo, they will be in trouble.

If Katy is not ahead/tied at halftime, it could get ugly.

Katy does not have the personnel to rout SLC, that is a fact.

WildcatFan
12-11-2005, 11:21 PM

Plano and if you don't believe me ask Clint Renfro!

my3sons
12-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Plano and if you don't believe me ask Clint Renfro!

Plano and Lufkin play physical. Don't let the scores of the games with SLC fool you. Both games were a hitters dream. Plano and Lufkin could just as easily be playing Katy for state. In fact, I believe both Plano and Lufkin would beat Katy. Just goes to show you that SLC adapts to any style. They have the athletes to win it all.

BigWhiteJake
12-11-2005, 11:32 PM
whoa timeout!!!! lufkin with its starting qb, is even

katy'd whip plano

my3sons
12-11-2005, 11:35 PM
Why would Katy whip Plano?

da hawaiian
12-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Call me a homer...SLC for me, see you guys at the game...look for the guy in the BYU threads and the USC hat lol

BigWhiteJake
12-11-2005, 11:38 PM
better players top to bottom? better coaching? better qb? better o line? better special teams play? katy is a higher tier team, i put them in state from day 1. slc is in a league of its own. next echelon is lufkin, katy, euless, westfield, smithson, next echelon is plano, garland, longview, judson.

i realize judson beat westfield, however, had beasley finished that would certainly not have been the case

dragonfootballfan
12-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Why would Katy whip Plano?
because he said so

BigWhiteJake
12-11-2005, 11:40 PM
dragonfootballfan, you just made a new friend

TrojanHorse03
12-12-2005, 12:43 AM
If Southlake cannot effectively use its run, they will be in trouble.

If Katy allows the game to get high tempo, they will be in trouble.

If Katy is not ahead/tied at halftime, it could get ugly.

Katy does not have the personnel to rout SLC, that is a fact.

Just as I said Katy's running game will be very important for them to win naturally as well as being efficient on drives, Tre' Newton is even more important for Southlake in this matchup. No secondary can shutdown Southlakes passing games, but Katy's secondary won't be overwhelmed either. When Southlake has stuggled it was the games he was unavailable. But that helped them realize that in tight ballgames like vs. Plano when defenses attention is so focused on not getting burnt that he's even tougher to stop.

dragonman88
12-12-2005, 12:43 PM
This is just my opinion, both teams have proved that they have what it takes to get to the big show. Will both teams be able to play mistake free the whole game, I don't think so. Will both teams be able to shut down each others offense all day, I don't think so. This my thinking, Katy will make a good game with SLC until half time. Katy may even be ahead at half, but I see SLC making better changes in the second half and outscoring Katyby at least 14 points to win the game.

The Iceman
12-12-2005, 12:56 PM
katy is known for being a second half team. look at the cy falls game down by 18 in the third and won that game. i think that slc will bring its best game and likewise for katy. it will be another great game between these two powerhouse teams/. like i posted yesterday who ever has the best week of practice will win this one late.

dragonman88
12-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Go back and ask Lufkin, Plano, and IMac how good SLC was in the second half. SLC has done that all year. Katy may play better in the second half, but SLC impresses me even more every week. Katy is a good team, but I think revenge will be sweet this year in a hard fought game. It will only be worth it if it is a close game. I don't want to see SLC blowing out Katy, I want a good hart fought game for both schools.

jc84chill
12-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Honestly, we all know what SLC can do through the air, but I see a big game from Tre Newton. Katy's LB's just go MIA too often.

On the other hand, I really think Katy can take advantage of SLC stacking the box on 1st and 2nd down. SV just stacked the box (along with everyone else) and played soft on the outside. I thought we could have really exploited this and the deep middle to put the game away (like we did all season), but we had the 17-0 lead and insisted on keeping it between the tackles. You just can't afford pound pound pound, 3 and outs against SLC. On one hand, you want to keep the clock moving, but you can't do that at the expense of not getting a few 1st downs per possession. If you give them too much time with the ball, they will make you pay big time no matter how good the D they are facing is. Now if the run is successful early on despite being clearly outnumbered up front, then that is a whole diff post for another day haha. Although, I don't see that happening against SLC this year.

Just my initial thoughts.

BigWhiteJake
12-12-2005, 04:41 PM
yeah jc i have qualms with katys lb corps as well...they will have a lot of coverage to worry about with that spread, and newton could very well take it to em

would have to agree 100%, good post

my3sons
12-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Southlake's line backers are pretty stout. They should play a big part in stopping Katy's running game.

BigWhiteJake
12-12-2005, 06:53 PM
indeed they are...coughroidscough...sorry we wont get into that

baldtiger15
12-13-2005, 08:31 AM
Southlake's line backers are pretty stout. They should play a big part in stopping Katy's running game.

The DL and OLB are not stout...
They're FREAKIN HUGE. But slow compared to some others I've seen. Yes, they are able to cause havoc against the run, but I'm still not seeing a quality pass rush against a good OL this year.

KaTyTiGeRChIcK07
12-13-2005, 09:08 AM
but i would consider....

I like how you consider all of those guys' hard work "fortunate"...to clue you in on something here is the definition of fortunate- Having unexpected good fortune; lucky. Not trying to be smart with you just trying to let you know that there is no true difference between fortunate and lucky. I believe that in 2003 (mind you it is in the past) Katy and SLC came out with a lot of heart. The Katy boys had nothing to lose and SLC had their perfect record to be lost. Katy went out there and got done what needed to be done and won. Yes, I agree that Hartley's missed FG was unfortunate for SLC and fortunate for Katy BUT as far as saying Thorton's blocked punt being fortunate and Will's interception? I believe both of those were skill, self-discipline and determination. I believe the 2003 game was awesome, but it is also over. Both SLC and Katy are going into this game as the 2005 team, each with plenty to offer. It's going to be a great game and I do not believe it will be a blow out by ANY means. Hopefully everyone realizes that this is a strong team for both schools and this will be the game of the year. Best of luck to both teams, but I really hope Katy will pull this one out (no offense to ANYONE from SLC I'm just a BIG tiger fan). :)

Favpack
12-13-2005, 09:31 AM
Wow - Katy leads in the poll now. If all Katy fans are saying "we've got to play better to win" - it may be a long day for the Tigers. I think the game couldl be really close. I've seen SLC's strengths and weaknesses - but I haven't seen Katy this year.

BigWhiteJake
12-13-2005, 10:36 AM
so fortunate and lucky mean the same thing basically? thanks...

thats just the word ktchamp97 and i agreed on, try reading the posts, but i know all the noobs dont actually do that, nor understand them

dragonfootballfan
12-13-2005, 12:44 PM
The DL and OLB are not stout...
They're FREAKIN HUGE. But slow compared to some others I've seen. Yes, they are able to cause havoc against the run, but I'm still not seeing a quality pass rush against a good OL this year.
which OL was that? Carroll has had like 7-10 tackles for loss in almost every game this year

baldtiger15
12-13-2005, 12:49 PM
which OL was that? Carroll has had like 7-10 tackles for loss in almost every game this year

I watched the Plano game a few times and was impressed with your DL/OLB size and strenght, but not a lot of pressure on the qb. A tackle for loss is not always a sack. You guys stuffed teams plenty on the run for a loss. Granted, your DL is huge and can make a sack just by over powering an inferior OL, but your DL is not as quick as others we've faced.

dragonfootballfan
12-13-2005, 01:00 PM
I watched the Plano game a few times and was impressed with your DL/OLB size and strenght, but not a lot of pressure on the qb. A tackle for loss is not always a sack. You guys stuffed teams plenty on the run for a loss. Granted, your DL is huge and can make a sack just by over powering an inferior OL, but your DL is not as quick as others we've faced.
Plano is an option team. You will not get many sacks when playing an option team because if you get caught up field you will be burned. Carroll's defensive line is very quick and the linebackers are even faster.

BigWhiteJake
12-13-2005, 03:08 PM
the problem faced this week is that the holes will be very tough to open... boydston and co should be able to stay with our OL, however you can be on 100 rush yds just from great play execution... now the problem that presents is that a tied up Oline has a hard time blocking speedy LB's like Benoist, so something has to give. misdirection plays will help, and you will likely see a lot of short passes to alleviate the blitz...

on the SLC side, stopping BK and dre is a must, and agnew will have to play well on fuda all game... if he isnt capable of such then you could see katy in the 30 point range

ftballin11
12-13-2005, 03:16 PM
From what I've heard from a VERY trusting source, SLC defense isn't as quick as SV defense. Not trying to stir anything up, but a simple agree or disagree could do. I don't need somebody calling me an idiot to prove a point when they could just say, "I disagree with you."

BigWhiteJake
12-13-2005, 03:22 PM
the DL are smaller, thus quicker. benoist will be LB speed like you havent seen all year, and agnew is another sindeho (speed, not talent)

Favpack
12-13-2005, 03:50 PM
the DL are smaller, thus quicker. benoist will be LB speed like you havent seen all year, and agnew is another sindeho (speed, not talent)

Benoist killed us in '04 - pretty much shut down Jorvorski with Hansen - I don't recall his name mentioned much, if at all this past Saturday. Neither he nor Agnew nor anyone on the SLC D side were up to the task of controlling our speed Saturday in the first half - we pretty much sliced and diced as we desired.

Nice adjustments were made at half - but the largest adjustment was the fact that our back-up qb was very gimpy. Reece had a great game - but I honestly didn't hear Agnew's name all day - a total nonfactor that I recall. A lb made a great sack in the second half - don't recall his name. SLC ran great stunt gaps up the middle to start the 3rd and our wr playing qb had no ability to adjust.

In all honesty - I saw no more speed this year than I did last year out of SLC's D - but this was just one game and a weird one at that because they didn't know what to expect from us. As I said - good adjustments were made at halftime.

baldtiger15
12-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Plano is an option team. You will not get many sacks when playing an option team because if you get caught up field you will be burned. Carroll's defensive line is very quick and the linebackers are even faster.

Your LB 44 is quick, not near as big as others smashmouth we've played. Your DL... quick?? by whose standards? Slug racing? Seriously, I've seen 75, 64, 62, and 91 all in, and they are freakin huge, but NOT fast. Sure, they are good athletes compared to most others we've seen their size, but quick. nah, sorry- pick another adjective. The OLB's, not impressive either. Good, disciplined, sizeable athletes, not near the speed of SV's DL. Objectively speaking. As for sacks, they threw the ball enough in the Lufkin game, didn't see hardly any pass rush there either. So whatever, disagree with me.

exbearkat
12-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Benoist killed us in '04 - pretty much shut down Jorvorski with Hansen - I don't recall his name mentioned much, if at all this past Saturday. Neither he nor Agnew nor anyone on the SLC D side were up to the task of controlling our speed Saturday in the first half - we pretty much sliced and diced as we desired.

Nice adjustments were made at half - but the largest adjustment was the fact that our back-up qb was very gimpy. Reece had a great game - but I honestly didn't hear Agnew's name all day - a total nonfactor that I recall. A lb made a great sack in the second half - don't recall his name. SLC ran great stunt gaps up the middle to start the 3rd and our wr playing qb had no ability to adjust.

In all honesty - I saw no more speed this year than I did last year out of SLC's D - but this was just one game and a weird one at that because they didn't know what to expect from us. As I said - good adjustments were made at halftime.
Is this Benoist kid the younger brother of Jake who plays for us at Sam Houston? Just curious, thanks.

BengalFan
12-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Plano and Lufkin play physical. Don't let the scores of the games with SLC fool you. Both games were a hitters dream. Plano and Lufkin could just as easily be playing Katy for state. In fact, I believe both Plano and Lufkin would beat Katy. Just goes to show you that SLC adapts to any style. They have the athletes to win it all.
i believe CyFalls and SV could beat plano!

dragonsdaddy
12-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Is this Benoist kid the younger brother of Jake who plays for us at Sam Houston? Just curious, thanks.
yes he is. he has committed to vandy. smart kid. i don't know what either olbs clocked in the combines, but reese ran on the regional finalist 4x400 relay. are there faster lbs? i'm betting so. they have been the main cogs in a pretty salty defense this year.

AZTiger
12-13-2005, 07:13 PM
yes he is. he has committed to vandy. smart kid. i don't know what either olbs clocked in the combines, but reese ran on the regional finalist 4x400 relay. are there faster lbs? i'm betting so. they have been the main cogs in a pretty salty defense this year.

speed at LB is a wonderful thing to have, especially on the outside.

of course, when we had Bucy, the dude ran a legit 4.5 at 6'2 240lbs

SmilinTiger
12-13-2005, 07:17 PM
I like how you consider all of those guys' hard work "fortunate"...to clue you in on something here is the definition of fortunate- Having unexpected good fortune; lucky. Not trying to be smart with you just trying to let you know that there is no true difference between fortunate and lucky. I believe that in 2003 (mind you it is in the past) Katy and SLC came out with a lot of heart. The Katy boys had nothing to lose and SLC had their perfect record to be lost. Katy went out there and got done what needed to be done and won. Yes, I agree that Hartley's missed FG was unfortunate for SLC and fortunate for Katy BUT as far as saying Thorton's blocked punt being fortunate and Will's interception? I believe both of those were skill, self-discipline and determination. I believe the 2003 game was awesome, but it is also over. Both SLC and Katy are going into this game as the 2005 team, each with plenty to offer. It's going to be a great game and I do not believe it will be a blow out by ANY means. Hopefully everyone realizes that this is a strong team for both schools and this will be the game of the year. Best of luck to both teams, but I really hope Katy will pull this one out (no offense to ANYONE from SLC I'm just a BIG tiger fan). :)

Hey Chick, I'm with you. I have a very good feeling about the outcome of this game.

SmilinTiger
12-13-2005, 07:22 PM
so fortunate and lucky mean the same thing basically? thanks...

thats just the word ktchamp97 and i agreed on, try reading the posts, but i know all the noobs dont actually do that, nor understand them

Hey Jake. When did you crawl out from under that rock I sent you to. Nobody in Katy accepts you. Put on some green and sit with the drag queens.

ftballin11
12-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Jake isn't a bad fan or anything, he simply isn't biased. Yeah, we all have our different opinions and Jake's is always different from every other person in Katy but that's no reason to hate. I know Jake personally and he is not a bad person or a "bad fan" to Katy. He is a proud supporter and a friend of nearly the whole team. I've disagreed with Jake many times, welcome to the club that almost this whole board is in!

It's the club for people who have argued with Jake... Nearly every person on this board is in it. Which is why Jake got my most argumentative award;)
Doesn't hate on a team though, just gives his personal honest opinion.(I don't always agree with him either, but hey... who's perfect?)

ktchamp97
12-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Thanks KT Admin(can't call you KT Champ, it goes against my grain to call you champ)

I got my ring in '97...so unless you're a Lobo, I guess I don't understand the diss. ;)

AZTiger
12-13-2005, 07:36 PM
I got my ring in '97...so unless you're a Lobo, I guess I don't understand the diss. ;)

me neither, i've got my ring to prove it as well

BigWhiteJake
12-13-2005, 07:58 PM
thanks ftballin, smilintiger ill get to you later... right now im having to be nice because im trying not to get in anymore fights...this new thing im doing its great... anyways i like the jab you took at me socially, that means you're one of three people, and ill see you at school sweetheart

WestlandTiger'95
12-13-2005, 10:07 PM
matt, trents not what i would call unstoppable, as a matter of fact that #11 from SV stopped him and sent him the other direction on a punt return...lol hahahahaha, i hope yall laughed at that at video, anyways he fumbles too much at rb for my tastes...however, you need not worry, dre is well on his way to being d1 all everything

hey jake...on film he was an INELIGIBLE player.....refs missed that one.....he never came officially on the field...you have to come on passed the numbers...he was hangin out actin like he was on the sidelines and trent never saw him. it was a good shot though.....just not legit. Trent still got up and made the tackle too.

seansvranger
12-13-2005, 10:45 PM
are you joking? Sv knew how to approach the game and knew that katy wouldn't be a walk over. Anyone who saw the Cy falls game would know that Cyfalls came out and was there when it mattered, an interception within the 10 yard line the blocked punt they got.. all of it... Katy Vs. Sv was something entirely different.

Katy ran a defense they have never ran before and it worked(ALOT) it was the difference maker in the game. For those who didnt notice katy would drop their defense ends back if they reconizged the play as a pass play, this helped cover SV's short pass in turn causing the qb to throw over in ends and even overthrow the recievers.

Katy is a great team and a great program as well as SV. Yes. you did beat SV but for anyone who was at the game should really realize how Katy won it... The whole first half was filled with SV's qb overthrowing the recievers who were wide open almost every time down field, if the qb would have been able to put the balls lower into their hands this game would have been completely different. Katy barely beat SV(with SV's missed field goal, Katys field goal that was blocked and just barely made it) SV's QB had the worst game of the year end of story...

Katy I'm with everyone who wants SLC to lose to yall but i dont see it happenening. Unless Carrolls QB plays the worst game of the year don't expect a win let alone a close game.

But i do expect yall to bring it and give SLC a challenge but its gonna be the toughest game for katy ever. If SLC is better than last year like they say, then your players better have their game plans open everyday during class. Katy this year is nothing like the katy team that pulled it out in 03...
Good luck katy, as much as i dont want yall to have it i def dont want Carroll to win it. GO kick some *** and play your hearts out

U know SV relied on this same logic last week after we nearly lost to a 9-4 Cy-Falls team. I dont think its a very good way to judge a team.

exbearkat
12-13-2005, 11:38 PM
are you joking? Sv knew how to approach the game and knew that katy wouldn't be a walk over. Anyone who saw the Cy falls game would know that Cyfalls came out and was there when it mattered, an interception within the 10 yard line the blocked punt they got.. all of it... Katy Vs. Sv was something entirely different.

Katy ran a defense they have never ran before and it worked(ALOT) it was the difference maker in the game. For those who didnt notice katy would drop their defense ends back if they reconizged the play as a pass play, this helped cover SV's short pass in turn causing the qb to throw over in ends and even overthrow the recievers.

Katy is a great team and a great program as well as SV. Yes. you did beat SV but for anyone who was at the game should really realize how Katy won it... The whole first half was filled with SV's qb overthrowing the recievers who were wide open almost every time down field, if the qb would have been able to put the balls lower into their hands this game would have been completely different. Katy barely beat SV(with SV's missed field goal, Katys field goal that was blocked and just barely made it) SV's QB had the worst game of the year end of story...

Katy I'm with everyone who wants SLC to lose to yall but i dont see it happenening. Unless Carrolls QB plays the worst game of the year don't expect a win let alone a close game.

But i do expect yall to bring it and give SLC a challenge but its gonna be the toughest game for katy ever. If SLC is better than last year like they say, then your players better have their game plans open everyday during class. Katy this year is nothing like the katy team that pulled it out in 03...
Good luck katy, as much as i dont want yall to have it i def dont want Carroll to win it. GO kick some *** and play your hearts out
Hmmmm, goes both ways buddy. Katy dominated the first half, end of story. Also, there were several missed opportunities that would have made the score much worse in the end. Either way, face it, the better team won last Saturday.

Time to move on.

baldtiger15
12-14-2005, 08:41 AM
me neither, i've got my ring to prove it as well
The old gang should get together for a photo op, now and then.

Quit raggin on BWJ- he's been a good boy lately. The grown ups are proud of you-.... but keep givin 'em hell!

dragonfly
12-14-2005, 10:57 AM
I keep hearing about Katy's great defense and secondary but they have not had to cover 4 receivers as good as Carroll's. You can argue that Katy will shut down Jacobson and Renfro with your most talented DB's, but the other 2 receivers will have a nice day. Furthermore, IF they can slow Jacobson and Renfro, they will still make some plays and Katy should hope it's not of the touchdown variety. I just think Carroll has too much offense for the Katy defense. JMO.

TheOnceandFutureKnight
12-14-2005, 11:41 AM
Looking forward to about 3-330 on Sat. Playing at Texas Stadium, with the hole in the roof, allows God to watch his Dragons play and win another State title.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

wide-e-wide
12-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Is this thread where all the noobs meet up and talk smack or what?

TXfbfan
12-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Jake isn't a bad fan or anything, he simply isn't biased. Yeah, we all have our different opinions and Jake's is always different from every other person in Katy but that's no reason to hate. I know Jake personally and he is not a bad person or a "bad fan" to Katy. He is a proud supporter and a friend of nearly the whole team. I've disagreed with Jake many times, welcome to the club that almost this whole board is in!

It's the club for people who have argued with Jake... Nearly every person on this board is in it. Which is why Jake got my most argumentative award;)
Doesn't hate on a team though, just gives his personal honest opinion.(I don't always agree with him either, but hey... who's perfect?)

His points arent all that bad sometimes its just that he thinks he knows it all.

Jtate862003
12-14-2005, 12:02 PM
I'd say its the NOOBIE MEETING PLACE... LOL

BUt my prediction for sat

Slc 28 katy 10

BigWhiteJake
12-14-2005, 01:17 PM
has anyone else noticed some appalling errors by noobs? like saying the game was at 3...and saying darren konesheck was taller than renfro...and saying mcelroy is undersized for a qb...there was even one that said bigwhitejake didnt know what he was talking about...

god i just want this week to be over so we can have our old board back

dragonfootballfan
12-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Is this thread where all the noobs meet up and talk smack or what?
where is the place for the veterans to talk smack. Smack talking is one of my favorite past times. I hate smack talking with Katy and Lufkin fans, because I respect them way too much. Smithson Valley is my favorite smack target though.

ftballin11
12-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Nooooo, definately Madison fans win that award.

Give it up, SV did this bad, did that bad, could'nt do this, couldn't do that... THEIR FAULT!!!!! Katy forced SV out of their comfort zone. Madison got on top of SV early, but by 8 and then was nearly done for the rest of the game..(12 more points). Churchill went up on SV and got the win, Katy went up on SV and got the win. Unless you can go back and make a time machine and tell Hill that he is going to lose and needs to change the decision on play calls... then I don't wanna hear it!

Noobs that make posts to stir things up are like little kids... you can toy with them for a little bit but then it just gets rediculous and you have to put them in their place.

trojanman
12-15-2005, 09:30 AM
go katy

toonman
12-15-2005, 09:39 AM
go katy

I thought that you would have wanted the DFW/Tarrant County team to win, rather than the Houston Team. Reading the Trinty-Judson Game, it looked to me that most Carroll fans were wanting Trinity to win. I want all the DFW teams to win their State Championship Games; Highland Park, Celina etc

Sakatha
12-15-2005, 09:51 AM
I thought that you would have wanted the DFW/Tarrant County team to win, rather than the Houston Team. Reading the Trinty-Judson Game, it looked to me that most Carroll fans were wanting Trinity to win. I want all the DFW teams to win their State Championship Games; Highland Park, Celina etc

Ya, I was for Trinity.. Guess that was dumb, huh...

So much for my last reason for rootin' for the sips this Jan 4th.. Apparently there's no such thing rootin' for the local team..

~DnM