PDA

View Full Version : Is there no limit to school spirit...

baldtiger15
12-10-2005, 08:31 AM
They drive like a red and white snake down I-10 flags waving, Tiger stickers everywhere to get to the game 3 hours prior to tailgate, and blow their train whistles. Yesterday however I saw the ultimate. A white minivan with red Christmas lights on every seam. Giant Katy flags at each corner, red tinsel on the roof rack, and giant Katy Tiger magnets on each door. Yes, the driver was wearing red.

I've been to a few hundred HS football games in my day, but is this normal? Is this healthy? Please someone tell me if there are other fans with this enthusiasm across the state, at at what lengths they go to in support of their team.

garlandowl08
12-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Here are a few things:

Just before the south vs. Garland game (one of the biggst rivalries in Texas), there is almost always a car smashing to raise money, and this year I happened to be driving into the stadium behind the south wrangler dudes (like the male cheerleader type guys) and they were all driving pickups with people in the back with their flags that spell "south"...that may not seem that impressive, but this is going down a virtual highway...

Before every Garalnd game this year, a group called the Garland Gaters tailgated...they brought a small charcoal grill and by the end of the season they had approximately 42 propane tanks filled with nuts and bolts as noise makers...they are true high school football fans.

After Garland's last minute victory over John Tyler this year, I rode out of the stadium with my cape billowing (me and my friends dressed up like super heros)...it was awesome.

I love Texas. Hopefully I will never have to leave.

lonny23
12-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Southwest Parkway is one of the busiest roads in Wichita Falls and it was behind the fence at my house that I just moved out of. A bunch of the WF Rider fans were whooping and hollering several hours before the first game against Amarillo Palo Duro and walking on the road and switching vehicles !:D I almost cried because I couldn't go to that game or any other this year.

dragons08
12-11-2005, 01:07 AM
im sure we'll see some crazy things saturday..

Reaganrattler07
12-12-2005, 09:31 AM
They drive like a red and white snake down I-10 flags waving, Tiger stickers everywhere to get to the game 3 hours prior to tailgate, and blow their train whistles. Yesterday however I saw the ultimate. A white minivan with red Christmas lights on every seam. Giant Katy flags at each corner, red tinsel on the roof rack, and giant Katy Tiger magnets on each door. Yes, the driver was wearing red.

I've been to a few hundred HS football games in my day, but is this normal? Is this healthy? Please someone tell me if there are other fans with this enthusiasm across the state, at at what lengths they go to in support of their team.

Be thankful you don't live in San Antonio and have morons in trucks driving 60 in 30 zones with "SV" at the back of them.

jc84chill
12-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Be thankful you don't live in San Antonio and have morons in trucks driving 60 in 30 zones with "SV" at the back of them.

haha...yea...coming home from the Katy-SV game last Sat, I got the middle finger from some SV fans blowing by us in the HOV lane on I-10 (my ride had Katy Flags waving). I just gave em the thumbs up and said "yes, we are #1".

BAMF cowboy
12-13-2005, 06:11 PM
at southlake there is this guy who runs a local photography company. he does pictures for all carroll isd related activites, and takes LOADS of carroll football pictures at the games. he recently got a truck that is like a dragon helmet. its hard to envision, but basically the truck has the green and black stripes up the middle (think dodge viper) and has a huge cattle guard on the front (like the face mask) and has two huge magnetic logos on the side. it's the sweetest thing i've ever seen.

AZTiger
12-13-2005, 09:11 PM
at southlake there is this guy who runs a local photography company. he does pictures for all carroll isd related activites, and takes LOADS of carroll football pictures at the games. he recently got a truck that is like a dragon helmet. its hard to envision, but basically the truck has the green and black stripes up the middle (think dodge viper) and has a huge cattle guard on the front (like the face mask) and has two huge magnetic logos on the side. it's the sweetest thing i've ever seen.

that's pretty cool

i've known several Katy players in the past that rode motorcycles when in HS wore white helmets with decals like our helmets. that's pretty cool

dragons08
12-13-2005, 09:56 PM
yeah, i love that car! that guy is one of the most friendliest guys you'll ever meet..stopped in REB, and just talked about carroll sports with him and what not, its amazing, how he finds time and everything...plus that dog there is awesome! oh and that dude even died his hair blonde! he has the most dragon spirit i have ever seen

CLFalcon2006
12-14-2005, 03:26 PM
When I was a sophomore this senior who was in independent study mentorship (A program where you can basically study any job you want all semester but then u have to turn in a presentation and major project about the job u worked in) did car metal fabrication or something and he bought this really old beat up ford taurus to be his project. He fixed the car beautifully but then, to show his skill with welding added two, 3 to 4 foot falcons wings on either side of the car. He then painted the car navy blue, with red eyes and a beak (hard to describe) and actually drove it to school the day before the north shore-lake playoff game (The one where Bobby Reid tore us apart 52-0). Long story short this kids car was the talk of the town and then he got a ticket and had to keep it at home because with the wings the car took up 2 lanes. Thats the most spirit i've seen out of lake since ive been there.