PDA

View Full Version : Cinco Ranch Fans - Katy's Progress??

BayouBoy34
12-06-2008, 09:14 PM
I've heard about a few CR fans that are upset about Katy's success in the playoffs as CR won the district championship but lost out in round 3 of Div I. They've waited 9 years to beat Katy but Katy still seems to have the upper hand as they are in the state semis. Comments?:D

ATXChap07
12-06-2008, 09:16 PM
I've heard about a few CR fans that are upset about Katy's success in the playoffs as CR won the district championship but lost out in round 3 of Div I. They've waited 9 years to beat Katy but Katy still seems to have the upper hand as they are in the state semis. Comments?:D

D1 vs. D2 who had the harder the road in the playoffs, im going with cinco on that one

85Roughneck
12-06-2008, 09:17 PM
I haven't heard about anything like this from any CR fan I know and I haven't seen it posted on the board.

okt0ber
12-06-2008, 09:18 PM
D1 vs. D2 who had the harder the road in the playoffs, im going with cinco on that one

I second that. Cinco was definitely the better team this season. Can't simply compare the number of weeks played in the playoffs.

ATXChap07
12-06-2008, 09:19 PM
I second that. Cinco was definitely the better team this season. Can't simply compare the number of weeks played in the playoffs.

I kind of view katy's playoff games as bye weeks;)

rwilleby
12-06-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm sure there are some... But no different than some Katy fans who are mad about Cinco's win over Katy...

Hey, they had a good team and played well... I thought they could have taken the Hightower game but, in my opinion, the coaches blew the momentum on the fourth and one call in the second quarter... Momentum is a dangerous thing...

Some of us Katy fans wish them well UNLESS they are playing us... Would have liked to see them go to the big game but it wasn't meant to be...

BayouBoy34
12-06-2008, 09:20 PM
I haven't heard about anything like this from any CR fan I know and I haven't seen it posted on the board.

Nothing on the board - just Katy local talk. Just that some fans have personally stated that their main goal was to beat Katy this year and it was not totally fair we had (supposedly) a weaker playoff schedule.

Mr. Rod
12-06-2008, 09:20 PM

I agree. I think someone is just trying to start an argument.

BayouBoy34
12-06-2008, 09:21 PM

so you think Katy would not have faired well against Hightower? :confused:

rwilleby
12-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Sure D1 was stronger... but that's the way it goes... We don't draw them up, we just show and play... must have sucked to have SLC in the way or Region 2 all of those years too...

v2the4
I actually saw a couple of Cinco guys at the Hightower/Pearland game, wearing their maroon CR hats with pride...that was good to see...

I think Cinco fans quite possibly think had they been in d2, they would be in the same spot that Katy High is in, but they cant be jealous of the Katy machine....

Katy High has played football for what, 70 years, and cinco has played for eight or nine years? it takes a long time to build a tradition like Katy High has, and every since the cinco loss, they have been on point, destroying their playoff opponents like the Katy teams of old.....another 42-0 win today..same score last year in the same game vs Clements last year...

ATXChap07
so you think Katy would not have faired well against Hightower? :confused:

Or pearland

rwilleby
12-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Nothing on the board - just Katy local talk. Just that some fans have personally stated that their main goal was to beat Katy this year and it was not totally fair we had (supposedly) a weaker playoff schedule.

I can't disagree with them... But fairness is not part of the game... and the schedule does not guarantee a win...

BayouBoy34
12-06-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm sure there are some... But no different than some Katy fans who are mad about Cinco's win over Katy...

Hey, they had a good team and played well... I thought they could have taken the Hightower game but, in my opinion, the coaches blew the momentum on the fourth and one call in the second quarter... Momentum is a dangerous thing...

Some of us Katy fans wish them well UNLESS they are playing us... Would have liked to see them go to the big game but it wasn't meant to be...

Concur - I pull for Cinco unless they are playing Katy. I always wish them well but I've heard from many sources that some CR fans are verbally upset about Katy's success so far.

rwilleby
12-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Or pearland

I think they would have performed well against either...

rwilleby
12-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Concur - I pull for Cinco unless they are playing Katy. I always wish them well but I've heard from many sources that some CR fans are verbally upset about Katy's success so far.

Understandable... But they've been upset before...

BayouBoy34
12-06-2008, 09:27 PM
I agree. I think someone is just trying to start an argument.

Jeez - not trying to start an argument but just asking a question. I've not seen it first hand on this board but there are many fans that never ever access this board. I'm referring to personal face to face discussions. No big deal to me but thought I would throw this out for discussion.

1BAD3V
12-06-2008, 09:30 PM

I honestly think Katy would have made it just as far playing D1. I'm not sure if they would make it to the championship but I think we could have done just as good. Your cake walk is pretty comparitive to the one Katy had but you know what? We are still playing. What's that? I think I hear the loser lounge calling..."Table for Chaps".

Pool Man

If this is true, then they missed the whole point. Katy's first goal is to win district, but they also know that the season doesn't start until week 11. I'm sure to most of the fans, it wasn't about JUST beating Katy.

Forward Pass

I've supported Cinco since the school opened and I would bet money, have been to more games than any other Cinco fan has, to date. If a few fans are upset about Katy's success in the playoffs this season, that's their problem.

Beating Katy was long overdue for me and the highlight of the season. I had sat through every one of those 8 beatings we took, prior to this year. Not fun.

As for the playoffs, you can't control what Division you're in, or who you play. Bottom line, if Cinco should be mad at anyone, it should be Seven Lakes. If Seven Lakes would have taken care of busines and beaten Blue Taylor, then Katy would have been in Division 1.

We played a very good Hightower team and had our opportunities to pull it out. It wasn't meant to be for us this season.

This is, without a doubt, the best squad we've ever had and I've seen them all. We have nothing to hang our heads about.

I, personally, wish Katy all the best on their quest for back to back State titles, this coming Saturday. I'll be at Rice next Saturday pulling for them.

ATXChap07
12-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Your cake walk is pretty comparitive to the one Katy had but you know what? We are still playing.

You could put in the back ups and still blow out your competition in your bracket. Honestly westlake went a lot further than i expected them to so its always nice for a team to pass your expectations, as a katy fan you should respect that;)

BayouBoy34
I've supported Cinco since the school opened and I would bet money, have been to more games than any other Cinco fan has, to date. If a few fans are upset about Katy's success in the playoffs this season, that's their problem.

Beating Katy was long overdue for me and the highlight of the season. I had sat through every one of those 8 beatings we took, prior to this year. Not fun.

As for the playoffs, you can't control what Division you're in, or who you play. Bottom line, if Cinco should be mad at anyone, it should be Seven Lakes. If Seven Lakes would have taken care of busines and beaten Blue Taylor, then Katy would have been in Division 1.

We played a very good Hightower team and had our opportunities to pull it out. It wasn't meant to be for us this season.

This is, without a doubt, the best squad we've ever had and I've seen them all. We have nothing to hang our heads about.

I, personally, wish Katy all the best on their quest for back to back State titles, this coming Saturday. I'll be at Rice next Saturday pulling for them.

Great comments - Same to CR. I work with many CR fans and have been to many games to root for them.

okt0ber
I think they would have performed well against either...

I think so too. I think they probably performed well against Cinco, too. But I don't think they would have beaten them. Well, they probably would have beaten Pearland. Not Hightower, though.

svhorns
12-06-2008, 09:35 PM
does anyone see the similarities between Katy-SV and Reagan-Cinco Ranch?

Katy a well known tradition who wins a majority of the time loses to Cinco Ranch...

SV a well known tradition who wins a majority of the time loses to Reagan in the regular season...

both Cinco Ranch and Reagan have programs on the rise... and both Reagan and Cinco Ranch have been opened for about 8-9 years I don't know the exact years...

SV and Katy both loss during regular season to these up and coming programs... and SV and Katy are the teams still left in the playoffs...

rwilleby
12-06-2008, 09:40 PM
I think so too. I think they probably performed well against Cinco, too. But I don't think they would have beaten them. Well, they probably would have beaten Pearland. Not Hightower, though.

The Cinco/Hightower game was very close, what 21-24... Not hardly a blowout... Cinco/Katy 21-27 in overtime... No blowout there either...

KT2000
12-06-2008, 09:40 PM
I have no doubt Katy and Cinco Ranch would have played again today if the Cougars went D2 as well. Cinco ran into a strong Hightower team that's capable of causing problems for anyone. Cinco was legit this year.

BayouBoy34
12-06-2008, 09:43 PM
I have no doubt Katy and Cinco Ranch would have played again today if the Cougars went D2 as well. Cinco ran into a strong Hightower team that's capable of causing problems for anyone. Cinco was legit this year.

agree wholeheartly.

Forward Pass
12-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Great comments - Same to CR. I work with many CR fans and have been to many games to root for them.

You have to understand, the Cinco fan and the Katy fan are two different animals. Katy fans come back year, after year, after year, regardless if they have a kid going there or not. At Cinco, you have new faces around you every season. You have a few diehards, but once a class graduates, you rarely see the parents again. That's just the way it is.

Cinco has gotten a taste of the playoffs the past 3 seasons and we like it.
We have to keep building off of that.

It's the not thinking you can win, but KNOWING that you can, factor. That's what got us through the Katy game this season.

The King
12-06-2008, 11:49 PM
I have always maintained that I pull for Cinco every week except one week a year (the week they play katy). and the only thing they have dome to annoy me is to beat katy this year, but I am glad to see them succeed in the playoffs.

The truth is coaching or not a huge portion of the game deep in the playoffs is how well do the players focus. I think that since time began for cinco their big goal has been to beat katy and they did that this year. for cinco that is really step one to becoming a powerhouse.

Maybe with that out of the bag now they will be able to have a bigger (katy type) focus and get over the hurdle to a semi final or final appearance.

THE MAIN THING WE MUST REMEMBER IS HOW FAR THEY HAVE COME IN ONLY NINE YEARS.

It took Katy a lot longer to get to where cinco is. I have full faith in their coach to get them to the next level.

chunky79
12-06-2008, 11:57 PM
not our fault cinco was built and took all our students and made them become #1 in enrollment and go in D1, we just win all the important games

85Roughneck
12-06-2008, 11:59 PM

Katy a well known tradition who wins a majority of the time loses to Cinco Ranch...

SV a well known tradition who wins a majority of the time loses to Reagan in the regular season...

both Cinco Ranch and Reagan have programs on the rise... and both Reagan and Cinco Ranch have been opened for about 8-9 years I don't know the exact years...

SV and Katy both loss during regular season to these up and coming programs... and SV and Katy are the teams still left in the playoffs...

good observation ... what does it mean in your view?

KatyTigerDad0407
12-07-2008, 03:56 AM
You know what; Cinco Ranch beat Katy. Not many teams can say that, not many at all.

08'
TWHS
North Shore
Cinco

07'

06'
CyFalls

05'
Carroll

04'
Clear Lake
Alief Taylor

03'
Lufkin

In the last six seasons only 8 teams have beat Katy. Cinco is in elite company. Kudos to them for beating the 08' region 3 Div 2 champ.

katyfan52
12-07-2008, 05:00 AM

How come we didn't see you today bud??? :mad:;)

rwilleby
12-07-2008, 05:16 AM
How come we didn't see you today bud??? :mad:;)

He was on the top level BUT he PROMISES to make the tailgate this week...

(Don't piss the Katy folks off... You know it can get ugly!) :)

Forward Pass
12-07-2008, 06:45 AM
not our fault cinco was built and took all our students and made them become #1 in enrollment and go in D1, we just win all the important games

You are so far off base here, Chunk. We took Blue Taylor kids, NOT Katy kids. Get your facts straight!

rwilleby
12-07-2008, 06:46 AM
You are so far off base here, Chunk. We took Blue Taylor kids, NOT Katy kids. Get your facts straight!

There's your problem... Ha!

Forward Pass
12-07-2008, 06:47 AM
He was on the top level BUT he PROMISES to make the tailgate this week...

(Don't piss the Katy folks off... You know it can get ugly!) :)

That's why when I got there late, I didn't sit in "The Section". I knew I would be leaving EARLY:eek:, to catch the rest of Hightower-Pearland.

Didn't want to get in trouble!

katyfan52
12-07-2008, 07:02 AM
That's why when I got there late, I didn't sit in "The Section". I knew I would be leaving EARLY:eek:, to catch the rest of Hightower-Pearland.

Didn't want to get in trouble!
So you've been paying attention. :D

rwilleby
12-07-2008, 07:06 AM
Ahhh, the grasshopper tries to become a Master... Don't you know I keep the "early release papers"? I can fix you up... Ha!

Cody
12-07-2008, 08:10 AM

This is true, but Katy lost a huge chunk of kids to Morton Ranch. Cinco Ranch folks didn't want (I am quoting from a rezoning meeting) "that white trash from Katy". Some of y'all have short memories.

TigerHat
12-07-2008, 08:21 AM

Wear Cinco colors - you'll be welcomed - just like the Katy fans in Red pulling for Cinco were at the Hightower game.

twcpfan1
12-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Wear Cinco colors - you'll be welcomed - just like the Katy fans in Red pulling for Cinco were at the Hightower game.

pssst. i saw katy fans on our side cheering for us when we played cinco :D

85Roughneck
12-07-2008, 08:38 AM

it takes all kinds ... ;)

twcpfan1
12-07-2008, 08:43 AM
it takes all kinds ... ;)

actually it was cinco's homecoming and there wasnt room on their side. props to those fans for showing respect to both teams. :)

katyfan52
12-07-2008, 08:50 AM
actually it was cinco's homecoming and there wasnt room on their side. props to those fans for showing respect to both teams. :)
Yep, that would be why we weren't on Cinco's side. ;)

twcpfan1
12-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Yep, that would be why we weren't on Cinco's side. ;)

Damn, do you not like us that much? :D

katyfan52
12-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Damn, do you not like us that much? :D
No, we just support our KISD brothers against all comers, except us. ;) That week they're on their own. I won't cheer against a team if I am sitting on their side though. I'll just sit with my hands in my lap quietly like most fans and enjoy the game.:rolleyes: :ninja:

twcpfan1
12-07-2008, 09:21 AM
No, we just support our KISD brothers against all comers, except us. ;) That week they're on their own. I won't cheer against a team if I am sitting on their side though. I'll just sit with my hands in my lap quietly like most fans and enjoy the game.:rolleyes: :ninja:

We don't do that up here. We hate each other :D

rwilleby
12-07-2008, 09:25 AM

Now I will do a little high-five on the down low for a great play... But not for the win... :D

katyfan52
12-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Now I will do a little high-five on the down low for a great play... But not for the win... :D
Shhhhhh....:ninja:

rwilleby
12-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Shhhhhh....:ninja:

I recognize exceptional effort and must acknowledge it... Like that friggin' pass Mack caught in our game against Cinco... I didn't high-five that one though... :mad:

But it was a good catch...

FP Trojan79
12-07-2008, 10:00 AM
We don't do that up here. We hate each other :D

We are a close knit community here in the Katy area, although we generally talk smack when we play each other and thats what your supposed to to do in district rivalries, we aren't a bunch of hate mongers here.... i as well as many Katy families go to church together and who's kids played some sport together at one time or another and we support each other... thats the way it should be.

Share the love, it will make you feel better in the end.

twcpfan1
12-07-2008, 11:43 AM
We are a close knit community here in the Katy area, although we generally talk smack when we play each other and thats what your supposed to to do in district rivalries, we aren't a bunch of hate mongers here.... i as well as many Katy families go to church together and who's kids played some sport together at one time or another and we support each other... thats the way it should be.

Share the love, it will make you feel better in the end.

That was tongue in cheek. Both sets of Woodlands parents are very proud of both schools, I'm sure.

But kids will be kids. And rivalries are rivalries. Don't expect the students to cheer for the other school. Unless they have siblings there of course which was pretty common the 1st 2 years of CP's existence.

FP Trojan79
12-07-2008, 12:10 PM
That was tongue in cheek. Both sets of Woodlands parents are very proud of both schools, I'm sure.

But kids will be kids. And rivalries are rivalries. Don't expect the students to cheer for the other school. Unless they have siblings there of course which was pretty common the 1st 2 years of CP's existence.

This isn't the woodlands area..this is Katy and we do have kids who come and cheer for katy as well as cinco... many of these kids grow up together and have life long friendships... i don't know about everybody i'm just saying the good people that i know personaly...but no they don't cheer for a each other in district game....usually afterwards in the playoffs just as i have. :)

Pool Man
12-07-2008, 01:38 PM
This is true, but Katy lost a huge chunk of kids to Morton Ranch. Cinco Ranch folks didn't want (I am quoting from a rezoning meeting) "that white trash from Katy". Some of y'all have short memories.

Ha, and there were several starters from last year that lived in those "white trash" neighborhoods. Just think of the talent they could have had.

HomeofChampions'06
12-07-2008, 01:41 PM

Haha. It's true. The Cougars will always be the red headed step child. :D

Forward Pass
12-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Haha. It's true. The Cougars will always be the red headed step child. :D

Be careful what you're saying, it might come back to BEAT you!!:D

HomeofChampions'06
12-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Be careful what you're saying, it might come back to BEAT you!!:D

:notworthy

Dynastybegan86
12-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Haha. It's true. The Cougars will always be the RED head's step child. :D

fify:ninja::D

ktCarl
12-07-2008, 03:28 PM

okt0ber..you bad. You got your sights on Katy and Pearland. I am cooling off though and enjoying your stabs. Try to have some fun the rest of the season. :rolleyes:

Redhoss
12-07-2008, 04:53 PM
I kind of view katy's playoff games as bye weeks;)

The people at SV won't like the tag you placed on them. :eek:

Is your team still playing?

HomeofChampions'06
12-07-2008, 04:54 PM
fify:ninja::D

NICE! :notworthy

Redhoss
12-07-2008, 04:59 PM

Interesting scenario. :D

Redhoss
12-07-2008, 05:03 PM

Trouble maker. :D

GreaterHoustonCoach
12-07-2008, 10:30 PM
True, Division I was a little tougher of a bracket in terms of Region 3 this year... That said, I think if you swip swap Katy and Cinco, the Cougars are still playing ball right now...

My bottom line is that KISD should be very proud of it's football programs, you are a perennial state and Houston area power house district... I am sure Cinco fans are disappointed, but those Hightower Hurricanes are not slouches, the round 3 game at Delmar was the best I have seen in years... Could have gone either way, but you will have another team poised to make another run next year... Cinco has arrived, I believe they will be a serious contender from here on out, which is alot more than other schools in this area can say grace over...