PDA

View Full Version : Pat F'in Green

AZTiger
12-05-2005, 12:53 AM
Man....did I forget how ****** this guy is live or what? He played here in Tempe, AZ tonight and it was AWESOME.

Funniest thing was thought, I wore my Randy Rogers shirt, thinkin people would wonder "who is that guy" and I had a ton of people come up asking who he was.

Owned05
12-05-2005, 01:12 AM
I hope you're saying that because he played his old stuff. If not then you should be deported for even mentioning '******' in the same sentence as Pat Green.

And it goes to show you how unaware people are of such great bands. You should've told then that Randy wrote one of Kenny Chesneys new songs..then they would've been like "oh! I'll have to check him out then!"

Pat's a sell out. Period.

You don't get much more sell out than going on tour with a guy you repeatedly made fun of in concert (Chesney), when you weren't making millions of dollars, over and over and over again.

farmerfan
12-05-2005, 03:42 AM
I hope you're saying that because he played his old stuff. If not then you should be deported for even mentioning '******' in the same sentence as Pat Green.

And it goes to show you how unaware people are of such great bands. You should've told then that Randy wrote one of Kenny Chesneys new songs..then they would've been like "oh! I'll have to check him out then!"

Pat's a sell out. Period.

You don't get much more sell out than going on tour with a guy you repeatedly made fun of in concert (Chesney), when you weren't making millions of dollars, over and over and over again.

agree 100%. I saw Pat Green in Denton around 98, there were maybe 20 people at this show. It was awesome, that said, I have not seen Pat Green in concert since 2002. I laugh at the thought of how much a 180 he and his music have taken

RR, I saw him in Grand Prarie early in 2004, once again it was awesome, there were less than 50 people at this concert. I still love the Randy Rogers band and im going to see him next thursday night. I just think there will be more than 50 at this concert :D

AZTiger
12-05-2005, 08:18 AM
he did play a lot of old stuff, was his old self on stage (got mad at a security guard and said "get this guy the hell outta here i dont like the way he looked at me"). there was a guy who threw a note on stage asking him to wish his wife happy anniversary, the guards were about to kick him out and pat goes "screw that, you're not kickin that guy out on his anniversary, get the hell up on stage".

he played Nightmare in concert, which i've NEVER heard, and closed the show with Southbound 35....so it was kinda like the old days.

Dude's gotta make his money. Randy gets a cut everytime Kenny's version of Somebody Take me Home gets played (which his version SUCKS).

southlake thug
12-05-2005, 11:21 AM
For real, he is just trying to make some money. If you were in that same situation you would jump on the possibility of making millions over the thousands that he would have made. He is just doing his thing and it is understandable.

Owned05
12-05-2005, 12:04 PM
For real, he is just trying to make some money. If you were in that same situation you would jump on the possibility of making millions over the thousands that he would have made. He is just doing his thing and it is understandable.

Cory Morrow is in that same situation and still hasn't taken the dive into Nashville. I could even argue that Cory is more popular in Texas than PG ever was.

Why do you think that is?

AZTiger
12-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Cory Morrow is in that same situation and still hasn't taken the dive into Nashville. I could even argue that Cory is more popular in Texas than PG ever was.

Why do you think that is?

i disagree with that. Pat was HUGE back in the day circa 1998-2000.

i'd say the biggest red dirt/texas artist right now is CCR

southlake thug
12-05-2005, 12:38 PM

Yeah CCR deff. -- they have been able to juggle the Nashville scene and stay true to there roots real good. They have some real good music.

farmerfan
12-05-2005, 02:16 PM

No you can't fault the guy for taking the money. However it just makes him look bad when he sings about not going nashville and not having much money and what not then making fun of the nashville scene, but jumps at the first opportunity to go. Some people want Pat, thats fine, I'll take Boland, Creager, Max Stalling, Kevin Fowler, Bleu Edmondson and Ray Wylie Hubbard over Pat anyday of the week.

Owned05
12-05-2005, 02:18 PM

I can agree with Ragweed being the biggest act in the whole scene right now.

Owned05
12-05-2005, 02:24 PM
No you can't fault the guy for taking the money. However it just makes him look bad when he sings about not going nashville and not having much money and what not then making fun of the nashville scene, but jumps at the first opportunity to go. Some people want Pat, thats fine, I'll take Boland, Creager, Max Stalling, Kevin Fowler, Bleu Edmondson and Ray Wylie Hubbard over Pat anyday of the week.

Thank you, Farmer.

The guys become a complete dick since going "nashville" aswell. And if you honestly think this guys been true to his roots then you've been smoking them funny cigarettes..

I remember when Cory and Pat would do shows together, they'd pull out a card board cut out of Kenny Chesney and just take turns making fun of him. Since then, not only has Pat made crappy music, he's also been on tour with Chesney.

farmerfan
12-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Thank you, Farmer.

The guys become a complete dick since going "nashville" aswell. And if you honestly think this guys been true to his roots then you've been smoking them funny cigarettes..

I remember when Cory and Pat would do shows together, they'd pull out a card board cut out of Kenny Chesney and just take turns making fun of him. Since then, not only has Pat made crappy music, he's also been on tour with Chesney.

Back in 2001 I went to a show with my buddy at Wolf Pen Creek amphutheatre in college station. Pat was the headline of the show. In front ofthe state they have a little mote, well as pat was playing, guys as they usually do at this venue jumped in the water and started going crazy. Well when they started to get little pat wet, he threw a fit. He told the crowd he was not coming back on stage till those fans were under control and out of the water. After this he walked off stage. My buddy and I were pissed. We started making fun of him right then and there. When he came back on stage, he started talking to the crowd telling us that he did what he had to do for his own security and how he has a family to feed at home and all sorts of BS. It was the beginning of the downfall in my book. Plus his new music just plain SUCKS.

The following year I saw REK at this same place. This show was awesome. As usual REK had the audiences full attention. His ability to mix in real life stories with his music remains the highlight of his shows. He didnt care one bit that fans were playing around in this mote. In fact he loved it. As I have stated, I will never see another Pat Green show in my life. Those who love him that is fine, it is just hard to appreciate him now after getting exposed to him in all his glory back in 1998 before making it big was not even a concern. It truly was about playing for beer and love of music.

garlandowl08
12-05-2005, 05:56 PM

Didn't realize thugs were so in to country...:p ;)

(I'm really just playing, I like country too)

lonny23
12-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Didn't realize thugs were so in to country...:p ;)

(I'm really just playing, I like country too)
I didn't realize these cats were so into music!:D

I don't really have anything to add. I had never heard of Pat living everywhere for so long. Since I've moved back to Texas, I just haven't picked up his music. I will say he looks like he's attributed to act by some of you guys.

SeguinMatadors
12-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Regardless of where Pat Green is in his professional career right now, I will always like the man. His shows used to be the best. He got me into this music. Met em' a few times. Seemed like a good guy. He is just doing what's best for him and his family. Can't say I wouldn't do the same. Most of us would.

KTgrl2006
12-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Man....did I forget how ****** this guy is live or what? He played here in Tempe, AZ tonight and it was AWESOME.

Funniest thing was thought, I wore my Randy Rogers shirt, thinkin people would wonder "who is that guy" and I had a ton of people come up asking who he was.

I LOVE PAT GREEN! I'e seen him at Gruene Hall, and in Austin and at the Houston Rodeo, and im going to see him at Billy Bobs in Ft.Worth friday night! since you know..the Katy Tigers are gonna whoop up Saturday :) I love Pat..AND Randy Rogers, I've seen him live a few times too :)

ktchamp97
12-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Who the hell is Pat Green? Seriously...I remember seeing a bunch of people wearing his T-shirt back when I was at UT...what's the big deal? And who's Randy Rogers?

/braces for the impending hate-storm and ridicule...

SeguinMatadors
12-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Who the hell is Pat Green? Seriously...I remember seeing a bunch of people wearing his T-shirt back when I was at UT...what's the big deal? And who's Randy Rogers?

Ktchamp.. begin downloading Randy Rogers and old school Pat now... Better yet, go to a show.You will love RR if you go to a show.

TheTwelffMan
12-14-2005, 08:15 PM

Dammit boy,he's only the baddest sucker out there. I seen him once at that big damn place up in Ft. Worth. He sang all my favorite songs. It was a blast.
Too many damn sips there though.

ktchamp97
12-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Too many damn sips there though.

I bet. It seemed like every 3rd person on campus was wearing his T-shirt back in the day...seemed rather cultish. That's probably why I was never inclined to check him out...I have this thing against cults :p.

TheTwelffMan
12-14-2005, 08:23 PM
I bet. It seemed like every 3rd person on campus was wearing his T-shirt back in the day...seemed rather cultish. That's probably why I was never inclined to check him out...I have this thing against cults :p.

They like to joke and say we are a cult. But we are just unifide. And we don't have to validify our unity to nobody. Least of which a bunch of potheads in burned orange.

ktchamp97
12-14-2005, 08:28 PM
They like to joke and say we are a cult. But we are just unifide. And we don't have to validify our unity to nobody. Least of which a bunch of potheads in burned orange.

Yeah, I get it "nobody on the outside can understand it (fact) and nobody on the inside can explain it (also fact)"

Just giving you a hard time...it is my duty as a degreed "pothead in burnt orange."

Welcome to the board.

TheTwelffMan
12-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I get it "nobody on the outside can understand it (fact) and nobody on the inside can explain it (also fact)"

Just giving you a hard time...it is my duty as a degreed "pothead in burnt orange."

Welcome to the board.

Thanks. Not all sips are potheads. Some of them are queers. LOL
I hope USC beats on Radio like a drum. I am so sick of hearing about
how invinciable the whorns are.

GoOwls
12-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Thanks. Not all sips are potheads. Some of them are queers. LOL
I hope USC beats on Radio like a drum. I am so sick of hearing about
how invinciable the whorns are.

Well then, stick your pet sheep in your ears like big Q-Tips and you won't have to hear about the Horns or Vince.

BTW, what bowl are you guys going to this year......sorry........forgot you ain't going. Lost too many games...huh?

BTW2, how did you get into aggy with your horrific spelling and sentence structure? I guess they have dropped the enrolement standards to allow rocks into class. Where do you get on the "short bus" to school anyway?:D

Don't you just love these guys, Wide?

farmerfan
12-14-2005, 11:12 PM

The shirts are still being worn to this day. From what I hear, the only good thing about a Pat Green concert is the chicks. However still not enough to get me to go.
Randy Rogers is right now what Pat was about 5 years ago. He has gotten big fast. Just a little over a year or so ago I went to one of his concert in at Nokia in Grand Prarie and there were maybe 50 people there. Now his shows are wall to wall full of clowns.

Thats why I enjoy the old ones such as Chris Knight and Ray Wylie Hubbard. Champ if I could give any music advice to you I would tell you to download some Ray Wylie Hubbard, he is awesome. His songwriting ability is second to none. If I was going to suggest any song to download I would say Conversation with the Devil, it is a masterpiece.

ktchamp97
12-14-2005, 11:27 PM
The shirts are still being worn to this day. From what I hear, the only good thing about a Pat Green concert is the chicks. However still not enough to get me to go.
Randy Rogers is right now what Pat was about 5 years ago. He has gotten big fast. Just a little over a year or so ago I went to one of his concert in at Nokia in Grand Prarie and there were maybe 50 people there. Now his shows are wall to wall full of clowns.

Thats why I enjoy the old ones such as Chris Knight and Ray Wylie Hubbard. Champ if I could give any music advice to you I would tell you to download some Ray Wylie Hubbard, he is awesome. His songwriting ability is second to none. If I was going to suggest any song to download I would say Conversation with the Devil, it is a masterpiece.

I listened to some clips on cdnow.com...

Obviously, listening to the whole song would bive me a better idea, but, in general, I'm not too fond of that kind of music although it does sound like good drinkin' or drivin' music.

I wasn't trying to hate on Pat Green, or anyone like him. I honestly was curious as to who the dude was. I'm pretty sure 99.5% of the posters would ask "Who the hell is that?" about my favorite band too, lol...and come to think of it, they have a pretty cultish following too...hello mouth, meet foot.