PDA

View Full Version : Pearland in 2009

Grizzy55
12-14-2008, 07:59 PM
This will probably be one of the sketchiest Pearland teams i have seen in years because they are loosing like i think 76 seniors...well u tell me how its gonna go.

Raving Fan
12-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Pearland is losing 70+ seniors, but does have talent in the soph, and junior class. JV I think was 9-1, and had lots of Juniors and Sophs pulled up during the Varsity season. Next yr they will have a Jr. runningback, Jr QB, O Line should be ok. On defense, they have a very good linebacker returning, and the D- line has several players that saw playing time return. JV kicker that has a really nice leg will be a Jr I think. Should be very competitive in district but maybe a yr away of going as for as this 08 team. Maybe will have some transfers move in also.

The Original
12-15-2008, 06:36 PM
I think it should be a little similiar to the 07' team. Maybe just a little better overall

PearlandDL09
12-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Pearland will have a dominant o-line... great qb....
defense has to replace basically everyone... this comin team talent wise is definately not as good as pearland has had the past few years, dawson has taken alot of the athletes and i think it will begin to show this year.

OilerOT09
12-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Oh ya the o-line is going to be awesome. Ian and derrick were 1st team all district, freas was 2nd team. The other gaurd will be garza, he is no jack but gives great effort all the time and loves to hit. Goin in at left tackle will probably be WD or Mully ,and then plater will be TE. Trey will be at qb he has a lot of talent. Recivers will be ortiz, kanipes, strayhorn, rhodes and dustin, but I don't know if they will move dustin to rb or take a jr to take the starting spot at rb. The D will have sealy, deason, j-dub, nava, lafortune, smithers and uk. They are all returning letterman who got moved up during the rehular season. That's all I can conclude from this point, but there will be more later on as the year progresses

Raving Fan
01-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Any news on the 09 Oilers, off season work outs, Any new student-athletes move in? I know it's early but never to early to talk Pland football.

Raving Fan
05-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Alright P-Land its time to talk Oiler Football. Spring ball is over and 7 on 7 is under way. I heard the Oilers went 2-1 in the Texan 7 on 7 this past weekend. Any news coming out of Spring ball? Who impressed? Offense, defense, special teams? Where are the Oiler faithful? Lets get this started!!!
:cool:

Raving Fan
05-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Pearland Oiler Schedule

Kingwood Aug 29 Reliant
@ Kempner Sept 4
Spring Branch Mem Sept 11 Rig
Open
@ Pasadena Sept 26
Sam Rayburn Oct 2 Rig
@ La Porte Oct 9
@ Pasadena Mem Oct 16
South Houston Oct 23 Rig
@ Deer Park Oct 30
Dobie Nov 6 Rig

Only 4 home games at the Rig, one neutral site and 5 Road

My prediction is 9-1 maybe 10- 0 if this young team matures and avoids injuries during the season.

mojo4life
05-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Pearland Oiler Schedule

Kingwood Aug 29 Reliant
@ Kempner Sept 4
Open
@ Pasadena Sept 26
Sam Rayburn Oct 2 Rig
@ La Porte Oct 9
@ Pasadena Mem Oct 16
South Houston Oct 23 Rig
@ Deer Park Oct 30
Dobie Nov 6 Rig

My prediction is 9-1 maybe 10- 0 if this young team matures and avoids injuries during the season.

who could you guys lose to?:confused: Deer Park ?? Dobie??? I guess anything could happen.... I think you guys are just to strong to lose to any one on your schedule.....

1BAD3V
05-27-2009, 04:03 PM
who could you guys lose to?:confused: Deer park ?? Dobie??? I guess anything could happen.... I think you guys are just to strong to lose to any one on your schedule.....

exactly my thoughts...

85Roughneck
05-27-2009, 04:57 PM
who could you guys lose to?:confused: Deer Park ?? Dobie??? I guess anything could happen.... I think you guys are just to strong to lose to any one on your schedule.....

LaPorte ... :cool:

mossad
05-28-2009, 07:27 AM
Thats not a tough schedule at all, yall should go undefeated. I look forward to seeing Garrison run the rock behind that offensive line. I was able to see yall against katy taylor. I seen Garrison run the rock maybe 8 times, he will produce way more than Carrier. he is explosive through the hole and he is elusive. good Luck

HUM398
05-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Any news on the 09 Oilers, off season work outs, Any new student-athletes move in? I know it's early but never to early to talk Pland football.

What is that the 2009 norm...Student move-ins?

Does this always happen or something?

Raving Fan
05-28-2009, 10:54 AM
My understanding is that most of the transfer (move-in) students would be in Pearland Dawsons zone....288 and Silverlake area. Never know, Sam Proctor ( Oklahoma DB) moved in summer before his senior yr from Dobie I believe. They lost 71 seniors from last yr, excellent returning soph, jrs and a 9-1 JV squad. I think they get better as the season progresses. Trey Anderson JV QB started 1 game on Varsity due to injury to Sam Allen and did very well.

PearlandDL09
05-29-2009, 12:02 PM
More than likely undefeated in regular season due to weak schedule la-porte, and deer park may challenge... dont see them making it past a strong offense in the playoffs. lost way way too much on defense.

Mr. Rod
05-29-2009, 04:04 PM
I wish you guys had a tougher pre district. Maybe go up against someone like Hightower or Lamar... Woodlands would be a good matchup. I'd watch that game. But oh well you play the cards your dealt. Good Luck Oilers, maybe we'll see ya in the playoffs.

Oiler Alumni Deer Dad
06-01-2009, 07:19 AM
Im not counting out Deer Park to give them a good game and ruining that perfect season. :)

Mr. Rod
06-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Im not counting out Deer Park to give them a good game and ruining that perfect season. :)

I wish I could of went to the game. I heard it was a great one. Maybe i'll check it out at Abshire this season.

Raving Fan
06-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Any Pearland " insiders" know who is starting at RB and WR ? Also who is handling the kicking duties this yr?

Fleeman93
06-03-2009, 10:34 AM
I wish you guys had a tougher pre district. Maybe go up against someone like Hightower or Lamar... Woodlands would be a good matchup. I'd watch that game. But oh well you play the cards your dealt. Good Luck Oilers, maybe we'll see ya in the playoffs.

Who does Pearland have in pre-district?

bulldog
06-03-2009, 10:42 AM

OADD,
I heard that the Deer Defense looked pretty good this spring, can you confirm?

naseclem
06-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Starting Qb Anderson will be a sleeper prospect...he's legit.

Oiler Alumni Deer Dad
06-03-2009, 11:24 AM
OADD,
I heard that the Deer Defense looked pretty good this spring, can you confirm?

The defense looked really good!!! I think this years defense will be better than last years for sure.

Its going to have to be to stop LaPorte and Pearland.

Raving Fan
06-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Pearland Oiler Schedule

Kingwood Aug 29 Reliant
@ Kempner Sept 4
Open
@ Pasadena Sept 26
Sam Rayburn Oct 2 Rig
@ La Porte Oct 9
@ Pasadena Mem Oct 16
South Houston Oct 23 Rig
@ Deer Park Oct 30
Dobie Nov 6 Rig

Oiler's Schedule

Raving Fan
06-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Who's handling the QB duties at the Deer since Hans is gone?

Oiler Alumni Deer Dad
06-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Who's handling the QB duties at the Deer since Hans is gone?

Looks like its a toss up between 2 seniors. I think there names are Beau Kirkwood and Andrew Storey. They are going to fight it out for the starting spot.

Raving Fan
06-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Congrats to the P land baseball team for their win last night over Brazowood. Several of the players on the baseball team played on the Oiler football team. Regional Finalist in football and possible state finialist/champion in baseball, class of 09 doing themselves proud

Raving Fan
06-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Looks like the Oilers are having a good summer. The 7 on 7 team has qualified for State and there was a nice victory against Dawson in the Texas City Tourney. T Anderson is really settling in but its only 7 on 7. Im wondering if a blue bird moves in during the summer. Also anyone hear anything on a update on the scoreboard? Season getting closer.

Raving Fan
06-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Hey P'land, Any news on a new scoreboard this yr? I doubt the school district will use temp scoreboards this yr. Rig is a great place to watch games, it would be ashame it you dont get a first class high school football scoreboard. Looking forward to watching your game at Reliant Stadium with Kingwood.

ktCarl
06-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey, I stuck up for you Oiler fans and asked why P-Land was ranked lower than Cinco Ranch in R3 this year. I think a hamburger is in order here.

Why would P-Land be ranked lower than Cinco Ranch in ya'lls honest opinions?

Raving Fan
06-24-2009, 10:20 AM
my guess would be that Pearland lost 71 seniors. Breaking in a new QB, RB, and lineman. Their JV had a lot of talent. I read that coach Heath was concerned with depth. I think Pearland will be really competitive this yr but next yrs team ....look out