PDA

View Full Version : The Saddest Day in a While

Crank_It
12-09-2005, 11:25 PM
So this morning I was cleaning the filth that is my room and was clearing some boxes out and stumbled upon my Letterman jacket. Well immediately my entire senior year flashed in my mind and I realized "I will never be able to live that again" and almost started tearing up right then and there. I know its not good to dwell on the past but I was wondering if anyone else has done the same thing and I'm not just acting like a menopausal woman. There are so many great memories I have of high school, why don't we all share some of ours.

dragons08
12-09-2005, 11:28 PM
when the dragons won back to back state titles, my freshman and sophomore years! :D

lonny23
12-10-2005, 03:54 AM
I thought this thread was about the next time I don't post for 24 hours!:D

Hey, there's nothing wrong with thinking of the past. I reflect back on a lot of fun times, but I also keep making fun times, too!

farmerfan
12-10-2005, 04:21 AM
when the dragons won back to back state titles, my freshman and sophomore years! :D

forgive my slowness, i just erased quite possibly the dumbest thing ever.

jtk1519
12-10-2005, 04:29 AM
All that hit me during my graduation. I'm there with 500 or so classmates with 5,000 or so in the arena and a good friend of mine on stage giving his salutatorian speech about cherishing friends and stuff. It hit my like a slap in the face and I teared up some. I do the same time every time I pick up one of my yearbooks. I graduated five and a half years ago so the memories I have are still fresh. I would go back and do it all again in a heart beat.

lonny23
12-10-2005, 04:33 AM
forgive my slowness, i just erased quite possibly the dumbest thing ever.
What did you say? I need a good laugh!:D

farmerfan
12-10-2005, 05:14 AM
What did you say? I need a good laugh!:D
i didnt catch his sarcasm, and i asked him if he was a freshman in 92 clearly not realizing that he was talking of a state championship this year to complete the back to back.

baldtiger15
12-10-2005, 08:44 AM
So this morning I was cleaning the filth that is my room and was clearing some boxes out and stumbled upon my Letterman jacket. Well immediately my entire senior year flashed in my mind and I realized "I will never be able to live that again" and almost started tearing up right then and there. I know its not good to dwell on the past but I was wondering if anyone else has done the same thing and I'm not just acting like a menopausal woman. There are so many great memories I have of high school, why don't we all share some of ours.

KTchamp97, AZtiger, and company- two favorite things... Mat drills. They don't do them like they used to. We were old school. Remember the smell of puke and the chlorine in the pool room? Ahhh, memories. Then when I slid that ring on my finger- and thought about all the times I wanted to quit, sure glad I didn't.

dragons08
12-11-2005, 01:03 AM
i didnt catch his sarcasm, and i asked him if he was a freshman in 92 clearly not realizing that he was talking of a state championship this year to complete the back to back.
minds not what it used to be huh? :p

dragonfootballfan
12-11-2005, 04:39 AM
KTchamp97, AZtiger, and company- two favorite things... Mat drills. They don't do them like they used to. We were old school. Remember the smell of puke and the chlorine in the pool room? Ahhh, memories. Then when I slid that ring on my finger- and thought about all the times I wanted to quit, sure glad I didn't.
Mat drills. Everyone does them, but I doubt that anyone does them like Carroll, maybe Katy.

BigArab
12-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Getting yelled at by coaches. Don't ask me why, but I miss it. Coaches could make up the most ridiculous insults or complaints in a heartbeat. Most of them were pretty vulgar. You didn't dare laugh to their face, but you had a good one over lunch with your fellow football buddies.

Doug Cox had some of the stupidest sayings.

Crank_It
12-12-2005, 04:31 PM
sorry I haven't posted in a while, just got back in town, I absolutely dreaded football practice while I was in high school but when our season ended and now I miss the blazing heat and ten pounds of equipment and when that spring came, I was like "no more spring training? what the hell am I gonna do with all this free time?" so I got my first job ,sonic drive in and lemme tell ya, that place aint so bad if you have 3 or 4 of your buds workin the same shift.

Mat drills were the worst thing we had to do, someone pukes on the mat everyone after has to roll through it, it was sick but when we finished boot camp there was this sense of accomplishment and unity that everyone felt after the gigantic mind-f*ck that is boot camp. Incredible feeling.

KTgrl2006
12-16-2005, 05:33 PM

being on the field as a trainer and being so close to all the athletes my freshman year,skipping school to head to the river or the beach,all the homecomings and stuff....man im gonna miss highshchool.....:(

KTgrl2006
12-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Mat drills. Everyone does them, but I doubt that anyone does them like Carroll, maybe Katy.

ahahaha maybe Katy? COME ON NOW! we're KATY!

"When Excellence Becomes Tradition, Greatness Has No Limits."