PDA

View Full Version : Sadam's Trial

SFAlobo
12-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Ok, is it just me, or is this "trial" in Iraq a complete joke? When has there ever been a defendant, that could be facing execution if convicted, been able to just "not show up" for a trail hearing? What is that all about?

Redneckn
12-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Ok, is it just me, or is this "trial" in Iraq a complete joke? When has there ever been a defendant, that could be facing execution if convicted, been able to just "not show up" for a trail hearing? What is that all about?

They do things differntly there. Just like the defendant jumping up and talking smack to the judge. They really need to put a stop ot it.
What really needs to happen is somebody go ahead and force-feed Saddam some lead and get it over with. The whole worlds knows he's guilty.

Trying to get those folks set up as a democracy is a good thing. But there are some aspects of our system that if flawed. Our judicial system being one of those.

dada
12-08-2005, 02:54 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if they turned him over to the Iraqi people......and they let him go. Loyalty is too deep.

jtk1519
12-08-2005, 11:11 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if they turned him over to the Iraqi people......and they let him go. Loyalty is too deep.

Sadaam would be ripped limb from limb and his genitals would be put on the end of a spear where they would be paraded through the country. Some in that country still love him... a vast majority do not.

southlake thug
12-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Sadaam would be ripped limb from limb and his genitals would be put on the end of a spear where they would be paraded through the country. Some in that country still love him... a vast majority do not.

that would be ideal

BigArab
12-09-2005, 01:54 AM
I have to say I am rather happy. It goes to show that no matter what a person is done, they are given due process of the law under our system. Saddam was a murderous psycho, but he is still going to get a fair trial before he receives whatever judgement. I'm sure it will be death or life in prison. Either way, he does need a guard to smack him a little when he jumps up and starts to shout things. If we're going to have a good ole American trial, might as well have good 'ole American contempt of court rulings.